Speaker 1: What's happened? Everybody.
Speaker 2: Welcome into another edition of Texas All Access Matchup addition, and you can hear the joy in my voice because we are gonna be breaking down and looking back at a twenty three to twenty win over the Buffalo Bills from Sunday. Appreciate you being here with me. I'm John Harris Football on the Sideline Reporter. What a weekend it was for the good guys. Wore the H on the helmet for the first time war the H Town Unis for the first time, repped Houston for the millionth time, but on this day when it was repping Htown day, it was imperative to get a win, and the Texans got it, and man it was awesome.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna spend a couple of.
Speaker 2: Segments breaking down this win, as we do with the Ultimate Eleven, the plays and moments of the game. And again, as I was thinking about after the game, I think I'm gonna have to do two segments, one offense, one defense, and then I gotta share special teams. So I flipped a coin today and it came up special teams with the defense and the defense going first. So well, the Ultimate Eleven defense and special teams. Here ultimate eleven offensive plays and moments on the other side in segment two.
Speaker 1: So let's kick it off with.
Speaker 2: Play number eleven. And it really is play number eleven representative of one heck of a performance by Azaz al Shire. So on Saturday it was announced, and by announce, I mean he was sent out to the media as he's. Al Shire has been put on the injury report illness. He is questionable for Sunday. And I can't tell you the number of bad words I said when I saw that. Now, not because you know, just a football aspect. I mean, obviously I want a z's to feel well and feel one hundred percent, but I saw he'd be sick. The first thing I thought about was last year when we went to Nashville and the Titans were wearing those you know, the ones. I can't even bring myself to say it, but they're wearing those jerseys. And Mike Keith, longtime voice of the Tennessee Titans, had been talking to Mark, and Mark then told me, he said, hey, is these has been sick all week?
Speaker 1: Has he practiced? Think he's been in a building?
Speaker 2: And he went out and played in that game and it was like fourteen to fifteen tackles.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was all over the place.
Speaker 2: And I remember at some point a third quarter I said to Mark, are we sure this dude was sick? This is killing me? Well, Saturday, disease was sick. Didn't know he's gonna play. Look out there on Sunday. He's in the lineup early on, not going great, and I'm gonna play you a clip from Demico Ryans that I thought he told us this and his coaches show about disease, and I thought it was pretty amazing for a guy to be that's sick and then missed a couple of tackles early in the game, and then Demiko had a little talk with him, and from that point on he was fantastic. So number eleven to see two yard TfL that essentially just speaks volumes about aziz al Shire led team of tackles, had TfL, two quarterback hurries, two passes broken up. One of them should have been an interception. But he's had an incredible gamup. Put him here at number eleven. Here's a zizel Shire with a two yard TfL in a third quarter.
Speaker 3: First Hawn Bill's at there forty nine Johnson in the backfield, Allen under center four and Nan front handoff Johnson and he's brought out of the backfield a backfield blast TfL Aziz, al Shire second.
Speaker 2: And long Sonamiko's Coaches Show on Monday, I asked him about a zezel Shire and how he epitomizes the swarm mentality, and he gave me this answer.
Speaker 1: I thought this was really interesting, Lazz.
Speaker 4: He definitely represents that epitomizes that swarm mentality about what he was able to do in the game on yesterday, and and I think I gave him a little bit even more firepower because in the first that first drive, it wasn't all clean and I say, hey, man, I'm taking you out of this game. You're gonna sit down, yeah, if we can't get it cleaned up. And you know, we had some words there on the side, and he got it cleaned up and he started chasing John's a little bit faster.
Speaker 2: That man is a master motivator, but he's got an incredible student. Has been paying attention from the day he got in the league and sees al Shire what a game for us. Now, SES's linebacker partner was supposed to be Christian Harris, but Christian has been banged up. Henry Toatoa has taken that mantle and he has run with it and he runs dudes down. Here's Henry Totoa at number ten with a massive tackle against.
Speaker 3: The Bills because he's in the middle of the d Alan barking at his team. Here's the snap on third and five, quick blow left side.
Speaker 5: And Samuel's not going to get there. Henry brings him down.
Speaker 6: My good time, Henry took out a blocker, put him right on his backside, and then went and made the tackle. It was what a plate. He took out a tight end and then went and made the plate. My goodness, what a football play that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trey said everything I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I mean he ran flat over Dalton Kincaid, I mean bent him in half. It was really impressive. I love the football violence that Henry is playing with. And what just an absolute sweetheart off the field, but on the field he is a monster and playing really, really well. I was number ten, Henry toe of toe with a big TfL running over Dalton Kincaid.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get to the big guys. Fully.
Speaker 2: Fotakasi now when you read a screen as a defensive lineman and then you get to deliver a hit. Oh man, I mean it's a dream.
Speaker 1: It's a dream.
Speaker 2: Never been as big as fully, But when you hit somebody like this, when they don't see it and you make a big play, huge here's the big man, fully Photakasi at number nine with the big TfL.
Speaker 3: First time Houston forty six yard lineup. Cook at the backfield, Allen under Setlques Valdez scantly in motion to the left.
Speaker 5: Alan closed the screen to Cook.
Speaker 3: Burried walk a play wow Fully Fancasi brings him down for a big loss.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: A defensive line played its guts out, just making plays all over the field right there, Number nine fully fought Acasi a big TfL minus seven.
Speaker 1: But it's the big hit that was delivered.
