Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Coveno Rich at foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, DP and full of effect.
Speaker 1: Word to your mother. I'm bet you bring up the es Well, he's part of the conversation. I'll explain. Yeah, buddy, there's a method to this madness. Covino and Rich broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Remember shout out to all the affiliates.
Speaker 3: What Up.
Speaker 1: Affiliates all over the country rocking out with us. If you're listening on the iHeartRadio app, What's Up. If you're not, be sure to download the iHeartRadio app and catch us twenty four to seven wherever whenever man make us number one on your preset. Covino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app Fox Sports Radio. I'm Steve Covino, that is Rich Davis, Danny g is here and we be rocking out now. We're also streaming live on YouTube. Covino and Rich FSR we'll pull up the chat. Covino and Rich FSR join the live chat, watch us live watch it later. You can watch what you hear. Iowa, Sam's hanging out if you want to see his dance moves, spots manning the videos and Moncey Ooh, Manzi's here. Everybody's tuning in now because Manzi's here. But we get everybody involved. Welcome to the CNR Show Ensemble, which includes you at home and in the car and at work. Every Thursday we do old school win fifty hits. So we'll talk NBA again. But right now we're talking water Boy nineteen ninety eight came out on this day in nineteen ninety eight, and we're throwing it in a category of underrated comedies because everybody always defaults to Billy Madison, Happy Gilmour and the wedding Singer. I would say those are clearly most people's top three. And here's another little reason I should say sidebar. There you go. Thank you dannyg as to why I Love the water Boy, and that's Henry Winkler's involved. Hi Hi Hi, Hi, coach Kline. Hi Oh, I love Adam II, one of the best dudes we've ever met and just turned eighty. To see the relationship between Adam Saylor and Henry Winkler makes me so happy. You saw it in the movie Click, you saw it in water Boy. I find their friendship fantastic. I love the throwback scenes when you know he was in the seventies and remember we had the big afro and the whole story of the playbook, and dude, there's so many fun story Yeah, there's so many fun moments. And remember whatater sucks? Really really, I was as against Iowa. There's so many moments and reasons to really love that movie, but we sort of overlook it. So we asked this question on the throwback Thursday. Oh and my boy, Joe Montana gets a shout out in the movie. If you remember the best tackler I seen since Joe Montana? What are some other was at the cornerback? You sure some mother?
Speaker 4: Under said Joe underrated comedy, he said, Joe Montagna shows maybe even music, because on this day, Danny, she was talking about that sidebar. Get this this week thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: This week, thirty years ago. Thirty years ago, a song was released and it became the first ever rap song to reach number one on the Billboard charts, Yo VIP and people have the nerve to clown on Vanilla Ice. That dude changed hip hop, whether you want to believe it or not, Ripley's style, whether you want to give him the credit or not, you can't take away from the fact that that dude had everybody doing the Running Man and everybody rapping that song. Oh I knew two words to every song, and that was Happy Birthday and Ice heized baby.
Speaker 5: When this came first dropped in mix shows and on the radio, we all ran to get a copy of it. We thought he was black, we didn't know, nobody knew, and then it turned out he lied about where he was from and all that. I think that's why, Yeah, that's why he gets a lot of backlash to this day.
Speaker 1: First rap song to reach number one on the Billboard Hot one hundred Ice Ice Baby, Vanilla Ice, nineteen ninety November three, all those years ago. So you know, based on that and based on Waterboys Anniversary, just underrated comedies, underrated things that come to mind for you. Well, if you want to tie it all together, Robert van Winkle. Vanilla Ice has starred in Adam Sandler movies. Robbie van Winkle bro to the extreme. He rocks the mic like a vandal. I was saying, trying to think of which one. Yeah, I know which one grown ups? Doesn't he work the teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. He might have been in that one, But I'm thinking of the one with where the Sandman got his teacher pregnant and Andy Samberg's his kid. Oh and Vanilla Ice like a maz character. That one Colin Quinn have a scene. Yeah that is called and you know who's in that? Also my litt Ventimilia. Okay, yeah, I know I could picture it, but I got it is all grown up. No, that is that's smart one. That's my Boy, That's my Boy, so water Boy, water Boy, Bobby Bouche, Foosball's the Devil underrated. What else are we adding to the list? Let's hell talk about it. Hell, I'm gonna add that one. That's My Boy was watchable for sure. I thought you could say role models because you often That's I have these conversations with Rich often. He loves to bring up role models all the comedies because a good comedy, they say, comedies haven't really been the same since the Wedding Crashers, super Bad Era. Those are some of the last great comedies of our life. But they got credit. You know, it didn't get credit. Sean Williams, Scott Paul Rudd. It was fantastic. That cute little black kid that was always uh dude was funny. You know he's grown up now. Jane was in that Like that to me was a fantastic movie. If you've never seen Role Models, that goes so far into the radar. You know what isn't that is his name, Ken Marino from East Fandon Down. Remember he was the dad that was disappointed in his son. I haven't seen it in a minute, So no, I don't. I'm not gonna lie, but you know what I could say, Yeah, yeah, yeah, well mccleven played the Sun. Yeah.
