Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueans See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: The playoffs are upun us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals, all in prices, views from your seat, the lord's price guarantee game time. Take it the guests work out of buying tickets. Save even more when you choose a section and let game time. Choose to see the lower price guaranteed or game Time will credit one and ten percent of the difference. Take the guests work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game time. Download the game time out, create an account, use code Nightcap twenty.
Speaker 2: Dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again.
Speaker 1: Creat an account, Redeem code nightcap nigt CAAP for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today, last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed. Did you miss us, We missed you, and we're back. Welcome to another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp Bottom Riot, He's your favorite Number eighty five, rot Runner, Extraordinary Bingals, Ring of Fame, Honoree, a pro bowler, All Pro from Liberty City, Chad o Jo Senko, Johnson Bottom Left, y'all know him, your favorite Number zero, Arizona Wildcat, Legend Wizard Great. He's Gilbert Habachi Arenas. Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of night Gap. Chaid It's out, guys, thank you so much for selling out. Shay By Lapotier. I just got here. I'm in Vegas actually for an event for Lapotier. By next Friday, all back orders, all back orders will be shipped.
Speaker 2: Every back order.
Speaker 1: If you placed an order within the last two months, every order will be shipped. You will be getting an email. They gave me their word that all orders will be shipped by next Friday. Guys, I want to thank you so much for your patients and believing in me and believing in the product, and the team is doing everything they possibly can. But having a conversation today as soon as I arrive, they assured me by next Friday, every backlog order will be shipped.
Speaker 2: So thank you again.
Speaker 1: For your patients, please make sure you go follow my social media company, my media company pages on all platforms. That's Shayshay Media, and my clothing company that's eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. The clothing line eighty four dropped last Monday. Thank you guys for everybody that's purchased something, not only for eighty four, but Nightcap and Club Shayshae as well. We pen the link to Nightcap merchan at the top of the chat. Use code up for discount. That discount applies on all merchandise, Club Shay Shae, Nightcap and eighty four, which is my personal clothing line. Guys, we got some great news. We're very very excited to announce the Nightcap Live Tour will kick things off on August twenty second. In the A that's August twenty second. In the A that kicks off the tour, that's on a Thursday. Then, if I'm not.
Speaker 2: Mistaken, Friday, Saturday, I think Sunday.
Speaker 1: We're in Houston on the twenty fifth, and then we're gonna round out the Texas tour on in Dallas on August thirty. August thirtieth, So Atlanta kicks it off on the twenty second, Houston on the twenty fifth, Dallas on the thirtieth. Pre sale starts tomorrow. Holldo we're in the pre sales ticket start?
Speaker 4: I got a question. I got a question. I got a question.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Pre sale ticket starts tomorrow. Tickets officially go on sale Monday on the tenth. Check out social media, your platform, the links to make sure you don't miss out on this opportunity.
Speaker 2: Rum a thing.
Speaker 1: Oh till before you go Atlanta The Tour, The Nightcap Tour Live Tour Atlanta August twenty second, Houston August twenty fifth, Dallas August thirtieth. Pre sale ticket starts tomorrow, with tickets officially going on sale Monday on June tenth.
Speaker 2: What's up on jo listen.
Speaker 5: I'm glad we're going on tour. I'm really excited about this. Obviously, Atlanta is a place that I don't visit often. Now, we talked many times, on many occasions on Nightcap about Magic City.
Speaker 4: Now, at any point I know we have a tour.
Speaker 5: At any point, do you think we can squeeze in Magic City and we can squeeze in a dream Game.
Speaker 1: I don't know if the dreams way, I don't know if the dream is playing while while there the tour. I mean we can definitely hit Magic probably that Friday. Okay, then we're gonna have to leave on Saturday. God head down to Houston for Sunday show.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, now I got another I have a part question. Now be going to Houston now, if I'm not mistaken, the Houston team also had the w n A team or am I wrong?
Speaker 2: Wrong?
Speaker 4: I am wrong?
Speaker 1: The comic the comic was dissolved. They have one in Dallas. Ah, well, you always down in Dallas, the one you like?
Speaker 5: Oh so, okay, I don't go to Houston often, So what can we do in Houston that that that can leave me with a with great, a great impression of the city because I don't visit often.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're gonna do. But I got a T shirt and say we're gonna do something to something. So I don't know what you're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, in Houston.
Speaker 2: The best thing you do in Houston is trying not to get robbed. That's it.
Speaker 4: They be robbing people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you go to the strip club, then you for sure uh getting your watch taking uh, getting your your pockets padded?
Speaker 2: But I got a question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yes, it's nice.
Speaker 2: It's nice. Cap plus plus one.
Speaker 6: Because I ain't got nothing to do August August, I can fly. Hey, I'm like to work. I can fly myself out there. I just put on an extra seat. I can be there because I want to go to Magic City on unk.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, I as a matter of fact, I'm gonna hit up I'm gonna hit up Madge tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Fact. Let him know, let him know what's going on.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 5: I'm excited because I ain't never been to Magic City and I want to see what all the fuss is about.
Speaker 2: Oh it ain't no fuss, no fus, not fussing. Yeah, it's a good fuss.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Very excited about that. Guys.
Speaker 1: You guys wanted us to go on tour, and we're definitely going on tour. Atlanta, All this, twenty second, Houston, All This twenty fifth, Dallas August thirtieth.
Speaker 2: Pre sale ticket starts.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, with the tickets officially going on sale Monday sixteen.
Speaker 2: Social media for all leagues.
Speaker 4: Huh, you're going to Dallas too, Yes, that's what I'm saying. Oh man, you ain't telling me that.
Speaker 5: Okay, I ain't never been in I ain't never been to Dallas except to watch a preseason soccer game.
Speaker 4: So what can we do in Dallas? I know they got some nice stuff out there.
Speaker 1: Huh. That's on a Sunday. I think No, that's the thirtieth. Is what the thirtieth of the Friday. Thirtieth of the Friday? If I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, Friday. So we can watch the Wings. We can go to a Wings game.
Speaker 1: I've got to watch the Wings. What about some legs? I don't know what you talk about, Joe. You watched the Wings. I watched the legs. I'm a drumstake man myself or a five.
Speaker 2: That's just me.
Speaker 1: Joseph's side. I ain't got to do us a favor. Also, we like for you to subscribe the Gills channel. Jill has a YouTube channel. He has a show that airs every Monday through Thursday live at eleven thirty am Pacific time. That's Gil's or rental channel on YouTube. His show every Monday through Thursday live at eleven thirty am. Also, Gil has a personal page on YouTube, and it's called no Chill Gill. That's Gil's personal YouTube page, No Chill Gill. Make sure you guys go out there and check it out. Subscribe, make sure you hit that subscribe button to get his followers up, and make sure he hit that like button. So YouTube would recommend it. Let's jump right into the NBA Finals. The Celtics take a one to zer lead, first game back in the lineup. First career NBA Finals game, Christoph Pazingers filled up the stat sheet twenty two points on seven to twelve, six rebound, three blocks, three steals.
Speaker 2: The blocks against the MAVs.
Speaker 1: Prizingers had three in game one, Rudy Gobert had two in games two through five. That was a great job by the Boston Celtics. They did a great job jumping out to a big lead. Had a twenty nine point lead.
Speaker 2: Gill.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken in the second quarter, but give the MAVs credit. They will that thing down all the way to eight and the next thing you know, the doubt the the Celtics going to fourteen to run to close out the bird push your back and they never looked back. Oh cho, let me do this thing to Gail first, because he's out rather the basketball expert.
Speaker 4: I'm a basketball expert too. I've been studying. I've been studying.
Speaker 2: He's been studying. Let me watch it.
Speaker 4: I'm studying. All right, go ahead, go ahead, Giyl. I'm let me let you slid this time.
Speaker 1: Hey, Gil, So, what what did you like about what you saw from the Celtics.
Speaker 2: What I what I did like is.
Speaker 6: And I watched how they played MAVs the first two games in regular seasondo regular season is different. I wanted to see what Porzingis did in that series and what he did that was really intriguing against Dallas's defense because Dallas usually plays in a drop defense because they had actual big so gafferd and Lively has to protect the basket when they do a pick and roll in Gaffers sitting back, Porzingis pops, right, Yeah, Rudy didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Rudy is going back to the basket.
Speaker 6: So it helped Dallas when you got Porzingis popping, There's nobody to challenge a seven foot three point shooter.
Speaker 2: Now if you decided to switch. He decided to.
Speaker 6: Post a mid posts or on the block, so he has an advantage there too, So I wanted to see how he was gonna play off of what I've seen in the regular season, and that's exactly what happened tonight. That they use porzingis because Dallas is big man or out of sync for the way they play their pick and roll offense.
Speaker 1: Right, you did see him get a lot of shots off shoot, a shot of ball over Kyrie, shot the ball over PJ.
Speaker 2: Washington, he shot.
Speaker 1: He was shooting jump shots over much smaller guys, which is, Hey, that's what he is. He's more so a stretch. When you talk about stretch, a simpot three, He's really not looking to get down on the block per se unless he got a decided mismatch. But when they put him in the mid post pick and roll, he still got a mismatch. So now I'm shooting over PJ. Watson, I'm seven three, he's sixty six. I'm shooting o'ver Guy Reed, I'm seven three, he's sixty one, sixty two. So I met an advantage. O Joe, what did you like? What did you like about the Celtic what you saw from the Celtics. Listen, what can the MAVs do in game two.
Speaker 5: You know what, I enjoyed the game in this entirety. Obviously, I picked the MAVs to win his seven. I'm not changing. That's not going to change. I'm sure adjustments are going to be made by Jason Kidd the counter obviously were they dealt with tonight.
Speaker 4: I didn't know how Porzingis would look.
Speaker 5: I thought with Porzingis not us, not knowing whether he was gonna play or not. That is one of the reasons why I did pick the Masks win. But now seeing Porzingis show up to night and go crazy on both sides, defensively and officely. He hell, he was eight for thirteen. He was eight for thirteen. He had twenty goddamn points. And the supporting cast played extremely well, played extremely well. Also, Jaylen Brown, what was man? He was crazy boy? James Brown was crazy to night. Now the one person now, the one person missing from this puzzle who I was supposed to supposed to be the face of the Nbay, who everyone is clamoring to have a great game and saying that he has to win MVP.
Speaker 4: And Jason Tatum.
Speaker 5: Jayson Tatum didn't have the type of game he should have in the game scholarship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was solid. He was solid, But listen, he's not a solid player.
Speaker 5: He's not the type of solid player that we talk about he's one of the all time great or are so there talking about him supposing to be.
Speaker 4: But that's not what I saw to the night.
Speaker 5: Other than that, Listen, Drew Holliday had a great game, Derek White doing what he did as well, especially on the defense end. I'm surprised he was able to play efficient on both sides of the ball because him having to deal with Luke at times, him having to deal with Kyrie at times, and it still seemed like there were really no issues on there and on the offensive side of the ball and the defensive side of the ball. Now, one of the problems also for the MAVs is too many goddamn second chance points off the glass for the goddamn for the god damn Celtics, too many second points.
Speaker 2: See, that's gonna happen on you because the.
Speaker 6: If you look at Dallas's role to the finals, right, Zubach, right, they're playing big, so gaff forgets to stay down low right, you know, check right. That was the only time that you know, Gafford had to move a little bit, but it's still.
Speaker 2: Inexperienced player.
Speaker 6: Then the last series with Rudy gaff forgets to sit down low. Well, this series, Horford and for zingis is keeping him at the three point line. So either he's gonna give up a three or he goes out there and he's gonna give up an office rebound. Because White, Drew, Holliday, Brown, they're gonna go for those office of rebounds.
Speaker 2: They're not they're not trained to rebound.
Speaker 6: Gafford that and that's it's it's him.
Speaker 2: This is the tea for this series is gonna be Gafford being.
Speaker 6: Gonna swivel because if he doesn't understand how he has to challenge a shot and protect the rim and get the off the defensive rebound and security, it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a problem for them. It's gonna be a.
Speaker 1: Problem because that you're asking an awful lot though, because the thing is Agail, Once I slide to block the shot, now you have a block with somebody got to block my man.
Speaker 2: Somebody got to get on.
Speaker 1: Somebody got to do it and get in a position to block my man because I'm challenging the shot. And we saw that he challenges shot, Nobody blocks out Al Horford, he gets an easy put back. He challenges a shot. He A Lively challenges a shot. Lively Nobody's then block out and the Holiday puts back. Now Derrick White put back. A Brown puts back. So you have to understand if he's gonna help me. My mind has beat me to the basket. He's coming to help me. Now the next thing I do, I gotta go find his guy and try to get it, block him out or try to get in position to get a rebound.
Speaker 5: Then, David, if I'm not sticking hell, that all comes down and discommunicating. If I'm leaving, somebody got to be picking up where I'm leaving from.
Speaker 4: Would you?
Speaker 5: You got to pay attention to the game and the floor of the game. I'm thinking defensively, even I don't know the game of basketball like that. But if I'm going to help, I need somebody to pick up where I'm leaving from. Yes, and so on and so on and so on, and then tonight obviously, look it was a Lucas show. Luca can't do it all by hisself.
Speaker 2: Nah'm sure.
Speaker 5: If I'm not sure if the crowd had any type of effect on Kyrie and his performance.
Speaker 4: But Kyrie was it wasn't himself. Yeah, he missed some shots.
Speaker 5: Normally he facilitates and turned the switch on it and kind of gets points when he wants to. But everything was damn They're contested. They made every shot, God damn difficult. So I think if we have a show, I'm talk about the show. If we have another game, game two, I'm not sure what Jason Kidd is going to do.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what adjustments are going.
Speaker 2: To be made.
Speaker 5: They have to find this, Listen, they got to find a way to do with presingers they.
Speaker 2: Nahers.
Speaker 1: You've got to find a way to score because what happens is because Dallas is not Dallas is not Dublin. They did blitz Luca a couple of times to turn him over before most time or not. You're not gonna get no easy baskets because they're switching everything. They believe they're one through five can switch everything. They're doing a lot of switching, and it's said and misshot Gil. I don't know if I've ever seen this. The most assists of Dallas Maverick player had Kyrie, he had too. They had nine assists for the game. I don't know if I've ever seen have you ever seen that few assist in the game deal nine.
Speaker 2: No, not for a team, but it makes sense.
Speaker 6: And here's why Luca's game in their offense is built around drop coverages. Yes, right, the biggest gonna sit. Luca gets in there, Lucas scores, Luca gets here, Luca passes, Luca gets here live, Luca steps back, so he gets to play this Mickey Mouse game with everybody. Well, the smartest thing that Boston did that no one's seen coming was put Jason Tatum on Gafford.
Speaker 2: See nobody see it.
Speaker 6: So Porzingis was guarding Washington and Tatum was guarding Gaffer.
Speaker 2: So when Gafford went up for the pick, switch it.
Speaker 6: So. Now that we're switching, there's no advantages, there's no sag. There's so Luca now only gets to play one style of basketball, and that's score for himself because there's no open guys right now.
Speaker 2: The only counter you have.
Speaker 6: To this is asking a man to do something he's never done before. You have Jason Tatum on, you post him duck in, throw it the live. Now you make him. You scored two or three baskets on Jason Tatum down there, just I'm coming up instead of running up, We're just gonna throw it to you and you get a couple of quick ones, they're gonna have to switch it. Once they switch it, now, let's go to our pick and roll and play. But the fact that Gafford is not being utilized, and there was Zippers points where Drew Holliday was.
Speaker 2: Guarding Gafford down, Yeah, and he's running up and switching.
Speaker 6: So the fact that this is this is the weak link on the offense and the defense side for Dallas. And if you don't try to utilize him and make him effective for them to play straight up, you're getting swept. Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because when you when you look when you look at it, yeah, and you say it because here's the thing. You're in the NBA Finals and you're asking Gaffer to do something other than catch live and get put backs.
Speaker 2: Now you're asking him to go make plays for himself.
Speaker 1: He needs Luca, he needs Kyrie, he needs other guys to make plays for him. Now you're saying, in the NBA Finals, the most pressure packed situation that he's ever been. Here, Hey, we're gonna slip the ball of you so if they blessed the we're gonna pass it to you. Now you either a try to find the open man or go make it play for yourself. Okay, if you down on the block and you got a mismatch, we're gonna dump the ball down to you. You either drop step, go on your left or your right. But I need you to do something you've never done in your career.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got a question. No, I'm gonaut. I'm gonna put this in the football terms. Now you know, it's destructuring environments eleven on eleven, eleven on eleven. In basketball, it's five on five. So we have we have God you said the last name. I don't want to own a butcher's gaffer. Gaffer. You have gafferd that has a weakness. The way I hear y'all talking, somewhat, he's a liability in a sense. Now, when it comes to football, if you have a receiver that really can't do something, we have ways to manipulate the offense and the scheme to be able to scheme that young fella open because there's a certain weakness that he has. Now, what adjustments can Jason Kidd do to kind of hide the weakness and the liability that Gaffer is at this point offensively and defensely. It gotta be something you could do or did he need to go on the bench, Well.
Speaker 2: He can't.
Speaker 1: He can't go to He can't go on the bench because Max Kleeber is not a really good defender and his shoulders really bothering him. So when he's out there, they're really playing five on four because he really doesn't add anything because what.
Speaker 4: You just said, what y'all just said, they basically playing five on four right.
Speaker 1: Now too, but they are. But see what Dallas does. But see what Boston does is that their lineup is predicated on we're going to switch everything and we don't feel we're at a mismatch at any position. Position everybody else has to double. So when you double, somebody's open. And so now they dropped the ball to the five, he goes, he passes it to a corner or not, or he just lays it up, or Lucas splints it the double. And now he throws the law to Dereck Jones. He throws the law to Daniel Gaffert, He throws the law to Dereck Lively. Well, now they're switching it, so everybody's manned up. So even if he has an advantage, we're asking him, Oh Joe, that's like asking a receiver to run rose. He's never that's your slot guy. Hey, we're gonna put you outside a number. We want you to run a go route and we want you to beat that guy. That's not what we did did, so we're not gonna put him in that situation, oh Joe, in an AFC championship game or the Super Bowl, if a slot guy light up outside the number, then go run a comeback. But when we asked him to do that before, right, But if he doesn't do it, you're gonna keep getting spainked because he's the one with the advantage right now. Now, if you don't utilize him, your fourum five, right for league, your fourum five.
Speaker 7: I mean the man played what twenty something minutes, took one shot and at eighteen minutes took one shot, you're irrelevant on offense to them.
Speaker 2: Right? Then you have MAXI right? Is that Keepler? Keepler? Right? Yeah, he's a three point.
Speaker 6: Who was wide open that did not even look at them. So if his shoulder hurts, why is he a threat to me? If I know he can't shoot that shot. So now if you have gafferd and him in the game, or you have him and be in the game, it's three on five.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: But that that is the problem here, is what they're having. So you might have to play what we call start the game off and you just do five down. Right, So if Tatum is down there, or if they got whoever they want on Gafford, because they're gonna put a smaller guy on him, So you go up.
Speaker 2: We're gonna call five down. First five plays of the game. Five down.
Speaker 6: I'm giving you five guaranteed plays. Hopefully you can go two for five. If it's your birthday, you go four for five, which means is.
Speaker 2: We countered something.
Speaker 6: Now what are you gonna do for the next five That right there, that first quarter five plays has set the tone and they're gonna have to think about that because now the rest of the game, when Gaffer's down there, they're gonna think about us giving a ball to him if he's successful at it. Yeah, right, so they're gonna have to do something. You can't just do what you did.
Speaker 2: Luca.
Speaker 6: Even when they got beat by eighteen, Luca had a triple double, both games they got blown out. So that means he's generating thirty points with fifteen assists. Those fifteen assists, it's about what thirty points, Yes, a low end, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So probably forty. They make three threes, three to four three. Yeah, Luca's generating sixty points by himself. So they just cut off thirty points there. They're can care to let Luca play one on one. We don't give it down. Let Luca go get thirty, let Luca get forty. But we can't let it. Luca had thirty and one assist. He had ten rebounds but one assist. And so when you have more turnovers than assists, it's gonna be hard for you and you lose the three point line minus twenty seven. Boston had twenty seven more points from the three point line. Now we expect that Boston took the most threes. They made the most threes. They live and die by the three, so we understand. So, but you can't get you can't get beat by that much, Gil, You can't get beat by twenty seven.
Speaker 2: You can't just have nine assists with eleven turnovers.
Speaker 1: You can't because if you do that, you go Hey, like you said, Gil, they'll get swept. If you let this repeat itself, you'll get swept. Now, Kyrie's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: In Boston.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know in Boston again it's too it's two.
Speaker 1: It was a two to two one. Yeah, yeah, it used to be two three to two. But hey, with the day they got private flight, they said, nah, hell nah, take y'all lass back in.
Speaker 2: That two that two two one one one one.
Speaker 6: You know. The only the only thing that when I looked at how when I look at how Jason Tatum and Brown plays the biggest advantage for Dallas is.
Speaker 2: They love taking the easiest shots.
Speaker 6: When I mean the easiest shot is I have to there's energy that takes to get to the basket.
Speaker 2: Yes, versus just pulling up for a jumper. Yes.
Speaker 6: So so Boston has a very bad habit of I'm gonna get Maxie on me to do a side step three. Why would you put the worst get the worst defender on you.
Speaker 2: For you to take me like that is not how you play this.
Speaker 6: That you've gotten the more on you so you can attack him because he's slow footed, right, Dallas has to do this, you know, Jason Tatum and Brown are not really the quickest guys off the first step. So as long as you can say in front of them on their first two dribbles, they're gonna rush and settle for a jumper, which is what Tatum did tonight.
Speaker 2: He settled for the jumper, he settled for the three.
Speaker 6: D Yeah, the reason that Dallas even came back, not because Dallas did something, is because Bosses sawed off the game first nine shots, seven threes.
Speaker 2: They just took all jumpers like.
Speaker 6: Drew Holiday and Derek White had to go get a layup or a foul. That's that's where those those buckets came from. Other than that, they just sat there and shot threes the whole time.
Speaker 1: And that's why that's why Dallas was able to get back into the game in the third quarter, because when they're shooting three, Dallas is getting lay up, they're getting files. They made a cup of three, made it the eight point game. And then because when you get down, Gil, it takes so much effort for you to get back to get stop. You go down now, I gotta execute you got it. I mean, you cut it down from what twenty four all the way down to eight. You're right, there. If we just close out the half, I mean, excuse me, the quarter, the third quarter. If we just closed that and we're under ten, if we wielded a twenty twenty four point lead down to ten, you gotta feel good. But what happens they go on a fourteen to two run, and what was an eight point game all of a sudden is a twenty point game, and unless something historic happens, you're probably not gonna come back and win that game. But Jason Kidd, he always done a great job of making adjustments. We know the Celtics are gonna stay true to who they are. They're not gonna double, they're not gonna switch. They'll try occasionally occasionally blitz Luca, but they're gonna switch everything. They're gonna jack up a lot of threes. They got up forty two to night, they're gonna look to get up They're probably looking to get up fifty. Joe Maszula probably tell him in the locker room, guys as a great win, but can we get up fifty threes? That's that's who they are.
Speaker 6: If he's in the locker room, I'm gonna just be honest. If he's in the locker room saying we need to get fifty three. He needs to be smacked because they have nobody back there when we drove the lane.
Speaker 2: No, there was nobody back there to protect the rim.
Speaker 6: If Gafford is sitting at the three point line trying to stop porzingis.
Speaker 2: So brown and Tatum.
Speaker 6: The fact that you guys are going down there and the guys on the back line is Luca and Kyrie, and you sit here chucking threes. Man, Listen, I don't give a hell if we win in seven games. You fired bro, because this was a sweet If they just attack this basket, get easy layups back door and put the pressure on the back line on Gafford has to sit out there on the three point line like Jason Tatum drove.
Speaker 2: He drove about six times and assumed.
Speaker 6: He was there was rim protection, and he already drove looking to pass the ball.
Speaker 2: He didn't even drive trying to be aggressive. He drove already.
Speaker 6: Thinking past and the defense is like, shit, we thought you was gonna score.
Speaker 2: We didn't even go to hell we so we own our man.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: They have to look at the film. Jason haven't got to look at the fem.
Speaker 1: And say, dang, I just man, this is this is six lamps I should have had. Man, I thought, I thought you from the Holladay post up a PJ.
Speaker 2: Washington, Oh my god, did you see and put it up on the.
Speaker 5: Background when he went underneath the left hand.
Speaker 6: And then and then this is this is exactly what I said. I said, Drew Holliday just posted up.
Speaker 2: PJ. PJ. Washington. Next play down, Tatum has PJ.
Speaker 6: Washington on them, and you sitting at the three point line just not You're just.
Speaker 2: Seeing him get big bodied by a guard.
Speaker 6: If you don't get down there, life skinned with the curly hair, and you just.
Speaker 2: You over there looking did you trying to look at you out here's the three point line? Yeah, come on, straight, light, skinning energy.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: He ain't trying to sweat out there. He ain't trying to sweat.
Speaker 1: But Boston look good. They got him, They got a victory. They win by eighteen Did they win by eighteen tonight?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they won by eighteen, one oh seven and eighty nine. Boston had six guys in double figures. Their entire their entire starting backcourt excuse me, then started The entire starting lineup had had scored in double figures. Plus Perzingers came off the bench and scored in double figures, so they got the work cutout for him, Gil, Yeah, they got this form. It's gonna be a rough one. Sorry, it's gonna be a rough on show.
Speaker 5: I know, I know it's okay, it's okay, it's Porzingis, it's Porzingis. If I knew Porzinga was playing, I was unsure when we talked about the series. We you know, it was it was up in there whether Porzingis was gonna play. So I picked the MAVs, you know, to win in seven, you know, because you know he wasn't playing. So now he's playing, and you know, I apologize, but I gotta steal them a pick.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is is that what we talked about, Gil, if donc excuse me, if for Zingers comes back, he opens it up because he's the guy that your rem protector has to come out. He can't drop it because he could shoot the three. So what you're gonna let You're gonna le him shot shoot around three. You're gonna let him shoot, you know, basically, because that's what he'll be shooting. If you drop coverage, you've got to stay up. So now if you stay up, where's your rim protected? Because they don't like to play the Gaffer and Lively together, they play one or the other. So either gaffers in the game with Jones and Washington or Lively is in the game. But they're not playing both of those guys because they're non offensive guys. So now you're basically playing three on now you're really playing three on five.
Speaker 2: Hey, they have.
Speaker 6: The problem is they don't have anyone coming off this bench that's worth the damn No, they don't.
Speaker 2: Junior he played the day so that was that blowout.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he played a few minutes in inside the real game, but that was my thing.
Speaker 2: What happened to him last last round.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he was hurt or just the lineup because you remember that game too, a gift the Thunder. He probably won that game for he and PJ. Washing because they went crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so so I don't know what's going on with that situation there, but they're gonna need him.
Speaker 2: Same thing with.
Speaker 8: Someone like Jayden uh uh heard Jayden Hardy, right, the young kid.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately he's he's not experienced, but you're gonna need his aggressiveness because you have players on this team that you have started and playing big minutes.
Speaker 2: You know, you got Max, he took one shot.
Speaker 8: You got Gaffer took three shots, all lives, and then you got who took one shot, right, you got Green who took four shots with twenty minutes, and then you got the young fellow who played eleven minutes, took eight shots. You need aggression at this point with Luca because the fact that the other three are playing so much and not even an offensive factor.
Speaker 2: You need Boston to have to guard someone.
Speaker 6: So you're gonna have to put in a guy in this situation that you probably wasn't expecting to play, to play some big minutes because he is the only one that can offset our bitch. Right if you're not gonna play you know Tim Hardaway Junr who.
Speaker 2: Takes a lot of shots. I need Hardy attack the basket attacked.
Speaker 6: I need I need you to have one of those you know, eight straight points because you're very aggressive to change things up.
Speaker 2: He is that guy.
Speaker 6: So they can't afford not to play because they have nobody else.
Speaker 1: Right now, Well, still go definitely have to make some shots. They can't win with Luca. That content to let Luca play one on one and get his But that one assists means nobody else did anything.
Speaker 2: That tells you everything that you need to know. He had won.
Speaker 1: Luca, who was like second or third in assists in the NBA, he had won assist tonight. Yeah, they had nine assists. They had eleven turnovers. Before we get into the news cap, excuse me, yes, before we get in the news cap, I just want to clarify. The Live Tour pre sale code tomorrow is live cap l I v E c ap cap. This code is only for our live viewers. We want to make sure we give you guys first shot at the tickets and with the at the best seats. So the live cap this code is only for our live viewers. We're trying to make sure you get the first chance at the best seats and wherever building, whether it's gonna be Atlanta, whether it's gonna be Houston, or it's gonna be Dallas. We felt that because you guys have been rocked with us the longest, Hey, let's give them.
Speaker 2: Make sure we give the Nightcap Faithful, our.
Speaker 1: Lawless first crack at the best season house.
Speaker 2: So thank you guys, appreciate it. That's live cap.
Speaker 1: That's the code, and it's only for our live viewers. Thank you for your participation and thank you for your support. Really look forward to seeing you guys there. Now it's time.
Speaker 2: For our first segment of the night news cap.
Speaker 5: I got some good information on this too. You got some good information, all right, guys.
Speaker 1: The Lakers are planning to offer the head coaching position to Yukon's coach Dan Hurley. The Signs are expected to have increasingly serious discussions in the upcoming days, with the Lakers motivated to lure Hurley from college basketball. I don't know if I've ever been more shocked, one Laker told the La Times Woes first reporter early Thursday morning, sending a shot wave throughout not just the league, but also through the Laker Lakers on building for weeks, the expectations they said. I heard everybody'd been saying JJ Redkin is the front runner and he's still with Goulde. But with this news, it seems like the Lakers are very, very interested in luring Dan Hurley, the two time back to back national champ from the Yukon Huskies, to be their next head coach of the lock at Los Angeles Lakers.
Speaker 5: What you got on Joe m oh say, so listen, Obviously you told me to get better and not just studying the game of basketball, but being able to sit down with you and Gil and be able to talk about it. So what I've done, I've taken an initiative, and I've been very assertive of myself and using my connections and my resources. So I reached out to Rob Polincoln and Jenny Bust myself. You know, I'm not saying I'm sham. I'm not saying I'm wolves, but I wanted to get up on the beach so I can know what I'm talking about when it comes to the den the situation. So I talked to Rob and I asked Rob, listen, I understand what Dan Hurley has done at Yukon. Obviously, he's he's built a dominant program. He's won a national championship the last two years. Do you think the transition statistically, when we talk about college coaches going to the NBA, do you think that transition will work as well even what he's even with what he's done at the college level, How will players take him? How will players accept him? Will he be will the players be open to being coached by him as well.
Speaker 4: Whose team would it be? Who do you have to talk to first?
Speaker 5: Do you have to talk to Lebron or do you have to talk to a d Will Lebron even be around like that? There were so many factors that, so many factors and variables that went into the short conversation that we did have.
Speaker 4: And for you, Shannon, I just what did they tell you?
Speaker 5: I know, I can't give you much information. We got listen, listen, listen to me. We got we got listen. No y'all laughing, I'm dance heerious. Now, I'm telling you, I asked you a question. They tell you you think, do you I'm going to tell you I asked. They said, because of his tactical out acumen, his ability to coach college players and develop them into somewhat of an elite stature, they say this transition will go very well for the Lakers, And obviously, well, all the players on the Lakers are elite.
Speaker 4: Eight is elite, Lebron is elite.
Speaker 5: And then you have the supporting cast as well, and I'm sure that will jail well together based on how well he's done at the collegiate level. Now, statistically, I'm asking you get like I asked you to statistically, how well do college coaches do when they transition from college to the NBA.
Speaker 1: Obviously, it's different because you're coaching grown men as opposed to kids. Kids are trying to get to the NBA. Everybody that's on that roster is already in the NBA.
Speaker 2: It's different.
Speaker 1: You can't talk to them like you did college kids. More time than not, you're not going to curse those guys. So it's a learning curve for sure. But I mean, I think the thing is that when your coach, you understand that because you don't coach.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe some maybe uh.
Speaker 1: Rested soul, Bobby Knight, maybe there are a few coaches that coach the same way. But I think the really great coaches understand and the coach according to the player that they have. Because everybody is not motivated by force, everybody is not motivated by fear.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you got to pat the guy on the back.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you be facetious with a guy to get the guy to do what you want.
Speaker 2: Them to do.
Speaker 1: So iron fist is not always good. And damn sure not go work in the NBA because you dealing with superstar. They waiting ten times. What you make the kiss? You add right?
Speaker 4: But then you have another problem.
Speaker 5: Now, think about the coaching carousel that the Lakers had, continuas he had. You have brother ham uh Mittervogel. Did I say that last name right? Did I say that right?
Speaker 2: Luke Walker?
Speaker 4: Okay, we're talking about did they did? Did they any of them last over the three years?
Speaker 2: The problem?
Speaker 5: So think about the think about the players. Okay, how are we supposed to mature and get chemistry with a coach and in his scheme and his tactical ways of doing things if every two years you change.
Speaker 2: The coaches Because every two years they changed players too.
Speaker 4: So Okay, I got what you're saying.
Speaker 5: So I think for me, I didn't want to be disrespectful in this conversation that I had with Ginny and Rob, but I think if they're serious, if there's something that they really want to do, I think the long term. I think that's why they're trying to do some long term with brother Dan Hurley. And I think even though I didn't watch the game, but based on his resume and what he's done at the collegiate level, I think it's a good look, especially if Lebron and eighty eighty agree.
Speaker 6: Man, listen, God, this is like this is like uh, fishing for a great white shark.
Speaker 2: In a pond. It ain't dead. This is this is faith you not.
Speaker 6: You're not bringing in no college coach at this point in time to coach the Lakers after he just signed a six year, thirty two million dollar deal, right. The problem with this is everyone expecting JJ to be the coach. Unfortunately, JJ has to work right now. So JJ's going to be the coach now. The problem with this is, you know Lebron, and Lebron said he hasn't talked to talk to Jenny, busting them about any of these two coaches. The only way we believe you is if JJ don't actually get the job. That's the point where if JJ gets the job, Lebron had full control of it.
Speaker 2: So the only way we believe you is if he don't get the job.
Speaker 6: Other than that, I do not care about the coach who we get in this summer though, because the coach himself, I'm telling you right now, there's nothing that do his resume. The resume he has does not account for anything on this level. This is not college basketball. You have not coached pros because they're your coach teams. Here your coach individuals. So therefore is already gonna start in training camp. If I played twenty minutes last year and you come in with a new scheme and you playing me twelve minutes, this shit mean you got a problem anyway. I was used to ficking roll offense, and now you've put me coming off curls and I don't get the same looks that I got, but me and you got a problem.
Speaker 2: So that is what this is. This, this is gonna happen. It is. It is a good thing and a bad thing. Bad thing is you're not gonna ever win over these players. You're you. You you're zero and zero, your.
Speaker 6: Rest, your college resume is nothing, and they gonna talk to you like that.
Speaker 2: The good thing is you.
Speaker 6: Got Lebron, James and ad so you you gonna start off, You gonna your your your coaching career is gonna start off with a d right just like him. You got a nice record to get another job. So if you're gonna use this job to go back to college to be worth more dots of play, I see getting the job for three years then sign a bigger deal going back. But I don't see your success being here. It never really happens for a coach like that. It's only rare. It's only a few coaches that come to this level and then be successful and be here six, seven, ten years.
Speaker 1: It's only a few. Billy Donovan, Billy Donovan had success. He ain't win the championship, but if you look at what he did in OKC, it might have been a lot better had he could have got coach kd Inn the stand. But then it's Chicago. I mean, he finally he's a two time national championship winning coach at Florida coach noah coach, what's the big al? He's coached some really good players, and so that's I don't know if any other can you think it's another coach Gil at the top of your head, that came in out of college and one.
Speaker 2: Of the time because Hoyburg Fred Hoiberg, he was terrible.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, But I mean and the guy and the guy Tim Floyd, do you remember from Iowa State.
Speaker 2: They ended up going to Chicago to try to after Jordan them left a little bit of Rick Patino, yeah, and a little bit.
Speaker 1: Rick had some good years at Boston and think that didn't he go to Jersey? Oh cal Parry Parr was at the net.
Speaker 6: Uh, yeah, it's very slim.
Speaker 5: Let's just say that, right, Okay, Well, with that being said, obviously, particularly the coaches haven't done well college coaches having done that well outside of Billy Donovan in the NBA.
Speaker 4: So listen from a player's perspective. Hell, I, like.
Speaker 5: McGill said, because they don't talk about none of this, None of the big time analyst don't talk about none of this.
Speaker 4: How do the players? How the players going to field?
Speaker 5: So basically, what you just said about his resume not really mattering coming into the NBA. So are you really saying JJ Record is really the better shooter for the job.
Speaker 2: Brad Stevens came out of college too.
Speaker 1: He was at Butler back to back matchally, Uh, they didn't win, but uh he ended up.
Speaker 2: He was the coach when they went to the finals. What are you the coach? No, what's you call with their coach? What's his name? The one that is that Houston? Now gil Oh? I can't think of the name, but what's his name?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know that I don't. I don't want to butcher it.
Speaker 6: Yeah he was a bench player, you know, yeah him, him, he was a buil.
Speaker 2: What's the u? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah him. I mean, I mean a dokah. But you didn't get this. Yeah, I think it's all fools gold. But listen me as a businessman and the outside thinker, this is how I look at stuff like this. If if you, if you really gonna really give this a chance, or think about it. I have a six year, thirty two million dollar deal, so that's about five million a year, right, that means I'm making five point five So in three years on that deal in Yukon, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna make fifteen million.
Speaker 6: The deal that is reported, I'm gonna make ten million a year now, So if I can get this deal, that means in three years I make thirty million, fifteen more than the three years from Yukon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My record of.
Speaker 6: Being with Lebron and nad would be pretty nice bottom line, right, as long as they stay healthy. Bottom line, I'm gonna have a over five hundred record for those three years. I might get a Western Conference and sh if they signed some some some great players, I might get a championship, go back to college.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speak it up with you. Now.
