Speaker 1: What's something y'all was going on BROD Radio.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Hey Hanks agree, that is your boy? You know he's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What Up is dj E f N?
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: The most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk facts.
Speaker 2: This is Drinks Radio. Every day is New Year's Eve. That's right?
Speaker 1: What he good be hoping?
Speaker 2: He's still boy?
Speaker 1: What Up?
Speaker 2: Is dj E f N? And this is gonna take a crazy.
Speaker 4: Wall Radio black drink.
Speaker 2: He's a utainer Crazy Roll Radio. I did that on purpose. I thought somebody would say no, but nobody's the same thing.
Speaker 4: So we have hands down my favorite o G A person that every time I call him, he responds he he's never been Hollywood.
Speaker 2: He's never played this Hollywood game.
Speaker 4: As he was coming here, I told all my friends, I said, listen, they said, you know I you know what I said, Ice gonna come doub low and walk up byself. Absolutely, it's exactly who he is. He's been like that ever since I ever knew him. And he continues to be the realest person. I. I strive every day to try.
Speaker 1: To be like this man.
Speaker 2: When I'm you know, have that many years in this game, I would like to be like this stout.
Speaker 1: Stop it.
Speaker 4: And if you don't have Twitter, you should get Twitter just to follow this man at final level.
Speaker 2: He drops the daily game every day. I'm always watching. I always suspect it.
Speaker 4: And in case you guys do not know who is in the building right now, we got the legendary motherfucking ice tea in the building makes something?
Speaker 2: What's that were down?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 2: Look at our bottles?
Speaker 4: Look but this is That's one of the first questions I have is because most people that have the experience, have the years and have the game, where that like, go what happened to the life.
Speaker 2: EXPERI I look like, what's set up?
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 4: Ogs in the game that has been in the game as long as you have are.
Speaker 2: Not social media savvy.
Speaker 4: They're not on Instagram, they're not on Twitter, they're not on these uh ways that their fans can actually hit you.
Speaker 2: Why did you feel that you embrace social media?
Speaker 1: In my opinion, you know when I when I when I first started, we used to have a fan clubs, you know, and people would write in and then we would send them back stuff. And I had my homie Shiney Shine ran the fan club, and it was very important to get my fans on board and to make them feel like they was part of whatever, whatever my movement was. So when I got into it, I looked at out. I wasn't really into Facebook. I don't have a face any because I'm too excited with.
Speaker 2: It, Norrie one.
Speaker 1: I like to let people know, but I'm very private too, and I know that social media is the number one tool of law enforcement. Not that I'm breaking the law anymore, but you just given giving them a fucker so much information about yourself. And all the people that watch you on social media aren't necessarily your friends. Your enemies could be laying in it right there too and pop up on your punk ass wherever the fuck, you know. So you're just like you really want to lead lead a nigga up to your front door. Really, I don't know, you know. So I got into Twitter, and I liked how fast Twitter was, and I just got on there and I found a way that I could actually talk to my fans and some people. It was a cool feeling I mean I block you though. If you say anything, I block you. I blocked with the quickness. I got a zero dumb fuck policy. If you say anything to me that you would normally not say to me in the street.
Speaker 2: Even a bad joke will get your block.
Speaker 1: Like I'm like, oh you think we that much? Friends block? You know now that I learned the mute button, it's better than the block. Mute is if somebody, you know, some dumb fucks talking to you, you hit mute and they don't know they blocked, so they keep on talking and they just are talking to nobody.
Speaker 2: Teach us how to so they know they don't get to you know, some people.
Speaker 1: They like it. Oh yeah, I got ice tea to block, like that's.
Speaker 2: Some type of badge, dumb fuck honor or some bullshit. You didn't so I just mute you and then you think you still talking to me, but no longer. Let's make some nowse for drink. Can's learning about the okay, So now I want you to take me because a lot of ogs.
Speaker 4: They criticized this era, and now that they considered me a ogy, I sort of criticized this era, but the realist era, a lot of people say the nineties, but the realist era was actually the era that took place before the nineties, when you had the self destruction, you had late air violence, the late eighties. So I want you to describe to me that, Like, first of all, how in that same vein?
Speaker 1: Yes, but.
Speaker 2: When you first got in the game, what year was that I started?
Speaker 1: My first record came out like night well early eighty six, eighty six, yeah, yeah, my first single was eighty two, so cause you know I was you was in the breaking right, yeah, yeah, But I made records with Mellie Mail and all that kind of stuff after my first album. And you know, I believe that radio and hip hop steers the bus to what music is. So at that time, the bus was aimed tour groups like Public Anemy Tour, care Rest One. So as an artist, you knew they were in the studio. You knew Ice Cube was over here dropping some shit. You knew Ghetto Boys was coming, so you knew you could keep it gainst it, but you had to have a political aspect to it. You just couldn't be just talking no nonsense. You had to come and break it down. So when you know, okay, rock Hem's in the studio. You know who else is out there. You had to bring a bar up to that attempt to attempt to, you know, do your best. So there was a degree of difficulty and agree agree of respect you wanted along with being able to have a good record. Like I didn't people go like, yo, Man.
Speaker 2: I didn't want.
Speaker 1: People to say yo, I like your beat. I like niggas to walk up to me and say, yo, Ice, thank you, thank you for what man. I was. You know, I was going up north. I was listening to your plague yourself.
Speaker 4: But now let me ask you, because I'm so you came out before n w A. Yes, so you are technically the first gangster rapper ever.
Speaker 2: Not true.
Speaker 1: I get the credit to Schoolly Ds Philly, Yes, Schoolly D. Because I was making my records and stuff. But I wasn't known. And I was in the club and I heard ps K and this ship came on, you know, and I called it dust like the music sound like he was on Angel, Dust like.
Speaker 2: PSK.
Speaker 1: I've been around the dust, you know, I know what I know what that is. And I got some homies and Steak dusted and they were looking at you, looking at you crazy like, are you do you like me?
Speaker 2: Are you about to stab me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Replace coming out?
Speaker 1: Look yeah, so so schooly d. So I researched this record and they say, that's PSK, that's park Side Killers, that's that's a that's a Philly game. So he was singing about it, a game called park Side Killers. So I was like, Kim, this is the vibe of that song. So when I went in to make six in the Morning, I kind of used the and the cadence.
Speaker 2: Guys too long Christmas more.
Speaker 1: Than all right?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, now all right now now we're looking like drink champs. Sorry. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, so I used the vibe in the cadences of ps K to do my first song, which was would he say ps.
Speaker 2: K making that green? I say, six? Next morning police had my door, so I know, now it makes so much okay, And.
Speaker 1: And and then C said that Boys in the Hood is part two to six in the morning. So six in the morning police had my door. The boys in the Hood are always hung, you know. So everyone was riding that same kind of cadence and that that smooth vibe. But you know, I talked, I took schoolly D and I made it really graphic. We would we had oozi's and hand grenades and because.
Speaker 4: I probably got But what I'm trying to say is even schoolly d like for people that you know who school he did is. But he wasn't like a big figure, right, So what made you say I'm gonna take this chance and stick with it?
Speaker 2: Because you did six in the morning, but you kept going.
Speaker 1: But see, the thing of it was like I wasn't no rapper like I was in I was in the streets for real, for real, and I just happened to get a chance to rap. So I would try to rap like New York rappers and stuff, and my homies would be like, yo, niggas say that shit you be saying because I used to make gang raps.
Speaker 2: I used to make raps like we do a gang rap.
Speaker 1: But like this, let's see uh strolling through the city in the middle of the night, niggas on my left and niggas on my right yelling cut cut rip. That mean, nigga, I see now, if you bad enough, come fuck with me. I seen another nigga. I say crip again. He say, fuck a crip nigga. This is his brim So we pulled out the Roscoe. Roscoe said, crack, I look again. Nigga was shooting back, so we fell to the ground, aimed for his head. One more shot. The nigga was dead. We walked over to him, took his gun, spitting his face, and began to run. So if you see another nigga laying dead in the street and the puddler blood from his head to his feet, I hope it's time all you bitch ass niggas get hip. This fuck of brim nigga its west Side Rolling sixty cos that's gangster d What year was that? That was in high school?
Speaker 2: That before?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me tell you something right now. When you go to l A, the most famous gangs.
Speaker 2: The Rolling six, Yeah it went that cra high school. C Yeah, this hustle.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's from sixties, but I'm I'm from I'm from back in the day with Nelsy and Keeta rocking.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, John now you know. But anyway, but I mean see.
Speaker 1: I went to Crench, y'all, So y'all had sixties Hoover Harlem a tray gangsters, Harlem his thirties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Harlem is the thirties. So they named that from New York.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Harlem crips, rolling sixties eight trade, gangster, these e tgs. They then you have have hoovers, you know, and that basically what.
Speaker 2: That center of South anyway.
Speaker 1: Anyway, my nephew man, so the gangster rap cames from really rapping about gangster ship. So my homies was like, Yo, nigga talk about that ship. We do.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm trying apolicize.
Speaker 4: But the point I'm trying to make is because one us on the East Coast, we had only heard like us on the East Coast, we were re public enemy fans.
Speaker 2: We were fans of you don't care.
Speaker 4: Us one who people we knew were against them, but they were preaching right. So when the West Coast, the first time we heard the West.
Speaker 2: Coast like you made me scared to go to the West Coast, Like I was like, what the I don want to go to preaching the street. I don't want to go there for the god.
Speaker 4: I was like, I used to listen to your ship secure like I don't want to go there. But whatever you and but what made you say that? Because I don't want.
Speaker 1: To call it a gangster rap, just the reality rap at that point because it wasn't and it wasn't really reality, because it wasn't everyone's reality.
Speaker 2: It was just my reality.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm saying, what made you say, I'm gonna put this reality wrapped.
Speaker 2: On the forefront and the world is going to gravitate.
Speaker 1: I had no idy fucking it didn't have no I just I just had to wrap for the cats in my neighborhood. Now, the people in my neighborhood, that's what you got. You know, you're getting the stage they like, niggas say, are set nigga? Rep one eleven nigga when you up there Ice? Because you know then I had like diplomatic immunity because I was fucking with Downty hunters. I was fucking with there That's boys. I was fucking with ath and Park boys. I was fun with lots of gangs, so I was. I came out with the West Coast on my back, all the gangs, so I wasn't wearing the color niggas. Niggas was always like what Ice is from sixties? Ice is from a Where's ice ices from? From Bloodstone villains? Because they see me over there chasing chicks and.
Speaker 4: Back then they said that bloods was light skinned and darll skin people were crips.
Speaker 1: That was no, no, no, no, really, really, bloods are bloods are brims? Mean, that's the real gang, the real gang. Where crips in the brims. A cripp refers to you is because a brim of first.
Speaker 2: To you is blood. Anything that's not a crip is a blood so.
Speaker 1: So so everything else, Like if I'm I'm a seven four five nine cripp from a trade crip, everything says crip at the end, Inglewood Family, that's a blood gang. Pirout, that's a blood game. They're not pirute bloods. It is athn Park boys. That's a blood gang than boys. Yeah, if you're not a crip, your blood by default, by default, because that's where you're from, that's what you are. Well, there's there's more crips than bloods, right Cali. But anyway, so back to this rap music. So I'm in this I'm in this world, right, so I have.
Speaker 2: To make a music that those people will relate to.
Speaker 1: So without claiming a set, because you'll notice, no one claimed is set till after ninety two, since till after the truth, even Snoop wasn't wearing all that blue. We was kind of like, because it was real, you did so everybody. I was trying to just kind of like let niggas know what you know, Like like I just can say, we're gonna let niggas know where we're from. Because New York was so powerful, we had to say, well, look that's great, but this is where we're from, right, And we had to rap about our life. And uh, I didn't know I was hot until I got a call from a from from San Francisco and the Fillmore West wanted me to perform up there in the Bay.
Speaker 2: And that's not film More Slim Filmore Simmer West is is the arena venues, oh venue. I was like, you know, getting I'm going there. I'm going there.
Speaker 1: So we get I get to call. They asked me what I do is show up there. I'm like, I'm not popping in La like that, you know, I'm I'm a nigga with a record out.
Speaker 2: And then San Diego still considered La.
Speaker 1: Bay.
Speaker 2: That's the Bay, that's a whole nother world. But that's not.
Speaker 1: That's that's seven hours away. So so I'm like, North Cali. I'm saying, you're not popping there? Why would you go to I wasn't popping in l A.
Speaker 2: Like you're saying, you know, like how many niggas in New York got records out right now?
Speaker 1: But are they popping? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So my record was out.
Speaker 1: I wasn't a ship in l A. I was just a nigga trying to make it right. But they wanted me up there, so I'm like really, They like, yeah, this tell us you'll do the show. I sold the show out, so they called me that bigg that show sold out. I'm like really, So in other words, I was hotter in Frisco than I was in my home town.
Speaker 2: You knew what a sold out show meant at that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they said, no more tickets? They said, would you do another show? They said, they said, what you doing your back show? I did back to back shows and the fill more sold out on one song, six in the morning, whatever other bullshit I had to do, and I was like, Yo, this ship could be really big, Like this is real. Now I'm not really making no money with this. I'm still in the street. I'm making money doing other things and stuff, and you know, I'm at that point where you know that dilemma that street nigga's running too where they want to get.
Speaker 2: But I always, I always wanted out of the game. I didn't I never, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Really like it. I just did it as survival. One of the reasons I don't drink like I'm an orphan. I have no mother, I have no father, I have no sisters.
Speaker 2: I read that you was an offhan. I thought I thought that was something I guess.
Speaker 1: So I always felt liquor or weed or drug would compromise my position. It would put me in a position that if I hit the ground, there's nobody to come get me. Dig So, I just got to stay on my toes. Dig So, I'm i'm, I'm, I'm in, I'm in. The water is full of sharks, and I got to stay on my toes. You did so, So that's one of the reasons.
Speaker 4: Just in case you are right right now, Ice, if you wanted to a shot of anything, we got your You got that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been.
Speaker 1: I've been like I was a designated driver before there was a term.
Speaker 2: For it, because that's what I'm that's not about to act.
Speaker 4: So so you mean, even as a child growing up in the gang culture, and I remember, I remember there was that, and the West Coast was the people who kind of introduced us. A lot of people who credit Wu Tang for that, but it was the term Sherm had. It's a West Coast.
Speaker 1: It's a cigarette to Sherm that you put the PCP on.
Speaker 2: You never got high, not one, No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I mean I was. I was. I've been contact high because I've been in one niggas in studios. But when I was younger, this one cat, I remember, I might have been maybe fifteen or younger, and some guy was like, yo, hit the weed, you know, And I'm like, I don't want to hit the weed. So you was a bitch if you don't hit the weed. I said, well, I'm a bitch. Make me hit it right while you tripping. While you're tripping right. So now that he I stood my ground, the next person tried to get me high. He go, he don't get high because if he couldn't make me do it, no one else Why just became the sober cat and the click. Then when I got into the real gangster ship, as it got more escalated. Whenever I would walk into a room and there would be a bunch of people. The one person that didn't get high. That was the cat. I keep my eye you did because I know he probably got I know he got that thing on him and he wonders. That's his job.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: If you guys have security, you let your security get high. No, so do you got to think about it like that. I don't have security.
