Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in Episode one twenty two. What's Right with Nick Wright the podcast? By the last week or earlier this week, we asked you all to subscribe on YouTube so we could maybe get to one hundred thousand subscribers by the Super Bowl. I then send out a tweet about that. People evidently were very mean to Demanse in the comments. Man, you told me about it. What are you laughing about?
Speaker 3: Cause no, no, because as soon as you said something about the one hundred thousand subscribers, it made me instantly think of the tweet.
Speaker 2: Man. Evidently you got roasted your mom told me you got roasted. Yeah, she was like, did you see the comments on there there and not being nice to Demanse. So first of all, don't be jerks. Hey, this is Demanse's side gig. However, maybe it's becoming his real gig. We'll show you why in a moment. But here's the real news. We're now, We are like a dozen people away from ninety seven thousand. We are right there. So we need just over three thousand subscribers between right now and Super Bowl Sunday, and I think we can do it. You get a plaque, you get a cash bonus. Were people mean to you on that because I said you're poor? Is that what happened?
Speaker 4: They were coming at me from different angles.
Speaker 3: Man, I've got a tough exterior when it comes to that type of thing. So don't worry guys. Okay, I'm not asking to be flamed anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, exactly. Yeah, be nice to the guy.
Speaker 4: But no, so uh it was.
Speaker 3: The yes, Like, there was one I saw one comment that stood out. It was like he was like, you shouldn't be moving to Los Angeles if you're poor or if you and I was just like, ah, the other guys are coming at me about like my somewhat speech impediment when it comes to the show.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's a speech impediment. You just stumble over your words sometimes. And by the way, La the people have been moving to Los Angeles without having stable, you know, the most stable financial situation for as long as Los Angeles has existed, the city of hopes and dreams. All right, let's get into what is not on today's show. Here's what missed the cut. Katie out at least two more weeks, the new NBA All Star game format and not on the show. And Demanse do other podcasts? Now? Do we have photographic evidence of this? If you're watching on YouTube, you see Demanse on his buddy Daniel Salvador's podcast. You're being called a Fox reporter?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: Did they ask you, like, how do you want to be? Yeah?
Speaker 4: The problem?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, I don't know that you have full authorization to be using the Fox brand as a Fox reporter. By the way, I need to listen to that podcast. I need to check that out. And if you need if you're if you can't get enough Demanse. He also has the Twitch stream right upside down if you want to follow him there. All right, let's get to the show.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, all right, Vegas, you've insulted Nick, right, Yeah, Chiefs open as a favorite since he was a road favorite until right before showtime. Yeah, just flipped yep, and now it's Kansas City by one. Still disrespectful considering mahomes history. Honestly, is this the extra fire at Kansas City needs to beat there boogey man?
Speaker 4: Or is this an ominous sign of what's to come? All right?
Speaker 2: On the gambling side of things, the difference between minus one and plus one and all of that is minimal except four when it comes to teasers, as we talked about on Monday show, if when the Chiefs were getting two and a half or getting one and a half, you teased them, you got immense value. By the way, Patrick Mahomes Demanse has played ninety two career games, cause you could have teased the Chiefs to plus seven and a half. Right, how many of those ninety two games do you think plus seven and a half would have been a winning bet?
Speaker 4: Isn't it so?
Speaker 2: The Chief Mahomes has started ninety two games. If you were getting the Chiefs plus seven and a half. How many of those ninety two do you think would you have covered? I mean, I'll give you a little hint here. He's won sixty eight of the ninety two or sixty nine of the ninety two, so you know there's at least sixty nine of the go ahead.
