Speaker 1: It was this.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 3: Ellis?
Speaker 2: Who is this Ellie? Ellis Islands?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How you.
Speaker 2: Have you been?
Speaker 1: Have you ever?
Speaker 2: Have you been to Ellis Islands?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: Who is this?
Speaker 2: It's what you know?
Speaker 4: Have you imagined what your life might be like if you asked less questions and went with the flow more often?
Speaker 3: You know? I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I think I know who what it is? Actually?
Speaker 1: What do you want? Bro?
Speaker 2: Wait? You think you know who this is?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I got a pretty good guess.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Uh you're probably my friend Vinnie. Bro, he's in a different fucking number. Where'd that take with?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: Vinnie? Tell me more about your friend Vinnie.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: He's a good dude.
Speaker 3: He's funny as fuck.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Where'd you and Vinnie meet? I'm calling him back?
Speaker 6: Yo, what's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: Dude? Who the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: It's it's the Gecko guy.
Speaker 3: Oh ship, it's Kyle.
Speaker 2: H Lyle, But either way it is.
Speaker 1: Yo Lyle.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, Bro, I thought it was somebody cranking. Bro.
Speaker 2: Who's Vinnie? Tell me about Vinnie?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Bro, my friend Vinnie. He's a cool dude. Bro, He's from South Florida like me, Dude. He likes to do these things bro, where he like uses AI to like uh train like where models and then he'll like he'll like create ais for like different people and then he'll do like crazy shit to them, bro. Like this one that he had was of President Biden, and he like kept Biden in like this like underground bunker and shit. Bro, it was super weird.
Speaker 4: He he AI trained a Joe Biden voice to like pretend he was in a bunker.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But he like he like kept him in a basement.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah bro, and he would like fuck with him and be like, bro, do you want to get out of the basement? And I and like all this stupid shit.
Speaker 2: So wait, how do you know Vinnie H?
Speaker 3: I know Vinnie from partying Delray.
Speaker 2: Partying in del Rey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bro, we have a good bar scene out here, bro. And I just met him one night do him Ustual?
Speaker 6: I think that's cool.
Speaker 2: You seem like you've got an interesting life. Ellis. I'm excited to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, I need to talk to you, man.
Speaker 1: B bro.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's just been crazy in my life and I need to get it off my chest.
Speaker 4: Wait, I have I actually have a few more questions about that. He like, okay, so did you think I was like an ai voice of some kind?
Speaker 3: Well, I thought that maybe he was messing with me, because I remember I texted you earlier, but I didn't realize that you could get back to me so quickly. This is like the second time I try to get on.
Speaker 2: So, like, have you ever have you been the victim of many prank calls?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually a couple of times?
Speaker 4: And what what was the uh prank behind?
Speaker 2: What was the prank behind the call?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean this time, bro, Okay, so I knew these two chicks, bro, and I guess they didn't want something who they were, but I must have known them in real life. And so they called me and like sorry, messing with me a ship And I seriously, like to this day don't know who those two people were, because I mean, there's like messing with me.
Speaker 2: So let's get into it. Why do you what kind of wait? Real quid? Hold on, man? Where are you right now?
Speaker 4: What I'm hearing like the whizzing of of cars and nots?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm actually back on my way to back to my crib right now.
Speaker 4: I went yeah, So so what is your life problem? You seem like you have a good life. I'm curious what's going wrong?
Speaker 3: I mean I do bro I thinks are pretty good. Things have been like kind of weird recently for me, So like, are you live right now?
Speaker 5: Can I call you back?
Speaker 2: I I mean, we can talk now if you want.
Speaker 3: Okay, because yeah, I'm going I'm like two minutes away from my crib.
Speaker 2: That's fine, Okay, So okay.
Speaker 3: I started into therapy right probably like two years ago. This girl that I was seeing I really liked because I thought she was really hot, and we ended up hooking up and she got pregnant. So after that, I got like really really upset by my life because I kind of felt like, I don't know, like I thought it was a good opportunity for me to be like I could definitely mature out of the situation, but she definitely didn't want to have kids. So like that ended up me leading to like drinking, and then eventually I had to.
Speaker 1: Go to therapy.
Speaker 3: And when I went to therapy, they got me to quit smoking weed because I spoke sweet for like a long time, man, Like I spoke sweet since I was like thirteen years old fifteen, I started like chronically using like every single day. So I quit at twenty six, and like it's just been like a hell but a transition because when I quit smoking weed, I got really into night stocks like man, like real bad, and like that shit has just ruined like my parts of my life. Like it's been social weird experience because like it's ruined parts of my life, but also it's like really enhanced them because for a while there I was putting drugs and like things were like going pretty well, and I got to be, you know, be able to like reconnect with a lot of old friends of mine, people that I just really didn't even like consider were my friends and I didn't consider like reconnecting with them because like I would just smoke weed every day, and like I feel like when I smoke weed every day, it's just like I don't really guilt fuck about anything, you know what I mean, Like things just kind of have happened to you, and like, you know, you really just don't guilt fuck, Like you don't have like any ambition or you're not like like trying to move forward.
Speaker 2: And like, so all right, I got multiple questions.