Speaker 2: You feel me so now why I I always ask me, baby, That's why I'm here.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: I I can't wake the highest security for a while. For years, you just be you like I mean, I remember one time I was shooting the movie. I did not know what I was doing. I did not know what I was doing.
Speaker 4: I told you to come somewhere at four thirty. You got there at four o'clock and you ain't complaining. You stood there like was supposed to be here.
Speaker 2: Niggas that make that type of music, we know who is official.
Speaker 1: I can listen to you. I can listen to Mob Deep, I can listen to different records m P.
Speaker 2: I love you know. If I'm going.
Speaker 1: Political, I like dead presidents like that President. I know who and I can I can we through the phony niggas too. I'm like how many bricks you saw? Nigga, you're only sixteen? Really like that's not a possibility that happened like that, Like you know how many shot? How many?
Speaker 2: So I kind of like could I was. I'm a fan, so that that comes into play.
Speaker 1: And then also, like I say, all I have is my word and I'm not see I'm the kind of person I have people that work for me. So if I can't be on point, how do I expect them to be on the point? So I have to I just set that example. So I don't like being late. I like to stand on my word. I mean, you're gonna show up blate to a drive by and niggas say we leaving it six.
Speaker 2: Nigga, you guys, you can't be shown up late. So these numbers are important.
Speaker 1: You got to do your numbers.
Speaker 4: But as a person who don't smoke and don't get high, do you take life too serious?
Speaker 2: Do you think you take life too serious? A lot of people who do that, not at all. I mean I enjoy life. I see it for where it is. I made it this far.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm just a more laid back person. I'm just a cool person. You know, I'm not. I don't like to brag. I don't talk about myself that like in that if you don't ask the question, I won't tell you. You know, people say, Damn, you're so cool. I'm like, well, how you get named Ice?
Speaker 2: Nigga?
Speaker 1: Like really, you know?
Speaker 2: Ice is everybody wants to be Ice in the hood. You know what I'm saying. That's a great name. That's a very you know.
Speaker 1: People are damn, you could be Ice? Can you be? You know? So they gave like bitch and Wyan said, nigga, you got that name. Niggas can't take that name from you. You went there, you can't take that name from me. So you know, can a nigga name Ice be real ag all the time and excited and uptight and ship?
Speaker 2: That doesn't work.
Speaker 4: Because you set off in my opinion, when when uh, East Coast we had gangster rap, but it wasn't It wasn't reality rap. It wasn't you guys had mob style, no moms. Something come up before you didn't know, but after it okay, this trust me. Every gangster.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing.
Speaker 4: So you and them so so you when I think a West Coast, I don't think a gangster rap. Your name is one of the first, if not the first, right and and you and you you coined that, so did everybody else, kind of gravitated because I believe n w A came out, okay.
Speaker 2: But the word gangster rap wasn't out with me.
Speaker 1: The word gangster rap came out, yes, because cube and straight out of Compton. He says from a gang called niggas with attitudes. He didn't say from a group. He said from a gang. So he represented his clique as a gang. And then then the pressed coin gangster rap. It didn't have a name until they gave it that name, but I was But that's why after they did that, I said, well, if it's that gangster rap, then I'm the original gang you are.
Speaker 2: So that's when it went backwards. Okay, that's now gangs, and I'm the old gang. You flipped everybody's wig at one point.
Speaker 4: At one point we're sitting back and we see this Bishop don Wall, we see these pimps movie, We see ice per your ship is slide died and full to the side, magnetic. And the way you did it and the way you spoke, we knew that you wasn't fronting. We knew that you were will and how the pimps accepted you. But now it was that the life prior to your game.
Speaker 1: Again, what thing of it was is I was on the streets hustling, so I didn't sell. I tried to sell coke once, but then everybody took the money and ran off like I gave. I gave it out to my friends and they all came back short.
Speaker 2: So now I am I supposed to kill my friends.
Speaker 1: What I had left, I was just able to make the money that I invested back. I said, I can't do this no more. But then when I was in the arm, every one of them games, everyone no niggas had stories like I'm like, yo, I'm I gonna niggas understand this. You know, you give out the dope to your friend and he comes back with a story. But I'm like, I can't do this because now I'm supposed to enforced.
Speaker 2: But I can't. It's my money.
Speaker 1: So I got out of that. I tried it.
Speaker 2: I had some way exactly invested my money, but it didn't work like that. No, I was more.
Speaker 1: We was more basically jewelry store robbers. We was robbing jewelry stores, doing things of that nature. But when I was in the Army, I got connected to a pimp named Machel, and Machel I used to go hang out at his house and he said, you cut for this game, nigga.
Speaker 2: You got them light eyes. You not too much turned on by the No no, no, no, my buddies. My buddy in the army.
Speaker 1: His girlfriend's sister was a hum a prostitute. So so when his girlfriend army, Oh no, Hawaii is like open season, you know, because you have all that military Hawaii. I was in the Army.
Speaker 2: It was a ranger.
Speaker 1: Soer okay, So so my voice Spicer. You know, I don't like using names because I don't know where these niggas are at this moment. He might be working for IBM. I'm but my boy, Spiceer. His girl was her sister. So I was like, yeah, we're gonna go to this party this weekend. But but blind we would go over there and it was my man Major's house full of holes. So he would look at me be like, yo, I mean when you mean working prostitutes, you know, working girls lawsuits and they were working on the island of Huaihu. You've got you have navy, you have Navy, you have marines there, and you have army, and those guys only have a weekend. They don't have a lot of times to create relationship. And then you have a lot of tourists there.
Speaker 2: So by saying the US government sence your holes.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying prostitution is accepted in certain houses. To keep it everything, it's always.
Speaker 2: Been in the military.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot of It's a lot of guys on that island, right, so kind of like it was a good place to get your pippin. So I'm over there and homeboy was just like, yo, you cut for this and this, that and the third. And I'm like, yeah, you know what I'm saying, But I'm in the service. And so then when I got home, we was we was when we would rob and shit, we had girls. We was working plastic. Like these niggas talking about they just sliding credit cards. It's an old game. That's an old game. Niggas was getting the microfilm and we were making the credit cards and we had the military IDs. We were printing them and shit, we've been doing that ship for years. That's nothing new. This new credit card game. Now they got a chip Okay, new game figured that one out. Motherfucker. They got a chip for your punk ass. You ain't sliding shipping them, you know how to take the credit card sticking that.
Speaker 2: So all these niggas is gonna lose their Gucci belts. But anyway, so I'm in that.
Speaker 1: So we we we would always keep females in our click and stuff. So eventually I started reading this Iceberg slim shit, and I decided I wanted to pimp on the bitch.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So my girls was trying to run, They was trying, they were looking for they was trying to escape. I remember, I just one chick named Mary, So I'm trying to, you know, get her out there, like let's go get this money and ship like that. And she ran to one my partner. It's like, I just pimping on me. He's pimping like that.
Speaker 2: And then he come, come me the bitch choosing. I'm like, she ain't choosing, nigga, you rest haven for hole to get away from the pimping I'm trying to put on.
Speaker 1: But I was close enough. I mean, pimping is not very difficult to do. All you just need is a girl that's willing to shit and hustle. I wasn't no big time pimp like, uh, you know, bishopping them. But you know, but I mean every other nigga probably donet sent the bitch before. I mean just sending a girl to perform the actor prostitution and bring you the money.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what pimping is, all right.
Speaker 1: So I dabbled in all types of levels of the game, but I was no knockdown, drag out pimp with a catalog.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you some very difficult let me tell you something. Let me take something I watched. Now, I watched a couple of other movies, and for a week I thought.
Speaker 1: I was a pimp.
Speaker 2: I think it's my wife. This story might get shut down. Yeah, that's my wife, love it.
Speaker 1: She's there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So what happened was, let me get story. I'll heard. Oh I got some great taking pem story. Bishop don't want comes.
Speaker 4: To the hood lab, gives me my cup and says you, we're one of the famous players of the year War.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, I don't know, because I get why he's giving me the famous player the year World War.
Speaker 4: But I know I'm not a pimp, like I really do that. So girls, look, you're sleeping high. And I walk into this club and I said, bitch, chew.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I said this, and the bitch said, yeah, I choose you.
Speaker 4: They all of them pimp Juju, good game, all of them kidding me and said, nigga, you don't know what you're doing. And it's true, but how does that How does a person get into pimp?
Speaker 1: I mean, basically, you gotta find a female that's like hoose are hose without actually without a pimp. You know, every girl knows a girl that thinks that they can use that as a method of operating.
Speaker 2: We used to call the strip clip of the indoor.
Speaker 1: Track, you know what I'm saying. So it's like they're not actually prostitutes, but they're working inside of an element. But it's still the anytime you're actually giving somebody some type of sexual for money that you don't like them, you're prostituting yourself. Even a woman who's going out to dinner with a guy for a pair of shoes and stuff like that, she's actually prostituting herself. Even in this business, sometimes they ask us to do shit that even sexually, and you be like Damn, I feel like I'm giving up myself for the money, you understand, But I mean, I mean, how do you get into any game? You know, you desire it, you want it, and then you got to find willing participants, you know. So I had these girls that were thieves and stuff, and I was trying to turn them out into being hoes, but they was like they were resisting it.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 1: I mean, I had I had some crazy story. I told one story I told in one of the movies. Was me and my partner Gary Burnette, we uh, we knock some bra So they was hos from up North and stuff.
Speaker 2: So we got on our ship and we in there. Pimp took them up in the Bay Area.
Speaker 1: But these bitches was real prostitutes, right, so we want to be pimps. Were trying to get out, and well we figured that out, so we put yeah. So we sent the broad so we like, so Gary tent to brough to the casino. He riding behind her in the car trying to watch the bitch, and the dude in the car sees it starts whooping the bitch ass like you got a nigga following me through her out the out the motherfucking car.
Speaker 2: She getting the car, like, nigga, how long have you been doing this?
Speaker 1: Like real?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So that night they get back to the hotel, niggas go to sleep. They wake up the next day stole his car. See the hose. The hose was smarter than the players in that situation. So pipping is difficult. And and I don't like a lot of stuff that I've been through in my life. I don't promote it has something to do. I just say it was something that I've been through. I'm not able to promote anything all. All crime and all hustles are negative at the base of them, you know. But you know, at the moment you ever see Fargo, well, I quote that line, it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. You know, in my circumstances what was around me drug dealers, killers, gangsters. I thought, well, ship, since I'm flying, I got long hair, maybe I should be fucking with these girls. But I didn't make no fortune off of that. I made most of my money Robin Jury's stores, that Rob jew st That's what we did. An occasional bank. But that's what that's what my click is. Occasional bank get to.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I heard a story, Oh, you and ben Zeno having conflict.
Speaker 4: Yeah, be Xeno actually being on the West coast, and ben Zeno's described it as you having two hundred different gang members with you.
Speaker 2: He said you could have actually killed him there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you walked over now, you walked over to you. Yes, the thing of it is killing people is not that simple. I mean, do you carry that with you forever? So you can't just you know a lot of times, you know it was a dispatching nigga and you just choose not to do you want to sleep with that on your head.
Speaker 2: That's not my thing.
Speaker 1: You know. I'll protect myself, but I'm not I'm not going to attack a person. So what happened was back during the cop killer days. I said both had cop killer songs. Recorrect, But we were both on Warner Brothers. But he was with a group called Marco Might. So what happened was when I pulled out for Warner Brothers because the president was after me, and shit got hot and I ended up pomp and pulling. The Source magazine came down and said Ice is a coward. He gave in I'm like, how am I character the president of the United States is after me.
Speaker 2: This is real ship.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait, wait wait talking about what you just said over the talk about so you just said, wait them you just said the cop killer record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got hot.
Speaker 2: And then and then the.
Speaker 1: President Bush Bush, son of a Bush, was the son of a Bush? Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Bush was on my ass and so was dan Quail. And they said they was after me. They was like, they was, yeah, they wanted my head. They Ali North wanted to try me for sedition, which is punishable by death.
Speaker 2: They was on my bumper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they was on my bumper for this song cock Killers. This was a major situation. So you know, we pulled the record off a warner and all the rap niggas had something to say about it, like, oh niggas you know, giving in now. Chuck Deese stood his ground, said, look, if y'all ain't in the war, you shouldn't come in on the battles. You don't know what's going on. This ship is real. Real secret service pulled my daughter out of school and chaskeer was I connected to paramilitary organ They wanted to see if I was really a threat. See, this is nori. This is the problem. When the president says your name, the deepest background check of your life happens instantly. They know everything from your shoe side to your mother's blood type.
Speaker 2: Why because this next question could be.
Speaker 1: What do we know about him? They can't be he's a rapper. They like, this is this, this is this, this is this, this is it. It happens instantly, So when that happens to you, you feel it. It's a long story short. I'm going through this bullshit. So Rs Benzeno and them come out and make some statement. Your ice tease a sucker because he pulled and because he pulled that car pulled the record. I pulled the record. Cop Killer was on the first body Count album. Okay, I pulled cop Killer off and put a record called Freedom of Speech. I did it because I didn't want them to pigeonhole me. And in my career right there, I got a lot of other shit.
Speaker 2: I need to say. It's not just about this one song.
Speaker 1: They were trying to take a nigga out New jack City two didn't happen because of that record. All kinds of shit.
Speaker 2: WHOA dude? When I say it was on my shit, whoa? It was like you said, it was bigger than rap.
Speaker 1: So Benzino or whoever whatever spokesperson made this comment, Well, you know I was.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: I was under siege at that point. I didn't need no rap niggas popping off like this nigga is that? And the third I'm like, nigga don't really even know what's going on right. So of course niggas in my circle, we knew who our enemies were are. We always keep niggas abreasto who's out there. So they popped up on our charts like okay, these niggas areso's popping off about ice this niggas popping you know, we know who's you know, who might not be a friend. So we were at an event and uh, there they were and there I was, and niggas seen them before me. Niggas like, yo, ain't thatt them niggas and uh I want pre internet. Yeah, and he saw two hundred niggas. I mean, I don't know how many niggas I had, but I was, I had the whole West coast with me, you know what I'm saying. He said, I had the whole West coast with me. So I just walked up on him I'm like, yo, man, whatever you niggas think I said, it did all this robbers uncalled for Man, I did what I had to do and it didn't affect y'all. Just all it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well and they kind of like renigged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we was mad, we was hot. It was an interview.
Speaker 2: There was really no beef. It was just a missing communication. He said.
Speaker 1: It was a miscommunicator. How to speak, and that's what real men do. That's what real men do.
Speaker 4: So you know that was it, But I won't but I want you to describe this cop Killer record because you single handedly made the world.
Speaker 2: Pay attention to rap by this cop Killer record. Now, it wasn't now.
Speaker 4: Now it's a record that these young brothers would love to praise.
Speaker 2: But what made what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What made you even think about make a great quill record.
Speaker 1: We were in the studio making you know, body count, and uh I was singing a song by a group called the Talking Head.
Speaker 2: It's called psycho Killer Psychical Killer C.
Speaker 1: So I'm singing that and my drummer, beat Master v rest In Peace goes, we need a cop killer right now?
Speaker 2: What you ain't had no police No, we had a police people. This is free Rodney King.
