Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone, Elvis durand the Elvis durand phone tapping Daniels, we need a phone tap today, So Josh wants us to phone tap his mom. He's getting ready to move into the dorm for his first year of college. A lot of people are doing that right now. Mom is paranoid about the college lifestyle, which makes sense. So he's like, you know what, call has my new roommate. So that's what I did.
Speaker 2: You the new roommate.
Speaker 1: I'm the new roommate.
Speaker 2: Just cannot go well, all right, here's Daniel's protap. Let's listen in.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, I'm looking for Josh. Please. This is Oh my gosh, it's so nice to meet you. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm falling? Who's this?
Speaker 1: This is Jamie, his roommate from college, and I just wanted to call and talk to him because I wanted to say there's anything extra he wanted me to bring when I go to school.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's funny because he never ever mentioned that he had a girl as a roommate. It's it's just coming as kind of a shock to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's it's fine because it's co ed dorms at the school. I mean, your son's adorable. I love having him as a roommate.
Speaker 2: Okay, and your parents are with this, and I guess, you know, I'm just I don't even I don't know what to say. I'm a little I'm a little perplexed about how this happened. And you know, he never mentioned he kept talking about you, but I assumed that your name was a guy named But I'm.
Speaker 1: Really come from a great family. I mean, my dad was arrested, but that's a different story. But other than that, everything was arrested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a misdemeanor. I was like, not a really big deal. But you know, anyway, I'm really from a great family, and my mom is awesome. She drinks now and then, but you know, I don't drink, so we're good.
Speaker 2: Okay. You know I think probably, Well we'll probably meet you soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you'll meet it when you come up.
Speaker 2: Parent going to come up.
Speaker 1: Oh that'll be awesome. Well, you'll con meet my dad then, because he just got out and he would love to meet you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that should be a pleasure. But you know, I think you might want dividers.
Speaker 1: No, no, we're good.
Speaker 2: Diviners might go you know, across the room or something we don't need.
Speaker 1: We don't need that. It's cool. I have no problem changing in front of a guy. I've no problem with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm Josh has always been very shy, so I'm thinking that maybe he might feel more comfortable with.
Speaker 1: Something like that, or don't even worry. Once he sees my knox a couple of times, there's gonna be no problem shyness. Do it right out the window.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean, what is your major?
Speaker 1: I'm undecided right now, you know, I'm just really what happened was is my mom kind of said you have to go to college. You don't want to end up like your dad, So I had to go.
Speaker 2: I want to know you called.
Speaker 1: Do you know if there's anything he needs like my mom? My mom will even buy us alcohol if we need it for the room.
Speaker 2: But you want to get back to you on that.
Speaker 1: I'm only kidding. I'm only kidding. That's a joke. That's a joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's cute. Okay, yeah, okay, all right, it was a pleasure. Bye but yeah, bye bye bye, Josh. Yeah, I just hear a call from your roommate. Oh, Amy, you never told us that your roommate was a female. Never you never mentioned it. And she revealed some things to me on the phone, candidly about oh, the first time you ever see her, as she put it, knocks, and that's all that you'll be. You won't be shy anymore. She's a random roommate. You and I are going to come up there and we're gonna put a screen up. We're gonna get a fold out screen. We're gonna put it between the two beds so that you have some privacy in that room. I mean, what if she brings guys in there, but well I know that, but not living with them where they're changing and they's a bath you have to share the same bathroom. You could catch a glisse of her veragining there, and that's another thing that worries me. I won't be able to sleep at night.
Speaker 1: A deal.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal, Josh, it's a big deal. Do you have any idea?
Speaker 1: Mom?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 1: You shouldn't be so upset because it's only a phone tap. This is Daniel Narrow from Elvis Durant in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Show, and.
Speaker 1: God Jamie is actually a boy.
Speaker 2: Oh say Gods. Durant phone.
Speaker 1: Was pre recorded with permission granted by all for dispras the Elvis Duran phone tap. Only on Elvis Duran in the morning show