Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal. Holl that for me. I'm a man, I'm forty. I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for a day ed of steak? Is that woo woof? And then and tie.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the solid verbal, boys and girls. My name is ty Hildenbrandt. That fine gentleman over there nodding his head approvingly in the heart of the Midwest where spring is officially sprung Cago, Illinois, Dan Rubistetzer, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm great. It's high sixties today, sun is out, not really clouds in the sky. Life is good. And I don't know if you have a sound to commemorate this, but I would like to make a bit of an announcement here. Oh you know what, I'm unprepared. I have this. This is the first button I had. What's up? Okay?
Speaker 2: Here it is double sounds okay.
Speaker 1: For the next four to five years of my life, I have decided to commit to having a low grade cough and sore throat because with two kids three and under, three and one, that apparently is my new reality. At two plus weeks and I've tested negative for COVID two plus weeks of just feeling not great, not terrible, not crazy, bedridden, sick, just that low hum of blurg. We're getting to.
Speaker 2: The point where it may be fair to start asking whether Jody with an Eye has some sort of poisoning situation going on.
Speaker 1: The low key poisoning situation, A little.
Speaker 2: Bit of arsenic in the morning cereal, something of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, she's messing enough that she would just leave out the bottle if that were the case. So probably not the situation, But most definitely I am living in a house of snot and horror all the time.
Speaker 2: Snot and horror. Well, we'll get into talking about snot and horror here in a little bit. You've got five questions for me, five questions that I know have been on your mind that we have not had a chance to address. And then a little bit later on this week, I've got five questions of my own that I will be posing for you all in.
Speaker 1: All, ten hearty, meaty, beefy.
Speaker 2: Questions for you to sink your teeth into as we plod on through the latter stages of March. Spring is now officially here, and we are as well thank you for downloading the show I'm ty He's Dan this episode as all our episodes driven by a Geico.
Speaker 1: Don't forget.
Speaker 2: We do two episodes a week, two public episodes a week that you can get. All you got to do is subscribe to the podcast feed wherever it is that you get your podcasts. Some places call it a follow, some places call it a subscribe. They all mean the same thing. If at all possible, tell your friends rate and also review the podcast. All that stuff really does help other people find out about us. Verballers dot com. Verballers dot com is to say in every episode, it's where you can get this show, all of our shows a little bit early. You also get access to the bonus features that include our discord server, that include the bonus content that we put out there each and every Friday. We're gonna have to start planning an off topic show, yeah, in the next couple weeks, so you're gonna want to stay tuned for that. We've got all sorts of little things that we've got going on here, extra nuggets, which you've heard us talk about time and again.
Speaker 1: Now love my Nuggies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all that stuff is going to be available to you if you go on out to verballers dot com and last, but certainly not least we mentioned it on the last episode, but solid giveaway dot Com. We cranked it back up. Dan cranked it back up. AJ Brown signed old miss mini helmet. It's the white helmet, sort of the alternate shape.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, super cool. Get on out there so I'll give away dot com. Get your name in the hat. Just a few quick and easy steps three to follow in order to enter the contest. Congratulations to Adam, not Adam amean a different Adam long time verbal or Adam notice one or last contest. Yeah, and got the Jonathan Taylor tailback helmet.
Speaker 1: So yeah, by the way, Ole miss, very quietly wide receiver you these past few years, DK metcalf, AJ Brown, Elijah Moore a couple of years ago, like very quietly stacking receivers upon receivers that are of I guess blittan a cough esque quality. We can agree that's fair. I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: And long before any of these guys, we had la Quantosaurus rex or boy. Of course, of course, with all that being said, Dan, as we said at the very top, you've got questions from me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. I do. We are sort of in that very early period of spring practice, and we're head of the NFL Draft. We are, you know, past signing day, and so this is an opportunity. And we recently did a pretty big part one of the Q and A show publicly and part two one verballers dot Com, where I just I've got a lot of my mind. Ty yea.
Speaker 2: As ever as ever, let me ask you, Let me ask you a question though.
Speaker 1: Before you going together. Okay, we're recording.
Speaker 2: This right now on March twenty first. As we said an episode or two ago, spring games are gonna start cranking up here pretty soon, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: The middle three weeks of April is when your favorite team, the bigger teams are gonna be playing their spring games. Scale of one to ten. Where are you at in terms of excitement for the twenty twenty two season, Yeah, versus where do you think the general public is.
Speaker 1: I get a sense that people are less enthused than usual, judging by the off season. I don't know if it's a transfer portal thing. I don't know if it's an nil thing, or it's the uncertainty about the postseason and the organization of the sport. I get a sense that there's a lot of apprehension about what's to come in college football. Now. It's also spring, it's also March. It's it's not the proper time to gauge excitement over the sport. But I do. I do get that sense, at least looking at the conversation online. And I don't know, do you get that sense? I? You know, I would compare it to which is a bummer, but it is a bummer, you know, Yeah, I compare to this.
Speaker 2: Everybody's got a friend who uses Facebook like it's Twitter.
Speaker 1: Yes, And it's just a lot. It is. It's a lot.
Speaker 2: You don't necessarily want to remove the online relationship the real friendship in real life, what have you.
Speaker 1: It's just a lot. It's a lot.
Speaker 2: And I kind of get that impression because college football right now is a lot. There's a lot going on, there's news every day. It's beginning that slow climb into NFL territory where it becomes a year round thing. And I think nil, I think the transfer portal, those those topics in particular are going to help get us there before long. But I don't know if everybody's ready for that quite yet, and so.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think I'm with you. We will get to a point in.
Speaker 2: Late April where people are, you know, like I don't know, just amused by college football and curious, they're college football curious. At that point where maybe they get to like a four or five on the meter, may hits nobody cares about college football, which is it's the doldrums of college football. But then you get into June and July and then it starts building up to a fever pitch by the time we get to Labor Day weekends. So right now, this is an important time to get these questions out of the way. Whatever's on your mind, let's get them out of the way. Now, let's talk it out, Let's hug it out if we have to, I don't know, And then by the time things really start getting cranked up here, we'll we'll be free and clear to talk about the news.
Speaker 1: Of the day. First question, Thursday, Ty is National Cocktail Day. I had to look this up, and every great cocktail needs well, it needs balance, sure, sweet sour, maybe a little bit of spice. You got your base liquor, maybe the right temperature if you want it on the rocks if you want it, you know, blended off a frozen drink of some kind. So, given that we do have the world's largest outdoor cocktail party, I want to ask you, because I don't think that's the answer, which historic rivalry currently has the most balance. So the the cocktail coming together a shaker, It is a shaker. Wow. So when you look at the bigger rivalries across the sport, big, big, you know schools, small schools, whatever, to you, which is humming at a really nice level? Like there's a both teams are competitive, you know, there's the coaching personalities are there? You know you have a push pull. Maybe it's a back and forth over who wins every year. Uh, maybe there's a good amount of hatred in the air interesting players recently. What is which is the cocktail that feels the most balanced and is in the uh the spiciest place.
