Speaker 1: Hello, Hello everyone. I'm Devin Simone and I'm.
Speaker 2: Anissa Ferrera and I'm back you guys.
Speaker 3: Baby, She's back.
Speaker 2: This is MTV's official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 3: Woo, Ni Mey, we missed you.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I was away visiting friends on the West Coast and I'm back to the right coast where I belong.
Speaker 1: I love it on the East coast. Wow and wow to this episode.
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 3: You know, there was a lot of things I never thought i'd see.
Speaker 1: One, Jordan and Kaz being close to Emily and Yes in this competition because I mean, Emily's an Olympic swimmer.
Speaker 3: I have so much respect for you.
Speaker 1: For two, I know she did, they both did, but Jordan, I mean, look, we we.
Speaker 3: Can't diminish this small feat that was an amazing.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is like Emily was dragged, like not dragging someone, but no Emily, Emily.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Gonna take anything away from Yes. Like Caz had to swim hard too, Yeah, I mean who was trying to keep up with I mean Emily set the pace, of course how fast, but of course she did.
Speaker 3: But she's an Olympian and I just think it's so imp.
Speaker 1: I just have to get crops and shout outs to like the people even remotely keeping up, because that's just mind blowing, like wow, and what an exceptional job there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I feel.
Speaker 1: Like i'd just be like, you know what, I'm gonna just get on a floaty and just float on down because like.
Speaker 2: I'll just do the just give me the try, I'll just do the puzzle. I'll gay sixteen puzzles right before I right right.
Speaker 1: And I mean I'm trying to think of anything that makes my eyes light up the way hers does when she talks about water, Like for me, I don't know, maybe ice cream or like a good masseuse misogyn.
Speaker 2: Now, when I backdrop rain, I think about the rain. When I think about water, I'm like, my hair is gonna get so messed up. That's the first thing I think about having natural hair, and that water like it doesn't even like when it's humeed out alone, getting completely submerged.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, but yours are cute though fans.
Speaker 2: But they don't always get back together. That's gonna get wet. Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't have to think about those things, but she really likes something. She talks about water and I aspire to light up rightfully for more things than just ice cream and massages In that same way, Can I also say something that brought me a little bit of joy in this episode Tory.
Speaker 3: And Danny getting along. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we waited for the season to go by, and maybe it's just me, Like, I know some people love their like tension, y'all are toxic, But you know, call me weird.
Speaker 1: I'm the same person who likes it when Melissa and Teresa get along. And I know that has only happened like once or twice in the last I don't know, ten eleven years, but if you know, you know. But I loved seeing them come together as a team. I think we even saw Tory kind of hug Danny when they finished. They're part of the daily Like, it's just nice for a moment to see a team like be a team, especially with two individually great people like come together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think I think you just hug after because you made it. I mean, that's true, but I also feel like it's a very natural thing to do after, regardless of what happened before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we've seen all season they've been they've been. They needed divorce court Marie and.
Speaker 2: A bunch of other things. Of course, Judge Nabeling and he they needed all of that. But but it.
Speaker 1: Seems like they're coming around. Last week they voted in tandem, which was cool to see, and this week they hugged, which I think it just gives me a little joy. Now, who knows, they're probably they're probably gonna be at each other's tharts yet next week, which is take take the winds, take the winds as they come, and take the little winds as they come. All right, So, who for you and Nissa was ruler of the world this week?
Speaker 3: And who for you was on another planet?
Speaker 2: I mean clearly, clearly Emily just killed it through and through her. And yes, just like yes he kept up with an Olympian because you guys were definitely tethered together. It wasn't like you were swimming next to each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And forgetting that puzzled done first. I mean, both of them are amazing. Emily is amazing. Anytime she hits the water. Now on another planet, it's gotta be Jordan, because like Jordan, you know your colors, and clearly one was purple and the rest were blue, and if it were anybody else that did that, and then were his partner, who would have never heard the end of that. To see Jordan make these human errors is very humbling. I feel for him, but also to finish that that close behind I know the writer even with it's like, that's what I'm saying that even making a misteak did well still on another planet for not knowing the difference, but like he's on like a cool planet.
Speaker 1: Maybe he couldn't see it because he was going so fast, you know, it was like speedy Gonzales, so he like couldn't. It was just a blur for him because he was going, I don't know, girl, but.
Speaker 2: It was wrong. It was wrong. That was like easter lilac.
Speaker 3: It really was.
Speaker 2: They have like royal blue.
Speaker 3: They weren't even in the same color family like at all.
Speaker 2: They were. It wasn't like periwinkle and like blew something. It was. Yeah, it wasn't. Yeah, it was very but it's okay, It's okay. It was everybody makes mistakes. Think what about you.
Speaker 1: I'd say my queen or king of the world actually would have to be Jordan, because despite that mistake, I am just so impressed and Cast like I love Cast, like I she just is a vibe through and through, like everything about her is a vibe, and I love that, and I definitely think she The thing where Jordan would almost be nominated for being on another planet is just by initially his kind of dismissal of his female partner sometimes, which you know we've talked about and you being partners with him, and I didn't love how he always treated you, and not loving how he's dismissive of Cast sometimes, but it seems like he's working on it. It seems like he's working on it, so I respect that. But the way Jordan just tore up that water, I is just even with that extra lap is wild and so impressive and cas to what a wonderful team.
Speaker 3: And then the one.
Speaker 1: Who's out of this world actually isn't a person this time. It is that damn second wall. What was that when they swung into the second and I just you almost wanted to like you expected to hear a boint, like because they just bounced.
Speaker 2: It was like his his legs crashed right into the wall.
Speaker 1: Nothing happened, nothing happened, and then Casey did it and it just it was a they just nothing literally bounced off the way.
Speaker 2: I think it's where they were, where they were aiming. I think it was just less. It wasn't as structure, like in the middle, there wasn't as much support. Yeah, but you don't know that. And that was pretty close too. I mean I was I was wanted it to be a little bit closer because they love like a nail bier. But yeah, you know, I think Derell and Kiki put in a good season mm hmm. And it's a shame to see them go because I feel like that that amount of drama and like you kind of see a different side of Derell, like he's playing a little bit more of the game this season.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree, And it's nice to see that you can see his personality more like it's always there. I just don't think it's always shown.
Speaker 3: And I can see Casey about him, but Casey too forgetting things.
Speaker 1: Yeah you yes, Casey, shit, yeah did you see at the end when she said she's like, yeah, Casey, she had her arms all glistening on there and LRDI in there.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you know Casey, you know like she's definitely you know, got dimensions to her. Sure, I just I just like how you know, people get like kind of feisty and you get to see how they are under pressure.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad people get to see it because some of the people I will say this on Reddit yep, shout out to you and Reddit have before complaining because they didn't feel like they got to see any of Casey's personality right, and they felt like, and it's true when she's been on other seeds and with other people, I think it. You know, there's so many personalities and stories to tell, you can't tell them all, and so sometimes hers gets put by the wayside. But if this week's episode was any inclination, I feel like we're gonna start to get some glimpses of the competitive Casey that's there. And I think that between that and a little bit of messy yes that we're gonna see.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be one hell You're gonna get you.
Speaker 3: Se that nickname.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be one hell of a season. I'm so here for And you guys, we have a super awesome interview duo. Okay, one of them is an Olympian and water and one of them is an Olympian of our heart. Both of them very entertaining. Their names are Yes and Emily, and they will be here right after this to give us some inside scoop on their strategy, all the things you didn't know that were going on behind the scenes, and the maneuvering. They'll be talking about that key key versus Emily Beef.
Speaker 3: Is it real?
Speaker 1: Is it not real? Is Australia united or divided? Don't go anywhere because right after this you're going to find out all of those answers and more.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned, all.
Speaker 2: Right, folks, we are at that point in the podcast where we get to interview some special people today. I want to welcome the fastest swimmer I know. I mean, I've never seen anything like it, little pocket Rocket Dolphin herself, Emily Sebam and her wonderful partner, the beloved Yes Duffy.
Speaker 5: Hello, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Hi? Friend?
Speaker 3: Wait? Having so you didn't want to call her the human seed, but you did call her a pocket rocket?
Speaker 2: Listen, want as fast and everybody loved? Just shut up. The thing is, I didn't want to call her like a seed do, which just doesn't sound as cute as pocket rocket. But she's so much bigger than she's like tall and long and fast.
Speaker 1: She is I've never seen you in first and graceful, but I am so graceful.
Speaker 2: You are like a robot. You are like not real. I've never seen anyone with a helmet, a GoPro, a life vest X and a stupid wetsuit on swim that fast back and forth.
Speaker 5: While dragging but dragging me. Tried doing it, dragging me.
Speaker 2: You were doing it. She didn't have like I mean, you were doing what you could have, but it could have been worse for her, but you were still doing.
Speaker 1: Something and you still It was almost deceptive of watching Emily and water because you watch her and a part of you is like, wow, you know what, maybe I could do that. And I don't mean just this water challenge, I mean the other ones in this season. And then they cut to the other castmates competing. You're like, oh no, You're quickly humbled and brought back down to earth. That like, no, no, that's just an Emily talent like I was, And it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even this episode was impressive, Emily, But it was the first time I saw you swim that I was like I don't know if I should be paying should I I didn't know how to feel. I was like, am I is it? AI? Is this real? But you trained for this, so like this has to be completely different than anything you've ever.
Speaker 4: Done one hundred percent. Like I swim every day. So for me, like the swimming challenges were like I was there, I saw water and I was like, I'm going to fuck shit up today, Like that was my plan. I saw water and I was like, I don't care, like whatever this is today, I'm going to fuck this shit up, like this is what I have to do. And I think me and Danny had lots of conversations because we were both like athletes going into this and we're like, you know, we either come off looking like people are like, oh, well, you know, that's what they do, That's what they're born to do, like you just see why they're born to do that, and if you do shit at like something athletic, they're like, oh well why they shit? They're an athlete. So it's like just like win win, and sometimes it's like all lose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're so like you've worked so hard to be a swimmer, you know, it's not like you were. You were competing in eighteen different sports, you know, and I feel like you put so much energy into and time and effort and like just practicing and swimming all the time, that you better be good at it.
Speaker 5: It's not just good at that, that's the.
Speaker 2: Thing that you're like, she's good at Ever, mostly.
Speaker 5: It goes beyond it's just competition, period. It's not like period I reached. Remember Emily, when we first saw all of all of you lined up inside that stadium, you were the only I didn't you know, You're the only one that I saw at the whole I'm trying to look at everybody were size and everyone thinking who's too You were. You were just standing there like you've been there before and you've done it before. You were not like totally you were like you just are so calm, And I can tell that your competitor mindset and the experience you bring and your confidence is just of another league. It was just it's just cool to see. It's cool to be around, it's cool to compete with. It's infectious.
Speaker 1: Yes, What was it like being chosen by Emily? Like when you're in that moment for her to pick you as a teammate. What were your initial thought, like, this is before you guys have now obviously built this amazing relationship. But like, was there any intimidation because oh shit, an olympian just chose me, or was there like, oh yeah, rock on because I am also not my own Now.
Speaker 5: I was lucky and blessed. I mean the way these things go, you know that there's a little bit of a roll of the dice or a lot of roll the dice on a lot of things every single day, and so for me, I actually just really lucky that that that some of the strongest women placed where they placed right at the end of that early qualifier. So then to know I had already derail already was like, hey man, I'm talking to Emily, and you know, I was like we're talking, I don't I didn't I think I had a chance. And then when Emily says my I'm like, oh, let's go, And there's no intimidation whatsoever, because I am just whether it's he's on my team or not. I mean, just seeing her kick ass and seeing her ability to tackle all of the difficult, uncertain moments of every day as a fierce and confident person is just amazing to bear. I mean, I just that's just that's the best. That's the best you could ask in anybody.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're one of the best partners. I can't take it like you bring. Yeah, Yes, you have a different quality joy to it even as a friend, like even had Tablas, not even like an all, just a person to talk to every day. You are. You're like one of those guys that I wish I could magically turn everybody into you in the house because it's just like this breath of fresh air. You know, you're getting like no nonsense, just like a very kind person that you know respects you and will support you and lift you up. So I think that you know you're you're an Olympian in your own right, you know, like a heart of the heart Olympics and the mind. You just bring like your own set of skills to this group. So I think the partnersh was awesome. I just want to know something in the episode because I'm gonna forget and it's really good above me. So it's you and Cass, I mean you and cast Jesus Jordan Cass right behind you, guys, and they're close, right or is it editing?
Speaker 5: Jordan and cass are not. It's not only this one time in this episode that they are right behind us. It is later too. We are neck and neck with them athletically and competitively, and I love that competition into them. So, yes, Anissa, so they are. They are swimming fast. They came out the gate to win.
Speaker 2: But I want to know. I mean, these colors can't be their colors can't be that close together.
Speaker 3: Oh the color?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of the triangles?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, How can you guys explain how hard were the color Like? How was that even possible that someone? And were they the only team that mistakenly picked up the wrong triangle?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I didn't even know about it until we got to the end. I think they came out of the water is same, Like we both came out with triangles at the same time. They went to a small amount of feather away or something like that, and then he was like, I think I heard TJ say that, Well, you just helped.
Speaker 2: Out Carell and your best friend Kiki.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Emily, I just remember it was I just remember trying we jump in the water, and I know Jordan's got it out for us because he loves to race. I love his competitive spirit. And I also know Caz too. She's got the killer competitive spirit. So they're kind of even competing for space, just just individual as individuals, because she's got a bright light to shine when it comes to skills and her opinions and everything, and she doesn't want to be overshadowed or talked down to by all. She got a lot to prove. The two of them show up in the water and they are blazing. And what's funny is I see him coming because I'm behind them. Emily's towing me and I'm behind Emily and I can see Jordan's pass and finally they get closed enough with Jordan's talking to me. He's like, I'm coming at you, man, I'm coming. He's like a shark. He's yelling at me, and I'm that's him all the time, and I'm like, oh, hell no. So it like we're feeding off each other and Emily is just killing it. She then I think I was supposed to get the puzzle piece or something, but then I'm exhausted. I mean, I'm just like, I'm literally just being rescued and dragged around and she's killing it. And then she just grabs the puzzle pieces and goes. I mean, it's it.
Speaker 2: Was, but it made it look like they were almost around ahead, like because they got that and then they still got another, They still got all their pieces and they were still building.
