Speaker 1: What's up, gorgeous, it's Lala Kent with Randal and you're listening to give them Laala with Randal.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was special intro.
Speaker 1: Well, I did it like that because we have a really amazing guest today who you know how you say that you're you have like a radio voice, like you have a face for radio.
Speaker 2: I say that our guest when you say it's insulting.
Speaker 1: Our guest has a face for television and a voice for radio.
Speaker 2: No, that's a win.
Speaker 1: That's a win, double wham.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And by the way, I agree with you because I've heard her podcast and she crushes and she's got that voice that if I didn't know her, I think she's got a face for radio. But she's got the face am the voice. So you're right.
Speaker 1: And the last time I did her podcast, I felt like I was being interviewed by Oprah.
Speaker 3: Wow, I really did. And I told her that I was like, why am I sweating? And I feel like you just are like.
Speaker 1: The end all be all of every interview ever.
Speaker 2: I think that's very impressive that you give her that credibility. I got to say that I heard her podcast and I was I didn't know what to expect going in, and she crushes it. She really is prepared. She has really interesting guests that like have a lot to say, like you know, on different platforms, not just like entertainment and reality, she intes. She invites really like a relevant, you know, guests that we're.
Speaker 1: And it's like it's fun guests who also are very much like they They have strong opinions, they have beautiful minds, and it's like there, it's interesting to listen to. So we're talking about my bff, motherfucking Katie Maloney.
Speaker 3: Yes, so we're gonna.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna have her on right after the break. Yes, And want I want to tell you something, So you know that my favorite game on the podcast has become trivia. I have prepared one of the greatest vander Pump trivia games this episode. Really, yeah, because it's you against Katie. I mean, Katie's been on the show longer than.
Speaker 3: You, right, but you both nine years.
Speaker 2: Right, and you've been on the show that you are six years Ye, so you're only a few years shy. But I still expect you to know everything. Oh god, yeah, I expect you to win. So yeah, if you lose, I'm going to be really disappointed. Okay, but I have a feeling Katie's going to come in strong in this game, so we'll see what happens. But that's the game today. It's know your vander Pump.
Speaker 1: Wow, No, you're vander Pump.
Speaker 3: I dig it.
Speaker 1: So before we have her on, I just want to say I woke up this morning feeling like P Diddy and how does p Diddy? Was ready to hit the city anyway, that's a Kesha song. But I woke up and I was like, today, I'm going to start my day off with a Heineken zero So wow, Yeah, that's how great I felt. It was like I woke up birds chirping, started my day with my baby on the boob, and a little bit of Real Housewives of New York, because what is the day without Real Housewives of New York?
Speaker 2: Randall, I'm working on my quiz. I was just leaving my quiz.
Speaker 3: Can you work on your quiz after?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're coming off of Memorial Day. Yes, I had the best day.
Speaker 2: Ever, so did I. First of all, I want to say about Mortal Day, I want to just give thanks to the troops that serve our country and that have given their life for our country. I want to thank the men and women that serve in our armed forces.
Speaker 1: I do want to say that you took the words right out of my mouth. One hundred percent agree you. Your father was in the military, Yes, both of my grandparents.
Speaker 3: Yep, so amen to what you just said.
Speaker 1: I hope everybody also had a great Memorial Day and came together and had a great time celebrated but was also safe. So we had Jackson, Britt Bowen stas Katie and Schwartzy.
Speaker 3: It was the best day ever.
Speaker 1: And you know, even though vander Pump Rules is very much real life, right, it was so amazing to have like just our group back together because even though yes we are a family, anybody that's in the vander Pump universe on the show.
Speaker 3: There's not like.
Speaker 1: We had the core group back in action, and it was amazing and there was like no vander talk, which you know, when you're filming a show, you can sometimes be heavy on the vander talk. And it's like for me to maintain sanity, and I think for a lot of people that film reality TV, you have to be able to separate the two or else you're gonna go insane.
Speaker 2: Meaning when you're done filming your day and going through all the drama that you guys go through, sometimes it's nice to just come home and talk about.
Speaker 1: Nothing because let's just say, like, all of these things happen in real life and you're arguing, but then you make up.
Speaker 3: Well, guess what.
Speaker 1: When there's cameras around, it's like you're opening yourself up to have to relive it, and you're also opening yourself up to other people weighing in on how you reacted. Right, that's a lot of stress and pressure. Correct, So I have to be able to say, Okay, you freaked out tonight. If cameras weren't around, it would be no big deal. But cameras were around, so you.
Speaker 2: Find I mean, like if you had a fight and there's no cameras, just one person saw it, you have to fight tonight. Now the whole world season.
Speaker 3: The whole world sees it.
Speaker 1: You. You have other people weighing in on like you're a bitch whatever, and you're like, ah, shit, Like it's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of pressure, and it also probably makes you I mean, I don't know because I don't I don't do what you do, but I know that it probably affects you on a law I mean, I know because I see you at home. It definitely affects your long term. You know, you think about things more, you obsess over things more, and sometidys you regret things even more that you've said.