Speaker 4: One, So okay, So this all started when this girl got pregnant and am I am I under to understand correctly that she she terminated the pregnancy. Yeah, okay, and so you and so it was this roller coaster where you thought, but you got you guys got pregnant on accident, and then you wanted to take it to like you Basically, it was basically an emotional roller coaster, I'm sure for both of you. Yeah, and then it was that like the catalyst for the the the drugs stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was always kind of like into doing drugs, but like not like this, Like my night's problem was.
Speaker 1: So fucking bad.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm about like two months removed from it right now, but like even now, it's like I still feel like going back to it and shit, and it's just so fucking hard to like you all to quit. I mean, I don't know. I think it's kind of like a dissociation thing. Like even the girl I'm seeing now, she's a stripper and I like her a lot as a person, but like we kind of just do ketamine together and it's not really like like I like it and I enjoy and it's a good time, but I don't know, if I'm necessarily like living like a facility life, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're your two months clean off of nitrous yeah, and what are you are you like into anything now ketamine?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I do care with her right now. Technically I'm on probation, so I got like a dui last year, but I can't really like drink or do anything like that.
Speaker 4: So you're kind of in this is what you're seeing this girl. But it's like it's like we you know, we we hook up and we do drugs together, but there's not really a connection or any anything kind of meaningful being built.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm hearing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I mean I don't. I don't really think so. I mean it could be, but like that's one of those things I feel like you never really know, right.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: I agree with that sentiment. You never really know. It's something that kind of unfolds naturally over time.
Speaker 2: I agree. Something's something a.
Speaker 4: Relationship that is begins with just hooking up and doing ketamine can evolve into something deeper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. I think it's necessarily always a bad thing. I feel like when I was in therapy, the kind of told me like you know people, you have good connections and bad connections. EF, I want to like pursuing like more bad connections. Like it's you know, I think everything's good in moderation, but not like if you're getting like super adictous to it.
Speaker 2: You know, So are you trying to do less drugs?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I have to right now. I don't know if I am in the future. I guess like I like the party, have a good time, but like you know, I'm trying to go to school right now, so I'm trying to like really prioritize that over everything else.
Speaker 2: What are you going to school for?
Speaker 3: I got to school for musical theater.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, hold on, I'm literally I'm only laughing because that's the last thing I would have ever guessed you would have said, really, yeah, that's I'm like, I'm still like in shock that you said that you're going to school for.
Speaker 2: A musical theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what tell me about that?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 3: I love it, man, It's like my biggest passion in life. I started when I was really young, when I was like eight, and then I just I lost it for like ten years. After high school, I started to go to school for like finance, and that's because my mom wanted me to go for it, and I just didn't like it. So then I tried to do an engineering something that would make her happy, and I just couldn't cut it. And so like down twenty eight, still going to college, and I've been in college for like ten years. So I'm like, I need to get something under my belt. I need a degree. I don't want to leave here with nothing, you know what I mean. So I was like, all right, let.
Speaker 5: Me just go to school.
Speaker 3: I had the grades to get into the school for five a musical theater, and I was always deeply passionate about it. So I was like, this is what I want to do. I want to end up going to school for this.
Speaker 2: Okay, so wait, why did it take? Why have you been in school for so long?
Speaker 3: Well, I started in finance and I didn't really like it. I say, that's what it is. But then also I went to school for engineering, and so I didn't have all the like correct math prerequisites to really be able to transfer my school. So like you have the transfer process where you go from community college to like a you university, university, and I just didn't have to prerequisites to like transfer spara, like engineering or something that was like not musical theater. My GPA was like a two point three six when I transferred in, and I got lucky because the transfer councilor told me that I only needed a two point two five to be able to get in. So once you're in Florida, how it works is that if you get an AA in anything, you automatically get accepted to whatever state school that you want to go to.
Speaker 4: So tell me about So tell me about you and musical theater, because again this is not it's it's very interesting to me that you're into musical theater. What tell me about you and your history with tell me about your love for musical theater.
Speaker 2: Let's get into that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean it's just one of those things, right. I started when I was really young, like I said, when I was like eight, and then I did that for five years at summer camp down here in South Florida, and then I went to Arizona. I had a pretty abrupt move because my mom moved for her job and moved to Arizona for a couple of years, about four or five. There, like musical theater out there in Arizona doing community theater and doing high school theater. And then I moved back to Florida for my senior year and I did musical theater here as well. And yeah, I've just always been really passionate about it. I mean, I love it.
Speaker 4: Give me your roles throughout the years. I want to hear some of the roles that you've undertaken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I played the mad Hatter in Shrek once.
Speaker 4: Dude, I would absolutely pay money to see you be the mad Hatter. What you said in Shrek?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Shrek the musical.
Speaker 2: I did the Mad Hatters. I didn't know he was in Shrek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's part of the fairytale creatures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got Okay, that makes sense. He's a fairy tale guy. Do you do you have a crazy mad Hatter voice that you do?
Speaker 3: No? Mean, I would have to build up to you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I like to imagine that you play the mad Hatter, just like exactly like yourself. You're like, hey man, you want a cup of tea? You don't do any put on?
Speaker 3: What do you mean what you don't do any put on?
Speaker 2: Never mind? So what's your dream?
Speaker 4: What's your what's your what? Do you ultimately want to do with musical theater.
Speaker 3: Well, I've been acting here in South Florida for like five years, and I do like a lot of movies, a lot of like, uh, smaller things, like like student films. I do like some backstage stuff, and like really, I mean, I just didn't think that the movie career was really going well for me, So I thought like, well, I should go back to school and pursue what I really am passionate about, which the musical theater. I've had any hard time getting like an agent and stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Well I was gonna ask that is like, is it set up so that if you get a degree, is it easy to get work because of that?
Speaker 3: I think so. I looked at a lot of my friends in the industry, and I see that like a lot of people who have degrees in this field end up doing better than people who who don't have degrees in it or just using national talent.
Speaker 4: Interesting, yeah, And is the drug stuff preventing you from doing any of this?
Speaker 2: Is it making any of it harder?
Speaker 3: Well? I would say so only because like when I was on a nice OX side, I really really was trying to fuck up my life. I mean, when I went to therapy, they told me that I was diagnosed with like BPD. So I already have like pretty hardcore time like maintaining relationships and friendships. So that's kind of like a really big thing that I haven't really gone back to therapy to like really deal with that yet. I think that like if I hadn't been doing so much nice so ox size, like just messing with my friends online on like on my Instagram and stuff like that, I probably would have had better connections, so like setting it a little bit more, but I also still have like a lot of really good connections because there's a lot of people that I won't like fuck with, you know what I mean, Like the people that like are really important to me. I think I just kind of had it in my head that like there are good people and they're bad people, and I can't really tell like who's going to be a fake friend to me in the long term versus who's going to be a good friend to me in the long term, you know what I mean. At the end of the day, it's kind of hard to tell.
Speaker 4: What do you mean by you were fucking with your friends on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Well, and a couple of different things to do. Like I was like posting a lot of like my feelings and my emotions because I was in therapy, and sometimes I felt like people maybe thought that, like I was trying to talk to records to them on my Instagram story, and I guess that maybe that kind of made them uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Mmm.
Speaker 4: Oh, your friends thought that you were subtweeting them, as they say.
Speaker 1: Is that what that they call that sweet way?
Speaker 4: They thought that you were alluding to them when you were talking about your grievances.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, so, okay, do you have.
Speaker 4: A lot of you seem like a social guy you mentioned. I mean, you got Vinnie right, you seem like, you know, you seem like you're out and about that.
Speaker 2: You have a community.
Speaker 1: Do you do?
Speaker 2: Would you say you have friends?
Speaker 3: I mean that's kind of a hard thing to say, Like I mean, like do I have friends, Yes, But do I have any people know that I'm like really close with that I'm actually like my true self around? It's hard to say, Like I mean maybe this girl, I mean, my mom for sure, but like friend friends, I mean there's certain people that like I couldn't beat my real self around, you know, what I mean, I have to kind of put up a front.
Speaker 2: Why do you feel like you have to put up a front around those people?
Speaker 3: I just think that some of the things that I say, like some of the jokes I might make, like I don't think they'll like really tolerate them. Like I have friends at school who are very very keeping the theater, and you know, in theater, it's kind of like this thing where it's like a lot of people have a lot of different opinions about a lot of things, but it's very progressive, and so if you say the wrong thing, you know, you might be steps pose. And then once one person gets offended, that a lot of other people are going to get depended on their behalf. And so like I don't want to necessarily, like there's some relationships that I just don't want to ruin.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, you're you you feel like you are not woke enough for the musical theater crowd.
Speaker 5: I guess you could say that.
Speaker 3: I mean, personally, I'm very progressive as a person, Like I don't believe in hating anybody for any particular reason. Yeah, so in that way, like I'm very woke, but also at the same time, like like doing drugs and drinking a lot, like then shrinking and that kind of stuff. Like people aren't going to like really accept that kind of behavior if you're being a problem, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Do you've you cad you want to clean up your act before you start? Well, because theater is a very it's a communal thing you're doing, Like you're you're always going to be part of a team of people that you have to play nice with and integrate with, and so you don't want to be a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't, hm, And it's hard because like I haven't been doing it for ten years, so like coming back to it, it's like I have to re learned a lot of things, you know what I mean. And I'm also not I don't feel as good as you know, some other people on around, but I mean I've always kind of felt that way in the theater space. So I don't know, maybe it comes down to like like a self worth thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm not obviously I'm not a real therapist nor an addiction counselor or anything, but I will ask I'm curious, like what do you think.
Speaker 2: Is driving the addiction and like the ketamine and shit.
Speaker 3: Well, I like to psych out, like I like to have good like psychedelic experiences. I mean it comes from like a long like history with my family and stuff like that, Like my mom does drugs, my dad does drugs. My dad likes to smoke a lot of weed. My mom likes party. So I think that I'm just kind of like in some ways like I'm supposed to be, Like I am who I'm supposed to be, you know what I mean. Like I think that like because of my upbringing up, because I wasn't like taught.
Speaker 5: I was taught through school that.
Speaker 3: These things are bad. But I also like in the home environment, I wasn't really taught that these things are bad. I taught. I got pretty much taught at these things for fun, you know what I mean. M which they can be. There's like us responsible, you know what I mean. I understand that drugs can definitely ruin people's lives, and like even the word around it, it just has like so much of a stigma to it. Like you know, if you say drugs, you could be talking about any kind of drugs. There just like a huge difference between someone who's like smoking mess into an airway versus someone who just does like LC every one so long, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, you mentioned that you live in a place as a good party. Yeah, are you out a lot?
Speaker 3: I try to be when I can be, but like recently I have did because I don't have like a car or a ride.
Speaker 2: Mm hm m hmm.
Speaker 1: That's my fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you mean, like I'm just put the dui and everything that's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, but you have a uh.
Speaker 4: Though, you're an interesting you're an interesting situation because you have like, uh, you have like multiple identities that you're This is my armchair therapy read, is that you have multiple identities that you're.
Speaker 2: Like trying to be between. Because you're a because you're you.
Speaker 4: You like drugs and partying, and you're are you a surfer or escape? I know you haven't mentioned it before some reason. The whole time talking to you, I'm imagining that you are like a you live in like a surfing town or something like that.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm not into bigger into surfing. I mean it's kind of a surfing town. I mean Lake Whart Beach definitely people like to go out and desert. But I just rided my scooter right now.
Speaker 6: That's what you're Okay, So yeah, I read.
Speaker 3: The bus, take the bus down to school, Okay.
Speaker 4: But you're so, yeah, you're a you're a party boy, you're doing drugs, you're living your life, but you also, uh want to pursue this other thing that you feel like will give you a higher sense of purpose. Because you were telling me you're like hanging out and doing kademy with with uh this lady is like you You're like you're not feeling fulfilled and you're like trying. You're like between these two like versions of yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I think that a lot of what I'm trying to do is transition out of being so crazy and hectic like I was in my early twenties and like really set up my life to like be good in my thirties, you know what I mean. Like I'm trying to find ability to like have where I'm not necessarily always just like not capable of, you know, doing certain things or at least taking care of myself, you know what i mean. Like I have a firement, hey, Rent, so like that's good, but I'm looking to like trying to have something in my life. That's also like make me feel fulfilled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's exciting. That's a good I mean, that's a good motive.
Speaker 4: It because also like a lot of addiction, at least in my opinion and experience, comes from like a hopelessness and like a cheap like just fucking uh. You know, when you don't have any sort of like thing outside of yourself for like something to be excited about or move closer towards you, just like it's it's, it just becomes easier to get addicted to it. So like to have a north star of some kind of like I want to get involved in musical theater.
Speaker 2: It's and I'm gonna not.
Speaker 4: And the great thing about what you're trying to do is that it's a thing that is involved, heavily involved.
Speaker 2: With other people.
Speaker 4: So you're gonna be in these environments where you really have to set yourself aside so that you can integrate with other groups of people and be helpful to them and be like kind of pull your weight on the team. And those are all like motivating factors. They did, these things outside of yourself that can get you where you want to be instead of like getting fucked up all the time. Yeah, that's good, So you gotta get So it's a good direction that you're heading in.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you something?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Do you think that like honesty is the best policy? And then what I mean by that is like, do you think that I should like open up to my friends and tell them like about the stuff that I'm going through? Or do you think that I should like play my cards and hold it off and like not really tell people about it.
Speaker 2: When you say the stuff you're going through, do you mean the drugs?
Speaker 3: Well, like, yeah, because I feel like some people probably I wonder why I act weird and that's probably part of it when I'm on drugs. And then like on top of that, like I feel like people don't really understand why, Like I was kind of going to do that position, and I feel like telling people, like like it's strange that I could tell you all this stuff, but I can't tell someone who I'm close with all this stuff, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 4: I'm still coming back to why you feel like because you asked is honestly the best policy? And that's kind of a blanket that's kind of a blanket statement. But is that what in these in this particular. Let's assume you have a relationship in mind that you're asking this about. What is it about that particular RelA What is it about that particular relationship that you're apprehensive about sharing stuff?
Speaker 3: Well, I just I think I'm just scared of the rejection, you know what I mean, Like, what if I tell someone like about who I am and like what I do and all of these things, and then they get upset about it and they don't, like, you know, they have their own purposes about these kinds of things, and I think they're, like, they're just gonna want to place me away.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: This is actually, this topic is something I actually struggle with in my life a lot. And I'm I'm a pretty open book about a lot of things. I'm like I tell my friends and my family like everything I've definitely shared.
Speaker 2: I've definitely overextended myself.
Speaker 4: And shared things and like been as much of an open book as like I reasonably can. There's definitely things that I still like keep to the chest, even among like friends and family and what not. But it's a question, it's kind of a question, is honestly the best policy. It's it's really a question of like how do you want to be right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Like, how do you want to do you? And it's hard because it's a it's a hard choice. I think about this all the time. Man, it's a hard choice. Do you want to feel lighter and like you don't have anything to hide and like you're.
Speaker 2: Comfortable sharing.
Speaker 4: With people and that you're okay with who you are, You're okay with expressing.
Speaker 2: Who you are.
Speaker 4: You're like, you're really comfortable and okay with your truth and accepting the whatever the consequences of that is. And I don't and is honestly the best policy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't believe that there is a best policy that's up to you. Some days, some days I feel like it's an empowering thing to be the most yourself as possible, and in other days I'm like, no, I think that's dumb and you should, uh, you know, be strategic and intentional about it. But it's it's whatever philosophy you want to add here to, and it's a very internal thing.
Speaker 2: It's really not a thing to do based on like.
Speaker 4: How other people will perceive you. It's like what kind of relationships do you want to have? Do you feel like it? Do you and your gut feel like this will be a benefit to my life, this will deepen my relationships, I'll feel better? Or are you like, let's keep that on the wraps, Let's swallow that up into my own black hole. Let's not tell anyone about that, and let's just assume.
Speaker 1: Let's just.
Speaker 4: Dive deep into a different facet of my identity that has nothing to do with that darker stuff.
Speaker 2: And enjoy living in that.
Speaker 4: And let me tell you something, my friend, that's not a bad that's not a bad way to be at all.
Speaker 2: But it's up to you.
Speaker 4: It's a very like kind of personal and philosophical choice of how you want to live.
Speaker 2: I'm not against that.
Speaker 4: I'm not if you want to go like, if you want to mentally be like, I'm gonna flip a switch and I'm gonna again explore this other facade of myself that I'm more proud of. And I'm gonna keep the darkness to myself and process it alone and not let it interfere with my life. Perfect legitimate. But if you wanna in the load of your darkness to other people and try to thrive in whatever sense you can as as that that's okay too. I don't have a good I don't have a correct answer because my my my personal feeling changes day to day.
Speaker 3: Yeah hmm, well yeah, I mean I guess I just gotta you know, to get day by day and like kind of kind of make the choice of, like, you know, what I do want to tell people, what I don't want to tell people, because I think, like, especially when I went to therapy, I do like PPT therapy, and like what my therapist saw me was that like there's a good like puniance square that you can do based on like with the rewards, this is the consequences of situation you're going to be and what decision you're going to make interesting, And I think that that's like probably gonna be prett helpful in that kind of case, because like, there are friends that I definitely want to be closer to because I think there's the things that I admired about them that I also want to like have my own life. But I don't see and I wonder if, like, you know, I don't want to tell people too much and then like have them worried. I mean obviously, right, that's like obviously not a necessarily good thing to have, and you know, I am getting to a better place for everything, So it's just kind of like maybe I just can get to let time pass and just be myself and just kind of like see how things go. It is one of those things where it's kind of a hard decision, Like I understand, like I kind of did a lot of stuff that I'm not really super proud of, but at the same time, it's like, you know, I mean, you're going to do yourself at the end of your day, and like being your most authentic self is the most important thing, right So.
Speaker 4: Due wouldn't it be crazy if I just started, like if I just changed my voice into Joe Biden right now.
Speaker 2: And I was like it was Vinny the whole time, you bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: Uh uh what what? What's the dream role? What do we do?
Speaker 4: Are you Seymour from Little Shop? You seem too cool to be Seymour? Oh what, you're the fucking dentist, dude, I see that You're gonna You're gonna be the fuck I totally see you being the dentist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, I just learned taps. So my friend was to me, I can play squiight weeks from SpongeBob.
Speaker 4: Dude, I've been this. I've been wanting to see the SpongeBob musical for a while. I don't know where to see it. Where is it playing? Do I have to fly to Minnesota or something?
Speaker 3: No, bro, I usually use like uh they call them uh slime tutorials on YouTube. You can find almost anything on YouTube. Yeah, any show you want to watch, they're all on YouTube. YouTube has a pretty good program right now, probably like and they're all still up and stuff like that. I have to say up for a long time because's a lot of shit shows on there.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favor Do you have a favorite musical?
Speaker 3: I was kind of going through like a Godspell phase. I really like some of the scenes of Godsa Like they just have good it's a good vibe. I think it's like the way that they tell all these different stories to different vendetta it's pretty good. But also like Into the Woods is the Great News, So I really like Into the Woods.
Speaker 2: Ellis.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer.
Speaker 6: Before we go, No, sweet, I appreciate you out, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Of course, man, good luck and uh I'll see you. I'll see you on the big stage one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Keep doing great work, bro, Thank you all.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you. Man, have a good one.
Speaker 6: But that was cool.
Speaker 4: I was not expecting him to say musical theater, interesting, gentlemen. I hope he has a successful ARC.
Speaker 2: I believe in him.
Speaker 5: Hey is this while?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: How's it going? Man?
Speaker 5: It's going. I've been calling you for a while.
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 1: Player?
Speaker 5: H Oh, we're gonna go Gary Man.
Speaker 2: Gary, Gary, Gary, Gary. You got a good vibe. Gary. I like you already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Man, I like you too. I've been watching your podcast at work almost like every day for the last three months. It's been great. I really enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, man.
Speaker 1: What's sorry? What's that well?
Speaker 5: Oh, we're going camping right now.
Speaker 1: We're in the car, so it's a little bumpy.
Speaker 2: Oh it's all right. I can actually hear you very well.
Speaker 5: Oh that's great.
Speaker 4: You texted me and you said I'd like to talk about my dad's annoying girlfriends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, was actually okay.
Speaker 1: So I was living with my dad for a while. We just got a place not too long ago because of her. But my brother's been going through it because he moved back in with my dad and she is just bullying them a whole lot.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's in bullying her him a lot lately. And uh, it sucks because I care about my brother a lot.
Speaker 5: And they did the same thing to me.
Speaker 1: Months before that. So my girlfriend right now, Oh the cows. My girlfriend's she's going through it for a long time with her as well. And they actually got into a fight and one day and she pushed her and she did like one of those things where it's like, oh, I'm going to act like I got pushed really hard, but it really wasn't hard. And she fell on a cushion, and she acted like it hurt. But she fell on a cushion, right, It's a cushion. It can't hurt that much. Anyways, she was like, you assaulted me. I'm going to call the police. And I was like, well, we're not going to do that. We're just going to leave, right. So after that happened, I was like homeless with her for about two weeks, and I was traveling for work for a while during this time, so I would travel and then come back on the weekends and we would just figure out a place to live, and she would come and travel with me. Anyways, so we found our own place, and so now I'm getting to the part where Okay, so we got our own place, so she can't bully us anymore. So then what does she do. She goes to my brother his girlfriend and starts pulling her. But she has a thing where it's like she just targets women. It's weird. She wouldn't be like really mean to us or I'm not us but me and my brother, but she would be mean to the women.
Speaker 4: What exactly, what exactly did her and your girlfriend get into a fight about.
Speaker 5: Okay, this was kind of funny. It's kind of off topic.
Speaker 1: But I was doing community service, right and I had stuff in my car and I had to take some people with me. So then I asked somebody from who I was doing the community service with. I was like, oh, can I put my stuff in your car and so you guys can rub me? Because he didn't have a license, I was like, I'm not going to get in a car somebody that doesn't have a license. I don't need that extra stuff. So I put my stuff in his car. And then when we finished our community service, I kind of forgot it. And after that, dude, I went back home. And then halfway when I was going back home, I was like, oh my god, I love my girlfriend. It was my girlfriend stuff. It wasn't just my it was my girlfriend stuff. And I was like, oh man. So then afterwards I went over to my parents and I was like, can you guys help me find this guy? Can we like track him down? And so we're we're like, I'm basically freaking out. They're trying to come up with an idea, and then we bring her down because it's her stuff, and she was already pissed off because I told her about before I told them, and we were trying to help her out, and she just started saying a whole bunch of stuff that was like not on topic about the deal that we were having beforehand, and then that kind of sparked everything else where. They were like calling each other names and this and that, and you know, I don't want to get too vulgar with it, but yeah, it was a fight.
Speaker 4: Okay, how does your dad How long has your dad and this lady been together?
Speaker 1: I would say about a year now. This is kind of so to kind of backtrack, my mom passed away back in twenty twenty one, and yeah, you know, it sucks, you know, but we're still here. You know, we're still surviving. We're in this world. I miss her every day, you know, but you know, we're here, so it's fun. Other than that, then he was just going through a dark part in his life, and you know, he found her and then they started getting together and everything, and that's kind of how they kind of, I guess, became together, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like your dad really likes her? Is he like in love with her? You think?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I think I think he does. And that's troubling too, because my grandparents don't even like like her a whole lot. Apparently my grandparents my grandma and specifically she used to work with her. So that's kind of how my dad and her also, I guess maybe knew each other as well. And I also knew that my mom hated her. She despises her, and she he says, oh, but I loved your mom and this and that, and it's like.
Speaker 5: My mom hated you. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Like it doesn't make any sense, it really doesn't.
Speaker 4: So this lady is just kind of like picking fights with your well not because she only picks fights with the women, So she is picking fights with your girlfriend, and now she's picking fights with your brother's girlfriend. But you're out of there. You're not living with your dad anymore. You're running around on your own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I'm I'm doing real good for myself now.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: I got I got out of there. I'm twenty three currently. Man, gotta be twenty four.
Speaker 2: Cool man?
Speaker 4: And what's and then what's your brother's deal? You're worried about your brother because he's still back there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he can't get out because he just works at a movie theater, man, which is a cool job. I mean I get free movies all the time, which is great, but it just doesn't make him any money. And his girlfriend never gets any job, so she can't move about. I only live in a studio, so it's not like I can take them under the wing or anything either.
Speaker 5: So they're just stuck in a pickle.
Speaker 1: Man. And I'm like, I'm there for him and everybody, everybody else I have to be there for. But you know, I have think that I'm going through as well, and.
Speaker 2: I've what's happening in your life?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: I was sorry but what's going on in your life?
Speaker 1: Well, on a different note, I guess, uh something else I wanted to kind of talk to you about. Are a kid passed away back in September, geez man last year. That's been something that's weighed me down a whole lot. And you know, he he had a It's something that I think people could learn from too. He had a basically limb body wall disease. And it's a point three, yes, zero point three percentile of this ever happening to any new newborn child or anything. And it's a it's a really rare thing. It happens to very little kids obviously, But while he was in development, he just didn't grow the right way and it really it really affected his growth. And we went to many doctors and everything to figure out what was going on. And the crazy thing is, I don't know. I shouldn't really I can disclose my state that I'm in, But in Kansas, the abortion is somewhat legal, I would say, But man, I didn't bring cash, but.
Speaker 5: They told us.
Speaker 1: To go to Colorado to get an abortion. Well that's two thousand dollars. I couldn't believe that. How does an abortion cost two thousand dollars, but we didn't really want to do that anyway, so then we kept it full term. We kept him his name was Declin, and we kept him full term. I got to hold him for almost two hours before he passed away.
Speaker 2: Man, damn and shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we figured out afterwards that it didn't have to do anything with genetical It was just it was just bad luck, man, Like it just happens to very few people. And you know, I think it's it was kind of a learning curb. I guess for us as a couple as well, Like we learned a lot from each other and during that time, and it was it's just it's just something to learn from. Man.
Speaker 5: That's what life is.
Speaker 1: Is all about experiences, and you know what to do after things like that happen.
Speaker 2: You know, bro, how long ago? How long ago did this happen?
Speaker 1: Well, it was back in September, so I would say, I think that was. Oh I haven't right on my I just got a tattoo of his name in the day. So it's September of twenty five, so those last year.
Speaker 4: Almost Damn dude, man, I gotta tell you, man, for a guy who's had a lot of fucked up shit happened to him. You sound like you are maintaining quite jovial spirits and respect it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure, man, Like that's how I like to take life. And you know, I do things with my girlfriend all the time. I have very few friends. I used to have a lot of friends, but nowadays I just have a few good friends. And I feel like that's all you need is a few good friends in life, and you know, family, as much family as you can get. I mean, what, right, here's fine?
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What are you? What are you and your girlfriend doing right now?
Speaker 1: We're trying to figure out a place to the park currently for our little camp site.
Speaker 2: Oh oh right, yes, you're going camping. I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, we just we just arrived over here.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: So I mean, how did your how did your fucking how did your girlfriend take it? Because I mean for her, it's like that's a I mean, that's it's a totally different thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, I mean, you know, postpartum and everything. I mean that's a whole different thing for sure, and the depression and everything. But we've been holding up pretty okay, I think, don't you think you've been doing pretty decent lately. Lyle's asking See says no, how does she is?
Speaker 4: How does she feel about you talking about this? By the way, because I talked to her about it, but it's a very deeply personal thing. You know, I don't know what her you know, how she feels about it?
Speaker 1: How do you feel about her baby pass?
Speaker 3: In a way?
Speaker 7: It's unfair, it's stupid. Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: She?
Speaker 4: I mean, if she wants, if she wants to talk on the if you want to give her the fun, she can talk if she wants.
Speaker 7: It's unfair. It's stupid. It makes me hate people a lot more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what's your what's your name? What's your name?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I can if you want to handle the fucking talk to her.
Speaker 7: Oh you're on speaker, You're okay, okay?
Speaker 4: Al said, wait, sorry, can you take me off of the speaker and handle the phone. It's kind of hard to hear if we do the speakerphone thing. Sorry, Uh, no, worries. What's what's your name?
Speaker 7: Alison?
Speaker 2: Alison?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: How's how how you doing? Alison?
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm holding on, I'm vibing.
Speaker 4: I guess how is it sounds like Gary has uh quite good spirits just in general.
Speaker 2: He seems like a well spirited man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he is. We try to keep positive about everything, especially what's happened in the last year, because we can't really do anything about it, so we don't really want to just be sad all the time, so we try to keep our heads to end our best.
Speaker 2: How'd to go with So you're the one that got into the fight with his dad's girlfriend.
Speaker 7: Yeah, fuck that bitch. I'm sorry. I don't know if I can cuss. I gone. No, that bitch is so annoying. When he got his like travel job, he was like gone all the time, and it was just when our kid passed, so I was like going through postpartum and like grieving and everything. And whenever he would leave this whenever he was at home, everything was fine, but whenever he'd leave, like she would literally attack me and give me so much attitude for no reason. I'd literally wake up some days and go downstairs and get something to eat or drink and she would just yell at me for no reason. And he literally had to start paying his dad like money for rent so she would leave us alone. Case got about Yeah, because when we moved back to his dad's. He wanted Gary to save the most money he can and everything, but she just would not stop bothering me. So we made a deal like, hey, like if we pay you this money, she has to leave me alone because I don't do anything to her. I don't know why she's all up my ass all the time, like tm I. But she would literally ask him how my personal hygiene was. She'd always keep truck on when I had my periods and everything. Anytime I'd go into the bathroom to change, like my tampon, she would like go in the bathroom afterwards and check it out like whoa.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait wait wait right she would she would she would look at your tampon.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she would track every time I would change my tampon. She would always ask Gary, like about my personal hygiene or something like she wanted to be with me, Like she's always up my ass, like she did that weirdo shit. And so when he like lost my stuff in that guy's car. He just met him that day, and it had like our babies, Like when we had our baby, we all had matching blankets. In my matching blanket was in that man's car. And I got pissed the fuck off, and he told me like, let's go downstairs to talk to my dad. I was like, okay, cool, I don't want to talk to you know, her about it because I have no reason to talk to her about it. And when we get downstairs, she I was trying to talk to his dad and everything, and I was pissed off obviously, like we don't know this guy, like he could be a perr, like all my girl stuff is in there, he could just say fuck it and sell it, like there's always these what ifs, like you never know, and we don't have a way to get in contact with this guy or anything, and he would. She just kept on talking to me, and I just kept on telling her, like getting louder every single time, like I don't want to talk to you, like I was promised to talk to his dad, not you. And she's like, well, we're a couple, so we're together, Like I'm a part of it no matter what. And I was like, he says on person like blah blah blah blah. And she was telling me I can always get new stuff. Girl stuff is expensive. First of one, who's gonna be paying for that? Who got money to make me a new wardrobe, Like here's stuff, shower stuff, like that's a lot of money. And my baby's blanket, I can never get that back. Like I cuddled with him in that, like I slept with him in that because we got to keep him in the hospital for a few days till we left. And she's just over here talking about, oh, it's you can get new stuff. It's fine, it's fine. And I was like, I don't know how you treat your stuff, but I don't treat mine like garbage, like I don't care about it like I care about my stuff. Like treat your stuff however you want it, forget it.