Speaker 4: I'd say about ninety eighty eight eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mahomes four times in his career is lost by more than one score. So I say all that say this teasing the Chiefs, Now, there is not value because you're teasing through the zero as we talked about last week, and you're only getting them up to plus five or plus six. So if you were gonna include, if you were gonna do the Chiefs Niners teaser, which felt like the best teas are available, it's no longer available. That ship has sailed. I'm not teasing this game because I'm just committed, committed on the Chiefs winning. Now, when it comes to bulletin board material, there's a lot of bullets and board material. The Bengals are given the Chiefs calling arrowhead Burrowhead taught Joe Mixon saying we're the big dogs of the conference. A whole lot of stuff that and I didn't used to believe in bulletin board materials, like that's a media creation. This is it's the playoffs for the chance to go to the super Bowl. But the players year after year, time after time, talk about it being meaningful. The Bengals were clearly motivated by the fact that the logistics of Chiefs Bills being at a neutral citement they had to start selling tickets early. The Bengals kept referencing that and were motivated by that. Everyone thought that this is in bulletin board material but it's of the same kind of a family of motivational materials that the Bills were motivated by having Damar Hamlin in the building or the previous week after Damar's injury when they started the game with the kick return. I do think the Bengals are playing with fire. I also think that the Bengals since Burrow has taken over this era of Bengal football, they have scored one playoff fourth quarter touchdown and was by a defensive end, Sam Hubbard, after the Tyler Huntley fumble return. So the defense really has been the story in these playoffs. Plus Burrow with some clutch plays early but not doing all that much late.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, you know you said the bulletin board material stuff. So like, don't you think it's a little different because is Burrow co signing on this type of stuff. I feel like it's different, like if Burrow was the one calling it burrowhead. You know.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. He's the only one being smart, not doing it right. Burrow has come out and said, you know, the Chiefs are still the team to be Burrow, but I I don't know that it matters where it comes from. And Joe Mixon and Eli Apple and all these guys and Eli Apples not good. That's the other thing. Like the best players aren't doing the trash talking. And I saw Mahomes jogging around at practice Wednesday, being a full participant. And I think the Chiefs this is such a brilliant opportunity for the Chiefs right now because when you look at the AFC, Okay, so the Bills took their shot, and now Josh Allen's cap hit goes up by twenty five million, Stefan Diggs cap hit doubles, Von Miller's cap hit triples, and the Bills are gonna have to pair away guys off that roster. The Chargers are in a similar cap situation and they have to pay Justin Herbert. Right, the Raiders traded for Devonte Adams don't even make the playoffs. Cincinnati is in a wonderful position. And however, this summer they pay Joe Burrow, they pay Jamar Chase, and then they make the decision, can we also pay T Higgins? Probably can't. You probably can't have two twenty five plus million dollar a year receivers. So then they have to make the decision. Are we gonna let t because they have one more year on Ta Tiiggans rookie contract. Are we gonna just play it out and then see him walk in free agency and we get nothing, or are we going to trade him now so we get something back? Allah what the Titans did with aj Brown because they didn't want him to walk and they want to resign him. And now that was a mistake that set out aside. Point is, I think the Bengals are gonna be in it for years and years, but this might be. This is certainly the cheapest their two best players will ever be because and Chase get the extensions. The Chiefs, on the other hand, traded away Tyreek Kill and played rookies more snaps this year than any teams other than Chicago, Houston and Seattle. They have cheap, young defensive players and a lot of cap flexibility and extra draft picks. If that year when they were supposed to be taking a slight step back, when so much of the rest of the conference was positioned for right now, and with Mahomes less than one hundred percent, If even under those circumstances, the Chiefs win the conference, that is utterly and thoroughly devastating to everyone else in the conference. Gets harder for Buffalo, It gets harder for Cincinnati, It gets harder for the Chargers. The Ravens don't. It gets harder for them if they're gonna pay Lamar or not. If this was not the year the Chiefs were supposed to be winning the conference. They're supposed to still be good because they have Mahomes, but the offense takes step back. You're playing all these rookies, win ten to eleven games, win a playoff game, and then be rebooted for next season. If the reboot year they still win the conference, it's a bad sign for everybody, and not only do I think they're gonna win. I don't think this is gonna be who has the ball last Classic. I think the Chiefs are going to control this football game next.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, no matter what I try to tell you about the Chiefs, I know you're sticking with them, but they are serious concerns. When it comes to your fifty to one Super Bowl taken on the forty nine Ers side. To win, you need a rookie quarterback to win in a hostile environment. You do realize that no rookie has ever won in.
Speaker 4: The Super Bowl Super Bowl and you're still not hedging.
Speaker 2: No, I'm still not hedging. And it's very simple. I ain't they. I understand that the Niners have a massive question at quarterback and.
Speaker 3: Crazy You've always been like a stat guy like I feel like this this particular stat we'll stand out.
Speaker 2: So here's the deal. Yeah, I yes, I do care about the numbers. But this is a tiny sample of the rookie quarterbacks who've even been out in a position to get to a Super Bowl. And Sean King, Ben Roethlisberger, uh gosh, I know who the other ones are, uh, Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco. And the distinction that I would draw is number of things. One is, none of those teams had dynamic offenses the Niners do. The Niners have all pros all over the place.
