Speaker 1: This is Kentucky Sports Radio, present it by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: Welcome everyone. It is Kentucky Sports Radio. Wednesday, March the nineteenth. It is Wingsday here at the KS Bar and Grill, the day before the start of the best four days of basketball, maybe the best four days of sports all year. You can give a shout Clark's pumpin chop full line eight five nine two eighth twenty two eighty seven. A vision Auto glass text machine is seven seven two four five two five four in this disan sponsored by the TJ. Smith Lovas you called TJ. He'll make them pay. We are here this morning dollar wings all day. Uh. Somebody said sent to me yesterday and said, Matt, why don't you do that throughout the tournament? And I said, because that would be stupid, because that would be that's when we actually need to have people, you know, spend real money. But on Wingsday you can get it. Uh. We got some folks here this morning. This guy uh grew up in Lexton, now he lives in California. We got some people here from Columbus. We got my Michael's sitting over there. It's an exciting.
Speaker 4: Morning, and it all tipped off last night. Man, at that time of year, we all get excited don't go to work and Wulston, why not come here?
Speaker 3: You don't go to work any day?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm working really hard at the moment. This is my hard working job at the moment.
Speaker 3: I bet we'll find that you didn't work. Last night, we were getting in the car at one o'clock and we are leaving Drew for Milwaukee. You know, I was sitting there thinking, Okay, do I know someone that lives in Milwaukee? And I was like, you know, my arm's from Milwaukee, but otherwise I don't think I know anyone that lives in Milwaukee. And then it occurred to me when I got a text message last night that every single one of my bosses at ESPN lives in Milwaukee. And the ESPN Milwaukee actually kind of runs ESPN Radio now, and so we actually now know a lot of people in Milwaukee. It's classic Mario. By the way, how nice Mario is that I take him up there? I go to my boss's house at ESPN Milwaukee. Right. It's an amazing house. We talked about it. The Milwaukee Bucks floor is in his house. Yeah, not in the garage, in the house. It's crazy. He like lives up on the lake, et cetera. And it occurred to me that I don't have anyone that works their's phone number. But one of the guys texted me last night and he goes, so I've been texting with Mario. Mario got my bosses at ESPN's phone number, and somehow I didn't, which just tells you how Mario.
Speaker 5: Doesn't shock me. He's a people person. I'm sure he was there doing a little networking on the side.
Speaker 3: He's just over there just grabbing phone numbers. And I have no way of even getting in touch with these people. So we'll go through Mario to go see. I think Mario is the connection.
Speaker 4: I think someday Mario is going to be our bosses, our boss. He'll be our everybody's boss.
Speaker 3: You think, yeah, well, he will not be mine, but he could be yours.
Speaker 4: He may own ESPN at some point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does well. He certainly has all their phone numbers to start. But we leave today. It's about a seven hour drive. They say, go up through Chicago. It's light work for us. Oh dude, that's nothing. We've driven thirteen fourteen hours, seven hours, will be there late tonight and then do the show there tomorrow and then go I'm excited. You know Thursday and Saturday, Saturday, we will have nothing to do. I was trying to think, when's the last when's the last Saturday I've had nothing to do? It probably goes back to August and we will get that Saturday, which I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, in our car will have our assigned seats that we keep throughout the entire trip. You drive the whole way. We pee when you pee, we eat when.
Speaker 3: We say that. You say that every single time. That's true.
Speaker 4: I got to make sure we pee before we leave because we will see a couple of hours.
Speaker 3: At some point. It would be it would be nice if you recognized how old you are. You could say, we use the bathroom when you use the bathroom. Like you. He's just always so graphic and childish every single time.
Speaker 5: That's already a square on my road trip. Bingo card Ryan making that comment. I'll check that one off. Yeah, I'm excited, though, I got it packed this morning. I got to Chaos Barton nine. There's my suitcase.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to rock. You're ready to go. You already already packed. We had a breakfast next door. That means you may you're not packed. Listen, you're never waiting on me. This is always the same thing. Here's a shock. Would you like to guess who were always waiting on Ryan? It's always like, you're never waiting on me. Well, we're gonna be fine. Even today.
Speaker 4: You gotta wait on me a little bit. I gotta run back and let my dogs out.
Speaker 3: My dogs. Son's got like it's it's always something. It's always some drama. So you're gonna pee when your dog's pee, definitely, just get in your car and go. He's the old man that we always have to wait on.
Speaker 5: Well, what's Mark Stoop's old line? G sitting on oh, ready to go something like that when he got hired.
Speaker 3: That's me. They're ready to be packed up. We'll go wherever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what he told Mitch Barnhart. I'm sitting on G waiting on O or something like that. Actually, now that you say that, I think that's true.
Speaker 3: Dude. Do you think we're gonna be sitting on a W or an I n this year at all? In football? Maybe two? Maybe three?
Speaker 4: Uh say By Toledo first.
Speaker 3: So the basketball, uh started last night. The games in Lexington is just telling these guys, are you all gonna go to any of the games in Lexington? The day session tomorrow, you know, tickets are not bad, but the night session literally it's like six dollars. I mean part of it is most of these other regional sites, like the one We're going to have like fifteen thousand seats and this has twenty twenty one. But there are seats for that night session in Lexington tomorrow night six dollars. So I don't understand how Kentucky fans wouldn't just go and just boo Tennessee the.
Speaker 4: Entire time, right because there's gonna be a lot of orange in there, So why not buy these tickets and wear some blue to the game.
Speaker 3: And there's probably a lot of Tennessee fans who are like, I'll go Saturday, but I'm not gonna drive all the way up there just to see him play Wafford. So I actually think the Saturday seats, if Louisville wins and you get Auburn Louisville and Tennessee, those actually might be more difficult seats. But I think on Thursday. It won't. If you're just a fan of college basketball you want to go watch the NCAA Tournament, I'm not sure how much you know how much cheaper it's ever gonna get.
Speaker 5: Driving through downtown, I did see Tennessee fans already in our restaurants.
Speaker 3: I saw the Tennessee US.
Speaker 5: It's parked right next to the Louisville bus. Seeing that by Rupparina was an ugly sight. But they're already, They're already starting to take over downtown.
Speaker 3: Lectionson saw the Auburn bus. Let mean, let me tell you something cool. If you're just looking for a kind of a neat little story. You may have watched last night the Alabama State Was it Saint Francis? Is? That who they played?
Speaker 4: Francis?
Speaker 3: I didn't think I'd get that much into it. I also was very surprised. You know, when I was a kid, I couldn't even get my parents. I mean, they would watch the games, but they didn't really care. Whereas like I knew the schedule of every game. Maybe my mom would watch it when she'd walk in. Larry would watch most of them, but it like wasn't a priority to them. Sports was not a big thing in my family except for me. Right last night, I'm sitting at home and I get a text message from my mom that says, did you know there's an Alabama State player from Morristown, Tennessee? And I thought, well, first of all, no, I did not know that. But secondly, I cannot believe my mom is so into the tournament that she's looking up the biographies of the players. You know, Morristown, Tennessee is like forty five minutes for Middlesborough, so that's why she cared. But Drew. It does feel like to me the tournament is kind of I mean, it's always big here, but I think it's kind of back nationally a little bit. The ratings for the selection show were like the highest since COVID. I don't know if you saw the Big Ten championship game, which of course people watch waiting for the got like its highest rating since twenty ten or something like that. It does feel like college basketball kind of got its groove back this year. We're back.
Speaker 5: I've had I think everyone I know has sent me a bracket pool telling me to get in those. Everyone's always into that, but that's add the excitement. I was a little bombed last night. I have money on will there be a buzzer beater in the tournament? And that went in with zero point seven seconds. But that was still an exciting first game to kick things off. What do you think you can't ask for a better finish?
Speaker 3: It was like the lightner play was no one could catch the ball? Yes it was.
Speaker 4: They did put somebody on the inbounds guy. I saw that didn't help, didn't help throw it up as like the hell Mary and an end zone in a college football game where it kind of gets goes through everybody's hands and some guy just waiting here at the end to catch it.
Speaker 3: So if you decide to go to the games down here, what I thought was cool was when the when the game was over, okay, so I was waiting for the second game to start. So there's a channel CBS Sports Network. What they're doing during the tournament is just showing like the press conferences. Okay, so like you can watch Kentucky's. So if you see online that Kentucky's press conference before or after the game is at a time, it'll be on the CBS Sports Network. So I turned it over there and Alabama State was having their postgame press conference and I was like, oh, I'll watch it. I like when people win. I think it's kind of I like watching people celebrate. It's kind of like a happy thing. The coach was talking about the game and then they said, Okay, you're gonna go play Auburn, which is just forty five minutes away from Alabama, like they haven't played since like two thousand and nine, but they're just down the road from each other. And they said what do you think? And he said, you know, as we walked in here, I sat and thought, I'm gonna get on a bus and go two and a half hours and we get to play in RUP Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. And he just kept emphasizing RUP Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. And he just said, you know how cool it is that we're going to Rough Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. And first of all, every time he said that, I just felt like joy, you know, like how weeks But also it made me want to I mean, they're not gonna win, but Drew made me want to pull for him because it felt like he really respected our place and all that.
Speaker 5: Now there's an appreciation for it. I doubt Louisville and Tennessee will have that appreciation. I mean, they went on too this year.
Speaker 3: I just want to remind him in rupt but you do.
Speaker 5: If you look at all the tournament sites, it is, it's not often you get one of college basketball's best venues as the host. I mean there's NBA arenas, Yeah, Providence, Raleigh, you know, name all these, But I could understand why some of these small schools that would never get that chance to ask for the excitement.
Speaker 3: The other great arenas don't host the NCAA tournament, right, Cameron. You know, Duke's Arena never ho fall Out field House will never host it, Indiana's won't ever host it, poly Pavilion won't host it. Like we're I mean, we're probably one of the six or seven meccas of college basketball, and honestly, it's probably the only one that we'll ever host an NCAA tournament.
