Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor sat De Montree More and Newek Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Here we are top of the Players Lounge right here, Dallascowboys dot Com s w C podcast studios. Here we got four people in the house. Now we're ride with three Amigo negroes. Where we're adding the fourth betrays back from his.
Speaker 4: Go yeah A and M. Tiger Woods is here.
Speaker 2: What's a shoot your shoes?
Speaker 5: Here? What's your shoot? Good enough? A nuance? That's the nuance. I'm for fellowship.
Speaker 4: You lose no money, that's all. I mean, money in your pocket.
Speaker 6: And if not, you know, with everything the way it's looking, Berry's gonna be putting some money in my pocket or at least food in my stomach.
Speaker 4: Barry Church is here.
Speaker 3: The three gentlemen all played the National Football League got new struts.
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 3: This show is brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Week one done because the Vikings came back and beat the man in Chicago last night and everyone has played. Week one is in the books, gentlemen. Just the thoughts go around the table of watching Week one.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I thought it was unreal.
Speaker 7: I feel like every game was like a nail bite from the start off. On Sunday, you had you know, the Pittsburgh and the chests, Aaron Rodgers went back in time.
Speaker 2: Was throwing the rock all over the place.
Speaker 7: You had the game with the Cowboys game in Philadelphia on Thursday Sunday Night Will, which was unreal. The Buffalo versus Baltimore. I almost was like, I'm going to save. It's forty to twenty five, I'm passing, three minutes left, four minutes left.
Speaker 2: Glad.
Speaker 7: I didn't go to sleep because because that was I mean, Josh Allen put on his cape and did his thing. But once again the collapse of Baltimore. But we talked about that yesterday and then you had the game yesterday with what was it the Chicago and Minnesota and Chicago. Man, if I'm a Chicago fan right now, I'm like, man, what's going on? Man? Because I mean, you think you got your guy and it's still early, it's still early. But my guy, I mean, he feels like he's always just trying to I'm talking about Kayle William Williams. He's just always out there trying to backyard football. And you can't out athlete guys in the league. Everybody's past, everybody's athletic. You gotta have some rhythm to you, and they didn't have any at all. They let JJ McCarthy, a guy who hasn't even slipped the football field come in there. Fourth quarter looked like John l Ways scrambling through the end zone throwing touchdown passes. I'm like, man, what is going on? So if I'm a Chicago fan, I'm kind of upset right now. But overall, that was a great weekend of football.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was a good weekend. Listen the game last night so disrespectful. Did I go not you?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no. I was talking about you. I was talking about what his take.
Speaker 8: No game last night was a good game, and I did not expect to see that comeback in the second half. McCarthy was out there. The commentators was even saying like, Okay, Minnesota's defense is going to have to get advantageous here because we see the limitations of the quarterback. And come the fourth quarters as he would say he got his Danny dimes or.
Speaker 2: He got in the in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 8: And just like you said, it seemed like to me watching Caleb and realizing how many sacks, how many times he was sacked last year, I can't remember thember off the top of my head, but it was something like fifty plus if not more. Yeah, yeah, and just watching how long he just like you said, he's trying to make every play big play. It seems like all the time old the ball I'm trying to gets uncovered. And so just with that, like you know, I see where his struggles are going to continue to lie until he just starts to understand like hey, I got take what they giving me a little bit more, you know. But just like you said, man, it was it was good first week of football. Every game, I mean, starting with the Cowboy game. I mean it just it was a ride all the way through and it was it was awesome first week, right, It was very.
Speaker 6: Good first week. It was competitive, but you are disrespectful, like you about who you like you're talking about JJ, Like this man wasn't once the guy they said before injuries, like what he was projected and the way that he was playing like some some Vikers fans might say that he lived up there his potential. I'm just saying, may we all get we all get paid, We all what round did to get drafted in Okay.
Speaker 5: Then, so, like you said.
Speaker 6: There's some team out there that says, hey, I believe in him. He's still that guy and the way that he played, like I love, I love to come back.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying, you can't. You can't, you can't speak to you can't tell.
Speaker 6: You can't be sitting here disrespecting people like they bruh. Until he pulled he has. He pulled the tree Lance ship bro.
Speaker 5: The man's never.
Speaker 4: Stepped on He's been injured.
Speaker 5: He's been injured.
Speaker 6: Now that he's healthy, guess what, he went out there and shoulder him like, hey, I'm out here making the stuff happen. I showed y'all why I was the first round pick. But I don't know all that to say that I'm not gonna lie. Watching the game, I thought the Bears turned the corner. I was like, hey, man, the Bears might actually be some kalas.
Speaker 5: Putting them on the back.
Speaker 6: And then all of a sudden, like you said, man, all I'm gonna say, is, man, you watch those fantasy drafts and all those reports and stuff like that, there was a guy name that was on there as a quarterback that was a sleeper, and the top two sleepers were him and that guy from the Patriots.
Speaker 5: So hey, there's a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people out there that made he that made those I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna play devil, don't I don't care and watch out it. Don't. Don't don't get disrespectful that.
Speaker 6: You get, you getting almost as disrespectful as him, because like.
Speaker 3: I had, I had one of your people when your your your club members telling me about the Bear's gonna be fine. They got that new pim and I was like, explains, why ain't won us is eighty five?
Speaker 4: Next thing you nobody?
Speaker 2: End of the night?
Speaker 4: Like ships your way to the l column.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, shait for that.
Speaker 3: I could, well, y'all let you walk, well, you walk right on into it.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna pick up from there, man, I'm pick up for that.
Speaker 3: How about the Dolphins coach Soul get worked over thirty three days, brother Soul, I mean, dude, the Dolphins man, and they're not looking good. I mean that was tragic. And then then the Lions getting eight up. I mean you talking about missing the coordinators because Ben Johnson's head coach Chicago, Aaron Glen's head coach and with the Jets, and you know, while both of those guys lost their games, they were competitive.
Speaker 4: I mean Lions, they looked like they didn't know what was going on. Green Bay walked them.
Speaker 5: Up.
Speaker 3: I mean every other game there was a competitive game. But those games.
Speaker 6: Show you how powerful they coordinators are, like the players.
Speaker 4: Well it makes you just okay, So what does Dan Campbell do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, motivator has always been said that He's never he's never been labeled a technician. He's never been the guy that comes in there with exens and those like. He's been a leader of men, which we said is the most important quality. Like you put, he put he did what great coaches do. He put a great system around him. He let them, his coordinators do what they did uninterrupted, and he was there to just galvanize the truth when he needed to. I mean, obviously he played football for a long ten year time to where he can add a little bitty insight. But it's like how long can motivation go? How how can you do this? And like I think it kind of not saying they got exposed. It's only the first game of the season, but it was one of those things like, ah, man, we really missed our coordinators.
Speaker 5: If that made sense.
Speaker 3: It makes when I saw that was my concern about them this year. I didn't pick to make the playoffs, like I think it's gonna be too much of a drop off. Now this week too, is really interesting because it is Chicago Detroit.
Speaker 4: So there's they're gonna bounce back.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll be saying line's gonna bounce back.
Speaker 3: But two, you know you can't both teams and.
Speaker 5: To the Bears, right.
Speaker 6: If so, if the Bears win that game, you think they're gonna be over there. I told y'all Week one was we showed y'all we had potentially middle I can't see it, man, going all I'm gonna say is going up there golf in this past week, like getting off the plane, I did not realize I and it might be a little forfest to say, but one this lady that was on the plane, she said, I've been saving up. I got my son in law going, I got my daughter going to the game, paid all this money, and she said I looked at my check book, and I started to realize that we're almost as bad as Cowboys fan. Like the way that these tickets are sold out. Everybody's talking about we're doing this. It's our year, she said. The last two years she's been trying to get tickets. And for her to tell that story, it was multiple fans. I guess obviously, because I'm big or whatever, everybody wants to talk to me randomly about football. But they're like, Yo, I'm going to the game. I'm going to the game. This is our year, and they have so much hopes that they were like, yo, we really built everything around Caleb now to where he's going to lead us to the Promised Land.
Speaker 4: So I got that hope on him.
Speaker 5: I hope right they coming to.
Speaker 6: Detroit after what Detroit did they You can't tell them that we just beat the playoff team.
Speaker 4: So here are the Bears right now?
Speaker 3: You think about it, Okay, you got to go face the Lions this week, and then after that, Maddi refluce the Cowboys coming to town.
Speaker 5: Three, that's all three whole man guarantee.
Speaker 2: You ain't coming out of that guarant What do you say, gar, I.
Speaker 4: Can't guarantee it.
Speaker 3: But that's if you shift this Cowboys right now, you've got the Giants and you got the Bears back back.
Speaker 5: You got it.
Speaker 4: You got four Green Bay comes.
Speaker 2: You gotta get both, right.
Speaker 4: You gotta be two and one. You need to be two and one after three weeks. It's all NFC opponents.
Speaker 5: That's what I said, like.
Speaker 4: They God, that's double down.
Speaker 6: You gotta get you need and you need that moment, that momentum and that confidence going into that backstretch, like we said, like they're they're gonna be going through the Gauntlands, so you want to you know how it is that the y'all y'all know you coming into the back season, like coach what the coaches say, they normally break down the season in like certain parts of where it say, hey, we need to do this and when you coming in. I've been a part of teams that started off zero and six, and I've been a part of teams that started off you know, seven and one, to where we're sitting here like, oh yeah, we got that confidence. It's a certain swagger to where you you not only you prepare for the game, but you create your own luck.
Speaker 5: If that makes sense. With that momentum.
Speaker 6: And so for the Cowboys coming through that backstret or these next two games, I think it's gonna be big. You go beat the Giants, you know, the Vision opponents, then like you said, the Bear and you're going to get all NFC Like it's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we know to their schedule is not favorable and like for anybody towards the back end of it anyway, So to actually get these dubs in the front part of it, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, they need some They got some must wins coming up here.
Speaker 3: So speaking of the back schedule, so the bye week is November nine, So starting on November seventeenth, it's a Monday night game at the Raiders. Saw the Raiders go to New England.
Speaker 5: Pete was going to be out them.
Speaker 4: Right, so gino out there. Okay, that's not that's not running back up.
Speaker 3: Then you get two straight home games, you get Philadelphia, then you get four day turnaround in Kansas City comes to town.
Speaker 4: Then you got to go to go to Detroit.
Speaker 3: The December fourteen game against Minnesota right now is an NBC Sunday night game.
Speaker 2: Then you face that's at home.
Speaker 4: Then you get a home game against the Chargers on the twenty.
Speaker 5: How about the Charger.
Speaker 3: Then you turn around in four days on Christmas Day to face the Commanders, and then the final game of the years at the General. So when you sit right now looking at this Eagles, Chiefs Lines, Vikings, Chargers, Commanders, Giants.
Speaker 7: You gotta rack them up. You gotta rack them up. That momentum verse eight, you gotta rack them up.
Speaker 3: So you got to do work, and you your September schedules, Eagles, Giants, Bears, Packers. You've got to handle that. October is a little interesting because you're at the Jets, then you're at Carolina home against the Commanders, and then you're on the road at Denver, and Denver is never an easy place to win.
Speaker 6: And they got he got some young some young bulls over there. My boy got signed bout Denver.
Speaker 8: By the way, they got one of the top corners, if not the arguably the top corner.
Speaker 6: And you got young bow knicks. I don't know, man, I like what I'm seeing from him. I don't care what nobody says. Like last year he was my sleeper. And then with Sean Payton down there, like the QB whisper, it's gonna be the same.
Speaker 3: You're putting it down for Bowt Nicks and JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm just saying, man, just be careful, Just be careful. You got that Sims boy over there, end of the what was it the last six game with a hundred plus. If I'm not second on the receiver, bro, they were gonna be tough. Man, Say what you want to say. I like my quarterbacks. What what you're making there? He is and looking over to the side.
Speaker 7: Not everything is a debate, Like not everything. You know, we're just going up here looking at the schedule.
Speaker 6: Group while I was gone. So I told you I came back ready today. I know I lost that statement that I made by my prediction. So I'm a little sensitive and I'm ready to go.
Speaker 5: My bad. I'm sorry. I put what Kevin Harsh said, I hosted.
Speaker 8: I lost.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: He's gonna take a break and then let let trade marinate on all the statements he's made.
Speaker 4: We missed you, brother, Thanks, brother said fighting.
Speaker 5: That's four.
Speaker 4: Very church tub new He scrugs.
Speaker 3: Plays louch bought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Doc.
Speaker 4: Hey, there Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a PROWN sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right.
Speaker 9: Now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 10: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP Crownroyal and the Dallascowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 11: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys Collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 6: To the Players Lounge Cowboys Nation. The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys schedule is officially here and limited tickets are available. You hurt that limited right now, go get them. Get ready to bring the noise as you watch your Cowboys live at at and T Stadium, the best stadium in the NFL, some would say, when they host the NFC East Rivals, Eagles, Giants, and the Commanders plus the Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings, Cardinals. You heard that, that is the gauntlet. Visit right now at Dallascowboys dot com, slash ticket or seak geek dot com, the official ticketing primary partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: After the first game, you think about the stars that are coming here for the home games here.
Speaker 4: The Packers obviously you got Michael.
Speaker 3: Jordan Love Rivalry, Commanders, you got got Jay Daniel, Terry mccorn, Kyler Murray Arizona coming here.
Speaker 4: Eagles you know Jayalen Hurts, Dark.
Speaker 3: Team Kansas City with Patrick Mahomes, JJ his guy j Trey crowning Rookie of the Year, Okay Joe.
Speaker 5: Sometimes, like Grandma used to say, you gotta let it marinate.
Speaker 4: And then the Chargers, your boy, your boy Justin Herbert coming.
Speaker 3: So I mean that's that. That is a big time home schedule of some players right here. So yeah, in the past out of my.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got him at home, but I mean the way they've been paying a couple these I mean, we home has been.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean, why wow, it ain't all Russ, but but Russ is a super Bowl winning quarterback. Jordan Loves come here, won a playoff game, Jay Daniels won the NFC championship. Last Kyler Murray's never lost to a T and T stadium. Jalen Hurst won a super Bowl, Super Bowl m v P. Patrick Mahomes got three super Bowls on his guy. JJ McCarthy's you know they about to make a him.
Speaker 4: Next to your dad.
Speaker 2: We go.
Speaker 5: I didn't say all that he got justin.
Speaker 4: Hrbar So that was the quarterbacks coming here.
Speaker 5: Man, it's defense.
Speaker 3: He is a first round pick and the national champion. I've seen JJ McCarthy play one time.
Speaker 2: One time that was TCU.
Speaker 4: Yes the bowl got picked off, lost the game. That's the only time I thought.
Speaker 5: We all we all seen them last night Prime Time.
Speaker 4: It was a college football playoff. First Texas team to go them last night Prime Time.
Speaker 5: What good? You're only good gets your last How good is your last rep? That's what they say, and the players loud, Hey, former players.
Speaker 6: What does the coaches say? The scout don't lie you on the goods your last report.
Speaker 5: Lie the only good is your last rep.
Speaker 6: A new coach, you know, man, let's talk about these giants.
Speaker 3: So let me let mess it. Who who they got this week? That you can go crown who I got this week?
Speaker 2: What's her name? Right? No?
Speaker 7: No, Chicago got the trick got the Falcons at home?
Speaker 8: Man, Man, momentum might go crazy. I saw I saw them Pinnix highlights. I saw them pics I like today as a matter of fact, because they was talking about him.
Speaker 2: And they should have won that game.
Speaker 7: They should have won to get them pretty good to get to see should have one against them.
Speaker 3: They beat them twice last year, so that that was a dog fight. It was in the locker room yesterday. Wanted to have a conversation with Javonte Williams, you know the two touchdowns that he had, just how he felt and for a running back to be a able to have a first game with a new offensive line, because you know, they do a whole lot in the preseason, so to have that be able to look and say, all right on tape, where's some things that could do differently? And so he says he has has a very good feel about what he can do. I ain't see Miles SAMs in the locker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't imagine.
Speaker 5: I bet I bet you did.
Speaker 6: It should be you should be out there getting some extra work in about Have they.
Speaker 7: Said anything about Blue maybe cracking the lineup this this week?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I just my mindset just kind of goes back to what shot he talked about. And you were around Pete Carroll just the whole compete every day, and he talked about, Hey, guys are gonna have to have good practices and make us give him, make us play him.
Speaker 6: So but that doesn't help you out there what just happened, Like, if we're being completely honest, if you didn't have those two key fumbles in the red zone and you got the best kicker in the nation, the nation back there, you if he would have just if we just took three points in those two situation.
Speaker 5: It's it's not saying that you single handed lost the game.
Speaker 6: We all know that the game doesn't come down, but those two fumbles down there, you would have won the game by.
Speaker 4: Two at least. It's a different it's a different contest.
Speaker 5: So I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just feel like how I guess it's when you watch the media and all these quotes and stuff like that, it's how much of the stuff that's being told without being told? Like you said, you don't know if Blue is going to crack the lineup this week?
Speaker 5: This week? Was that? Because how how much of the least does Miles have?
Speaker 6: Like do you sit there and say, hey, we give you one more week and you're out here because anywhere else in the red zone those two key fumbles.
Speaker 4: So stay with us as a player.
Speaker 3: Okay, so as a player, we look obviously at at the fumble, yes sir, But then when you guys are being judged and you go into your position groups, how much matters is to how did he play overall?
Speaker 4: Like how much do they take.
Speaker 3: That in and hey, look, you could have had high grades in other places except for this one thing detrimental?
Speaker 4: But how how to coach?
Speaker 5: You see these at.
Speaker 6: Least with I know for us, all the great defensive coordinators I've been around, they always tell you better have a racer, like you're gonna make mistakes in the game.
Speaker 5: It's just how big are those mistakes?
Speaker 6: Where those mistakes did you make a mistake backside to where a coach can say, hey, somebody made the play front side, but don't worry.
Speaker 5: About this next week. This is gonna help us.
Speaker 6: But then if you make a detrimental mistake, it's like in the moment, they're not gonna rip you, but when you come back in there, they're gonna say, hey, man, how much how many erasers did you have? Like if you had a major fumble, you better had at least two or three touchdowns, or you better have two or three explosive plays and not negative plays.
Speaker 5: If that makes it.
Speaker 7: But for the defensive side of the ball, it was, yeah, you might get be everybody gets beat, you know, receivers are out there, everybody's fast or talented. But when the coaches I was around, if if you got beat because of a mental mistake where you know, for whatever reason, you weren't locked in, like you had the wrong call and you it was a blown coverage, those seem to be more detrimental to the player than just hey, we lined up one on one and he got me, man, Like I was right there with him, step for step, but he got me.
Speaker 2: But those mental areas, those those are the ones.
Speaker 7: That gets you put on the bed, you consider that a show.
Speaker 2: That's a big one.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, no, no, that's definitely you know, like we always break it down, there was a talent or was a technique, you know what I mean, And so one thing about technique technique can always be you know, most times corrected, you know what I mean. But if it comes down to like just like you said, somebody just not being locked in or just like hey, like we said, they pros on both sides of the ball, you just lined up and just getting out talented, then that's that's that's when things get scary for everybody.
Speaker 3: So let me just I'm just trying to be be glass half full on this thing right here saying because I definitely looked at Thursday Nights to do you and CD Lamb were reasons why there was no dub four carries fifty three yards now he had the long was forty nine yards, so four carries fifty three yards he only had seven less rushing yards than Saquon Bark.
Speaker 4: Saquon had eighteen carries sixty yards in the game and a touchdown.
Speaker 3: So for a backup with four care I mean, if your backup running back is when we set up here and give you fifty three yards averaging thirteen point three.
Speaker 4: That ain't bad at all.
Speaker 6: Over the worst time, It's not bad.
Speaker 3: It was you know, the worst thing that happened to him was the fact that he got sucked up and caught by the line. But if you cut it back the other way, if we never have the fumble, but you know, out here getting realed in like this like a catfish, the.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 3: But so we say that, we say that, and then okay, well, I'm assuming if you put Jayson Blue in the game, you're gonna sit Sanders.
Speaker 4: Are you ready to do that? What did Sanders doing? Pass protection? That's why I say that.
Speaker 3: When you go in the room and the coaches breaks break the film down about what was happening here. Yes, the major thing was a turnover? What else did he do in a football game?
Speaker 8: Ahead and so and like he like he was saying earlier, like you know, like you and like you you mentioned, like what else did he did up until that point? Did he have a a game up to that point? Was you get everywhere else and everything? I say that and that that plays a big role in it too, like and did he make up for it? Later on if you get the opportunity to But then also like when you have a situation like that and the player doesn't get an opportunity to make up for it, and he can have a bomb game every week if he just makes the wrong mistake at the worst part of the time, worst part of the game, it's not gonna matter.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it's not about the place you makes, about the place you don't both of them out there.
Speaker 7: You can't have both of them out there because I don't know if either one of them play teams.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that, and that's what it's gonna come down to, Like you know as well as I do. If you're a starter, you get a little more leash you can do all this and that for you to be a backup, and like I said, make those big key mistakes. It's you gotta realize Jaden was a draft pick here like Bluke Blue is somebody you're you're the talent, and so people want to give them that shot. And it's like, don't give him that added fuel. And so now it goes upstairs that you asked in the room, like what do you do that makes up like you might have made those big key mistakes but let's say a guy like Miles Sanders was on special team and he made some really key blocks and he was a core player. Coach is gonna say, hey, this is one of our good special team core player.
Speaker 5: He made a miltital mistake. Let's give him extra shot.
Speaker 6: But now you can't all right, but now go back into this blue is gonna play special teams.
Speaker 3: We know Sanders has had the fumble issue in his career. That's been there, it's been there. But after one game, you saw some good, you saw some terrors, you saw something was terrible for you. But are you ready after one game to hit the jack button on a veteran playoff?
Speaker 4: And he's been on the roster. He was on the roster too, so he got his money, his money, his money, his money, his money is guaranteed.
Speaker 5: And I feel like that gives him the saving grace.
Speaker 6: But it's guys up there their job every week, every Tuesday, there is somebody coming in there getting your job even if you play good. And so for you not to play good the way that he did, and you already have that knock on on you in the past of your being a career fumbler, I think you have a shorter leash to where it's like we're not going to press the eject button. But what we're going to do is we're gonna have three active running backs this week. He's gonna get some type of touches we're gonna try to figure out and if he does hit on one of those.
Speaker 3: Thus you had three active unbacks last week. Well, don't forget your L boogie. I'm bad.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: There the three major horsemen that we've been trying to talk about, not L Boogie or this and that.
Speaker 5: We're talking about.
Speaker 6: Blue, Miles and Javonte. We know, we've seen what we got with Javonte Young. He looked like he rejuvenated his career. You got Miles that pretty much showed you he's done what he's done historically.
Speaker 5: Now you got a.
Speaker 6: Rookie, and you got not only one, you got two rookies that you could eventually like go like further down the depth chart and say, hey, let me just go see what these guys got.
Speaker 3: And so you know, during the break, I'll give you the list so you can see the substitutions of who was there, so you can go look, Okay, if you take Sanders out who do you put in? Is it people are saying that you want Blue out or do you want to get I mean one game? What would you if you add Blue to the roster? Do you keep Samers? And who do you take?
Speaker 4: I mean, just kind of an exercise and think about it.
Speaker 3: That to think about it, because these by the way of the decisions they have to make all the.
Speaker 4: Time, early in the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's early in the season. It's a home game against You cannot lose this game. This is as must win as you cannot fall over to That is a death knel for playoff hopes. And you cannot fall over to your division simply cannot happen. All right, more Cowboy Conversations Come on, anthey do said trait? More Barry Church on New Scruggs. This show brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 12: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 2: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 12: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients. And the Glada are smooth available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only.
Speaker 5: That's Smoothie Ken.
Speaker 4: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 13: It's game day and raising kames. If you want to order like a child. It's action off the field. You need to focus on. The only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season? We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade, all available to order online are on our app. Fine this season is about to be unbeatable, raising ca chicken fingers, one.
Speaker 14: Love, Hey Cowboy fans, Keith Davis here, former Cowboys Savy. You know what separates Champtons from the rest. Making the right move at the right moment. With blockchain dot Com That's never been easier. The Cowboys became America's team by striking bold when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invest like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: Are you a Cowboy super fan? The search is on for the twenty twenty five Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan Yo Ho Yo Hole now through September twenty ninth. Nominate the extraordinary NFL fan dynamic duo and the game changers who repped the Cowboys with pride, Yes, Sir, Ego, passion, all that and more turn every game day into an unforgettable adventure. You could be sent to Super Bowl sixty Inner to win. At NFL dot Com slash Fan of the Year, not yesterday, but to day right now, like a sap I work.
Speaker 3: That is Trey Moore getting it done for us right here on the players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. I'm gonna be scrutch. Trey Moore played in the league. Tony Dorset's son, Anthony Dorsett played in the league. You got Barry Church, he played in the league. So here we got this is the players lounge, and chop it up.
Speaker 4: Do what we do.
Speaker 3: So Trey, and we're talking about possibly putting Jayson Blue in the game, and we think that Sanders, Miles Sanders should get another crack despite that costly, dreadful, drastic fumble. Who sits if blues in who now goes to the bench on the substitution list and we already saw who also was inactive right there, So you got the whole list there.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm trying to figure out, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Where do you want to go short? Because you got you know, so you have you be adding four, you know, you add Blue.
Speaker 4: That means you have four running.
Speaker 5: Backs in the game.
Speaker 6: And unfortunately it's the Pecan order where they say youth wins all at the end of the day when you when you go into this is for me being a journey man towards the end of my career. Like you said, Barry, what you said at the beginning, you have to go in there. You've seen the depth chart. You knew who was going to get their swing, the big money contract guys. Then after that it was like, hey, as a veteran coming in, unless you had a certain amount of money guarantee, you knew that you were extendable. It's about what have you done for me lately? So what that man said, like with it being the early game, I think the one thing that has him with saving grace is a divisional game. You want to go with experience being early on, so you're going to give him another shot. But it's like you don't have that much of a shot. I don't know who you can really add after that. All these guys are unproven, But we got to go give somebody the opportunity.
Speaker 4: Who do you take out? You know, do you take out span forward?
Speaker 5: It tight end? Me take I'm gonna take out one of them tight ends for me.
Speaker 2: It's a one for one.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you're putting in the young boy in, you bring out take out Miles Sanders, and I wouldn't do it this early in the season. I give my guy another opportunity there. But also, I mean if the young man Blue, who we're thinking is, you know, home run hitter, a guy that can you know, explosive plays and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, if you if you want.
Speaker 7: That explosiveness, you know, take a page out of what they did a little bit last weekend.
Speaker 2: Let Turp get a little run in there.
Speaker 7: I mean, we've seen those players where they pitched them all the terms. You know, they give them jet sweeps. If you're looking for that explosiveness, that extra dynamic that Williams as good as he's been. Jamonte, he runs behind his path. He's a you know, bulldozer type of guy, but he's not bringing that explosive home run threat. If you want that, Turp get a little burning in there. But if we're talking about one for one, I'm definitely just supping them out. Because you got Blue, you can bring out Sanders, but I wouldn't do it this early.
Speaker 5: You can't do it.
Speaker 8: We got so they got the Giants this week in Chicago, after that in Chicago. But if you're going to do it you do it earlier in the season, then later the season with.
Speaker 5: Bringing them in.
Speaker 8: So, like like you said, you give Sanders another opportunity this this week. I think he's earned that. He's a Vet's he's you know, he's he's proved that he can bounce back. So then you give him that opportunity. And then if something else looks the same or it does not seem like it's moving in the right direction, you got the Chicago game to try to get the young boy in there, try to see how he's looking. And then at the same time, if it ain't that, you build a package.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: You could put something together on the offense where you give him some plays just to start to see, you know, like if he's explosive like that, put him in the game too as well, just like you said with.
Speaker 7: So, what's his role, like Sanders roles is to change the pace back, right, That's what That's what we're basically saying as.
Speaker 4: The number two back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to got a committee here, but Williams may have earned himself a little bit more opportunity to get definitely show Schottenheimer talked about.
Speaker 4: He said, I wish we could have.
Speaker 3: Gotten more care he shok out that list right there though, Yeah, he got it right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: The number, the number one, the number, the numbers here.
Speaker 3: So we had for for so, Jamonte with fifteen carris, so I mean Javonte. It's pretty interesting because Davonte have only three less carries to Sakwan Barkley in the football game. So to me, at fifteen's not a bad number, not a bad number, but if you're trying to get him some more, that means you're gonna have to take.
Speaker 5: Some away exactly.
Speaker 3: So Sanders, you want to take him down to two. Turp had two, so were only twenty two carries in the game. So fifteen to twenty two, that's that's that's.
Speaker 2: Pretty solid, solid and made it happen.
Speaker 4: And that's number one numbers there touchdowns.
Speaker 6: But that's why with those numbers being so low, like you said, you would have to go one for one. But also are you are you ready to say that, hey, this is the guy to throw him in there and have that swimming pool technique where you just throw him in there in the water, like hey, this is gonna be all you And I've been there plenty of times where you've seen the guy from the front office come over there and say, hey, you didn't do nothing wrong. We know what you have. You know you're a veteran, you're proven. We're gonna need you at the back end of the season. Let's give this guy this shot. And so I really do think regards regardless even Miles comes and plays and has a good game this game, unless he just kills Javonte, I think we're going to see a lot of Blue in Chicago that week. And if he does good enough, or if even if it's not better than him, but if it's close to what Miles has, you're going to see that following week like, hey, Miles, save you.
Speaker 5: You're a vet. We need you to that backstretch.
Speaker 6: And if Blue is really just excelling, there you go having one of those veterans that get lost in the cycles.
Speaker 3: Let me throw this out here, guys, you all weigh in home game against the Giants, Shotty still looking for his first one. You cannot lose this. Are you ready to put a rookie out here versus a veteran in a game you you cannot Let's say Javonte gets hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you ready to say he go blue versus Sanders.
Speaker 8: For me, that boils down to what is he doing in fast blocking? Like he's naturally gonna be able to run the ball, He's naturally gonna be able to catch this D line. Yeah, So like exactly, so, like what are you doing in past protection? You know that's because at the end of the day, if he's a VET, he can't pass protect. I don't want him out there, you know what I mean. So if it's a younger boy that's out there and he can actually he understands the system that it can pass protect, you know, and he's he's an explosive player on top of that.
Speaker 6: You definitely got to put him in there to where it's like, hey, I'm looking at the VET, like, okay, you have fumble issues in your history. You know the longevity, we know how you get as an older player when you first young and fresh.
Speaker 5: I want to get in there.
Speaker 6: I'm smacking pop every time as older players like, hey, I'm not gonna take the unnecessary hits. I'm not gonna really throw myself to where you see guys that with tackles and stuff like that. So I start to think and be like man, Hey, young bull, you ready, I get him high. You know how coaches do that, come over there, Hey, this is gonna be your week, and this and that, you're gonna get your reps and now you're really excited and.
Speaker 5: They gas you up to do all that.
Speaker 6: So I think that's gonna I think that's gonna be the X factor. And hopefully a Blue is smart and he had a good vet in there. They told him like, hey, bro, make sure you're on special teams this week. And I think that would give him the nod. But me personally, I'm not gonna make Miles inactive this week.
Speaker 5: I will go in there with four running backs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you go for me as you're going short somewhere else, But you definitely, just as we're talking and flushing this out here in a game that you must have, Sanders has to be out there.
Speaker 4: We were talking about Miles Sanders.
Speaker 7: Like, I mean, he's solid, but I mean I don't think he was a difference maker. We're talking about a guy that touched the ball five times last week. But go back at one fumble.
Speaker 3: Go back to the premise what I said, Javonte gets hurt again, gets hurt. So if we're going to just just that scenario which we have to put out here, especially with Javonte's career. So Javonte hurts, Javonte Williams gets hurt in the Giant game. That means, now, if you sit Miles Sanders, you're asking a rookie.
Speaker 6: I'm comfortable. I'm comfortable. Nobody on Nobody show Nobody. It's based off the fact that nobody shoul showed me enough to set themselves apart to where it's like, yo, you're you're my X factor, Like you you've done this, like I'm not.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say it's so much. I wouldn't say it so.
Speaker 8: Much that he said mouthful, you know what I'm saying. Like all preseason we talked about I ain't see no run game, you know what I mean. So like and just like you said, like what you did last year, that's last year, Like what have you done for me lately? And what are you doing now? This was actually what's happening and for me, like you said, he wasn't really that much of a difference maker. The fumble was a major difference. I mean, but like like I said, I think it boils down to if that young boy can pass protect running the ball like this.
Speaker 4: This is the first game, the first game.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want to risk that in game one now if you want to give.
Speaker 4: Me four guys, yeah, but and that way.
Speaker 3: I got Sanders out here, But I can't just sit here, say I'll sit MI on Sanders play Blue Williams get hurt.
Speaker 4: Now I'm looking at a rookie.
Speaker 6: This is This is gonna tell you how much shoddy one his system, what he's doing here are they letting him do it?
Speaker 5: And then from there what you believe in them?
Speaker 6: Because if you go out there and you see Blue there and then it's like, hey, Blue has shown him something in.
Speaker 5: Practice to where it's like you have so much hidden potential.
Speaker 3: And rookie who's been nicked up twice already, that's true, that's true, nicked up twice. Now we've got a game, not of practice, about a.
Speaker 2: Game you always got Boogie.
Speaker 7: Head off to my guy, get past.
Speaker 5: Kenny, Kenny scoop protect. I don't think you can do that.
Speaker 4: Solomon Thomas, Uh.
Speaker 8: Yes, I told y'all look good?
Speaker 5: Did I not? Did I not?
Speaker 3: Did look so to Sally in the locker room, and and I just said I asked your anticipation for this game, you know, being being from here, your hometown teams, like you know, I've played there twice, but yeah, it's gonna be something to uh to come to the g And I said, how many tickets you have to get?
Speaker 4: Get a whole lot?
Speaker 2: He's a smart man.
Speaker 3: When he came back when you played for the only team, I get a whole lot. But he's like, no, no, you go keep it, keep it tight. And made me want to ask you guys, how were the ticket requests when you guys play?
Speaker 7: Sure, I'm a I was always cheap though, like I I can get the four four my main my parents or my grandparents they coming in town, the wife. But other than that, I wouldn't. I wouldn't dishing out tickets like that. Now separately, when I went to Pittsburgh, we played Pittsburgh, man, that was the one time I did kind of splurge on some tickets.
Speaker 4: But when you go to teammates too, like hey can I get some Yeah?
Speaker 7: So I we used to go to so my agency had some people in Pittsburgh that played for the Steelers, and I just reached out to them like, hey, let me get your tickets because they be giving us tickets up in the nosebleeds like up and you could you can feel the engine from the from the aircraft coming past when you the way.
Speaker 2: Up there zone, you know you far up there.
Speaker 7: So I used to get them from their home, like, let me get your tickets since you ain't got nobody coming, and they give me the tickets and it'd be good seats.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Dallas games, nah, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 5: Man. For me exact opposite.
Speaker 6: I was so family oriented, being one of so I'm from Dallas, oh Cliff born and raised, and I'm one of twelve kids. So for me, it was it was the hassle of you got your for that you got, then after that you have to go around love us.
Speaker 5: It's twelve of us.
Speaker 6: Yeah my parents not married, so but yeah, it's twelve of us all together. We're all really close. And so that's immediate family, not including my grandma. Then my grandma's to help raise those aunties and uncles. And like I said, being a dollars person, you got every friend, every person in the woodwork's coming out.
Speaker 5: For me, I had a problem of telling people no.
Speaker 6: So I got to the point to where I really just turned off my phone and I told my mom, like, I'm gonna tell you how many I'm maxed out and I can get. And I always knew I was gonna have to pay for something extra, And it wasn't until like after the second game that I had to really start cutting it off because I had my four I got. Then you had the guys that you knew that was far away on the team. Hey, can I get your tickets to please? Let me get this and when we go away game you can have all those and then after that you pay your money and you start looking at it. It got to the point where I used to pay for that out of my checking. People don't realize you don't get no free, especially in.
Speaker 5: This world.
Speaker 6: Oh man, Yeah, Hey, we took up a collection pay it was Easter Sunday. Hey, I'm gonna pay for this, but y'all need to contribute and donate towards these tickets, Like I w't fifty two hundred to pop.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go half with y'all.
Speaker 6: And now that's what really started to save me, is that when I started charging people half, see how much you really messed with me, And if you gave me half cool, I'm gonna go ahead and pay the other half, like show me some legworks.
Speaker 5: So it was horrible.
Speaker 6: I hated it, like that was probably my worst experience. Like I see what Victor Cruz used to talk about when he was in New York and had to pay for everybody because he was from Patterson. So yeah, for me, I got the after the third game, I said, yeah, we gotta cut this out out.
Speaker 8: I think it was year, it might have been my second year. It was one of the times we went home to play the Steelers, and I just remembered I didn't get it. I didn't get a paycheck that week, like you like you said, like no seriously, And they don't.
Speaker 6: Tell you taking that out your paycheck. They'll send you the little list you yeah you got.
Speaker 8: And I probably had like almost to twenty more, you know what I'm saying. And the first time going home and then it's like, oh, yeah it was. It was a trip. And then I did it one more time like later on, and I just remember it was like it was hell the colde after this and I came out with nobody there with my granny everybody.
Speaker 5: It was cold.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, for y'all, out there right now, do that out If a player offers you a ticket, I'm telling you right now, do not do that because you are taking money out of his paycheck.
Speaker 5: I just got triggered thinking about that, Like you know.
Speaker 8: Was out there, but nobody grand stayed out there.
Speaker 5: Cody told of that game.
Speaker 8: Man, it's always it was always over ten and.
Speaker 5: That's the worst thing.
Speaker 6: And when you get that paycheck that next week, did they tell you how much did the tickets work beforehand?
Speaker 8: You know it was it was one of them things like you know what it is when you're doing something for your people, like.
Speaker 5: You don't care, you're paying attention to it, but.
Speaker 8: You want everybody to participate.
Speaker 2: You and everybody I've seen the stuff.
Speaker 5: They're not.
Speaker 6: They don't tell you until like right before, say you ordered like an astronomical Like so when anybody I felt like if you played against the Cowboys, I had the privilege of playing here and playing against uh here.
Speaker 5: Before you went to Jerry's World.
Speaker 6: We used to have our player development guy that come down there and hey, when we get tickets this week, calm down, Like, I know you normally get ten or fifteen, but you looked at that price. They going three hundred four hundred the pop, like if you want good seat, because like you said, the seats that they gave you, you only got two camps on away games. Then after that they give you the tickets that a nosebleed with Jerry nosebleeds were two three hundred. So now if you want the family section up close and personal, now you're going that six hundred. Now you gettend of those. It's like spend a couple of bands. So they will warn you, but there'll be some places where they didn't even tell you, like say when the Raiders in the old stadium get twenty tickets, they didn't care.
Speaker 5: They even tell you the price. And then the day before you see your paycheck. Stuff, Oh that was only twenty tickets, only two hundred dollars. Man, I should have gotten more.
Speaker 2: Where you get one of them vets who big money vets. They got the sweets and they got the sweets. All they get this.
Speaker 4: Let me little my family go up in that.
Speaker 2: Suite for sure, man, I was good for that.
Speaker 7: Hey where yeah, man, Hey, hey bro help in the season. Yeah, let me get them cool cool hustle, man. They gotta gotta get them hustle man.
Speaker 5: Church used to go get it you off, buddy.
Speaker 3: I love it the insight, So tickets are not cheap.
Speaker 6: Do not disrespect any player that's doing that. It's just like you wi't want somebody to come in your house and trade. You're starting to do therapy. I'm high, I gotta clear. We're going in the show.
Speaker 4: We're going the show.
Speaker 3: The podcast code of Top Door st More Church Scruggs Plans that brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on dallascowboy dot Com were out.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.