Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We did it together. We did it. We made it to a Friday. It's a meat Friday. At that morale, is hi. The back row smiles on their faces, Fritzie and Dylan upfront, Marvin and PAULI businesslike professional, and of course the backroom guys as well. I can't be in the home man cave. I've been up in Maine this week. So my wife at six forty five this morning goes, I'm gonna make you a double cheeseburger, and I go, I love you, so she I don't know the last time I had a hamburger at seven in the morning, but I was like, this looks great. Double cheeseburger, a tomato on there. Who has it better than I? Do you? Let's run down the menu there, Dylan, since you're part of the festivities here, not only back rowing, contributing, but also helping with the cooking.
Speaker 3: All right, Dan, Well, for starters, your wife clearly knows that you're new, a stranger to a breakfast hot dog here and there, So the burger, that's a natural, you know transition. Today, Dan, We've got a little Cajun flavor. So we've got blackened chicken and Cajun shrimp, Cajun cream pasta, jembalaya, everyone's favorite, and cheddar biscuits.
Speaker 2: Oh, who is it better than we do? Nobody. Rich Eisen will be hosting the Hall of Fame festivities for the Mothership. He'll join us coming up next hour. We got some more drama with Kawhi Leonard when I had somebody from the NBA Home office say to me, Hey, the reason why the investigation is going on a little bit longer is there may be another side track story here and I go, well, can you elaborate? And they didn't want to say too much other than maybe there was another advertiser who was giving money to Kawhi Leonard. So we'll follow up with Pablo Torre as he's got another bombshell expose with this. It keeps going on. We're coming up on a year with this. Rick Neuheisel, our good buddy, former college coach, and spent some time with Brendan Soresby. I don't know if he worked him out. Soresby, of course, the Texas Tech quarterback who got suspended for gambling, and Rick I think reached out to him, so we'll talk to Rick Neuheisel about that coming up. Eight seven seven three DP Show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. Good morning if you're watching on Peacock, our streaming partner, download the app if you haven't done so, and thank you for all the bad yearbook photos you've been sending in. You'll be part of the DP show calendar. Your high school yearbook photo hopefully awkward that would fit in with ours. DP Calendar twenty twenty seven at gmail dot com. Stat of the Day always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program, and First Hour brought to you by chat GPT. As a new agent for larger projects, Chat gpt work give it a goal. Help turn scattered materials into finished work. Get started at chatgpt dot com by selecting work mode available on Plus and pro plans. When your expectations are very low, you can't be too disappointed. And last night I didn't have high expectations and I wasn't disappointed at all because that was fun. You got some points being scored. Carson Beck and Haines King played well last night as rookies, but keep in mind, these guys had played six years in college football for multiple schools, so maturity goes a long way. We saw this with Bo Nix and Jaden Daniels their rookie years. These are guys who had over fifty wins in their college career. You're playing for two different program, big time programs, and it showed that rookie year. Beck played games at Georgia and then the college football playoff games for Miami. King started at A and M He didn't play that much. Then he became the ACC Player of the Year at Georgia Tech last year. And this is how the game ended on NBC Game.
Speaker 4: On the line, carry he's gonna step up, pops.
Speaker 5: The wine.
Speaker 2: I got to give Mike Tariko credit because if I would have said, hey, that's a Super Bowl Sunday call, or that's the first preseason game, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. But Mike got excited there at the end. And Haines King had about almost a thousand yards at Georgia Tech but he had been around for a little while and having that experience being in two very competitive leagues. And we saw that with Carson Beck as well, played really well, and you know, maybe you got somebody who can give you a different look making the roster here, maybe the second or third quarterback on the team. But Haines King and Carson Beck. I thought Carson Beck would get some starts this year. And I think everybody was looking at this saying Jacoby Brissett is watching him lose his job right in front of him. With Carson Beck, I would just say, easy, easy, it's okay. You can get excited. I think Carson Beck will start NFL games this year. But if I'm Jacoby Brissett, you got paid, You're used to this. You're usually not the best quarterback in the room, and maybe that happened last night as well. Yes, Marvin, I'm here to overreact. Carson Beck starter week one. He's gonna be.