Speaker 2: Perhaps, you know, there are so many different ways to grade this, sure, I think, and I would be loath to look solely at the win loss record, Okay, when it comes to balance, because I don't know if you could really take that at face value. I think the answer for me is the Iron Bowl. I think The answer for me is the Iron.
Speaker 1: Bowl, and here's why. Here's why.
Speaker 2: Okay, that game there was and you could use the game that we saw in twenty twenty one as a perfect example. There was no reason that game should have been closed.
Speaker 1: I hear you, there was.
Speaker 2: There was no reason that game should have been close. And I think the mark of a true rivalry in college sports is when you've got a situation like that. We talked with Pat Bostik, right, talk with Pat about the coming back Pitt West Virginia game. Yeah, backyard brother are twenty eight point dog. Going into that game, West Virginia seemed on a glide path to the national championship. Pitt wins the game thirteen to nine. Defensive struggle like that is the mark of a true rivalry where even though maybe the records are a bit lopsided, maybe in the case of the Iron Bowl, you've got a team like Alabama that's had so much more recent success, it's almost in a different stratosphere. But still you can have overtime games like the one we saw this fall. This past fall, I should say where it's close. Auburn probably could have won that game if they went for two instead of opting to tie it. That's still as stuck in my crawl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I feel like that game always has the potential to be close, and also because of Alabama's recent success, it always has the chance to be very consequential around college football. There's a real domino effect because they play in the SEC. Because Alabama is always in the running, there's always that added layer to it. There's no shortage of hatred in that rivalry either, There's just not there's always interest, doesn't matter what the records are. Rivalry where you can quite literally throw the records out.
Speaker 1: I was all over the place with this one, and I think I settled on Michigan Ohio State just because of where we are at the moment. At the moment, we are in the shadow of Michigan at the end emphatically beating Ohio State and flipping the script a bit right, beating Ohio State to get to the Big Ten Championship game, which they they win that game emphatically end up in the playoff. Now, obviously they're not competitive in their playoff game against Georgia, but it raised the question of who's gonna win moving forward more often, at least to a more interesting point than it has been with Ohio State's dominance prior to that. And then you know, you in the wake of Ryan Day saying he wanted to hang one hundred on them, you know, the year, the COVID year in twenty twenty, and then Michigan taking that personally and Jim Harbach, you know, sort of leaving but not leaving because nobody would hire him, and so he's back in ann Arbor, and that there is a quarterback of the future at Michigan. There's always going to be a quarterback at the future at Ohio State. And there is something to me about Auburn not even liking their own coach, which I guess they technically never do, but that the tumultuous nature of Auburn football at the moment has me less excited for the Iron Bowl and it makes it feel like it's in a less exciting place. Oklahoma and Texas leaving the Big Twelve make me uncertain about the ramifications of that game moving forward and not knowing what to expect. And I love the excitement around Brent Venables within the Oklahoma fan base. I just don't have a sense for that rivalry with Brent Venables in that top job UCLA USC. I feel like, you know, there's excitement around USC, but we don't know what that is. With Lincoln Riley UCLA. We kind of have a concept for what Chip Kell UCLA is. Oregon's dominated, Washington Callen Stanford hasn't been hasn't had big fallout. You know, you look at that rivalry game, you look at I don't know other parts of the SEC. You know, Florida Tennessee, Flora to Georgia, Florida Kentucky. Like I know, Florida Kentucky's not a rivalry game, but I'm just I'm searching up and down. Like Clemson, South Carolina is not in a particularly healthy place right now. And so I think, just to the average fan, to the dedicated fan, I think Michigan Ohio State has has the spice and the drinking violence involved. To answer this question for me, I.
Speaker 2: Think that's fair. I think that's a fair answer.
Speaker 1: I'd love for it to be Tennessee Alabama. Yeah, that'd be great. At LSU Obama. I thought about Texas.
Speaker 2: And Oklahoma because that's another one that always feels like it's gonna come down to the wire. But I think where I'm really hung up on is the iron ball always has some sort of national significance, not to say that Texas and Oklahoma doesn't, But Alabama is the apex predator. They're the apex predator all the time, and so always having that game at the end of the season that against their hated rival that can knock them off the pedestal, maybe knock them out of the running.
Speaker 1: That's interesting if you if you talk about national implications of the game as a part of your cocktail that you you deem to be important. I get that if we get rid of that, if we are just if we're just intent on making like a fireball cocktail, if we're intent on the spice right that like, ooh ah, what is that in your cocktail? I think it's the egg Bowl. I think the egg Bowl is probably the truest form of a distilled college football rivalry. It's interstate. I do like the egg Bowl. I do like the egg Bowl, if it only because the name. I love the egg Bowl. The egg Bowls has a great name also Thanksgiving. So it's sort of set aside as an important Like the end, NFL can't fully make up its mind how many games they want to play whatever on Thanksgiving. College football sort of narrowed it down at least power five FBS. Whatever has narrowed it down that on Thanksgiving. You know, we had the it wasn't a little bit of Texas Texas A and M a few years ago, which would be great if that came back. But I think it will the Egg Bowl in the way that it stands alone on the schedule and also the unique qualities of the Grove and cow Bells. Just in terms of a game cocktail, it's really going to mess you up, and it in every facet, in every facet, right on the recruiting trail with NCAA violations alleged, with the back and forth nature of the game, sometimes with the coaching personalities with Dan Mullen and Mike Leech and Lane Kiffin obviously Matt Luke. I think that is probably our hour as a sports electric rivalry.
Speaker 2: More importantly, Dan, what is your cocktail? Actual cocktail?
Speaker 1: Good question, good question. Brown liquor tends to really mess up my sleep, Like I'll pass out real quick and then I'll wake up at three forty four am, wide awake and feeling like garbage. So I've been staying away from the brown liquor more and more. I like certain tequila cocktails. Margaritas are fine. I know you can't handle your your tequila.
Speaker 2: Oh God, don't say I can smell it when you say it.
