Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser with den Steinbeck.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some stocks on the move.
Speaker 2: Billy Lipschhealt, He's.
Speaker 3: Bloomberg News Equity's reporter.
Speaker 1: He's in our studio with some movers. Dell. This was definitely one to watch today.
Speaker 4: Dell ticker Dell del worst performer in the sm P five hundred, down eight point four percent, closing at the lowest level since early September. This came after Morgan Stanley downgraded the stock in some peers on sluggish demand, basically saying that this whole super cycle about memory that's lifting Micron and lifting some of these chip makers is actually going to hurt their bottom line, hurt their businesses. So not only does it impact margins when chips are more expensive, they're also worried a bit about what the impacts will be for the broader economy. So people don't want to pay up for a few hundred dollars or one thousand dollars for new computer. Then not only are dealing with more expensive inputs than people aren't really buying it.
Speaker 3: A double down grade. They like they went like two levels right, two levels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is not good.
Speaker 3: We don't see that this year shares only after today shares only up six point three percent so far this year.
Speaker 1: I think I had tear for they were tear eight for a while.
Speaker 4: Dell was on a tear. IBM was going to reshape and reinvigorate itself. Big Blue was on quite a tear though that still is right now at tw hundred and ninety seven bucks. A year ago was closer to two hundred and eight, So a big win still for IBM, but seeing kind of the older names underperformed.
Speaker 1: IBM's up thirty five percent this year back to Dell.
Speaker 3: If you were to go to the April lows, you know, post quote unquot Liberation Day, up to the highs, which were at the end of October just before Halloween October twenty eight, that was a one hundred and thirty three percent increase there. But since that high earlier this year, shares have lost just about a quarter of their value.
Speaker 4: Doing great, but the whole market has kind of underperformed, Like even the Map seven names are not what they have recently been.
Speaker 3: Probably speaking, let's talk about getting on a plane and getting somewhere warm.
Speaker 1: Well, so you mentioned post and where there's light outside, where.
Speaker 4: There's light outside, where you mentioned post liberation day. Expedia to your expe and booking ticker BKNG both having their worst days since the day after Liberation Day tariff announcements. Expedia down seven point eight percent, Booking down four point eight percent. This comes after the Google boogeyman strikes again, so online travel agencies under pressure. Google announcing they have an AI powered feature that enables people the book flights and hotels. Basically, you describe what you want to do and they're going to book it for you. Is the vision. At least, we saw a couple of analysts come out and kind of defend the stocks, saying, you know, an idea is different than taking market share. But we've seen this with Google, We've seen this with Amazon. Amazon, and one point was triggering cell offs and medical device makers because there was just a fear that they were going to get into the space.
Speaker 1: I've tried which part to get into the medical hoop device space, No, to get.
Speaker 3: Like you know, have an ll M, make me some sort of trip or something. People say, this is a great did not work.
Speaker 1: I've heard people I'm so somewhere where. Somebody got stranded somewhere and they used I think chachipet to figure their way.
Speaker 3: Who was we were talking to someone about this last week?
Speaker 1: Somebody in Portugal, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: We weren't in Portugal, No, we weren't. But who was my sister's friend?
Speaker 4: Yes, it didn't work out.
Speaker 3: Dinner We were at dinner at dev with my sister and her friend.
Speaker 4: We have been on the road. We're just like, who what?
Speaker 3: And they were stuck in She was stuck in the Azores, was trying to figure out how to get out of get off this, get me off the island. And they used she said, they used chatty pet and they were able to succe.
Speaker 1: We eventually got there. It worked, but it worked, she said, it really worked. Well, Okay, it's only Monday, not even Tuesday, lemon. Let's go to Alphabet.
Speaker 4: Alphabet the best performer in the s and P. Five hundred, one of the few that lifted this sp up. So when you look at just a points basis five point eight points and four point seven points that kept the major averages from what would have been an even worse day when you look at kind of the other performance, SMP closing off almost one percent, but alphabet ticker go G L up more than three percent at one point looked like it was on pace to close at a record high. It's always interesting when we have thirteen f filings happened on a Friday.
Speaker 1: So this I felt like this was right under the radar.
Speaker 4: I der the radar after four pm on a Friday, or you kidding me? Disclosing that Berkshire Hathaway acquired seventeen point nine million shares four point nine billion dollars. Stay, nobody will notice?
Speaker 3: Nobody didn't. People were well, you guys were on air.
Speaker 1: So I didn't realize it until this morning. Yeah, and I was like, why is this so much? I'm like, wait, what did it do? Uh?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, so here's your answer. But yeah, weren't.
Speaker 1: Right Berkshire boom step of approval.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna sat right, but I'm going to be more interested now than buff If it is stepping away, what happens. Do we still see these Berkshire halfway bumps or do we see people kind of say, oh, I guess you know Orklho Maha.
Speaker 1: I think to be fair, I mean you and I were talking about Apple and they get the new folks in charge. They have been having an impact on some of the names that they that berks has been buying for a while. But you're right, right, like it'll be in It's.
Speaker 4: Different, It'll be different because everyone's like, what did Buffett do?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: It's like what yeah, buffet list Berkshire do love it, Liss Berkshire.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.