Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready?
Speaker 2: Shuts about to hit the fan?
Speaker 3: Welcome to on Sanctioned Thursdays, horestling with ready.
Speaker 1: What's up? Everyone?
Speaker 2: Welcome to Unsanctioned Thursdays, the show that you asked for because our episodes are too damned short, so here we go. It's a short episode, as Thursdays always are. Don't worry, we'll only have seventeen commercial breaks. Let's start the show, all right. We're not gonna waste any time. Jeff're getting right into it. This one is from Robbie Nielsen five. I know you'll get this question a lot, but any updates on the Federation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me be.
Speaker 2: Completely straight up and get this out of the way, because I think I've hinted at it in an earlier episode, but I didn't really like give the details. So this was and still is. But right now it's a dream that's on hold. This was a huge dream of mine and I got really friggin close. At the end of the day. What I wanted to buy wanted to be sold for more than what I could bring to the table. And other companies have like WWE and AEW have you know, infinite amounts of cash, and I have a what's the absite of infinite? A finite A finite a finite amount of cash. So after the LA Fires, we decided to move because we were really close to where all that went down. It literally hit our street. But when we were evacuated and so we moved. So my wrestling money went into buying a beautiful home for my family that we're all he feels very safe and comfortable in. And the dream will have to come about a different a different way. I haven't given up on it, but I did have to shelve it based on life and circumstances and tough business negotiations that I just wasn't able to get a favorable position in. So I appreciate the question, Robbie Nielsen, and that's the answer for all of you. I'm not giving up on it. It just has to be on hold while I make a couple movies. All right, Coming up next, this one's coming from A Z six six six, the number of the Devil. What are your favorite restaurants around Los Angeles? Oh, you think I'm gonna tell you my favorite spot? So you could be there and then like ask me some questions about the Federation. Listen, man, I'll give you some restaurants, but I can't give you my top dog because then everyone knows about it. I'll tell you this, and I screwed up. Man. Back in the late nineties early two thousands, there was this and it's still there. It's an amazing restaurant. I still go there. It's called Asanebo. It's a sushi restaurant in the valley on Ventura Boulevard and Radford, right in that area, right there, and everybody should go there. But it used to be this secret spot. It opened up in nineteen ninety seven, end of ninety six, beginning of ninety seven. And I used to go there because Japanese restaurants would always let you drink, even if you weren't twenty one. They didn't care. They just want your money. So that's a good tip for all you eighteen year olds that like to drink. Go to Japanese restaurants.
Speaker 3: I used to have a shirt that I bought in Japan that said, uh, Japan serves alcohol two children, and that's all.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 3: It was a funny shirt I bought, ut it's the truth. It's the truth. So anyway, I told these actors that were on a TV show back then. I was friends with one of them, and I told him, and I brought him to this restaurant. I said, I said specifically, but don't tell your friends, because his friends were like the people who call the paparazzi and tell them where they're gonna be so that they get photographed when they come out, and then they act all annoyed that they're being photographed, even though they're the ones that called. I was like, don't tell your friends because they're all gonna, you know, make this place super trendy and popular, and I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Get photographed coming in and out of here. It's like the secret hole in the wall spot. He's like, yeah, no problem, bro, no problem that weekend happens that Monday, I see photos of all his whole cast coming out of that restaurant, and I was like, I called him. I said, damn it, bro, I told you. He was like, oh, sorry, man, it was no big deal. I was like, no, it is a big deal. And then the next time I went, I got fun. So I stopped going for like two years because I hated that crap so much. But it's called asinabol it's in the valley. I go there again now because now none of those a holes go there anymore. And yeah, I called them a holes. They were a holes. So dealers were a holes. I'll tell Jeff who they were off the air. But yeah, so Asinebo, it's in the valley. It's an awesome spot if you like Italian food. There's a great place called Scratch, which is like this sneaky speakeasy spot. You make a reservation and then you got to kind of find it. It's in this like not an unmarked shopping center, but just like a very nondescript shopping center, and they don't have a sign on the door, so you kind of just got to like walk around until you find it, and it's annoying, but once you get in, you're like, oh wow, this is really worth it. So those are your two recommendations, Jeff, what do you recommend? I'm a simple man. I'm not a foodie.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I could tell you twelve great bars from when I was drinking, and I could tell you five great cigar loungers that are near where I live that I frequent. But I'm not like a big food guy. I'm always ordering in Like just last night I had hostmates. I ordered sugarfish really sushi plays.
Speaker 1: You know, it's whatever.
Speaker 3: It's hardly a secret, but I will say, if you're ever in the Valley of Los Angeles, there's a place called Hugos. Yeah, it's just like a healthy diner. But it isn't so healthy that it doesn't taste good, and it isn't so dinery that you feel guilty about eating it. It's just a really good diner called Hugos.
Speaker 2: I have eaten a Hugos on many a brunch, and I completely agree with Jeff's endorsement. Next week we'll tell you guys where the best cigar bars in the valley are. Yeah, next up, and we're really nice to you as considering you have the number of the Beast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought about going. I'm not answering this for anyone that has six six six. I tell everyone, do what you'd like, but don't do what you'd like with the devil.
Speaker 1: You know that's a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, the Devil's bad, all right. This one comes from Sky's the Limit twenty twenty one. Do your respective partners have problems when you're hooking up? In a movie? Great question.
Speaker 1: No, my ex.
Speaker 2: Girlfriend did, which is one of the reasons why she's my ex. She thought that it was like cheating, and so we woke up and then she was the one who actually cheated in real life, and I was like, uh, what the hell Like, at least I got.
Speaker 1: Hit for it.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty one. This is the best question ever. And I'll tell you why. I've had a theory about this forever because these actor guys and these actor guys and gals, yeah, tell me about me, Yeah, I will. They always go, oh, gosh, it's just a character. It's just a character. Oh my gosh, it's not real. It's like, dude, when I get I get turned on, when I get a massage, I don't know how to turn it off, just because it's an acting. Also, with acting, you get so into it that I don't know how. I wouldn't have feelings or emotions if I start kissing on someone or hooking up with someone. So I respect actors that they're able to not make this a thing, but I know I wouldn't be able to.
Speaker 1: I don't know how. I don't know how the heck they do it.
Speaker 2: So I know a lot of actors who do have issues with it, like what you're saying and can't deal with it, and they don't hate. They don't date other actors simply because of that, like they can't handle it. I also know some actors whose spouses that are not in the business who hate the fact that their spouse has to kiss somebody else. So there are insecurities that can drive those types of feelings, right, My insecurities are other stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm more self hate.
Speaker 2: That stuff was like, oh, I'm probably horrible at this too. Fuck, Like that's more where my insecurities lie. But they've never lied in there, Like I've never worried about Sarah liking somebody that she worked with, and she's never had to worry about that either. I'm friends with most of the women that I've had to have an intimate scene with on camera, like Rachel ye Cook and I are still super friggin tight, and she was like the first girl I think I smooched on camera, but there was no like, oh my gosh, we just smooched because she's more like a sister, like I looked out for and she looked out for me. That's sort of always been our relationship and I think maybe because it was established like that for me, I've just always taken that approach with every single woman that I've had to have a smooch with on camera, where it's just like, nah, I'm here to look out for you. You're safe with me. Nobody's asking you for coffee later, like this is a job. And I think because of that, I've always maintained friendships with just about every female that I worked with. Some may not be friends, but we're not enemies. We just don't know each other because we had nothing in common. But yeah, that's an excellent question. Sky's the limit and I hope we answered it at equipment. Next on the list, this one comes from a friend of the show, Emma Frad with two d's. I'm not gonna say fraud. That would be messed up, but I almost said fraud, but it's Frad for sure. Hey, Freddy, Alex and Jeff Alex getting some love. I wonder why this question made the list. What are each of your favorite wrestling matches of all time? In all of the times, As Santino Morello would say, Our producer Alex says he has three favorite match three she has for one bro three favorite matches. One was a w CW Stark nineteen ninety seven where Sting defeated Hal Cogan to win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. The next this is what I was gonna say, Oh wait, maybe not Stone Cold versus Bret Hart WrestleMania thirteen when they did the double turn Dun Dunt dun. And finally, and much more recently, Swerve Strickland versus Brian Danielson career versus title match at aw All in twenty twenty four. Nothing beats that final countdown entrance. Ever, those were excellent matches. Producer Alex I would say one of my favorites of all time is raymy st daddy O versus Eddie Guerrero when Ray wore the purple. That one was pretty awesome. I also love raymus Terio versus Dean Malinko. You can pick a match. This was my WCW days back in the day, watching matches with my grandma in Puerto Rico on Christmas break and summer break, when I would hang out and book at her own and she would tape all the matches and we would get to watch them over and over again. So those are something that I've watched like probably a million freaking times, and definitely some of my favorites.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Jeff. Well.