Speaker 4: All of those.
Speaker 2: Teams had great defenses, as the Niners did that. I picked the Niners to win the NFC with either essentially a rookie quarterback Trey Lance. He's not a rookie, but he's essentially a rookie, and the other Like we have seen guys. We saw Russell Wilson in his rookie year win a playoff game and almost win a second. We saw Mahomes in his first year as a starter get to a conference championship game. We saw Joe Burrow in his second year as a starter but first fully healthy year, make a Super Bowl. Furthermore, I just don't think the Niners need great quarterback play. And I am not someone that thinks, oh, brock Perty was this amazing steal. Brock Perty's this great player. I think he is a product of Kyle Shanahan's system. Now am I nearly as confident in the Niners going into the Link as I am the Chiefs at home against the Bengals. Of course not. And while I am team never Hedge. Let me be very honest here, if the Chiefs were the early game and the Chiefs won, and then it would be fifty thousand or zero on whether or not brock Party melts down at the link, I might break my no head's rule where if the Chiefs had it locked in and now it's just the Niners, you know, either win or I lose my bet. Maybe I would, But I do think Niners Eagles is a sixty to forty game in the Niners ed Niner side, even though the line would say it's sixty forty on the Eagles side. And it's not as if Jalen Hurts has exponentially more playoff experience than brock Party. In fact, they have the same amount. They have both played two playoff game. Jalen Hurts played one last year and one this year, and brock Perty's played two this year. Jalen also has has not cooked up a dominant He's been great this year, but he has not cooked up a dominant defense. The Niners have a dominant defense. I give respect to what Jalen's accomplished this year. I know I've been an Eagle skeptic, and thus far they've proven me wrong, but I like the Niners in this spot. By the way. Also, the speaking of hedging, I you know, I texted our group earlier this week. Hedging is for what did I say? Cowards and stock traders. I'm a goddamn gambler. We're making those T shirts. They probably would already be made, but I have not get They sent me the different designs and I haven't on a come to a decision on them. But we should have those by the super Bowl. Al right, next?
Speaker 4: All right, Oh, yes, they just.
Speaker 2: Showed the T shirt. We can show that T shirt again. This is not what they're going to look like. I vetoed putting my face on the shirts. I think we'll put the What's Right logo on the shirt. But we're gonna find a good way to do it. All right, go ahead, all right.
Speaker 3: Bill's GM Brandon Bean had a lot of excuses for a lot of the team that he put together lost. He said since he had a better team because their stars are on rookie contracts. He also said, I don't want to suck bad enough to get Jamar Chase. You have to feel bad. You have to feel for the Bills and Bean here right is a cheese fan. You know firsthand how hard it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, stop that. So here's the problem with what Brandon Bean said, and it's multifold. First of all, it should be noted and demand say, I don't think you know this. But the Bills got Stefan Diggs by trading for him from the Vikings. The pick they traded for they traded a first, a third, and a fourth for Diggs, so three picks. The first round pick that they traded he came justin Jefferson. So if they wanted a cheap rookie contract receiver, they could have had justin Jefferson. They went out and got Digs. And by the way, that was actually fine because Diggs has been awesome for them. Help Josh Allen take the leap, so be it. But you made that choice. Additionally, when you say you don't want to suck bad enough to get Jamar Chase, the year after you drafted Josh Allen, you had a top ten pick, just like the Bengals did. Now, the Bengals the year after they drafted Borrow had the fifth pick. You had the ninth pick. The difference is the Bengals took a superstar wide receiver in Jamar Chase. You took a d tackle in ed Oliver Houston, kid who's been a disappointment. Three D linemen taken in the nine picks after Ed Oliver, Jeffrey Simmons, Brian Burns, and Dexter Lawrence, all pro players. You took the wrong guy. That's first of all. Second of all, here's where Bean's comments really rung hollow. He's talking about how Burrow's on a rookie contract and Chase on a rookie contract, but Josh and Stefan are expensive and not true. Burrow and Chase this year made a combined seventeen million bucks. Alan and Diggs this year made a combined twenty seven million bucks, So more expensive, but ten million. That's that's one good player. Okay. Next year, however, Burrow and Chase make a combined eighteen million, and Alan and Diggs Demanse make a combined sixty million because Allen's contract extension kicks in and Digs's cap hit doubles. So if Brandon Bean was having trouble building out this roster when Alan was making sixteen and Diggs was making eleven, it's gonna have a lot of trouble, and Allen's making forty and Diggs is making twenty.
Speaker 4: All right, next sounds very salty. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Lebron's out forty six the other night and I lost, but it got people talking. Anthony Davis came back Wednesday and they beat the tanking Spurs. Plus they finally traded for a superstar. Let me check my notes.
Speaker 2: It's his name, Ruey Hashimura.
Speaker 4: Ruey hasher more. Oh yeah, I saw some Yeah, well, Anthony days.
Speaker 3: With Anthony Davis coming back, the Lakers could go on a run if they turn it around.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna start seeing Lebron should win the MVP? No?
Speaker 2: I listen, Lebron's been unbelievable since he turned thirty eight. He's averaging thirty five points per game. We've never seen anything like it. And I, you know, I don't even really want to talk about the Lakers lack of moves other than Ruey Hachamura, and I don't want to talk about the MVP thing. Here's what I want to say about the Lebron thing. Okay, he's one hundred and fifty points away from passing Kareem and it seems like the media collectively is decided we are not treating this like a big deal. Kareem has held the scoring title, demonse since before Lebron or I were born. Do you know in the last let me do the math here fifty five years, who has held the NBA scoring title. I'll give you the full list, Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul Jabbar. That's the list for fifty five plus years. Two people have held this for the last forty years. Every single day the NBA's all time scoring leader has been Kareem. It was thought of as a truly unbreakable record. Up to and including five, six, seven years ago, there were articles written that it can't be broken, that it's an impossibility, and Lebron it. It's not only that it is now a fate accompany one hundred percent chance he's breaking it. He's also, by the way, it's so annoying. The Lakers play in their next three games, two of them. I'm going to they play the next Monday and the Knicks Tuesday, and Lebron's probably gonna break it the game or game or two after that. I'm gonna miss seeing him do it by a game or two. I mean, he would need to average fifty a night over the next three, so he's not it's gonna get He's really gonna be just a few, which is also to shame for him too in this regard MSG on national TV. He's gonna go into the game, I think probably needing like like seventy, so he's not gonna be able to do it. So he'll break it at home, but it won't be on national TV. But here's my frustration there. This is one of the many things that folks said would never happen, and now that it is happening, folks are going to act as if this is not the only NBA record that has ever mattered. Like there are team accomplishments and championships and rings and all of that stuff, But all time scoring title, like the all time assist title is held by Stockton, nobody cares the all time steel title, by the way, also held by Stockton, Nobody cares like one hundred points in a game Kareem's scoring record. These are the things that have resonated. And the fact that Lebron what I was trying to say, I interrupted myself, is not only going to break it, but he's going to break it wild dominated, well, he's not breaking it while being a fifteen minute game guy, and then he.
Speaker 4: Might truly make the record unbreakable.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. So Lebron has been He's the youngest guy to every thousand point mark in league history. He just became the youngest guy to thirty eight thousand. But only two people have gotten there, him and Kareem. He's gonna put up forty two forty four thousand points and four context there. And by the way, this is ultimately does become when we talk goat stuff. The longer the timeline goes, the more people are going to think that Michael Jordan being the greatest ever is ludicrous because history is going to look at it and say, okay, so why is Jordan the best? People will be like, well, six championships, It's like, oh, that's the most. It's like, no, uh, Kareem also has six. Oh, it's tied for the most. No, there's this guy named Bill Russell. He has eleven. Oh, okay, the guy is eleven. How long did he eat third?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: So it's not the chips thing. He was just clear far and away the best players. Five mv He is the most MVPs No, that's actually also Kareem. He has five MVPs and we'll see or six MVPs. Pardon me. Oh, so he must have been the greatest scorer ever. Well kind of. He averages the most points. But by the way, I don't know if that's gonna stay because scoring is going up so much.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: Where is he on the all time points list? He's fifth? Oh is it close? Well, no, he scored thirty two thousand points. Oh who has the most? Lebron how many did he score? Forty four thousand points? The gap so right now, right now, this moment, just for context, here, the gap in career points, which is what Jordan was best at, between Jordan and Lebron, is six thousand. The gap between Jordan and Lebron is bigger than the gap between Jordan and Dominique Wilkins, bigger than the gap between Jordan and Paul Pierce. Okay, So I'm just telling you guys, it is and what it's going to turn into is you just had to be there. You just had to trust us that Jordan was And it's like, oh, oh, I get it. He had to go through, but winning those rings, he had to go through like that was when the league was at its best. It's like, well, no, his big rival in the East were the Knicks. How many great players did they have? One? And then there was the Pacers. They were kind of a rival briefly. How many great players did they have? Half Reggie Miller? Okay, that's in the East. But in the finals he had to go through super teams, right like Lebron did all those things. It's like, well, no, not really. He beat the Lakers for first championship. Oh they had Kareems. No, Kareem had been gone, and and Magic was kind of on his you know, on the downslope a bit. Magic was so great. But we're okay, what about the next one? The Blazers they had one great player? But oh oh, the Suns they had one Hall of Fame player. What are the next? The Sonics they had one and a half great players? And so I'm just telling you guys, so more, more of the story.
Speaker 3: Didn't have a shot at winning MVP this year, but he is the greatest basketball player to ever play the game.
Speaker 4: Never missed the opportunity to tell us that Lebron is.
Speaker 2: The well, I mean, yere's the thing. I guess I'll just take the charge to do it because he's about to break the most important record in the history of the sport, and nobody gives a damn, nobody seems to care. And he's doing it while averaging thirty points per game, while when you look at everyone else on this list, how what they were averaging when they scored their final points. It's thirteen, it's fifteen, it's twelve.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: It would be really weird for him to break this record had him not averaging thirty points per game, like you know, like if he happened to break this record while scoring like ten to fifteen points.
Speaker 4: But that's it could be like a really weird thing.
Speaker 2: But that's kind of how these records almost are always broken.
Speaker 3: Right, So like Kareem in and so many points that you've got to be in there for a.
Speaker 2: Long time exactly, So Kareem, even Kareem, when Kareem broke Wilt's record, I'm gonna check real quick. Kareem beat wilt record by seven thousand points. So Kareem. The year he broke Wilt's record, he was still awesome, but he was not League MVP Kareem anymore. He was averaging twenty one a game. Yeah, and then he played another five years when Jordan scored his final points, he's averaging twenty a game playing for the Wizards. The I mean top another top six all time scorer. You look at what Kobe's last year he averaged, like seventeen, Dirk's last year he averaged I think eleven. Lebron, the Lebron's gonna be averaging thirty when he crosses forty thousand points. Nobody else in league history averaged twenty five when they crossed thirty thousand points. It's a little context there, all right.
Speaker 4: Next, so could we got a little poll?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Could I mean not a little pole? Yeah, we do have a little pole.
Speaker 3: Could Lebron have a shot at MVP? Thirty eight percent? Say he has sixty percent?
Speaker 2: He's not gonna win MVP. The team's not gonna be good enough. Uh, this is gonna be Luka Jokic with Tatum having an outside shot and with Giannis having an outside shot. Those your MVP candidates. All right, we're inna a fast b block because I got to get to TV. We'll come right back. Be back. What's right live on YouTube? All right, welcome back? In episode one What's Right with Nick Wright got TV today at three o'clock. Should be a great show. We also got a little bit of breaking news involving the Jets coaching staff that we're gonna get to later in this segment, but demonte let's get right to it, my friend.
Speaker 3: Yes, a lot of speculation surrounding Sean Payton this last season. Seems like he's down to two options between Denver or staying retired. Yeah, Denvergis traded everything for Russell Wilson. Obviously, now they're trading another high pick for a coach. Yep, if you're the Broncos, do you think this is the right move to the right move to make the catch up to Kansas City?
Speaker 2: Okay, so listen, the Broncos do have another first round pick to trade because they got a first round pick when they traded Bradley Chubb, which it came from the Dolphins, but it's actually the Niners pick. So have the Niners first round pick this year. I think hiring Sean Payton objectively would be a great move by them. I do not think that team is good enough for it to make a significant difference, and I do not think that he's going to be able to fix Russell Wilson in a way that's going to make them a contender. I don't think that roster's great. I think everyone overvalued their receivers. I like Javonte Williams, but he got hurt, and running backs after they get hurt, you're always worried about him. So there's that. It is a brutal division, and I think Sean Payton's best option, honestly is staying retired and waiting to see if the Chargers or the Cowboys job comes open, or see if the Cowboys job comes open this year. And I know it looks like they're not firing McCarthy, and I get it, he's won twelve games and back to back seasons. I understand all of that. But if the Cowboys are being honest with themselves, they are not going to break through with the McCarthy Dak combo and they're not doing anything with Dak. So see if you could reinvent Dak under Sean Payton, that's what I would recommend. I don't think they're gonna do that. If I were Sean Payton, You're gonna have just as much leverage next season. You got a great job with Fox, make good money, good life, all that stuff. I wouldn't rush to go to Denver. Now. If they're gonna pay him though five years, one hundred and twenty five million to be a head coach, maybe he does it, but I don't think that makes them catch up. Obviously it's a massive improvement over Nathaniel Hackett, but I don't think it would be enough, especially because that Russ contract is a disaster and all those picks they traded. Is hard to build out a roster. All right, what's our game?
