Speaker 1: Look up to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 1: Breaking practice back.
Speaker 2: But I have another freaking fract that is back that I can't wait to bring on. Let's break off my special guest. Let's just break them boat up freaking practice back. Give it up that portion of Phedra but for dusted and JAVVD.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, look at it. How she showed up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she showed up. That's why I freaking frag right there.
Speaker 5: Back back again, Ready for the country club Kentucky Derby jack y'all our barbecue, Memorial Day celebration.
Speaker 3: All and fascinating and a fascinator.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Porsche.
Speaker 2: So Porscha decided to go see a house that had eight bid rooms. It cost four point two million dollars. She's with her sister Lauren. She's with her mother, Diane, and she is trying to figure out whether or not per the divorce proceeding. She's trying to get a hit of things, so she is out there looking just in case Simon in the court divorce proceedings if he is allowed an award of the house in the end. So just to update you guys, I believe this is public knowledge. It may be alleged, so I'll say allegedly just to be safe, but allegedly in the prenup of Porsche and Simon when Porsche a file for divorce. According I believe Simon revealed this, if I'm not mistaken, but Simon alleged that because of the prenup, Porscha is able to have the house, and I believe she's able to have it for a few years.
Speaker 1: There's all things Simon revealed.
Speaker 2: She's able to have the house for a couple of years or made when when the divorce is final. So that's why she is still in the house. And I think based on the prenup, Simon still has to pay the mortgage although he's not in the house. That's all alleged, but just in case the judge does say Porscha get out. She wants to be able to figure things out because when she was with Cordell, she left with nothing.
Speaker 1: This is what she said.
Speaker 2: So she was smart in her second divorce to make sure she had all of her ducks in the row. And in this case, her house is in a row. So Dustin and Das, let's start with jass Man, what did you think about that?
Speaker 5: I think the house is beautiful. I want to rent the guest house from her if she purchases that home. Her mom looks amazing. Her mom always looks like she has been looking so good the last couple of seasons.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I think Porsia is doing the smart thing.
Speaker 5: She did an even smarter thing if it is true with the prenup that Simon has to pay the mortgage on the house that she's currently in and she can stay there for a couple of years. So if that is true, she just was looking at this house for to have something to have as a storyline because we know that she can't film in that current home. But you know, Porscha learned from that first marriage with Cordell, who was not perfect by far. Gorde's not perfect by far. That was some of her best acting right there. But yeah, no, she said, I'm leaving here with something, And you know, it's the smart thing to do women. You know, women like Porsia is not gonna get burned twice, no matter how I might feel about her overall this season.
Speaker 6: That is the right thing to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, as a motherfucker that just moved myself. You always look at properties, whether you can afford them or now, whether you want them or not. You look at some things that are aspirational. You know, you have to be in certain spaces sometimes to manifest certain realities in your life and your future.
Speaker 3: And so maybe that's what we saw. To me.
Speaker 4: I don't like that whole court game they playing back and forth with that beautiful home that her and Simon was living in, because let's be clear, that was a badass house, right, but that game that was playing about who can occupy who can't? Being caught all up in that courtshit way to play it for that. And plus, your home is somewhere that you need to feel stability and comfort. There needs to be a place of certainty for you. You need to know you living there and not have a looming threat of being kicked the fuck out at wheel Er at any time, so I understand her looking. I wish we could have seen her buying. I wish Porscha's moo this season was yeah, I know, I can't talk about him, want me the film in the house, But I'm gonna let y'all and him and all his damn family because we've seen all them weddings. I'm gonna let all of them know. I'm buying my own house, you know what I'm saying. I wish that that is what we saw. We saw her closing the deal on the crib. Obviously, Porscha has an incredible deal to come back and be a part of the Real.
Speaker 3: Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 4: We've seen all the headlines of that dropped in all the trades and Variety and deadline and all that shit when she first got the deal to come back. There's more to her situation over there at Bravo and NBC Universal than just her participation in the Real Housewives of Atlanta. There's some unscripted opportunities. She's a great host. I personally will never forget what she did that slow motion gland back cam on the People's.
Speaker 3: Choice Carpet and tore it the fuck up in that black dress.
Speaker 4: That was a highlight for me, and that was a moment where I was like, you know, there's space for Porscha outside of just the things we've seen her do, so hopefully we see that. But her looking at the house wasn't shit to me. Porscha, we don't care about that. We need some actual, factual shit from you because you haven't been able to talk about the realities of your life that are so prominently occupying media space otherwise, so we haven't seen that from you.
Speaker 3: You need to have as many.
Speaker 4: Actual direct, you know, situations, tangible moments as you can since you can't film in the house that we all want to see you in that makes this and you can't even talk about Simon. You got to do something real, you know what I'm saying. Everything in your life can't be in question.
Speaker 6: So yeah, Carlos, I have a question for you.
Speaker 5: Is there any reason why we can't see the behind the scenes of her like working on developing some shows for NBC Universe, So like, why can't we see more of professional Porsche since she can't really talk about personal Porsche.
Speaker 4: Oh I miss you, Jass, Jasmine Henley Brown.
Speaker 2: So I've said this before, but I'll say it again. We don't talk about before we become live. We're going to talk about all of this is fresh and it's new, and that's the beauty of month in my live.
Speaker 1: So that's a good question.
Speaker 2: So to update the audience in case you guys don't know, Porsche decided not to return to The Real Housewives Atlanta after her spin off, Porsche's Family Matters, I think that.
Speaker 1: Was the name of it.
Speaker 2: She took three years off to be a wife, a Real housewife, and when she got back to the Royal House Sports of Atlanta, it, like Dustin said, it wasn't all the trades that Porsche had a She secured a scripted development deal with NBC Universal so that she was able to develop projects not only in.
Speaker 1: The unscripted space, but in the scripted space.
Speaker 2: And at that time, Porsche was definitely the first black woman on Bravo to achieve such merit.
Speaker 1: She was the first. So shout out to Porsche for that.
Speaker 2: To answer Jazz's question, which is a very good, solid question, because Porsche is unable to talk about signing for legal reasons, he sent cease and desist not only to the production company and the network in regards to not allowing cameras in the house, he also does not want to be mentioned as well. And I think in order to prevent anybody from getting some sort of legal notice, I would have done it with my shows as a company owner. Two, I think that deep there's certain people in my shows whose name don't get mentioned that y'all be asking me about, and I can't mention their names, nor can the cas because that happened. I do think one of the reasons, Jazz, why you aren't able to see Porsche develop shows for the network, which to me would be a great scene, is because oftentimes it's sort of it sort of puts the audience in this weird space to where they're taken out of her living her normal life. Does that make any sense, It's sort of like it's highlighting once again, you are a housewife.
Speaker 1: You have a deal with the network.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like when Kim Fields when I work with her, and Kenya grabbed her chair and I said, who would you like to talk to about what happened? And she said Andy Cohen And I said, mss Mama. Andy Cohen does not exist in this world, and she said, yes, he does. I speak to him all the time. I said, my love in this TV show right right, And Andy Cohen was able to receive phone calls.
Speaker 1: The entire franchise would do it.
Speaker 2: So I personally, Jasna would have love to see Portsiche develop stuff. What I what I do know is Porsche is developing things. Porsche is involved in a lot of projects, and I think, to your point, it would have been nice.
Speaker 5: To see that, yeah, because she's not She's not having a good season, and I think being able to see that part of her would at least give us a little more dimension because right now she's just giving yeah mean bad friends, all the negative things that people who know. I don't know her personally, you know, I executive produced her podcast with her her mom, like in the later stages, so I never even actually met Porsche. I just oversaw their own podcasts, So I don't know her personally. But what I do know from like people that work with her.
Speaker 6: That this isn't who she is.
Speaker 5: And I hate that this is the rap that she's getting this season because I've always only heard really good things about her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, and it's a stain. It's a stain. I'm sorry, Carlos, but it's a bad stain because these are things that these aren't new, you know, determinations that are being made about Porscha's character or her willingness to participate or be transparent. Shamiah threw us that ali real quick when the scene when they had to sit down last week, and she said, I want you to be the Porsche that we see off cameron when we were off camera kicking it, and I told you that this is what I wanted to see on camera. What did you say? You said, they got to pay me my money for that. Shamia saying that on camera was not by chance. Let's be clear, because that's a very direct implication. It's a very clear picture painted of a person's intention and of how a person is showing up and answering the call, right, And so I just, you know, let's just say that.