Speaker 5: What happened was right after you. Yeah, well so Emily correct me if if you remember any different. But I remember this where we got done. First we started the puzzle, and I'm and I start trying to figure out the puzzles. Nobody around, no other puzzles to look at. Yeah, we're working hard on the puzzle, and it took a while. And then when everyone.
Speaker 3: Else gets done, they roll up, you know what they do.
Speaker 5: They love the pieces together. Yeah, and then all of a sudden everyone gets the puzzle, so like it immediately ties the game.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 2: Well that's where they knew it was, right, Yeah, and it's annoying. It's a frustrating part when you work that hard and then all.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like they had to do that with Emily there though, because it's like Wes is, yes, is literally paired with an Olympian.
Speaker 2: But we don't have Emily there. They still have that because they Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean true, but I feel like all the more reason they have to because SIMI basically like does appear wet in the water and then is like all right, like is that all I'm done?
Speaker 3: So I feel like that was the.
Speaker 1: Only way and it was really interesting to watch, like it was cool to I don't know how you guys felt in the moment.
Speaker 3: Were you stressed a.
Speaker 1: Little bit emily feeling like they were neck and neck, or were you still just like, oh, no, I know I've got this regardless.
Speaker 4: Well, like when I swim, I only focus about my like on myself. I can't control what anyone else is going to do beside me, so I never like worry too much about like what's going on beside me. But I was like to yes, I was like I'm going to take the swimming like I'm going to take chogs on that, like I'll gas myelt that completely. I was like, you just saved yourself for the puzzle, like you take as many breaks you need, I will drag you through the water. You just focus on the puzzle, like you do whatever you need to do to get your mind ready for that puzzle, because I'm going to be fully gasped to finish this. And then I think we got there and I was just like okay, yes, like this is you, Like I tagged team to you now and I watch you and cheer you on, and then yeah, like everyone.
Speaker 5: Kind of took me like five minutes.
Speaker 4: You were fine, Like I wasn't stressed at all. And then I remember on the very last guess and you're like, I don't really know if that's right or not.
Speaker 5: It's true, that's right because we saw they were going to hit check. It really was down. It did come down down in like a half second like that. I mean it really, it was that close.
Speaker 2: What happens if you were to check.
Speaker 4: And we were out, like we were automatically in the bottom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sucks. I mean I figured who said it? You were Jordan, who was like, it's gonna you're gonna have to count the triangles.
Speaker 5: Oh Jordan said it. Jordan knew, Yeah, Jordan kind of knew ahead of time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you still got it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then you still got it.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: No, I saw everyone get it. I was like, Tory, I know you didn't get sixteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah. They it was so they said that. They were like, oh I've seen this before, I know what the answer is. And they got it first. Go everyone else did not get it first.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 4: I was like, there's some sneaky shit happening here.
Speaker 3: Wait who got it first? Go?
Speaker 2: Well, you're wait.
Speaker 4: Who who said the Tory and Danny got it first? Go and there and it makes me gig burst. Go and Danny and Sarah are both from that partners like Tory and THEO both said to them, We've got this, I've seen it before, and they both get sixteen on that first go and got it right? Everyone else? No one else got it right first?
Speaker 2: Go? Are you were you upset when you found out your best friend Kiki came in life and would have to go into elimination again.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say I was sad, but I would have bothered someone else than Kiki, Like I didn't have it out for Kiki as much as people think, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you put I want to know.
Speaker 2: I want to know what the I want to know why there's such a riff.
Speaker 5: And I got so much love for Derel, Like we're not we're not we're not going.
Speaker 2: I'm just talking about Kiki and Emily because that's more of the storyline that that we're seeing.
Speaker 4: I know, I know it's like that storyline and it happened episode one when you just saw me saying let's throw Kiki in. But that's not how it went down, Like I've got receipts, Like, okay, give.
Speaker 3: Us the receipts.
Speaker 1: Yes, since we want the receipts. This is the receipts podcast.
Speaker 4: Troy was in on the vote. Everyone knew what was happening on that vote, even Kiki. I know she says she wasn't, but she was in. We told her like, this is how we think it's gonna go. Like in all the seasons of the challenge, have you ever seen one partner make the entire decision? Like I've never seen that in all the seasons I've ever watched, I've never seen when two people win only one person has a vote. I've never seen that.
Speaker 2: M hmm. It's never been like that.
Speaker 4: I've always seen it that if you can't make a decision, that person goes in mm hm, and they always come to a decision. So I didn't at any stage did I think it was gonna be Kiki going in. I didn't, and nor did I expect or want that first episode like there was like I spoke to Claudia because we were like okay, like if they're going to do it, it might be Claudia get to choice or Zara goes in. And I spoke to Claudia forty five minutes, which they didn't show, and I was like, if you have a choice, like who are you voting for? And at originally she was like I want Kiki and I was like, well, no, you can't have Kiki. Like if there's a choice, you say Kasi and she was down to say Kaz his name, and then I spoke to Kiki. I was like, I've talked to Klorea. I think it's like gonna be Kaz. And then they flipped the switch and Kiki went in. But you saw that I was cheering for Ki entire time, and Troy.
Speaker 5: Did appos the whole time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't stop like that.
Speaker 5: I was so loud, so what And the whole time we're in the house, I didn't never hear I never heard the whole time. The time we're in the house, whole time, I never heard Emily talk trash about.
Speaker 3: So there was no tangsho.
Speaker 2: It crazy because this carried on.
Speaker 1: But so even if M in the beginning, that wasn't your you know view, like, right, you weren't going for Kiki and you were kind of Team Australia at some point in the house. Did it shift for you though, then where you did feel because it does look very much and I know there's so much that doesn't get shown because there's only so many minutes in an episode, in so many hours in a day. But does it shift for you, because it definitely doesn't seem like you guys are buddy buddy as the season progresses.
Speaker 4: I think as the episodes, like as we went through each challenge and stuff, I think Kiki really pulled away from me and from the get go, like we were always like like, look, I never spoke to Kik after our season finished and ed and follow each other on Insta, Like we didn't chat heading into the World Champs, like I had no idea like where she stood or anything leading into SHO And then we go on the show and we're just like, well, like these are the only people I know, so I'm gonna I'm gonna ride for you. And then kind of Grant left and Kikey never wanted to be in any decisions, like she was like I never want to knows because I don't want to lie to people. So I never involved her in the conversations because that's what she asked me to do. She just said, tell me who to vote for and I'll do it. So then when the episode came up where she was like, oh, Emily asked me how much, well it hurts from the nototh you just put in it. Well, yes, when the plan and.
Speaker 5: Then ten minutes early we told Keiki said it's cool. You can say my name, you can say Darrell's name. And Darrell was like, it's cool. Because I went to Kellyanne and kill Ane was like, I ain't thrown in Durrell. I said okay, great, so and I said, Durrell, is it cool? And I said, Kiki is it cool? The bigger picture is, I think is Keiki was just stressed, so like she can nod her head and be like cool, cool, cool, and then she kind of just gets worried and stressed and then she's like oh hell no, like five.
Speaker 4: Minutes later, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just stressful.
Speaker 2: You would have thought that there was a I Hate Kiki club because I wasn't here for Keky's interview last week, but from just watching it, I'm like what is the beef? Like, I'm just happy to be if I could be just completely transparent that this show is finally like not saying whatever, I'm just happy to see like different things happening, like people wanting to win, like trying different methods to get there, Like Emily haven't played for a long time, so you come in here and you're like, fuck you guys, I'm trying to win. But she seems like.
Speaker 1: The interview and she did seem to really feel as like confused and her her only you know, I guess guess of what it could be, uh, seemed to be stemming from you all season of The Challenge Australia and wondering if there was something I see you giggling in so what okay clarify please did.
Speaker 2: So and I'm fine, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Care about anything of it, she said.
Speaker 1: It seems like she said she felt like she thought you guys would be cool going in. Although it's interesting saying that you guys didn't keep in touch in between seasons, because I feel like that's something that's.
Speaker 2: Usually the case with people you're especially.
Speaker 1: If you're going to a new show where you know there's only going to be four of you from that previous you know, season or thing or whatever. You typically kind of touch base just as like a hey, what's up. So it's interesting you guys didn't do that.
Speaker 2: But she was wondering if it was sort of like, you know, frustration because.
Speaker 1: She won the season, and if that were there was some underlying Now a niece's making faces too.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's the only one to sit here with the straight face.
Speaker 4: See stop it.
Speaker 2: See this is why we're never doing a show together, Devin, because you're.
Speaker 3: I'm paying the picture for everyone listening.
Speaker 2: Stop painting, Stop painting. Nobody's into paint right now, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I'm doing acrylics, so yes, Emily though, do you care to like touch it?
Speaker 3: Why do you think she had.
Speaker 1: That mindset going in? Or yeah? And what are your receipts?
Speaker 4: By the way, Yeah, well, I've got messages from Sarah and Danny who I had a conversation with Troy on Instagram. He said he was because Troy and Kiky both show throw shade to me on Insta like, Kiki posts a picture of like the most venom mistakes in Australia and I'm one of them. I don't know what snaky thing to that chick.
Speaker 2: But I'm sorry it makes a giggle. It's forty one. I think that's why it makes me good.
Speaker 4: It's fucking stupid, right, like grow up, like and then.
Speaker 2: To anyone, I'm just like, oh it just like it's a TV show.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 1: Wait, but hold on, Troy is doing shit. Little innocent quiet like.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, innocent Troy. Okay, have you ever had that guy? You've dated that guy and like maybe they like fucking feed it on you and they're like that guy, he's so nice, he's that guy date I'm not saying like a cheetah, but.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, you know that he's that type of person.
Speaker 2: So really interesting.
Speaker 4: Yes, Like I came in and he was like very first night, like we were in the house, me and Grant and he like he kind of like fucked us over in this gen season like and that's fine, Like I'm okay with that, like good gameplay. But then he comes on this season he was like, I'm gonna do everything I can to get you to the final and then he fucking throws me, So like what is it, Troy, Like help me get to the funnel. Are you gonna throw me in like I don't care, just like pick a fucking.
Speaker 2: Signere, Like yeah, yeah, but people love to play that game because it's it's something I wanted something to do. The house gets boring, but too, it's like trying to play both sides in that. You know, I want to I want to make sure you get to the ends, and I really am rooting for you. Yeah, but behind that, I also don't want you to get there because I don't know if I can beat you. But I'm not gonna say that because my egos in the way. So right now, I'm just gonna do whatever I need to do to stay in this house, and nobody fun with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then that's just it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just how it goes some people. But that's some people's gameplay. Definitely played the friendship role, so I get it.
Speaker 5: We also hadn't seen how it went down yet. We didn't see how it went down in the UK, and how it went down with Australia and how it went down with the previous challenges, so we don't know how they want. I don't know how keep you want. So they then I have to listen, and I got to learn from somebody and I got to listen to people, and different people are saying different things. So people are telling me, you know, you gotta watch out, you gotta watch out for Troy, and then people are telling Troy, oh, you gotta watch out for Emily, you got to watch out for Emily. And we're all going like, where's the facts, you know, show me the fact.
Speaker 2: That they can't eat an after show for this or like the ship you didn't see per episode four shows that we haven't seen, like an introductory thing, like we all need to watch each other's shows. Yeah, correct, correct, who these people really are. But when people show you who they are the first time, believe them, you know, yes.
Speaker 5: And one thing I do want to just say, Kiki, it has been Kiki is hella smart, Hella nice, makes amazing healthy food in the house, and it has been just the great company, well most of the time, except when like all of a sudden, I get surprised and she's just and she's just like, oh hell no, Emily does Emily that no, no, no, you're coming for you get all anxious.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's how she deals with stress, right, like different people do.
Speaker 5: And that's like a minority of the time. But you see that mostly but most.
Speaker 2: In the house. You know, it's really a thing. Everybody gets like that.
Speaker 1: After a while, we're getting into it. Okay, so before we go any further, hold on, we got to pay some bills, but then we'll be right back after this. Yes, how do you deal with stress in the house, because yes, you're so like easy going and chill and like, yeah, man, so how do you when you're at your most stress? And what does it look like for you in the challenge?
Speaker 2: Else?
Speaker 5: This was different. Every season is different. I kind of. I think I jumped into the mix a bit more this time, of course with Emily to her and I as a team. I think playing strategically and being more emotionally like at risk and engaging people, making all that all the jump I got, I got messy.
Speaker 2: Hands dirty, but you're not, I think different.
Speaker 3: No, No, we haven't seen the whole season yet.
Speaker 2: Oh I know that. But I also know my friend I feel like, you know, you have to keep like him and I talked to after the show, like sometimes you just have to adjust your gameplay. It just has to have like every game is different, you know you're gonna have different different.
Speaker 5: I'm different, other people are different, and so I don't know. I didn't I was stressed. Actually, I just wanted to win. I just was out to win. I was like, Emily, and.
Speaker 3: What did you do? Toss?
Speaker 1: We know, so last week Darrell let us know that he typically sits on the toilet with his notebook and writes down note but he does that anyway because that's too but that's how he decompresses. So I want to know from Yes and Emily, how do you guys, especially because the challenge house is a pressure cooker, how do you guys decompress and in your most stressful moments in the house, like, how does it manifest itself?
Speaker 5: I wound up going out, I check out the view. I try to keep a high level perspective. We're in a beautiful, beautiful place.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: A lot of times stress comes from being too overly focused on a certain issue or a personal thing. So I go get out and try to appreciate where I am and talk to other people who bring bring their heart rate down. You know, there's certain people in the house that do that really well when you talk to them and have a great conversation, so that's refreshing. I rely on the group too, the group can stress you, but the group can also distress you if you choose your conversations wisely.
Speaker 3: What about you in.
Speaker 4: I think for me it was just a matter of like kind of like just sitting in my bed and just I did a lot of psudokias. I know everyone might fucking doing sidokus.
Speaker 2: But there's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I just I just just stayed in my own head and just relaxed. Like that was it for me. Like live like alone, So for me, like going in there living with so many people and like I don't drink, Like I don't like go out and party and all that. So that's hard for me because like I just don't in my everyday life, and lots of people like they stay up late and they party and they bring it back the house, and then for me, it's just a matter of like putting myself to bed and like being okay with like missing out on that. Like a lot of conversations happen like when people are drunk, and I just yeah they are, Yeah, I don't. I don't get involved in that. So in the mornings and like when I wake up is when like I start conversations because I miss so much when I'm not drinking and not partying with everyone.
Speaker 5: Well, Emily also would ask for me math problems in her notebook, and Emily was learning some common.
Speaker 3: Like random people problem.
Speaker 2: I would square plus minus five, quadratic equations, quadratical. I love that it's really creative plus or minus the.
Speaker 5: Square negative plus of so over four.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. No, it's not, that's that's wrong. Whatever, it doesn't really matter. But I will say Emily, there's nothing worse than not being able to finish your Sudoku when you're in a house like that. Though you can't just leave it like, you have to work on it. So it is one of the more frustrating places to do it because you're trying over and over again to figure out something and it's not like you can put it down, like go for a walk or go to the store whatever. You then become fixated. I've definitely done it where I fucked up the whole thing all the bus and it's just awful.
Speaker 3: Those challenge buses.
Speaker 1: So something that clearly didn't look like it frustrated you, guys, it actually quite excited you, guys. Was when you read Stalemate when you were sitting in the like winners room. So can you tell us what was the buzz going on in the house at the time, Like, did you anticipate that was gonna happen? Had you been hearing what everyone was plotting? Was it's a surprise for you? Walk us through kind of what we didn't see.
Speaker 4: I think for us it was just a matter of vike estalemate meant that we could do whatever puck we wanted and we were happy with that, Like there was there was no like no one's opinions in it, Like there wasn't just two names to call out. We could call out anyone we wanted, like we had free reign to call out anyone. So for us, it was just like okay, shit, like we have so much power, like the winner that was.
Speaker 1: A possibility though, Or did you like, like you know, because sometimes it seems like things leak a little bit, right and the winners kind of know that, like, oh, this is what people were talking about, and then sometimes it seems like the winners have no idea. So did you guys have an inclination or was this like a Christmas gift for you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I think we definitely asked for it.
Speaker 5: M hmmm, Yeah, yeah, we asked for it. I mean, it's wild when you win. This was tough because when you win, you don't get a vote. When you use, you don't get a vote, right, So and every vote matters and it swings the way the powerships in the House. Just one vote matters, and so we won. We didn't get a vote, so we're a little bit worried. But then we get the super vote, you get the stalemate. That's like the super votes. We did ask for it because then it also gives us we're in the good graces hopefully of Durrell and Kiki because we can ask them who they want and actually help assure that they're here.
Speaker 1: Interesting, So was that actually your thought process?
Speaker 3: That's interesting? Does Keiki know that before she posted the snake picture? Did she know that, you guys were hoping she posted.
Speaker 4: That very early, but we tried to help her on that challenge. Yes, if you remember, like like, I don't know what we've guessed before, and I was like, I can tell you, like I saw what you guessed before, like, and we're trying to give them the answer without obviously like we've won, we don't want to lose it. But we were trying to give them the answer like if there was like ever like an olive branch that we were helping them. It was right then, But like she got out of the house and Grant told me that she messaged him like pretty much shared away and said that I threw her in, and I was like, I was like, I think I told yes that, And I was like, yes, she came last like I can't help you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a tough decision. Yeah, well for me it was a tough decision. I remember, just because it was is it Jordan and Kaz going against Derell and Kiki or is it going to be you know, or is it gonna is it gonna be Casey you know? And and uh Troy. And then so for you, you were like, it's Troy, it's Troy. Come on, it's Troy with Troy in we got to do this. And I was like, great, let's go, you know, let's go off your lead.
Speaker 2: So you're saying that you'll take KICKI over.
Speaker 4: Troy, I'll take Kiki over troyd.
Speaker 1: Okay, Then well I feel like that's progress. I feel like we've made in a relationship.
Speaker 2: We're going to be mending so many fensis we are. You're not going to be an It's going to be a snake with like a princess crown on it, Yeah, like a pretty one.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'm sorry. I don't think I'm gonna like forgive that though, like I'm sorry. There's just like I feel like there's too much. Like the way she talks about me is in her interviews sometimes is like a bit much like she beat me in that very first like challenge and the one the laps around the stadium, and I was winning, like me and Sarah were like thirty minutes ahead of like anyone else coming. And then you know, she put that flag in and I was there trying to put that flag in. I don't know if you remember, yes, but like I tried so many times to put that in and everyone.
Speaker 5: Got it on so many times. Yeah, so many times, Sarah too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then the way that she just says, you know, I just beat Emily an Olympian again, and I was like, well, I'm not a fucking Olympian Olympian flag putting lift, Yeah, fucking wima, Like if you want to say you beat an olympian, writes me in the pool, and then tell me you beat me, but don't tell me that.
Speaker 2: You beat happening. This is how you handle it the next time you go on a show, if you're both gonna be there, I would just dress up as a snake. I would have snake shirts, I would have snake hats. Just do dumb shit like it. You make it laughable and then it just becomes a joke, like, well, that's how I handle things, is a joke.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like deep down, you guys, all all of you being so innocent, Like we get people on this show who definitely you can kind of feel the heat hand or venom, but literally all four of you, Troy included, and I know you said he has low key like he could potentially be cheater vibes.
Speaker 3: This is potentially. This is not saying it actually happen.
Speaker 2: But all four of you have like such a little like.
Speaker 3: Light, sunshiny thing about you.
Speaker 1: So the idea of any of you guys being absolutely abhor is just it's a little hard. It's you know, not to dismiss your feelings, but like you all seem like we'd give a hug to any one of you and not like runaway.
Speaker 2: Speak for yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, basically you all seem nice with an Anissa, and so I.
Speaker 3: Get more hugs than you do.
Speaker 2: I'm actually a big hug.
Speaker 3: Hug.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you guys are happy about the stalemate and now you're gunning for Troy. So, based on what you've shared with us so far in this interview, it sounds like the majority of that decision was Troy based, meaning you guys wanting to get out Troy and less of Casey. Or was it kind of an equal thing of we want to just completely target and annihilate both of them.
Speaker 2: Why annihilate? Why that word we'll get rid of?
Speaker 5: I don't like, I know, we knew they were coming for us one. They were coming for us and they'll even they'll do it. We just knew we had no ground to gain with the two of them at all. That that that we were not close. I talked to Troy a bunch, but it was just like it was just talking about life and regular stuff. But like we Yeah, it was I don't I don't trust them one bit and they don't trust us. It's okay. We just had an open rivalry.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Interesting, And when did that start? And why? Well, I mean the Casey part of it all.
Speaker 1: You kind of explained the Troy thing, but like, when did you two become.
Speaker 3: Enemy teams?
Speaker 5: I don't know if there's like a moment, Yeah, there is, there's a moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do you remember when we were sitting on the table and this is when I was off a bat off about Troy. It was Ben Ben started the motion where he said, Troy across the table, you're at the bottom of the Aussies.
Speaker 3: Oh, I remember that.
Speaker 2: He definitely said.
Speaker 4: That, And that was when the crack and Troy started and Casey was already on us then. So we were like when they both came to fuck, this is just like there's no way that's ever going to work. And like we if they were willing to like make some sort of deal with us, maybe we would have hurt them out, but they weren't willing to do anything. Got yeah, and we were.
Speaker 5: Like I fired the first shot and it was it was I mean, we we had words. I mean they fired that shot. They peeled. It was Casey and Ben peeling off Amber and Troy by any means necessary. And I don't think it was right. I think it was I mean, it's a strategic gameplay. That's fine, but like we weren't. It was completely fabricated, completely fabricated.