Speaker 4: You know, I never really had thought about it, but you're right. It's such one of the most historic basketball arenas and for college basketball, all the other ones they never host first round, second round games, they never hosted anything.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're going to five serve for them? Was that exciting. Yeah, I don't know what happens there except the Bucks play there. It's not even the same floor because it's in that guy's house.
Speaker 4: So are we in danger of losing Carapondelle to Alabama State?
Speaker 3: I think she thought they were sweet? Yeah, I think the way they were happy, you gotta adopt to Cinderella. It's not cheating on your team if you adopt people who are happy and have joy like she likes the underdog, so yeah, she she I don't think we would have to play them till the championship game, so I don't know that we're gonna get against them, Which gets me to my question that I wanted to start with, which is all right, big picture, we've talked about this all year, what's it take to be successful? Bird? But you've seen the bracket, you know the team we're gonna have. How do you feeling like next week on Wednesday? Are we gonna be preparing for a Sweet sixteen game? Or are we gonna be talking about the portal and wondering if we're ignoring the turn? But what are we gonna be doing after this weekend?
Speaker 5: I'm confident about winning the games, but I admit John Caliperry has broken me where I just the the potential of coming home early lives in the back of my brain. Like you're just saying we have Saturday off. Reminded me of last year when I thought we had Friday off. We're just driving back Pittsburgh. I mean, we don't have to revisit the past, but it has changed my way of thinking going to the tournament, where I used to kind of just overlook these games, and now it's I got my guard up a little bit, even though I still feel good about Kentucky's chances.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can go on in most people, including myself, would have been happy to get to that second weekend.
Speaker 3: So but you're not answering my question to either of you, are we gonna Are we gonna be doing it next weekend?
Speaker 4: So I finish what I'm saying, probably solutely interrupt. Well, I didn't say I think they'll get to the Sweet sixteen and they do it. Now, I'll be even more impressed with the injury that we've had to deal with the season We've had to deal with, with all the injuries, I think we will get there, and when we do, I think we should celebrate it even more because of how they got there, So you say, yes, yes, yeah, moving on, Channon, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they will And I look at once they get to the sweet sixteen the same way I look at the SEC tournament after they won that first game against Oklahoma and played it at whatever.
Speaker 2: At that point, you're playing with house money.
Speaker 1: So if you know if you lose, you don't want to lose the Tennessee but if you did, it wouldn't be any shame in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I feel like we'll get there. I'm not extremely confident, like I think all those teams that we meet in the second round, if we got there, could beat us all three of them. We're only gonna have to play one of them. But whichever one they are, which would you rather play, by the way, if you had to choose, cause I don't know as much about them. A Price Davier like an NBA pick, and Trey Johnson going off concerns me. Illinois is the best team. I've Illinois and Texas both have top ten picks. Yeah, could that could potentially go off? Who would you like to play?
Speaker 4: I would say Xavier, They've got there, one of their best players as former Kentucky mister basketball, Damian McKnight, who transferred from Western Uh, they're dangerous, they're good. I actually I have them beating Texas.
Speaker 3: So who would you rather play?
Speaker 4: I'd rather play Xavier?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sad time after I'd rather play Xavier again because you don't want to have the one guy goes off and there's nothing you can do scenario. What about you, Shannon?
Speaker 1: I think Texas is the team I would rather play. I don't know a whole lot about Xavier. I feel like Texas we've seen them before, we know what they've got, you know I don't want to.
Speaker 3: See I think we're better than Texas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most sec schoos I wouldn't want to play, but Texas is one I wouldn't mind playing again.
Speaker 3: Illinois who I'd want to play the least because I do think that when they're hot, they're tough. Now they can be awful, but when they're hot, they're tough. So they're one I want to play the least. If my memory serves one, team from the playing game always like wins their first game. So either North Carolina's gonna beat Ole Miss or the Texas Xavier winner is gonna beat Uh. Is gonna beat Illinois. I feel like one of those two things will happen. I kind of hope it's the Texas Xavier winner. But I feel good about us going on. I would have felt fine about the Sweet sixteen and losing, But if it's Tennessee, that'll be a hard will be that'll be that'll be hard to swallow. But we're not there yet. First, we just gotta win Thursday. The only the only disaster scenario for Kentucky is to lose third, is to lose Friday, but loose Thursday before we play. That's real bad. But if don't you agree, oh yeah, the only disaster.
Speaker 5: I mean that would be three first round exits in four years, Is that right? I don't even like saying that out loud. This is Kentucky. That's crazy to even that that's on the tex what's the kind of thing that you do and then other teams go? Is the Kentucky run?
Speaker 3: Just like?
Speaker 5: Are they just done? Because you can't lose like that three years in a row. And that'd be Pope two years in a row. I mean the team last year, but I mean Pope would have lost in an upset first round two years in a row don't want to help the confidence around him.
Speaker 3: A five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. We're gonna take a break. We're here at KOs Bar and Grill. It is wings Day, and it is the day before the tournament. This is Kentucky Sports Radio. It's a great song, right, this is John Prime.
Speaker 2: Uh, please don't bury me.
Speaker 3: Please don't bury me. Yeah, he puts my stomachs in Milwaukee so they don't run out of beer. He sang. It was with Tyler Childers on Austin City Limits. And I still look that up online because I really like it. I would tell you to find a chain, but it's actually hard to get. It's from KT but any cool I like this song on I forgot that it had Milwaukee in it.
