Speaker 1: Welcome command this family into our Saturday Night special. But since we're playing on prime time Monday Night Football, it's a Sunday night.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm sure y'all can hear. We are at r P.
Speaker 1: McMurphy's in the city of Cincinnati, but if you look around us, it.
Speaker 2: Feel like we're in the DMV, baby, because we.
Speaker 3: Are surrounded by burgundy and gold.
Speaker 2: Faithful. We love it.
Speaker 1: I feel at home. This is beautiful. Thank you guys for coming. People drove from the DMV. We have Cincinnati fans here that still represent the Burgundy.
Speaker 2: And oh thank you all for being here. We do stuff like this just for you. Guys.
Speaker 1: We just flew in, we just got in, but we come here to spend time with our fans.
Speaker 2: So thank y'all so much for being here. Again, we are at our P. McMurphy.
Speaker 1: Shout out to them for taking care of us and fellas, y'all know how we do these Saturday Night specialist of this on Sunday and nothing gonna change.
Speaker 2: Sunday night.
Speaker 1: I need to hear y'all memories from Prime Time Monday Night Football Live Monday.
Speaker 2: Night Football, and y'all strap up and tell me when it comes to my be mishe. I'm gonna start with you, brother, on.
Speaker 4: Monday night, when it When it is on Monday night and it's prime time, you know, you think about everything you've ever done. So I returned Touchdownds. I played quarterback and scored. But when I think about Cincinnati, I came here nineteen ninety one I think it was, and they had the Ikey Shuffle. They didn't shuffle much that day and I got I got tackled by a guy and I heard pop up, and I'm like, what the hell? So I started reaching around in my legs, my arms and nothing was broken, but I figured somebody had something happen. And I broke this guy on in three places trying to tackle me. So like I'm saying, if you're gonna come up there to be mentioned trying to be half stepping, I'm gonna crack something on you five hours. And I really believe that after watching football a day, I'll say this, after watching football today, I don't think any of us know what really is going on in the NFL. We don't know who's the best team, who's going to be the team is dominated or whatever. But I saw teams today win games that I had no no thought that they would win. I saw people lose that I thought were going to be doing some things. So why not think that our team would go out here and kick somebody's ASDs. I mean, that's that's what I feel. I really think that it's a point now where it's not about what people think. It's about what you You enforced, you may happen on people.
Speaker 5: That's how you gotta get it done.
Speaker 6: So I think when you're talking about Monday Night experiences, I don't have nothing against Cincinnati, but you all know the Money Night. I hate bringing it up because you don't bring it up.
Speaker 2: We love it.
Speaker 6: Y'all make me feel that it's the only thing I ever did in my career. But it's okay because it's it's okay. It's okay because I take that because I understand.
Speaker 2: We all know. You know what I mean, We all know.
Speaker 6: But I got to think, you know, when it comes to Monday Night, you know that game will always stand out for me, you know. Just that was my first year here with the team, my second game with the team, and we was up in Dallas, and the Money Night miracle is what it's talked about now. Most of the people stamped me as the cowboy killer because of that night. And not only because of that night, but every week, every time I saw these guys the next time that year, I had a big performance. Every year it was like the same type of you know, you know, I guess you can say outcome. But we're talking about the Cincinnati Bengals, and I think it's gonna be one of those games that we want to see this team go out here and flourish and beat the team that we want.
Speaker 2: It's still early.
Speaker 6: I think it's still early in our season and we don't know what to expect from this team. I think every week we're gonna see this team growing become the team that we wanted to be.
Speaker 2: But I'm looking forward to seeing, hopefully.
Speaker 6: Somebody can rewrite the things that I did back in those days.
Speaker 2: In five this money man, you know it said command his family.
Speaker 1: We know you guys are in the building, but for those watching, we want to tweet you guys. Want you guys to tweet us and ask us questions. Ashtag raise hell, ask us y'all questions, So be Mischanitana can answer You'll questions live and of course, we'll try to field y'all questions in here as well. My lovely producer Maddy Betton get for she will be on there making sure she gets y'all questions and all of that. Now, Tana, you always showed up for these big games from the big prime moments.
Speaker 2: But it is their added pressure on prime time.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's added pressure, don't get me wrong. So we all feel the pressure as a player. You'll be lying if you tell somebody that, man, there's no pressure. I'm gonna go out here and do what I do. We feel it, and I'm one of those guys that failed it the most all. But I think one of the things that you have to do as a player. And I'm not sure if Brian, but I'm I think so because I feel like this guy.
Speaker 2: He's on the.
