Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the week with Morgan, Part one behind a scene with a member of the show.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody? Happy weekend. Excited to be hanging out with you right here on Best Bits and with my guests this weekend.
Speaker 1: Mike deep Bay, let's go weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the weekend's here is feeling good.
Speaker 2: We are about to have fourth of July holiday. It's exciting.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's why I'm a extra hype right now.
Speaker 2: You are You seem very bright and bubbling.
Speaker 1: It's not just the weekend, but it's the holiday week coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exciting.
Speaker 2: Well, give me an update on life. Wait, actually hold on, let me do the Best Bits really quick. Just break it down and then I'm gonna need an update on life.
Speaker 3: What your plans are next week, how you've been, how is your birthday? So just you know, think what you want to say. We had Kevin Costner on the show this week which super.
Speaker 2: Awesome interview, talking about some of his old movie memorabilia that he owns and why he left Yellowstone in the new movie he.
Speaker 3: Has out this weekend.
Speaker 2: We talked about a person who has a fetish of dressing like a baby in a turn into a would you rather situation? Eddie had a missed opportunity with it smoking chicken business. Bobby got pulled over and then a police officer called in to talk about him getting pulled over. Two show members have the same weird rash. We had a show kind of recap from the past gosh, six years because the listener was in a coma. And Eddie's kids are using a new phrase in their home. So that's what's happening over on part two if you want to catch up. But Mike, let's get to you. Give me an update. How's life? How you feeling?
Speaker 1: I turned thirty three. It's kind of an uneventful birthday, is it? You turned thirty three? And it's like, I don't really feel much different. There's nothing I'm really working towards until forty and that's still like seven years away, so it's kind of like, all right, I'm thirty three. My birthday was also during the week, so it's really hard to have like a day feel special when you have all your normal work things you have to do. It's just kind of like, all right, we made time to go to dinner, have some dessert, and that was kind of my birthday and I was like, all right, back to.
Speaker 2: Life, but did you this weekend now would be your birthday part of the week and situation, Do you guys have any plans this weekend to celebrate the birthday?
Speaker 1: Further, Yeah, we're going to Arizona, which was the place we went to for our honeymoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like we loved it so much we wanted to go back to Scottsdale and just like this is kind of where I guess we're going to have some of the birthday celebration, but also like celebrating our anniversary because we've been married three years now, so we kind of just lumped it all into one trip.
Speaker 3: Nice, and you're going back to the same place you've been in Arizona, exact.
Speaker 1: Same place, same resort, trying to do it all the.
Speaker 2: Same, Okay, but new activities or no.
Speaker 1: No, we just want to I think we're at that point in the year where we just need both need to completely unplug and relax. So we just want to be like by a pool. The only thing different. We're going to a baseball game. We're going to a Diamondbacks game because my wife and I kind of have a tradition of always going to a baseball game in a city. We've been doing it since we first got together, Like twenty eighteen, we went to Chicago and went to a White Sox and Cubs game, and like, throughout the of our relationship, baseball has just kind of been somewhere in there.
Speaker 2: Is she a big baseball fan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like she grew up watching baseball with her grandparents and then when we got together, Oh, we both like baseball. You wouldn't like see us and think, oh we're big baseball fans. Not so much following every single team every single game, but we love going and experiencing a game. So it's our favorite sport to go see live.
Speaker 3: That's fun. And you're a big Texas Rangers fan?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Correct?
Speaker 3: Okay, is she also a Texas Ranger.
Speaker 1: I've converted her to her Texas Rangers because she didn't really have a team and she met me. She's like, all right, I root for the Rangers and she gotten at a good time because we won a World Series last year.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so fun. Yeah, okay, So baseball baseball fans, do you guys have baseball snacks? You always have to eat?
Speaker 1: I like the peanuts. I like to go traditional peanuts at the ball game. She doesn't really have a go to snack. She's gluten free, so usually can't find anything. If she can get popcorn, she'll get popcorn. But that's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: Are the peanuts not gluten free because of the oil they could come in or the gluten free I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess maybe she just doesn't like peanuts, that's possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, in some flower seeds, I feel like are.
Speaker 2: That's true too, because those are peanuts. What I associate with baseball any professional game. For me, it's peanuts, sunflower seeds, and for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: Laffy taffies.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I thought you're gonna say hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, being vegetarian and ever hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Some places do have vegan hot dogs. I feel like some ballparks are kind of including some options for people who have you tried some I haven't found where they have them at any game we've been to. We've been to a lot in different cities, but still haven't found the vegan hot dog. I would try when if they had it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe Arizona.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's also the only place that I drink beer at. Like this is like I haven't had any beer all or alcohol at all this year, but for some reason, in that setting of being at a baseball game, that environment, that feeling, I'm like, I gotta have some beers.
Speaker 2: Is there a particular beer that you go after? No?
Speaker 1: Which whatever is called?
Speaker 2: Anything could be, but could be a buil an ale whatever. Okay, that's fun. Okay, Arizona's gonna be awesome. What about I was thinking of this because there was a news story that kind of popped up. Maybe think of it, but what is something you really want to do this year, something that you hope you can accomplish. It can be totally random. It could be the smallest thing, the biggest thing, but something maybe you really want to do this year. And I'll give you a chance to think on it for a second, because this came up as a news story that adult summer camps are really popular this year, and I just feel like that would be so much fun. I loved summer camps as a kid, and I loved all the activities and stuff, but particularly as an adult, would be fun to go and unplug, like you're saying, and be able to act like a kid again with kind of no repercussions of acting like a kid, you know what I mean for the weekend. So I really want to do an adult summer camp. But I only have like a month left to accomplish this goal. It's a newer one.
