Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our one on this Thursday. Gangs here ready to go, our starting lineup, Fritzy in the back row with Dylan, Marv, Pauliers truly and of course the contributions of the backroom guys. Phone calls always welcome. Tyler sitting by eight seven to seven three. DP Show Email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. Good morning. If you're watching on peacock, Thank you downloading the app for the NBC Sports Network radio affiliates, iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio over four hundred affiliates around the country. Play the day poll question, stat of the Day. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America. The official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show in this first hour of this occasionally nominated sports show, brought to you by tyre Rack for over forty years, helping you find the right tires for hal and what and where you drive, ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection, convenient instantly options like mobile tire installation, tire rakdakkackackact dot com. The way tire buying should be My Golden Knights at the Hurricanes Game two coming up tonight. Last night, the Knicks over the Spurs by ten. There was a twenty four point turnaround. The Knicks were down by fourteen and then all of a sudden they end up winning by ten. The scary part is now the Spurs won't play this badly, but the Knicks will play better because Brunson didn't have a great game for the first three quarters. But you want to talk about a closer, and there's very few of these players. There's a lot of guys who were great those first three quarters. Fourth quarter. Jalen Brunson has been unbelievable and the numbers back this up. In the fourth quarter this postseason, he's shooting fifty nine percent from the floor, sixty two percent from three point range, ninety three percent from the free throw line. He has every shot he's got, you know, go right, shoot left, go left, shoot left, pull up, little tear drop. He can shoot the three. And he didn't have a good game last night. I mean, that's the scary part. The Spurs and Victor wemben Yama looked a little spent, and understandably so. But Wemby is settling for threes that can't happen. He's got to go inside to then go outside. You gotta put some people in foul trouble. I don't want you shooting threes. Now you can shoot threes, I don't want you taking nine threes. Dearon Fox has to act like a guy who's getting paid fifty million dollars a year, because that's an embarrassing notion. I didn't understand. It felt like Dylan Harper was the best player on the floor there for a while, and then all of a sudden, I go, where is Dylan Harper? So there were a few things that were kind of puzzling last night. But Darren Fox, now this is a guy who once won the Clutch Player of the Year award back in twenty twenty two. Twenty twenty three, Harper scores sixteen, their leading scorer midway through three quarters. He plays four minutes in the fourth quarter. I don't know if there was something else, if there's injury, if there's analytics, but I was puzzled by that. Carl Anthony Towns, come on down. You played great, and this is what you wanted from Chad Holmgren. You wanted aggression, and this is what Karl Anthony Towns did. He took it to Victor Winbinyama and lived to tell about it. That was one of the big differences, Josh Hart. If you look at the stats and you go, man, not a good shooting night. He did everything else. We talked about this a couple of weeks ago. Every team has one of these guys. If you're winning a championship, you gotta have one of these guys. Could be Caruso with OKC. I mean, down through history, championship teams have one of these guys. You had fifteen rebounds, you have six assists, four steals. He was plus twenty two when he was on the floor. A glue guys what we called them, but man, every loose ball. I was surprised if somebody else got a loose ball when he was on the floor. He was that impressive. Here is Jalen Brunson being asked about the comeback, and you.
