Speaker 1: What's that at the spooky Hey, Judy, I'm really sure, said he's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait, said.
Speaker 1: Nandayses, Hey boo, it's me Roz And welcome to Ghosted by ros Hernanzas, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal. Ah love this guest we have today. She is back again, Arden Marine. Love her so much. The funny, hilarious actor, comedian mat TV Chelsea Lately. I mean, the credits are so long, and she continues to constantly be working and cracking me up. So lovable, and we'll get to that conversation in a moment before we do. It's September, Honey. I don't know if you've noticed at your local arts and craft store, but there are pumpkins, there are ghosts, there are ghoulies, there are candies. It's Halloween season. And like I say every year, please help me to spread the word about this beautiful podcast. You know, all of you that are with me all year long, we understand each other, we're a certain we're a certain type of person. But this is the time of year where we get all these new people coming at Oh, I want something spooky. What are the podcasts to listen to what's the movies to watch? Well, I'd love it if you could help me tell people this is the podcast to listen to, and you can listen all year round. If you want to come on in, we welcome you to get into the spooky spirit with Ghosted. Speaking of, I'm also going to be doing some Ghosteds live on stage, which I love so much. I mean, you've heard the live shows. We had one not that long ago with guests Karen Kilgariff and Chris Fleming. It is so funny and fun and I love doing them on stage and getting to meet everyone that listens to the show every week afterwards. And so I am working hard with my team to try to figure out some dates to do these before twenty twenty four is over. Currently, I have a date in San Francisco. The tickets are selling like hot cakes. I'm going back to the Eclectic Box Theater, which is rumored to be Haunted, and I'll be there October twenty seventh. The tickets are in my link tree in my bio on Instagram. And I'm also going to be back at Largo in Los Angeles on the thirtieth of October, and I'm going to go to Seattle and Portland in December. So all those tickets you can find at my Instagram at Roz Hernandez. And I'm adding more. I'm doing my best. We're looking at a couple of other cities, so hopefully, you know, just pay a deadge you'll see. Okay, here's the story. This one comes from a listener named Eve who rides hi Roz. I'm Eve. I'm from North Wales in the UK. I've been meaning to write for a while, so here's my spooky housekeeping story. A few years ago I worked in a small, family owned hotel as a housekeeper. Part of the building was from the seventeenth century. Oh my god, that's the UK for you. Plus it was pretty close to a large cemetery, so naturally it was creepy. Aside from feeling like I was being watched, I never experienced anything in the hotel itself. However, the hotel also owned a small house which would get booked like any other room. I've always been a skeptic, but the first time I went in, I was immediately terrified by it. The energy was horrible. Something just felt wrong. When I had to clean it, weird things would happen all the time, lights turning on and off, the toilets, flushing footsteps, voices, the TV turning on. One morning, we walked in to find two foot shaped burn marks in the carpet. They definitely weren't from an iron, and we had no idea how or why a guest would have done it. When we asked some of the other staff about it, they told us that creepy things like that had happened and had been happening for years. Apparently a few years prior, a family who was staying there had left in the middle of the night and slept in their car. They refused to explain what was wrong and were adamant that a priest needed to cleanse the house. The staff had one come over the next day. I didn't end up working there much longer after that. Work at minimum wage to clean a haunted house wasn't fun for me. As an aside, the whole town is pretty haunted. I highly recommend looking into the Ladies of Lengolin. I think we did talk about this one a couple of years ago when we had the Queer Hauntings author Ken on the show. But okay, they were a lesbian couple in the seventeen hundreds that lived in a gorgeous gothic house which they still haunt. It's open to the public now. I loved visiting when I was little. It always felt safe and peaceful to me. They must have known I was a baby lesbian. Oh love that Eve, Thanks for sending that to me. And those ghosts at that hotel, Oh they got some hot feet, honey. Okay, let's talk to you. My dear friend Arden Marine on with the show. I am joined today by a very special repeat guest. She is a stand up comedian, podcaster, a never not working actorists yes, booked, busy. Yes, I'm going to say writer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh you've written a book.
Speaker 3: I've written a book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Arden Marine.
Speaker 3: Hi, I have like no game.
Speaker 4: And I just want you to know that my entire inner monologue as you were talking was I like you.
Speaker 3: I like you. I like you, I like you. I like you.
Speaker 1: And I've seen you outside of talking about ghosts, yeah a few times. Yeah, and I wish I saw you more.
Speaker 3: I know. I like that.
Speaker 1: We have a good time.
Speaker 4: We have a really good time. You look beautiful, beautiful. Ses have really been on point.
Speaker 3: Later, The little the Little.
Speaker 4: Like sixties, like the late sixties, early seventies, a little like swing dressy e one like, yeah, here for a very bond girl.
Speaker 1: I'm very into that.
Speaker 4: Look you look so you should be killing it. Sex kitten like a sex kitten.
Speaker 1: And you got nail.
Speaker 3: I've got nails. I have a bow. This is for a fun job.
Speaker 4: I can't say yet, but it's so fun and I feel like this is who I am now.
Speaker 1: I heard what it was. It's secretly it's so good. It's it's major, it's major. Congratulations, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, you know, I'm such a fan of the thing that I'm doing, Like I have to sort of stop myself, like when we're filming from being like i feel like I've moved into my television.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh my god, look at you. Because I didn't know anybody before, so it's like, well I can look at them doing their job, so well. I like it.
Speaker 4: I like it when I watched it in my living room, and it's even more fun off clothed, totally.
Speaker 3: Really fun and everyone's very nice. Oh good, yes, good, yes.
Speaker 1: Have you seen any ghosts since the last time?