Speaker 6: For a second, I thought Role Models was the one with Adam Sandler.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 6: I literally just like the Role Models because I thought it was a different one. What's that Adam Sandler movie with adults grown ups? Y?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I thought you were talking about. No, those are pretty radio if you've never seen Role Models, Monty, Honestly, it's like, really, no, I've seen it now, but it's been since it came out. You know what movie I think it's it's a sports movie that I think is underrated because nobody talks about it. And it's a comedy, but there's some serious undertones. Goon with Sean William Scott. It's a good one. That was a pretty good movie. No one ever talks about. It's about the hockey goon. You know, he's he's a hockey player. It's kind of funny. I think we're just fans of Sean william Scott. Good guy. Maybe all right, let's say hi to David in Missouri. David, when we see when we say underrated movies and even comedies, what comes to mine for you?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, thanks for taking the call.
Speaker 1: Problem.
Speaker 7: I got two quick ones. The first one it just got removed from Netflix, and I hear I never hear anybody talk about it. But it's wet, hot American summer. I laughed throughout every time.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I the second one, I see.
Speaker 1: It, but I never clicked on him. Maybe I will know. Okay.
Speaker 7: The second one I saw about thirty years ago. It was on skin Max called ninety and naughty.
Speaker 2: Ooh sounds hot, you say ninety and naughty. I've seen Hot American Summer that is very funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have not. I don't know about that second one.
Speaker 2: First, that was great Hot American Summer, really funny, really good cast.
Speaker 1: Really which one are you talking about?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 5: Hot American?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little I feel like you like uh.
Speaker 2: Artsy comedies like you probably think it's just it's it's you don't know how to describe it. He's got a great cast, Like I was saying, Bradley Cooper's in it, you're smart humor, You're cut from a Michael Sarah cloth. It depends, it depends, It depends which I find funny. All right, let's go to Josh and OHIOK, is that like a polyester?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It's like, all right, who do we got? That's Josh, Hey, Josh, you're on the show.
Speaker 10: Hey guys, Happy Thursday.
Speaker 11: The same year, it was a great year for comedies. But Brittan Fraser sold his soul to a hot Elizabeth Hurley and became an eight foot basketball player, but with not all his equipment in the movie but dazzled dude.
Speaker 1: The scene where he sees the Sun and he's when he's the Spanish guy. That whole movie is really funny, you guys, always joking about what he says crying. Yeah, and on a side note, it's been announced he's gonna do a Mummy. He's gonna do another Mummy movie, Mummy four. Yeah, with Rachel. So there's a nice little comeback for him. But yeah, that's really funny. I agree with you. It's a really funny, underrated movie. There's a movie that I think is fantastic. I'm gonna throw it out there. And by the way, I have a rule on this topic. The movie has to be known by some You can't be like, well, there's this independent movie.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I don't care, never gonna watch it. I'm talking about movies.
Speaker 1: We know that. It's like you know what, Yeah it is good, but no one really talks about it. Yeah, Cavino can mock be all he wants. There's a movie from the spot I know, you know, late eighties, early nineties, Jim Belushi. He's a baseball player that strikes out in a big game and he goes to a bar, has a drink and he does the whole like man, I wish I could relive that over and he wakes up and he had hit the home run. I thought this was your mister Destiny. I haven't seen it for us. Mister Destiny is so underrated, is it really?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it in a minute. John Lovets is in it. Oh that's the ticket, it'spot. Do you not like mister Destiny? I feel like you're gonna be right there with me. So music, TV movies I've seen. Mister Destiny was one of my favorite movies as a kid. So he goes to that bar and they give him like that secret like milky kind of cocktail drink. I haven't seen that movie in twenty five years. Probably is that Michael Caine that gives him that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like I think he's like the sort of a spiritual It kind of appears. And then but then he gets a life where he hit the home run, and then his life just started building further further. But then when he I don't want to give it away, but when he lives his new life, he finds it it's not quite what he married.
