Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It is a Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar, Ben Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you filling in for Dan and the guys here on this Thursday morning, Brady LeVar found his AMMO. He was a little slow so far we've seen have we seen like nine millimeters shotguns? No blow dart yet he's currently pulling out. He's like, job moran, Now he just detonated a bomb. There's all sorts of stuff that does make me, what by have a rooting interest. I would like to see Memphis get into the postseason because hopefully John Morant is one hundred percent ready to go. Because man, when the playoffs hit, who knows what he's gonna pull out. I mean, he might go he might go well wow wow, like he might go musket, he might go none shucks. Like you never know what Jamran is is working with. It's going to have some violence connected to it though. That's that's There's going to be a casualty at the end of one of his celebrations. Sure will. Yeah. By the way, we were doing this show here live from the ti Raq dot Com studios ti rack dot com will help you get there, an unmatched selection, fast free shipping, free road has a protection and over ten thousand recommended installers. Tiraq dot com the way tire buying should be. NFL Draft is coming up soon. Can't get here fast enough. With all the make belief stories that are out there. One guy who was, Yeah, just some of this stuff just sounds like garbage. Joe Shane, though, the general manager for the New York Giants, who seems to be having a much better offseason this year as opposed to last year when it was played out on hard knocks. But Joe Shane spoke with the media yesterday and not only talked about the quarterback position as they sit at number three, but also apparently they're getting some interest from other teams as well too when it comes to their pick.
Speaker 3: With the signing of those two players, I think we put our position ourselves in a position where you know, I don't think that's mandatory or something that we're our feet of the fire and we have to do. You know, I think the two guys we signed have played a lot of ball, They've got a lot of skins on the wall, and I do think we've upgraded that room, you know, compared to where it was a year ago.
Speaker 4: I like the two guys that we have.
Speaker 3: And you know, Tommy's still in there and he's won games for us too, and we're happy with the makeup of the room right now.
Speaker 5: We'll be open to all options.
Speaker 3: I mean those as strategy sessions have been ongoing and you know, talking through different scenarios. So yeah, well we're always going to be open to, you know, either or of those scenarios.
Speaker 6: A lot of interests around teams looking to train up.
Speaker 3: We received some calls.
Speaker 5: We receive calls, all right. Abdul Carter call.
Speaker 2: Abdul Carter is a three to one favorite to be selected number three overall to the Giants.
Speaker 7: So well, that doesn't mean he'll be selected by the Giants. It just means he's going to go number three overall.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think what you said while Jonas was off that he can't respond to because he wasn't here to hear what you said, certainly, uh, certainly is more relevant and in today's conversation than it was yesterday.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 8: Professional co signing is always the best, especially when you have supporters, you know, the league. Then you get Q doing what he's doing with your You're just.
Speaker 7: Laughing at it because I didn't think he was going to go there. And if we really want to be honest, get out of the central Cubs really struggled h only one of two versus the podere.
Speaker 8: You know what, let me tell you something shown you worry about staying out away of those dolphin statues that you walk by that you see.
Speaker 2: All right, buddy, I'm married exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, avoid avoid them breathing holes them blow the hole anyway. So the point I'm making here you asked the question on the show, Q, does this mean they're trying to drive up the value of Shador Sanders to entice a team to want want him at three where they can trade down because they could still possibly get the player that they would want without using that three pick.
Speaker 2: I think, if I sit it correct.
Speaker 5: I actually don't think I said any of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, well trade back at least right trade now.
Speaker 7: My thing was is there might be someone interested in Abdul Carter because they don't have a need for Abdull Carter.
Speaker 5: They've got On Thibeau, they've got Brian Burrce.
Speaker 7: So we want to trade back because we feel like we could still get a quarterback or get someone else and an exchange get more draft.
Speaker 8: Cap the Giants, that being the Giants in this situation, right, Okay, So I think that's more relevant now after hearing that explanation from the GM than it ever has been. Honestly, if I'm if I'm I'm being realistic, I'm calling Cap on some of this stuff that's coming Shador Sanders way, I'm calling Cap on that. I think people know his talent level. I think they know what he brings to the table, but in order to keep people off balance on what it is that you would really like to do, I think things like this happen sometimes, and it just happens to be a little bit more coverage towards Shador Sanders than what it would be maybe possibly for other prospects in years past. But as it applies to the New York Giants looking at that number three picky, if they had no other recourse, nobody wants to offer them what they want. They can't miss on this pick. They really can't miss on this pick. And I think it's just based upon the conversation that we had with Prisco, is that they're facing losing their jobs, whether it's the GM, whether it's the head coach, and whether they're able to save themselves or not, it still seems to be a pick that may give them some type of ammunition to be able to make maybe a legitimate argument that they should be able to retain their jobs and continue to build this team out. I don't know how realistic that is, but in listening to this, it might be way better for the New York Giants to trade out of that number three pick and hope that they can get more draft capital and still be able to get a player that they would really want with one of the high draft picks that they would swap out with with the team that would take that number three overall.
Speaker 2: Because if you got if we were looking at the top prospects and everyone says, well, it's Travis Hunter and Abdul Carter and you can swap either one of those, there's going to be a team who's going to look at the Giants if if the point is listen, they don't need abdul Carter, they've already got that position addressed. That's going to be willing to give up a significant amount for one of the top overall prospects in the draft. So if you're Joe Shane, the Giants like, why would you like, why would you take a quarterback? Why would you go If it's too high to take an Ashton gent team, maybe you could drop back and and and.
Speaker 8: But is it is it too high? I mean, didn't they take say Quon at number two? Yeah, but it was it was that hit. Clearly they weren't fans of his. Clearly they made a tremendous mistake, is what they did that the draft pick.
Speaker 7: Was doing different general manager right, that was David Gettleman. And then you had Joe Shander came in and you know he didn't prioritize paying that position the same way the Eagles did.
Speaker 2: I guess, well, that didn't look good. Doesn't look good. But it was a hit. The pick was a hit. So I don't think. I don't feel Ashton Genty should be talked about more.
Speaker 8: I just I've said it. I feel it. You know, I've talked about him the entire I've been talking about Ashton Genty for at least.
Speaker 2: Two or three years now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: I've been really committed to talking about how really talented this dude, is I've said to people, we haven't seen him back like this since you know, Barry Sanders and Eric Dickerson and the Pony Express and you know what, and now people want to get on the bandwagon with Ashton Genty.
Speaker 2: He's not being discussed.
Speaker 5: You say it enough, people will think it's true. Right, Yeah, I mean that's what. That's the point.
Speaker 8: And now what I said, you could shoot it out there like you really meant it. Oh yeah, I'm shooting this like I really mean it. I mean, I didn't hear this from one Braden Quinn. I just I just figured that this is people are starting to catch on to Ashton Genty and I'm here to tell you seriously though, that isn't mine. I am a fan after seeing him play, and I do think that it would be interesting to see him go, you know, in top five picks top six, which is very realistic. I don't think he gets past Las Vegas. I don't. Now the question becomes who would want to make that trade with New York? Who do we think are the teams that have shown interest that would possibly want If it's Abdul Carter or if it's Travis Hunter, that happened to fall to number three. Who would those do we have beton nods on who those teams would be? No, but I've got you know, I've got one that can make some sense. Who go on, what do you got John's the Bears?
Speaker 2: Oh god, it does make sense now, because here's why?
Speaker 5: Is that? Because hold on?
Speaker 7: Is that because the new head coach made you know, not like DeAndre Swift quite as much?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I think, yeah, he doesn't appear to be a huge fan. But if it's a deep running back draft class and you think you could get a running back that could be quality at the next level later on, maybe the Bears called the Giants. I'm talking from the standpoint of Abdul Carter. Maybe they call up and say, you can take the tenth pick, and we've got the thirty ninth and the forty first pick as well too. I mean, those are three picks in the top forty plus. Why not if you're that interested or you believe that you need help. From a pass rushing standpoint, they haven't gotten great production from Montes Sweat, especially last year, and they gave him a whole bunch of money. You know, maybe they could hit up the Giants and be like, are you would you be willing to drop back to ten or is that too far to fall out to still get a quality player? That's what is it?
Speaker 8: What does it look like if you're in the top ten to trade a pick like say, for instance, the news surfacing on vverybel wanting TJ. Watt in New England, that means you want to edge rusher. And if you're trying to get a TJ. Watt at the type of dollar that you were trying to you're going to have to pay to get them. Would it make sense to try to swap out with swap out with New York at that at that four pick and get somebody else That way, you'd only drop one pick back and and then you get you know, you get the differences.
Speaker 7: The difference is about four hundred points, which would essentially be a second round pick.
Speaker 2: If you're looking at the traffic value chart.
Speaker 7: So that's typically what you would look at and say, it's about fair compensation to be able to move up or move back one pick.
Speaker 5: That's what you're looking for.
Speaker 8: So what that makes sense or not makes sense? If you're New England, does that make sense to ensure that like, say, for instance, there's another team that's like in I guess range that wants to try to slip into that third space. If Travis Hunter, or more specifically, in this particular moment, based upon New England showing interest in TJ Watt, would you try to get that number three pick so that somebody doesn't swipe it from you if it were to fall through with TJ Watt in trying to get this trade done. Possibly, I mean, it just seems like it would make sense. If I want a defense and the edge rusher of the caliber or TJ Watt, and there's somebody that could possibly trade up and take abdual Carter before we get them, maybe it's like, okay, let's swap this pick so we can make sure we.
Speaker 2: Get Abdul Carter at three? Does that make sense?
Speaker 5: When's yes? When was the last time you heard anything about vrabel?
Speaker 6: And?
Speaker 8: I think I read that yesterday? I'm if I'm not mistaken. Do is that fake news? I believe I read that though that there was interest.
Speaker 7: I remember seeing a while back. I don't remember seeing it recently. I read it yesterday. Actually, that's that's why I even brought it up just now because I was. I saw a headline where it was like Vrabel is interested the New England Patriots are interested in possibly because I guess it doesn't seem like the negotiations are going well in Pittsburgh, doesn't. I mean, from what I read, it doesn't sound like it's maybe going to get done.
Speaker 2: This draft really needs something to happen. We need an advantage.
Speaker 5: Well, what does it need?
Speaker 2: I don't look, I don't condone this, I've never personally done it. But if we could get somebody, like a top pick to smoke weed a get out of a gas mask, I think it would help everybody in their house. It make it that much more interesting. There's not enough trades, there's not enough trade scenarios, there's not enough positive feedback on quarterbacks. So and so is moving uh soaring up the draft charts. Everything's just negative doom and gloom. If we could really put a smile on everybody's face and just get somebody to you know, hit the hippie lettice out of a gas mask on video, and that's anymore.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Listen. It worked out well for him. He's made one hundred million dollars plus in his career. I don't even think he has an agent, Laromie Tonsel. I think he's represented himself for what is worth.
Speaker 5: I mean we went his weed guy helping him out.
Speaker 2: We had one of the most.
Speaker 8: Sadly, insanely bad happenings take place based upon the draft this year. I mean bad, super bad. I mean, that's polarizing, sad as hell that it happened. But I mean we did have something crazy that that is being talked about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I was.
Speaker 2: I was kind of hoping we could, uh, you know.
Speaker 8: Not as deep as that, because that's super deep real, that's like all the ways submerged. Yeah, okay, I'm just saying, don't don't you gonna pick and choose where we're supposed to stop on the spectrum.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's just not a lot of I'm telling you, man, I've mentioned this before. Brady made the best point a couple of weeks ago when we talked about it on our show. This draft really has no buzz outside of and that's that's the thing is.
Speaker 7: It's one of the reasons why that Shador Sanders is getting so much buzz. I mean, he's a bit of a polarizing figure. But there's also the element of there's nothing really else around it. And outside of these three, I would say four prospects outside of Abdul Carter, Travis Hunter, Will Campbell, and Ashton Genty, if you're looking at like top overall prospects, there's a bit of a drop off. And even with Will Campbell, people have you know, questioned his arm length? I mean, outside of maybe Booker, for a lot of the tackles, the ear least guys who played tackle in college in this draft class, a lot of these guys might get moved inside.
Speaker 5: The guard because of arm length. I'm not sure why that is.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure if guys just popping out being three hundred plus pounds with short arms now, but something's happening. But anyway, the general point is there's just not as much buzz around it, surrounding it. I actually think the most fascinating thing to me, And I don't know why I didn't know this, and I'm a little disappointed in you two for not knowing this. Do you guys know that the LA rams never invite any of the top thirty prospects in for a visit.
Speaker 8: I don't know how you would be disappointed in me for not knowing that, and I don't.
Speaker 7: Because you guys are out in LA and you guys are a little bit of like the like, Hey, what's up, man, Let's go to Nobu over there in Melbu do our whole like trendy thing here in the West coast.
Speaker 5: What's up? Bro?
Speaker 7: But I learned this because the new general manager, James Gladstone with the Jacksonville Jaguars, who's you know him and you know the rest of the scouting staff. They've implemented the same exact strategies that the Rams would use. And the reason why they don't invite in prospects at least the top thirties because they don't want to tip their hand to any of their team what they're going to do in the first round. Now, they still are able to meet with the teams or may excuse me, the prospects via zoom. But that's all confidential, right. There's no one really is saying like who the Jacksonville Jaguars are zooming with. And when you do those visits, when you bring players in, your medical staff is going to take another look at them after the combine, for example. But the combine is a pretty thorough physical evaluation, so you don't really need much more unless there might be a medical checkup, which again the NFL is going to handle with the follow up checkup from the combine for those guys who are still injured. So they basically you go in on these visits, you meet some of the coaches, you sit down and talk more. They test you on something, you meet maybe some of the players other people who are out there, but that's really it. They can't work you out. So the strategy that they're implementing in Jacksonville, the same that they have with the Rams, is something that kind of fasts. It's me about this draft that I don't recall ever hearing about in regards to the Rams, Like I was not aware of that, and look, maybe it doesn't matter. I would feel like from the prospect perspective, not that you get a choice and who drafts you, but I would want to go see like the facility, I'd want to go meet some of the players. I'd want to go get a vibe for the locker room and the organization and getting a sense of all that. Right, Like, it's kind of weird that from the Jaguars perspective, it might be good for them at least in regards to how they see the first round maybe the top end of the second.
Speaker 2: But for the prospects, it doesn't help.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: I mean you're literally getting drafted, had shipped off to a place you've maybe never been to before. It's kind of crazy when you think about it.
Speaker 2: Maybe they think, if these guys see this place, they won't want to be here, so let's just keep it quiet, you know, like if they don't know how messy the situation is. And I think the RAMS isn't the RAMS stuff nice? Now?
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess.
Speaker 2: The Rams get most of their attention because they were doing that thing that member Cliff Kingsbury had that real nice house. Yeah, the Rams, I guess rent like some beach house to where they do is their Manhattan beach or whatever? I think. I think it was in Malibu, and I'm almost positive there was like a COVID outbreak one year and so they couldn't even like really partake in it. It was her Mosa Beachley at whatever Malibu, hermos so there's water nearby.
Speaker 7: I thought it was more of a South Bay, you know, like down were like lighter and Robstone and those boys are at South Bay Bros. I thought it was more of that area only because they had like a public area too, where there's like the.
Speaker 2: Fans were involved and they could bring through some Yeah.
Speaker 7: Which again, you you could do that in Jacksonville, like you could remember that lady you know.
Speaker 5: Oh they interviewed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we we have that that lady.
Speaker 5: Uh, she should have this.
Speaker 2: iHeart Jacks fan. H Yeah, we're we're exorting. We're going to take it to the limit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, talked about her beach house that well it's not quite a beach house. It's well walk for the beach.
Speaker 2: But yeah, she she's a big, diehard Jags fan. We're efforting that. That sound by Uh So, let's see how we're working behind the scenes here, a little vamped, little vamp, little vamp Lee's working. Don't have it, dance Jonas. We got nothing being I'm being shook off. We've got nothing. I was calling for fast behind this and Lisha just just give me thirty seconds. I'll send it to him. They can turn this out. Well listen, all I know is this is somebody's got to do something to spice up this draft, all right, And and I don't know what it's going to take. I don't know if it's gonna be uh some sort of drama, some sort of you know, maybe a CD LAMB moment where you know, the girl he's sitting with tries to grab his phone and he rips it out of her hand because he looks check your text message says maybe maybe that wouldn't be a great thing to have happened here on national television. But we just need something here because there's just not a whole lot of interesting storylines heading into this. So Jacksonville not holding top thirty visits. I mean some would argue they're not a top thirty team.
Speaker 7: So I'm just saying, isn't it interesting, Like wouldn't you wouldn't you want to look at you know, some of those prospects like have them come into your facility, seale, they interact with players, maybe take them out to a meal, See how that, see how that goes. That's the process, Like a zoom interview is drastically different than what it's going to be like when you actually have to have them in your facility.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, listen to anybody who's been ahead a dating app knows that, like, you know what what they what they present the filters and everything, Oh, what they present to you and your best single long enough to have used dating apps?
Speaker 5: Yeah, said there was a case. It's a Jonas.
Speaker 2: There was a time really yeah, you know, and yeah, yeah are you sure about that? Positive? I go as, okay, yeah, positive, leave you where you're at, you know, positive, there was a time, but that you know, it's a long time ago. But yeah, you know. Somebody says, uh, oh, I saw a thumb go up? All right, Lee, what's the thumb up mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 5: On radio?
Speaker 2: We got her? All right. We got to say, we're going this is a Jags fan? Who last brush your teeth or last brush you tooth? In nineteen eighty eight? Who diehearts Jags fan? Let's let's take a listen.
Speaker 1: Furst picks. They say they have the best draft in the entire NFL. Are you surprised to hear that?
Speaker 6: Certainly not. The first year we took it to the limit and I was in Miami with my new beach house. Well it was a couple of minutes from the beach.
Speaker 1: It's been twenty years since then. We haven't been too strong in the last few years.
Speaker 6: Oh, we've been strong. We're just playing by the rules. You can't have a newcomer come in and steal a show.
Speaker 7: Thanks a man honestly sounded like a cigarettes Yeah, Yeah, sounds like a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, white paper surgery. Just have a cart in Hurst. These as funny as hell, though I loved it. Well, you can't have someone new rules still the show.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, clearly this draft is not very interesting. There aren't very many interesting storyline.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you're saying that's why they don't have any Top thirty visits. They don't want to see her at the facility.
Speaker 5: I see.
Speaker 7: One of the PFF guys was saying on one of their podcasts, he would take arch Manning right now as the as he'd rather take him right now, and he's only played about hundred snaps and had a couple of starts. He would take him right now over any quarterback in this draft, which it sheds a little bit of light on the fact that the quarterbacks typically drive the interest in drafts.
Speaker 5: It's just the reality of it.
Speaker 7: And this year is not viewed, as you know, as deep of a draft class at the quarterback position. Next year will be an entirely different story. Next year will be a draft class that is gonna be set up with again probably four guys taking the first round, maybe five more similar to last year.
Speaker 5: And then it was this year.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, we can only hope, we can only hope we get something spicy. But until then, at least we got our Jackson. What would that be? Though? I don't know, Man, listen, night through it. Look, we've already had somebody do it, you know, gas mask whatever you want. That was Like, by the way, wasn't that gas mask before vapes? I think it was really ahead of his time if you think about it. Hey, all right, it is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here filling in for Dan and the guys coming up next here. Though apparently old is new again in the NFL, We've got the proof for you right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David, and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 9: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So.
Speaker 2: Check us out.
Speaker 9: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, shop it up. As they say, i'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 2: That's Covino and Rich. It's a Dan Patrick show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox In for Dan and the guys coming up here a little over fifteen minutes from now. Somebody's got bigger concerns, you would think, bigger concerns than this, except apparently big fans of somebody we talked about earlier in the show. Here we'll get into that story for you again. Here a little over fifteen minutes from now. LeVar Arrington. Congratulations, man, thank you, congratulations.
Speaker 5: It's back.
Speaker 2: RFK Stadium is back.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 2: Reportedly, the commanders are close with the District of Columbia on a three billion dollars deal to build a new stadium at the site of RFK Stadium.
Speaker 5: It is back.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to tell you guys for years now. I've been saying, yeah, Kanks whatever, your FedEx field, whatever, that garbage. Enough enough, Brady, Brady, you guys got issues.
Speaker 8: Man, Can you finish your point about Are they going to name it r f K?
Speaker 2: I don't know, probably not, But what's the point of you bringing up r f K. I just want to let you know that the old site, okay, where the stadium was, come on cuz where they they had the old stadium is there. Man, Your your commandos are back. See you showed up there this past.
Speaker 8: Year, try to have a serious conversation, and they use commandos in there, So you're making.
Speaker 2: Fund the fact that you're you're using us.
Speaker 5: I didn't even realize we always use commandos.
Speaker 2: I didn't even get it.
Speaker 5: But serious or not.
Speaker 8: While they were owned by Snyder, they could have been commandos. But now that that they've changed in Harris and and they're.
Speaker 2: They're saying, you're saying, is that what you're saying.
Speaker 8: I'm saying, yes, less hard there, less hard e r it.
Speaker 5: No A no A.
Speaker 2: That's hard e r it.
Speaker 5: Now you can't say that. You can't tell us the hard e R.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want the herd. I want the hard I will not, I will never.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying I think that you guys should respect it enough to put on there.
Speaker 5: I bet Jonas when he gets cut off, you know, he might use.
Speaker 2: I didn't even realize I said commandos. I didn't.
Speaker 8: I didn't just I don't think it's such a I I think you just got Yeah, he's got he's got, he's.
Speaker 5: Got, I got it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's a big difference between the A and the hard e R. But what do you mean and this scenario in particular, the hard e r is acceptable, is what I will say.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: My point was, yeah, what was your point? Good things have happened since you have shown up back at the stadium this past.
Speaker 8: I don't know why you're trying to make a point of emphasis because we lost that game. For one, then the fans are sitting there like you didn't even come for the Commanders. He came for Pittsburgh because that's where he's from.
Speaker 5: Bah blah.
Speaker 8: I'm like, come on, man. First of all, I did go back for the team. I wanted to meet the ownership. We had a great conversation. I wanted to go there because it was military appreciation. Obviously, people know my work with military and veterans and first responders, so I wanted to be there for that as well. I just you know, it all worked out that the game was against the Seilers, and I got to see my childhood team and I got to see the team that I played for when I was in the pros that I love, by the way, very much. Loved the community very much, and the fans. We had an amazing time during my time there, So I think they are going in the right direction.
Speaker 5: Did you go the game.
Speaker 7: I feel like there was something controversial that happened. Was that when the sewage was coming out of the pipes or is that when they did Sean Taylor.
Speaker 8: You guys are doing wait, this is this is like a second set up to come at me doing bits. No, they still the Redskins when the Seawan Taylor and the water sewage was coming out, I know they they were by then. Yes, yes, I did not know that. Very distracting, very very distracting. I'm serious, didn't.
Speaker 7: Didn't something like after that game or during that game happened that was like similar to that.
Speaker 5: I don't recall anything.
Speaker 2: The sewage leak at the stadium has happened a couple of times.
Speaker 5: I think that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: I don't recall there being a sewage leak while I was there that I experienced.
Speaker 2: Remember you were people were sitting and they were taking videos. I saw that video, but I don't think that was the game I was there. This is a bit. You guys are bitting me right.
Speaker 5: On you now, I will admit.
Speaker 2: This recorded about this. Huh, that's that's what happened there.
Speaker 7: Saying maybe maybe I kept it in my back pocket, thinking like, at some point we're going to bring it up and have fun with it, but I don't. And something happened around the time you went.
Speaker 5: To that game. Yeah, I don't know. I didn't see that.
Speaker 8: Can you look up the last time whatever the field to it came out. I don't know what it's called now. It used to be called, uh FedEx Field. It's not called FedEx anymore. I was just called it RFK Stadium. Well that's a different stadium though, it's a different, different, totally different location.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, I was ahead of everybody because now they're back.
Speaker 8: Well, if they're going back, I think that's pretty cool to bring it back to the nation's capital.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: It would be interesting to find out, are they going to have a practice area connected to, you know, the stadium itself. Are you going to actually be able to live in the district of Columbia if you'd like to if you're playing for the team.
Speaker 2: I mean, I always thought it was like a.
Speaker 8: Really weird deal that you literally have to sit in an hour's worth of traffic to get to the game night game Eve hotel because you practice in Northern Virginia and then you go around the Beltway or you go through the district of Columbia and in order to get to Landover to play at FedEx Field. But you're named after the district, so there's nothing even connected really to the district. There's nothing there. It's just part of the name. But you live in Northern Virginia, that's not the district. And you play in Maryland, that's not the district, even though it's considered to be the DMV. I get it, but that's just that's weird to me. So if you were to centralize it back, like, for instance, where you when you played at an odre day because I've never been. Is your practice facility? How close is where you guys practice every day and where you you do your meetings and all those things. How close is that to the stadium that y'all play on Saturday.
Speaker 7: Uh, it's like three hundred yards.
Speaker 8: So you get to look at your stadium while you're you know, while you're practicing, you're breathing the same air that you're going to breathe when you play in that game on Saturday. It's like right there, you could walk to your stadium, right, That's how it should be. That to me, that's how it should be we never had a home We've never had a home field advantage people as a home field We've never had a home field advantage. Maryland weather isn't the same as Virginia weather. At times, you could have rain over here, it could be warmer over there, it could be vice versa. It's not the same. And you don't get that feeling of you're at home because it's a whole forty five fifty minutes away from where you live and where you practice. Imagine you got to do that. You play a Thursday night game, a Monday night game, a late game, and you get done, you still got to drive like forty five fifty minutes to get home. It's not a home field advantage. So anyway, if they were able to create a more centralized operation, you know where there's an experience for the fans, you know, restaurants, stuff like that, it's in the district. Like, I think the way the Nationals have it set up is pretty fly. I think it's pretty fly.
Speaker 2: All I was this week being at Peco Park in San Diego, which is a great park. Baseball stadiums and the design and the surroundings are so much better than NFL stadium it's not even close.
Speaker 8: I think it's I think they could take a lesson from that and do it. If they do it, do it the right way. Walking traffic they like. If I had the opportunity, I would have loved to have been a part of walking traffic, wrap my bike to work, walk walk the work, walk, walk home, have an opportunity to do other things that I can experience within the area, within the district. It's like you got to make it a point to try to travel around to do different things because you're nowhere near where you play. There's not or not at all. There's nothing at all in DC. So if they were to bring it back to RFK, I think it connects with the city on a different the different cities on a much different level.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 8: I think it would have a tremendously positive reception. I think it would be an amazing opportunity for the players that would play there. It would be certainly such a change in the environment. If they were able to create a more centralized approach to how they practice and how they do it on game day with that team.
Speaker 2: I mean, thank god for rapid radios. I'll tell you that the official walkie talkie of The Dan Patrick Show is a push to talk service with national LTE coverage, requiring no subscriptions ever. Get them before bad weather occurs. Visit Rapid Radios dot com now for up to sixty percent off and free shipping. All right, it's coming up next here. Apparently somebody's got real priorities and they might be the wrong ones regarding one player in the world of sports. We'll give you the details on that story right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w app.
Speaker 2: LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. Coming off top of next hour, we'll call it a little over ten minutes from now near from the ti raq dot com studios, we are going to talk about some more invites. Somebody's getting the invite deserve in the world of football. We'll get into that for you here on FSR. A reminder though, that you can stream this show and all of our Fox Sports Radio shows live twenty four to seven and the new and improved iHeartRadio app. Just searchs Fox Sports Radio in the app to stream us live. And one of the newest features in the app is that you can select Fox Sports Radio is one of your presets, just like the presets on a radio dial. So be sure to preset Fox Sports Radio in the iHeartRadio app and it will always pop up at the top of your screen. So you guys have talked about this, We've talked about on our show, just the fanatical approach to college football as opposed to the NFL and Lee. Apparently somebody has really taken it to the limit when it comes to their fandom for their team.
