Speaker 1: What is Up?
Speaker 2: Mets fans, Welcome back to another episode of the Mets Up podcast. Little series win against the Atlanta Braves. I mean, I don't go figure. Twenty twenty six is a year the Mets have the Braves number just absolutely eviscerted them. On Monday night, a little bit of a split double header on Wednesday. Good first game, second game, Chris Sale happens, so the Mets just don't hit, which is understandable. And of course we have some more trade rumors and everything going on with the MLB trade deadline before we get going into it. Make sure you are subscribed over here to Mets Up so you don't miss out on any of the Mets content. If you want to listen to the podcast, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google drops a rating, drops review, download and subscribe, and of course a big shout out to all our members who get access to the episodes early.
Speaker 1: This is probably not one of them.
Speaker 2: This is a late night recording because the Mets still again refuse to end series during the day.
Speaker 1: I mean, at least it was quick game.
Speaker 3: Three post to end this series during the day. The rain just killed us there and then the very cheeky split doubleheaded by the Mets trying to duce every single cent out of us this season. But don't really love that funny comment. I don't remember who made it during the second game, but that last year the Mets needed one win to get into the playoffs and they were well below five hundred against their own division. This year, Mets are seventeen games out the five hundred against the rest in total, and they're like, I think a game under, game over or just five hundred against the NL East, which is the best or second best division in baseball, dude.
Speaker 2: And then also, how about the fact that, like my record and your record this year at Mets games for not unbelievable. I don't think you've seen a loss. I think seen one now, Yeah, I think i've six to one or maybe two. Like I think I'm like ten and two, and I think, like, that's almost unfathomable considering the Mets have won forty six games.
Speaker 3: This was your first game in person a while. What was it like in there?
Speaker 2: This was my first game since Ernie's birthday night after the day after the Knicks won the NBA Finals game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it was an absolute They beat the Braves beat the Braves beat the Braves, got to beat the breaks off of them. It was very, very empty.
Speaker 2: I understand day game during the middle of the week, it's not like the easiest people go out to. I think if there was no camp days might have been five thousand people in the stadium.
Speaker 1: The whole vibe was bizarre. I felt like it was really quiet.
Speaker 2: I felt like there wasn't even a lot to particularly cheer about in this game for the Mets, Like it was just like a pretty straightforward, boring game. I feel like the Queen's Crew was taken down a bit. I feel like the whole vibes of the place was very much like.
Speaker 3: Taken down a bit, like just less fewer of them.
Speaker 2: It just felt like there was less Queen's Crew action going on and a lot less of like the MC guy that's not Mike Janella being like.
Speaker 1: Stand up and cheer for your New York Mets.
Speaker 3: I think that makes sense when you like, of course it should five hundred and I'm sure that you're not going to hit your revenue expectations, so I'm sure you have to cut back on certain things, especially during a double heather. You're not going to make people work two ends of it, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean what was great is that that ten dollars thing on the tickets is awesome today. And they had the five dollars beer hot dog thing going on for the day game today, which I thought was interesting.
Speaker 1: So maybe that's gonna be the rest of the year. I hope it is.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's just because the Tuesday was rained out so they honored the Tuesday promotion.
Speaker 1: Could be.
Speaker 2: But I got a two hot dogs, a corps light, and a bucket of pickles for one seventy seven today.
Speaker 1: That was phenomenal. I was the best part of the game.
Speaker 3: I wonder, who wait those pickles? Yeah, I wonder, But I mean, that's a nice afternoon. Again. That's what this Mets team is, a nice way to spend an afternoon or an evening if you just don't really give a shit about baseball, or or at a spot like most of us. But the baseball can no longer hurt you. But that was a good game. Like this, The Mets played well this whole series, like it was generally clean ball. Every single star they pitched well, the lineup still whatever, something neither here nor there. But there's moments. I mean, Monday was an explosion. Francisco Indoor raises ops sixty points in one game. He's a better than the league average bat now, Like, I can't believe it, right, crazy, I can't believe Francisco Indoor.
Speaker 2: It took him fifty games to get the ops again of ops plus of one hundred.
Speaker 1: Who saw that one coming. I've heard that this guy's watched.
Speaker 2: Surely he'll never play a good game of baseball again in his life.
Speaker 3: It'll be one twenty in like two weeks. But that was just a pure onslaught. Like again, it's a I think I mentioned it two or three podcasts ago, maybe last time he played the Braves. That, like the Martin Perez experience, is incredible. At this point in his career, it's just nothing just seeing what he can do. This feels like those late stage Bartolo Cologne starts, where like you're like, damn, yeah, I'm happy he's still doing it. There's not gonna be many other pictures like Martin Perez, I feel like for a while, but it was cool to see one that Mets hit get tons of hard hit balls against him. And then just when a reliever in Connor Thomas's now the major league regular come in, you can just completely eviscerate the dude. It was crazy that to me, the Braves left him out there for eighty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, poor Connor Thomas.
Speaker 2: Like, as a person, I feel no remorse for the Atlanta Braves or the fact that it happened to him on The Atlanta Braves also wear.
Speaker 3: A ports for him to see. I don't consider him Atlanta Brave. He's just he's never gonna pitch for them again. Probably.
Speaker 2: I mean, with all due respect to Connor Thomas, I've looked at his members, I have seen him pitch one time. I don't think that there's many more opportunities coming. He's pitched eleven and two thirds innings in his career at the major league level. These numbers are staggering, staggering. These have to be some of the worst in the history of the entire game. Eleven and two thirds. He's given up twenty seven hits, twenty seven earned runs. He's giving up seven home runs, He's walked eight guys, struck out nine. Don't know how that happens, But like, I mean, twenty seven earned runs and eleven and two thirds is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Still, it's just the fact that his team let him just flown to for aidy pitches like that. Shit's crazy. Yeah whatever, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and it's still not getting any you know, sorriness for me. Guy gets to be a major leaguer. I think I'll take it.
Speaker 3: That's fair, but I have for a day back down.
Speaker 1: Matt Cielinger got a few grand Yeah that's his name, Matt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a shame too. But again, nice to the offense explode that one. You got Marcus Emion Homer before just oh for jumping Around're gonna ten minutes of games that we're gonna get some rumors for you guys. Marcus Emion took three of the worst at pats I've ever seen in my life against against Chris Sale. Well, I think the last one was finn taste.
Speaker 2: But this version of a sale Marcus Simon makes baseball look so difficult. And I know it is a hard sport, he makes it look really hard.