Speaker 4: All right? Today's game? We're playing this or that.
Speaker 3: No time for the tennis court today, but we will be live after the men's final today final Monday. Yet it until then, let's get a prediction from the Australian Open. Winner will be Novak Djokovic or the field.
Speaker 2: First of all, great pronunciation of Djokovic means you've been paying attention to the tennis corner. I would take Novak, but I will admit this is the one major on the tennis calendar that I don't pay that much attention to because it's during the NFL playoffs and because it's happening in the middle of the night, Because it's over in Australia. I am not locked into this the way. I will be the French Open, Wimbledon, and of course the US Open. So I would take Novak Djokovic, admitting that I haven't been watching much of the Australian Open next.
Speaker 3: All right, the coach of the phone felt the coach. The Coach of the Year finalists were announced earlier this week. Many of the names we expected made the final cut, with two notable exceptions. The bigger Coach of the year stuff was Dan Campbell or Andy Reid's.
Speaker 2: Andy Reid, No, well, listen, coach of the year. I think Belichick's only won it once or twice. A Coach of the Year has become what it means is like overachieved, yes exactly, And I ain't Coach of the year this year. Actually is Kyle Shanahan. So I was third quarterback. They got the two Seedy. I think he deserves it. So I'm good with Kyle Shanahan. But everyone pretending like they expected the Chiefs to be dominant this year. They're lying that is not what Vegas thought, that is not what the audience thought. And then Andy Reid, It's like, oh okay, no big deal. They had the highest scoring offense and the most efficient offense despite losing the guy that some people think is the league's best offensive weapon, and by nobody. The Chiefs number one receiver Mcole Hardman has been out for two months and nobody and their number one running back's been out for two months and they haven't missed a beat. But I understand Mahomes gets the credit, but he should Andy should have at least been nomine by Ain Kyle Shannon's Coach of the Year.
Speaker 3: By the way, the finalists were McDermott, Sirianni Shanahan and Dable and.
Speaker 2: And Doug Peterson. I don't understand how Sean McDermott gets nominated and he read doesn't. I just don't. And maybe it's because they think he handled the DeMar Hamblin situation beautifully, so like, maybe that's it. But if that's it, that's fine, But I don't understand otherwise, all right, next.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: During the Bills game, Stefan Diggs was visibly upset at Josh Allen, and after the game he reportedly attempted to leave the stadium before the coaches even made it to the tunnel. Yeah, Stefan Diggs is a competitor or a cry baby.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna actually go with both. Listen, this is an emotionally immature team, and Josh Allen actually plays kind of an immature style, just going for kill shot after kill shot, deep ball after deep ball. We saw their offensive coordinator, remember the timber tantrum he threw in the booth, throwing the papers and everything, just a couple of months ago. So if that's okay from Ken Dorsey, a grown man in khakis, you know what I mean, up in the booth, then Stefan Diggs can get upset on the sideline. What's not good from Diggs is he seemed to be blaming Alan directly, and I don't think that's great for their team. But I think he's a competitor and I think he's whining a bit.
Speaker 4: Next, all right, Bill.
Speaker 3: O'Brien is returning to the Patriots. I didn't know that the Patriots hired competent assistance. Next season, bill O'Brien will turn back around or burn mack down.
Speaker 2: I think Mac will be a little bit better, so I guess I'll say turn back around. But here's the problem. Belichick refuses to hire anyone other than his kids and people he taught football to. Everyone on his staff is either related to him or someone who previously was on his staff. He needs to bring in new blood, someone that will challenge him and try to bring some cutting edge ideas. There's a Boston Herald article that came out this morning. I haven't read the whole thing about how dysfunctional that entire team was this year, and Belichick seems destined to just keep making the same mistake again and again.
Speaker 3: Next All right, Aaron Rodgers is reportedly open to a networking or being sorry, reworking his deal, reworking his deal, either for the Packers or another team if he's traded. Wait the fifty million dollars quarterback held back his team.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers is sincere or trade bait.
Speaker 2: It's trade bait. I think Rodgers getting traded. I think Packers want to trade him. I think Rogers is finely being traded. I wouldn't give up a first round pick for Aaron Rodgers, but maybe somebody will. I think it'll be a mistake. But that actually brings us to our next question. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Aaron Rodgers breaking news, his buddy Nett Hackett was just named Jets offensive coordinator Nett Hackett.
Speaker 4: Great hire or the best of the best hire.
Speaker 2: I mean if this is the Broncos evidently hired Hacket hoping to get Rogers. Now the Jets are doing the same thing. What a great setup for this guy, Nad Hackett, who like, if you remember, Collinsworth told us during one of the broadcasts, the reason Rogers liked him so much was because he made him laugh and they played darts together or whatever, not because of his brilliant offensive system. But this does to me set up for the Jets trading for Aaron Rodgers. I think that's pretty clear. That's why they're bringing in mad Hackett. And I listen, I think Rogers is clearly on the downslope. I think we saw the Cliff come and get him this year, and he's wildly expensive. But the Jets they think they're right there with competent quarterback play. So you'll see if they get it from Rogers. I don't believe in it, but we'll see what happens, all right. Last one, Oh this for me Demonse officially and invited guests or other shows. Now Demonse stands are real I'm feeling like a proud father or a monster maker. Look, Demonse, look at the screen.
Speaker 4: Look it's that.
Speaker 2: That's Demonse just taking over me on First Things First. That's Demonse with Joe Rogan. This is why you should watch on YouTube. That's Demonse with Joe Rogan watching First Things First in the background, and you're wearing the same outfit for both of them. Uh No, I'm proud. I love it. I love that. Uh, Demonse, do you want to mention Daniel's podcast?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, Dani, I'm sorry. If you see this, oh we got it, we gotta go over it and stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I did it, I got you. Don't worry about it. That's fine. No, I love that answer that. I am prouder now than before. Demonsey's like, no, I don't want to mention that. I'm not sure what's going out there. Not sure. We're just not doing it okay. And by the way, the Dangels I can see this, you know, and watch my podcast, so it's no problem. But no, I'm I'm even prouder now. That's great. Follow him on Twitch right upside down. Oh, ask your questions now in the comments. But take quick break, come back, answer the listener questions. Next where we wrap up episode one twenty two. What's right? Our episode one twenty two. We're now answering your listener questions live on YouTube. Demons, go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Our first off, we got Jonathan Appraisa or Piza Sorry it said Nick. Do you think the trade between Westbrook and Lavine will become true? Apparently Chicago is interested in this trade if Laker's had two first rounders.
Speaker 2: I don't think that Rob Polink is making any significant moves of the deadline. I think that. I mean his quotes this week that were like, I would only make a move if I thought it put us in championship contention, which is him saying we're not the team I built, can't win, right, which would make sense if so, if going into the year, if you're Polenka, it's like, what's the best case scenario for how Lebron's gonna play? Well, he's exceeded that.
Speaker 4: If you feel, all.
Speaker 2: Right, what's the best case scenario for how Anthony Davis is gonna play? He's exceeded that. Now he got hurt, but he's back now all right? What about uh, how the west is gonna shake out. Is anyone going to be running its dominant teams? Nope? Wide open right now, there are two games separating the five seed from the twelve seed. So everything fell exactly the way you had hoped, and yet you still don't think you're a championship contender. Why because the roster is not good enough. You built the goddamn thing.
Speaker 4: It's so frustrated, unfortunate that is in this situation. Even though he doesn't seem like.
Speaker 2: Really, oh he's mad, No, I think he cares onlinka guy.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a coward.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. It is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: That's what this guy's legacy.
Speaker 2: And the Lakers and Polinka got the job. He was Kobe's agent and then they hired him be the GM. They were an unmitigated disaster until Lebron saved them because he wanted to live in La then got Anthony Davis to go there. And now it's like they're punishing it Lebron because he pushed them to trade.
Speaker 3: For Westbrook, aabotaging sabotaging Lebron, so he doesn't surpass Kobe too much.
Speaker 2: So what you just said there sounds ridiculous, except for the fact that that is like on like the deep web of like the biggest Lebron stands there are. They truly believe that that the Lakers are actually not wanting to win because they don't want Lebron. That I don't believe that. I just believe they're bad at their job.
Speaker 3: All right, next, All right, Ryan Fitzgerald, he wants me to do something.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Nick ran his.
Speaker 3: Best to worst case scenario on the Super Bowl winning teams Bengals winning at all, worst case or Philly that he's doubted.
Speaker 2: My best case scenario is obviously the Chiefs, my worst case. My second best case scenario would be the Niners because it would prove me so correct that Jimmy g was just a product of the system and that anybody could come in and do what he did or do it better. My next best case scenario would be the Bengals, because I give them credit like I don't. If the Bengals beat the Chiefs for a fourth straight dime and then win the Super Bowl, salute, we got a real they have a real claim they're the team to beat, and the Chiefs got to go chase them.
Speaker 4: Salute.
Speaker 2: Good for them, they will have earned it. And then the worst one would be the Eagles because I've doubted them all year. Those fans already hated me, and those are some and I go to Philly a lot to play cards. That's that would be the worst. Yeah, there would be no question that would be the worst.
Speaker 4: All right, Next, conrac Queeny, says Demonse.
Speaker 3: If you get it that one thousand dollars bonus, how much of it will you bet on an insane super Bowl parlay?
Speaker 4: Twenty five percent?
Speaker 3: What I'm kidding, that's not a good idea.
Speaker 4: I'm joking.
Speaker 2: Works one hundred bucks on a super Bowl parlay? Yeah, man, Demonsey's the gambling hasn't been going great for Demonse lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I don't, I really don't even I don't like that there's only like two guys.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: That's what I knew. That's what you were about to say, Yeah, you can't put in an exotic seventeen parlay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I only I was just telling him at earlier. I want to just do teasers all the time now.
Speaker 2: Like teasers are teasers are dangerous because they always look like Danny And yes, Danny and I have a long standing joke of we text each other a couple teasers a week and then just text in all caps. How does it lose? Yeah, Like it feels like they can't lose, No.
Speaker 3: And ever since I switched up my freaking my the bills plus two and a half to sense you back to plus thirteen or thirteen or whatever, I just feel like a wizard with it.
Speaker 4: Like I feel like.
Speaker 3: With everything that you've given me about you know, teasing across his zero and all that. Yeah, I feel like when I make those teasers, I really am that. And the losing the first five hundred to the Dak Prescott freaking yeah, pick to the jacks.
Speaker 2: But I still can't believe you did that. You woke up at two in the morning and made a ten X bet the old ten you or I guess you're you were betting like twenty to thirty dollars a game, So I guess that's like a twenty unit bet you made.
Speaker 3: I mean, initially I was doing like fifty seventy five, but I was doing it like just on.
Speaker 2: The line, right, you were ok at yeah, right, And then you were betting smaller amounts on super long shots. Yeah, and then how many legs? Was that teaser four?
Speaker 4: Five or it was all? It was all four of the games? Last? Are you talking about the one that yeah, the Dak Prescott. Yeah it might have been five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a lot of way. That's the thing, just and I just so you know, it's not free money. Once you need five separate outcomes fors tough, but doable. I would stick to two or three team teasers, but it's fine.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: One last question.
Speaker 4: Justin Dusty, say, can demonte started streaming on Twitch for longer than forty minutes?
Speaker 2: All right, Dusty, what why are you annoyed with him?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not annoyed. That just didn't happen. So I did. It was two separate streams that I did.
Speaker 3: There was one where you know, I was I think I was just playing mad, and then I had switched over to Fortnite. I think the stream had told it out to like an hour and forty five minutes. It's not my fault, you cameley.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we'll take that. See we are really super serving. One audience member right now was Demonse is explaining to Dusty how he what happened on that thing? I think that means it's probably a good time to end the show. You can follow Demonse on Twitch at Right upside Down. You can follow Dusty on Twitch. I think it called me d Black Goda. He's our one of our producers. First things first. Also a loyal listener to the What's the Right Show? Subscribe here on YouTube. Let's get to one hundred thousand. We've got a couple weeks left to do it. See you guys. Want to see you tomorrow for our gambling show, What's Right
Speaker 4: Show