Speaker 3: Wait now you're saying Casey was coming for Amber again.
Speaker 5: No, she was Casey. It was Casey and Ben trying to get Troy and Amber out of Team.
Speaker 3: Australia to oh like out of the a lot.
Speaker 5: Trying to get them to think that Team Australia is against them, so.
Speaker 3: They would say, gotcha, gotcha.
Speaker 5: You can't trust it, yes, and you can't trust Austra but that ain't true. Team Australia was tate talk until.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of talk on.
Speaker 5: This until yeah, we had a lot of time to talk until Ben and Casey wound up, wound up and trying to start something.
Speaker 4: Yeah it work, Yeah, and that whole nomination happened like we I me yes, Troy, Danny Jody, Well, we were in a room before that nomination started, maybe like ten minutes before it started. We had a plan. We're like, okay, this is what we're going to trifle. We might not get it, but let's just fucking try. And then we go upstairs. We go upstairs to do the walk down for the fucking camera and in that two minutes that we did a walk down. I saw Ben whispered Amber, who whispered to Troy and I said, I turned to Yes, I said, it's going to be us.
Speaker 1: Mmm.
Speaker 4: I had a feeling like he flipped it so fucking quick, and Amber and Troy can both s and yes, we're trying to put us in. But that was that. There was never any footage of that. If that was the plan, the cameras would have got it, because that would have been good fucking footage. But we never fucking said it, gotcha.
Speaker 3: It was just being being messy.
Speaker 5: Security.
Speaker 2: I wish we could organize the podcast where we could ask people after we found out certainty, so we could just just drill on and just ask them all of these because it would have been helpful for the better interview to have this kind of information, to ask better what was that that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean then was a mean or anything? He wasn't me and he's talking about his thing, and you know, we want this to be a safe space for everybody to talk about their side of things. But it's so interesting to find out all the other stuff.
Speaker 5: They came out hard. Now, they came out hard because Team Australia was strong. We were four teams deep and well I know mm hmm yeah.
Speaker 2: This season honey and Danny and Sarah, Wait, we got to talk about your best friend real quick, Sarah. Really, Sarah and Danny were on a mission too, Like you guys were really adamant about certain people that you did not want there and for certain people. Do you think how Sarah and Danny were like coming together. I know you were kind of part of that, but they were like really in cahoots. Do you think what they were doing so far as is productive? Do you think it's working? Do you think it's messy?
Speaker 4: Look, I got on really well with Sarah, and people can say whatever they want about me and that I'm backstabby and that I go against people whatever, But when I say I've got you're back, I've got you back. Like me, Sarah, Danny and Grant we had a plan like we were Look, we were writing for each other and for me, like I'm going to stick with that, like no matter what's happening, Like Danny never said my name, like and there were times where Danny could have been the vote that drew me in on like I don't know, yes, how many three different occasions where we were up phenomination and they.
Speaker 5: Danny came to bat for us multiple times.
Speaker 3: Oh we saw it, we heard.
Speaker 2: Do you think that if I just want to, you know, not play David's advocate, but I just I just want to pick it something really quick. I'm just curious. So what if all of a sudden Danny was like, you know what I don't want? Yes, and you guys already have your thing the guest comes for So it's like, how Danny feels. Okay, maybe I freeze up incorrectly. How Danny and Tori are about Jordan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, if.
Speaker 2: Emily and Yes came in the game and she had somebody else to protect, you know what I mean? Like yeah, yeah, you say you go to bat for people. So like if you had this agreement with Danny, I'd have to shut that ship down for your for your partner partner, would you do?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I mean I guess like I was lucky. Me and Yes talked all the time as much as people want to come on podcasts. Yes had no idea what I was planning. Yes knew everything that we were planning because we planned it together. Like I might have been like more of the uh maybe, and maybe that's why people think it was only me doing the like like you know, working.
Speaker 1: But that's a good balance. I feel like you need that. You can't have everyone be loud and in everyone's face. Like it's a good not that you're in everyone's face, but you know what I mean, Like you need one partner that flies under the radar a little bit because maybe, yes, then it's privy to conversations that aren't said around you or whatever else.
Speaker 3: Like I think that works as like a good partnership.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred percent, Like I think that, Yeah, we had I was kind of like the one that would talk to Sarah, Sarah and Danny like lots OFCs. I was involved with pretty much, even though I'm I'm not like they're sometimes in the camera angle. I was pretty much there most of the conversations apart from the one last night or the other day. I'm losing focus of when the episodes.
Speaker 2: Are blurring together today.
Speaker 4: Contract the contract, Oh.
Speaker 1: When they broke when they wrote on the dry race board, Yeah that was last week.
Speaker 5: That Yeah, I know I saw that that was on your bed. They were sitting on your bed, Emily, Yeah, yeah, they were.
Speaker 1: Question did Sarah then tell you after because obviously she struggled with that decision, so did she immediately afterwards come and tell you guys, Hey, this is what I agreed to.
Speaker 3: Here is the plan. Hopefully you guys win so we don't have to do it, so.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent, so I knew. So even though I'm not there for all the conversations, Sarah would always fill me in on what was happening and what was going on. She goes, it's a fucking white board, like it means nothing, Like I just signed my name on a whiteboard. She was making jokes about it, and then I think like then we saw it was water and I was like, oh fuck, yeah, this couldn't be any better. And then we won that challenge, and I think the first thing Jordan said was like I just got survived, and I was like, yeah, survivor bit yeah.
Speaker 2: Really do you think that Sarah would have followed through?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Because Sarah, you know, usually kind of states that she too, like you, Emily, is someone that you can.
Speaker 2: Take her at her word, right, So like if she says.
Speaker 1: She's going to do something, she's going to do something. So do you think in the event you guys didn't win and Jordan and Kas had one. Do you think she would have stood by what she agreed to with that group or do you think she would have shit, you know, gone back on her promise to them and protected you, to.
Speaker 4: Be honest, like they probably if Jordan and has one, and like I don't know who would have been in the bottom then, Like, but I just don't think they would have had the numbers maybe to do it. Like if Toy and Danny and Sarah and THEO did not get the answer, they would not have come where they came, like Kiki and Derell might not have come last.
Speaker 5: So like, I just appreciate that you. I trust Sarah, and I trust you, and I trust Danny, and I know that y'all are in the in the downstairs with all the MVPs, you know, doing the calculus down there, Survivor style, Olympic style, whatever you want to call it. But it wasn't a normal like challenge way. I feel like it was very very smart and careful. And just to backtrack a little on our decision making, we always just decided things together. We're always a team. You and I share decisions. We don't keep each other in the dark. Are doing weird. I mean, that was the coolest thing. Our communication is great. I take full responsibility for every vote we made, just as you do too. You know, I thought that was cool. You know, I think that's good.
Speaker 1: That's real teamwork and I love you all team dynamic. But to go back to that point really quick, though, Sarah put herself in a really tricky position right, like, because part of that whole playing straightforward game is and probably the thing that Danny is fighting for with Toy is like, you can't promise everyone everything because at some point you've got to you know, you're gonna you might be back up against a corner.
Speaker 3: And so she willingly put her like.
Speaker 1: Yes, it worked out beautifully for you guys, because Emily's an Olympian.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's an amazing partner. And it happened to be a water challenge day.