Speaker 2: Many energy that you get from those big hits. I even feel it right now. I got chills thinking about that, visualizing that play. I'd just get the number eight and the big guys again. But defense got a little bit of an assist here from Demico Ryans on this play. I think it was second and nine and the Bills came out empty. They got them all down inside the red zone. I think they were down inside of ten. Actually at that point they got downside the red zone and Josh Allen checks on his play. He goes up to the line and he checks something and you see the receivers and the tight end all kind of give the signal back like okay, we got it, We're good. As soon as that happened, I could see out a corner of my eye, could see something out of my prey provision and it's Tamiko and I look and Demiko is taking his hand in front of his face and he's waving it in front of his face, kind of like Johnson, you can't see me, you can't see me, but a little bit.
Speaker 1: More to the side.
Speaker 2: And it hit me that was my sign And it's probably a lot of people sign when I gave signals. This is all twenty four years ago. We put in hand signals for our team and one that we came up.
Speaker 1: With a screen.
Speaker 2: What's the screen and we kind of just did that like hand in front of the face like screen.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, oh boy, okay, he let everybody know it's a screen.
Speaker 2: Well, on the snap, Jalen Petrie took off like a shot at the slot receiver beat the block and it kind of rattled Josh, so he pulls it back down, doesn't know what to do, and then this happened at number eight.
Speaker 1: Clil Davis would the only sack of the day for the Boys.
Speaker 3: Empty batfield, second and goal at the ten to three receivers to the right side, two to the left. Allen puts the leg down, looks right, pumps and he's.
Speaker 5: Gonna be sacked, brought down.
Speaker 3: It's a party in the backfield to the Houston Texans.
Speaker 6: With a big sack on second of goal, I think it's gonna be settled. Davis was there. I mean, a bunch of guys able to get home on Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: All Right, it's get to number seven and this guy should be the Special Teams player of the week. Remember it's the defense got the special teams this week. Offenses on its own, so defense went first tonight. So they get Kayimi, fair Baron and some more. And we'll get to that in just a little bit. But seventeen to three come out of the shoot in the second second half, third quarter, and the Texans really haven't done much on these drives.
Speaker 1: At the beginning of the third quarter. Third quarter has kind of been a little bit of a little Yankee, if you will, but not this one.
Speaker 2: They go down the field, get Kymie fairbarn set up and he knocks home a forty seven yarder to give the Texas a twenty to three lead.
Speaker 1: He comes in number seive.
Speaker 3: Here's a forty seven yard attep between the hashes for fair Baron snapped his down.
Speaker 5: The kick is up and it's good and the Texans add to their lead.
Speaker 3: So fair Baron on the last two Texans possession possessions ends them with field goals to build a twenty to three advantage over the Buffalo Bills with eleven fifteen.
Speaker 5: To go in the third quarter.
Speaker 2: Early in the game, as we get the number six here, Jimmy Ward collided with James Cook.
Speaker 1: I think it may have been the first run of the game.
Speaker 2: For play the game, and you didn't know he's down for a while, and I could see him flexing his fingers and I figured that was probably a stinger. In the time that he was down on the turf, he was probably trying to work that stinger out. He got back in the game, even though he left with a groin injury. Later groin injury that's been bothering him. He did come up with this TfL right here.
Speaker 1: And he comes in at number six.
Speaker 3: Here's Allen and the gun Bills have it at their sixteen yard line.
Speaker 5: First of ten, a throw to Sam deep to the backfield. He's gonna lose yardage.
Speaker 3: Texans make the play with Jimmy Ward snuffing it out.
Speaker 6: Years He's a heck of a play coming up from his safety spot and he's full speed, never slows down, not one step, and he is able to get out there and make a play for a loss. And that is a tremendous advantage for the defense.
Speaker 2: All Right, it's get to number five and again it's got me Fairbarn, Texas up fourteen to three, trying to get something done before the half. Lined up from fifty, boy, he's been I mean, what is he now? Eight of nine from fifty something like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's been incredible.
Speaker 2: He knocked this one home from fifty yards right before the have to make it seventeen to three.
Speaker 1: It's at number five.
Speaker 3: It's a fifty yard attempt for Fair Baron Wright hash Mark North end zone uprights the bullpen section. John Weeks will snap Tommy Townsend with the hole. Here's the spot. Here's the kick by fair Bear, up and good. At the halftime buzzer, fair Barn connects from fifty and the Texans lead Buffalo seventeen to three at the break.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to number four and it's Willy Anderson Junior kind of like.
Speaker 1: With a z's.
Speaker 2: I think this play is a little bit more just symbolic of the performance that I felt like Willy Anderson Junior Daniel Hunter had. I don't think those guys got enough credit for the pressure that they were getting on Josh Allen. I mean, I don't even know if the stats show it all that much. Willy Anderson had two quarterback hurries, as he said two. Danil ended up having I think one, Yeah, he had one. So I don't know if that was symbolic really or emblematic of what they did. But I think this play is symbolic of the performance they had. It's Willy Anderson Junior coming up with a big two yard tf ell well a solid ball game, one TfL, two hurries, and this is that TfL coming in number.
Speaker 5: Four, second and seven of the Houston forty three yard line. One back. It's Johnson.
Speaker 3: He gets fed and he's gonna get blasted in the backfield. Texans all over the play, will Anderson Junior getting there first for a TfL at the forty five yard line.
Speaker 5: Third and nine.
Speaker 2: All right, moving on to number three right here, and something weird happened in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: It's kind of weird.
Speaker 2: She just shot through interception and then he hit a fumble and we're not used to that. I mean, that just shows you the greatness of CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroud.
Speaker 2: So the defense goes out after the fumble, and it's twenty to seventeen at this point, and you think, oh my god, Bill score here. They'll have stolen the lead. They're up twenty four to twenty at that point with a made extra point. Now you gotta score a touch on the winning game.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: Okay, if there is a time for sudden change, this is that time for sudden change.
Speaker 1: So Josh Allen still in the tent.
Speaker 2: So in the first play, Mitchell Trubisky handed off, which probably to be expected. Stuffed first play, absolutely stuffed James Cook, no gain. Josh Allen then came back into the game, and this time he threw to James Cook, and I think this is maybe the best ball that Josh threw all day. When I went back and watched this on television on the second haund play, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh god, this was a lot closer than I thought.
Speaker 2: I was standing probably about seven yards away from this, and I immediately saw his feet hit out of bounds, so I was like, out of bounce.
Speaker 1: The ref said he was out of bounds.
Speaker 2: When you go back and watch it, He's got one foot that hits, but then his shoulder comes really close.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a matter of inches.
Speaker 2: But Eric Murray was in great shape and that's where the ball had to be thrown a couple inches further outside. Got the stop on second down, so then it turned to third down. Bill's trying to get something done and as ziz al Schier came out of nowhere to put pressure on Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: This is amazing.
Speaker 2: You hear Andre make this call right at the beginning, look out for quarterback draw Well, Josh got outside to the right outside the rush, and I thought that was going to be an issue, but Disease was spying on him and was able to run him down and force a big incompletion in a fuel goal that tied the game, and really, I don't want to say, because they.
Speaker 1: Did get points.
Speaker 2: It didn't completely snuff out the fumble, but the impact of the fumble was lessened because of what the defense did.
Speaker 1: Here. Here's that third down stop comes in at number.
Speaker 3: Three, empty backfield after emotion. Third down and ten at the Houston fifteen yard line. Alan shotgun.
Speaker 6: That'll be aware of him running when it's empty like this, Alan gets the snap, Alan looking Alan running out to the right side.
Speaker 3: Alan tried to extend the play throwing out of bounds right side and complete.
Speaker 5: Samuel the only receiver in the area.
Speaker 3: Texans get off the field after the turnover.
Speaker 5: But here's Bass to try to tie it up.
Speaker 2: The Bills would definitely tie it up, as Tyler Bass hit the fuel goal there to make it twenty to twenty. But man, it could have been so much worse than that. All right, it's get the number two now. Two and one ended up being special teams plays and I know you know what number one is, and so we're gonna save that obviously because.
Speaker 1: We got to get the number two.
Speaker 2: I felt like this was a boy Robert Woods back as a part returner. He had a couple of questionable ones catching the ball inside the five man. I was getting texts after those that happened. I'm like, hey, you know I'm not coaching a returners. Don't get mad at me. What do you want me to do with that? There's nothing, nothing that I can do. But late in the first half, well about of forty something seconds left and a half, the Bills had to punt and Sam Martin hit a hit a bomb.
Speaker 1: Basically, he hit a bomb to Robert Woods.
Speaker 2: Robert caught it at the about the twelve thirteen yard line and then took off.
Speaker 1: Thirty six yards later.
Speaker 2: He had the ball at the Houston forty nine yard line about at midfield with thirty seconds left.
Speaker 1: A couple of plays got.
Speaker 2: The Texans in in position for Kymie to hit a fifty yard field goal before the half, But it doesn't happen without this Robert Woods thirty six yard punt return.
Speaker 1: It comes in at number two.
Speaker 5: Sam Martin unloads the punt.
Speaker 3: Robert Woods, backtracking again a deep punt at the fourteen Woods to his left fifteen twenty Woods twenty.
Speaker 5: Five sideline thirty.
Speaker 3: Thirty five forty forty five and pushed down the bounds a great run back by Robert Woods with thirty seconds to go, the Texans can score, they have two timeouts to work with.
Speaker 6: That looked like the younger version of Robert Woods high stepping down the sideline.
Speaker 5: Well, it's his former team, too sweet.
Speaker 2: Robert had some big returns stepping in for Steven Simms. And yes, obviously those couple of returns he caught inside the five, I mean he'd like to have those back. But the impact of his returns, that thirty six yarder and then the one late in the game that got the Texans on the other side of the fifty and left them time on the clock was absolutely awesome.
Speaker 1: And it left time on the clock for this at number one. And you know what it is.
Speaker 2: When you hit from fifty nine yards out to win the ballgame, you will be number one. If I merged all of my ultimate eleven plays together, this still would be number one. They put the ball in the foot of Kymie fairbearon snap from John Weeks, the hold of Tommy Rockets and the ambassador of clutch, Kymie Fairbear knocked it home from fifty nine yards out to give the Texas a twenty three to twenty wins number one.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's not a butt in a seat in this stadium. Fifty nine yard of ten for the win.
Speaker 3: Weeks with the snap, Tommy Townsend with the hold, and Canny Fairbairn with a chance to give the Texans the victory. Here's the snap by Weeks the spot, here's the kick by Fairbarn has the distance and it's good.
Speaker 5: Fairbear wins it.
Speaker 2: At the buzzer.
Speaker 5: The Texans beat the Bills. Fifty nine yards for the dog on each.
