Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori with you. Katherine Nadal has been a certified public and psychic medium with the Forever Family Foundation back since twenty thirteen. She's a registered nurse, retired Army colonel, thank you for serving thirty years. Certified grief educator with doctor David Kessler's Grief Training Program. Catherine is also a witch and reverend and our Lord and Lady of the Trykinian Church in Salem, Massachusetts. In December of twenty twenty three, she began to host a weekly radio show in Tampa, Florida called Bringing the Darkness to Light. A couple of her latest books include of Course and She Danced by the Light of the Moon and then Seeing More Than Clouds in Your Coffee. Catherine, Welcome back, Cove you.
Speaker 3: Ben very good. Thank you so much George for having me on again.
Speaker 2: Have you Ben?
Speaker 3: Oh? Very good? Yeah, you know, I was so curious. I was listening to your other guests prior to me coming on, and it's fascinating in an elevator with God. You know, I believe as a witch. I believe in a higher power. I believe in the God and goddesses, but I also believe in getting signs and symbols, you know. And it's pretty incredible because just in November I had been out in Las Vegas, and on my return from Las Vegas, I had a very vivid dream and in the dream with doctor Lourie Nadell, who you know very well. She wrote the Folly to my book, and she was telling me that she had the information about the radio show. And in the dream, I kept saying, well, give it to me, and she kept saying, you have it. So I woke up and I thought, jeez, what is this about? You know? So I just went to the internet. It was bothering me. I said, how do I get a radio show? And there was only one and it was in Tampa. And the idea that I saw palm trees behind her, and she currently lives in Florida. I saw him send an email, and I sent an email, and four or five hours later, this man called and I didn't know it was, you know, my phone was flipped over. So I said hello, LI said, not knowing, and he said fourteen ninety wwpr And I said oh wow, you know you called and he said, you know, why did you reach out? And I said, I know it's going to sound odd, but I'm a psychic medium and I had a dream last night, he said last night, and I told him about my life and everything I said, he googled and finally he interrupted me and he said, I'm sorry, but everything you've said is the truth. I said, of course, when you think I'm William and he laughed. He said no, he said, I never met anyone like you. He said, you can have a show and I said, oh okay, and he said, and I'm going to name it for you. And I said you're going to name it and he said yeah. He said, the only name for it is Bringing the Darkness to Light because I told him how many people that I know in the music business, and you know, MYPD and nine to eleven and fire and military and Navy seals, and I said, they all have a story to tell, and I want to tell their story with them, and he said that's the title. So since November, since December, I've been doing this radio show and it's just pretty incredible towards I mean, it's not at the level of yours, but I've learned so much.
Speaker 2: It's for it's fun thought.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a lot of fun. And so many people, you know, I have a nice platform on Instagram and a lot of people have reached out to me because their friends have done my show and they say, I have an album that's going to drop in a month, or I'm putting a book out, or I'm you know, I'm doing this and it's really interesting because AM radio is alive and well, you know, right here in New York we have seven seventy WABC, we have seven ten WOY. You know, AM Radio was still a live you know, and that's what they're excited about, you know, because there's so many podcasts out there.
