Speaker 1: So is this the new norm? Is my question? Is the new norm that you come five minutes late to all of our sessions?
Speaker 2: It's three minutes, you fucker.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. We have a very fancy we got a very fancy guest, and the very fancy guest is starting sitting alone in his closet and you're what are you doing making a drink?
Speaker 2: No, I was about to get my GT's kombucha. Actually I was asking. I was gonna ask for like five minutes so I could get a GT's. Well, not five minutes, five seconds. So I got a big old ship. I got a ship like, I got a real shipman, not like not that you know what interested Yeah, not that we're interested in advertising in your uh on your podcast shipment. I got that, yo, you know you got to talk about you got to talk about us every time you talk to start this podcast shipment. So I got that big ass kimbucha shipment. And I've already gone through two of the bad boys.
Speaker 1: You might, Yeah, Donald, we were on a call has become us ansor of the show, and we are on a call with them, and Donald and I genuinely drink it. So it was a no brainer, and Donald's like, let me ask you something. Since we have the inventor of this on the phone, how many do you recommend I can have a day? And the guy. The Guy's like, well, I think three is probably probably the max you want to have a day. And Donald's like, okay, good, good good. So you might want to pace bro.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be gone soon. Man, They're gonna be gone. Listen, let me my wife, my kids. Oh it's a wrap.
Speaker 1: We have a very First of all, this episode is fucking.
Speaker 2: Hilarious, very funny episode.
Speaker 1: I laughed so many times. And I was on a text with Donald and Bill right before this and about something, and I was like, this episode one twenty is one of the funniest of season one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, easy, easy, And we have a.
Speaker 1: Very handsome guests. Are you nervous? I put on a nice sweatshirt for him.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not nervous. He and I have worked a lot together. Actually, we did Felicity together. We four Scrubs, and then after Scrubs we did a little movie called Let's Kill Ward's Wife together, and I played Ward uh and he directed, and so uh, you know what I get.
Speaker 1: I get nervous every time I see Scott Fully because really, yeah, I'm I'm a straight man for the most part. But there are certain men that I get a little shy in front of, and okay, Fully is one of them. Really, I don't want to play hide the peep with him, but I get a little I get a little jittery.
Speaker 2: Will you played? Would you play tip to tip?
Speaker 1: I don't want to touch tips. I just listen. I am secure enough in my in my sexuality to be able to say that I get a little, I get a little a flutter.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to go tip to tip with Scott Fully, but I I do think he's uh, he's very dreamy to look at, and I I also really like him as a human being. He's a he's a very sweet man. Okay, should we invite him in?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm excited. Dan bring him in, Dan allow him in. We put him in a green room. Oh my goodness, man, just talking about you, you were yeah, Donald was saying that you guys have worked on several projects together.
Speaker 2: Not wait before we get into this, Let's make sure he's recording.
Speaker 1: Are you recording stuff? Fully?
Speaker 3: I think I'm recording on here? Right the phone.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, good, good, many a guest. I got this sub stuff fully, but there's something that tells me that you're going to do it right.
Speaker 2: Oh, you look so handsome. Look at him looking out. I'm gonna wait.
Speaker 1: I was gonna wait a beat to tell him he was handsome. Donald, you went right for it.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you this. I watched the episode not that long ago. I've watched it a couple of times since we talked about me being on this, and this is the first time my hair has been the same length as it was during that episode. And I have the pandemic to think.
Speaker 1: Scott, you got an intro. I don't think another man in nine years got the intro that we normally reserve for the beautiful woman walking in with the slow motion and the fan and they literally angels going oh.
Speaker 3: It was a bit much and I was a little overwhelmed. And I think you can tell that in my performance.
Speaker 1: It was hilarious though.
Speaker 2: Eating Jello seductive.
Speaker 3: I mean I remember them. I remember them coming to me saying like, what do you want to eat? I was like, what's a hospital?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: And they're like jello.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: The way Sarah's character is so randy for you in this I had forgotten, you know, we obviously, Scott, we go back. We haven't seen these in twenty years. And so it's fun for Doll and I because even though we're the stars of the show, were watching it like a new being, like, oh, that's a funny episode. And I had totally forgotten how in this episode Sarah is like really horny, frankly and riled up, like she's like she's she.
Speaker 2: Literally says, if I don't sleep with him, I'm gonna kill myself.
Speaker 1: Right And then yeah, she said she she'd suck on his foot or.
Speaker 2: Something, and then he's like, what I did?
Speaker 3: They went They went to a lot of links with this, between the sucking on the foot, talking about needing to sleep with me, begging me to ask her out do it, dropping stuff, and doing bizarre contortions, which, by the way, works for anybody out there. It was really funny.
Speaker 1: Though, because it's not something you often see on a show, like you always see like the man being like neurotic and frantic. How do I get her? And I'm so attracted to her, I'm so horny, you know, and this I thought this was funny that Sarah. First of all, Sarah was very funny doing it, but she's so on a mission to get laid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I you know, it's funny. I had so many thoughts watching this. Sorry, you're gonna see my lights going on, and nobody can see that because we're on a podcast. I'm in a closet where it's got one of those automatic lights. You walk in and it turns on, and if I'm sitting here and not moving, then it's gonna go dark.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of fancy house that Scott Foley has. Everyone he has a light that turns on with his money.
Speaker 2: Some people have the clapper, some people have light switches. Scott Foley has movement.
Speaker 1: One day, if you have the level of success of legendary actor Scott Fully, you could get one of these motion lights in your closet.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, I think all of your closets have that. No, I was so impressed. First of all, what a time capsule. These things are right, like not just the references, but everything you see, Like the TV you guys are watching in the beginning is an old vacuum tube television, you know, which you just don't see anymore. Plus you guys are talking about watching Iron Chef, which somehow has stood the test of time, because I think it's still on. I think there's still making.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think back then it was like Iron Chef was an import and now it's domestic.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know that there's Is there a domestic Iron Chef?
Speaker 2: Yes, like body and all of that stuff on it and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was also it was also so impressive to me to see, you know, this is the we're getting towards the end of the first season, if I'm not mistaken, and you guys have your characters dialed in at this point already. I've been on a bunch of television shows where it's not until like end of season three where people are like, oh, oh, I know who this guy is. You guys are dialed in to a person like two from Kelso to Cox to you guys to Sarah to like, it's amazing and being able to jump into that, you know, it was such an interesting character that I got to play here. But you're right, watching Sarah and that character totally go for it was such an interesting thing because you always see it from the other side, don't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she's really fucking funny. I mean, we say this, this is our twentieth episode of this Scott Fully, believe it or not, it's become us a hit and we can't believe it ourselves. But this is our twentieth one and we've said it a bunch of times. But Sarah Chalk is so fucking funny. I mean this episode in particular, she is so fucking funny in this episode.
Speaker 3: She's so talented, she's so beautiful, she is so good at what she does, and she goes for it, man. And that's what I appreciated most about the show is that, you know, there are things that you would read on the page, you think like, oh how am I going to do that? And everybody to a person goes for it. And I think that's what really made this show successful and what makes it stand the test of time, even though we're still looking at old TV sets.
Speaker 2: It's all good.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of serious, a lot to talk about, Donald, but I think we should sing first.
Speaker 2: And Scott, I was about to say, speaking of successful, let's get into that successful theme song about six seven eight Scott to do it?
Speaker 1: No, I like it not the song I would like Scott fully to count it sent God has got.
Speaker 3: Five six, seven, eight stories about shore.
Speaker 4: We made about a bunch of dogs and nurses and janitor who he said, here's the stories next. So YadA around here, yeada n here.
Speaker 1: No, that's the first time in podcast history we stopped the opening theme song. And I'm sorry, Donald, I didn't mean to question your no.
Speaker 3: No no no no no no no no no, no no no.
Speaker 1: It's just about a VIP guest, and I thought, like, give him the honor.
Speaker 3: He was really excited to go for it.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not at all hurt in any way.
Speaker 1: No, you know you're we are, we are, we are partners in this, and I don't want you to ever think I would ever question when it's time to sing the song.
Speaker 3: It was just your harmony song. Your harmony with that song is something that that my wife and I have had conversations about.
Speaker 2: We go for it, We go for it's really good.
Speaker 1: No listen to Scott. When we made this song, we were like okay, but I was like, well, how do we how do we do it? Now? How do we You know, we made the song, but how are we are both going to sing all the lyrics and Donald's like, don't worry, I got this, and he like came up with all those harmonies.
Speaker 2: I was like, Zach was like, I'll just send you a I'll send you my verse. I'll sing the whole song and I'll send it to you and you just sing, because originally we were going to do it where we split up the the the words. Yeah right, And he was like, I'll sing the whole thing and you just pick where you want to sing, and we'll have Charlie cut us in. And I heard him sing and I was like, I think he sounds amazing. The only way that this is gonna work is if I just back him up with some hard.
Speaker 3: If I sing the whole thing too, it's exactly good.
Speaker 1: Exactly this is good. But you know what's gonna do, what's gonna make it better? If I do really need if I do really showy harmonies over all.
Speaker 3: Of this, well it works and we are fans, so good job, right, right.
Speaker 2: Of course, Donald, I think we should go back to I was gonna say that, let's obviously Scott's career.
Speaker 1: I'll do a little we have to go back a little bit.
Speaker 2: Scott.