Speaker 3: Town Day twenty three twenty.
Speaker 6: Wasn't the prettiest, but it might have been good. From seventy he hit it and it wasn't high, It just was long, inaccurate. The operation ran smoothly.
Speaker 3: Fair Barn drove it through the uprights to give the Texans the victory.
Speaker 5: Four and one out.
Speaker 3: Of a year, beating Buffalo.
Speaker 5: And I think our message in the AFC.
Speaker 1: Man the excitement and Mark's voice, the roar of the crowd.
Speaker 2: What an incredible day. Texans win twenty three to twenty. But we are only halfway home. We just did defensive special teams and we gotta honor the offenses. Ultimate eleven and that's coming up next, right, here on Texans All Access Matchup petition. There it is Welcome back everybody to Texans All Access Matchup petition. I'm John Harris Football on US Sideline reporter. We just went through the ultimate eleven defense and special teams.
Speaker 1: Plays of this win over the Buffalo Bills. Now and win, you've gotta.
Speaker 2: Satisfy all three phases. Well, we did two of them with defensive special teams. Now it's time for ultimate eleven offensive plays. Let's get to it and start at number eleven, ironically with an eleven yard run or more fittingly in eleven yard run. Texas didn't well you're not gonna run. Remind anybody of a wishbone offense. Rushing for four hundred yards game, but not terrible in the run game. Ran for ninety four yards in the run game on twenty eight runs, so it's under four yards of carry, but did some good things at times, especially when they needed it. So down three to nothing, Texas got a little drive going. Need some help from Daria Gumbwally a third down play on a nice little toss over the top of the AJAF Panessa blitzing and Dari turns it into twenty eight yard catch and run which got the offense going. Nico Collins made a catch for eleven yards and then cam Acres came up big on this eleven yard run. It comes in at number eleven.
Speaker 3: Acres in the backfield, Stroud and the gun here's motioned by Niko to the right.
Speaker 5: CJ hands off to Acres.
Speaker 3: Running left twenty five to twenty, cutting back to.
Speaker 5: The right and down at the fifteen yard line.
Speaker 3: A first down run by cam Acres eleven yards and it's a trip to the TDECU red zone.
Speaker 1: So as we all know, late in the first quarter, CJ.
Speaker 2: Strout and Nico Collins big sixty seven yards for a touchdown, gave the Texans a fourteen to three lead. So Bill's got the ball back, didn't do much with it, kicked it back to the Texans about the beginning.
Speaker 1: Of the second quarter. There wasn't much time elapsed in the second quarter.
Speaker 2: Texas got a nice little drive going and it was a third and two when CJ. Straw went back to pass, and you know he's gonna find his guy. Tank del Man was glad. I was glad to see Tank back. We're all happy to see him on in the field. Big third down conversion here from CJ. Strou to Tank. Dell comes in at number ten.
Speaker 5: I'm thirdy two straut and the gun gets the snap throwing.
Speaker 3: Over the middle and he has Tank down inside the forties. Actually just got it outside the numbers and took it inside the forty to the thirty eight yard line.
Speaker 5: Nice pass by CJ. Stroud, perfect velocity.
Speaker 6: It doesn't get there Mark without the block of Daria Goombawalle.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on to number nine and this one it ends up not being a scoring drive, but I feel like this one sort of changed the momentum of the game the fourth quarter after a really.
Speaker 1: Tough third quarter. That third quarter was not great.
Speaker 2: Bill scored a couple times, maybe twenty to seventeen, and then the Texans and Bills sort of exchanged punts. But in exchanging punts, Sam Martin had punted the Bills in some sorry the Texans inside the fifteen yard line and they're back there deep. In they first two plays, they got nothing. Cam Akers gets one yard in a run. CJ looks for digs. It's incomplete. It's now thirty nine from the Houston thirteen.
Speaker 1: Nothing there.
Speaker 2: Tommy Townsen's got punt from his end zone. Bills are probably gonna get decent field position. Man, they had to do something here, if anything, just I mean, even if they picked up seven eight yards just to have punting space.
Speaker 1: CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud said, nah, bro, we're gonna go get more. We're gonna go to Dalton Schultz. And I found Dalton Dalton locker room, and I was like, man, there's so many plays that Dalton made in this game that ended up being underrated, and this is one of them.
Speaker 1: This comes in at number nine.
Speaker 2: We'll get to one more from Dalton to the next one, but at number nine, CJ hits Dalton right here for eighteen big yards to get out from the shadow of their own go post a big first down.
Speaker 3: In the fourth quarter, third down to nine from the Houston thirteen CJ and the gun.
Speaker 5: One bat.
Speaker 3: Here's the snap Stroud looking Straud throwing downfield to his right. Shultz took the couch at the thirty one yard line, brought down there by Bedford. And what a big play and a big time for Dalton Schultz to move the sticks.
Speaker 6: And there were four Bill defenders around him. And you talk about having some confidence in your arm and the timing that you've worked this out with with Schultz didn't allow for a Bill defender to get a hand on it because that ball was thrown in a crowded area, but it was so accurately thrown they didn't have a chance to break on it.
Speaker 2: All right, it's getting number eight right here, and it involves Dalton Schultz. But there's two parts here because these two plays are back to back third downs. I mean a few plays apart, but they're back to back third down completions for eleven yards.
Speaker 1: Featuring one guy that I think before.
Speaker 2: The twenty twenty four season you thought, Okay, this guy's gonna play pretty big role.
Speaker 1: He's probably a five hitded monster, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And then another guy who is really the last couple of weeks emerged as I don't call him a folk hero, I mean he's just a damn good football player.
Speaker 1: And it's start a gumbuwallee.
Speaker 2: So the first one here, Texans have the ball in the fourth quarter, just beyond three minutes. The Texans had just got to stop before the Bills kicked the game time field goal.
Speaker 1: So it's twenty to twenty.
Speaker 2: There's three eighteen left go down, kick a field goal, win this thing walk out of there.
Speaker 1: Everybody's happy to beat the Bills.
Speaker 2: But it immediately got the third and six, and then I can see it plain his day. I see Dalton Schultz crossing the formation and CJ puts it on him. He turns up big eleven yard catch from Dalton Schultz.
Speaker 1: This is eight A on.
Speaker 2: That fourth quarter drive from Dalton Schultz from see distrup third.
Speaker 3: Down and six from the Houston thirty four strand of the gun punch formation wide side right Dari in the backfield with CJ. On third and six from the Houston thirty four. Here's the snap pocket to lapse. I gotta throw right side Schultz across the forty down across the forty five yard line. First down. There goes that man, the tight end, Dalton Schultz. Douglas with the tackle. Texans moved the sticks again.
Speaker 2: That took us to the two minute warning. So right after the two minute warning, Darry got swallowed up from minus two. Digs got a pass for two yards. But now it's third and ten from the Houston forty five. You want to keep this thing going. There's no doubt about that. So what did CJ. Stroud do he looked up Daria Goombwalle. Here's the second part. It's eight b right here and a big one. Stroud to Darry for eleven. It gets a first down.
Speaker 3: Third down and ten from the Houston forty five split backs now digs in motion to the left CJ shotgun. Bill's showing blitz here they come on third and ten. Stroud quick throw left side.
Speaker 5: Who he's got do a forty five got the first down at the.
Speaker 3: Forty four yard lineup Buffalo Bedford with a stop, but not until Dary picks up eleven on the catch. Genrono Strouds found him for another big play.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get the number seven. And these are actually back to back plays. I an't remember the back to back, but I do remember the guy.
Speaker 1: That made these two plays.
Speaker 2: So we're setting this up in the beginning of the third quarter. The Texans actually had zero penalties in the first half and they were up twentyieth. It was one of those things where you're.
Speaker 1: Like, you now can see what this team could look like if you stop making penalties. Right, Well, what ad sexist dude.
Speaker 2: To start off the second half, Digs with a big catch for eighteen yards and then dal Schultz catches a pass for two yards and then he rolls the ball back. It was like he's bowling. Well, he got flight fifteen yards for taunting. It was like, oh, come on man. So sitting at second and twenty three, Oh boy man, we got a trudge uphill. We just got this penalty. It's a it's a dumb penalty. It was pretty dumb to be called. But either way, it's just not It's just not one that you really needed at that point.
Speaker 1: However, Xavier Hutchinson to the rescue.
Speaker 2: Back to back plays from hutch one on second in twenty three got twelve yards, one on third and eleven got nineteen. A little bit later, Kymie Fairbairn on this drive it ad forty seven yard fueld goal. But he doesn't hit that field goal without these back to back catches from x on second and then third.
Speaker 3: Down, second down and twenty three from the Houston thirty five yard line. Gotta get back to work, CJ and the gun throws the screen letside. Hutchinson looking for blockers forty breaks at tackle forty five and takes some contact as he takes out of the bows across the forty seven yard line, and he's down with some extra curricular in the Houston bench areas. Hamlin and friends are in there, but no flags thrown.
Speaker 6: And the fans want a late hit out of bounds penalty, and I don't know that they're all they're wrong.
Speaker 3: It's third down and eleven from the Houston forty seven yard line. Digs in motion to the right, CG in the gun, Dara to his right in the backfield.
Speaker 5: I'm third and long. Here's the snap.
Speaker 3: Stroud over the middle, got the man first down inside the thirty five yard line. X marks the spot and spot him b a first down at the Bill's thirty four.
Speaker 1: I like X marks the spot.
Speaker 2: Now, as Mark says with Rock and Roll, you can't say it all the time, but I like that every now and again, big play, Mark, you gotta go with that.
Speaker 1: Okay. The Bills taking a lead as we get to number six here three nothing.
Speaker 2: So the Texans really wanted to get something going on the following drive, and they would, but it didn't start so pretty. Dari got stuffed on the first down run and the CJ hit Kaid for about five yards. So they're looking at third and five, and the Bills, who don't blitz a lot, decided they.
Speaker 1: Were gonna at least simulate a blitz.
Speaker 2: So they showed six guys the line of scrimmage and they were playing cover one behind it. So on this play, Daria is lined up to the left of CJ. So the Texans blocking up front pass protection, essentially we're gonna gonna leave aj Appanessa and he's gonna have a free run. And so the thought is for Dara, he's got a couple of things he can do. He can either hit block Epinessa and you look for somebody else, or out to the flat where really no linebacker can get out there.
Speaker 1: Because that was the Bill's problem here.
Speaker 2: They were gonna try and cover Dari with trell Bernard was mugging in the A gaps and then he was gonna have to get out. Well, he couldn't get out, and as a result, Daria is wide open. CJ just had to flip it over Epinesa, the free rusher. Dari caught it, got a field twenty eight big yards for a first down, a big catalyst in this first touchdown scoring drive.