Speaker 4: I don't think i've ever heard this song. I'd love to hear the Tyler Childers version of it.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll play it on the draft. Somebody wrote me here and said that they're expecting they're expecting south of Chicago, maybe a tornado watch today, So that's where we'll be. So that's nice, heading straight for it. Where we go they really do the tornadoes just come where we come.
Speaker 4: You're the meteorologist, what do you think about the weather.
Speaker 3: Situation of just like Nashville. I think it's fine.
Speaker 4: Think it's fine.
Speaker 3: I told you to be fine in Nashville, and it was a little windy and a little bit of rain, but it ended up okay. By the way, I want to say the folks in if you're ever going to Nashville, which probably everybody will, the most overrated place I've been in Nashville. I'm not trying to hurt this place, but they have a putt putt golf thing called like put smack or putt shut shack.
Speaker 2: No overrate, Oh yeah, put shack.
Speaker 3: It feels like you're kind of playing because it's overrated.
Speaker 2: You're just fun.
Speaker 3: It's first of all, it's I could give a million critiques of it. Most of the stuff is broken, Okay, that's part of it. And then they whoever designed it, there's this huge space for a bar, and then they cramp you into this little tiny area for the putt putt and you're standing on each other and everybody's breathing their hot mouth on you, and it's just it's it's not I was excited about it. We went on Saturday and I was like, putt shack, baby, putt, and it's not good.
Speaker 5: I went to put shack Denver had an absolute blest. Sometimes it because you have to put out.
Speaker 4: I think that's it. I think he's not used to the putting phenomenon.
Speaker 3: You do have to put out, like because there's like a chip in the ball that reads it. Now, if parts were broken, that wouldn't be as fun. When I went, it was day one, so we were the first tress. Like they had tetris, but the little things didn't move. Okay, that's an issue. That's an issue, right. Otherwise it's awesome. Then they have different color courses, but each course has like four holes that are the same. And then there's a trivia course and you have to like you can't answer the you can't finish the put until you answer the question. All these drunk people are like, honey, is it love? Islander? Is it temptation? It's like, come on, man, just hit the stupid ball. It combines everything I don't like, lines, running, putting out, hot drinking, a lot of drinking, A.
Speaker 4: Lot of drinking.
Speaker 3: I don't even drink. People try to get a diet coke in that place like they're lett. They look at you like you're from the moon children. It's like a combination of all us.
Speaker 4: It sounds like your hell and you took your whole group of dudes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a you know, it's nice. They let you play like a nonsom, which is fine for me, but I don't like everybody else's nonsome. It's because then you have to stand behind it. So anyway, I still want to open kspar Is like our own version of that. Actually that I mean, that would be fun, but it sounds like you're not in We gotta have more space than they have it. Put put check a five nine two eighty seven one person rites, Matt. I've been reading up on Troy. They are a team that doesn't shoot great, but they offensive rebound as good as any team in the country. Are you worried about that? I was worried about that early in the year. The teams that offensive rebounded well really hurt us. But as the year got on, we got better at that, and we we we didn't get kind of dominated on the board ryan as we did early in the season, So I'm not as worried about that as before.
Speaker 4: It sounds like they're a lot like Texas A and M just really get after it defensively, good offensive, good rebounders, kind of tough, physical, not the greatest shooting team of all time. So that team used to give our team trouble. I don't think that gives us our team trouble much anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't either, And you know, I mean they kill an offensive rebounding in their conference. But remember, I mean we're gonna have guys that are just as big as they are. They sort of dominated in size in their conference, which was what the Sun Belt or something like that.
Speaker 5: The upsets usually see teams get hot from three, like we did last year. They only make seven a game and shoot like thirty percent. So I actually like seeing a matchup of a team doesn't shoot well even though they've got like good two point defense, offensive rebounds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're a physical team, and I just think you're gonna have a hard time, you know, when you're playing another if you're playing a bad team, I can understand how the physicality would take them over, but you're gonna have a hard time even with us over physically us. I'm like you, I would be much more worried about a team that shoots threes and has precision on offense. Those are the teams, at least in the last half of the year that gave us problems.
Speaker 4: Any concern at all on your part, take Lamont Butler out, there's not a lot of NCAA tournament experience on our on our team. Does that bother you at all?
Speaker 3: I mean, how much NCAA experience is it on their team? They won?
Speaker 4: They weren't last year. I thought they won the tournament, they conference. I think they won the tournament.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean still they don't have NCAA experience, So no, I mean I don't really care about that. You know, if we end up I mean Texas and Xavier, you know, Illinois, how much experience do they have? Tennessee will have some, but we've already played Tennessee, so we're not gonna be scared of Tennessee. I think the tournament experience drew matters if you get guys who have not been on a big stage. But when you play at Kentucky, it's a big stage from moment one. So I think to the extent that that's an issue, It's not an issue at Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Troy hadn't been in a long time. I have a fun fact about one of their players, their best player. Actually, he was recruited by one Billy Claude Gillespie play at Ranger College. So we played a couple of years there and then transferred to Troy. Wow, save of Billy last week, And Billy didn't actually coach him there, but he recruited him, and the kid signed under Billy, and then Billy.
Speaker 3: Left before the season. But he's so their star player came from Ranger College. Uh, do you expect us to have fans up there? I haven't heard of a lot of people going. I assume we'll have people who go to the weekend game. We've got a ton of fans UK alumni that live in Chicago, so I think, But I have not heard of a lot of people going Friday. Have you not?
Speaker 5: Really some of the usual suspects we know they go to everything or going but as far as like just getting a bunch of response online and you know, some exciting feedback of people talking about what they're going to be doing where they're sitting, I haven't heard as much as that as we normally.
Speaker 3: Would It's the only negative I think about how big a deal our fan base makes the SEC tournament is a lot of them don't feel like going and traveling again the next weekend to the NCAA. I mean, I if I think about even our big runs over the years, Ryan, we get big crowds at the regional, but in the first and second round sometimes we don't. I mean, when we were in Pittsburgh last year, there wasn't a ton. When we were in Greensboro there wasn't a ton.
Speaker 4: Makes me a little concerned because I've not heard of anybody either going and it's not that bad of a drive seven hours.
Speaker 2: Was giving you a gas money?
Speaker 3: Pope is offered like right now you can get your gas money at this moment. Is that where Mario is? That may be why he's not here. I just text him said, where are you goes? I was a late start. Guess that's not how you can't do that. We'll be right back. TJ Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ.
Speaker 2: He'll make them pay now.
Speaker 1: More of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: Welcome back Tucky Sports Radio. Dwight Yoakam's in Milwaukee this weekend Saturday night. I'm just saying, we don't have anything to do, so we're imagine go a little guitars and cadillacs and he'll billy music around.
Speaker 2: The stage where you can see the games.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he keeps TVs for the game Shannon Yokam concert, but it's kind of exciting, isn't it. You've never seen Dwight a bit.
Speaker 4: Right, just when he did the benefit concert down here at rub when they all got on stage, he was one of those guys.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right for I'm gonna go with the phones right here. I'm gonna tell you a sentence I never thought I would say in my entire life. Kentucky is considering taking a player in the portal from Lincoln Memorial University of Harrion, Tennessee. You have to understand to understand how crazy this is. When I was so Harriget, Tennessee is right next to Middlesbrough. Like literally you go through the Comelin Gap tunnel and there you are. I played a y s O soccer at the l m U cow pasture next to their field. Right it is now like a medical school. When I was in high school, it looked like LMU might close. Like the place was a dump. Like the place was a dump. It was falling apart. Most of their studtudents were exchange students because they couldn't even get anybody to go there because it was a private school and it cost too much money. Then all of a sudden, some dude died, Rest in peace, dude, and he left like tens of he left, like his whole estate to LMU. And now it is one of the nicer college campuses. You'll see. It has a medical school, it has a vet school. It even has a law school. The law school's in Knoxville, but the rest of it is all Inherrogate. The place is like, you know, we've driven past it. You drive past it, besides the big Abraham Lincoln statue, you would think you're in like a major college area, you know what I mean. And it's Inherrogate, Tennessee, right across the street from the Oasis, which unfortunately burned down. But like so that being a nice college is crazy to me. It rose to Division two. You remember a few years ago won the Division two national championship, and they are transitioning. They'll be in Division IE next year. I didn't know that they're going to the OBC to be in Division one. And if you had told me that college, which I thought was gonna shut down, would end up being a Division I school, I would have never imagined it. But they're really good at basketball. You know the guy that was at Saint Louis with kream Abdul Jabbar the coach. Yeah, and he was at Indiana State. He came from LMU. Oh, he from ELMW to Indiana State to now he's at Saint Louis. My point in all that is to say, they have a kid that is like an NBA prospect. So when I saw Kentucky's what's his name, Elijah Freeman, Elijah Freeman. When I saw Kentucky was considering this kid, I thought, you know, my cousin played at LFU, Right, I mean seriously, my cousin played at LFU. Morgan Wallen's cousin played at LMU. But so I made a couple of phone calls yesterday to people who go to those games, and they said, dude's real. Said fifteen NBA teams have come to watch him this year. They were like, we don't. I don't know how we got him, but they did. He's six' eight if you watch the, highlights very, athletic And i'm Told kentucky is like had. That kentucky has sent people to the games wow. Already so you, KNOW i don't know if he's somebody LIKE i don't know if we should get him or. Not But, DREW i just think it's cool that somebody that was is AT lmu potentially could be A kentucky. Player it is.
Speaker 5: Crazy but he's six,' eight he's averaging nineteen to nine and shooting he's, like fresh shoots like forty three. From three, you know it's harder that BEING in, d two how that. Would TRANSLATE but i can absolutely understand why you'd give him a call and, Consider, that.
Speaker 3: Well THE best d two schools are better than a LOT of d. One, Schools, right like there's a Kid AT auburn i think WHO played D TWO and I heard i believe IT Was seth greenberg say the top ten SCHOOLS in d two are better than half the SCHOOLS in. D one they just happened to BE in. D two so let's just say you saw those stats from A guy eastern you'd, be, like, oh, Okay maybe so what do you think about us maybe getting a KID from lmu who probably has Eaten At cracker.
Speaker 5: Barrel in middlesbrough? Multiple times what About the gondolier my place.
Speaker 3: Certainly eating At the gondolier it's like three blocks away.
Speaker 4: From campus it's crazy because when we first started doing this about twelve thirteen, years ago we drove through the tunnel and was on the right, hand side. Not much and then about ten years later you drove us past their, a, game like oh, my goodness.
Speaker 3: Like it's a very, nice game. Super nice if You're In eastern kentucky and you go to, the doctor there's a really good chance your doctor WENT. To, Lmu no. I'm serious it's become like the med School Of. Eastern kentucky and now we MIGHT have, i mean we might have a basketball Player at KENTUCKY. From lanmu never.
Speaker 4: Once in my LIFE that I think lmu would produce a player that could not just Play. At kentucky BUT the nba is looking.
Speaker 3: At me they've SAID fifteen nba franchises have sent scouts to, their games and again he's Not. In kentucky but for those of you that know know The area harrogut Is. BASICALLY kentucky i mean it's it's when people Live, in harrogut they come to go to the Town, TO yeah i mean all the restaurants Are. In middlesborough, like like he's Basically, a kentuckian which IS why i think there's a good chance he ends.
Speaker 4: Up, here yeah because.
Speaker 3: He, is basically if You're, In, harrogut tennessee you're Essentially A kentucky and it's like being in, You, Know jeffersonville inniana or something.
Speaker 5: Like that Our guy jacob interviewed, to me he said he grew up Like in. KENTUCKY too i think he's Originally, from florida but grew Up a. Kentucky fan but WHAT if i had told you five years Ago that kentucky would have two players from The thirteenth region and maybe a Transferred From, lincoln memorial you would, have thought hell.
Speaker 3: Froze over that's a. Great POINT so I just i think you watch. This kid i'm making. NO predictions i have no idea where he's. Gonna go but if you're telling me there's a Kid that kentucky wants that's from a school that's Essentially. In kentucky you gotta think there's a good chance they get.
Speaker 4: It right especially if you said they've already been down there to watch. Him play they're showing some. SERIOUS interest i.
Speaker 3: Actually don't KNOW if i was supposed to say that you stack. Like, that okay? Who's up he's had a lot of schools. Contacting, Them, Yeah will will, Go? Ahead will.
Speaker 6: He was fella's first time Long cun BUT who. I listen i just want to say a big thank you to my grubby. Little nephews you're like two and three. Years old you got, Me sick SO now i get to stay home the next couple of days and just watch basketball.
Speaker 3: All, DAY well, i mean if there was ever gonna be a time to, be sick this. Is it You remember benetta used to do. Vasectomy madness during, this time they would book Visecta, Mes, monday Tuesday and wednesday so that you could Stay home Thursday and friday and watch. The game, SO wait i don't think they do voseectomy. Madness anymore but you got getting sick by your two and three year. Old.
Speaker 6: Madness, Yeah well i'm, twenty nine so let's not quite get to the.
Speaker 3: Vispecamis YET but i don't think you need. ONE yet, i.
Speaker 6: Listen that's, all, ahead guys have a, good one, all right?
Speaker 3: Appreciate it? Are you? Didn't you you didn't get, that vasectomy? Did?
Speaker 4: YOU no i think it's a. Wonderful idea. It's brilliant sit around with a nice pack on your junk for a couple of days and. Watch basketball we don't need the.
Speaker 3: Word junk Why don't why have you not gotten? A viseect, to me it feels like the kind of thing you.
Speaker 4: Should do well The way god. Made me it's really hard for me to father a. Child anyway so, oh, YEAH.
Speaker 3: Okay i didn't. Know, THAT yeah i didn't expect you would just saying. Today's show but.
Speaker 4: My guys aren't necessarily strong swimmers.
Speaker 3: Down, There okay, so TODAY like, i mean we all figured it out and.
Speaker 4: YOU and i get to sit in the front seat together for. Seven hours this is.
Speaker 3: Day one of Many with ryan in the next couple. Of weeks to take a sleeping peal or something before. We leave? Who's, Next kent kent', go ahead kent't?
Speaker 7: Any about how are you all? Doing today?
Speaker 3: Doing GOOD.
Speaker 7: So i was hoping to give the final word on our probability undriven. From yesterday, all, right.
Speaker 3: Well before you, Do, That okay so he wants to give the final word on, THE probability i don't know why we would, believe can't but but, but, we'll we'll we'll. Do it BUT before i looked up as MUCH as i could, look UP and i Actually think drew and the other guy are, both right as weird as, that Sounds because drew's scenario of eating ten, at once if he literally put all ten in his mouth, at once would be. Ten percent but if you did it one at, a TIME then i think the ten point four eight, is right at least from. My research now, You can't you may, feel differently what do?
Speaker 7: You, think yeah so that is. Almost correct so the issue with that is they are what's called. Dependent events so the probability of picking the first grape being normal is ninety nine out of, one, Hundred, right yeah. Pretty obvious so then next one you have. To, consider, Yeah exactly so when you when you take ten of, those terms ninety nine out of, one hundred ninety seven out of, ninety eight you go all the way down to ninety out of Ninety one when you multiply, those together the only two terms that are left after everything cancels out is ninety over. One hundred so you've got a ninety percent chance. Of.
Speaker 3: LIVING okay i didn't understand the last, leap there so you think so you would say the Answer is drew's.
Speaker 7: Ten, percent Yeah and i'm saying it doesn't matter if you pick them sequentially or all.
Speaker 3: At, once okay, all right so there's.
Speaker 7: The way to get ten. POINT five i gotta.
Speaker 3: Go break, I'M sorry i gotta. Do break we can't make this a. Math show but he votes for You GOOD.
Speaker 5: And i wasn't, even POSITIVE but i brought mine up because someone said thirty, eight PERCENT and i know it's not thirty. Eight percent that was the first caller that tried to give us. A.
Speaker 3: Number Hey, Ksr lister spring is right around. The corner to celebrate the season, of renewal Corn brad haamp has a limited time offer that will help you get started living the. Good life please Get. This ryan you get a product At Corn. Bred hemp you get a second one off with the half off with the code. Half off. That's easy If Corn bred hamp use the code, half off you, buy one you get the second one. Half off it's a great way to start and try corn bread hemp if you've never, done it buy corn bred hamp use the code. Half off you get your second item. Half off the Mayor, of louisville Who's friends Craig, bring greenberg who's. My friend he asked me if he could call the show and try To talk kentucky fans into Cheering for louisville when they come. Here talking it's not, gonna WORK but i TOLD him i would let. Him, try yeah we'll see if you think he'll. Be successful I'M gonna i think they'll. Be ENTERTAINING but i, asked you do you think he'll? Be successful not? A chance, All, right well we will see and we will take a break and be. Right back This Is Kentucky. Sports radio, Welcome Back Turkey. Sports Radio if i'm nine two twenty two. Eighty seven text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two. Five four one, person writes many, Years Ago ryan lemon hit on a girlfriend, OF MINE whoa i should have let HIM because i can tell. You this she definitely didn't need. To, Reproduce, wow wow it's going to be. Text Today There, drew wow. This increase that's NOT what. I think, That's YES and i know that one was a, tough.
Speaker 4: One isn't it? SLAM me i think he's. SLAMMING her i think he got you.
Speaker 3: Both a, little bit. All right So The, Louisville Mayor, craig greenberg, Is, on uh you guys are Playing in lexington? Today tomorrow are, You? Going craig and are you Excited for lexington fans To?
Speaker 8: Boo, louisville, Well hey matt, and crew how are? You Guys i'm i'm. REALLY unfortunate i. Cannot Attend junior bridgeman has a private family and close friends funeral at that exactly, same time And so i'm close with his son and, the family AND so i will not be at. The game So what i'm calling in for Today is i'm really Hopeful, THAT look i love. Our rivalry it's one Of the uncontrary To WHAT dicky v said the, OTHER Night unc duke is not the greatest rivalry in BASKETBALL at u OF. L uk i want to improve. With it but well let's, have. Yes, right SO but i think THAT the uk fans should come to, the game should get out what they Wear On valentine's Day, or christmas whatever red they have in their closet and CHEER for U. Of l that's how WE get U OF l uk in the. Final game if we want the world to see how this is the best rivalry and even better, than that how awesome would it be TO see U of L Against saint john's and See coach Kelsey Beat rick bettino in the?
Speaker 4: Final?
Speaker 3: Four, well uh that would. Be, Great, now drew You're a you're You're A, kentucky yeah You're a. Kentucky fame first, of all it wouldn't. Be great i'd be Cheering for patino in. That game but would you root for would you root For for Louisville against? Creighton Tomorrow.
Speaker 5: H craig i really respect. THE effort i think it's admirable that you're you're. Attempting this but one. Problem there You said louisville in the championship Game. VERSUS kentucky i Don't want louisville in the. CHAMPIONSHIP game i want them to lose. Every game so that's the that's the problem with the.
Speaker 8: Mat, there, well well let me ask, You THIS so i Went to i'm a huge fan Of coach pope and my FAMILY. AND i went to my FIRST ever uk Game and reparina this season and we had a. Great time it was a Very different you were right behind.
Speaker 3: The BITCH when i, saw you you were right behind. THE bench i actually called security, and said why Is the louisville mayor right behind. The bitch.
Speaker 8: We wore, Our blue we cheered For. The cats it was a. Great game They BEAT texas A. And m but you guys gotta, admit that like uvel, SEATING here i mean it was almost LIKE the ovw writers wrote the script here and put u of l at your seating.
Speaker 3: Was wrong your seating, Was, Wrong CRAIG and i agree. WITH that i said that on on on. National radio your seating. Was wrong but at the, SAME time, I, mean drew we can't root.
Speaker 5: For, THEM no i don't have that IN. My dna EVEN if i wanted, TO try i wouldn't know how to.
Speaker 3: Do, THAT yeah, I mean i know you have to Root for kentucky because you're in that. Political SPACE but i think it's just gonna be hard. For, Us, craig.
Speaker 6: Well but here's.
Speaker 8: My question don't just to improve the rivalry and what joy would you get out of. SEEING it, i mean, you know you, KNOW what.
Speaker 3: I think it proves the rivalry The. Most ryan but that's when WE beat. HM mffreys.
Speaker 4: I agree i.
Speaker 8: Like that no way for, next, YEAR guys, i mean we've Got. COACH kelsey i mean the turnaround at U of l has been amazing.
Speaker 3: For The whole let me ask you real, quick QUESTION because i do think this is an. Interesting part this Happens in Lexington when kentucky's. Not good, just quickly like, thirty seconds what has the impact been on the Downtown of louisville Actually having louisville be good because we saw they didn't have crowds early in, the year but by the end of the year. They did oh.
Speaker 8: It's huge if you talk to any restaurant or bar Around The, young center they're doing better than they have. In years and so all of downtown. Is thriving and also you all probably see This in lexington when the men's, basketball team when the football team is, doing well when women's basketball team is, doing well everyone. Feels better everyone's excited about. The city they've got, city pride and so you can't put your finger, on it but it is millions of dollars directly. And indirectly it really is a. Big deal so whatever happens in, the tournament OF course I want U of l to go as far as possible win. The championship but it has been a great season and Here in louisville we are so excited about the future, once again as we. Should be we NEED both U of L and uk to be great teams to keep this. Rivalry strong, all, Right.
Speaker 3: Well craig good luck in the. Game tomorrow express our Sympathies To junior bridgeman's family tomorrow at. The service and appreciate you calling.
Speaker 8: It, Definitely well so you guys aren't gonna end with a cards, HERE here i just got to. Hang, out wait tell we, Or not you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna have to. Hang up there's not gonna Be a cards cheer for. THIS one i appreciate. The, call no you guys have a. Good name we'll say we don't think about and this is. You know kelsey said this ON the. Espn show, he Said when louisville basketball has, been down it's put a pale on the CITY and i. Live there that is. Definitely true like. THE city i don't want to say it mirrors the fortune of the. Basketball team but it's part. Of it but that's. HERE too i mean that's. HERE too i mean we've. Seen it i've, told you if you're, OUT there i want you please come watch the games At ks bar. This weekend don't let it Just be Red and orange fans in here like, come stuck take off, work tomorrow come get your seat and. Do it but, for Us the kentucky Losses To saint peter's And to oakland had. REALLY hurt, i mean we have a financial model that requires a, big march and the moment, you lose this city's just done with. The tournament. They're DONE and i that's another, reason Why like i'm gonna be Pacing, Against troy i'm sure it's the Same way Ryan. AND louisville i.
Speaker 4: CHECK out i want of those people that would have gonna take it TO beat i kind of check out of. THE tournament i don't want to go associate with anybody else watching games and. HAVING fun i will say This. About louisville they do seem to have been picking up fan interest as the season. Has progressed it looks like there's a good crowd even AT THE A.
Speaker 3: Sec tournament it does worry me a little, bit THOUGH that i don't think the game is even sold out here in the. DAY session I think saturday, might BE but i don't think the game is even. Sold out and a lot of those Tickets were kentucky fans, at First so i'm a. LITTLE surprised, i Mean when kentucky's Played, in louisville we always sell that. Building out it feels like they should do the same, thing here but it's.
Speaker 5: Not, happening yeah IT'S all. I don't i just they care more than they have. Been Lately but i've thought they'd been broken for a while now some of those. FOOTBALL games i know this IS The, nsaa tournament not a home, football GAME but i was shocked at how a little turnout. They, HAD well i will say thank you for the opportunity to Tell the louisville mayor DIRECTLY that i want them to lose. EVERY game i got more satisfaction out of THAT than i expect.
Speaker 3: You Should if i'm nine two eight oh twenty two. Eighty seven did you see? THEY so i guess Last night chennon they RELEASED the. Jfk papers there was a Guy With New york times who stayed up all night and read. THEM all i read his report, this morning and basically he said that most of the stuff had already. Been out the biggest piece of info that came out in it is THAT the cia was much more involved around the world in other countries than maybe. They've admitted but he, said otherwise it still Essentially Says Lee harvey oswald did it so?
Speaker 2: How, BORING yeah i mean there's. NOTHING there, i mean but.
Speaker 3: There's nothing they basically SAID. The si the one piece of info WAS. The ci There was Cuba in russia Met With Lee harvey oswald before that he. Was SHOT but i think that had been. Out before so not, a huge.
Speaker 4: Huge, REVELATION yeah i didn't. Read it it was eighty.
Speaker 3: THOUSAND pages i kind of thought you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Read it didn't, read it passed. Hard pass you could read it on her. Drive, Today well i'll pass. On, that also we had Listen To paul farnbaum for four hours five to.
Speaker 3: Nine two eight oh twenty two. Eighty seven it's. Week's day we'll take, a break me. Right back we're HERE A k s, bar grill mm hmmm
Speaker 8: Mm hmm