Speaker 6: Same vibe or wavelength and I'm on when it comes to how we do things. But I would always tell myself to calm down. You know what I'm saying, look at this as any other game. Don't don't take this game and make it bigger than any other game.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. We haven't. This ain't the NFC Championship.
Speaker 6: This ain't the Super Bowl, so don't look at this game as no special than a regular Sunday game at one o'clock. And I would tell myself that all the time, just to keep myself neutral. And at the same time, I would tell myself also that hey, look, you have a job to take care of. And if you get yourself too caught up into the lights and the whole that.
Speaker 2: Dun dun, dun dumb.
Speaker 6: If you allow that to get in affected you, then you're not going to be yourself. So I would tell myself all the time, let the game flow to me, and that it wasn't on Monday night, it was every time I stepped on that field. So that's what I would tell the guys going into this game. Allowed the game to flow to you. You feel me and be me.
Speaker 1: She's talking about pressure situations. Man, that first home game for Jayden, Damils and Dan Quinn, that was a lot of.
Speaker 2: Pressure, but we got the w.
Speaker 1: What did you see from that New York Giants matchup where we got that win that you want to see on Monday night?
Speaker 4: Well it wasn't exactly how they plan it, but you got it. The whole goal is you plan to win you don't know how it's gonna go. Like like like you know, we see movies and you have a plan now, sequence of things that happen for an outcome. But when you see reality TV, you don't know what the hell is gonna happen. And football is the first reality TV. And I think when you get you go, I'm gonna take it back to college. You studying for a test, you don't do anything. You wait till the night before, you study real hard the night before. You really don't know what the hell you're doing. You fluck the tests. But if you've been working all semester and you get that test, you pass it. Why because you put something into it. Football is no different than that. So if I am putting the work in week in, week out, that week big time, when the game comes along, nothing is surprising to me. Nothing is overwhelming to me. I play quarterback at South West Louisiana. When I got to the NFL return of kicks and punts, you think I cared about who was swimming out coming down to tackle me. All I cared about was I got the ball in my hand, and I'm a badass man with the balls in my hand. And then I ran the ball like I've always done in my life. So I think the whole thing about is we as fans and as media people, we put pressure on players that are not there that player.
Speaker 5: If you are a true competitor.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't be overwhelmed by nothing in football nothing. I'm being honest with you. I changed from a position of glory to a position where I used to say they are crazy as hell to be doing that. And I became to love it. Why because I put work into it and I knew it was gonna get something out of it. Because I wasn't afraid of nobody coming down and the tackle me. I was afraid of nobody gonna come down and talking to me, because you know what I had prepared. I lift weights. I'm gonna be the guy that's gonna inflict pain on you, not on me. And I think that's what football is all about right now. And I think we got enough guys on this team right now. We got a young team, okay, and I think we all expect we always expect the highest, but we need to let them grow a little bit. We got we got a bunch of little pupils. We need to grow to be some grown men, and when they get to be grown men, we're gonna be cheering for a long time. So the thing about it right now is now, it's not about what happens exactly tomorrow. It's about what they build for it to happen for the next five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten years, because I think everybody wants to see us get to a point where every year we're in the playoff where we have a chance to go to the dance. If we keep going out, we were going we can't go to the dance. How we're going now, that's gonna be a chance, I think. And I'm not gonna tell you five years, six and no, next two, three years.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about this one in it too.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow next year is one the following we should be competing for the playoffs. And we're getting the playoffs, then you never know what's gonna happen, because nobody became prom queen without being invited to the prom.
Speaker 5: Let's just be real.
Speaker 2: Let's give around the falls for these guys right here. Man, let's give it up all right now.
Speaker 1: Since we got this family vibe, I'm gonna ask I'm gonna go off script a little bit what y'all walks off offensive defense first?
Speaker 2: What y'all thinking offense first?
Speaker 3: We got some offensive dogs here, We've got press all offensive first.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna talk officers, talk about Jade and Daniels.
Speaker 1: That's what we're all here to see, right Jaden dais who had showed out those first two weeks. What do you want to see from Jaden Daniels as he faces his first prime time mansion with gets a really tough sen Scnati Bagels team.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, one of the things that stand out to me is just progression. I think every week he's gonna get a chance to get more acclimated into what he's seeing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, one of the things we hear a lot about it is, uh.
Speaker 6: You know, the development of these guys, these players that's out here, and I want to see him develop more. But I think he surprised a lot of people with his how paid he is, how not phased he is.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, if you watch him play football, I'm pretty sure all you guys have seen Jayden.
Speaker 6: You know, rather you was in you know, in Northwest Stadium or watching them on TV.
Speaker 2: Things don't really make him.
Speaker 6: Rattle and that's one of the things you want to see from a guy. I've had young quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: I played with him.
Speaker 6: I understood how when certain things happen in that pocket, you know what I mean, they jumped the gun and do something else. I've watched him and I'm seeing him this guy here staying on script. He's staying on script. So one of the things I want to see him Jaden just progressively grow every week. I think every rep he gets is going to allow him to settle even more. You watch, you watch him from week one to week two, you saw different. You saw a tremendous change. You saw him settle down a little bit. Week one, I felt like he rushed things at times, he didn't want to force things at times.
Speaker 2: Then we through they told him like, look here, you have.
Speaker 6: A chance, you have a land, you have a you have a you have a hold of here or to it.
Speaker 2: You can throw that ball in and then he did that.
Speaker 6: So I think every rep is going to allow him to, you know, mature and be the quarterback they want him to be. And that's all I want to see from You know, you could put it, you could put win losses on it, but I think as long as he's progressed in the right direction, the teams at the good state and be mitched.
Speaker 1: The Bengals have held both of their opponents to under three hundred total passing yards in their first two weeks.
Speaker 2: How can we get the ball moving through the air.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people have seen how great we've been with the rushing game right. A lot of people have loved to see Jadon Daniels out there running, But we want to see more aerial movement.
Speaker 2: How do we throw the ball a little more of this game?
Speaker 4: But I just think that they have to establish the run first. And we know we have Brian Robinson, a maniac. We have Austin Echler, who's the guy. You can question him all you want. That guy's a badass in this league. And I think if you establish that then you can now begin to take the shots down the field. But ultimately, we see Jaden, we know what he's about, and forget about how you play football, You run the football. You established I just did the Howard Hampton game yesterday and I talked to these coaches. They were talking about how they gonna be aggressive down the field. An they ran the hell out the football and the team that every team that was running the ball effectively got the momentum. So Cliff Kingsbury has been tiled as a guy who runs the air raid offense. He runs the ball, so I think what has happened to us is fans, commanders, fans, we heard he runs the air raids, so we just want to see the ball thrown down the field. We won three Super Bowls and four tries with Joe Gibbs. You know how we won that run the damn football, and Cliff Kingsbury wants to run the football. So if he keeps running the football, and Jaydon Dais is a running quarterback, who know he's a passing quarter who could run, I want to make sure I correct that all of a sudden when he throws the ball, he's throwing to one on one matchup open windows instead of having all the people back deep because that runs established and he also has a threat as a runner. So they're working this thing in the right direction. And I know we've dealt with twenty some years of futility for a while, but let's give this group a little chance because I think they're building a great foundation. I got a house that been there now since nineteen ninety three. My house ain't falling, you know why, because the foundation was great. Don't rush the foundation. We rush the foundation, we've got a problem later on. If they build it right, it's gonna be like this. Teams that you look at the Ravens, Stillers, Kansas City, Philadelphia, they're always good.
Speaker 5: Why because they have built their things.
Speaker 4: They're founding so great to where when they built, when they draft, somebody did one year, three years later they in their prime. And it rotates like that instead of like Dan used to do, I'm gonna go get eight free agents, spend all my money and we can't compete. We do it for a year, then next year we can't compete. We don't want that. We want to be cheering for our team.
Speaker 1: Every year and Tannada be missus point. We are six in the NFL in rushing, which is wild to think about after the season we had last year. Brian Robinson Junior showing that he's not just you know, a work course. He could do everything. Man, he's every down back.
Speaker 2: How have you liked seeing him?
Speaker 1: You utilize so much more improve that he's one of the best backs in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, It's crazy because coming to this season, just understanding what I've saw from history with Cliffs Kingsbury offense, people get so enamored with just the passing game and how it spread. You know, it's a spread offense. He's gonna spread everything out. I saw his offenses, you know, pay so much attention to the running backs. Guys like Connor come in there and have magnificence. And I'm saying to myself, like, this is gonna be the offense for.
Speaker 2: B Rob to get off.
Speaker 6: You know, last year we were sitting there chopping at the bits for b Rob, wondering why he wasn't getting the attempts, wondering why he wasn't getting the yardage that we know he can get.
Speaker 2: And when Cliff came.
Speaker 6: In here, a lot of people probably said, oh man, you know they brought in you know Edckler, Now you know what this you know what would this look like for b Rob? But I was saying to myself, like things, Finna look nice, It's fella look grife in the back you know, in that backfield, Just knowing that now you have a veteran that has been around the bush, that has he know who it takes to be in this league. Now he can bring a little bit of something to be Rob's game and finally be Robs get a clean bill of health where he can go into the season injury free, not putting all the other stuff that he went through a year one and year two behind him, and really go out there and attack what he got in front of him. And I'm not surprised at what I'm seeing from this guy. I know he can do it. I hope they get him in more of a rhythm. If you think about it too, years ago when we beat the Philadelphia Eagles when they was riding high, b Robb was the guy.
Speaker 2: That ran the ball and ran the air out the ball on those guys.
Speaker 6: So if you take a little bit of what he's shown us before, this is the kind of style of office we can play behind him when we need to. You understand, we don't have to do that all the time because of what we have as the offensive coordinator and what he can do with the guys on the outside. But went in doubt. Now you add an Elkler in that and with b Robb, those guys can run the air out of the football. So I'm not going to see here and say I'm impressed, I'm happy that we find a way to make sure that this guy is a vital point of our offense.
Speaker 1: And commanded his fans to tannis point we've rushed over thirty times each week.
Speaker 2: We did not do that one time last season, which is wild to think about.
Speaker 1: We are getting be robbed the ball and of course a big part of that is Austin Eckler as well, the fact that he is a number one back. When it says, you know what, I want to take a different type of role. I want to be that team player and help a guy like b Robb. Howe you like seeing how Cliff Kingsbury. You's the guy like Austin ecause it's not just catching, he's ranning between the tackles.
Speaker 2: He's done a little bit of everything.
Speaker 4: Well, football is all about confidence, it's all about belief, and people questioned Austin necklace ability. What makes you want to show them what you're about? And when you get an Arsin neckro on your team, guy who's been great for six seven years in the league, got hurt last year, had a down year, but put his numbers against people that had great years, he had as good a year as they did. And then he he rolls in here as a guy who was undrafted ye players small college, became the guy at a team and who happens to be playing for a team who the running back coaches his former head coach think the head coach, I know a little bit about what he can do.
Speaker 5: Then you have a guy on your team.
Speaker 4: And Brian Robertson who was shot and fought back and was playing in five six weeks, guy who came from a program in Alabama, who's unbelievable, who I think is as hardcore as anybody out there. So when you get these guys on the football field, now they are questioned. And one thing about an athlete, athlete that's a true competitor. You questioned my ability, I'm gonna prove to your wrong. So you got two guys who trying to prove their work, a guy who's been playing a while and a guy who's coming up. You got a problem on your hand. And the thing about it, they love each other. Yes, they want to help each other. They compete in a way where it's not we're competing too harm, we're competing to help that works. You know, I've been in competition with my friends. And I have friends who wanted to like, oh they want to destroy me, ain't gonna have it, and I'm gonna destroy you. But I've been in company with is that we're helping each other out. And you know what, they helped the team in the long run. So these two guys are gonna do nothing but help the seam. And what it does take pressure off of Jason big time.
Speaker 1: And be you facing me so you didn't get to see that a celebrity just walked in the bill.
Speaker 2: And let's give it a for Riley captain in the corner and the color I mean pulling up man. Thank you for being here, brother, Thank you all for being here.
Speaker 1: Commanders, fans, we want you to be a part of this as well, even if you not are physically here. Hashtag raise hell for your questions. Ask these brothers anything, We'll be happy to answer them.
Speaker 2: Live for you.
Speaker 1: Do we have a question, you go ahead to yell at me. You go ahead, yelled at me. You stay right there, stay right there. Ryan Missus should be in.
Speaker 2: Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, He share two statements.
Speaker 2: I love you all, love brother.
Speaker 1: I love you guys, all right, no question, just love bo We love love a bus and studium.
Speaker 4: I love that love acquaintment. That was a question, that was a statement, an appointment a question in this statement.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it's all there. We love the love, don't work for the Thank you so much, brother.
Speaker 1: We we got a livest care you careful And that is the beauty of these live shows.
Speaker 2: Commanders, Families.
Speaker 1: We are at our P. McMurphy's out here in Cincinnati. Now, you know, I'm gonna try to swim more time. That was a little rocky.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try to swim more. Toime fan question, go ahead, then just staying there. You can just stay right there against the team.
Speaker 1: That's what makes it so hard to go in against a team that is O and to was our fan question, right there is human nature.
Speaker 2: Team is on too.
Speaker 4: And you think the team sucks naturally, that's what we think, but they don't. And I think the coaches is their job to make sure you understand. And when you watch the film, you can't look at their record. You look at what's going on on the field. Football is a difference of four to five plays every week. We can see seventy eighty plays in the game for one to five players make the decision and.
Speaker 5: That what's gonna happen in the game.
Speaker 4: And I think if the players have been looking at Cincinnati h and two, don't do that. But when you look at them, they lost to the Patriots and they barely lost to Kansas City. But I also say this, they always play Kansas City great, so they could be awful, just like every time we play the Eagles. Eagles would be great. We play them to the wire, so something some matchups is just great. But the ultimate thing is, can't worry about them. The mistakes we've had were getting the red zone, false start holding. We hurt ourselves. We had seven field goals, and I applaud the kid who kicked all the goals or Austin Cyber. But if we don't, if we don't hurt ourselves, we got some touchdowns going on, so you gotta score. So in two means nothing. Yeah, it's about what you can do to improve what you've done.
Speaker 6: Next question, all right, go ahead, yeah jesus, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So the question is about Diani Brown, a guy that fans have really excited to see and a guy that didn't make the roster, but the fan feels that he has very parallels to Santana's skill set as far as that speed is concerned. He wants to know why isn't Brown's found success as of yet.
Speaker 6: I think one of the things fans have to understand that I have the same questions. You know, I've been a fan of him also, and and you know, when you see a guy with so much potential, you want to see him out there. But this game isn't what everybody think it is. You can just put any guy out there and he can do. What to do you have to bring a little more than potential to the game. And what we fail to realize is that whatever you saw before in the collegiate level, it's a whole different league when they come up here in the NFL. And if you can't do that on a consistent basis, then the team or your coaching staff is not going to depend on you. They're not going to count on you to go out there and make those plays. So I think a guy like Dianmi Brown this year, being that he's on the team, he showed everybody that, hey, I'm capable of being one of those guys. He showed you that he can make plays. And I think Truthfully, he hasn't showed us enough yet. I think he's still gonna have his day where he can really show us that, hey, I have arrived in this league. But I'm just like you, brother, I want to see him with more opportunities, more attempts. But it's gonna be all left up to him, you know. That's one of the things that we feel like we can always depend on or root for a guy, But it's all up to him to go out there and show that staff that he's capable of doing that on a consistent basis.
Speaker 2: And that's what it's all about. That's a great question right there, and honestly, be mitched.
Speaker 1: Before we wrap up offense, I think we stick with that, right Who on the offense do you want to see step up on prom time?
Speaker 4: O Lord, I just want to see the offensive line step up. We have complaints about Jayden running too much, doing this, doing that. If he has time, he could deliver the football. I'm not saying offensive line have been bad. I just wanted to see him be better and if they are better, then he could deliver the ball in a timely fashion. Why he doesn't have to use that superhero ability that he has, so I want to see them just step up a little bit. And it's not a complaint, it's just I want to enhancement of what they've been doing good so far.
Speaker 1: And telling what about you somebody from this offense that you feels needs to step up for us to get this w in prom time.
Speaker 6: I don't think that this guy need to step up. I feel like this guy needs more opportunities. And y'all already know scary Terry. I know it's a lot of Scary Terry fans out there.
Speaker 2: Look, man, don't let me wrong. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 6: When you really watch the game, if you look at it from a standpoint where we look at it from as being analysts, we can see the different coverages that they're trying to affect.
Speaker 2: What he does, you know, you know for our offense.
Speaker 6: But at the same time, you heard Cliff go out there and put itself on the limit and say I need to get him more involved. Now, I hate to be that guy to say that, say all that, because teams here all that stuff too. You know what I'm saying the opposing team here that, okay, if they gonna come into this game plan thinking that they're gonna get him involved, and we're gonna make sure that we put coverage towards him.
Speaker 2: What I would say is that don't push it or rush it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Allow him to be effective accordingly to how the game flows. But I truly believe that he's a guy that can be a vital point to this offense that can really see us go deeper than what we've been at.
Speaker 2: I think you got to think about it.
Speaker 6: Well, we've shown thus far with our rookie quarterback and those guys in the backfield. If you excited about what you've seen thus far, just imagine what you can be excited about seeing Terry involved in this offense. So when I look at those things, man, I just hope that we can honestly, truly we all looking at that same.
Speaker 2: I wanted to stop talking a long time ago.
Speaker 6: I was watching this fory Niners in the rams.
Speaker 2: Does Jayden have that dog?
Speaker 4: I mean, is that dog's that dog?
Speaker 2: Bow wow?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Your po? Yeah, Pa, bow wow wile your po your pa. That's my answer. You know what I'm talking about. That's Jayan to today.
Speaker 1: You feel me, and that's why you see the energy change to when you have your quarterback like that.