Speaker 6: Remember when I, when I'm on a ten million dollar thirty millions, already made the money I would have made in six years. Now I'm worth a lot more now I'm talking about Hey, six years, sixty seventy. I don't I done double dipped all because the big leagues wanted me.
Speaker 2: It's what Yuros do a lot too.
Speaker 6: A lot of Euros don't come over here, right because all they do is they come get drafted.
Speaker 2: And when they say, oh you got drafted.
Speaker 6: Now, hey, now my triple my head, you're increase yep. So his value increases. So the only way he can get out of the contract is to sign here, make that thirty million, go back down and sign a brand new six million dollar deal, and you already doubled.
Speaker 1: Your profit because he can always go back to college. You look at Richon, he went back to college. John Cava Perry, he went back to the college. But what's what's you coaching the NBA?
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, hold on, hold on, if you can't if if that hardly leaves it. He's Yukon and they feel the position and he coaches for the Laker for two years and gets fired because they don't do well.
Speaker 4: How the hell he gonna go back and take it.
Speaker 1: He ain't got to take that, John, He ain't gotta go back to Yukon. Why you think Rick Patino went back John Cali Perry, they went back. They didn't go back to the net. John cala Perry went back to Memphis and then guess what part lay Memphis job in the Kentucky now he's now, he's at Arkansas. Rick Ptino, Rick Patina with left Providence, went to the NBA, Ben went the well, I think he went to Kentucky. He went for probidence to Kentucky to an NBA back to Kentucky.
Speaker 2: So, oh yeah, it happens all the time. Yeah. But but but.
Speaker 6: If he's binking on being the first coach coach to three peat, he should not He should not have that as a reason to say, because that is most likely not going to happen. Yeah, you lost you lost your best player to the draft, you you know. Yeah, so the fact that you lost him, you're not gonna You're not gonna be.
Speaker 2: The first coaching whatever to do it since Wood and Z.
Speaker 6: That's not gonna be it, So, I mean unfortunately that So if you're gonna go, this is the best time to do it while you're on top, right, because the last time you were there you want a chip.
Speaker 2: Now you played, you did in the NBA. Now you're coming back.
Speaker 6: You learned a lot from Lebron, Lebron, you got the Lebron stamp.
Speaker 1: Now you go back and you sit there. I'm here, right, So what did uh? Where the Patino? He started off at Providence, He went to Uh, he went to Uh he did he?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: He could no. He coached the Celtics.
Speaker 1: You coached the Celtics Louisville, louis He went to Louisville after he was the national championship. He went to Louisville after he had left the NBA. Even after Kentucky Kentucky. Kentucky was after Kentucky was after Boston, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: So he he oh, okay, no, So Kentucky was for Boston. Okay. He went from Kentucky to.
Speaker 1: Boston to Louisville, and then he went he went from property, He went from Providence to the So where do you go out to Providence?
Speaker 2: Nicks?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, yeah, that's okay, that's what I kept him. I know he you know he went to the NBA after propertience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, because so he was a Knicks assistant coach and then got the job in Providence and then came back to coach the Knicks. Then Kentucky, then Boston, then Louisville, then Puerto Rico and Greece and now he has Saint John's.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, now that now, Now Calipari was at you Mass to start, right, he was at you Mass with Camby, the Canby man parlayed. Yeah, he had Camby and then I think he parlayed that to the next job and then he left there, didn't He go to Memphis and from Memphis to Kentucky, Kentucky, Arkansas.
Speaker 6: M he's a sorry, so yeah, he got the Arkansas job, so he went uh yeah, so he had you masks, New Jersey nets. Then he went to Philadelphia as an assistant coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then he went to then he went to Memphis, Memphis, Kentucky, Arkansas. Okay, okay, now we're back. Now we're back on track. Now we're back on track. It's gonna be uh, it's gonna be very very interesting to see, uh what the Lakers see. The problem that the Lakers have. The Lakers have the same problem the Cowboys have. You should be honored to have this job. So what they do They lowball you with the salary and then they help you pick your staff. Well, these are the guys we want on your staff, so we won't.
Speaker 2: Wait what the damn minute. That's what the Cowboys do.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys told Mike McCarthy Dan quinn, it's gonna be your defensive coordinator. This guy's gonna coach this. This guy's gonna coach that. The same thing the Lakers did. What they What do they do for Darvin Ham They filed out of staff. What do they do for Frank Bogul They filed out of staff?
Speaker 2: Same reason? Take the job. Mhmm.
Speaker 1: So I mean don't I mean, hey, check this out.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get the job.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're gonna hire Shannon, You're gonna hire Gil, You're gonna have TJ. You know what I'm saying, Hold on, how you gonna cab who I hire? But that's what they do, and then they lowball you because you should look at after the honor you're coaching the Lakers. You're coaching the Cowboys, so you go back and look at the Cowboys how they do business. They hire your staff for you see what moves.
Speaker 2: The Lakers.
Speaker 6: The Lakers organization, their model is entertainment first. Basketballs taking right, this is the NBA Finals.
Speaker 2: Game one. They interested in the coach.
Speaker 5: Right because they're making news right, and they're taking they're taking on.
Speaker 2: The game three. It might be a whole nother person game. They it's listen.
Speaker 6: They like they they like the girl that come out there with the skirt and the chiche's up.
Speaker 9: Maybe they want you to look at them. What they're gonna keep walking passion, so you'd be like, whoa, that's them. That's they model. They model is we sell entertainment. You got first
Speaker 1: The volume