Speaker 1: Jensen has pre show chatter for us today, which always makes me nervous. I mean, what what is what is this?
Speaker 2: Bro Rider Strong did a commercial back when he was there.
Speaker 3: Well, this is a little different. This is a modern day pull, so you'll be surprised surprise to hear it. I first want to welcome a new sponsor to the podcast. It is Caesar Warm Bowls, which is a product that we're excited to be involved in.
Speaker 1: It is love Caesar Warm Bowls.
Speaker 3: Dog food, and we love having them, and I do want to at least mention up top this is not an ad for Caesar Warm Bowls, though it will seem like one. We actually legally had to contact them and ask them if we could do this segment.
Speaker 4: I'm so scared. What the hell is happening right now? This is the equivalent of the Minecraft in Marvel movies. We're just talking about I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a little bit of a hint now that I know we're talking about Caesar warmbles.
Speaker 3: Danielle was tasked with recording a sixty second ad for this incredible company joining into the podcast. And when I tell you that, I have not stopped laughing about the process since doing it, it would be an understatement.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 1: I would also like to state that, for the record, I recorded this in the middle of the mirror on acid me, which was nine PI, was late. I was tired, and Jensen was like, oh, I've got to have you record this ad, and so I went downstairs and recorded it, and I'm assuming you you have.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Now we all have found ourselves before in the past, having what is widely considered the case of the Giggles.
Speaker 2: Oh no, there.
Speaker 3: Danielle lost all understanding of how to say the word warm.
Speaker 2: Bawls, warm bowles, norm boles.
Speaker 3: Now you're just spoiling where you go. So remember Danielle cannot find the footing to say the word, and Easton has the entire thing. We're going to play it. We can pose it if you want, But what I suggest is keeping your laughter to a minimum. It's because you don't want to miss everything that happens. All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Caesar warm bowls.
Speaker 5: Sounds delicious, exactly.
Speaker 6: Hello, mister warmbles. Yes, Caesar warmbules, it is okay, Caesar warmbules.
Speaker 5: Thirty Zara, I'm sorry, okay.
Speaker 2: Literally haven't said a word, yet not a word.
Speaker 1: I couldn't even get to the point of saying the for reals, here we go, Caesar warmbles, Introducing new Caesar wormbles.
Speaker 2: I might have to do the whole thing and then do it at the end.
Speaker 1: I'll have to do introduce, okay, an exciting feeding experience for dogs and pet parents that only takes ten seconds to prepare in the microwave. Introducing news Caesar Warm bowls, Introducing new Caesar Warm bowls, worm holes, worm wormles.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, worm boles, warm bowls.
Speaker 1: Okay, introducing new Caesar Warm bowls and exciting.
Speaker 2: There's no other way to say it.
Speaker 1: One more, one more thirty Warm bowls are made with fresh.
Speaker 2: It took me like fifteen minutes. Can't far word about the inflection.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Warm bowls are made with fresh. Serious, they can't do it here? Well, okay, warm bowls are made. I can't get it out.
Speaker 7: It's like this, It's like the Scream episode. Just McCracken, you just ran walked out screaming warm bles.
Speaker 8: Do you still do it?
Speaker 3: Still doing it?
Speaker 2: Warm bowls, warm boles?
Speaker 7: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Dara.
Speaker 1: Shop New Caesar Warm Bowls online and in stores. Today, get your warm balls get there. Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Oh guys, that is one of the funniest. It just takes me right back.
Speaker 8: It takes me right back to be on set with you and like this would happen. This wouldn't happen in.
Speaker 7: Front of the audience as much as it would when we were pre taping, but you would just get into these oh my god.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: But it's also you know, whenever you're recording anything, it doesn't sound like words after a while anymore. He just keep saying. It's like a weird warm bowl just become bowls and noise.
Speaker 1: It was also it's just the perfect timing of for whatever reason, I was in that mind frame at that time, because now I feel like I could say, Caesar warmboles, you can get go ahead and you pick them up today. Your pets are gonna love them. And it's not triggering me the same way it was that night. But like once I got it in my head, it didn't help. The Jensen was in the room with me, so of course I have another person that I'm like saying it in front of it. I'm giggling with. But my gosh, Okay, anyway, we love Caesar.
Speaker 4: Warm Boles, but eight thirty at night, right around when we'd be shooting also, and we'd also have the gigs shooting true towards the end of the night, the giggle hour, and I am very much looking forward to a Caesar warm bowl from a dog.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 3: I thought you're gonna say for yourself.
Speaker 8: I'll take a bite.
Speaker 1: Brunch loves them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's gonna love them. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I will also tell you that if you're trying to find us on tour, we will be booking hotels under the name mister Caesar Warmboles. Check out, all right, goodbye bye.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Welcome to Pond Meets World. I'm Daniel Fishel, I'm Rider Strong, and I'm Caesar Warbles.
Speaker 4: You gotta do you know, some one's gotta be Caesar Warmboles, Topanga Caesar Warmboles, and we'll come up with something for Rider.
Speaker 2: We got to figure it out, I will for you.
Speaker 1: So welcome to today's episode recap. It's season six episode twelve, Cutting the Cord. It originally aired January eighth, nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 4: Wow, we're in the ninety nine yikes y two k already.
Speaker 1: One of the greatest years. Ninety nine, boy it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a great year.
Speaker 1: What a great yep. The synopsis Sean and Angela asked Corey in Tapanga to refrain from interfering in their breakup while Alan has a midlife crisis with a new baby on the way. It was directed by Kevin Tracy. This is his first of three Boy Meets World episodes he directed. He was our associate director dating back to season five, and served that position on many other shows like Family Matters, The Amanda Show and all that. Sadly, Kevin passed away in two thousand and three at just forty seven years old.
Speaker 2: He was a great guy. Yes, he was a really a great guy.
Speaker 1: Yeh, wonderful energy about him.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You would always do this thing. This is how I always remember Kevin.
Speaker 4: He would I'd walk by him and he'd put his face somewhere strange, like into the wall or into the back of a chair or into the couch and just start going, well, will you you in here? Will you in this couch? And I'd be like, no, Kevin, I'm over here, and you go, oh oh sorry. So every time I did, he just pop his head somewhere really bizarre. Well, Willy in here, I'll always gone never forget that.
Speaker 1: Man, that's really cute. I'm going to start doing that for my kids. They would love that.
Speaker 2: He was a very good guys.
Speaker 1: It was written by Alison M. Gibson. This is her first of four episodes. She came from Home Improvement Sister Sister and the short lived Kirk, but would later go on to create the beloved sitcom Riba and coep the show awkward.
Speaker 4: Please tell me Kirk was actually about Captain Kirk, because that would have been.
Speaker 2: The best show ever.
Speaker 1: Nope, it was Kirk Cameron show that I guess.
Speaker 2: Not the same show. Not the same show.
Speaker 1: So before we jump into our guest stars, do you have any overall thoughts?
Speaker 4: I'll go first if you are Yeah, I did not remember anything about this episode. I thought this was the Tommy episode. I thought we were going right into Tommy.
Speaker 2: I really liked this episode, Yeah, I did. I thought this was well balanced. I love seeing Rusty going through stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean, some of it didn't really make a whole lot of sense, but I'm kind of to the point of not really caring anymore. I mean, Sean, it's like he broke up with her, So none of that makes any sense. I think Bill had finals this week.
Speaker 8: Oh right, yeah, I didn't even finals this week.
Speaker 2: He's trying to get his masters.
Speaker 4: But I was twenty two minutes of fun. I liked me the first time in a while. I was like, oh, great, this is a fun episode. I thought there was some hard jokes and I.
Speaker 2: Thought it was good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, me too. I think for me it's just the Sean mobe.
Speaker 7: But at least they made like, you know, some comedy out of them laying on the table. It's like, and I kind of wish we had done more of that and more of like Sean, you're kind of a drag like in general.
Speaker 8: But so yeah, the end where I'm like looking through the window.
Speaker 7: You know, all that, I'm just like, But I also feel like we're getting closer to Sean being able to.
Speaker 2: Explain what's going on.
Speaker 8: I feel like, oh, okay, like and I know that I think.
Speaker 7: My dad's gonna die soon. I think it's the next episode actually, or we'll have a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I think they really did plan to acknowledge that Sean is having a hard time with Angela because of his upbringing, because of his family, because of his attachment issues, basically right, like, he's afraid of loving because people leave him, abandon him. And I just wish we had articulated that or hinted at that a little better throughout this early part of the season because I think it's going to all kind of make more sense.
Speaker 8: But as it is, it does just feel like that sort of like.
Speaker 7: I got a lot going on, you know, I'm so emotional, and I just wish it was you know, a little clearer, a little more specific, but otherwise super fun episode. The fact that we all end up at the same restaurant, the karaoke Ben killing it obviously just and Corey. You know, it's so fun when when Corey's anxieties are not driving the story, they're just like they're just there for the comedy, and you and him were just clearly having so much fun.
Speaker 4: I also thought I thought Me and the Couch was the first tag we did where we're kind of making each other laugh and you could tell it's all right.
Speaker 2: I lived. I totally forgot about this is just you guys going just that.
Speaker 1: Which was laughing and having so much fun.
Speaker 8: I remember this week really well. Actually, do you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember this.
Speaker 7: I remember a lot of it, I think because of the song stuff, like everyone's singing and Ben like, I just I have so many memories of this episode of this week.
Speaker 1: Actually, I, similarly to a lot of other episodes, don't have a ton of memories, but do just remember it feeling stressful? Really yeah, the singing stuff. The singing stuff was just so stressful and I'm not sure why, Like.
Speaker 7: I can tell you there's the I can I remember some like so it was basically, I mean, everyone knew that Trina could sing, so a lot of this episode was built around the idea of getting, you know, a moment for Angela to be able to sing.
Speaker 8: But there was a huge rights issue with the song that they wanted.
Speaker 7: Because the copyright laws basically made it prohibited expensive.
Speaker 8: And I actually looked this up this morning because I couldn't. I remember the.
Speaker 7: Note session where Michael they wanted the song to be You've Lost that loving feeling, okay, but that was a Phil Spector produced song from like nineteen post nineteen seventy two, so we were not going to be able to get it without paying a ton of money. And so there was all these debates and discussions, and we ended up recording shooting two versions where she's sang You've lost that love and feeling, and then this the song that they did end up using, which is It's in His Kiss or whatever. Yeah, And there was like a lot of because nobody liked it It's in His Kiss as much and Trina didn't want to do that as much, and like.
Speaker 1: It was just me, It's not Trina has a beautiful voice. This song does not showcase what she's capable of. It wasn't a great song choice.
Speaker 7: Exactly, and that's why everyone wanted the other one. And also You've lost that love and feeling was as it was about us, right, so it was just this it was there was a lot of tension. There's a lot of stress, and like Trina was stressed out, and I think the way that they she because she wanted the other song, and I think they they made her like do different takes and try different things vocally. It was just a lot of anxiety on set about the performances. And I remember Ben being very you know, having very fun because his was just as a joke. But like I was stressed out about having to sing because I have you know, hang ups about singing. And the woman who played my date was a great singer, was a really good singer, and so I remember her like she wanted to change the key of our song and like working with Ray Colecord about So this is a lot of stuff about the performances.
Speaker 8: And we had a.
Speaker 7: Special singing coach come on, and I think the singing coach was working with Trina a lot. It was just there was a lot of performance anxiety.
Speaker 4: You guys would know this way more than me, because you know way more about the industry than I do. When it comes to this kind of stuff. When a song goes onto something then becomes really popular, does it then become more expensive after that for subsequent shows to use? Because I know you lost that loving feeling became hugely popular again and top gun.
Speaker 2: Because that's what Tom Cruise says to her. So that was nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 4: So after it becomes huge again, does it then become really expensive after it becomes popular again?
Speaker 2: Is that how that would work?
Speaker 7: They negotiate, so that's why we recorded it both and then they probably went to Phil Spector or whoever you know, and said, will you give it to us? For a good price, and they were like, no, no, because but pre nineteen seventy two, you don't have to know if the song is earlier, it's it's state laws regulating the copyright, and so all the rights become way cheaper and easier to use. So like that's why, like Wonder Years, if you watch Wonder Years on streaming, they've changed all the music because that's all seventy later seventies music. And they in order to air first, they paid a certain amount, but if they wanted DVD rights or television later rights or streaming rights, they had to pay. They had to go back and renegotiate for every single song, and it was just so expensive they couldn't do it. So they couldn't use any of the original music in the original it's not even the main title. They couldn't get the Joe Cocker.
Speaker 8: So yeah, so that's the thing.
Speaker 7: It's like, it's such a music is a really you know, it's just an expensive thing. And the more popular song is, the more the person can say, well, if you want that, you got.
Speaker 8: To pay me for it.
Speaker 7: And I guess Phil Spector is like notorious for holding onto his rights and like making sure that everyone pays up, and so there was just like no chance we were going to be able to afford it.
Speaker 2: He was notorious for quite a lot of stone.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: The one of the worst though, is negotiating So guest starring Janine Jackson as instructor. She has been in a ton of movies, her first being the nineteen eighty three Woody Allen film Zelig Did that He say that?
Speaker 2: I think I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know Elig Zelig, Zig Zelig. She's also appeared in Scrooged, Election seventeen again and The Craft. While on TV, she showed up on to Leap Married with Children, American Vandal, and Will Seinfeld. Who wait a minute, she's rock San in the apartment. Oh she is, Okay, she's still working today, gotcha. And then we have Heather Marie Marsden as Kelly no relation. You may know her as Kevin's sister on an episode of the Office, but she's also been on California Dreams, Step by Step, and Charmed. She's the voice of Sarah Lyons in Fallout three and a professional dancer in movies like That Thing You Do and the First Austin Powers and.
Speaker 7: So you know that she's married to the stunt coordinator that you've worked with, probably Danny what's last Yeah, he's an amazing stunt coordinator. So she came to the set of Girl Meets World and like, we connected. And then our kids actually went to the same elementary school for a couple of years. Indian ended up transferring out, but like, so we've reconnected. Uh I maybe saw her three years ago.
Speaker 8: From the list.
Speaker 2: Wait, he's the one who played your date.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cool.
Speaker 7: But yeah, she's married to one of the great like legendary stunt coordinators.
Speaker 1: Danny Wayne.
Speaker 8: Danny Wayne, Yeah, Danny Wa Yeah cool.
Speaker 7: So and when Danny was brought on for Girl Meets World as the stunt coordinator, Yeah, we did an episode about Rodeo Shyla and I directed in a Rodeo episode and he was like, you know, my wife was in Point Meets World with you. I was like what, And so she came and we reconnected.
Speaker 1: Yeah that is so funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then Kirsten Nelson as Jessica. She's best known now as Karen Vick on almost one hundred and twenty episodes of Psych, but also appeared in the movie The Fugitive and TV shows like The West Wing, Ally McBeal and Malcolm in the Middle.
Speaker 4: I remember her the second First of all, she was great to work with, but she had an awesome part on West Wing. She played his second so so President Bartlett had the same secretary you know, the entire time he was there, and in all the flashbacks she played the younger version of the secretary and one of a writer. You and I have had discussed about this episode where he decides to run for president again.
Speaker 2: He puts his hands in his pockets. At the end the music, the.
Speaker 4: Dire Street Song is playedrals yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a legendary episode. She is, she's the one who plays Missus landinggam She plays the young Missus Landing anscer Yeah yeah, which is great.
Speaker 1: And then we have Kareem Prince as Ron. He started his career as Cestro, the blue alien Power Ranger on Mighty morphin Power Rangers, but also appeared on Moesia thirty three episodes of The Bold and the Beautiful and also eight episodes of Malcolm in the Middle. He also recently revisited his Power Ranger character for the series Project Zodiac Cool.
Speaker 2: He could also sing I mean they obviously just got all the singers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well that's what I remember.
Speaker 7: Feeling very sorry for him when we filmed this episode because it was a thankless part. He doesn't get to do much as an actor, and he had to do a lot as a singer. So he was asked to sing two different songs, you know, and as based on notes that he was getting and like and clearly just kind of in a foil, like you know, it's all about Trina's performance, it's all about my perform, you know, it's all about everything, but this poor guy, and he never gets any real laughs.
Speaker 8: But he's great. He's a great singer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was really talented. But yes, I remember this week being just I remember. I only remember that set. I only remember standing on that stage, and I remember, you know, it's funny you said they brought in like a specialist, like a singing coach. Have no memory of the singing coach. But you know who I do remember out there with notes and a pencil and all kinds of detailed instructions about which key and however we should be singing is Michael.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, very Michael. You know, he plays music and he's into music. He writes music and yeah, so I think he was really focused on that, and I think we got a lot of anxiety and stress about.
Speaker 8: Our performance and what the song is and how it's mean sung.
Speaker 7: And yeah, I remember this episode, you know, uh, I have really fond memories of Ben obviously just messing around whenever he got up there to do, but he would also my parents came to visit while we were shooting this episode, and Ben, you know, like you guys remember he always would have like in jokes with basically everybody, everybody, every human who ever met Ben, he'd have an in joke. And one of his in jokes with my dad from the moment he met him at thirteen was the song Down with the King. I don't know what, because my dad's name is King. So there was some song where go Done with the King. I don't know, some hip hop, I don't know what it was, but that Ben would say that every time he saw my dog. And so he was on stage doing the war and he decided to do a whole improv Down with the King thing, and my parents were just like dying. I just oh my god, I just it was like and I remember the whole set just being like, why is Ben doing this, and he was just doing this in joke for my dad, like either while we were filming or during rehearsal, and like it became this huge distraction.
Speaker 8: It was so funny, and it's.
Speaker 4: Also just it really highlights how this is two different shows now because I was not privy to any of this anything music stuff any so I don't remember this at all. It's just you guys did your show, we did our show, and then we did run throughs. Yeah, it was so strange exactly.
Speaker 1: I know. I when I was watching it and I saw the tag and it was so clearly us dressing ourselves and messing around, and I thought, I'm so, I don't ever really get this feeling watching it, but I felt I was annoyed. I was annoyed that I don't remember that. But I remember stress and anxiety over how the singing was going to come out, and like, I know you talking about your stress over singing and then the stuff with Trina. I didn't remember any of that. With what I had to do, there was stress. Michael was really yes and yours is all for comedy.
Speaker 7: I thought you guys were having fun the whole last Yeah, I remember Ben.
Speaker 8: Just loving it and having so much fun.
Speaker 1: Ben really was and and so that is what like that, I just felt like, man, I was robbed of the memories. Why was Yeah, why couldn't even this have been enjoyable? Why why were these last especially these last couple of years, we're so fraught with anxiety and stress And that's like, that's when we're.
Speaker 2: Just on the bubble.
Speaker 8: It was the sense that we were going to get canceled or something. Yeah, there's a lot of.
Speaker 7: A lot of pressure and yeah, it's just too bad. That's because it should be a fun you know, it's a wromp of an episode and a lot.
Speaker 1: Of it is it should it should have been fun.
Speaker 2: So, by the way, for the first time ever found the lobster.
Speaker 8: What in the restaurant scene in the Lobster?
Speaker 4: I think it was it's again it's grainy on uh, I mean, do you want to know?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: And I could be wrong, but I don't think I am again it's grainy because it's it's on Disney Plus and it's a little mess.
Speaker 2: But I'm pretty sure I found.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so exciting. Okay, so we jumping into our recap, we get a rare previously on Boy Meets World. Usually used for only two parters, this has Corey catching audience members up with parts of the season they may have missed that are needed. For this episode. We see various Sean and Angela scenes from the moment brous.
Speaker 7: Macking on each other. He was like, what is going on? Like, I kept waiting for a line to be there. It's like, and here's a shot of them just really they almost do it?
Speaker 4: Do we really need my God as sick as you can get without actually die?
Speaker 8: And my friend? Yeah, I just seeing it isolated, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, Jesus, we really really went for it there, From the moment they broke up to the Christmas kiss to the most recent episode where Angela finally tells him that things are over and then we're gonna busy birthing class. Amy walks in with Eric and he immediately blurts out, Wow, these women are fat.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's awful but so funny.
Speaker 7: But I mean that's one of those lines that like, if you read it on the page without knowing the character of Eric or the actor Wilfredll, you be.
Speaker 8: Like, oh, is this gonna this is this is a tough one.
Speaker 7: Could you am I gonna like the person who says this, yeah, and it's like yeah, with Wilfred, you're gonna like it.
Speaker 1: It's fine, it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 8: Amazing that you could pull that off.
Speaker 1: Amy Glare is it in? But ultimately thanks her son for filling in on such short notice. Apparently she has no idea where Alan is. And that was so interesting to me because now my first thought was how do you not know? And then I was like, we used to not know where people were. Yeah, all the time. We didn't have cell phones.
Speaker 4: Right, I thought, I thought about that same thing today. You also never knew who was calling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, answer alone? Who is this?
Speaker 4: It wasn't when you didn't get to decide whether you're going to talk to this person.
Speaker 7: Which is why like a secretary or would it be an important job because you just need someone to like answering what people?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yes, crazy so funny.
Speaker 1: I know. My first thought was like what and then I was like, oh, yeah, I guess if you had an appointment and someone just didn't show up, You're like they could be dead.
Speaker 8: I know it would be the opposite.
Speaker 7: It was like everything was less, like it was less precious that people didn't make it, you know, like you can land in the city, somebody not make it to the airport and you just be like, oh, I got to find my own way, and then hopefully we'll meet up later, right Like that would and you wouldn't stress.
Speaker 8: You wouldn't be like they must be dead. You'd be like, I don't know, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: It was more casual.
Speaker 8: Actually it's better.
Speaker 1: Eric tells her not to worry. There's nothing he wouldn't do for a little Eric. Or if it's a girl, Eric the girl the girl.
Speaker 7: Now this bumped me a little bit. I was like, does she really need to take a birthing class if she's.
Speaker 2: Had three kids?
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, what a stretch. I agree. This whole premise is ridiculous. By the way, Morgan's only like ten, She's not like, it's not like they had a kid twenty one years ago, and she's like, there's all kinds or they're doing something they didn't do before.
Speaker 2: I'm having a.
Speaker 8: Home birth, a water birth.
Speaker 1: She's just going to the hospital to have a baby, like she's.
Speaker 4: Done three other doings lammy lambas, which is how it's actually pronounced. Have they been doing that for like twenty twenty five years or is that relatively new.
Speaker 1: No, they were doing it back in the day. My mother in law gave me a Lama's book when I was pregnant. Yeah, not pronouncing it right, Okay, okay, sorry, Eric.
Speaker 4: The girl Erica is so funny.
Speaker 7: It's a clever twist because it's like the obvious joke is coming, and then.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then absolutely not. He rubs Amy's bump lovingly, but she tells him do not touch my stomach.
Speaker 2: Touch my stomach.
Speaker 1: Amy sets down some comfy pillows on a mat, and Eric selfishly decides it's a great place for him to lay down. As an instructor tells the mommies and daddies to get comfortable. Eric proudly motions to Amy and says to another expecting woman, that's my mom.
Speaker 2: I'm her baby.
Speaker 1: Amy points out that the pillows are actually for her. Eric moxer you oh you you you about you, isn't it. The instructor tells the couples to start with deep diaphragmatic breathing, and everyone begins, but while helping, Eric decides he wants to keep the conversation going with his neighbor. He asks where her daddy is then clarifies her baby's daddy. He means the guy that did that to you, pointing to her pregnant belly. She says her husband's in the Navy. He's on an aircraft carrier in the South China seat. Eric understands, Yeah, I'm filling in for my dad. He ran out on my mom this morning. Amy jumps in, telling the woman, hello, I'm his mother and yet I'm having another one. The woman says it's sweet that Eric's filling in for his dad, and then introduces herself as Jessica, out stretching a hand to Eric. Eric completely ditches his mom to shake Jessica's hand, sending Amy rolling backwards and helpless. He notices his mom's fall, but instead of helping, he laughs. Eric yells, you wobble like a weebl I miss weevils and proceeds to rock her back and forth and then right on time. Alan rushes into the room, apologizing he completely forgot and lost track of time. Eric tells him not to worry because he has this whole thing under control. He yells at the top of his lungs bush and Alan immediately tells him to leave. Eric gets up without protest, sending Amy rolling backwards again. The instructor, who has somehow been completely unaffected by all this chaos, proceeds with the breathing exercises, and then Jessica speaks up, Hey, Eric, if you're free, I'd really appreciate it if you'd be my partner. His eyes light up. He can't believe it. As he walks towards her. He lays it on thick with his parents, that's so nice that somebody appreciates me, leading to an immature slapping fight with his dadapping at each other. The instructor tells the coaches to count three he he he breaths, followed by three ho ho ho breaths. Amy asks Alan what made him late, and Alan answers I was looking at something. When Amy points out his vagueness, he mumbles out, mum what ors Eric shouts from his station, A motorcycle, right on, dad, But Amy has a different response. We're having a baby and you're out looking for motorcycles. Why don't you just go all the way and buy yourself a yellow Corvette. Alan genuinely responds, you'd be okay with that. She scoffs if it gets you to class on time.
Speaker 8: Didn't you Jacobs buy a yellow corvette? Did he?
Speaker 2: Did he?
Speaker 8: You don't remember this.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure this is based on he bought money. He bought a very bright sports car around this time. Really yeah, and he tells the story.
Speaker 2: It's very fun.
Speaker 8: I remember him telling the.
Speaker 7: Story that he he then had people over for dinner and like somehow like they opened up the garage and he was suddenly kind of very ashamed of the car, and.
Speaker 8: He was like, this was my midlife crisis, my life ridiculous car.
Speaker 7: And he was he was like embarrassed by how bright and sporty it was when these friends came over for dinner. And I think he ended up getting rid of it, for I think this came from a very very real.
Speaker 1: Life so funny. Oh, I love that. That's great. Alan writes it off as just being a little late. Besides, he's done this three times. He's not like the kids in here who have never done this. Eric chimes in, old man's getting a yellow corvette.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: He jumps up to congratulate him and proceeds to push Jessica into the weebel wobble position, and Alan pushes Amy off at the same time, creating the same effect. The guys give each other a high five as the women roll backwards. And then we're in the student union to Panga and Corey are sitting side by side looking a little nervous. Then Sean and Angelo walk in together.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure, Yeah, in the union.
Speaker 4: In the student union, you're all sitting on the couch. In the background is the store and on the side of the no no, so the pool table's over here, and then you've got the store over to the right.
Speaker 1: I can you look at but not quite as far as the coffee shop is that?
Speaker 2: What is the cop whatever? The student store coffee is in the back.
Speaker 4: It's all the way upstage. Yes, the cash register. Pretty sure the lobster is on the side of the cash region. There's something in the shape of something that looks like the lobster, and I'm like trying to pause it and check how grainy it is. But I'm pretty sure. That's pretty sure. I've been like specifically looking for it now, so pretty sure I actually found it.
Speaker 1: I love that. Okay, shout out Todd with her lobster.
Speaker 2: Lobster.
Speaker 1: Do you remember hiding the lobster on the uh so Sean says hello, and Angela thanks them for coming. Corey decides to speak first. We know why we're here. You don't have to say anything to Panga, adds Corey and I discussed it and we've decided.
Speaker 7: By the way, sorry, Yeah, the opening of the scene is one of the most awkward things ever, the two of you just sitting there not talking to each other.
Speaker 8: You guys are like waiting, waiting, and I look.
Speaker 1: Kind of nervous, and that's it, I.
Speaker 7: Guess, but I get the point is that you are kind of nervous and you are waiting awkwardly, but it's like not highlighted enough because you're just like it's like a wide shot and I was just like, what has happened city there?
Speaker 2: Like awkward, Like wouldn't they be talking to one another?
Speaker 8: It ends up making sense, but that first shot, I was like, this is they should have made like a bigger deal, like, you know, zoom in on you guys being awkward. I don't know, as it is. It's like someone someone should have looked at their watch exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh so, Tapanga, adds Corey and I discussed it, and we've decided we're not going to butt into your lives no matter what you do, right, Corey, Corey doesn't hesitate. Absolutely, you're our best friends, but we have no right to tell you to be together if that's not what you want. Angela gives him a knowing look, we don't believe you. Topenga gets defensive. You don't believe me, Sean clarifies, No, no, no him, We don't believe him.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad this scene happened. Yeah in the world.
Speaker 4: I'm just glad because we've been talking about this for a while now. And I also like that they they kind of went the joking route with it, yes, where they didn't. It wasn't real serious. You know, you've been putting it on us. It was like, I'm literally, we have a restraining order. We drew up ourselves. Great way to do it, because he is red flag boy for us now. So I love the way that they handled this. We're obviously other people were seeing it too, and it's like, agreed, let's address it, but in a funny way as it happened.
Speaker 2: Yes, yea.
Speaker 1: So he reaches into his jacket and retrieves a document that they've written up specifically for Corey. Corey takes one look at it and realizes this is a restraining horde. Angela nodds, yes, yes, it is. The Panga reads the document out loud. Corey Matthews, and Tapanga Lawrence are hereby forbidden to interfere with the separation of or encourage accidental rendezvous between Sean and Angela. It refers to her and Corey as the aforementioned parties, which causes Corey to gasp ever mentioned parties? Is this what we are to you?
Speaker 7: Did you notice later in the episode, I do it too, we do it, I do it with it.
Speaker 8: It's like, clearly Ben just loved that movie. Yeah, so I do it.
Speaker 2: Later in the clutching, that's.
Speaker 8: What it is.
Speaker 1: Ta Panga assures them, I, for one, do not need a piece of paper to know when to butt out. Corey scoffs, and I do. His friends shoot at Mclair and he admits, all right.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 1: Angela breaks it down. We love you both, and we appreciate everything you've tried to do, but this is the best for all of us, and with that she leaves. Sean gets up to exit too, but Corey stops him. He asks if Shawn's all right with this and Sean quickly responds, yes, I'm fine. He adds that both he and Angela actually have dates tonight. Sean Hunter has been out of circulation for far too long. He's back. He's excited, and he's ready to rock and roll. And you do a little shimmy while you're.
Speaker 2: Friend.
Speaker 1: It's like the dance I do. When food comes, Corey and Tapega both look elated for him. Corey asks, where are you going to take her? Shawn's enthusiasm fades. I don't know who cares, and then we're at a restaurant that is not Chubbies, but it's definitely that Mexican restaurant that to Pega and Angela worked at.
Speaker 2: Sure was changed up a little bit, Sure was.
Speaker 1: So it's a double date Corey and Tapanga with Sean and his date. But Sean is slumped over the table, looking absolutely miserable, almost sleeping. Sean unenthusiastically tells his friends, I want to thank you guys for bringing us here. I'm having a really good time. His date earnestly responds, yeah, me too. I was nervous about going out with Sean at first because I heard he just ended a long relationship and I thought he'd be a drag. She grabs Sean's hand, but he doesn't even move to Banga says he's not usually like this, and Corey calls him a ton of fun. Sean lets out a sad groan, and Topanga begs her fiance to talk to him. Corey quickly shakes Sean up right and asks, what's the matter. And then we just have two scenes going on as if we're not all sitting at.
Speaker 2: The same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's this tushy dance scene where it's like, even though Rachel is two inches away, nobody sees nobody.
Speaker 7: That's also happening in the birthing class too a little bit. There's like a conversations, you know, It's like it's such a it's just a seatum cheat stum cheat.
Speaker 1: Sitcum cheat. If the camera's not on it, they can't hear it.
Speaker 2: Yes, you might as well be one hundred miles away. Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Sean sadly admits I'm a little blue. Then he nervously asks it doesn't show, does it. Corey tries to be encouraging. No, No, you're the life of the party friend. Everybody's thrilled to be with you. Meanwhile, Seawn's date asks Topanga, is it me? It can't be me. I'm adorable. Tapega responds in a baby voice, you are. You're as cute as can be. His date figures out he must have really loved this girl, and Topanga responds with I can't discuss it. I'm under a restraining order. On the other side of the table, Sean has passed out again. Corey pokes his head to get him up, but Sean doesn't budge. Corey wines, he used to be so good at this. You were the king. He looks at the girls and emphasizes he was the king.
Speaker 2: He was the king.
Speaker 1: Corey cuddles with on for a moment, then something catches his eye. He whispers to Sean, would it make you feel any better if I told you that Angela is in the same place you are? Sean shrugs, maybe a little. In response, Cory yanks him upright, telling him to cheer up because Angela is in the same place he is. And we see Angela near the hostess booth with her date, and this sends Sean's scurrying to his date. He grabs her chair and wings This is a big moon like one.
Speaker 4: Yeah strong, but he pulled her all the way over next to you in one pole that was well done.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, I remember that. I was just like, whoa, Yeah.
Speaker 4: The people might be yelling at their radios when I asked this question. But we never see Chubbies or peg like Pete's again, right.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, No, that's done, Okay, I gone era.
Speaker 7: Well wait did we go back to Chubbies in like the final episode at all?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I don't We'll find out.
Speaker 2: I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 1: So, I says Fioenie. If the sun never sets on the British Empire, when do they watch Letterman? He lets out an obnoxious laugh, with Corey going on and on until Angela and her date walk up.
Speaker 2: He goes, he goes to the hole. The hole is always do that?
Speaker 7: I do the same thing, like, I'm like, yeah, he always his.
Speaker 2: Hose, hands on the chest for the hose.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Corey notices her, Oh, it's going to be a long night to Pega jumps in Angela. Of all the restaurants in Philadelphia, you chose this one. We don't have that many restaurants.
Speaker 4: We've already got Yeah, you chose the restaurant we go to.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Angela nervously responds, what a coincidence, Then she remembers to introduce her date.
Speaker 2: Ron.
Speaker 1: Sean stands up to shake his hand and introduces his date, Kelly, and to Panga and Corey. Then he introduces Kelly once again. To really get the point across, Sean says he understands they have a potentially embarrassing situation here, but he hopes they can all be mature and have a wonderful time. He looks at his ex and calmly states Angela, it's always good to see you. Ron seems like a great guy. He tells them to enjoy themselves and once more introduces Kelly his date. Angela responds, you too, Sean. Nice to meet you, Kelly. Then she and Ron walk away. Tepeka immediately tries to do some damage control with Kelly. You see how much fun Sean can be. She agrees, Yeah, that's the Sean I heard about. Corey uh looks to lessen the tension. What a crazy world, huh. He then reassures Sean, but don't you worry. You handled that like a prince because you're the King of Dating. We are all going to have a good tie And as Corey continues his pep talk, Sean slowly slumps back down onto the table and lets out another awful groan. Corey caresses his friend and looks at the girls. It's going to be a long night long.
Speaker 2: And I thought it could have. The better joke would have been he was the King.
Speaker 8: The King.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, that is a better joke than We're in the apartment. Eric is sitting on the couch reading Your Pregnancy and You the Complete authoritative Guide. He yails out to his roommates. Check this out. It says here, the uterus has accordion like folds that can expand to accommodate a baby up to twenty two pounds. Man, women are so lucky. Meanwhile, Rachel and Jack are sitting at the island eating cereal. Jack is grossed out. He reminds Eric he's eating. Eric ignores his disgust. It also says here, when a woman breaks her water, she's actually lost her mucus.
Speaker 4: Plug, which, I is the only thing about childbirth I still know that. I tell people I had no idea where I knew that from, Like, oh, did she pass her mucus plug and then I watch I was like, oh, this.
Speaker 2: Is where I got it.
Speaker 1: Remember when I was pregnant, will saying to me, you still got your mucus pod?
Speaker 2: I did, yes, Will.
Speaker 1: Well. The inmates in the audience grown at that one. Jack buries his head in his hand and Rachel drops her spoon. Endurable, I'm done. Eric can't believe what he's reading, pro Creation Man. Who knew? Then there's a knock at the door. It's Alan. Eric is overjoyed to see him and shows off his book. How cool is it that you and mom get to go through this again? This baby stuff is so great. Alan hands' son a pamphlet he wants his opinion. Eric guesses what is it? Cribs, diapers, car seats. He looks at the cover and his tone quickly shifts. You got motorcycles. That's great. I'm trying to bring a new life into the world and you're picking out a hog. The sarcasm in Eric's voice doesn't deter Allan, who flips to his favorite page so he can show Eric the wide Glide he has his eye on. After a few upgrades, he plans on installing motorcycle Talk Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all these.
Speaker 6: Too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a big bike guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he says he's going to hit the Highway to Hell. Eric pretends to be enthused and then asks his dad how old are you? Alan answers forty one and corrects himself forty three.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Did that freak anybody else?
Speaker 4: Help?
Speaker 2: Yeah, figure me out.
Speaker 1: That's exactly how old I am. And I was like, yeah, I'd also be having a midlife crisis if somebody told me I was about ready to have a newborn.
Speaker 2: Five years older than him.
Speaker 4: I'm five years older than Rusty was when he he was in this episode.
Speaker 2: That freaked me out for like, I paused it and was like, oh my god.
Speaker 7: So that means that Eric, Because then the other thing that freaks me out is Eric is drinking a beer in this episode nod.
Speaker 2: No true beer. Beer. It says your beer. Yeah. Because I was.
Speaker 8: I was like, oh, is Eric twenty one?