Speaker 1: It comes in number six.
Speaker 3: Five twenty to go in the first three. I think Bills Texans trying to stay on the field. Here with the offense looking at a third and five from the Houston thirty five yard line, digs in motion to the left one pack. It's Dara CJ and the gun the two receivers to his right. Third and five years the snap, he's a quick rush. I throw to the left side. First down, tare forty five fifty kind of good side forty five of the bindles in the forty before being brought down by a handlet at the thirty seven yard line.
Speaker 5: Big play to Dario good Bowal. What else is new?
Speaker 2: Texas offense had a little momentum at this point and they would continue it. After that catch by Dara, Time to get Nico Collins involved. Here's CJ to Niko for eleven. Yes, Nico went out of the game, but before he went out of the game, he made some big plays, including one you might hear a little bit later, but this one at number five. CJ hits Nico for eleven, which kept the train rolling on this touchdown drive.
Speaker 3: At the Bill's thirty seven yard line first and ten, backs shift into an eye cam acers in the game. CJ gets the snap fakes, the Gibs throws back the other way to the left to Nico breaks a tackle thirty and he's down inside the twenty six yard line, first down, catching roun Nico Collins, the NFL's leader in receiving yards.
Speaker 5: That's eleven yards and another first down.
Speaker 6: Just so strong that the first guy that gets there has no chance to get him on the turf.
Speaker 2: All right, as we get to number four, been doing and matchup for a long time in different forms and bringing up Ultimate eleven plays and things like that. And I don't know how often a five yard quarterback to running back pitch catch has ever been this high in the Ultimate eleven Maybe, I mean there might have.
Speaker 1: Been one along the way.
Speaker 2: But this one is gonna get number four status because of how important it was. After the Texans get to three and out stop at the end of the game and Robert Woods has that brilliant thirteen yard return. The Texans had the ball with seven seconds left at the Buffalo forty six, So from there it's probably a sixty three sixty four yard field goal for Kyomie Fairbear.
Speaker 1: Now can Kyomi make that? Sure?
Speaker 2: Would five extra yards help him? And making a fifty nine yarder. Absolutely so with all three timeouts, timeouts not really being the issue.
Speaker 1: It was just you could you steal four five yards? Well, the Bills were smart.
Speaker 2: The Bills did a really nice job on this play of really kind of clamping and locking.
Speaker 1: Up the receivers.
Speaker 2: Something that if you go back in the way back machine to twenty nineteen when the Texans played the Saints. The Texans had a one or two point lead, it came remember what it was, I think it was a one point lead at the time, and you knew the Saints were You knew it.
Speaker 1: You knew the Saints.
Speaker 2: We're gonna throw short to steal five yards and give Will LUTs an opportunity to.
Speaker 1: Game winning field goal.
Speaker 2: Everybody in the building knew that was what they were gonna do, except for Aaron Colvin, who backed off for some reason and.
Speaker 1: Let his receiver catch it for five yards.
Speaker 2: And it was the five yards Will LUTs needed to knocket home Texans lose the game. Well, the Bills weren't gonna make that mistake. Even though they probably made some mistakes in the last thirty seconds, throwing the ball three times from the end zone, this one they didn't so they locked up all the receivers. The only thing was Dara was really unaccounted for. So Daray just kind of leaked for and as CJ looked to his right, didn't find anything.
Speaker 1: Look back left. I'm thinking, oh my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, the clock is just ticking tick tick take tik tik tig. Oh God, just he hits Dara and Daria immediately goes down. I look up at the clock. Two seconds, bingo. Those are the five yards they needed. And because of that, it comes in at number four. CJ to Darry for five yards, but it was the five yards that Kymie Fairbairn needed to knock home the game winner.
Speaker 1: This from CJ to Dares number.
Speaker 3: Four, first down at the forty six yard line of Buffalo. Stroud gets the snap. Stroud looking to his right, he's using a lot of time, throws it over the middle down inside the forty one yard line.
Speaker 5: Timeout called two seconds to go. I have time to kick it right here. That was nifty.
Speaker 2: Good adjective right there, and nifty was exactly what that was. Okay, let's get to number three and the end of this touchdown drive is going to be the play that gets noticed and recognize number three.
Speaker 1: But it was everything the Texas did on this drive.
Speaker 2: Darre for twenty eight yards on third and five, Nico for eleven on a reception.
Speaker 1: Cam at eleven.
Speaker 2: Yard run, got the ball down in the fifteen yard line, and then the Texans ran just an absolute beautiful concept. It's a counterplay essentially, but the pullers were both the tight ends. How they kind of how they worked it out. Kate Stover went in motion and kicked out as a guard would on counter, kicked out the first thread on end and man a line of scrimmage. Then Dalton, as the fullback started right and then bent back left. He was the turn up on the counter. So you always have a kickout and a turn up, and that's exactly what it was. Cam took a counterstep, took it back, had all kinds of room. Great blocks from Stover, great block from Dalton. Excellent job by Laramie of just clearing out that side, just caving it in, just giving more room for the Bills to have to cover in more space at number three. Cam followed that all the way in the end zone. Fifteen yard touchdown gave the Texans a seven to three lead, and it is at number.
Speaker 3: Three bunch formation right now is shift into the eye. First down at the Buffalo fifteen, Stroud digs in Stover in motion to the left handoff Acres over the left side, ten to the outside, five to the ends.
Speaker 5: Cam Akers touchdown Houston.