Speaker 3: Thank you for asking. I have two things to say.
Speaker 4: Okay, so my mom died five years ago, and she died in our house, like making breakfast. So and they built our house, so this is not this is not a house that pre existed my family. I should also say that I was on laughing gas two hours ago.
Speaker 3: I was at the doctor.
Speaker 4: I also, I'm not good at drugs, and so I'm like coming off of laughing gas.
Speaker 3: That's a fun Just so you know.
Speaker 1: That's fine, dizzy. Okay, people come off drugs on podcasts all the time.
Speaker 3: I just want to tell you.
Speaker 4: I'm just being up front of an open book. Okay, So my mom died in our house.
Speaker 3: They built the house, so it's not like these are pre existing ghosts.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So I went with Jessica Kelly, who runs the Allegiant theat Yeah, we went with Brian's staffie. Jessica and I went to Rhode Island. I stayed in my mom's bedroom, Brian stayed in my brother's bedroom, Jessica stayed in my bed, and my mom, I would imagine, died in a nightgown because she was making breakfast.
Speaker 3: Jessica, who's not like you and I. She's not a believer. She told me as she was falling asleep.
Speaker 4: The first night there was a woman in a nightgown in my doorway of my bedroom, like I think coming to find like like I first of all, my mom was so fun, so I think she was like sight.
Speaker 3: Like I think she was like coming to the party, but.
Speaker 4: She saw a woman in a nightgown, and like the house was new to my family, so it's not like there was a woman before my mom in a nightgown on this Like, my mom came to my room and Jessica saw her, isn't that kind of fun?
Speaker 3: I didn't tell my sister. She was psyched we were there.
Speaker 1: I think what did Jessica say? Did she describe what the woman looked like other than the nightgown.
Speaker 4: I think it was very clear, Like I think it was like a person in a nightgown hanging out. She said it felt like good vibes. She was sort of like just checking in in the doorway. My sister was quite frightened of things. So I told my brother.
Speaker 3: I was like, we can't tell Christine. She can't. She's never going to go back to that house again, you know what I mean. So I didn't know if that would sort of make me feel worse or feel better or freak me out. But I liked it. I think it like she was like psyched and coming to the party.
Speaker 1: That's the best case scenario for a ghost.
Speaker 3: Isn't it?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 3: Yes, I thought so Okay. I was filming in Charleston and I didn't know anyone. I got in.
Speaker 4: I was jet lagged and I only had one day off and it was super hot, and so I landed that night. I got to my hotel at like eight fifteen. I was like, well, I'm gonna be wide awake forever. I want to see the city and I need to get some steps. And I was like, oh, I be They have a ghost tour.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 3: So this was last week. I went alone. I signed up. There was one leaving in like twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: It was like incredible because it was also like groups of people and me.
Speaker 3: I was the only solo travel.
Speaker 1: I've done this. I've been in this exact scenario before.
Speaker 4: So the best one. The best part was the other people in the ghost tour. So there was a ghost they were talking about that was like a pirate ghost. He was like a nepple baby pirate that all the other he like haunted and like all of his crew thought he sucked because he was like a rich kid. So he was he was like a rich kid that wanted to be a pirate. But like the whole thing about being pirates, the only thing want being a pirate is like you're a bad You are a bad boy. Like you go, you take the boat, you know you he seize the crew. He like hired a crew, styled himself. He like hired a designer to make him like look like Jack Sparrow.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you how many people I know like this in Silver Lake, the.
Speaker 4: One where one hundred percent come from money, but bottom Butler. That's like, I now I'm Southern, even though I'm from like Ervine, you know, like I can't let it go so exactly come from money.
Speaker 3: I'm a bad boy. I'm like okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: So this girl on the Ghost Tour, this is just a side note. This is my favorite person Charleston. She's with her parents, she was like twenty six. They were talking about how this like pirate ghost was like doing cocaine and stuff like that. She was like in front of her parents and the whole Ghost tour, She's like, I tried cocaine at the University of Miami off of a woman at a bar. We were all like, what, oh my god, Cadible. I highly recommend anybody traveling for business alone to go if you're deal like, there's nothing more fun than a ghost tour. I had never been on a tour alone. I will do it every time I travel. Now, how do you feel when you're solo on a ghost tour?
Speaker 1: Like? Ghost tours? For me, I think it's fun, but it's a taste when I want a full swallow.
Speaker 3: I want to see the ghost yeah.
Speaker 1: And so it's like, here's where the ghosts are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to see it.
Speaker 1: And I'm all about like, yeah, I want to like support this. Now, here's the thing. I used to be a tour.
Speaker 3: Guide, a ghost tour guide.
Speaker 1: No, I used to be a tour guide at Universal Studio.
Speaker 3: That's hard to get. My Kitchcock was that too? Did you like it?
Speaker 1: Wait? Michael Hitchcock did that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was like his first job.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I love him too, he's a star.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, it's a hard job to get and it's a lot of training.
Speaker 3: It's hard. Yeah, that's a fun job. I love that.
Speaker 1: Tour so I'm like a tour guide snob and then I'm a ghost snob. So it's a little like I'm I feel like I'm not the best audience. I can disconnect it all and just enjoyed the experience, but I'm also like, I get me in there. I want to get in that building. Yes, yeah, okay, but you know it's the one thing I strongly encouraged for anyone that's taking a tour, tip the tour guide.
Speaker 3: I did. I did, of course I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't know.
Speaker 3: That I tipped the tour guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think because it is it is a lot of work, and they're also like kind of like babysitting people.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I did one with our friend Sam Pancake one time that was so fun where San Francisco, And that was a guy that had like a like a little candle and he was like dressed.
