Speaker 1: The Around the NFL podcast are most definitely humans from the.
Speaker 2: Chris Wesley podcast studio. It is Around the NFL. I am Dan Hansis. I got heroes all up in this place, Greg Rosenthal, Mark Sessler, and the return of Patrick Claybond.
Speaker 3: Hey, Pat, what's up man?
Speaker 1: How are you does good?
Speaker 4: What's the reference with the human business?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a little bit.
Speaker 2: I think it's a perfect episode for Patrick because I think Claybond one of the things that makes him great on Mike and just an interesting fellow is you know, he'll he'll be a bit of a naysayer on things. He'll say this take is something people need to come down about. Now, let's talk about what's going on here in the world, because I don't think it's being talked about enough right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, and look at Patrick's reaction. He's got takes that are gonna be I think I know that beautiful mouth in just a couple of minutes, but it.
Speaker 3: Took it to a place.
Speaker 1: Yeah over here.
Speaker 2: You ever hear that meme out there? The Simpsons predicted it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen some things up that alley.
Speaker 1: How about hashtag ATM predicted it?
Speaker 2: This is a drop that was cultivated years ago, New England. I'm in the friendly I say, we trust those How great for our planet?
Speaker 1: Is it great? Oh? We thought? Then I missed the throne of sleeze. That was that's some good heat. And then and then this just happened.
Speaker 5: You say that the government is in possession of potentially non human spacecraft based on your experience and extensive conversations with experts, do you believe our government has made contact with intelligent extraterrestrials?
Speaker 6: Something I can't discuss in public.
Speaker 5: Setting, okay, and I can't ask when you think this occurred? If you believe we have crashed craft stated earlier, do we have the bodies of the pilots who piloted this craft?
Speaker 6: As I've stated publicly already in my News Nation interview, biologics came with some of these recoveries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, human or non human?
Speaker 1: Biologics ask it got it?
Speaker 3: Non human?
Speaker 6: And that was the assessment of people which re acknowledge on the program I talk to that are currently still on the program.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hello, Hello, and and then talk quote this morning as I do, I wake up and I went to check New York Times, and I was like, obviously this is a major story, right, This was uh?
Speaker 2: That was David Grossch testified under oath that the US government has recovered non human biological remains from the crash side of unidentified craft. Made that revelation during questions from South Carolina's US Rep. Nancy Mason. Hi Nancy Mays at Oversay Committee hearing. I couldn't even find it on the Times, Okay, the Great Lady, the paper of record.
Speaker 1: So what's going on? It's a cover up, Clayban, What do.
Speaker 2: You got because you're I feel like you're exploding to get a take out there probably take down the whole thing.
Speaker 3: No, I mean it was the same take I had yesterday. So we have a person who has given some interviews and said some things, and then instead of answering the question, he references the interviews because he's under oath. Right, if you want to talk about like a non human biologic being on a craft that could literally be a paper airplane with an ant on it, all right, hat Like he didn't specifically say hatch, but these were extraterrestrial.
Speaker 1: I don't even know cla about this because come on the journey.
Speaker 3: So again the thing that.
Speaker 8: What's the story with this guy, I have to admit, I'm not I've learned everything about this story.
Speaker 1: That's what the government wants.
Speaker 9: A manyg is scanning the Washington Post for that.
Speaker 8: I haven't been or Andy who the guy is on Wikipedia?
Speaker 3: If the government was so motivated to stop this, would he have been able to say this in the first place. I just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'd say it. My antennas up a little bit on this.
Speaker 2: Why New Years would be, but even beyond like Mark and conspiracy theories and other worldly things. I mean, and I have a cousin, big dog, who's way into aliens and has been for years. He said he spotted one above his pool, his father's pool, a craft or a craft, a biologic And I said, you get the camera out. He said, Now we were in the pool, of course, But I believe him too.
Speaker 1: Something's happening here.
Speaker 3: I believe your cousin more than I believe this particular person, based on the way that they approached it.
Speaker 8: I did see our friend Jason Zumwat was asking for an apology for anyone who's ever doubted the existence of extraterrestrial bereen. And I had no context for it, because you're right, I guess this story has been buried. I think the sound drop though, is in reference to the I'm in on the plane who who is convinced that someone else on the plane was not a human? And I looked at Mark at the time and he looked skeptical. Even just assuming that we're all humans here, you didn't seem to be accepting that is the truth. This zump drop actually came in when Greg made a reference like these players are humans. So this has been holstered for a bit and just kind of works.
Speaker 9: Yeah, although it works on this level too, works on multiple levels, like any good zumwhell drop and.
Speaker 1: Not for nothing scored in my right.
Speaker 2: Kind of a classic alien move to be like, oh, it could be an ant.
Speaker 1: On a paper airplane.
Speaker 2: Classic alien move again in Hiding Insight, if I had evidence of extraterrestrial intelligent life and somebody asked about it, I would answer the question right like.
Speaker 8: There could be repercussions too, but it's only a repercussions if you're lying right.
Speaker 3: If there's repercussions, then why would he be there at the first plo Or if you're telling the truth, let's stick a pin in it, Okay? If you want people to know. Tell everybody like mister alien man, like, don't go on News Nation.
Speaker 2: I think, like maybe it doesn't feel safe because this is that big, you know what I mean, Like there are.
Speaker 4: Not a small story.
Speaker 9: If it's true, it's a large story, and it's gonna change. I mean, it's still like we'll still be talking about Patrick mahomes all for the next three months.
Speaker 2: But well, Barbenheimer, it's like, how about we check out what's happening in these hearings.
Speaker 3: I'm all, we're not We're not silencing this on ATM. We're ready for the discussion. We're not a part of anything.
Speaker 8: We're leading the show with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. That was important to lead the show if you want to be able to believe. Society has developed technology to travel faster than the speed of light. They came all the way to Earth and they're like, oh no, the carburetor and they like struggle and our like go for it.
Speaker 1: I knew you were gonna do this. I knew it.
Speaker 8: Well, you were logical.
Speaker 3: They figured everything out except oxygen. They're like, whoa, what is this? Like, h this is too much gravity?
Speaker 9: Oh god, Mark, I I I believe I tend to Uh, I'm open minded.
Speaker 4: I'd say vastly open minded to the and.
Speaker 8: I feel like you're you're not even in. You're closed minded to anyone that's closed minded. I mean you, I feel like you're in, You're in. You don't you don't like it if someone else is closed minded, I I would say hard.
Speaker 9: On one side, I think there's a lot of stuff out there in the past that is a little fugeesy in terms of people wanting like to project false ideas and stuff. But like, did the idea, the idea that they were the only thing that's in the entire universe is absurd to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm definitely not saying that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I'm with you there.
Speaker 1: I just live off the fence. Rosenthal.
Speaker 3: I listened to what that guy said, and I don't believe that guy. That's all I'm saying. There's there's an issue with that.
Speaker 1: Well that's your Uh, yeah, you're right and you're not.
Speaker 2: You're had in agreement, greg But you don't know about that because they've been hiding the story.
Speaker 1: In this hearing, we got it.
Speaker 4: It's got to get.
Speaker 1: Like Gregson, the conspiracy runs deep.
Speaker 4: I like to see that you're open minded.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 4: I thought maybe you'd be on the other side.
Speaker 2: And think about that, because usually this would be something you think that I would poo poo, Right, But the fact that Zeuser is on this yep, got Daddy Rich in the corner.
Speaker 9: I can't convince you that Learvey Hoswold might have had a little help. But it's on this front.
Speaker 2: Ear had a great angle from the sixth floor and says he was built different, that he had momentum, and he was cooking that like tweets from nineteen sixty. I mean, terribly terrible would happened in Dallas, but sure it was an assassin that had a good day.
Speaker 9: Officially tracked is like a terrible shot in the Marines. But that's fine. Suddenly, I'm sure he worked on an into spare time.
Speaker 1: You know it happens.
Speaker 3: Blonde squirrel, blond squirrel.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to the news. This is even crazier, I think than what we just talked about. Aaron Rodgers and the Jets agreed to a new two year, seventy five million guaranteed contract running through next year.
Speaker 1: Hell Raiser had this Roger is taking Can I just tell you how weird.
Speaker 2: The last few months have been as a Jets fan, and I'm waiting for the football to get pulled out while also being more optimistic than I've ever been about an incoming season.
Speaker 1: It's I'm very you know, it's clashing obviously.
Speaker 2: Internally, but everything that's come out has been good news, and this is the latest good news.
Speaker 1: Rogers took a pay cut of roughly thirty five.
Speaker 2: Million dollars, And just to put that in perspective, Saquon Barkley just signed that fugazi deal with the Giants, who wouldn't play ball for him trying to get an extra million, Like He's like, I'm gonna give up the rights to get this franchise tag used on me this year, so maybe I could hit incentives that get me an extra mill and get me to eleven. Rogers took a pay cut of roughly thirty five million as his previous deal at nearly one hundred and ten million guaranteed remaining per Pela Sero, and a lot of the money is comes due next season with skip for Rodgers more reason to play a second season, which alleviates some others. Here Aaron Rodgers talking a little bit about his situation.
Speaker 10: The team gave up significant pieces for just to be a one year deal.
Speaker 11: I'm aware of that.
Speaker 10: I think there was an awareness of that. Now again, anything can happen with my body or with the success we have this year. But I'm having a blast, so I don't really see this as a one year and done thing.
