Speaker 1: What's up, friends, and welcome in two Fantasy pros. This is the Fantasy Football Podcast. I am Chris Wels. That is Pat fitz Morris, and we're here for Week sixteen wide receiver ranks. We're gonna be going through the top thirty six. It's not enough, but we got you covered. We're gonna be hitting your starters if you're in a three wide receiver or two wide receiver with one flex. But at the end of the show, we'll tell you where you can get more and where we can answer more if you're big questions. But we're gonna be going through the big wide receiver matchups for the week. In Week sixteen, it all comes down to this BUPAPA. It's the big, intense range where some teams have gone away, the most important are still there and you're clinging to a prayer. You're like, please do not have Cooper Cup, Jaden Reid, Darnell Mooney. Can we stop having donuts throughout the week? I know it's recency. I completely acknowledge this, Pat, so I'm gonna ask the question knowing we're probably not gonna have a true understanding of it, But like, do you remember so many absolute donuts happening from like elite ish wide receivers top twenty four wide receivers in the playoffs in week fifteen and sixteen. So far, it's been a disaster or into the playoffs of like I'm talking actual donuts like Deebo Samuel stinks, but like Jayden Reed, Cooper Cup, Darnell Mooney, just donut. It's donut after donut right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was really rough last week with Cooper Cup and Mooney especially. You figure those guys as like they're sort of PPR receivers. That's what the appeal is in a lot of ways, that safe floor because you figure they're gonna get four or five catches every week without fail. When those guys put up a zero, yeah, that stinks, and I know there are a lot of a lot of people holding those guys who didn't survive it.
Speaker 1: Well, we are going to talk about the Falcons in just a tiny bit. They've made a quarterback change and we're going to talk about what theoretical adjustment might be made to some of those wide receivers as Michael Pennix is take over. That was kind of our big breaking news for week sixteen. Not going to be something we're going to be running to get Michael Pennix in lineups, unless maybe you're in some superflex. But it does obviously have an effect on the pass catchers and we will have to speculate on that as well as all the rest of these guys Top thirty six going through. You guys want to check out what the ranks look like throughout the week because every day it's going to change. That's a cool thing about our ECR. As more rankers submit their ranks, the adjustments start to happen, so you can watch it adjust throughout the week. Go to fantasypros dot Com slash rankings and then you can follow along biggest matchups, biggest questions. You have put a little pen in it, and you can see all the great stuff that we got going on, from the matchup rating to the start and sit projected points. Do they score plus or minus against their projected points? Those are all some cool stuff that's just on the sheet that you guys can check out or on the page when you're checking out all of those. So fantasypros dot Com Slash Rankings, let's jump into it. Wide Receiver ones Top twelve Jamar Chase of course, at the tippy time. A wide receiver one Puka Nakua comes in at two, Justin Jefferson, Nico Collins, and Cdee Lamb. That's your top five, Mike Evans and Monross, Saint Brown, AJ Brown, DeVante Adams, T. Higgins, Tyreek Hill, and Brian Thomas at top twelve and Brian Thomas is where we just kind of hit the brakes here and talk about I'm very high on Brian Thomas this week. I've got him a little bit inside, so I've got him at ten. He came in at twelve, which surprised me a tiny bit. You've got him at fifteen so far this week. Quarterback play, of course stinks, but Brian Thomas in general has kind of been immune the last few weeks, or really the better way to say it is like all those worries we had of like, oh my gosh, what is Mac Jones going to do to him? It's just kind of faded away. As he has three straight weeks of double digit targets. Pat his catches have gone up every single one of those weeks from four to eight to four to ten. Those are targets, and he has three touchdowns over that time. Talk to me about Brian Thomas. You're not low by any You got him at a top fifteen. Do you think any of us are being a little too higher optimistic on Brian Thomas going up against the Raiders.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I feel like this is the right ballpark for him.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Mac Jones not a guy we're rushing into our lineups in semi final matchups in Week sixteen. But to Mac Jones's credit, he has been able to keep the fantasy value of Brian Thomas Junior afloat and I. Since Week ten, it's been pretty much entirely Mac Jones at quarterback for the Jaguars, and since Week ten, Brian Thomas Junior is wide receiver thirteen and a half point PPR fantasy points per game at fourteen points, which is really pretty solid. He's averaged five point eight catches and seventy two point two receiving yards in those five games with Jones, with three D three touchdown catches. His weekly finish finishes over that stretch Wide receiver seventy six, wide receiver twenty eight, wide receiver thirteen, wide receiver twenty three, and wide receiver four last week so yeah, I mean, I do think we're in the right ballpark in the low end wide receiver one, high end wide receiver two. I guess I just can't bring myself to put him in wide receiver one range when his target delivery mechanism is mac Jones. And like in theory, it's a good matchup against the Raiders, whose cornerbacks we are not afraid of at all. And yet the Raiders have a lot of the ninth fewest fantasy points and seventh fewest receptions and sixth fewest receiving yards to wide receivers.
Speaker 1: So but for over the last month, the Raiders have given up the ninth most fantasy points to wide receivers over the last month. So on the seasonal total does look in favor of the Raiders, but as of recent it has deteriorated and they are in the top ten of most fantasy points given up two wide receivers. They have given up, by the way, the most receiving touchdowns over the last month to wide receivers, tied with the Carolina Panthers and maybe surprise you, the Pittsburgh Steelers. So where it looks a little bit of a like, oh, maybe this is an advantage, like you said with but the cornerback's kind of disappearing. I think it's a great spot. Thirty six targets over the last three games, Mac has just committed to Brian Thomas, and the Raiders kind of fallen apart with from the touchdown perspective, They've also given up the fifth most receiving yards to wide receivers over the last month, so the recency of the Raiders secondary kind of blown out of the water, though they have a season total on them. I guess that's kind of why I'm following momentum. You know, Brian Thomas is a touchdown magnet. He's also a big play magnet. Do we have guys like you know? I like, like Ken Coleman. You get these big play wide receivers, they get two or three targets. But now give me maybe the most exciting big play guy and give him ten targets a game. I can't go against it. I think the upside is there. But to your point, you start to like you're picking at hairs of like do you have him over Terry McLaurin, Do you have him over such and such? I think the most fascinating one out of this, and I'm curious at your take. We've talked about him a ton this year, is talking about Tyreek Hill. Tyreek Hill is I believe eleven on consensus ranks here and Brian Thomas is twelve. I have Thomas over Tyreek Hill, not that I think the Niners are stopping him are by any means, but you know, if you do take Wattle, if Watle were to miss the game, more focus on Tyreek Hill. Tyrak Kill's been so inconsistent and we know the upside is like number one, but I don't know if I feel better about Tyreek Hill in general over Brian Thomas, with how inconsistent, the risk disappearing act also to his gameplay has been really bad. That was why I decided, Yeah, mac Jones is a quarterback, but Brian Thomas is getting ten plus targets and he's as big play of a wide receiver as Tyreek Hill is right now, and frankly two is not playing much different than mac Jones. So that's why I went with that. But that is like a splitting hair thing. Do you think there's a line between Thomas and Hill.
Speaker 2: No, I think they're pretty close to Welsh. I've got Hill ranked twelve, then that's what the assumption Waddle is going to be out. The problem is that last week Tehron Armstead missed the game for the Dolphins, and I believe they're starting right tackle was also out, So they were starting rookies at offensive tackle against the Houston Texans, one of the best pass rushes in the league, and it was pretty.
Speaker 3: Ctastic we could all tell for the Miami passing game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like, if Hill doesn't have enough time for even with his speed, for him to get twenty yards or fifteen yards downfield before the pass rushes all over to like, that's a real problem. And by the way, Welsh, one more thing about Brian Thomas Junior. I mean the twists and turns of fantasy season takes. If someone would have told you back before Week one that come week sixteen we would have one rookie wide receiver ranked inside the top twelve. It wouldn't be Marvin Harrison Junior or Malik Neighbors, and it would be Brian Thomas Junior. Oh and by the way, Trevor Lawrence is hurt and Brian Thomas Junior is still ranked inside wide receiver one range. I don't think a lot of people would have believed you with that prediction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not wrong. I mean that's been one of the biggest discourses on the on social media has been about like how valuable Brian Thomas is and every other person being like if we were to redraft today the you know, like where would they go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: I think the narrative is hilarious too. If all those scenarios are like who's the one and he doesn't have his quarterback? It's not Marvin, it's not Malik Neighbors, it's not Roma Dune. Say it is Brian Thomas, and he's been consistent, and again them just littering him with targets is what makes me feel good. But you know, like I said, I acknowledge this guy. This like him versus Tyreek Hill is more of just like a rank type of debate. You I think you have most people have the ability to start Brian Thomas in any league based on unless you just had some incredible wide receiver run where it's like you have Jamar Chase, Nico Collins, Tyreek Hill and then you have Brian Thomas and you can't start a flex Okay, maybe that's then the conversation. But Brian Thomas is someone that I think you want to get in your lineups, and you should get in your lineups, and the ranks also support that. I've got my VP hat on. You guys can get BP on your phone, your app, your computer right now and you can start taking advantage of some of the amazing things we've got going on at Betting Pros. And you always can, by the way, you can download the app and you can get on it for free. You can see some great picks. You can track your own picks, which I think is one of the most invaluable tools in there. You can even just track yourself into betting. You don't have to actually make the bets. You can do some quick picks and see how am I doing, and then you can jump into markets. But right now, if you use the promo code FP free, you can unlock one month of premium access to Fantasy to Betting Pros. And what does that mean. It means access to everything. It means to the tools. We've got the prop cheat sheet, we got the prop analyzers, we've got price pick analyzers, same game parlay tools, and just create analysis of each individual player. And team. You can go into how many times have they hit it? How have similar players played against? Go and check out the tools today. Premium access to Betting Pros FP free. That's code FP free, download the app. Use that get a month. You can even track the great pat fits Morris. You can follow me on there. You can don't look at how I did last Sunday, Look how I did on Monday. I had one of those swings where it was like, hey, look we've lost seven units and now we're up twenty units. I had one of those big two swing days there. But you can go and you can do it yourself, or track and follow all the other Fantasy pros people and betting pros people.
Speaker 3: Do it today.
Speaker 1: Download the Betting Pros app iOS and Android promo code FP free. Let's take a look wide receivers thirteen through twenty four, starting with Courtland Sutton, Terry McLaurin, Drake London. That's your top fifteen Milink neighbors, Cooper Cup, Jackson Smith and Jigba, Juwan Jennings, Garrett Wilson, Lad mcconki, DJ Moore, Is Flowers and Jordan Addison and a Partridge Gender a Pear Tree. That's what it felt like. Oh, Cooper Cup ECR sixteen, I've got him a bit lower. I've got him at nineteen. You got him at fourteen. So you have Cooper Cup higher than Brian Thomas Cup with a massively, massively disappointing week. It's got. It's probably in everybody's brains going up against the Jets who the secondary doesn't quite live up to anything or any of it. Pooka Nakula is clearly the number one there. I guess the big question is is like, can we avoid Cooper Cup fading away in this offense? This means very little, but want to point out I believe Tyler Higbee is also back in that and he gets a few targets in there, but I've kind of lost some of the Cooper Cup is an absolute no brainer, must start under every scenario. Feel to it. By my low rank, you seem a little bit more optimistic. Was that purely just a one off craziness that we had last week? In your mind?
Speaker 2: I do think it was well sh and I you know that man. As recently as a month ago, a lot of people would rank Cooper Cup and Puka Nakua basically back to back or even rank Cup a little higher.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I think there's a clear separation there.
Speaker 2: And Pooka is a no brainer top five wide receiver every week and Cup is somewhere in wide receiver two range. And I know the donut last week for Cup was alarming, and you know, hopefully there are Cooper Cup investors watching the show who.
Speaker 3: Are still alive exactly if they survived.
Speaker 2: But since coming back from his injury in late October, Cup is averaging five point six catches and sixty three point eight yards per game with five touchdowns in eight games. And that includes the donut last week. So like that's solid wide receiver to production. And this week he's up against the Jets, who are a little less tough against slot receivers than they are against perimeter receivers. So I think it's a decent enough matchup for him. I think under most circumstances, you're rolling out Cups still, even though no doubt the zero last week has got you a little nervous.
Speaker 1: One thing that also benefits to the Cooper Cup side. Over the last month, the fifth most fantasy points given up are the New York Jets, So you know, secondary and whatever you want to do. You can absolutely pass against the Jets and is as long as Cooper Cup just gets reinvolved and has that target share, that's what gets you excited about it. Probably, I just don't know where the Maybe Brian Thomas versus Cooper Cup is like an actual start sick question. I still think we're in this territory with if you listen to the Running Back Show, if you go back and listen to it, I think there's a pretty extensive gap of like, oh, these are the good starting running backs, and then it's like, ooh, you're taking shots. I think what I'm getting at is most flex spot should be filled by wide receivers. So when we are talking even through the twenty four to thirty six, I think these are all guys that you're finding ways to get in your lineup. So whether I'm a little bit lower or someone's a little bit higher, Cooper Cup is still a start regardless of it unless you have incredible, incredible you know, wide receivers and some oftimes you guys do in your ten man leagues. One that could be a debate as well is Jackson Smith and Jigba. He is wide receiver eighteen. You and I are on pretty far lengths of him. I've got him at sixteen, you've got him at twenty three. One of the things I will throw out to you, especially having like a hyper focus over the last month, the obviously full PPR, he gets a little bit of a boost. The Minnesota Vikings have given up hands down the most receptions two running backs over the last month. It's not close. They have also given up the most receiving yards by a wide margin, almost one hundred yards more than the next team yards receptions Minnesota Vikings. That's why I really like Jackson Smith and Jigba as the top guy in the massive target share. You don't seem as optimistic where he is just fringely holding on to that wide receiver two spot.
Speaker 2: Well, so Seahawks head coach, which Mike McDonald's says, Gino Smith should be able to practice and play this week, and that is a good thing because if it were not Geno Smith at quarterback and it were Sam Howell, I would be ranking JSN at least ten spots lower than this Welsh. Our mutual friend Scott Bogman and I spent a lot of time in the offseason arguing about whether Sam Howell had starter potential in the NFL, and I was on the no side of that. Let's just say Bogman has conceded to me this week that I was right after what we saw from Sam Howell in late game action against the Packers on Sunday night.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't hate the matchup.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty favorable one, as you have pointed out, and our own Derek Brown pointed out in last week's primer that the Vikings had allowed the second most receptions to slot receivers since Week nine, and then Keenan Allen went out last week and I had six catches for eighty two yards and a touchdown against them. So maybe the floor is pretty sturdy for Jackson, Smith and Jig but if in fact Geno does play, but Gino is clearly not going to be one hundred percent on that knee, and really Seattle's passing it attack has been on sort of a downward trajectory of late. Over his last five games, Gino has three touchdown passes and he has averaged two hundred and twelve point six passing yards a game over that span. So there's just not a lot coming from here. And even though JSN has sort of surpassed DK Metcalf as the lead receiver in Seattle. I'm still just not feeling great about this Seahawks passing game, especially with Gino kind of banged up.
Speaker 1: I can understand that. I will say two of those three touchdown passes were to Jackson Smith and Jigbus, so he has those receptions. I'd also say for me personally, Gina Smith out is dramatically more of an effect on DK Metcalf to me than it is JASN because if Hal is in, You're probably not going to have a lot of deep passes and not most likely a lot of check one, check two, check three type of drives. You're gonna have quick throws, and where quick throw is gonna go slot JSN. So I don't I think it has you know, maybe the upside of him being like wide receiver sixteen if Sam hows and that doesn't definitely feel as good. But you know, Minnesota has just given up absurd amounts to wide receivers and Jackson Smith and Jig but is coming off of a twelve target game, ten reception game. He's got ten receptions in two of his last five games, and he has had under seventy yards zero times. In the last six games he has gone over that number. If you count in what is a six games, only one of those has he gone under the seventy yard markers. So, regardless of the passing game, kind of dipping down Jackson, Smith and Jig but kind of keeps holding that floor. But it doesn't feel good if Sam House the quarterback, So I totally acknowledge that that's not gonna make anybody feel good. Zay Flowers will be the last one we talk about in here. He is number twenty four on the ECR. I've got a little bit lower, you got them a little bit higher. So let's call the whole thing off. What do you think about Zay Flowers going up against Pittsburgh? You seem a tiny bit more optimistic. We have some fade opportunities. I will say this, this goes against a narrative of mine. I am pro Lamar Jackson, very pro Lamar Jackson this week, and that might seem weird to people, but it is Steelers, the evil Steelers against Lamar Jackson. You would think Zay Flowers is going to probably play a role in that. But if I kind of tend to think that might be the one thing that they completely shut down. This might have to be another one of those Bateman picks up the slack type of things. But you tell me, you talk to me about Zay Flowers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I get it. Zay is in a drought. From week five to week nine, Welsh zave Flowers top the one hundred yard mark in four of five games and was wide receiver three and PPR scoring over that stretch. In the five games since, Flowers has scored one touchdown, hasn't produced more than seventy four receiving yards in any game, and is wide receiver forty four over that stretch. But today's credit, he has at least hit double digits in PPR Fantasy points in four straight games, So the floor.
Speaker 3: Has been okay.
Speaker 2: But basically, whilst I'm just sort of sticking with my assessment that Zay Flowers is a mid range wide receiver too, like I've kind of felt all year that's what he was, and I've always kind of had him around there in my weekly rankings, I think the Ravens are going to need him to be more involved this week against the Steelers. When he faced Pittsburgh a few weeks ago only two catches, but he did at thirty nine yards and a touchdown. I just don't think the Ravens are going to be able to go run heavy all game and lean on the run against the Steelers. I think they're going to have to mix it up a little bit. And I don't think Save Flowers is going to get the shadow treatment from Joey Porter Junior. I just think they move him around a little too much for Porter to follow him and Linesay up in the slot at times, and I don't think Porter will follow him into the slot.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Basically think Save Flowers should started this week unless you're absolutely stacked at receiver.
Speaker 1: I think, like the sentiment I kind of agree with, but like something that comes face to face with our ranks is like you have Za Flowers quite a few spots ahead of Jackson Smith and Jigba. I'll take JSN over him, as Bogwin would say, with a bullet like So that would be like our little battle this week where I clearly would want JSN even with Sam halif I'm being honest with you over that Pittsburgh matchup, oh again, because I mean my Sam out garbage but I'm just saying, like I think it's to just be littered with targets. What else are they going to be able to do?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what is let me give you the JSN stat line. If Sam Hall starts at eight catches for forty three yards.
Speaker 1: So a Wandale, he's gonna have the Wandale.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Wandale and no one, no one wants the Wandale full PPR.
Speaker 1: Would you take JSN over your Za Flowers or just in a in a vacuum, it's Za Flowers over JSN regardless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in full PPR, I would.
Speaker 2: If it's Gino, I would not if it were Sam Hall at quarterback.
Speaker 1: Probably got a reference. These ranks are ranked off of half PPR, so JSN does lose a little bit of the value, but you know enough Geno plays JSN over as a Flowers in.
Speaker 3: Full PPR, Yeah, that might flip it for me.
Speaker 1: Still not half, not in half.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I'm ranking it based on the assumption that Gino is going to play for the Okas, and I've still got Flowers stranked higher.
Speaker 1: All right, wide receiver threes we're going to be talking to or if you're in a two wide receiver your flexes. But my friends, you have an opportunity to help shape the Fantasy Pros Football podcast. If you have enjoyed us all season long, we want to hear from you. Take our quick and easy survey at Fantasypros dot com slash survey and share your feedback to help us improve. Here are some feedback suggestion tips. I love Welsh, Welsh is really great. What an awesome host Welsh is? You should have more of Welsh and Pat fits more so. Those are just some simple suggestions. But make it and put it into your own words. All it takes is just a minute or two Fantasypros dot com slash survey. Don't say like a ton of great things about Joe, we get it with piece of Pa. Let's focus on the others. Like ericson, he's so funny, I love Pat smile, Well, she's great. Those are the type of sugget I'm not trying to dictate what you should do. But no, no, seriously, you can just go and help shape that podcast. We really appreciate the reviews and we take it to heart. Fantasypros dot Com slash survey. If you would and be so kind wide receiver twenty five through thirty six. DeVante Smith starts it up. Jerry Judy, Calvin Ridley, Jacoby Myers, Khalil Shakir, DK Metcalf. That's your top thirty Marvin Harrison Junior, Darnell Mooney, Jaden Reid, Adam Thielen, Jamison Williams, and Keenan Allen. All Right, we are back to the Falcons, which I talked about at the top of the show. Darnell Mooney ECR thirty two. Michael Pennix is now your quarterback in Atlanta. What is your expectation of what he does or does not do for the pass catchers in Atlanta? And this ECR for Darnell Mooney specifically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this move was overdue, Welsh. They should have done it two weeks ago at least. Just an utterly unwatchable and terrible Monday night game between the Falcons and the Raiders, and the Falcons were clearly trying to hide Kirk Cousins in that game, Like I don't I don't know how many times the Falcons threw the ball on first down. I don't think it could have been more than like twice. Like they were absolutely trying to hide. Kirk Cousins throw it to you.
Speaker 1: I just didn't just want to jump in. I recall one pass where it was first read, and that was a Drake London touchdown. It was like, because Drake London ate that corner up so bad. He was opened by a country mile. But everything else seemed to be like, I don't trust my first read, I don't trust my second rd. He can't move. That was just some of the takes. Like early season Aaron Rodgers, I was like, boy, he's stiff and he can't move. But then it kind of progressed and got better. Kirk Cousins still can't move, and he also never feels comfortable with his first read. And by the time you get to the second checkdown when you can't move, you've got guys in your face. You got wide receivers and tight ends that don't have incredible separation. I definitely blame it on him. I think there's some other things out there, but yeah, he looked and I think he's even acknowledged it's kind of like a shell of who he was before and clearly going to go down as a epically disastrous contract signing from this past year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, Pennix has the reputation of being an excellent pure passer, and it's well earned. He's got a stronger arm than Kirk Cousins, and like he was known in college for his pinpoint accuracy, he put up just some huge, ridiculous circus numbers at the University of Washington his last couple of years there, and he helped get You can make the case that he helped Roma Duneesay, Jalen Pulk and Jalen McMillan all get drafted, probably higher than they should have been looking at the results from those three receivers in their rookie seasons. That said, I did not change the rankings of the Atlanta pass catchers this week, Welsh, after giving a great thought last night and this morning. So it's going to be the first start of Michael Pennock Junior's NFL career, and maybe he smashes right out of the gate in this not too daunting matchup against the New York Giants, But more likely it's going to be a bumpy first start, as it is for most quarterbacks in their first NFL starts. So you know, kind of you've got the washed up Kirk cousins versus the completely newbie Michael Pennix Junior making his NFL debut, which is going to be better for Atlanta receivers. I mean, I think Pennix, but it could be a rough ride this week. So I fundamentally like I'm sort of doing a blanket fade of receivers. I think you're starting Drake London under most circum stances. I think you're probably not starting Darnell Mooney unless you're really hard pressed. And you know, if you're forced to start Ray McLoud, bless your soul, and you know, I hope you find the miracle you need to advance to Week seventeen.
Speaker 1: To Christmas miracle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think my biggest question is like, does Kyle piss get more involved with Michael Pennix. It's a tight end question, of course. I will say, if there's one thing you did, you want to like look at the skill set of Michael PENNOCKX to where that could work for any wide receiver, it would be Darnell Mooney because Darnell Mooney is you know, their best field stretcher, deep ball guy. Michael Pennix can get the ball deeper a lot better accuracy that might equate to it, but it is more speculative. And Mooney just put up a big old fat donut and they've got Bijon and everything like that. So I'm kind of with you on this one. I've got him even a little bit lower. I don't really trust Darnell Mooney. Keenan Allen ECR thirty four, I'm right at consensus you are higher. He's getting more targets, he gets the red zone share. Caleb Williams still a problem. We are week sixteen in. He still runs around the pocket for twelve minutes. He's indecisive, great talent and it'll get fixed over time, but his inconsistency has me uncomfortable at all times. He has ECR thirty six, but he has kind of been that big main target and I'm guessing that's why you have him ranked a bit higher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the biggest positive Welsh like. I know.
Speaker 2: It hasn't been pretty for Caleb for much of the season, and lately there have been some hiccups, but the one thing that has improved is his chemistry with Keenan Allen, which was not there early in the season, but over his last four games Keenan Allen has four touchdowns. He's had five or more catches in three of his last four games. And the nice little run that Keenan Allen is on started with the Bears game against the Lions on Thanksgiving. You might recall Welsh that the Bears did not have a first down in that game until inside the two minute warning of the first half. But then Keenan Allen went bonkers in the second and a half and finished with five catches for seventy three yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: And I just I still love this matchup.
Speaker 2: The Lions have been fairly tough on outside receivers this year, like I don't know if that'll still be the case with Carlton Davis hurt now, but they have been giving it up to inside slot receivers all year. Lions slot cornerback Amik Robertson is allowing one point four to five yards per route run into his coverage and PFF grades Robertson ninetieth out of the one hundred and fifteen cornerbacks they have graded this season. I just think this is a terrific matchup for Keenan Allen, and you know, I'm hoping for something close to a repeat of his Thanksgiving Day performance.
Speaker 1: Final wide receiver we will hit here is mister Adam Thielen. Adam Delon a lot of conversation this past week about who were starting him over. We had debates of like Marvin Harrison versus Adam Thielen. It was a little bit underwhelming this past week. He only ended up having five catches. He had did have seven targets, but he does have twenty eight targets over his last three games. He's a clip eclipsed ninety nine yards in two of the last three, and he's going up against a whichever way you want to look at it, it's like a Median matchup against Arizona Cardinals. It's not great, it's not awful. It's decently solid. They were favorites last week. There was kind of a disappointment spot there. Jalen Kocher obviously had like the huge play and he was the big like total wide receiver from a fantasy perspective, but Delan is the mass target guy and he's the guy that I think it is safe. It's like seven to eight targets plus per game. He's ranking relatively low this week. Do you think the shine is off a little bit and like what he can do for you? Is he at best fringe or do you think it's better to go for higher upside plays versus Adam Thlen who maybe is just settling in as like a decent five to six catch sixty yard guy. Do you want to play some bigger play options over him?
Speaker 2: There is some recency buy I spaked into this ECR for Adam Thelen Welsh. You know, he gave us seventeen catches for two hundred and one yards combined in weeks thirteen and fourteen, and then a step back last week with five catches for fifty one yards. Not bad, but obviously not as fun as those week thirteen and week fourteen numbers. So maybe the recency bias is a little justified, though, because Jalen Cocher back in the lineup might hurt feeling a little bit because Cocher takes some of those slot snaps and he's not exclusive.
Speaker 3: Now now neither guy is exclusive in the slot.
Speaker 2: They sort of move those guys around a little bit, so THELAN might line up outside more often with Cocher back, Probably not as good a thing for thelan's fantasy outlook. But Xavier Leggatt is out with a groin injury this week, so at least that means that Thelan and Cocher are likely to account for a very large percentage of all of Bryce Young's targets this week.
Speaker 3: So so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean like mid range to back end wide receiver three. I think he's probably going to be in a lot of start sit questions for people this week because I do think he's kind of an on the fence guy.
Speaker 1: Let me just throw this at you real quick, a guy that I kind of like this week. There's not enough narrative behind it, but like Keon Coleman, I think it's more speculative, Like definitely flex play. You got a guy like Kean Coleman, who's a really big play option, great cornerback wide receiver matchup according to PFF, getting a few more targets in there, and then also throw in like a guy like Christian Watson. Kind of similar players. Christian Watson obviously can have really big plays. We're just looking for volume for him. Do you like, especially if you are reaching a tiny bit, do you see a scenario where you would start Christian Watson or Keyon Coleman over a guy like Adam Thielen, thinking maybe the upside is high, and maybe Kean Coleman's a bad example of it, you might like him a lot less than Watson. So if you want to just stick to Watson, do you think Watson's upside outweighs the floor of what you could get from feeling Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, I know you can always get the big play from Watson or Keon Coleman. I just worry that you could also get two or three targets for both of those guys the entire game, you know, with what I mentioned earlier about Jordan Love averaging twenty three pass attempts over like his last five games, and how run heavy the Packers have been, and how they're two touchdown favorites against the Saints and are probably going to be extra run heavy again in that favorable likely to be favorable game script. So I think I'd go with Adam Thielen and the you know, pretty safe target floor of six seven with the potential for ten, eleven, twelve.
Speaker 1: Deebo, Samuel Keon Coleman, Romeo Dobbs, Xavier Worthy, Michael Pittman. These might be questions for you this week, but we got you covered. If you do have those as questions and wean didn't hit on the player that you were thinking about, you can join us on Thursday on our YouTube channel right here, YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros three pm Eastern on Thursday, we got to start and sit live. We'll be answering your questions. You just pop in, drop your questions where you're going to be going through a litany of them and maybe just maybe yours we can hit. So make sure you're subscribed to the YouTube channel so you don't miss any videos, and that one specifically, you can set reminders on YouTube as well. Once we have dropped the core of the video, you can say remind me and that bad boy. You'll give you a notification when we do actually go live. That is it for the wide receiver ranks for Week sixteen for Pat Fitzmorris, I'm Chris Welsh. Thank you guys for hanging out with us. Good luck and your playoff matchups. We'll talk to you next time right here on Fantasy Pros.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast.
Speaker 1: If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple podcasts at fantasypros dot com Slash review, or on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at fantasy pros At.
Speaker 3: Subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash fantasy Pros, About