Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so we are doing a separate episode because heads are spinning on this one. I mean, guys, there's so many articles that are just like pow pow pow, and then it's like Jesse and then I'm like, it's it's a lot every hour talk. I mean, there's so it's just like I went on US Weekly and it's just headline after headline after headline. But then it's like Jesse's in there, and then her husband's putting Jordan a restraining room. I'm like, what is happening? Interesting timing though, and I probably would have done the same thing. You know, you want to slide something in so that way, you know what I mean, because you don't you don't want all the eyes on it.
Speaker 3: But also everyone's watching them right now in general, so I feel like maybe interesting timing, but also like everyone's so invested in all of them that I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think it worked because not everybody's like and this too. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, obviously, last week, hours later after we recorded our episode, Theorette canceled the season.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm now.
Speaker 2: Having even though I I know what I said. There was even an article that came out. I'm now having mixed reactions about the whole thing, same, same, and about them canceling it. And I actually listened to Nick Faile's podcast. You know, they had he had a lawyer on the show, he had an editor on the show, and I was on my walk this morning, so I was I like his take on things, and so I was listening to his take on it, and it is very interesting because they I mean, she had mentioned many times that she threw the stool, and you know, I mean all all the things were in that twenty twenty three report and you know, the and he was even saying like some people don't even get on the show because they have a parking ticket, you know, So like clearly ABC knew.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they do major background.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so then for them to pull and it's like, were you just then setting her up to fail? Because and that's what he had based that's what Nick had said, Like it's like they were setting her up to fail because they knew this information, you know, and they still went with casting her right and people's lives and families in their live reduction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of that see I see it differently. I think they obviously knew about it. And that's what I was even kind of saying last week. I was like, she was charged for this, yes, in twenty twenty three, Like we know she was charged with this.
Speaker 2: The other one was a separate incident that we haven't seen video footage of whatever.
Speaker 3: So if we're just talking about the twenty twenty three now I understand it's coming up again because a new incident just happened.
Speaker 2: And the video was released in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Three, right, Yes, Having said that, who.
Speaker 2: Released the video we don't know yet, but he has the copyright. He's Dakota's people saying that it's not wasn't him, but he's technically the copyright and this is again what I learned from the Bile files. But he's a technically has he's the copyrighted person, So he could have sold the copyright of the video to someone else else. My theory is maybe the ex husband of the of the kid that was her daughter that was hit in the video, something in that kind of world where maybe that was him also trying to sabotage or or get this that video out. I don't know, but that is he'd have had to have sold it or something well, or it could have Again, now I'm saying this too. There's been videos or pictures that I've sure we've all sent to each other that I now have it. And if there's not a good there's a bad egg in there. That person could then sabotage and send to a paper to get money or an outlet. So sure, but you then hear all the things about how they say Dakota sabotages and and maybe when he pressed plays again, we're taking the abuse abuses not okay, I'm just what was the five minute it's before the recording two right the timetime it's released seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me go back a minute to the first thought though on the ABC taking it when they did taking it off air, my thing is is they obviously knew about it.
Speaker 1: She was charged for it.
Speaker 3: It was out there, she's talked about it, they did a background check. My thing on that is is the only reason in my opinion, they ended up taking down was because of all the pushback, because of the video, because because the video came out, because he did that, and now they're like, what do we do? Half of the world is saying you need to take the show down half the world. It doesn't. It was just a shoot, what do we do, Like we got to take this down now.
Speaker 2: But also to the point of what I was the pod, you know, listening to the podcast this morning, they were filming Mormon wives during them too, So they were just feeding into the abuse of the situation and the sadness of around her mental health too.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I know they paused for ten to eleven months after for this incident, but still you went ahead knowing that these you're putting these two people together on camera in a room, and it's kind of makes me sad the whole situation that they were feeding into the mental health of.
Speaker 3: I agree, and I think that's kind of where I'm going with it. Is kind of like I no, no, you're fine. It's just essentially they got caught, is what it feels like. Is like they were going to roll with all of it, knowing everything, knowing what was going on, but they got to a point where it was like, oh, crap, now we look bad because we knew all of this and we need to bring it down.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel.
Speaker 3: I feel, like, like you said, they were filming stuff they're putting people, you know, for the other show, they're putting people in these positions. They knew who she was, they knew she was in her love life a bit of a train wreck for not you know, not to be a mean but you know, her love life has been up and down. They wanted that, you know, That's why I thought they were going to get more eyeballs on it.
Speaker 1: And they probably thought so too.