Speaker 2: Mark part of this feels like the biggest setup of all time for Jets fans because right now it's like everything seems great.
Speaker 1: I'm the same.
Speaker 2: And then we learned a day later that Dalvin Cook is visiting with the team and they could be very close on a deal, and they have all this extra money now laying around.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean this happened right after we wrapped yesterday's episode. In that episode, we were praising Justin Herbert for taking just a little bit less than he might have in his deal, and then this came out and I read this well driving and nearly went off the highway because I don't there's no experience like this where a player took this kind of a haircut, a chop.
Speaker 4: No, no, I know.
Speaker 9: But it's also I think it's just to your point, like it's I'm finding it. It's a Shore to be cynical about the Jets, and I've long been cynical about Sean Payton will disagree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's fine.
Speaker 9: I've long been cynical about Aaron Rodgers, and I'm I'm struggling with that. And it's like we're months removed from like everyone poking fun at him for going, you know, into a dark, cubby blow earth, but he came out happier than ever. Uh and with a healthy disdain for materialism that completely helps and changes the Jets next two seasons.
Speaker 4: So what's not to like about this?
Speaker 8: It was so surprising that I, you know, my immediate reaction was confusion and trying to find out what are the details because this doesn't make like.
Speaker 1: Is it fake? Is it one of those yeah?
Speaker 2: Is there?
Speaker 8: Is there more to the story? Is like Woody Johnson offering like a wink wink, not not, Hey, you want to get into big pharma? It's nice On the other side, Like, I don't know, And so I did some research trying to like figure it out because you asked if it ever happened before. Drew Brees took a pretty significant pakeup very late in his career when he didn't have to with guaranteed money. His play was declining in a way that Rogers wasn't, and it wasn't this big over two years, so that that's the only thing that would be even close. And I did some research and one thing I didn't realize is he actually gave up the guaranteed money for twenty twenty four, which was forty seven million. Most of this really actually back in April or May when this thing happened. No one noticed when they restructured it back then, actually he had already given up the twenty twenty four guaranteed money, which you know, I did find some analysis at the time the few people that did it, and they were like really surprised, because actually was really surprising back then too. I mean my takeaway was just like he didn't he didn't have to do this. We know that almost certainly he's The plan is he's going to be there two years. That's my big least biggest takeaway. And and it's strange in part this year because like they're not really gonna spend that money this year, so it's not just about helping the jets it. I don't know. I am sort of at a loss, at a loss on it.
Speaker 2: It's about spighting the Packers and the Jets this year.
Speaker 9: So I do think I do think it's like I don't think it's just simply that, But I agree with you Patrick that it's trying I think pr yeah, to set the table for a couple things, because to your point, Dan, like if the whole season goes south and he's making that much money and they gave up assets for him and you don't get the version of Aaron Rodgers that you thought you would, I mean, it will turn so ugly. But there's so much good will right now that even if it takes till next season for everything to kind of gel, there's more patience around it. And I do think it's a hey, Green Bay, you kept twisting and twisting the knife, and now I'm somewhere where I'm happy and I'm refreshed, and this is the version of me.
Speaker 8: But he got out that guaranteed money from then he's he also squeezed the knife to get that three year one hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 4: They draft a Prosser, and I think that was that was more than the money.
Speaker 9: It was like, you're it's a disrespect that, like the Jets are like, we're all in on you, he's all in on them, and.
Speaker 3: In that it kind of the Packers kind of get it both ways. From well, Mike, my my question would be like how somebody who was going through a contract situation with the Packers in that time frame might feel about, like how does Davante feel about this circumstance? But like, because I was looking at spow track spotwreck, I don't know how to say it, shout out to the dude, but it was a forty point three dead cap hit for the Packers and he's just going to account for twenty six million combined over the next two years for the Jets, and.
Speaker 8: It's going to help them planning their twenty twenty four season, no doubt.
Speaker 3: That's like, I don't I don't know what other explanation there is, Like unless Aaron has just decided like to forego worldliness.
Speaker 8: Well, he's also made I mean thirty seven million. He's made a ton of money and how much money do you do you need? But how did they get to that number?
Speaker 1: How did it? Even?
Speaker 8: No kids go there? You know, kids are expensive, they can be God.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I mentioned Dalvin Cook, the running back Dan the light just went it out obvious. I've been solo datting it this week and it's starting to pile up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Running backdam Lea.
Speaker 2: Cook is flying to New York today Thursday to visit with the Jets this weekend.
Speaker 1: Pel Rays are reported.
Speaker 2: Since Davin Cook's released from Minnesota, the Jets have been one club rumored to be interested in the four time All pro Breese Hall on the pup list right now. They think the world of Hall in terms of his future, but things are a little murky right now coming off the acl tair, so it makes a lot of sense to me. That would just pump up expectations and excitement even more. Greg there's a rival in the AFC East that also is in play here potentially.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Patriots are also reportedly in the mix, So DeVante Adams might be kind of being like wondering what's up with that Aaron Rodgers country, But Dalvin Cook's loving it. They got a little extra money now, there's a couple of teams bidding for him, and I have an assignment this month of the twenty twenty four free agents starting the early list on that and you one one thing that's not helping these running backs. I realized this year and thinking long term, is the outrageous free agent class next year of running backs, Like everyone's up. I think that's part of the reason it's down. Saquon, Jonathan Taylor, Josh Jacobs, Austin Eckler, Derrick Henry, JK. Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Tony Pollard, I could go on. So it's like, that's that's partly why running backs haven't been paid. But maybe Dalvin Cook could be the exception.
Speaker 2: Now, let's because this is kind of connected to the Jets, Let's talk about Sean Payton, who man Sean Payton's feeling good. He spoke with USA today and he was in a chatty mood. He was a real chatty Kathy Jarret Bell will give him the pop here. He did the conversation and then wrote a fairly explosive story.
Speaker 1: Here are the details.
Speaker 2: Peyton called the work Nathaniel Hackett, who's now the OC of the Jets and close to Aaron Rodgers, kind of helped lead to that situation coming together in Jersey. But Peyton called the work of Hackett and his staff what they did with the twenty twenty two Broncos quote one of the worst coaching jobs in the history of the NFL.
Speaker 1: Is this something that ever happens either?
Speaker 2: This coach on coach violence and said there were quote twenty dirty hands around quarterback Russell Wilson's career worst season when he led the league. He took fifty five sacks through just sixteen touchdown passes. The team cratered, obviously, and Peyton summed up the experience of what happened last year to this year. Everything I heard about last season where doing the opposite. I'mna I'm gonna gregy, Like I said, you don't usually see coaches go after each other. Peyton does also mention he doesn't even know Hackett, which made it easier, I'm sure to fire off these shots.
Speaker 1: Very interesting, Yeah, he says.
Speaker 8: It doesn't happen often where an NFL team organization gets embarrassed, and that's what happened here. He said. They spent so much ef and time trying to win the offseason, the pr the pomp and the circumstance, marching people around and all this stuff, which I gotta say we kind of got on them last about U as well.
Speaker 1: You were very big.
Speaker 2: We pointed out that Hackett was in awe of Russell Wilson and that opening press conference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seemed a little bit weird.
Speaker 4: Well it was entertaining, but they it became very non entertaining.
Speaker 8: There was like a three, you know, and it was great that we got this access. But there was an interview on NFL Network a couple weeks into the season with Hackett and Wilson together where it was like, this is how we all came together, and they were just not reading the temple Russell Wilson at that point, it was already going.
Speaker 4: Down here, very exciting.
Speaker 8: I loved I love this though, like it reminds me of another Peyton story this offseason. I don't know if you saw that video that went around.
Speaker 1: Around the draft.
Speaker 8: He was yeah, yeah, So I'm just saying, when have I said some of the things that I regret the most in my life? When are my words a little looser than others, maybe like like the real deal, even a little like harder ed cynical words come out sometimes in that situation. So I'm not I'm just connecting dots here. Maybe maybe maybe you can connect them.
Speaker 9: Do you think during this interview that maybe I mean I have It's not a little loose. It's a tugging cheek. But yes, yes, have you ever been Colorado times?
Speaker 8: That's what I'm saying. Sometimes like the truth, or maybe even worse than the truth, comes out where you're just trying to like like bury people.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know that it's that spicy. I feel like the things that he said, can I give you a little bit more? Just a little bit more?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So then after all that, and then he directly goes after another team, which is the Jets, which is, by the way, and probably not a coincidence where Hackett is now. He mentioned like, we're not marching around people and all this stuff. We're not doing any of that. The Jets did that this year. You watch hard Knocks, all of it. I can see it coming.
Speaker 8: And then this is where he really started, like.
Speaker 2: Should before we get Clay bounds thoughts, let's here Robert Sala. Obviously, he meets with the press of training camp uh in Flora Park and he's asked about his team getting buried by Peyton somewhere in Colorado.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm not gonna acknowledge Sean on that is he you know, he's been the league while he can say whatever the hell he wants. But uh, but as far as you know what we have going on here, it's I love this, you know the I kind of lived by the same. If you ain't got no haters, you ain't popping so hate a way, oh something right, if you don't talk about us when we don't play it till week four, you know, but five. Oh, the guys in the locker room, they've earned everything that's coming to them and really excited about what's going on. I think Hacket's doing a phenomenal job here him, the coaching staff is doing a phenomenal job. And and we're focused on us. I get it. There's a lot of external noise. There's a lot of people who are hating on us. There's a lot of people looking for us to fail. There's a lot of crows peccinget or neck. But all you can do is spread your wings, keep flying high until those crows fall off and suffocate from the inability to breathe. Another joke.
Speaker 9: Anyway, this is the coach that didn't want to be on hard knocks. It's gonna be like one of the better hard knocks. So soliloquies of all.
Speaker 3: Time, right, now you can hear the Hard Knocks music going on exactly exactly. Patrick, your thoughts, Uh, that was wasn't all this the reason that coach Sala didn't want to do Hard Knocks?
Speaker 8: Like that he was he was kind of like he's kind of on Peyton's corner.
Speaker 3: He was like a distraction truther about like the way this and so Sean Payton's saying what Robert Sala initially said before Hard Knocks, like he just mentioned the Jets, and like the conversation around Sewn.
Speaker 1: Is very loose, and he was shooting from the hip, it seemed.
Speaker 3: I don't think he said like Robert Sala and the Jets are going to do a bad job or anything like he believes in this. I guess myth that, like do you watch he said makes you play bad or something?
Speaker 9: I like, I love this phrase marching people around and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Guys, you watch, I can see it coming.
Speaker 2: He's saying that Jets are gonna flop this year because of the things that they're doing.
Speaker 9: I think I think I think part of it because you know, Sean Payton, who was a pupil of Bill Parcells, who was a master of this kind of stuff. Part of it is like he's looking at a locker room in which Russell Wilson essentially lost the team year ago. I mean, beyond all the fire of what he's saying, I think he's trying to reset the table and be like, we've got to believe in our quarterback a little bit. There are reasons beyond Russell Wilson that this team was an epic disaster last year, and I think from a coaching angle, he saw malfeasance, just an absolute loss of responsibility. And when we watched the Broncos, I mean literally that stadium was booing them because of time management.
Speaker 2: They had more pre snap penalties and fractions, they couldn't even get a play and all that was true.
Speaker 1: I mean he's just saying that's all over crazy that Peyton.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a guy that's very confident in himself and is known as kind of a dude that will, you know, not afraid to stick his chest out. It's in that old Parcels mode that you'd be so public about it. But I think maybe he's trying to rebrand the Broncos after a very humbling year.
Speaker 1: And I don't hate on it. I just would you know.
Speaker 8: Now it's file like we're doing you know, fun NFL rivalries later. I mean Broncos Jets is now on my list.
Speaker 1: Hey in Salah.
Speaker 2: By the way, Salah would kill Peyton in a physical battle. That's true at midfield.
Speaker 8: I love that Peyton's giving me like late career parcels with the Cowboys and then Dolphins vibes, except like he goes out and has fun and doesn't seem like miserable off the fields. It's an exciting combination.
Speaker 3: Like That's the thing though, And that's why I point out, like the whole distraction truther thing doesn't mean anything because like Sean Payton has been at the center of so many distractions. Ye, like Sean Payton had a bio pick two years ago, Like he knows that this whole like, oh, people paying attention makes you bad. Like no, like Sean Payton knows that you execute, you put guys in the right situation, you're gonna win football game. And he just likes doing this. And Bill Parcells loved attention too.
Speaker 1: Yes right, yeah, yes, yeah, he doesn't remember remember when.
Speaker 2: Even when Sean Payton was forced out of the league by bounty gate, he made sure there was a giant poster of Sean Payton's face in the practice bubble and that ensuing season without script, do your job on it. Even then he was like, this is gonna be about me. He likes it.
Speaker 1: I mean, these are almost signed up for it in part right.
Speaker 4: These are not ego free individuals.
Speaker 9: These are not uh you know, you're external power based, ego heavy dudes who liked I think this is I love that. It's July twenty seventh and this is the kind of spice.
Speaker 8: Yestetting and I don't want to hear. I saw some things like has this ever happened? Where coaches coming at each other and stuff? And it's like, I can't think of anything recently. But when you read the old like historic football books, like they used to go at each other so much more because it didn't get as much attention where they would be talking trash like crazy about other teams, players, other teams, coaches, coaches going at each other. Let's bring that.
Speaker 9: I may have one for you during our segment. Oh good, Oh, And I guess that reminded me of this, just to put a bow on it.
Speaker 1: Having seen Nathaniel Hackett with his two daughters, leaving Las Vegas after he took them to the Taylor Swift Show. Kind of feel bad for him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well he's getting your.
Speaker 2: Wait, absolutely say, he's just trying to like restart his career. Yeah, and you got this goon and Denver just bringing it back up and dragging him through the mud.
Speaker 4: Just like us.
Speaker 9: We woke up and learned that these quotes were available available to the public, and so did he and we got to have ruined this morning.
Speaker 8: It's like Hackett's like, what are they Like, he's checking Rotor World and he's like, well, they change the site, but like which one is the player?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 8: And what did they say?
Speaker 2: It's like, who's that on the grassy null? Only got is Sean Payton, but I don't even know him. He's also reading that at his job, you know that he has.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of coaches that did not have all of these things happen and they are currently not employed.
Speaker 9: So he's definitely more upset about the rebranding of Roto World, which has been confusing for all of us.
Speaker 1: Look, we're working through it.
Speaker 2: Jim Mersey, another guy who likes to talk the owner of the cults all the drama about running backs not getting their due, running backs doing text chains, running backs doing zoom meetings, running backs leaving their teams without signing their franchise tag, and URSA is like what Even his own running back, Jonathan Taylor has been very vocal about wanting a new deal, and Ersay had this to say of the big storyline, we have negotiated a CBA that took years of effort and hard work and compromise in good faith by both sides, wrote Wednesday, and social media to say now that a specific player category wants another negotiation after the fact is inappropriate. Some agents are selling bad faith. Greg, do you agree.
Speaker 8: No, because cbas are changed on the fly. I just teed you up to destroy agents again this when I'm on the agent's side, I guess. I mean, I think he was responding not to Jonathan Taylor's specific situation, But Jonathan Taylor has been vocal. He seems as upset with his contract situation as any running back out there, and so that's that's part of this. But I actually think ers was responding to Naje Harris spoke about that maybe they could adjust away the franchise tag for running backs and adjustments do happen to the CBA actually before they like re sign the whole thing, so that the idea that they're bringing this up as a potential solution is definitely not inappropriate. And I think Ers just needs to work. Like he's never that, his tweets are never clear. He needs someone, he needs an editor.
Speaker 9: Well, he used to always reference his administrative assistant to reach out and you know, do trivia and all this stuff with her. This, like the whole running back situation, I'm starting to get the topic is starting to become tiresome because there's nothing new to say about it. It starts to make me I just feel like they maybe they need to find a way to truly make a difference, because it's like, you know, there wants a bunch of angry British people who decided to leave England for the new world. Like what if every running back banded together and say we're out of here, Like every running back leaves every roster and it's like, go play a football season with no running backs.
Speaker 4: Let's see how that works.
Speaker 3: It's do they have the power and capability to do that?
Speaker 4: Like unfortunately, well just don't show up to work.
Speaker 3: For Jonathan Taylor for sake, on Barkley, Like the solution to all of these things aren't going to happen in the span of their careers, right, Yeah, Like for the rookie wage scale went in in twenty eleven, Like Jonathan Taylor may have been thirteen years old at that point. Like these things happen on these giant glacial time frames, and so like the average length of the NFL career has shortened since that CBA, right, and it continues to get shorter, And if you don't play as long, then you're not going to have as much opportunity over time. And and so like the most recent CBA, I think passed by sixty votes. It wasn't like a slam dunk that they got this deal done, and so like that's why I was looking back at Saquon, like what were his actual options like for him in twenty twenty three?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: I think that's what some guys are gonna have to ask themselves because the solutions might not exist while they're still playing.
Speaker 8: Right I mentioned all those free agents. This topic is tirre to my agree, Mark, and it's not going away. I think it's going to be cranked up next year with all those free agents. I did want to Jonathan Taylor's agent responded to that tweet, bad faith is not paying your top offensive player. So this is something where like the loose lips I guess of earthsa here is creating a issue.
Speaker 1: Even if it's not about his running back.
Speaker 2: If it's the owner of the Colts saying this, of course, Jonathan Taylor's gonna be like, huh and and hey, JT. Just so you know, and I like you. I think you have a big bounce back season perhaps coming up. If that ankle is healthy, You're not getting extended. Because Chris Ballard then followed up the GM of the Colts, we're coming off a four win season. We have a new coaching staff, so we kind of let it play out as it does and make those decisions when we need to make those decisions.
Speaker 1: So tough sitch, tough.
Speaker 3: Stitch, maybe he should play have a great season. If the Colts make the playoffs, maybe Jonathan Taylor should say, all right, see you.
Speaker 1: Guys, he's real. Finally eight o'clock delight, Greg Oh shoot.
Speaker 8: JK. Dobbins is on the pup list. But John Harbaugh and his sneaky John Harbaugh way kind of made it obvious. It might be a holdout situation that you gotta ask JK.
Speaker 1: Nice, You're not gonna contract any other about.
Speaker 8: Buddha Baker is in camp, got a little extra money, got an incentive, so no hold out there. Cowboys safety Donovan Wilson is out four to six weeks. He just got paid to Jalen Ramsey got carted off the field in Dolphins Cape. We don't know too much about that, but it's a little scary.
Speaker 1: Yikes.