Speaker 2: Catherine, tell us about your title of this book, Seen more than Clouds in your Coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that was my first book, and that came out around twenty twelve, and it was inspired from my late teens because you know, in my family, we would drink Italian coffee and my friends would you know, we would go to kind of coffee shops. They after college and we would go to these Italian cafes and the Bronx and you know, joking around, I'd lean over and say, let me look in your cop And there was one guy that I used to hang around with a lot, and he knew all the cafes in the Bronx and the pizzerias and stuff, and he said, well, you know, I'll buy the coffee if you tell me about this girl on date and whatever. And the more we started to go to these places, the more accurate he said my information was. So we started telling the the owners and the girls that were serving the quothie, and they all wanted readings. And he said, you know, you really have something here. And then, of course, because of my life, you know, the military and everything, I didn't pursue it. And then when I came back from Iraq, my battle buddy had asked me to promise her that I would work with the public after coming back from Iraq, and I did. And it was the first psychic fair. There was a woman pull A Kara Kappa. She had a very big psychic fair in Westchester County, right outside of New York City, and she said, do me a favorite, Just bring you a coffee machine and your cops. And I said, oh my god, I'm going to bring a book. I said, no, one's going to be interested, and she said, just bring it. And I had so many people online, you know, even some of the ladies pitched in to help me wash the cups in between the readings and stuff. So it caught on. And one of the reasons for the book is because I started to take photographs of the image in the cup. So as I was doing these readings, they said, how am I going to remember this? And or how am I going to show this to somebody? And I said, take your phone out and we'll start taking pictures of the images in the cup. So the first book is really about my coffee reading. The second book I put out was more about my life because a lot of people had started following me wanting to know how is it possible, how could someone you know become a colonel, and how could someone like me be a registered nurse? How could you separate and balance your life and in the middle of it all also be involved with doing you know, psychic psychic work, paranormal work, and being a psychic medium. So the second book is really kind of a you know, storytelling about my personal life.
Speaker 2: What was it like being a witch in the military.
Speaker 3: Well that's interesting because several years ago and I know your audience could probably look it up on the Internet, but there was quite a few people that had spoken up. One couple in particular been very vocal because in the military, when you pass away, they will actually give you a headstone and they have all the different symbols for every different religion. But at the time Wiccan religion was not being acknowledged, and this family actually reached out to the Department of Veteran Affairs and made a point of it that Wickans are, you know, a real religion and we do need a symbol, and it was granted. This is probably about more than fifteen years ago now, and it was honored. And now headstones can have the pinnacle, you know, which is the star that is put on the grave, and being a wicked is recognized in the military. And it's interesting because I started working in Salem, Massachusetts during Halloween seasons since I wasn't living there. I worked for about maybe seven seasons with Christian Day, who you know, you've had him on your show. And I worked with Lori Bruno and I worked with you know, I worked with a few of them up there, mostly with Christian and you know, I would always tell my commander in the military, you know, just so you know, it's Halloween, so you know, don't put me on any trips or I don't do anything too big because this is my whole month. And you know, they'd kind of smile and stuff, but they never really, they never really said anything about it. And I, you know, as I grew with my rank, you know, as I was getting advanced, increased responsibilities, I'd have to sit down with my supervisor. And sometimes it was a colonel, sometimes it was a general, and I'd have to say, you know, just so you know, I'm going to be doing a radio show, and just so you know they're going to be writing an article, and just so you know, I have a website, and they just kind of smile and shrug their shoulders, like it never really came into any kind of a you know, any play in it. But a few times my soldiers, because we would go on trips, you know, we'd go to locations and sometimes the towns were old, and we'd be driving in the car and they'd say, Colonel adult, do you feel anything, are you seeing anything? You know, and they'd kind of laugh about it, you know, but that was really kind of the extent of it. You know, it didn't really interfere with anything. I kept a lot of things in their own folders or in their own categories while I was doing things.
Speaker 2: You stayed in the army for thirty years.
Speaker 3: Thirty years. Yeah, I joined, believe it or not. I joined thinking I was only going to do eight years, and it was a contract for them to pay for my bachelor's degree. And you know, I signed the contract and then you know, about a year or two in, they said, oh, you didn't really sign an eight year contract. You signed a fourteen year contract because it's one year for school, two years back in the military on top of the original e. And I said to my dad, I said, Dad, fourteen years. He said, well, you know you joined you were like twenty two years old, so you know that'll go fast. And when the fourteen years came, I said to him, well, you know I can get out now. He said, don't you dare? Get out.
Speaker 1: He goes do.