Speaker 1: I like a good mule, like ginger and vodka and simple syrup, that kind of thing. A mohito is fine by me. Rum can can lead me astray a little bit, yeah, but something cold and refreshing is sort of my direction. Like I love that bronze mule cup. You know what I'm talking about, dude, Yeah, yeah, you know I turned bronze something. Yeah, I turned forty and I decided I was going to start trying bourbon. Yeah, Burbon's delicious, but it can mess you up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not drinking enough to mess me up. But okay, I'm just trying it. You know, I'm dabbling with it right now to see if it makes me feel sophistically like an old fashioned You like a dark and stormy Well, the reason I started drinking it just with a you know, a big shaped ice cube and nothing more is because I made some old fashions at a birthday party and dark can storm me.
Speaker 1: By the way, is wrong. I got that wrong.
Speaker 2: Continue, Yeah, yeah, And then I decided, well, I I just don't want to keep putting all that sugar in the drink, and so I'm just going to try it straight, which I had never really done before. And I found that Okay, well I can. I can nurse this over the course of the evening. And now that I've entered my fifth decade of life, it makes me feel sophisticated.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we've been we've been experimenting right now with a little Elijah Craig downstairs.
Speaker 1: So okay, what's your budget? What's your bourbon budget?
Speaker 2: There is a bottle, it's not big enough to actually be considered a budget, let's put it that way.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm saying, like, how much did your bottle of Elijah Craig set you back? Thirty five bucks? Okay, So right around there, if somebody has any suggestions for tye.
Speaker 2: As, We're not We're not going We're not adapting to a lifestyle here. I'm just saying, right, trying it out for the moment.
Speaker 1: Sure, No, I good bourbon is delicious. It's just man, it sends me into a weird direction. Yeah, yeah, do you like any of those refreshing you know, more ice bound cocktails. I'm not a big mule guy.
Speaker 2: Oh really, no, I never really got I read something on Google that the copper cup can poison you. Oh no, and I don't really believe it.
Speaker 1: But that's stuck with.
Speaker 2: Me, and so I haven't No, I haven't gone there in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, tie, Let's let's set aside for the second question number two, that you watch games all day on Saturday, because it is your job to watch as much football as humanly possible on Saturday and talk about it very early Sunday morning. Correct, that's correct. What would it take for me to get you in a stadium this fall twenty twenty two model, like you're a college football st Like.
Speaker 2: You're selling me a c X nine here.
Speaker 1: Huh, it's correct, a mundo.
Speaker 2: Need a good parking situation obviously.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course sort.
Speaker 2: Of goes without saying at this point, I think it would actually have to be with you, okay, because the nature of what we do on the weekends is such that we're pretty much glued to the TV all day, every day, m hm, And so at least if I'm with you, it sort of gives us a theme that we can record and talk about on Sunday night, Okay, and then parking company. Yeah, we'll both be in the dark equally, right, and I won't feel as dumb when I try to go through the other games that I didn't watch.
Speaker 1: But let's let's, just for the sake of argument, say it's a you know, a Thursday night matchup that you know you you can afford to go because nothing else of concert once is happening at that moment, or a Friday night matchup or an early season labor day whatever. So let's just assume that that's not the concern. That we're just talking about the stadium experience that has been missing for a lot of people as fewer and fewer people are going to games casually. So about so, I think parking is a terrific part of it. Any what else is there that would attract you to making a return to a stadium for the first time in a bit?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that first off, the game has to be significant. Yeah, it has to be a meaningful game. It has to be the kind of game that you want to go see live. I also think, and maybe I'm being a little bit of a snob here about this, But we're all friends here. I'm just going to be real with you, please, I on a handful of occasions have had the great pleasure of having the press pass and being able to sort of walk in and just walk where you want and not have to fight the crowds. That sort of thing that's really addicting.
Speaker 1: It's sort of like a more sterile experience.
Speaker 2: It's more sterile, but it's sort of like flying private Like it's short. Yeah, it's just a luxury that if you can have it right, it's sort of intoxicating.
Speaker 1: So I would. I would. So you'd say, not necessarily press past, but a suite access to a sweet.
Speaker 2: Yes, something where I could you know, I'm not talking like j low levels where I need my own bathroom or anything crazy, but you.
Speaker 1: Have high class taste. I get it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like, if if that's an option, then that's interesting to me. Okay, to be honest with you, Beyond that, I don't I don't know if I have any requirements. It just gets complicated when it comes time to actually record on Sundays. So if there's a way around that, and if it's the other thing would be as long as it's not a place that's just ridiculous to get to, you know, a place it's easy and easy out right. I'm open to it. I'm I miss going to game, so it it's got.
Speaker 1: To be the right circumstance. Hypothetically, if there was a decent I don't know, Wisconsin Penn State game in Madison, and we had a dedicated Wisconsin fan who goes to games in a suite and has a swath of parking spots. Yeah, as a wide you know a few parking spots, and I guess you wouldn't need a parking spot if you're traveling unless you rent a car.
Speaker 2: I always come in on a helicopter, So it's not.
Speaker 1: If you were Yeah, of course, if you were invited as a guest of honor with somebody, would just like just get here and you can come watch the game in a suite, would you go, I'd consider it, Oh, man, come on, somebody tie a guest. Depends on the game, depends on the place, that depends on the weather. It depends. I'd be honored. If Wisconsin Penn State were playing in mid September, certainly, yes, a colder part of the year. I don't know I mean it depends, you know. So I don't need the sweet thing I need. I need parking. I need good company. Like if a bunch of buddies invited me to go to a random good game somewhere at a place that I either have been to and like or have been curious about going to, I would try to go. I would definitely try and go. I think it's the people, and then I think it's the ease of getting there, and then it's like I don't really care about Wi Fi that much in a stadium, to be honest, Well that's that's a big thing. People don't want to be disconnected during a game. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've just always assumed that in a big stadium setting like that, the WiFi is not going to work right. It's just not gonna as too many people and networks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, there are certain parts of the in game experience, like you want a million bathrooms. A million clean bathrooms would be wonderful to have tie in a perfect world, But to me, it's more just how easy, Like I just are going to be packed in like sardines on a concourse, Like I just I want more thoughtful stadium design and I think we're getting there with some of the newer stadiums that are being built, but we're still in a sport that has a lot of old stadiums. So I'm kind of with you, like I kind of want to be as an average fan sitting on the twenty three yard line kind of up high. I still want to feel pampered. I still want it to be a nice experience, and so yes, it's nice having a huge screen to watch replays of I don't want the you know, the the Jerry World screen, but I want a nice experience. And I'm just I think I want a three thirty local or whatever some a mid afternoon kick in late September would be my ideal. All we really want is.
Speaker 2: To not be hassled. That's what it comes down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, the ins and outs are. If they're a pain, that's a problem. And so yeah, I want I want thoughtful pampering. That's where I'm at right now with going back to college games, because I just I love as as good as an experience that can be had at a at a football game, which is not a great lie. I've sports and a lot of just because of the starts and stops it's a much better TV sport right now, sort of the opposite of hockey in that way. Hockey doesn't really translate to TV as well as it does in person because of the constant action. Yeah, I want thoughtful pampering from a stadium and got it. That's all I want. And if it's parking, if it's concourses, if it's bathrooms, if it's you know, good local food stalls and things of that nature within the stadium, you know, like they have an NBA Arenas now and some better of the the newer NFL stadiums. That's what I want. That's what I want to get back to a game, because man, TVs are not expensive. They're not expensive like they used to be. So that's where I'm at. But there aren't like I haven't been to like and you, I've been to a lot of places, but you haven't been basically to every Like you've been a Notre Dame, you've been to Penn State, you've been in Georgia, you've been to some National Championship games. But like, I'm sure you're extremely curious about what it's like to go to like Kyle Field or to go to you know, death Valley, either LSU or Clempson whatever, to go to Baton Rouge, like all of these places to go to a game in the shoe. Have you been to a game in the shoe?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no. So it's it's figuring out which experience is going to cater to your luxurious needs the most. I guess, so, I guess that's yeah. I think it's a good answer. TI, good answer, good answer, all right. You you like to talk about and that you used a phrase college football is better when blankety blank team is good or is relevant or is competing for a national title. That's not where I necessarily want to go with this question. But here are the following teams are teams that have they've had recent success, big success, but also finished with losing records in twenty twenty one. Okay, LSU, USC Florida, Auburn, Washington, Northwestern. Now, I don't know if Northwestern is big success, but they won the West the year before, TCU, Texas, Florida State, Louisville. Okay, okay, who of those teams that have been down or have been recently down? They haven't It all changed the way that you view the sport. Like you're like, well, they're bad, but I still I'm happy with where things are whatever, and who being down has made you long for the like the good old days of when they were good. Of those teams that, yeah, we're pretty down in twenty twenty one. Florida State.
Speaker 2: Florida State to me as we were growing up, and I mean you've talked about this more than I have, but some of those old Florida State teams were I mean, they made an imprint on us as college football fans. Yeah, and you know you've talked about it. It's a big part of why you're a college football fan at all. Some of those Florida He's the root for Florida State, if I remember correctly, yep. And so to see that program kind of in a state of limbo and be very uncertain. Of course, they were on the precipice of making a bowl past season before they lost to Florida in that final game, but just the constant uncertainty surrounding that program has really been I don't know, that to me has definitely been a big time bummer over the last couple of seasons. So, you know, teams that make me yearn for the good old days I'm not big on the good old days thing. I think that's mostly BS. But to answer the question, I think Florida State is probably my answer there. I'm desperate for Florida State to rise up again and kind of reclaim former glory.
Speaker 1: As as for teams that.
Speaker 2: You know, them being down has not necessarily changed. I think a lot of these teams frankly, like Northwestern being down doesn't really leave a mark for me, okay, And it's no disrespect to Pat Fitzgerald. I just it's Northwestern football. Let's be real here, right, okay. I Florida being down doesn't really like I would like for Florida to be better. I'm hopeful that they will get there under Billion Naiper. But I would probably answer Florida just because I don't personally feel the connection to the gamers the way I know a lot of people do. So whether or not they're they're they're up there down, it doesn't really make a huge impact because George is coming out of the SEC East for me right now, wow, Okay, So that one doesn't doesn't really change the way I see the sport as much as it might some other folks.
Speaker 1: You know, I think Louisville falls into.
Speaker 2: The same category as Northwestern TCU. These are programs that I'm interested in, but ultimately them being down.
Speaker 1: And you've had an emotional relationship with TCU.
Speaker 2: I just I'm they're dead to me. Okay, Wow, they're dead to me at this point. Okay, So those are teams that them being down hasn't really affected the way that I feel about this as a whole, hasn't affected the vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so okay, of these teams, Florida State being really really good again to me, would be the best for the whatever sport, whatever it means, the sport of college football because of the imbalance and the UH I guess, the inconsistencies, the Clemson dominance of the ACC that there needs to be a rivalry within the ACC, and Miami really hasn't done it within the conference, you know, strung together a number of successful seasons in the way that Florida State and like the you know, early twenty tens was able to do. So Florida State would be the best. But viscerally and visually I need big games at Death Valley, I need big games at LSU. I need that for me for the sport to be at its absolute best and Florida State being great would be terrific. And Auburn holding up there end of the bargain in the I and that would be great. You know, TCU as sort of a big city counterpoint to Oklahoma, at least in the next couple of years. However, long Loclahoma is still give me the big twelve, that's great. And you know tc was you know, playoff ish, you know that's a sore subject in twenty fourteen or whatever. So those I can appreciate all of those. LSU and similarly Florida. I need for there to be big games in the swamp. I need the swamp to matter. And it sucks when Florida is bad to me. It sucks when LC was bad to me, because those are unique places within the sport that I just need. Esthetically, I need those schools to win ten games a year. I just do. I mean for the sake of their rivalry games, for the sake of Liceubama, for the sake of Florida, Georgia, whatever, I need it. So those are the games to me that them being down, them being nowhere near Must See TV has affected the sport. To me, there were a great number of Florida people that.
Speaker 2: Dunked on Notre Dame going four and eight.
Speaker 1: You can just say Spencer Hall's name.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm not even talking about Spencer. There are a lot of Florida pa not just It's not just one person. Yeah, okay, there were a great number of Florida.
Speaker 1: People who dunked on Notre Dame going fournate.
Speaker 2: And I never really forgot that.
Speaker 1: And you took that personally, Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never it just it never. I never was able to wash that down.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Florida being in a perpetual state of like mediocrity, yeah, I could deal with that. I'd be okay with that for some period of time, not rooting for it per se, like BILLI Napier a lot. Actually, I think it's a great hire. But you know, Emory Jones is leaving now and it's gonna be Anthony Richardson's team. They don't have a whole lot of quarterback depth, a bunch of questions. I think they'll get better.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, like we could be we could be here for a little.
Speaker 2: Bit yet before the ship turns around in Gainesville.