Speaker 8: Trey Hendrickson trigg a tray of Saints. Fien gets a one year tacked onto his career, and then John Ross the number nine overall pick.
Speaker 1: Of what draft was that twenty seventeen yep.
Speaker 8: One pick ahead of Patrick mahone owl. He pointed that out, Sorry to take your name.
Speaker 1: No, that's what she was ready to fire though, No.
Speaker 9: That I mean that's Dutch draft had very few wide receivers. He was the only one in the first round. Cooper Cuplan in the third though.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a classic redraft scenario.
Speaker 4: It's good first round in general, but not for the Bengals.
Speaker 8: We never did the real redraft.
Speaker 2: Nice exercise, that's what's happening. In the news. We'll be right back right before we get to our conversation piece today, which is our favorite rivalries heading into twenty twenty three, Let's start with, as promised, long teased, Mark, our conversation on the Netflix series Quarterback, the eight part series Omaha Productions. It's Peyton Manning. He's the executive producer of this project in conjunction with NFL.
Speaker 8: Kind of on fire, like he does this nice job. Does the podcast set you building something quietly?
Speaker 1: And what is Quarterbacks? If you haven't watched our Quarterback?
Speaker 2: It is a study of three professional passers in the NFL at different levels in their career, Patrick Mahomes, the Great Patrick Mahomes, Kirk Cousins of the Vikings, and Marcus Mariota in his final season with the Falcons.
Speaker 1: So let's get into it.
Speaker 9: Mark, Well, no, all right, so, uh you know, Well, to be real with you, I told you that I knew. I was on vacation with family last week. Yes, and I went the minute this started to percolate and everyone's talking about I'm getting DMS about this show, it's like, Oh, I'm like just like, well, no, I'm hoping. I'm hoping that you guys discussed it while it was gone, because it's like I don't have the bandwidth to watch eight episodes right now on the on this vacation or suddenly do it all in one day. And I just decided I made this decision. Uh well a couple things like I just made the decision. One point, I'm not doing it, no harm, no foul, I'm happy for Peyton Manny. I'm just not going to do it. And this like wave of freedom came over me. But I did add it to my list of you know, everyone's these shows that everyone's telling me I have to go watch that I have. It's here, It's somewhere on this list. I will watch Quarterback, after the Wire Breaking, Bad Better Call, Saul, Big Love, The Shield, Deadwood, Dexter, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Freaks and Geeks, then Quarterback. And I'm not gonna I want you to feel free to discuss this wonderful series the way that you wish. So I'm gonna hard out of this series of this conversation, but I want to leave you with Connor Orr's comments from a couple of days ago about this, because this is what sent me on this journey of not caring.
Speaker 2: By the way, Later this week, we will offer some of our thoughts about Quarterback, the Netflix series that evolves Patrick Mahomes prominently. Have you been watching that, Connor.
Speaker 12: No, because I think ninety of that is just terrible. Both like it's just like like all this stuff about like all inside the mind of a quarterback, like he memorizes plays and throws the ball and it's like, yeah, man, and we work hard at what we have to do, like we're all amazing, all.
Speaker 1: Right, enjoy it all right?
Speaker 8: And Mark Mark marks out taking off is a big spectacle of himself about this. It seems he's left the cat computer. He's gonna have to come back for the segment.
Speaker 3: But the door closes slowly, so like it was awkward?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry because again I said on the other show, like I am I just a goober for being into this content?
Speaker 1: Is it a cool thing not to watch? Like to watch this? No, I think he's gotten maybe is it edgy to skip out on this?
Speaker 8: No, I think it's gotten different reactions. But I think it's got a lot of fans. It's done by NFL.
Speaker 1: I sure lock them calorbacks can't watch watch this show.
Speaker 8: Did NFL Films make it or they just use the NFL films.
Speaker 1: It wasn't clear to me.
Speaker 3: It has a very the aesthetic, right, and of course if you use NFL Films footage, it's going to have that, But there's something about it that feels rather hard knocks.
Speaker 8: I mean, they they produced it, they were one of the three productions.
Speaker 1: They were definitely part of it.
Speaker 2: But it's if just to give you because you know, I was doing some research on it and NFL Films wasn't actively promoting it in this same way that Omaha Productions Twitter.
Speaker 1: Handle is promoted. It doesn't really matter. We're in the weeds a little bit.
Speaker 2: So while Mark is taking his break, I want to share my thoughts on it because I loved it from the perspective of learning more about Mahomes and cousins, and I thought that was really interesting. Some of the other stuff, the structure of it. It was maybe familiar to other programs you watched in the past, but I think Mahomes, I'll start with Mahomes and curious what you guys think, Like, I found him to be so interesting and how unassuming he is. There's nothing for a guy that has had the level of success and the greatness. There's nothing that feels like mythological about him or awe inspiring. The way he walks, his talk, he talks, his stature, the way he carries himself.
Speaker 1: He's not like.
Speaker 2: There was a moment in the when they get into the AFC title game and they show Burrow walking in and he's all swaggy and he just has this look and this aura about him. Mahomes to me, doesn't have that, and yet he out there and he is arguably on pace to be the greatest quarterback ever. So I thought it was kind of cool, how to see someone this special.
Speaker 1: Yeah uh be.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say normal, because there's nothing normal about Patrick Mahomes, but seemed like a relatable, regular dude and not It's almost it was kind of jarring to me to see him not be this bigger than life figure in the context that we get to know him in the show.
Speaker 8: He carries being Patrick Mahomes pretty lightly, considering how difficult that is. I think for a lot of people like I don't think Tom Brady could have invited cameras in at this stage of his career and been comfortable about that and there's a story how Peyton Manning kind of convinced Mahomes didn't want to do it, and Manning did it. Just thought it would be a really interesting exercise. And I thought about that because I think I understand why Jalen Hurts would say no. I would understand why anyone would say no. But I can also see why Mahomes is uniquely able to just say yes, because like he's so comfortable in his own skin and that he can handle anything because everything is going on around him. There's he's got his family, he's got his brother is a little bit of a you know issue, and different pops. Everything's happening. He's got, he's got being Patrick Mahumes, and he carries it all. It's just like, well, of course this is what I'm doing, and you're right. I think it gave a good look into that I haven't finished. I have to admit I have not finished it yet, but I'm a finished. I don't have like a hot take on it. That's I mean, sometimes you don't have to tweet about something. Mine is like, it's pretty enjoyable watch. It's like a perfect thing to watch while you're like eating lunch. It's like, maybe you're not gonna I'm not gonna carve out nine to ten pm to sit and watch it necessarily, but I'm going to get through it because there's enough interesting parts about it. I enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I think the only I don't really have a hot take. I think Dan maybe expecting you to have one.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I don't. Everybody thinks they have a hot take now.
Speaker 3: Now, well, No, it's like in the in the context, because I've seen.
Speaker 8: It a few criticisms about all three of these.
Speaker 3: Guys, right, people who generally are very very critical of Kirk Cousins have come away saying, oh, well, you know, I feel better about Kirk.
Speaker 1: Now well.
Speaker 3: I think that's what context does. And it's not like perfect context because this is like produced for these quarterbacks, right, and they do want people to be a part of it. But I think maybe the takeaway some people should have is well as good of a job that folks do in NFL media do, and as good as a job as the teams do, maybe there is information that I don't necessarily have access to when I'm making judgments about these particular people, and maybe I should give be a little more lenient, like the Mariota situation about quitting on the team in all those things, because I think that's come up a few times where the team always wants you to have surgery on your time, right, don't have surgery on our time on the team time, right, Like like a Michael Thomas type situation. But it's like, well, if I'm looking out for myself and my bodies.
Speaker 8: If I'm going to get cut anyway, yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, shouldn't I have the surgery now if I want to play next year versus like I'm gonna Oh.
Speaker 1: I disagree with you guys on that. I think Mariota.
Speaker 2: I felt for Mariota a little bit because it was clear and it makes sense. He put all of his eggs in the twenty twenty two Falcons basket, and he talks about that as the season's beginning and ramping up, and they have a little bit of success at the end of September, and you know, he had this golden opportunity to be a starter again, this former Heisman Trophy winner who was a number two overall pick, and it hadn't really worked out, and now here it was out in front of him again.
Speaker 1: And when it goes.
Speaker 2: Sideways, you know, I see they go into the bye week and he gets bench during the bye week a day after his baby's born, and that's an emotional time for anyone. His head coach says, listen, there's nothing going on with his knee that has restricted him this season in terms of practicing games.
Speaker 1: And he just took off and went back to Vegas.
Speaker 2: And you know, you had a young quarterback on that roster that was now becoming the starter. It actually surprised me based on basically how I saw him relation to cousins. Mahomes is a guy that maybe the passion is not at the same level, and I was a little surprised at the Eagles then jumped at him and brought him back in, brought him in there. Even at the end of the last episode, he says. He has a quote where he says, I was really hoping for something West. I was trying to come back closer to home, but Philadelphia was very supportive. I just don't know if he's like the dude that's really all about ball and leaving that team.
Speaker 1: It's just I think something you don't do, and he did it.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be a lot harder for him to get this opportunity if he waits to have surgery four months ago, right, Like, if he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Do the surgery, what kind of surgery was it?
Speaker 3: Don't it was a miniscus surgery, right right, And so like we talk about timelines and like the severity of surgery, it's still surgery, you know, Like I don't think people are necessarily doing it for fun.