Speaker 6: He's gonna be like Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, guys that came third, fourth round picks, Rock Purdy, mister irrelevant, who's irrelevant? Now I'm here, come on, August sixth preseason game, I'm here to overreact.
Speaker 4: It's NFL time.
Speaker 2: I did not expect that today from you. You came in kind of low key.
Speaker 6: Come on, played a two big time programs, played at Georgia and played at Miami, got into a national championship game.
Speaker 4: I'm here over.
Speaker 2: Yet, Come on, all right? The Lions paigemer Gibbs. As we thought, soon as Jon Robinson got signed, he got signed. They gave him a little bit of a pay bump. I think he makes five hundred thousand dollars more than Jon Robinson. Uh So I mentioned the guest list here. Poll questions, what are we gonna have Dylan at least first hour?
Speaker 3: Give me something whose performance surprised you the most last night, Haines King, Carson Beck. We could throw ket and Slovas in there too. He actually had a nice little, nice little showing in there as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nine for ten, okay, Um, I expect Carson Beck to be good? I do. I don't. I haven't been in his corner and a big supporter, and but look he's he's been in big games, he's won some big games, he paid, played for two big programs. I expected him to be okay, Haines King, I didn't expect anything out of him, but he was a whole lot of fun. So I would certainly say he stood out last night more than anybody else. What else do you have doing well?
Speaker 3: I would also ask you too. It was Kenny Pickett's performance surprising at all? It was nondescript.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean eight of eleven it's okay. But I don't think anybody's looking at him. We're looking at Carson Beck as potentially a starter. Yeah, we're not looking at Kenny Pickett as a starter probably any time in his career from now on. Haines King is not going to be a starter, but he could be a change up in there for that offense. But no, Kenny Pickett was Kenny Pickett last night?
Speaker 7: Yes, Hun, you want to be supportive of the rest of the quarterback room and be a team player. But is there a part of Jacobe Brissett there would be a little nervous or it's just a preseason game.
Speaker 4: Who cares. I'm fine, He's not taking my job anytime.
Speaker 2: Scaron, Well, he knows he's temporary. Carson Beck may be temporary. I think you just kind of and Jacoby Brissett's been around this his entire career, but he got paid, so he's going to be there for one year. They're either drafting a quarterback or maybe Carson Beck will seceed him and be the starting quarterback there all right, eight seven to seven three DP show operator Tyler sitting by to take your phone calls on this meet Friday. A couple other things Alabama football. Nick Saban was talking about this and this first time in a long time that Alabama wasn't ranked in the preseason top ten. This is coaches poll, though, and I don't buy into the coach's poll because the coaches aren't watching football. They'll watch football that's pertinent to their team. They're not watching other games around the country. They're not staying up late at night to watch a game that doesn't impact their schedule. But much was made of Alabama football recruiting, which happened the first couple of years. Kaylin de Bor's been there. And of course if you're talking Alabama football, then Nick Saban has something to say.
Speaker 8: You know, I always hated it when we got picked high, and I think sometimes when we didn't, there was a motivating factor for the player. Hopefully we can sneak up on some people this year and fly under the radar a little bit and surprise some people and not be the target for everyone like we have been in the past. And that might be beneficial to the team having more success. I'm certainly hopeful that that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, there was some wheeze in there, a couple of wheeze in there. Old habits dying hard for a guy who's now in the media. We yes, Paul.
Speaker 9: Obama had a good but weird season last year. They beat Georgia, they beat Tennessee the you know, they beat Auburn. Of course, they win a playoff game against Oklahoma, so it felt like a good season of up season. But then they got waxed by Indiana. I mean absolutely waxed in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: But you're coming off consecutive for loss seasons. The thing that surprises me is what Alabama used to be. They'd run the football. They ranked one hundred and twenty fourth nationally in rushing yards last year, and the recruiting class for twenty twenty seven ranks thirty second. The schools in front of Alabama for recruits for next year include Minnesota, Vandy, Kentucky, cal and Georgia Tech, and early mock drafts have maybe two Alabama players in the first round. This is not a seismic shift, but you could see where man you need a good season, and I think Alabama could start out the season maybe eight to o if I'm looking at the schedule correctly. But for Kaitlin de Boor, now, this is what happens. You'll get the well, what's his buyout? You'll probably hear that if they slip up early in the season, he is owed sixty seven million dollars if fired without cause if he leaves Alabama for another job, which I don't think you leave Alabama for another job. You're asked to leave Alabama for another job. So I would say that Alabama football this was a seven year contract extension and they would owe him ninety percent of his remaining contract. Not to jump out and speculate on what this could be. While I jumped out and speculated, it feels tenuous. I remember when he took the job and I asked him did he know what he was getting into? And you could tell the look on his faces probably saying I don't know. I think I do. But then you have to exude confidence. This is a job that he couldn't pass up. But you have to be the right person in that area. You got to know it, you got to bleed it, you know, a lot of guys played, so understanding what this means with the SEC and maybe he is successful this year. But if I'm looking at recruiting, are we talking about star players? What the old Alabama philosophy is one twenty fourth in rushing yards. This is a school that always had a running back always, and then a running back behind the running back behind the running back. But something to keep an eye on with the upcoming season, So we'll talk some college football. Rick Neuheisel Rich Eisen will join his Pablo Torre on. I don't know what's gonna happen with the Clippers. I'm trying to get some kind of head start with a source of mind. And I go, can you give me a like how much can you punish a multi, multi, multi billionaire? And I told, well, draft picks will get their attention. And I said, because if you find the Clippers, how much can you find them for? What's going on? Like a billion? And he's got it too, You go only one billion? Alrighty, I'll give that to you. But this is something that is really dangerous for the NBA. Now do I think this happens? Do I think that there have been sweetheart deals with owners players, star players when they get into retirement. Yes, I do. But he got caught. So you can sit there and go everybody does this. He got caught. Now the question is, is the NBA going to come down really hard on the Clippers. I don't know what happens with Kawhi because let's say you void the contract, then the Clippers don't get anything from Toronto. If Kawhi goes to Toronto. I'm not sure. If Kawhi gets caught up in any of this entanglement, he might, you know, he might say, look, I don't know anything about this. These paychecks just kept coming in and I had, you know, I wasn't gonna ask any questions. Yeah, Pauline, I love that.
Speaker 9: Historically, Kawhi is the face of load management. Now he's got seven jobs.
Speaker 2: And he's loaded too, so it's load management and he's loaded. He got paid.
Speaker 3: Yes, Dylan, it's sort of like a reverse Otani where he's like, money's just flooding into my account and I have no idea why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no need to ask that question. You're like, a, yes, Toms, is there enough hours.
Speaker 4: In the day to work all these no show jobs? I don't know where you fitted.
Speaker 2: Into your schedule. Usually you would get those jobs in college. Hey, we want you to go out and uh water the football field. Wait a minute, it's AstroTurf. Yes, we know. Just go sit all right, We'll take a break, settle on our poll question. Meet Friday. Your involvement always eight seven to seven three DP show. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 7: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 5: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 6: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR.
Speaker 4: Check us out on YouTube and.
Speaker 2: Subscribe social media. Interested in my take on Mike Tomlin last night making his debut on NBC Football Night in America. I thought he did a good job. Look comfortable. Here's the thing, though, a lot of times when you see somebody and hear somebody that you don't normally see and hear, you're like, oh, okay, so that's what he really sounds like. Normally it's Tomlin in front of the microphone and very task master like. But you know, they touched on a variety of topics. He talked about Mike McCarthy. Of course he's going to say nice things about Mike and the transition there. They addressed the Diana Russini Mike Vrabel's story. That one surprised me because they were looking at the patriots and what kind of impact is this going to have on the patriots if maybe you don't respect your leader. If they don't win, then this becomes more of an issue if you win, and Tomlin said this, if you win, then it goes away. But if you don't, then maybe we start to look at that story differently and add a little more emphasis to kind of the fallout there. It's very rare when I go huh, but I did that. Yesterday Purdue introduced its new athletic director, and this is one of those moments where I went huh. Because Purdue is not known as a powerhouse. They are great in basketball. But the ad is Tommy McClellan. He just got there. He came over from Rice. He's been doing this for a long time, over twenty years. This is the introduction, introductory press conference for him. And what's he going to do. He's going to call out Indiana.
Speaker 10: Every recruit, every current student athlete will hear this message repeatedly. We are here to win championships. If you don't want to win championships, go to Indiana.
Speaker 2: Okay. There was some laughter there and he was going through his entire plan. This was scripted. This wasn't off the cove. This was something that he wanted out there, and I thought, hmm, what sport could he be talking about. Perdue hasn't exactly been cashing in national championships. Indiana has twenty five national championships. Now I'm including other sports as well. Swimming, Purdue has three national titles. Indiana beat Purdue fifty six to three last year in football. I don't know why you single out Indiana. Now, I know. When Kurt Signetti was introduced as the new head coach at Indiana, he said Produce sucks. But then he also called out other schools in the Big Ten and he's the coach, so he has more of a direct impact on winning and losing than the athletic director does. But Kurt Signetti was saying, hey, Purduce sucks and ran down the list of other schools and then backed it up. Now you're asking Purdue football, which you know you get eight or nine wins at Purdue built a statue there. But Indiana hosting Purdue. I believe that's in late November. That'll be interesting.
Speaker 9: Yeah, PAULI, I have spent the past day chopping this up in my head. Why would he plan to say this? Like you said, he was reading it off. He he has to know he's going to get just crushed because Indiana is the defending national champs, not four years ago champs, where maybe there's an opening or Purdue had a surge last year of football. There as down as they've been in thirty years, indians is up as they've been.
Speaker 2: What is it possible?
Speaker 9: He was thinking, like, well, we're really good in basketball and it's still a basketball state. I'm trying to find something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but fresh off Indiana pulling off the most amazing college football surprise in the history of college football. The school that has the most losses in college football history, wins the title and goes undefeated, and then you have the audacity to say, hey, we're winning championships. If you don't, you go to Indiana. He could have picked a lot of different schools, but he stayed in Indiana.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Dylan, unless he was specifying the women's golf team, because Purdue on the twenty ten women's golf title. As far as I know, Indiana has zero of those. It's possible, but not likely.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you?
Speaker 4: Okay, here comes that?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: And why reference any team could have stopped just right there. I'm here to win national titles. And why even mention any specific school, certainly not the Hoosiers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that your basketball team has been good, they've been ranked number one, they've been a number one seed. I haven't won a national titles since John Wooden was there. Is that back in the back in the thirties when they won a national change. I don't even think that they recognize them as national champs back then. But uh, I think that's the last time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Paul, It's like being a third string astronaut at NASA and going that Neil Armstrong, what's he done lately right after he comes back from the moon.
Speaker 2: What uh, yes, Dylan, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, even if you want to talk about the basketball portion, it's like they've actually quite underperformed I would say, big picture wise of the last decade or so, given how good they're supposed to have been, like they expected a title.
Speaker 2: I think from some of those things. Yes, yes, Purdue's been pretty good or really good, but you know, this is a basketball state. And I go back to Purdue with Rick Mount, I go back to Purdue football with Leroy Keys, Like they've had pockets of success in football, Drew Brees was there under Joe Tiller, But this isn't this isn't the time to be calling out Indiana just after they won the national championship. I can't wait for Kurt Signetti, the Indiana coach, to respond to this, because I'd be asking him, a coach, what did you think of the athletic director of Purdue winning championships? Stay there at Perdue. I don't know what his snarky comment would be, but feels like he'd have a nice retort.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Poe, He's got to plan this in his head, like what's the line?
Speaker 2: Like they still have a football team.
Speaker 9: That's a nice line.
Speaker 2: M Okay, Todd wants me to know that Zach Edy played at Purdue. Thank you, Tom.
Speaker 4: You can't win with Zach Edy. Back it up. You gotta win it at least one title with Zach Edy.
Speaker 2: But he was the two time player of the Year, Zach Edy. But thank you. Todd sent me a note reminding me of keeping in mind Jack Edie played it Perdue. I go he didn't win its title.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm saying with Zach Edie. A lot of people thought that could be the guy. If Purdue' is good, win, you got to do it with Zach Edy. But I wasn't putting anything on Zach Edy. He was a great player. So how come I couldn't get over the top and win one? All right?
Speaker 2: All right now we're calling out Perdue basketball? Uh Brady and Reno leads us off. Hi, Brady, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 12: First time, long time six' two saw two sixty five.
Speaker 13: SOFT i would.
Speaker 12: First like to say a happy birthday to my Day. Jason he turned fifty two today and he's been listening to you guys.
Speaker 14: Forever so.
Speaker 12: On my, question you're one of the best interviewers in the, game from Asking Melvin gordon to Name philip rivers kids' names to honoring and Supporting qualcolm To Kyler. Murray my question is what interview have you done that has stuck with? You and who was it that interviewed?
Speaker 13: You?
Speaker 2: Thanks, Den oh that interviewed?
Speaker 11: Me?
Speaker 2: YEAH i don't. KNOW i hate being interviewed BECAUSE i always judge the question and THEN i want to interview the person interviewing. ME i did. THAT i once went to, therapy and this a long time, ago AND i REMEMBER i couldn't stop asking the therapist. Questions and then he, said, no this isn't how this. Works AND i, said why CAN'T i ask you questions about you since you're going to be asking me questions about me to better understand. You and he, goes this isn't going to. WORK i only had one session with. Him he, Said i'm going to try to find you somebody. Else he needed therapy after. Therapy, Yes, tom.
Speaker 7: Did you ever tell an interviewer you know maybe you should ask me it this? Way you want to start? Again why would?
Speaker 15: You?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no BUT i will if somebody you know ask, afterwards And i'll tell them certain, things and once, AGAIN i micro manage every INTERVIEW i. Do there'll be things that will stay with me for days BECAUSE i didn't ask this. Question AND i talked To Andrea kramer, yesterday great reporter worked AT Nfl network AND, espn and she was bringing up the bookmaker for Show Hey tani's, interpreter and she, said you know WHAT i wish you would have. Asked, NOW i hate this BECAUSE i can't ask. This SO i, Said, okay she, Goes i'm curious what the bookmaker would have said About Brendan soresby and what the bookmaker would tell AN nfl team if, they you, know sign him. Up so that stayed with me the entire. Day Then i'm, THINKING i don't know IF i would have gotten a great answer out of the, bookie But Brendan soresby compulsive. Gambler this guy deals with these kind of people or did all the, time and SO i was, Like so in my, Mind i'm, Like, OKAY i wish you wouldn't have told me, that because Now i'll obsess over. It, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 9: There's been a handful of times in the history of the show where you call me at like two forty five in the, afternoon AND i pick up the. Phone you're, like you, KNOW i forgot to ask. Blank and Then i'm, like it's, okay you missed that.
Speaker 2: ONE i, KNEW i. Knew, yeah it. Happens and then it just it does not leave.
Speaker 13: Me.
Speaker 2: Uh eric In. Florida Hi, eric what do you have for me? Today?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 17: DAN i got a trigger question around your Early Sports Center dames when you started WITH. Espn, Okay so there was a tod might know this question because it's the, EIGHTIES a one hit wonder And paulie continuously Watching Sports center twenty.
Speaker 4: Four hours a, day as he stated.
Speaker 17: Before so there was a one hit wonder from nineteen eighty five and they would play it when they had the football and basketball scores from like.
Speaker 15: Lower.
Speaker 17: Schools they would run at like a constant vertical.
Speaker 14: Or up and.
Speaker 17: Down, yeah they would play the instrumental portion of this. SONG i was wondering if you or any of the day nets could name the.
Speaker 2: Song, okay and it was On Sports, Center, yes. OKAY i didn't get there till nineteen eighty, nine and a one hit wonder in the mid. Eighties, god anything coming to, mind that's Your.
Speaker 7: Wheelhouse, YEAH i would need like a name that, too and if there are a few bars of it and say or who sang it to come up with the.
Speaker 4: Title just a lot of songs in.
Speaker 2: Uh, eric why don't, You, Oh marvin might have Something.
Speaker 6: Wang chung everybody have fun.
Speaker 4: Tonight no that's not.
Speaker 2: It, well don't say it that.
Speaker 9: Way, Yes i'm gonna, Go come, On Eileen Dexy's Midnight. Runners just have an.
Speaker 17: Answer the only THING i can really. Give IF i give the name of the, group you guys.
Speaker 12: Will definitely get.
Speaker 17: It i'll give you it's two, words And i'll say the first letters of each of the, words S, p.
Speaker 2: S, p, yes, YES p. Crickets, well give. IT i hope this is a good. Payoff Eric screaty polity perfect. Way, uh thank, You, eric, good thank, you thank. You it was called a buzz, Killed, Yes.
Speaker 9: Paul that is a deep cut from the nineties. Eighties, yeah but like a sports center using background music of Scritty. POLITI i did not have that in the.
Speaker 2: RUNDOWN i don't even know who they, Are, Yes, TOM.
Speaker 7: I even tried to cheat and looked up nineteen eighty five one Hit wonder THAT i did not see that at all on that.
Speaker 2: First buddha In San. Francisco Hi, buddha what do you have for me? Today oh?
Speaker 5: Buddy happy Meet Friday, boys and thank You Todd dan after making his debut last night On Thursday Night, football looks LIKE nbc is stoked After.
Speaker 13: Mike tomlin came.
Speaker 5: In you, know he's looking like he was in midseason form.
Speaker 13: AND i mean he's he's not shy of, opinion so that's.
Speaker 5: Great and, YEAH i wanted to call in listening to the whole horse naming and thank You. Todd name for your potential horse was exactly why this show is the. Best and you guys were talking about How todd would be great at making the signs for, Bed bath And beyond And paulie please check.
Speaker 13: Me but.
Speaker 5: Didn't Didn't todd at one point write and Sell hallmark style cards for like the show like, Live Laughing love for THE i mean at some POINT i think he. Did and AS i, remember they were.
Speaker 13: Like.
Speaker 2: What's up with? Body Yeah todd did have didn't didn't we Have hallmark kind of greeting? Cards and you came up with SAYING.
Speaker 7: I think we did as a long time. Ago i'm trying to remember what a few of those. One BUT i think we did have some fun with.
Speaker 2: THAT i Think. CHRISTMAS i Think christmas was spreading cheers only you can.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: Oh by the, WAY i did talk to my wife last night about perhaps recording my. SPEECH i just have to run it by my. Daughter but my wife's, like are you sure you want to do? That AND i go, No BUT i just wanted to KNOW i can at least address this on the show that people have asked if they'll be able to see my wedding. Speech So i'm going to talk to my daughter this weekend and Then i'll report back to you On. Monday, Yes, TOT.
Speaker 7: I thought you meant just now you're gonna record it instead of doing it live because you're worried about crying and you're just gonna tape it and they're gonna hit a button and play your, speech which have been so.
Speaker 2: WEAK i. DID i did consider. THAT i not do. THAT i did consider taping this. Speech mark In, Maine, Hi, mark what do you have for me? Today good morning.
Speaker 16: Everybody thanks for taking my call six to a swelt two. Seventy, Well, DAN i want to thank you every time you come To. Maine we all get manly or first of, all and to help with that speech tomorrow at.
Speaker 2: The, wedding.
Speaker 16: Just As todd said. Yesterday just we're a. Helmet that way nobody can see you. Blubbering and if you trip on your way up, there well you'll be protected if you.
Speaker 2: Fall thank, You mark horrible idea good thank, you AND i appreciate the manly mainly comment compliment There dale In Orange, County High.
Speaker 13: Dale what do you, Have, Hey, dan thanks for taking my. Call just wanted to talk to you a couple of, things one on your upcoming wedding speech and then the mainly man. Topic i've had two daughters that have been, married did both of their, speeches. Obviously my most recent was In june And tamas And lucas from my. Daughter on both of, THOSE i wrote out my, speech practice it time and time and time and get to the point WHERE i memorized, it and on the day of the, SPEECH i actually didn't use look at the paper at. All and the one topic that was constant after my speech during the wedding with the COMPLIMENTS i received by NOT i just basically grabbed the microphone and acted LIKE i was a speaker and still kept it under the five and a half minute, mark and everybody said that was the most personal speech of the whole wedding because everybody else was looking at the. Paper AND i totally, understand especially when you get to emotional portions of that of glancing down at the paper maybe just to kind of gather. Yourself BUT i think if you could make that at a minimum using your written out, SPEECH i think there'll be more of a connection not just to your, daughter but to the crowd as.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 2: Well thank You, dale taking all of the advice under consideration. Here But i'm going to write it down BECAUSE i think IF i don't make eye, CONTACT i got a. Chance but IF i, do you start looking around the room and then all of a, sudden it'll be time to melt. Down, okay let me take a. Break play of The day.
Speaker 1: Next Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows at Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio app SEARCH fsr to listen. Live oh My, god the place of.
Speaker 2: The days Play this is the play of the. Day check this out one and One the pitches for on line to the.
Speaker 5: Setup Film pasehead so Guard. Roadstone this team is. Unstoppable durban the hero twelve, alone Bread.
Speaker 13: Socks women in thirteen.
Speaker 1: Stay one a straight they sleep.
Speaker 5: Another first place team logic Continues.
Speaker 2: Caleb durban with the walkoff single as The Red songs win. Again that's eight in a. Row that's twenty six and four Since july, first also, scoring there are opponents one nineteen to sixty nine since The All star. Break that's courtesy of W. Eei our play of the day brought to you by CHAT, gpt a new agent for larger, projects chat gpt. Work you give it a. Goal you help turn scattered materials into finished. Work get started at chatgpt dot com by selecting work mode available On plus and pro. Plans ross In, Indiana good, Morning, Ross what do you have for me? Today? Hey?
Speaker 5: DAN h five?
Speaker 11: Nine just a couple of comments about The purdue. Ad i'm A purdue. One WHEN i first heard he said, THAT i was, like oh, my but if you're the football, program it can't get any.
Speaker 2: Worse and then The Dan.
Speaker 11: Patrick show is the biggest sports radio program in the.
Speaker 2: World and in.
Speaker 11: The first week Of august you're talking about produced.
Speaker 2: Sports so did it.
Speaker 1: Work.
Speaker 2: So you're okay with.
Speaker 11: It not, Really i'm just trying to convince myself.
Speaker 2: That it was. Okay you know who got good publicity this? Week. Akron akron football did because they came up with the contest and thank you Ross at you can help script the first drive of the season opener Against Robert. Morris they did. Well they got. PUBLICITY i don't subscribe to any publicity as good publicity unless you've gotten national negative. Publicity you don't know that feeling when you, say, hey you know at least they're acknowledging, us they're laughing at. You, now if you want to, say, hey that's, PUBLICITY i wouldn't want to take my. Job first day on the, job get, introduced and all of a, Sudden i'm, saying if you want to win, championships stay, here not go To. Indiana that's just not, good just not. Good jake And, Colorado, Hi, Jake, hey good MORNING.
Speaker 15: Dp i'm right there with this glass. CALLER i heard his comments yesterday immediately sent it to a few of my. Friends we went To purdue during The Drew brees era and just, went, man this is not going to.
Speaker 16: Age.
Speaker 2: Well, YEAH i, mean if you want to win in, basketball you're not winning in. Football Kurt signetti, was he's The indiana football. Coach he's he's taking on everybody in The Big ten and back those words. Up he called out the other. Schools, now did he need to say produce? Sock, no everybody knows That andy And. Iowa, Hi, andy what do you have for?
Speaker 13: Me?
Speaker 14: Hi dan six three and a hard two? Twenty SO i would disagree with the other. Callers purdue alum from class in nineteen ninety and loved every word that the ady. SAID i look at it as. Foreshadowing you've got to look also at the dynamics of the State indiana And purdue in. General we're not the best athletic. Programs we're always kind of going back and, forth. Spantering love the, banter, love just the, confidence and that's what it's. About. Fun And i've got those other two callers probably cheered FOR iu during their national title, run but not.
Speaker 2: Me thank.
Speaker 17: You.
Speaker 2: Andy. Yeah, look if you went To purdue and you're fine with, it, like, hey nobody cares about our football, program but you're calling Out indiana the. School you're not calling Out indiana just. Football you're just talking About. Indiana if you want to win, championships you stay here for a school that has three national championships instead of going To. Indiana And indiana's got what twenty five national championships in all different. Sports it's just awkward that that's Probably i'm trying to be kind to this because it's your first day on the, job and a lot of times you speak to the people in the, room you forget that people outside of the room are going to hear this as, well because in the context of, hey this is us, Man i'm gonna get out of. Here if you you know you want to win, championships you'll win him. Here, okay it's when everybody else hears that and they, go what are you? Doing, Yeah, tod.
Speaker 7: There's so many ways to be confident and enthusiastic and raw.
Speaker 4: Ron we're all for, that but just, again why are you picking of all the?
Speaker 7: Schools AND i KNOW i understand you're in the same, state but why do you have to mention a name like that it's?
Speaker 4: Good how could that not come back to haunt?
Speaker 7: You what is there anyone's crystal ball that would suggest that produce winning anything close to a football title anytime?
Speaker 4: Soon In indiana is all of a sudden gonna.
Speaker 3: Collapse thank, you ton so early poll, Results Dylan Well dan whose performance surprised you the most last? Night Haines, King Carson beck Or Keeten. Slovis Carson beck edging Out Haines king with fifty percent of that.
Speaker 2: Vote, okay, Okay i'm not surprised To Carson beck doing. Well Haines, King, yeah, yeah a little. Bit, uh he was really good At Georgia. Tech but you, Know becka's played at a lot of Games, Georgia miami and plus what is he twenty? Four he might be twenty? Five like that maturity, level that's a big. Boost you saw that with Bo nix And jayde And. Daniels, now any other pole questions that we have. Percolating we just.
Speaker 3: Have that one up right, now but we could throw in another, One dan late first hour. Poll who wins the title in any?
Speaker 2: Sport? Next Purduer? Indiana oh, Man i'd have to run down the a depth chart of produced sports athletics just to see Is indiana basketball where are they going to be ranked this upcoming season compared To. Purdue purdue has been really, good But indiana still dominates the state when it comes to, basketball or at least. Coverage, Yes, marvin.
Speaker 6: If you're An indiana a Lumber indiana fan, overall are you still thinking to, yourself all, Right indiana. Basketball if the football team can win a national, title this is a basketball.
Speaker 4: State we gotta get.
Speaker 2: On there's a lot of pressure on the basketball, team you'd, think because everything is geared For indiana, Basketball like that's what you're rooting For indiana. Football you'd be, like, WELL i don't, know maybe we should, watch maybe go to a game and watch the. Opposition, Yes, marvin.
Speaker 6: That's like winning a football national championship At duke Or North. Carolina like, great all, right basketball team is sure turning because this is all the care.
Speaker 2: About all. Right One hour in The, Books Rich eisen will join. Us next, Hour dylan will go into the. Confessional Rick NEUHEISEL Cbs. SPORTS a little later, On Pablo torre got more information On kawhi and The. Clippers One hour in The. Books on A Meat, friday two more, Ago Dan Patrick show