Speaker 1: Okay, you're here for a brand new second date update today and we want to talk about what we said on YouTube yesterday.
Speaker 2: We put up a second date video of us.
Speaker 1: We did and I think you guys liked it, you know, reading the comments is well, I know, seeing us can be a shocker, you know, like for example, Dominic Mark said, after watching the YouTube video, who is the swol guy and the blonde woman on the Spotify cover? I assume jeff from YouTube videos was bottom right, Brooke was the redhead.
Speaker 2: Jose was obvious. Yeah, but I don't know who's swoll that they're seeing.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm I'm two people.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the thing. Yeah, I'm sorry, I asked now my fifth person in the room, I'm the stupid vie. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyways, all right, go watch that you haven't already and here's your brand new second date update right now.
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 4: We don't normally talk about this, but if you feel like you've made a connection on a first date, when should the second date be put down like in concrete?
Speaker 2: Oo? Oh, I think in the twenty four hours following?
Speaker 3: Wait wait, well no, I'm setting the date.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying when you're trying to schedule it, when should it be locked in by?
Speaker 3: How long is too long to wait?
Speaker 4: Because our listener has been trying for almost a full week and now he's getting to the point where he thinks something must be off where maybe she's avoiding it on purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should have it locked in within twenty four hours, That's what I'm saying. Every day that passes after the date is less chance of you booking that second Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so maybe his confidence is starting to fade. His name is Alex, Alex, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: We probably didn't help your confidence right there, and did we, Alex?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Not really. It's very strange.
Speaker 3: Yeah, brow, we're men. Are you being too subtle? Are you being direct and saying I'd like to see you again?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, I'm being direct.
Speaker 4: Interesting, but you're showing up to her house knocking on the door, being like, when can we go out?
Speaker 5: Not that direct?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, not that direct. That's a good idea.
Speaker 4: Good somewhere in the middle is probably better. But maybe we need to learn more about your first date before we already start jumping to the second one.
Speaker 3: What's this girl's name, by the way, her name is Mia.
Speaker 2: Okay, how'd you guys meet? We always start there.
Speaker 5: You know, on a dating app.
Speaker 6: Very typical.
Speaker 2: Did you know that there was going to be something special about this date going in?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean we're both big baseball fans and love trying new restaurants, so I don't know. We just it felt like a very easy to chat with her.
Speaker 4: Baseball and food go hand in hand, so I mean that's totally okay.
Speaker 2: So what do you guys do on your date?
Speaker 6: So we went to a restaurant. But I have to tell you it was really interesting because I went to her apartment to pick her up.
Speaker 3: And with her permission or without her permission, yeah.
Speaker 5: With her permissions.
Speaker 6: And she told me on the way to the restaurant that she had memorized the whole menu.
Speaker 2: Well, this sounds like going out with.
Speaker 3: I like to act like I'm looking, but I already picked what days ago.
Speaker 4: Everybody studies the menu to pick something out, but to memorize the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the next level.
Speaker 6: So I asked her, like, okay, so what's on page two four down?
Speaker 5: Smart?
Speaker 3: Okay, acquiz you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And she did it.
Speaker 3: Now, Oh, she was joking.
Speaker 2: It was okay, right, because she's a liar. This is better, this is better.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I think I took memorize a little literally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was basically saying, I'm excited for this.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But she did tell me a few thinks she liked. And she was funny. She laughed a lot.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: Actually when we were at the restaurant, she was laughing so much that it was like getting attention from other tables, like it was her laugh is like a machine gun, Like it's like I can't even do an impression, but you can imagine. Oh yeah, totally, that's it. That's it.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Did you put your hand over her mouth and be like you're embarrassing us now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: No, I mean I like the she was comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: I mean what were you too laughing about?
Speaker 6: I mean it was like normal conversation and it was just like you would find little tidbits, little anecdotes that were funny, and that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, you had to be there funny moment. Yeah maybe yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, I do remember one thing we were laughing about, and it's how dates end, because it's always like a little awkward.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: So I asked her like, Okay, what's the most awkward thing that happened to you? And she was like, one guy hugged her and then kissed the back of her neck.
Speaker 3: Ew, yeah, a little what's wrong with that?
Speaker 2: I hope her hair was up because.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean just the visual when she was going into it. It made me crack up because it was hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's not like she's a good storyteller, you know, like I love people like that.
Speaker 3: And also, remember, you're better than that guy. She's like, this is a horror story.
Speaker 2: So she's still I don't know. Did you go in for the neck as a joke at the end?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, okay, that would have been pretty funnyough.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's why I'm not going to get Did you.
Speaker 3: Kiss he from the mouth or on the cheek or on the hand or anything?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So then I drove her back and I opened the door for her, and it was kind of like, okay, what what are we gonna do? Speaking of ends and dates? And then she gave me a really big kiss on the mouth, not the neck.
Speaker 3: That's so good. I don't understand where.
Speaker 2: I know why would it be a week since you've talked to her?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's been four to five days, and like she's not ghosting me.
Speaker 2: She's not. So what does she say when you say, hey, let's go out.
Speaker 6: Like, hey, something came up to me, push this stuff like that, like a little hm generics.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, maybe after the kiss happened, you did something that was a.
Speaker 3: Little off pudding what I don't think so, like.
Speaker 4: Right after the kiss, did you like wipe your mouth and be like, oh, I don't normally kiss on a first.
Speaker 2: Date and then sounds yeah wow, Jeff.
Speaker 3: I agree, it would be horrible if you did that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that definitely didn't happen.
Speaker 5: I don't know why you bring that up.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things Jeff brings up that we're not quite sure on.
Speaker 3: I'm just brainstorming why she wouldn't be calling you back.
Speaker 2: Let's just call her instead. Less brainstorming from Jeff. I was talking to her.
Speaker 4: I have ten other possible things you could have done wrong after you kissed her.
Speaker 2: If you say yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, then we're gonna move on. Fine.
Speaker 4: We will reach out to Mia for you and try and get you your second date. Update normal mouth kissing edition only right after this hold on.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Second date update.
Speaker 4: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we've been getting a peek into the love life of our listener Alex.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes we have.
Speaker 3: The most intriguing part of.
Speaker 4: His date was a story about a different date that the girl had gone on. Where at the end of the night, this mystery guy I'm assuming it's our technical director Ashton went in for a two handed.
Speaker 3: Hug and ended up making out with the back of her neck.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I don't know what base that counts, as it might be caught like in a pickle between first and second.
Speaker 3: But it's a bold move whatever it's called.
Speaker 4: Still, Alex claims that didn't happen with him and Mia. He got the full on two lip tango at the end of the night.
Speaker 2: See it's such a good sign when people share horror stories with the dating because that means you're not one of them.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the conversation was a plus.
Speaker 4: So why is he having such a difficult time locking down a second meetup?
Speaker 3: He has no idea and he needs our help.
Speaker 6: Alex Oh sorry, yeah, yeah, thanks guys, I mean.
Speaker 2: Are you busy right now? Are you doing something else?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, sorry, sorry that was just such a long It was a long preamble. I'm very ready.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's see what happened. But yeah, jeff works. Sorry. Sorry, I was very well written.
Speaker 4: It was like, Alex, I'm so much less inclined to help you.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: That's fine, it's okay. Well dial this school's number.
Speaker 4: We might even say nice things about you too, depending on how it goes.
Speaker 3: But I'm just going to dial the number. Hopefully she picks up.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey, is this Mia?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Hello, who's it?
Speaker 4: This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. You don't have to be scared of us. We're a pretty friendly group.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just not a phone call I've expected the morning, that's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can understand that we do reach out of the blue, but we're trying to help out a listener that you went on a date with recently, a guy named Alex.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, what, Yes.
Speaker 2: I guess your guys' date was like four or five days ago, he said, because we do.
Speaker 3: This thing called second date updates.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you're familiar with that, but if you go out on a date with someone and you're not getting a call back. Listeners can email us and have us reach out on their behalf to figure out if there's a reason why.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, that feels invasive.
Speaker 2: I think it's we're trying to be helpful. I mean, it's not a negative thing.
Speaker 7: What's in it for me? Possibly your friend, I don't know, you pay for it, or gift card or something.
Speaker 4: Well, don't even let's not even worry about.
Speaker 7: I mean, if everything's being aired for the public and my co workers, whoever's listening, I mean, I want something out of it.
Speaker 4: Well, sure, we'll get to that down the road, but first, let's talk about Alex.
Speaker 3: What did you think of him?
Speaker 7: He was nice. He was a really good guy. You know. He teased me a little bit because I like to go into a restaurant prepared.
Speaker 2: He mentioned that you had made a joke that you had memorized the menu.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh yeah, I will look things up ahead of time. I want to make sure there's stuff there that I like.
Speaker 3: Okay, everybody does that.
Speaker 4: We did hear a lot about the date from Alex, and we're wondering if maybe there was any part of it that you didn't like. That might explain why you're not meeting up with him again.
Speaker 7: No, No, he was really nice. It was fun. I just don't know where I am as far as being ready to get into a relationship again.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, what specifically is holding you back from, like, at least just seeing him for one more date, not jumping into a relationship, but just hanging out.
Speaker 7: Okay, this is probably going to be too much information, but.
Speaker 2: Oh I love too much. Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: What do you want to share?
Speaker 7: Well, the last guy I dated, when he broke up with me, he said, I can't date you. You're a terrible kisser.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, kissing chemistry, yeah, kiss.
Speaker 7: So I'm like, okay, well, maybe I just need practice, you know, like work on technique, kiss like thirty different guys, and then just kind of go back and say, see I actually can kiss.
Speaker 2: Wait, go back to your ex and kiss him after you've learned how to.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, no, don't give him the good No, that guy sucks. We're not going to do that.
Speaker 7: I'm going to do it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, this is not going to give you the satisfaction that you think it will.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, no, why instead of going back into that situation why not focus on Alex, who assumingly already thinks you are.
Speaker 3: A good kisser.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he loved the kiss.
Speaker 7: I mean, this is how messed up he put in my head, like the ax I I, before I even go in for a kiss, I will tell a bad kiss story just to kind of like break the ice a bit.
Speaker 2: Oh, because you told that story about the back of the neck.
Speaker 3: Oh that was a move he told you that. Yeah, yeah, we heard.
Speaker 4: We heard about a different date you went on where some guy kissed the back of your neck and you thought that was weird.
Speaker 2: Was that even true?
Speaker 7: She wasn't exactly true, but it definitely helps break the ice for when I go in for a kiss later.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, but he's just a practice, that's the sad part.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he shouldn't feel bad. I've been practicing with a lot of people.
Speaker 4: No, I'm sure he's gonna love to hear that. And he actually already has heard it because he's been listening to this phone call on the other line.
Speaker 3: The entire time. Mia, we don't know, Yeah, waiting to talk to you. So Alex are you there?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Hey, Mi yah, Yeah I heard all of that.
Speaker 7: Oh I'm so sorry. Okay, so I'm.
Speaker 6: Basically being used as like a practice dummy for kissing for you.
Speaker 7: You were I actually really liked you, and I'm like, you're my favorite to practice on.
Speaker 2: Why would you go out on dates?
Speaker 5: Mia?
Speaker 2: Why not just go to a club and start making out with people on the dance floor. It is so easy to get guys to kiss you. I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh, I've done that too.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, she's got to get the whole experience.
Speaker 4: Oh, just anybody who's willing to kiss you and give you a little practice so that you can improve for your ex boyfriend.
Speaker 2: That sucks. That sucks for our guy, man, Yeah it does.
Speaker 6: It doesn't suck for me.
Speaker 7: I'm in the teens already.
Speaker 4: Oh Alex, does this change your mind that you're helping her improve?
Speaker 6: I mean, look, this is a weird situation, but I do appreciate that people that you've kissed you're putting me at number one.
Speaker 2: Well you think it's a compet I mean it's not.
Speaker 7: Really ranking or competition, but you're definitely in the top third.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: I mean, is it possible that there's another way to get good at kissing where you don't have to lock lips with forty strangers.
Speaker 2: Does you just find someone where your chemistry matches? I mean, obviously you two had an amazing kiss. Like he's calling, he's so excited to see you again, Like this is working. The stuff with your ax didn't work. That's why.
Speaker 6: Look, Mia, we had such a great time. Like the kissing is only going to get better. So I'm sure I'll move up to first eventually.
Speaker 2: What you're still to compete?
Speaker 3: It's the competitive side of a guy.
Speaker 7: They have to be number one, which is definitely something my ex would say.
Speaker 2: What we are not over him? Are we? Okay?
Speaker 7: I'm teasing. I'm teasing.
Speaker 6: I'm teasing him now.
Speaker 7: That you should try this. Go out, meet people, kiss different people. It's not as bad as these guys are making it sound. I mean plenty has met, have been kissing and telling for years.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Me, I'm familiar with the concept of dating.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean we do that. Keep on kissing, keep on improving.
Speaker 6: Wait, it seems like you think I'm a good kisser, and you know what, frankly, you're not a very good kisser.
Speaker 5: I mean you're you're for your ex.
Speaker 7: Wow, you sound like my ex.
Speaker 4: You want to hang out that's a healthy thing to say the world.
Speaker 5: I think I'm done with this. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: I don't believe we went this far for you to finally deny her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but after she lied about kissing the other people just to get you to kiss her.
Speaker 7: But you can always get better ping me when you need it.
Speaker 4: In fact, I'm gonna there's a high probability of kissing in the forecast with a chance of hands play if you two would agree to see each other again.
Speaker 2: Think he just said no?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, look, there's been a lot of new information and emotions that have come out during this call, and sure he may have said some stuff in the heat of the moment like no, I'm not interested, But when the dust settles, I bet you he's going to want to give her another chance, especially after thirty seconds of him non stop saying no.
Speaker 3: So, Alex, what do you think?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 6: This is weirder than just a booty call.
Speaker 5: Like it's a lipy call.
Speaker 3: It's not weird if you don't think about it, though. What do you eat on a kissing date?
Speaker 6: Lots of I'm going to pass on that, Okay, we're looking for different things.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we are all right.
Speaker 6: Well she enjoyed kissing me.
Speaker 5: I don't care what she says.
Speaker 2: Now, that's right, you stick with that confidence.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Top third, all.
Speaker 2: The dogs in the city just started barking.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: If you put on your dating profile that you're just looking to make out with a bunch of people to improve kissing enough to get back together with your ex, would.
Speaker 3: That get you more matches or would it get you less?
Speaker 2: More? Girl? Yes, if you're a guy, no more. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The same thing like if a guy put it on his bio, Alexis, would you swipe.
Speaker 3: Right on that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't want to relationship anyway. There you go. Yeah, okay, Yeah, I mean I think honestly goes a long ways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone's changing their bios.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we speak. You're just trying to get better at locking lips.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is going to be a nightmare when she gets back and kisses that ex. Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Or we could be really optimistic and he's like, wow, you've really come a long way.
Speaker 2: She's missing out on the guy that was like decent and nice to go back and kiss her ex.
Speaker 3: It's not a good like Alexi said, who wants that.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Figure out what kissing leads to.
Speaker 5: That's even more fun.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, the level I know that she has forty more dudes to improve on that. No, okay, well, if you want to improve just on your dating life in any way, you can always email our show and we'll call that person who's not calling you back and go to our go to.
Speaker 3: Our podcast and tell us how we can improve on that.
Speaker 2: If you're already there, just leave it in the comments, like.
Speaker 3: Subscribe and comments. Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning