Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back. It's a brand new episode. This is the Friday Happy Hour, a Laugh with Me podcast with your coote jay. Oh and I am here with a couple of a couple of good pals of eye and Air. Clarson, a giant in the in the industry. Yeah, he's a giant in the transportation industry.
Speaker 2: And my brother Kyle.
Speaker 1: They're here. You heard him earlier in the week on Laugh with Me and they're back to share Happy hour. Joy. You've had a good wedding run though, Yeah, yeah, yeah, when's the last time? What's your last wedding? I mean when I say wedding experience, it's like, all right, we all go to weddings, we all whatever. But Eric's had a run of groomsmen best man? Have you ushered? I've never been an usher, no guest, obviously, you just you had a good run as groomsmen, best man. When's the last time? Like, it's been a while, right.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was probably Bob oh damn the Lake Superior wedding and.
Speaker 1: That was seemed like a lifetime ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that had to be awesome.
Speaker 2: Oh ship Bob.
Speaker 4: Eric looks at me as if that was not awesome, But I bet it was awesome.
Speaker 1: What you don't remember is Bob died that night. Oh Bob, Yeah, and he tried to move on from his memory.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I obviously wouldn't have asked the question if I knew that was the last time.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then you just think we brought it up like this wedding. Yeah, Eric's looking at me like this was not what was up, Bob. I apologize for what's happening right now.
Speaker 1: R I brother, all right, you know.
Speaker 3: And it is kind of interesting too, because I look back at like the Bob wedding.
Speaker 5: I was a groomsman. I was also the wild card.
Speaker 3: Like I always felt like I leaned a little bit into like the mystique of I could be the wild card pole like especially the brides.
Speaker 5: The brides were always just like Eric wild card, Like what's he gonna do?
Speaker 3: Like he's gonna be drinking before the wedding, He's going to be, you know, doing this, Like there was always a bit of fear.
Speaker 1: Do you think they looked at the lineup, like when it was all put together, when they're putting together the wedding party and they're looking at the names and they're just like, you know, honey, I this is this is gonna be great. I love that your friends are involved here. It's gonna be the best day, right, Eric, Though that's a wild card. Do you think that's a conversation?
Speaker 5: I feel like it was, which again to me, is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, you guys know me the listening audience, right, I mean I'm far from a wild card, just a.
Speaker 1: Regular card, just a normal card. He's the seven of spades.
Speaker 5: You play me, you know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, he's the six of spades. If he's thrown down with the ten, you're not quite sure which way to go with it, but you're you're there.
Speaker 3: But I did love like so. Bob's wedding was up on the shores of Lake Superior, like a beautiful venue. All this kind of stuff was great, and it was the least that had ever been asked for me as a groomsman. Like it was literally they they gave me a shirt like I didn't have to get fitted for a tucks.
Speaker 5: They gave me a shirt that was size to me.
Speaker 3: I didn't even have to walk anybody down the aisle.
Speaker 5: They were just like just stand up there with the just like hang out.
Speaker 1: Like were you too much of a wild card? They were like, how do we limit this possibility?
Speaker 3: I think probably the big problem is that we keep calling this friend Bob.
Speaker 5: Bob his name.
Speaker 2: Is Nate, No, I disagree.
Speaker 5: So the family was throwing off. They're just like, oh, how do you know Nathan.
Speaker 1: It's like, who is Nate?
Speaker 5: Nathan? Like this is my buddy mob.
Speaker 1: That was That was a fun time experience. I remember when we rolled up there, I thought it was going to be a great opportunity to like get a nice room and just like have just the best time. Except they gave our room away. So when we got there, we checked. We walked into the room and there's other people's stuff in the room. That's a real thing. And it ended up being the mom of the bride.
Speaker 2: Maybe I would have thrown it out the window.
Speaker 1: They're just the window, right, So then I go down and it's like, hey, there's stuff, but that's the room, and like we're gonna get you taken care of. And then they were sorting out the rooms and in the meantime, here's a credit of like one hundred dollars at the bar because we didn't know where to go. I mean, we're literally just at this resort whatever drink beers, and that's exactly what happened. Yeah, we remember we camped out the bar and people were coming up. We were camping out the bar, and it's like, hey guys, we got a credit, like, let's go, and we had a great time.