Speaker 2: It comes in no matter how young comes in and just shan't sets the tone. And that's what he's done. And you know what, let's sit the tone with a fan question. We got a fan question for this gentleman right here. What's your name?
Speaker 5: Bright?
Speaker 1: Then you got a fan question from day right next to my producer, Maddy Benn, and the question is against the Cincinnati Bengals, do you expect the team to pass more or run more?
Speaker 4: I think gonna. I think they're gonna come out and try to establish the run. And if Cincinnati put all their emphasis trying try and to stop the run, they're gonna stopt throwing the ball some more. But I don't think you just could come out I know everybody listen, I'm not gonna say it to the fans.
Speaker 5: Don't get mad at me.
Speaker 4: We played real football, fantasy football, and secondary all y'all wanted to just throw the damn ball round the yard all day. That's don't work in real football. Okay, you gotta establish the run, make your physical then you get a chance.
Speaker 5: So they gonna try and run the ball.
Speaker 4: Because you got two guys Austin Eckley and also Brian Robinson and then but I will tell you this, Jaydon Dails is a much better cashing quarterback that he ever gets credit for us.
Speaker 5: He is a he's.
Speaker 4: A pocket guy, but the guy has an unbelievable ability. And my whole thing, if God gave it to your user. So I know fans don't want to run all this stuff. I think I called one figure salute. I'm not gonna put it up, but anyway, I would just say this, if God gave it to you, use it to hell what everybody else said, no doubt.
Speaker 6: I feel like I would love to see a complimentary approach. I want to see these guys be able to establish the run for one, and be able to lean on that and be able to open the passing game. I think when you look at what they're coming into this game, where they have a couple of guys up front that's injured, that defensive line, they have a couple of guys that's missing. So if you look at what we went into the game where last week when and everyone talked about the Giants defensive front and how it's gonna be hard for us to establish run, we did that. So we showed you what we can do when we when we establish a run. So I think every week we should go out there and try to do that, oppose our will against any defender or any you know, opposition, And I think this is to be the prime time on prime time to do that.
Speaker 2: You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If you, if you, if you established the one with our guys, they understand what they got up front, they understand what they're lacking. They understand what we did last week. They're gonna try to hinder us from doing that. That opens up the passing game, that give us those favorable matchups that we're looking for. Now you can now you can Dencon dunk down the field. So if we could play complimentary football, we have a chance to go out here and win this fight. And I think it's gonna be just that a fight because you can't out you know, Joe Burrow, you can't out the guy on the outside and Jamar Chase and they got Ta Higgins back. I'm not sure if y'all heard that that he's back this week. He's gonna be up this you know, Monday night. So when you have to receivers like that, you think about week one, what you know, Mike Evans and those guys.
Speaker 2: You know, God with them did to us. We have to be ready to back end.
Speaker 6: But I think all officially where we protect them, it's by running that football and running the air out of that football.
Speaker 1: Great fan question, Obviously, I think that's the perfect time to get into this defense. Because you mentioned Jamar tas mission T. Higgins think all odds.
Speaker 2: Are on Joe Whitt Jr. Right, This Bengals team is on too.
Speaker 1: But they showed signs of life in their old self against the Kan's City Chiefs, so they're a lot better than they look on paper.
Speaker 2: Is this the game where Joe Whitt Jr.
Speaker 1: Shows why we were so excited about him taking control over this defense?
Speaker 2: He mentioned?
Speaker 4: I think Joe Writt Jr. Has brought the same approach and scheme that he brought he had in Dallas. I don't think the pressure on Joe with the pressure is on our defense. Our players. Joe Whit don't play football. Joeyet coach football. We have guys on our defensive line that don't consistently get pressure and we need to get that. We have guys that are one thing I know about football. I was a quarterback. I was a running back. I got my love based off of the big guys in the front handling business. And that happens on defense as well. If you're not doing your job consistently in the front, how the hell you expect the back to be better? And I believe if we get more pressure up front outside it'll burke out. So it's on those guys. One thing about football is we all have self pride, okay, and we should be challenging.
Speaker 5: They should be challenged at this point.
Speaker 4: Self everyone selfish, should be individual prayers. Am I doing enough? Am I getting off of one on one blocks? If they double team me? Is the other guy getting there? If they're doubled him? Am I getting there? So for me, it's not about Joe Witt, it's about the players that are on the field snapping up the chin strap. Are you playing well enough and are your standards high enough to where you're pissed off at what you're being presented?
Speaker 5: That's why I'm at with it.
Speaker 1: And antenna and you're playing days you on those players that defensive schemed against, they couldn't stop you.
Speaker 2: They just could hope to slow you down.
Speaker 1: Jamar Chase is very similar to that how do we slow down Jamar Chase.
Speaker 6: Well, I think if you look at some of the film from the guys that he faced these past two weeks, one of the things I saw was a tremendous effort of getting him off his route. You know, you had guys that was basically cover covering other guys that may made sure that they went out their way to bump him when they went through covering the next guy.
Speaker 2: And it was odd because.
Speaker 6: I'm like, they going out that way to make sure Jamar Chase don't affect this game. And that's what you have to do when you are when you are, when you're trying to establish something as a team, as an organization, as a coaching staff, you go out that way. You go out your way to make sure, like, look, hey, we're gonna make sure this guy don't beat us. And that's what I saw from the last two teams that they face. Now, if you think about it, last week, he got he got so right up to where he went if want to, you know, to the refs and and that's what you want.
Speaker 2: You want to see that guy that moment.
Speaker 6: You want to see him, And it's worse being that he's sitting there arguing with the with the officials because of how he's being mistreated. But at the same time, that's just a good, a great coaching scheme making sure that, hey, every time you see that guy appear in your you know, parameter, make sure you bump them, make sure you do something to them. They had so much attention towards him to where he just he didn't feel like he was being effective, and that's what you want from a guy.
Speaker 2: So that's what I would think.
Speaker 6: You know, it's a copycat league bring that same approach into this game.
Speaker 2: Like so you got to think about week one, Week.
Speaker 6: Two for us, what was our handicaps when we got in man to man.
Speaker 2: They found a way to bring these guys in tight.
Speaker 6: You know, the receivers in tight, they run crossing routes to make sure that they can, you know, get those those favorable matchups. Knowing that we was gonna be man and man. Have we learned? Have we learned from what we saw we one that week two it showed up again. On the first series the Giants made a completion to neighbors on the third down where he got in tight, ran crossfield, shallow cross, and he's by hisself because that guy that he had man and man he left them. Can we can we switch off and be in a defense where we understand that they're gonna do this to us because we showed that on film. So these are some of the things we gotten to do against the Jamar Chase, but not only Chase. Like I said you before, Higgins is up. This week, we got two guys to worry about. So we got to play a defense like no other to make sure that we can make stop both of these guys from being special.
Speaker 1: And guys, while we're talking about these receivers, let's talk about Benjamin Saint Jus for a minute, because last game I think was a game we've been waiting to see from him for a while. Those confidence boosts, Tanner, you played wide receiver. When you get against those corners that you watching film and seeing them, he said, Oh man, his.
Speaker 2: Confidence is up.
Speaker 1: Does that make a corner a little bit scary when they get that confidence up in a previous game where they were able to make.
Speaker 2: Some plays and coming into a game with a little more confidence. So what I would do is, before I get to answering.
Speaker 6: That question, I would say I was I was pleased with what I saw from Saint Jukes last week.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: He's been a guy that I've been a fan of since day one because not because of what he showed me, but because of his attributes, his height, his wingspan, and just the guy saw out that at times, I'm like, this guy, if he's developed the right way, he has great potential to be one of the stars in this league at his position. When it comes down to a guy like that, I never watched those guys, and be real with you, like as a receiver getting ready prepping for a game, I prep for the defense. Never watched the individual guy because I cared less about what they did individually. I was more worried about what they did as a whole to stop what I do. You know, one of the things that was vital to me is if you had a strong rush, then that was gonna stop a lot of things that we did with me because if the quarterback can't get the ball to me, who cares about who's sticking me, you understand. So with that being said, I'm loving the fact that I'm watching these guys. It's Uh, especially a guy like Saint Juice who's learned from week one to week two. I want to see that same group, that that same growth in week three. I want to see him mature enough to be saying, Okay, he's learned what he's The different positions he was in in week one and week two, week three, you can't catch him in that again.
Speaker 2: And I think that.
Speaker 6: Will allow all our guys as a whole to be more efficient defensively. I've seen different changes with the coaching staff and how they call plays in the second half of games. If all these guys could be on the same accord, it's it's it's it's earlier. Right now, it's too premature for us to want this, you know, from our staff. But if these guys could catch on anytime soon, it's gonna be trouble for a lot of guys because I feel like they're so young and it's so new to them. They still haven't got a grips of it, you know what I mean it still having caught the graphs of it. If they can catch hold to what they're being taught and be able to play within the confinements, trust me, man, it'll be catching criminals fall out of teams.
Speaker 4: See. The thing about being young is this you can be too young when you're scared to try it, to think you know, are you be just so young and stupid to way you don't care. They need to get to the point where they're young and stupid, they don't care, to where they are not afraid. See, you can be afraid to fail, but if you are afraid to fail, you won't be successful. And Benjamin Saint Ju showed last week the ability that he has, and in some games I actually see him. Man, he's in position, but he kind of gets to a point where he doesn't believe in himself enough just to run and put his hand up. He begins to oh lord and grab. That's a penalty right there. These guys have to get to the point where you do it so much to where it becomes second nature. Anybody out here, I know, anybody, I don't care if you rode the bike last week, yesterday, or twenty five years from now, from twenty five years ago, do you yet on the back and say, oh right foot, left foot, or you just start peling.
Speaker 5: You just start peling right.
Speaker 4: That's how you want to play football, Where you do it so much to where you don't even think about it. You just do defensive backs that are great. When the ball is thrown in their back is turned, they look at the hands and they run and then they do this. I put my hands where his hands is. I look because if you don't look, it's gonna be a pelty anyway. But if he's trying to catch a ball in my hands, in betweens, I'm stopping the ball from going into his hands, right Benjamin, who shows it every once in a while, A lot of the other defensive bat shows it. They have to get to the point where it's second nature to not where Oh, I just gotta beat. I gotta put my hands up. If you're thinking on the football field, you are losing. And I promise you that, believe me.
Speaker 2: Give these guys some love right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, we are at RP McMurphy's doing our live show and the fans showed up and showed out.
Speaker 1: Man, Thank y'all so much for always showing up for us. Man, it means so much, Toll.
Speaker 2: We appreciate y'all. We love y'all. Thank y'all for the fan questions. We hope to see y'all Monday night.
Speaker 1: But if y'all not at the game, y'all can still tune in to postgameing.
Speaker 2: Pregame Live six thirty prem will be pregame live on game day.
Speaker 1: These fellas will be breaking down everything just like they did just now, and we'll be right on the field. And then after the game postgame Live, we're hearing from coaches, players because of course we'll be celebrating a victory.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, there we go, there we go.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, yeah, fellas, as we wrap up final awards, final thoughts before we get on prom time.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm looking forward to a great game. You know one thing about me, I as a former player and the guy who does media, I don't sit and watch every game. I like to watch like patterns. What I saw today was a lot of teams that everybody better on. You lost a lot of damn money that we assume they're going to win.
Speaker 5: But football has changed.
Speaker 4: Back in the day when I played, tanna play, if the team was considered great, good, you can bet on them and bank.
Speaker 5: On it because they played all preseason.
Speaker 4: Today nobody plays in preseason, so we don't know what we're gonna get. Teams that looked great last week look horrible this week. Team that were horrible last week, are great this week. And I'm gonna say this, you're not lying about that. We have a team who came in the first game who if you look at that game, it was closer than with the score. In the second game, we won without scoring a touchdown. So if you win without scoring a touchdown, your team is not bad, it's good. We have to find a way that don't shoot ourselves in the foot, don't hurt ourselves. And if we can get that, yes, I believe, definitely we can win this damn game. You know, I'm not one there ever.
Speaker 5: Going to the game. Oh, we're gonna lose a game.
Speaker 4: No. I look at the fact that they lost.
Speaker 6: To New England, I should say the case closed right after that one. Honestly, I'm looking for progression.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 6: You know, when you have a team that's still trying to find their identity, you're giving them a chance. You give them that great period of establishing what they're trying to be. But at the same time, I'm with be Mitch or anything is possible, you know that thing they say that any given Sunday, even getting it Monday, even given Thursday or Saturday, you can win this game.
Speaker 2: If you.
Speaker 6: It's football, whatever whatever the other week you want. But I think you know we have a capable team. But I just want to see them continue to grow. And I think going into this week, this matchup is gonna be one of those matchups where everybody's counting us out.
Speaker 2: So you know, when they count you out, things normally happen differently. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It's not what everybody gonna expect to happen. So I'm looking for for us to hold them w's up and be on top man.
Speaker 3: But w's one more time for Brian Mitchell and Santana Moss.
Speaker 2: Yes, and one time for all of y'all.
Speaker 1: That made the drive, that made the trip that represents the Burgundy of gold again. We will see y'all tomorrow, Game Day LIB six thirty pm. Right from the field we out here in Cincinnati. Shout out to r P McMurphy's for holding it down and hosting us. Shout out to my producer Maddie Band for taking care of things. Our photographer Chastity Course set us shot up. Yes, this is the command, said the crew. We are all about to go get some fool see y'all tomorrow at six point thirty, I'm hungry,