Speaker 4: You know, we know what the cops is doing before Rodney. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So my nigga's like, yo, you know, Vicker's right there on the front line. So he like, yo, man, we need a cop killer. You know. The cops rolled up on such and such, they shot him, They dragged his baby, mom's you know, this Dulo ship. And so I started thinking about it, and I said, yeah, what if somebody snapped and this went on one after the cops based on police brutality. And that's the hook is cop killer is better you than me? Cop killer. Fuck police brutality. Cop killer. I know your family's grieving. Fuck them, cop killer. Tonight we get even. And so it was more about this guy who lost his mind based around police brutality, which just recently happened. Now people actually have started taking off on the cops. It took a little while, but I predicted it. I wasn't promoting it. I was singing the third you know, the first person. I become different people in my records. That's just part of the art. You know. I could sing. It's like if I was a heroin addict and I never been on it, but I can sing and act like it and give you an imagery of it.
Speaker 4: You did so now, But that scrutiny it started from the president. The President's started with.
Speaker 1: The Fraternal Order of Police out of Dallas Austin, Texas.
Speaker 2: They came after me because.
Speaker 1: During this no they just said that Warner Brothers put out this inflammatory record and they should be banned and boycotted. And then Charlton Hesson came out and they just went on one. Because of the time, the cops were under siege for doing the same shit they doing now. This was back then, so the best way to take the heat off them is to attack somebody else. So they picked me kind of like the Willie Horton thing. They picked me as a target and so they came down like, dude, I'm sitting at the house, let me date myself. We were playing Techno Bowl. Rem me that. So I'm playing Techno Bowl and Nigga comes one of my homies, like Yo, Ice is on TV right now the President is talking shit about you.
Speaker 2: Were like, what yo really?
Speaker 1: For real? Were like, we changed the channels and it's Dan Quail the Vice President and Ice tea Niggas. It was like that you ever did want of them old shits like oh shit, oh shit, like oh like we knew.
Speaker 2: This was big, and then it just started to happen. You know, you could feel them.
Speaker 1: You know that I got tax started it three times into two year period. I had ice cream trucks sitting in front of my house in the middle of the winter, you know, because they had to really figure out was I trying to call people to arms, which I wasn't. It was just a record. It was just a protest song. So you know, I lived through that and I found out who my friends were. You know, they don't care about hip hop. Hip Hop can back you, but when hip hop backs you, hip hop is one big nigga. Just it's just one nigga. I don't give a fuck how many rappers come to your aid. That's just one nigga. You need someone outside of hip hop to back if you get in trouble. All the rap could band together. We are all just one nigga that you need.
Speaker 2: You need. Maybe Quincy Jones come out. You know who's not.
Speaker 1: Considered a nigga you know something, but yeah, might still be considered But no, that's what they'll do when he if he came after saying that, well, you know, he's a rapper, and they'll throw him in there with Yeah, yeah, you need someone outside, you know, Martin Scorsese, you're someone to coming.
Speaker 2: Back Tarantino in the back. He's a nigga.
Speaker 1: He went up against the college, someone who's unexpected to back you. So anyway, I took the heat, and you know, I wrote it out like you know, I didn't bring anybody else into it. I didn't say, hey, this other rap group, of this rock group. I just handled it myself the way I've been. You know, I was raised by geez and I still adhere to that code. You know, that's your drama. You deal with it. You did, so I dealt with it.
Speaker 2: And you know, and if it wasn't because I mean it was you, then Uncle Luke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if you first, then Uncle Luke, right, and Uncle Luke then death Row, then death bro the w A.
Speaker 2: He was the first.
Speaker 7: But what I'm saying the leaves right right, Yeah, it was they got they got the president was fb.
Speaker 1: F B. I was yah. But then they dropped death Row with Ted Turner because they were concerned it was it was a ripple effect.
Speaker 7: Warwick was involved and all these people and Lauris talking, let me.
Speaker 2: Give you a jewel.
Speaker 1: Though it's not hip hop that they were afraid of. They were afraid the fact that white kids were getting this information. It's like, as long as you sing to the hood, no one really cares because they already say we won, big nigga. But once we express it and they see their little daughters is walking around for the police and cock killer, and then now you're infecting the rest of the world, and that's when you become a threat. So that's when when they saw me have you know, thousands of white kids yelling the police with me, they were like, we gotta deal with this cat, right because he's infected. That's why one of my alms was called home invasion, because it was me saying, you know, we've invaded your kids. You know we're in there.
Speaker 4: You've got a different cops And now that you play one, yeah, I'm going there, Charlie, I got I got mention it to my man.
Speaker 2: Let's say that's a great interview. Let's say Drake Champs interview questions. You know you're doing interview and the niggas and you dumb questions, you like, how long.
Speaker 1: You've been in the NBA. What are you talking about it now?
Speaker 2: The cop Killer one of my favorite records of all time.
Speaker 4: Still to this days, I still want to create I actually think I created this record over but I didn't do it justice you do it.
Speaker 1: I am mon.
Speaker 4: If y'all know the record, If you're real hip hop, I'm gonna open another bottle. We already got bottles open. Come over here, come over, youre the bar, but relax.
Speaker 2: Relax, that's right there. I want everybody, if you real hip hop, to sing along, help me sing along.
Speaker 1: Ice.
Speaker 2: I am a night man, walking psychopath talking walking yo.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: From when what was the movie? Let me let me run it before it was that? Was that inspire? Or before the movie? Did you already know?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 4: Let me take it to where we was going live to where I was going. I hadn't heard of California at this time.
Speaker 2: What yeah, it was Colors. Can you google it has someone to be that's gonna be like ninety two. It's ninety two. I think it's you got.
Speaker 4: But I had heard of California. We had we had, we had, we had you know, we're all visions of California. But this is the first time in my opinion. This is the original California Love Colors, And when.
Speaker 1: I heard that, when I sink the movie, I had no idea that was popping off, right, What.
Speaker 2: The fuck was going on on the West Coast? All I used to see was beaches, right.
Speaker 4: I had no idea even get killed in California until Colors, Like I had.
Speaker 2: I knew about cock Killer, but I was just like I didn't know. Yeah, but Colors was before Colors. Was Colors before Yeah Colors.
Speaker 1: What happened with Colors was they was doing this movie called Colors. Dennis Hopper was directing it, and apparently they it was going to be a Warner Brothers film, and due to the fact it was Warner Brothers film, I was the first rapper signed to Warner Brothers, so they're gonna, of course look at my music first. So they had they wanted to use the song I did called Squeeze the Trigger off my first album, and.
Speaker 2: But the movie was already done.
Speaker 1: You got a movie still, so they got they got They got this scene with Don Chietle in it, you know rocket, he was listening to my song. So I'm like, well, let me if you want to if you want to use my song. Let me see the movie.
Speaker 2: That's just right accent. Damn.
Speaker 1: So I got to see the movie. So I'm looking at the movie. I'm like, Okay, there's some wrong shit in it because at the time the Blacks wasn't fighting the Mexicans, you know, there was some other stuff.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, it still kind of gives.
Speaker 1: You an overall. You know, the most real ship is when you see the tank in the county with thirty eight hundred and the Crips and the Bloods across with the fence. Yeah, that was a powerful yeah, but they never let that man niggas out at the same time.
Speaker 2: But wait, wait, wait, scene again.
Speaker 1: There's where you see them coming at the crypt module and you see the crypt module on one side and the Blood module on Yeah, okay, okay, and they're in that Yeah. Well, no, they never let that many people out. And also, in jail, you don't wear all the colors like that. Oh you know, so they let them in jail. You're in a uniform by this point, but they showed it like that to kind of you know. So I'm sitting there so I'm like, I'm not gonna quicktiupe that out. I'm happy they're making the movie now. When they wanted to do the movie, first they said, let's shoot it in Chicago, and then Dennis Hopperson, let's shot it in La. The people said, we have gangs in LA that oh, so it would have been about Chicago. Well, they didn't. They wanted to make a movie about gangs, but they didn't know there were gangs in LA. That year, three hundred and sixty kids had died, almost one a day in LA, but no one even it wasn't spoken. It's like black lives matter, No one talks about us. We were just getting killed. So so I'm like, okay. So I watched the movie, so I said, do they have a title song? And they had a song, and if you want to track the movement, get the color soundtrack. B side last record is a song by Rick James called Colors. It's wack. It's like Rick James, look at all these colors, you know, Rick James out. So I'm like, nah, I can't fuck. So I told Africa Islam, who was producing me at the time, I said, let's make a record. I said, I know this gang ship like the back of my hand. I mean, let's take him in the brain of a gang banger.
Speaker 2: So at the time I was vibing here's another something you never know.
Speaker 1: I was vibing off for Kings Sons record Mythological mytho logical, my myth, the myth a lot. Remember, he comes on when I get ill, it's a reason because it's the season. Why I am a nightmare walking psychopath talking that.
Speaker 2: I think, rap.
Speaker 1: You're influencing each other. You're not biting because you never knew. But I'm I'm like, yo, I'm coming in like King's son because he said when I get ill, it's a reason because it's duck season, Hunter of the Front.
Speaker 3: You know, I like that.
Speaker 2: Shit is hard.
Speaker 1: If I just came in, I am a nightmare walk in psycho bath talk, same shit. So I wrote the song, did the video. It was so big people thought I was in the movie. People walking to me like, y'all saw you in color.
Speaker 2: In Colors. Yeah, not in the movie. And I saw the movie so many times. But now that movie the song might be bigger.
Speaker 4: That movie was single handley the introduction to California lifestyle and put.
Speaker 1: Me in the game. Because all my other records I was still bubbling, but that was a national hit. I mean that crossed all and that, and everybody wanted to see the guy that made color.
Speaker 2: So I went out on the Dope Jam tour.
Speaker 1: With Eric B and Rock Kim, Dougie Fresh, CuMo d bizmarcky uh and and I was out there with them. I was on the West West coast.
Speaker 2: Have been crazy.
Speaker 1: We performed that song and that we shut him down. And you know, it's funny because Eric B and them was kind of like, you know, l a niggas. They had that New York ship going and they you know, they had to change and Supreme Uh Mathematics screaming great magnetic was out of it from the sept comes of Brooklyn. So we got we My intel had told me, you know, I've got my own intel. I'm like the CIA that like, okay, he's the one. Watch him, he's a shooter.
Speaker 2: We watch him. Who are these niggas. I don't walk in there. I don't walk I know.
Speaker 1: What's going on. So they was like, okay, this one's live. And there's one right there and he's cool. So they was looking at us. They had no idea who we were. And we showed up.
Speaker 2: They was like, oh, these are l A gang members, like this is crazy.
Speaker 1: We had all the we had just the same ship they had, but the West Coast version of it. And when I hit the scene, I came out and I opened with Colors on the tour and this ship rocked like I just.
Speaker 2: Came out that that should give you, do you?
Speaker 1: And stadium rage and all of a sudden, car rests once start talking to me.
Speaker 2: Everybody on the.
Speaker 1: Door realized that I was pulling my weight out of here, and we all became close friends where I came and I are friends today, but they re sized me up about the gate.
Speaker 4: No, but did you understand that Colors in a way like right now you can look at you going to the Harlem and I'm sure because you live in New York for real, right Like you're not a fake guy who just visits New York, New York Jersey. You around, You've been around places i'd be at.
Speaker 2: I'm like dad over that. Yeah, So did you ever think that from Colors.
Speaker 1: That New York would be gang banging the way New York is? I still don't truly understand it. Like I roll with Tretch a lot right in tresh he blood it's over in Jersey with the bloods. But you know, I can't really get it, totally understand it. But one thing I do understand is respect a nigga with a gun. You know. You know, I'm gonna walk up to a nigga say, well, you a fake gang banger. You're like, yeah, this is a fake bullet.
Speaker 8: Take this, you know.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're from LA and you hear guys in other cities saying they're Hoover crips, but they never seen the street, or they're you know, you know whatever, you know, their sixties, but they're from Florida.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, how is that possible?
Speaker 1: Sixties is the street, and the sixties all of them are thirties of the street. The forties are a street h S eighty third Street. It's usually the hottest street in that ten block radius. Is the street that gets named like one eleven's twelve. Oh So so you know, I learned, but I know how it happened. What happened was when the drug trade really hit and it stopped coming through Florida, it started to come through Mexico. I shouldn't even tell this story.
Speaker 2: Nobody listens to us US game and this is old game.
Speaker 1: But what happened was the coke became less expensive than California, and as it moved across the country, it became instantly like a key with double.
Speaker 2: So everybody in LA was trying to put the game on the road.
Speaker 1: So you got a cousin in Seattle, right, So you send a couple of homies up to Seattle, and you say, okay, at this point, y'all niggas playboy gangster crips because that's what set me from And these niggas are from Seattle and they don't really know about it. But then there's some real lifeboat and we take these niggas and get them khakis and shit like that. Then maybe you might send a nigga from LA to put some work in. They ain't never seen violence like that before. You know, they turned out and they move and wait, and this happens all over the country. Niggas coming from Saint Louis. So there's somebody from LA that took that gang out there. Now are they respected in LA well to an extent, But you can't come I don't care if you're from whatever, Wyoming or whatever. And you come to LA and you actually in Hoover's hood and you claiming Hoover you're gonna bow down that street, that actual street. The nigga's on that block, that's the g's So you know, I was up in Harlem and I met some bloods, right, So I was like, yeah, a nigga I used to blood some I'm like like that. I said, okay, like that he said you was the crypt right, and they're like yes, it was cool. I'm like, well, you ain't cool with me, you know, like if your nigga's really banging, right, I said, well, gang banging is the act of murder. So then they was like they was like, I said so much, said show me a blood sign. So they did like this. I was like, turn it upside down. I said that's a blood sign too. They were excited. They were like, yeah, that's a pirute. Okb okay, so he does a bad I just turned it upside I said that's a blood sign.
Speaker 2: Like I'm giving him gang tutoring. They were like thank you.
Speaker 1: Like I was like, man, but nobody that comes from that wants it to happen. The gang thing happened when we were young kids was out there, we were protecting the neighborhood, and it got taken out of control once the drugs came in. Once the drugs came in, it's split into little sets. So now cryps is fighting crips. Blood niggas don't care what color.
Speaker 4: So you're saying back then, crips wasn't fighting Chris because it seems like crips always.
Speaker 2: Have beeper Crypt No no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: If you was a crypt, was a cry But now it's sets. The sets just splintered. They splintered. So say, for instance, we all won Crypt set and then you got the sack and you, like nigga, we the nor re crypts now us for this splinter And that's what happened, he.
Speaker 3: Said, because the price of the drugs went down, like when Escobar went down and it all started going through Mexico.
Speaker 1: That greed, it's creedy. It's just greed. It's like changing trading. Yeah yeah, the trade came to La, but greed, greed, it's just you.
Speaker 2: He's the boss. You start counting his money.
Speaker 1: As soon as the side nigga starts counting the bosses money, you have the potential or deceit anything. It happened, so you always telling me, man, nor he's making a little bit too much money.
Speaker 2: Why are you counting the boss's money?
Speaker 1: Man? Why are you worrying about what he's making? And eventually you're gonna say, man, let's go this way. And that happens in any type of.
Speaker 4: Organization, gang culture. Let me ask you a question, and gang culture, can there ever be one leader or no?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the leader of each set. I rolled with a dude named Tony Bogart who was the leader of Imperial Courts of the PJ.
Speaker 2: Watts Crips, which is a whole project.