Speaker 1: It different.
Speaker 2: He married a different woman. And and that movie is incredible too. You made me think of two movies.
Speaker 1: Just while he was yapping there, he made me think of two movies that are great that no one talks about. Family Man with Nicholas Cage again, it's about a different destiny.
Speaker 5: We talk about that during the Christmas season.
Speaker 1: It's so good. Nobody talks about that movie. And I actually had two more frequency with Jim Caviezel and Dennis Quaid. Great movie and I had one more and I forgot it, but I'll get no cavizl and Quaid's a good one. That was when he talks to I got it. He talks to his dad on a CB in nineteen sixty nine From the Future. That's a really good movie. Sometimes things get lost in the mix because there's a bigger name or bigger movie and it gets overshadowed. The Sixth Sense came out and it got all the buzz because of the twist and what a great movie it was. He was dead the whole time. But there was another movie, I think it was called Stir of Echos Bacon Bacon. There's a Kevin Bacon movie called Stir of Echos that is fantastic, and nobody talks about it because everyone was talking about six Cents yeah, I agree with the definition of underrated. It got sixth sense, got all the press. No one talked about stir of Eco's great movie Underrated.
Speaker 5: Back to Paul Rudd for a second. I was answering the studio line. So I don't know if you guys mentioned I love you man.
Speaker 1: Good movie. Slap at the base dude. You know, it's so funny. That is in my world and in my life. The last movie that I heard this idiot and Spot come into work with day and they were quoting it like like and I was I was not in on the joke.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Were like, yeah, flapping the basement, I'm flapping amazing. That was a good movie. Because we we are no longer in that like quotable movie era that we were living in. That was the last one I heard this guy quote. We thought there was that it had to be mid two thousands because we've done our homework and social media killed the movie quote. People stop quoting movies the minute social media came about. It just didn't have many in two thousand and nine. Man, So lu Forrigno was in that movie right. Underrated, Yeah, underrated movies based on the water Boy came out on this day in nineteen ninety eight. And of course, like we said, we don't think Vanilla Ice gets the credit he really deserves. He became, you know, someone people sort of laughed at a little bit when in reality he put rap on the mainstream and number one on the charts this week. Coincidentally, ironically, this is the first time since nineteen ninety that a rap song hasn't been on the charts, So we need a little Vanilla Ice.
Speaker 5: I love him or hate him, he was a big part of rap history.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's the truth. Kyle in Vegas. What's up? Kyle?
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, I got two of them real quick cop out Tracy Morgan Bruce Willis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a really that's a movie no one talks about, but it's so watchable. You're right, honestly, Tracy Morgan, How do you love Tracy Morgan?
Speaker 8: It's a good one, and the other one is little nicky. And then I have one really quick for your last segment when you're all talking about coaches making culture changes, Doug Collins and getting fired for Phil Jackson.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a good one. Yeah. By the way, I don't know about weird. I was gonna say I don't know about the Little Nicky One unless I have to give it another shot. I like Harvey kai Tell, we love Adam Sandler, but I remember watching that and really just not liking it.
Speaker 5: It's bizarre.
Speaker 1: Listen, there's movies and you could call me out and be like, yo, dude, that's the definitely rated. So because I don't. You don't want to bring up a movie and be like it'sdrated and everyone else in the room is like, no, it's it's pretty rated. Properly. You can't be like, hey, TV show, that's underrated, breaking bad. No, it's it's rated. Like do you guys think enough? People think forgetting Sarah Marshall is as good as it is. I watched that with Kavino Reeseally that's a great one because I don't think any when you talk about your favorite comedies to mention, right, that's.
Speaker 6: What she does a little British action so like, oh yeah, I did not love that movie.
Speaker 1: I'm not even a big Meala Cunas fan, but she was looking Dino might in that movie. Mela Coons, And I like Kristen Bell and Russell Crowe and Jason Siegel. I just think that it's we took it for granted back. Yeah, I think it's underrated because when you talk about your favorite two thousands movies Russell brand. By the way, when I say Russell Crowe in my mind, in my mind, Russell Crowe's in that Russell brand. Are you not entertained? So when you talk about two thousands comedies, people will say, you know, Wedding Crashers and super Bad and The Hangover. We name the same one. So I think if it's not in that, they always get named. I think we took that one for granted, and you watch it back now and it's really really funny. I actually enjoyed it. I watched it with Rich recently and I was like, yeah, it's way better than I remember. I feel that way about a band actually, and it's a band that's rated. But I think they're very underrated. And I think because we took them for granted. There were a supergroup, so people are like, yeah, whatever, supergroup, but I wish we had more audio slave. If you're a rock fan, the thought of Rage against the Machine teaming up with Chris Cornell, when you listen back and you hear those songs, now you're like man. I don't know if we cared as much as we should have because they are that good. They were that awesome, but no one brings up Audio Slave is their favorite band, but they're phenomenal. So underrated water boys style?
Speaker 2: Who else we got Powell or maybe Paul I'll call him pool in Orlando.
Speaker 1: It's Raoul, So that's what I'm saying. Yeah, what's up, Paula, it's Paul.
Speaker 10: One little comment about Adam Sandler. He wasn't playing a water boy. He was a hydration engineer.
Speaker 1: That's right. I'm sorry, my bad.
Speaker 10: And secondly, here's the movie Underrated, The Legend of Bagger Vance with Redford Damon, Will Smith and Charlie Starn and Hey Mounsey. Speaking of Will Smith, let's go Dodgers.
Speaker 1: There you go. My daughter loves Will Smith because she's also number sixteen and that's our lucky number, so she likes Will Smith. Did he call you Munseie like Max Munsey?
Speaker 6: I wasn't sure if he was talking to me.
Speaker 1: He was talking about Max Munsey. Who did Max Monsey. I'm gonna call you Mounsey from now on. MONSYLLOI that she has Monsey.
Speaker 6: I mean I may listened to you, I may not.
Speaker 1: It's like How I Met Your Mother episode where they wrote the wrong name hut Barney's Coffee and all his friends called him that name, like Schwarlie, I'm gonna call you Mounsey.
Speaker 5: From now and the Dodgers re signed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they picked up his option. Oh that was in your update, Mounsly. Let's go to Joe Joe on the show anybody.
Speaker 8: Hey guys, Oh, this the old time.
Speaker 10: You guys are great.
Speaker 9: Cracks me up every time.
Speaker 1: Thank you man.
Speaker 9: You're talking about that's my boy, And I love that that scene where Dan Patrick is playing that cheesy daytime drom a host, you know, and he gets paid to come in there and talk about it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I forgot that. Deep Deep's in a lot of Sandler movies, but he's prominent in that one. Dan Patrick is prominent, And that's my boy. Cats, you had a quick trivia fact about the water boy. Yeah, so our very own LeVar Arrington was the inspiration for the linebacker he plays. You remember he jumps over the line to sack the quarterback. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Adam Sandler and LeVar Arrington spent time together while preparing for the role, so he was the he was the like the way that the guy that Bobby Bouche played at linebacker and LaVar Arrington was the inspiration for that.
Speaker 1: You say, we're the only hosts here that don't hang out with a him Sandler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds like we have to change it right away. And kind of cool though, like it's ironic.
Speaker 1: I saw Rich at the gym yesterday and he wears Adam Sandler like mess shorts to the gym. Yeah, like big baggy shorts you did. I'm like, where'd you get those from the Adam Sandler collection?
Speaker 5: I got one from two thousand and eight, and I think it's one of Tom Cruise's best roles ever in Tropic Thunder with Robert Downing Junior. Now, a lot of the humor in that movie could not be replicated right now in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Definitely not definitely.
Speaker 5: Not such a fun such a funny movie.
Speaker 1: But it was great though. Honestly, it's Danny McBride.
Speaker 2: I thought we were supposed to be unis.
Speaker 6: Speaking of Danny McBride Pineapple Express?
Speaker 1: Oh is that what I'm I think?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why I feel like I love that movie and it's just a little long.
Speaker 1: I did not think that I loved any.
Speaker 2: Judd Apatow film starts out really good and then it meanders there like, oh, I just did this movie.
Speaker 1: Well, we're getting a lot of phone calls and we appreciate it. So if we don't get to you, remember hit us up at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. I got one that encompasses the two things we love most, go Ahead football and radio Cuba getting Junior in Radio. No one ever puts that on their list of like, Yo, that's a great movie. He plays the special needs dude that hangs around the football guys. They sort of take him in. It's heartfelt, Like, that's a hell of a movie.
Speaker 6: People don't want to watch heartfield things that are gonna make them sad over and over.
Speaker 1: I like to like the Notebook.
Speaker 2: Exactly one and done for me on the Notebook exactly I got a let me take.
Speaker 1: It back to sports big. Here's an obvious one, but it's one of the most underrated World Series champions that I watched day in day out growing up, that not enough people give credit to because I don't know, he just didn't play a sexy game. I guess Burnaby Bernie Williams Burn Baby Burn like this dude. You look at his stats, you'd kill for those stats and the way he played and the way he carried himself as a Yankee, multi talented guy, switch hitter, plays guitar at Carnegie Hall. Just like that. Dude is a treasure. I just think as a dude, he's sent the rated I just think he got a crush on Bernie. You think he's a great guy and it was a great Yankee. I don't. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. Bernie Williams, He's definitely one of those guys that just had He just happen to play on a team with other superstars, and he was like a you know, a mild mannered sort of dude. I don't think he gets that credit that he deserves. All right, on the anniversary of water Boil, Let's take one more for now, and then we'll come back and we'll talk some NBA, some NFL guys. We get into week ten. Wrap it up, Virgil in Phoenix, what's up, my dude?
Speaker 7: Hey, how's the going guys? Hey?
Speaker 10: So I got a good underrated comedy.
Speaker 7: One of my favorites, Michael Sarah Youth in Rebowl.
Speaker 1: Never saw it, never see Yeah, I haven't seen it seen it, so hey, maybe you're right, maybe it's not rated at all. We got to check it out.
Speaker 5: I'm not even heard of that film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you're lying to us. But thank you very much for all the phone calls. But we got to move on. We gotta move on, and we'll get all your feedback at Covino and Rich. Now. I want you guys to start thinking some NBA. I know we're still on a baseball high and you got your Thursday night foosball and football we got already. Glare you go quoting water Boy again? Foosball? Yeah? See quote quote water Boy? Every day. The Lakers are playing pretty solid. We saw them beat the Spurs yesterday five in a row, Luca Slim and Trim and playing Maestro, playing big. Do they even want Lebron James back? And then you got guys like Charles Barkley saying like he should just retire. Like when you're getting all that way and you're struggling with your health, like, maybe that's when you call it quits. Right, there's two reasons while you're out of your mind. So I'm gonna tell you. The speculation is Luca's game is best when he's in full control. Danny Geo back you up. And the speculation is maybe you just build around Luca because they're playing like fire right now, Like a guy like Lebron only messes up that chemistry that they're building. We all know he's to go, we know how great he is, but it might take away from Luca's game. That is absurd. And I'll explain why I have too much. Well that's the debate. Two main reasons while you're out of your mind, and I'll tell you what those are next right here. Covino on Rich. We gotta move on. We gotta move on. So much feedback and we appreciate it, but we gotta move on. Covino and Rich throwing it back on a Thursday, old school and fifty hits. Hey, but you can always hit us up. I mean, it's all like we're unaccessible. We're there scrolling with you at Covin on Rich, at Rich Davis at Steve Cavino if you want to throw in some of those underrated movies in honor of water line from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Getting a new job can be much easier with Express Employment Pros. With Express you'll have a local connection to the job market. Has started at expresspros dot com. Final location near you, that's www dot expresspros dot Com. Like the song's underrated Funkytown? Would you rather go to Flavortown with Guy Fiertti, Crazytown with Shifty shell Shock, LazyTown with Robbie Rotten, funky town, I'm gonna hang out on I gonna hang with Uh, I would say, on Electric Avenue. Those are all great places to go. Hey, speaking of I got an underrated place to go. It's very rated for some people, like Moncy Bolanos. But where I come from, being a half breed Voto local forever. Everybody loves to talk about Mexico and Mexico, great culture, my mom's from there. Nothing bad about it. I love it, But it seems to be like your go to destination, Like, yeah, man going to Cabo going to Mexico, can't coun going to Dude, I went to Costa Rica, where Manzi's family's from. My goodness, did you stay with didn you stay with her?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: But of course it's raided. I'm not saying, but I had never gone. I feel like it's not marketed enough. And maybe that's the beauty of it, because my I wanted to be Costa Rican. I loved every moment of it. I feel like, as rated and beautiful as it is, underrated, not enough people talk about it.
Speaker 6: And you know what's crazy is ten years ago it was a hole in the wall, which was even better because now I disagree.
Speaker 1: Now I think everybody goes to My wife wants to go to Costa Rica simply for there's a sloth sanctuary. Okay, I went.
Speaker 6: So there's a few sloth sanctuaries that are actually not good. I wonder which one you went to. And then there's some that are actually good, some are not.
Speaker 1: It's all one where the guy was like baby, he was like, but he was like, hey, you go wrong, sloth sanctuary. I came back like Buddha Vita. Yeah, I see you. There's destinations that are also very underrat of our country.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, that's too late, too late.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you guys for hanging out with us. We're talking Luca now, and the story is, yo, he's playing big, like this is Luca at his best. He he came and focused. Let me give you somebody's stats here, then I'll make you say, whoa five in a row forty points per game making everyone around him look like a superstar? Forty points per game in comparison to Anthony Davis and Cooper Flag combined thirty five point two points per game. So that's perspective, right, And they're playing well, he's sort of leading the team and that's when he's at his best. And they're saying that when Lebron gets in, now you got too many cooks in the kitchen. Well, I mean, and then you know Reeves hasn't played every game, but when he's in there, he's on fire. So like this team has something going on.
Speaker 5: Also, Luca has made DeAndre Eighton very good this.
Speaker 1: Season, who, by the way, was a piece that you and other Laker fans are saying, could he be that big guy they need? And will he fit in?
Speaker 5: And apparently in the bigs love getting those passes from from Luca slob city with him.
Speaker 1: So Kavino's question is do you even want Lebron back? And I'm just gonna quote Steve Kavino the guy sitting next to me. No, no, no, no, hold on, don't kill the messenger. I'm saying this is the question that that can only be posed based on what's happening right now. And you do hear that buzz and you do hear that speculation. It's like if they're playing this well, it's like you now you're messing with the chemistry all over again, Like let him win, don't keep on winning. Dare I quote you from a different circumstances. I'll do my best Kavino voice. Oh boy, this is before the world series, yo, Bro, Dude, Bro, gotsho one more? Dude? Are bro in there? I know what you're gonna bro. If if I'm the Blue Jays, Bro, I don't even know if you bring bobaship back, Like, I mean, that's what the chemistry, bro. What he did is sort of unheard of, unprecedented. He stepped right in. He didn't miss a beat. But you debated whether or not the Blue Jays should mess with that because dude, he hadn't played in so long, right, Not that he isn't good. No one's questioning Lebron being good, but maybe they're just better without him right now.
Speaker 5: That's all I think. The other thing worth mentioning is Austin Reeves is also off to the best start of his career and then throwing Jacob Ravia, who was a great offseason pickup, and you now you're talking too many cooks in the kunches. These are guys that need the ball in their hands.
Speaker 1: The answer may lie in between everything we're saying, Like there's a little place in between all of our points that I think makes the most sense, which is Lebron's not done. But much like in dating jobs situations, you might be awesome, you might just not really be awesome for that scenario. And maybe with the current Lakers team, Lebron just doesn't fit anymore. Maybe that's the answer, because by no means is anyone saying Lebron's willing to take a little bit of a step back, which could be good for everybody, and let Luca really lead a little more so that he could still play like Luca and use Lebron as an oye. I you know what I mean. I just don't know if he's capable of that, But I just I think Lebron's certainly not done. Lebron would be such an asset somewhere else. So maybe I know the only thing that makes sense is maybe you get something from I don't know how that would even work at this point, but Lebron.
Speaker 5: James Lebron would have to approved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'd have to make it work. But by the way you were, you were shooting a messenger, you were shooting at me before. Don't think that. There's not a lot of speculation of that on social media and online, that's where the buzz starts. There are a lot of people saying that, like, maybe that's a possibility. I get it, but Lebron's still a guy that could put up triple doubles and put up twenty five to thirty games, so he's not done. I just wonder. It's like, you could date a good looking girl, Cavino, but she just might not be right for Steve Cavino. True, you know, it's like, so let's keep that in mind.
Speaker 5: I think the difference this season so far from what we saw at the end of last year is the Lakers have the best bench they've had in a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were that bench was meager, like Bob Seeger, that was for sure.
Speaker 5: And no, and you know, besides Jackson Hayes, no real big guys to mention. But you know, you got to think about how last season ended. Luca and Lebron do play well together, but it's just the other pieces like Austin Reeves and La Ravia as I mentioned where you got to figure out how this all fits together?
Speaker 1: Is this crazy talk eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox or Lebron makes every team better? Well, that's that's really the question, the tire, the whole conversation together, and the whole show together. Let's go back to our first conversation about people we own apology. We're talking about maybe Lebron needs to go. Imagine Lebron gets healthy, steps in on this team and they are so dominant that they win the NBA title. Lebron retires and it's like, can you believe people were saying we should get rid of him? Like that get very right?
Speaker 2: Like imagine if Lebron steps in and what's already clicking clicks even more.
Speaker 5: This is like it would be like Dave Roberts should be fired.
Speaker 1: Gotta fire Dave Roberts. Anyone's in other world series. So I mean again, it all goes with the patients, it goes with the relax So well, we'll see, but it should be interesting when Lebron does come back. Your thoughts because basketball, I mean, it has been really exciting, even though we've been flooded with great baseball and football eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. So if you haven't been tuning into the Lakers, I think now's the time. And actually it's time for Monci bolognos. Sir as Rich calls you monthy, Hey, mon Moncy. I know the I mean it's still early three and four for your Clippers. Excitement for you or you feel like there's a there's some potential to sure what I mean?
Speaker 6: I feel like we're figuring things out. Like there's almost too many cooks in the kitchen and some of the cooks are old, and we're just trying to figure out the best way forward because there is talent there.
Speaker 1: Uh. And they looked good.
Speaker 6: And then James Harden has been on fire, but they can't win. But I just I feel like they're still figuring out the rotation, how much to use John Collins and all of that, how much shoes CP three off the bench?
Speaker 1: But we have a I think a good team. Uh did you see CP three at the UH blind reunions? I did. I was like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 5: What are you doing here? He was actually really it was Monty. That was pretty much everyone's sentiment watching, like, what is happening right now?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 1: Are they're still shooting? There's still Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was very weird. And suddenly it was a shooto off for the ring.
Speaker 1: That was even more awkward. The entire thing was so awkward.
Speaker 6: It will be awkward when Lebron James returns to the Lakers, because I.
Speaker 1: Also think your Lakers right now are moving fast.
Speaker 6: You put them on the court, that is not going to be It's it's gonna way slow it down because Lebron is gonna demand the ball in his hands.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know how it's gonna work, says a Laker hater. I love it so much. There's one game today in the NBA. It's the Clippers and the Suns in Phoenix. No James Harden for personal reasons. No Kawhi Leonard because of his ankle injury, but Bradley Beal won't play in his return to Phoenix. When it comes to the NFL, we ten starts tonight. It's gonna be the Broncos and the Raiders. That's gonna kick off at eight fifteen Eastern time Eagles wide receiver AJ Brown and running back Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 1: We're both full, full participants at practice today. But I got some news for you Rich about Brock Party.
Speaker 6: Okay, so today Kyle Shanahan speaking to K and b R he said that Brock Party is getting closer to returning. They're going to make a decision tomorrow Friday whether or not he's going to suit up for Sunday against the Rams. Ricky Pearsol it doesn't look like he practiced again today.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, you know what I'm not saying. The Rams is a gimme game, meaning like I do think the Rams win this game. Yeah, but it's in the Bay Area and the n and the Niners play real well against the Games, right, It's like a coaching thing, like.
Speaker 2: Kyle Shanahan coaches well against McVeagh exactly. And then the next week, Kevino and I will be at the game when the Niners go to Arizona, and it looks like maybe Pearsall and Purty are back for that, so we get to.
Speaker 1: See Brock at least Cove.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Party, we were there for his first game. Every good luck charm. Kavino and I were a guys trip. And that was when Garoppolo got hurt. I remember everyone in the crowd's like, who is this Rock Party? Never in a million years in that moment would I have thought, oh, yeah, this guy's gonna make fifty million dollars a year for the future, your future quarterback exactly. That's crazy. And you guys were and Garoppolo was never the same. And you know what, when you're at the game, you don't know what happens compared to watching on TV. So like, is like Jimmy g coming back in the game, what's happening? And the beginning of Rock Party. The best part of that game was I was sitting next to this uh latina lady. Oh yeah, she was feeding me churros. She thought Cavino was cute and she was flirting with and kept buying him treats.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was for the game. I'm like, yeah, another, give me a hot dog? Was she older? Really? Okay? Dare I say is that insulting? I say a little bit of.
Speaker 3: Torta the in l A R. That's exactly what it was figured out. If that's derogatory or not, I don't know. Just a big sandwich. That's the word.
Speaker 6: I hear a delicious are I don't know if it's a term if you call me a great sandwich.
Speaker 1: But to be honest, he couldn't be more accurate. That's exactly what it was. And I read all the benefits. I don't know if I said anything wrong. Hey, we'll be We'll be back more can on Rich next? Yeah?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yo? Am I hearing some vanilla ice in my headphones. Turn up the bass on this boy, Iowa, Sam is this sort of play that funky music? I used to love this one. Cavino's favorite is what it's like having Ny to the extreme. Covino and Rich.
Speaker 5: Shrop that hero and get with this zero. That's what he said, No, the other way round. I used to love it. He should have said that though.
Speaker 1: Play that fucking music, all right, Covino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. I'm Covino. That is Rich heat spaghetti with a spoon. Rich Davis, you know what, Happy birthday. Shout out to my dude coach ballgame. So if you follow Coach ballgame, let him know Covino and Rich were showed him some birthday love.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I think one of the best follows on social media other than us. Nah, he's good. He's such a good dude. Ambas Baseball a guest on our over promised show that's our bonus pod and a new episode debuts in ten minutes, So join us live on Covino and rich FSSR. You can also listen, but you can watch the show. It's a TV show of sorts, and we're gonna discuss good rumors in sports, good rumors like Khalil, like you got two and a half cokens in your pants exactly, Matt Khalil. We're gonna talk who might be asked this week? And bad tattoos and sports on over Promised one fifteen Covino and rich FSR. For over forty years, tyrack has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and free back by free Road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation tyraq dot com. The way tire buying should be, Hey, do I like old guy candy or does everyone like the variety beg that someone put in the kitchen? Because Yo, I was saying you brought that out?
Speaker 2: I had to get rid of that man because it was giving me the beat us the diabetes. Like, I gotta get rid of this bag. It's gonna cause me an early death. And now everyone Martin got a sucker. You had a sucker, A tutsiroll pop, You're whole bunch of albums, tutsiro pops, dots. We talked about dots, mini tutsi rolls and those the flavored tutsi rolls, like the vanilla one, the cherry one, like I think kids would say that's old people candy, but I'll take it.
Speaker 1: I love that whole variety power. I know it was cheaper, too, nice mix up instead of getting the usual mix. We said last week that every kid has the same kid cat Twigs, reeses. So it was also love how coworkers and colleagues just stow the bait out there to get all the fatties. Because if you have if you have stuff you want to get rid of in your pantry, you know you can bring it to most kitchens and all the all the trap it is, it's a torta trap and you can watch. You're like, all right, who's gonna go for my stale oreos? You know who's gonna go for the stale candy and they'll be gone. Honestly, if it wasn't to bring the weirdest stuff like you could bring like leftover like things in your in your medicine cabinet, it'll go. You can I haven't used this cream. I'm gonna leave it here. Someone will take it. You can put a little you can put a little plate of like no joke like Gordon's Fisherman's it's gone.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's so much cough drops.
Speaker 1: Here's some flintstones vitamins from nineteen eighty two gone. You leave them on the kitchen counter and someone will take them, all right, which you did the experiment. It's like you ever see that How I Met Your Mother episode where they say when you put something out like a big furniture item, trah for trash. By the time you get to your apartment to look out the window, someone's already taken it. True.
Speaker 2: People love stuff. It is freaking especially free stuff. I can't take any more, man, I can't have any more now.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Sam for that. Iowa Sam. Danny g spots on the videos Covino and richfsre Moncey was fun hanging with her today. If you missed the show, you could watch back, you could watch Monci Covino and Rich FSR Rich. I know you're gonna give us more picks on over promised, but what are your thoughts? Week ten begins tonight Broncos Raiders. I mean, we spent the whole first hour talking about the Broncos and how wrong we were, and Sean Payton was right and he turned the whole team around. You got your seven and two Broncos, your two and six Raiders. The outcome is going to be obvious. But how do you how do you look at this? Danny g is the most optimistic fan and and I love him for that. He reminds me of how I talk about the Mets. That's how he is optimistic about the raid of the divisional game.
Speaker 5: I told you last Friday to look out for Bronck Bowers and he had a huge gin he did.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I if I had a bet on this game. I Broncos are favored by eight and a half. I'll touch on this more. I'm gonna put it as part of my teasers and my over promised bets. I would take that down to two and a half and partner it up with another bet making a teaser. But if I would have to bet this game straight up, I'm sorry, Danny. I just still think if you told me the Raiders at the Broncos on twenty seven to seventeen, or you know, twenty four to ten, I think they win by competitive I think they win by double digits. And I hate to say that because I would love to see your team be competitive, But I think in Denver the Broncos are starting to make a push towards like are we dominant?
Speaker 5: What's scary is the Broncos defensive line, and so Gino is going to have to get rid of that ball very quickly.
Speaker 1: If he's not batted down like last. If Gino has a first quarter turnover, I feel like it might be over early.
Speaker 5: Get some quick passes off to Bowers. Let him pick up the.
Speaker 1: Yards now, brock Bowers, you think he might get some some good fantasy numbers because Gina will have to start dumping it off to someone. Could be all right, we'll see you guys later on rive it there, Baby'll see you in the over promised land. Let's go