Speaker 1: Well, the interesting thing to me about Florida, Florida State and Miami with how much talent comes out of that state and how much that state and we talked about this, I think with Brandon Huffman a few weeks ago how much that state's been rated so Georgia, Alabama. Recently Texas A and M like a lot of top kids have left the state and the coaching hires have been suspected best with those three places recently, between you know, Manny Diaz, the short lived tenure of Mark Richt, Willie Taggert, obviously, Jim mckawaine, will must Champ, We're not able to sustain success. Dan Mullen was not able to get it done in the recruiting trail and in the locker room. That that state could be a fascinating counterbalance if those three schools got their collective acts together to the rest of the sport. The complaint that Alabama has dominated in unforeseen ways, the fact that you know, Texas A and M is loading up. Georgia has loaded up with the number of classes that they've loaded up in no smart small part due to the Sunshine State. Like I almost feel as if they, like you know, when an animal goes extinct or is over hunted or something like. It affects the ecosystem, right, there's a certain balance, and there is something about that with the Florida schools that I feel like has tipped the balance into weird ways within the sport, especially the SEC and Clemson obviously has done a very successful job in Florida as well. That it's almost like they could be the mongoose the honey badger, right, that is the one apex predator to this one animal, this cobra or whatever that's destroying everything in the ecosystem. That's where I think Florida can, the state of Florida can really help to to restore certain amounts of balance within the sport if I'm serious about that. Like its just I see you nodding, you're not laughing at me. I think you might agree with me that there is something to those schools collectively being down and other schools coming in and loading up rosters in new ways. I don't know, I think there's something there. No, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with that. I just like the word mongoose so much an apex predator. On the show, we These did a couple of times now I might have to start using that more.
Speaker 1: Is a mongoose known as an apex predator? Does a mongoose have a natural enemy?
Speaker 2: I would assume something's bigger than a mongoose that could take it out, But they're so.
Speaker 1: Okay, So snakes the natural enemy of the mongoose, especially the cobra, but the mongoos is obviously quick enough to hunt them. Mongoose has a speed and agility on its side when fighting a cobra, but it is not immune to the deadly venom. Sure, cobras can go up to twelve feet and eat small mammals like the mongoose. Okay, but the mongoose is putting up a fight. Sure, the mongoose has has the physical traits, and same goes for the honey badger. With the honey badgers were abled, you know the viciousness of the honey badger. Right, So yeah, I don't know if a mongoose is an apex, but a certain Liam neeson a certain set of skills, right all right? Next topic, okay, tie, similar to my question to you with the car dealership, what would it take for me to get you into PAC twelve football? In twenty twenty. But define get me into you live in eastern Pennsylvania. Correct, you have no natural reason if you weren't doing what you did for a living, what you do for a living to watch Pack twelve football. The game started in opportune times, both because of how late they start and sometimes weeknights, and just that the network that is difficult to obtain what this fall would get you watching noticeably more Pack twelve football than what I assume you currently watch because you don't really have even doing what you do, you don't really have good reason to watch ASU Coal to watch UCLA Wazoo.
Speaker 2: Well, we have two really good reasons the first two weeks of the year because opening weekend, we've got Oregon against Georgia. Yeah, the Dan Lanning Bowl, if you will. That's a really interesting game. Georgia should still be loaded to the teeth, and I would presume we'll be will be a nice favorite against Oregon, but who knows. Sure, So if Oregon pulls the upset there and knocks off Georgia week one, Okay, now I'm starting to think, well, this Oregon team could be contented.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not a Pack twelve game.
Speaker 2: That's not a pack twelve game, but it's a Pac twelve team. And secondly, to build on that, the following week, we have another Pack twelve team in action in a non conference game against an SEC opponent, Utah against Florida. So and Utah should be pretty good again this year. So where I'm going with this is if on back to back weeks we have Pack twelve teams knocking off SEE opponents, now I'm starting to think this conference could be for real. The teams at the top of this conference could be for real. There is a game later on in the year between USC and Notre Dame which I think can further validate maybe the PAC twelve's role, Pack twelve's place on the pecking order, if you will. As we go into twenty twenty two and start to evaluate and look at how these things are going to shake out. What I think could help, more than anything get me into quote unquote into Pac twelve football is feeling like there is a Pac twelve team that is legit. I would like to see a team that first off, can win a big non conference game, whether that's Oregon or Utah or USC at some point, I don't know. Yeah, that's the first thing. The second thing is I'd like to see somebody who could really legitimately play good defense, really physical defense. Sure, for a while, that's been Utah's lane, that's been their music.
Speaker 1: We've had some We've had Washington right, Washington Field some really good defenses over the past five seven years. I don't know how much Washington you watch though, No, I.
Speaker 2: Haven't watched much at all. Yeah, Utah, you know that the defense was not up to snuff.
Speaker 1: This past year. It just wasn't as good.
Speaker 2: But nonetheless, I think those two factors are are paramount need to be able to beat a big non conference opponent early, we'll have an opportunity to see that. And then secondly, I'd like to see a team play defense because if they play defense, I feel like they're legit.
Speaker 1: Those two factors. If I feel like there.
Speaker 2: Is a legit contender in the Pac twelve, or if it just seems like there are a bunch of high level teams, even if they're beating each other up, that makes it interesting to me. That makes it interesting to me, And suddenly staying up late on a Saturday evening to watch those games at my own peril because of what we need to do on a Sunday morning. Suddenly, that's that's more of an interesting proposition to me.
Speaker 1: To me, it's styles make fights. To me, it is when you look at when the PAC twelve has been the most interesting, which was probably around nine to twelve somewhere in there, which I know obviously I have a coincide with Chip Kelly. But forget about Oregon. You look at Stanford's style, Washington State starting, you know, twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, whatever is Mike Leach jumped in there. You have an air raid, you have the speedy spread that Oregon's running. You have Stanford mashing guys, you have Utah mashing teams. You have a wild card ASU that's running a wide open you know, passing based offense. You know what Taylor Kelly and Mike Bercovici guys like that where you have these stylistic offenses where you become curious about what they look like when matched up against each other. And right now I don't. I mean, we've got a ton of new coaches. We have what a second year coach at Arizona, new coach org new coach Washington, new coach Washington State, new coach USC of course, you have a ton of new coaches and a ton of mysteries about what those offenses specifically will look like. So I think that's that's probably what would do it for the most people is known brands and styles up and down the conference, not just what the best team in the conference can do in the first week in September. I think wouldn't that have you more likely totally? I'm not even saying like a national championship contender, Like if Washington State we're scoring forty five a game and USC were scoring forty five a game, it wasn't a top five matchup, but it was number twelve versus number sixteen, you'd be like, oh, I am curious about who wins this like firepower field matchup more so than you currently are. I assume, oh for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I think that goes without saying Dan. I mean styles, as you said, definitely make fights. And you know, there's a reason that outside of all the winning, there's a reason that Boise State has been very interesting over the last fifteen years. Right, They're just they're creative mm hmm. So yeah, I think there's definitely an element of that. I'll also tell you this because of the coaching turnover, and I'm going to talk about Lincoln Riley here. There's definitely an injection of star power to the Pac twelve. And if us C goes out there and if they look legit, if they look tougher, if they're not missing tackles, it's not getting blown off the line. If it feels like a USC team is going to be legit, then then that's interesting to me. Right, that's interesting. That makes the Pac twelve a little bit more interesting. And perhaps we don't pan the USC games like we would on a Saturday afternoon through mid October. Perhaps there's a reason to watch. So I think what I'm saying is give me a reason to watch, and I'll watch. I'm not averse to watching Pac twelve football. We just haven't had a really good reason to do so, at least from the standpoint of the national conversation. Right, they've just not have not really been a factor.
Speaker 1: The star power either has to come from a coach, a system, or a It doesn't have to be a quarterback. You meet Christian McCaffrey. Christian McCaffrey gave everybody in the country reason to watch Stanford games to a lesser extent Bryce Love, who would either run for one hundred and eighty three yards on three carries or seventeen yards. But you need that star power. You need Khalil Tate, you need Christian McCaffrey, you need Mark ease Lee, you need Marcus Mariota. You need those names because it's very difficult to build out those names when you're inherently on a different coast, you're a different time zone, you're in a different starting time PAC twelve needs star power, needs recruiters, needs to keep talent home and sort of build that out. And that's I think that's ultimately what it's going to take. Yeah, next question, next question. In twenty twenty two, Ty, you mentioned Boise State. Maybe that's your answer. You have to select a group of five teams who did not win double digit games in twenty twenty one to fully dive into bed with Who is that team and why diving into bed with so no Coastal Carolina, no Fresno State, Right, no Cincinnati. I kind of think it's ucf okay going to the bounce house. Yeah, I kind of think it's ucf okay. I was impressed with the job that Gus Melzon did last year. I was impressed because they lost their quarterback fairly early. They had to rebuild things, reconstitute it with Mikey Keane, who was young and inexperienced and had some limitations in his game. But they still won nine games. They still played hard, I believe won their bowl game as well. So this is not a team that gave up, despite the fact that they had some key injuries, notably their quarterback. I like gust In that situation, to be honest with the I think that he's always proven himself to be a more creative play caller, run a more creative offense. Right We saw that for years at Auburn, somewhat sometimes sometimes sometimes not all the time, but sometimes I think he'll be able to recruit, you know, great athletes at UCF for sure. You know Florida's going for that, guys who are very versatile, who can plug and play and you know, get him in space. I think his offense is predicated a lot on that, and I also think that it's in a very winnable conference. You know, UCF maybe isn't long for their current setup because they're going to go over to the Big twelve whenever, but you know there's gonna be some drop off now with Cincinnati losing a good chunk of its guys to the NFL. I think the conference is there for the taking, and UCF's got a lot to build on from last season. So I'm I'm pretty gung ho.
Speaker 2: I haven't done the preview work yet, you know, it's still, of course, still a little early for that, but I feel like there's enough coming back, and there's at least enough of a foundation after one year of malson that I'm pretty bullish on on UCF.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you don't have to be bullish on a team just for whatever reason get into bed with I'm going Boise. I'm going Boise because of I like Andy Avlos, I like the unique quality of Boise. I like Mountain West football. I mean, honestly, if I could pick a team with double digits, it might be San Diego State just because of Southern California, new stadium, and I think they should be into the right under the right circumstances, be able to attract, especially in the portal era, a good amount of talent, especially you know, guys leaving the PAC twelve or whatever. So Boise Is at Oregon State this year, also at UTEP. It appears so Boise has in twenty twenty three. They're going I guess I only said for twenty twenty one, but they have Washington and UCF Washington Husky Stadium, So like in the next couple of years, they have really interesting non conference opponents. They're playing Oregon State and Oregon in twenty twenty four, so they're playing in bigger games in September. They've got a younger head coach who should improve that defense, and especially this coming year. I think Hammer and Hank Bockmeier's back, right, so experience QB George Alani got you know, They're just like, there are guys there that are I think going to take leaps in year two of the Andy avlos aera. I still like how quickly they play with that what's his name, Tim Timplow, Tim Plow, the offensive coordinator yep. So I don't know. They're really intriguing to me. Still, Boise State. I just don't sleep on the broncos is. I don't have their exact Mountain West schedule in front of me this year. I don't have any of that, and I don't know if they're going ten and two or six and six or whatever. I just there are enough pieces there and enough narratives that I can get on board with that. I think it's it's Boise State within the Mountain West.
Speaker 2: Smurf Turf.
Speaker 1: All right, I like smurf Turf. I have a non college football question for you, Ty, and you can go in a number of directions with this. Okay, so you're now a man forty I am, and now that you are living in the skin of a forty year old tie, Oh god, where are we going? What advice would you give to people of younger generations myself included obviously younger generation here, I guess in terms of what you wished you either accomplished or saw or experience or able to do. Physically, you're not in your best shape in terms of your joints, right, I mean, I'm okay, you got a bum shoulder?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Ah, you can't really do push ups right now, could you? No?
Speaker 2: I could do push ups?
Speaker 1: Oh you do push ups? Yeah?
Speaker 2: If I do too many of them, then yeah, my shoulder starts to feel like it's going to fall apart.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying regrets, but I'm saying if you had a blueprint for a twenty eight year old right now, and what would you tell him or her about, Like, look, you're not always going to be twenty eight, right right. I don't know if you can say I'm glad I did this, or I'm bummed I didn't do this sooner, or I'm bummed I still haven't done this. What is it that you say before you because like you're I mean, you're not boring, but you're a full on grown up, right You have a mortgage, like you have that you have responsibilities that you didn't necessarily have when you were twenty eight. That's right, you have to you have to live a life not just for you, but for a spouse.
Speaker 2: You You ask this question hoping for some sort of new information for me, but you know I will probably let you down with this answer.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna still prod continue.
Speaker 2: I should have quit my job a long time ago. Okay, I should have quit my job. And actually that would be my advice, my advice to people. If you are twenty eight, pull the trigger, pull the trigger twenty years.
Speaker 1: If you're miserable, or if if you're not, you know, if you if you have the freedom to do so that's correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't just like go in willy nilly and say, you know what, I'm gonna do this. Instead, I have no experience and I'm just gonna.
Speaker 1: Like we're do it.
Speaker 2: You know, get set yourself up in the best position possible before you make the jump. But yeah, you know, there are a lot of people who go into into the office every day. I can say this now because I was. I was kind of in that in that mode. There are a lot of folks that go into the office and just sort of go through the motions. And I love the people I worked with. I to an extent, loved the stuff that I did. I'm doing a lot of the same stuff for you and me now, so I it is stuff that I have always enjoyed. But I don't know that it's definitely a different feel now when you're doing it for yourself as opposed to doing it for the man. So if you're in a situation that you don't feel you're getting anything out of at this point, m hmm. My advice to the twenty eight year old whoever would be strongly reconsider because there are other opportunities out there. Do you wish you had traveled more, I think, so, yeah, there's time for that. Last couple of years been weird. No one's really traveled, but right, well.
Speaker 1: More and more now. But yeah, did you have opportunities that you turned down? Opportunities like what like did were you ever invited to go to Italy? And You're like, I've got a work thing, I can't really go.
Speaker 2: I was invited to go to a European wedding in Poland, which I was unable to go to. But I'm not going to say I have any like real regrets about not going to that one. It's not like tropical got married in Poland a paradise or anything.
Speaker 1: Who's getting married in Poland?
Speaker 2: A college friend?
Speaker 1: Okay, is he from or she from Poland?
Speaker 2: She is?
Speaker 1: Oh she's from Poland. Yeah that would make sense.
Speaker 2: My friends then fiance was from Poland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So I.
Speaker 2: Had the opportunity to do that, didn't go. But beyond that, not really just have not made it a priority.
Speaker 1: Frankly, gotcha? So yeah, man, didn't see the Poland answer like just waks up on you. It just steaks up on you sometimes. All right, Yeah, I definitely I've traveled some, but I definitely haven't traveled enough. I definitely regret that. I regret not playing more rex sports in my twenties. How long were you single after college? Single after like you dated people, so it's not like it's not like you've been with Kate since you were twenty one?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: So, how long were you single and dating but not in a relationship from what age to what age or what gaps?
Speaker 2: Probably until I was about twenty eight, So.
Speaker 1: Twenty one to twenty eight were you all? No? Until you so? Were you in a relationship in college with anybody?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: High school?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know that. We've been podcasting for fourteen years. I didn't know either of those things. No, Okay, do you wish you had been in a relationship in college or high school? Not really? Really? Yeah, I was in a complicated situation in college which then became a real situation in my twenties, and in a relationship in high school for a couple of years. I think I'm all right. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I I'm fine without it.
Speaker 1: I don't know it worked out. I'm good. The pitch of your voice getting higher, that's fine, don't feeling good? No? No, I'm all right, twenty it's a good age. Twenty eight is when I moved to New York and was single for I don't know, two three years, two two and a half years or something like that in New York. But I was with somebody most of my twenties, which was fine. But I'm glad I had that experience after that in New York. In terms of other things I wish i'd I'd love to have done more strength training what I had. We could still get yoked. We can't get yoked. We can get yoked.
Speaker 2: We need to find a gym or we can push the sleds around. That's what we gotta If we can find the gym, yeah, one in Chicago, one here and wherever I'm at, Yeah we could.
Speaker 1: We could.
Speaker 2: We could set that up and by the time it comes to like the season, you know, maybe we could try out for a D three team. We still got eligibility.
Speaker 1: Would Are there any like bucket list physical accomplishments like do you want to bungee jump? Do you want to run a marathon or a half marathon or a triathlon or an iron Man?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Or no physical accomplishments.
Speaker 2: Like unless you're talking about golf, scores. The answer is probably no.
Speaker 1: What's the what you want to? What break par.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that would probably be the goal, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: But nothing else In terms of like what people put on their bucket list, I don't think so. No, I've really I just I don't. You don't want, like to swim in Lake Minnetonka, Like are there any places you would like to And I'm not saying like, you know, run a five minute mile. That's purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minetanga. That's Prince Minnesota, Minneapolis, yea land of ten thousand lakes, So like nothing like do you have do you want to get up on a surfboard? Do you want to do you want to swim with blue whales in Tonga? You got to have some sort of physical But I think I have a physical bucket list. I really don't think I have. Really I don't. I don't think I I just I'm not good at this type of thing. Do you want to draw? Do you want to like take a fast car around the Audubah Like, I mean that's not technically physical in the same way as like diving with the blue whales in Tonga, But like, do you want to take a ferrari or something like that out there. Do you want to learn how to fly a plane? I don't want to do any speed boating. I don't care a sailing. I like boats.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do any of the stuff. I don't care scuba diving in a shipwreck, no, nothing, No, I don't want to do any of this stuff.
Speaker 1: You want to grow an herb garden? You want to start small here? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no no.
Speaker 1: You don't want to attend to a garden? No no, I don't. I like the idea of a garden more than I like the idea of tending to the garden. All I really want is to not be hassled. No, I hear you. That's really all I care about. Oh man, this is where you and I and our brains diverge. I want to be dunking basketball's I mean? I want to cool.
Speaker 2: I will never dunk a basketball.
Speaker 1: That's I would want it to. I would love to. Why Why are you saying that?
Speaker 2: Because I'm forty, I'm not going to be able to dunk a basketball. If I couldn't do it before, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Going to do it now. We gotta get some aspirations in that brain. There's a lot of aspirations in his brain.
Speaker 2: I'm just not interested aund podcasting to heat Tongo wherever. Okay, so what talk to me about your boat goals? My boat said, you're into boats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's not a lot of water around here, so that makes it hard. Oh, I'm not talking about while and palm pak or whatever? Is that what it was in the like do you want to do you want to be like open linen shirt on the Adriatic? What is what is your dream boating situation? Dream boating situations? Like do you want to go whale watching? Do you want to like one of those like speedboats that go crazy fast? Do you want to be yah like an America's Cup type yacht race? What is tell me about when you close your eyes, I'm not your ideal a person. I'm not saying complicated. No, I'm saying what is it?
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not I'm not.
Speaker 1: Do you want a cruise on a yacht in like a Florida like a canal? But it sounds lovely? I just oh, man, ty, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I see this is where I'm different from you. I don't know if I have an idea of these things that I would like to do and try. I would just sort of like to to to do cool things, but I don't. I'm going to edit most of this out.
Speaker 1: There's no way you should be doing that. I don't leave this all in, but.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make myself sound boring. I'm not interested in any of these things.
Speaker 1: He's honest. I'm not his honest. This is I would love to go boating. I'd love it. I'd love I'm planting a seed.
Speaker 2: I'd love to go somewhere cool, but where I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm very indifferent. You can select one college football media member to go to the French Riviera with. Can't be me? Go to the French Riviera and on a yacht you can jump off into the into the sea. Does that sound appealing to you? You and Ralph Russo on the French Riviera.
Speaker 2: Ralph Russo seems like he's got a lot of He would probably have the right amount of energy for something like that.
Speaker 1: You think so, I think so. I think it might be a liability. I like Ralph same. Who would I go with? That's such a good question. I don't know. Ari Ari. Probably he's into super ritzy stuffy. It's probably in the French riviera. It might be a little too rich for my blood though, that's that's fair. No, But I'm saying, does that sound like French riviera yacht right? You know, go down to Monte Carlo.
Speaker 2: That sounds fun. I could do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Yeah, I'm glad we could figure out one boat goal for you. It's a super goal. I don't have any of these goals, Dy, We got to have something here.
Speaker 2: Look, I quit my job last year. That was a big deal.
Speaker 1: I'm still working up to these other goals now that I have time to do. So now you gotta think big.
Speaker 2: We can start start by breaking par sure, and then we can aspire to bigger and better things with respect to travel and boats and planes and uh dive in for whales or whatever. But for now, I'm starting small and we'll work.
Speaker 1: Up to it. You want to take down the niche marrow? You want to get on the sea shepherd? Is that a boat goal? What was it's the uh? Who was the the celebrity that donated the bridget Bardo? There was the bridge of Bardot? Was it was there a Bob Barker. There was It was the Bob Barker. Yeah, the Bob Barker. Yeah yeah, Wanning, Yeah, that seems like a terrible boat that's horrible. Best show ever. Oh yeah, Whale War is terrific. Peter, let's say stars card. What's Peter Hammerstead Yeah, Peter the hammer Hammer said, Man, you got to do better with boat goals. There's so many.
Speaker 2: Look solid verbal at gmail dot com. If you have a peg boat goals, let us know.
Speaker 1: I would love for us to do a show on a boat at some point, which we technically recorded on the New York City Ferry, I believe audio that.
Speaker 2: Wasn't a full show and people did look at us like we were weird. That would actually be a cool boat goal because we've done one in did youkuz? But to do one on a body of water like you're in chicag you got to know somebody with a nice boat.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing domestic I'm not doing a domestic show with you, Ty. We're going bigger than that. You're talking international waters. I want to do a Mediterranean or Adriatic somewhere in that region. Oh yeah, we want to go over do we know any oligarchs. How we get how are we doing this? Well, no, we don't need to know an oligarch anymore because all of those boats have been seized. Deals deals, deals. Yeah, I want, I want to do a show on luxurious international waters with you. Well, this show took a turn. Solid verb. I don't understand what's wrong with thinking big.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm I'm I'm working up the thinking big again.
Speaker 1: Dan, the man, the corporate man had me down for like ten years. Let's see, let's look at the different c's that we could hit the Alborne c solid verbal at gmail dot com is the email where you can hit us up.
Speaker 2: Let us know what's on your mind. Don't forget to follow on social media. You can also find us at verbalers dot com. It's where our bonus content can be found. Soliverbal dot com is a website where you can find all of our shows, where you can find the subscribe links, the follow links. Please do tell your friends about the show, Dan, This is all I have the energy for. Is all I have the energy for today? You've really got You always do this to me. You always throw me this.
Speaker 1: Curveball that I seemingly am unprepared for. We've been doing this now for fourteen years.
Speaker 2: I'm still unprepared for that last question every time.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you haven't given serious thought to your boat goals. I just figured it. I love everybody. Everybody who's okay with boats? Well, does I understand some people don't like being on the water. That's fine, whatever, to each their own. But if somebody's into boats, there has to be a very specific boat goal that you have. I just sort of like being on the boat because I don't go on many boats here. I mean eastern Pennsylvania. They're not a lot. There's not a thriving boat situation here. I like boats.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe a cruse, maybe go on a cruise, but I've heard like mixed reviews on cruise cruise.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking ship goals, I'm talking boat goals. Well, then I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't got any boat goals.
Speaker 1: Do you ever fantasize about in long solo sales? It sounds sounds terrible.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a nightmare. But oh man, yeah, I want to get I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to like circumnavigate the globeer. I don't like you know, come on.
Speaker 1: I want the end of season two succession except you and I you know, on the Dalmatian coast of Croatia.
Speaker 2: Right right, that's all too much to ash sounds fun, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, there's so much. We just head into split. Come on time.
Speaker 2: I'm salt of the earth. Dan, you know that I'm salt of the earth. I'm the everyman here.
Speaker 1: You're not above Croatia. I'm not above Croatia. Okay, that's it. They speaking about your boat goals. Everybody should be thinking about their boat goals moving forward. If you're into it. Well, I don't like the way.
Speaker 2: This show ended, but I'm gonna leave most of this stuff in good. People are gonna yell at me on social media for not being more prepared for this question, but I'm just saying you need to dream. I do dream, dream.
Speaker 1: I just don't care about the whales and tongue.
Speaker 2: I like whales and pro whales, but.
Speaker 1: I'm just not gonna Mercer Island off of Washington see some workahs. I would be okay with that. Yeah, that would be that would be fun. Okay. I have swum with whale sharks off the coast like that. What whale sharks they're just they're like big golden retrievers. They don't do anything, but they are sharks. They don't eat flesh. I'm just I don't eat humans. I don't listen. I went there like the big school bus.
Speaker 2: When I was in Cancun, we did one of those scuba things. Yeah, storkling wasn't even sure and they threw the food in and the tropical fish came and they were all up in your grill.
Speaker 1: I hate it. Okay, I'm not interested in it. But the whale sharks don't do that. They're just cruising around, not interested. They're sharks, it is, They're they're large. I don't need that.
Speaker 2: I don't need I can watch that on the four K TV. Like you said, they're cheap, but.
Speaker 1: They don't attack humans at all. I don't care. I can watch it on TV. What about blue whale though, and Tonga?
Speaker 2: I mean the blue whales are spectacular, Yeah, the scope of that, it's just not a goal of mine. People have stopped listening. We don't need to keep we can do I understand, I understand, but I just like get at the bottom of this with you. I like to hear your dreams because it was your dream to leave that job and you made it happen, and so let's check off another box. All right, we'll think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tying Dan on the French riviera for that guy over there.
Speaker 2: In the Midwestern riviera that is Chicago, Illinois, for myself, Ti Hilton Brand. Thanks about your download inglisting point one at home.
Speaker 1: We will be back.
Speaker 2: Five more questions mind. For Dan, I'm going to have to come up with a sixth.
Speaker 1: That can hopefully stump him on our next episode. I would love it. In the meantime, stay solid, peace,