Speaker 1: And I seen him walk into a like a wreck room a room, and I've seen a hundred niggas stand up and like when he and get quiet until he came in and they sat down. I'm like, yo, you know that was a g but they killed him. Wow, you know he's gone. I mean, you know, the thing about gang membership, the thing about crime period is everyone is a liar, a cheater, a thief, a double. I mean, you're dealing with a group of bandits, so anything can fucking happen. You know, you hope there's loyalty inside of it, but you're dealing.
Speaker 2: A bunch of murderers.
Speaker 1: Everyone is cold blooded, you know, to your your idea is to get the fuck out of there as soon as possible. You know. That's why I'm square as a pool table twice as green. I wouldn't still a nickel off the mantlepiece. Man, I'm not really, I'm not really, you know. I'm fortunate I live through it, but it's not what I'm about no more. I don't want to live like that. Man.
Speaker 2: That's just crazy.
Speaker 4: Now, Ice, you survive the h the scrutiny from the cop killer record?
Speaker 1: You you you?
Speaker 4: You pull out the Colors records. Color records bring you everywhere? Now where is Ice at when he hears n w A the ball Plice?
Speaker 2: Well, you remember where us that? When you well, I knew you know, I knew n w A because n w A used to open for me.
Speaker 1: We used to go out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just said that, man, nonchalotly. I had to be around Colors too as well.
Speaker 1: You're gonna do Cube take out nw A. We would all tour together, would be NWA iced t DC. And then when Easy put out his record, they split it and they tried to, you know, do Easy with another group, and we would all go all over the place together. We used to fight together. We used to get out there and get it gone because we were West Coast, you know, Cuban Mayor like brothers.
Speaker 2: I love Cube like we were close. I used to when they.
Speaker 1: Came out with fuck the Police. We was out there rapping. We was out there rapping, and they hit him in the head with that, I'm like, oh shit. But see, I always knew the first time you heard it was on tour though, yeah, because Easy and them were playing it before they dropped it. So I heard it on the radio. I'm like, oh, y'all niggas about to go there. Cause I used to say I used to say fuck the police on my shows, right, So I don't When I would before I would do six in the morning, I would go out and I would say, Yo, the police told me I can't do this song right. And then I would like, get the audience pipped up, and I was like, yo, I say fuck the police, and the crowd went crazy. So maybe a little light went off in Easy's head, like I have something right here.
Speaker 3: I say that.
Speaker 2: But I used to say, I say I had an echo. I said, my name is iced T.
Speaker 1: I gotta rep like a killer killer. No one gets Wilder, no one gets illa Illa. I don't get high, I don't drink Miller Miller. But if your girl's empty, I'm sure I can fill it filler. I make stupid ass records because I just don't care. Motherfuckers can't even play my ship on the air. But y'all know you like it, you say you want more, because every time I leave the crib to go to the store, I hear six in the morning police at my door. I was with them at the time, and you know, it was it was. It was a movement, and I always knew and to me, honestly, nw A I needed n w A because I was by myself and to have four more cats.
Speaker 2: Roll yeah, yeah, yeah. We weren't enemies.
Speaker 1: So it's like, and you know now, they would always hit harder than me because I'm one rapper versus a gang of motherfuckers rapping, and it sounds better when people are spitting on top of each other.
Speaker 2: But and then they wrote some incredible records. Then they had Jack No Drag the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: No No, they're from different areas, Cubans from one hundred and twentieth Street. I'm from the forties and like so I knew dub cub C used to be beat box for Clientele who was in the Wrecking gl So, but that's the thing. LA is a small tree, like you guys are hip hop Oh here is a big tree. Everything in LA is either NWA and who they became, the syndicate, my crew and who they became, which included Cyprus Hill which crew's ever last when and in Latin them or a few groups that were on Delicious Vinyl, which was Tone Lok and Young MC.
Speaker 2: So if there's beef in LA, you could call me Q Snoop, you know, and shut.
Speaker 1: It down because there's only it's everyone that comes up from under us. So that's why the only time there was ever bee from the West Coast was family feud when they fought and everybody just had to step back because How'm gonna get between Easy and Q when I know, you know, it's a family fuse.
Speaker 4: So when Fuck Devolice came out, did you know exactly what they was gonna go through at that?
Speaker 1: I had no idea because because you were the first, we were hardcore wrapped though they weren't really fucking with us like that. I didn't have no idea that the police would intervene. I had no idea they were actually gone through the body counting yet. Yeah, we were going through cursing ship. None came out first. Yeah, yeah, you know, I got my history fucked. Yeah. I thought cop Killer came off. No, no, no, cock Killer didn't come out to Uh. Body count didn't come out to the OG album came out, So that was later. But they did it first, and we were already getting in Trump for cursing. This is how bullshit shows at shows. Remember this, If you curse, we're gonna arrest you. That was you can't curse. So they would show up at the shows and show us that ship, and then what we would do is we would do the show and the cops would be on the side, and they used to shut the lights off and I would jump off into the pit and run out the side, so we would run from the cops and then we would get the tour bus and we would.
Speaker 2: Get to the next state. He really paved the way for us.
Speaker 4: That's just one of the total perspectives when a person says it like that. Because Luke said it, and I thought Luke was being bad, I didn't know Luke was being bad for cursing.
Speaker 1: I thought Luke was being bad for being vulgar and the Bible belt when you're down there, Oh yeah, that's that's yeah.
Speaker 2: They were running that kind of still, like that.
Speaker 1: They would show up at the show with a piece of paper that says, if you curse, we will shut the show. That wow, And and that was my cue to go harder, like, yo, fuck that. You know what I'm saying, We're gonna come out here. And I would always say the police warn me, and you know, that just got the shit even more crazy and stuff like that. But but my whole thing was I had already been breaking the law, right so so whatever this charge was was nothing.
Speaker 2: I was like, compared to what I was doing. I'm gonna go to Jeniffer talking kids, my motherfucking ass, let's go, you know. And I had money, and I'm like, we'll bail.
Speaker 1: I mean, I knew it was a petty charge, so I'm like, you know, So that that was that. We used to run from the police a lot. I remember, we had a big ass fight. We had. We had lots of fights out there on the road because when we would come to towns. They would they want to test you. Remember the big nagus of you. Easy come here, Easy, like they wanted to see Easy, Like you know, so Easy was small, so he wouldn't want to really just I'm always like, take me to your leader type nigga.
Speaker 2: I'm six foot tall.
Speaker 1: I'm like, let's go. We can go a couple up in this bitch, let's go. So I never really felt I had no problem with street niggas. When I got to Detroit, I'm like, take me to your leader. Let me see who the toughest nigga is. I'll befriend him, and I'm good. I'm not here.
Speaker 2: I'm here to entertain you anyway. I'm not your enemy.
Speaker 1: I'm not here to sell your drugs, to take your block, which you need some backsage passes?
Speaker 2: Is he the ball came up? Now we're good. Yeah, we good, nig You're good. Now I got security.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That's how I played it everywhere.
Speaker 3: And it's like quick said, Quick said, everywhere is like calm.
Speaker 1: To remember the joint. Yeah that's what if you're smart, if you know, I mean the same thing you do in prison.
Speaker 2: Like shit, I was just about to say that's so before we get into all that. How did ice t wind up in the Army.
Speaker 1: I got in the army because when I was in high school, I got my girlfriend pregnant. I was I just got out of high school and I graduated early. I was an a student. I was on the honor roll, all that shit. I graduated twenty we report card. I was out. I had all my credits, and I started trade technical college. I wanted to do by. I can paint cars, I can do all kinds of body and fender and all that kind of shit. That was what I thought I was gonna do it, pick slow riders. I was into cars. I always been in the cars. And I got my girl pregnant because I didn't really know how easy it was to get a girl pregnant. You know. I was just like a young dage, was not style.
Speaker 2: I wasn't getting that much pussy up to that point, you anyway.
Speaker 1: Nah, So I got it pregnant, and I was like, fuck, so now I got a baby coming. And I'm a small time hustler, you know, doing small bullshit, you know, stealing car radios.
Speaker 2: Nothing, drugs hadn't come.
Speaker 1: To nothing that, nothing had come up that was going to make me rich. And I was also very athletic. I was in gymnastics in high school. I was doing you know, parallel bars, crunch your highest crunch. Yeah, So I was strong. I was very strong. So they had an enlisting office on crench Yaw and I just walked in there and I was like, you know, I got to get out of the game because I got a kid. And so I went in there and and I just basically was picking uniforms. I was like, well, what's that, nigga, that's infantry. You get twenty five hundred dollars bonus. I'm like, word, okay. And he said that red beret, that's airborne, you get another twenty five hundred.
Speaker 2: I was like, I can't come home in no red beret. You didn't I couldn't wear no red I was like yo.
Speaker 1: So then I said the next one was the Black Beret, which were the Rangers.
Speaker 2: Serious?
Speaker 1: I like that because that was like the Black Panthers, right, And then the next one was special Forces the Green Beret. But that was fifty two weeks of basic or AI T wait sold on.
Speaker 2: You was about to join the army, and they tried to offer you red you use none.
Speaker 1: Why when I went in this nigga when they refused the army for red, Well, when I went in there, I was picking uniforms. I just was like, what am I going to look like? And then they was like, well this is regular infantry. This this call Mike moves on an interview just right here. If you go, you know, airborne, you get to wear red beret. And I was like, I can't come home and no red beret. You did what I'm saying. I was like, I can't come to my neighborhood. Okay, yeah, so that's what it was. So then I had a black beret and a green beret, so I picked a black beret. And uh, facically, it's just a bunch of training, bunch of athletics ship. If as long as you have a good cardio, you could do it, you know, but you just got to be disciplined. You got to get used to people yelling in your face, and kind of home Rangers is kind of tough. H Well, you know, if he was an army, you know, it's fentimental ship. They're gonna yell at you, they're going to try to fuck you up mentally. But then you gotta you know you deal.
Speaker 2: You sleep up from neighborhood. So how did you how did how did you did you do? Accept the discipline you got to you want to have to the hood is in the military.
Speaker 1: But you know that, you know, like in that movie Officer and a gentleman with the man said why are you here? He says, I ain't got nowhere else to go. That's the only way you're going to make it through that training. You have to believe you have no options. You can't. It's not something you just say, I just think I want to do. You gotta be like, what is my other option? I gotta do this? And so, you know, the training was exciting to me, and the athletic part was exciting to me. The discipline stuff, I realized they was trying to mind fuck me. So I've worked against that and I just knocked it out. But you know it's just some uh you.
Speaker 2: Feel that any of those skills you learned in the military helped you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I started robbing banks, Yeah, when I started yeah, yeah, well when I came home.
Speaker 2: The social waters from out there.
Speaker 1: When from the service, because I went to the Service right out of high school.
Speaker 2: Service and country, did you start a robbing country. Well it wasn't my country. Sure you live on the podcast with Iced Tea. It's capon y'all.
Speaker 1: What's up baby?
Speaker 2: What's up? Component I asked about you? Yeah, I told him. Hey, hey, listen, hey, listen, listen, listen. How long you're gonna be around? I'm gonna be here. This conversation might go all night. No, no, but they going in. We're just getting the halfway. We're at the halfway pointer. Baby. You know what I'm saying. Well, where you at?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, I'm close. I'm not fun. I'm not fun.
Speaker 9: I come to.
Speaker 1: You know, it's birthday, Happy birthday, and we celebrate the birthday birthday compone. All right, dug daildun gil.
Speaker 2: I hear Ali were going for this this interview iseed team. We're gonna hit you back you after you at the yotel at the alright, one of.
Speaker 1: The That's funny when niggas be on the talking on the phone, you got that and they be wiz kids out. I don't know if they talk that ship way better than you when I went.
Speaker 2: You hear what I said.
Speaker 1: When niggas be on the phone and may be wizz kids out, I say, the fans talk that ship wave, they break that ship down. He said, it's better talk regular if you're not doing that much because the fast book whatever. Oh my god, oh my god, hold up, that was the that was the straight fucking just well, that is not good.
Speaker 2: M I didn't I thought.
Speaker 1: I thought.
Speaker 2: I thought you helped me out my friend for no easing.
Speaker 1: So what we were talking about, sorry, talking about robbing ship the bank robbers.
Speaker 3: He got out.
Speaker 2: My bank robbery.
Speaker 1: There's two ways to the bank, come after, all right, just trying to do the right comes. So you know, Ice team, we praised foul niggas and all right in the way you described yourself.
Speaker 2: You're trying to do.
Speaker 10: You're like, you're like the foul nigga president. You got out the harmony and rob the banks. I'm trying to do the right thing.
Speaker 1: But when I got home, when I when I left, my niggas was small time criminals. When I came home, they had elevated their game. So I'm like, so what are y'all doing? They say, we robbing jewelry stores. We get in check cash and boots, were getting credit unions, you know, occasional banks.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying that's like that a bank. So I was like, so, what's to get down now?
Speaker 1: Due to the fact I had all that military training, I was able to up the game up and I told them, you know, basically, any operation deals with intelligence.
Speaker 2: The more you know about the mark, the better.
Speaker 1: So I added that to the game, like lots of heavy duty case and lots of understanding what the alarms and the response times was and stuff. So you know, I mean, there's lots of ways to doing it. There's what's caught. Like with jewelry, there's this basic snatch and grab where you just walk in and get a watch and run. There's basically the bash where you knock out the glass and stuff. Then you've got the burglary, which is a four or five nine. But if you're going for the safe, now see I could give up some game ship. Well, if you want to hit it, it's all right, fuck it it burglary. If you're going to rob a jewelry store, rob it at the time it opens or the time it closes.
Speaker 2: Why why because it's safe soap right in the morning.
Speaker 1: So what you want to do is you want to get there right when they let pulling the ship out of the safe, right when they're pulling those flags out. But that doesn't jewel That was when So once when you see a jury story at night, when they close that door at the last minute and they start to and if you really want to time it, let them lay the plaques up, let them get.
Speaker 2: Everything out and up out of the window. Let them do it for you so that everything is stacked.
Speaker 1: But right before it's getting ready to go in the safe, that's when you want to hit them. And then you know we're not going to give you the step by step details. And also bottom line is anything you do, you got to do it backwards, so it's not as it's not as important. Where the lick is is where you're gonna escape to, and that has to be like a maze of how you're gonna get away. A lot of you don't just do it and then say, now where do we run this? All that is all thought out one way where you know we use motorcycles on one way streets. I could I could take a motorcycle. I could hit the jewelry district over here and put a bike in. All I'm gonna do is hit one way streets backwards, right, So they can't get but then do they got helicopters under the ground, Like if you know, the best way to get away from a high speed chase is take them into a parking structure, not out on the street, a parking structure where now the cops got to stay outside, they can only come in one. Then you can ditch the car and you can go through the steps. And yeah, so all this stuff, it's shit I did for years anyway, and and you're gonna end up getting killed or murdered at some point because but yeah, I done it, and uh whatever, bank bank. But the thing of it is, most of the times, the two ways you rob a bank, you play a note, you play a teller. You go for the vault. What you saw on the heat is a takeover robbery where they would take the whole vault. That that's a lot of exposure.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I was around cast and winning the vault and stuff like that. But you gotta you're gonna be in there a long time.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Most times people just walk up and play the note and just get the one teller or you.
Speaker 2: Said a note, how did you the note?
Speaker 1: You just walk up and you just say I got a gun. Give me the money, and that is hand you the month fuck of money. That's called playing a note. That's an easy that's the easiest way robbed bank. It doesn't matter. The thing well, that's that's that's those are impacts. They still got them. Yeah then yeah, but you know what, at the end of the day, I feel very uncomfortable talking about.
Speaker 2: This stuff, you know, comfortable, right.
Speaker 1: The thing of it is is I want And also also like a lot of my friends are still incarcerated, so you know, from they in there saying they didn't do it, yeah, I am saying we did it.
Speaker 2: You know that's not good.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but you know it was it was a time and you know, uh, when I got that chance to rap, I jumped in and I didn't you know, because I knew my days was numbered in low digits. I knew that that wasn't gonna last. When you're hustling like that, you make a lot of money, then you spend it. You make a lot of money, then you spend it. You're up and down. Those are licks, you know, and you make it and you spend it. And it wasn't you know, I don't I didn't see a long life like that. So when the rapping came along, I was like, damn, you know I could do this. And then I tried to rap like New York and the niggas was like, rap about what we do. And then we invent what we call the crime rhyme rhyme based around that, and I got archives and archives of that ship. So I started making stories in the stories, like I call it faction, so it's its factual occurrence is put into a fictional scenario. So things I'm saying, did that happen? Did that really that happened? They couldn't not combine them. So the story sounds really real because the ship really happened, but just not in that particular order.
Speaker 2: Now, does that make any sense correctly?
Speaker 3: He briefly mentioned, I think it's we need to talk about a little bit more rhyme syndicate, which might be one of the first cruise of hip hop maybe BDP and rhyme syndicates around the same era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and who who are the members of rhyme syndecks rhyme? So nevertheless, House of Pain, you know Pain ever left?
Speaker 1: Yes, what happened was, you know, when I was trying to when I decided I wanted to rap. I had to kind of like leave my crime friends alone and get with these rap niggas. Right, So I'm with all these different rap people, and I would seem like I was gonna make it first. So I said to homies, I said, if I make it, I'm gonna try to help y'all.
Speaker 2: So I was reading up. I'm an avid reader, so I was reading that.
Speaker 1: You know, Lucky Luciano had started this thing called the Commission, where it was a group of groups with one common goal. A syndicate is an organization with a group of groups of one common goal. So basically, we're not I'm not the boss, You're the boss. You're the boss. You're the boss of your own organization a network. But we agreed to sit down and talk before we fight, right, So that's what a syndicate is. So I wasn't I just brought groups in. It's kind of like the West Coast Zulu Nation, really kind of like, but I knew LA wasn't really gonna ride with the Afro centric shit. There was two gangsters. So I created a term called the syndicate, and we had low Profile was in it, which was dub c. Of course, when we had When we had Mugs, Mugs was in a group called seven eighty three. At the time, he was a DJ and course Everlast Divine styler, Donald d Uh from the Bronx, where was ever lessons from where Everless from l A.
Speaker 2: He was like from the valley and he had the hair at the time. Remember when he came.
Speaker 1: He was brought to me by a guy named Bala Dasher and ever Last first sounding like rock Kim when I heard him.
Speaker 2: He was rapping.
Speaker 1: Now new rappers were rapping someone else's voice, and I'm like, right right, you know, and I'm like, you sound dope, but you got to use your own voice, you know. And so once he found his own voice, he started to rap and stuff. But it was just my way of I got Everlast a record deal, I got Divine Style of a record deal, I did a compilation album. It was just a way of me trying to help West Coast niggas, you know, and and try to create peace versus more which is not profitable educational.
Speaker 6: So now.
Speaker 4: New Jack City, which is New York City classic, but that is so.
Speaker 1: Disrespectful hip hop classic, man, I love those in my eye relaxed because that's how.
Speaker 2: That's how much to me?
Speaker 4: New Jack City is not only a New York class, right, it's not only a hip hop class.
Speaker 2: It's not only it's a worldwide class cinematic.
Speaker 4: But I need to know you as being the most gangster risk gangster you you you had the sixties on your back when it wasn't cool to say the sixties. You had the crypt ship on your back when it wasn't cool to say the cript ship. You had to gang ship on your back when it wasn't cool to say the ship. And now you get presented with this raw as a co Yeah, at that time it would have been controversy.
Speaker 2: But it's a joint called New Jack City, and they're saying that it's based on this guy was just not Nino Brown, because Nino Brown is a fatition.
Speaker 1: Based on some cats from from from New York City and also somebody from the Bay from Frisco Brothers or something like that thought catch Money Brothers from New York. I met the actual guy that said he was.
Speaker 2: They feel it. Just told me wait wait wait, okay, cast Money Brothers. Yeah, I got that, you're.
Speaker 1: Right, but.
Speaker 2: How does they even approach you?
Speaker 1: Okay, so what happened with New jack City was they wanted to make this movie and they had they had written the movie, and they didn't know who they were going to get. And at the time, there was just not there just wasn't a lot of black actors. Now there's hundreds of black hackers. But at the time, Wesley Snipes had only done Major League. He was, you know, he loved Major right, but that was he wasn't a big known actor. So George Jackson and Dougman Henry, the producers, they just had a brainstrom. They said, let's just take people from pop culture. Ice is selling millions of records. He's a little, you know, kind of little pro protest pro that let's get him. Let's get Chris Rock. He's the most grimy new So he just took all the people that they knew that were hot and different, and so let's make a lot of us.
Speaker 2: Never knew who Chris Rock was. Let's let's let's see if they can act.
Speaker 1: So I'm in a club and Mario Van Peoples was in the club and he says to me, he heard me in the roof.
Speaker 2: He said he heard me in a toilet.
Speaker 1: I was talking ship to somebody in the bathroom, in the toilet.
Speaker 2: I was in the bathroom, and I was on my ship. I was like saying, I say that.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, nigga, if the motherfuckers can get a microscope and find one molecule of me that gave a fuck, then they can angle me. But they can't angle me because it's not a molecule there that gives a fuck.
Speaker 2: So he said, whoever said that's gonna be the star of my movie?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: So I was on this on my ice t shit.
Speaker 2: So I'm out there and now now I'm parlay.
Speaker 1: In with three females talking my bullshit, you know, trying to sell him a dream. So I'm in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: And then he walks over says, a Ice, would you.
Speaker 1: Like to be in a movie? Some I'm like, Hollywood bullshit? Right, who Mario Mario? I'm like, Hollywood bullshit.
Speaker 2: You just people hit the old Mario Ron people says that was the main cop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and his father was in Sweet Sweet Back, bad Ass song. He's a gee Melvin Van Peoples. So he hits me with this bullshit about being in a movie. So I'm like, nigga, youre just trying to talk to these girls, like, you know, I introduced him to the females. He's like, most serious. Show up at Warner Brothers tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We got this.
Speaker 1: So we change numbers and you were already on Warner Brothers as a record. Everything around One Brothers at the time. So I show up at his thing and I look at the script. I'm expecting I'm gonna get four or five lines. So I read Scotty's part and I'm like, yo, this is the whole movie. Son, like really, Like, I'm not an actor. He said, you can do it like this.
Speaker 2: Nigga got dreads like I gotta. I'm like.
Speaker 1: Like, and they were like, and he's a cop. I'm like, I don't know. I don't know. So I got home, I start talking to people, you know, I talk to my boys. I'm like, Yo, they want me to play a police in the movie. Man, what you think we could I be in the movie.
Speaker 11: About Yeah.
Speaker 2: Niggas from jail was calling me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, yeah, blah, yeah, yeah, we sent the package and all that, but uh, yeah, you know, I know you in the bowels of the Devil. I understand the man. They want me to play the police, right now, what do you feel about that in the movie.
Speaker 2: Were if I was out, could I be in the movie? So no one was saying no.
Speaker 1: Everybody was like, nigga, that's an opportunity positive. And then then the girls where I used to get my hair did. I used to get my hair done twice a week. I had my shit permed up, you know, more wavy than the ships in the navy. You know, you know, you got to keep sharp and staying nice up in this bitch saying I got out match a motherfucking woman before I can she can understand what I'm saying. I was sharp, so I was sharp. And the girls at the beauty parlor, they was like nothing from the hood. I called the beauty parlor. I'm not no fucking salon. It was like I said, they want me to pill the police. They're like, you gotta do it, nigga, because you're gonna be one of the real niggas. And when you get older, you ain't gonna forget the hood, and you're gonna tell everybody what the fuck's going on, nigga. And if you don't do this movie, don't come back up in this month fucking right. So the sisters sent me out on that mission and I did the movie. I was shitting nervous.
Speaker 2: But now did they know this, this this story took place in New York.
Speaker 1: Didn't matter. It was just an opportunity, opportunity, you know, Nordy, I believe this man. We come from a background with no opportunities, and we always are, you know, upset about that. When you get an opportunity and you don't take it, and you're a real live sucker.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You're a real live sucker because you.
Speaker 1: Mention, you mentioned about it, and now you get it and you don't take it, and you got to put the jets on when you get that opportunity, because they don't get them.
Speaker 2: We don't get them.
Speaker 1: So I got that opportunity, so you took it. I went and I tried my best to do the movie. I was nervous. This is at the same time Original Gangster came out. This is my biggest album. I was platinum. I was like, yo, like I'm like, fuck this all off.
Speaker 4: But then you're not telling me you had a choice between going on tour this album and do New Jackson.
Speaker 1: It was no tour at the time, but my album was hot. So I at k New Jack City, was can I risk this and fu up my record? It's my record is hot.
Speaker 4: But but now, when you got the script, did they tell you the actors that was attached to it?
Speaker 9: Didn't?
Speaker 2: I didn't care, and I had a record out original game that was.
Speaker 1: The and and ruin everything that I got going and what my niggas accept me.
Speaker 2: I was worried.
Speaker 1: You know, I've always been more concerned with my friends, my close friends, whether they're in prison or home. That's been my thermometer on what if I'm doing what's right. I got to keep their respect. And my niggas is straight niggas, and they love going the word nigga.
Speaker 2: Hey hold, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Telling you to my niggas ain't corny niggas. They told me, Yo, a hustle is supposed to get the money by any means, by the path of least resistance, and television has a lot less resistance than twenty.
Speaker 2: Five a life niggas. So you do the right thing, get that paper, I start planning.
Speaker 1: Do your numbers. So so now I'm I'm where was I Jackson? Jackson?
Speaker 2: Yeah, New jack City. You were contemplating whether whether to do it.
Speaker 1: I was struggling, but I did the damn movie and it was successful, and I is scared. Like they said, we're gonna put dreads on you because we want people not to just see Ice Tea. We want them to give them a chance for you to be another character that they're so familiar with. How you look it throw them off. And I remember I went to the.
Speaker 2: Movies like after three days after it came out.
Speaker 1: I was sitting behind some niggas and I heard them, niggas, look at Ice Tea with.
Speaker 2: That motherfucking head on. Nigga, look crazy, motherfucker man in the movie.
Speaker 1: You ain't let you want yelling. I'm like, yeah, you did it too right. I wanted to get a real response in the nigga. About about ten minutes into the movie, fifteen minutes I'm chasing Chris Rock, They're like, get it, Scotty. They start calling me Scotti the name. I'm like that was was like yo, it's piss. But I was like, I'm pulling this ship like they're rolling with me. Did the movie was a huge success. No negativity. Hip hop embraced me, and everybody know. Nobody even tripped off the cop thing. They was like, nigga, you acting, that's a job. And I've been rolling like that ever since. You know, like acting is act.
Speaker 4: So that was your first movie, world that you fell in love with.
Speaker 1: On the first movie, I actually got to speak, you know, I was. I was in those other movies breaking back in the day. I was a feature rap talking.
Speaker 2: But then you then you get the call about to do a movie with Denzel ship.
Speaker 12: We got Elliott Wilson h Ambulance, but you get the call that was my next movie, the Denzel movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from Joel Silver, one of the biggest producers in the history. He does the Matrix.
Speaker 2: What was the name of this movie? Ricky set with Denzel and.
Speaker 4: Because because this is the crazy shit, Denzel is not Denzel, He's He's he's dead.
Speaker 2: He ain't got the Zel yet.
Speaker 1: He just yeah, and you do this movie?
Speaker 4: Did you know that this motherfucker is going to be the illest actor in the world?
Speaker 2: And did again? When did you didn't know that?
Speaker 1: I knew he was. I mean to me, Denzel, Well you heard of Denzel prior to that, but I just knew Deenzel Washington was the big was the biggest actor I ever worked with.
Speaker 2: You know, I remember I was just working with this new people.
Speaker 1: I'm working with Judge Nelson on Denzel Well, I knew Genzel Washington was.
Speaker 2: I was because Wesley wasn't really big. When we women were loving Denzel that that was his ship.
Speaker 1: He was the pill.
Speaker 2: He's like Billy d Williams. Yeah, he was a nigga.
Speaker 1: So when I met Denzel, he just he he came down to my level. He was like, look, man, I've been on television. I did this, and I'm just here and we just getting ready to go do this. And I never forget. I was in the first scene with him, and uh, you know, these really good actors they'll laugh and joke and they go action the bamn, they'll hit their cares. Actor. No, that's not method, Okay. Method acting is when the dickheads. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was on the set with a method actor and I called him his real name, and I'm Joe.
Speaker 1: Like when it's crazy, they won't there that person, they won't break, Like if they're playing a drug addict, they gonna go out and sleep with real drug acts and come to work dirty and all that old buttleh.
Speaker 2: Fuck that acting is lying. Acting is lying.
Speaker 1: Like if I say if I said, the next person who comes in the door, make him convince him you're my manager. That's acting, right. So they said what do you learn how to act? I'm like, stand in front of a jug. I mean, Denzel was talking and he was joking. Then they said action and then Nigga jumped into character on me and I flogged my line and Nigga did like this. He was like, come on, nice, what's that? And I was like, oh, that's how we're getting down. Like he's shown me like, come on, like we can we joke, but I'm gonna hit my line.
Speaker 2: So that's when I was like, I want to learn, just like that dude on the Ricochet.
Speaker 1: But that's when I'm my first chance learning somebody who could you know when actors do that? And that was then Zel, it's almost like they going through their legs with the ball they playing with you. They're like, I already acting Pam and they hit the ship and then they'll come out of and start telling other jokes. You're like, whoa's some dope ship right here?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I always wanted to learn how to act like him, and uh, you know that. But Denzel wasn't like he wasn't the oscar Ward winning that that.
Speaker 1: But to a bum nigga like me, he was.
Speaker 2: I was like nobody in the acting world.
Speaker 1: I was a rapper. Like, how the hell am I even on screen with Denzel Washington? Really? You know?
Speaker 2: So I'm one of my keys is humility and bought to kick y'all out the hold this whole side of the section B smoke and ship niggas is hitting wax and all. I gotta pay for this.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't get any money for that, Like New jack City. I gotn't get twenty six thousand dollars New Jackson.
Speaker 2: And paid it paid.
Speaker 1: You get Royal t eighty million, eighty million bucks probably one hundred million by now, I know, no royalties. I got paid scale my first movie. And that's just how it goes. That's it.
Speaker 8: Yeahs and and that that's not that's not That's just how the game they couldn't used, but it's what it took them to the next level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 2: How do you negotiate? You have no leverage?
Speaker 3: Who are you?
Speaker 1: They'll get another nigga, They'll get motherfucking a cake. They put chuck in a fucking wig. I know even there they d in there wrapping. You know, I knew everybody knew that replaced you. So so after that, when I went to go see Joe Silver, I thought I was gonna get paid. So I walked to there. I'm like, yeah, well, you know a last movie, you know made a lot of money. You know what I'm saying. I know I'm about to get paid. Now, he goes ice Tea, you've done one movie, stuck it to me again. So that movie I got like forty eight for less work this rick. I didn't get any money in movies until I did tank Girl, where I played the kangaroo.
Speaker 2: I didn't even hear a tank What is this movie? Movie?
Speaker 1: A movie called tank Girl with Lori Petty and I played a I played listen I'm doing. I'm making a movie with Keanu Reeves called Johnny Neumonic. I'm in Canada. So I get a call from my manager. She said, will you play a stripper in Arizona? I said, you want to fucking right, I'll play a stripper in Arizona. So that night I did like two thousand set ups. I'm like, yo, I'm gonna be right. Yeah, I'm ready to get my sex, said going. So the next day they send me a picture this kangaroo and it was like, I was like, what am I strippers a kangaroo? They know you're a ripper.
Speaker 2: Stripper a ripper, A ripper is a mutated person.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what's theme of the movie. The movie's Tanker and she sounds so generic. I was like, yo, am I not with Keanu Reeves? They need it? I mean, what the fuck is going on? And they told me how much money I was getting. I was like, I've learned the bunny hop. No, that was that my first I got a nigion dollars and you ain't never seen it. I was like, oh yeah, if you google Tanker right now, I look crazy, right Huh. It's like it's like a mute because he called a mutated person and they it's it's about like some sci fi ship. Yeah, like a fight over water and tank girl iced tea. You're gonna see a picture of me the game.
Speaker 4: Okay, So while we pulling it up, Yeah, I want to respect my brother Charlie, Charlie's brother for twenty.
Speaker 2: Years, and he can. He dove right into it. Look at this, Look at his pictures. We're gonna see that's me. But you got a million for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty two days, twenty two days in that ship that cjer is that No, that's that's Stan Winsy, that's Stan Winston. That's five piece applications. That's all same, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Watch you gotta put it on the cameras. Fucked that movie. We gotta show it to the cameras. So now, yeah, that was tank Girl. So that was you know, and and the thing it was.
Speaker 1: And now I'm at this point where I'm just taking jobs and I'm rolling with it and they're coming in so I'm like, shoot, you know, I'm starting to make money now finally.
Speaker 4: So now you consider that, you consider the actor. You're killing every role you get. Then cus I comes see Law Order.
Speaker 2: The same ship to me, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Can do that, y'all?
Speaker 4: Take a shot.
Speaker 2: Every time we say relaxed, Yeah, if you if you're watching it, take a shot. Listen. So Law and Order Doom, doom. Yeah, the sounds that they come to you and they say what they say. Okay, little pre pre story.
Speaker 1: At my first time working with Dick wolf Food, the executive producers that is in New York Undercover. Yeah, make I was at I was at my house in l A.
Speaker 2: Hold hold on, hold on, hold on, Benzina, come on, what's wrong with you? What's over? You don't even want to ask him for that? Buttery fingers? You have buttery fingers?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 2: Menzino you live on the podcast?
Speaker 1: Zo up.
Speaker 2: We're here with Ice Team.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Benzino's Ice? What's happening?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 2: Here with Ice Team?
Speaker 1: What? What's good? Man?
Speaker 2: All that you in New York?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, and this out we have five forty one Lexington. I'm the w Hotel. Come through.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool?
Speaker 2: You know my last name? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Don't see how they treat me so so New York got the cover.
Speaker 1: I was with Fab five Freddy in my house and well you on New York Coach the cover as well. I was on three times. I played a guy named Danny Yup and Andre Hirel was talking to Fab five Freddie. Fab five was like, I'm at ice teas crip, he said, put ice tea on the phone. He's like, yeah, you gotta come on my show, New York Undercover. Andre was part of that. I'm like, I told him, nigga, that's a rip off of New Jack City, you know, New York Undercover.
Speaker 2: I said, you, what's that? Too young?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. That's why I'm here to clarify. So so anyway, he's like, yeah, well come on the show, and I'm like, all right, you know I don't. I'm doing movies now, nigga. And then he was like, oh a rights, you too big?
Speaker 2: Now you know how they do that?
Speaker 1: Like, I was like, all right, well, give me a bad guy role and I'll play it because I've been playing poly I said, give me a bad guy role. So there was this role called Danny Up.
Speaker 2: I played it.
Speaker 1: I get a call from Dick Walking, we don't want to kill you. At the end of the episode, will you do more? And I fought with him. We renegotiated and got a better room. Move me from a bullshit hotel to the four seasons. I did two more episodes. I shot, I shot Maligo, Malik Yo was Earl and I just wowed out. So after I did that show, I did a show for him called Swift Justice. I played a bad guy. I did Law and Order. I played a pimp. They killed me with a bowl and pin. Then I had a show called players on TV. That was my own show with costas Man Lauren Frank Hughes. Okay, when those shows were over, Dick Wolf, he says, I wish I had a stronger vehicle for you, right, meaning you got it. But so I'm like cool. So I was back in l A doing my business, doing my ship, trying to create iTunes. I was trying to create MP three bass that we could put rap music on and people could get it go straight to MP three.
Speaker 2: Niggas was looking at me like what is MP three? Niggas was like that'll never work. Never, never work.
Speaker 1: Niggas ain't getting rid of these CDs. So I'm like, no, Niggas, it's a digital f I was like, niggas like this before Napster after that. It was during the time Napster was doing it. But my thing was, I will take your album. I would digitally. I was gonna create iTunes. I would take your album. I would put it onto a website where we would download it for money. iTunes stones where I was.
Speaker 2: I was yeah, and I was gonna and.
Speaker 1: Not only that, I was gonna do it regionally were to be a map. What the fun man?
Speaker 2: Hello, let let's look yours up, Let them up, Let them up?
Speaker 1: All right? All right?
Speaker 2: Really? Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, so my thing was it had a regional map, so if you could go to like if you were in Pennsylvania, it would have show all the rappers from Pennsylvania. So it would break it down regionally because I knew hip hop was regional, so you could do it. But anyway, that was I was creating when I got the call the dude s for you, and uh, I said no, Okay, I said no because I had fifteen employees, I had a databases, I had servers. I was trying to go and then my boy, we had a little problem in La where one of my buddies has set me up to get robbed. Yeah right, now he's no longer with yeah, so so, but basically one of my friends who I looked out time to prison. He sent some people up to my office and it was a robbery that took place. So everybody finally figured it out, and it was a little hostile moment. Everybody was worrying about what's going on, and then then we figured out who did it, and it was tension, you know, tension and shit.
Speaker 2: You know, my daughter was in the room.
Speaker 1: It was. It was an ugly situation.
Speaker 2: It's in my book.
Speaker 1: I wrote it in my book. So when it happened, one of my boys from sixties, when they called an emperor, he was he with me every day.
Speaker 2: So he was like, said, they offered me to do the show.
Speaker 1: He said, get out of town, man, get out of town. You know, fuck it, it's four shows. It's what we're gonna rob. You is some money here, like you know, like you know, we weren't making no money yet in the business yet. And he's like, I got this, So I came out here to do four episodes for SVU and it's been eighteen years. But then also the negative negativity is also one of the reasons he say, gonna shake to New York because of all this dramas going.
Speaker 4: On, because you know, how hard was it to adapt to New York because right now you like just as much as a New York Nigger than me.
Speaker 1: Well, I always loved New York. I always loved New y I was actually born in Newark, New Jersey. My mother passed when I was in the third grade. My father when I was in the seventh. I lived in Summit, New Jersey over there with my father, and then I left to go to La when my father died, and I was in La ever since my aunt his sister, so I lived out there with them and stuff.
Speaker 2: So this brought me back. Music brought me back.
Speaker 1: I was coming out here to get because because to me being a rapper, I had to get the coast sign of New York. You can't be a rapper and not have New York's coast sign.
Speaker 2: As far as I was concerned, already, happy birth I'm gonna get up. Let's say happy birthday. You got a good pony on.
Speaker 1: Right now to.
Speaker 2: Havy birthday, my brother you were doing. I'm gonna take a whole.
Speaker 3: Hands what.
Speaker 2: Brother love? We like half through my life story here these guys, and that's good. That's good.
Speaker 1: I mean it's better for it to come from my mouth to somebody continue please that bullshit. So when you moved to l A, Yeah, yeah, so that that was. That was when I moved to Cali with my aunt, and you moved directly to where you lived in Cali. Well, no, or no, I was living when I moved out there. I was living in an area called View Park, which is above Crenshaw and Vernon. It's like a nice area. It's up in the hills, and I used to I got bused to a white junior high school called like you kind of situation. He was in Palms Junior High School. Crenshaw High School was right down the streets. So when I got to high school, I said, I ain't catching the bus. And that's when I walked into the Shaw and uh, that's what I say, an original gangster. How I was introduced to the gangs. And I did a song because that's how I'm living. I said, you know, I was born in New Jersey. I said it before, but against nobody heard me. My mother died young, no sisters or brothers. I was the only son when I I was young. My pops died too. What's a nigga supposed to do? They sent me out west to live with my aunt. I guess they thought that was the best. But there was no love there and grown with no moms, I guess I was prepared to live in a vacuum. The bedroom, the kitchen, in the hall, the bathroom. I didn't leave home much. I didn't like LA. I didn't have no friends to trust. I got bussed to a school blacks and whites. I guess the shit was cool, but by high school I changed. I didn't want to bust, I didn't want to play the game. I walked the crunchy'll high. Shit was fly. I hooked up with a new crew, some niggas that knew act like they knew what the fuck to do. Now you may call it a gang, but we called it a set, and it was our own thing. The whole school was down, and one way or another, everybody fucked around, whether hardcore or not. You wore the right color, yeass got shot.
Speaker 2: Ran.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's how I ended up out there. So anyway, yeah, I ended up on SVU eighteen years and uh bless her. It was a very you know, the negative situation. Along with my buddies insight.
Speaker 2: It's just what do you think about Dave Chappelle when he made the skin about that.
Speaker 1: Dave Chappelle's a genius. It's it's gonna be hard to find somebody as funny. It's Dave Chappelle. Like every once in a while a comic genius comes out, like I lived through Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy, but Dave Chappelle just hits comedy from some other angle that niggas ain't agree, ain't it's just abnormal. Like, you know, I'm a fan of everybody, you know, I was just you know, I love everybody. I was asked with Kevin Hart the other day.
Speaker 4: But Dave Chappelle, Kevin Hard, if you don't bring your your monkey ass on here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kevin Mark's cool man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kevin's a businesspell Evin, Chris Rock, all them.
Speaker 2: But Dave bro Dave's comedy is is different. See Dave's natural. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's something different though, and he and he, I mean, we did the player haters ball. He doesn't give a fuck who writes that ship? But nasty, I'm gonna go home and put some more milk in your mama's bowl.
Speaker 2: Who writes ship? Like? What was the event you? Actually? I spent at an event in Miami. I think it was the player Was it the player's ball in Miami at Luke's Club?
Speaker 1: Oh, that was a player's ball. Probably.
Speaker 3: I was DJing I have a picture and you're like right next to me and told me you want you wanted to rhyme and you're like play shook Ones part two?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, rhymed in that spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was the one spending. Yeah, yeah, I remember that. I have a picture.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what's.
Speaker 2: I don't have it all a real picture.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think me and Coco were in there that night, So yeah, this is where I was gonna go.
Speaker 4: Before we go there, I'm I probably think You're probably the first rap album I might have ever jerked off.
Speaker 2: It was the cover the same time.
Speaker 1: That that was Power, Well you know what it was. It was it was just like nobody was doing it. Nobody was connecting sex, you know, the guns and all that, and I was like, this is part of it.
Speaker 2: Luke did it, but he didn't do it like he didn't gain somewhere he did.
Speaker 7: We did it and that was artistic actually the way you did when we did yeah the front of the Back, Well.
Speaker 1: That was the second album I did it on. Ryan Tay's darling was in the car with us, like in a in a bathing suit and me and Evil were in a Porsche and we had a palm tree and we were trying Glenn Friedman shot that and we were trying to say this is Cali. We wanted that to say California. When the time I did the Power album cover. I was dealing with power, like the three the three levels of power. One sex, that's the biggest power, right, so you see her. The next power is weapons, sex, money and guns, so you see the weapons. And then the next power is deception. And when you turn it over you see me and evil was strapped. So I feel deception is the ultimate power because you never know who's giving it to you.
Speaker 2: You know, you, I think you fired me, but really he called the shot. He walked away.
Speaker 1: So people that work in that realm of deception and and and that's a that's the awesome business. You don't know where the shot comes from. And that's the scarier power, you know. So that's what I was dealing with on the album. Because of course Darlene looked incredible at the time. The niggas you're saying, Darlene, but we don't know that.
Speaker 2: Darlene was was my that's my son's mother.
Speaker 1: And I've never been married before, but that was my son's mother at the time, and you know, me and her still got a good relationship, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, but your son, yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you know, at the time, I was I was in a world where I thought I thought you had to be real. Thought you couldn't lie. So I didn't know you could wear other people's jewelry. I didn't know you could say. I didn't know you could have a girl on the album covered it wasn't your gun. I didn't notice everything.
Speaker 7: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know I had to shoot in my own house.
Speaker 1: I had to. I didn't know that that. Oh that's what I say. The Gats in my promo shot props. You know, so I I didn't think that was okay, and you know I was. I ran my career, but I ran my career based on those principles. If you know, I said I don't when I said I don't wrap about Gats, Iron got hose.
Speaker 2: Iron caught.
Speaker 1: You know, guns, I ain't shot. The game to me is too fucking deep. If I did, honestly believe, I die in my sleep. If I don't have it, I'm a rap about not having it right now, you know, until I get it.
Speaker 2: But this was duck down.
Speaker 3: We will.
Speaker 1: Shorty. Yeah, that's my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me let me just tell you somebodic tea. At the end of the day, me and Compone we met in jail. We never ever ever.
Speaker 4: In jail, said we're gonna come home and rap right, me and this foul nigga, And I'm a foul nigga to him. It's my brother though, my brother.
Speaker 2: But we came home.
Speaker 4: We was in jail, in jail saying we're gonna flip some cocaine. Absolutely, I came home and Capone was rapping, and it was just like I was like what And I was rapping too in jail. But we ain't never really share raps. So we had this whole altitude we had embarked on. But and this is the reason why I named it Gainst the Rap or reality Rap. If it wasn't for you, they probably wouldn't be us. And that's real ship because when I look at the history and sometimes I could google something, I hate googling because I like to remember from what and the first original person that ever spit reality rap, Gainst the Rap, whatever it is is you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and we all owe you, not just we didn't know how to be fake, either of them. Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: We didn't know that. That's okay.
Speaker 13: We didn't know you could do a photo shoot and have a fake gun. You did a photo shoot for the vibe. You had a real gun and it went on and it went and it went off.
Speaker 2: But I don't understand it at all, this one.
Speaker 1: I don't understand how people can get on Instagram and all that in line and talk about ship but then all the friends see it and they know it's not real, but their friends let them do it, so their friends fake too.
Speaker 2: They're going along with this. They checked by the lights. If the lights there are, that's the reality. But you gotta have balls to do that.
Speaker 1: Actually me to put a picture up of me saying this is my house and the niggas know that.
Speaker 2: What kind of person is that? You got Instagram police? That's catching motherfuckers too.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm talking.
Speaker 1: About your friend that I'm talking about your friends. Like I was held accountable for every lyric, every lihime like Ice, you know, come on, Ice, nigga, yo, what you know? I had to make sure I stayed within the lines because my niggas would have laughed me out of town maybe like come on, Ice, you know, And my homie said, Ice, you don't never have to lie because you live such an incredible life.
Speaker 2: You don't have to it, just within it.
Speaker 1: If you don't you know, people ain't gonna believe most of the stories I tell.
Speaker 2: I need a nigga right here. This the code SIGNE half the ship.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 2: So people, but I don't get it now. I just look at people when.
Speaker 4: I would like to ask you hip hop now, what is your what is what is ice feelings on hip hop?
Speaker 1: I just don't think it's held to the same same rules or same standards.
Speaker 2: When I got in hip hop isn't held to the same standards as it is when you saw.
Speaker 1: Nothing but but but but. I think when I got into Wrap, I understood. You know, people that brought me in mail and everybody cheese to me, they said hip hop requires skill. That's what I did in the Art of Wrap, my movie. I said, it requires skill. You have to be have skill to be a breaker, a skill to be a rapper, skill to be a DJ.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Once you lower the bar to where there's no skill, it's no longer an art form.
Speaker 1: It's all yeah. So I came in when niggas would call you whack and you had to take it like you act, or you had to get better. You try to get better. It's now to me, it's kind of like dance music. It's kind of like disco. It's just beats and the productions, some of the some of the productions. I mean, I'm being honest. I'm being honest. I'm being honest. I can go into a club. I can go into a club and listen to trap beats all night long and I'm rocking. I mean, that's the sonic, the sound, the production and everything, but the lyrical context.
Speaker 2: Everybody starts just calling me Jack Juller, you live on the podcast with Iced Tea and John.
Speaker 1: Make get out of here. You know what up?
Speaker 2: Iced team?
Speaker 1: What up? Jack? I'm a fan man.
Speaker 2: I was with Jack and the Bronx. You know where you at? Hey, Ali, Ali, Ali know the address? Come through? Hey, we got to come up with the right all right, all right, all right, I break some and vodka.
Speaker 1: Goddamn it. I make niggas turn off their phones when they in my house.
Speaker 2: No, you know what, you know what, let me tell you some ice. They don't accumulate more. I haven't said this the whole interview. And one thing, one thing, one thing that I have to say to you is ice.
Speaker 4: Although I give the same love that you give to me to younger artists, but you not have ever been obligated to give me any love that you always gave me.
Speaker 2: Because I'm a fan. But it's real though I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Let me let me keep let me.
Speaker 4: Keep bigging you, let me keep bigging you up, because Ice you always had our back from the beginning, like you're one of them guys. Listen, you one of them guys that I know. I call and I know you're gonna respond. I know you're going to be and you know I always haven't been able to to do what I gotta do. But when I've been at the lowest, the medium, the highest always.
Speaker 2: Been in my corner. Because real niggas ain't one to show up at the party.
Speaker 1: Niggas.
Speaker 2: Real niggas meet you in the parking lot in the rain with the pistol. Thank you. I want to thank you. We'll go to my soldier boy.
Speaker 4: Hold on, but before before I get to the soldier boy, because I want to know who you.
Speaker 1: Got in the fight.
Speaker 4: But before that clown asked niggas, before that, I would like, well, you didn't let me finish.
Speaker 1: Okay, you didn't let me finish. I was I was, I was saying the music now sonically is incredible, but it's I just feel its lack of the lyrical content that I think that they're wrapping. They're rapping fast and wrapping stuff. But I'm not taking nothing from it. I'm not now. I listen to Jay Cole the other day, he got his record, and that's the only thing. I just think that, although you're a star now and you're rapping, take a minute and make a record and try to move somebody, like, try to change somebody's life with it.
Speaker 2: I understand it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Okay, you got the baddest bitches, You got the money you hire all the time. I got that, But what else is there? Anything else is now some people, there is nothing else. It's just getting money. And I grew up with cats like that. It's just getting money. But some people got it in them to try to help and move And if that's any you do it.
Speaker 2: But you change my life. Ice, You changed my life.
Speaker 4: One day somebody asked you and said, well, Ice, when you're dropping something, and you said, I don't want to drop something because everybody's dropping mixtapes for free.
Speaker 2: I don't want to spit my game for free. And that ship totally fuck.
Speaker 4: I was like, he said, if you notice, it's only East Coast niggas that do the mixtape game for free.
Speaker 2: West Coast mixtapes. They drop mixtapes, they sell these nips. We killed of people will.
Speaker 4: Sit back and say the downfall, the downfall of New York was, whatever, the downfall of New York was.
Speaker 2: We downgraded the old it self so many people.
Speaker 1: And I said that one day and nobody paid attention. But there was a website called Daft Pith okay right, we put out a thing called the Anti Mixtape. They were dropping twenty free mixtapes a day on that website.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was like, yo, this is so diluted. Now there's no value. Your down labels are suing them for that.
Speaker 1: But still it's like yo, man, I mean like, if this is your business, then you gotta hold and you gotta take its content.
Speaker 2: You can't just give it away.
Speaker 1: I never threw out a free mixtape since it's ridiculous. It's like, what are you doing, especially somebody like you's already known. I mean, if you knew, you might have to mixtape, but I don't, don't. And then how did the producers get paid when you're giving away.
Speaker 14: Nobody, you just you just do yourself in the same person that didn't put half the work you put in the game.
Speaker 1: You put yourself on the same level as them when you have a mixtape.
Speaker 4: But that's why you gotta have producers that's lawyer like Hazardous Sounds, s b k H, Scram Jones, Incredible Cuts, you.
Speaker 2: Know, people like that because because I'm not getting no money or for this, it doesn't work either. So you got to have people that's willing to take that risk with you.
Speaker 6: But mind you this components. When you said that ice, it changed my mind.
Speaker 2: On your house from queens Bridge. You stop that queens man. Why does your vapor smell like room boys smells good? It was like old Spanish pussy. I'm just keeping it real. It's just like some noise some old man. But you know is crazy your please? You can text me the picture when you rock it. Please? What is it that's that's.
Speaker 1: Giving away.
Speaker 2: The shirt? Our interview with you is so perfect.
Speaker 4: Giving way just say to you right now, your I I just can't thank you enough because I know you humble and you and and.
Speaker 1: The is going on.
Speaker 2: You guys, hey, but what but keep going, man going.
Speaker 4: You saw him, and I just want to thank you because you know why, and I know you don't give a fuck. I know you're a real nigga, but you know what I feel is real nigga should be saluted nowadays. At the end of the day, fake niggas had their time. And that's the reason why me and my partner right here starting this podcast.
Speaker 2: But you can feel it is we want to.
Speaker 4: If you notice, we've never interviewed not one new guy, and if you interviewed the new guy, he came with an old And you know what, only this is the only generation in the world that when you become old, they kick you out with the first roll that you can still do it jazz, you can still do it, shouts up my main game.
Speaker 2: You could be sixty seven.
Speaker 1: Pop stars get more love for longer, and hip hop is the only things.
Speaker 2: So you know what for me and my partners, that's why I got a rock album now.
Speaker 4: But listen, but you ain't got to have a ten million You just sticking with hip hop and you know you album just.
Speaker 2: As well. Sometimes you gotta snuff, you know, but this birthday you can't get mad. This is what drink champs Is drink chants.
Speaker 4: We want to salute our legends because there's no other platform to salute our legends. Like right now, if you say I'm going to do the hottest podcast quote unquote.
Speaker 2: They want to They want to get jay Z, they want to get Nas, they want to.
Speaker 4: Get Drake, they want to get all these people. That's not what we started out to do. We wanted to support our legends. You know, meet me myself, like the Raptors.
Speaker 1: I liked.
Speaker 2: One of the prerequences was what I like to hang out?
Speaker 1: Would you know? I wanted to roll with rock Cam. I wanted to hang with Big Daddy came. I want to hang around Compona no yea ray Kwan and want to.
Speaker 2: Hang with Easy. Give us an easy East story that I'm told.
Speaker 1: Nah, that's easy easy, well, easy game was. He always tried to tell people he was fifteen, shut up.
Speaker 2: Fifty five, come out. I know you don't come out.
Speaker 1: She's just wild out in the hotel room. Some stuff. I mean, I've seen Easy. You know the ladies that be cleaning the thing. It's like tackle a chick like.
Speaker 5: Like this.
Speaker 2: Before niggas was getting charges and stuff, niggas just wilding out but not you know, Easy was a good dude.
Speaker 1: I mean he was. He was the street member of the group. He funded that group right after.
Speaker 2: He said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna give you other people names and I just want to see you wanted to continue.
Speaker 1: To Easy with I know Easy. I mean, there's not think of it as Easy. He has passed away, so it's kind of odd to talk about him. I'm not gonna say no Wild.
Speaker 2: I'm actually a couple of people who have pastor. But I got wild story because you got you got, you got story. Arrested Jams, j Well Jam talking about Jam Messenger.
Speaker 1: Jay was Jay was another person who was like the most authentic like part of Run DMC, Like he was a street cat. So I would always actually like somehow they would gravitate to me and we would end up talking and stuff like that. But Jay was a solid dude. I mean, it's amazing that no one called who killed him. That's just amazing that somebody of that caliber, that's like somebody from like the one the Super Bowl, like Tom Brady get killed, nobody knows about it.
Speaker 2: You know, that's crazy.
Speaker 14: And the thing, you know what's crazy they talk about not solving big all on one second, they talk about not solving big murder, not SolV a park park murder, but they never talk about not solving Jamster Jay and he was just as.
Speaker 2: Pen and jay Z.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, jay Z, I mean jam message Jay and run DMZ. Remember you're talking about the moment with you. That was the moment that made me really wrap. Like I went to a concert they had and they had everybody put their deeds and jam J was on a riser and they had lasers and ship and I was just trying to rap and I was like, Yo, this ship is rocking.
Speaker 2: Run yo.
Speaker 1: I like to know that because we had always been doing it in the basements and the little clubs and ship and when I seen that, I think I went home that night and wrote like twenty raps Like I was like, Yo, they run DMC.
Speaker 2: Let me understand.
Speaker 1: This was big. Yes, business a bit, but it was bigger than the basement and the small clubs hip hop were okay, So I'm going a little bit all over the Yeah, Tac I knew pop when he was in Digital Underground. Yeah he was dancing.
Speaker 2: And it's that difference between dig underground. You could see.
Speaker 1: Tupo warned. I remember we were at a Soul Train awards. It was me and Dre and we were sitting at a table and Pock walked by. You say, d told them dot dr Dre. He just can't just say Drake, you know, yeah, as a stupid doctor Dre and and Pock walked by. And at that time he wasn't Tupac yet. I think maybe it was Treach or somebody. But he looked at the table and I could see he wanted to sit at the table, you know, I could see it. And then as he started to make his move as Tupac. I remember one time, see Pop was doing some strange things like all right, like he hooked up with the cats in in South central fifty second to five Deuces, which was rated.
Speaker 2: R and holds no no, I'm about to kick the produce out.
Speaker 3: But got go.
Speaker 1: He cooked up with raided all and they created that thing Thugee, which was based in south central l A.
Speaker 2: L A nothing homies in Jersey. No no no, no, no no, no. Doug life was rated R and and uh macadocious.
Speaker 1: They were out of l A right, And then you know he evolved from that, and then when he got into trouble out here, that's when Shug came in and got him out. But I remember one time I was in l A and Pop pulled up on me in a car with like this crazy ass chick, like some like strawberry bitch in the front seat. He had.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's how I noticed this of my brother. That's exactly what I said in my mind.
Speaker 1: Strawberry is basically Brons did get off for crack, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 1: It's a l A street saying for like a crackhu. Okay, So this broad, I know it wasn't his woman. I'm like, what is this bitch doing in the car?
Speaker 2: She already you know.
Speaker 1: But he's getting high and he had weeds. He had weed, he had gun, and he wanted me to sit in the car and listen to his record. I'm like, nigga, are.
Speaker 2: You riding around?
Speaker 1: Like like are you serious?
Speaker 2: Pop? Are you fucking kidding me? I'm like, oh gee, so you know, let me just take me.
Speaker 4: He was trying to impress you, even if he wasn't trying to press you, because every time I hang out.
Speaker 1: With you, Yeah, I tried to impress But he was.
Speaker 2: He scared me.
Speaker 1: So I was like, I was like, pop, man, this is crazy. But I'll tell you some real inside ship.
Speaker 2: He was in my house.
Speaker 1: I had a studio called the Crackhouse, and he was at my house with the outlaws, a couple of the outlaws, and he played me hit him up and I didn't like it, and I was like, you're gonna start something.
Speaker 2: You didn't like what he was saying.
Speaker 1: I didn't like him starting to beef. I was like, dog, you knew I was going to go. I said, you're going in on dude's.
Speaker 2: Wife and all that.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, He's like yo. And then at that time, he thought Big had shot him and I was like, yo, woll you can hear it. I wouldn't you ain't for the handling that with a record? Really are you?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: So we kind of was on bad terms with that because he wanted me to ride with him, but I was like, I couldn't, you know, And so that we was we was kind of like in that zone when he got killed.
Speaker 2: What he was saying on that record, was he saying that that was reality or was he saying, I'm just a record.
Speaker 1: It's a Brecord, you know, talking about but just a B record, Like if you're gonna set it and you setting it yelling West Coast, you shouldn't have set this. I knew that was going to turn into a real situation, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know I'm not out wrapping you. I'm threatening you. I'm talking yeah, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like yo.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, I mean, are you really even to go there? You know, I'm sitting back like who I'm supposed to be.
Speaker 2: I'm older.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, this is this is you know.
Speaker 2: But he wanted me going like yeah, yeah, yeah, this is good ship, let's do it. So yeah, this man is he saying that he's smash faith. That's what I'm doing. You heard but he said that he's sash You heard the rec he said it. But was he in the studio? Was he saying this is true?
Speaker 9: Wasn't?
Speaker 2: No, No, we didn't get there.
Speaker 1: I just listened to the playback and was like, dog, that's I don't know, he's a general too much.
Speaker 2: It's not a good idea.
Speaker 1: Plus I'm cool with New York, Like, yo, you knew what it was gonna create absolutely New York though, But it was gonna cause a crazy in all all bullshit aside, right if you think it, maybe shot you while you're making a record street ship right, Okay, so we went there. You handle this with a record, okay. But he wasn't ready for that, and I wasn't really trying to send him on noment. I was just trying to get it, get it, come on, man.
Speaker 2: But as an O G should like yes from school.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but but anyway, long story short, you know, I love pop. Pop was a good kid. I remember one night shot G came and knocked on my door and he was like, yo, you need to talk to pop and he said, you like one of the only people he'll listen to. And they was like, yo, you know he gonna he's ain't listening to me at that time. So you know, he kind of got caught in the song. See when you're when you're not in the LA gang scene and you come to l A and they embrace you, Yeah, it's you're not necessarily safe, you know, And it wasn't where he was supposed to be. Like, you know, you you make records, you should be on your way out of the game. You shouldn't be making records and then going into it, you know, because you're making flyers like a stream. Nigga has the power of animinity. Who shot him? Pooky Low? Who's Pooky Low? Nobody fucking knows who shot him? Iced Tea Iced Ta gonna be on this flyer, He'll be right here. You know. You no longer have that ability to disappear into the hood. Niggas could pop up on you any motherfucker where. So you gotta let that ship go. You gotta let that shit go. You're no longer in the underworld. Now you're part of the mainstream, and you gotta you have to behave like that.