Speaker 3: I mean, this version of Marcus Smian is probably the version that we should have seen Marcus Simian forever. He's like, I don't he no longer cares about singles, He no longer cares about using the field he's like and again he's always been mostly like this, but I think now he's selling out more so I just have to catch that ball out in front. I'm hoping to hook that thing into left field.
Speaker 1: And it's not working.
Speaker 2: I feel like maybe he should go back to looking for singles. If this is the version that he thinks is optimal right now to six twenty oh ps and it is the worst defense at second base, I don't really see how you could ever convince yourself that that's a good game plan.
Speaker 3: No, I'm at a spot where I'm I'm incredibly tired of watching him play baseball. I have to see him full years. Yeah, we saw from Romison Cano He's not going to be in this roster for two full years. There's just no way that happens. But I'm just hoping we get to a spot where, again, like this, the rest of the season is experimentation and the possibility of soft tankingh So I want to talk about later on. So I would like to see Aju maybe get some reps they see what he has there. I'd like see Brett Baty gets some more reps there and Brett Baby continue. Even though I hate how it looks get reps in the outfield. Maybe when like when I is on the mounds, we don't have to ruin starts from any of the young guys like Leasuit Christian Scott. But it's just get Jered young Moore outfield reps again, like it's everything just for to Squallverers want to play second base if he's not traded, Like I don't really know, like this is the rest of the season. Devers just grabbed the glove.
Speaker 2: You see that he's playing a little second base during warm ups because they had all these injuries.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, why not right now?
Speaker 2: It's a shame for them. Casey Schmid went down, He's having a sick breakout season.
Speaker 3: But this is just that's kind of what this is, like the one saving grace for US Mets fans for the rest of the season. Again, our o rookies, we love our we love our young managing you and Carson Bench. But the pitchers, especially Zach Thorn again having another really nice start on Monday. I won't say that watching this start, I felt like in my heart it was a really nice start. The Braves were small during the ball every single time they put a bat on it, but again, working edges when you could finding cols decently locate sweeper some of the time, makes again more fastballs, trying to elevate them. Like it does, feel like he's just learning as a big leaguer. I don't want this stretch for Zach Thorton to super change the perspective on a guy who we hope develops into a back end starther. I see some people making their twenty twenty seven rosters. I think I said last episode and Zach Dorris slotted into two or three. No, that's not going to be the case. But Clay Holmes is actually back on this team for those two which is always funny to see. But it's nice to see Zach Thorton experiment, move things around and find success at this juncture of his career.
Speaker 2: I love how much he attacks batters. He's also going to have to learn how to throw some more balls, I think, just because the stuff isn't at that level where you can just be in the zone as consistently. I mean, honestly, if you're Jack Thornton, you're looking to cross the way and you're like, I hope i'd become Martin Perez for my career.
Speaker 3: Let's say Zack Thoron and Martin Perez should do a jersey swap after this game.
Speaker 4: They should.
Speaker 3: He needs to do a little bit that Martin Perez edge lord shit where he's like, and Zach Thorton does kind of need to find a sinker and he does kind of need to find the change up. Those are the pitches that need to be added to this repertoire. I think we've commed him to like bad case Dylan Dodd, good case Foster Griffin in the last few weeks. And then again that just comes with developing more pitches in this repertoire. Finding again more edges can keep calling and edge Lord, it's gonna make people cringe went and listen to this, but it's fun. It's just it's fun to watch a young pitcher kind of figure out their way as they get through it.
Speaker 2: And also just for everybody at home again, James myself saying any of this stuff about Zach Thornon, this is not like the defamatory stuff about him, Like this is just like when when we talk about these pitchers and these young players and what they need to do to the next level, it's not that they're not good right now. It's that if you want to continue on the path forward, which if you're not getting better as a major league player, especially from your rookie season, you become Chris Coglin. You're out of the league very very quickly. Like you don't want those kind of players. We want him to have a major league career.
Speaker 3: Chris Coughlin just catches stray.
Speaker 2: Chris Coughlin's like the one that one rookie of the year and then all of a sudden it was like bye bye Sea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Chris Coughlin put up how many career war one career war? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: And how much was it for his rookie year?
Speaker 3: One point one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: There it is stuff. Chriscago played eight hundred games. That's shockingly love fighting Mark Vientos for a war battle right there? Oh my gosh, I don't even watch that guy play baseball anymore. But again, lots more keep going on, a few more minutes. Lots of good things to pull from this series. How about Game two?
Speaker 1: Shaman I is like me, this fucker is gonna make me believe.
Speaker 3: Now I probably believe the Sheomana is a mid rotation guy. Again. I think a been on that train for like a month. I think we said it from that. I think was the Yankee game, one of the first ball appearances when we're like, oh, Shamana is actually throwing ninety one miles an hour. It's got like a three six era like that is.
Speaker 1: I think he got ninety three today again a bunch of times.
Speaker 3: And you saw it last start, you saw at this start again. You were at the game, so you didn't hear the guy's talking about it. But just the way he's so comfortable with his fastball. This is kind of how me and I pitched when he was at his best in twenty twenty four. Not saying we're any we're close to that, or we'll ever get close to that again, but it's this idea. It's old school pitching, where I am throwing you my fastball until you've proved to me you can actually hit my fastball, and then I'll adjust after that off of that. And that's what he did now two straight starts. He was good. He located that pitch really well, like the sweeper was nice, and like she's not scared to work both sides of plate. He's not scared to go high to hither. It's like, this was a good version of Seaan Ma and I and won that for twenty mil as your three four star. The next year for someone else's they want to give us something for him. It's all anything's in play now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now, like that version of seanman Ia. It doesn't bother me, not in the slightest.
Speaker 3: No, nor should it. And justin enough to win offensively. It's you youwing a gorgeous sackfly Carson Bench, beautiful, go ahead, hy the tomahawk chop. It's it's nice.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you something from the stadium. I think Lindor is still playing a little bit hurt actually, because that Carson Bench doubled down the line.
Speaker 1: It was crazy. Lindor didn't score.
Speaker 2: And when I was watching him run, it looked like he wasn't running hard, which obviously we know he's not running.
Speaker 1: He's not not running hard. I think he's.
Speaker 2: Probably as far as he has to, yeah, being instructed on the effort level on the bass paths at certain times, because I just I was surprised they didn't score, and then one I started watching him run, I was like, oh yeah, like he's definitely not one hundred percent. And I think that's another thing that a lot of people need to keep in mind.
Speaker 5: To big second half of the season coming up, there might be a hot ticket, a rivalry series, a sold out experience they need to get your hands on, and sea geek is the spot for that. You can find good, good pricing. They help you with the pricing green dot good, red dot not as good, And they help you with your view of the seat for some big matchups coming up in August, September and eventually leading up to playoffs.
Speaker 6: Why would you not use seakeek if you want a view from your seat, You want to know if it's a good seat, if it's a good deal. It has all of it on the app.
Speaker 3: It's easy to use. It's one click boom.
Speaker 6: You buy the tickets, they send them right to you, get them on the app, and then you can go check out whatever game, whatever you're a fan of, if you can go to, whether it's baseball, whether it's concerts, whatever you're into, you can find a ticket and you can always try to find the green dot on sekk.
Speaker 5: And for MLB tickets you can get ten percent off with that promo Codever, running all season long. Territory one zero. That's territory ten off your next that of MLB tickets at Sea Geek. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 3: There was also that play to his backhand I Fance was one of the early innings where he just didn't get to it. Yes, and part of that's being in his thirties. Part of that is possibly still the calf, and again we don't calf injuries are really weird, which is why it was nice they were comfortable with him and lost season. So same with Wan Sola right now. Weird. Those guys both have fucking calf injuries. It's just saying to think about, but it's awesome. He also has only attempted one stolen base since coming off the edge of list and we're over a month now since that's happened, so that's a pretty clear indication that he definitely has still has something nagging him.
Speaker 2: Other thing in this game to talk about positive wise, again, Carson Bench continues to just look fantastic at the plate. Love watching him hit, and Francisco Alvarez that line drive that he hit the left field, I mean, just absolutely pissed on it. I love when he's when he's hitting ninth I love watching him play.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, And for some reason, that's just it. And again I think by bull take coming out his deadlines that he might be the one that we're shocked is moved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was interesting to see, like, Ohapi moved. Alvarez is way better than him.
Speaker 3: Of course, these are play the same sport.
Speaker 2: They're only comparable by the fact that they're both right handed hitting catchers who are horrendous Defensively. Alvarez better than No Happy well yeah, I mean me or you is better than No Happy right now behind the plate. But like, yeah, I think the I think someone put out an article too today about how the catching market is going to be the most active of all positions. It seems like because every contender needs them and that just never happens either, which is kind of crazy. But again, it's that's why I do. I think that an offer might come to the Mets desk, that it might just be too juicy for Alvas. I don't want to see him trade it unless we get something crazy. But this is again This is a player right now who can fake it at catcher half the time and is pacing for nearly an eight hundred ops. Yeah, and there's still one of the youngest starters at that position in the entire league. He probably has some of the most that bats ever for that age in Major League Baseball history playing that position.
Speaker 3: He does all rea up my stat of account. Try to find that maybe within the next week for you guys. But again, just the only bad to take away from this game specifically. Also, the bullpen look great again. I'm also starting to totally resell myself on Wasascar Brosibon as a trade chip just because he's like thirty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like, I know, he's got options and he's free literally until he stops playing baseball in his forties, but like, yeah, probably if you get anything of value for him, you probably move him.
Speaker 3: Probably, That's the point. And also just the overwhelming sadness of watching Horiy Planco trying to hit.
Speaker 1: Well, That's what I was gonna bring up.
Speaker 2: He plays, Marcus Simian makes baseball look hard, Hori Polanco makes it look like he hasn't played baseball in decades.
Speaker 3: Market uh Hojrae Polonco. Looks like if Jed Lowry was trying to play through all of his injuries instead of getting surgeries for Latino, Jed Lowry kind of but like at least he's him, He's on the field again. We don't know the nature, the really specific nature and the pain level of each of their injuries, but.
Speaker 1: Would be better off without him on the field right now.
Speaker 3: I mean Andy Green talked about after the games, I think pretty interesting comments both of these games. After the game, but he mentioned like like, hey, we know how tough seasons is for Jorge, like really have to get him going. We know he's won swing away and I'm like, dude, I don't think he's one swing away. He also he did have some fantastic foul balls if you have that fouls games, and he also was it just doesn't feel like he's in the with the game speed at all. This kind of feels like sometimes when a young player gets called up before they're ready, where it just feels like he's down in the count before the count's even begun.
Speaker 2: It was the Brett Baty watch last year where it was like, dude, it's oh two again, how is this happening.
Speaker 3: With three ball accounts for Brett Baity. He at least also hit the ball hard in this game.
Speaker 1: You smoked it. That was a that was good to see.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Horry Polanco, thank god that this season doesn't matter, because we would we would have crazy conversations right now about if the Mets were like competing for a playoff spot when like Horiy Polanco and Marcus Simy and combined don't even have like a particularly good ops.
Speaker 3: I was. I was deep in the trade machine today, trying to figure out like some kind of some kind of three team just monster with the Mets the Diamondbacks. I was trying to find a third team when the Mets take Cormyn Burns money, they sent like Sean and I and Horriy Polanco out somehow, Like I was, I was trying to work it as.
Speaker 1: That we're getting the best player in this trade.
Speaker 3: Well I meant the best player just had a what's it called a complication off photomy John surgery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're getting the best player in the street.
Speaker 3: We said we're gonna we're gonna find a way to trade something else to I told you I didn't get to finish this trade, this one. That one did not get complete. I did a lot of other crazy ones in a video on my channel for later. But also like that we kind of leaned on a young pitcher who was making his first start of the season. Yeah, like I felt like besides Harry Polanco, the bats were strong in general. There were long counts, there were multiple walks, like, there's been some.
Speaker 2: Good plays like to get out of jams too. So it was if you know who also drove me insane? Bobache' drive me nuts again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not good.
Speaker 2: He takes Bobachet like has been playing better. We know that he's been hitting better. The extra base hits have completely gone away again, they are non existent. He takes some of the worst quality at bats consistently that I've ever seen from major League baseball player.
Speaker 3: Oh we're the six fifty oh ps over his last thirty games again, Yeah, like he's totally back to being like low teb slappy. He Also there was one of those played appearances, I think it was before Ben got the hit, where Bo came up first, Yes, and he swung at a pitch that was on his hands that was never even close to being a strike, And I was just like, fine, now from my.
Speaker 2: Seats down the third baseline, I would come on, man. I also had him for one plus RBI today, came on with runners in scoring position.
Speaker 1: Every fucking that bad and he couldn't do anything.
Speaker 3: I mean, in terms of expected goals expected RBIs bo might hit the one twenty mark, he.
Speaker 1: Might hit one sixty. And this team is stunk.
