Speaker 1: The league putting all the pressure on US players to make moves. We've made moves. We're waiting on you guys to respond, and at the end of the day, like I think they're waiting for US players to crack. I'm telling you we are unified as it gets right now, and like we don't have a season. That says a lot more about the WNBA League than us because we're ready, Like we are all training, we're all playing, we are ready to go, but we are not going to play for less than what we deserve. Gang gang gang Gang Gang Guy Guy.
Speaker 2: Before we start this, leave in the comments. Is it? Is it hero or gyro? That is the big question.
Speaker 1: You're having.
Speaker 2: Episode thirty five of the Show Me Something podcast.
Speaker 1: It's the KD podcast, the KAD episode you know kde Yeah, good guy, good guy. Yeah, I think you saw. I think he's actually really smart. I get that vibe as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's bernerd twitters though that's the only that's the only note. Okay.
Speaker 1: Kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he is funny for like responding to controls. He just like has fun on the internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lighthearted, Yeah, I think I guess we never know.
Speaker 2: I feel like, I've seen you more in the last week than I have.
Speaker 1: Are you so happy about it? Are you exhausted? No?
Speaker 2: No, good, We've just been outside on our feet.
Speaker 1: So actually, just a quick thing. We're actually in New York in person because we did stuff with Marriott yesterday for a little something special.
Speaker 2: Shout out, Maria, let's go.
Speaker 1: It is Marriott, not Marriott. Correct, let's get it right.
Speaker 2: On a lot of pronunciation today. Yeah, that's good for us.
Speaker 1: It is good.
Speaker 2: Thoughts on New York on a day in Midtown.
Speaker 1: You to be honest, Okay, Well, I think I'm more. I think I like Soho better. I think it's a little bit like more turned out, like the shopping, the vibes are a little more like New York. Here.
Speaker 2: You don't have to defend Midtown.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: So my thing is but I don't even know what Midtown is, you know what I mean? Like I feel like I know Soho, Chelsea East, Upper West Side, Brooklyn, Like I'm getting familiar with my New York map. Oh yeah, but I think I always find myself leaning more towards oh andre Becca.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's all more downtown.
Speaker 1: But I think I'm leaning I think I'm more of a Soho girl. Yeah, I don't know what that means, but I am soho is shopping for the most. But there's a few.
Speaker 2: There's like a hidden gem bar here and there.
Speaker 1: Like what are like the top three bars that you would go to? Like if no one has been to New York, where would you go?
Speaker 2: Well, I my watering hole is eighty f stand Okay, Actually I don't know. I think I can say this. It gets a shout out on Summer House. Actually, yeah, I'll drop it gets a shout out in this episode that comes out really yeah, shout out a shout out Reagan kJ went on a date there. But I like to think I like laid the bricks to uh let them like cameras inside. I like that if I'm going to do if I'm going to eat lions in East Village, it's like a good Guinness. Have you been to lines more? Have not?
Speaker 1: Okay has his own camera today? Like that?
Speaker 2: That's like a good burger, baked potato, mozzarella sticks, Oh, guinnis caesar salad. Yeah, and third, fancy wise, this is more restaurants. But I've been going to a monkey bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been to a monkey Bar.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: I do like monkey Bar.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic. Yeah, it's dark, but those are like my three like there to drink, there to eat and drink, there to have dinner, and like you have to wear pants and still probably have a drink.
Speaker 1: But wait, that is fun because I sometimes it's very overwhelming company to the city, Like it's so fun, but you also don't always know like where to go, you know what I mean, Like there's just so much.
Speaker 2: Stuff taking a train.
Speaker 1: Yet I did it for the first time last time. I was in New York and I thought I was gonna get murdered. It's uh, the train is everyone takes it though, that's what everyone says. But I'm on the TikTok of like I see huge ass snakes on the sub snake, dude, I get on my No, I get like on like the like crackhead. It's a subway, right, yeah, I get on like the crackhead subway. I get on Like there's massive snakes and weird animals on the subway and like I know, knowing me, I will be the one that gets fucking strangled by a snake on the subway.
Speaker 2: Oh, but you're saying, like snakes, Like someone's got the snake around there. Yeah, yeah, shout out my boy. Uh No, we're not shouting out.
Speaker 1: Anyone with freaking snakes. They're discussed.
Speaker 2: You're on subway Creatures, which is an instagram that like is it shows you all of the craziest people on the train and like the craziest things that happen and it's yeah, it's like snakes and pets and birds, and I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: I would. I would probably I would have a anxiety attack if someone came on the subway with like a big as snake. You're not afraid of animals. I love animals, but snakes are like kill them all. Huh. Like I lived in Australia, big ass snake there, but was in the city, so nothing. I don't know why I said I lived in Australia. I was really talking about Hawaii. There's no snakes in Hawaii. Different there's no snakes in Hawaii zero in a fact, yes, huh, because like you think about it island and like the majority of the time you have to bring stuff there.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why there's so many in Australia also an island, but they have them all.
Speaker 1: I think like social media is always way worse than what it is. And I'm sure like there are parts of Australia of like where there are these animals, But when Lindsay and I lived there for seven six seven months, we didn't see anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're what in Sydney probably.
Speaker 1: No, we were in Melbourne, but we traveled all over. Yeah, Melbourne, don't say they are is down there? Correct and so that. But I will say we did go to wit Sundays, which is like a beautiful It's like when you think of something so dreamy. It's like a Fiji it is like. But we went to a I guess a couple's get away and there's like me and my sister we did this trail and I'm not kidding guys. I looked up when we went on this trail and there was a spider this etching big like above us massive.
Speaker 2: Here's a good question. Did the Cunninghams are you a family that kills spiders or do you let spiders live?
Speaker 1: Kill those motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: No, you gotta let them live. They eat all the bugs and the bat and the other bed in paws.
Speaker 1: If they're in the house, kill them outside.
Speaker 2: Go do your thing, don't. Yeah, you don't kill spiders.
Speaker 1: Like Daddy long legs. Like I loved the little Daddy long legs and they're the most poisonous spiders one.
Speaker 2: Only on the inside though. They can't penetrate you with their yes.
Speaker 1: Because they have two little of mouths. Right. So, like I've always gotten along with Daddy long legs, but like the.
Speaker 2: Big boat card, I've always gotten along with Daddy long Legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have, Like we've always been cool. But like all the other ones, like if they're in the house, like wolf spiders. We had wolf spiders at our farmhouse growing up. You know what those are? Yeah? Yeah, big old, gross scary. That was not it kill those motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: I found a snake in his barn last year and it was like huge.
Speaker 1: You know we have brattlesnakes in Missouri.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know that. Pivoting cbas dude.
Speaker 1: H We've got a lot to get into.
Speaker 2: So progress, oh no, not really lack thereof really, but updates okay nonetheless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I do feel like since we've been on here, it's like, oh, what's the CB you know, update And we haven't really had a lot to update. But I do want to get into some details because we've been having CBA calls, which is like our player representation in the league.
Speaker 2: Yep, and you're directly a part of these or you get you get like spark notes.
Speaker 1: No, you are directly a part of these. So you have like so many different executive boards and like our execu needs, there's like player reps, there's CBA reps. Like there's so many different but on these calls, when they see all of us show up, it shows that we're invested. And this is the most invested CBA that the league I think has ever been a part of, which is amazing.
Speaker 2: I would believe that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super cool.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm like actually prepared.
Speaker 1: Wait, whoa, Well, this is guy what my homework looked like in college. I don't know if you guys see that. Yeah. And then this is a bill from where NASCAR when I had to pay for my own room because Kevin was in my Room's.
Speaker 4: Story Kevin's just in a room, Sophie Loki.
Speaker 1: I knocked on the door and he's like hello. I was like, Kevin, get out of my room. It was a huge hotel.
Speaker 2: There's just Arry White playing softly on a Jamie l speaker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I've had enough of this. Anyway, I don't actually want to read this, but I do. There's so much to get into, and I think a lot of people who are on the outside like just sign it, like your your salary increases four times five times higher. But that's not it at all. And so on the last the league actually came back to us last night at like ten pm, and they came back and zero nothing happened with the revenue share, and that is the whole thing that we're fighting for. And they they go and they change our salary cap, but only like half a percentage. Like they give us like fifty two one hundred thousand more dollars, which is like.
Speaker 2: That's for individual players, that's for teams.
Speaker 1: Teams so like salary caps. So it's like, oh, well you're getting more money there. It's like, no, we want.
Speaker 2: Star cap doesn't necessarily mean it will even affect you directly.
Speaker 1: They keep coming back and changing literally like half percentages of things we're not even asking, Like.
Speaker 2: You think it's like a smoke screen to be like, hey, we're giving you this. Meanwhile, we're like not actually changing stuff that matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think like when you go back and when they we changed a little bit right, and like we were trying to meet in the I mean it's not in the middle. It's like we're trying to meet somewhere. But for them, they'll they won't even talk about revenue. But that is our whole fight, is revenue share.
Speaker 2: Any clue what other league's stances are on revshare?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you go to the NBA, if you go to I mean, I think MLB is going to have their sell foot. They have a new CBA negotiation next year and that's going to be kind of a shit show, Like probably gonna be a big lockout there because baseball money's just different.
Speaker 2: Yes, but baseball is also more popular I think right now. No offense to the NBA because the NBA fell off a little. I think baseball's kind of popping. Yeah, yeah, a cool guy esport at the moment, So I yeah, that'll be interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say, you get to do certain things. And there's a lot of people from different sports who are on the league side, on the player side, and they always ask us about OURCBA and like the revenue share because they know that is a huge piece. Pretty much every other league, it's like fifty to fifty. If you break it down, it's more like, you know, forty two and whatever. But let me explain that. So it's like if you're the league and I'm the player, and you buy my jersey and I'm a male, say I'm on the in the NBA, you're paying hundred dollars. The league gets fifty dollars. I get fifty dollars. Right now in the W it's like the league gets ninety seven ninety eight dollars and I get two. And that's on all Like that's tickets, that's drinks, that's anything that is money.
Speaker 2: That somewhat reminds me of old NCUBA, like name and likeness, where NCAA had rights to all of your name and likeness and so anything that any money made off of your name or your face or the idea of you. The school in NCAA got one hundred percent of Yeah, and then now in il's like kind of fucked. But it is they like couldn't keep doing that, no, because people like are owed like people like people yes and athletes yes, So like you can't do that forever? Ninety seven? Is that?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, it's pretty damn close. Like I think last year we were getting like seven eight percent. So what I about your fucking jersey that all went to Kafe? You really don't see any of it. And that's what I'm saying. And another important piece of that is is like they want to extend our season until November thirtieth, so they they and that gives them us way more Like you, that's more ticket sales, that's more games, that's more people spending money. And so in our negotiate now, if we signed it, we will never see more than not even close to sixteen percent of revenue share, and that's just not going to work. If you want more of our time, then that says even more that you should be giving us more revenue share, right, Like that just makes sense.
Speaker 2: It's also wear and tear on your body, like sports are interesting too, because you're like subjecting yourself to the well.
Speaker 1: And they want more games so much, they want they want ten plus more games outside of the playoffs, and like you, that is then you got to pour into your product even more. But I will say I do want to get into this because I think a lot of people when you are when you are negotiating things right. I think you have to sacrifice some things too, and I think that you don't want to chase pennies when there's tenellar bills out there. And so I think something that personally our side could do a better job of is housing. I think that if US players are getting paid four or five times more and our revenue share gets to where we want it to get, then you should have to pay for housing. Okay, unless you're not on a guarantee contract, because that what that's I think the least one hundred percent have to pay for that, because that's like if you got a ten day, seven day contract to New York. Yeah, like you're not going to pay for that just makes sense. But they they haven't moved on housing once. They're like nothing, So how does that are you?
Speaker 2: Is it just a stipend into your contract that is like that like on top of your includes. Yeah, it's just a number that you can use on rent.
Speaker 1: So what it is now is you can either do team housing, which they fully pay for and it's like they have an apartment or a group of housing, or if you have your own house, I think you get like what like thirty seven hundred dollars forty four thousand dollar. I don't know what the exact number is, twenty seven hundred, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't for girls who play for like the Liberty and that's not even half.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're right, but can Okay, let's get into that, because I think that is that is players have brought that up of like, Okay, well if you live in LA, if you live in New York, but hear me out someone still you're getting paid one hundreds of thousands dollars right revenue sugar is up. That's even more in your bank account. You live in a market that has a lot of off court opportunity that therefore gives you even more money. Yeah, and so you have to take that into account when you were going to these teams. Yes, it might be a little bit more pricey, but you have more opportunity.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, for like a Sabrinia and Escue, But I would say no for like a bench player no offense.
Speaker 1: No, No, I feel that. But I think that's why a lot of people have like arguments of like they should always pay for team housing, but wes like if our minimum is close to half a million dollars.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, I'm not anti the housing, but I do think the market like for specific players, like only certain people can profit off that, where others like are way more actually hot take yeah, I think okay, Like again, we'll just keep using liberty here. Saprina great to be in New York, like she's gonna have bazillion opportunities. I would almost rather be a bench player in a smaller market where like your athletes are you love? Yeah, and like I would almost imagine that that community probably embraces the whole roster, like I don't know any just midwest southern town.
Speaker 1: More than really any non big city Like yeah, no, I agree with you. I think this is like great conversation because this is like the discussions we're happening, and like here's my thing is, though, you have to sacrifice something, and if you're getting paid half a.
Speaker 2: Mill, you're saying, this is where players we need to like like like let go of the housing.
Speaker 1: To some people, some might not agree with me, but I think that is something that you would have to give up. And like cars like they pay for like they give us cars right now, like we have to we have to give up and sacrifice something. But I will not sacrifice it for not guaranteed contracts because that's just not fair, Like that just doesn't make any sense. But the league doesn't see that at all, which that just blows my mind. And so I just think that's my viewpoint on housing, which is maybe not everyone agrees with that, but I do think like there are people who their income is a way, way way less than half a million and they're affording it.
Speaker 2: It's not like an offensive suggestion. No, that's not bad. My only thing would be like the convenience factor, where like, okay, so say you just get traded or like signed you in your extum and you have to leave tomorrow. Yeah, like is it your job to figure out housing? Then?
Speaker 1: So if you get traded in all that, they put you up in a hotel for X amount of days, you know what I mean. And so that's fine, but I think they only do it until then, and I think in this new CBA negotiations, I don't know if they're going to do that. And so that's kind of our fight, is like there's a selected amount of players that need team housing or there has to be money set aside from the league to help those players who are not under guaranteed or like who get trade in all that? Who are trying to figure it out? And then the people who are guaranteed, like go go pay for your own stuff, but the league isn't They're like, no one gets nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, any positives and movement we have positive Now.
Speaker 1: I think it's just funny because I feel like a lot of people on social media, I don't know if you've seen this is like someone it's like March tenth and everyone is like, oh, we have to make a decision March tenth, and Adam Silver got on and was like, there we have to have a you know, there's a timeline with all this. They didn't respond to our proposals for six weeks. They're putting like all the pressure on us, yet they're not even moving on things that we need them to move on. Like they're changing every little thing possible except for what we're like our top frickin things.
Speaker 2: Is there any way to bring in someone from the NBA, well, I mean like with w for like I don't know just who like has seen the model and like how it works and how to come in. Take a look at like what the NBA or WNBA's structure looks like now and like just try to be We already have him objective about like moving it forward.
Speaker 1: We have him, and he he has not done anything. It's like kind of Adam Silver's eyes and ears and like it's I think they're trying to push what by I'm telling you they are trying to throw money at anything and everything and change half percentages saying they moved and saying that they're listening to us. Yet our biggest thing that they haven't even touched on is revenue share whatsoever. It's like, revenue share is like the main thing that we need you to touch on, and you're not doing it. And so that's that's our biggest problem right now, I'd say. And again, like the league putting all the pressure on US players to make moves. We've made moves. We're waiting on you guys to respond. And at the end of the day, like I think they're waiting for US players to crack. I'm telling you we are unified as it gets right now, and like if we don't have a season, that says a lot more about the WNBA League than us, because we're ready, Like we are all training, we're all playing, we are ready. To go, but we are not going to play for less than what we deserve. That's going that like we're so unified.
Speaker 2: Yeah that dude, you guys are all together, and that's.
Speaker 1: Why like I'm not people are like, oh are you I'm like, I'm not fritting whatsoever, because I am so proud of us players for first of all, being engaged, being diled in. There are so many people on the meetings, so many people are asking questions, which I think is absolutely phenomenal, Like people are learning, being educated. But I just love so much that we're all like, that's do some badass bitches over here lined up armed arm and being like, yeah, go go for it. Like what we get a couple more months of vacation the summer on the lake, say less.
Speaker 2: So you think there will be a season or now?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's up to the league. It's truly up to the league.
Speaker 2: It sounds from what you've told me, they won't budge for.
Speaker 1: Shit, which I think you know that and that's what I'm saying. So like, as of right now, maybe it's going to get delayed. At the end of the day, we just want to get treated like professional athletes, and I think we've made a lot of great I mean, just like our travel is better, the where we stay is better. Like we have made a lot of are.
Speaker 2: Like second podcast, you told me that chartered flights are only like a year or two old.
Speaker 1: And that I know, which is insane, right, yeah, but like and so I'm so thankful that we're making huge strides in that. But at the end of the day, it's like you also got to hey, your product. Yeah, like we are. We haven't seen the books they're talking about expenses and how expenses are. So it's like show us, like show us, and like, well, you just have to trust us. There's no way we're trusting you guys, Like, there's no way. Just show us if you're I don't know. There's just so many little things that are like common sense to me that just never happens, got it, And that's coming from me, Like yeah, simple, keep it simple, Like if that's true, then show me, God, show me a.
Speaker 5: Nice the question here, you said the date of March tenth before, so you know the say the CBA goes well, right, negotiations and get back to happening. So how does that specific date relate to the expansion draft and the kind of decisions in the Rowster moves that need to be made for them.
Speaker 1: Great question because I think a lot of people have actually been asking about the expansion draft, but it all is very determined on the CBA. And so if you went normally, you can like protect six players, you can do all that thing. But I think that that was last CBA, and so I guess where it kind of stands now. Is one need a CBA two. I think teams can protect up to five players, but all that looks different because are you going to have core players? Are you going to have people who are protecting? Like it's so dependent on CBA that that's why it's going to be legit a shit show because you have an expansion draft, you have the draft out of college right after March Madness, and then everyone's a free agent, so it's not like people are restricted, no, like our whole league is free. So it's it's gonna be a lot And that's why March tenth, unless the league has a miracle, I don't see. I don't see it.
Speaker 2: Isn't it funny that when you were a kid and you probably want to play in the WNBA, you thought I would just play basketball, and now you're like a lawyer and the mediator, negotiator.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I will to say. I don't know if I'm any of that literally, just me just trying to figure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you have to, like, I mean, this is not shit that you think athletes are going to have to spend all their brain power on.
Speaker 1: No, because people go to school to like to do this stuff. Yeah, and like I think it just shows how how much there are too, not just like athletes, but to everyone, right, Like, if you had to do that, you find a way to do it if you really want to. And so I've actually found it very fascinating, and I've really been intrigued with the business side of our sport of business in general, because like you're right, I've only it's always been basketball, basketball, basketball, But now that I'm becoming kind of like a businesswoman, it is so fascinating. Yeah, And I think people make it complicated and harder than it needs to be.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, it's almost like one of like too many cooks in the kitchen, probably at some point.
Speaker 1: Way too many, yeah, way too many.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you want to be unified and as many have as much representation as you can as players, because you're the ones sacrificing almost everything. But I do think once anything is being negotiated, if there are so many people, it almost becomes impossible.
Speaker 1: To like, well, you're never going to please everybody. But that's why, Yeah, I forgot to mention this, and I think this is kind of funny because you said, like you can't please everyone. The league said, actually, like still in there, that they want to start March first training camp. Why, first of all, tell me how that makes any sense? March madness college season hasn't even ended right now? Is March second? But you know what's funny is like.
Speaker 6: Yeah it is, yeah, But the funny thing about that is is like the league is saying that, but the coaches of the teams don't even want that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So tell me how that makes sense. What's your normal date late April? I think this year might be the earliest of starting like April nineteenth.
Speaker 2: Would this be like involuntary?
Speaker 1: No, like you'd have to be there. It's like training camp.
Speaker 2: How can they? But how does moving it up two months exactly?
Speaker 1: What? It makes no sense?
Speaker 2: Then do you have a break and then the first game starts at the same time.
Speaker 1: They want everyone to be at training camp March first, But you were what about all the college kids who are going to get drafted? Yeah, like, how does that make That's the type of stuff that they're trying to argue when that doesn't even make sense.
Speaker 2: If you're a w NBA fan, Uh good, look, yeah, you enjoy the NBA Captain Morgan's Captain's calls.
Speaker 1: Huh God, Captain Morgan.
Speaker 5: Callers are calling in they need advice on a variety of subjects, and I'm gonna just let himly right.
Speaker 3: Now, Sophy, Hey West, I know this guy's swipe left on me, but.
Speaker 2: Now we've met in person and he's a vibe.
Speaker 3: Should I forget and put that fite behind me? Okay?
Speaker 1: Fine?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's like when dating apps and technology are like ruining stuff. If you like him in person, don't overstheink a stupid fucking app.
Speaker 1: Agree, Yeah, don't because speaking for the girls, guys are like kind of uglier in pictures, like they don't do him justice, I feel like, And so when you meet him in person, it's like, oh wait, like you you could.
Speaker 2: Be cuter, maybe a little knock to your ego, But if you like him in person. Don't overthink that, ask him jokingly bringing up me, like how can I fix this? Maybe you had a dumb pompt question yeah something. Or you posted a picture with all your girlfriends and like he looked at the wrong one. You never know.
Speaker 5: I like that's a good confidence booster.
Speaker 1: I like that one. Let's go with that one. All right, Keep at a girl.
Speaker 2: Keep keep shooting you. You're so good? Alright?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Next one here, two part question for the fans.
Speaker 3: Hey, Sophie, Hey Wes, This is Josh from Los Angeles. First of all, West, congrats on your Cats national champions.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, good question.
Speaker 3: Well, actually I have two questions. Let's start with the easy one, Sophie, Jan you don't no second, mostly for Sophie, but I want Wes's West's input on this one. I'm about about six foot, but I find girls Sophie's height and tall a very I also understand girls and one day got it. So should I just accept that my queen is going to be shorter than me? Or is there something I can do to get taller girl's attention? Would be fascinating to hear you guys take on this anyways, Love the show. I hope you guys are doing great at a nice senior holiday period and the keV had a great.
Speaker 1: Time with this love dude.
Speaker 2: I like this guy, Josh, follow your kinks, dog, follow your kinks. Don't let anyone kink shame you. That's like a normal one too. There's so many people in the world. You're gonna meet a tall queen out one day and she's gonna sweep you off your feet and then carry you home too. You're so good. I'm rooting for you.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm the right tall person to ask because I can never date someone short of the me because I already feel big, so like I want someone that's gonna make me feel smaller. I get that, but but I know, but there are so many there are so many guys who have taller girls. I think people have really good energy and like I love like, I love so many people. But like, if you except for sure guys, no, no, no, no, no, I just can't. I just can't. I would just feel like the man in my relationship.
Speaker 2: Also, let me say, Josh, six foot isn't short. No, that's not that's fucking chill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: You know what you like facts, go hang out at like reck, go hang out at the wreck and like put and post someone up.
Speaker 1: And then I think you need to try actually go to sand volleyball, beach volleyball. Love do beach, Yeah, do beach volleyball because there's a lot of tall girls there or volleyball in general, and like I don't know, like they that could be vibe.
Speaker 2: Go find you a set of Josh. All right, y'all, it's time for a new segment, powered by Captain Morgan.
Speaker 1: We're calling it Captain's Calls, where you send your should I or shouldn't I dilemmas, your hot takes, your unpopular opinions.
Speaker 2: The messy ones, the bold ones that I might regret this later ones.
Speaker 1: If you need some advice or how to get it right, we're giving you the Captain's Call.
Speaker 2: So if you've got a life decision, a risky text, a group chat controversy, or take your scared to post.
Speaker 1: Send it in baby, let the captains decide.
Speaker 2: Well in the meantime, w Van, you cank.
Speaker 1: Dude percent you can get thicky like a sneaky like our man west over here. Dude, your ass is someone.
Speaker 2: The cast role in my ass being in the same ice breaker beautiful. I love that some guy tweeted at me the other day and said, I need a thicky like at Conrad Wilson.
Speaker 1: Dude, you have you. I feel like you've always kind of had a butt.
Speaker 2: I mean I have like a football body, I like to think, or just like you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I feel like you, Yeah, you got a little little junk in the I try to make sure that I keep my like.
Speaker 2: Playing build. Yeah, you know, because that's always a compliment someone you look like you played football. Yeah. You ever see a guy You ever see a dude with no ass, Like he's like, shirts tucked in. I get a wedding shirts tucked in, and it just you're like, is there an ass there? It's so weird and like ugly.
Speaker 1: What about girls whose shirts a reducted?
Speaker 2: No, but but I think genetically you still are you eat your words? No, our bodies are built. Yeah, there will always be some. But there's guys who like literally I mean saying like they don't have butts.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, it's gross.
Speaker 2: It's one of the weirdest things ever. And it's there's so many dudes with.
Speaker 1: No butt it almost like goes in.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm like you, no one could like reproduce with you. It's so unathletic looking and like if someone robbed if someone robbed your house, the guys who don't have butts will all they're gonna like fall flat. Now it was not meant to be a pun.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't know, dude, Can I tell you?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: I have had so many trainers, just like because people move all the time in the pros and they're always like, what's your goal? And I said, I want a skinnyway, so I want a fat ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have tried. I can't. I think I run too much. Oh, cardio probably hurts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, actually that's not well basketball cardio. Yeah, interval training like sprint training is good for your legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, steermasks. But I just it's also genetics too fucking Paula and Jim Paula, damn it.
Speaker 2: Nothing but you I think if you weren't hooping and you did like some squats, Yeah, what kind of legs do you guys do?
Speaker 1: I mean squat single leg squats rdls. We do stuff. I'm telling you, like, I can't.
Speaker 2: But it's never heavy though, or is it Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Heavy like in the off season. Yeah, okay, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Work thoughts on the internet. One of the tiktoks I saw said not to objectify a man, and then it's all just about my body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I find it endearing, but double standard. They're not posted about girls on my show.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, wait, okay, everybody. Arby's just dropped something new. Oh and I'm not gonna lie. It's kind of wild.
Speaker 2: The new Meat and Three box is going for seven ninety nine.
Speaker 1: So if break it down, all right, you start by picking your sandwich. You have a classic roast beef, a Crispy Chicken or the new Krispy Fish. Honestly, no bad choice here. And then they keep it coming.
Speaker 2: You've got the curly fries, the mazzarella sticks, and the peach cobbler.
Speaker 1: Role. I'm just saying that dessert might quietly steal the entire show.
Speaker 2: And yeah, there's a drink in there too. So it's called the Meat and three. But Arby's hooking me up with five items.
Speaker 1: Five things for seven ninety nine. It's all the Arby's classics you already love, so.
Speaker 2: Whether it's lunch, dinner, or you just need something solid that actually satisfies.
Speaker 1: The meat in three box is the move we talk about what makes a great breakfast cast role though, because I like the spicy sausage and like normal sausage a little bit, Like that's a good little combo.
Speaker 2: Sweet and spicy.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I like that. Well one.
Speaker 2: Actually baking, like baking shit actually does require some brain power, agreed. So I can't just say, like, throw everything in a bowl and like just let it go.
Speaker 1: But I mean.
Speaker 2: All the things that aren't good are that aren't good for you are gonna be what makes it good. Yeah, So like butter, but yeah, I didn't even put that much. I buttered the pane cream in the eggs. I think like, wait, I think.
Speaker 1: People have seen it, but like tell them what what you made? Like, go layer by layer, okay, Breakfast cast Role.
Speaker 2: I mean it's all in a pot, it's in a bowl, and then you put it into the pan. Actually, first off, sorry, I got a lot of people tag me in videos being like I'm blown away by the scene that West made at Breakfast Castrole and the whole house has no clue what it is, and they're like, dude, these fucking East Coast people not know what castle is.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't know. It's the Midwesterns. Midwesterns put everything in the cast role. Yeah, the coast do not. They don't know really what cast roles are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I felt seen by the people who were like blown away that I was getting like weird vibes from everyone after I put my neck, my back, my pussing, my crack and this breakfast cast.
Speaker 1: This is your fourth year though, isn't it dirt dirt? And they finally put it on the show, thank god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's catching on every year. There's one thing that I do that I forget about that like sticks with me for six months and I'm getting tagged in like hellicastrole.
Speaker 1: Videos right now. It could be a lot worse.
Speaker 2: So okay, so hash browns, twelve eggs cream and then I do veggies. You don't have to do veggies, and it gives it color. Your jalapino, red bell pepper, sweet onion, yeah, and then sweet sausage and spicy sausage. And then I think for the most part that's it.
Speaker 1: Oh cheese, yeah, salt pepper, salt pep yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe a little garlic powder like that, and then that just goes into a pan and then it's like thrown in.
Speaker 1: For an hour.
Speaker 2: Cheese yeah, yeah, and then bring it out, take the tinfoil off, shred the cheese right on top. You have breadcrumbs, do it just for vibes. And then I did a little pepper on top, yeah, to give it color, and then put it back into like broil for like another fifteen And I'll also say, do you make.
Speaker 1: One or two?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Like I know the show had, but did you make too? Because I feel like it fed everyone. Everyone gets a brick. Yeah, it goes a long way.
Speaker 2: It's fucking dense. Yeah, A castrole is dense. Yeah, a castrole, in my opinion, Okay, I think it's better in the morning after it sits and and uh kind of becomes a family and then.
Speaker 1: The flavors mixed a little bit. You know, you gotta let it settle. I think it's like pasta too. I think pasta.
Speaker 2: I think things you make chili too, Yes, but almost when it's so fresh and so hot and you're not getting like all of it, they're like the main.
Speaker 1: It's like the chemicals and the molecules don't have time to become a new flavor.
Speaker 2: Weirdly what you said. I can't believe it made sense, but it fully did. Yeah, the chemicals and the molecules flavor.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm getting smarter.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's a cast role. If I'm sorry if people like, we're so confused, But it's like not that crazy of a thing. I will say. Also, what people do in the Midwest green bean castle, Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Hash brown castrole, spaghetti castrole, a cheeseburger castrole, Fuck me up, you could.
Speaker 2: Do anything, honestly, Like lasagna in a way is based on a castle. But yeah, so it's looking like the summer of breakfast castle.
Speaker 1: I love that. Oh and I also do care what.
Speaker 2: What Also in this episode that comes out this week, now that I'm catching on to people like really like Midwest people when they see me do something Midwest fucking eat it up. It's storming in the backyard and I walk out to the back to the backyardd and I just start taking in the storm and I like this life.
Speaker 1: Can you smell it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just love it. I love it so good. And I also love the smell of cut fresh grass. That's a kind of Midwestern thing I think too. But you can just smell the rain, it's the best and the sound I feel like you do have to whisper.
Speaker 2: What you're talking about. Yeah, it was beautiful. I took it in with I took it in this storm with Ben on the back patio. It was really nice.
Speaker 1: Wait, speaking of Summerhouse, though, are you like loving kind of being the new party planner?
Speaker 2: You know, but I've always I've always been that way and I've thrown a party every year.
Speaker 1: But I feel like you're finally getting the credit of like like you throw good ass parties.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, the first one rocked because we had like a lot of the boys are there and that was just good and County Fair felt like such a good It's Fourth of July adjacent yep, but like with the perfect me twist and that that felt like the best waiting for the July because you can't go like fully rogue before July. But yeah, it was good. I just gotta invite fun people, I know, big the fucking newsflash for throwing good party. Make sure people there are fun and cool.
Speaker 1: So one of my agents, he's a boy and he's highly obsessed with all Bravo and especially Summer House. Yeah, yeah, he's he's great. But he's always like, do you think that they plan their drunk meal, because he's like, they either right when they get home. They either go straight to the room or they go straight into the kitchen for like the drunk.
Speaker 2: That's and why I think somehow people like it is because there's just so many moments that are so just genuine us. Yeah, if there's mac and cheese in the house, I will always walk in and he ters.
Speaker 1: That he goes, they walk straight in, get a thing of water and start boiling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drunk mac and cheese is a fucking so good.
Speaker 1: What mac and cheese do you get?
Speaker 2: So sometimes there's been craft, but there's also a thing called the oodles. I've heard of oodles. It's like healthy mac and cheese. Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, it's still good though, Oh it is, yeah, still good. They just like are like we're more healthy.
Speaker 1: I just feel like shells is the best with that gros cheese that's.
Speaker 2: Probably been in there. It's just we always so someone orders groceries, it's someone's well.
Speaker 1: Yeah tell me that, so so I love this, so you tell me so? Would you order it?
Speaker 2: On Tuesday Wednesday, the producer the first weekend will be like someone ordered groceries like don't forget or you guys don't have any fucking food, so someone like volunteer.
Speaker 1: Okay, Usually like.
Speaker 2: Older people do it, like I will say also because my I almost said my freshman year the first year I did it. They're so good about like new people don't have to like buy dinners or groceries or whatever.
Speaker 1: Wait the show doesn't pay for the dinners.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Sometimes but also I think about it, like could there potentially be beef or like a weird interaction because like maybe Jesse like didn't pay for like eighteen dinners in a row and like always into the bathroom and the check came out or something like yeah, like it's never happened, but yeah, like could you because some people resent people are weird? Or like what if someone like got dinner and then asked us to venmo them in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know, imagine if Carl asked for venmo every time you got bagels. Yeah yeah, maybe he does.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, everyone's a big, happy family. But like yeah, what if okay, say someone new comes in okay and like they got a dinner and then they like sent everyone like a twenty dollars Venmo, like you just not what we do around here, like kind of just grossed down. Yeah, Venmo Vinmo etiquette is like very much a real thing though. Yeah, I never as I haven't in a long time. Sometimes if it's like Airbnb's I will if I cop the AIRB and B.
Speaker 1: That's different. Yeah, I'm talking about like meals and stuff like that. It all comes back around like take care of your people. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I went to a dinner that my friends still talk about where one of the girls only ate a side of mashed potatoes and the check came around and we were like can we split it? And she was like I just got potatoes and we were like it just added like ten more minutes of fucking math to everyone's night. And you're just like, fuck pay for it. Come on, yeah, please come on, hon.
Speaker 1: So then go back to the groceries.
Speaker 2: Someone someone sends like what does everyone want? Yeah, I'm usually not that picky, but like like sometimes the guys like like proteine and the fridge like whatever, and then the girls usually just want stuff for like cocktails yeah, like fruit yeah, and so someone orders and like you hopefully like don't fuck it up. Yeah, But then you like we like take turns every weekend ordering stuff. But like, so breakfast castle a weekend. I was like, I got it, because I'm going to make a breakfast castle makes sense in the morning. Yeah, so I could do that. Amanda makes squawkam mole some days. Yeah, Lindsay makes up pineapple upside down cake. People kind of have their own things now, they're like, hone it, They're gonna make yeah, yeah, and then usually like if you want to make it that weekend, then like that'll be your time to like order grocery.
Speaker 1: But you know how like everyone does kind of like have a dinner or like a whatever. How do you know if you're like going to go out for dinner or if you want to like hire a chef and like have a Hibachi night or have like a Italian night.
Speaker 2: He's kind of just up to you. I mean, like you can cook, you can bring someone into cook, or we can go out. All right, real talk. I've been living in my j Levey ear buzz lately, like flights, Jym sessions, walking to grab coffee. They're just always in.
Speaker 1: And the crazy part about it is that the battery life is actually ridiculous. I do only can't remember the last time I charged them, and it's been weeks.
Speaker 2: The sound is legit, clear, loud, know your distortion when you crank it up.
Speaker 1: Also, I've been using their over ear headphones on flights, which is a game changer. The noise canceling hits and it's super comfortable when you're trying to take a.
Speaker 2: Little sleepy And here's what I love. Jaylab doesn't make it complicated. You're getting premium features without paying some insane premium price.
Speaker 1: Whether I'm locked in, out of game, zoning out on a plane, or just vibing to music while walking around, They've got something for whatever mood I'm in.
Speaker 2: JLB creates tech for every move, every mood and every version of you headphones, earbuds, wireless speakers, and more. You get premium features without paying the premium price.
Speaker 1: So go look for the blue box at Walmart, Target, best Buy, and more. Use code something on JLab dot com for twenty percent off your order. And I actually have them right here with me and they are so Cutesye.
Speaker 2: Another interesting thing, So the Hamptons is not like this big metropolitan never been I don't I don't even know our houses in the woods in the middle of the woods. So like, if you're ordering food, there's not a lot of places to order for like McDonald's sometimes will deliver. I think there's a windy Oh.
Speaker 1: No, no, okay, I said, we need to talk about the little the guy. Yeah, did you see it? I don't know, the one little tiny bite.
Speaker 2: They said it's the meat from when in the Krusty krab when he just when it zooms in and his lips get peeled in me and he nibbles it with his teeth. Sorry, guys, we're talking about the CEO of McDonald's sit a video eating well, he had like a huge eatingburger and it's the fucking weirdest video of all time.
Speaker 1: I think he doesn't believe in his product.
Speaker 2: He called it a product instead of a cheeseburger. But he just takes like a like the most pussy fucking nibble of this fucking cheeseburger I've ever seen. And then he and then he goes mmm, like, bitch, is it your first time eating?
Speaker 1: Wait? Can I tell you something. I went down a rabbit hole for two days one time. That this is what it's said. It's not like scent in stone that it's true because it's on the internet. But CEO those guys everything on the internet not all true, by the way, But CEO of McDonald's doesn't let any of his kids eat McDonald's. This is so stupid to me. Who's the guy who started Apple, Tim Cook, Jos Steve Jobs. Yeah, I mean yeah, but none of them even have Apple product and it don't allow their kids to use any of it. Tell me why that that's the red flag.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: The Campbell's soup guy got in trouble recently for being like, I would never let anyone like have campbell soup. It's like meant for he says to me. He said, it's like for poor people or something. Crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, I must be poor because I thought it was really good.
Speaker 2: I would I would crack open the fucking tomato soup from Campbells and if I.
Speaker 1: But is that not like a little concerning of like all these people, like they don't let their own family use it or eat it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that's not that's that's not surprising anymore, you know, Epstein, Yeah, it's kind of it's kind of a metaphor for capitalism.
Speaker 1: Anyway. You said, there's like McDonald's, there's like a pizza place there's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually I don't, I don't. I can't think of the last time we had pizza.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, we did. I thought it was like one of the first episodes.
Speaker 2: You're so right, and it's like there's a Chinese place that will order from that, like that's usually the best and that does well in the fridge when we come home. So if we order, like we'll come home and then there's leftovers too from dinner, Yeah, which is good. But I have I don't think I've ever walked through those doors after midnight and like not gone to the kitchen. Plus, when you're like out in it's club. I will say this too. When we go out, it is a lot of like there's not cameras, but we do do a lot of we're with each but it sometimes it's pictures and talking and and like doing that whole thing. And so then we all uber home and get to like kind of like let our hair down a little with just each other. Yeah, and we I mean I always forget that it's fucking on a show, like because it's just like fucking.
Speaker 1: Three little GoPros. Yeah, you know, oh, in the in the cars.
Speaker 2: No, in the kitchen. Oh, like we've been away from production for so long. When we come home, yeah, like we haven't been filming for like six hours, okay, so then we're not six but like three or four. Yeah. So then we come back and you're like your guard is so down. It's like it just is like good vibes.
Speaker 1: There's a moment too where.
Speaker 2: Production will be like all right, like we're going home, like have fun tonight, do whatever.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: This is like so I don't know if you guys think this is like so lame, but when they like call it and we're all about to like go out not miked up without cameras, everyone in the house takes their mic off at the same time. It's like it's like like kind of like getting ready for the night out, and everyone just like it's kind of like this freedom gesture, and so we all like take get off handed and we all like sayah goodbye to everyone and then go out, and it's kind of funny when I don't know, we just all like at the exact same time with Mike's.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like you just like yeah, I love that, Yeah, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I just think it's a fun show. Because it's we're all just like we just hang out in the house. Yeah yeah, yeah, they're still mics all over the house too.
Speaker 1: See, I think I would get trouble, not trouble, but like I also like yeah, like I'm too like president of a person.
Speaker 2: That I just like say whatever the show doesn't like want us canceled though, no no, no no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Gonna say canceled stuff, but like kind of just like how I will always just think it's funny that, like when you made fun of the girls crying for the first time, Like I would always be talking shit like that, you know what I mean, like not perposely trying to stir the pop just like why did she just cry? You know what I mean? Like I don't know, but that is fun. That's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I want more bloopers, Yeah, I want That's what That's what our tiktoks are for.
Speaker 1: Yes, And people are eating those up like that's what people want to see or like the bloopers are the fun thing.
Speaker 2: I have to sit on those for fucking so long and like they're the funniest videos ever and I just have to like I just look at him in my drafts for seven months and I'm like, I can't wait to do that.
Speaker 1: Wait, so when when stuff is dropping by like weekly, are you like, oh, I finally get to drop.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, so like the one for this week, I'll post it tomorrow. kJ and I were like around the pool like sword fighting, and I like one of those are like lights and like tripped and fell in the pool and like pulled my phone out like through it. Like that stuff never makes it. The other ship, we got a pool basketball hoop and I made it from the patio upstairs this summer and like, I just know it will make it.
Speaker 3: Just it.
Speaker 1: I hope Romo doesn't get mad at me.
Speaker 2: But we have like a Golden Years party where we all dressed up as like older people, and you know how everyone thinks. I'm like, people think I look like Robin Williams. So I did Missus Doubtfire and I'm like dressing Missus Doutfire the whole time, and I did like multiple tiktoks to her audio.
Speaker 1: Then I'm like so good. Yeah, then I'll hope my Lindsay, my sister Lindsay, because like they you know, they show you like clip its of whatever, and she's like, I think that the old people, because you guys go all out, like balls to the walls in your costumes just make it even way better. Yeah, but she goes, I think it's so funny because like everyone's kind of like arguing or like whatever, but everyone like looks old. I think that shit is so funny.
Speaker 2: No, they cut to the trailer is a scene of me being like so sad and like lay my head down and I have a wig on and like a a broach thing like a flower and irrits.
Speaker 1: But that is so No, it is good. Lindsay was dying. She's like, how do they even like have serious or like dramatic conversation when everyone looks like old like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny. I've seen on the internet a lot that people like love that.
Speaker 1: So good. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 5: All right, and now to the next one, guys, some RB's hot girls of the week. Speaking of hot girls, maybe some tall ones. Josh, listen up, Josh. My girl of the week is a very special woman. She works in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's the one who clicked your ears off.
Speaker 2: No, my ears. She uh, she lined up my beard. She brought my mustache down and gave me the MVP treatment.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? What do you mean mustache down?
Speaker 2: So like usually used to go like this.
Speaker 1: Her name's mo.
Speaker 2: I gotta give her a shout out. She's lovely, so fun, okay, gave me the best day of my life.
Speaker 1: Oh oh share?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I don't care, like a what's the main scent that people use for like spa stuff? Lavender hot towel put on my face with like lavender oils. I had to show her love because she made my day lovely?
Speaker 1: Really? Wait, can you tell me so? When you say just down, you just mean just trimmed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like it's usually the mustache is more than my beard. We just even them all out like this. It's like this part is still technically a mustache. Yeah, but it's just it's not longer than the rest of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you normally do that? No?
Speaker 2: I usually just I usually do my beard all by myself, really, but I don't trim here. I just trim it in front of my lips. But I don't like full razor. It does it make Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I complimented you yesterday. The eyebrows are looking good too, thank you. Yeah, that hurts. Threading hurts.
Speaker 2: Don't tell people that. No, wait, can we talk about that recording?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I think that men should groom themselves and can I also tell you something? And I know women are will never admit this. We Derma plane are face too. We have hair on our face and like everyone's like, oh, I don't we all have fucking hair on our face.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I always cut myself and you're blonde, so that's like, yeah, I know. Yeah, there's people who really so weird to talk about though I don't think it is. No, I think there's a stigma around, like women taking the hair.
Speaker 2: Off their face, not that that might be a you guys thing, because I don't think about it much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think men do, but I think for women, like we we like everyone Dermo planes, I don't even know Dermo plane is okay, so Dermo plane is like it helps us, Like you do that spas. I do you know what nair is? Yeah? Did you do it? I put it on my I used it on my balls in college.
Speaker 2: I using my balls in college and it's so bad for you. Oh yeah, I was like, oh this, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Have to like shave my balls.
Speaker 2: I burned probably like so many important things off my like inside of me. Someone said, someone was like, just use this, and I was like, okod, but that was when.
Speaker 1: It was brand new. But then it like came out real fast and I burned. You yep, did it just start burning kind of but all the hair came off? So did you you still use it?
Speaker 2: The chicks are really grossed out by me. Actually, like the smoothest balls in all of Montana. Yikes, I've heard. Yeah, as I've gotten older, I've I know that that's not the.
Speaker 3: Way to go.
Speaker 1: So you just still don't use Why do you like that? Anyways? Germa plane? Germa plane is a lot of like when you go get facials and stuff like that. It's it's like this blade and it gets like dead skin off, but it also gets like the hair off your face and it like makes your your face look like very smooth and shiny. Oh okay, yeah, like do it all the time.
Speaker 2: Huh Where do you think would you if you didn't use it? Would you have like would you have like lamb chop sideburns?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Because like facial hair no. I actually, funny story day is gonna kill me. I'm blonde, so like I feel like my I don't really have a lot of hair in general anyway, and like I have to like dye my eyebrows because like I barely have eyebrows, but Lindsay has. And like I feel like girls who have darker hair, I think you kind of like, yeah, a little musty, little shadow. It was so funny because Lindsay was like just going into high school, you know, and like you're already kind of nervous being a freshman. And yeah, our little cousin was like, I think in like first grade or something grade he goes, why do you have a mustag? I just think it's so funny. But she, well, Lindsay doesn't even have a mustache. Like it's like but it's I'm sure. But you guys, it's like just like like you know how some girls actually have a mustache. Lindsay like maybe had Like it's just a little I don't even know what you call it. We all know that everyone grows hair in the same places. Yeah, it's all good. Lene's yeah, is she still no?
Speaker 2: She never?
Speaker 1: Who's yours?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: You know what, I will give mine to my flight attendant on the way up here.
Speaker 2: Love her name was Ashley Ashley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ashley was great, And the only reason why I'm going to give it to her is because she gave me an extra blanket and extra pillow on my red eye. So let's give her.
Speaker 2: Two blankets, cold bro, she should have given you do did she give you extra sun chips?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I was asleep, I didn't. I miss my meal. I missed my meal. Sometimes I haven't been eating my my plain meals recent. Honestly kind of gross. They're not as good as they need a Oh. Also not a big fan of Southwest anymore, never was, dude. Bags are so expensive there you can't say anywhere, and the flight attendants have gotten pretty rude.
Speaker 2: Oh I think the way Southwest does their flights is so fucking weird and scary. I would never just free border plane without a seat, it's so weird. Well you don't anymore. Yeah, but that's because it's weird and they know that that was stupid and dumb.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you like it?
Speaker 2: Because like, what do you want to board a plane? And like you have to choose a seat anytime you get on a bus, and you're like, can I say with you? Like it's just like weird. I don't like, I don't want to do that, all right, quick time out. Today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet, Florida sports book. With hard Rock Bet, there's literally always something going on hoops hockey, plus all the same game parlays, live betting, and player props. If you haven't signed up yet, new users can double their winnings in their first ten bets up to fifty bucks. So if you're supposed to win one hundred and now you're looking at two hundred, boom and The hard Rock Bet app is the only legal sports book in Florida and it's live in air Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan, with more states coming soon. They've got all new promos every single day. Go ahead and download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit today playable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminole Tribe in Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital, LLC and all other states must be twenty one and older and physically present in Arizona Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia to play. Terms and conditions do apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight admit it. And in Indiana, if you were someone you know as a gambling problem and wants to help, call twenty hundred and nine with it gambling problem called twenty hundred Gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia. Yeah, the World Baseball Classic starts this week and this is brought to us by Hard Rock Bet. I want to say the last one was three twenty twenty three, twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Six, three years ago.
Speaker 2: I watched when Tawny pitched to Mike Trout and they were teammates at the time before he signed with the Dodgers. For a Tawny did which is just like an all time Like if you're a baseball fan, you couldn't like write that up any better, even though Mike Trout to me a very underwhelming famous baseball player.
Speaker 1: But ask is something real quick, because like I feel like baseball just has so many games and I get confused. Is this is like the Olympics for baseball pretty much.
Speaker 2: I mean to paraphrase. Yeah, yeah, it's dope though, like it's fun because also those like all the Central American countries are so good and they like get so into it. It's played in Miami. I think they're is there any ja I think they're starting in Japan.
Speaker 1: Wait, what do you mean starting in Japan? Like those games they're in Miami or they're moving it to all Japan.
Speaker 5: They had like four locations.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah wow, but like them playing in Miami when it's like like Dominican Republic, Venezuela all those teams like yep, so dope.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's got Tokyo, San Juan, Puerto Rico, Houston, Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow, that's like so perfect that yeah. But yeah, like Korea, Japan, big baseball country. Ye when we went to Korea last year and I was like we were a week early before their baseball season started.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Their baseball in Korea is like SEC football in relief.
Speaker 1: Yes, what did the stadiums look like?
Speaker 2: The big and they're fun and they're like so into it, so dope, it's so dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So like obviously Japan, now.
Speaker 2: Yeah they have Otani and that was his m uh picture, someone to help me the picture Yamamoto killed. It's it's dope. Like I I once you get to like the quarterfinals of this, I'll be probably like super dialed. But obviously you know what to do. Worst good. We won two World Classes ago. That's when like Eric Hosmer played all those guys. Do you Adam Jones that year rob his sick home run?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hold it out the crown.
Speaker 2: I remember that that was watching this in San Diego. He made the catch on the wall and then he he landed in any USA himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, I remember that.
Speaker 2: It was sick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, US say athletes be stepping up in the moment. Steph Curry with the night Night you had Adam Jones over here. No pressure USA, But we're watching you guys. They're the favorites right now minus one fifteen. Japan is second at plus three twenty five. So if you guys want to predict the winner, I'll give it to the USA.
Speaker 2: I mean we just want to, you know, keep the hockey moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do we pretty much get all of our golden gloves and just stack our team.
Speaker 2: I mean it's but but the one thing is you would be surprised how like many dudes in MLB are like are playing.
Speaker 1: For other other countries.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's so like a really fun tournament.
Speaker 1: Yeah good, Well now I'm kind of invested. Yeah, I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: I'm the fucking championship in Miami is like what when when? Right before MLB starts, So it's like it's quick slide, dude, I would side heavy.
Speaker 1: That's an event that we would love to go to.
Speaker 2: Bobby the Junior followed me in December. Fun show out for me in the on the pod.
Speaker 1: Who who's our coaches? Who's USA coaches?
Speaker 2: It's also weird because you're like, but being a manager for that is weird because it's do you do you try to keep a lineup steady or do you mix it up so other dudes can play? Because they're all good.
Speaker 1: I know that, but that's what makes it. That's why I want to know. Who's kind of coach is? Mark Durosa is the manager.
Speaker 2: It's the second year doing it.
Speaker 5: Okay, not the highest profile name, but other key coaches on the staff. Andy Pettitt former Yankee, Skip Schumacher, Matt Holliday, former Cardinal Saint Louis and David Ross former Chicago Cubs. So I mean we got the heavy hitters.
Speaker 1: We got to bring it on. Are all gms the Skip? Yeah, so listen to this. I went to a spring training game because it's all out in Scotstar right now and it's beautiful weather to be doing it, and I thought I met the GM for the Cubs. Awesome dude. I thought his name was fucking Skip.
Speaker 2: Well, if you call them skippy doesn't not.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was like Skippy and they're like, you know, that's not his name. I was like, nope, learn something new every day, but yeah, let's let's go get this. And then, honestly, what a great Katie episode?
Speaker 2: Uh huh, oh Katie?
Speaker 1: I think its KD.
Speaker 2: Who's Katie KD? I agree? Three five? What does it look like on the monitor?
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Fifty three? Baby? Nope, there you go there it is thirty five starting to fly by.
Speaker 2: That's like his I can't think of anyone else in the world of sports. He's thirty five.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I really liked that number.
Speaker 2: Jalen Watson for the Chiefs whatever. Thanks you for watching, guys,