Speaker 3: I don't even know that there's any near here, but it'd also be cool.
Speaker 2: I had chioprep it as an idea for the show to do it, but I had a feeling that what happened.
Speaker 1: Did you ever go to summer camp as a kid?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I thought. I thought that was like a thing that only happened in TV shows and movies.
Speaker 2: Really wait, you never went to a summer camp? Ye?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I went to. There was a church camp I went to.
Speaker 2: I went to a volunteer base like it was an organization called K's Club that I went to a camp for that. I did a teer camp I did. They were all like, all different kinds.
Speaker 1: I guess my summer camp was going to Mexico every summer as a kid.
Speaker 2: Oh that is a camp.
Speaker 1: I learned a lot of skills. I learned how to kill animals, I learned how to cook camp. I learned how to survive with basically.
Speaker 2: Notice they're not the same summer camps.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's the same thing I learned how to go to the bathroom outdoors and watch for animals, make you make sure you don't step anything weird.
Speaker 2: Mike, like summer camps where they have a bunch of activities for you to play, and you can jump in a lake and maybe you you.
Speaker 3: Swing from a little swing that puts.
Speaker 2: You into the lake.
Speaker 1: We used to jump into very sketchy bodies of water in Mexico. I don't even know what they would be classified here, maybe like a pond. But it was just like these because in Mexico, where at least my grandparents live, they didn't have running water.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: We would have to gather water in different ways. We would literally put out barrels and gather rain water. We wouldn't drink it, although I did sometimes. I think that's why I have such a great immune system, because I drank water in Mexico. But there was like these ponds, like these reservoirs where they would just fill the like dig a big hole, fill them up with water, and people would like take like their animals they go drink from and sometimes we were jumping them and I would get pretty sick.
Speaker 2: I would bet you would get pretty sick.
Speaker 1: So I feel like now like it was all my summers and Christmas is in Mexico that has built up my immune system because I really only get sick like once, maybe twice a year.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, I mean I feel like water in general that doesn't have some type of filtration system, it's difficult regardless of.
Speaker 3: Where you're at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they tell you not to drink the water when you go to Mexic. The sickest I've ever been was in Mexico. I think I was probably eight or nine years old, and I was so sick that I started ucinating.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I remember like falling asleep and I heard what sounded like somebody playing tennis in the hallway, and I got up and there was this small like Leprechaun figure that I hallucinated, just clapping his hands. And then I freaked my parents out and they were like checking on me, and I kept telling my mom I saw the little guy clapping, and They're like, we got to get this kid to the doctor.
Speaker 2: Did you ever find out like what you had?
Speaker 1: It was some just crazy fever that I got from. I don't know how I got. Yeah, I got like a really high temperature. Whatever was in that messed me up, but it gave me the immune system of a mule.
Speaker 2: Of a mule. But you were also seeing leper coron, So maybe not the best train off. That's wild.
Speaker 3: Well, is see even more reason why you.
Speaker 2: Would need to go and experience a summer camp like a fun adult real life. You get to play and be a little child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little more chill than what I experienced.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're not like out in survival mode. You're actually getting to enjoy act. But that's something that I want to accomplish. I don't know that it will this year. Is there anything that comes to mind for you?
Speaker 1: Mine is probably one that I couldn't accomplish this year either, But I think it's one of my just like bucket list things like kind of what we're talking about earlier. I want to visit every single MLB park.
Speaker 2: Oh, how many is there here? I can google?
Speaker 1: I have how many?
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know at the top of your head, I do not know how many MLB.
Speaker 1: Probably less than well, I guess some states have two. Some states don't have.
Speaker 2: Any thirty stadiums.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was going to get thirty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirty stadiums, and which all have you been to so far?
Speaker 1: I've been to Chicago it was guaranteed Rate Field, so it wasn't Wrigly because they played the White Sox, but not at Wrigly. I've been to well, the old Rangers Stadium. I still haven't been to the new one because that one open in twenty twenty and I haven't been back since.
Speaker 2: Okay, so are you want like in the both these scenarios. Are you wanting to go back to both places because you didn't get the official experience?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am going to go to the Ranger Stadium coming up when we get back from vacation because we're doing too much access out there. Go to be awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you freaking out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's gonna be cool. And then we've been to the Brave Stadium. We've been to Cincinnati. We saw the Reds. I think that's about it. So we have a long later.
Speaker 2: You got a long ways too, were trying.
Speaker 1: We have another so we're gonna go to Diamondbacks and then we have another trip we're going to do where we go to Cleveland and what's your game out there? So we're working on it.
Speaker 2: You're getting there. It's a slow cross off.
Speaker 1: So we're adding to this year and maybe we'll get a third. Well, I guess I'll go to Global Life in Texas, so that would have Candl is my third, but i'd have to go back with Kelsey. Don't make it officially count.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're wanting to go to all of them with your wife?
Speaker 1: Yeah, got together.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's a specific detail, especially because you guys do do too much access, and you guys could end up seeing a lot of them, but not the same experience.
Speaker 1: I had to go watch a game, experience it the same way every single stadium. I think we could do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could totally do it. I mean it may take you several years, maybe a few decades. We'll get there, yeah, because you know, I mean it costs money to go to all these places, go to all the games, but it's a cool experience. I think having something like that they can constantly have to it makes also vacations more fun because you get to like go and cross off another one on your list. Like that's how the states for me are. I want to go to every US state and I've gotten pretty close. I want to say, I have like twelve or thirteen left. But it's funny because I'll cross off a bunch and I'm like, dang, I still have how many left?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you feel like you crossed off a lot.
Speaker 2: But it makes it just a cool experience. And it also makes you more intentional about going new and trying different things.
Speaker 1: And I think it takes you places that you probably wouldn't go otherwise, because like, we're going to Cleveland, where I don't feel like the typical person just goes to vacation to Cleveland, but you get to go experience a city that you just wouldn't have gone to, and then you get to go see how their stadium is. I just love everything surrounding it.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. Okay, well that's super fun.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, look at us, we got things we want to do in life.
Speaker 2: All Right, we'll be right back. I gonna take a quick break.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: We're talking about all these road trips. So is there something you always have to do when you go on a road trip. Maybe it's get a certain snack, maybe you have something with you, maybe make a specific stop.
Speaker 3: Is there anything that comes.
Speaker 2: To mind when you go on these road trips?
Speaker 1: Mine is BUCkies. I have to go to BUCkies. I know they're not everywhere, but if there is a BUCkies in any route that I'm going, We're stopping at BUCkies. No matter whether we need gas, whether we need snacks, We're just stopping just to use the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you have specific things you want to get from BUCkies every time you go to.
Speaker 1: I love gas station coffee. I don't care where it's from. It could be from a sketchy truck stop, it could be from a brand new gas station. I just love gas station coffee. It isn't great. I just love getting an eighty nine cent cup of coffee. I think it goes back to my dad's a truck driver, so when I was a kid, I would go on trips with him, and he would always stop at the truck stop and he would get like this giant thing full of coffee. And I just associate trips with stopping at truck stops and getting coffee like my dad did. So whenever I'm driving in those same situations, I want to do the same thing. So no matter where we go, even if it's in the afternoon, they always have hot coffee. So I'm getting a coffee no.
Speaker 2: Matter what, even if it's the summer and it's one hundred five degrees a side.
Speaker 1: Even if it's the summer, whether it's ten am or ten pm, I'm getting a coffee.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to know, Mike Deans. Coffee do you have so far in all of your places you visited the best cup of cop like coffee in the entire United States?
Speaker 1: Seven eleven has pretty good coffee.
Speaker 2: That you're gating by that for the entire unit SAT road trip coffee.
Speaker 1: Specifically, if I can find a seven eleven, I'm gonna go and they're gonna have great coffee there.
Speaker 2: But below a BUCkies, yeah, buy.
Speaker 1: Coffee is It's all right, it's more so just getting the coffee there. But if I had to choose between BUCkies coffee and seven eleven coffee, I'm going seven eleven coffee.
Speaker 2: Dang BUCkies, you better step up your game. Okay. So mine is every time? So I often drive home now back to Kansas. And how long is that it's almost a twelve hour drive.
Speaker 1: That's a road trip. What like what time do you consider a road trip? Because I think anything, I think it has to be six hours at least to call it a road trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think like a there's a different like, well, let's go on a long drive, it's like a couple hours. But a road trip, I'm with you, it has to be. I feel like it has to be at least over the four hour threshold because that four hours, when that hits, you're starting to get a little wonky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, yeah, four hours, six hours feels like a real road trip to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and past that then it's definitely around.
Speaker 1: It's you're going it.
Speaker 2: So every time I road trip home to Kansas, I have to stop for Taco Bell Breakfast. It's like on the dot. And the crazy part is I'll always get up so freaking early to leave because it at least puts me there at like four o'clock, so I'm not like totally driving at night or anything. And that means that I'm on the road for about four hours because Taco Bell Breakfast opens in most places at nine am, and so I stop at the same Taco Bell place because it's literally nine am. I am in such a routine on my drive home that I stop at this place. I want to say, it's like Paris, Illinois or Nashville, Illinois, somewhere in that area, and on the dot, I am there getting Taco Bell breakfast every time, and I'm pretty sure the workers know me at this point. And I get the same thing. I get two cheesy roll ups and the breakfast potato burrito griller thing. I'm not sure exactly what's gone. It's got like scrambled eggs and potatoes and tomatoes in it and queso. So it's bomb.
Speaker 1: I remember when they first started started selling breakfast. It was revolutionary, like Taco Bell is going to have breakfast and.
Speaker 2: They have such a like underrated a good breakfast for a fast food joint. Yeah, there's not a lot of like fast food places that serve a good breakfast.
Speaker 1: They got it, yes, yeah, fast foods especially.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Taco Bell Man even coming in clutch and I it's funny too because my parents will call and check on me. They're like, you got to talk about like it's such a known thing now that it's on my thing. But I don't do it. I love their breakfast all the time, but I really don't do it that meticulously. Besides on a road trip. Is it weird how we have different habits on road trips.
Speaker 1: H just different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, current celebrity obsession. Oh, you can't choose post molone because everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's probably Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino.
Speaker 2: Okay, any reason why?
Speaker 1: I think Right now he's teasing the new Lando movie that's coming out, and he just started his TikTok account like a month or so ago, and he's just been posting a lot of funny, random stuff. So I feel like, right now I'm back in my Donald Glover fanboy era?
Speaker 2: Were you? Did you have a fanboy era before this? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, before post Malone, he was like my favorite rapper, favorite artist because he does it all. He does music, stand up, TV shows, movies, so he was like my number one for a long time.
Speaker 2: And then post he came along.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, he's like top three still.
Speaker 2: But yeah, was it Donald Glover at one point too? In Spider Man the uh animated one.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was. He was the He voiced Miles Morales in the cartoon because at one point he was supposed to be the next Spider Man. At least there was like a big campaign online that everybody wanted him to play Spider Man back when it went to Andrew Garfield, and then it kind of came back all around where he got to voice Miles Morales in an animated show, and then you got to be in some of the other Spider Man movies.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought. Okay, so, hey, so he is Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clarda yeah in a way.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good one. Mine is a Sabrina Carpenter. Okay, that is yeah, Yeah, it's the bangs.
Speaker 3: We have the bank connection, and I.
Speaker 2: Just love her vibe and her outfits and stuff. She's like I get. I feel like I am similar to her in a lot of ways. We're like little pocket sunshinees. We're both very little, very short, both have banks blonde hair, and we both have very sassy, very kind of out their personalities, and so.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like I have like a little twin in the famous.
Speaker 2: Song a nicy Sabrina Carpenter, and I love all her songs. Her songs are earworms, the one she's been putting out lately, like Espresso and Please Please Please, I can't stop singing them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're catchy. That's the kind of pop I like, like just like like the music itself is so good, Like, that's the kind of music you put on in the car in the summer turned like, roll the windows down and just jam it. That's the kind of pop I like.
Speaker 3: And it just makes you feel a certain type of way. I don't even know how to explain. It makes me just feel good.
Speaker 2: No. I was also thinking to Donald Glover, how old is he?
Speaker 1: He's probably like a little older than me. He's probably I would say, thirty seven, thirty eight, maybe close to forty.
Speaker 2: I was wondering at forty, he's forty. Dang, I don't know why I feel he looks so young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 2: Also, it's funny too. There was a thing on TikTok there was some guy, I guess in New York that was throwing chairs off a building. Oh yeah, and he like stitched it or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was funny because then I saw the viral video of like this guy throwing this and people were in the comments be like, oh it's Donald Glovery. Yeah project coming out, And I went down a rabbit hole the guys, it's not actually him. He justitched it, but like people legit thought it was total Glover. Yeah, Like I'm pretty sure I he was doing a project, the area below him would have been cleared. It would be good.
Speaker 3: But that's awesome, Okay, our celebrity of sessions.
Speaker 2: I don't actually follow Sabrina Carpenter or anything, though, she just pops up on all my feet a lot.
Speaker 1: I remember following Donald I Do on TikTok Yeah, TikTok Instagram.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you do.
Speaker 2: You're a better celebrity of such a person than me. What were you gonna say?
Speaker 1: Did you ever watch her on Girl Meets World Disney?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that show and it got like didn't get the amount of seasons I was hoping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good. I mean I thought it was a great follow up to Boy Me's for All. That was one of those where but I also liked that I Carly follow up too and I that did well. Can Yeah, so did the How I Met Your Mother?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The Father? Yeah that was good too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've liked all the follow ups, and I just don't know if like people are so obsessed with the originals that they can't get over it. I don't know. But none of them have performed well, I guess, and then.
Speaker 1: They never made the Lizzie McGuire reboot they're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: That was such a bummer, like.
Speaker 1: It was happening and everything, and then like no, not moving forward so good.
Speaker 2: I do think about stuff like that a lot, Like Sabrina Carpenter, that's how she got her first really big kind of start and pivotal moment, and then like Olivia Rodrigo with High School Musical the series on Disney Plus, that was her start. It's wild to look at the Disney stars and how in such a small timeframe they just shot up.
Speaker 1: It's crazy how that formula just continues to work for people, Like you did Disney Channel shows and you have these people form this relationship with you as a young actor, and then you start putting out music and you kind of age with your and base and it just like so successful. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's even crazier now too, because like they're younger than me, but I'm connecting with them and I watched those shows which they probably didn't think I was going to be the demographic some thirty year old girl. That's what's also wild about it, Like why am I part of that demographic? I don't even know. Okay, we got a little bit more to talking about with me be right back, all right, So, just because you told me it's okay to talk about I was never going to bring it up. But what's going on with your teeth? Is there an update?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at getting my braces off. I want to say by the end of the summer, okay, and then I have this whole plan set in motion now that I've met with my worth of honis I'm met with my dentist. And I don't talk about it a whole lot, just because I guess it's the thing I'm the most self conscious about. But I think I'm at a point now where I do see the end. And I think for people who have seen that, you've been that I've been wearing braces for so long, you just keep getting that question like when are you getting them off? And the reason I've had them on so long is because I've had like more issues than probably the average person. And I think the reason I'm comfortable talking about it now is I had a conversation with the person who manages the dentist office that I go to, and she kind of gave me this PEP talks and I wasn't expecting of like like you don't have to explain it to people, like, we have this plan for you, it's going to work for you. And everybody's teeth are different, so some people think, like, oh, I only had my braces on for a year, why do you still have them on. It's different for everybody. I think for me, what people don't realize is I never had any dental work done as a kid in college. It wasn't until I was at this job that I was able to get dental insurance and start working on my teeth. So I've had to make up for so many things that I missed out on because I never went to the dentist, never went to the orthodontist, And I went initially to an entirely different dentist and was on an entirely different planet. They were gonna do. They took them, they took out some teeth that were kind of all jambled together. They were gonna do some other things, and that really wasn't working out. So I switched Dennis, got a new orthodonis and now in the last like two years, I've been on this entirely different plan. So I've gone from one way of approaching it to an entirely different way. That's what stretched it out. I have like completely different braces that I've had on the previous years from that. So now I'm at a point where I'm gonna get these braces off and they're gonna put new teeth in where they took out some other teeth and I have some missing spots on my teeth, which I think other people don't really see because I don't really post pictures of one side of my face because I have these two gaps on my like on my top and my bottom that I'm gonna have implants put in, which is gonna be weird because they literally I was That's what my last appointment was, is them talking about that they're gonna drill an implant in that has to be in there for a few months. So timeline is I get my braces off as soon as there's enough space to put an implant in, hopefully by the end of the summer. A few weeks after that, I go in to put an implant, which is essentially what they're gonna screw a tooth onto. So I have to have that on for three months and then they screw on the tooth. Wow, So that whole process after I get them off is probably another three to four months of just waiting for that part of it.
Speaker 2: So when the screw that, how many places are you going to have to have the implants?
Speaker 1: Two? Okay, so they're going to put two things and then screw two teeth on. So I think that's the part I'm the most nervous about, just because.
Speaker 3: It's a little invasive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mouths and that'll procedures are hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll probably put me out. I don't know. I didn't really ask all that because I didn't want to think about the pain aspect, yeah, or the recovery aspect yet, because I'm like, I'm going to get it done. I'm going to I've had them on for this long now, so I don't care waiting another few months to give them the space they need to be able to put that in a little bit more comfortably. And I just don't want to know how bad it's good to hurt or how much it's gonna mess me up, because I'm gonna do it either way.
Speaker 2: Well, I think a thing that a lot of people don't take into consideration is when it comes to teeth, you're kind of on the the teeth. Timeline, however they move and how they're gonna progress is all based upon how they're doing it. Like you, you can attempt to speed along that process and that there are things in place, but you are still at the mercy of however they're moving, and so that timeline to your dentist lady's point is so different for everyone. And I had, like you, I had a gap, so I was embraces for like seven years. I was dumb, didn't wear my retainer, ended up in invisil line. So I've had like teeth stuff in my in my mouth for gosh, ten years, I think. But I just you know, I was lucky that I got to do it when I was like in high school's up, although I'm not sure if I was lucky because I got made fun of a lot time to have it. But they I did have a tooth kind of on the side where yours was. I had a baby tooth that would.
Speaker 3: Not come out.
Speaker 1: I had the exact same thing and they had to.
Speaker 2: Go and they pulled it, but they waited. They were hoping it would just fall out and fall out for like two years. I waited for the stupid tooth to fall out. And finally they're like, we're gonna go and pull it. So for two years nothing happened, and I had braces on the whole time, just waiting for that tooth.
Speaker 3: So they finally went in and pulled it.
Speaker 2: I got put under for that and they pulled it, and then I had the gap for I want to say, like close to three years, and I never anytime I smiled. You'll see like my Facebook photo albums that I stupidly would put up.
Speaker 3: All the time when I was younger, and i'd have that gap.
Speaker 2: And I hated it. But i'd always use one side and then if you caught me on the other, you'd see the gap. And I hated it, but I used to I like, I got so used to it.
Speaker 3: I'd stick my tongue out because that was when we used to like stick our.
Speaker 2: Tongues out and photos. I'd stick it in that spot so you couldn't tell. But like that whole timeline took so long, and finally, I mean I remember finally seeing the little peak of the I did have a tooth under there that came through and came down and I was like, oh, it's here, it's a right.
Speaker 1: But it took so long, take forever, and.
Speaker 2: So that just shows you there's so many different timelines and it's all based on just different things. So maybe that helps make you feel a little bit better too. Mine was just at a different time period of my life that it happened. And maybe, uh, now that this is moving along, you're at the end of it. Yeah, because there's the implants. I imagine one of the last few things you'll be doing.
Speaker 1: That should be it like after those are in and then I'll have to wear the retainer for a while. But after that, that's like the main thing that I want to just get over with.
Speaker 3: Because they look really great.
Speaker 2: They look straight, they look like comfortable to me. I don't know if you feel that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think like if I took them off now I would have normal straight teeth. But it's just that space that they need a little bit more mm hmm. And yeah, it was, I guess, not frustrating to me, but a little like they look good to me, like, let's get them off. Yeah, but yeah, they know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Now, be prepared. When you do get your basts off, you will cry. Don't talk, don't it doesn't make any sense in the world. But when I thought all my braces for the first time, like my teeth without braces, I cried.
Speaker 3: I was like, they are ugly, They're awful because I was so.
Speaker 2: Used to the braces, like I was used to them being just like how Eddie's like, I can't get used to this head.
Speaker 3: I'm so used to wearing a.
Speaker 2: Hat, and you get so used to what you look like, and especially with braces, you're used to them now that when you take them off, you're like, what the crap. I felt like my teeth were huge. I was like, my teeth were never that big, you know what I mean. I didn't the concept, couldn't. It took me like two weeks to finally adjust. It was like, Okay, I like my teeth, here we are. They're good. But I cried. I cried. I like sobbed in my mom's car when I because I could not wait to go look at myself in the mirror, and I thought, like the Dinnis mirror when they showed me in the.
Speaker 3: Chair, I was like, those look weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll just all look at the car in the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I get in the car and I look and I just sobbed and.
Speaker 2: My Mom's like, what is wrong? This is about to be like the happy day, it's kind of over, and I was like, they're so ugly.
Speaker 1: I did have them moll for like a month in between from my old braces to my new braces, and it did feel it was mainly me getting used to the feeling of not having them there. Like I just kept licking my teeth because I'm like, oh, they're smooth now, there's nothing boking me.
Speaker 3: Did you have that moment where you looked at me You're like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially when you get your implant stuff in there too and you have it's all like come together.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be. Yeah, that's gonna be the point that trips me out, m h.
Speaker 2: Because you get used to it, you get used to what you know your flaws and your imperfections are, and you accept them. You're like, this is who I am, and then somebody fixes them and you're like, so just be a little prepared for that, dude. But I'm excited for you good update.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited because they also like mess with the way that I speak. And that's another hard part too, because being on radio and podcasts. It's like I have all these things like hurting me and like keeping me from doing a good job, and it's like I just need them off.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like they give you like a lisp? Yeah, they do, because I don't hear it. Now.
Speaker 1: I have to like super over enunciate when I'm doing anything, because if not, I have like these other things like underneath my teeth that like gather spit. So if I don't clear my throat or over enunciate, I get like a god and it sucks.
Speaker 2: Well that maybe helps you with your leelu and stitch impression. See hey, silver linings, good things. Okay, I want to end on something we're not going to recommend ooh fun stuff because we always recommend things. Yeah, but you know there's plenty of stuff in the world that's not great and you don't maybe want to spend your money on it.
Speaker 3: So do you a second to thank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me think of something that because I have one.
Speaker 2: I have a not recommending the Apple Home Pod.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I looked into getting that at one point, did you, and you didn't get one? Yeah, because I go way into reviews.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let me tell you this Apple Home so I also have an al e Xa in my house. I've learned not to say that, and I like her. I don't use it all that often, but I will when I need to. She's great for playing some songs and stuff for the pets when I'm gone, and she can't answer random questions. She'd break good at that.
Speaker 3: But this Apple home Pod I have.
Speaker 2: I got it as a gift because somebody else how when they really liked it, I was like, cool, I'll try it.
Speaker 3: I love technology, but this thing is that one.
Speaker 2: I've never even used it because it's so similar to the the Alexa. But even more than that, it's not user friendly. I don't actually know how to use it. I couldn't tell you what button's on there to actually make things work. If you press it, it plays random music and it'll randomly talk to me all the time, like something will happen on the TV, not even in the realm of saying Siri. I. It will go into say like Hi, how are you today? And I'll be like, oh, I'm good. I'm like what the crap for real? And it startles me. It's happened at least five times not okay, So I do not recommend kidding the Apple, and I'm behind because this is not a new release or anything, but I do not recommend if you are thinking of getting any type of smart speaker whatever, the Apple home Pod. That's why I do not recommend.
Speaker 1: It's like with those things, I almost wish that they could do more, Yeah, because you pay so much money for them, and you think, oh, it has to do other things that I'm missing out on, and then you get them and you're like, oh, I just place things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, I'll just buy a regular speaker and use my phone, you know what I mean, because your phone does all of that stuff, you know, apps and whatever for other things. Yeah, So do not recommend. Do not spend the money on it. Again, it's not necessarily new, but I.
Speaker 1: Feel that same way I looked into getting the Apple. I think they're called AirPod max is, like the ones that are actually like headphones that you wear like around your ear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they need to fix the other AirPods first.
Speaker 1: Well those are six hundred dollars, Oh my god. And I'm like, really, like, how much better could they make anything? Sound like? They look cool? And it was like six hundred dollars for headphones. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no way. When I that was like kind of with the Dyson when I the air when I came to the show, I was like, do I buy this because this is really expensive and I don't know that it's actually worth this, And it ended up being worth it. But anytime something costs that much money, I'm like, you're too expensive for what? For what? There's other things like you on the market for Why are you not expensive? So fair? Did you end up buying the Apple? What are they?
Speaker 1: The AirPod? Max is? Now? I got some different headphones and I'm like, I'm better like twenty percent of them.
Speaker 3: Do you and do they sound awesome?
Speaker 1: It's the same, yeah, exact same. It's just like I think a lot of Apple products is how they make you feel because other people see you with them and they know that you spend a lot of money on them, because I think for headphones, for headphones, there reaches a point where nothing is going to really sound any better, and it's just more the brand name you're paying for. I think true, like one hundred and fifty Max is like anything more than that you're paying for the brand or design.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask you this because you're a runner and you listen to music when you run. What do you use for your headphones when you run?
Speaker 1: I use AirPods And you like them the first generation of them? Yeah, I don't like the Maxes or any newer ones. I like the ones that like first came.
Speaker 2: Out, because I have bought two different sets of AirPods now and both of them have crapped out on me. And I don't know if it's because I just sweat so much in my ears or something.
Speaker 1: Well, mine go out. Probably they'll last me like a year and a half to two years, because yeah, you sweat and them see like they deteriorate a bit. But I feel like that's a pretty good threshold for headphones, like to make it two years. And they're like one hundred.
Speaker 2: Bucks, Well, I guess if you're buying that original one, yeah, because the other ones I think they're like two fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get the ones that are like one hundred maybe one twenty, but I always try to find them on sale. Whenever they're on sale, I'll buy it, buy a new pair.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I need I'm I've decided to give up on the AirPods. I am going to find another brand that is good noise canceling like AirPod type situation, because I can't do it anyain. I cannot buy it for a pair. They have crapped out on me and I cannot do it.
Speaker 1: I guess they're probably not the best headphones, but for what I do, they work the best. Yeah, I don't really need noise canceling because I feel like when I run, people even recommend that I don't run with headphones. I'm like, I have my routes down. I've been doing them for a long time, Like I know what to look out for, but I think to having my ears completely sealed off probably a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need to know what's going on around you. That's fair, Okay, Well to something you don't recommend.
Speaker 1: For me, Like I'm so like I was mentioning earlier, I will go in to read every single review about anything. So I feel like when I buy, like I'm also just weird about spending money and purchasing anything for myself, Like I just won't do it. I think that's why with my birthday it was hard for me, Like people are like, hey, what do you want? I'm like, I want nothing, So I go into reviews so hard because like I want to know and make sure what I'm getting is right. So I feel like I haven't been duped a whole lot because if you read reviews and not just like on websites but also like go to TikTok or YouTube to like see people actually using them, I feel like I'm always able to make a good decision whenever I spend a lot of money on something.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me you never been duped by anything you bought.
Speaker 1: The only thing that ever got me once was this thing I got on TikTok, which is why I don't buy anything on TikTok shop.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was this sealer thing that's supposed to reseal bags. Whenever you like a bag of chips, you open it and you don't want to like put a chip clip. It uses like this heat to like reseal it back. And it never worked. It never real it didn't work.
Speaker 2: And that was the one. In the videos.
Speaker 1: It made it look so easy in the video. They would take it and like it'd make a brand new seal look like it just came from the store, And every time I used it, it would not work. It would end up slicing another like tear in the bag and didn't work. After that, I was like, I'm never buying anything from the TikTok shop ever again. And I get all that stuff so much. I'm like, no, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You're like you're you are a steel trap. Yea, nothing's getting through to you.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I am like the worst person to advertise to you because it's not going to work on me. I'm going to go read every review. The only thing that I was forced to pay for that I didn't end up like and never used it and canceled it was Peacock. I would not recommend Peacock, even though it's cheap. It's only like it's of all the streaming services, it is the cheapest. It's like five six dollars, But I feel like you get what you pay for because there's not a whole lot there.
Speaker 2: I was just say, I don't even know that there's anything I've watched that would be on Peacock.
Speaker 1: Because for the most part, when I get a streaming service, I get it for the original content, whether it be movies or if they get like the new movies on Sooner and Peacock by the time they get the movies I've already seen in the theater, so I'm not gonna rewatch it. I don't really have anything original. They only get me when they force you to, like, oh, we're having a live game only on Peacock. I got to pay the five bucks.
Speaker 2: I really hate when they do that. You know what's funny is this came up when I was doing I finished Young Sheldon the full six seasons on Netflix. I think that's where I was watching it, and then I was like, Okay, I'm waiting for season seven. I didn't even know it came out yet because it wasn't on Netflix, and so I was just like, oh, yeah, we'll just wait for it. And then somebody wrote me and was like, hey, it's on It's on Paramount Plus. And I was like, oh, she was already done starting out. So I go and look on Paramount Plus. Not on there, and I was like what now, I'm confused. So I'm good online and I'm like the only place to watch it is Ferbo Furbo Febo.
Speaker 1: You both, I know the one you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I can remember had an r or not because Furbo the little pet cams, but Fewbo TV is the only place I can watch it.
Speaker 3: So I don't is it funny to watch it?
Speaker 2: No? Well, they had a free trial, so I finished my seven in my season seven in the trial about to do because I'm like, for real, this is apparently something that's with Paramount Plus and I was like, I do have Paramount Plus. I like it. I enjoy that one, but I was like, you're gonna make me go get another one and I don't even need it. I just want to watch this one show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have too many streaming services. I did watch the finale, the series finale of Young Sheldon.
Speaker 2: Did you like it?
Speaker 1: I liked it. I had never seen an episode, but I love watching a series finale to anything, and I enjoyed it because it also felt like, even though I didn't know Young Sheldon, I've watched a lot of Big Bang Theory, so I was like, I get it. I feel it.
Speaker 2: It was if you ever need something, which you really don't. You always have things you have to watch, but if you do ever need something just in the background as you're working and you want an easy show to watch, it was a good one. Young Sheldon was really good.
Speaker 1: I feel like I could dive into it and like it. I think I watched it on Hulu though, not to trip you out, but they had the whole season seven on it front real. But I think it's also because I have Hulu and live TV, so anything that comes on ABC I can get the whole current season of Like.
Speaker 2: This confuses me. Why is it here or here?
Speaker 1: I don't want to trip you out, but yeah, oh my god, I do watch a lot of ABC shows on Hulu and I enjoy it. I think of all the services, my go to is kind of Hulu.
Speaker 3: Well, isn't Hulu not combined with Disney though they don't even have their.
Speaker 1: Same Yeah, now it's all just one thing.
Speaker 3: And that really trips me out.
Speaker 2: Also because I'm like, I was watching Marble and now all of a sudden, the bear spopping up and I'm like, wait what.
Speaker 1: I feel like we'll get to a point where we only have like three streaming so it's gonna be like cable again.
Speaker 2: Which is fine, it's just can we just like make up our mind because I can't keep up with it. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 3: This is the craft that confusing me.
Speaker 2: Where they're like it's here, but then you look, it's not there somewhere else, and then you I just want to watch the show. I'll pay for it. I'll watch the show, but like, can we not make it complicated? Okay, well that's all for us. We end on a little rant about streaming services.
Speaker 3: Anything else you want to add today?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's it. And now I'm thinking of which one I would cancel if I had to.
Speaker 2: Which one would you cancel?
Speaker 1: I don't have Paramount Plus, although I do. I did like it when I had it. I just feel like in the grand scheme of all mine, I had to cut one and that was the one I probably went to the least. I would probably cut Apple TV Plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: I do go in and out on that one, Like I only.
Speaker 1: Go when they have a new show. Other than that, I never go to Apple just to see what they have. I am watching that Jake Jillenhall show right now, Presumed Innocent, which is really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They always have really good dramas over there. The occasional good movie, but it's not one that I just open up like I would Netflix or YouTube and you just see, like, oh what do they have. I have to be very intentional when I go over there.
Speaker 2: You know, they have. They have been crushing on original content recently because I watched the Bree Larsen Show and that one was really good.
Speaker 3: I watched The Masters of the.
Speaker 2: Year, which was awesome. There was a there's one that's been going for a while, the one about Mars for All Mankind. So there's been some original ones that I've been watching over there, and I've really enjoyed all of them. Or Morning Show was another one, ted Lasso. They've had quite a few, like original content that I'll go over for, but once I'm done watching it, I'll stop, like I won't pay for anymore, and then I'll just go buy it when the new seasons come out, because I don't to your point, I don't go there to specifically look for other things. I only go if there's a show I've heard of it I want to go watch, Whereas like Netflix'll all crush rolling on Disney, I'll like roll on and be.
Speaker 3: Like, what can I watch in Max? This is kind of my top three.
Speaker 1: Are you watching The Alcolyte right now on Disney?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I am good.
Speaker 2: It is. It's interesting. It's a whole different storyline than a lot of things that we've seen, so it's been interesting to watch, but I thought you weren't watching the shows of the Marvel Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I decided to jump on that one because there was a point where there was nothing new coming out and let me give it a chance. I also like it when I like it when episodes come out once a week, because I feel like it's less daunding for me to jump in. Whenever I see twelve episodes, I'm like, oh, if I don't like it in one or two, I'm not going to continue watching it. Yeah, but when it comes out once a week, it feels like less a commitment to me, and I'm like, I make it a point to watch it every week, and I feel like it's more digestible and I enjoy it more because I'm anticipating the next one. So with that one, I was like, let me give it a shot. I like the first episode, so I kept going.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, so, have you watched are you caught up?
Speaker 1: Now? Except for the one that came out this past week. That's the only one I need to watch.
Speaker 3: Did you watch Mandalorian?
Speaker 2: I think you did.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, I love that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one was really good. But yeah, I started watching that one. I also I've had finished Young Sheldon. I also am currently Sweet Tooth, but that one is moving very slowly thanks to Man in Uniform.
Speaker 3: There was another one that I also.
Speaker 2: I just finished the new season of All American, which I have stayed on. Man, the CW shows get me. I'm a sucker. Like I I know they're cheesy and I know other teen dramas, but I ow them. I am a sucker. And again, I'm a thirty year old. I'm not the demographic and I'm over here like what's on CW. So there's that one too. I think this is the latest.
Speaker 3: Any others on your I'm.
Speaker 1: Watching The Boys. That's probably my favorite show right now on Amazon.
Speaker 2: Everybody raise about that one.
Speaker 1: This season is it's off to the slowest start of all the seasons. But the next season is the final season, so I feel like they're ramping up and this one's gonna end on a really high note and then the next season is just gonna be NonStop the entire time. Is it still pretty vulgar, pretty vulgar, pretty brutally violent, a lot of sexual stuff, so probably not for everybody. Yeah, but it's like the complete opposite of any type of superhero show, even like the R rated Marvel stuff. It makes that stuff look like Barney Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Because I got when I was doing all my superhero stuff, Bobby was like, watch The Boys. I watched the first episode absolutely, not like I could barely. I really like Deadpool because I like Ryan Reynolds, but that was even a little tough for me to get through. Sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like even for me that I'm so just numb to violence, sometimes that stuff gets me. I'm like, oh man, yeah, and like.
Speaker 2: The first I want to say, it's like the first scene of The Boys, I'm like, what the I was like, if this is what this is, I can't do this. So I couldn't ever get into it because of that. I wanted to, though, because everybody loves it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it, but I could see if you like, it's hard for me sometimes to see superheroes get hurt because when I watch Marvel stuff or DC stuff, it's like they're always fine. But in this world, it's like, yeah, nobody's nobody say.
Speaker 2: You know, but that's a cool turn of events for a superhero thing. So that's probably why everybody's loving it. Okay, now I'll actually let you leave. Yeah, we'll be done. Tell people where they can find you. Hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: You can listen to my podcast every single Monday Movie Mike's Movie Podcast. This coming episode, I talked to the director of Twister, which is one of my favorite movies of all time.
Speaker 2: I saw you geeking out? Yeah, are you so excited?
Speaker 1: It was so awesome? And I started it by telling him I've seen this movie over fifty times, and from there we just went on and talked all the things about.
Speaker 2: Twister that probably made him really happy.
Speaker 1: I think I caught him off guard. He's like, what, I don't think I've seen it fifty times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I have a specific favorite movie like that. And then you get to talk to the person who created it. Yeah, So were you geeking out the whole time or did you kind him mellow out towards something.
Speaker 1: I think I mellowed out. It was also one that like, I had all these questions I wanted to ask him, but it got to a point where we were just like enjoying, like talking about the movie that I just didn't even get to him because it was just that good.
Speaker 2: No, that's those are cool interviews there, but it's a true fan of something, so that's awesome. Go check out movie Mike's movie podcast wherever you stream your podcasts.
Speaker 3: And I am at well Girl Morgan on all the Things Mike.
Speaker 2: I hope you have a fabulous time on your little birthday Belaid birthday celebrations.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Be safe, stay hydrated.
Speaker 1: Very hydrated. I hope you enjoy your Taco Bell breakfast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, and lots lots of heat this week. Okay, everyone, we'll see you later.
Speaker 1: Bye later. That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 2: Show and follow ed web Girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.