Speaker 4: In selling he was selling it. Yes, is that your favorite when you've been on.
Speaker 1: I've been on so many of them.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think was the one that was actually scary?
Speaker 1: No, I've never Well, I did one in San Diego that was great where we went into a haunted house. I want they had access.
Speaker 3: That's what I want. I thought that was I want to be freaked out because I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't just want to look at things from the outside. I want to get in.
Speaker 3: I want to get in there. I want to get in there too. Have you been to Charleston. No, I'm going to tell you. I thought i'd like it because I like to travel whatever. I thought I would feel a little bit.
Speaker 4: Like taffee shops and like girls in prairie dresses and don't kid yourself, that's there as well.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 1: Really, and I'm going to Raleigh soon, which I've also never but I don't know that side of the world. I don't either.
Speaker 3: I did not either.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you, I feel like there's some real like there's some weird shit that's gone.
Speaker 3: I feel like you could roll.
Speaker 4: Up your sleeves and get in at Charleston, the architecture, the houses, the history, like I feel like there was like a ghost network of people that could really get you, like because I didn't. This was just like what's available now that I can go on in ten minutes, Like if you did your I bet there could be like a ghost concierge service like I think Charleston would be a really good city to go to.
Speaker 1: I think so too. I want to go to like Savannah, Georgia. I want to go to so many of these old southerns. Yeah, that's where I.
Speaker 3: Need to get rise. You want some like fucking flowers in the attic?
Speaker 1: Weird? Yes, me and my little camera, I'm going to go down there ghost hunt.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you? And then I don't mean to derail And I'm sure your listeners are like, bitch, she said this eighty eight times.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 3: What was the most vivid ghost experience that you've seen? Like where were you hold.
Speaker 1: When I did the TV show Living for the Dead on Hulu. I had many during that, but I think.
Speaker 3: Probably where were you filming all over?
Speaker 1: But we didn't go to the okay.
Speaker 3: But you had many. You sought it out and it worked.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's exciting because when they would say cut, we'd still be there. And so it's one thing to say, oh the machine lit up when we asked it to. Okay, great, that's great, wonderful, But like seeing like shadows of a of a person and then you look and there's no one there, like that kind of thing that you can't really get on camera. Is so scary. The thing that I keep thinking about is that when I've done this stuff before, I've always had cruise of people behind the camera.
Speaker 3: You were not alone.
Speaker 1: This time it's me and the cameras. Okay, and that's it.
Speaker 3: You are the camera. I'm so scared. How are you getting into the houses I'm going to?
Speaker 1: Hotel rooms are known for being haunted.
Speaker 3: Do you get scared?
Speaker 1: Yes? So terrified. I I'm terrified, but I'm a big believer in just going for it.
Speaker 4: Even too, come on, okay, but the world's on fire, who cares?
Speaker 1: That's what I always think about is what's gonna happen? Gat's gonna kill me? Now? This is a morbid thing, and I probably have brought it up before in the show, but I thinking about it a lot lately where sometimes there's these unsolved deaths where they're like, there's no fingerprints. This doesn't seem like this person would have taken their own life.
Speaker 3: Did we just do it?
Speaker 1: I think it's possible. I think it could be like final destination.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, okay, this is exciting. I'm all in.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm saying right now, believer. If I die in a haunted hotel room with cameras around me. It was it goes.
Speaker 4: What is the allegedly the number one most haunted room in America?
Speaker 1: Hmmm, you know, I don't know. I always love the ranking systems of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think I know that specifically. The most haunted room, the one that I'm going to at the hotel Montevista and flag Staff, Okay, has a rocking chair that rocks on its own, and a family was doing a Ouiji board in there and they told the chair to rock for them and it started coming at them. I believe that, and it's on video, and I believe the family.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I told you this before.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to reiterate in college when I did Wigi and I realized I was the gateway to the portal Hill. Yes, I believe Luigi is the final piecet to really harness will. I do not fuck with Oigi anymore because that thing as a lifelong pusher of Luigi when it was actually going bat shit, because I used to push it so like, so I can say as a person who was a faker when it was going crazy, not because of me, and it was like bad shit.
Speaker 3: I will never I was wrong. I respect Uigi.
Speaker 4: I respect that there are certain spirits that I don't want to mess with that believe our dark forces. And I think to me, when you add the addition of the ouiji you're playing on fire, you ask it for that chair to come like a stampede at cha, a hotel room and flagstaff that you ask for it.
Speaker 1: I just always compare ouigi boards to the Internet, where it's like you post something you don't know who these people are that are commenting and liking and whatever. You just don't know when you open that door what's going to come through. It could be someone great, could be the worst person in the world, or not person demon, I don't know. But I also at the same time am kind of pro ogee. I mean, I think has had a bad reputation.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I'm pro oige for other people doing its. Believe there's something in me that is a.
Speaker 1: Portal, okay, and we got to keep it calm.
Speaker 4: I think that I believe that there is a channel that I cannot fuck with because it'll like come through roommate, okay. And I believe that, and I am like, I respect it, and I believe I got out.
Speaker 3: I tried to put my hand on the stove. You don't have to tell me twice.
Speaker 4: I got it, duly noted. I respect Luigi live and let live. But if other people that are brave enough, that might not be the portal, so be it.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm a portal.
Speaker 3: I'm a portal. I'm a channel.
Speaker 1: Well that's great, that's that's but I don't think.
Speaker 3: It's for good.
Speaker 4: I think it's like a I think like about like I think there's like a I think like a bad It's almost like when you did a bad guy.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. They see your purity, your.