Speaker 1: So of course, yeah, so the silver lining for me always has to be La.
Speaker 3: La, you made great to eat tonight.
Speaker 1: Otherwise you'll drive yourself insane beating yourself up over every single thing that you've done. Anyway, going back full circle to why I started this conversation was there was little vander talk because our best friends are you know, no longer on the show.
Speaker 3: But it was like a baby fest. It was so cute.
Speaker 1: Hartford looked like she wanted to eat Ocean like they bonded yesterday. It was the most adorable thing. You know, Ocean's eyes are still adjusting to like, ooh the world, like where am I? Whereas Hartford, you know, she's going to be five months, so she's like.
Speaker 2: She's already seeing most everything.
Speaker 1: Oh No. She looked at Ocean and was like, you're a baby. I'm a baby. Let's do the damn thing. You're my best friend.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: That happened yesterday, Yeah I did.
Speaker 1: Where was I pick You were pickleball in your ass off?
Speaker 2: Yeah I was. But that's amazing that that happened. And then you didn't even tell me that till right now.
Speaker 1: Well you were hard to like when you are in your poker zone. Pickleball, And now what is that thing called ping pong?
Speaker 2: Okay, pig pong?
Speaker 1: The piece you love A good key I only like.
Speaker 2: But the ping pong's in the office, so it's like it's an extension of pickleball. But I only do that when I'm in the office when I need like a stress break.
Speaker 1: Well, now that my office is in your office and I try to get your attention and you're like, I need support right now, it's like very frustrating, but it's okay. I work it out. I work it out emotionally, I'm good. I'm like, he just needs to like get hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you a ball.
Speaker 3: Poker and ping pong are your passions.
Speaker 2: But I want to tell you something You've got to remember. Though you scrolled in the office today at twelve thirty. I scrolled in the office at eight thirty, so I've already had three four hours of intense conversation, negotiations.
Speaker 1: So just I had an intense day at all, like I don't have a new baby. On the boo at way two hours, I don't have a baby, say the first from call it, I did it?
Speaker 2: Wait we have a baby? That stuff was like not you, we but I want to say baby.
Speaker 1: Hold up, hold up? Can we just talk about yesterday real quick? Because Randal sees ocean, I finally get her calm down. She's in her little bouncer. She's listening to a whole lot of money by Bia. She's fucking kicking it and vibing, and randall decize it, that's the perfect time to go and pick her up.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, stop, you're not telling the whole story version.
Speaker 1: There's no other version if you.
Speaker 2: Let me talk, all right. I walked over. Everybody was grooving at the to the party. They were in their zone, and my little baby was there and I'd come off the pick a ball court and I saw my child and she just looked at me with her eyes that I melt into and I was like, I need to hold my baby. And she was basically trying to tell me, please pick me up, pick me up. So I picked her up. We went out by the pool, we laid down. Everything was great. It lasted about two and a half to three minutes, and then.
Speaker 1: Dress work SVA diva baby stepped in and what does Randall do? Comes over to me and hands her back and says, here you go, babe.
Speaker 2: That's all what I said. Second, you're so good.
Speaker 1: I think those words entered your mind but never came out of your mouth.
Speaker 2: You know. I want to just say something. Everybody has their strengths and weeks. It's okay. I take good baths with her, I could swim with her. I cuddle her when she's not screaming. And I just want to tell you something. I did get her to calm down twice the other day. I remember you were impressed.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was very impressed.
Speaker 2: But I want you to remember something. As our daughter grows and wants to go on fourteen thousand rides in ninety three degree heat at Disneyland Disney World, I Captain Disney will be there. And when you say, babe, I need a break, I need to sit in here conditionally relax. I just want you to know that I will always have your back, so just remember I might not be the best at calming arcolicy, beautiful child down who.
Speaker 1: By the way, is only just shy of three months. You don't have to sell me rand.
Speaker 2: Because you tell me I'm awesome.
Speaker 1: You okay, So you don't have to tell me that, because can I tell you something And I have said this to many people. You you really hooked me. You hooked me quick when we first met. But you really hooked me when I saw you the first night that we spent together and I was in bed still it was morning time. You stepped into the other room to talk to your daughter, London, who was six at the time, and you were on the phone with her, and she must have been talking about a kid who was bullying her at school, and you said, and I could hear you better tell that kid to be nice to you, or your dad's gonna come and squash him like a bug.
Speaker 3: So you don't have to sell me on the fact.
Speaker 1: That you are a great father, because I know that's why I used to the real hook No, and that means I'm just teasing you.
Speaker 2: Listen. What I'm saying is I just want to say this. You are an amazing mother. I'm very lucky to have you. You crush it daily, hourly and when I say I have to come to work at a thirty and grind, all I'm saying is sometimes by noon, Not that you haven't done your job. By the way, you were up at six am with Ocean feeding, bathing her, feeding her, changing her divers so not taking away that is a full time job. What I'm saying is by noon. I was just trying to express that sometimes by noon the stress that I have in the office, the ping pong is a release.