Speaker 8: Right Arthur Smith, I guess was putting it like he could play through it and then have surgery later, but.
Speaker 1: He needed He also left the team.
Speaker 2: He's gone, Yeah, flew back to Vegas, and that was the end of his connection to the Falcons.
Speaker 8: The big winner is absolutely Kirk Cousins. Like he he just comes across very likable. It's interesting to like, I haven't watched the whole series that the episode on them playing through pain and kind they tried to structure in a way where there were different themes and I think there were some benefits of that, and there were some negatives, Like one was like the mental side of it. One was like playing through injuries and everything. But you just see how much it means to Kirk Cousins, And he's a very likable person in general, and you see how good a I think, how he communicates with everyone around him, That's something I wouldn't have understood, like his his coaches, Kevin O'Connell. But I just love him in general, and he comes off Yeah, he comes off really really good in this too. The trick is to what you said earlier, Patrick is like it is it. It does feel a little infomercially, even more than a Hard Knocks. I feel like does like it just could have been shorter, that's all. It's like, I don't need Patrick Mahomes for five minutes at an amusement park playing with it because there's nothing interesting about that. So you're asking someone to watch that and it's like there's there's nothing compelling about that, and there's just a few too many items of that, just like we're having a barbecue, but like nothing, there's no dynamics within that barbecue that we're interesting either. So it's just like was eight hours, So it's like it could have been three hours, you know, it could have been like four hours or something.
Speaker 1: Some people might like seeing that more.
Speaker 8: I like it, but I guess like you could pick and choose because there were parts where they featured their private life that were compelling and interesting, but it was like eight hours is you know, it's like the whole Godfather series. I saw. Florio said, it's immediately the most interest, the most important and like compelling, you know NFL show there is, And I would argue, I would argue against that because I don't think it's given you as as like real a look as I yeah, I think I think it was entertaining too. I'm not I'm not pooping on it. I just wish it was a little short.
Speaker 3: In terms of the miked up stuff on the field, Like we get that, like films is doing that stuff all the time, and I think it's the best part. Like the the O'Connell cousins interaction during the Bills game where Kirk is getting beat up like Ed Oliver landed on his rooms. His ribs were already bruised and he's having trouble breathing and O'Connell's like you okay.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, I'm hurt. Yeah anywhere that's real.
Speaker 8: And there was one where he kind of gets mad at Kirk fritzing out on a play call essentially, and Kirk's.
Speaker 1: Kind of audibling into a sneak that leads to a bad you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And it was so funny because Kirk was saying his dad scouting report of him back when Kirk was like a high school player is the same thing now. And even in this show, you can see maybe what prevents Kirk from being even another level. I mean, he's maxed out his career pretty well, but he's so hard on himself. He's always kind of revisiting all the things he does wrong that you almost feel like that that is a week maybe that maybe the greats aren't quite like that, Like he's always beating himself up and sort of revisiting in the moment what he's doing wrong, like he can't totally let go. And you see that a little.
Speaker 1: Bit here is Cousins.
Speaker 2: He was looking at his dad was I believe he was his coach in high school and sharing kind of an and the end of the season progress report, which he did for all of his players, including his own son.
Speaker 13: He said, to work on you need to be a more vocal leader. Your footwork needs to get better. And so it's funny because if you were to give this to a scout on the Vikings right now, they'd probably say that that's pretty accurate to this day, you know, twenty years later. I was fourteen when he wrote this, and then he wrote at the end, he said, Kirk, if you keep developing, you could someday be an All Conference and maybe even an All State player in high school. And I remember when my dad wrote that, and I thought, Wow, my dad thinks I could someday be an All state football player.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's that's big time.
Speaker 13: I remember thinking to be All State. And it's interesting, is I didn't make All State.
Speaker 2: That good as I guess as a father of two boys, that gets me a little bit. And I just have some for Cousins before we move on, and Mark, you could come back in whenever you want that.
Speaker 1: I have so much respect for anyone.
Speaker 2: Who could reach the absolute like ceiling of their potential and maybe even clear it a little bit. And because Cousins doesn't have the greatest size, or strongest arm or most athleticism, he isn't, you know, in terms of personality traits.
Speaker 1: It's not what you say is like what you're.
Speaker 2: Looking for necessarily in a franchise QB one, but it's clear and you see it in this series and you see in his production in his career, that he works his ass off, he's passionate about what he does, He's tough as hell, He's real, and I think that's one thing you kind of this series helped for me see with him, Like we kind of see Kirk Cousins like I see somebody takes seriously.
Speaker 1: He's so confident in who he is.
Speaker 2: And even if that's not the archetypal quarterback, his players, his teammates like him. You could tell because they know he's an authentic person. Literally, you know, at ease with who he is. And I think it's easy to admire him and it just will change.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 2: Not that because a lot of those things you mentioned, by the way, I would watch before this also, like The Wire for instance, my order that yeah, okay, But I feel.
Speaker 8: Like I feel like Big Love was like a little high on the list.
Speaker 1: That's a little high.
Speaker 2: I do like Paxton Rest in Peace, but Cousins, I'm like, I feel like going into a season, this is a nice like pump up primer for the season, and I'm looking forward to following Kirk cousins career more now after watching.
Speaker 9: So uh, you know, being back to number one, I kind of enjoyed listening to this podcast versus being on it.
Speaker 4: That was kind of enjoyable, but liked.
Speaker 1: It could be arranged. We wouldn't want that to happen, right, Yeah, that.
Speaker 9: Could be the end of the end game. But like I would say ultimately that the Cousins clip, I mean, yeah, it affects me. It changes how I think about him. But there also was a request from.
Speaker 1: Maybe not as much as the Deadwood premiere would hit with you, but I don't.
Speaker 8: Know that's on my list. I don't that's a good point.
Speaker 9: There was a request to maybe way in just for a minute about his selecting his outfits. And there was a series where Kirk cousins his request.
Speaker 4: From the behind the Glass.
Speaker 9: It's like a little bit more talk about his clothing and his fast his choice.
Speaker 8: Wife picks out his Patagonia stuff and that's that's fine.
Speaker 1: Oh I did.
Speaker 2: That was one other thing I wanted to share. Shout out to Brittany, Julie and Kiomi. Yeah, nice job, great job by the wise.
Speaker 9: So I heard a different tale about the Mahomes individual.
Speaker 8: No, I think the families come off really well.
Speaker 4: There's I didn't see it, so it's not much you didn't see it.
Speaker 3: No, there's a dedicated subset of people that I think because of Jackson, maybe mainly that like Brittany's never going to make a comeback in their eyes, like it doesn't matter how positive anything portrays them. Like they're people.
Speaker 2: They're very supportive and very knowledgeable of his career and like when his injury, that guy won the super Bowl, by the way, on one leg. All right, quick program. Note, we are undefeated when it comes to timing. About an hour after we taped our Thursday podcast, the news came out of Cincinnati that Joe Burrow had suffered a calf injury and was carted to the locker room. As of this time, we don't know how serious the injury is. When we recorded the second part of the podcast, we didn't even know an injury existed because it hadn't happened yet.
Speaker 1: Freaky huh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we'll have more on the Burrow situation on our next podcast, but for now, here's a conversation about Burrow, at least in part. Enjoy and let me seg now into our conversation on rivalries, because let's start with Mahomes and Burrow. That's because that dude, that unassuming all time quarterback Patrick Mahomes. His ankle was destroyed against the Jaguars and he just gutted through the end of that season and beat Trevor Lawrence, then beat Burrow, then beat Jalen Hurts and his dream season doing it on one leg. And I found it so interesting when Burrow and the Bengals beat the Chiefs earlier in the season, and what was it the third time they beat They beat him in the AFC Title game the year before, three in a row, and you had all that stuff about burrowhead and Joe Burrow owns the Chiefs and Patrick owns it's his time to step down and it's Burrow's time. And I was part of that chorus in January saying, this is Burrow's year. And then what does my homes do on one leg? He finds a way and wins that game and then wins the Super Bowl. But it also reminded me they did play it in quarterback. Can we get the Travis Kelsey who deserves a medal for this? I don't know, just like a gold medal for the postgame presser immediately after the AFC Title game, and and and as well as just great television amped up this rivalry even more.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, first of all, also when thy gone man love it right before that interview with Tracy Wilson of CBS, and you saw this on quarterback Mahomes and Burrow after the game, and Mahomes is repeatedly saying many more, Doug, I think it is.
Speaker 2: I think this is the best rivalry since Peyton and Brady and just this week, Reggie for the desert heads out there, Burroughs are passed Mahomes. He's now plus six hundred to win NFL MVP over Mahomes at six point fifty. And it's just like the two guys that are seen as the best quarterbacks.
Speaker 8: Take mahomes number every year. Yes, witting last year. By the way, you guys got on me for picking him as MVP before the year.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on that anyway. So they've squared off in each of the last two AFC title games. I hope it's not the last of it, and I don't think it will be. I think it's the best rivalry in the sport, both team chiefs, Spangles and quarterbacks.
Speaker 8: Mahomes Borough I'll give you.
Speaker 9: Sometimes, you know, conflict can be man verse self and like the rivalry that I feel kind of growing. I almost put Chiefs Bengals Bills as this triumphant atop the AFC where it's like I could see the Bills in some world coming out of this. But my rivalry right now the way I feel because I think a year ago you just ticket the Bills for thirteen fourteen wins in an AFC title game appearance. They seemed like that team in the AFC because we were questioning what would happen to the Chiefs a year ago. But right now I think it's the Bills versus and mounting sense of internal dread and just basic dread, and I.
Speaker 1: Just feel Bills be thyself exactly Red Man verse self.
Speaker 9: That's the tough one that when I don't feel this way about the Chiefs, there's incredible optimism no matter what the challenges. You trust the coach and the quarterback to work the way out of it. We already saw that all last year.
Speaker 4: Bengals.
Speaker 9: To me, sky's the limit for just the reasons you mentioned, because of the quarterback, because it's we've never seen a Bengals team like this. Something about the Bills feels a little snake bit and a little ominous, and I don't have proof of what's going to come next, but I just think that's gonna be a theme.
Speaker 4: They went through it last year.
Speaker 9: I think the emotional weight of last season caught up to them by the end for a lot of reasons. They also were incredibly resilient. Josh Allen became a leader. But I just think this year is going to be a little bit different for Buffalo and inside a very tough division.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: And I agree, And that almost makes me think, hmm, maybe this is the year they surprise people, because it always seems like the year everyone thinks one like last year is not supposed to be the Chiefs, right, but Tom Brady's first year with Tampa was not supposed to be the Bucks year. That was supposed to be like the year they build up to that. And we're all thinking about this because that is the right answer in terms of just like right now, what's the rivalries that defined the NFL? And I think rivalries are why football, American football is a better sport frankly than the other most popular American sports, or it's one reason they're more popular, I think, than the NBA and basketball because rivalries are so important within the division, and then you get these like Bill's Chiefs is an incredible rivalry. When the Bills beat the Chiefs early last season, it really felt like a moment, you know, like they had gotten over some hump and that those playoff losses that they had are insane. But then you think about Bengals cheese, and then you just sort of think all of Mahomes's rivalries. He has a rivalry with Alan, he obviously has one with Burrow. Every time him and Justin Herbert play, it's like the Chargers just kind of play the Washington Generals, but all those games are amazing, and both quarterbacks always.
Speaker 4: Play Herbert's Kansas City are insane.
Speaker 2: Tellingly, Mahomes says after the Jaguars win, when he's back at his house with his family, someone at this party says to him, who would you rather play? And he says, he wants Cincinnati like he respects Buffalo, but it's the Bengals that he wants.
Speaker 1: Like that, I thought, I thought it was the Bills.
Speaker 2: It was a weird season for Buffalo and nearly like a horrifically tragic one, obviously with Tamar Hamlin. But I thought when they lost at home in the snow to Cincinnati. They fell behind, and I view them kind of outside of those big two now, but you could easily see it the other way around.
Speaker 8: I guess the thing is when you have greatness. We've gone from one dynasty that's never had anything like it in the NFL history, the Patriots, where we got most of the best rivalries involved the Patriots for a while, and we segued with an actual game right into the Chiefs having all the best rivalries. I mean, Mahomes to me, his most incredible season was his first as a starter, and Belichick really prevented them from getting that trophy or Tom Brady did so, Like even Mahomes Belichick, I'm glad they're playing this year. That's a rivalry. All the Chiefs rivalries are the best because they're the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the feeling about Buffalo, it's hard for I think, especially me and I know for a lot of people to get that image of Buffalo in the snow just getting trounced and ran out of their own building, and that like that influences expectations. But we have these discussions coming into every season and it seems like the folly of expectations should like we should realize that.
Speaker 8: They went thirteen and three.
Speaker 3: Like the things we expect aren't necessarily going to happen, right, and so like I think Buffalo could be fine, but it could also go horribly wrong. And unfortunately, due to the nature of the game, it could be like that for the Chargers. It could be like that for the Bengals, it could be like that for the Chiefs, Like we don't want to see it. But I think the thing that I love about the Burrow Mahomes situation is and it may happen, but right now there's no like, oh, Joe Burrow can't win the Big Game or any dumb like that, Like people are recognizing, like these guys are good, like Aaron Donald makes a play, or Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelcey make a play, and it doesn't like define careers like they just lost. And I'm glad that we haven't had the dumb stuff yet.
Speaker 8: And Mahomes is the oldest of the three including Josh Allen, and he's twenty seven. It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Mark, to your point about the Bills, I think it was an episode you weren't here last month. We did the urgency scale. I had the Bills at at perfect ten points. That's how I feel this is such a tremendously important year in the history of the organization because I think there is part of that dread is was that window? Was it the last couple of years and we didn't get it done at home in January the previous year the thirteen second game, Like, was that the window where this team was?
Speaker 4: But it isn't that.
Speaker 9: Sort of what we're saying is it's like I could project the Chiefs making four or five Super Bowls over the next seven or eight years.
Speaker 4: I would have no problem with that.
Speaker 9: Bengals, sure, I mean, as long as they can continue to, you know, keep the roster together. But the Bills to me feel like the window is slowly closed.
Speaker 2: Might be unfair because it might be Allen is still young and he's got fifteen years ten fifteen years ahead of him. They could reload as well, but maybe it's this core and then I don't know. I felt strongly entering this past season that they were the team now and there's a little doubt around them.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's not the worst thing. Patrick, how about you, rivalry.
Speaker 3: Favorite? Are we going what are we doing anything you want? Okay, So one rivalry that jumps out to me that is bananas because we just talked about Salah and Sean Payton, and like it feels like there's actual animosity there at this point to a tongu about Loa and Justin Herbert are two of the nicest people on planet Earth. They would never say a foul thing about literally anybody, but their fan bases are so fashionate that this thing has been created off of pure conversation about who should have been drafted, where, who's the better.
Speaker 8: Quarterback, the best thing that ever happened in Manuel watch you.
Speaker 11: Ain't got no haters, You ain't popping.
Speaker 3: That's so cringe.
Speaker 1: I just remember how literally you ain't bro cringe, ain't popping bro if he ain't got no haters, hikes.
Speaker 3: But it's just a It's a sign of one how like annoying conversations can be, but also how much energy and attention it generates for the game because these two guys like literally wouldn't hurt a fly, Like they would never say a cross thing about anybody. But I'm I'm excited about this game, Like this has been years in the making and I'm not excited about all the things that people are gonna say about it, but I'm just I'm glad that we have these guys, and I'm glad we have people.
Speaker 8: And its week one. You know what that if you don't want too much attention on that, and I think you're right, the build up to the game will get a lot and the PostScript will get a lot. But the fact that it's week one, it's not in a primetime spot, and it's actually opposite the Tony Romo Jim Nance game in week one, we've already seen the assignments of announcers. Nothing made me feel like football is back more than let's hear them CPS. What we got the announcers I will ever too soon to talk about. I'll bring them up. But I know that Romo and Nance are on Eagles Patriots at four to twenty five, and Packers Bears is also on Fox at four twenty five, So you're you're you're burying Dolphins Chargers there in a relatively big spot as.
Speaker 1: We need to send the top team to cover the Patriots.
Speaker 8: I remember Charles Davis is on Bengals Browns because I just remember thinking, oh, Mark and if he wants to watch that.
Speaker 4: Here we go down the street.
Speaker 8: We all enjoy Charles Davis and Ie Eagle, and I was like, that'll be a pleasant call, just an option game.
Speaker 4: I will watch all the games, so I will.
Speaker 1: I will watch that that specifically, that will be choice for you. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, Patrick, I'm so with you on the fact that the two quarterbacks probably could be best pals and go on endless road trips. But that was a with their prime time and counter Sastrey too quiet, you know it would I wouldn't want to watch it. But that's another show I wouldn't watch. But that was a dark night for X aka Twitter, that whole clash they had on in primetime aka Twitter.
Speaker 2: All right, let's pause here for one second promo. Baby Football's back. Celebrate by watching his teams across the league take the field for training camp Back Together Weekend presented by YouTube with two full days of practices, player interviews, miked up moments, and FanFest across the league. It's a can't miss NFL reunion. NFL Network and NFL Plus have you covered with coverage on Saturday, July twenty ninth and Sunday, July thirtieth, with additional coverage on ABC and DESPN. Go to NFL dot com Slash Back Together weekend for ways to watch. While we're here.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick and we'll get back to more rivalry talk. All right, we're back.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go with essentially Raiders versus everyone. Now below that, it's it's Al Davis, Al Davis and the Davises versus the NFL. I mean, that's the ultimate rivalry. Is they hated each other. Him and Pete rosell the commissioner. I mean, they lived up to their name. They merged like he got this merger he wanted to have this big spot in the NFL. Roselle ended up burying him, taking him off the competition committee. They hated each other like the Raiders in the NFL always were getting out each other. They were truly renegades. And then they tried to not let him go to Oakland. They sued the NFL they actually won. They basically hated themselves until the end of Roselle's career. Roselle said when he retired, one of the reasons he was retiring was Al Davis was such a pain in his assho all that time. Fast forward to like Mark Davison, we still got problems. We still got the end NFL rightfully, but uh, being involved in a situation where John Gruden's career ends with the Raiders and there's still tension here.
Speaker 1: Oh, they wouldn't let him go to la either for their biggest fan bases.
Speaker 8: Between now Davis and everything, there's still all this stuff. And then I think Mark Davis is definitely more genial. But then I thought about and it's like everyone thinks they have a rivalry with the Raiders, like Chargers games are different. When the Raiders show up, it's like, oh, oh no, like Raiders fans are showing up. You saw it on quarterback, Like the Chiefs actually consider their Raiders their biggest rival. Broncos kind of feel that way. It is kind of amazing that they've.
Speaker 2: Got to track some of the history of the game too. These are AFL teams exactly right. They killed each other in the sixties and then merge and that stuff leaves a long tail.
Speaker 8: But the fact that the Raiders specifically have been able to maintain this despite twenty years of sub mediocrity is pretty impressive. That just like as even though they've been bad, they still are sort of the team. Everyone around them and the NFL like a respect.
Speaker 2: Cow Boys see a way that they have the branding and ye, they're just something special about the meaning, but they haven't been special.
Speaker 9: Well I did that like back when we used to write like long articles like uh, you still can by the way, I know, well, no.
Speaker 8: I feel.
Speaker 9: I feel it's very possible. But I had the assignment to cover the last game in Oakland, but before it was it was a feature on talking to like twenty different Raiders, and I came away with it being like, yeah, just to your point that there is a Cowboys like aura to I mean, not that I didn't know that before, but just to see that these players who hadn't been on the field in twenty five years. One guy a couple just getting angry and angrier on the phone talking about games from you know, two and a half decades, goes like, there is nothing like the Raiders there.
Speaker 8: As fans hate the Raiders still even though they've been bad forever.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 2: Just think about how rewarding to see your your byline on NFL dot com.
Speaker 4: There's nothing in the work, there's nothing like it.
Speaker 2: But doing the twenty thousand words Yeah, letting the audience see your gift for writing the craft.
Speaker 1: It's you could do that again.
Speaker 9: I think what I'm doing is if there's too much of it, there's no need. So if I wait seven or eight years to do another one, then there will be that appropriate need want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, turns Melick.
Speaker 8: What's the historical one you were referring to earlier?
Speaker 9: I was hoping it was very much something that Wes and I used to talk about all the time, because before Wes dispatched the Bengals, he back in the days of Sam Weish in the old AFC Central, which all those teams hate talking about teams, there was no friendliness between They all hated each other. But it never peaked more between the old Oilers and Bengals than was Jerry Glanville, who was I found him to be highly annoying as a Browns fan, but entertaining years later just to see was a truly strange character.
Speaker 4: And Sam Weish. These guys hated each other.
Speaker 9: And I'll never forget this one game nineteen eighty nine, when the Bengals, at the height of their disdain for the Oilers and Sam Weish's hatred of Jerry Glanville, who he was, what he represented, the kind of teams that he put on the field. They beat the Oilers sixty one to seven, and there's an incredible story on the Athletic about this where they were up thirty one nothing and went forward on fourth down. They recovered an on side kick, leading forty nine nothing and then.
Speaker 4: Kept throwing the ball NonStop.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sean Payton.
Speaker 9: That's the thing that makes me excited for Jets Broncos because they ran a fake reverse after that. The score was fifty eight to seven at one point with thirty seconds to go, and they kicked a thirty yard field goal to make it sixty one to seven. And then Sam Weish in the post game, there's a great oral history on this on the.
Speaker 4: Athletic, and he blew the doors.
Speaker 9: Down and went on like a twenty five minute tirade about the person of Jerry Glanville, the football coach, Jerry Glanville, what he produced, what the Oilers represented in football, and Sam Weish was one of the most charitable kind people. Everyone thinks, so you don't live in Cleveland, but that there was this whole aside Tom where he was a Bill Walsh disciple who was involved behind the scenes and helping so many different people. But Glanville just got on and he could not You could never calm down when they played the Oilers and it was one of one of the more delicious rivalries.
Speaker 4: It's sort of forgotten right now.
Speaker 8: I love that one. That reminds me of the Belichick Titans game where they put like sixty on them in the snow and it was and he tried to pretend it wasn't, partly because he didn't like Joe Fisher was like, absolutely, you're calling. I think they called the play where it was like a like where you handed it off to the wide receiver, threw it back to the quarter the t Brady it was like forty nine to six. It's like, but those games you remember, I'm like this something wrong with a little blowout.
Speaker 1: It's fit fun the tie together.
Speaker 2: Think about if Rogers is having one of those Sundays where he's like in the Jordan shoulder shrug mode and everything he throws is right on the money. After Peyton went after his good buddy Hacket and Slahich you heard from Salad there, Oh, that.
Speaker 1: Would be delicious to see why Jets run up the score on.
Speaker 8: Peyton's as whoever's leading, if they can, they will be trying in that game.
Speaker 9: I'm with you, feel like you're gonna be drafting that game number one potentially that we intentionally it's in the it's in the running for me to take Jets games from you.
Speaker 1: Take as many as you want. I'm watching it regards.
Speaker 3: Except that one. I think I think they're gonna give you that one. Patrick all Right popped in my head.
Speaker 11: It's the.
Speaker 3: It's an old rivalry, but I think it still exists because there's back and forth as the story continues to get told, Golden Tate versus Percy Harvin.
Speaker 8: It's still wait, it's still happening.
Speaker 3: This specifically because it fulfills my agenda, and that is that's why I will take the opportunity to talk about it. For those who don't know, Uh, the Seahawks are about to play the Broncos in the Super Bowl. Uh, there's a conversation about whether or not Percy Harvin is gonna play Golden Tate is like, whatever, it doesn't matter. We didn't need Percy to win the last game. Person didn't like it. Uh. Through Percy's telling in the story and Cliff Averrals and several other people. H Percy punches him in the face. Golden Tate ends up in the trash can. They go and win the super Bowl in the trash can. The trash can wait. He like fell into a trash can. He wound up the amazing Again, that's that's Percy's telling what a great punch. Golden denies that. But the way that fulfills my agenda is these guys didn't like each other. There was literally a fight. It wasn't a distraction. They blew the Broncos.
Speaker 8: Out hard, was awesome.
Speaker 4: Percy Harvin had to play the game like.
Speaker 3: All you have to do is execute, Like you could not like people. Whatever, they went out there and did it. And that's why I love the rival. The fact that they're like all beaten and bruised and out of the league now and still still talking about it. I love it.
Speaker 4: I love you say this fulfills your agenda.
Speaker 3: It does, but its prior.
Speaker 1: What is the agenda? What is the agenda?
Speaker 3: Just to me, if you play and you play well, then you're gonna win, Like.
Speaker 8: It won't be a distraction, Like you don't have to get a lot.
Speaker 4: There there's no human emotion.
Speaker 1: You know you can do it. I don't think you needed receipts on that one.
Speaker 3: And well, I mean it's it's constantly argued against me. But either way, like you can do it with NFL films watching and there could be quarterback, there could be wide receiver documentary. But as long as you go out there and do what you're supposed to do, you're probab gonna win.
Speaker 8: But that route one on my long list was was Russell Wilson versus the Legion of Boom, which never ends like they enjoyed. They enjoyed it so much last year, like it still feels like it's going on. So that was That was that team, and there's and like it was all about like who gets the credit, which is where a lot of this stuff starts. People want people want the credit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, that team. It's kind of crazy. They only won the one Super Bowl as stacked as they were. The play with Malcolm Butler that is maybe ground zero for the heat that will forever be between Russell Wilson and the play caller and that defense.
Speaker 1: I'll at it.
Speaker 3: Dante Hattower made an incredible play on the play before he.
Speaker 1: Did took down Marshawn Lynch. Uh, you got one more WHI should I pick? Here? Let's go.
Speaker 8: Let's give McVeigh versus Shanahan because they're playing twice a year. We had Jordan Rodrigan. We didn't really talk too much about the playmakers, but we did. But man, you really get the feel of how weird and complicated that rivalry is. And yes, McDaniel and lafleur are kind of in the mix, but it's really more about Sean McVay and Shanahan, and to the point where they're obviously copying each other on certain things and watching each other, but that they know that the other guy knows that they're watching, and so that they're too prideful to exactly copy it, and they just do some bs cosmetic change where like we'll use a tight end on this sweep where it's a receiver so that it's a little different, so that it's us and like it's really ours. And I love that because it's one of my favorite parts of the whole thing, is how they all take stuff from each other. And I love that because they're doing it for just each other, because the rest of us nubes, don't we don't know all that, but they know that Sean McVay is going to be watching them on tape and think like, oh, they stole it from us. And so it's just this totally petty thing back and forth. And it was so complicated because you stand like their friendship whatever it is, their respect is on hold. They kind of they respect each other, but they don't like each other. I mean, Mike McDaniel used the word exploited to talk about his relationship with Kyle Shanahan, which was kind of like a little thing he threw in there, and it's all very complicated. Lafleur was just kind of like I like everybody, you know, it's the side of everything. Like he's like, I had to take it. He actually says I have no ego, and it's like, okay, I kind of believe it with him. But that that's like a fun element. And they're playing twice a year now. I'm gonna have a better context to use your word, Patrick when I when I watched this.
Speaker 9: Match, I think at the game where Shanahan when they like blew the doors off the Rams and had that like sixteen play eleven minute long drive where you knew Shanahan was just rolling and.
Speaker 8: They've basically owned McVeigh other than a big moment where they didn't. It definitely is in mcvey's krah or whatever you want to say, that they've owned McVeigh.
Speaker 3: And I wonder how that conversation and getting asked that question before that game so many times has affected their relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's probably been tough for Sean.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and hearing Kyle shaneon talk about it, especially even in the last week. I mean that loft to the ramps, like, yeah, he's on Sean McVay. But McVay won when they won the NFC championship and actually won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So let's close it out with going kind of full circle and Andy Reid and Bill Belichick. I pulled the numbers just out of curiosity. So Reid is sixty five years old, Belichick's seventy one. Belichick has two hundred and ninety eight career wins six sixty two percentage. Reid has two forty seven six forty one.