Speaker 1: Fuck it, whatever.
Speaker 7: But that's not how I am. And she got pissy at me, and she like stepped all the way like to across the living room, and then we were like yelling and screaming at each other. And then she stepped to me, like she stomped and got into my face and she was yelling at me, and I was like up against a couch, so I pushed her off of me, and then she like got up and tried to fight me, and her dad had well, his dad had to hold her back, and she kept on, claiming she had so many marks on her and she's gonna call the police on me and all of this.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad, Okay.
Speaker 7: Did have to do me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You guys were just staying in Wiland.
Speaker 2: All right? Well, do you guys have anything you're looking forward to? Talking about the camping trip? Well, I'm sorry, sorry for what.
Speaker 7: Oh I didn't hear you all the way?
Speaker 2: Oh uh? Do you guys have stuff that you're looking forward to?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: To relax kind of just not have any stress or to rely on things or anything. We can just sit back and relax and chill out. How far are you guys?
Speaker 2: How far are you guys?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Gary?
Speaker 4: Do you do you guys have any Do you guys have anything that you're looking forward to?
Speaker 2: Do you have anything you're looking forward to?
Speaker 4: We've got you know what, Gary, I appreciate you giving me a nice little peek into your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, give me a peak into your life.
Speaker 4: You got a lot going on, and yeah, I honestly, what I'm me the most about this call is that you you you simply just maintain a high spirits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, man, you got to, I mean, with everything that happens in life. I've always been able to move forward. That's what you got to do. You know, you can't sit back and relook the past. You got to keep moving.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: If you don't, then you're just going to stay in a stagnant place. And you know, I wouldn't be where I am today if I just stayed in that stagnant place, stayed in my ways.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: So what's the future. So what's the future looking like for you guys? What's on the horizon.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm looking forward to I started a new business with my best friend and it's a landscaping company. I'm not going to shout it out or anything, there's no need for that, but I'm looking forward to that, you know, staying staying in my place of where I need to be in the universe, helping out anybody that I can. I mean, that's that's all you can do. I mean, if if I just didn't do anything to support a community of where I'm at right now, I wouldn't I wouldn't feel like I I've had a purpose in life. And I'm I admit I've been very depressed for many months, but I feel like in this point in my life right now, I'm the happiest that I've been in a long time.
Speaker 2: That's great, man, that's really really wonderful to hear. That's cool.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Respect, deep, deep, deep respect to you, my brother.
Speaker 4: I love Uh, I mean shit, dude, I mean that's one of the worst things that can ever happen to a person, and the fact that you are able to continue to still live and thrive through it is very Uh, it's very cool. It's very inspiring, right.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: How I keep a head on my shoulders a lot of time it amazes even me sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how you doing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So dude, some people, what you say.
Speaker 1: Somebody's still in the fireplace that we were gonna have. But what a pap here?
Speaker 2: Oh fun? What was I gonna say? Oh? Uh oh? Some people are just built for life, you know. I mean, life is crazy. Some people are just built to handle it.
Speaker 1: And some people aren't as well. Man. I've seen a lot of people that just stay stuck in their own ways. They never want to change. My dad's kind of that way. He just he's not a person of change. He stayed the same job, the same thing, And I think that's why I live a life where I love change because I've seen my dad go through it for so long. I mean, that's why I've been an electrician, I've been doing maintenance, I've I've always adapted to whatever environment I've been through and whatever state I've been through, whether it's traveling or you know, even being back in my hometown. I mean, I always find a way to thrive, and I think that's important. I don't think you should just stay in your same ways all the time, but not everybody can be like that either.
Speaker 4: Gary Man, is there anything else that you and your and your girl want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: You know what, it was great talking to you. I've been waiting for this moment for a while. Look your content. But I would say, love one another and always strive for better, never strive for worse. And I think that's very important for people to understand. If you stay by yourself, if you don't ever have anything change in your life, you live born life. Man, you need to spice it up every now and then. That's why we're going camping. That's why we try to spice things up, because fuck it, why not?
Speaker 5: You only get one life.
Speaker 2: I'm pro doing things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you went to Iran, man, I would never do it's.
Speaker 2: Iraq, but you know, oh Iraq. But whatever, I'm cool.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: A girl want to say anything.
Speaker 5: You want to say anything.
Speaker 7: No, I'm baby.
Speaker 4: I heard her say no. She seems busy. She seems like she's doing her own thing. But but thank you Gary, good luck and have a have a nice weekend camping man.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I'll come talk to you again in another couple of months maybe.
Speaker 2: No, take care Gary, All right, thanks you too, man.
Speaker 1: See all right bye, man.
Speaker 4: I gotta start. I gotta start fucking getting on the Gary wave of life. Gary seems like Gary just figures out how to let the worst things imaginable right just roll off his shoulders.
Speaker 2: I respect it.
Speaker 4: Be K goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night, never becon, goes to and his ride. He's teaching you about in the middle of your life, but he's not really an expert.