Speaker 3: I totally that's all.
Speaker 1: I will always bust your balls, It'll never stop. But you know that I am beyond grateful for the life that you've provided.
Speaker 2: And I want to say when I know you are, and I want to say one last thing that's important. I was by no means because you know how I feel and how appreciative I am of you as a mother in the work that you do, because you work full time and you're a mother full time and it's amazing. What I want to say is, I'm very proud that you wake up every morning and just are in it to win it with Ocean, and I give you a lot of prots because you the patience that you have.
Speaker 1: That I've gained because of it because I didn't have patience before.
Speaker 2: That's true, you had no patience, but no and the love that you give her every hour, every minute. And by the way, a lot of mothers would say, oh, you know, that's just part of being a parent. But you know, when you sit there and you watch your partner who's on calls and doing interviews and selling, you know, makeup, and in between breastfeeding and then you know, babing her baby, it's it's just it's it's very It makes you very proud to be your partner.
Speaker 1: Thank you, my love. Now that this has turned into we're going to toot each other's horns with Laala and Randall, that's the new podcast name.
Speaker 2: All right, I think we got to go to a break so we can come back and we have a lot of time with Katie because she's so fun and your best friend.
Speaker 1: I know, I can't wait. So when we come back, we got Katie Maloney. We are back. In case you missed it and you've been living under a rock. This is the Give Them La La with Randall a pod and our guest today is Katie Maloney. What's up, Bestie?
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm so excited to have you.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 4: I'm back, come back back, You're back.
Speaker 1: How you feeling I'm feeling good.
Speaker 4: I wish I could say I'm rested, but I'm not.
Speaker 3: You're not.
Speaker 4: No, No, Why I have this thing where I like to wake up at four o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 3: You should have a baby. That would be like the perfect time. Good watch.
Speaker 1: Once you do have a baby, you're gonna be like, why am I sleeping like a baby? And I can sleep until noon, but I have to be up now.
Speaker 2: You know what. Sometimes I wake up like this morning, I did wake up at four thirty, and I was mad it was four thirty because when the light's not up, then I'm just pissed, right, So then I was like I have to mentally get myself back to sleep, which I did, but it's not easy.
Speaker 1: Wait, is Schwartzy's still waking up at four as well? Like are you guys still in that powtern?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: He was just like, sound asleep, sound asleep.
Speaker 4: I was so upset.
Speaker 1: I tried.
Speaker 4: I laid there, I did like the whole like what do they call it? Block breathing? I try to go back to sleep, but nope, I was like, to.
Speaker 2: Take anything before you go to bed.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I will, but then sometimes I don't want to because I'll wake up with like a like a hang over from it, and I'm really really groggy, and the whole day I'm just like on like a slug totally.
Speaker 3: I get that same way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I didn't want to, but I probably should have because I was really just wiped out, because like this past week felt like such a marathon. My body just like really really went through it.
Speaker 1: I felt like, well, I mean, we're back filming, and that's emotionally taxing on your soul.
Speaker 2: Now, by the way, you guys are filming again. I don't know if everybody knows that, but you are. How is it from a year in pandemic to full time cameras, a NonStop you know action. Is it more exhausting? Is it more exhausting this season only because you've been on the sideline for a year, or is it the same and you're right back at it? Like, how does it feel?
Speaker 4: It's definitely more exhausting, like being just kind of low key going to bed at like nine, chilling out. My stamina is gone, right, I feel like I'm trying I'm trying to like slowly work it up and you know, yeah, at least staying up late and doing something every day. It's been that's been the hardest for I don't know, I feel like just kind of staying just being busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you guys speak as lot, you guys. I mean, you guys have had a year where you didn't discuss the show, you didn't do I mean, everybody were all in lockdown. All of our lives were thrown upside down, and now boom, camera's back on and you're right back where you left off. It's got to be it's got to be exhausting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you How do you feel did the Because I know the pandemic affected everybody differently, someone like me. I really loved being in lockdown because it was the first time ever that my mind was calm, you know, because it's like you could say no because everyone was saying no. It's like we literally can't go anywhere or do anything, especially the first little bit when it was like people were trying to figure out before the Zoom thing became a really big like well that's how we'll just live life is through Zoom. So the first little bit. I was like, this is awesome. I'm finally calm and I can just stay home and not feel guilty.
Speaker 3: Like, how did it affect you?
Speaker 4: Loved it? I'm such a homebody. I love love being at home. So I feel like I was thriving. I was like I was built for this. I was built for this. Stay at home all the time, don't have to go anywhere. Yeah, Like I was always trying to find ways to say no to things, and I didn't have to worry about that.
Speaker 2: And how did I do it?
Speaker 3: Randall wanted to claw his eyes out.
Speaker 4: I feel like y'all were y'all were gone usually most of the time. You know, you were you were here, but you were gone, you know, in Miami or.
Speaker 2: Here you did you know, we did travel a lot because I'm I was working on the movies, and we did End of Puerto Rico for a month in Miami and Palm Springs and different places.
Speaker 4: But but I mean, you guys were here. But I mean like, typically outside of the pandemic, you guys had a very go, go go life. So I feel like it was a harder adjustment for you all than anyone else. It was you had you had to write days.
Speaker 2: Lalla loves to be at home.
Speaker 1: For me, I was like, we can't go anywhere, Randall, We're in a pandemic.
Speaker 2: Once I got the movie back up and they were letting us go film under very strict protocols, I was, I was okay, it was a different world, and it was and it was still pandemic. But but the first four months, you know, for me, it wasn't even being at home that was so shocking and rattling. It was the first four months of like how am I going to make a living? And when is it going to end?
Speaker 4: It was the unknown. It was a little hard.
Speaker 2: It was hard.
Speaker 4: I think that was hard for everyone because you know, I was fine with it all, but it was kind of like, can we just know how long this is going to be? Is it going to be six months? Fine? Is it going to be a year?
Speaker 1: Fine?
Speaker 4: Like just like knowing or not knowing was a little bit of a I'm kind of a control freak just when I should be wrong like that. I just want to know when I need to be ready.
Speaker 2: And I'm by the way, get Pedicrey for I'm being serious. I think you hit it on the head. I think for me, it was those four months or five months, And yes, it was a very hard year financially for us and for everybody around the world. It was hard. It was hard for for all of us. I think the hardest part for me mentally get the financial you know, toughness that it presented from my company and for all of us, was that first four months. I just never none of us had ever been you can't. I couldn't call my parents and say, remember in nineteen fifty two, what was this? Like, nobody had an answer. Now they were When I talked to my mom and dad, they were scared, like my friends were scared. Like everybody played like it We're going to get through it, but everybody was petrified and not knowing there was an end, not knowing there would ever be a vaccine, not knowing there was a whole world gonna you know, you know, collapse even farther, and I just was so I think mentally worried, and it was traumatic. I think for all of us.
Speaker 4: In fact, that it was global too. It's not like we could just correct correct piece out to like another country like it was global. I mean, it was like and it was. It was a global freak out.
Speaker 2: And then the images on TV of seeing like in Italy where they're locked in their homes and and and tens of thousands.
Speaker 3: It just gave me chills.
Speaker 4: You saying that, you know, home everywhere just.
Speaker 2: And there was nothing positive and there was no hope in sight those first four to five months. And then after five months, you know, certain numbers in certain places started to look optimistic and you'd go, oh, okay, that country is doing better, and that means we're going to start doing better. And it was just like you would you would hold on to this little hope in different places, and then of course it would go right back to ship and you'd be like, you know, so it was just this for me. You know, yes I'm a go go go, but I also can you know, be home with family and really thrive in that. I just didn't like not knowing am I gonna be able to ever work again or make money again? Because that was scary.
Speaker 1: That's the other part, because I don't want to come across as insensitive because there were people that people.
Speaker 4: Lost their livelihoods, they lost their their businesses, right, they lost everything. So I don't want to negate that there was people lost more and them you know, and I can only speak of my own experience, right obviously.
Speaker 3: You know, we went into lockdown.
Speaker 1: Remember we were about to head out to Mexico for my bachelorette party. So I had my closest friends fly in and they were at my house. My mom was at my house. You know, there were people that in let's just say strictly lock down, that they couldn't see their families that were in other places for a year.
Speaker 2: I have friends that didn't see their parents for a year and a half.
Speaker 1: Right, So I definitely don't want to say, like, I don't know why Eddie Wood didn't thrive. I'm just saying, like you in our own you know, state that in our bubble that I also enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: But I mean, I just I didn't mind not being able to leave my house. But I mean, I'm not saying that it wasn't like a horrific GIF.
Speaker 2: No, it was, by the way. By the way, now that I go out and I see a lot of the world thriving and the numbers down and the vaccine really making its way through, I will say that I have such comfort and relief to see people living again. And you know, when I go to Miami and I take my parents to dinner. It's like before they wouldn't leave the house. I mean I literally would get I would, I would go, you know, I would sit you know, outside fifteen feet away from them. You know, we'd have like a dinner. And I was lucky that I was able to go see them because a lot of people couldn't. But you know, I think that this pandemic taught at least taught me a lot about appreciation. Like I said to me, Yeah, I said to myself when it first hit and we were driving on the freeway and there was not a single car, like two cars, and I said to law, I was like, I will never complaining of the traffic again, never never. You'll never hear I don't care yet sucks, but I will rather see four thousand bumper to bumper than not see people.
Speaker 4: And you know, yeah, I think a lot of people, you know, because there was so much loss happening, lives and just livelihood that I think everyone is that definitely appreciates what we have, everything, everything, their health, mm hmmm, anything.
