Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's stroll down to the stocks on the move today, and for that we go to Isabelle Lee boomer Cross as a reporter or what are you looking at?
Speaker 1: Carnival? It's etching lower by now, actually more than nine percent. Carnival upgraded. So Morgan Stanley upgraded Carnival rather to equal ways from underweight. So the analyst said that a lot of bad news seems to be priced into the Creuse stocks given share price to clients. So basically it's a risk reward looks fair now, But why is the stock plunging on this? They did reduce their price target to twenty one dollars from the previous twenty five dollars, and Creuse stocks in general have really seen a huge drop this year from here today highest averaging around forty one percent. But I feel like an analyst say this, you would want to steer clear of the crew sector when there's a recession or an imminet recession, because who would be taking cruises? Well, I think cruise people are pretty passionate people. I mean, it's almost like a utility to them.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you're right, that's a discretionary spec I've never been to.
Speaker 3: A cruise either, no one here has, so we can't really say I'm Also, you've got a peril and furnishings also falling in the CPI, so if you put them all together, maybe you're seeing a little bit of broader weakness there. What else you're looking at?
Speaker 1: CarMax this is a big drop because it's down by almost seventeen percent, So they back away from the timing of their financial goals. They really just join a long list of companies doing that. Delta is a recent example. They pulled their twenty twenty five profit guidance. So CarMax is a used car retailer. They did make progress towards their target, they said they will, but they didn't give any timeline. Trump's, however, are expected to hit the auto sector in particular with a twenty five percent levey of imports. We have car buyers rushing to dealer lots last buck. So really this is we're going to see if drops even more today. But it's really suffering steep yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I bought my car a few weeks ago. I wasn't thinking about the tariffs, but maybe that was happening that maybe that was good timing. You know.
Speaker 3: He sounds like he bought the car for himself. Let's just be clear. This was an offspring.
Speaker 2: Purchase, right, Yeah, and we released it for the officers.
Speaker 3: But this was a very good elite at the end of the day. And also just goes to show in a tough tape, right, the story about Delton not having guidance very different than like a car max et cetera.
Speaker 1: What else. Lastly, Constellation so all stocks in the red. This is also in the red down four percent. So they are a beer, wine and spirits maker. They issued downbeat guidance, weighed by new tariffs and really muted demand. So the company expects earnings to be lower than estimates for twenty twenty six fiscal year. But this already factors in the tariffs, because we've also heard a lot of companies not factoring in tariffs. We have true with Security saying they were surprised that company offered guidance at all. Even before this, Constellation has been struggling with lackluster sales because we all know that alcohol demand has really been thinking.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.