Speaker 5: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: Wild story out of East Tennessee that stretches all the way out to South Africa. In fact, there's a past year named Josh Sullivan who's been living in South Africa with his wife and children since twenty eighteen. Well, apparently last week he was taken at gunpoint and kidnapped one of his sermons. He was rescued late Tuesday night and a shootout that ended up killing three of his captors. Wild wild story, But he's he's safe now. But reportedly one of the first things he learned about after being rescued was this whole drama with Nico, and he's actually reportedly more upset about this whole story than his whole ordeal out there in South Africa.
Speaker 5: Let it go, Nico, how do you know this? How do you know this?
Speaker 4: This is this is reported. This was relayed to his fellow pastor who's still out here in Tennessee. His name is Tom Hatley and he's been in close connection with his fellow pastor, Josh Sullivan. Yeah, rescued. He was asked to talk about more lighted, heart hit things. He didn't want to talk too much about the ordeal he was going through. So they told him, hey, you've heard about Nico, right, and he's livid about the whole situation.
Speaker 2: I mean Tennessee fans, you know they didn't. It didn't take him long.
Speaker 8: To a Tennessee fans, boy, are very They are very passionate about defending themselves.
Speaker 5: And to love them.
Speaker 2: I love them so much. They make they make college football great.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you, you got to have passionate fans like that. The pastors definitely taken to another limit, but you've got to have that in sports, man.
Speaker 2: That's part of why they're called fans. They're fanatics.
Speaker 7: That they they live and and you know, breathe this stuff and live and die by it.
Speaker 5: So I love it. I love every every part of it.
Speaker 7: So even though they look Nico has probably gotten more flag than he's needed to, right, But that's what comes with sports man, especially now you're like pants of the kids too, and it feels a little bit more Okay.
Speaker 2: This is this feels like a healthy fandom though. You know, this is getting somebody past a traumatizing moment and now he just focuses on the football, gets his mind away from it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: It's not like that, uh you know Harvey Updike who poisoned that tree, Harvey Updyke. Yeah, but they had to get rid of it too. Yeah, he killed that thing. Had they had to just dig it on out because somebody put a Cam Newton jersey on Bear Bryan's statue. They had to get even the guy killed the tree, he wouldn't. You gotta get even man like really because somebody put a Cam Newton jersey on Bear Bryan's statue. So he just living thing has to go now out of there.
Speaker 4: I accidentally salted one of my uh my patches of uh garden the other day what do you mean, Well, isn't.
Speaker 2: That what happened? Like he salted the earth and then.
Speaker 7: No, no, bro, salt, He like he put.
Speaker 2: Like like strick nine or something.
Speaker 8: He put some crazy type chemicals on that ground.
Speaker 2: Bro, Yeah, like.
Speaker 8: Crazy chemicals on on the ground that that that tree.
Speaker 2: What lead like salt out of like a salt shaker on a like a kitchen table.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember that salt I gifted you guys, uh, seasoning, and it's basically a bunch of salt, and I I the top came off, so I put it all into a bin and then I realized I kind of had to get rid of that, so I like watered it down and I threw it into the garden. I realized that was probably the bad idea to do that, so I basically salted the garden.
Speaker 2: Did you kill the plants?
Speaker 5: I don't know yet.
Speaker 1: This just happened.
Speaker 2: What plants were they?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: They's succulents, so it'd probably be all right. Could they have been a name that different? Different?
Speaker 8: I could have been a different plant, say cactus or something.
Speaker 1: They were cactus.
Speaker 2: Their circular that's what a succulent is, a tractus. Yeah, you think those you think those plants couldn't add a little salt. How many times have you blown chunks of those plants? Coming home late?
Speaker 8: Say cactus bro, don't don't say succulent. Please steal us all a favor.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: A succulent ah
Speaker 5: Allie le allily