Speaker 3: But we want to see the real Porscha.
Speaker 4: We love seeing the off camera Porsche on Instagram and on her great YouTube channel that don't make me called Porsche Show, and her and Dennis and all this shit we see in that damn badass house, that.
Speaker 3: Beautiful fucking house that we can see everywhere but the real house. I was of Atlanta.
Speaker 4: We see it on Amazon Live, we see it on YouTube, we see it everywhere at butt there.
Speaker 3: But you know, for whatever reason, she can't we get that.
Speaker 4: We're just saying a little bit more of something to work with from her would be great because me personally, I don't dislike Porsche. I enjoy what she brings to the show, and you need somebody that's edgy and sharp. If she's not carrying the villain blade this season, who you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, we'll get to her next, so I think it's playing the fill and play before we move on. I will say this about Porsche and what you guys are seeing this season. I said this before Jasmine obviously wasn't here for that, and Dustins making a good point too, I do think is this what we saw in season six? And I was there season six. I didn't work with portsche on season five, that was her debut season, and I remember watching her at home being like, this girl is a star. Like I just I thought she had the eye and the tee because the way her and Kenya would have their back and forth was so delicious to watch, and she was so quick on her feet but whole like by Ashy and how she was just quick to like whatever Kenya gave her, she picked it up and threw it back at her.
Speaker 1: It was an amazing sport between the two.
Speaker 2: And when there were conversations about whether or not to bring her back, I was one of the people like, I'm unbiased. I didn't work on last season. As I'm entering season six, I want her to come back. I'm obsessed with this girl and I feel like you guys haven't seen the best of her yet, so I'm advocating for Porsche to come back. When she came back season six, Kenya said this already, talk about saying anything new. Kenya did not work for two weeks because Kenya decided Kenya had a hard time coming back, So we spent the first two weeks filming tons of scenes with Porschechot because Porsche understood the assignment and when she was going through the divorce with the Cordell What y'all saw season six was Porsche being able to talk about her divorce, talk about what she was going through with Cordele. You saw her emote with her mom and her sister. When the boxes came to the house and she put the knife to the cake. The cake or no the photo album, sorry, the photo album. You saw Porsche being able to talk about her divorce, being distraught about it, and when she did move to Duluth and she moved in Nini's neighborhood and Nini was like, you're in my neighborhood. After Favor told Nini like, yeah, she lives in your neighborhood. And Needa called Porsia a bad friend. What we, meaning the producers and the audience knew at that time and Porsche's life was she is not herself because she's going through this massive divorce and Porsche was losing lots of weight. Porscha was in a horrible place during season six, but she was able to talk about it. And when Nini said she was a bad friend, the reason why they were able to get past this because Porsche said, I.
Speaker 1: Need you to understand when I'm going through my divorce.
Speaker 2: So when people are talking about Porcha this season, I think what I would like for everyone to understand is unfortunately she's not able to give us the level of reality the way that she was with Cordell, and when you're seeing her do things and Porscha said this on her on YouTube channel make sure y'all subscribe to it, that she was just like all over the place this season because she was she wasn't mentally in the right space now making excuse this, I think if you guys who are the historians of housewives, if you look at Porscha's season six going through shit and being called the bad friend, we all gave her a pass.
Speaker 1: Because she was going through something so tumultuous.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, we're not able to see that because Simon wanted to prevent her from having great season allegedly and not being able.
Speaker 1: To talk about him filming the house.
Speaker 2: So all she's able to do is show up and be distracted.
Speaker 4: So there's another note there, though, Los There's another note there. Part of what endeared and hooked the viewers into porsa historian between seasons five and six, and actually from season five more going forward, was there was a freedom, right, there was a breaking of the chains and unshackling that took place. Porscha was very much submissive and very much docile in her role as a wife to Cordell, right when a lot of people felt like it was undeserved and it's so much so that she remember, you know, you were there. She didn't want to go to the strip club when they were in Vegas. She didn't want to do all these things. There was that big kerfuffle on the bus, right, Okay, So after that, Porsia's story became Now that I'm free from this controlling husband or this husband who call them control and call them you know, restrictive whatever. Yeah, right, Jasmine, Now I can exist in the fullness of my womanhood.
Speaker 3: She got her titties done. She started you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: She showed up more, She was more vocal and much more like Okay, yes I am a single, beautiful black woman, and yes I do have sex appeala natural charisma, and she stepped into it, right. But you really only have one opportunity to make that pivot or go through that portal once you're there.
Speaker 3: You there.
Speaker 4: So seeing Porsche in this iteration of a divorce, right, which, of course we have empathy and fellow feeling for her, But that combined with the history and the track record that we've seen that is less than ethical, We'll say, right, depending on where you stand on the side of those things, there's questions that can be asked. So it has waned the amount of grace that she's been given this go round.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's a different it's a different divorce arc for Porsia this time because it's a completely different portra and I think people are struggling with finding empathy and finding fellow feeling for something that we all understand to be a difficult circumstance when you think about what she has imposed on others throughout her own actions, and I think that's the bridge that people are kind of having difficulty finding this time around.
Speaker 3: That's the difference you feel me.
Speaker 5: That's such a good point to bring up, Dustin because as much as people who are close to her such as Carlos right not throwing you under the bus, but like Carlo, people who work closely with Porsche, she is a good person to you guys, But for the audience she has shown on multiple occasions that she has the capacity to not be that good of a person, Like the whole thing with Bald and Simon that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, and we don't have an excuse for that, Like what was she going through then? That would make her make a choice like that, right, Like, yeah, we can give her grace for going through a divorce, and yes, that can make a person really nasty. We've also seen Porsia grow up a lot on this show. She was very young when she started. Any woman watching Porsha knows this is like kind of the natural evolution of women. We all go through this as we get older, if you become more comfortable with ourselves. But the flip side of that is that she's had so many other instances where it's like, we cannot make an excuse for this behavior. And once you do that type of behavior on multiple occasions, it's like, is that just who you are? And you know, people have multiple sides to them. She can be multiple things.
Speaker 6: Everybody is layered.
Speaker 5: But I think think the argument for people, you know, as Doeston mentioned not having a lot of grace for her, it's just like, how much grace can I give a person that has shown on more than one occasion that they have the propensity to not really be the most klosher person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think listen, I definitely think when it comes to everything you're saying, there is room for that to be discussed, and they sit down over long interview.
Speaker 4: So I'm a person who likes Porsche, so her in conversation with you, I welcome it.
Speaker 3: I like Porsche.
Speaker 4: I like when she's bringing I just recognize certain shit for what it is, and I wish she just stand in it, just stand in it. I don't like them. So I'm gonna say this.
Speaker 3: I'm mad and Drew.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna go to dinner with her. Say she want to film with my baby daddy. Now I'm gonna film with her, nigga on camera.
Speaker 3: Just say it and then people can receive it.
Speaker 4: That's why people love Kenya, because when Kenya was on some bullshit, she would to say it's like, oh no, I'm absolutely gonna, and then you would have it. I think that's the difference, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the world can respect a villain that stands in their villainaire.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I love a villain. I love a villain.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, I want to get to Brett, who some people are calling the villain of the season. Jasmine, I have no idea how you feel about Bread. This is by this episode is so thrilling to me. So in this episode, hints hints Jasmin's costume, it's the old to bread.
Speaker 4: Not give up fascinator, give it up for Jazz's fascinator and gloves, yes, okay and glove.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if she plays golf in this outfit, but we will ask for that later.
Speaker 1: So not do I pay people. I like to feed them.
Speaker 2: To this Jasmine mnf penough and TUTSI rolls on me now with that being.
Speaker 5: Baby, I'm so sorry. I am not I'm not impoverished. I'm not eating row.
Speaker 6: But I will take a word. There's caramel. I will take a word. There's caramel.
Speaker 4: Take awa, there's original. You can call me old as you want. The motherfuckers is good. And anybody grandmama's great auntee friends, special friend, if your grandma's in that life whatever, I want one at the bottom of your purse. I love words, and I love them. Strawberry candies. It's in that strawberry Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So in this episode, this episode backdrop in terms of an event, hey, tsha, in terms of an event, this I miss her episode.
Speaker 3: I missed them.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Carlos, Okay, I will okay, this is so much fun. Brit said that she has this shape wear line and the shape were line is called Bear Naked, not to be confused with Porscha's multimillion dollars Go Naked Hair. That it's off the shells and gets Tramundo's from go Naked here dot com.
Speaker 5: Now she clear, Carlos, it's not bear naked, it's Bear and naked.
Speaker 1: Thank you journalist, Jack, Bear and Naked.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is not Bear and Naked.
Speaker 1: In case you guys from wondering.
Speaker 6: No, that is not from Ali Express. It doesn't.
Speaker 1: It's from Express.
Speaker 2: So Britt did say in this episode that her insurance license is on hold and now she gets to focus on her shapewear mine.
Speaker 1: Now, have you guys been watching the show?
Speaker 2: Britt did say that after ken Getmore displayed those images of her, she said that allegedly there was an investigation in terms of her insurance license. Claudia and Jordan spoke to a insurance licensed her who.
Speaker 1: That story step that's not true, but that's a legend. So I don't know. I'm not so Claudia.
Speaker 2: Claudia spoke to not only one sort, she spoke to too, and they both said the live detective test said that was a lie. Claudia sources said, we do practice journalism on Monday Night Live, so I want to touch on that before we get to the event. I thought it was carefully If I'm being honest, I thought I was carefully crafted to make that statement in terms of why we are now going to focus on the shape or line, because we haven't seen brit at work, and that is something that I think when your new housewife, we want to see you at work. We see Angela Oakley in her rental properties, we see Shmia at the radio station. We saw maybe one scene I think of Kelly at work. I would love to see work Kelly at work, but we haven't seen Britt do anything in terms of work. When that timent was made, did you think it was used as a way to dispel the rumor that her insurance license did in fact get canceled.
Speaker 5: I don't know that it did much to dispel anywhere. I don't think anybody was like cared about it anymore. Honestly, I think by the time this is introduced, like we're kind of over it, Angela had already called her out about the story that she started to tell about her insurance license at the forgiveness brunch or whatever.
Speaker 6: So I think we as.
Speaker 5: An audience er, you know, I'll speak for myself. I stopped caring at that moment. I was like this, something in the milk isn't clean. With this, she's probably lying. I'm ready to move on. I'm ready to move on from Britain just in general. So I think that also might be why I just like, I don't, I don't really care, you know what I mean. She is a villain this season. Anytime you starve people, that's a villain. This behavior it's very really very mean, very nasty.
Speaker 6: But maybe she was starving us so that they could fit into her shapewear.
Speaker 5: That's question happy food. So yeah, just to answer your question, I didn't care either way. Like girl, all these ladies have these businesses. One season, next season they have another business. She's going to be a rapper next season and working on her album.
Speaker 6: It is what it is. It wasn't a big deal. It didn't even stand out to me. Honestly. It stood out more to me that she couldn't.
Speaker 5: Afford to pay her entire party, or to pay for her entire party to eat.
Speaker 6: That's what stood out to me the most.
Speaker 3: Okay, so two things, So thank you, my love. Two things right.
Speaker 4: Number one, let's get on the food issue. That food thing, for me, I look at it the same way I look at like if I was black China and Tokyo Tony was my mama, nobody would know about it. You know what I'm saying. I would lie to the bitter end about that. Not lie, but I just would never put it out there. If she said she was my mom, I'd be like, I've never seen that woman in my life, you know what I'm saying. Certain things the audience did not even have to know, brit exposing that faux paw with the food or whatever. You should have threw that card down on that table so fast and been like feed everybody in the room will take care of it, you know what I'm saying, So that you don't look inadequate in that way when you're on a show that it's all about optics and all about how presentation, you know what I'm saying. On the show where your cash Mae was gifted a five hundred thousand dollars SUV in the first fucking episode, like that kind of stuff matters. In addition to who in the fuck wants to have an event where you not feeding motherfuckers? Were people out in there with that plate and an expectation and no return on that. I just don't think it was cool to me, like her husband should have stepped in and been like and.
Speaker 3: Who knows if he did or did not.
Speaker 4: We don't know what took place, but based on what we saw on the screen, it would have been nice to see somebody fix that or us not even know that that happened, because unfortunately it made people look like brit is not taking care of her business when it comes to bill.
Speaker 3: Shit like that, You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The classic things that they love to throw at housewives, especially Black Housewives, they do this. And when I say they, I mean the critics of the show and people who speak negatively about the show. They love throwing the accusation of a person living beyond their means or not really having access to means and resources like they do. They love throwing that shit at the Black Housewives. And so you know that that exists.
Speaker 3: Britt. You're a person who was looking at Ferraris the week before.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. You live in this beautiful home with this Rose Royce, suv pay the money to feed the damn people. When you see them sitting there, there's no way that people should have been sitting there hungry, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So there's that second of all.
Speaker 4: The reason that her having that conversation about the bare naked launched in Land is because we don't know brit as a person.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: We've seen brit in what two scenes with her family, and then we've seen the totality of what we've been present presented to on behalf of brit in the shows, her in conflict with Kenya and her in conflict with the women as a residual element.
Speaker 3: Of her conflict with Kenya. That's all we got.
Speaker 4: So when she said when she offered the intention of the event over verbally to Kelly and them, I believe it was Kelly and Shemiah at that point in the show, it didn't land because we don't know her tone when she's being sincere.
Speaker 3: We don't know her tone when she's being fake.
Speaker 4: We just know her arguing or defending herself against whatever odds, right, And so I think that's why it didn't land. Right on top of her simply not having her shit together with that event, it's really that sible.
Speaker 3: She just didn't have her shit together, so we don't know her. You don't have your shit together. That's not landing well with us.
Speaker 4: This is episode twelve and we saw Brit tail her castmates. Well, I just feel like, you guys haven't got a chance to really get to know me yet, and so I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Have this event.
Speaker 4: That's a problem if we twelve episodes in and reintroducing a new housewife to the series, that's a problem with the deliverables from brit You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think she got what it takes. I'm not hating on her.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see necessarily her not come back or whatever. I would just love to see her dig deeper at least lean your loubutin all the way into the villain role. If you're gonna be a villain and you're really gonna be on here giving these women hell, give them hell. You know what I'm saying, like, do it, Just be upfront with it, because the act is not landing well with the viewers based on.
Speaker 3: What I see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's she's a hard one to connect with. I made a YouTube video just recapping like the first couple of episodes of Real Housewives of Atlanta, and Britt is very familiar to me, Like, I know a person just like Brit.
Speaker 6: They've had some.
Speaker 5: Really bad experiences with women. She's a beautiful girl, and people try to eat me up about this because, like I said, Britt is a beautiful girl. She's probably used to women treating her badly because they're jealous of her. And everybody was like, well, you're acting like everybody else on the cast is ugly. I'm not saying that, but some people internalize that jealousy, like really really deeply, and Brit seems like one of those people. She wanted to be liked in this group, and then she she wasn't by the person that I think she really wanted approval from, which was Kenya.
Speaker 6: She didn't have that right away, and so.
Speaker 5: That soured her for the rest, you know, the rest of the time there. I talked about how she is coming off really unlikable, but that I didn't want to see her go because she actually drove a lot of the big drama at the beginning of the season. Now that didn't really go anywhere. It's you know, there's another story going on. We've kind of gotten away from that, but she was a talk of the town before this aired, and for the first few episodes. That is that is a good housewife. Whether you like her as a person or not, that's somebody that deserves a spot on the show. And to your point, though, Dustin, sorry, we are not getting to know her personally, right so on top of it already just being hard to connect with her, she's very embraceive immediately you say something to her. I think people like have called on she doesn't know how to read, so she just is like glow. She goes yeah, she goes for the jugular, similar to Marlowe. Right, Like Marlowe's very nasty because she didn't know how to read. Brit does the same thing. And I think showing her when we see her with her family, those are actually the moments when I'm like, this girl isn't bad, Like I can see where there's some likability there, but there isn't enough of that. And so to your point with us like having to be reintroduced to her or getting to know her this far in, people have already made up their minds unfortunately, and like, I don't know that she has enough time to turn to change the tide of public opinion.