Speaker 2: I think he so much more grateful for. And I think I leave it at this. I think health for me that I made it through that my family made it through, but I had a lot of friends that didn't make it through. I have a lot of friends that have a lot of effects from COVID and friends that lost their lives. I think now appreciation goes in health to the highest level for me one hundred and then and then and then businesses. Watching people that had little businesses for twenty years gone in months, you know, and that's that was heartbreaking, the sea.
Speaker 4: Soul sad driving around and just seeing just for lease signs on all these businesses, you know, that just gone.
Speaker 1: I think Lisa was saying that there were over like one hundred thousand restaurants that just like did not make it through, and how grateful she was that, you know, she still has pump Tom. Tom made it through, Sir made it through, which is you know, a huge, a huge deal because I know that for a while she was like, what are we going to do that?
Speaker 3: Tom's worried.
Speaker 4: I think everyone was worried. Yeah, no one knew because we did not know when it was going to be opened, So there was a big if on everything.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, I want to say one thing, the food, the restaurant industry, the hospitality business, because they have a lot of friends in that in Florida and New York and here they they are the most devastated. I mean a lot of business we're devastated. But they say that that's one of the ones that will take the longest to recover. Like a lot of like hotel and airline is coming back very quickly at big numbers. But they the hospitality business, they say, well, will come back, but they say, we'll take years. And some of the businesses, the smaller ones, will never come back. And I think that's the heartbreaking part of what happened during this pandemic, that a lot of businesses will never you know, will never see them again.
Speaker 1: Right. So, now that we're back, Katie, and you said your stamina is definitely lowed, it's yeah.
Speaker 3: And I know how the drill goes.
Speaker 1: How we don't spill too much tea, but like, do how do you feel emotionally without giving away storylines, how do you feel vander Pump Season nine is going.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean without giving anything.
Speaker 1: From a viewer, first, I think perspective. If I was a viewer and I said, like, how you know, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's the same as every year I always going in, always going in being like, you know, how are we going to make it better than the year before? Like what are we going to do? You know, we're always we always want to go in and make it the best season possible, and we're always like, how are we going to make it, you know, better than the year before? And I feel like we always bring it, you know, we always manage. You know, it always just happens. It always just happens because we all really care, you know, we all have just led out for this show. So I don't know, I feel really good about it. I mean, obviously it's going to be different or you know, missing people that have been on from the beginning, so it's not only can they can't not to be different and look different and feel different. But you know, I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm feeling life. Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good too.
Speaker 1: And like in when we would do interviews and things like that, I'm sure you get asked the same question like what can we expect from this season?
Speaker 3: And this was the first year that I was like, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: But then we going, you know, first week, and I feel like I got hit by a bus because I was like, holy shit, we like are we're maybe we're back?
Speaker 3: Like this is crazy.
Speaker 1: Not only do we not have core people not returning, but they were like really fucking heavy hitters. They knew how to feel and express, which is what reality television is all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let me say this. The one thing I was never worried. And I told you this the whole time. Your show is you know, just it's iconic, it's classic. It's got all the drama and then some. And for you guys to even have any worry, I think when you put your group together for some reason, it's like lightning in a bottle, and you guys just you know, you know each other for a long time. And I think that from an outsider, you know, somebody who looks in and sees the whole thing and watches and I think that is just one of those things nine years that that's not that's not a mistake, Like that is magic in a bottle, lightning a bottle, whatever you call it. And I think that you guys, when you jump back in and you all had your anxiety, that that's under that's normal. But for an audience, I think we all show up because it's you, guys, and you do it, and you do it the way you do it, and whatever happens each season, you've you've entertained us for for nine years or eight years, and this year and nine. So I don't think. I don't think you guys are going anywhere. I think we're all here to watch.
Speaker 1: Okay, well before we or break, before we cut to a break and talk about all things.
Speaker 3: Katie Maloney, I want.
Speaker 1: To know because you know, we you know, we're girls, and before we have to go film. You know, Katie and I always text each other like what are you gonna way tonight? Katie's response is always the same, and then you know, she says, I don't know what I want to wear. I don't feel cute in anything, which you know. Then she shows up looking chic as fuck. You look so chic this season. Things, the hair, the look like. I don't understand this. It needs to be a regular thing for you. You always look cool, though you always look cool, But for someone being like I have nothing to wear and then you show up looking bomb, I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: Doesn't everyone say that though I have nothing to wear, that's just but that's how I feel I think part of it's also like because I have literally worn the same uniform of like stretchy, soft clothes for the past year, so it's like, you know, I feel like I'm not burnt out on everything. I'm not tired of anything. I haven't worn anything, So I'm looking at my closet with fresh eyes, you know. So maybe maybe that's part of it.
Speaker 3: I don't, Okay, that could be.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling a little more inspired and a little more adventurous with my clothing.
Speaker 1: It's so good, especially with the haircut.
Speaker 3: Did you remember how to put makeup on?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think that's that's just something in me.
Speaker 3: Okay, I feel sad.
Speaker 1: I forgot For a sec I was like, what do I do with these lashes? Like how do I even put them on my eyeball?
Speaker 4: But oh okay, I would even post and give them la la all lockdown long?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you give them laala? Beauty thrived in the lockdown? Like when Randall was worried about his business, I was like, we got this, babe.
Speaker 2: That is true. She was. She was on fire, and I was sitting on the sidelines figuring out how to get our movie industry back to work. But you're right. You were. You were in there selling and crushing. I was really proud of you.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you.
Speaker 1: We're going to cut to the brake and then we are back with Katie Maloney and I can't wait to talk about what you got going on.
Speaker 3: Girl. All right, we're back. We're with Katie Maloney.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: She's like my VFF.
Speaker 1: So I just feel like we're like talking and then I look and I'm like, what does this microphone do?
Speaker 2: Let me let me talk from an interviewer point of view over here. Okay, I mean it's it's like two girls at lunch, all right, because all of us want to hear some shit. So, Katie, so I know you have a new podcast. What episode are you on? And also what drove you to start one before?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I we also before the podcast, you just celebrated.
Speaker 4: A million a million downloads.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: I did not mean to cut you off, but I just wanted to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Say, that is a huge accomplishment, and so I am that deserves a beat. Actually, let's take a moment for a million downloads. Now, that's huge, Katie. So how many episodes in? And also what I what excites me to hear like the story is like, what you woke up one day and why a podcast? Because you obviously have other things going on, a lot of business. No, just but but why, but why did you wake up and say I want to start a podcast?
Speaker 4: It is It's something I've been thinking about for a long time. But you know, I'm one of those people that will I'm very risk adverse. I'm scared of doing things. I'm scared of failing at things. So yeah, so I've been thinking about it for a long time and wanted to, you know, really kind of flush out what it was going to be. I wanted to come up with something, you know, like I didn't want to just get on a microphone and bullshit and just like, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: How did you come up with your concept of kind of where you wanted the show to feel or what about or you know, did you just approssive elimination or you had something specific? How did you get there?
Speaker 4: I'm kind of there was a friend of mine name Jessica, and I was going to do a podcast with her, and she had this great idea and so it didn't work out, but it kind of like sort of like took a little bit of that idea and sort of like changed.
Speaker 3: It up a little.
Speaker 4: It was going to be something totally different, but it kind of like took a little bit of that and just sort of like, well.
Speaker 1: You took the Katie piece of it and took it as your own. Yeah, Katie, but so you morphed it into that and then.
Speaker 4: Put put put more of me into it.
Speaker 2: And do you and do you like? I mean, when you do it, do you love it now?
Speaker 4: I mean I love it. I was so scared of it at first, and I so I I did a bunch of I recorded a bunch of episodes before I launched it, so I had a bunch of, you know, time to think about whether or not people were going to like it or hate it, so that you know, people love it, you know, you know what that was going to do in my mind. But yeah, I wanted to I wanted to talk to not just other people in reality TV, but you know, my idea for every episode was to make people, you know, really fall in love with people, whether they knew them, whether they hated them, whether they had any kind of idea of who they were, just to have a conversation that was not like a conversation that you were expecting to have or you know, any would have a preconceived notion or a notion or idea, but just you know, I'm always curious about who people were when they were younger, in high school. I think that's always like an interesting place to start from because I don't know, it's really like how they happen in years, you know, and.
Speaker 2: How they became who they are today shapes us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what people are scared of, you know, what people you know, what their fears are, what they regret, you know, those things are always really interesting. Those things are what makes someone human, and those are things that we can relate to on that kind of human level. I like to like humanize people, you know, in my eyes and everyone else's eyes, because I think sometimes it is it is very primitive of us to judge people. It's kind of like what we do to protect ourselves as a safety measure.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: So when you can humanize someone, you can you know, understand them on another deeper level, right, and it's like, you know, if you love them or if you like them so right.
Speaker 1: Is that kind of where the name came from because the podcast is You're Gonna Love Me with Katie maloney.
Speaker 4: That's exactly where you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you, because we've spoken and you've always said, like the show is really the only thing that people have to say, Oh yeah, I know quote unquote Katie or I know La La, I know Stacy. So this was like really your way of showing who you are when cameras are turned off on the show.
Speaker 4: I have been someone who's been a mean girl or a bully or a bitch or you know, I've I've I've been very kind of put in a box. And so yeah, to have something outside the show where people can get to know me, you can hear me, have you know, conversations with other people and get to understand, you know, get to do all the sides of me, right, you know, I'm we we we're more than one. We're not one dimensional that we kind of can come across on the show. And that's that's fine. It's fun, it's entertaining, of course, you know, it's whatever. But yeah, so it's also like you're gonna love me, so yeah, but to also talk to like all kinds of people, you know, I like to have conversations with people who challenge, to challenge my opinions on things, who have me as a person, So you know, being able to have those kinds of conversations will definitely allow people to get to know like who I am beyond just talking to Lala or stas here fighting with Tom on the show, and that's what I really wanted.
Speaker 2: To showcase on my pocket.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think you do a great job, because I was telling Randall that I felt like I was being interviewed by.
Speaker 4: Oprah because it's such a compliment.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean it.
Speaker 4: I mean I do take like that sort of like journalistic interview approach to it.
Speaker 3: You kill it.
Speaker 4: I like to spend a lot of time prepping I've read. If someone's got a book, I'll read it if you know.
Speaker 1: You really put in the work, which is amazing and you should be very proud, which I know you are. When I did your podcast, I like started sweating because I was like, oh, oh, we're going there, like we're going that. I mean, we spoke about when I was bullied as a child, and this was like pre give them Lala the book, and I really never opened up about things like that, and you took me there, which I enjoy and I like hearing how people started because like you said, it's the formative years they get to people to where they are today. I think you do an impeccable job. So you hitting a million downloads. I was like, even though it's huge, I was not shocked by it.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you, I know that's I was. I was shocked by it because it's it started last August, so oh wow, closing in on a year. But you know that how many how.
Speaker 2: Many episodes in the year? You did fifty like every week, every week, two weeks. So what I'm fifty two episodes?
Speaker 4: Basically, well, it's not until August.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you're only your nine months I spend on you. You're just ten months in. Yes, that's great, that's huge.
Speaker 1: And she also has her merch, which by the way, makes a heavy appearance on Banner Pump. It was the craziest thing. I got my merch and then like Sheena showed up in it. The next stay, Tom Sandoval was in it. Then I heard Ariano was in it. Just so I'm looking at this sweat and I'm like, I can't wear it right now. Everyone's warned it, like should we give it a break? Maybe for a second.
Speaker 4: I feel like I joke that I'm like the you know how like in NASCAR, they like all like everyone's wearing like their you know sponsors. I'm like the Wonderbread. Yeah, they're like my like Little F one formula or racers.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, your merch is the Wonderbread of vander Pump.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah. I think some people don't understand that it's merched for my podcast, and they think I just came out with the clothing line.
Speaker 1: Notes it's for my podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I says you're gonna love me on it.
Speaker 1: But I think that's what I love about it is that even people that don't, if they just like come across your page and they're like, oh that's what suits dope, you like, I would still buy that because I'm that egotistical where I'm like, you will love me if you don't already, or you're just put your face on it or I just smack my face on it.
Speaker 3: Exactly what are you like?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I real?
Speaker 3: Although, where can they get your merch?
Speaker 4: So you can go to the Dear Media website in.
Speaker 1: The shop Okay, Dear Media web you'll see it there.
Speaker 4: But the sweatshirt's almost so doubt there's only a size small left. Oh damn, but the sweatpants are available, and there's hats still, so.
Speaker 3: The cutest dad hat ever.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the merch is awesome. I was super impressed by a cute color, the perfect shade of lavender.
Speaker 3: Would you call that a lavender?
Speaker 1: It's a light shade of purple?
Speaker 4: Yeah, really light, almost grayish purple. Yes, it's so good summer color.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, I have really enjoyed this thus far, and it is time for vander Pump Trivia. I know that you two have a lot to say. We could go on for three episodes and I love it, but it is time for trivia, the highlight of my day. Okay, all right, the first question.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: The way we're going to do this is you'll just get the table and then you'll be.
Speaker 4: Okay, should we just raise our hands?
Speaker 2: Okay, raise your hand. Whoever's hand goes up first, get SAMs of the question. If you're wrong, you will pass to your competitor. Okay, Okay, here we go. The final episode of each of the first three seasons of vander Pump Rules showed the surf staff participating in what.
Speaker 1: Activity photo shoot?
Speaker 2: Yes, calendar photo shoot.
Speaker 3: Damn well, yes, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: Photo.
Speaker 2: Wow, And I need to give you the options we have a I can give you choices. You nailed it without fast. I actually like it this way because since your cast members on the show, you shouldn't even get options. You shouldn't have know what not.
Speaker 4: So we know what we could do it.
Speaker 1: But if okay, okay, okay, So one zero, Okay, this.
Speaker 2: Is going to be a question to you because it's about Katie.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Tom Schwartz and Katie often use what pet name when referring to one another.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was easy, I call them.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's too easy.
Speaker 3: Can I still get a point though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get a point. She's going to get a question about you. So who has been seen wearing a Mumo dress around the house several times? Yes?
Speaker 3: Her, the other Tom Schwartz.
Speaker 2: That is correct. That is correct.
Speaker 4: I could have answered that.
Speaker 1: That's okay, okay, okay, I'm still taking the point.
Speaker 4: I'm a winner two to one.
Speaker 2: Okay. What is Stossey's favorite food on the menuet? Sir? Go ahead? That is correct. We have a tie right now. I need hand. This is a good one. I have no clue NASCAR driver Austin Dillon signed what item for Tom sand of All before race.
Speaker 4: His flat iron.
Speaker 2: You're like, you're like a superstar.
Speaker 1: Wait, well, did they show that on the show or do you just know that he.
Speaker 4: Definitely talked about it. I don't know if they showed it like happening, but he's definitely talked about Okay, three to two.
Speaker 2: Katie, Okay, I'm not even letting you guys.
Speaker 4: If you went you would have known what.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's that time who released a music single called good as Gold? Both of you can tie out. Okay, you guys, that's a tie. That's a tie. That's how you both went up the same time.
Speaker 1: So right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Four three four.
Speaker 2: Four three, which Bravo TV show launched by having the vander Pump cast visit in the episode Yes.
Speaker 1: Wait, what was it again with Beverly Hills Housewives No Summer House.
Speaker 2: Yes, which Bravo TV show launched the inaugural uh an inaugural episode with the van.
Speaker 3: I was can I tell you what I was thinking?
Speaker 1: I thought, what how did they launch vander Pump Rules which was Beverly Hill whatever?
Speaker 3: Okay, can you get it?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna give you four dogs names. Which one of these? After you hear all four, you can raise your hand whippers first? Is not one of Lisa's dogs? Giggy Jiggy, Jiggy, sorry, Gigi, rest in peace? Daddy O Kimba.
Speaker 4: Pikachu Kimbo Kimbo.
Speaker 2: What you're correct? Wow?
Speaker 1: I was going to say the one before that was Daddy O. Daddy was Jiggy's dead?
Speaker 2: Wow? You are like, I mean you what is the score?
Speaker 1: I think it's like six? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Six four?
Speaker 2: Okay. Shina has a forearm tattoo that says what I know.
Speaker 3: She gave it to me. Haters, you can handle, I was it's all happening.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, here we go. Which of these people is Lisa vander Pump's biological style? Pandora shut her hand up.
Speaker 3: Well we have to put all the way up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right. What's the score. What's the score?
Speaker 3: Well now it's six six? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay. Who did Lisa fire from Surfer Disrespect Management?
Speaker 3: Chris Kristen Dodi.
Speaker 1: I gave it tie.
Speaker 3: It's a tiebreaker. It's a tie breaker.
Speaker 2: The cast once had a comedy roast for which actor on the show. Well, Jax, Yes, that's it, that's it. We have the Queen via Katie Maloney.
Speaker 4: By the way, Lala.
Speaker 2: Air and by the way, it was a fair fight. And the fact that you were on the show three years less still were neck and neck. This was an amazing trivia.
Speaker 1: Because that's what I did in the Pandemic when we were in lockdown is I started vander Pump Rules from season one because I had never seen it, and when I watched, I was like, holy shit, these people are fucking crazy and I'm a part.
Speaker 3: Of it now this season two, man, Lala amazing.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you one thing. What you fit right in?
Speaker 3: I know I do. That was amazing. Way, baby, Hey, I wear that with pride.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, i gotta tell you something I am not. I'm not a cast member, but I will tell you this. I've been around and you know, a few times to film, to watch you guys, and I will tell you what's what's amazing from somebody who's not really in it. I sit there sometimes and watch you guys in the brief moments I've been around, and you start doing your thing, and I'm like, I feel like I'm at home in the living room watching you guys, and I have to be like, oh shit, I have to I have to like pretend I don't even know what's going on, so I get it's like amazing to watch you guys.
Speaker 1: You guys really a huge compliment because you you know, sometimes there are people out there that are like, oh, I feel like it's forced, or it's oh.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: You have like a live viewing because you're watching and you're like, this is like really happening. You know, you've been there for a lot of the moments this season and last.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is like the few times I've been around watching you guys, it's just amazing. I mean, you guys just are in it and it's no holding back, and you guys just kind of like I'm sitting there having a piece of steak, thinking that we're at dinner and this is like a very nice, quiet dinner, and then all of a sudden, people are standing up and shit's hitting the fan, and I'm like, oh shit, crawl in a hole. Also, anyway, you guys are It's amazing what you guys do. I could never do what you do. I'm proud of both of you. You guys are amazing, and I'm really proud to say that you guys are on the show because it is. It is an amazing show, and you guys are very lucky to be, you know, part of something that's been around for so long. Nine years is unreal. Nine years of any television show is unreal. It is so congratulations, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I actively think Katie and like the Ogs because you know, they really did lay down a phenomenal what would you call it, flooding foundation for you know, me To be able to come in and be a part of something amazing that you guys started, it really is amazing. So thank you Katie Maloney. Thank you for being a guest on the fucking podcast.
Speaker 2: Any time, and make sure you listen to her podcast.
Speaker 3: Her podcast is You're Gonna Love Me.
Speaker 4: It's out on Fridays.
Speaker 1: Fridays, and make sure you check out her March as well. We will talk at you guys or to you guys next Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,