Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data does.
Speaker 3: Take a look right now with some of the stocks on the move today with Lisa and tell you, Lisa.
Speaker 1: What do you have?
Speaker 4: All Right, We're starting with Tesla because their shares have been down more than four percent before the bell reports earnings tomorrow. Right, but the big thing is that web Bush Security is analyst Dan Ives. He said the company faces this quote code red moment as it prepares for that earnings report. He also pointed out that Elon Musk should step back from his work at DOGE to focus on Tesla. He says that an involvement in the White House has really led to this brand damage in the company. If you remember two weeks ago, two Ives he slashed the price target for Tesla stock by forty three percent. So that's one piece. Then you have another piece. They have Barclays lowering its price target on Tesla. That happened late Thursday. And then you have this report from Reuter's out out that Tesla is delaying the launch of those more affordable cars it's been talking about giving these you know, more affordable evs, but now they're saying that that could be delayed. So it's kind of it's pushing down the max step, but it's leading the losses in the MAC event.
Speaker 3: Right too long weekend here, I mean, am I right? Mister Musk has sort of disappeared. Maybe he's that good tesla.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's interesting, but when he lose Dan ives, that's a that's a challenge for the stock, I would say, So we'll see how that plays out. But again, most definitely the fundamentals are concerning to a lot of people.
Speaker 3: On Fifth Avenue this weekend and they get claimed Easter Parade, which is a.
Speaker 1: Really wonderful celebration. He was just dressed normal, exactly.
Speaker 4: I know these two dollars, I'm sure. So I want to point out Capital one Financial. Their shares have been up about four percent this morning, the reason why bank regulators approved their thirty five billion dollar acquisition of Discover. Now this happened late Friday. Of Discover shares are rising too, They're up about as much as seven percent. But it could create the nation's biggest credit card issuer by loan volume. But the reason why this is kind of standing out is because this decision was awaiting whether the DOJ would sue to block the acquisition. People were waiting for that. Some were worried it could harm competition, but then you had Antitrust Division chief said that there wasn't enough evidence to challenge that. So it's expected to close on May eighteenth. But it really could unlock some things for Capital One. For one, it could unlock at least one point two billion dollars in annual revenue because in the past they only had to rely on Vison MasterCard and that was it for them to issue its credit cards. But with Discover they can kind of cut out the middlemen and then have more control over the prices that merchant all charge every time that you can someone swipes one of its credit cards. So that was kind of interesting there. And then if we check back in with stocks that were moving before the holiday, before we had the break right that some of them are still moving, but some in a different direction. For example, if you remember we talked about Hurts last week, right they had that big rally news Bill Ackman's person square taking big steak in the company. But if we look at the shares before the bell, they're off as much as twelve percent, So that's a big turnaround for Hurts. And then you have Netflix still riding that wave. It shares are up about three percent. Results after the bell showed right before the holiday, forecasted revenue the second quarter beat on estimates, but also only see the company's business as resilient. That's how they're describing it. So Netflix kind of still riding.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Paul?
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, I agree with all of that. I mean, we'll see here, they're trying to push through a lot of you know, the price increases across the board, of trying to drive up their advertising revenue, and that whole password sharing thing that work wrote down on.
Speaker 3: That Disney's out with and or like soon this weekend. I guess it did well. I watched a couple episodes and stop watching it.
Speaker 1: But who's number two?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Is there a number two?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: I think it's streaming. Disney is a clear number two. They are profitable, But what's it mean to be number two these days? At this point, it doesn't seem like a whole lot, but there if you look at the profitability for their streaming business, it does ramp up a pretty.
Speaker 1: Second, try and compete because they have the biggest.
Speaker 5: Catalog, right Almison Prime's got, you know, the biggest balance sheets so they can buy their way.
Speaker 3: This is Keens watching Step with Queen and Candas Bergen this weekend.
Speaker 1: The Netflix doesn't have that.
Speaker 3: That's you know, that's a movie, Lisa, Candae Bergen.
Speaker 4: Okay, remember that you mentioned Zizzy. Actually they were upgraded to Apple form at Wolf Research, so see's getting a little upgrade there.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.