Speaker 4: Niceness, you know what I mean. It's like I think the portal. I think that the spirit is like.
Speaker 3: She's naive, you know what I mean, Like we can just kind of take over.
Speaker 1: Like also because you're fun at you, Like, who wouldn't want to have my portal? I was gonna say, wh wouldn't want to go inside you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would want to possess you?
Speaker 3: Think you really it is really nice? Thank you? That's nice.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Okay, I did some preparation.
Speaker 3: Please, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: And this is I that's a laughing cast.
Speaker 3: Doing so good, thriving. You should have seen me two hours ago.
Speaker 1: So I can't believe for years now, I've done the show for over five years.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Every single week pretty much. I have never dedicated an episode to this one specific haunted house. And it's a very haunted house. It's one of the most haunted houses in the world. And it's kind of like up for sale right now, Oh my god, kind of in a way.
Speaker 3: Okay, the White.
Speaker 4: House, Yes, honey, Yes.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about the White House being haunted. Yes, And I feel like it's elected year. I don't We don't really talk about politics a lot on the show just because, like I don't know, this is kind of like an escape from all that exactly. This is this isn't a political situation. I don't think it's cute.
Speaker 3: It's interesting and I'm so excited. This is fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's about to be some new residents at this haunted house, and I hope that both parties will listen to this episode so they know what they're getting themselves too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they will, because you.
Speaker 1: Know, I am an undecided voter. You know, I have to I have to hear.
Speaker 3: Out, Sure, sure, you look great in red hats.
Speaker 1: So I want that. That's my crutch, it's you can't help.
Speaker 3: You can't help that. You look good in red.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: You can't help it. So you know you also look good on lime green, electric green. You look good at electric green.
Speaker 1: I look good in a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Yes, I look good in a jumpsuit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So as I'm here just hearing.
Speaker 3: Out, hearing both sides undecided.
Speaker 1: Voter undecided for me too, same. So I'm just trying to picture who I would want to be in this haunt.
Speaker 4: Such a great idea. I'm still deciding as well. I can't decide. It's so hard, so hard, it's not clear, it's hard.
Speaker 3: It's so hard.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yes, let me just tell you some of the uh the goodies. Yes, there's a website here, it's just white househistory dot org. Okay, Uh, there's like so many Okay, so we won't there's no way we'll get to all of them. But from eighteen sixty two to eighteen sixty three, Mary Todd Lincoln, Yes, got a show about her brother.
Speaker 3: Loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 1: Well, that same woman she was grieving her son Willie's death, and she began to do seances. That's fun in the Red Room of the White House, which was, you know, very popular at the time to do seances.
Speaker 3: I want to do.
Speaker 1: This place is perfect for a siance, this studio.
Speaker 4: I honestly feel like when I told you I was a portal to Hell, that those lights were going in on now, okay.
Speaker 3: Well can they do that?
Speaker 1: This recently just happened yesterday we recorded and it happened again too. So I don't know if it's.
Speaker 4: Ghosts, but I'm just going to pretend because it said it when I said I'm a channel of.
Speaker 3: The portal of Hell. Those flickors and I just.
Speaker 1: Thought, girl, coincidence, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I thought the timing was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, I've done my research in this room. Used to be the morgue here in this in this building.
Speaker 3: Wait, what was this building?
Speaker 1: Are you it was a hospital? You're lying it was a hospital. This was the morgue for all the dead, Pike, don't. This is where they embalmed.
Speaker 4: This is where all the dead pod because people go, you know, I'm a celebrity.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to talk to my friends.
Speaker 1: Yep, all episode.
Speaker 3: I have to do this every week.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do this every week, but I, oh my god, I just flickered. It just flickered again.
Speaker 1: They're doing that.
Speaker 3: They're doing that on purpose.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's funny. So we're starting just you know, back in the eighteen hundreds that there were seances.
Speaker 3: Have you been to a seance?
Speaker 1: Have I not been to a seance?
Speaker 3: Has there everyone that was actually remarkable? Yeah?
Speaker 1: A couple were interesting.
Speaker 3: Seance Okay, sance all day.
Speaker 1: So there was a guy that worked, he worked for thirty five years doing all kinds of jobs from in the early nineteen hundreds, Okay, named Jeremiah Jerry Smith Great and he says that he saw in those thirty five years the ghosts of President Lincoln, Grant McKinley, and several first ladies. Okay, there is a little known spirit that is of a fifteen year old boy that they call the Thing. Going back to nineteen eleven, they called this this little boy the thing, and it frightened President taps domestic staff in nineteen eleven. His military aid Major Archibald, but.
Speaker 4: Huge not only fans Major.
Speaker 1: Archibald, but with two ties, Major Blood. So here's a quote. Here's a quote from Major Butt. He wrote to his sister, it's so good.
Speaker 4: After laughing, guys, he's talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, He wrote to his sister Clara. Uh huh, Clara Butt.
Speaker 3: Clarah Bus.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, he wrote to Clara Butt. Quote. The ghost, it seems is a young boy, about fourteen or fifteen years old. They say that the first knowledge one has of his presence, of the presence of the thing, is a slight pressure on the shoulder, as if someone were leaning onto your shoulder to see what you might be doing. President Tapped ordered but to tell the White House staff that the first member to repeat stories about the thing would be fired.
Speaker 3: So we needed Major Butt to not talk about the thing.
Speaker 1: Major Butt better not talk about the thing.
Speaker 4: That thing, and he's also going to lean over your shoulder and not talk about that thing because you got Major Butt.
Speaker 3: Great, Major but that's so great. He was the first person ever had BBL Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay. So here's a couple of others. Willie Lincoln, who died in the White House. He's been seen many times. Andrew Jackson from the twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a twenty he's a twenty right twenty.
Speaker 1: He supposedly was lying in his bed in the Queen's Bedroom, also known as the Rose Room. Yeah, supposedly lying in his bed in the Queen's Room. He lets out a guttural laugh that has been heard in the White House since the eighteen sixties. Mary Lincoln claimed to have heard Jackson's stomping and swearing.
Speaker 3: In the Queen's bedroom.
Speaker 1: In the Queen's Room, Honey, that's fun. Thomas Jefferson plays his violin in the Yellow Oval Room.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 1: Dolly Madison protects the Rose Garden, John Tyler, don't you.
Speaker 3: Kind of wish your name is Dolly.
Speaker 1: That's a great name.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'd be a good Dolly. Yeah, Dolly Marine.
Speaker 1: You really would changed my name. It's cute, Dolly would be cute Dolly, But.
Speaker 3: Dolly but missus, Dolly but major, missus major major and Dolly but.
Speaker 1: So good God, I'm so immature this show. This show is just me looking for haunted things that have funny names.
Speaker 3: I'm like an eleven year old boy, you know what I mean. I'm like a heart joke, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I love the pole vaulter that lost because of his bond because it's ding ding has knocked it off.
Speaker 1: Incredible, that guy's peenie dude knocked over.
Speaker 3: His Olympic dreams.
Speaker 1: He's gonna do just fine. Yeah, he'll be fine.
Speaker 4: How about that French swimmer with the giant You're like, whoa crazy?
Speaker 3: You don't want to be in the news for all that, But it's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's the worst thing to be in the news for.
Speaker 1: I heard that the guy with the dingling has only fans. The pole vaulter should because it's like, what are you? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: You're a pole vaulter.
Speaker 1: Okay, So back to this John Tyler, was that a president? I think it's I think that's one of those ones where it's like.
Speaker 3: That was our president exactly.
Speaker 1: John Tyler haunts the Blue Room. William Henry Harrison haunts the attic. The first president to die in the White House, Abigail Adams used to hang her laundry in the East room. Why was she doing her laundry? Uh, contemporary staff can smell wet laundry and the scent of lavender in the east room.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 1: They say it was her there's an unnamed British I can never say this word. Soldier soldier, soldier who perished during the War of eighteen twelve. He roams the White House grounds holding a torch. David Burns, David Byrn not that one. David Burns owned the land in which the White House now stands, and he has been seen in the yellow Oval room. This place is so haunted. Fun now to bring it to more present time, the Obamas have told stories they have seen.
Speaker 3: I buy it.
Speaker 1: Well, here's a little piece from VOA news.
Speaker 3: Dot com, the only place to get my news.
Speaker 1: It says, in respect, shout up. I hope that's not a bad thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: In two thousand and nine, then First Lady Michelle Obama told visiting school children that she and President Barack Obama sometimes heard strange noises in the hallway at night.
Speaker 3: How could you not?
Speaker 1: I mean serious?
Speaker 3: Could you not?
Speaker 1: And other times some Obama family members felt like something was gnawing or chewing on their feet.
Speaker 3: Oh that's weird.
Speaker 1: A folk lorist named Deborah Letanzi shoot aca, I.
Speaker 3: Want to be a folklorus with a hyphenated name.
Speaker 1: I know, amazing, Yeah, she knows a thing or two about ghost stories, and she thinks that the specter of a long dead White House pet might be responsible for the nipping at people's feet.
Speaker 3: That makes sense, Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, And she won't be surprised if the Obama's heard from the most popular ghost in the White House, which is President Lincoln. So it seems like Lincoln is like around there all the time.
Speaker 3: He likes attention. I would say, he seems like a president that liked attention. Yeah, he liked to be admired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's yeah, he probably is.
Speaker 3: Like I think he liked it.
Speaker 1: You see that penny, Yeah, that's me right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see that penny. You see that five, Yeah, he likes it. He that tracks you.
Speaker 1: Know about that show on Broadway right now, that's my wife.
Speaker 4: I lived in a building in New York that John wilket booth brother planned the assassination in the front parlor.
Speaker 1: We just talked about his brother on this podcast because he was.
Speaker 4: A failed actor. Yes, and so he lived in the building. I lived at forty five Grove Street and he lived. He planned the assassination in the building, and it felt fucking homed.
Speaker 3: It the bowels.
Speaker 4: The building made noises, and there was a it was a stop on the underground railroad. There was an under the sidewalk. There was like a area that people would wait underground to be transported like it was.
Speaker 3: It was a stop. There was a lot happening at.
Speaker 4: Forty five grow. It's forty five Grove right near Bleaker. It's near very gay ice cream.
Speaker 1: His brother planned the assassination, John Wilkes Booth.
Speaker 3: He and his brother lived there. His brother, So do you.
Speaker 1: Think his brother was doing like self tapes, self tape auditions.
Speaker 3: Headshots of this is music?
Speaker 4: Check this iss a firefighter, here's mus a physician.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure. Yeah, Edwin, right, isn't it Edwin?
Speaker 1: Edwin? Here's right. We talked about it because I'm obsessed with like synchronicity, weird coincidences.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Lincoln's son fell at like a train station and Edwin Booth caught Lincoln's son before it had happened.
Speaker 3: That's exciting.
Speaker 1: And Lincoln Son was like, oh my god, it's that actor.
Speaker 3: I love this. I love your work. I loved you on Chicago Fire. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, here's just one more. Little Tippy is Jenna bush Hagar yes, she was there, I guess from two thousand and one to two thousand and nine. Yeah, And she said that she and her twin sister, Barbara, once heard nineteen twenties music coming from the fireplaces in their bedroom bedroom.
Speaker 3: You could almost see that. I bet all the chimneys are like connected, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: That could be like from another part like that could be like a connected you know what I mean. Like, No, no, that's fun, that's fun. And he's just like, it's like it's real. It's proves that it's real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or it could have just been someone playing piano in another room. No, no, no, no, Ronald Reagan, who cares?
Speaker 5: My guy.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if I like him not.
Speaker 3: I'm still undecided.
Speaker 1: He told the story of his dog barking frantically at the Lincoln bedroom. It's honestly, it's just Lincoln everywhere.
Speaker 3: Lincoln needs a lot of a.
Speaker 1: Lot of attention. Still, Winston church Hill. Okay. He says that he saw Lincoln's ghost when he stayed in the Lincoln bedroom. That's fun.
Speaker 3: How do we get you in the Lincoln bedroom.
Speaker 1: It's probably easy just to get in there.
Speaker 3: Right, How do you get an overnight.
Speaker 1: I gotta get an over night.
Speaker 3: You gotta get an overnight. But you gotta go there.
Speaker 1: There's tons of this stuff. But going back to the coincidences, I also found another thing. This website has all these like coincidences listed in this. Yeah. Yeah, and there was one about Lincoln. Yes, this is interesting. So Lincoln and Kennedy. I didn't know that there's like eerie similarities. Okay, So Lincoln was elected president in eighteen sixty. Kennedy was elected one hundred years later in nineteen sixty. Both men were assassinated on a Friday. Okay, listen to this. Lincoln was killed in Ford's theater. Kennedy was killed while writing in a Ford Lincoln. I mean, that's interesting. Both men were replaced by vice president's named Johnson. Andrew Johnson was born in eighteen o eight. Lyndon Johnson nineteen oh eight, one hundred years later. John Wilkes Booth was born in eighteen thirty nine. Lee Harvey Oswald was born in nineteen thirty nine. Everything's like one hundred years.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very strange.
Speaker 3: They're twin plane something that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Also, here's another thing. Eight US presidents have died in.
Speaker 3: Office in the building in the White House.
Speaker 1: Not no, but eight total while in office, and seven of them were elected at twenty year intervals. So William Harrison was in eighteen forty when he died, or no, he was elected in eighteen forty. Abraham Lincoln elected eighteen sixty, James Garfield eighteen eighty, William Kenley nineteen hundred, Warren Harding Weird nineteen twenty, Franklin Roosevelt nineteen forty, John F. Kennedy nineteen sixty.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The only other one was Zachary Taylor, who was elected in eighteen forty eight and died in eighteen fifty.
Speaker 3: I love Zachary Taylor and a home improvement.
Speaker 1: He was good. Zachary Taylor.
Speaker 3: Thomas spoke c TTTT spent praise BAZTJ praise me, ztt You know what I'm talking about. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: All right. So that was our White House.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: Can I just say all your prep work thrilled me. I feel like I learned something. I feel like I'm a history buff.
Speaker 1: Now you got to go on a tour of the White House now by yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just assume I'll always be traveling alone.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 4: But you know, like I feel like when you travel for work, you're alone. So like I was like, oh, this it's fun. You get to see the city, You interact with unusual people that you wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Ever normally meet. Yeah, and I've now been on three ghosts.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done dating apps while traveling?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: What you do is you get the premium version so that you can look ahead of time and line it up.
Speaker 3: Okay, what was your best date? What city had the best?
Speaker 1: Realm?
Speaker 3: Okay? What app?
Speaker 1: I get them? All confused? I honestly, sometimes I don't know which one I'm on all of them?
Speaker 3: Room was the best?
Speaker 1: Yeah, still talk to him?
Speaker 3: That's nice every year.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can I show you a haunted doll?
Speaker 3: Yes? Have we met? Obviously you can show me a haunted doll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's time for the dolls are living? Yes, Okay, so I'm going to show you a haunted doll in a second. What I do is I go to eBay. I look for haunted dolls. Okay, and there's thousands up for sale at all.
Speaker 3: That's so fun.
Speaker 1: And these dolls all have an entity or a ghost or something I.
Speaker 3: Saw a haunted doll.
Speaker 4: And when I did the movie, there was a doll that had human hair and it was fucking weird.
Speaker 3: This doll.
Speaker 1: They said it was haunted.
Speaker 3: It was clearly haunted, and it had human hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, human hair and a doll is scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but uh huh.
Speaker 1: What the story with these on eBay usually is that a formerly living human has somehow found themselves inside of this doll.
Speaker 4: Okay, fun, what doll would you want to be in? I want to be in a barbie.
Speaker 1: I would want to be in one with human hair, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Okay, because you have great hair, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So this one's name is Helen geehaw. Can you show us Helen please? Helen.
Speaker 4: Oh, that is definitely a haunted doll.
Speaker 3: That is definitely a haunted doll. She's cute, she's cute. Her eyes are she needs to look like a Lasik you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she does not have pupils. She's cute, but it looks like those eyes are on purpose.
Speaker 4: I feel like I looked like that before I died my hair blonde. She needs it's my first headshot.
Speaker 1: She needs a peel or something. Her sal is cracked.
Speaker 4: She needs to go stuck on some laughing gas and get some kind of a laser situation.
Speaker 1: She's spooky, Yeah, she's crooked.
Speaker 4: She's definitely got a hit by like the Wizard of oz House this.
Speaker 3: She's cute though.
Speaker 1: I like her love really, I mean, I think as much as she's terrifying. She's one hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's a lot.
Speaker 1: She knows what she's worth.
Speaker 3: Yes, she likes herself, she has self worth.
Speaker 1: She definitely looks haunted to me.
Speaker 3: I do not want that in my home.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you the little story it comes with with Helen. It says she's a nineteen thirties haunted burlesque doll, fun extremely active, possessed doll by a ghost.
Speaker 3: I buy it.
Speaker 1: This is an actual doll from the nineteen thirties, possessed by a ghost name Helen, who passed away in that time period. Okay, the previous owner believes that she was a sex worker at that time and told me how they have heard erotic moans at night from her.
Speaker 4: This is somebody scraped the paint off the eyes and added the moaning to sell it.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. I have also heard this from her more than once, so multiple people are hearing her moan in an Eurotic eye.
Speaker 3: That's fun. That's a fun ghost, a horny ghost.
Speaker 1: I have also heard her cry out and a sound that is a mix of sad and anger.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: She needs a comforting home to relax or hell is she sure does. She can be a bit scary.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I like hurt people.
Speaker 4: Hurt people, you know, exactly, hurt people, hurt people who hasn't been through it exactly.
Speaker 1: She deserves some love. She can be a bit it's scary, but I think with love and care, she won't lash out. Okay for a while, her previous owners said that they think she was angry with them for throwing away some of her belongings. Yeah no dooy deep in their basement that may have included a photograph of her.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't blame her.
Speaker 1: I'd be ticked, she's pissed.
Speaker 3: I don't blame her. She's like, bitch, that was my stuff and that was my best shot.
Speaker 1: You just threw out, Yeah, especially like nineteen thirty. Is not like they had like a bunch of copies of the same picture that.
Speaker 3: Was me, So you just threw me out, you know, She's.
Speaker 1: Like, guess what, I'm gonna fuck in the other room, and I hope you here.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be the rudest roommate that you've ever I'm not even gonna close the door.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna fuck. I'm gonna fuck all.
Speaker 4: Your ancestor memories in here, and I'm gonna, like moan, I'm gonna fight with them.
Speaker 3: Like She's just like, fuck you, dude.
Speaker 1: Good for her, Good for her.
Speaker 4: I'm here for Helen. I'm pro Helen. Look, she keeps it tight.
Speaker 3: I feel like she got disrespected both in life and death, and like I think she needs a home. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you want to see what she looks like, go to ghosted by ras on Instagram and you can see her under the tab that says doll.
Speaker 3: She's cute.
Speaker 4: She needs to like all her little hand poor thing. That's not a shot you want to that's not a shot you want to see.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she's pretty big.
Speaker 3: That's a big doll. That's like the whole size of the table. It's twenty five inches. That's big.
Speaker 1: Sit actually twenty six in honey. Maybe she was in that pole Vaulter's payot.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what he was his lucky Jump doll.
Speaker 1: Oh twenty six.
Speaker 4: That's a huge don't mind my decour, I you know what I mean. I was a home good to gotta live laugh love sign and I got this beautiful doll.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes these people are really showing off.
Speaker 3: I mean it's big.
Speaker 1: It's a marketing thing. You gotta show how big it is.
Speaker 3: To show how big it is, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta scratch the eyes out to make it scarier. Yeah. Anyway, here's another thing we do. Can I play you some ghost obvious. It's time for EVP or ev plicse EVP Electronic Voice Phenomenal. Okay, so when a ghost hunter believes they've captured a ghost speaker.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've seen those. They're always bros. I've seen those bros.
Speaker 2: Bros.
Speaker 3: I've seen those bros with their boxes.
Speaker 1: Well, there's all kinds of people on YouTube that posts these. Ok I got two of them for you. This first one was posted by the Paranormal Detectives and it's at a place called White Ladies Priory.
Speaker 4: Is that in my hometown and Little Compton Island, I'm probably I've probably.
Speaker 1: Been White Ladies Priory. It's in Wolverhampton, UK, okay.
Speaker 3: That tracks. That feels right.
Speaker 1: What are these white ladies saying.
Speaker 3: Let me guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's quick, I mean, let me play it.
Speaker 2: AM like, oh, it's one o'clock summer, Martha, I don't hear anything, do you Well?
Speaker 1: Let me give you some options, okay, and then then you might be able to hear it better. Is it A you're gay?
Speaker 5: Okay okay, B go away okay, C sorry? Or D what is it pay?
Speaker 3: Okay? You're gay?
Speaker 1: When your asient calls you and you're like, what is it pay?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're gay? Go away? Sorry? What does it pay?
Speaker 1: Which?
Speaker 3: One? One more time?
Speaker 1: Sorry? They believe it's go away? Oh, let me let me play another. Wae know that I hear it.
Speaker 3: I heard that. Let me hear one more time. I believe that. I buy that.
Speaker 1: I can hear it. Good job, paranlem but detective.
Speaker 3: Good job.
Speaker 1: I buy that case.
Speaker 3: You crack the case. I buy that.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's one more. This one's from Gargoyle six six one okay at the Silver Queen Mine Road in the Mojave Desert, Mojave, California. Okay, okay, what is this one saying? Oh?
Speaker 4: That was very that was something talking for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something with a house? Okay?
Speaker 3: Or like are you going to put out?
Speaker 1: Why don't you put out?
Speaker 3: Why don't you put out?
Speaker 1: I hear that? Why didn't you put out? Right to put out? Gargoyle sixty six one? That's not what they thought? Do they think it was a? Wait, that's a good one. No, B what you going on about?
Speaker 3: These are wild options? Okay?
Speaker 1: See, won't you go to Hell?
Speaker 3: Where's the house?
Speaker 1: Or d what are you gonna wear?
Speaker 3: Whoa? These are wild options. Okay, let me hear the choices again. I don't hear. Let me here, let me hear the options again.
Speaker 1: The options are, wait, that's a good one. No, what you going on about?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Won't you go to Hell? Or what you're gonna wear?
Speaker 3: I hope it's big?
Speaker 1: Be what you're going on about?
Speaker 3: The only one that says like howse out?
Speaker 1: They think it's c won't you go to Hell?
Speaker 3: I'm here?
Speaker 1: I could hear why won't you go to Hell? Go to Hell? Well?
Speaker 3: I want to go to hell house?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's definitely a half there's a house or a hell house. Why won't you watch Shallow Hell? Remember them?
Speaker 3: Oh? I love that movie? Can you mention that was my favorite movie.
Speaker 1: Oh that movie. So you gotta watch that movie and then figure out who to vote for exactly.
Speaker 3: I've got to watch shallow Hell. I've got to figure out. How am I going to figure it out?
Speaker 1: You believe that movie was ever made?
Speaker 3: To no and it was like what about you?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I.
Speaker 4: Can't It wasn't even like that long ago. And like the grand scheme of human Planet.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. You looked at him like a timeline.
Speaker 3: It's like it was like two hours ago.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like what are like? Yeah? And like nobody it was just like, oh, okay, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love ghost things so much obviously, and this is I was so excited when you reached out.
Speaker 3: I love doing your podcast.
Speaker 1: It's your second time too.
Speaker 4: I was legit honored, to be honest, and yeah, I was super excited and I really hope How long is your ghost hunt?
Speaker 1: Six days by yourself? Two locations?
Speaker 3: What part of the country Arizona, both Arizona? Yeah, interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Where are you the most curious in the world to go looking for ghosts?
Speaker 1: Hmmm?
Speaker 3: Like what location? What part of the world would you like to explore more? I found the Tower of London, very heavy feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, all of England is haunted, it's so old.
Speaker 4: The most visceral reaction I've ever had to a building was the Hamlet Castle in Denmark. It was so heavy and my friend felt it, her daughter felt it like there were rooms that like it was like there was a magnet on you, just like there was such a heaviness that you just want to get out of there. Even though it's like a beautiful sunny day.
Speaker 3: The energy was so you felt like you were just like walking through molasses. Oh God, really haunted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see that doesn't sound fun to I want gay ghosts. That's what I want is West. It's very gay.
Speaker 3: See West Key, West would have some fun gay ghosts.
Speaker 1: Drag queen ghosts. Key, I want to have a good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't want to. You don't want a heavy Peatown.
Speaker 1: Petown's very haunted too, like old history.
Speaker 3: I buy that.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 3: Have you gone to New Orleans?
Speaker 1: Not enough? No, I've never done ghosts hunting there. I really want to. And I think that's so fascinating too, with just I mean, so much history. Yeah. Also the voodoo practice.
Speaker 4: Is connected to spirits. Yeah, it's just just flickered.
Speaker 3: You don't want to hear it. You're like, bitch, it's just a wire.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a ghost.
Speaker 3: It's too new of a building.
Speaker 1: Well, it used to be the Morgan.
Speaker 3: Hare rip all those dead podcasts.
Speaker 1: Do you know what the beauticians? The mortician's name was Morgan.
Speaker 3: That's so good. But Captain Pacher.
Speaker 4: But did you know that there's an old woman who still is alive in my hometown whose name is Pussy Driver. And the golf champ his name is Dix Mall. He could go by Richard, but he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, there's an old woman in your hometown. Hometown name pussy Driver.
Speaker 4: Her name is Pussy pussy Driver. Her last name's driver. How do you spell her first name ussy Pussy?
Speaker 1: No, it's not. How is it short for something?
Speaker 4: I think it's like a nickname, Sandra Pussolini.
Speaker 3: I think it's like a nickname, you know what I mean? Like because like the.
Speaker 1: Who would call her pussy driver?
Speaker 3: That's a great question, New England, New England.
Speaker 1: And then because there's small.
Speaker 4: Small, there's also ladies. Because like there's ladies in the town. There's name like Go Go and like Gigi and like, you know what I mean. Okay, so like and there you know, she's got to be in her nineties, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So her name is Pussy pussy Butts Major and Pussy Butts. She's nice, she's good. She still plays cards.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, she's nice. She's sparkly cool.
Speaker 1: Lo's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Every want a friendly pussy driver.
Speaker 3: You want a friendly pussy driver. It's a great name.
Speaker 1: Marine. Thank you so much, so delighted. Tell people where you want them to find you.
Speaker 4: Thank you for asking. I have all sorts of fun things coming out. One of them is a movie called Threesome with Ruby Cruz from Bottoms and Zoey do Each and it's really fun, but it's not out yet. And then I'm filming something right now that I'm really excited about. But I have a podcast. It's a comedy podcast about the Bachelor franchise called Willeks at This Rose. I've had it for like eight years. It's on iHeart. It's really fun and comedians we break it down and it's a real delight and it's out every Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 4: And you know, I'm doing some live shows. I'm doing Bellhouse in Brooklyn on October fifth. They can come to that and all sorts of fun things.
Speaker 1: I love it. Thanks for doing this such a joy. I do have one more thing to say to you.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: Go away?
Speaker 3: I heard it? I heard go away? I heard it, I heard it.
Speaker 1: I love you. Thanks for doing this. Thank you so much to Arden marineh. She just brings so much joy to me all the time. And thank you for listening. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me, hey By. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Krichten. My theme music is by the spine Chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac, Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareff, the Spooky Georgia Hard Start, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer