Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, thank you so much for joining us on this par copper episode of Magical rewind and.
Speaker 2: Boy, do we have a good one for you today. Actually, I take that back. Every week we're like this one special, this one's amazing. I hate this guy, so this is not a special episode.
Speaker 1: This is a terrible episode. We were forced to have him on. He's a terrible guy and a terrible actor. Uh that's my intro.
Speaker 3: I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited to have one of my close friends on. I've known him for god almost thirty years. He's a great guy and a good friend. Please help me welcome my partner in crime, not only on Boy Meets World, but also on HG Double Hockey Sticks. Mister Matthew Lawrence?
Speaker 4: Buddy, what's going on? Guys?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Good man? I felt weird. I was like, should I have texted him before we just jump on podcast?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Hell no, let's just jump on.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: We just finished our deep dive rewatch of nineteen ninety nine's little film H Double Hockey Sticks.
Speaker 3: Can you believe that way?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what twenty five years ago we did this movie?
Speaker 3: Dude, so long ago, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I have so many great memories because for me, that was like, that was the first time my family let me out of my own.
Speaker 5: Was it you were on set without your parents there?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this is big. I was. I just turned eighteen.
Speaker 2: Huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And uh and uh well I had I had to have a guardian with me regardless on set.
Speaker 4: And it was in We shot in Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh so it was out of the country, which is another big thing. They were like, well, it's your you could go if you want. I'm like, I'm going alone.
Speaker 3: I'm going. I'm doing it.
Speaker 4: It was great, dude. We had a blast.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I got to learn how to play hockey.
Speaker 2: Well that's one thing I want to Okay, so let's go back to the beginning.
Speaker 3: When did you because no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: This is good because I was trying to remember when did you first hear about h double hockey sticks? Because I think we talked about it on the set, didn't we when they were like, hey, they're offering us this film.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, neither one of you guys auditioned, right, No, no.
Speaker 2: No, it was like, yeah, it was you were definitely a part of it before me though. It was what I think, Oh, really, I think I see I think they I think they kind of did it together. Oh okay, okay, because I was like I was like, if we'll doing it, I'm doing it.
Speaker 4: If Well's not doing it, I'm not doing it. You know.
Speaker 3: I think I said the same thing.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I did the same well because we had been they partnered us up right away, which they brought you onto Boy Meets World to play Rider's brother, but partnered us up right away right away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, within like two episodes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like, oh that's why. Yeah, it didn't matter. It's like it doesn't matter. He's Rider's brother, who cares.
Speaker 2: But then I remember we were both kind of doing the same thing where we were like, did.
Speaker 3: Disney call you about to do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Disney, And it's like, well are you doing it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You doing okay, and so we were just like all right, let's go do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But had we even I don't think we even read the script, did no.
Speaker 5: No, it was like Boys Trip Vancouver kind of yeah, kind.
Speaker 2: Of, Yeah, it was you know, yeah, it was super fun. I mean, dude, I I all. I I remember hearing like the log line where you were playing like this devil character, and I was like, Oh, that's that's gonna be great.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be so much fun.
Speaker 2: And then knowing how well you know it went with you know, the straight guy versus you going for the on boy met squirrel, that was like, oh, this is this is a no brainer, right, I didn't need.
Speaker 4: To read the script forget it.
Speaker 6: Why were you a fan of hockey?
Speaker 5: Did that have any aspect of it that you would be able to Did you know how to skate?
Speaker 6: First?
Speaker 4: No, that was one of those.
Speaker 6: That you were like, I've skated once?
Speaker 2: Was it that? Oh yeah, yeah, no problem, totally huge into hockey and skating.
Speaker 4: No. I couldn't stand on the ice, that's about it.
Speaker 6: Okay, wow Yeah, threw like, oh.
Speaker 4: My gosh, weeks. Wasn't it three or four weeks?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wow? Intense. I mean it was every day.
Speaker 2: I would wake up, you know, like five or six in the morning, and I would go over to this.
Speaker 4: Like I think it was Pickwicks.
Speaker 2: It was it was Pickwicks because I had to go. I trained for like two days. Yeah. I like you had to like come out on the ice and that was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I trained for like two days and you were there sweating every day for weeks.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Although you know what's a valuable lesson that I did learn during that is the importance of failure when it comes to trying to acomplish things that are way out of your comfort zone. Are big things that you think you're not gonna be able to accomplish. Failure is the way you that's this, that's the ladder. Those are the wrong ladder that you take to succeeding. And he taught me that because I was having real, real trouble finding an edge on the ice skate and uh, he was like, you know what the problem is.
Speaker 4: You're afraid. You're afraid to fall.
Speaker 2: And I was like, you're not supposed to fall, that's the whole one to stay up.
Speaker 4: He's like, no, you are afraid. You got to start falling.
Speaker 2: So you put these weighted like cones on my arms. Every time I would go out and I would either fall one way or the other. But I'll tell you what, after a day or two of doing that, man, I had an edge. I found I was able to start to do crossover and that just started That opened up the entire door to being able to ice skate and then again amazing they put me on the ice with the Canucks and like there was like this one player. Again, I'm not a huge I respect the heck out of the game. It is really tough to stay up and do all the stuff they're doing.
Speaker 4: It it's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 6: But remember in their names is tough.
Speaker 5: Those names are not easy. Last name either Smith, It's not no, No.
Speaker 4: It was a very French Quebec type Canadian name. I don't know, but he was great.
Speaker 2: Everybody was like you got to be on the ice with this guy, and I was like, yeah, it's super cool.
Speaker 4: Things about acting that.
Speaker 3: No, but I remember.
Speaker 1: So they Pickwick by the way, still open in Burbank, it still goes stay there, yep, still there, And I remember going. So they're like, hey, Matt has been training for like three weeks a month to do this.
Speaker 3: You've got to go and just make sure you can stand on skates. So I'm like, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I stood in my little corner and I was going. But I remember the guy who was training you was was an older, an older dude, and he said to you in front of me, He's like, oh, if if he'd get if he gives me like another six months he could be like a legitimate actual hockey player, like saying that about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was super cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we bonded. You know, it was like that coach, that mentor type of place. He was so cool with it, and he just he.
Speaker 2: Helped me so much because there's just a way that like you wear the hockey gloves, and the way that you carry the stick when you're just kind of not if like there's a time out called the way the guys kind of float around the ice, just.
Speaker 4: The kind of saunter that they use when they're walking to the ice. Like he was such a great vat that to pull from to as to learn to be a hockey player.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, he was super cool man. I you know, I've always loved that. I love, you know, the athletics stuff. I really do, and I was always I always wanted to be Maybe I always wanted to be in the NBA, but I was just not tall enough. Excuse they're having players that have been under five nine before. But I don't know, I just kind of so I really athletics. I love it so very competitive. So when I chance to learn something like that, like I take it very seriously and maybe that's what he was mentioned.
Speaker 3: He must have.
Speaker 1: But do you remember The other thing I remember is that he wasn't just training you at the time. You were training then with like his nephew or somebody who was like seventeen and.
Speaker 3: Was a prodigy.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, this this kid was American app Yeah, yeah he was. I actually stayed in touch with him, funny enough, because I wanted to see where his career was gonna go. Yeah cool, and he was kind of like groundbreaking in many ways. And he he I think he got injured.
Speaker 3: Bro, No, oh yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: I don't think it actually, But talk about raising the stakes, like now you're next to this.
Speaker 3: Like it was just the two of them too. It wasn't like you it's not.
Speaker 5: Like hey, I could just take this at my own pace. Hey I'm gonna do it in front of an almost professional Yeah.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 3: It was like, yeah, hey, it's you're one of it.
Speaker 2: Here's a basketball you've never played before, and then you're you're training with Michael Jordan.
Speaker 4: It was like yeah, yeah, yeah, it's wilds wild.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So we get up to Vancouver. Yeah, do you remember any of the kind of shooting. So there's certainly rewatching the movie. I don't know if you've seen it recently, Yeah, we were.
Speaker 1: I mean i've seen it me either, you know, but there are things that came back to me as I was watching.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, Oh that's right, Like did you end up dating the girl that played? Yeah? No, no, what I can't remember what happened?
Speaker 6: I couldn't remember.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you set the record straight here, please do please? Do you know we were both you and on this set, and I think you know, I was very strict about as you know, even with being on the set, like and I genuinely really did have a thing for Danielle.
Speaker 4: But when we were working, as you noticed.
Speaker 2: Oh we didn't even we didn't know that you guys were dating until like twenty years later.
Speaker 4: And the thing is what and the thing was is that we didn't I was even like.
Speaker 2: Look, while we're on set together, you know, until that ends. I don't even want to get real serious, Like it was just like literally friends, sure until that, you know, we can hang out and watch movies, but let's not go anywhere until after, because I don't One thing I don't want to do is mess up the unit, the family group smart and that's how.
Speaker 4: You do it, and you know you don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, terrible expression, and I'm not going to say it related to that.
Speaker 4: You don't want to rock you don't want.
Speaker 3: To rock the boat.
Speaker 4: There you go, exactly what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I was still in that mind frame where I was like and I also had a thing for Danielle's still, so I was like, I was trying to be kind of political with like not just like stay away from me. I was maybe I didn't know how to handle it that way, but I definitely was like, this is not this can't be anything, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Okay, So I couldn't remember if you got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was totally like, you know, let's be young and fun, but I was like, no, no, I got you know, I got work and I've got people I care about.
Speaker 3: Nice. I didn't have that philosophy because I remember, do you.
Speaker 2: Remember, well the story I don't think I've ever told before, And I'm not sure you're going to remember this. Do you remember when you almost got me killed? What you almost inadvertently got me dead?
Speaker 4: You don't remember this now?
Speaker 2: Did? All? Right?
Speaker 3: So what the heck?
Speaker 2: So you and I were obviously hanging out the whole time we were shooting the movie, and you know that I are. I started seeing the girl who was the hockey the the the figure skater, Kila, right, Okay, I remember Kila and I ended.
Speaker 3: Up dating for like two years.
Speaker 2: And Kila beforehand, before she was dating me, was dating a hockey player who was a Canuck and he was huge. She's no that guy that they're called inforcers because they're put on the ice to fight.
Speaker 4: I remember, now, you know it's funny.
Speaker 3: I remember now.
Speaker 4: I think that's the way you described it to me. Then they're put on the ice to the fight.
Speaker 1: So we're walking on the street in Vancouver one day, you and I and we see the girl who plays the the played your love interest in the movie walking up with this huge man and we're like, She's.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, what are you guys doing. We're like, oh, we're hanging.
Speaker 2: Out and You're like, joker be like he's in love. He just fell in love. And they have been hanging out all the time. And the guy she's standing with was Kila's ex boyfriend, enforcer who's turning bright red.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh, I think that's the dude. Oh I think that's the guy, and I.
Speaker 2: Sitting Hey, he just stole her from some dingis and it was just like, oh god, and so we walked away and.
Speaker 4: It was so bad.
Speaker 2: I saw the next day she came up to as the actress came up to us and was like.
Speaker 3: What the hell were you thinking? We're both like what what are you talking about? Like, that's her ex.
Speaker 2: Boy was like, that's the guy who kills people.
Speaker 3: You and I were like you're like you looked at me. You're like I almost got you killed? Like, yes, you almost got Oh god, it was so funny. Oh god, it was so funny.
Speaker 2: But oh man, when you when we got to the set and we were shooting, do you remember a lot of the script meetings we were having at the time, because I remember you and I didn't like how it ended.
Speaker 4: Mm, yeah, that's right. I do remember this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were they kept it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: No, The thing I remember was, if I'm not wrong, they were writing the script every day we were shooting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you guys had like dailies that were coming in with like fully like seeing changes, like creates.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing.
Speaker 1: But the thing that I remember the most that threw me was not that they were just rewriting the scenes we had during the day, but they were then rewriting the rest of the script, and we weren't going home and reading the entire script every night.
Speaker 3: We were reading what we had to shoot the next day because they're changing it.
Speaker 2: So it's like we've got six pages to shoot tomorrow or nine pages to shoot tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We got to know these lines because they keep switching it up.
Speaker 2: What we did not know, and maybe that's on us because we should have been reading the script every night, was that they'd also completely changed the third act, right, Yeah, I remember that, So, yeah, you and I then read we at one point we're going to shoot. We're like, what the like originally Griffulkin wasn't going to get on the ice because that didn't make any sense, and we're like, what the hell is going on with this? And they were like, you know, we changed this like two weeks ago, and we're like, you're changing it every day.
Speaker 3: We can't, you know, we can't.
Speaker 1: Keep up, and so we had kind of a we went we went back and forth with the producers for a little while, who were like, guys, this is this is the ending now and we were like, all right, I guess I get on the ice now in a mask for some reason.
Speaker 3: But I remember, Yeah, don't you remember having a problem with that?
Speaker 4: Yes, for sure, I remember seeing all. You know how every time they do a script change, it's a different color.
Speaker 6: Yes, I remembering your rainbow like.
Speaker 3: Keep this straight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're like going into like periwinkle purple.
Speaker 3: Dude, They're not even a rainbow color anymore. It's like, what the he this is?
Speaker 1: Like, what the hell color is that? I still I don't know where it is around me, but I still have the final.
Speaker 2: Draft script of all the colors and our notes and kind of all the stuff going on.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: All right, but you know what, I feel bad.
Speaker 2: We should We should have gone back and really introduced you to our audience.
Speaker 3: Tell us a little bit about how you became an actor. Let's do that.
Speaker 4: How I became an actor? Well, Uh, I have an older brother who Reginald, Reginald Reginald Reginald Lawrence.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: He was he was, he was evacuated with it and he uh always wanted to be inside the TV. And then we were in the mall, the will Grove mall, and it was my mom and Joe and I. This was before our youngest Andy was born, and there was like a contest, a photography contest, and I didn't want to do it, but Joe really wanted to enter it, so he entered it and he won, and the winnings of that was a meeting with an agent in Manhattan.
Speaker 4: So I we always kind of were like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, my mom didn't want to split us up and couldn't didn't want to do daycare and all this kind of stuff. My dad was working, so I just went with Joe where he went. So I went to the meeting as well, and uh, and then Joe started booking commercials, and then as he got too old, they started really putting pressure on me to fill those younger commercial slots.
Speaker 4: I kind of it was weird. I kind of had like an aversion to it. At first, I was more.
Speaker 2: Introverted than he was, the middle child, thinking, you know, the second born at least and at that point, and but then I did.
Speaker 4: A couple and uh, and.
Speaker 2: Then I and then I did a sitcom with Joe called give Me a Break, and that was a blood I had a That's when I like caught the fever for it.
Speaker 3: I guess then, and you're here, how old are you by this point?
Speaker 4: It was like four. Fuck, Wow, it's weird. Let me tell you it's weird.
Speaker 2: I mean thinking now, you know, as you get older, maybe you have kids.
Speaker 4: And my older brothers got two kids.
Speaker 2: Like it's wild to think that we were already almost veterans by their age at you know, fifteen and eighteen. You know, it's like, wow, it's crazing almost veterans. You were full on veterans by fifteen and eighteen. I was because because when I remember when we first met and we were talking, you getting to know each other, You're like, oh, when did you get into the business?
Speaker 3: I was like, I got in young. I was ten, and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, eh, because I was like ten, Like I had been working for seven and a half years by the time I was ten years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you I mean you essentially grew up in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, absolutely. And it's it's I got really really blessed with.
Speaker 2: A family unit that is very like we're even though we're Hollywood and we've been doing it for so long, we're almost anti Hollywood, Like we don't we're on the outside of the bubble. We've never been on the inside of the bubble. You know. It was always something that we did most of the most. We still grew up most the time in a rural town in Pennsylvania, so we had this like this bubble around us where I didn't even kind of know, you know, I think it was actually, you know what, it was a huge.
Speaker 4: Surprise to me.
Speaker 2: Let me put it that way when we did the Macy's Day Parade the first season of the sitcom that we had Brotherly Love, and we did the Macy's Day Parade, and I, you know, we were in this bubble.
Speaker 3: I had no.
Speaker 2: Clue literally to how popular, and you know, and even going through like Missus Dalifie and everything, like, I understood the popularity of it, but I never really it never hit me personally.
Speaker 4: I was young.
Speaker 2: It was twelve, but fifteen, I guess, we're we're doing this Macy's Day parade. And the way they do it is they line up all the have you guys ever done the the They line you up basically, and then they line up all the marching bands and all and the floats go through them out into the.
Speaker 4: Public and then you go down, you know, do this thing and We're getting up there and it's cold, you know, and like, all right, you know this is cooling, may stay paride. You gotta do this little scene numbers. So we're like practicing the scene number and then they wheel or float out and all the marching bands start. It just it It sounds like a rock concert.
Speaker 7: And I'm like what, and Joe hits me, he goes, no, no.
Speaker 4: That's that's for us, guys. And I was like what.
Speaker 8: And then we pull into the thing and the streets and I was like, okay, so there was I kind of realized that then there was this just profound thing that had happened to us that was and it's always been like that.
Speaker 2: It's just it's kind of been this thing that's happened. It's never really so even though I grew up in it, man, I guess the lost story.
Speaker 5: Did you have kind of like when you say bubble, Was it basically like you guys would go and work and do your thing, and then when you guys would go back to Pennsylvania and you guys would.
Speaker 6: Just kind of keep moving along like normal kids.
Speaker 5: Or were you guys homeschooling or were you still going to regular school? Was it just so it was just like regular life. And then when you'd work, you'd get go, you'd go, but then you just come right back. And it wasn't like you were then taking on like the like living in New York or LA or whatever. You just always just came back. So it was like you had two lives. You worked and then you had a regular life.
Speaker 4: Literally was two lives. Yeah, and there were times.
Speaker 2: I I wanted to go to.
Speaker 4: Seventh grade, so I just took the whole year off.
Speaker 2: And then wow, then there were times I wanted to go to And this was so great about everybody on board Me's world.
Speaker 4: Man, how cool.
Speaker 2: The production team they understood the importance of education and what we were trying to do, so they rearranged the entire schedules for us and allowed us to go.
Speaker 4: Like I was able to go to USC, Rider was able to do his thing. We were able to do that. That was at that point.
Speaker 2: We were actually kind of like that was like the beginning of that, Like most shows were not treating kids like that one no, no.
Speaker 6: No, kids were treated like adults. And this is what you're doing this, this is.
Speaker 3: Your job, Chad.
Speaker 2: Now, Michael Jacobs, I mean we talk about it on Boy Me throwing the characters. The education was very important to Michael and to the producers in the show. So yeah, we were kind of allowed to do what we wanted in that stress. But I think that's another reason why A you fit in so well on the cast, but also be why you let us into your bubble, is because we all kind of had the same upbringing.
Speaker 3: We were all from close, tight knit families.
Speaker 2: We all chose to be actors as opposed to our parents dragging us somewhere and being like you're going to be in the industry. It was like, even though you started at four and Joe started at three or four, Joe wanted to do it, oh yeah, and you wanted to do it at the beginning, and I wanted to do it, and Ryder wanted to do it. Was all we didn't have the momagers and the stage manager people around it. Like.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like that for us.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's actually crazy thinking about it. I think it's all You're right. It's what lended to us being able to get so close to us Like, you're right, there wasn't one parent that was a problem.
Speaker 5: Nope, really rare, dude, y.
Speaker 4: Was on set ever really causing a problem.
Speaker 1: Ever, I don't want no, well no, it's also at the time this has since changed obviously because life is what life is. But at the time there were eleven cast members on the show and not one divorce.
Speaker 3: Wow, which is so like where you go.
Speaker 2: Also, I mean so rare that it was that it was, you know, strange, but we did. I think we found kindred spirits in each other to where it that it just worked when you came on, and then of course they paired us up and it was like and that was also you know, you're you're the middle brother, but you're one of three brothers. I was one of three brothers. I mean, we had a lot in common when they when they we both loved music, we both loved TV, we both loved entertainment.
Speaker 3: We would just be talking about that kind of stuff all the time.
Speaker 2: And they were like, oh, and then when they really found kind of the almost odd couple, kind of a synergy between the two of us where it's like, oh, straight man and crazy guy put them together, works perfectly. Then by by season seven, it was just like just let them go and do their thing. You know, It's like there was the one Boy Meets World in there.
Speaker 1: And I was telling Sabrina before because one of the things where she said, oh, did you guys audition for this or anything? I said no, because there was rumors that you and I were gonna spin off and do another show after Boy.
Speaker 6: That would have been great.
Speaker 3: But TGF, like all of TGF went away.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And then I don't know if you remember this well, but then.
Speaker 4: Disney then this this is what I heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and from my representation, not like just through the sure Disney would actively at least do a pilot with us, but they wanted to break away, yes, from that movement.
Speaker 3: And Michael, Oh, is that what it was? Okay?
Speaker 2: Of course Michael was like, what do you mean. I created these characters, I created this. I'm not just going to hand this off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Else, And that started kind of for the end of that last season. That's why it was like it.
Speaker 2: Didn't not it didn't end in any way sort of like bittersweet, but that's why we didn't get to kind of it was like there was a bit of a Disney there was friction, right, and.
Speaker 4: It's a bummer.
Speaker 2: I've I mean, I've had that happen and even with our own show there was friction. The reason why, believe it or not, our brother Loved Sitcom only went two seasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is was weird because it was hugely popular, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: We're huge. We became the anchor of A Night is because we were again there was an acquisition where they were going to move to All one Night and the team that we were with was the same team that had done Blossom with Joe.
Speaker 4: It was like almost Joe's spin off.
Speaker 2: Sure kind of Blossom, and they had they were big. I mean, just Don Rio is this well he was Donrio was the he was the show runner.
Speaker 4: They created it.
Speaker 2: But the actual like two execs were this this company called uh it was Tony Thomas and Paul Witt.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah sure with Thomas's Hugh they did everything.
Speaker 2: It did legendary I mean the legendary spitcoms, and they had like three that were going out. We were one of them and we were doing the best. So their kind of business plan sort of motto, was well, you take your anchor show and you attach your other shows to it.
Speaker 3: It's right.
Speaker 2: The network was like, no, we're only going to take Burlely Love, because we're going to condense this into a three show night.
Speaker 4: That's it. It's going to be actually a drama.
Speaker 2: Now towards the end, that's when they were moving not just totally comedic nights. They wanted to do, well, we'll catch the the early crowd to get them laughing and then you know.
Speaker 3: And then put on Law and Order. Yeah right, yeah right, they were moving.
Speaker 2: To that, and they said no. They were very powerful, and it got into a war, and so we paused for a year and never and that was it.
Speaker 3: Oh isn't that the worst?
Speaker 2: One has nothing to do with you and you have no power and you can't do anything about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we were, I mean we weren't.
Speaker 2: I mean we weren't like you know, I think we were. I'd say top thirty, top twenty. But back in the day that was he was huge, eighteen million viewers and shit, and you know people would killed for that. Now, okay, I have two words for you, ladies. Heather Lucklear, Oh my god, can we talk about her?
Speaker 4: Amazing?
Speaker 3: She's still amazing, She's was she born without a filter.
Speaker 6: I knew she was going to bring it, but I had no idea she.
Speaker 2: Was going to drop this many bombshells.
Speaker 3: Like you think most people think it and don't sate. She just says everything I love that about.
Speaker 2: Her, like who she said was the most annoying actor on the set of Beelrose Plays.
Speaker 3: And then she says sex club and we're like and I was like, that's not what.
Speaker 2: I meant by my innocent question I had for And suddenly we're in a sex club in New York with people from melwowths.
Speaker 6: But oh my.
Speaker 2: God, Prime Time's Queen of Mean is our guest this week.
Speaker 6: I'm still the place. All right, Well, here we go.
Speaker 3: Buckle up, I get ready.
Speaker 6: We told you Mondays were still a bit.
Speaker 5: I was gonna ask you how brotherly love got through it. So it was part of sort of a spin off, like you said, from Joey from Blossom. Yeah, and so then and then you guys just I mean, the fact that they took three.
Speaker 6: Brothers was just like so awesome.
Speaker 5: It was like your guys's chemistry obviously was just so dynamic and it just shot off the screen and it was so easy to just kick back and believe everything you guys were going through because you guys.
Speaker 6: Were actually brothers and stuff. How did that How did they add you in? Andy in? Like, how was that created?
Speaker 5: Was that something that your brother, your family kind of wanted or.
Speaker 4: I would say my family. That was definitely a family move.
Speaker 2: You know, we just all wanted to be kind of on the set and be if we were all if we're gonna be doing that intense work, we all wanted to be doing it together.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So and then the networked like the idea both.
Speaker 2: Andy and I had, you know, kept pulling our weight when it comes to our own individual careers and yeah, and so it was kind of works for everybody around, you know, and we had like we had a really great you know, we had the vat of stories because we were in the entertainmentustry. We were always compiling all these things that happened in real life that we thought were pretty relatable. And so that's a lot of that stuff in that show, even though it kind of seems crazy and it's obviously a sitcom and you know, gone, we go for it for the comedy, but a lot of those things were very real.
Speaker 4: I was angsty teenager.
Speaker 2: Andy was always in costume, and Joe was always like trying to play the father figure.
Speaker 4: But failing that was the basis of the entire so brothers.
Speaker 1: Because you just described my three brothers exactly because I'm Andy, Because I'm Andy. Obviously I'm the youngest, My brother Greg is you, and my older brother Gary still is the only person in my life other than my mom who calls me William. We just.
Speaker 6: Literally just talked about.
Speaker 2: This brother Three brothers tend to fall into this dynamic.
Speaker 3: It's so strange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, Now, how did how did your relationship with Disney start?
Speaker 3: With your family?
Speaker 2: Because you I mean, how many? How many dcoms have you guys done?
Speaker 3: Together?
Speaker 2: First of all, we've talked about how we get give him as Flowers all the time. I we we did our top dcoms of all time and Going to the Mat. I thought Andy Andy's performance in Going to the Mat it's still one of the best perform as I've ever seen on the channel.
Speaker 1: It's so good. So how did you find your relationship with Disney? And how many dcoms have you guys done?
Speaker 4: I don't know, that's a good question. How did that? You know?
Speaker 2: I think honestly, I think I think Andy kind of sort of told that line because Andy ac see it's a little bit of a misconception because I was I caught that, we caught the tail end of that, and we were already on the older age a little bit.
Speaker 4: Joe, I don't know how.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's funny because he has this reputation of a Disney thing, but.
Speaker 3: But it's not really. He's not really Disney.
Speaker 4: See he's not really Disney. Yeah, and but Andy, I think he was.
Speaker 2: I think it got down to him one other guy and Zach Effron for high school musical. Oh wow, Oh he would have been great in high school musical.
Speaker 3: And I mean Zach is Zach, but he would have been great.
Speaker 2: Zach is amazing, and you know what worked out for that. But that was the start. Disney then had their eye on shot.
Speaker 4: That really was because.
Speaker 2: You know they I remember this one Disney movie that they did called oh Gosh, Horse Sense, And now it's kind of where it started with Andy. If I'm not mistaken, like that was like a joint thing because I wasn't even.
Speaker 4: A part of that.
Speaker 3: I just didn't gonna say are you not in? You're not in that.
Speaker 4: I did a cameo just to play fun. I was literally like a set one day.
Speaker 2: And they dressed okay, walked through the scenes jumping ship. Right, that was the sequel to that one because it did well. But yeah, but that was Andy kind of getting like a shot and and and then they worked out with Joe and then it worked. So then I kind of came in and I'm honestly, I think I've only done two?
Speaker 3: Have you really?
Speaker 2: I don't think again, Like it's a little bit of a misconception, Andy Toad so much of that weight for us because our show wound up being bought by Disney even though it wasn't really right.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they think that, Yeah, because I remember before you did Boy The first time you and I ever actually met and spoke was a couple of years before Boy Me's World, where we were all at Disney World for some event. You know, Disney used to put on these sick events. They used to fly us all in these amazing jets, and you'd go to these events and I remember getting there and be like, oh, there's Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 2: Why are they going into the nice hotel? And I'm going into the place. And as I remember, you guys would always have like the suite Frontierland or whatever it was called, Well, the Wilderness Lodge. Yeah, they have the top floorid of the Lawrence brothers and they'd be like, and then you and your nine friends are sharing the buck.
Speaker 3: The Hilton in what was that?
Speaker 4: It's so funny you bring this up because this is still talked about in our family to this day. It was the Polynesian Hotel. Okay, it was the King Kame Maggie, sweet kid, you not.
Speaker 2: And it became like this big thing because it was it became like our family vacation and it was grandparents' cousins. We've got those iconic family photos from one of the New Year's there where they Disney just treated so wonderfully on their pet It was like two thousand, actually, I think it was like two thousand, was it. Okay, So we we just we would always stay there, man, it was like that was that was the most important thing.
Speaker 4: We didn't care about getting paid, you didn't care anything to stay at the King. Everything else we would handle.
Speaker 5: It helped that there were three of you, so that muscle power you had, I was like that.
Speaker 6: Gina girls got to do stuff like that too.
Speaker 5: We got to upgrade a little bit because instead of getting three different sweets. We would say, wool room together, but give us this, you know what I mean? So we kind of we it's using the the power of the three like to do that actually was like huge and it made sense for your mom obviously, like two you know, and then the family and I mean, hey, Grandma, Grandma, second cousins.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, the Lawrences are here.
Speaker 2: You're in the King Command Man Street, mister Friedel, You're in three oh eight.
Speaker 3: Down the hall, Like, what the hell? Like, really am I am?
Speaker 2: I actually under the latter slide, yes, seriously.
Speaker 4: Closing in the ice machine.
Speaker 2: Right after that it was I was Michael Scott from the office trying to crash on people's couches.
Speaker 3: Oh god, it was so funny.
Speaker 5: Okay, So we got to get back to the movie because I've got still so many questions.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, what do you got you? Speaking of the two.
Speaker 6: Of you, guys, I'm asking both of you will so again.
Speaker 5: I swear I thought I had watched this movie. As I start watching it, it turns out I didn't. If I had, I didn't remember much of it except for the fact that the two of you were in it. What I absolutely forgot was that Gabriel Union. Gabriel Union was in this movie, right what was going on? And your guys's boy brains realizing she was coming on to the show, because.
Speaker 3: Well, she wasn't big yet, was she.
Speaker 4: I'm about to say yeah.
Speaker 5: Really was like right at that same age where she was doing so much No, okay.
Speaker 2: No, however however, and I was completely like, again, I'm I'm wearing bubbles, I'm not like a holiday.
Speaker 4: But she knew she was going to be.
Speaker 6: She did, Oh yeah, okay, I believe.
Speaker 2: Very clear about that. And in fact, there was this one moment where and again I'm oblivious, I had no idea, she wanted to rehearse and I was like.
Speaker 7: No, I'm good, hold on, hold.
Speaker 4: On behind that all right?
Speaker 2: I was, I don't know at that point in my mind, now I can do whatever, and nothing's gonna face with that point in my mind. I really loved uh memorizing the lines, knowing all the beats, but hated running it because it felt like it took all the freshness out of it.
Speaker 3: We talked and I talked about this.
Speaker 6: We finally got on camera.
Speaker 3: It felt comedy.
Speaker 4: I don't want to kill it. I don't wanna I don't know.
Speaker 2: These are like really comedy. I just want to They're gonna give us multiple takes. Let's just keep it fresh. You know.
Speaker 4: We had I'm gonna we had we had a move and shake like I was. But I was like, no, no, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: And she got angry and and went and reported me the director and uh, the studio. My god, for you did not I didn't know that she wait, so she you got old the only time in my entire career, because usually I'm like the advocate and I'm fighting for kids and like, you know, woman's rights, and this is the only time in my life.
Speaker 4: Well, I was called.
Speaker 2: Into the office for something I did on set. I had no and I had no clue. And I'm only saying that I'm like, wait a minute, wait minute, she thinks that I was.
Speaker 4: I was, I explained. I was like, no, I want to keep it fresh. I was like, you guys know this.
Speaker 2: You guys said, They're like what, we totally get it, but we had to. So my point of all this story is that she had already had some weight.
Speaker 3: In the area.
Speaker 4: I just didn't know.
Speaker 2: I had no clue, but she was bringing on came what two thousand and two, two thousand and three, Yeah, and those I think, so she's all that.
Speaker 3: All that kind of stuff was at was posts as double hoox sticks.
Speaker 1: I remember the same thing. I remember people saying two thousand was bringing on. I remember people saying, Oh, she's gonna be she's gonna be huge, like on the set, people like she's.
Speaker 4: Everybody kind of knew it.
Speaker 7: Me.
Speaker 3: No, wait, what did they say? I'm sorry, what did they say when they called you in? Would she say that what he's refusing to rehearse with me?
Speaker 4: Yes? Pretty much? And what was the reason for that? And I'm like, oh god, I just I wanted to keep it fresh. I'm like, I was, I was, I was embarrassed. I was like, oh god, I've never had I never had on any set ever. I I had a run in with another actor in particular, I mean I had with some directors or some sure you know.
Speaker 2: Pucers were trying to push me to do things I didn't want to do. But outside of that, like, I never had no.
Speaker 3: You're you're exceptionally easy to work with. You are exceptionally easy, man.
Speaker 6: That's great.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that that was great.
Speaker 2: Geez.
Speaker 5: I mean she's just such a force, like I just she's so beautiful and she just has this like aura of just confidence and she's so tough and.
Speaker 3: Very much crazy. Do you remember anything about the reception of the movie.
Speaker 1: I can't remember anything about like when it aired, or we didn't do anything right, did we do any press or like I can't remember any.
Speaker 2: Of this, Okay, So yeah, honestly, that was that was an era where we didn't have the avenues that we have. I can you can you imagine with social media and everything? Yeah, slightly different time. Yeah, slightly different time.
Speaker 4: To be honest.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, and this was this was not added that ordinary a lot of US actors, you know, unless the studio or the network put you on some sort of circuit, you were like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, done onto the next.
Speaker 4: Really was thinking about it, and that's the way it went down. No, we didn't like lick a Press. I mean I didn't even.
Speaker 5: These movies were coming out so often on ABC. Disney had the d coms that were coming out every month.
Speaker 4: It was it.
Speaker 5: It just wasn't something that they were like I guess I'm assuming they just didn't need to, like they just would put it out and the kids were waiting for it, and they watched it and they fell in love with it, and then I know, I don't.
Speaker 6: I know that they did it a little bit on ABC with these kinds of movies.
Speaker 5: They would rerun them, but not like the channel would run those d coms like they would be on all day, like.
Speaker 6: It was like a marathon like that everything.
Speaker 1: I think that's the difference, is what. So the ABC and Disney would promote the concept or the night as opposed to an individual project. So it's like they would promote Wonderful World of Disney. They wouldn't promote h double hockey sticks, right, you know, so I think that's what they were doing. Was it's more like maybe we did because I don't remember doing anything like literally, I don't remember doing a single thing with you, a single talk show, a single interview, which is why nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they put a lot, I mean they put This did not look like one of their like low budget ones that we've seen.
Speaker 6: It did not look like that at all.
Speaker 5: Looked like a very like good sized budget that you would think that they would have put that extra effort into the actors.
Speaker 6: That they pulled in.
Speaker 5: You guys, you guys this was like the mecca of of your guys's like time that like either they just didn't feel like they needed to or I'm just not sure how that whole marketing you know, department worked at that time.
Speaker 6: But I mean it always still worked because obviously.
Speaker 3: Every speakleaw it's just huge.
Speaker 5: So it's it's I mean, you guys know you're going to the cons and you're seeing them and like they're bringing up this movie, not just the shows. You guys were, you know, well known for these movies that you also did. I'm sure Woorse sense is brought up to Andy all the time, you know, going to the map.
Speaker 6: I'm sure it is.
Speaker 3: I see it every day because I have the on on our the wall in my bedroom.
Speaker 2: We have a wall of just all these different random pictures, and one of them is you and I with the Stanley Cup just dress.
Speaker 3: Dressed as our characters. We're like dressed as our characters and everything. Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 4: I think that was like maybe the I found that picture. I think that was like the third picture I ever put on social media or something.
Speaker 3: Wasn't really everyone I was like, you know this, but I was like I.
Speaker 2: Looked at I think it was Instagram. I looked at Instagram as like a scrap book. Yeah, and I was like, I'm just gonna scrap some photo.
Speaker 4: I came across like this is a perfect photo.
Speaker 3: No, I love that. Uh So, while we have you here, what what else are you working on? Is there anything you want people to know about?
Speaker 2: I mean, you're still doing your podcast, which has been huge, and we're we're still trying to get you know, I've been on, but we're still with all our schedules trying to get you know, we've we've had it scheduled and then we have moved.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna, i know, the pod Meats World crew is gonna come over and join you guys. But what else are you working on? Anything you can talk about, anything you're having fun with?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, absolutely we are.
Speaker 2: You know. It's there's this really interesting push now because I think people have realized that a lot of the advertising dollars are moving over.
Speaker 4: Into the small screen versus the screens.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people under thirty really don't even man maybe to watch a specific thing, but they're they're mostly on phones and laptops and I have you know, it's and all this stuff so there's been this kind of push to figure out how to do one ninety one minute to ninety second almost kind of like a running series. So right now me and my brothers are playing with We've shot, like I don't know, more hours than we probably should have. I've just been the last couple of months has been editing and trying to figure out how to do this. So we're going to be putting this out, you know, maybe across all platforms. We don't know, unless like YouTube, YouTube is gonna like we're going this route, We're going Youtube're going. I me, we want to hit that like because that seems to be where you can monetize successfully, but you can also keep people's attention if you're gonna say, everyone's got such a short attention span now that.
Speaker 4: You can't go more than you can't go more. I mean really, I wish they would post pushed down to thirty. That would make it perfect.
Speaker 2: But you know, minute minute a half, that's you know, the sweet spot right now, and so everybody's trying to figure it out, Like TikTok's trying to do this, do this right now, YouTube, like YouTube TV is going to have a part, you know, YouTube TV is one of the and it's really not trying to do an ad for them.
Speaker 4: I'm not paid by that, I literally am not. But YouTube DV is amazing streamers. You get all the normal television channels like you would anything else with a CAB or anything streaming. It's great and they do everything really well.
Speaker 2: But what they're adding to that is a content creator channel well, which is basically it's going to be that it's going to be shorts things that people want to put it on, and they're gonna open it up to it's just gonna be on what the fans like, and if your fans move it, it gets picked up.
Speaker 4: The fans don't doesn't get picked up, and that's just the way it is. There's no like around it.
Speaker 2: So there's all these different people are trying to figure out how to bring in this, yeah into television because it's kind of our new TV. So we're looking around in that space a lot, and that stuff's going to start to come out, and again I'm not sure, because we're going to present it to them and see if there's like more of an overall deal, or we might just go and we figure out, Hey, we're just going to go across all platforms with it.
Speaker 3: So shoot, nowadays they're saying nowadays, they're saying, just own all your own stuff. Yeah, just own it, hold on to it, just put it out.
Speaker 2: That's what we did with the podcast because we you know, we didn't initially and we went a different direction, and then we realized that the only way for this, for us to make this really you know, beneficial.
Speaker 4: For everybody, the fans, us, is for us to do it alone. There's just we there's no way we could cut it up all the pot and it's too much.
Speaker 5: So yeah, well, tell me about the movie that you guys produced as Brothers Merry Christmas. That must have been such a huge undertaking, like it should. I mean, it looks so fun. You guys are you're just so good to be such a good group.
Speaker 4: How was that that was? That was crazy? It was a lot of fun but stressful.
Speaker 3: We did it nine days, oh oh my god.
Speaker 2: And the only reason why we have been attempt that is because we had previously done one with a lot of the crew, a lot of the location and uh, and so we.
Speaker 4: Knew we could pull it off.
Speaker 7: But and we you know, self funded it, so we had to you know, completely as tight as possible, and so I wish we.
Speaker 4: Had thirty days.
Speaker 2: It would have been every comedic beat would have been flushed out and everything would have been.
Speaker 4: So much better.
Speaker 2: But hey, that's what we had, and we did what we could with it. But it was it was an undertaking and it was absolutely freezing the entire time. Like I think The Highway was in the thirties, but most of the time it was in the teens. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Andy directed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he directed it and pretty much wrote the entire thing with his h with our production partner and his wife.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 6: Man, do you guys think you'll do more? Is this like you're kind of putting it right now today?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, we're developing one right now with a company, which I would say, but I probably just shouldn't because it's sure.
Speaker 4: Sure, but we're developing one. It's like an action movie that's really cool.
Speaker 6: Oh nice.
Speaker 2: You know I'm just sitting here, you know, I'm just sitting here waiting to work with you again about this A thousand times.
Speaker 4: Even stress. If you would be a part of it, we would love to have you.
Speaker 2: We we've talked about this all the time about how if we don't even care about.
Speaker 4: We just want to work with people that we like.
Speaker 3: That's how that's we feel this. I feel the same my friends.
Speaker 4: Incredibly talented you are. We would love to have you do true True as well, anytime, anytime we would have you.
Speaker 2: The problem is, honestly, one of the truth is because we haven't had the proper finances to offer you something for coming on set.
Speaker 4: We haven't offered It's like we don't have.
Speaker 3: Any five to seven mil. And I think we'd be fine, but it's.
Speaker 4: Coming up because we're not self funding anymore. We're now moving into other people funding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you paid to come and work with us.
Speaker 1: I just want to It's one of those things where I truly I feel like you do. I just want to be on the set on sets again with people I like, hanging out with That's it. Money, no money, awesome, script, okay, script whatever, Just spending my days with people that I like. That's why I love doing these podcasts because it's like I get to spend my time with people that I like, and so that's all that matters, frankly.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's really cool.
Speaker 6: Oh stop it, will I should.
Speaker 3: Say people that I like and Sabrina, which is, which is fun too.
Speaker 6: It's just so fair.
Speaker 3: So when we do uh jumping ship, will you come back? Of course, let's do it all right? Good, I need you guys, We'll come back.
Speaker 5: And we've got to ask this, like overall, will you now look back on HG Double Hockey Sticks?
Speaker 6: What are your feelings?
Speaker 5: I mean, did you did you get a chance to watch it or anything at all before we did the podcast? Did you check out check out the one headshot they use over and over again for all of your sports casts. It was just one that you were on set for all these days and they just got one of those. But what are your thoughts on it?
Speaker 6: Looking back?
Speaker 4: Looking back on it?
Speaker 2: I I guess the only thing, I mean, the only thing I could say is personally that you know, you never realize you never. I never thought that would be the last time that we were going to be on camera together, maybe possibly ever.
Speaker 3: Well for film, because we did.
Speaker 2: We did, We went, We went after this was in between six and seven a boy, so we stayed on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I didn't know if we were going to be going on to do other things.
Speaker 3: Right we thought we were.
Speaker 2: I thought we were yes things. So I didn't take the time with it that I wish I had. I would have even spent more time with Will. I would have read the darn script, coned over it and and at least gone, how can I do my part the best possible to put us in the best light. Sure, and didn't do all that, And so looking back, like those are things that personally I wish I could have done, but so thankful to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: And it was a fun movie.
Speaker 2: It was a fun movie because we were especially going back into taking this journey and watching all the Disney Channel movies.
Speaker 3: They're not all going to the mat.
Speaker 2: There's there's there's a lot of them that we watch and we're like, wow, like how how the did this get made?
Speaker 3: And h and Hockey six is not one of those. It's it's it's also not going to the mat, but it's what. It's what it's But it's good.
Speaker 1: But it's good, it's an it's enjoyable to watch, it's funny. We're clearly having a good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And and there's you know, like I was telling, like these stories were coming back as we were watching it. I completely forgot I told Sabrina. I was like, oh, this scene right here was the best special effects of the movie and you'd never know it. Do you remember the scene where you're getting your coffee it drops from the thing and it was pouring rain and they had us under tarps and then they digitally took out the tarps. I was like, that was the best special effects of the movie.
Speaker 3: You couldn't tell, never ever know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was stories like that that I remember the most. Was where it's like how we how we're gonna shoot It's like monsoon rain, Like we're gonna hold tarp over you, like wait what.
Speaker 3: So yeah? Yeah, and then you almost got me killed. And that's what I'm gonna remember. So those are the those are the joys. That's all good stuff. Well, thank you so much for joining us, mister Lawrence. We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And uh yeah, please come back when when we do jumping ship, because it's going to be to wait seeing you. Yeah, and uh break a leg on everything else. And hopefully we get to do something in the future because we've got to.
Speaker 4: You don't understand. I will still wake up some mornings like maybe that's a good sitcom.
Speaker 3: Will we're trying to do is bring the sitcom back. I mean, I would love to bring the sitcom back.
Speaker 2: There's no I mean, because what they've lost because you're even seeing it right now, like they're putting their trying and they're putting really talented sitcom people together that don't have chemistry, and you're like, I know, it's not that they're individually it's like when you do that to a super team, it's like, not that they're individually so talented.
Speaker 4: They got to play well together exactly.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 4: So if we could get an ensemble like that together, to dude, I know, people would tune in to watch it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I think, well, you know the show that is more popular now than it really ever has been, and there's never been that version of the show done for our age group is Friends in their forties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: The six Because you'd have the people that are divorced, you'd have the people that are I mean, it's a whole different section of life than when you're in your twenties. So here's what I want to say to the networks. I'd be like, and here's the thing you remember is that you're not putting this show on the air for thirties and under.
Speaker 4: Okay, putting it on the air for the same audience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, TV from.
Speaker 2: Back then, and guess what if we do good enough, you'll get a second run on streaming when kids finding you can get that into your mind and look.
Speaker 3: At it like that. Yeah, it's a double wammen.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, maybe we should make this show.
Speaker 6: Yeah instead of rebuilt like rebooting the shows and bringing them.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: It's also sitcom, old school four camera sitcom is cheaper than doing single camera.
Speaker 3: So you can get as good a product for less money. Yeah, it's it's a no brainer. But we'll work on that.
Speaker 2: By the way I showed it, I started the entire thing in my original h double. This is the jacket that I wore in the movie and it is still my raincoat to this day. So gosh, thank you for joining us. We're gonna in h for for when we do Jumping Ship, which will be coming and break a leg.
Speaker 3: On everything in the future.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: You talk to you soon, Ye talk to you soon. Oh man, he's just awful, you know what I mean by.
Speaker 6: Amazing.
Speaker 5: I love that this was just to find out. This was his first time out on his own without Guardian. You know, with him that he was able to go and like just because that's such a coming of age moment and you know, it's like going to college. It's like that kind of thing, like you're working and you're used to doing it with your parents there and you know, his parents seem like they were great, but then you have to do it all by yourself and things come up and yeah, whatever, you know, especially knowing like he had like an issue the first time, like the studio called him about something like.
Speaker 6: That, having to like do you want parents and go what do I do?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, like what you know, to have to kind of sit in it on your own and like figure out how to how to navigate that.
Speaker 2: That's really cool, well all for him, all three of the Lawrence brothers. You know, they're the type of people where they have every excuse to be jerks, and they aren't.
Speaker 3: They aren't. They really are fun, nice people to hang out. That's a wonderful family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're they're they're great. I remember I forgot to tell to bring this up, but I just remember that when we were shooting. He is such a fan of music, like Matt is.
Speaker 1: Their whole family is very musical, but he is such a fan of music that that you know, he would go to Tower Records every week or the equivalent of Tower Records every week and you'd see him walk in with a stack of CDs, I mean fifty CDs and I'd be like, what are you doing.
Speaker 3: He's like, this is all the new music that came out this week. Like he that's what Matt would just like this is everything and listen there.
Speaker 2: They're such musical people that they were just there like they owned all of music.
Speaker 3: So it was yeah, cool.
Speaker 6: It sounds like he didn't have just the genre either.
Speaker 3: He had like no, he just no, he loved everything everything everything.
Speaker 6: I like music, Yeah, kind like music music.
Speaker 3: Music.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Well, thank you mister Lawrence for joining us on Magical Rewind in this wonderful park Hopper episode, and thank you everyone for sticking with us, uh and.
Speaker 9: For being here when I let everybody know that Mount Lawrence almost got me killed, which is wow what he did so very large man wanted to beat me into a pulp in the middle of downtown Vancouver.
Speaker 2: I will say this, if we fought, I would have you Oh yes, yep, but what have somehow hurt myself while just standing up and then I would have just been pounded into a little squish puddle. So oh to whoever that guy was, I apologize we were young, but it is.
Speaker 3: It is what it is, so you can't be mad.
Speaker 6: It's not your fault.
Speaker 3: You got the girl nice, it wasn't my fault.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, everybody, and don't forget next time to join us over on our other feed where we are going to be watching twenty twelves Let It Shine, which is.
Speaker 2: A musical about so different from Let It Go, which is different than Let It Go. But we will, we will, we will, we will cross that Let It Shine Bridge when we get to it. Because I know nothing of this movie other than this at all.
Speaker 6: I am a hip hop version in the director's credits. This is one I do not know. So I'm excited to see what it's gotta be good. It has to.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next time. Thanks everybody, Bye bye bye
Speaker 4: M