Speaker 3: The thing about asking favorites guys, you know, is sometimes you're gonna get really obvious answers. You know, people say, Jeff, who's the greatest comedians, and you're like, it's not really gonna be that exciting, because they'll be exactly you think it's gonna be. It's gonna be the Carlins, the Priors, it's gonna be the Chappelle's, the Louis. The answer is not. The answer is something you probably just could have like looked up, you know, because because it's so obvious to everyone. So in the same way, my favorite matches and obvious one. It's the two thousand and six Punjabi prison match, Bautista versus the Great Khalid.
Speaker 2: You know, it was I love that you threw a D on the end, like it's DJ College. It was just Khalid. There's isn't it wasn't it the great There's no D in Khalid, the Great, Well in Khalid, there's a D for sure, but his name was the Great Kalead, So you were right, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was my think, my favorite match, if I'm honest, all joking aside was Undertaker versus Mankind and the hell in hisself. Oh yeah, it was just so cool and unpredictable. I didn't think any of that would happen. I spent years after that trying to convince everyone at my school that I had some sort of inside information and that wasn't supposed to happen. That's not how they wrote it up, you know, like I made it, which I was basically lying to everyone, making it sound like this match was completely went off the rails and they really tried to fight each other. It was just so exciting and uh, not only do I have a tremendous amount of nostalgia for the match, but it also was awesome.
Speaker 1: It was just so cool, and we still talk about that match, you know, thirty years later.
Speaker 2: This next one is just for me Jeff so ha haha, unreal And Jess Diaz one two one seven says, how does it feel being back on the big screen? That's an A never weren't on the big screen. No, I've done some small screen stuff and some big screen stuff, but this is the first movie I've done in quite some time that'll be on three thousand screens plus nationwide, uh and then worldwide I don't know how many. So it's really exciting because a lot of movies don't get theatrical release these days because of streaming services constantly looking to buy product. And you know, these these film investors are going to sell to whoever gives them the most money upfront. They want to make that money back as quickly as possible. You make a two million dollar movie, you know, on the average they're only making like two hundred three hundred thousand back on streaming, So you want to have a sale somewhere, like a pre sale, so you can make that money back right away as quickly as possible, with a distributor or with investors early on, if it's the distributor path, Like my last one sold for more than we made it for, so that guy was happy and now wants to make another one with me. When you make a studio movie, it's completely friggin' different, completely friggin different. And this experience was lengthy. You know, when you make an indie film, you're shooting in three four weeks. This was a matter of months that we shot this over. There's reshoots, there's test screenings. There's test audiences that come in and I like this person, I don't like that person, and the studio sometimes listens to these random opinions, which is not always a good thing. Sometimes you have to trust in the vision of the director and just believe in that. When I was doing all the Mirrimax movies back in the day, like a test screening audience with literally rewrite the movie basically, and the director is like, what about the idea that you bought for me? Like why don't you believe in that? Let's let's die on the sword if we're gonna If we're gonna die, let's not change the art, like you wouldn't have Picasso paint a painting. And then the gallery owner takes it and shows it to people before it's for sale, and it says, well, we have some notes, Pablo, and we'd like to do some changes before I put it. Like that would never fucking happen, But in the corporate modern world of movies, it happens on every single film. Some people argue that it should, some people argue that it doesn't. The truth somewhere in the middle, but yeah, so I'm super excited because it's a rarity unless you're Tom Cruise obviously to get to do this, so super excited. It comes out July eighteenth. I know what you did last summer is the name of the movie, just like the first one. Hope you guys dig it. I think it's really, really solid. I'm really proud of the work that I did in it, and I hope you guys like it too. Next up, we're running out of time, so i'll be fast. This one comes from Jake GOUDI underscore, how do you think wa we will change after Seena retires. I think you've kind of already seen that Jake when he was when he was gone the first time, So I think it'll be this is just a quick story for John and then it'll go back to getting this next generation over. Hopefully there'll be some time for Carry and Cross to finally get a freakin push once this storyline's over it and he can get more up on the top guys, because that dude's money on the mic and in the ring. So you look for opportunities like that for people when Seena retires. But yeah, I think it'll look similar. You'll see Cody get the Cody get the strap and lead the crusade until they find that next guy, or they think they find that next guy.