Speaker 3: Guys comebacks in so many games. Resilience has been the story of your season. Is there a sense of calm or familiarity when you're in that situation, you know, trailing in the second half. I don't want to say calm this, but I think we know what we have to do. I think we're a pretty together group, be able to trust each other and still just get to you to fight out each other's back, and just know that we gotta keep chipping away, chippy away. It's a credit to the ben teller we have as a team. But I mean we catch just be satisfied that we have a long way to go. We a lot of things we can do to be better, but have it begin with a win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this isn't a coincidence. This is who they are. This is their identity. Down twenty two, we'll come back, down fourteen NBA Finals, We'll come back. And that's one of those each possession, this is what coaches tell you. You're not gonna have a ten point play. Each possession, each possession, chip away, chip away, chip away. And that's what they did last night. But when you look at the Spurs, I looked at their turnovers. Half of their turnovers. We're in the fourth quarter. That's a tired team. And I give credit to the Knicks. You know, they put the pressure on them, even Jalen Brunson was playing defense. Now I don't stats can lie sometimes, but according to the Mothership, the Spurs were one for fourteen with Jalen Brunson as the primary defender, including zero for seven in the second half. When did he become Gary Payton? I mean, do you want that? Because we've heard all along Kat and Brunson don't play defense very well. Last night, I didn't think the Knicks played well. I think they played well when they needed to, and the Spurs got to figure out exactly what is their game plan and stick to it because it felt like, hey, this guy comes in, because that's what we've done all along, We're going to take that guy out. It felt analytical. It felt a little too you know, like think analytic dependent, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 4: And another thing was I thought somebody like Jose Alvarado had a really big end of the first half when Brunston got hurt with that knee injury, when Harrison Barnes went into his knee and he came in to sub in, he came up big here, like seven points. And if you get seven points from Jose Alvarado, yeah, that's huge. Landry Shammon thirteen points. If you get twenty points out of those guys, that is huge because you're not expecting that from night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Knicks fans have reminded me. Didn't you say the Knicks didn't have a great bench yet? You're right, I did, but they did last night and we talked about this. There is something about this team and it is a team. It is a team. When I talk about Spurs, I usual just talked about Victor Webbenyama with the Knicks. Yes, it's bruns and heavy, but it is a true team. Og nanobe like, you're gonna ask these guys to just give me something, and it might be your defense against Wemby. It might be, you know, give me five minutes, come in and spell this guy. Whatever it is, the Knicks will play better, but the Spurs better. Yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 5: The other thing I was wondering you mentioned this before not playing Dylan Harper much in the fourth quarter. Do you think that's some type of analytics play where you stick to the plan that got you where you are now?
Speaker 2: I hope not.
Speaker 5: It felt like it, yeah, because could you analytics people ignore their gut? I would assume, I believe, so. I don't like that at all.
Speaker 2: I think there's just a feeling sometimes you've been at a game, or maybe you've been in a game where all of a sudden you just go it's my night, or it's not my night, it's not our night, and you might have to disrupt that. But it felt like Dylan Harper was the best player on the floor for a little while there and then all of a sudden he didn't get to play. Yes, uh, yes, touch and analytics.
Speaker 6: Often to me speak to normally in this situation or generally or usually it is no definites even with numbers, so there is room for or gut instinct though as far as what you're saying, it's an off night or I just have a thing, this guy should be playing more minutes, So this one needs.
Speaker 7: To come out, yes, Dylan, Yeah, and analytics makes more sense in uh, slower paced sports like football and baseball. But there's basketball such a momentum thing and it's constant, so it's like there's a flow, particularly in the playoffs, where it's like sometimes you just got to use some intuition.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I agree with that that baseball is a matchup and it's a pitch and then you you know, everything slowed down. This is I mean, you want to use analytics playing blackjack, I'm fine with that, but there's a flow to the game, there's a there is a gut feeling, and I think gut feeling should override analytics at times, and it you know, you're dependent on that and it's like you got a notebook and it tells you what to do. But it felt like there was something that was off. Also, at the very end of the game, Jalen Brunson goes to Scott Foster and he said something, but he he's saying something to Scott Foster, but he's saying it past Scott Foster, like something is going on here. And I didn't know if he was complaining about he was getting banged up, because you know, he got banged up twice last night. But Chris Haynes, great NBA reporter, is going to join us next hour, and he talked to Brunson about that moment, So I don't know what was going on. But he was animated is too strong of a word, but he was bothered by something. Now, I don't know, it's not like Scott Foster goes, you know, hey, why are you yelling at me? Or don't be talking to me that way. He was saying something as if was there something in the crowd. It was just a moment that I thought was out of character for Jalen Brunson. But we'll find out about that coming up next hour. Your phone calls are welcome. You got to pull question for the first hour of the program, Dylan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we have a couple Dan for starters. What was the bigger impact on the game last night, the Knicks playing well or the Spurs playing objectively not well.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the Knicks made the Spurs not play well, So I'm giving the Knicks the credit here. They played. They played like I expected them to play. I thought Brunson would be better. He didn't play well early, but then all of a sudden, it's fourth quarter, game on the line, ball in his hands. Things happen, Karl Anthony Towns being aggressive, Josh Hart being aggressive, OG and Nnobi being aggressive, guys coming off the bench contributing. I mean, if you can win games and Brunson doesn't play like we expect him to get thirty five, that's kind of scary because you've already got the split here in San Antonio. Now you're five and a half point underdogs coming up in Game two, which doesn't matter to the Knicks, but I'm just saying this for the betting crowd. You've already gotten what you wanted to get here. Now you go for the jugular. Now you go, Hey, you know what, let's push them even harder this time around. Uh. If not, you go back to the garden, and the garden is going to be waiting. I think that'll be an interesting element here of the aggression. You know, the spurs. I don't know where you get your energy from. If you don't have it in game one, where are you getting it in game two? Yes? Doing Yeah, And.
Speaker 7: It's like the Knicks are basically playing with house money relative. You know, you go in to San Antonio as underdogs when a slug fest in game one, and it's like, whatever happens next game? If they lose, we're back to square one.
Speaker 2: What's what are the other pool questions?
Speaker 7: Paula sent one over. Okay, if you need a two to win a playoff game, who are you taking Jalen Brunson, Shag Gilgess, Alexander Luka, Doncic or other?
Speaker 2: Well, it's gonna be recency biased. I would take Brunson because I've seen it happen late in games, and that's if you're talking about, Hey, you got a you're taking a two here. Well, I'm assuming we're not talking about first three quarters. We're talking about late in the game. Brunson gets his shot, and he's got every shot. Now, I know Luca has every shot. Shay gilgis no not necessarily a great three point shooter. There's a lot of guys who can get points, get buckets. But I've seen Brunson do this at a very high level, and I would I would take him. He has this inate ability. And I talked to Reggie Miller about this. It's you gotta know angles and Paulie and I talk about Chris Paul. Chris Paul wasn't really that athletic. He wasn't big, he wasn't strong, he wasn't quick, not a jumper. He just floated and he looked for the angle. He looked for his spot. And that's what Brunson does. Steve Nash used to do this. Nash would go underneath the basket, you know, like Gretzky would get behind the net and then feed his teammates. Steve Nash would just kind of room and then they look for their moment. And that's what Brunson does. It's I need to get to that spot, or if I don't get there, I can get there. He always has a plan B and I think that's the beauty of seeing creative scores. And he is truly a creative score because he has to be. It's not like he can go I'm Durant. I'm seven foot and I'm you know, seven to nine wingspan. See if you can get my shot. Runson's not a big guy.
Speaker 7: Yes, Jim Durant though, prime Durant. If you need a two to win a game? Oh maybe all time?
Speaker 2: He yes, absolutely, Yeah, he's one of the greatest scorers all time. I mean, you're not picking somebody where I go. I didn't think of him. Kevin Durant. How many points has he scored? I don't know, thirty thousand? Couple? All right, Well, take a break. Phone calls coming up, settle on a poll question. Got a busy day on this Thursday. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w app. Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio, hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Two Pros and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd, Stu Gottsaid Company Live, Cavino and rich On, Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show. Fox Sports Radio on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away. Another question not answered last night. You got Keldon Johnson sixth Man of the Year. You play him eight minutes four minutes less than Harrison Barnes two minutes less and Luke Cornett okay, uh? The darn Fox mystery. Dylan Harper sitting out, not really playing much in the fourth quarter four minutes. So some puzzling movements there last night as it kind of melted down for the Spurs. There's a fan that ran on to the court taking a selfie with Victor Wendanyama. I'm surprised we don't have more of that in the NBA because of the proximity of the seats. You know, where a football stadium, baseball stadium. You know you have to jump over, jump down, run too basketball. You're kind of right there. No nobody in the front row is going to do it because they don't want to give up those expensive seats first five rows. You're not going to be doing that. But somebody ran on the floor taking a selfie with Victor wen Danyama ushrim off police, Like, oh, there should be a moment where these security guys get to rough him up and I go, no, no, no, I.
Speaker 5: Would not be polite with him as he's escorted off the floor. They should make sure that he was really close to Wemby, like arm's length and security. I know doesn't expect it, but don't. I don't think he deserves politeness. Anyone deserves politeness when they run.
Speaker 2: On the floor. Well, you won't get politeness when we get you out of the specter of eighteen thousand fans. Now, you just don't let him back in. He doesn't get to go back to a game. That's it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Dylan, I feel like it feels different if it's like a girl runs onto the court, it feels like less of like a potentially threatening thing than a guy.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you can't think that way. No, I mean MORGANA the Kissing Bandit used to do this all the time. But MORGANA was a very endowed stripper. I think we're retired stripper. There you go and she I mean it would take her a while to get to, you know, Nolan Ryan on the mound. I g'd be like, and here she comes Morgan of the Okay, I got that. But then when guys run on the football field, I have no problem with you tackling them. I mean, in that environment, you can tackle them. And now I hope football players don't do that, but if they happen to, it's okay. Run on the field. Hey, look at me. Baseball guys running in the outfield running away from security guys, yes, time and.
Speaker 7: Security I would think are trained.
Speaker 8: They have to assume the worst.
Speaker 6: This person isn't necessarily going to just look for a photo or shake someone's hand and hug them.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't know what they got carrying in their in their pocket.
Speaker 2: By the way, that's quite an outfit you got on today.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 8: I'm on the Mix of City Dance team.
Speaker 6: With my wristbands.
Speaker 2: You look like if there's an AARP version of the Knicks dance team. Well, no, just your age, but you have your Knicks shirt on.
Speaker 6: I got Nicks pants and I got Royal blue wristbands and it's kind of goofy, but I thought I dress you know, I like to play dress up at the news of the day, you know, warrants.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's called playing dress up.
Speaker 7: I called play dress up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, for a fifty six year old man to put on something that like maybe you know, a seven year old would wear, that's gonna questionable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you are a diehard Knicks fan.
Speaker 8: I'm all about the Knicks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, Paul, Okay, let's be the jury for this young man who ran on the court. I looked it up and I don't think he's been given a punishment yet. But here are some of the recent punishments for people have run on the court in the NBA. The home team can ban him for life or for the rest of the season. There could be criminal charges for trespass or disorderly conduct, or a league wide ban. The entire NBA can bar the individual. What would you guys do? Just not let him come back in the arena.
Speaker 2: That's it. I mean, do I give him a lifetime ban. I'd have to know more about him. It's not a big deal to me. Like he came on the floor, Okay, something stupid happens, nobody got hurt. Take him off the floor. You don't let him back for a year? Great? Move on? Yes? Yes, uh Marvin, I'm going.
Speaker 8: With a lifetime band.
Speaker 4: I grew up with the motto, you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine with that. I got I don't. I mean, I saw it. It's unfortunate it happens. Get him off the floor, move on, Yes, Dylan, What.
Speaker 7: Do you think would be the most fun one to do?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 7: Which one to run on? I play baseball, right, you get to run, maybe get the second base, round one of the bases and before you get tackled. I know, so running on taking a selfie? I once he had to do one. No, I wouldn't do any of them. Never even thought about it. Like, man, I could run right there.
Speaker 2: I could jump over and run onto the field and then do what.
Speaker 7: Well, there was that guy who at the super Bowl he met on there to be a streaker at the super Bowl and then he's sat the game. That's pretty brilliant. I'm sure they probably took They probably canceled the bet after they found out that he fixed it.
Speaker 4: But yes, Marvin, I know who should have gotten fired the security at the Atlanta Braves when Hank Aaron hit seven fifteen and those two guys came on. Hank Aaron was getting death threats here, I know, and you let these two guys on, like who's watching?
Speaker 2: And apparently they had snipers up on the roof of Fulton County Stadium because they were worried about something happening with Hank Aaron breaking Babe Ruth's record. Okay, there's more at stake there. He got death threats, hate mail, so the Braves were well aware this was a black player breaking a white player's all time record. So there's two guys that meet him at shortstop unfortunately and ruin the moment for one of my heroes. And at home plate, Craig Sager is the guy in the white trench code holding a radio microphone. They should have kicked Sager out of there too. He's there at home plate with Hank Aaron crossing home plate. Craig Sager's there with a trench coat and he's holding a little microphone. I don't even know if Seger was on radio any place. I don't think Seger ever got in trouble with that. But these two knuckleheads who are rounding the bases with Hank Aaron when he got to short stop, and you can see Hank trying to knock them off like they're patting him on the back. He doesn't know. I mean, they showed some of the letters that he got during that home run chase. Embarrassing, sad and here he is breaking that record and two guys run on the field. What do you think Hank is thinking? And that was a sad, sad moment that they took away one of the great moments of his life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pol, going back to last night, I just watched the play again with the fan ran out of the court. The ball was in play, it wasn't between shots or something like that. So the Knicks actually got penalized a bit on the play because Dylan Harper threw the ball. The Knicks were about to complete a steal, but the ball was not in anyone's hands, so the refs had to talk and do a jump ball that the Spurs got back. So the Knicks actually lost a possession on that play.
Speaker 2: Age seven seven to three DP show email address DP at dan Patrick dot com, Twitter handled a DP show Did we settle on a pull question? Dylany?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got those two up right now. Do you want some early results?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, why not?
Speaker 7: Bigger impact on the game last night? Fifty three percent say the Spurs playing poorly over the Knicks playing well? All right, and then if you need to to win a playoff game, who are you taking Jalen Brunson, Sga, Luka Donci or other little recency bias. Jalen Brunson's got thirty seven percent.
Speaker 2: Now, if you said you got first pick and you take Jalen Brunson and I get Sga, I'm okay with that. I'm okay with that because Sga is more unstoppable but runs in big game fourth quarter. It's not a coincidence. He finds a way to find a bucket. Yeah, I do.
Speaker 7: What about this? What if you need a guy to flop at the end of the game to go to the line. Who you're taking Brunson or Sga?
Speaker 2: Uh? Sga?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of writing the book on that, like an instructional video. And Sga teaching you how to flop. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Chris and Syrahcuse starts us off this morning. Good morning, Chris, Hey.
Speaker 9: Thank you. Danny had a few comments on last night's game, And if you watch that clip of Hank Aaron, he looked very nervous when that happened, and in fands, we're very vocal. Last night at times they took over the crowd. And yeah, when that nut job came on the floor for the selfie with Wemby, Wemby's so tall, he only got as high as Wemby's jersey, and it was too bad because Wemby had a little smirk on his face like he was kind of entertained by it. Yeah, Wemby really takes everything and strive. And last night the Spurs looked a little overwhelmed by the moment and in contrast, the next looked like the veteran team in comparison, which they are. And I agree with you, Dan totally. Kat to me was the key factor in that game. He kept the Knicks in it defensively and offensively till brunts and heated up and Yeah, to me, Karl Anthony Towns was the MVP last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was aggressive. That's what I wanted. Take it to Wemby and just continued to do that. You know, and sometimes it can be really simplistic, like it's not intricate. It's not like the triangle offense. It's just we need you to do this tonight, or this guy isn't scoring, we need you to help score. But I thought San Antonio looked tired, and certainly in the fourth quarter, your shot us are short and there's turnovers. That's a tired team. Lucas Texas, Hi, Luke, Hey, then good morning, good morning. You know, a couple of quick comments about the game. You kind of mentioned already this was a roster win. It felt like if you felt like the Knicks roster overall played better. I think there were two key.
Speaker 10: Moments and you kind of alluded to it. It was in the third quarter. I think the Spurs were up by something like thirteen. Wimby came out for a couple of minutes and that's where Kat really got aggressive. I think they got a quick eight points. It's just remarkable how instantaneously their offensive mindset switched and they were much more aggressive in the paint with Wimby out. That was really great to see. The second thing was gruntson towards the end. Obviously he's just a master of the backboard, of just the angles that you were saying. But I think the big reason why he's so much more likable than SGA style of plays, even though he was also trying to get to the line trying to get some fouls, it felt like he never lost the chance to try to actually make the basket, Like making the basket was more important than the potential of two free throws. He was always about two and one, and so I think that's why it's just a lot more endearing. It just felt a lot more competitive from him than a lot of SGA stuff over the last couple.
Speaker 2: Of weeks, Thank you, Lucas. Victor had twenty six twelve three blocks, but he had six turnovers. I mean, these are nice numbers, but this is where you watch a game and you get a different feel than just seeing highlights and looking at the box score, because if you watch the game, you're like, damn, Josh hart is everywhere you look at the box score. He didn't shoot well, but he did everything else. And if he can give you a surprising number in any of those categories, it's such a value. Like what do you need for me to do? We need you to rebound, all right, we need you to distribute. Okay, because this is when the chess match really starts. This next game, this is when it starts because New York is going to expect something. The question is what is Mike Brown expecting and what is san Antonio going to give them? What is going to be different? I would say to Wemby, no threes. No threes to start the first first half. No threes inside. Now if he hits him, I might be saying something different, but we've said before. I want him inside to then come outside. I want you to establish yourself, get some fouls called, and then then if you go out on the perimeter, you want to take some threes. Great. It felt like he was settling, like he was running kind of from three point line to three point line, and I don't want him out guarding somebody outside the three point line. You've got the reach there, come back. I want you. He was expending too much energy on things that he didn't need to. Yes, Marv.
Speaker 4: I thought the big thing was he's got to defend Cat. So he had his arms up and Cat pump fakes and kept driving to the basket. And he's making him work on the defensive end. And even those guys were getting good looks at the basket because Wenby had to stay out there with Cat, because Cat with a Triller three pointer is money out there, game changer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I want you tired. I want them running Wemby Rick in Vegas, Hi, Rick, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 2: Dan, thanks for calling me.
Speaker 11: I got a conspiracy theory for you. So you notice how I call it the Fritzy curse because you notice how like McLevin was in the back row, then Seating and now Dylan. Well, mclovin and Seatan are both gone. How long before Delan's gone? And just for for Fritzie's purpose A little rhyme, right, because it's mclob ben, cheat Pin and Delan. All I can say is Marvin staying in the front row.
Speaker 2: Brother, Wow? Wow, very interesting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, different kind of numerology there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kiss of death back here, I know, deep dive on the back road. Let's see Seth in West Virginia, Hi, Seth, Hey Dan, thanks for taking a call.
Speaker 12: So yesterday, as you and Todd celebrated your anniversary, my wife, Courtney and I celebrated our nine year wedding anniversary. It's been of a tradition over the last couple of years that Fritzy Sarah neades us with a little Bruce Springsteen. So if he can give us a little squawk off, it would be much appreciated. Thanks, guys, keep up all the good work.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you, Seth, Todd, you got it in you to.
Speaker 8: Have to sit put out a kiss of bed heaving by.
Speaker 4: Well the split up against its tuve gone by.
Speaker 6: Now all right, heppy anniversary, Oh yeah, all right, all right, come on now.
Speaker 10: Okay real oh now.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin, sorry, going back to the game real fast. When Web put it on the floor, those guys were in the cookie. Their hands were all in the cookie jars Alvarado, Heart Annobe Michel Bridges. So they won't lett him get a clean drive to the basket because he kept putting it on the floor.
Speaker 8: Yes, when it's on the floor, it's fair game.
Speaker 2: Whenever a big man puts the ball on the floor, go get it. Yes, still and back.
Speaker 7: To Todd for a second. That was my first live Bruce Springsteen. I think getting to like watch it in person.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's yeah, how did it feel? He gets very pink. There's definitely some veins popping. Yeah, well he's got the guns popping today with that T shirt.
Speaker 6: Man, no little stuck in the waist, in the hips in a lot of places.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's very form fitting.
Speaker 6: You gotta find the shirt where it's tight on the arms and chest and then a lot more forgiving as you go down.