Speaker 3: Every single time, but closed it out few more moments out doan some trade talks. I think Chris Sale needs even more respect than here that he gets, Like if Jacob Zarowski didn't exist this season, we talk about Chris Sales one of the most unlikely dominant seasons that a thirty seven year old ever has had. This is like he's doing Randy Johnson late thirties.
Speaker 2: Shooing Randy Johnson, Roger Clemons stuff where it's just like Kershaw didn't I don't even feel like do this stuff because he didn't have the innings. He was getting hurt all the time down the stretch.
Speaker 3: Kershaw's retired. I think he's thirty eight.
Speaker 1: He's only thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Everyone says that Kershaw was not as old as you came up at twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he played against the Mets in that playoffs. But yeah, yeah, no, Chris Sales is unbelievable. I think I said in the Kershaw's thirty eight right now, that's crazy. He was thirty seven when last season ended, so Himsale are only a few months apart. Kershaw's birthday is March nineteenth, eighty eight. Chris Sale was born on Here comes March thirtyeth eighty nine. Wow, what's it about March?
Speaker 3: What's it about Marching?
Speaker 1: Good pictures?
Speaker 2: But like, yeah, Chris Sales unbelievable. He's just fantastic. He's seemingly getting better somehow, which throwing harder. I don't really know if that's possible at his age. I think I said in the updated season predictions over on the Wine where I was like, you got to keep an eye on the Miserowski innings because I think Sale is going to pass them based on how it seems like they want a baby Miz. If Miz gets like a couple runs here and there every time he goes four innings, Sale is gonna win. The cy Young Sales are two point oh er.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like close already.
Speaker 3: So I want to give you Chris Sales fastball velosities going back to twenty sixteen. So since he's been last ten years, twenty seven years old, feels insane ninety three, eight, ninety four, nine, ninety five, four, ninety three, five, ninety three, nine ninety four, nine, ninety four, one, ninety four, nine ninety four nine this year ninety six one steroids. He's throwing harder than he's thrown since his rookie season right now, that's crazy, It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: He's getting better.
Speaker 3: He's just so good Island.
Speaker 1: What do the Braves fucking do?
Speaker 3: It's devil magic Jeremy after credit to Jeremy after you think.
Speaker 1: They took a kuon new his acl put it in his elbow.
Speaker 3: I hope so it's sick, but fuck that. No more Braves, uh Braves credit. Christian Scott Sish innings first time all season. This was similar to Manaya. He was like, do you see my fastball? You can't hit it?
Speaker 1: Hit yeah, try and hit it.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: I love the way Christian Scott pitches. He's so good.
Speaker 2: Talk about you want to talk about next year's rotation. The first two names should always and will be Nolan McLain Christian Scott. That's how it goes in that order.
Speaker 3: Or Nolan McLain free agent acquisition, Christian Scott Terror School. Well it could go Terrork School, Nol McLain, Christian Scott never gonna be take care Todio Schools last start today in Detroit. That made me sad.
Speaker 2: That was like a super super depressing moment, Like to see him might come off the mountain.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, he gone, I tweeted.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm not even a Tiger's fan. I have a pit in my stomach watching this. The Pitching Ninja retweeted me, let's but yeah, pitching is the man. It was just Andthreen talked about after the game too. It's like the Christian Scout knows he belongs on this mound, that he could be one of the best pitchers, like in the show. And when he came out and he was ripping. He threw a fastball almost every single pitch in the first three sick and I was like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, first pitch, like it was it never stopped. Seventy percent strike rate on the game also is obscene against the lionup that had six lefties and only three rithies, and that came with him finding a lot of spots as he got deeper into this game, and really tough fifth and sixth innings to drop necessary curve balls. There was even four splitthers in there for the first time in a while. Like it was like, oh, he even gets swing and missed any of those pitches, but he landed them for strikes. He got some weird swings on them. It was like, this is he's kind of growing a lot right in front of our eyes, and this is one of the best to look for any silver linings this season. This is probably the biggest one besides a j ewing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the.
Speaker 2: Young players, that's really just what it is. Chris Scott technically still a rookie. Big year for Mets rookies.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be all time war for Mets rookies and we might not get a PPI out of any of them.
Speaker 3: Jji weatherholds ops is down in like seven to twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, are we going to give the Rookie of the Year for second base defense?
Speaker 3: If they do?
Speaker 2: If they do, Riot, I'm picking so many fights with the Central Divisions on Twitter over the last few days.
Speaker 3: It was weather Hall, it was weather halt last week. Now, I guess as there was nothing else in this game, right, we transitioned to trade deadline talk. We're gonna talk trade deadline now. Just heaps of heaps of praise on Christian Scott and again have to mention that Louise Robert Junior had a looking strike against position player looking strikeouts and then he hit and he hit there in the second game on Wednesday. But trade deadline stuff. We are on scout watch right now in Mets world time. We had scouts at Clay Holmes Saint Lucy's start. We had Mets scouts at the Cubs double a game. We had a crew of scouts at our game tonight in Queens, Like it's one scouts everywhere.
Speaker 2: No, everyone's watching who these Mets pitchers are, because that's that's truthfully, what's gonna be the most exciting to get moved Like Luis Robert, Tyrone Taylor. They're not gonna be on the team, but what we get back from them is going to be very much like lottery ticket type feel, where it's like hopefully a tool that you like and that you think you can develop into guys. But Fred Peralta, Clay Holmes even in some combination of mintor Raley Brasobon and then of course if Weaver gets moved, that's the big one. That's where we're gonna get some guys back. And there are some fun names that we can throw around. And I think there's been a lot of chat. There's specifically about Peralta's trade value. It's been a very constant topic on this show for yeah, two months now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for a very long time. We've been been really waiting for the set off. But Will sam And put out a piece on the Athletic as we started recording this eleven thirty on Wednesday night, and I'm just gonna read you it's a gift article's phrase. I don't feel bad sorry, Will exchanging on an Athletic article on the show. Once Freday praught to leaves them as via trade at some point before the August they're a deadline, but better results follow, accord to three executive searching for rotation help who are granted anonymity in exchange for their candor yes, for a bunch of teams. He's starting a playoff game, a different one added. Regardless of the results, he's still going to be one of the top three or four stars available. I think that's something that is divisive right now in the Mets world, in the baseball world, because we've seen this guy pitch like other dog shit for every single Star of the month. He's over and over again, non stop in our faces. But I do think that teams are going to value him still pretty highly deadline. I think we're getting a lot of the buzz about Clay Holmes being valued pretty highly deadline. With the Padres winning baseball games, Luke Weaver might be the best reliever at the deadline right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is crazy to think about Padres one and what five straight now, so they're back above five hundred and making everyone think that they're going to be a playoff team.
Speaker 3: Have you seen what the Padres are doing? I have not. They are running like playoff starts. Whoa like if someone gets in trouble in the fourth inning, like Hermat Marquez is now throwing fifty pitches, he's gassing up in ninety six and he's added there. Well, this is not going to last. Well, I mean, if it lasts this week, I do not care. It's totally fine, just as long as they don't sell those relievers. It's perfect. I still think they sell mar home just because it's it's a rental. But I want to say they stretched out Canning today because they played the Rockies, so they could do that. But they're just going, They're just going nonsense. Oh no, this is wise because Kyle Hart got two and two thirds and Cannon got three.
Speaker 1: There we go, so he did even stretch them out.
Speaker 3: They're just putting guys together, piggybacking and then letting the monster bullpen just and they just got jeremiahs Drada back just go ape every single day.
Speaker 2: You love the idea of aj Prelller being like, right now, this is my playoffs. I have to get this team back in a spot so I don't have to trade off my guys.
Speaker 3: And the Tygers did this two years ago and it worked for three straight months, two straight months, Like could get away through the playoffs as long as you have a few horses. And I guess for them, Michael King is just going to be a horse, even though he's not pitching his best. And then Musgrove and Paveda are throwing again, Like it's.
Speaker 1: When Joe Musgrove pitches again, I'll believe it.
Speaker 3: Is trying to throw the needle right now, and like, by god, I think I think he might be able to pull it off.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see how much he's smirking.
Speaker 3: But again, again, the Mets are weirdly and oddly in the Cappard see this deadline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like terror School is definitely getting moved, so he's the clear best player that's gonna be traded the Dine It's not even close. Outside of that, the Mets do kind of have the most interesting pieces to go for out next that I realistically on the move.
Speaker 3: Especially now. The Marlins just swept the Phillies, so I think Sandy's again staying put that team. Talk about fun ball, talk about like the weirdest group of baseball ever.
Speaker 2: Also talk about the Phillies shitting down their leg also shout out Bryce Harper bringing the negative vibes again. Started talking shit on the Mets, which is super funny because he's never beaten the Mets in a playoff series, which I thought was really funny. So also never won anything. He's never won anything, so there's no reason for him to talk. Mookie Bets could talk all the shit he wants. Bryce Harper, that's really funny. You showed up really big in twenty twenty four. But then he talked about it, like called out the front office about like needing players, and then Don Mattingly called him out and said that Bryce like thinks he knows to run a team.
Speaker 3: He's not the GM. Also, dom anicgly Son is the assistant GM.
Speaker 2: No, this is like, if this shit happened and it said the New York Mets, this would be like the biggest news ever. It's such fucking bullshit that these other orgs do all this dumb, dumb, dumb comment and nonsense and it just gets glazed over.
Speaker 1: I hate that shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's kind of nature to be sometimes, it's kind of it's just how it rolls. But with the models not selling, if the padres don't sell.
Speaker 2: Although Atto Lopez has been apparently they're listening to offers on on Auto.
Speaker 3: I mean, this can you can get He's just Lopez, Like, there's nothing, there's no portrayed package like this in the world where you can get out of Lopez. Ronnie Mauricio, Ranie Mauricio, you get RIDI Riso I never happen. Maybe recent ten years can be out of Lopez if it gets DFA two separate times. But it's really kind of just the Blue Jays and the Mets right now, where can like put their feet down and be like, we are sellers and we actually have things to sell.
Speaker 1: Yes, that you would have any sort of interest in.
Speaker 2: And then soft angels if they get rid of their guys with non expiring contracts.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying it's a very different that's a very different type of negotiation to get players on team control on rookie deals versus the Mets are giving rentals.
Speaker 1: No, it's a great point.
Speaker 3: Giants too. Giants are hard sellers, Like they don't have that much shit to sell. Like, I don't think even if logan web becomes available, who someone's forking over fifty mili Robbie Ray is worse than Fredi Pralta. He's worse than Clay Holmes. They don't have any if they had a reliever, they keep him for themselves. Okay, they definitely don't have any reliever sets for sure, Miller. That's what I'm saying again, it's like the Blue Jays have Gosman Yimmi Hoffman Hoffman again expensive even he's probably he's as expensive as Luke Weaver and probably a little bit worse.
Speaker 1: It's a little what's going on with Tyler Rodgers. Wherever he goes, team just goes to shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, but he all he does is pitch great. It's totally not his fault at all.
Speaker 3: So this is going to be the Mets playing chicken with the league for the next seventy two hours, and the League is also going to play chicken with the Mets as much.
Speaker 2: It is going to be get ready for this game. It's gonna be a real thread the needle moment for David Stearns. Listen, let's see what boy genius really can do here.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be funny for us specifically because we're just both making a lot of content lately. As much. It's the end of the month and it's an awkward trade deadline on a Monday, so we're done with a huge rush by Friday. But all these trades are gonna start to happen on Sunday. Oh, it's gonna be infuriating. Yeah, I'm gonna want to be in the sun and enjoy my day and be like, damn it. Now we've gotta react to stuff.
Speaker 1: This weekend. I've like already told my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's gonna be a lot of like recording, Like I'm gonna be pretty locked into this room because there's gonna be a million trades that come in.
Speaker 3: It's it's gonna be funny that the baseball's biggest day of transaction is going to be on a weekend, which feels like terrible planning, but that's just when the deadline happens to fall. Begause, even the Nationals are winning some games, I don't know if they're hard selling anymore.
Speaker 1: Is there a hard rule of how many days into the season the deadline needs to be, because I feel like we didn't have to decide for it to be a Monday.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I mean it might be, honestly, I truthfully, I don't know, but it gets The Reds are another team that they are going to sell, but our pieces are beat than their pieces. So it's just gonna be wind up what this is, and it's gonna it's fascinating to think about what's going to happen. The only firm rumor that we have anything about what the Mets are seeking in return for any of these guys is that they were at the Cubs Double A game earlier this week. That was reported by Pat Ragazzo. Sounds like Jefferson Rojas, then, I mean that's I put that on Twitter in the Cubs. Cubs people were yelling at me, so I bookmarked a lot of tweets to see what if we get Jefferson Rojas next week.
Speaker 1: Feels like it's gonna be Jefferson Rosas.
Speaker 2: He's like, what a top seventy five prospect really at best right now? Just because the power is not really like projectable.
Speaker 3: He's flipped into the top fifty on some list because he actually is having a really good season at the plate and he's still playing short but he's probably not a short stops. That definitely knocks down his value.