Speaker 7: And then I was trying to do the math of like if he's forty three, he they must have had kids, you know, but they still had kids very early.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Eric is probably twenty one now two closed, that'd be my guess, okay, or third year.
Speaker 2: I think they had him. I think they had Eric when they were twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: I think that was kind of the plan, was that that that's what they talked about as they had him early.
Speaker 2: But then Alan would have still been in the navy.
Speaker 1: Right, we don't know where's the summer of love? Yeah, exactly, so, Eric states the obvious. Don't you see what you're going through? This is your Middle East crisis? Alan middle age crisis, but assures him he's not going through anything. He just wants a Harley. Jack pipes up. My dad went through the same thing. Rachel nods me too. He got hair transplants and tried out for the real world. Alan scoffs, I'm not going through anything. Jack's heard this before. That's exactly what my dad said right before he smashed up his Ferrari. Alan waves them off. Your fathers are silly. He turns his attention back to Eric, asking if he should or should not get ape hangers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Eric tries to get a word in, but Alan makes loud revving noises and simulates writing Jack.
Speaker 8: Jack, and he's talking about his stepdad.
Speaker 2: Who's her stepdad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he does say that's what my dad said.
Speaker 4: I know well, because he called his dad his dad because his dad is the one who raised him.
Speaker 2: I think they always referred to his desk stepdad is det.
Speaker 8: So interesting because then I think the next episode he's like crying over Chet nine. Right, Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So Eric finally stands up in childs pull the bike over.
Speaker 2: Wait I'm sorry, Wait a second.
Speaker 4: So then who because it's the checks his dad, but different different moms.
Speaker 2: Right, So Chet's his dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. He calls his stepdaddy. I think here he says, my dad. That's exactly what my dad said right before he smashed up his ferrari. So he calls his stepdad his dad because we know Chet didn't have a ferrari.
Speaker 2: It's just interesting.
Speaker 8: They wouldn't have just said my stepdad or so.
Speaker 4: The girl, so the woman that Check got pregnant with Jack Chet leaves. She marries another guy that becomes Jack's stepdad, who raises him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he says when he the first time he says it, my dad went through the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's just calling his stepdad his dad. But yeah, he's confusing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because Chet didn't have a Ferrari, No, no, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Eric finally stands up in childs pull the bike over. Alan finally quits the endine noises, and Eric asks, can I give you some tough love? I think you're crazy. Rachel decides to mediate for Alan. I think we're all pretty sure about what's going on here. And it's okay. Jack ads, you're not alone. It's perfectly natural. Eric admits they're right, because with every day, with every breath, you're one step closer to me.
Speaker 8: This struck me.
Speaker 7: It's a little weird, like just that the three younger people are like so like accepting and reasonable and knowledgeable about mid life.
Speaker 4: Like I don't know, it's just it's also it's just a strange character thing. It's it's Alan is in there with Eric and Jack and Rachel.
Speaker 2: It's a strange pairing of everybody.
Speaker 7: If I could like rewrite the scene, I would have it be that like Eric and and Alan are sort of both into motorcycles and having, you know, and then you have like Jack be the one person just pick one character to like I've been through this with my dad, or order.
Speaker 1: To keep it super stereotypical and sexist, have all three of the guys totally far obsessed with the motorcycles. Forlan to be like, I've seen this before my.
Speaker 4: Dad, the person who should be having this conversation with him is mister Feenie.
Speaker 2: I mean, this.
Speaker 4: Should be a Feenie Alan scene and it should Corey standing by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might that.
Speaker 8: That's a really good call. I bet you there was.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what it was supposed to be, because that's what that's the scene is Alan and Feenie.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what you want, right You're absolutely right. This should have been Alan going out and showing Feenie the pamphlet and for.
Speaker 8: I swear that that makes so much more.
Speaker 1: Sense right now. Yeah, and you're thinking to yourself, I haven't lived and you know, Alan cuts him off.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to cheer me up? Here?
Speaker 1: Rachel takes over again. She tells Alan he doesn't need a motorcycle to make him feel younger. He's having a baby. There's nothing that could make you feel younger than that. Jack agrees for the next eighteen years, that little tiger is going to keep you running day and night. Eric ads you're not to have time for motorcycles and fast cars and nose rings. You've got a new little life coming into the world's and who's going to be counting on you. Alan hangs his head in shame, and Eric yells grow up. Alan retorts, I am grown up. I'm so grown up. I don't know if I can do this again. Jack shrugs, Sure you can. He did a great job two times before. Eric correcson, that's three, but Jack stands firm. I said what I said. Alan tells them that things are different now he's different, he's older. Alan starts to pace the room. When Eric was born, he really looked forward to running around and playing baseball and football. He slumps onto the floor. I really look forward to being more than a father to you. I look forward to being your friend, which I think I am. Eric nods, of course you are, so, Alan wonders, so what am I going to be to this new kid. I'm just going to be his old man. I'm just going to be his old man, Eric, Jack, and Rachel look at him with concern until Eric eventually starts to nod along with an agreement, assuming that was not what Yeah, I think that was just that, and the audience laughs along, probably because they had seen it two other times before and that hadn't happened, and now this time you did it and they laugh. So we're back at the restaurant. Angela and Ron seemed to be having a great time together. Then we see Sean, who's laser focused on their date instead of his own. Corey tells him he has to stop looking at Angela, and Sean says, I think she's having a good time to Panga tells him the hard truth. She's just trying to move on with her life. So should you? Kelly decides to suggest something. They're starting the karaoke contest? Do you want to sing? Sean immediately dismisses it. I appreciate the offer, but I have a no karaoke policy. And I thought, in this moment that was very funny because you married the queen of karaoke in real life. Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah. This is also when Susan said a line that just hit my ear so strangely. She said, do you remember the last time you and I did karaoke together? I said no, not at all. She said it was you and me and Ben Savage together a carpenter's birthday party.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's the strangest sentence I've heard in a very long time.
Speaker 4: I guess we just found a booth the three of us and started singing at her birthday party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said, we were singing Journey songs. I don't remember it at all.
Speaker 1: So funny. So here we go, guys, Well we hear a woman announced, let's give a warm captain Randy's Coco logo. Welcome to our first contestants, Angela and Ron. Everyone cheers for the couple except for Shawn and Corey. Sean looks at Kelly and quickly decides let's put big out a song. They dart to the song list as Angela and Ron begin the Shoop Shoop song.
Speaker 7: And how this is the ensoorceablement kiss logic of boys everything.
Speaker 8: That's so funny. I was like, oh my god, of course they picked this song.
Speaker 1: Yep, they sound great. Everyone watches on with amusement, while Sean Death stares at the duo.
Speaker 4: Wait a second, could this be why they added you making out in the beginning.
Speaker 2: Because the song in his Kiss?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so maybe that's why they just threw in random shots of you guys kissing because the song is now it's in his kiss.
Speaker 8: That's a good point. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Angela and Ron continue to sing and have a great time until we transition to Corey and to Penga taking the stage to Penga looks at the screen and asks, Cory, are you sure this is the right song for us. Corey warms up with a little head roll and responds, you heard Angela and Ron. If we want to win this, we must sing something dramatic.
Speaker 2: Oh so good to.
Speaker 1: Penga knows, but she doesn't think this is the right song for them. Corey asks if she wants to win, and she admits, of course she does, she just doesn't think they're the right people to express this particular sentiment. Mind here, it's a beautiful song and they're gonna sing it. He then tells Captain Randy to hit it. The music starts and Corey aggressively shouts wah. Then Topanga follows it up with a very unenthused huh yeah. Corey continues to sing screen and you guys are so what is it good for?
Speaker 8: Absolutely nothing?
Speaker 1: To Benga is giving absolutely nothing, absolutely nothing? Say it again? Good god you all.
Speaker 2: You guys this Cory and Topanga.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Banga, it's so great. This is a great Cory and Topanga. Corey stops mid performance, this is all a big joke to you, righte to beengo, and then they both angrily exit the stage, and then we flip over to Kelly and Sean on stage. They've chosen I've Got You Babe by Sonny and Cher and Kelly, who has a beautiful voice, kicks it off and then Sean joined in and he also sounds amazing. They're killing it now. Writer, was this one of the first times you sang since you had done limiz pretty much? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do have a no karaoke policy in life, so me too, do you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm trying to get over it. I'm gonna. I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: I've been practicing, like literally practicing songs, and I'm like, this sucks that because we have karaoke all the time, like my wife does it at home.
Speaker 8: We have parties, like we're always and I'm always.
Speaker 7: Like the guy not singing because I'm just you know, it sucks that I have this like hang up about it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, conscious bad because you have to do a beautiful voice.
Speaker 7: Well it's not good, thank you, but no, I think they digitally altered my voice here. Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty sure that. Yeah, yeah, I mean really yeah, yeah, I remember it being a struggle. The hard part from me was harmonizing, you know, like the coach being like because I had harmonized with her and I kept matching her notes and he kept it was like that was a struggle. So I was so worked up about that, Like, you know, when I was singing my stuff, it was fine.
Speaker 8: But she also changed the key. She and she was smart.
Speaker 7: I think she said, like, riter, your voice is going to sound better if it's a little higher.
Speaker 8: So she like knew everything about music, and like.
Speaker 2: Would you say she was in a band.
Speaker 8: She was definitely a singer.
Speaker 7: She was on California Dreams.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she's definitely a singer in real life.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: She was a great a good one.
Speaker 2: She was great.
Speaker 7: But yeah, so she was really helpful in support. I don't know, I just have to hang out. Like it's such a you know, just having done lambiz and never really feeling comfortable as a singer and then the pressure to like be good. I just internalized that way too much, right, So I enjoys it because it's fun, you know, when.
Speaker 1: You when you go sing karaoke at a place like this, do they do a contest and there's a winner?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah, I was like, when did this become out of in the day?
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know, I mean maybe there are places.
Speaker 2: That do that. Then is it just an applause meter, because then it's just popularity contest.
Speaker 1: Something I don't I don't know why they I don't know why any why why a karaoke place would actually do a winner or a loser, because it feels like it would just scare people off. Jensen says there are plays, says it was a thing, so I guess you know.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh. In the audience, we see Angela and Ron watching She's not hiding her jealousy, while Corey and Tapanga are admiring the duet. As they start the second verse, Kelly grabs Sean's hand and he's instantly uncomfortable. He can't bring himself to even continue singing. He apologizes to Kelly, he can't do this. We see Angela watching her hard.
Speaker 4: And you storm off another you can't do this, and storm off yet another stage poetry singing.
Speaker 8: It's like I can't just overwhelmed.
Speaker 1: Well, Kelly, so hard, very understanding. Yeah, it's okay, Maybe we can try another time, and they both walk off the stage.
Speaker 2: She should have said, that's okay, maybe we can try another time. This happened lots of guys.
Speaker 4: Pitch doesn't matter, happens to lots of guys.
Speaker 1: We're in the birthing class. Eric is still Jessica's partner, and Amy and Allen are right next to them, listening to the instructor. Each parent is holding a toy baby and learning how to properly burp their child. Everyone begins practicing correctly, except Eric, who smacks the baby in the back and sends its head flying off. Heals to the instructor miss mind broke. He then asks Jessica to hand him the head. Meanwhile, Alan's complaining to Amy that he knows how to burp a baby, he doesn't understand what they're doing.
Speaker 2: There valid fair Fair.
Speaker 1: As the class continues to practice, Jessica loudly exclaims, oh my god. Eric asks what's wrong. His partner reveals, I think my water broke. Eric yells again, miss mine broke, I mean my partner, her water just broke. He starts to freak out, this is real.
Speaker 2: What do we do.
Speaker 1: The instructor loses it too.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm filling in for my sister. All I know is burping diapers and he he he. Alan jumps in, completely calm and collected. He tells Eric to go get in the car, and then he helps Jessica to her feet and asks if she's okay. He instructs someone to call Saint Vincent's and tell them they'll be there in about five minutes.
Speaker 2: Love Rusty, Love Rusty is so good.
Speaker 1: We're in the student union. Sean is pouting on the couch as we hear a sad acoustic guitar playing in the background. Of course, Cory and Tapanga arrive and take a seat next to their friend. Tapanga reminds Sean that first dates after a breakup are always difficult. Things will get easier, but Shawn disagrees, no, it won't. Let's face it, there's something wrong with me. Corey says, there's nothing wrong with him. You're obviously hurting over Angela and it's going to take time. Topanga assures him that when he's ready to meet someone new, he will, and Sean says, I don't want to meet somebody new. I'd screw that up too, guys, it's me he had something great and he killed it. Seawan's convinced he's never going to have a real relationship like Corey and Tapanga. He calls himself not normal. Cory and Tapanga laugh that off. They're not normal either, they're freaks. Tapanga agrees, we're freaks who've loved each other since we were two. Sean admits they're being friends. It's a.
Speaker 8: Romp that's taking itself very seriously right now.
Speaker 2: But yes, that's a serious wrong.
Speaker 8: It's a serious wrong.
Speaker 2: It's a romp.
Speaker 1: Sean admits that being friends with them has shown him how great it is to have a relationship, but he doesn't know how to do that. What if he's incapable of loving somebody and writer to agree with exactly what you said before when we were talking about our overall thoughts, I even though yes, this is very serious and will I also had the exact same thought, like, dude, you're the one. You just had the opportunity to get back together with her, and you still said, no, what are you complaining about? At least we are getting to a place where Sean is capable of saying, I feel different than other people. I don't. I just feel like something's different with me and I want to be alone, maybe more than most people do, and I don't really know what it is like. At least we're getting closer and closer to him being able to express that totally. Tapega calls that crazy, but Sean's pretty convinced. It's hard being around the two of them. Corey doesn't know what he wants them to do, and Sean says, nothing, It's not you, it's me, Corey. For the first time, I'm realizing how different we really are. Corey's had a loss for words. Sean says he just needs time. He's got to be alone. He lets out a soft chuckle and points out, I am alone. I think maybe that's something that's bothering us a little bit too, is that it'd be one thing if if what Sean's expressing is unlike you guys, I actually love being alone, right, I love being alone so much. I can't even get myself to be in a relationship with someone I love. I love her, but like, I don't like commitment, and I don't you know, and I don't know why i'd like But instead, he's sad about being alone too, but also needs and wants to be alone.
Speaker 8: And so yeah, I don't know. It's just it's kind of whatever drama.
Speaker 7: We need it, do, you know, Like that's why I wish that, like it was more clear, Like Sean came to college and felt pressure to sleep around, like if that he's like I want to date other people and then started doing that and then missed Angela. And it's like I can understand to those impulses, especially at that age, right It's like, oh, I want to live life and be able to date a bunch of people, but I'm also actually really in love with this one person. I can't possibly be committed at this age. But that's never articulated or played out, and that would make a lot of sense. And that's sort of agony of being like, well, I want Angela, but I also want to be Like that's totally understandable. Everybody feels that, you know, but instead they leave it in this vague like something's wrong with me, and I don't know it's getting there. I think in the next couple episodes it'll be articulated and it'll make sense and and maybe that was a plan all along and it's totally just good, you know, slow planted seeds in the writing, maybe, but it's hard to watch because so much of the conflict has been driven by this unspeakable angsty like just get it, let it out and I and this is an. It's nice that Sean is at least saying like, I know something's off, you know whereafore it was just like something's off and I can't talk about it and run away. At least now we're articulating like I'm yes, something's broken, like and that's a better Yeah, that's a better scene.
Speaker 8: That's a better approach to the character.
Speaker 1: I think it is. It's also a lot more interesting to see somebody just outright say something is wrong with me and I don't know what it is, but I get to get to the bottom of it alone instead of just being like, don't man, just stay away.
Speaker 2: Well, it's active acting.
Speaker 7: It's active versus inactive, right, Like if yeah, it's it's just yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we're back at the apartment, Eric, Amy, and Allan all burst through the door looking extremely happy. Rachel and Jack ask if everything's okay, and Amy is grinning from ear to ear. Everything's more than okay. She's the mother of a beautiful baby girl. Eric proudly pats his dad on the back, and she's got this man right here to thank for it. Alan tries to be humble, but Eric reminds him that he knew just what to do. Alan shakes his head. I didn't do anything. She was in trouble. Eric clarifies, I wasn't talking about her. I meant me. I was petrified. You saw me. I was frozen there. Man, he's proud of his dad.
Speaker 7: Pretty funny that a guy gets all the credit for a woman. Yes, that's a very boy meets world thing to make a give what a hero. It's all cow Earth is super easy. It's been happening, familiar. He boiled the water.
Speaker 8: He told somebody to call the hostage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, Alan, Yep.
Speaker 1: He did it.
Speaker 7: I mean I get it in terms of the story, like, yes, it's great, but it is very.
Speaker 8: Boy meets world.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, logic.
Speaker 1: He is proud of his dad. You knew what to do, like always, and you're going to do that for the new baby too. Rachel adds, a very lucky new baby to have a dad like you. Alan nods, I hope so. Jack slyly asks, so are you still getting the new Harley because I was thinking about borrowing it. Alan jokes, sorry, Jack, you can borrow my station wagon. Jack sarcastically explains how the women will really love that. Amy decides to ask, so this midlife crisis has always been about the baby, right, Alan confesses, There's never been a question about how much I want that baby. I'm just worried about how much the baby is gonna want me. He's afraid he'll be too tired to teach him to play catch or how to ride a bike. Maybe they won't have enough energy to run around with him like they did with the other kids. Eric asks, you think that's what makes you a good father. Yeah, you taught me how to swing a bat, but any little league coach could do that. It was more important that you were there for me after I struck out. He made me feel better. You were always there for me to help me get through stuff, just like you did today. Eric says he'll never be too old to do that. Alan pauses for a moment. I know I'll never be too old to give my son a hug. Eric jokingly tries to refuse it, but Alan pulls him in anyway. Rachel decides to propose a root beer toast to new baby. He's everywhere.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, that's what happens.
Speaker 1: And they all cheers, and Eric ads and the older ones.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think you did too.
Speaker 2: I think so funny.
Speaker 1: That's cute, little little button. And then we're in the student union. Everyone is gathered around and Eric is enthusiastically talking about Jessica's new baby. You guys should have been there. It was a miracle.
Speaker 2: Then he's the room, very catually in the room actually delivered.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 2: Did this scene make me think so?
Speaker 1: I think truly what happened was Eric Alan got them to the hospital safely, but Eric still helped her deliver the baby. You were still the partner.
Speaker 2: So I bit the umbilical corse.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what you do. Yeah, you pulled the baby out and then bit through the umbilical home and in your mouth like a cherry stack, like.
Speaker 2: You chose them that you're getting the party. Yeah, And then Eric the girl was born.
Speaker 1: Yes. Then he declares I want at least five kids. Jack nearly chokes five, I want like one, maybe two. Rachel admits I want five, and Jack immediately flips the switch.
Speaker 2: So do I and do we.
Speaker 1: Think this is them? Hinting that there is actually some form of relationship going on between the two of them.
Speaker 8: Really, I don't think they were together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think yet.
Speaker 4: Because I think it's they I think we do an episode specifically about that, at least the best storyline, specifically about where they cross the line from friend to love.
Speaker 2: I don't think we've seen that yet, and we know we haven't seen that yet, But I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think Eric walks into them just making out. I think the episode shows them PROGRESSI.
Speaker 1: Having their first moment of relationship.
Speaker 2: I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Angela, who has brought Ron along, chimes in. She says to Panga wants kids as soon as she gets married. Corey quickly does the math. Wait a minute, it takes nine months to have a baby. We're getting married in nine months? We are When did we discuss the last time? This time we talked about this was that we're gonna wait and we'll let you know when we decide. So we're getting married in nine months. What it's the first time? Exactly, ABC, We're getting.
Speaker 2: Married and getting married, that's all. We're getting married.
Speaker 1: He looks at to Panga and giggles, I better go brush my teeth to plank to Panga plays along. Oh, they all have a laugh as we see Sean walk up to the back door, but he stops short. He sees his friends and that jerk ron having a blast. Instead of joining them, he decides to walk away, and then we're in the tag. We're in the restaurant.
Speaker 8: Do you think this was the original tag?
Speaker 7: Or do you think this was a result of rehearsals and just you guys messing around?
Speaker 6: Question?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't result.
Speaker 8: Of just.
Speaker 2: It also doesn't really make it.
Speaker 1: I mean, this really would could be out takes from the scene because it doesn't make Why are we back singing the same song?
Speaker 4: And they just let you guys keep going, which is my favorite thing. It's just Ben's dancing.
Speaker 8: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: You heard the same clothes, aren't you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think they just decided to make this attack because rising and it was so funny.
Speaker 1: We are back in the karaoke night scene and Corey and Tapanga are on stage singing War, but this time Tapanga is just as into it as Corey. We watch as Ben and I have fun on stage, singing, ad libbing and dancing with an over the top performance making each other break and uh, yeah, I's.
Speaker 8: But you don't remember that. Huh, you don't remember having fun.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the fun part of it. I just remember, and I think what I remember about this the having fun part of it, is it being I think the fact that we were breaking was actually a problem while we were shooting, and so even though I was laughing and we were breaking, the feeling I had was like, we really need to get it together because because it's causing a problem and yet not, you know, not really being able to control it. So I don't but you know, maybe my memory is just wrong, and maybe my memory is that I took on a lot of the other stress from other people's scenes and singing, and maybe this was always the plan and Ben and I did just have a great time up there, and for whatever reason, the only thing I was left with was a stressed feeling instead of the fun feeling. So it's entirely possible that my memory is.
Speaker 7: Wrong, because my memory is that you and Ben had a fun week. Okay, like that, I remember laughing NonStop at what you guys were doing, and all the rest of everybody else very stressful week, like I remember feeling, you know, and watching it back, I was like, man, I just was nervous about the singing and about everything. It was just a lot. There was a lot going on, and to see it back, I was like, that's right. Ben and Danielle were just laughing, having so much fun with it. So I don't know that's my memory, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well, thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod meets World Show at gmail dot com and we have.
Speaker 2: Merch merch huh what is it good for? Absolutely everything? Fine again?
Speaker 8: Absolutely abs, say again, plait it again.
Speaker 1: Podmeets Worldshow dot com will send us out.
Speaker 2: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 4: Pod Meets World is nheart podcast producer and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong Executive producers Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara Sudbaksh, producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon, and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show or email us at Podmeets World Show at gmail dot com.