Speaker 4: One more point before we move on. I'm sorry those that's my second time jumping on your feet.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, bro, but section of the stories.
Speaker 4: Right, My thing is people can look at brit being the victor in the her versus Kenya situation, right, because let's be clear, Kenya is off the show and britt Edie is forever gonna be known as a person that got Kenya. Some people might say ran Kenya off the show, anthy at its best, whatever you want to call it, but she is that the problem with that, right, those are the biggest shoes you can possibly have to feel as a person who is joining a cast of a show at season sixteen and responsible for the termination of a character as relevant, as impactful, and as multifaceted and as fruitful as Kenya Moore was, because now you got to show and prove okay, you won that battle, but now what's up? What else you got? And unfortunately Bridge Sparkler fizzle right on out. So when it's ken your left and we all been sitting there with our poems up, like you know what I'm saying, like what is this? And so I think that that's it, get the motherfucker off the show if that's what you're on.
Speaker 3: But you have to be able to deliver on the other side of that in order to.
Speaker 4: Justify such a huge movement within the show and within the makings of the show.
Speaker 3: And I just don't feel like we've gotten that yet.
Speaker 1: Child.
Speaker 2: We are just getting started. This is Reality Team with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. All good points. I'm gonna pick up where you left off and then go back to Jackson's point when you talked about brit situation, and the situation obviously was Kenya showed images of Brit at her hair salon SPA event, and it was the network's decision to remove Kenya for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: I said this the moment I learned this happened.
Speaker 2: So similar to any industry, right, the reality industry is very small.
Speaker 1: I hear everything, I know everything before.
Speaker 2: You guys know about it. I don't talk about it because I'm not messy like y'all think.
Speaker 1: I am. Okay, I kill myself, I'm fun for shame. It's the difference. Hilarious girl by I will say this. I will say this.
Speaker 2: The moment I learned what happened at Kenya's Harris SPA situation, I obviously was like, that wasn't great.
Speaker 1: I think anybody breathing said that wasn't great.
Speaker 2: When I learned that Kenya Moore was not allowed to continue filming, I said this, if I was britt Edie, I would have fought for Kenya to stay because I would have set to Brit you will be known as the girl that got Kenya off the show.
Speaker 1: And because Kenya is a lover hater.
Speaker 2: Kenya is such a polarizing legend in this field that you don't want your legacy, Britt to be the girl that got Kenya.
Speaker 1: Off the show.
Speaker 2: Because the audience love them or hate them, the audience is only going.
Speaker 1: To ride for those they are familiar with.
Speaker 2: And when it comes to Kenya, you are right, Dustin, those are no one Listen. No one can fill Kenya moore shoes.
Speaker 1: It is what it is. No one can.
Speaker 2: So the unfortunate thing about what's going on with Britt and I do feel bad for Britt. I'm gonna say this, I feel bad for brit because unfortunately she will forever be known as the girl that got Kenya off the show, not that it was her decision. It was not her decision.
Speaker 1: It was not not not not not not her.
Speaker 2: Decision, Right, Claudia, if you're able to hop on hop on land when you land. So the thing is this, We're all looking at Britt and Carlos are king concluded, We're all looking at Britt, like, okay, they show us something. Kenya's off the show. You know, she got removed. It was not BRIT's choice.
Speaker 1: Don't blame her. It was not her choice. Suck, But it's sort of the.
Speaker 2: It's sort of the world in which she now has to live in. And as I'm watching the season, I said, in episode one in the premiere, y'all can watch it, I said, I love Britt, I love Kelly.
Speaker 1: Those are the two I got my eyes on.
Speaker 2: And then as I start to watch this season, I said, hopefully is the top dog now And I'm being very honest, and this is this is, this is what it is Brit. Unfortunately, it's not living up to the expectations that I think everybody have for her.
Speaker 1: And I think.
Speaker 2: Britt should have really did a reset and focused on, like, what is my narrative moving forward? I feel bad for brit And I'm gonna say this for real, for re for real, because at the end of the day, you like Brittain, you don't like her.
Speaker 3: She's new.
Speaker 1: She has no idea how this ship works.
Speaker 2: And she unfortunately has to live with the fact that that will forever be her identity. And I think in the bubble of this show, she is trying to live up to the old days of Atlanta shopping for a car, the differences, Baby Kim Zosiak drove off the lot with it, about drove off the lot with it, my girls on none of my seasons when car shopping, and then then zero out the worst of Ninny Leeks.
Speaker 1: Live up the garage. It's the motherfucking clubs I got look up the garage.
Speaker 2: Don't talk about of us, talk about now sell that to say. And then when I see her event at the country club, I live in a country club.
Speaker 5: And do your neighbors know you?
Speaker 1: Biglove, absolutely absolute? They know who I am.
Speaker 2: I got my golf cart and I drived down the neighborhood and do the Miss America wave because I want them to know there's a black man in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: And y'all gonna know it's me. It's not real conversation.
Speaker 2: My neighbors know who I am, the community knows who I am, the hoa knows who I am.
Speaker 1: I live my view.
Speaker 2: I can walk to the golf course in my backyard. I know how this works. So when Britt is showing this off, it's hard to digest because it's sort of like, is this your reality? And that's where Britt. Now, this is where BRIT's gonna have to take the onus. I gave her a pass. Now, Britt, you're gonna have to take the onus for this if you're going to talk about your shape where follow the life of Kimberlee, Noel Kardashian and I would have had gift gifts for everybody, not just food. I wouldna have food for sure. If you can't afford the chicken and all that. Do charcuterie board, do meatballs? Do sliders? Do something?
Speaker 1: Have shapewear for everybody in there.
Speaker 2: I would have war shape where you've Kim Kardashian had a skims event in Miami, and she wore skims as she was parading around the party.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see the polka dot dress with the feathers.
Speaker 2: I don't care to see you guys play golf in in dresses.
Speaker 1: I wanted to.
Speaker 2: See you be the model of your company. And that's where Britt, You're gonna have to take my onus for that. You talking to your team about the girls was supposed to eat it. I'm gonna tell you what I got from it. BRIT's focus was feeding the cast and not anyone else, because she knew that if I don't feed the cast or reading the confessionals. But girl, they read you anyway.
Speaker 4: They haven't event just for the cast, like Porsche deal with her pamper by Porscha launch.
Speaker 3: Don't invite others to the event.
Speaker 4: If the if you have to sacrifice an element or you know, an element of the event or the celebration, something that's critically important as fucking food.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You see each one of the housewives, even Cynthia, my girl, we love you Cynthia.
Speaker 3: Even Cynthia was like, well I can split my salmon with somebody.
Speaker 4: They started talking shit when they found out that she only had food for them and not everybody else, which as they should, right. So you just have to be a little bit more strategic and preventative, you know what I'm saying, when you're planning out what you do, You're absolutely right. Her dress was just as tight as the shape. Where while you ain't have the bear make it on, you know what I'm saying, you could have just had it on, you know what I mean, and done something totally different. I will give her credit for wanting to have an over the top event, you know, we associate that with the housewives of any city, you know.
Speaker 3: Big deal events or whatever.
Speaker 4: So there was something charmingly misaligned about them.
Speaker 3: Golfing and stilettos and.
Speaker 4: You know all this, you know, all this fan fare, right, but that can only work when there are real deal, substantive elements in the rest of the situation, and they just something weren't there.
Speaker 3: So Britt, you missed the mark, baby, you missed it.
Speaker 5: Have some prototypes next time, Like she gave the cast those you know, she went to Macy to the missing section, got some shape where took the tags off, and then gifted that. Why not have prototypes of the rest of your line at your events, like we need to see that you're selling to an audience.
Speaker 6: But that's what I mean.
Speaker 5: I feel like sometimes these girls, they come up with these business ideas and it feels like it's almost on the fly, just so that they can have an excuse to like have an extravagant event, because that doesn't that doesn't track a woman who was like really successful allegedly with an insurance company, and he've been thinking about this business since you started that insurance company. You should have prototypes by now.
Speaker 6: We would have been able to.
Speaker 5: Forgive the golfing and to letos. We wouldn't have been able to forgive the food. I'll never forgive that, but we would have been able to forgive something. How do you have prototypes there, or like a fashion show or something like show us the product line.
Speaker 6: It was just yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a miss No, it was. It was a missed opportunity. And and you're right, listen. The sad part.
Speaker 2: About reality TV stars nowadays, not all, but some. It's exactly what Jasmine Destina pointing out. Some of these new girls are just trying so hard to be the moment instead of allowing the moment to be down. And that's why the greatest new reality star of twenty twenty five goals to Angela Oakley because she really is herself. And Angela could sell cheese on a fucking hot dog and I'm buying it at Costco. I Angela can sell me anything that I have, I would just buying support.
Speaker 3: Her any book. I'm glad you said Costco because a lot of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll have an event at at my country club and make sure all my neighbors have something to walk away with.
Speaker 1: Job selling it seriously.
Speaker 2: It's the reason why Porscha has a multi million dollar business because you support people, you feel like you have a connection with right. And it's the reason why Candy Burrs is hugely successful in everything she does, because when you like.
Speaker 1: Somebody, you support it.
Speaker 2: And when it comes to these new girls, you gotta stop trying to follow the leader and instead be your own person. Just I tell all new girls this, be yourself, but also be honest about what you're going through.
Speaker 1: The fact that a Isela Oakley.
Speaker 2: Admit it, she is two million dollars in that, no one will ever talk about that nowadays from riality television.
Speaker 1: No one will the fact that she's honest about it.
Speaker 2: She's out of the fact that I have this realtor is my house is now slashed back to the what I paid for and she's walking away without a profit. That is normal this climate of selling homes and whatever the market value is low.
Speaker 1: We're all suffering through that. But she's honest about it.
Speaker 2: So again, you guys got to stop being stop trying to like be what the show used to be, and just be yourself. And all of you girls need to study Angela Oakley if you're going to dring reality TV starting today moving forward, because she did it right and that's exactly why she is now the fan favorite.
Speaker 5: I say, don't study her too hard, though, because then we're gonna get carbon copies of Angela.
Speaker 6: Everybody an't able, right, Like I.
Speaker 5: Think Angela you hit the nail on the head sheets so much herself, and that's why it's working for her. I think with Britt, Britt wants to belong so badly that she's over doing it. She's over selling it, and that's why it's not landing with people. Angela fantastic and being two million dollars in debt, I don't I don't know. It's not anything anybody can like make as a dig because.
Speaker 6: In the words of Karen Huger, you have to well, she said, you have.
Speaker 3: To make oh millions, absolutely.
Speaker 5: So I do like that she was really open with that. She was open about her husband being faithful in the past, like she's she's happy to put a lot of things on the table. I said at the beginning of the season though, that I do think that Angela wasn't being as upfront with some of her familial issues because her not knowing that her daughter got married and kind of having to hear from other family members. That seemed to me, I was like, something about that doesn't sit right. And then even that conversation that she had with her mom, who I just learned today passed away, so rest in peace to her mother.
Speaker 6: So sorry to hear that.
Speaker 5: Leaven the conversation with her mom, I'm like, there's some other kind of deeper issues within her family that she's she's not talking about on the show, So when we're hearing these conversations with her family members, it's like something is missing. But other than that, I have no no issues with Angela and Carlos. You said something earlier about like with britt getting Kenya off the show, and like the audience will write who they are familiar with. I think the audience is going to ride with who they like, right because Pat the table has been turned and it had been Angela that got Kenya.
Speaker 6: Kicked off the show.
Speaker 5: I don't think people would like people would still care. I mean, people would still like her.
Speaker 1: She's just what she's right, But it's because he's delivering exactly.
Speaker 2: So No, I think the mistake that Britt made because even when so Jazz, when when Britt was talking to her mom about the images King and displayed me, Dustin and Claudia talked about it, and none of us felt felt any any none of us felt the connection there because even in the conversation she had but her mom, it was like, I need to understand from you and your mother what you're what what you were going through at that time to make that decision of being a webcam girl and your mom being somebody in your life, Like, let's really talk about it. So I do agree with you, You're gonna ride for who you like. And that's why I'm saying Britt has to take responsibility for what she's not giving because I don't fill any connection with her right now. I started this season off being like, Oh, Britt, is that girl? Watch my, watch my recaps. I would Sayrit, and then I'm like, Okay, Britt, I gotta see more. I gotta see more. And this episode should have been BRIT's redemption episode because to the producer's credit, they actually followed your business. And if Brit doesn't have a website that's up today where I can buy the shapewear.
Speaker 4: Because you don't have to have a product. It's smart to but you don't have to. You don't have to have an event for that. Brick could have had a big event just for the cast. Like, listen, shit's been fucked up. I want you to get to know me. So here's an event we're gonna do X, Y Z or whatever. The point of this event it is for us to connect. I want to get to know you. That each more, shit was fucked up before, let's do it. It didn't have to be an event for a thing she's launching, you know.
Speaker 6: What I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it don't have there's no formula as to how to be a great real housewife.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: There are things that we've seen and we appreciating other people who are performed well in that capacity, right, but there is no true formula. Originality is the only thing that we see as a through line in success in a housewives space, So just be original. We didn't need to see her have an event ricky mistake maybe, but like, I don't know, I just think if you're the person who I just think you should have understood the assignment a little bit more, you know. And I don't think people are unfairly judging her. I think that if you're going to step into those shoes as the who got this big person off the show, you need to deliver with something else.
Speaker 3: On the other end of that. That's simple.
Speaker 5: If she comes back for enough oh sorry, go ahead, Carlos. Now if she comes back for another season, though, I think she's smart enough to take some notes and look at what she did wrong this season and come back with something different.
Speaker 6: Now are we gonna like that something different next season?
Speaker 5: Jerry still out, But I think Britt is if nothing else, I think that she will be able to see what she did wrong this season and try to do something else next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because at the end of the day, she has she's a beautiful woman, and she has she has the personality to make you want her and listen. It's okay to not know how to read there's a couple of girls who survive a long time that did not know how to read. It's a bonus if you do, but if you don't, that's fine, but you have to be able to give the audience something. I did love. So Brett, hear me out. I did love it. You admitted to have a BBL. And these are things that I, Okay, I'm gonna say this. I'm gonna move on what I was expecting of Brit this season.
Speaker 1: I wanted Brit to.
Speaker 2: Be that that beautiful new girl to Atlanta that admit on her own, like, look back.
Speaker 1: In the day, your girl had a BBL.
Speaker 2: I got it because I was around these girls with big booties and I wanted one. I did webcam because x Y and Z reason. Because the thing is everybody roots for the underdog. And if Brit would have come forward with all of her past mistakes and learned from them and told us about it and said look at me, Navich, we all would be on her side. So I did like the admits of her admitting the BBL, but I do want to see more from her now.
Speaker 1: I want to move on.
Speaker 2: To Shmia versus Drew so Drew, Soadora confront of Shmia for remixing the story to Portia about Drew telling Angela and Shmia that the music she's making with Dennis would pay for Polar's college tuition. By the way, Juice of Door album it's a ten out of ten. I'm gonna say this and I take it back. It's his second best R and B album off this year, next to Coco Jones rain Drops No Jazmine rain Drop. Do yourself a favor, download the album. There's this song on her album, call I did It for Me. I played it twenty seven times on Friday because and Dennis McKinley wrote the lyrics.
Speaker 1: He wrote the.
Speaker 2: Song, Oh shut off to Dennis, it's great.
Speaker 1: I like good Girl Turned Babbage something like whatever. It's all that jazz. It's a great album, Okay. I like Shamia versus Drew.
Speaker 2: To me, I've seen better reads between Monique, Monique and and Porsche. I mean shut up notice. So yeah, if y'all haves today, y'all gonna get this.
Speaker 1: Series six. It's Amana, episode nine. Thank you Monique, my Nique.
Speaker 2: I know it's all in here, babies, all in the brain. Season six, episode nine, The Savannah Trip watch it.
Speaker 1: So Monique my Nique was Niini's.
Speaker 2: Friend who got read by Phedra and she said, on Phil Red and then she tried to read She tried to read Porsche at this bar because Porsche was like, oh my gosh, your husband was dating Candy and Pedra and the Monique Nique said, we're about your husband. It was a week read. I'd of liked to read Patree Jewishubia. I thought it was lackluster. It did nothing for me. I love you, Drew, I love I thought it was blackluster flat.
Speaker 6: It felt flat. And you want to know what's interesting about Drew.
Speaker 5: I have notoriously been very very hard on Drew, especially on her late one.
Speaker 6: I did call her late and she is, you know, she's getting better. Yeah, but she's still a couple of minutes past.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jasmine, ladies and gentlemen, okay.
Speaker 6: But I have been enjoying her a little bit more.
Speaker 5: And she looked phenomenal on your interview, Like, but I've never I've never not said that she was like, she's a beautiful bro. And I've always maintained that she just gives actor all the time, and she does have very whack reads, very rehearsed, but.
Speaker 6: Shamia is they're on the same level, because what what Shamia?
Speaker 1: Like, what was that? It?
Speaker 6: Shi? She has so much potential, Like I'm.
Speaker 5: Very disappointed in how her balloon is just deflating. Like she has every component to be like the Queen Bee of Atlanta. I thought this is we were setting her up to be that, but she is so comfortable playing the back, like she's so comfortable like not taking charge.
Speaker 6: Like if she had more of.
Speaker 5: If she even acted a little bit more like Britt, Like if Brit had what Shamia had, Britt would be it, Brit would be it. Shamiah has every component, but she doesn't have the right attitude to really take over the franchise and be like the Queen Bee.
Speaker 6: And yeah, her read she's.
Speaker 5: Just so crass to me sometimes, like I'm not I like, I think Shamia is a sweet girl. She's fallen flat from me though on this season. I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm not.
Speaker 4: The problem is what we saw from Shamiah at BRIT's bearing negative event was such a sharp contrast from what we saw at Shamia during her birthday when all the women had on white and she brought them up to that sitting conversational room in her house upstairs, and they sat down and she kind of led and guided that conversation. That's the Shmiah that felt good we were watching the show, right, that was the Shemir that felt as if there had been in advancement or some progression in confidence and in showing ship.
Speaker 3: As a housewife.
Speaker 4: That's the Shemir that we were enjoying what we saw at Bridge bearing Nekeadi event, the barking, and honestly, even if they did have good reads quote unquote, in this conversation, it was a conversation about fucking nothing. They don't have a reason to be mad at each other, okay, And so that's why we're all grasping for Strawson. I try to make that shit work makes sense, or find something to be attracted to or to enjoying that conversation.
Speaker 3: They don't need to be arguing. It's that simple.
Speaker 4: Drew did not say that she was paying for Pj's college in a nasty way.
Speaker 3: She threw a jab, you know what I'm saying. It was not well intentioned, but it was a jab.
Speaker 4: Nonetheless, and Porsa's daughter was mentioned in this space anytime you even say a child's name.
Speaker 3: You are quote unquote talking about my child, and now it's fucking up, and so it's on. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I think that's kind of what they took after that, But they just don't have a reason to be arguing, and that's why it fell flat for us. Shemiah, run the show, hold court, be the girl, the woman that you are everything like Jasmine, you just beautifully illustrated how Shamiyah has all the tools.
Speaker 3: You got everything it takes. Arguing with Drew, turning your back, yelling, not being.
Speaker 4: Composed and poised like all of those things kind of lessen your score essentially, right, because we're keeping scorering that conversation of who's ahead of who? It lessn't our score. I just think it was beneath what we were initially presented with from her. Take us back to that season, get these ladies back together and that room at your house and sit down up there and talk about some real shit and run the show.
Speaker 3: That's what we want to see from Shemiah.
Speaker 2: So I want to say this, and I said it before y'all tried to read me. Not you does some jazza meaning some of the people in the chat. I'm gonna say this and I take it back. The reason why everybody's find of love with Shamia the first episode is because there is nothing like seeing the full life of a housewife, the fullness of their lives. To see Shamillah, who is strikingly beautiful, has an amazing body, We had no idea share all this wealth, and but most importantly we saw her husband. We saw her husband, and we were enthralled with like, oh my gosh, we get to see Gerald.
Speaker 1: He does what hvac. Oh my gosh. These are the.
Speaker 2: Aspirational things that the audience of three of us included, we want to see as we're sitting out watching people that arguably oftentimes have a better life than us in terms of like the showmanship of it all. Right, I think what's missing is this is that was episode twelve. We just watched this past Sunday. We have to seen Gerald since the first episode. And that's a huge disappointment in Shemiah's storyline because when she and Porsche were going through it, Porsche, her ex husband soon to be ex husband, Gerald, and Shemiah would go on a couple of trips singing.
Speaker 4: In the jewelry store and ship remembers, and Porscha was crying.
Speaker 3: Her and Simon both.
Speaker 4: Simon was crying, just like when Esther Rowe had dropped that punch bowl and she said, damn, damn, damn.
Speaker 3: He was crying right up.
Speaker 4: There, same tears, same tear stains, same one, same tear drops on his pillow, same one.
Speaker 1: With the point is he was there.
Speaker 3: He was crying. That's the point. That's the point.
Speaker 1: He was there.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 1: Michael Evans and I'm going to shift.
Speaker 3: Here when your young.
Speaker 5: I I personally, I don't mind not seeing her husband. Honestly, I think seeing him in the first episode wasn't enough. We know he exists, he's a real person. The rumor is that she didn't join the show for a while because he didn't want to film. So I think, knowing that going in, I'm okay with not seeing him super often. That might be a personal preference.
Speaker 1: No, so I was gonna say this with it too. So they were going couple of trips together.
Speaker 2: I would have loved to have seen Smia go home and talk to Gerald about what she and Portsche are going through as a friendship.
Speaker 1: Because he's privy to it. No, so, because it's not so. I want to be clear.
Speaker 2: It has nothing to do with Jerald's personal story. I can give you shits about that. But when it comes to the real hospitals at Atlanta, a lot of us love Nini day Wine, but we love Nini with extra credit on her report card because of Greg Leagus. It was something to bounce off of. We love Cynthia, but baby, the extra credit was Peter Thomas up Pedra.
Speaker 1: The extra credit was Apollo. We love Candy.
Speaker 2: When time came on, Mama Joyce came up, we were like, Okayndy is the start of the season, let's have her conversation.
Speaker 1: Porsche.
Speaker 2: The same thing when it came to like to seeing her and Cordela first season. You understood Porscha Moore by what we sent at the top of this lie based on her treatment with you and vice versa. So the thing with Shamiah, I will I think Joel would have said, hey, when you go to BRIT's shape or a party, do this or I woulted to have done that, and I think that would have helped Shamilla more. But to not see the fullness of someone's story, it will be the deficit of how people view you.
Speaker 1: But I do agree I don't care to see well, no, I'm lying. I do want to see Jerald s h back. I would love to see that. I would love to see that.
Speaker 2: But we then I get that the moment we did get that people have been waited on is the return of the mac okay.
Speaker 6: So she definitely be lyon. You lied to me Lyon.
Speaker 1: So let's get into the return of Phaedra parts.
Speaker 2: I want you to the start first, and I'll save my opinion of Pha's return. So Phaedra is now back as a full time housewife on the Real Houseworks in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: This is episode twelve. She came in with Porsche in this.
Speaker 2: Episode, Gucci down to the socks and I would love to get your thoughts on it.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Dustin.
Speaker 3: I was gonna be a gentleman and give it to my girl Jasmine, which.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Yeah, sure, I don't have much.
Speaker 5: I wasn't excited about seeing Fedra return, but I'm gonna say my mind was changed actually seeing her on the screen because something happened with Porsche that I was like, oh, this is kind of entertaining.
Speaker 6: Like I had said before, like I didn't.
Speaker 5: When they show Faedra in the mid season trailer, I was just like, she's gonna bring live, She's gonna bring chaos, Like it's just gonna be a bunch of like smoke and mirrors, and so I wasn't really excited. But then seeing her on screen with Porsche, I was like, wait a minute, they are entertaining together, and I forgot about that part, Like I hadn't seen them together in so long that I forgot that they actually are really entertaining together. And so I quite enjoyed the scene with her and Porsche. I was kind of curious about her verbiage when she was talking about how she left the show. I was like, why not just say you were fired versus saying you left as if it was, you know, a choice that you made.
Speaker 6: But other than that, that was my one critique. I didn't mind.
Speaker 5: Seeing her with Porsche, and I am very happy to say my mind was changed because going into this episode, I was just like, YAN didn't care about it, but I left it and I said, Okay, I want to watch the next episode.
Speaker 3: So on a.
Speaker 4: Positive note, right number one black, you know, good living. You know what I'm saying, it's something that I want to see, black wealth, black opulence. Seeing her, you know, walking that shoe and see that pee on that rug when she opened the door. That was great production, great shot work from the producers, the camera crew. That's how you reintroduce a character as storied, you know what I'm saying, as Phaedra to the show.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: As far as her addressing her exit from season nine after the reunion, that wasn't nothing but a bunch of syntax, you know what I'm saying. It was just her her choosing and picking and arranging words in a way to convince certain message without being direct. So again, wordplay. I use language for a living. I saw thee the dice, I saw what the do. I could call them dice before they stopped rolling, right, I already knew what she was doing. So she never said, Hey, I told a nasty lie with terrible implications, and I feel bad for telling it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. She didn't get that kind of accountability. But I will say it was refreshing to see her at least address it.
Speaker 4: For years now, we've seen Phaser skate by and do everything except addressing what caused her exit. And I think that's kind of what felt misaligned. On a positive note, the scene with her and Ports her only scene this week in the episode, I thought it was so potent, right, it was full of energy, full of conversation, full of dialogue. But what was she speaking about in that dialogue? You already calling somebody a lesbian. You're making lesbian accusations that drew, which is exactly what got you in that shit in the first place.
Speaker 3: In season nine. You know what I'm saying, you come in. What makes the conversation interesting is you being negative?
Speaker 4: You talking shit reading the cast quote unquote, and even the fact that the conversation was predicated upon your assessment of the players, although it did set things up give it to the bones of something to work with, which I'm appreciative for, But you have to have value beyond that in order to really make your marking this game.
Speaker 3: She sat on married to medicine and didn't do nothing.
Speaker 4: So seeing her now back on the Real Housewives of Atlanta felt good because she was much more alive, alert for Leavinergy has something to say. It just felt misaligned for people like me who watch the show and remember everything, because as soon as she.
Speaker 3: Got a guest spot on the Real Housewives of Dubai.
Speaker 4: She was in the president and interview saying how the Real Housewives of Atlanta was the Titanic and the sinking ship and all these other things. But now she's right back over there in her interview saying I'm happy to be home where I belong and so pro Real Housewives of Atlanta. When things did not go as she thought, I'm assuming that she had planned on her extent at married to medicine.
Speaker 3: I don't hate Fador. I don't know her personally.
Speaker 4: I never was a fan of what she brought to the show, but it felt familiar and that felt good, you know what I'm saying. The familiarity of her on the show felt good, and we did see more energy from her and from Portia in that scene than we have seen all seasons.
Speaker 3: So let's see what happens.
Speaker 4: But again, I want to stress as far as her addressing what happened with season nine, which we all can now collectively move forward from, right, because there was some sort of I'm not even gonna say, addressing her acknowledging the end of her performance on the Real Housewives of Atlanta from seasons three to season nine, it was syntax. Literally, it was just syntax, her moving words around to create a certain statement and acknowledge it.
Speaker 3: But let's just move on. That's how I feel we can.
Speaker 4: Just move on from it and just experience her in season sixteen. That's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 5: You said something about like she has to be something more than just like bringing romors and stuff, more.
Speaker 3: Than countenance, more than this. You got to do more than that.
Speaker 5: I think that's what audiences are looking for from Phaedria. Like, I don't think anyone was wanting her to come back on the show so that we can get a whole bunch of her personal life, because I feel like at this point, we know we're not getting that she was all married to medicine.
Speaker 6: She had that, you know, the little stint with the guy.
Speaker 5: That's that's as much as we're gonna get from phaedr. I think people look for her for the mess, for the shadiness, to be a bone carrier or bone collector, if you will. So I think that's like when when she was on the screen and she was giving her assessment of everybody, I was like, this, now, depending on.
Speaker 6: How you are as a person, this is what a lot of the audience is.
Speaker 5: Looking for somebody to come in and have, Like, you know, she has a rumor about all of the ladies on the cast.
Speaker 6: But that's the chaos that I said.
Speaker 5: I wasn't excited to see her bring because I knew that's all she was gonna come with, right, But for a lot of people, that is entertainment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so I'll say this the moment.
Speaker 2: Let me go backwards a bit. When Phedro was on marri to Medicine, her first scene on that show. I said on My Life with Doctor Heavenly that at the end of the day, you could love Faedra hate hear you can't deny that when the camera's on, she pops. Fadre's meant to be on television. That's why she was amazing a trader. She she's a gold star when it comes to a television personality. And when she came on Married to Medicine, it was her. It was a showroom and doctor Jackie was there in Heavenly and she popped.
Speaker 1: She was everything.
Speaker 2: It was like, this woman just deserves to be back on television. I did say the same breath that she does not belong here. Though love seeing her back on TV, Pajia does not belong to Mariti Medicine.
Speaker 1: She doesn't belong on there.
Speaker 2: It was sort of like when you have to go to summer camp in order to get to the next level. You know what I'm saying, summer school whatever, Yeah, summer school, and you have to do this in order to get the passing grade. Marrit To medicine was Phaedra Park's summer school. Okay, she did not belong there. It didn't work. And the words of Johnny Popper and may you rest in peace, if love don't fit, you must have quit, right, and Phedra didn't fit American medicine. That's why she quit child Now the moment Phedra Parks Night of removed, the moment Fedra Parks opened that door and her and Porsche had that scene, it was one thousand percent the highlight of the episode.
Speaker 1: I thoroughly I'm a Jasmine. I did not know what to.
Speaker 2: Expect from Fedra because unfortunately, I didn't see much of American medicine from Pedra, right, and we all know that Faeda did not fit American medicine. So, as a fan of Marathi medicine, when I was watching the episode. I was want to like, get to Phedra because I don't care about nothing happening in this episode.
Speaker 1: No sha, no shay, y'all.
Speaker 2: Nothing was there until Fadri and Porsche popped up. I was sitting on my couch watching the scene. I laughed out loud multiple times during this four minute scene when she called Kelly a guardian gnome. When she said, oh my gosh, I don't know Drew like hot dogs. I heard she likes tacos.
Speaker 1: When she spoke about brit being.
Speaker 2: Outside, a girl about town, a girl about the country. She's hurt thinks I'm with jazzmine the sense of that's the sort of level of fun shade depending on the person she's talking about, because I'm sure those girls did.
Speaker 1: I think it was fun, and I get it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: I'm fun to hear that. If I'm a girl, it's not fun to hear.
Speaker 2: But what I will say, I walked in with no expectations from Adra and Portia scene, and I walked away saying, I'm happy she's back on the show.
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 2: I am curious to see the rest of the season with her. But if I am going to base Phaedria's comeback performance. It was an a fucking plus. She she looked great and it showed. It's one of those things like this, when you are a reality star. Sometimes you could be a star, but you're on the wrong platform. You're on the wrong platform. That's why when some when some girls audition propelled collective, I'm like, you'll be better off on Baddy's Africa.
Speaker 6: Now, why specifically Africa.
Speaker 1: Because that's the that's their latest destination.
Speaker 6: So I've never seen I've never seen anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as of today, Battie's there's a Baddies Africa show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's like all Stars.
Speaker 4: If my grandmama and my mama and them could watch Guiding Light and Young and the Restless and One Life to Live, I can watch Jews.
Speaker 6: So more power to you guys.
Speaker 1: I listen.
Speaker 2: I don't watch baddies, but I see the clips on Twitter and I'm like, you not a bell, you a baddie.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Pedra belongs on the real hospitals of Atlanta. I she did more in that five minute scene than she did the.
Speaker 1: Two seasons of American Medicine.
Speaker 3: Hello, it was I just.
Speaker 1: Gotta be honest, it was. It was a joy to watch. And I will say this, I.
Speaker 2: I did see some lightness from Porsche, some Jasmins right YouTube Dustin, there was there was there was some lightness from Porsches, some comfortability from Porsche because what they I don't think people talk about. We have it and I want to get your thoughts before we before we end this. When the season started, it was obviously Porsche and Kenya.
Speaker 1: You two are the leads of this season.
Speaker 2: Y'all both started same day, same bat channel, season five and you two have to run this season.
Speaker 1: And I think Porscha and Kenya understood that that that was their assignment.
Speaker 2: And I think when Kenya got removed, I think Porscha was like, mm hmm, I got to do all this by myself and and that just hit me for some reason. I think Porta was like, I got to do this all by myself because Kenya is good, great TV and Kenya get the party started.
Speaker 3: Especially when she couldn't film the way she wanted to. I'm sure she felt that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So when Faifer came in, I think it was a huge relief. And you you you saw it in the scene if you don't like freaking I understand it.
Speaker 1: I get it. I get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: If you don't like Phaedra, I get it. I get it, I get it, I get it. I am only basing this off of the scene. We're gonna base fagers come back solely off of the scene.
Speaker 1: We all have to admit it was a ten out of a ten.
Speaker 3: It was a good scene. I agree.
Speaker 4: I want to know how you feel about freaking fract because I love the analysis that you gave and compare in regarding sudden in our sales friendship. Right, what do you think about Porsche and Phaser's friendship considering.
Speaker 3: What we know about like off the show, on the show, what do you.
Speaker 4: Think about that injusticaeposition to the scene that we got this week with Phadri's retiring.
Speaker 1: No, that's a great question. I think this.
Speaker 2: Phaedra and Porsche off camera had their own healing process that they decided not to share publicly what that conversation was. They did talk about what happened season nine amongst themselves, So whatever they decided to go through and heal, that's between I mean, listen, that's always tell people. It's one of those things where I don't judge people's marriages because if that works for your marriage, who the fuck am I to tell you to leave your home. If that works for y'all, that works for y'all. I look at friendships that way. I'm never the one to tell me and Porscha don't be friends with her. Girl like if y'all like, I love it. I think when it comes to Phedra and and Porsche, I think because they did talk about it, and if there was no cameras around, I think they were able to have an honest conversation about what happened.
Speaker 1: And I think they were able to move forward.
Speaker 2: But I definitely think the break did the best for the bulk of them to find a place of reconciliation.
Speaker 1: They did travel together.
Speaker 2: I saw somebody in the comments saying Faedia wasn't at Porscha's wedding.
Speaker 1: That's because Pedro was out the country. She has something to do with her kids.
Speaker 2: She was in Paris with her sons because she was celebrating I believe mister President's birthday, so that's the reason why it was. I think it was a birthday, but she was out of the country. That's why she was at portious wedding. So look, I definitely think their friends in real life. You can't fake chemistry. You just can't fake it. You can't fake it.
Speaker 1: Now, what I did think was interesting.
Speaker 2: Bedra never shaded Shamiyah, and that to me was a choice and thought that was very interesting. I thought that was very interesting because I did say to myself, I wonder if again off camera not not before the season started, in their healing process, I do wonder, and Shamila, let's hear from you. Did they all have a conversation, because I thought it was interesting that she shaded all the girls, but she didn't shave Shamiya.
Speaker 4: I can answer that because I've been keeping up. Okay, I've been watching all the press runs. I've been watching people are saying when they're talking to these outlets about the Shamia just did a second press run, like a mid season press run, and she talked about the fact that her and Phedro have not had to come to Jesus conversation. But she went into Phaedra's joining the cast as if she was gonna meet Fhaedro with whatever energy Faedra met her with.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So she said Faedra showed up with good energy, being pleasant and fun, and so Shemia said that's where she met her and they were able to have a pleasant season.
Speaker 3: So they have not had a conversation.
Speaker 4: In fact, Shemiah then went on to say in these interviews that her relationship with her husband Gerald, they were engaged at the time, and that that rumor that Faedra started about Smia and Candy per the show, she said that kind of jeopardized, like the story of you know what I'm saying, jeopardize the strength of her relationship at the time, and that's why she was so angry with Faedra.
Speaker 3: So they never talked about it.
Speaker 4: However, it's been so many years collectively, even me as someone who was never really a fan of Phaedra on the show, I'm ready to move on from all that that season nine shit, I'm just ready to move forward.
Speaker 3: And I think that's where Shamia was at with it.
Speaker 4: So, but to answer your question, per Waich, Shamiah has said in the press, they have not had that conversation.
Speaker 5: I totally forgot that, Like when you were saying, like you're surprised that Faedra didn't sha Shi in my mind. I was like, why would she do that? I forgot they had a whole kerfuffle many many moons ago. But that's what I mean as an audience member, we all have moved on, like we're all.
Speaker 6: Kind of ready to move on.
Speaker 5: I think your question about like Sudden and Garcel versus Porsicha and Fedra was interesting to me because I think Sudden Garcel they needed to be friends out of survival, like they nobody else really liked them.
Speaker 6: So they needed to come together.
Speaker 5: They have to form some type of alliance in the form of this fake, fake friendship.
Speaker 6: I think we're Portia and Fedra. It's like they don't have to do it, but it's better to.
Speaker 5: They're better together, right, They don't have to be freaking frat in order for either of them to have like a run on the show, but the two of them together just elevate, like it's another level. So I think they recognize that and like, for that reason, you know, they I think they are willing to be like really good friends on and off camera.
Speaker 4: I'm not mad at it, you know what I'm saying. Like I said, that's some old shit. I'm not mad at it. And as a person again. I just want to stress this. I'm able to move forward because we had some sort of acknowledgment in the episode. There was no way that could bring her back without addressing the elephant in the moon in the room, whether in some.
Speaker 3: Way, and we got a little swipe at it. That was enough. I'm ready to move on, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think so to listen, I'm not listening. At the end of the day, it's not our decision to bring people back. When it comes to that particular show. She's back on the show.
Speaker 3: She is what it is.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a stellar introduction.
Speaker 2: The real test would be again how we said about Shemiah starting to see them I'm strong, And then a lot of people are feeling like Shemia is teetering off. Angela Oakley starting the season off okay, but now she's rising to be the top dog of the season.
Speaker 1: So we just have to wait and see.
Speaker 2: But if I'm judging that scene, it was a ten a ten and the girls are in Grenada next week, so we get to see what happens there.
Speaker 1: But listen, she's back.
Speaker 2: She's back, She's back, and so it's Jason All right, So Jackson, what do you have going on that the rain drops and the audist can support.
Speaker 1: You on love?
Speaker 5: Oh, you guys can follow my YouTube channel and like, I'm at Jay Henley Brown on all social platforms except for Twitter. It's at Jahiley Brown with an underscore, but yeah, follow me on all platforms. I'm doing TV, movie recaps, reviews, all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: And Dustin, what about you?
Speaker 2: Because Duff is on tour, Honey Cowboy Carter on tour, and Dustin is writing or being broke road.
Speaker 3: However you describe it lng as it's happening, I'm fine with it.
Speaker 6: Fay from me.
Speaker 4: You know, woman, you sure are a good Christian woman and you're a great reviewer on your content too. So everybody please out jazz with Henley Brown. I'm a fan and jazzuit your reviews. Your reviews lead me to go watch the ship that you be talking about. I respect it. People really need to fuck with it. I'm on tour this Saturday. I'm in Seattle, May thirty first. In Seattle, you can go to Dustin rosslive dot com. All tickets are available. We just added Dallas on July second, Houston on July third, and San Francisco in July as well, So make sure you go to Dustin rosslive dot com and come see me, tell jokes and talk shit.
Speaker 3: I just want to see your teeth, that's all. So yeah, yeah, I like no cheap So.
Speaker 2: For popping on of a Memorial Day, I love you guys and rain drops half people Memorial Day.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all so much for spending y'all Mondays with us. We really appreciate it. I love you guys. Please support Jason.
Speaker 2: Jasmin does great reviews physically and as you all know, Jasmin's very smart, so are very smart, very smart.
Speaker 1: And she's fighting so you get to get a little fun shaded with it. And as you all know, Dustin have the same quality. Please support. It's amazing tour and ray you may see me pop up.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, elemen, all my people pulling up that that has to exist for me, you know, my people who will be in the building. So I'm excited. Thank you those all right, love you got something much.
Speaker 6: Bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes dropped on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment, an executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby,