Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone. Elvis Duran, The Elvis Duran phone tap, Today's phone tap from Garrett? What's it all about? So Kelly wants to play a phone tap on her boyfriend John. Now, John borrowed a book from the library about ten thirteen years ago when he was a kid. Now he's a full adult, but he still brags like, hey, I never returned it and they're not doing anything about it. So I'm gonna call John from the library, going, hey, give me back our book.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Remember going to libraries, We're so fantastic. All right, here we go. Hello, Hi John. My name is mister Cooper. I work with Simse's Public Library. Are you familiar with us? Yes, we've been updating our computer system and we've been going over our delinquent accounts. According to our records, you borrowed a book from us about thirteen years ago and it hasn't been returned.
Speaker 2: I actually haven't been back to that library since I was in school. What book are you speaking up?
Speaker 1: Well, we are looking for the third edition of Where's Waldough? Are you familiar?
Speaker 2: No? No, I'm not familiar with that book.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you borrowed it from us and we are looking.
Speaker 2: I gotta get back to work. I don't have time for this.
Speaker 1: Well, John, it's mister Cooper again from the library.
Speaker 2: I do not have time for this. So I got your book. I cannot help you right listen, right now, I'm between. I can't talk to you about a stupid book right now. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Then we will be charging you a late fee around thirty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Are you out of here? Damn mind?
Speaker 1: Listen guy. Times are tough around here, and.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying thirty five hundred dollars for a book that you guys don't have. Goodbye? What do you want?
Speaker 1: Listen? Can you please return the book so we don't have to charge you the Why can you.
Speaker 2: Not understand what I'm saying to you? I don't have the book. I'm not bringing a book to you. I'm sick and tired of this bone. I swear to God, you have we confused with somebody else? Leave me alone all to return the book?
Speaker 1: No bit. You know what's making it worse.
Speaker 2: We were just out with his friends last.
Speaker 1: Night and he was bratting about the story again. That's perfect, all right, I'm going to call him. You're going to talk and we're gonna listen it.
Speaker 2: All right, Hey babe, it's gonna be called for you recently asking for my information or anything. Uh yeah, actually all right.
Speaker 3: Because it just called me and has been hounding me for the past hour about a library book that I didn't return like thirteen years ago. They want thirty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Baby, the whereas wild Books.
Speaker 3: Yes, the point is that he's on my ass about thirty five hundred dollars for the book. You can't give out my information like that. What's going to happen with that?
Speaker 2: Is that going to affect our credit? I don't know.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be an issue if you didn't hand my information out to strangers without talking to me. I mean, what was I.
Speaker 1: Supposed to do?
Speaker 3: He said he needed to get a hold of you right away, so I thought it was something about work and I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Then you contact me, John, Hey, Johnny appreciated John. We'll do this money. Who's gash from Elvis Duran in the morning show? And you just got a phone tap by your girlfriend.
Speaker 2: You might want to find the Waldo book though.
Speaker 4: John, the Elvis Duran's phone tap. This phone tab was pre recorded with permission granted by all the participants the.
Speaker 1: Elvis Duran phone tab only on Elvis Duran in the Morning Show.
Speaker 4: This broadcast is sponsored by PayPal. It's time to talk about something that will make all our lives a little smoother. We're all familiar with PayPal right. PayPal is the trusted and rewarding way to pay. It gives you more savings and more flexibility, which is always great to have.
Speaker 1: Don't just pay PayPal. Learn more at PayPal dot com.