Speaker 1: What about you, Jeff, Yeah, I don't really know.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like much will change reality, Like this is how things go, you know. You you couldn't picture a time that they don't just push Roman reigns in every pay per view and he wins every you know, main event, and then he goes away, and you know, and it's it's not like anything's better because Roman isn't around, but now there's a new person that's on everything, you know, So like when Sena's gone, Will it's just the way the world works, It's the way wrestling works. It'll be you know, like I said, or like you said, Cody will just kind of be the guy, I think, and then hopefully we'll have I mean, we've got so many of these young guys that are becoming big stars. So maybe one of them will be the next Sena. I don't know, But for right now, Cody is the guy, and I don't think it'll change that much.
Speaker 2: All Right, we got time for one more, Freddie, Would you consider creative writing for WWE again? If there's an opportunity, I'd never say no. Like, I don't have any burnt bridges there, at least none that I burnt. I don't think anyone burned one with me, nobody wronged me when I was there or anything like that. So yeah, i'd consider it, but I'm definitely on a different path right now, so I don't see a scenario where that happens anytime in the near future. I have a question, Jeff, if you got an opportunity to write promos, to do dialogue, to do that kind of stuff in WWE.
Speaker 1: Would you take that job.
Speaker 2: Would you take a couple months or a few months off from comedy and actually like sit in a writer's room and do that or would it just be too much of a lifestyle change.
Speaker 3: I think I would try it, but I would be so like skeptical or like not skeptical.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's the right term. I would be so like I would know right away like.
Speaker 3: If I could do this or if I couldn't do this, and right now, like I'm open to thinking maybe I wouldn't be good at it, Like I don't really know, but I would try it, just because I love wrestling so much.
Speaker 1: I've heard it's a pretty thankless job.
Speaker 2: I think it's supposed to be a thankless job. That's that was kind of the approach I took. Like, if the your job is strictly to help get the talent over, if somebody's saying, hey, you did great on that, like you're supposed to defer that and go, no, they did great. I just wrote it, they executed, Yeah, they did great. So it is you're right in that regard. But I think it's used to be.
Speaker 3: And I love credit, you know, I love getting my flowers.
Speaker 1: I love getting the attention.
Speaker 3: I don't want to if if my guy goes out there he does the thing real good, I go. You know, I wrote that, you know, I came up with that, so I don't know. Maybe I wouldn't be good at the job.
Speaker 2: There were guys there that'd be like, hey, Freddy, you like that that promo, that Cane promo. I wrote that, So there are still guys today. I'd be like, yeah, man, it was good way to go.
Speaker 3: Well, my love for wrestling would me and I couldn't turn it down. I would be I'd be just so into it.
Speaker 2: Take a swing anyway. Yeah, all right, you guys, thanks for tuning in, Thanks for your questions. Sorry, we couldn't get to all of them. I'm Freddy Prince. That's Jeff Dye. See you guys next Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Peace, we're out.