Speaker 3: But then it just got to a point where it's, ok, Okay, now you're getting called out for essentially promoting violence that were now all seeing. And I think that's where they got scared. But they should be scared because now and again I think that, you know, I did say last week that they should bring it down, you know, I did think that. I'm now back and forth as well on whether they should have.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I still think they should have. I mean, I've still they still should. I agreed they should.
Speaker 3: If you did, if you did a simple background, I mean you did.
Speaker 4: That was my whole point last week. Yeah, we are just making the wrong people famous. Yeah, we're just feeding a beast. And that is nothing against any of these women. I just am watching listen. I saw very brief and a long time four score and seven years ago, when there was no social media, what reality TV is, what it really is, and how it can feed and how you can promote it, how more money comes with more episodes, and more money comes with more drama. And I also saw first hand and how if you're not at storm, you're.
Speaker 2: Out right well and if someone someone posted something that was quite funny, I believe it was Alison on my Instagram and she goes, listen, we grew up on Real World and Jersey Shores, like The Air the Achelorette, you know what I mean? Like this is like right, this is what we get it. At the same time, again, I agree to your point. I don't think they should have ever picked her in the beginning because of knowing this information and if it was reversed that whole thing. Having said that too, I'm like, well, there's a piece of me that would watch it. But now knowing everything, I still think they did the right thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's a hard one.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, you're a human and you're like curious and you want to watch you know, we've all been kind of in a way trained with this reality TV to want to watch the train wreck, Like that's why we watched this stuff half the time.
Speaker 2: I will say, though, this latest up, the latest season, it's so heavy, so many people have said so much happening that I I can't finish it. Yeah, I mean, honestly, I know too much. It's too heavy. It's just it's too much.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you want to be able to look at a train wreck, but it be like not so like you know.
Speaker 2: I want to say or wherever bring the I'm just like it's like it's like and I'm and this is what's so sad is these are the people's lives, you know what I mean? And I feel so awful. But and as a viewer, it is starting to feel just kind of dark. It's also feeling like we shouldn't. It's like and I don't want to turn it on. I don't want to. I don't want to be being like a viewer. Yeah, I feel bad the deal with it, Like, I don't want to feed into that this is the numbers and this is what we need. Let them privately deal with it. I want happiness for all of them, but I don't like I feel like I'm feeding into the beast by tuning it right, Yeah, and it is like a weird feeling, like when there's this fine line reality hits where you feel like you open the door while someone's having an argument and you're like, ooh, you know it's like that, like you're just like I don't think I want to and just in general, like our nervous systems, like a lot of us have lived these situations, so I don't need to relive like yea, you know, for my own like like mental health, I guess or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's been really interesting also to see people go to social media with their takes and I mean, I can see all to me, there's no side to this. And that's the thing that's been so interesting is everyone now wants to give.
Speaker 1: A side to everything. Everything. You pick a side.
Speaker 3: There is no and I'm like, how are we picking a side except for the children in this and this?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm like, we're how are you team Dakota or team Taylor? It's all a mess, you know, And it's like, yes, she did this, we don't know what he did. Five minutes before that, like you were you know where you were saying, we we don't know if he did this. Released it to sabotage her. We don't know, we don't know, but there's not I'm not understanding these people going, Okay, this might not be a popular take, but I'm on this side, and I'm like, there's no sides to this. They just need to get healthy, both of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the children are the are the ones that.
Speaker 2: Are not right. Yeah. And I you know, I actually slid into a Bethany Frankel. She was talking about something about how it's they were saying reactive abuse, and I actually went in the comments, I said it's violent resistance d D.
Speaker 1: I saw that, yeah, or her talking about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I ended up actually pulling my comment and a lot of people were HERD, you know, we're harding it. But then people were coming and being like, all right, if this was a guy and this is and there's so many people that don't understand the DV world as well, and I'm like, I can't fight with a bunch with Bethany Frankel's people, and I was just like, I ended up just deleting the comment because I'm like I and I texted Amy too, I said, hey, will you come on the podcast and talk about violence violent resistance and she's in Montana right now, but she said she would love to come on because I think there needs to be a bigger conversation and then her explaining it, because me explaining violent resistance is just from what I hear from her and what I know from DV. But I think it's important for people to be educated on that because when you haven't been in that toxic, violent, abusive situation, you don't understand all the nuances that go with it, and both things happening are not okay, right, So like there's never justification for this, but there are psychological things that happen to you and when you're inn abusive relationships. So I think that needs to be described, like from an Amy. Yeah, And that's where I'm like, I'm out of this kind I'm because I'm like, I can't if you haven't been in this situation, you don't understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I wondered that same thing because I watched Bethany's saying and I didn't know. So it would be very good for Amy to come on and to explain. Is there also reactive abuse? Is that also a thing? Are these two different things? But you were explaining and reactive abuse, I had all those same thoughts, and I wanted I would love more information on that because to me they sound like a little bit different.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. Yeah, and that's what I'm saying, So.