Speaker 3: Six more years and get a twenty year letter and then you'll have a pension one day and when you're young. You know. He was really very adamant about it, but he had he had left his high school in the eleventh grade in nineteen forty six to serve in the Navy because of the war effort and everything that was going on at the time. So he really understood commitment and he understood sacrifice. And him and his best friend had promised their parents that when they came back, they would get their deed in Brooklyn, and they did. So this whole story of how I wanted to get my education paid for and how I promise that all meant a lot to him, you know, and I was glad I had his guidance because you know, in the back of your mind, you're young, and you're like, hey, I got so many things I wanted to do. I could have left it fourteen years. But then when I got twenty years, George, and I know you served and thank you for your service, it gets a little busy. Oh yeah. But you know when you when you get pulled into something and you're like, oh, I can't leave now, I can't leave now. It's with any occupation, you know, when you become a subject matter expert, they kind of start twisting your arm and telling you you're so valuable and everything. So I really had a hard time leaving. But you know, the best part about it was the work that we were doing. You know, we did some really tremendous work in a lot of different areas in the military. And you know, the biggest thing is, and I say this all the time to parents because I talk with a lot of parents, it's not for everyone, you know. So if you know someone thinks they want to join, they really have to ask themselves, why do you want to join? Because I remember being on strict diets for a long time and giving up desserts and standing on scales and running all that stuff and doing all that pet stuff. You know, so there was a lot of things, you know, and and the bigger things, you know, being away, being you know, deployed, being in the areas you know that have. You know, now I have exposure from you know, long exposure from being in you know, in that area. So you know, a lot of us now have service connection because of the exposure, similar to to nine to eleven. But you know, for those countries, they have different things that happen there, such as burn pits and things. So it's a big sacrifice. It's definitely not for everyone. But you know, I really am glad that you know, the military has been able to move, you know, with the future, you know, and just being wicking and having to ma acknowledge that it's just one movement towards the future of how you know, everyone is included, you know.
Speaker 2: So what came first for you being a psychic medium or being a.
Speaker 3: Wickan psychic medium. Yeah. I was a little girl and I was fishing with my dad and he said, you know, we're going to go out and we're going to do crabbing, and we're going to have a lupster crab net and don't touch the rope. And I said okay, and he walked away and I heard pick it up, pick it up, and I said, well, I'd better go pick it up. So I pulled up the rope and it was the biggest blue crab that day on the dock, and I said, I'm going to pay attention to that. And then I started having a lot of dreams which I thought were normal, and then when I started discussing them with my dad, my dad was like, they're not normal. We don't talk like that. We're Roman Catholics, and he kind of really shut it down. But I knew that I was seeing things in my dreams that were going to happen, and they did. Yeah, it was kind of Yeah, it was hard because it's a formal clairvoyance. Some people see it in their walking days, which I do, but as a child, I only saw it in my dreams. And that was the hard part because I knew what I was saying, and then I had to sit there and wait to see if it was going to happen. And it started happening, you know, So that's when I knew I had something happening.
Speaker 2: Now in a couple of months, you're going to be at what is called the Witch Trials.
Speaker 3: Yes, Charles, Charles Rosene is going to be on the program tonight, but he's actually invited me to do Para Con which is in Connecticut in July, and it brings together a lot of paranormal specialists and I'm going to be presenting with Dan Sturgists. Dan and I have done a lot of investigations together. He's also featured on the Travel Channel. He does Paranormal Quad on camera. And then the following months, I'm going to be joining Charles again and we're going to be doing the Witch Trials and that's in Hartford, Connecticut. It's the first time it's happening, and it's it's kind of a big deal because last year the state of Connecticut, they finally on a congressional level, acknowledged that witch hunting was you know, inappropriate and that shouldn't have happened. And they were probably early on one of the first to you know, to kind of make the proclamation about witch hunting, but they would get the last to come around and say the wrongdoings of witch hunting. So as you know, you know, witch hunting has been going you know, was going on for many centuries all over the world. You know, there was a big movement of it in England and there was you know Salem, of course everyone knows the story of Salem, and you know Germany, and there's different areas of the world that actually had witches that were condemned and wrongly. So so having this happened, so you know, local close to New York City, I wanted to attend because it's so important, you know, to educate the public of what was actually happening, but also having them know that the which community is alive and well and you know that we are a community and coming together and helping educate people know who we are and with the history of you know, the positives and negatives of the of the history, and I think that's really important.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more