Speaker 3: Fifteen yard run by cam Acres as the Texans take the lead on the Bills.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get to number two.
Speaker 2: And this is a melange, a menagerie, a collection, a collage, I don't care what you call it, uh, but it was a It was a big day for Stefan Diggs, so I thought we got to recognize Steph. He had a good ball game, six for eighty two, meant a lot tune to play the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 1: In the locker room, he was the last guy to come into the locker room, which is not surprising.
Speaker 2: And when he came into the locker room, man, I'm telling you, he was fired up, and he should have been.
Speaker 1: He had one hell of a performance. At number two. It's CJ. Stroud to Stefan Diggins.
Speaker 3: Third down and eight from the Houston twenty one stratting the gun one back.
Speaker 5: Here's the snap.
Speaker 3: CJ throwing left side, has a man thirty five for the thirty.
Speaker 5: Six Stefon Diggs. There's catch number one.
Speaker 3: Against his former squad, and then moves the sticks acres in the game.
Speaker 5: First down Texans.
Speaker 3: At the thirty eight yard loud of the Bills strauding the gun.
Speaker 5: Three receivers out to the wide side right.
Speaker 3: CIJ gets the snap, throwing the screen right side, and here's Diggs spin moved thirty twenty five down inside.
Speaker 5: That's twenty five yard line.
Speaker 3: Thirteen yards on a first down split backs first down at the Houston thirty now Acres in motion to the right of CJ's in the gun.
Speaker 5: Here's the snap. Here's the rush. CJ throwing over the middle hitch Diggs forty digs.
Speaker 3: Taking people with him forty five to the forty eight yard line. Lewis and Bishop went for a ride a Stefan Diggs picks up eighteen I formation after a shift, first down for the Houston twenty six yard line. CJ takes the handoff. There's pressure. CJ throwing and caught by Digs at the forty two wrestled down right sideline.
Speaker 6: I have no idea how CJ Stroud just completed that pass.
Speaker 5: I mean he got body on him.
Speaker 6: Nailed just in the ball and his arm didn't even go full motion to get it to Stefan Diggs. It's just kind of like a quarter of emotion as he's being hit and the guy's attacking his arm side. So how that pass was completed is beyond me. Can strad do it again out of the guy?
Speaker 3: In third and six from the Houston thirty four CJ gets the snap, CJ throwing over the middle and a cut by dig a catch by Diggs. He's got it sliding catch at the forty eight yard line.
Speaker 5: CJ may have taken a late hit as well.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: What a day for Diggs. I know they had to feel great.
Speaker 2: And I know a lot of people have pointed this out to talk about that meet up at the end of the game, and.
Speaker 1: I don't know whatever you want to call what that was.
Speaker 2: But the receivers for the Buffalo Bills had forty four had ninety three yards total. Keon Coleman had a forty nine. H I take that back, I'm sorry. That was James Cook was seventeen. Hollins had twenty seven. Keon Coleman had forty nine. That's seventy six plus.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: They had seventy six yards from the receivers. Vealdas Scantley had nothing, Samuel had nothing, Kinkaida thirty four, Cook had seventeen, and ray Davis had four.
Speaker 1: So you're talking about fifty one fifty five there.
Speaker 2: But the receivers had seventy six yards, steph had six for eighty two. So it was pretty clear that they may want to say it, may not want to say it, they don't want to admit it, but Stephan, the loss of Stefan Diggs was definitely felt on the Bill's side, and the positive impact of that was felt on the Texas side for sure. Okay, let's get to number one, and it's a little bit bittersweet, but we're gonna get an ego back.
Speaker 1: Hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: But he's been incredible, and right here, this play at number one, well you know it's the bomb Nico Collins from C. J. Stroud sixty seven yards out. These guys are him or however you would say it, but they're at number one and they all three eleven.
Speaker 3: First down Texans to begin this possession at the Houston thirty three, strad fakes the toss. He has time in the pocket. He's gonna gun it long, and Nico Collins says, there at the fifteen ten five rock and Roll touchdown, h.
Speaker 5: Town bomb from Stroud to Collins.
Speaker 6: I know someone would have a chance to come up with one. I thought it would be Tank Dale.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 6: It's mister consistency, mister leading the NFL and receiving yards.
Speaker 5: Neat go Collins. What a beautiful play as he faked the.
Speaker 3: Toss to his left and had enough time to get the ball off too. As you said, Dre, the NFL's leader in receiving yards and that number is not going to be hurting after today. Leads by over one hundred coming into the day's action.
Speaker 1: What a day, baby, what a day. Twenty three to twenty over the Bills.
Speaker 2: Great number one right there, and he had to go into ten after that long run and catch, and we missed him the rest of the day, but still leads the NFL in yards at least for now. He will lose that mantle because he'll probably be out for a week or two, hopefully not much more, but we'll get him back for at least the majority of the rest of the season, which would be nice.
Speaker 1: So we can look forward to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can also look forward by looking back at a tremendous Week five in the NFL. We'll hit some of the high points with the fastest three minutes in football next right here in Texans All Access Edition TEP and everybody, welcome back Texans All Access Matchup Edition, where we always look back while we look ahead. I'm your host, John Harris, football Analyst, sideline reporter, and we just looked back at ultimate eleven.
Speaker 1: Defense and special teams plays from the win over the Bills.
Speaker 2: We looked at the ultimate eleven offensive plays and moments against the Bills.
Speaker 1: And now we look back at Week five in the NFL, and what a week it was with the fastest three minutes in radio.
Speaker 2: Which might extend five minutes this time, but that's okay because we have plenty of breakdown. So let's get into it. Week five in the NFL. Give me some music and let's rock Thursday Night's game. If you I mean we talked about a little bit. Falcons Buccaneers went the overtime Kadero Hodge, Prairie View A and m you go PV scores on a catch and run gives the Falcons a thirty six to thirty win that moves both teams to three and two, tied atop the NFC South. Kirk Cousins went absolutely berserk forty two fifty eight for five one hundred and nine yards and four touchdowns.
Speaker 1: He was amazing.
Speaker 2: Baker Mayfield three for three touchdowns as well, but it was a fumbleboy Bucky Irving that cost them points late in the game, and the Falcons come up with thirty six to thirty win. The Vikings knock off the Jets twenty three to seventeen.
Speaker 1: It drops the Jets two and three, and really the story of.
Speaker 2: This game was Andrew Van Ginkel's interception. Part one, Part two. The loss has cost Robert Sala his job with the New York Jets.
Speaker 1: He has fired on Tuesday morning.
Speaker 2: So the Vikings beat the Jets, and the Jets fire their head coach, Robert Salid. Jeff Aubrik, the defensive coordinator, will take over at that point.
Speaker 1: Man. The Ravens and Bengals played a gem, a beauty. It was unbelievable football.
Speaker 2: They combined for third twenty one points in the fourth quarter, but it was a Derrick Henry big run that got the Ravens down in field goal range after Monny McPherson had missed a field goal attempt to win it overtime for the Bengals.
Speaker 1: Henry has the long run. Tucker hits the chip shot.
Speaker 2: Ravens win forty one thirty eight and don't look now, but the formerly zero to two Ravens are now three and two and the Bengals fall to one and fourth. The Jaguars and Colts played one holy smokes. Trevor Lawrence was unbelievable twenty eight to thirty four, three hundred and seventy one yards, two touchdowns. Tank Bigsby won off thirteen carries, one hundred and one yards two touchdowns, probably gonna get the angry run Scepter and Brian Thomas, the rookie had five receptions for one hundred and twenty two yards and a touchdown. Alex Pierce went nuts three receptions, a sixty five yard touchdown that.
Speaker 1: Tied the game late in the fourth quarter, so he.
Speaker 2: Total one hundred and thirty four yards and that touchdown, and Joe Flacco threw three touchdowns, but the Jaggs did enough on the final drive to get Cam Little, the rookie close enough for a forty.
Speaker 1: Nine yard field goals. He nailed it.
Speaker 2: Jags win thirty seven to thirty four, moves the Jaguars to one and four on the season. The Colts fall to two and three, so as it stands Texans four and one. Second place is two and three the Colts and the Texas already beaten the Colts.
Speaker 1: Jags are in fourth place. The Titans are one and.
Speaker 2: Three, but they had a buye and the Jaguars finally got off to schnide one and four. Now the Jaguars go off to London, will play the Bears over in London, and they'll probably win both those games they have in London and come back three and four.
Speaker 1: This is just what the Jaguars do.
Speaker 2: The Dolphins beat up on the next opponent for the Texans, the New England Patriots. The Patriots had a ten three lead but in the third quarter, but the Dolphins came back. A couple of Jason Sanders field goals and alec Ingold three yard run gave them a fifteen to ten win. This game was not pretty, but snoop un Lee doesn't enough for the Dolphins to get the win.
Speaker 1: Miami mos two and three. New England now four losses in a row.
Speaker 2: After beating the Bengals in the opener, the Commanders jumped all over the Browns thirty four to thirteen. Jaydon Daniels was the quarterback that stood out two hundred and thirty eight yards through the air. Jael Watson was less than fifty percent and one hundred and twenty five yards through the air.
Speaker 1: It's not going well. In Cleveland.
Speaker 2: The Bears jumped all over the Panthers, their twenty twenty three trade partners.
Speaker 1: The Caroline Panthers fall to one to four.
Speaker 2: Chicago scores thirty six three tutties in the second quarter and they went off Roshawn Johnson is starting to get a little bit more time, and I'd like that for the Bears.
Speaker 1: But Caleb threw for over three hundred.
Speaker 2: DJ Moore head over one hundred, and it was ugly for the Panthers in Chicago, and it was ugly for the Raiders in Denver.
Speaker 1: Denver Broncos win thirty four eighteen.
Speaker 2: Patrick Sertan the second ran back one hundred yard interception return as the Raiders were going to score.
Speaker 1: That turned the game from ten to three.
Speaker 2: Las Vegas intead of being seventeen to three Las Vegas. It was ten to ten and then the Broncos went nuts. Bo Nicks has played well. I'll give him credit. Two to six yards, two touchdowns. Broncos get to win. Cardinals upset the Niners. Packers do everything they can to give away the game of the Rams, but hang on.
Speaker 1: Twenty four nineteen.
Speaker 2: Giants block a Fueld goal late to seal it against the Seahawks out in Seattle.
Speaker 1: With a big win.
Speaker 2: Dak throws a fourth down touchdown completion to Jalen Tolbert and the Chiefs jumped all over. The Saints had no chance on Monday night. And that is Week five, and that is your show. Appreciate you guys listening. We'll see you next time, hopefully looking back on a win over the.
Speaker 1: New England Patriots. We'll see that everybody, and as always, go Texans,