Speaker 8: Wow. So if he just keeps up close case in actually, you know, did this coached as long as he as Belichick did, he has a chance.
Speaker 2: Postseason Bell check unbelievable, thirty one and thirteen, six super bowls read twenty two and sixteen.
Speaker 1: He has two Super Bowl rings.
Speaker 2: Belichick has been the head coach of nine Super Bowl team six wins read four super Bowl teams two wins.
Speaker 8: Read.
Speaker 2: Is the first coach in NFL history to coach in five consecutive conference championship games, and Belichick right now has him.
Speaker 8: Obviously, Belichick did too.
Speaker 1: He was the first coach in NFL history, I guess, so maybe Belchick was the second.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: No, Belichick went nine straight.
Speaker 1: Take it up with the Kansas City Chiefs Press marketing department.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, they went nine straight, nine straight conference champions but then they go five in a row. Yeah, they went nine straight. That's like, to me, the most Wow. That is crazy, craziest stat of the of the Belichick.
Speaker 2: So what I'm saying here, Belichick obviously is in pole position, and if he finds a way to get one more kind of rye out of his career, it's not even gonna be a question.
Speaker 1: He's going to just basically have every record.
Speaker 2: But it's interesting, with Reid being six years younger, if he could stay healthy and on the sidelines if he still wants to do it, and read seems like a guy who's gonna want to coach forever. Patrick Mahomes, as we mentioned earlier in the show, is twenty seven years old, and I think the next five years are going to be very interesting to see where Reid is then, because yes, if we measure it ultimately, if you want to do a bottom line, you know, six super Bowls, it's six the two right now. But I don't know what does Mahomes have three titles in him? Then what's the conversation? I think the rivalry is these guys have a lot of respect for each other, So it's not like not personally hate each other rights, not personal. But I'm very interested to see what this looks like when the dust clears and you start to say, Belichick clearly right now the greatest coach ever. Does Reid have a chance to really enter that conversation in a meaningful way.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it does, because I think it's like there's they're flip flopped in a way because Belichick, you know, Post Cleveland had Tom Brady right out of the gate a year in and all that success came and we're now every talking head is like, is Belichick actually the great coach we think without Tom Brady, which is a ponderous conversation to me, but it exists. And then there was a long period where can Andy Reid be a good coach? But he's is he truly great?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 9: Is he a super Bowl winning guy that does this over and over? It's like, now he's got the quarterback, and yes he does.
Speaker 8: M I apologize the Patriots that made eight straight, So that was wrong.
Speaker 9: I think they were saying Reid achieved it before Belichick, not that alone.
Speaker 1: Was it with the Eagles? Is that what it was?
Speaker 9: I would go, Look, but I think that's what unless the PR departments just trying to pull a fast one on us be more exciting.
Speaker 8: Did the Eagles make five straight conference championship Well?
Speaker 3: They definitely, They definitely made four straight.
Speaker 2: He's the only coach to win und games and a peer in four consecutive conference championship games with two different their franchises.
Speaker 8: There you go, and they've made five straight. Now that's why I was thinking five. Either way, it's gotta be tough, but I think it's a great rile because to me, it's the best defensive mind of his era, Belichick of a couple eras and the best offensive mind and the most influential offensive mind, and Andy Reid, and they have come up against each other enough that the respect is massive. They've each had pretty big moments against each other. But to me, it's gonna be tough for Andy Reid to pass him. And I guess he could start just like he could pass him and wins. He could win more super Bowls, and then you talk about it, but Reid came up against Belichick and in such big spots a couple times that their careers would have changed. I'm thinking, of course, the Eagles Super Bowl appearance after he finally broke through and got there. It was the Patriots best team ever that shut them down. And then I'm thinking twenty eighteen, which to me with hindsight, but even at the time, to me feels like one of the most important games in the last twenty years for the Patriots to get that win on the road in overtime. For Brady's last Super Bowl in Mahomes's you know, first year MVP, that was like a sliding doorstable moment, and Belichick came out on top both those times.
Speaker 3: I think but even in both of those situations, one one is literally a coin flip, the other is a metaphorical coin flip.
Speaker 9: Yes, and I'm surprised you believe in metaphorical coin flips, just based on what I know about you.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, like, in terms of the degree of difference right between the outcomes and those two things, it could have gone either way.
Speaker 4: Like there's universes, right, Yeah, it's not sixty one to seven?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when's when's both of those?
Speaker 8: Well, that one I truly am with you. If the coin had flipped the other way, I think Mahomes would have scored at that point. They had it bites out there, like Belichick was a great first half plan, they did nothing. It was the worse first half of the year, and then they just they were scoring every time at the end.
Speaker 3: Maybe if it does get close, right and Andy Reid and Mahomes win a few more Super Bowls, maybe the fact that John Harbaugh and Doug Peterson have both won Super Bowls whereas the Belichick coaching tree is the floundering, maybe people make a case there. But hopefully, like history will be able to be like, hey, both of these guys are really good, like, we don't have to put, you know, two bad boys against each other.
Speaker 9: Then Andy Reid retires two seasons from now. In the conversations, we mute and we remove it from this episode.
Speaker 2: And I was gonna say, oh, and maybe well they have one more big stage together in January. I think if that happens, Belichick kind of puts it to bed a little bit as well, because not that there's any doubting of Belichick, but if he's able to big up, build up one more big Patriots team post Brady, it's like, all right, here's your flowers, here's your lollipops, good luck Max to everything.
Speaker 3: Would he do that, like would Bill leave just to like in a in a Rogers packer situation, to say to the boss, like, look at what I can do for somebody else, Like this is this is me getting out on my own go back to Cleveland.
Speaker 8: I am happy there on the still pound of that drum schedule. And we get it. We get a little read Belichick this year, Monday Night Football, late in the season, it's been a minute, you know.
Speaker 2: We get a little chep hypothetical mark craft in Belichick the egos, they can't coexist. It ends after this year, Belichick goes to Cleveland. You want to talk up up and circumstance.
Speaker 1: I have on business here and I always love this place. This is the this is the heart of football Cleveland, and it's our time.
Speaker 9: I think that would that would be too uh nostalgic for me to ignore.
Speaker 8: Would you write a letter to.
Speaker 1: This one being answer me this time around? Answer me?
Speaker 4: It's time. I want to probably email.
Speaker 8: Him all right, speed speed around here, speed around the leftovers. Rap versus schefter, we hit that this week. But that's clearly I got a rap versus pel racer. Okay, that house heat, that's a huge one. Yeah, Falcon Saints, I had to at least do I know you guys didn't want to sell, but Falcon Saints remember when Vic flipped them the bird? You probably don't. But there's a lot of good stuff there. Raven Steelers, I was trying to think of like a matchup I can. I think Stefan Diggs and Sauce Gardner could develop into one because Sauce Gardner did quite a good job. He gave up one big play against him last year, but other than that, really did a good job on Stefan Dick.
Speaker 2: So that's just a matchup. I'm looking I'm excited. I might hide it a little bit. I'm excited for Jets Dolphins this year and many many years.
Speaker 3: I think at some point Mike Evans and Marsha and Latimore are going to play a full game again.
Speaker 8: It's true like the NFL is did a nice job keeping the divisions the same, NFC East, a FC East, all all these go backs.
Speaker 1: So that's a good job by you.
Speaker 9: I'll give you a couple of no comments. Go ahead, all right, Dak Prescott verus talking heads. Kind of annoying to get dug in Browns fans first, Jettison Browns fans. They really hate each other online. I've experienced that. Lamar Jackson versus his own body, Cozar versus I mean, that's well off future rivalry, Belichick McDaniel.
Speaker 4: They couldn't be more different. I can't.
Speaker 9: I just want, I cannot wait to see what happens between Patriots Dolphins this year. I think it's going to become bigger and bigger. Cynical Jets fans, not you, you're an optimistic one, but cynical Jets fans versus themselves. This second d you said a future Josh Mike Pidaniel. I think that the polar opposite nature of the two of them. I cannot there's just too many. This is exciting, Like Dolphins Patriots has not brought me much joy over the years, but this now this might okay?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Uh? Aaron Rodgers versus the Packers, Oh yeah, that's pretty good one. The d m V versus Daniel Snyder, Rex Ryan versus Geno Smith.
Speaker 8: Uh, those are all great.
Speaker 2: It's it's very annoying that the Jets went to Lambeau last year.
Speaker 9: Oh just miss, I'd almost just changed the rule about interconference play and just you know, you could add they add an extra one.
Speaker 1: You should have done something about it. All right, that's enough. That's football, a little too much, too much football, a little too much.
Speaker 2: But great, good talk. Patrick, always a pleasure, always always on the side.
Speaker 1: These these aliens are gonna make you eat your words. No, they'll come for you first. I'm not having to go.
Speaker 3: With the aliens. I feel like the aliens would have issue with the characterization of this story. That's what I feel.
Speaker 8: I love that check out Patrick and I t C.
Speaker 1: What is that called you get back together? Weekend?
Speaker 8: I'm saying he's he's gotta catch it.
Speaker 3: Enjoy Yourself dot Com downloaded
Speaker 2: H