Speaker 5: The bar was just like, you're gonna give drinks to him.
Speaker 1: That's wild card, that's wild wild. Yeah, he was on a restriction. Yeah uh yeah. That was a great way to kick off the weekend. But it ended up being a really awesome weekend.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was awesome to kind of pregame that mother fucking bob.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that was the wedding you've had the least amount of responsibility. What would be the wedding you had the most responsibility?
Speaker 5: Was yours?
Speaker 4: Oh boy, why you fucking hard?
Speaker 2: Sorry about the Why do you making work so hard?
Speaker 3: There was no like, out of all the weddings, Evan Groosman, there was no wedding that I had to stand up.
Speaker 5: Sit down.
Speaker 2: Good god, yeah, just standing sitting down.
Speaker 3: Plus, it was the first one I remember remember kind of before we went in for the actual ceremony. You know, I had stuff in my pockets, wallets and that. Like, my parents were were there, they were at the wedding, so I.
Speaker 5: Was just like here, hold this, hold my stuff, hold this stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you know, divested all that, and I'm talking to my parents after the after the ceremony, and they're just like, yeah, I mean you did good. I mean you were swaying up there a bunch.
Speaker 5: It was just like swaying, what do you mean? But they were just like we were supposed be staanding still and you were just kind of like waving like left or right, left or right.
Speaker 8: It's just like, well, now you said being having to stand up here, like what's going on? Like what about Jeremy for forcing me to like sit down like three times?
Speaker 5: Stand up like keep going up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's that's all the work. You had to do a lot of up.
Speaker 4: It looked like wacky inflatable arm flailing tube.
Speaker 2: Man, which there's nothing wrong with that. Well, it's not what he signed up for. And tell you that much.
Speaker 1: He signed up for whatever was coming his way. That's all I'm saying. You also got a nice pair of sunglasses.
Speaker 2: He had to give a speech, You had to give a speech.
Speaker 1: It's wild as it was fun. I'm just saying, and you regret Halloween, what what day would you put it on if it wasn't Halloween.
Speaker 4: I don't regret Halloween.
Speaker 1: Don't regredit It's just become a thing. If you could move it, if you could move it today.
Speaker 4: Well that's that's the thing.
Speaker 5: It sounds like he makes a habit of getting married Halloween.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it having one time, It having one time. I don't know what to tell you, guy. If I would not move it, I would not move it. It's just something. It's just you don't think about that. Like, okay, everyone in Halloween. Now you're like trying to be like, oh, let me give you flowers, like hey, but in reality, you don't have time to say, have anniversary because you gotta motherfucking get the ding porch ready with all these animatronics and like candy and apple, citer and ship.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about this, how about this, guys, we have a friend Grant front.
Speaker 4: Of the pod.
Speaker 2: I voted for him.
Speaker 1: They had a second wedding that him and Kathy had a second wedding, okay, to where they renewed their valves.
Speaker 2: Weddings, No sweatings. You weren't there. You're in Atlanta. For the record, Eric was in Atlantic.
Speaker 1: I officiated it. He's a little bitch. Yeah, where were you, Eric? I officiated it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were all there.
Speaker 5: So here we talked about my biggest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not even Yeah. I went for best man to officiate. That's big. That's a promotion.
Speaker 2: That's a big deal. Eric wasn't even there.
Speaker 3: He was So's birthday tomorrow it is, and he's going to hear about this.
Speaker 1: He should hear about this anyway. Anyway, they had they had a second that a vow renul because they wanted to kind of celebrate on a different day. You know, I like it, and.
Speaker 5: Uh, they have to celebrate both days now.
Speaker 2: No, I think they another day.
Speaker 1: It was a different day, completely different months, different time of year.
Speaker 4: Too many days to remember for me.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's not yours. So then the uh they did this with that in mind. What I'm asking you is, if you guys were to have a vow renol, what day would you pick?
Speaker 4: Oh? October thirty.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, he went from this is such a pain in the ass, never picking up.
Speaker 4: It's not a pan in the ass. You don't think about it though, you're like, yeah, all right, anniversary of what all I got coming up? And then you'd be like, okay, let me do this anniversary stuff and you're like, there's fucking kids knocking on my door.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It just happened so fast.
Speaker 1: Every year, turn your light off.
Speaker 3: I just want to state for the record that we are not replaying.
Speaker 5: You the beginning of this show.
Speaker 6: This is making the same points again.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying. I'm just saying for the record, that's just how it goes down. I don't regret it.
Speaker 2: I love it, but it just hits you fast. Every year.
Speaker 4: It's like, whoa, where did that come from? So there you go, there you go. You have been on Halloween on the pod and over years. Yeah, I was banned. So that's your fault. I don't know if you're aware that's your fault.
Speaker 1: So what have you been up to?
Speaker 4: It's fine, it just been working. Some of us move states. We moved six and a half hours away from where we current.
Speaker 1: We used to live.
Speaker 4: Hey, some of us, Yeah, two thirds of us move across the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then one of us goes to the other one's old house and helps move them. Well, the other one's not there. Kyle, do you ever.
Speaker 3: Have you ever considered the idea that perhaps if Kyle's TV gave.
Speaker 5: You chromes, that moving his TV again could fix the chromes.
Speaker 2: A that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: You still got that TV. I got a TV and it's I'm going to hopefully assume it's like a flat screen that I can just pick up myself.
Speaker 2: Well, you can hang out.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just jump jumping ahead here. But what if you moved this TV into I don't know, a lake?
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go. Okay, now we're talking all right. So little backstory to this. The three of us playing a fantasy football league. It's been around for twenty plus years, and we a few years back, a few years back now, we had a lake draft that there was this old ass TV in the house and after a long night of drafting, we had some ideas about throwing this TV into the lake. Well, as happens, Eric got injured in the process, and also as happens Eric ever since then, just for clarity, the TV never ended up in them now, but we've joked ever since that the TV needs to get in the.
Speaker 5: Lake our environmental impacts.
Speaker 1: Yes, so the TV's evert we did our work, because that's the thing. After that, it was like, Okay, we didn't do it. Here is why great success? What if we did do it? And then it was looking at that. So with that being said, we're kind of still in Johnny. We have solved all of your holiday shopping stress, your needs because the holidays will sneak up fast, but it's not too early to get your shopping done and actually have fun with it. Uncommon Goods makes holidays shopping stress free and joyful with thousands of one of a kind gifts you can't find anywhere else. Uncommon Goods looks for products that are high quality, unique and often handmade or made in the United States. Many are crafted by you independent artists and small businesses, and because they're made in small batches, they are the best fines. But they can sell out fast. Johnny, what I found here, And I'm telling you, Johnny right now, if you use a promo code, I'm gonna tell you that in here in a second, this is what I want for Christmas? Okay. Uncommon Goods has a recycled skateboard display stand, so it looks like a skateboard to just sit on your desk, sit on the bookshelf. I can put my laptop on it. I can work on the show, Johnny, I could be working. I could do your job frankly and look like. I got a little skateboard. I got a little skateboard to work off of, which you know I love.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 1: Even though I'm getting older, I too love a good skate But this recycled skateboard is so cool, and it's just one of the many unique items that you can find on Uncommon Goods. It has something for everyone, from moms and dads to kids and teens. From booklovers, history buffs, eric talking about you and die hard football fans to foodies, mixologists and avid gardeners, you'll find thousands of new gift ideas that you won't find anywhere else. When you shop at Uncommon Goods, you're supporting artists and small independent businesses. Many of their handcrafted products are made in small batches, so shop now before set. They sell out this holiday season, and with every purchase you make at Uncommon Goods, they give back one dollar to a nonprofit partner of your choice. They've donated more than three million dollars to date, so shop early, have fun and cross some names off your list. Two day get fifteen percent off your next gift. Go to uncommon Goods dot com slash laugh with me. That's uncommon Goods dot com slash laugh with me for fifteen percent off. Don't miss out on this limited time offer Uncommon Goods. We are all out of the ordinary, Johnny. If you haven't told everybody this is how you're doing your holiday shopping, you really missed the boat. I mean, that's what That's why I told my family. You're right, there's environmental impacts to that, and not to mention just being a good neighbor. Like there's just a lot of things.
Speaker 4: All right, we're out right official.
Speaker 3: I would like to clarify that, you know, I got injured and how I got injured.
Speaker 5: So I got injured multiple times that night. H The first time was at the bar.
Speaker 1: You got injured at the bar?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we're at the bar and I lived to land at the time.
Speaker 5: There was a bar near the cabin, kind of a kind of a small town type of bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, small community regular is only basically I.
Speaker 5: Got a walk.
Speaker 3: You know, I felt like I was big stuff, you know, being living in Atlanta because I was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna cover the whole tab.
Speaker 5: So we had had some beers, we had.
Speaker 3: Some shots as a group, and I got the tab and it was like twenty four bucks, and I felt like, just I'm the richest person in the world, Like, yeah, I'm gonna pay this. I'm gonna leave a twenty dollars tip, like like they're gonna talk about big money Eric Atlanta Eric for like years.
Speaker 4: At this the people at the bar still are yeah, yeah, And we definitely talked about it for at least five minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I so actually didn't even remember this until we.
Speaker 5: Were all sitting around this table and somebody.
Speaker 3: I feel like maybe I was talking to the group about how generous I was.
Speaker 1: And there's nothing great than that.
Speaker 5: I think I was.
Speaker 3: I think I was like extolling my virtue, and I feel like it was probably Kyle actually, now that I've been talking here and just hearing Kyle's reaction to my story, like somebody kind of like and it was just like, you know what we need to go, So.
Speaker 5: Like I feel like the group.
Speaker 3: Was still r and so to prove how serious I was about us leaving, I created a fist in my right hand and I punched down into the center of the table, just a tremendous boom, and I'm pretty sure that that knocked about two of my fingers knuckle.
Speaker 1: But did everybody get the point?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well we all gathered up.
Speaker 4: Probably worth it, and you're like, let me make this go quicker.
Speaker 3: Yes, And then I mean we obviously didn't get JJ's shoes.
Speaker 5: It was a mistake.
Speaker 6: But so we got back. You know, we walked back.
Speaker 3: It was about thirty minute walk from the bar. I mean ten minutes for normal people, thirty minutes for us. Oh yeah, to get us back to the cabin. And then we decided that we were going to.
Speaker 5: Carry the TV. And so we're carrying the TV.
Speaker 3: I had one side of it, somebody else had the other side, and there was about ten other people around that were just hovering.
Speaker 1: Well, so your hand was injured before, so yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean I did not feel it. I did not feel it. So we're going through. We're carrying this TV to the lake and there was this pipe that was like sticking up out of the ground and I nailed one of my feet like toe first, like into that pipe as I was carrying the TV.
Speaker 4: Which is true, but it has nothing to do with his hand being injured.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: So like that, like I almost dropped the TV.
Speaker 3: At that point, it was it was a group It was a group activity to not drop the TV.
Speaker 1: How many people are carrying this TV? Because I distinctly remember me not carrying it, but being out there watching you guys car these folks not getting chroned. So I was like, well, this was your TV.
Speaker 6: We already established that you were.
Speaker 1: There bigger than you were there were well Dan.
Speaker 4: Dan brought something and I was out of it. I was not with the rest of the group at this point. I remember the bar and I don't remember after the bar, so I was just gone.
Speaker 3: So we're carrying the TV across the lane and we run into basically there's a retaining wall that goes from the edge of the lawns down to the sand that would be the beach, and so we got the TV to the edge of that and then these you know, eight or nine great minds that were left in our group at that time, we could not figure out how to surmount this obstacle. How how do we get this TV past the retaining Like we're throwing it in the lake. Yeah, yeah, but we don't know how to get it, Like in this retaining walls only about three foot tall, but there's some bushes on the bottom, and it is all true.
Speaker 5: We end up we end up failing. We do not get the TV any far than that. We end up having to like haul it back into the house.
Speaker 1: I think I remember when when you got when you hit that pipe in the ground and hurt your foot, and I quickly realized this thing's not going to I think I was just like, I'm going up to see what's going on the house? What was?
Speaker 3: But that was the next morning I woke up and it was like two of my knuckles on my right.
Speaker 5: Hand were incredibly swollen.
Speaker 3: And then on my foot, I had like three toes that were just like had been displaced and swollen, and it was just like what like and they were all on the right side, like it.
Speaker 1: Was just have a stroke?
Speaker 5: What is happening here?
Speaker 2: That's how you know you had a good Fantasy football draft?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I just yeah, I always think back to that and I'm just like that that retaining wall, like if we just like, if we would have had any guidance, there would have been any leadership. If there would have been a single leadership brain cell like left in the route there, we just would have walked around the retaining wall. Yeah, but instead we got to it and it's just like, well, how do we hand it down?
Speaker 6: Well, we've already set it down, so we don't want to lift it again.
Speaker 4: There's literal stairs maybe eight feet from where you were trying to go over the wall.
Speaker 1: There's some smart people that have their fantasy draft that like b dubs and just have their draft and then have a couple of beers and go home, and then we're like, how do we get this TV in the lake? And then we can't even get there and then the TV ends up going back up to the house. Oh, it's absolutely ridiculous, honestly.
Speaker 4: So we lost Eric. So that's part of this pod.
Speaker 1: No, he's going to the fridge.
Speaker 4: He's gonna see definitely gone forever.
Speaker 1: No, he's going to fridge, he's gonna see what's gotta be.
Speaker 4: Hey, you've added Rancid and out come the Wolves to the studio and that's just top tier edition into studio.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate that. I'm actually and i I'm going to be kind of reorganizing that whole wall. But I've got some I've got some new ship coming that I think you're going to be excited about.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I haven't been hearing about one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm aware. Just been on the bottom every year. You haven't been around.
Speaker 4: It's just been working.
Speaker 1: It's good though, No, No, working's good. Yeah. I do have Rancid outcome the Wolves up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that wasn't here last time.
Speaker 1: Dookie's new.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got a lot of good stuff here. Podcast friends, send in what you listen to, and if it's not Rancid or Dookie, you're wrong. I don't tell you about that.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 4: This is true.
Speaker 1: We have to ban them from the podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fine. I had to deal with the band, so you're definitely banned, folks. I'd rather not ban the listeners just saying.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying. It happens.
Speaker 1: It happens, but it's all good, true, so true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what else is going on?
Speaker 1: How's it feel to podcasts here in the shadows of Juan Soto Pinstripe and he's not a Yankee anymore?
Speaker 2: Well, so this is Jersey's bullshit.
Speaker 4: But also I will say, Won Soto should be Yankee and one Soto is quickly finding out what it's like to not bat Judge. Yeah, like the Yankees loved you, the fans loved you. You could have made a billion dollars. Now you're making a billion dollars, but no one cares about you.
Speaker 1: So that's so funny because he called it out. But just a few weeks ago and they were asking him about he is not off to a hot start, and he's just like, well, I was batting, you know, before or after one of the greatest hitters, and people were like, oh, because you're not hitting after some of the greatest, like in your lineup, and it's like, jeez, Aaron Judge, you're gonna you're gonna really put that that terrorist that plays first base for the Mets, as you know, as equal to Aaron Judge. And yes, he's a terrorist. It might get flagged for saying that.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't flag us. We're laughing with us.
Speaker 1: No, he's a terrorist. Beat Alonzo. That's it, he's a terrorist.
Speaker 4: We're all on board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're a name dropping here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying is you have the chance to bat in front of Aaron Judge. For a decade, and instead you were like, I'm going to go to the Mets. And I don't know what there is to say to that other than you don't care about yourself. You care about just dollars, which.
Speaker 2: Is fine, I mean, which is fine. I'm not gonna hate.
Speaker 3: Let's say, just for the for the record, I mean, the Mets have twenty eight wins this year.
Speaker 5: Yankees only have twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I mean kind of seems from the team perspective that he might be doing just as good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right. If the team all bets like, you know, two twelve, then let's score some runs and win some games.
Speaker 5: But you know, twenty eight wins.
Speaker 4: If Soto could mother flap and hit the ball, they might win more than Trank.
Speaker 1: Grisham's been doing pretty good for the time.
Speaker 2: Uh, Tran Grisham been awesome.
Speaker 4: So uh, we got Trank Gresham, we get the Padres about one hundred players, and somehow they got fleeced out of the deal.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that math works out, but it did.
Speaker 1: We didn't get fleeced, Oh, fleeced.
Speaker 4: Straight up fleeced like blanket been and ace. You are correct, and he's free agent. After this year, he's gonna resign with the Yankees. But I'm glad that you get to use him for a year. They get you zero championships.
Speaker 1: There is zero chance of Michael King's resigning with the Yankees because he's getting an extension with the Padres.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's put it yet it, let's put it. Let's bet number one of all time in history of King.
Speaker 2: This oldest season.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, this is the first Laugh with Me podcast bet of all time, all time, of all time, all time, number one. Michael King, starting pitcher for the Padres, is going to re sign with the Yankees next season. Okay, where's the before we before we do anything beyond this. Okay, you're saying he will sign the eighties. I say he won't. What if he signs somewhere else.
Speaker 4: That's just off the board.
Speaker 2: That's not a possibility.
Speaker 1: So the best a wash?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, what are we betting?
Speaker 4: Motherfucking what do you want to bet? Am I allowed to say, motherfucking yeah? Ask you?
Speaker 2: Well, the fucking I don't know what the fuck is going on? If he signed somewhere else?
Speaker 4: Oh, what's the bet?
Speaker 3: That was the question?
Speaker 1: We actually did you read the article about the pod? We are wildly wholesome this podcast?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, is this podcast two hundred?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, folks, we made it podcast two hundred.
Speaker 1: Nope, I think this is episode eighty eight.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Eighty eight, eighty nine somewhere there, folks.
Speaker 4: We don't really know where we're at, but we're not at two hundred.
Speaker 5: Yeah, under one hundred.
Speaker 1: Rock to hundred okay, okay, I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you save that audio?
Speaker 2: Closing in on folks?
Speaker 1: Now we are on the road to one hundred. Okay, okay, okay, which is a giant milestone in this industry. But the two hundred would be something as well. Someday.
Speaker 6: Okay, I feel like that's the closer to the show.
Speaker 5: Now, on the road to two hundred.
Speaker 1: Two hundred, you have been gone a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you banned me, so so there's that part of it.
Speaker 2: He's like, you just keep having Eric.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna come.
Speaker 2: Here's the deal.
Speaker 4: Kyle was the first guest.
Speaker 2: Kyle got the folks in here.
Speaker 4: Now we have Eric.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, I've only been like, this is only the second time I've been on the show.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a lie sad that you can recognize at the time being on the Laft podcast. Oh right, we did have the air we you were on once and then now he's on again. That's number two whatever.
Speaker 3: Uh do you guys see the news that Rock Purty signed a new contract.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tifty some million, five.
Speaker 3: Years, hundred and sixty five million to sixty five puts him ahead of uh Joe Burrow.
Speaker 4: Actually I feel good because that's a terrible decision by the Niners.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Fine, I could see that.
Speaker 1: It's it's one of those things. It was kind of like when when you know, three four years ago whatever that was when Tatis signed that fifteen year deal whatever, and it's a lot of money, but it was like, oh shit, in four or five six years, that's gonna be the value of the century. I mean, I guess Joe's gonna be, but it's Joe gonna then in a year or two be like, guys, well, and that's where gonna need a structure.
Speaker 5: The chiefs, I.
Speaker 3: Mean have been very active, like mahomes. Yes, they've restructed that over and over twice.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they.
Speaker 2: Know that's with him being a little bit right.
Speaker 3: But that was always like when the Vikings offered the when they did the contract with Cousins when he first came over, Yeah, and it was just like this is ridiculous. And then it was like two years in, it was just like, well, you're paying for the fourteenth quarterback and you've got the fourteenth quarterback money going to him, like it seems pretty logical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Cousins just got so much money.
Speaker 2: But Mahmes is a little bitch.
Speaker 1: For the record, Cousins is an all time guy, all time, all time getting paid and you know, for what he gives.
Speaker 3: He's like I I feel like Sam Bradford had that for a while because he was the last quarterback under the old rookie contracts.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: And then he's still got a couple of deals after that. But yes, I mean Cousins absolutely, I mean got to chase that paper.
Speaker 1: I think he's got another big contract in him even.
Speaker 2: Oddly enough, I do as well.
Speaker 1: Don't you think, because he's not gonna be in Atlanta.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anybody's gonna trade for him, no under that.
Speaker 1: But he's gonna get out of whatever get that money. He's still gotta get that money.
Speaker 3: They're not going to cut him, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, because he'll just sit it out. I mean, he's too smart. I mean, this is a fantastic business for a guy like him. But then he's still good enough in a market that needs a guy who can go in and run your offense. That he's gonna get paid, and that's his value. They're gonna pay him. It's incredible, all time guy. He should make the Hall of Fame just because of his contract.
Speaker 4: Do you think, no, No, he's doing what. No.
Speaker 2: We got all time great players who aren't even.
Speaker 5: Who would you tell?
Speaker 6: Who would you put in the Hall of Fame ahead of him?
Speaker 4: I got so many players, name one, Gino Atkins, defensive tackle, Cincinnati Bengals, all time great. I will kill you. Don't that on the podcast. You can't put threats on the podcast, But Eric watching.
Speaker 1: Back, this thing's gonna get flagged for me calling Pete Alonso a terrorist and you threatening the life.
Speaker 4: Yeah I did.
Speaker 2: I really didn't mean to go there.
Speaker 1: First, first time guest for the record, he said who?
Speaker 4: He said who? Meanwhile, he's like aware of the Williams Wall, which is like, oh, we stopped the run in the nineties or whatever the hell, No one cares that you stopped the run, get out of here.
Speaker 2: Great, that's my whole point.
Speaker 4: Your dumb ass d tackles that stopped the run made the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Great, We're all proud.
Speaker 4: What about the folks that stopped the run and mother flapping rushed the passer, which is the whole point of the game. What about those guys. Yeah, yeah, Jared Allen's on the god dang outside. Guy, he's not on the inside, But I'm proud he wrote a fucking horse video. Great.
Speaker 2: I like Jared.
Speaker 4: Allen was a cowboy image.
Speaker 5: He did not play for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, NFL's about image.
Speaker 4: If you can create cool videos and make a WW star out of yourself, you get in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: If you're just quiet and do your job, get argument. He rose, Hey, hey, oh my god, I can't believe you brought that up.
Speaker 4: How bullshit is it that the dude dies and they're like, oh, he's ready to go in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: Like, go fuck Yourself's MLB. I hope he never gets in the Hall of fame.
Speaker 1: That was literally the statement was well. The band was really for just when you're alive.
Speaker 5: What I love about that.
Speaker 3: Is they're like trying to separate themselves from like the Pete Like, this isn't due to Pete Rose, this is just any player. Yeah, like shoeless Joe Jackson, he threw died like eight years ago.
Speaker 1: Correct, they threw.
Speaker 3: Him, you know, it's the same thing. I mean, he's dead, so so dumb.
Speaker 1: They threw in shoeless Joe strictly to try to make their point of this as not a Pete Rose thing, you know, which is just obnoxious, so dumb. So do you think he gets in because I still don't think he gets in.
Speaker 6: I don't think he does.
Speaker 3: But the biggest reason is that again they call it it's rule twenty one, Like the NFL does not have Like the NFL says.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, Pete Rose played baseball.
Speaker 6: But no, But the NFL says, only what happens on.
Speaker 5: The field matters.
Speaker 6: Oh, baseball does not.
Speaker 1: They do not have that.
Speaker 3: Baseball has rule twenty one that basically says like did you carry yourself?
Speaker 6: And I mean that was.
Speaker 3: Why Seelig did not pardon Rose was because he said, like there's never been a single statement that he's made where he's said anything about regretting breaking the rule which again a viewer of the sport can bet on it, but the sport has been very clear that saying that a player or a manager cannot bet on it. There's never been any there was never any statement that Pete Rose made in his entire life that showed any remorse or any Hey, I knew it was wrong.
Speaker 5: I made a mistake. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: He never said that he made money off it.
Speaker 5: He made money off of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so that there is a question on whether or not he'll get voted in. He won't be eligible to get voted in for two more years, so to be twenty twenty seven will be the first time that they can hear his argument on it. But it's not a slam dunk that he's going to go in there.
Speaker 4: I'm glad.
Speaker 2: Never apologize.
Speaker 4: That's so dumb.
Speaker 1: So you say he should be in for the play on the field, sure, but if what he's saying is it goes beyond that, and it's just about the integrity.
Speaker 5: Of the game.
Speaker 4: He bet on the Reds to win.
Speaker 1: Allegedly, right, isn't that a legend?
Speaker 5: I don't think that's alleged.
Speaker 1: It's for sure he bet I'm I'm right here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he definitely on the games.
Speaker 1: I get that, But did he bet for them to win or to lose? Was? I think was what we're arguing, right, Yeah, because you said to win, and I'm saying, is that real? Like, because I was in the understanding that he could have said the other way too, and that was that's the moral dilemma.
Speaker 5: No, he never bet it.
Speaker 3: I don't think that anybody's ever said that he bet against his team. But the fact is is that there is a rule, and the rule extends even to now that if you're in the sport, you don't bet on it. Like that's that is the rule.
Speaker 1: And that's the way it should be. Yeah, you shouldn't be able to better.
Speaker 4: You could bet on it. If you go to Cincinnati and you go to Great American Ball Park and you see this statue Pete Rose laid out straight sliding into home. You're getting that guy of Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: They have a statue.
Speaker 4: Fuck yeah, right outside stadium. It's great, really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's you know, it's very eerie timing that the same day that they announced that Pete Rose was eligible to be voted to the Hall of Fame, Cincinnati did a Pete Rose Day at the baseball Stadium.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Saying that they knew ahead of time that this was going to come down, or that Cincinnati informed the commissioner that, hey, we're doing this day.
Speaker 5: Would be great if you said this here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there was a day like a Pete Rose event. The same day is playing.
Speaker 1: I I think I saw this online. Is there truth to every year when they do the Pete Rose Day? Like they just did you know this last week that they put his corpse out there all weekend at Bernie style and he just kind of goes out and throws off the first pace? Is that really what happens? Is that real?
Speaker 4: Eric don't know Rose so we can have Pete Rose Day.
Speaker 1: I read that.
Speaker 3: He hasn't been dead for a full calendar year. I don't know that you can say that this is any sort of habit if you've seen it happen that that was the first and only time it's happened so far.
Speaker 1: So if I've seen it before, that was actually him. Yes, yes, he looked dead, so all right, that's fair. It's if you live that long in Vegas, you would beat like that. I saw him twice in Vegas sign a baseballs baby.
Speaker 5: Friend of friend of the pod Nate.
Speaker 3: He got a picture of Pete Rose before the selfie era. Yeah, but he basically took the over the shoulder shot of Pete Rose because if you wanted to take a picture of him you had to pay money.
Speaker 1: Man, if he would have just I know it was before selfie era, but imagine had it been like a legit selfie, you get kind of his face and legendary picture.
Speaker 6: Get the like the fists of the bouncer, like Kevin out side of the frame.
Speaker 5: That would have been.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I agreed, agreed, man, hall of fame. Dude, do you think you guys will be in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 4: I think so. I'm pretty good. You banned me, but I'm back, so back, I think so. Eric just fucking drunk, but that yeah, yeah, he's had.
Speaker 1: A beer in a half. He he just yeah, he just had his first beer.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you know Eric drinking half? Eric gone.
Speaker 1: Just drinking half the Guard.
Speaker 4: Team extream.
Speaker 5: It's my first time on the podcast.
Speaker 1: This is Eric's first appearance. Laughingly, you guys have fired, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Whatever, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's a was about to ask you guys, got anything else? No, I think we're on the road of two hundred.
Speaker 2: I thought we hit two hundred.
Speaker 1: Are you laughing all the noise upstairs?
Speaker 2: I didn't hear the noise upstairs until.
Speaker 4: You just mentioned that.
Speaker 1: And there's a lot of noise because I'm the one was headstones on. I hear Old upstairs and these headphones.
Speaker 4: I thought this was a professional podcast. What that ship give me headphones?
Speaker 1: Well, you're the one that was like, let's not record in the studio. Yeah that's fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Friday Happy Hour in the studio.
Speaker 1: Road to two hundred