Speaker 1: But it very easily even on that day, since you guys even said it was second to part between Jordan and Kaz, could have not been that case, in which case she would have had to break a promise to someone or just gone back on her word to someone. And I wonder how that would have like, would you have if she had come to you em and said, you know what, I agreed to do this. I know it's a whiteboored intodumb and it's probably a race by now, but like I said, I would do this, I'm gonna have to say your name. Would you have been okay with that because she was upfront? Or would you been a little upset?
Speaker 4: I think I would have been upset just because of how I was playing the game. I think for me, like I wasn't making any other promises with anyone, Like the only promise I ever made was to Sarah and to Danny and to Grant. When Grant was there, like it was my number one, Like I know that Sarah's number one was Danny, so like when it was us left in the game, I knew at one, like at some point that like if Grant was still in and it was between Grant and Sarah, like I was gonna.
Speaker 3: Have you to Grant. Yeah I get what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we we both from the very beginning said who our number one was. And I knew her number one was and I knew like mine, she knew mine was Grant, and unfortunately Grant like got injured and went home. But like if Grant was still there. He would have been my first pick, so I knew that, but obviously, like it's still fucking hurts when like, of course you've someone really hard and then like they might go and vote for you, like that's yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: They mentioned it too when I talked to Dan and I talked to Sarah. I mean they talked about though, at the end of like, hey, when the end, we got to pull the ripcord, you know, we pull the ripcord, you know, like if if something blows up or some shit goes down, it goes down, you know.
Speaker 1: Because you guys are getting far in the game and at a certain point the game, at that point it's a fair fight.
Speaker 5: It's a scramble. Yeah, yeah, then it's a fair fight, and it's you.
Speaker 2: Know, there's no hurt feelings. It's kind of like it's you were me and it's not going to be me. So I got to play. You just got to play the game. And I think you guys are playing a good game so far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I love hearing your.
Speaker 1: Strategy here because if we don't get to see as much of your strategy on the show, or like hear it as much, I mean we saw, Emily, you proposed to Sarah and we saw, but we didn't really get to see yours strategy. So it's cool hearing all the thought and conversations and things that are going on.
Speaker 2: It's the only fuck up, Emily, That's the only part where I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, that's relationships still doing?
Speaker 3: Are you still married?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Technically maybe, like we have to find that. I wanted to declare our divorce. Yeah, yeah, No. I digriaged out to both Jordan and Tory, like I felt shitty about that, Like I don't know, like me personally, I watched that and I got an awkward feeling, and I messaged them both and like just like said, hey, like I didn't mean any disrespect to like the relationship that you had, Like I know that was like very very real for both of you, and like that's not what my intention was in doing that, Like it was just a matter of means era being like just because we've just met doesn't mean that our relationship doesn't mean anything too right.
Speaker 5: Right, And that's what every legend is up against. And that's why I was just chilling with y'all. I felt like part of your team, you know, hanging out with the legends downstairs, because the Legends are up against relationships that are five, ten, fifteen, and twenty years old and deep, and so the Legends need to find a way to build that support with each other fast and to see them do that quickly is really special because they don't have all that history together. So I don't know, I just thought it was good. And I felt more like a fresh person in the scene than an old school person who played the game twenty times with Johnny and Wes and Jordan, so in a way, I felt I felt I related to them a lot in that way, which was cool. And then we tried to play the game towards the end of this episode, you know, we tried to play the game. We'll jump in and say, oh what happened was is that, you know, we get this stalemate? So okay, well we got to make some moves. We're gonna do ye. Drell says, I want Jordan. He told me, I want Jordan.
Speaker 3: You want Jordan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get that redemption for that last one that they had against each other.
Speaker 5: Mm yeah, And he says I want Jordan. And I'm like, okay, well, well let's talk. Emi and I are going to talk and then I was like, well, if we're doing Troy, then I'll just let's make a deal with Jordan. Just say, hey, Jordan, we won't throw you in, you know if if you don't say our name, we won't throw you in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And he's like, well I can't wait, Okaya roll back.
Speaker 5: He's like, I cannot say your name.
Speaker 1: So Darrell says he wants Jordans and you take that and go light bulb, Let's go make a deal with Jordan.
Speaker 3: So then you go to Jordan and go, hey, man, next week, how about this.
Speaker 1: We scratched your back, you scratch ours, and we're just throwing Troy anyway?
Speaker 3: Is that Did I hear that right? Or am I?
Speaker 2: I was like, hey, Era, there were a lot of the same thing this episode.
Speaker 3: I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about, Yes, the the then man, Yes, a little messy.
Speaker 5: Yes I'm not Mary, but no, watch and learn.
Speaker 3: What you say him.
Speaker 4: We did go to Troy and Casey too like and spoke to them about like what they were thinking, and they were just they said, like straight up to our face, they were like we just we can't make any deals. And we were like okay, cool, Like at least we know where we stand.
Speaker 3: So interesting, okay.
Speaker 1: So they got nothing to offer the opportunity and they were like no, okay, and then.
Speaker 5: Jordan says, I don't have a vote to offer you. He said, I can't. He's like, already made too many promises. I can't not say your name. So it was Jordan's idea. He goes, you know what, I'll just if you got you know, if if if you guys are in first and if I'm in second, then you can you can keep first, Like that's the only thing I can offer you. And I'm like, okay, let's find that sounds weird, but that's sound okay, that's fine. So he's like, if you guys are want to be in first place, then you know, then I don't have to say your name. He's like, get first?
Speaker 1: Is it this agreement you guys have with Jordan? Is it specifically for the next challenge only?
Speaker 5: Like? Is there any I knew it's the last challenge? We know it's the last challenge, and so this is it. This is punching our ticket to the final right here.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So that's a big him to say, Oh, that's a big to say we won't take first, if you guys are just ahead of us, that's a big get like.
Speaker 5: That, that's a big ass promise made, and you might want to see how it comes out.
Speaker 3: So we want to see.
Speaker 1: We want to see just saying and I'm gonna be texting you guess and be like, wait a minute, now what you said last week? I want that's a big give.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 5: So I didn't now that though he offered it. I just said he if you don't say my name is like I want, I want to throw you in today if you don't say our name in the next in the next, the next challenge.
Speaker 2: He's like, well, did kas need to be present for that?
Speaker 1: Because this goes back to a lot of what we saw in this episode with the debate yea, everything that's talking about about like we're equal partners and blah blah blah. And so we just see a quick glimpse in the like preview for next week where it looks like it's YouTube and Jordan talking cats is there.
Speaker 5: There and I and I appreciate and support all all of that she brings to that team, and oh for sure, she tried to highlight what a badass she is throughout the entire challenge because she deserves all of the attach This.
Speaker 3: Is a yeah, I agreed. Cool. Oh this is so good. You guys are so fun and interesting.
Speaker 1: I feel almost as refreshed as if I had gone for a swim with Emily, except less defeated, because I feel like I would feel if I swim with her drown I know how to swim, would drown lapsed.
Speaker 2: Seventy five, She'd be swimming like a five thousand.
Speaker 1: Meter I'm just I go up my own page. Did we learn nothing from when I did the final last?
Speaker 3: Nope, I go back.
Speaker 1: But I still feel refreshing in the pool with an Olympian. But this conversation has been fun and refreshing too.
Speaker 3: Is there anything.
Speaker 1: Without giving away any spoilers before we go, is there any like tidbit we should keep our or just any person just give us a name we should keep our eyes on for the manner of the season. Just like just say a name. You don't have to give us context, just for you all's game. Is there someone we should keep our eye on? Maybe they did something that surprised you coming up, or maybe they you know, you guys get everybody.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's about to be a free for all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, it's about to be a free for all. This is where it turns. This is where every deal you've made and every little conversation you had over the many weeks you've been living together comes to a head and you either you either stand behind your word or you make up some weird excuses and you.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's gonna be some weird excuse episode.
Speaker 5: Definitely it's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, Yeah, I can see some weird excuses. Yeah, misunderstood what I said. No I did, and we already watched.
Speaker 4: I think watch the relationships because that's that's where the ship happens. Like, the relation is where ship gets.
Speaker 3: Oh this is interesting, very interesting. I'm excited. This is fun.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited to see what happens and uh watch how you guys play it all plays out, and I feel just enlightened hearing you all side of things is really just painting a much bigger picture around the you know, dissolution of Team Australia.
Speaker 2: This was a big still in the blank episode for me. It really was podcast for me. I was like, oh, I didn't know about that, didn't know about that. I didn't know about that either.
Speaker 5: Our backs were against the wall the whole time we're fighting with our I mean, we weren't out there taking names and you know, trying to trying to blow things up. We were trying to keep it, keep it smooth, and keep it cool.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah from the other side that that Grant got injured and went home. We were the vote every single fucking week, and we took our way out of being the nominated pair by working with people to not get us to be thrown in. But our name was said was like the rumor going around house. Our name was said every week, like on the bus when we would come home from challenges. Kellyan was doing the news to get us to be voted in and each week I.
Speaker 5: Never felt like that before. It's weird. I know other people get it, but like and it happens to them, but I never felt like that, where like people are whispering about you in the same room like multiple days, multiple times. I don't know. I mean, it's fine. I mean it's part of the game. I guess it's how it goes.
Speaker 2: And they prove them wrong and then you get first where you got and how sweet.
Speaker 3: It is, like look at that, so good?
Speaker 1: Well, for those who want to keep up with you, and you know the evolution you guys are making in this season, especially you messy. Yes, where can they follow you on social media? What's the best way for people to keep taps on you guys, Emily?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that you me co ac fast every time. Mine's pretty easy. It's just at a m C B O m B S the MC bomb on everything.
Speaker 3: Love it. And what about you?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm yes on everything. Yeah, you are all one word yes on everything. So I hope we get to play together again. I hope we get to kick some ass together again. Emily, it was it was so it was just what every day was fun to jump into the fray, whether it's a social game, whether it's just you know, working out, or whether it's just trying to strategize. And then especially the competition. I love the level of competition on this Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Watching you guys. That was so instanc Yeah. Well we have the same we have the same mindset. I mean I really like being on this side of the side of the screen this time, like, not involved it at all, really look at it for what it is. Yeah, and be I've been quite unbiased this season.
Speaker 1: You have.
Speaker 3: I'm very proud of you, Niani, you have. It's good. She's making yes right up the face too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Yes knows my face. Yes, be like Anissa, don't say it and I would just look. But I was right about a lot of people. I just was not allowed to say things because Yes keeps me here and then we hug and then I make faces again, and it's perfect. I never have to say anything with him. But I'm really happy you guys took time out of your day. I know how early it is over there, Emily, so thank you. Oh good, And it was very nice to meet you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so wonderful. And what part of Oz are you in now?
Speaker 4: I'm in Brisbane, gotcha.
Speaker 2: Such a far flight, but enough drugs and booze. It is a bottle of red wine first class and I'll see there.
Speaker 4: Yeah perfect.
Speaker 2: I'm well, thank god I'm not swimming there or you'd never ever see real.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was you're the You're the best teammate, Emily, And I hope you know, if we can ride again, that would be amazing. If if we get to, if we're on a challenge again, that would be amazing. It would not be amazing if I ever have to go against you in any anything.
Speaker 3: It'd be interesting watch you guys.
Speaker 5: Then I'm not playing.
Speaker 1: Then you guys will be in that situation that some of the other uh you know, legends or MVPs or whatever, I get the mixed up.
Speaker 3: But you'll be in that where you guys have built such a strong.
Speaker 1: Bond and now you're on the other side of things, and how do you navigate that. It'll be really interesting to watch, and of course we'll be here on the podcast talking about it.
Speaker 3: But thank you.
Speaker 1: Guys so much for making the time, and we wish you luck in the remainder of the season. We cannot wait to see how it plays out. I'm definitely going to be taking a magnifying glass to you all social strategy now that I know it's so multifaceted and that there's hints of messy yes coming out.
Speaker 2: Stop knowing that I don't want to stay, I don't care I get to, so we need to know that's different.
Speaker 3: No, I get to. I but I love seeing it all.
Speaker 1: And thank you guys so much, and uh, good luck next week.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you, thank you Anissa, thank you, Devin, good to hang with you, Emily.
Speaker 4: Be hanging with you.
Speaker 5: Yes, Hey, I miss hanging out. We spend a lot of time strategizing and when working together and oh, it's just it's fun that that's just a crazy you know if I do you know, if I ever did the challenge again, I have another partner, There's are going to have to endure the fact that I'm like, well, when I was with Emily, I know, next start.
Speaker 6: I feel bad.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I told y'all that was a great interview with Emily, and yes, I am so excited to keep watching them.
Speaker 3: Nini, how do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: Me too? I cannot wait for next week's episode. Like just when you think like I've seen everything I could see out of these people, mm hmm, I'm gonna be sadly mistaken. And I know that there are more surprises to come, and I cannot wait.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be so exciting.
Speaker 1: Now for those in the meantime who want some extra surprises and want to go follow you on social media to see what you're up to you, where can they best find you.
Speaker 2: The surprises? If I ever post, you can find me at Anissa MTV A N E. E. S. A MTV on Instagram. That's the only place that I reside. Devin, Please name all of the things and places people can find you, support you, follow you, watch you.
Speaker 1: You can do all the things. You can find me on Instagram Devin Simone. That's Devin with the y Simone with an I. You can also go to my website, devinsmone dot com and if you scroll to the bottom, you will see all my social handles on TikTok, Twitter, I tweet back, so feel free to message me let me know your thoughts on the scheming that we heard about on today's episode.
Speaker 3: You can follow me on Amazon.
Speaker 1: We do live streams and shout outs there, so you can type in Devin Simone's gift closet and Google, or just go to my Instagram and click on the link and bio and that'll take you there too. And then once you've done all of that all right, once you've hung out and befriended us, and we're so glad that you're part of this challenge.
Speaker 3: Fam. If you like this episode, why don't you rate and review us on.
Speaker 1: Spotify and Apple Podcasts, Tell a friend, tweet some people, send the link, say it and read it all the things.
Speaker 3: We appreciate it so much. And then after you've done that, what should they do? Anisa?
Speaker 2: Yes, after you do that, please catch do episodes of The Challenge World Chantapionship Wednesday on Paramount Plus.
Speaker 3: And then after that we'll see you right back here next week for a brand new episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast. Hopefully I'll be done packing by then.