Speaker 2: But a twenty one year old who's forty man clock is up at the end of the season, what's up? You see who's playing in Double A for the Cubs right now? Former New York Mets top prospect Alex Ramirez.
Speaker 3: Is that the same guy? That's the same one I clicked on his notes, So that's not Angels, it's the Angels one.
Speaker 1: I've clicked on him. I'm looking at him.
Speaker 3: I'm on him right now. It's the Angels Alex from you're looking at the wrong one. The two? Are they both on this team?
Speaker 1: Is there two? Alex Ramirez is on this team.
Speaker 3: No, I'm going on right now because this was twenty four years old. Our Alex Meraz is not twenty four yet.
Speaker 1: I'm the one that I've clicked on. Yeah, he's twenty three.
Speaker 2: I'm on Baseball Reference looking at this, I'm on fangrass.
Speaker 3: Oh, fangraps is totally wrong. No Baseball Reference is wrong. This fan grafs is totally wrong. Fangraster's Baseball Reference for everyone picked your side Fangrass Baseball Reference, Daughther. It's literally I'm showing on the sidebar it has this guy's team Angels, Angels, Angels, Angels.
Speaker 2: Cubs, Alex Ramirez, Cubs. I'm clicking him right now, dude, this is the Mets guy. You you clicked the wrong You clicked the wrong name.
Speaker 3: I'm on the Cubs double a team on fangrass roster resource, I double clicked Alex Ramirez's name and it's right here. It's Alex. You mre what's the birthday? The birthday? On fangrafs, that tells me January thirteenth, two thousand and three. Mine says, August twenty nine, two thousand and two. Who are you looking at? I wish I could share my screen right now because Chicago Cubs double A Alex Alexander Ramirez.
Speaker 2: This one's out. They have two Alex Ramirez in double A. I can't be that can't be right. This is so not important, but we are going to get to the bottom of this. I will not stop.
Speaker 3: I'm now going to go to seeing Alex madera.
Speaker 2: I'm going to now go to the roster resource Cubs double A, scroll down and find Alexander Ramirez and click his name.
Speaker 3: Free agent LA says it on roster Resource Angels, where is this that scroll?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's triple A double A. Yeah, they put the wrong guy.
Speaker 3: Do you think they have the wrong guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there's also an Alex ramiir when you search Alex Ramrez on the search there's an Alex Ramirez that's the Mets one, and then Baseball Reference has the Mets one and not the Angels guy.
Speaker 3: So for this one, this one, this one's on the padres the live Alexei Meraz flowing around. I can't find the Mets one anywhere.
Speaker 1: I just, e, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: If I search Alexeimiraz and we're getting too many minutes to talk about the last.
Speaker 2: Search Alex Ramirez. And on Minor League's International College. Over to the right, it'll have ALEXIMRASHC one thirteen, two thousand and three.
Speaker 3: Oh yay, that one says Cubs, Yeah, and that one's Mets. That's so funny. Wait, he's actually not playing that bad double getting back bring them back back together, Alex Ramirez, the original comeback tour. But I digress.
Speaker 1: Again, back to guys that they could be looking at.
Speaker 3: In a it's likely Jefferson Rojas as just again, it's a lot of times top hundred of prospects don't get traded at the deadline, and that's I think going to frustrate lots of Met fans that we're gonna do this big sell off and it's not gonna be an obvious top hundred guy that comes back. But at the same time, it's lots of guys who've just played better but haven't gotten famous yet, and they're gonna be top hundred guys next year. And Rojas is kind of the opposite of that, where he's kind of trying to get the rights directions. He feels like a big give. But he's not that different from guys like cal Steven Edward, the tay Makeable last year who went at the trade deadline.
Speaker 1: And I will tell you, guys looking at this Cub's double A roster, they're only looking at Jefferson in rohas.
Speaker 3: There's nobody else that they're looking at it on this roster. I thought brooks Caple had some nice stuff as well, he flashed to me, and I think there was one more that feels like a very like in for play rather than ceiling if you're going for a.
Speaker 2: Brooks Caple, definitely, But I also think Capble for one of the relievers to me makes a lot of sense. Okay, yeah sure, as someone who like profiles as a back end starter with the Cups has developed really well as like a later pick out of a smaller.
Speaker 3: Thing, those would be the two.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, I feel like there's one more up the middle guy. So it wasn't Ed Howard. Ed Howard's that's.
Speaker 3: During it up.
Speaker 2: Sadly, it's like an old double A team, like a lot of twenty seven year olds on it.
Speaker 3: But again it seems like that is a is a relative match for what the Mets are going to give, which is Freddie Perlter, who again we're saying, still has tons of value paired with the reliever that's not Luke Weaver or Clay Holmes, who is a sturdy, stable starting pitcher. Probably doesn't have the same ceiling as Freddie Peralta, which is kind of funny to say, I loud right now. But then with maybe Luke Weaver something, and it's just to get you one guy who think can be starting third base. He's kind of just like another pagro A Mirrors, not that dissimilar.
Speaker 1: Uh, he's a better fielder Jefferson Rojas. Probably he's gonna play shortstop. Pager Mirrors can't play short I think.
Speaker 3: They think that jeff jefferon Rows already doesn't always play shortstop in double as usually that means.
Speaker 2: Like second base is the other option third. Really they've been going third with him. Yeah, I think it was his kind of whole thing was that he's a glob first guy. Because I tend to just go I see that as a prospect to say not interested, that's he's biased he's a bad rist guy for sure.
Speaker 1: He hasn't hit like the last two years. He in the one year when like his.
Speaker 3: First pop off year, I feel like in America this year he's played fifty games at the third in twenty six games is short, okay. And he's also I mean, last year at high A one fifty WRC plus as twenty year old, this year at double A ninety games, one thirteen WRC plus. That's a year younger than the average age at the level. All right, yeah, good back to ball, growing power, can steal a base like he just feels like a very classic back of the top one hundred prospect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not sexy, but sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We also have some advanced data on Jefferson Rowe from down there. It's a twenty four point seven with rate that's better than average. It's a fourteen percent in zone with rate, which is also much better than average. Only a thirty one percent chase rate, again better than average. Fifty percent swing which is someone who likes to swing. Where one hundred and ten mile and now max ex Offlosi will take that from twenty one year old average one hundred four mile an hour ninetieth and I'm just under forty percent heart hit rate. But he's a guy who is eager. He likes to swing, get after the ball, and can identify pitches in the herd the zone. He seems like I was just he's got good contact, good power, neither a grape but neither a bad so it gives you a soft landing spot in the BIGS.
Speaker 2: I do wish that we had more rumors than the ones that we can just connect the dots to.
Speaker 3: We've got tye front office these days, dude, I know it's a sense.
Speaker 1: Well, don't ask Bob Night and Gale.
Speaker 2: Bob Knight and Gale seems to know everything that's going on in the Mets front office, including saying that the Mets can't wait to get off of Francis scool Indoor in the off season.
Speaker 3: I wonder who's talking to.
Speaker 2: Him, Despite nobody who's actually connected to the Mets at all or franciscool Indoor ever having these comments.
Speaker 3: It has to be someone who's been the front office for just so long. It's not super connected with the current regime, but it's just still there as like a favorite to Steve or Christi herself.
Speaker 2: If only we didn't take our Alex Ramirez minutes we could have figured out probably who that guy is.
Speaker 3: I really think that it's going to wind up being Jefferson Rojas and another prospect to the Cubs for the combination of Clay Holmes and Luke Weaver.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 3: I'm going and I still love Freddie Process of the Rays and the rest of the guys. The chips fall where they may.
Speaker 2: Jorge Castello on ESPN wrote about how he feels like the Mets could be trying to be aggressive to and look for a guy who could be a starter for twenty twenty seven and beyond, kind of like the Marcus Stroman trade all those years ago, where you picked him up in a down year, but you had them then under control, linked them to maybe go get Red Depmers. Just because of Searn's comments the other day about how an area we're gonna have to look to supplement as we head into twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be the starting rotation.
Speaker 2: So yeah, also keep an eye out that even though the Mets are sellers, there's an opportunity to maybe be a buyer for future years. Yeah, I think I think that's a great idea. Maybe Mike Corbyn Burn's idea trickles over there as well.
Speaker 3: That's great, it's not gonna go please please, But I loved I would love for the Mets to make a move for Detmers. I'm not sure what that would take, truthfully, I don't know. Yeah, like, where's like the Mets best chip. I think that's tradeable on the roster. It's Alvarez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even know if the angel I think the Angels might want. They probably are just gonna want some pictures children, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean pictures like could you like I would trade hmm?
Speaker 1: Are you would you do tongue?
Speaker 3: I was thinking about Tom. That's not that's not enough. You probably get more at this point. You probably have to tongue.
Speaker 2: And honestly, you probably like throw Clifford in there and they probably like be like, all right, one more guy now.
Speaker 3: I don't think they even want Cliffers. I think they love Shanuel, who is just they shouldn't he's eating on WRC plus Sasons Alive. Yeah whatever. I like Shanuel for that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love a first baseman that can't hit for any power.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like we also have a big week of promotions, which I think is a nice thing for the Mets prospects right now. Mitchvoyd to double A smoked the double in his first Playppeer. I think that's a very big deal. We also had some recent draftees make their debuts for low A. I want to say it was the guy's lostning Robins A Robbins, he hit the doublin his first game with low egxs of losses but hit a double and the Joe DeMeo tweeted about some others. I want to just mention them all right now. Antonio Jimenez, who was the second round pick last year, he got up to hi A Brooklyn Foy. It's the big one though, because Voight has not a great season statistically. We struggled an injury at the beginning of it, and then a lot of his metrics popped in the six weeks since that happened. So and him be getting good short. He's been playing good short. I think the team thinks he's a capable shortstop and it looks like he can't hit. They've made the big swing change with him fucking with his light kick. The Mets have converyed lots of first round picks lately, so I'm gonna believe in Mitch Void till I don't. Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: That's kind of all we got.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, it was, I mean, definitely a bit of a softer episode. I got all the promotions right here, and scrolling from Joe.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think if there's anything that I'm missing in the Mets world.
Speaker 3: It was this soft week. Yeah, it was John Smith to Homers. He was a nineteenth round pick, John.
Speaker 1: Smith, the third yes out of UCF.
Speaker 3: Something like that. Yeah, and then he had one was one o eight, one was one oh nine. More Beatles still playing well in uh triple A. Elli and Pago is hitting. I'm just scrolling Joe Demisweather right now I can narr shout out Shoe great Grays, where is here?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 3: Uh oh, this is good. Randy Guzman, Trace Neither, Antonio Humenez all from Saint Lucy to Brooklyn. He's a bat speed free coop. I'd like to see him against better pitching and Trace Neither a few years ago was our overslought guy. He hasn't been great. This year has been a bit of a breakout for him, So I guess just keep pushing him up and see what happens they're hoping.
Speaker 1: I think like a ju and two point Oh there, yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, your boy Jayalen Palmer got caught sadly, I mean what I.
Speaker 1: Saw that name.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Jalen, I don't think you're listening to this. I couldn't even believe that he was still contracted to play for the team.
Speaker 3: The first player we ever interviewed on the Mets Stuff podcast, Jaylen Palmer, Jayleen Palmer number one.
Speaker 1: All right, b not he's alive, but Met's career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's all we got for you, guys. Send you to send him out. Frankie Pep, I mean serious review. Oh I keep forgetting about series previews. Yeah, we'll do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, might as well, James, let the people know. Who are we seeing that schedule?
Speaker 3: I'll blowing it up right now.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: It's a Minos the Marlins. But we got four games against the Marlins, so we're gonna see almost the whole staff. Thursday. Ooh, Ace offt Thursday. Yeah, who we got Noel McLain versus Uri Perez. Oh, okay, I might pull up, might pull up to that one Thursday. Yeah, Freddy Peralta versus Jansen junk Friday night, if maybe that might not fucking pitching. He might not pitch that game.
Speaker 2: Saturday, Wow, jump if you can't let him on the field holding back get hurt no way. Saturday four o'clock Zach Thornton against Tyler Phillips might pull up to that one too, and a Sunday one for the question mark. Theoretically, Clay Holmes probably not versus Sandy al Contra. There is a zero percent chance you can let Clay Holmes or Freddy Pralta pitch at City Field.
Speaker 3: Again, the only thing about Clay Holmes is that you might just need to let him show it, just just one last time. I could he gave a start, a single A. I'm sure that's enough. You get this. Every team got the stuff reading. They saw him pitch on the mound, they saw the leg. But you it might help. I don't know what I mean. Remember Erlanga did that. That's true. Yeah, again, not saying that's something maybe they should do, but I could see that being possible. I can't, though, sang you off the mountain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to wrap him in bubble wrap.
Speaker 3: So just looking at the miss triple A rotation Joonah Tongue made his last start on the twenty fourth, so.
Speaker 1: That would be a week from Friday.
Speaker 3: He could pitch on Friday. That could be if he doesn't take the mount tomorrow, he's probably gonna come up pitch on Friday.
Speaker 1: It was like a very good chance for a p all just traded in the next forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, be.
Speaker 1: We'll have something for you guys.
Speaker 3: Tobias Meyers the twenty eighth, he threw in two thirds, so he's still not stretched out and he got smoked in Triple A. It's a real shameless kind of out with that guy. Uh Wenninger we got We also mentioned last episodes in Tucci Triple A. Correct, Yes, Wenninger was the twenty first. He has a pitch. It's the twenty first. Well the way for ten days? Jeez, what are we doing down there? His last time before that was the tenth.
Speaker 1: What's going on every ten days?
Speaker 3: Whatever? Not gonna get into it, but h Marles team is hot. Everypern To Hernandez has has been my guy this year. He's a monster.
Speaker 2: I think you had him in your YouTube thumbnail as a superstar. You must add.
Speaker 3: I think it's three home runs since I did that. So shit. He was traded for Nathaniel Low six years ago Rangers to Raise Raised to Rangers. Wow that trade, Oh my god. Yeah, this is third team since then. He's finally breaking out big time. He looks nice six run comeback against Jesu's Lozada when the Phillies bullpen on Thursday on Wednesday to complete the sweep, and it's team that a lot to play for. I mean, I can never say I hate the Marlins. I actually weirdly kind of love the Marlins.
Speaker 1: I hate them.
Speaker 3: I watched them so much, but I would like to spoil their season.
Speaker 1: You know, I hate them.
Speaker 2: I'll never forgive them for what they did to us over again, yeah, over and over again at the end of the late two thousands. But yeah, let's play spoiler kind of. I mean, we gave the Phillies a chance to do something. They just shipped down their legs. So now let's beat up on the team that beat up on them.
Speaker 3: Let's just try to beat every NL's team. I don't care who wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, just I don't care who wins the division. Just make it hard for them.
Speaker 3: I might get talk him in back soon. Save the season baby.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's just made my night.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. I'd so much rather see like wag him and can get PA's over talking, And honestly.
Speaker 2: I'd rather see Alex Ramirez get pas over. Where's what's last Thing's millage doing? He can still play?
Speaker 3: How old do you think last Thing's millage is? Before we get out of here? Forty two? I think that might be low. You think that's low? Last Thing's millage two thousand and six, he was eighteen, he's forty one. Wow, that's an unbelievable call. Yeah, it's pretty good, But all right, we're sending him out with Frankie Peppers, ranky peppers?
Speaker 1: So low?
Speaker 3: Why's he so low?
Speaker 2: You gotta put on a speaker or something? Damn really yeah, shockingly quiet. I'm just here, gentlemen's very faintly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is something wrong with me. I don't know why he's not a speaker. That's tough.
Speaker 1: Did you turn off the silent on your phone?
Speaker 3: I'm max volume. I'm playing the old ones and they're playing quiet too, So something I something is wrong with your phone.
Speaker 1: Poor Frankie.
Speaker 3: I'll give this one moment, but.
Speaker 2: I I'll try to fill some space here. Some other guys I'd rather see play the outfield than Mike Talkman for this.
Speaker 3: Andy A. Banya is back in Triple A with this team. That's interesting.
Speaker 2: You know who would rather played the outfield even though we know he can't do it. Let me get some Christopher morel a B's let me see him play?
Speaker 3: Did contact with barstool? Why is that popping up on.
Speaker 1: My Feet's do Christian Pache?
Speaker 3: I'll see what christ We got him at the close Instagram open it back up? What ever fails? Frankie say the one.
Speaker 7: I hope you're doing okay with all this rain we've been having. And James, I hope your camera still on? If we're so boys, I think I've made it officially. I showed the YouTube comments for the last video I had. I have my first hata. I don't remember that name because it's not important, but I have my first hated gentleman, and I say that you like me wait too much? And then I'm overrated, and I think that now somebody's calling me overrated, that means that means I made it, gentleman. I think I did it, and this whole thanks to you.
Speaker 3: So I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: My heart take is that I should have more haters. And my question of the week is, a gentleman, who's your favorite hater? Okay, the answer can't be, can't be the Lion, has to be somebody else. Sorry, gentlemen, right, take care, we beat the braves. Great, let's go Mets. Take care boys.
Speaker 2: Frankie Pepper's getting the hater is like, that's this just tells you there's a lot of evil in this world.
Speaker 3: That's just that tells you the extent, the extension, the reach of the mess up universe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone hates the guy who comes down for fifteen seconds forty eight minutes in.
Speaker 3: I think I think Frankie. I think Frankie's reading those comments more than we are. He might be I didn't even know that happened either. I didn't see that one at all. But who's your favorite hater? My favorite hater of mine?
Speaker 2: Man, that's a I feel like I've kind of like separated myself from even knowing who my haters are.
Speaker 1: Do you have one off the top of your head? The Lion was kind of the most recent.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: I have this weird Phillies fan that like lives in my DMS and just sends me mean shit. But it's like it's it's like it's just mean, regular means. It's not like, oh I'm so scared that everyone's just regular mean to me. I start a lot of shit, so like I deserve it. Yeah, I love I like interacting with Harris. I probably reply to people too much on Twitter, but it's just kind of fun and I love to procrastinate of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good way to waste time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've had I've I've become friends friendly with one of my haters. I don't think he was ever hater. I think he was just like wanted some better takes. Guy's name Howard old school dude. Why is the Tigers fan lives in Michigan but still loves the Mets. He's told me, and Twitter applies so much recently, But I know who the biggest aitter is now, Oh the dude, who's your biggest hit?
Speaker 2: There's a guy that comments on all of our videos on the wind Up and also watches Mets up and also comments on my videos about like how incredibly biased we are towards the Mets and on the wind Up specifically, it's like this isn't the Mets channel talk about all baseball?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we do do.
Speaker 3: But I don't think. I don't even. I think some of the Mets fans say we talk about too much other stuff on this besides the Mets. He's gonna comment on this video and he's gonna say that's me. He knows it's him.
Speaker 2: It's a shout the cap to you, shout out that guy, shout out that guy, and that's it. They got nothing else to talk about. Subscribe to Mets Stuff podcast over on YouTube, listening to US Apple podcasts, Spotify, Google drops a ring, drops a review, download and subscribe.
Speaker 3: Can follow James on social media at James Chiano.
Speaker 2: I'm drafting Mark. Shout out Daniel Duarte, We'll see you guys next time.
Speaker 4: Mets by and then a love and then Loveness and then and then Los