Speaker 2: I think you need blousey. I think that's the word you're looking.
Speaker 7: For, and there's a company that does that. It's like the sleeves are and then it's like it hides your gut in the middle. I forget the name of it, but I think they made a killing Oh okay, true classic. Oh maybe that's it. Yeah, I don't know. I saw them as like, that's brilliant. It's like spanks for dudes.
Speaker 6: Like the untuck it because it's a brutal If I try to tuck in a shirt, that's just not a good Stine.
Speaker 2: Well, it's good that you don't have to tuck in a shirt anymore. Like it's okay, Like there was that point where you go, man, so I can untuck my shirt and it's okay. I don't know when that started, but it has to be a decade right where you go, Yeah, it's okay, you can walk with your shirt tail out. Yes, put.
Speaker 5: I hesitate to bring this up, but what do you guys think about white sneakers with suits on TV?
Speaker 7: Hate it?
Speaker 5: It kills the suit. You could have a thousand dollars suit on it and if you're wearing white sneakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can find thousand dollars white sneakers too. Yeah. It's like it's not for me. If I'm getting if I'm putting a suit on, then I'm gonna put dress shoes on.
Speaker 5: It's bad tires on a Porsche. That's what it is to me.
Speaker 2: But I get at my daughter's wedding, I'm not gonna wear a tuxedo in there. Then wear sneakers.
Speaker 7: No sneakers and tuxedo would be a wild combo.
Speaker 2: But I've been to weddings where you get guys who wear the low top Chuck Taylor black Converse with their tuxedos.
Speaker 7: This was in Brooklyn, right, No, the hipsters. Yeah, yes, marvn.
Speaker 4: I went to a wedding where the groom and all the grooms men wore air Jordan elevens with their tuxis. And the thing was the wife already knew. She was like, she has to know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you can't surprise her. Yeah you want. No, there's going to be surprises at your wedding on or your reception. There will be. You just want to make sure you clue your wife in on what doesn't have to be a surprise. Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 7: Can't imagine that pitch being like, all right, sweetheart, So the entire groomsmen are gonna look like the cast of Space Jam for the wedding, all wearing Jordan elevens. I don't know that. I feel like the wife to be would care about that.
Speaker 2: Well, she might not, but you have to run a buyer. You can't go. I got a surprise for you. I had a friend that they wrote h ELP on the bottom of his shoes, so when he's kneeling at the altar, everybody started laughing because they put help on the bottom of his shoes. Yes, Martin, that was the.
Speaker 4: Only request that he had. And the thing was the wife like I know both of him. She was like, well, I know who I'm married. Yeah, right, Like, if you know him, you know he's gonna wear these like it is fine. And if you look at those shoes, they look clean, the patent leather. Those are the sneakers that you would wear.
Speaker 2: I'm alright with that.
Speaker 7: Were they the conquered elevens.
Speaker 2: But you know, here's another thing. They don't do the cut the cake anymore at all. I've been to like three weddings recently and the bride and groom didn't cut the cake. They brought pieces of the cake out, but they didn't do the ceremony. I don't I don't know if they want to speed up, you know, the reception here we uh, due to time constraints, there will not be any cutting of the cake.
Speaker 4: Yes, Mark, have you ever have you ever been to a wedding where the bride and groom smashed each other?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, that's bad. It's bad because the bride spends so much time looking her best. I hate it, Yes, Ton, Well, if.
Speaker 6: They just put like a little bit on each other's cheek or nose, just a little fun shot to put for the.
Speaker 2: Feed each other, but not smash her in the face.
Speaker 5: Yes, if there is anyone who would be against wasting cake, you think it'd be tied.
Speaker 8: I'm finally just like a little did like a little cute thing.
Speaker 2: You know you're doing your will. We take a break here, last call for phone calls. In this hour. We will have our play of the day coming up right after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, Play of the day.
Speaker 7: God play, This is the play of the day. Check this Outson holding it just a crossmit Courts offended by the cell eight this year right when crossover, ride, elbows, step back, pumpc leans in, throws it up, bad.
Speaker 2: It after down jail and brooks in a ridiculous shot and the next half of six point lead forty eight seconds to go. Courtesy of the Knicks Radio Network. The team that won Game one of the NBA Finals, who's gone on to win the title almost seventy percent of the time. Brunson, it's weird to have a quiet thirty. He had a very loud thirteen in the fourth quarter. His twenty seventh playoff game as a nick with third your more points, most in franchise history. That's your play of the day, brought to you by True Green. You can sign up and you can get fifty percent off long care this summer with True Green's biggest sale of the year. Let the pros handle the work while you enjoy your weekends. Visit truegreen dot com by June twenty third restrictions apply. Paulie is leading the charge Russell Wilson announcing his retirement. Paulie is leading the charge Russell Wilson Hall of Famer. He wants to be on the RUSS for Hall of Fame committee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, representative from the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we'll talk about that next hour because I know you would like to have a little bit of time to filibuster about Russell Wilson Junior, the third now going into TV with.
Speaker 5: CBS right, Our team has lots of facts. Ready, We're not saying wave the five year rule. We're just saying save en.
Speaker 2: There you go, because you got on the Tiki Barber committee and you didn't get him in.
Speaker 5: He didn't get him in.
Speaker 2: Okay, this isn't good news for us that you want to be on the Russell Wilson Hall of Fame Committee. Andy and Rhode Island. Hi, Andy, what do you have for me? Good morning, Dan? What's up? Dan?
Speaker 13: As then, the intensity of both hockey and NBA has been just phenomenal. I don't think we could have asked for a better final for both for both series going on. But I will say last night watching the San Antonio game, I felt like the New York crowd was dominated. It's almost like they had a play full of mixed fans that went down there specifically to hold it down. And it got to the point where I was thinking San Antonio fans just passive. I might be upsending a whole fan base, but in my opinion, you cannot let another fan bases go in there and run it. And I felt like they suck the air out of that arena.
Speaker 2: Well, they were loud, there were more Spurs fans, the Knicks fans were vocal. It's I can't overstate how important this is to the city of New York work. This fan base. This is crazy generational. They've had nothing at all. If you're under thirty, you've had nothing. Even older than that, I mean, you've had appearances in the NBA Finals, they didn't go well. You got to go back to nineteen seventy nineteen seventy three. It almost skipped another generation. And now you have a younger generation and they will not be denied. They will do They're gonna do whatever it takes to be those fans on the road at home to make sure that they win a title. Yes doing.
Speaker 7: I saw this from yesterday from boardroom. The cost to attend Game three of the NBA Finals at the Gardens in the four thousand dollars range. The cost the combined cost to attend all the remaining home games for the Yankees, Mets, New York Giants, and New York Jets this year is about four thousand dollars. Get in price and.
Speaker 2: You got something magical here, the potential for something magical. Yes.
Speaker 4: I went to a watch party last night in New York City and the girl in the booth next to me, she was very pretty, and she was like, come.
Speaker 8: On, defensive rotation, come on. I was like the fact that this woman.
Speaker 2: Were you the most famous person at the watch party?
Speaker 8: I was not.
Speaker 4: No, I wasn't even close to being the most famous.
Speaker 2: Okay, can we guess who was the most famous.
Speaker 8: It wasn't like, oh there's I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, like there's Mike Golick, or there's no Pablo Torre.
Speaker 4: Okay, some kimberly A. Martin was there the show. A girl smalls from on Sportsman.
Speaker 2: Light, Okay, Shechelle Smallman. You know Evan Cohen of the ESPN Morning Show. Was he there?
Speaker 4: No, Evan Cohen went to sleep. Oh okay, I was disappointed. Uh you know Marrow from Jesus and Merrill.
Speaker 2: I know that I know the name.
Speaker 4: Yep, he was there last night. Uh Shaq's son whoa Charif O'Nails? Like, man, this is a tall guy. It looks like Shaq Sharif.
Speaker 2: Don't like it.
Speaker 8: But no one recognized me either.
Speaker 2: Todd is going to be in the confessional if you're watching on Peacock with his Nick's Male Cheerleader Outfit, hour two right after this