Speaker 1: The first time I remember hearing about you was on a very very successful show, solely successful because of Donald's phase on but I believe you were on it too. It's called Felicity, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Donald and I met for the first time on Felicity, and I remember being like, holy ship, the clueless guys here.
Speaker 1: That's what happens every time he walks into.
Speaker 3: A restaurant, of course, of course, but I also I mean Donald was great on that, and you were you. You had that you were going through this phase where you were trying to be ripped you. I remember I think the first table read you came in, you were carrying like a three gallon Jerry can of water.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It gives you crazy, the amount of water you would drink every day, and you were shredded. And we'd play basketball in the parking lot out there. And actually I remember, I think you've been on the show off and on for a season or two, maybe three, and before Scrubs came around, right, yeah, And I remember talking to you. You had done the pilot and you were telling me about it and you said, I don't know, man, it's really funny. It's from this young rider. Uh. He did Spin City and we got a good group and I saw the pilot and it's really funny. I think it's gonna take off. And I was like, yeah, good for you. Let's keep playing basketball.
Speaker 2: Yes, and later, Yeah, we had a lot of conversations just about work back back then. Also, you know, I don't know how new you were to the game, but you had been working. You did, you had done Felicity, You had done Scream two or was it.
Speaker 3: Your scream Scream three? I'd done before for I had done Dawson's Creek, which was sort of my introduction to the back then was the WB the now defunct WB World, which.
Speaker 1: Was Felicity, your first big leading part.
Speaker 3: Felicity was my first big leading part. Yeah, yeah, and you know it was. It was really the the springboard that and I'm so grateful for it that that allowed me to be a part of your show and sort of everything that's come since.
Speaker 1: And and when you guys, are you guys still friendly? The three of you, the three of you.
Speaker 3: The love Triangle, We're not not friendly.
Speaker 1: We don't like you know, I me and Donald where you're not like having him over and and and putting his putting his kids in a in a bouncy castle.
Speaker 3: No, I'm I'm We're not like that. But but we got together last year for it was the twentieth reunion of Felicity. Wow, which was amazing and we got so many people together. We went to the at X, the Austin Television Festival, and I think they screened an episode and we all sat on stage where a bunch of people ask us questions. There was a modern and it was really great. It was the first time we'd all been together in you know, seventeen eighteen years.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really really fun man, And I uh, you know, I'd always said I don't think you know, they talk about doing reboots, and I always said, I don't think you can do a reboot of Felicity because it was so specific to not just that time in a person's life when we were all so much younger, but to that period of the world of our existence. And I sort of changed my mind after being with them because I just missed them all so much, and I remembered the feelings that I had, both good and bad, and I sort of yearned for them.
Speaker 1: So, if you know, I think we have an exclusive right here on the Fake Doctor's real friend, gott Foley is willing to do a Felicity reboot everybody.
Speaker 3: That would be interesting again, it wouldn't be a no.
Speaker 1: Could Donald be on it too? I would only support it if my character lives.
Speaker 2: My character lives, so it's a possibility.
Speaker 1: Right, Could I only support it if you get to come back town.
Speaker 2: It would be very interesting to see if everybody is still friendly from the cast in the show, you know what I mean, Like, you guys were in college together, and you guys all lived together, kind disorder, and you guys all dated each other, but it was college and usually you know, I didn't go to college, but I don't have a lot of friends from my you know, early that I still hang out with from my early twenties that I still hang out with. So it'd be really interesting to see what happened after you guys all left NYU.
Speaker 1: I remember when there was a controversy when Carrie Russell cut her hair. People lost their minds, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's I remember being.
Speaker 1: Like, I remember, I remember I didn't watch the show, but I remember being like, are people really up in arms that carry Russell cut her hair?
Speaker 3: People were up in arms and it was it's to this day, I think the thing that people talk about the most when they talk about the show, and the interesting thing is that it was scripted, Like she cut her hair on the show and somehow it it gained traction. Is this urban legend that she did it on her own because she was angry or wanted to change or get away from the character. We cut it. You actually see it in season two of the show, her cutting her hair, and I thought she looked more beautiful with the short hair than she did with the long.
Speaker 1: But you know, people just loved it. I'm just just making up that people loved her hair so much that they were like, how dare you?
Speaker 2: It was a lot of hair due it was a lot of hair.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming, as I recall, she had beautiful, curly, long hair, and people were like, you know.
Speaker 2: Dare you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I enviable hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it looked like she had been growing it since birth. That's how beautiful the hair was.
Speaker 1: Garry Russell was on our show. She was a love interest of mine.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 1: On Scrubs? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, she did a couple episodes, just like, well you did way more episode your character tracked.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, well don't worry, Scott, you did way more. But uh, I know, you know you did me a favor and look up how many she did.
Speaker 2: But she did too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, Donald, you know.
Speaker 3: That that's cool. So now she's talented and great.
Speaker 1: And we kissed, I think, I mean on the show. I think we kissed.
Speaker 3: We might be lip guarantee. I would guarantee that you remember whether you kissed or not.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I I remember being very excited that she was a love interest. But Jad didn't make out with all his love interests. I Joelle will look it up for me, did JD? But anyway, Scott, we might be lip cousins.
Speaker 3: We're definitely wiener cousins.
Speaker 1: We're definitely wiener cousins. Donald and I were touching talk about touching tips or just before you came on, but not in real life Donald with Sarah.
Speaker 3: In the character Yeah, oh oh oh, well, I think I hope that's the only crossover.
Speaker 1: I don't think we had any real life crossover, Scott, fully, and I hope not because the woman would have clearly preferred you.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that, although you know, I'm only how dare you you know how handsome you are?
Speaker 1: Scott?
Speaker 2: Listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 1: You might be handsome.
Speaker 2: Tell me all you know, listen, I know that all of your supporters are out there right now. You know, just you probably bought, you know, quite a few downloads to our podcast. Just you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, now, yeah, that's very kind.
Speaker 2: People are your scandal crew? Hey, girls, how y'all doing? I'll take that.
Speaker 1: Must have something else in common, and that is we've all had ABC cancel our shows in season one?
Speaker 2: Yes, brutal thirteen episodes. He's got thirteen.
Speaker 1: I only got I only got ten, Scott, how many did you get?
Speaker 3: We got thirteen, thank goodness, and a trip to Prague?
Speaker 2: That right, right.
Speaker 1: So for those of you who don't know, because I guess not enough of you knew, ut none enough watched. Scott was on a huge budget action series that shot in Prague. He moved his whole family there, which is no small deal because you have two children, right.
Speaker 3: I have three children. They were three school over there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it was not a by no means a simple show I was about. I was going to direct it, but then I had a conflict. But it was a huge budget epic sort of James Bond comedic, James Bond action show that Bill Lawrence six Degrees of Bill Lawrence was the showrunner of and I thought it was amazing. The pilot was unbelievable. I couldn't believe the scale of it. It looked like it looked like a giant feature. Oh thanks, man, and you were so good in it. But anyway, I was, as I was preparing for today, I went all three of us were at work, were stars of ABC, and then got a new ABC show that only went half a season.
Speaker 3: Man, it was just and it's still heartbreaking. My wife and I had a conversation about it a couple nights ago where you know, she was like, Oh, I wish we were still in Prague. You know, we just we were so fortunate. And you know, that's one of the great things about and one of the reasons I'm so excited to talk to you guys today, because you know, Scrubs for me was it started out as just a gig, right and coming in doing something fun, doing something different, and it has morphed into the relationships that I've made from it have have sustained a lot of what I do, and it's it's made me happy. The people that I've gotten to work with and gone on to work with because of Scrubs have been great. And like you said, Bill Lawrence was the showrunner of Whiskey Cavalier and we were over in Prague together and you know, without Scrubs that wouldn't have happened.
Speaker 1: And I think you really showed that you were really funny, Scott, I mean, he got I think that with your other shows that you'd known for, you know, whether it be Felicity or Scandal. You know, obviously people know that you as a as a great dramatic actor. But I think on Scrubs Bill really gave you a chance to be hilarious. One of my favorite moments of of of Shawn's character was in the script. I say this to Scott all the time and Bill all the time that it literally said in a script, Sean for lornly rides a dolphin. And then when I saw the shot of you for Lornley riding a dolphin, I thought he fucking nailed that.
Speaker 3: Maybe he really the best screen direction of my career.
Speaker 1: That's how I would sum up that shot is Sean Forlornly rise of dolphin.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks man, Well, I will look.
Speaker 2: Before I will say this, though I knew you were funny from when we did Felicity together, when Noel went off the rails and went a little batshit crazy, and you got to explore this character who was kind of by the book and did everything by the book, refined himself. And I remember doing a bunch of episodes where they were looking for you and we finally found you, and you were like, you were completely out there, And I remember not being able to hold it together when we were doing the takes because you were so funny. So I knew you were funny way before we still before you came on Scrubs.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks man. I yeah, I think I think Zach you overstated my my talent by saying I'm a great dramatic actor. I think I'm passable. But Donald, that was. That was a bizarre like Season three Tangent where my character Noel decided to change his name to Leon, literally just reversed the letters in his name. They put like a weird wig on me, so I had like blonde tips on my hair. It was the strangest thing. But thank you, Donald.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 3: It was at least a little chance for me to stretch myself in that character.
Speaker 1: Now did J. J. Abrams run all the seasons.
Speaker 3: Every season, Yes, every season. He was gone a little bit on season four on our final season because he had started a show called Alias and so was sort of doing his time between both sets. But he was there the whole time. I was really fortunate. You know, obviously no one knew that J. J Abens would become J. J Abrams back then.
Speaker 1: You like, do you like Donald occasionally put it out there that you're open to being in any Star Wars franchises that he's suggested.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you it's been. It's been the like if if I was ever.
Speaker 1: In anything Gunberg Gunberg. He keeps getting all the love. I mean, where the Fu's happened to? With Donald and Scott Foley.
Speaker 3: Grumburg and J. J. Abrams have been friends since they were three years old. Like they were best friends in elementary school. They made you know, crappy movies together on their Super eight film cameras when they were kids. They were best men at each other's weddings. Look, I think JJ knows just by the fact that I'm an actor that I would like to be in Star Wars.
Speaker 1: There gotta be more directs good.
Speaker 3: Donald's very merus about him, But I would yeah, of course I would love to. And I've you know, every time he signs on to direct a new one, I sent him a text like, Wow, way to go. You're not gonna see your family for a while. Might want some friends around. So I'm not sure how to take it that he hasn't cast me in. You know, you always there's the old story that you know someone likes working with you, if they if they hire you again and again and again. And I've been I've been fortunate with Bill that that that's happened multiple times. JJ, not so much, not what you know.
Speaker 1: It's funny, jolly build a direct and giant tenpole movie. I mean, what's going on? Bill? Step it up?
Speaker 3: Do you remember he was gonna do Fletch eight script for Fletch and I went and I met with him, I read with him and there was a whole long Mirrormax story that goes with it. But but he was on his way. Man. I thought he would have been great at that.
Speaker 1: I know we really need him. I don't think he is interested. He loves TV so much. But I think for all of us, we would like Bill to become a studio ten pole filmmaker if he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Mind making movies anymore.
Speaker 1: They do. There's a couple coming out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're saying July. They're saying like into July, things are gonna pick.
Speaker 1: They're saying that Chris Nolan movie is coming out no matter what Tenant. Oh really right, That's what I've been hearing. And then I mean, maybe they'll change their mind. But I read something on the interwebs that said they're still saying July, which assumes that people are going to be willing to go to the theater in July. I don't, I don't, I don't know. It seems pretty ballsy to release like a two hundred million dollars. I mean, I don't know if it's not much money, but I think scient movies for that for in July.
Speaker 2: But some things are filming already, like they're filming in certain.
Speaker 1: Jowell just said two hundred and five million and July seven, that's coming up five million dollars. That's that's gonna be interesting to see how you spend two hundred and five million dollars.
Speaker 3: I would think, like, wouldn't you have to double the amount of theaters because the theaters are only going to be at half capacity just because of social distancing in order to like, they're just don't enough theaters out there to the money.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and five is the production budget, so they're gonna put like one hundred million into releasing it. That is a that's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: That is a lot of money. But I asked my but then you ask yourself how much did it cost to make Endgame and all of those things? Those things look like they cost half a billion dollars?
Speaker 1: No, but when you've got a built in marvel onians, this movie has no mega celebrities in it.
Speaker 2: I don't but it's Nolan, man.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know, I know, Chris Nolan is his own enterprise. Don't get me wrong, I get it. But it's got to be the most amount of money spent on an original script.
Speaker 3: Wow, and fifty million game.
Speaker 1: Scott, you're not supposed to read the producer. Sorry, Okay, this is a second time. It's did the same thing, Sarah. Sarah did the same thing. Scott Donald and I are the hosts of the show. You, as a guest, ignore my producer's notes.
Speaker 3: Well, no, you know what I was doing was pretending that I actually knew the budget.
Speaker 1: Sarah we had Sarah on, and Joel was like, you know, Joel always gives us little things to help the conversation along, and Sarah just starts reading them, Like, Sarah, that is not for the guests.
Speaker 3: The fact that you needed little things to help the conversation along with Sarah, who I worked with for ten years, is amazing.
Speaker 1: No, but I said, I said, Sarah, what happens if Joel's writing like this is so boring? Help her along? You know, like, don't read those?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'll wait, I'm gonna put a piece of tape above my my No no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, I'm kidding. I'm kidding Joel Wright. Joel would never write Scott fully is so boring. Don't worry.
Speaker 3: She wouldn't be the first one.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: All I was saying was that Chris Nolan, I get, is his own entity, and I get that everyone is going to see this movie because he's a fucking genius. But I wonder if it's the most amount of money ever spent on a on a on a piece of material that isn't already established piece of intellectual property like Marvel or James Bond or the like. You know, what I'm saying, I.
Speaker 2: Don't I don't know. That's a lot of money to have to spend on something and it not work, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean just it's just the amount of money it has to make in order for it to be successful is just. And especially with what Scott's saying is that the talk is that the theaters are only gonna be half full, so you can have most distance from from each other. So then you need double the amount of screenings.
Speaker 2: You know, work. What would be really interesting is Okay, so Trolls World Tour was supposed to come out in theaters and it didn't make it to theaters because of the whole COVID thing, right, and so they released it on uh digital, the digital platform, but you had to rent it. You couldn't buy it. You could only rent it, and your rental lasts for about, you know, twenty four hours. I wonder how much money Trolls World Tour made. Because the model is there to put movies out, well, at least right now, if you if you really want to watch and they haven't really experimented with like big blockbuster movies, but if you really want to watch a movie, it's fine to watch it at home. I understand they need movie theater money because popcorn all of that shit theaters and everything. But I wonder what Troll's World Tour did for Joelle? Can we find that out?
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's even I wonder if it's even published.
Speaker 2: So seventy seven million Trolls World Tour did That's a lot. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that would be. That would be you're saying, is that the first weekend or is that total? No, they wouldn't be freaking sorry, that'd be total. So when you rent it, because I haven't done this yet, when you rent with this new model where you rent the movie for twenty four hour, what is what? What did Trolls cost you?
Speaker 3: Twenty bucks? Nineteen ninety nine something?
Speaker 1: I love the two dads. No, they're like twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah please. I looked at my wife. I was like, we're spending twenty bucks on this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we'll several times.
Speaker 1: To how much? Think how much money you've gotten off the faisons because you guys are renting it multiple times.
Speaker 2: But it would cost more if we went to the movie theater though, because it would be yes, twenty bucks each person you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And so, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Plus popcorn and all of that stuff. I don't know if they get money for the popcorn, but I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's a newty.
Speaker 2: Seven million is a lot of money to make online.
Speaker 3: Dude, that's a new model. They've been talking about it. I think it's it's an interesting way to go to.
Speaker 1: Tell me what people are going to start doing. I mean if because I don't you know, Spike Lee said the other day he's not going to the theater until there's a vaccine, and I was kind of like, yeah, I think I might agree with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, my wife's not leaving the house till there's a fucking vaccine, you know, And that's your choice, right, It's yeah, sure, I have a lot to do with that.
Speaker 1: Donald, your wife is your wife more hardcore than you about this? Because Donald's definitely more hardcore than his wife.
Speaker 3: No, my wife is anxiety ridden about out everything. She is terrified not just that we're going to get it, but that we're all going to die from it when we get it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Mind you none of us have pre existing conditions. She has made five hundred masks and donated them and given them the friends. She is all over this, and I still can't leave the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: My wife doesn't like me right now because I'm like, well, maybe it started off like this. Maybe maybe in May, honey, maybe no, maybe in May. Okay, we'll see about May, and then May's come around. I'm like, okay, maybe June. And she's like, June is here, motherfucker. Like listen July. When July comes around, I promise you, baby, we're gonna scope out the situation and if it's all good, then we can go outside.
Speaker 1: Well, Donald and I got invited to go on Now there's this really popular YouTube show called Good Mythical Morning, and it's a hugely successful show. They do it in a normal time, to do it every excuse me, every morning, and uh we got an invite to do it at the end of July. And I was like, I think, like, and you have to go in person. They're not doing it on on on Zoom and I was like, I think and we were just talking about this before the show, like end of July, we could probably do that, right and we don't know, I mean, we're both having the conversation, but in our heads is like, are we gonna be going to do a talk show end of July? Does that seem like? Are we gonna wear masks? Like I don't understand how it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna talking face to face? Two.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, everybody's got an opinion. Mine is I think it's gonna be okay. You know at a certain point, don't don't you doesn't life have to go on? I mean it does, and.
Speaker 1: I know, but but but choosing you know, life will go on, but choosing to go into like making choices that are like I'm gonna go sit in a movie theater with a bunch of people that might be coughing, or I'm gonna go into a tight elevator or a restaurant. I mean those choices. I don't know. I might, we might hold hold off on those. We got to go to a break because that's what we have to do, because this is a real show that has breaks and ads and ship Scott Fully, this isn't like a bullshit show. This is a show breaks.
Speaker 3: You guys have supporters, now, yeah we have.
Speaker 1: And we have real fancy ones too. And here here's some here's some of them are we'll be right, that I that I doll that I hold off to see who's gonna do it.
Speaker 3: We're like that, shame you guys don't enjoy.
Speaker 1: This because of the delay, nothing we ever do is in sync. So we sometimes ask Dan to in post to make it seem like we know how to sing at the same time.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Can you guys give me a minute to run and grab my notes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but don't don't. Don't take a deuce, dude, we got Scott Fully here.
Speaker 2: Scott Fully I would never do on your time.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: His minute is the equivalent of him learning learning his lines on scrubs.
Speaker 1: This is glad. You know we talked a lot about this. Will you please say that when he comes back.
Speaker 3: Or not learning his lines, I should say he's going away.
Speaker 1: He claims he's turned over a new leaf, but I think that's just because he's worried that potential directors and showrunners might be listening to the podcast and won't hire him. So he has this whole thing where he says that he's he's turned over a new leaf and now he learns his lines.
Speaker 3: Well, how it's a pandemic. That's his new leaf. There's nothing to learn.
Speaker 1: I know. He also said he quit weed, but I think that I will ask him if that's if that's lasted. Why is your wife's instagram handled the mean Chick? She seems like such a nice person, does she. Well, I don't know her that well, but every time I've hung out with her, she seems delightful.
Speaker 3: She is delightful her her. She's Polish and her last name is Domin Chick or Domean Chick, which sounds like the mean chick. So every time someone has has a hard time pronouncing her name, she just says it sounds like the mean chick.
Speaker 2: So that's oh.
Speaker 1: I thought there were I thought it was like a thing like, look, you might think I'm nice, but I'm a bitch.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, she's She's an asshole.
Speaker 2: But god, I love her.
Speaker 1: And she had a good part on your show too, didn't she. Yeah, Man, I forgot did she have a recurring or something?
Speaker 3: She had she had a recurring role. And that was sort of one of the one of the caveats I had when I was when I was talking about shooting this show in Prague, you know, I was like, you guys want me to move over to Prague for a year. And I got a wife who's a working actress. I got three kids, and I'm gonna put in school, like I can't ask her to stop. And Bill was like, she could be on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know whatever. Bill's a good salesman. He's like, I just I just discovered who our new recurring role is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, but that it was a It was a It was a smart move on his part and and ours. Actually, you know, shooting over in Prague was obviously much better for the budget. The tax breaks and the cost of doing business over there is substantially lower.
Speaker 1: So and and just that production value. You know, there's a shot in the pilot. By the way, if you haven't see the show, go see it, even if you just watch the pilot, because you'll be impressed by the scope of the damn thing. I just couldn't. I thought it was a pilot was really well done, and I was I was gonna go direct one. I was sort of intimidated. I was like, how many days you get to shoot these episodes?
Speaker 3: Because it was just we were so excited to have you over there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We were so bummed when it when it fell through, and I know you got a big I.
Speaker 1: Got a part in a good role in a movie with Christopher Walking and my actor crush heart. Couldn't say no to that. As much as I wanted to come to Prague and Boss Scott Foley around the show, I know she's that episode would have would have been the thing. No, But I I I I can't wait to work with you again because I think you're fantastic. Donald.
Speaker 2: You're so amazing in this episode.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, let's get into the episode. Let's get in the episode. Yeah, it's a very good episode. You know we Adam Bernstein directed it, who directed our pilot. We've told you, and he's a very very funny talented guy, Eric Er, very funny writer.
Speaker 3: I played tennis with him after this episode.
Speaker 1: You're a good tennis players and not a bit of trivia about you.
Speaker 3: That is a bit of trivia about me. I'm I can hold my own. I'm not great, but I can.
Speaker 1: Hold my own.
Speaker 2: That's what college.
Speaker 1: That's what people who are really good say to be modest. You're really good. I think can you beat Bill? No? Yeah, Bill's really good.
Speaker 3: Bill's really good. Although although these days I don't know he's gotten older.
Speaker 1: Bill. You know, Bill and I we don't. We don't play together because it's just not fun for for either one of us. But we often hit. We've we've vacationed together, and we would like each hit with a pro on separate courts because I'm I just can just get by. But I love it. And Bill's is like, you know, played college, is really good. But he would play these young pros and try his ass off to but he would keep up with him. I mean, you know, it was it was he was impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he's he's good. He and I have gone out to hit a few times. And we have a tennis program named Christian Kapolick who was a pro for a while and and sort of hits with a bunch of people around town and we both play with him. But Bill's very talented, as by the way, getting back to the episode, was mister Weinberg, he's a very good tennis player.
Speaker 1: I got to say that. What I want to start to say is that you know, we're watching these episodes, Scott, and they're all some of them are great and some of them are just okay. As as happens when you make one hundred and eighty two episodes of Something. I have to say this one is particularly really.
Speaker 2: Fucking funny one quite a few times.
Speaker 1: I mean about a bunch. Not only do we have Scott's wholet and Sarah's ark, which is hilarious, but the janitor fucking with me and telling all my patients to get sergerty. It's so funny.
Speaker 3: And Donald hes to everybody. He talks to everybody was in this episode he talks to e everybody.
Speaker 1: I know Bill, you know, as you know, Bill has held on to this, uh, this lure that in season one the janitor only spoke to JD and and if he was debating whether as we went forward, if if the janitor would just be a figured in Jad's imagination.
Speaker 2: This is where it went off the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think episode he must have been like fucking because the janitor tugs everybody.
Speaker 3: J is, He's given advice, He's given medical advice to people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was really funny. Let's get into it. I'm your bia very funny.
Speaker 2: H Yeah, this was this is the beginning, well not the beginning of Scrubs being a musical, because we had Judy and Sam sing together. Yeah, but this is the beginning of big product musical productions. Though in Scrub we're all dancing in the hallway, Yeah, singing on a on a made up uh pire escape.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This was our homage to West Side Story, and we clearly didn't have the rights because we're very clearly tiptoeing around it being a West Side Story spoof. But it is a West Side Story spoof.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I love the musical theater references. I thought, you know, I was, I was sitting there watching this trying to think of the sort of the theme. And you know, they talk about competition, but but whether it's whether it's you, j D and Turk or Cox and Kelso, like it's it's not necessarily competition, but there's a power struggle happening here with all these characters, which was really interesting to watch. And I thought the you know, we're not obviously not there yet, but I thought that the resolution, especially when it came to you guys a storyline, was a great one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it is about. It's about I guess that's the theme in the two main storyline. I mean not the two main because you and Sarah one, the Cox Kelso one, and the me Donald on is is competing with your peers, And you're right, it is the first time we get into all these games that Donald and I would play over the years. Uh, these stupid, these stupid little challenges. You know, what was the one with hide the saltine and all the many things.
Speaker 2: But this was the first tower finger.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And they're all very They're all named in a very Bill Lawrence way, you know, like steak is just called steak, it's just but but even what Cox calls the nerve coffee nurse like it. It's so simple the way Bill names things.
Speaker 1: And it's hilarious, by the way, a little bit of trivia coffee nurs. I don't know if you know this is uh, Matt Tarsus's beautiful wife, Katie Tarsus.
Speaker 3: Matt, I didn't know that, Matt. I didn't you know Matt Tarsis Scott fully, Yeah, I know Matt, but I didn't know that was his wife.
Speaker 1: Matt Tarsus Is was one of our great writers on Scrubs and he created, along with me, are our ABC show that didn't work Alex inc And uh, he's a great human being and has a beautiful wife. And I stopped and I was like, that's Katie Tarsus playing coffee nurse.
Speaker 3: She was great.
Speaker 1: And I texted and I said, your wife is so beautiful in this episode and he said yes, And I said, I'm not gonna say never mind what you got done, you got anything else? This dude is fucking hilarious.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the gentleman who played with Red Stoler?
Speaker 1: Is his name?
Speaker 2: So good?
Speaker 1: This guy. I got to tell you, if you are a director or a filmmaker or a showrunner, you need to hire this guy because every sentence he said, I laughed out loud.
Speaker 2: Out loud. I remember laughing when we were making the show and him doing this. The lines in the thing the Chicken that he shit had me going for days.
Speaker 1: He takes the funniest he takes the funniest stutter, and I tried to write it down because the word what he's trying to say is no, you said chicken. But what it comes out is he goes, no, you chicken again, and like, I don't know, you can't write that in a script. That's just an actor coming up with something funny. It was hilarious.
Speaker 3: He's been around for years. He's that character actor guy who just pops up and he slays every time you see him. He's got such a dry sense of humor that is innately watchable.
Speaker 1: There is this there is this type of really funny actor. They're often called character actors that like Fred that can that and Bill would hire lots of them on the show over the years, and he jokingly would call him his assassins. And Bob Pundennen is another one. And they would just come on and they would have like a few lines, but everything they said was was and uh. And I just want to say to Fred and anyone who knows Fred, every single thing you said on this episode made us laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he came back to later on, not you know, seasons later. Actually I thought he would be somebody who would come back into the hospital over and over again.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, when this was, when this episode was done, I remember telling Bill like, you got to have that guy back, you got to have him. Yeah, he should be a regular. He's hilarious.
Speaker 3: He was really funny. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: On the treadmill. Yeah, oh god, one, you look great. You got that young you got that young body where the shoulders haven't really caught up yet. You know what I mean where they're like huge, your shoulders.
Speaker 1: Like so high and everything.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about. When you're like a baby, you know what you're talking about. You start growing lats and ship Anyway, Uh, when making that the fall, was that you? Or was that the same question asking you to do it?
Speaker 1: The fall was me? I was.
Speaker 3: I was terrified about this. This was the scene in the script that had me the most nervous, and for ridiculous reasons, like there is something about watching people run on screen that you can look the gate, your gate. You can look like an idiot, or you can look okay. You know, like if you you see people run on screen, you're like, that's a weird run. That's it, and it's it's quick and easy to judge. So I was very nervous about that. But I also felt that the here far be it for me to be a writer. But I felt that the scene needed like a button at the end. It didn't, It didn't come together quite right. And I remember the first time I thought about doing it, and in the scene I just halfway through the first take, I decided to do it, and everyone flipped out, like we didn't even like they're like are you okay? Oh my god, what happened?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 3: Can we get a medican here?
Speaker 1: Someone?
Speaker 3: I was like, no, no, no, no, it was a bit.
Speaker 1: It was a bit. Guy. That's pretty courageous of you to do a unscheduled, almost proudfall on a treadmill running.
Speaker 3: That's advanced, Scott, Thank you, my friend. Well, I pride myself on physical comedy, although I never get to do it. My wife sichem at home and my wife is sick of it.
Speaker 1: But it was.
Speaker 3: It was Unfortunately they liked it after they calmed down and I had to do it, you know, seven more times.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, good thing you survived. I liked it because you were such a good ying yang for Sarah, because you're both sort of goofy and nervous and neurotic, and it was just so she's doing all this ridiculous stuff and you're seemingly holding it together and then she looks away and you trip on the treadmill. I thought that was really funny.
Speaker 3: Thanks man.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: You know, finding it's always a hard thing when you first come onto a show. Even even though you guys were in your first season. This is the twentieth episode, so to try to establish a character amongst all these other characters is a really hard thing to do. And Sarah and I talked about it a bit, and you know, I think what we came up with for Sean and worked ultimately. You know, he got a little more confident as the show went on and his episodes got there. But it was fun playing this sort of nervous, neurotic, uh somewhat insecure kid. It was really interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're your your character arc throughout the show is it's really it's very interesting because you do start off, you and Sarah are pretty much the same character. You're just the male version of her. And then all of a sudden you develop this confidence, right, and then you lose this confidence all of a sudden when she breaks up with you out of nowhere, you know, when you grow the beard and.
Speaker 1: And and he for learnedly rides a dolphin.
Speaker 3: They had me doing some strange things, which I hope we get to talk about in future episodes. Look at where I am inviting myself over.
Speaker 1: You know, absolutely, Scott, you are so good for our ratings that we are to have you back. I hope you'll come back on episodes.
Speaker 3: You have nothing to do with I would love to just to make fun of people.
Speaker 1: Know, we're already you're you're, we're already inviting you back because we have to talk about SeaWorld.
Speaker 2: Uh and uh oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I would like to say that I know younger support SeaWorld, but at the time we were happy to go to the Sea World.
Speaker 2: I remember being so pissed off because I couldn't go. None of my scenes were at Sea World, not so let me run straight. Let me get this straight. Y'all are all gone to San Diego to hang out for a night in San Diego and ride dolphins and I gotta stay back at the mofucking hospital was I was so pissed.
Speaker 1: It was so fun. But this was all before we all saw the documentary Blackfish.
Speaker 3: And yes, and now we don't. We don't go there anymore.
Speaker 1: Now we we encourage people to not go there anymore. But before we were.
Speaker 5: All, before we knew, before we knew, before we were animal woke and Scott, you you did get to forlornly ride a dolphin, which is one of the coolest things anyone could ever do in their career.
Speaker 3: The things that I got to do on this show were still some of the highlights of my career. I mean, between riding on the dolphin, doing this Betty the seal bit. I don't know if you remember this, but I had like a phone call with Sarah and I turned my head in this steal turns his head towards me, and I look away like it sticks its tongue out of me. I got to be like a like damn close to a killer whale and a bluga whale, and it was a it was a really amazing experience, and I'll never forget it.
Speaker 1: Think how sad that whale was, Scott while you were acting with it.
Speaker 3: I had no idea. It didn't let on, you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna get mail for that one.
Speaker 1: Scott's I had no idea. I did not know.
Speaker 3: I didn't say a damn thing.
Speaker 1: I would have been.
Speaker 3: I would have had his bad Listen.
Speaker 1: We're trying to buy it back with some karma now by saying don't support it any longer. So there you go.
Speaker 2: There you go, boy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about let's talk about when he goes. I love when he goes what are you eight eleven?
Speaker 4: With?
Speaker 1: With with Hoffner, I go, he goes, what are you serving for dinner? The night, and I go, that's that's not really my area. He goes, I'd like chicken.
Speaker 2: That guy was great.
Speaker 1: He just chicken, chicken, chicken.
Speaker 3: So I was I don't know where. I don't know where in the show that is, But I want to talk for a second about you two singing on the fire escape. Yeah, which was a I loved it, and I loved the musical theater references, and those are something that find a home throughout the life of this television show. But the smile that you had on your face, Zach, we were unable to hide made me rewind it two or three times to be like, is he just smiling because he's singing?
Speaker 1: Or no, no, no, he can't hold back his laugher Scott, I had a Phantom of the opera beach towel hung on my wall as a child.
Speaker 3: I'm very aware this was me living my best life. It was your Seinfeld moment. Someone your Seinfeld moment, unable to hide your smile.
Speaker 1: Someone was paying me well to hold donald and sing musical theater to him. I was like, how could life get better than this?
Speaker 3: It was fantastic, and I appreciated you not being able to contain your Life show.
Speaker 1: Getting a getting a lead in a TV show was was enough. Now you're letting me sing a love song to Donald on a fire escape. Come on.
Speaker 3: It was great. And by the way, the way you guys did the dancing in the hallway, everybody looked professional was going far.
Speaker 1: Everyone well, obviously everyone that wasn't the lead was a dancer and.
Speaker 2: The best I've ever seen Sarah dance. Also to me to.
Speaker 1: Sarah can dance, Sarah, she can't sing, but she can dance.
Speaker 2: Dude. She was on fire and this ship, dude, like I've seen Sarah dance, and Sarah dances like you know, Sarah Dan, I'm not gonna do. She knows. Sarah dances like she dances.
Speaker 1: Well, she knows her. She has her little thing she does, which was agnorable. But she she was doing like full on you know, Broadway choreography.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, yes he was. But Rob Mashio, Rob Mascio, did you know? I wonder if Rob Maschio ever did musical theater. I bet he did. I bet he did.
Speaker 1: We should have a section where we go to Rob.
Speaker 2: This is a Bill Lawrence question.
Speaker 1: No, we should go to Rob. And now we go to Rob.
Speaker 3: No, he's like a correspondent.
Speaker 1: Rob. Yeah, going to Rob live. Rob is a very successful realtor now at the beach. Scott. I don't know if you know that. So when you're ready to buy your beach house, you better use Rob Mashio.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to be ready to buy my beach house for a while, well one, but I'll use him when I do.
Speaker 1: Yes, I encourage anyone. We always like to give Rob shout outs. You can get Rob on cameo and you can pay him a nominal fee to send you a video where he high fives your friends. So go on cameo and hire Rob Mashio. And of course, if you're looking for real estate on the West side of Los Angeles, we encourage you to hire him.
Speaker 3: I'd like to go on cameo and have him and pay him whatever it costs just to watch him run line.
Speaker 1: By the way, Scott, I'm going to I don't know what's your birthday, I'm going to send you a cameo from Rob.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's great.
Speaker 3: July fifteenth, that's coming on, it's coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Hope Rob will give it to me for free, but if not, I'm willing no, no, no cameo makes your pay. Okay, I'm gonna donald. Don't you think we should hire Rob to give sent Scott Follio a high five cameo?
Speaker 2: I think that would be the best thing ever. And if you have to share it too, you.
Speaker 1: Know you can get Really my brother loves baseball more than anything, and they have like old school you know, they have sports players. Is that what you call them? Sports? Sports players? Sports people? Sure, athletes, Yes, they have athletes, athletes, sports players. They have famous sports players and uh and.
Speaker 3: Ball and bad guys.
Speaker 1: But some of them are like I don't know if you like Lenny Dykestrong. Don't if you've heard Lenny Dykstraw starring lately, but he's you know, he's gotten a little wacky. And I was thinking about getting Leny Dyster from my brother to like send him a message.
Speaker 3: Are you guys on that you do cameo?
Speaker 1: I'm not on there, but I I occasionally scroll it because there's some people that I think would be very funny to hire for other people. Yeah, and uh, and so I've I've thought about it, but uh, like, like I saw Olivia Wilde I follow on Instagram and I'm friends with her, and she she loved that that documentary Cheer. I don't know if you saw Cheer, yes, but one of her friends hired all the kids, all the kids from Cheer are on there, hired every single one of them to send her birthday messages, and so for her feed on her birthday was all the kids from Cheers sending your birthday messages. I thought that was that's so cool.
Speaker 3: That's a great idea.
Speaker 1: So there you go, gift, it's a great gift idea. There you go, I'm giving. I'm giving Cameo a shout out. Although Donald and I are not on there.
Speaker 2: Have you guys, Have you guys ever met anyone that's as competitive as these guys are on the show that just you know, uh, you are competent. You think I'm competitive?
Speaker 1: No, not in life, but sports wise, you are when it comes to when you were in the day.
Speaker 2: When it comes to playing sports against anyone, absolutely, regardless of what it is, I want to win your absolutely. By wait, I don't know if you know anybody in life that's like that, other than Bill Lawrence. I was gonna say Bil Laura, but other than Bill Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Hill is the most competitive person I know in real life.
Speaker 2: Where you where it's like, you can't walk, don't walk faster than him, He's gonna think it's a race.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is probably why it's in the scripts, because.
Speaker 3: I have a funny Bill Lawrence walking story. We were in We took a trip from Probue when we were shooting Whiskey Cavalier over to Amsterdam. And if you guys have never been there, it's a huge bicycle culture, right, Everyone rides bikes around. So we're walking down the sidewalks and wherever you wherever you are, you're inundated with these bicycle bells ringing constantly telling you to get out of the way, and you don't know where they're coming from, and you're looking behind you and you're always stepping off trying to get out of the way. And we were walking down and there was nobody around us. It had to be two in the morning. We've just seen a raiding concert in Amsterdam.
Speaker 2: Every show episode.
Speaker 3: Shout out my wife was he you know, Bill was like, we're gonna go fly to Amsterdam and go see him. And he does this song and my wife is like, oh my god, yes to sing only you. So of course in the middle of this thing, He's like and for Marika, only you, and she's like tearing up. I'm like, I think he's making fun of you.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 3: He doesn't want to sing the song. But we're we're walking back to the hotel and there's you know, it's dead, it's two in the morning, and there are all these bikes parked along. Nobody's riding bikes, but they're all sort of chained up along the sidewalk and we're walking. Bill's a couple uh steps ahead of me and I ring one of these locked up bikes bells. He damn near went to his knees.
Speaker 1: He was so afraid.
Speaker 3: He was such a PTSD. I've never seen Bill.
Speaker 2: Like oh God like he he.
Speaker 3: I don't think he'll ever go back to Amsterdam, because.
Speaker 2: All right, we went to Amsterdam together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Donald and I went to Amscham together.
Speaker 2: Oh that was dangerous.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know if we can tell any of those stories.
Speaker 2: I don't think we can.
Speaker 1: I know they want to hear it. We had some good time in Amstam.
Speaker 2: Did you guys have a good time in Amsterdam? It was the best, the best, Yeah, I mean it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't like that kind of good time because we were sort of was with work people, I know, but it was that kind of good time.
Speaker 1: He tried God's let Us and it was delicious.
Speaker 3: Oh Jesus, you didn't have one of those what are those?
Speaker 1: What? This was before God's let us? This is before God's let Us was legal in California. We were really Yeah, they really like it over there, you know.
Speaker 3: Now we had it was a moon pie or there's something like that over there that you eat and it just wrecks you.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I wish, I mean, I wish I would have known.
Speaker 1: Guys, this is a real show. Now we're not just two guys doing this out of their closets. We have to go to advertisers. Will be right, We'll be right back. We're back. I'm looking at I'm looking at both Scott Fully and Donald Faison in their closets. Scott's has to continually wave his arm to make his lights go. I wish we were recording the video of this, because it would be the light.
Speaker 2: We'll start putting them out. We'll start putting one, all right, bring them in.
Speaker 1: Joelle and uh Dana just the mic for Donald's Oprah introduction because you know it can get loud.
Speaker 2: Donald, please adjust your mic for the Okay, I'll back up a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's okay. Worried about it. No, he's ready. He's a professional.
Speaker 2: Donald.
Speaker 1: Here comes Jenny.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Jenny Pulston.
Speaker 1: I think it's Puleston. Is it Puleston?
Speaker 3: Jenny, Yes, that's correct, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: Hi, Jenny, welcome to Fake Doctor's Real Friends. You picked a very good day to beyond because we have a very funny and handsome guest named Scott Foley. You might know him from the show Scandal, Felicity, Whiskey, Fox Trot, Scrub Whiskey Cavalier. Hy Jenny, Sorry, Scott, Scott. Scott, Scott, do not flirt with Jenny. Okay, this is our God.
Speaker 3: She's there, got all the flags behind her. She looks fantastic.
Speaker 1: Jenny, are you where are you calling in from?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 6: I live in Canberra, Australia. Canberra is the capital city of my fine country on.
Speaker 3: The West Coast.
Speaker 2: Yes it is, Scott.
Speaker 1: Scott's showing off that he knows it's on the West Coast.
Speaker 3: I lived in Australia Jenny, I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Wait, when did you live in Australia as a kid.
Speaker 3: I lived in Sydney for four years and snives Sydney.
Speaker 2: Wow is it near?
Speaker 1: Is it near Perth?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay Jesus, but it's near Melbourne.
Speaker 3: No, well, Sydney is near Melbourne closer.
Speaker 1: But no, it's on the west coast of Australia. This is so embarrassing. I want I want everyone to know that the American public school system spends very little time on geography. I think it was like two weeks in seventh grade or Australia. Yes, yes, Jenny, thank you for coming on the show. Do you have a question for any of us? You can ask us anything, ask us anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just wanted to say I started watching your show when I was in my early twenties, like you guys were, and it really resonated with me. Then I just started my career. I had a mentor you know, learning to do things on your own without a safety net. And then I watched the series again a few years later when I had my children and they were babies and I was up at the night, I put it on and certain episodes resonated in a different way because I a parent and researched every school holidays and there's something new that pops up that's, you know, based on an experience that I've just had. It just makes me think of, you know, something different. So I just wanted to know, with your experience of the last twenty years, what advice would you give to your younger selves?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Oh man, you mean? I mean?
Speaker 1: I says real people are our characters. Yeah, no people, oh, real people.
Speaker 2: While while making the show, I wish I could have been more present, you know what I mean. I hate to jump in front of you, Scott, but I got to get to this right away. Yeah, I was so not there. Let's say, when we were making that, I was very much worried about being out and about I was more interested in what came with what came after work than what came with work back when we were making Scrubs, and I wish I could have been more present at when it came to doing my job back then. That's the one thing that I look back and say, you know what, I know, I know I had fun, and I know I enjoyed myself. I wish I could have experienced all of that while making it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my reaction is similar in a sense that you know, I think we took it for granted that this would happen all the time. That is to say that, you know, we've spoken this on other podcasts before, that these really special friendships would would be on every job we did.
Speaker 3: And and.
Speaker 1: I think, and we've discussed before, you know how we've all gone on and done these other jobs and some some are successful, some or not, but still to this day, the bond that we all had that comes across on the screen. I think it's the reason people really. One of the reasons, of course, the writing first and foremost, but another reason was that the love that you see between these characters was real.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: We're watching people who genuinely cared as much about each other in real life as they did as the characters did on screen. So I think that I think I took that for granted. I was a young actor. This is my first big job, and I thought, oh, this is what it's always like to be on a set. Everyone loves each other, everyone wants to hang out on weekends even after we've worked all these days, and oh my god, the scripts are always hilarious, and it took so many years to be like, oh no, this is a diamond in the rough. Not only the writing staff that Bill assembled was just the dream team. I mean, they've all gone off to be here, usually successful on their own right, but but also just the bond that that the seven main characters of us had was something I haven't really ever seen again, whether I'm an actor or a director. It's just it was just so rare. So that's what I think too. It's a similar answer to Donald.
Speaker 2: Now Scott's been on three, in my opinion, three very successful shows. I'm interested to hear how.
Speaker 1: He might not. He might not have an answer related to ours, though not to ours.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but I'm interested in hearing if it was like that for each one of those successes, you know what I mean, like Felicity, you know.
Speaker 3: I think, just directly answering your question, I think I for me, looking back, if I had to do it again, I would I would try to relax. I think I was holding on really tight. It was very important to me. I didn't I didn't go to college, I didn't want to do anything else. This was my only shot. Really, like if I wasn't going to be a working actor, be digging holes. You know, I don't know what else I'd do, So I was. I was really uptight and nervous about making sure I got it right and and really focused on work. And I think I h if I had to do it again, I'd take a breather and be more like Donald, but not not that far.
Speaker 1: Not that far, but you know what I mean, Like we were.
Speaker 3: I was young and wanted to be successful and was working towards a goal. But you know, at a certain point you got to sort of stop and smell the flowers too.
Speaker 1: Did you guys all get along on Scandal?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: I was hoping that I was hoping to get some clickbait going, here's gotting.
Speaker 3: No, man, I've been I was looking for ever since I'd done Scrubs. I was looking for a show that had a similar vibe, a similar friendship, not just in front of the camera but behind it. And I found it on Scandal, and we still keep in touch. I get texts where I have a group chain, group text chain, I get something multiple things daily. Uh, we vacation together?
Speaker 1: Could I join that?
Speaker 3: Texts Scott, if you have something to offer i'd love I do.
Speaker 1: You know I have a long history with Tony Goldman and I know you do, yes, And I'm I love that man a lot. And he directed a movie I was in called The Last Kiss, and we've stayed friendly over the years, and I just think he's a very very special human being. I wish he was the real Press. I wish he was the real President.
Speaker 3: I think we all wish someone else was the real president right now. Sorry, Jenny, that's not what you're right, that's what you're getting.
Speaker 1: You don't have to bring an Australian into our political situation. Jenny, Do you have another question for any of us?
Speaker 6: Yes, I do, because I want to look at for my fellow Australians. I just want to ask, why do you think doctor Cox takes two Jackmans.
Speaker 1: You know, this is a question that's been asked so often and we never answered it. I think we're going to throw it to Bill. But my theory is that Cox, who was such an alpha competitive guy, was jealous because at the time Hugh Jackman when we were making the show. It was right at the time with Hugh Jackman exploding and becoming a megastar who was not just your average megastar. He was doing everything. He could see it.
Speaker 2: Everything he could see it.
Speaker 1: He could dance, he could host award shows, he could be an action star, he could be a dramatic star. He was you know, it was he was everywhere and he was doing everything, and everyone liked him. It wasn't like you know, a lot of stars become polarizing. He wasn't everybody. Everybody loved him.
Speaker 2: This dude could this dude could host the Tony's and then stamp somebody up as Wolverine Man.
Speaker 4: It was like it was like just.
Speaker 2: One eight.
Speaker 1: So I think, Jenny, that's my guess is that Cox was the character of Cox was jealous of this handsome, you know, muscular man who could do anything and everything and people just loved him and adored him, and so he was jealous of him. But let's ask Bill. That's a good ask Bill, Bill. The fans have been asking for many years, and now a very nice woman from Australia has asked, and we just have to get the answer. Why does doctor Cox hate Hugh Jackman so much?
Speaker 7: Look, we love Hugh Jackman. When we were trying to come up with who doctor Cox hated, for no reason. I think we thought it was important that we came up with somebody that everybody loved and that could do everything. I mean, who has anything against Hugh Jackman.
Speaker 2: He's Wolverine.
Speaker 7: You know, he's in action movies.
Speaker 2: He's apparently a lovely guy.
Speaker 7: He's handsome, he's like People Magazine's sexiest person. He can sing, he can dance, you know, five six seven eight, slid that one in. He starred in the music Man on Broadway, and that Peter Allen thing. He's just too damn talented. My buddy Scott Foley, is there, Scott torture them, Jenny.
Speaker 2: I hope that worked for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, five six seven eight? No, no, no, no, you know what, most people only Bill usually gets the song when he says it. But because Scott so darn charming, Dan hit the button.
Speaker 2: Again, they couldn't control them.
Speaker 1: Let me control, Let me control my own tiny little universe.
Speaker 2: Please, Jenny, I'm going to give you one more question.
Speaker 1: Third question, Uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: My other question was what was your proudest moment from being on the show. You're proud of performance?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I really enjoyed doing the musical theater. Uh, the the musical episode I had a lot of fun doing that. Growing up, I did a lot of musical theater, but not at that scope or that level. And a lot of the people that you know, we're in scrubs the musical I saw later on in La La Land or whatever, and that made me feel really good. Like, you know, I danced with some of the some of LA's best dancers and stuff like that, and got to perform with some of LA's best and you know, as you know, anybody comes here to make it in the industry, and it felt good to be amongst Hollywood's elite dancers and being able to dance with them. I really enjoyed that. I'm very proud that I'm going to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm proud of that episode too, And also I'm really proud of you know, it was a really underappreciated thing. But we did this sort of Princess Briane homage episode that was the fantasies and sort of a medieval thing, and it kind of it was I believe it was during the Ryer strike season and the season ended early and we didn't know if the show was coming back, and it was. It was sort of presented as the season finale and possibly a series finale, because no one knew if we were coming back, and so it kind of got treated like, oh, what does that have to do with Scrubs or ending the show? And but I really am proud of the directing work I did on it, and uh, and I think it looks really pretty and and it was a huge scale for for some scope was huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was big, and we spent a lot of money and I think it looked like it and a lot of people worked very hard on it. And then it sort of got underappreciated because people were like, please tell me, that's not the series finale, and I was like, no one meant that that was the series finale. But I thought that was good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love that episode.
Speaker 1: I remember, thank you, thank you, Jenny. All Right, we have to to move on, but thank you so much for coming on the show, Scott, do you want to say anything Jenny? Thank her for coming on.
Speaker 3: I'd like to thank you for coming on the show too, Jenny. I hope forgive me for getting into this, but I hope everything's everyone's okay now that you guys have those terrible fires and we were all sort of thinking about you over over on the side of the world. So I'm glad you guys are better.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been a big, very difficult year, but yeah, we're all getting there.
Speaker 1: Scott's message was nicer than mine, so I would like to say that I hope everything's okay.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares.
Speaker 3: Nobody cares.
Speaker 1: That's what we called a callback choke. Everybody, all right? Thank you, Jenny, thanks yanks much. Very sweet, very very sweet.
Speaker 2: Yo. J D is a rat. Hold up, let's get into this. JD is a little beach. He's a rat. He is a rat. D.
Speaker 1: I tell you though, how funny is that fantasy with me on Johnny's lap?
Speaker 2: It's very golly.
Speaker 1: But you are a blue hat. He goes, Who's he goes, who's my big boy? Hi? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that. They they show you the two the two sides of you know, when something bad happens, they show you the two sides. They show you the one that runs right to the principle and it's like and and cries to the principal. Oh yeah, and he did this. And then they showed the other person who runs to the principal and freaking tells the principal off John C's character. Cox is the dad that goes to the school and beats up the bully for fucking with his kid. You know what I mean, twelve year old boy fucking with his son. Oh, you're gonna touch my son like that? How about this? Go tell your dad, don't tell your dad that doctor Cox smack the shit out of you. And it goes it goes south. But it was very interesting to watch the two dynamics, like one guy, one guy is a complete rat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the other funny. I didn't even see that. I didn't even see that interpretation of it. But that's smart that that is exactly what happens. It's it's the two sides of a coin of how you deal with the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, why.
Speaker 1: Would why would Turk even promise to side with me? I mean, he's a really good doctor. We know that he's not gonna go not not It's almost ridiculous that he would even say, Yeah, don't worry, ILL back you up. He's gonna come in and give his honest analysis.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, I think he was. I think Turk was trusting, Uh, the fact that you had done your job and you know, you were literally calling him in for a favor. Yo, just just tell this dude that he doesn't have anything to worry about. And then when Turk looked at it like bullshit, wait, hold on, hold on, wait right, you gotta you got I look at it like, you know, if there's any if there's a slight chance that Turk gets the opportunity to operate, he's gonna say, yeah, I'm gonna operate, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's a real thing. Obviously taken from Obviously this is all inspired by what we were told by real doctors, that the surgeons are more apt to be like let's cut him up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get it out, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do our let's do our thing. And I love uh at twelve fifteen when when when the janitor is giving my patient advice and he's like, I'm gonna go with surgery, and I go, he's a janitor and he goes, but he seems confident. Again, the guy did not say a sentence, but.
Speaker 2: I didn't laugh out loud at very funny.
Speaker 1: How about Sarah all dolled up for Scott Foley at thirteen forty five?
Speaker 3: Beautiful How lucky was I in my stupid big overcoat? But your jacket?
Speaker 1: Why was your jacket eleven size is too big?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Did you not have a fitting?
Speaker 1: Do you remember it was like that jacket only.
Speaker 3: Three The only thing I could chalk it up to was that was just the what people were wearing back then. But it seemed really big.
Speaker 2: That was huge, dude, it.
Speaker 3: Was the Harmani baggy look back then.
Speaker 1: I don't know, do you really think it was style or just fit wrong? Because you're you're you're supposed to be playing this like heart throb and and there there you are. I mean, you should be looking like in a nice outfit.
Speaker 3: I have to think it's it was style or else someone. I mean, there's you know, no less than three people, but maybe thirty people on set who should be like, hey, he looks really stupid in that.
Speaker 1: And it must have been it must have been the style.
Speaker 2: The style. It had to be style, because that jacket would it came down to your knees almost, and it was.
Speaker 3: Huge, and it was like a doctor's smock. She's a monster, just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought Sarah looked U beautiful moment.
Speaker 2: And then I think she looked beautiful even after her.
Speaker 1: I know, even with Huke. And it was so funny. She's covered with little puke and blood and poop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, they did a really good job with her.
Speaker 2: And that was it was.
Speaker 1: And then you remember filming, you guys, you guys get into that really funny, awkward poop conversation. They cut, they cut to Judy. It's so funny because you guys are awkwardly flirting about poop and you cut the Judy's dead pan face. Well, you know.
Speaker 3: And then right after that there's a there's a great moment where the nurse has like, you know, uh, Sarah and Judy you're talking. You know, I don't think anybody noticed. It's not a big deal. And then one of the nurses walk by and says, hey, poopy, which I thought was just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Helma. Yes, I'm really I'm really noticing it all these years later that many of Aloma's lines are moving. She's always walking away, the always on the move, Hey poopy.
Speaker 3: That we slaugh her into someone else's shot.
Speaker 2: But that was very funny to you. Your whole conversation on how you took a poop not here but not here before, but before earlier I was down there.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, we we we delve into their relationship for in other episodes, but I think that's really the foundation for them. You know, poop is the foundation. It's a house built on poop.
Speaker 2: It well, you know, the relationship didn't last long, and we know poop is not a problet.
Speaker 3: Founder depends on what your head.
Speaker 1: They should not have built their house on a foundation of poop. What about in fourteen twenty when the jentleman goes, look, I'm just a joender. I don't know, but I know this.
Speaker 2: You need surgery. How did he get in that room? How he.
Speaker 3: Was that the was that the beginning of the speech where at the end of it he grabs a newspaper and goes back into the toilet.
Speaker 2: Uh no, that's a different that's that was geez.
Speaker 1: That's before he starts going like, that's the that's the mast moment with my patient. But then yeah, then we cut around to him going to all of my patients around the entire hospital, telling them they all need surgery.
Speaker 2: You have that.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious and Neil's so funny.
Speaker 2: That I'm having surgery right now.
Speaker 1: Oh that was that was great. I'm having surgery and I'm loving it.
Speaker 2: And I'm loving it.
Speaker 3: It's a bizarre infomercial, man.
Speaker 1: And then Donald, what do you say, Let's get you out of your skin, skin, Let's cut you out to your skin. I'm having that. Girl did a great job. I'm having surgery right now and loving it.
Speaker 3: You know, the writers always have always done a good job on this show of finding really subtle gender specific moments that there's something that and I think Bill takes a lot of it from Christa. You know, there's moments where he's like, there was a character at one point in the show. I don't remember what season it was, but a woman talks about chewing on her thumbnail until it bleeds at the side of her thumbtail bleeds, which is a very specific sort of woman thing. And there was a moment in here where Judy says, you know, I'm I'm not sure there's a cat heaven, like I don't tell Church. I sometimes cried becase I'm not sure there's a cat heaven. Like I thought that was a genius, really subtle gender specific moment, really spirit of.
Speaker 1: What you're saying, Scott. Then they cut to Sarah, and the look on her face is like, there's no cat heaven. Yeah, what do you mean there's no cat heaven. It's a really really it's a really subtle moment, but they cut to Sarah's face as though she's just heard, like for the first time there's no cat heaven, like she's just had Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: Room for her.
Speaker 3: I thought it was great, man, I thought it was really smart, and Judi delivered it beautifully. The amount of times I'll run into my wife and be like, Hey, why are you crying, She's like, never mind, and you know it's because she's not sure if there's a cat Heaven's something ridiculous like that.
Speaker 1: At seventeen twenty one, Sarah bumps into Colonel Doctor and I just was exciting because you know, Colonel Doctor didn't always get a lot of foreground time, but he got a little foreground moment Coleman's law, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't even see that. That went completely over my head. I missed that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's even in the Scrubs wiki, and I love about We call him Colonel Doctor because that's what we thought his name was, but because it's eventually revealed that his name is Coleman's Law. It says in the Scrubs Wiki, like Sarah bumps into Coleman's Law the Scrubs Wiggy, the Scrubs Wiggie is so is so accurate that they call Colonel doctor coleman slaws law.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: At twenty thirty five, the patient in bed is Richard Wells. Yes, was our are very he was our best first AD, first.
Speaker 2: AD and UPM. Also he went on to be r U p M later on when Scott Harris and uh, that's right, Franklin got better to we.
Speaker 1: Should say for those for those of you who don't know, a first ad, a first assistant director is the man or woman who was sort of running the set making sort of the one calling out saying, okay, here we go, we gotta move. Really you think of that in theater like the stage manager, but keeping everyone moving along uh and uh, and sort of the team leader. So the director can ideally focus on the creative aspects of things.
Speaker 2: Well, the first idea is usually the bad guy. Let's just put it that way. The first idea is the one that you come to with all the problems. You don't necessarily go back torect Yes, well.
Speaker 1: Richard Wells was so great at his job and one of the best first ads I've ever worked with. And and I forgot that he did a cameo and here he is as one of my patients that finally finally says he'll he'll go the medical route, solely because the janitor has told him so at the end of the episode.
Speaker 2: Also, also, Richard Wells directed a few episodes of Scrubs. Also, uh, he did a lot on the show. He wasn't just the ad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when he became I was bummed though when he when he decided to become the UPM and he was no longer on set because.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question, Yes, what is a UPM?
Speaker 1: A UPM is a production manager unit production manager, handling the organization of everything the un up If you need a crane, the UPM is the one often calling the rental house and saying, we need a crane on Tuesday. Who's bringing it? Timmy and John the line producer kind of underneath the line producer, organizing anything and everything that the nuts and bolts of a production. Scott, you switched to eating, I see.
Speaker 3: Well, I switched to my damn things running out of batteries and I can't hear a fucking thing now. But yeah, it's my anniversary. So my wife made me these things, and I got to eat him before I come out of my closet, unless she's gonna say, like, why didn't you eat the cookie I made you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: How many years?
Speaker 2: How many? Thanks so much? Thirteen years? Oh my good, thirteen years. Wow? Yeah, wow, yeah, sorry, that's great.
Speaker 3: And I was excited. You know, I thought I could just listen to your explanation of line producer versus UPM and no one would notice.
Speaker 1: But I forgot that. I'm sure everyone tuned out when I started describing a UPM. All right, listen, we did it as uh as Howard Stern says, we've said it all. This has been really fun, Scott, did you have a good time?
Speaker 3: I loved being here. I love seeing your faces.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, we haven't. We haven't had the chance to see too many people recently, so it meant a lot to me, and it uh, it has meant a lot to me to be a bit a part of this, have been a part of this show. I look back fondly on it and consider both of you good friends of mine, so I appreciate you having me on.
Speaker 1: Well, we miss you, dude.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, Yeah, I miss you, man, I I uh, I gotta tell you. You know, we talk about it all the time. I ran in the chip at vote voting, Uh, Jeff bur Yeah and uh and I was like, you know, we gotta we gotta get together again. And this was I thought. This was back when we thought this pandemic would last about a month and a half. And it's uh. You know, I'd love to get out and play golf with you again once this is all said and done.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll find the time watch. I'd love to watch you defeat Bill and tennis if possible.
Speaker 3: Well, if we'll find out when he's injured, and then we'll go out and play.
Speaker 1: Because I can't because I can't beat Bill in any sports. I often try and find people that can beat him so I can just watch.
Speaker 3: Game. Hey, you know, I wanted to talk about and I don't know if you remember this before we go. You know, Donald and I have had the chance to work together, not just on a bunch of things, but you and I aside from scrubs, and this is something I regret very much after doing I don't know what, however, meant two or three episodes in the first season. You wrote a short film about robots.
Speaker 1: Maybe probably I love robots.
Speaker 3: And you sent me the script and I was busy doing something else so I couldn't do it. But I've always regretted not being able to work with you as a director on something you wrote, and that was that. There's still something I look back on. I totally remember it.
Speaker 1: It was a I can't believe remember that. I vaguely remember it too. I was trying to start directing things because I had gone to film school and I was and I was doing scrubs and it was so amazing. But of course in my mind as a as a young go getter, was thinking I got to start making stuff. And I wrote that a wacky short, and I asked you to be in it. But thank you for almost saying yes. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I absolute would have said yes if I wasn't able to. But I look, I love both you guys, and we'll hopefully work with you until we die on different things.
Speaker 1: I mean a really cool short film recently Scott that you should check out. It's called In the Time It Takes to get there, and I guess I've taken this opportunity to give a shout out to that short. So if you're listening to this, check it out.
Speaker 3: It's got in the time it takes to get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got Alicia Silverstone, Donald's old co star, and it's got Florence Pugh, the very exciting young actress Oscar nominee, and it's really good and it's on YouTube and you can go watch it. It was Adobe had this contest where people college kids could design a movie poster, and the winning movie poster design using photoshop. The prize was that I would write and direct a short film inspired by the movie poster.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, you know, I saw an article about that. Anytime I see you guys names in any sort of press, I check it out. And I saw an article about this, so I will definitely check it.
Speaker 1: Check it out. I recently wont a webbye for it, which is a which is a cool web award. But check it out. Nobody cares, Zach, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Anybody could see Donald's face when he says that right now? I wish if he was his hands on his head.
Speaker 1: I wish everyone could see my face right now. Because I've successfully to feel sad.
Speaker 3: You're not, but you look like you're sitting underneath.
Speaker 1: By the way, I want you to know that I knew everybody listening would be like, oh, I can't wait for him to say nobody cares Sean. I'm the only one in this You've said it multiple times, Donald Has, I'm the only one who never said those nobody cares Zach Well.
Speaker 3: The problem is you said them to begin with, and not a day goes by where someone either personally or on social media doesn't comment or say nobody. I mean I could say happy birthday to my lovely wife of thirteen years or happy anniversary of thirteen years, and I'll get six nobody cares Sean's well, and it makes me equally happy and fucking irate.
Speaker 1: All Right, I get it, man. Well, listen, we we got Bill was saying five six seven eight on this podcast, and I post something on on Instagram and every other comment is five to six seven eight.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you were You texted me are you ready to come on? And I think I just wrote back five six seven eight, and your response was like, yeah, okay, we get it.
Speaker 1: Listen, guys, you've gone an hour and a half. Uh, this has been amazing. We love the fans. Thank you for listening. We hope we're making you laugh a little in these crazy times. That's our hope. You can email questions to Scrubs iHeart at gmail dot com. Please follow Donald on Instagram. He's very envious of the amount of followers I have.
Speaker 2: Dude, you have like one million, one point three million on Instagram. Yeah you guys, I have six hundred thousand and two.
Speaker 1: Well, listen to Scott.
Speaker 2: I follow you on Instagram. By the way, thanks man.
Speaker 1: It's you can follow Scott Foley too, and look at how handsome he is.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see you next time.
Speaker 4: Whose stories that show we made about.
Speaker 1: A bunch of times and nurses in the janitor who love?
Speaker 4: I said, here's the stories next.
Speaker 2: All should know.
Speaker 4: So gather round you here, our gather round you here, our scure shows and no m