Speaker 3: I would love to and people don't know that you are not educated on that.
Speaker 4: That could be in the sweet spot though, of what comes out of this. That was my whole point last week, like we turn the cameras off, let's get a family system healthy. But if there was any good that can come out of this, it's us learning more about Sure, all of this is a culture, so it's not so one side one side, And Amy does a really good job of describing because a lot of people are like, if this was a man and their react There is a difference, and I hate the double standard with that piece of it too, But there is a difference, and Amy does a way better job explaining it than I will. And I'd rather them quote her than me, just too, yeah, because she is you know, and none of it.
Speaker 2: Is okay at the end of the days. You just have to understand the psychology and the what happens the nuances within a domestic violence violent domestic violence relationship DV situation. So I just think there's so much more to it.
Speaker 3: H Yeah, well, and understanding that those things are there and there's reasons that this is happening and why it's toxic, but not saying it's okay. And that's like when you keep saying, but it's not okay, you know, And it can feel on social media when people are like, it's this, it's this, it's this, and it kind of stops there, but we have to keep saying but it's still not okay, and we have to learn and we have to They need to get help. Both of them need to get help. When it comes to yeah, I would assume he also has been it. You know, they have said that he has also been violent as well, So assuming that he has also been violent as well, they both need to get help and get off cameras.
Speaker 2: Exactly just for the love private time.
Speaker 3: But what else is is there anything else? So then what else is new with So Doug is.
Speaker 2: The bachelor she chose right, Doug got there apparently he's the one that got the final. He looks so much like her, it's like she has a type. It's wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her ex like her ex husband or Dakota.
Speaker 2: Dakota she was a lot like I was like, well.
Speaker 3: I still wonder where her ex husband is and all of this, but that's just smart and off camera.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, luckily, but but there is so Doug is the one she picked in the Bachelorette, and they did get engaged on the show. But then I think, didn't something just came out. We're gonna we're gonna fact check. Oh this is what he said.
Speaker 2: In light of everything that's happened. I'm just sending out prais to Taylor because that was her moment, and her moment was blocked. So all we can do right now is be hopeful. And I'm headed off to run to watch the sunrise. Hope you guys have a great day. Let's stay positive and show nothing but support for people and need cheers. Apparently, though, apparently she got back together with Dakota after film and then obviously all that other stuff came out. So she slept with Dakota the night before she left, apparently, and then she goes on the Bachelor and she bachelorettes it up. She goes she was ready. She was saying she wasn't ready, you know.
Speaker 1: She says she wasn't ready before she went on.
Speaker 2: That's what I was hearing on the Bile Files. Yes, it could have been.
Speaker 4: True because she definitely slept with her right other's child the night before.
Speaker 3: So this we need to then not sign up for things when we're not ready.
Speaker 4: Right, So then I'm like, I get it's sweet Doug. Okay, So then Doug is now they're offering Doug. Is this rumor or fact? We need producer Hannah, our resident JOm Talk Secret Life Mormon Wives expert, has to tell us if Doug has confirmed that he is going to be the next Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Yet nothing has been confirmed. He just there was a comy. There was just a comment saying like, oh, he should be the next and he's like, let's go.
Speaker 3: So people feel bad for him? Well, and I mean I have ever every contest heard a lot of the contestants re upset because I mean, they obviously wanted to be on this show for a reason.
Speaker 2: Do you want to have maybe some more Instagram followers to promote your businesses? I mean a lot of people have been very fortunate after these shows to have you know, the influencing world or their supplement or their gyms or their whatever, you know what I mean. And that was yeah, and that was that platform was taken from them. They also probably had to quit their job that they had.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are saying before you know, and.
Speaker 4: Some of them even fine love not on the show, which I think is really sweet too.
Speaker 2: Like after they get opportunities to go to The Bachelor in Paradises and say that that gets.
Speaker 3: That part is very unfortunate and again where they should have just never allowed it.
Speaker 2: To happen in the first place. First place. Funny story though, Catherine goes into our group message and she's like, oh my god, Taylor's following you and goes swift. I think she only follows her fiance. It wouldn't be here and really funny.
Speaker 3: I had a panic moment because I was doing some work on her Instagram and I was like, oh my gosh, oh no, oh no, I mean she listened, and then I freaked out because you know, I always go back to that moment of what did we say?
Speaker 1: Because we forget like we talk about what we say.
Speaker 3: I mean, I knew I didn't, like, I don't judge the girl, and I feel for her, but I was like, man, you just always go to that moment. I'm like crap, what what did we say? Is she going to be kissed if she hears it?
Speaker 1: So I just had a freak out moment.
Speaker 2: I think we couldn't.
Speaker 4: We might be the least of Tailor's worries right now. Yeah, I know, that's the great, that's true. Yeah, I know, but you never wanted to win someone's down.
Speaker 2: Sure, you know, but I at least taking passionate. We try passion and I look forward to the comeback story for sure.
Speaker 1: So what's going on with Jesse? Jesse, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: Or Jesse, she's filing for divorces.
Speaker 2: No, she filed, which I always find interesting because and then there's the whole pre nup situation too.
Speaker 4: Jesse's like, hey, I go here too, right, Like there's stuff about my mind.
Speaker 2: But it's always interesting because sometimes, for example, with our my divorce, my last one, it's you you want to file first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me about this.
Speaker 2: From from my understanding from my lawyer, you want to be the one that files first because you have a little bit more of an up in court, given you are the one that has filed. Now, whether that is true or not, I don't know, Like I have no idea, but that is just what my lawyer had said.
Speaker 3: So you want to beat that's way of getting hurt at a file.
Speaker 2: Not sure Catherine's like paying him out side file because it's never gone out and she has a file that's incredible, or they just told or if it was Catherine under the table.
Speaker 1: I did tell pay them, but I did tell them.
Speaker 2: You're a lawyer. I always hate to see a relationship end. But I think we also kind of saw that one. It's a which is a bummer because again, I always want to be the advocate that when things happen in a marriage, whether it's unfaithful, that it can be restored. And I think that's the piece that is such a bummer to me because I was hopeful that given the not sleeping with the person and it was just a case, I'm like, Okay, they're going to be the example that maybe shows that people can get on the other side and have that redemption that story. And so it's it's a bummer on that piece again, because I do believe marriages can be restored when something like that happens, but clearly doing it in front of the camera with a bunch of people that that must have had have been ten times harder. And again I couldn't watch some of those two, Like when they were fighting and there was the overhead, I was like, that's when I fast forward. I'm like, I don't want to watch. This is too like triggering from like it's why things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're forgetting.
Speaker 4: We are forgetting that these are I don't know a good way to say this, so I just need everyone's gracious assumption around my next few sentences. But like, we're forgetting these are like normal people, and so these aren't like actresses or people that grew up in a spotlight. And so now we have spotlight on marriage, and we have cameras on marriage, and we have friends that are getting like there's a lot of added extra elements to marriage in these situations. A marriage on its own without a camera in a tiny house in the middle of a in the acreage is stressful.
Speaker 3: Any camera on any marriage, Yeah, it's why stressful.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I won't just say the restraining order piece though.
Speaker 1: Who put restraining on her?
Speaker 2: On who he put a restraining harder on her?
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. I just that's interesting.
Speaker 2: I find that very interesting. And also again we've never heard her being physical. I mean, if this was a restraining order, could just be like proximity too. It could be just right, but.
Speaker 1: Doesn't Well, yes it is, but I'm just.
Speaker 2: Saying has to be like, for example, Oh, people are saying it's so that she can't talk about it.
Speaker 3: I did see that restraining order. But also it's like a hush order. That's what I'm saying. Doesn't mean always violence. It could be that there's like too much infiltration right in people's space.
Speaker 2: And the funny thing, not the funny thing is but apparently she's the guest, I'm the next caller daddy, and it said I'm not the only one who cheated.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, so then he's like, so maybe that's what he had to do in order to get her to not tell that story.
Speaker 1: Oh, that makes him look bad if that's what it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, there have been times when restraining orders can be filed and you kind of look at it and you go, Okay, am I doing this for a story? Or am I doing this because it's really needed? You know? So I think it's just an interesting play, and I'm curious normal people with abnormal abnormal.
Speaker 3: I am going to say, I'm going to defend a little bit in the in the in the sense.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 3: You did sign up for reality TV, so let's just start there. Just signed up for reality TV. But I can understand not wanting, if any anything and everything is going wrong in my marriage. For the other person to go on the most famous podcast in the world and talk about it, I can understand that.
Speaker 1: I can see they're doing a reality show. That's what they talk about it. That's what I said. He signed up for a reality show.
Speaker 2: And they talk about it on the reality show. Absolutely, he doesn't want his dirty laundry exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: But no, that's exactly what's happening. That's exactly what he doesn't want.
Speaker 3: And I'm not I'm just saying, if I had made a mistake and I had done something, I can understand that feeling of not wanting. I'm sure y'all can understand not wanting your dirty laundry out there everywhere too. But they signed up for a reality show, and I guess that it's okay.
Speaker 2: For her to look bad, but not him is kind of what it seems for.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what he's situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh absolutely, yeah, But I'm just saying the only thing I can defend in that thing is I can understand not wanting it all out there in general. Sure, any of it me and any of it, but I wouldn't sign up for a reality show.
Speaker 2: Well, now there's spinoffs happening. Jen Affleck is going to be one of the cast mates for the Los Angeles or Orange County spin off. I mean, what do you think about now these being spin offs?
Speaker 1: It might be tough now, I don't know. We gotta get up, we gotta.
Speaker 2: Get out, everyone needs to shut down the cameras. I think.
Speaker 4: I'm I also am not like a massive fan of the show at all. Like I'm not a fan of the show at all, So it's hard for me. I really was at first, but it's I've heard the same.
Speaker 2: I do think Jen is a strong enough lead for the spin off show. I do not.
Speaker 1: I don't. I think and I strong.
Speaker 4: I think it's because she's too maybe too kind or too well, she's more of a bit of a.
Speaker 2: Villainous story from what People Live Again. I've and difficult to watch a lot of the season, but it's not for.
Speaker 3: Any strong reason other than I I don't know. It's not that I get bored with her storyline. That's terrible to say, but it's been a little bit of that back and forth same storyline where I'm kind of personally a little bit, you know how you just kind of get over a storyline sometimes I'm kind of over her storyline. And that's what happens a lot with these reality shows. When people get fed up with some like Housewives and stuff like that, it's like, Okay, you've worked this storyline too long. We need to kind of move on. So that's what it will be interesting to see.
Speaker 2: How that how that plays on I think smart for the network, like what they're trying to do. They're trying to probably do a Housewives you know, yeah, there'll be no mom talk of Nashville. I'll say that most likely.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't even.
Speaker 2: Never say never, true, never say never, but an email comes in no. But I think it all depends on who they surround them with. I think that's what happens a lot of these Housewives shows is who's the surrounding cast to see if it works. But I mean, my I don't know. It's hard because all those girls are are so good on the main show. Yeah, and once everyone starts going away, like if Whitney goes just to pursue her acting, if you know Taylor's who knows what will happen in that situation, if she's even comes back or whatever. It is. So part of it too, is their history.
Speaker 4: That's what makes this if you're making a cast, right, these are all friends, but they are like they're a cast too. It's like the deepness and the richness of the storylines are that they've all been together for all these times and sudden you start taking people out, and.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's what made it a little bit different and a little bit stronger at first than housewives. Like all of them are kind of friends, but they're not really these girls again, you know they were I as, I as I've seen pretty close. Right, we're a part of this mom talk together before a lot of times. It's like your housewives are really just kind of thrown together, right, That's.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying. Like that, So yeah, like asking me to be on the back or friends, I know that not even even more recently, and I'm like, I don't live there, I.
Speaker 1: Don't go here talk about that. Yeah, yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: So like when you're it's crazy, must of a spin off because now it's You're It's not what.
Speaker 2: People loved about it or fascinated people.
Speaker 3: To me, it would have made more sense to just do a full new cast of people, same situation somehow and made it like someone from that show to bring on the other one.
Speaker 2: Though that's true.
Speaker 3: And they did well, they do on the other but like none of the how Wives, those don't if you're trying to do it like a Housewives. None of those overlap. It's all different casts, so I mean, I don't know. I see what they're doing, and some of those other ones, like the selling ones and stuff like that, you know, obviously have the.
Speaker 1: Same people some of them.
Speaker 2: But I like, yeah, well there's our little there's a lot of spicy updates for you.
Speaker 3: I really hope everybody gets out though, at the end of the day, and that they can get healthy and get happy, because.
Speaker 2: I do amen to healthy, yeah and happy, and we're out until next episode. I