Speaker 4: So did you did you actually see like after that, did you see that park was going down the road that wasn't necessarily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't, you know, it was just not a good place to be, uh, you know, but you know he was rolling with Sugar. Sugar got him out of jails with everybody had turned thy back on the truck when he got caught in that mess, Sug came and saved.
Speaker 2: Now, what was your relationship with show Sugar was nw A's bodyguard and.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but he rolled with them and being Sugar always had a cool cool like understanding no beef because we did no business. But you gotta understand, Sugar is a football player and he basically had at connections to the mob or the mob the cats in his neighborhood where he's from, and they were bloods and he surround.
Speaker 2: Himself with a gang of bluzz so that was power and and something.
Speaker 1: But then again, my boys they were like, we the other side, so that don't matter to us. And I got niggas as big, big as Shug, So it's like, what's happening?
Speaker 15: And before you fucked me up with that one, my boys was the others, like you know, for the rap game, all they knew was Sug at one point.
Speaker 1: That's but but but see, I'm not operating as as that type of a militia. They got go yeah, you know, yeah, but you know, it's like okay, and that's chugging. We we everybody was cool, everybody understood everybody. Everybody had their limits. But me and Sugar have never shared a negative word. He was very respectful in areas and we respect each other. We we aren't enemy, so to speak. But then at the same time, from two different sides of the gang world, you know what I'm saying I'm from a crypt side. Okay, So they like, whatever, can I.
Speaker 2: Your question with this is going to a different stuff when we talk about beef. What was the deal with you? L L said I crushed more dre man Ice Tea girl.
Speaker 15: Well, what happened was, L I had asked that because I mean, not that I know of, not that I know, because because Ice Tea is a real nigga, I just want to that was like that was that was.
Speaker 2: Equivalent to Biggie and parton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no that I didn't take it like that. What happened was with with with him was he was just saying he was the greatest effort ever. And I was coming out from the West Coast, and how was I going to be able to be taken seriously if I let someone say they were the best. So I had to wrap my I was just like, fuck, whoever you think you are, nigga? You know, I had a whole coast on my back. So I was like, let's go.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Whether I thought I could actually beat him rapping whatever, but I had to stand my ground, and I thought I might have been able to be more clever than him.
Speaker 2: Who knows, but it was no. That shit got shut down.
Speaker 1: Bam. I'd actually shut down that wrap beef because damn because June, because l L wanted to be part of Zulu. And there was a moment where they were asking me, and I'm like, well, if it's up to me, you know, me and him, it's kind of beef and and ship. But at the end of the day, cool, yeah, because Africa Islam put me in the game. I'm catching on them right, so so l you know, but it was just record ship. It wasn't. It was just he was a better rapper. Wasn't threatening each other's lies and ship and all that. And I did this and that, and I think he said I took the record the thing to the bathroom or whatever.
Speaker 2: But you know whatever, you know that's not ground some murder. So now that you're both like TV.
Speaker 1: By storm like yeah, both the rapes.
Speaker 2: That, how does that? I ran into L and Monte Carlo. We were doing what's up?
Speaker 1: What's up? All right?
Speaker 2: To see all right, what's going on over.
Speaker 1: Ben Zenos in the I was watching TV. I saw you get shot on TV. I was like, your relatives shot you crazy? Shot?
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Let's get this.
Speaker 1: We went we went money Carlos doing a television convention, and uh I chopped it up with L L. And you know it was like yo, man at the back in them days, this is what we had to do. We had to stay in our ground, no disrespect, and we shook and everything. But I had this recently. This happened maybe five years ago.
Speaker 2: Up to that point, I had n't crossed the L L's path, nothing like that whole time.
Speaker 1: We don't have to. You know, we live in different coasts and you know.
Speaker 16: But.
Speaker 2: Hollywood didn't bring you all like like what about you? What about mod? Did you cross? I love no when that happened, did you ever we gotta? It wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't that serious.
Speaker 1: It was rap ship. It was rap ship. It was never that serious. It was just like I could rap better than you.
Speaker 4: Know, as a as a young dude coming up and then as a young dude coming up like embarrassment.
Speaker 17: Come on, man, lies that young dude coming up right, So I see you like you? You you were that soldier boy fors rap. You're like, yo, that ain't real hip hop or whatever, blah blah blah.
Speaker 18: Like I agree with you because I come up under seeing nigg upon the North. I know, real hip hop, but I'm taking it as like he's a young boy coming up trying to use a platform just to make it.
Speaker 2: Out the hood. So it's like I feel like if I was him, like I'll be hurt to.
Speaker 1: Hear that first, because like I look up to you, like, why are you gonna shit on me?
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to make it out feed my fan. Okay, there's a backstory to that.
Speaker 1: This is what happened.
Speaker 2: This is why we were talking about phones off and cameras.
Speaker 1: So we were I was making a mixtape for one of my homemies in the hood, right, This dude just a regular nigga. I'm on his wrap rapping for him free right. So when I get into the booth, the niggas start like like saying, niggas don't want to hear you.
Speaker 2: They want to see Soldier boy.
Speaker 1: They want to they pumping me up then using this ship to get me hot.
Speaker 2: They're like, yeah, they don't want to hear you. Nigga didn't want Hurricane Chris nigga. They hit my g bone. I'm like, whack ass motherfuckers, And I went on a rant and I licked you up.
Speaker 1: I went on a ramp and the niggas taped it and put it out and put it on in the front of their mixtape. So I'm in fuck them. So that was That was one of my iced t old man rants. It was he was never supposed to hurt it. So now I'm in Arizona mine and my business. My son goes soldier boys on the internet talking shit about you. So I'm like, what so pearing that they playing the tape back keep listening. So now I'm like, well, I can't back down. I did say this ship yea. So now I'm out there, so let me verify, let me break down what I said. And I just told the nigga break straight up, nigga, this is how I feel blah blah blah blah blah and what and then rest is history.
Speaker 2: But at the time, I felt the bar was starting to drop.
Speaker 1: And I just think that once again, there needs to be a degree of difficulty in hip hop that always has been there and that's what makes it something special. There's something about a star. A star is something you can't reach. That's why Michael Jordan is a star. You can't reach it.
Speaker 2: And that's why we look up to him.
Speaker 1: But when you're doing something that everybody can do, you not really a start and doing what anybody can do, show me something I can't do, and you get to praise. So you know, God blessed soldier boy. But you know this is what I do know. Niggas will end up in their own ship if that's what they deserve. So now you're seeing this guy and looking where.
Speaker 2: His life is. You see them saying, so.
Speaker 1: You you don't really gotta do nothing to nobody. They gonna end up where they're supposed to be because of their actions.
Speaker 2: So you know, God bless you. But now we want to you know, try.
Speaker 14: That's like, that's like if you ever heard about the laws of Murphy, what can happen will happen, And that's what murphys Murphy.
Speaker 2: And let me just tell you something you want to do.
Speaker 1: Any gang brother, your guy, you know the history in this room, man.
Speaker 2: You know said, yeah, you know ice Icey could killed.
Speaker 1: Hold on.
Speaker 2: Whatever it was. It was real because.
Speaker 1: Real ship though, and I respect it because.
Speaker 2: Hold on fare the table I got to spent on you. It was real because like like I remember when we had the artist call and we was on Timmy Boy and When Time and which is now owned by Warner Bros.
Speaker 16: Right right, exactly the same time. But it's crazy because it all happened at that time. But when he came out with the cop Killer song, you know, we just got it down. Tommy Boy grew from Boston, you know, got a little single deal. We put a song out called one the Chamber. So when the Chamber, we talked about two kids who had got killed in Boston, and the police got over with it whatever, you know what I'm saying, shot shot dude under a car, shot and other dude in the back of the head, and they got over with it. So we ended up getting dropped from Tommy Boy because the Boston Police Patrol's associated had suited us.
Speaker 1: So I forgot.
Speaker 16: There was an interview and it was something that I fo don't know if you did an interview, if I did an interview, and it was just something because since he had the cop Kill song and we got with the cop that was trying to compare things and it was saying that I said, well, as far as I know, you know, even though of course I see legend in the game, but the song from my understood was kind of rock. It was rap rock, you know what I'm saying. I said, it was kind of different. I said, you know, I said, we didn't. I said, oh, it was just a rap song. We was just pretty much talking about you know. I mean it was almost like the same thing. But we went out and did a show at the Earth of an Empathey.
Speaker 1: So it's just the five of us. You know, we don't have no security nothing this ship.
Speaker 16: So it was four of us, plus we had this little Jamaican nigga that did on the hook for one of the songs or whatever.
Speaker 1: So when when when when I had K came with mad Man, This was the time I guess where they was trying to squash the crypt the truth. He had like a hundred niggas with. I'm like so like one of the niggas was like, yo, I.
Speaker 16: See over off Man, I said ship sometime I think right, I'm like, fuck right, I mean niggas.
Speaker 1: Look on my side of the story was this when the ship happened, the word got out that R. S O said that we I was the reason they got dropped right right right. But that's that's how it came at me. So they was like your r s O said something about you act the way so like like I was telling them in my I keep every winter breast of who he might have beef, this, that and the other.
Speaker 2: So I think r RS.
Speaker 1: So it popped up on our radar, like kid, it's rs OL. Niggas says some fly. So then I'm at the place and they go there, they go right. But we felt it though, because I was like, look, I said, look.
Speaker 16: I said, look, I said, man, I said, we gotta stay together, and said nobody wants nobody run.
Speaker 1: I'm giving a fuck what happens. We're gonna get mopped up together. Somebody run. We got a problem. Like the niggas.
Speaker 16: The little Jamaican nigga was like, oh, I didn't even like he was like, what the fuck did I get myself?
Speaker 1: I'm not even like.
Speaker 2: We wasn't in that mode. They just identified him.
Speaker 1: So I'm walked over to you remember no no, because your man came. He was like, I t want holler.
Speaker 16: So I said, I'm gonna go this like I said, I'm gonna go over there. I'm gonna go talk to the old. We went over that top and I never forget this.
Speaker 1: And you said that.
Speaker 16: She was like, look, man, I ain't got no beef for nothing. He says, Man, you see these nigga that's the great street, this, that, and that. I'm looking out. I'm like, yeah, you know, I'm looking at it like I see it. He's like, man, fuck that. He's like, let's go kill some cops together.
Speaker 2: That's what you said. I was like going to the ship, like, look, I know my beat is not with you. I beat you out with you.
Speaker 1: And also, I never I never, I never really took secondhand information. You know, if somebody say you said something, then I'm gonna get you and I'm gonna see if you'll say it again, you know, because that cause niggas get killed over secondhand information.
Speaker 2: It wasn't real.
Speaker 1: So if I can't walk up to Ben and say, yo, what's really good? But I was really more or less like I ain't mad man. That shit went bad when my shit got banned, shit went bad for a lot of people, you know, and everybody said it was my fault. I'm like, yo, this shit is real, right, we're real. Like, so if you guys have had heated at the cops, then let's go get down. Because I was always like that with niggas. I'm like you so quick you kill another homie over an orange soda, but when they come you.
Speaker 2: Run like where's your gangster?
Speaker 1: Still to this day, yeah, they had the American flag with all red and blue. Remember the stage turn like that was history.
Speaker 16: A lot of people didn't even like that wasn't documented, but you had the bloods and clips on stage.
Speaker 1: They had American from a big flag. It was big.
Speaker 16: It's about as many niggas more than here, So it was I mean, it was that was an ill moment. It was a moment where LA was and I commend you for that. That was big to do that that that hadn't been done before as far.
Speaker 1: As I knew. You know, I wanted to try to get the l A gangs to stop killing each other. I still and this is like all in the same gang. Now, this is during the ninety two this is the truth? Which truth is what's going on that's prior to that?
Speaker 2: And why were you on that record?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: That was after I was. I was, after all in the same game.
Speaker 1: But you was the reason Boston started.
Speaker 5: When Colors came out, That's when everything started forgetting about After Colors came everything started was everything started going like in take of Boston when Colors came out.
Speaker 16: Then that's when really I noticed Boston started ganging up. You know what I'm saying. It was right after Colors Colors, like, I mean, niggas beefing the movie theaters. Nigga was going crazy when that ship came out.
Speaker 1: You know. You know the thing of it is with me, man, that's like, oh d I'm responsible for a lot of negative ship that happened. But really I've always been the person that's really tried to get peace. You know, at the end of the day, my message can be misconstrued, you know, because I can go into that mode, but that's not really my get down. My get down is not that. And when people meet me, they go, wow, you so mild, managed you so cool? You know, where do all this gangster shit come from? I say, Well, people like me are the ones you gotta look out for. The nigga walking around talking all tough and shit like that, he doesn't have any power. That's why I don't understand why Donald Trump, now that he has all this part, needs to kind of fuck because when you have that ability, then you don't need to raise your voice on Twitter.
Speaker 2: You can just become calm because it's it's nothing.
Speaker 1: You know, so yeah, you know a lot now. Niggas see me now and I'm not the normal rapper. They like, why you ain't. Yeah, I'm like, I don't, don't need to.
Speaker 5: Be like that.
Speaker 1: That's all that extra ship right then that's over. It's it's a different life, it's different time, but the same ship can happen. Niggas can bring the grammy.
Speaker 4: I just want to I just want to do, you know, appreciation. I've seen my brother ching bing is here, my brother bach shows here. I just want to diego Benzino.
Speaker 2: It's a great podcast going on right Ice, Team.
Speaker 1: Ice.
Speaker 2: I can't thank you enough.
Speaker 4: I can never thank you enough for anything you ever did, because you know what, I could never repay you for anything you ever did.
Speaker 2: Me tell you something for the baking too, man, I can never repay you for anything you ever did to mereak. And you know how I repay you with that.
Speaker 4: I repay you with that is because I always do something for somebody who could never repay me.
Speaker 1: That's a game. That's real talk paying for its real talk paying forward.
Speaker 4: Because you're so big, I can't even it's nothing I can ever offer you. I can never offer you money, I can never offer you anything. All I can offer you is real friends.
Speaker 2: But it's always a treatment.
Speaker 1: Players meet, it's always a treat when you get around cats to your own caliber and you can chop it up. And it ain't nobody bragging and talking about that unnecessary shit because at some point everybody has everything, right, So there's nothing to brag about now because we all have everything. So now what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: What have you done?
Speaker 1: What are you giving back? You know, that's how really wealthy people brag. You know that they talk about how much money they gave away. That's not what they have because we all got the gats and books. So what are you giving I'll give away ten million this year. I gave back fifty minutes. That's why. That's how the baller's brag. You know, we're still on the niggas side trying to get something.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. We ain't there yet.
Speaker 1: But my thing is if Ice Tea is really just a person that is trying to show people there's no limits. Everywhere you want to go, you can do it. We all come from the hood and you set your own limits. You know, if you listen to the crowd, gonna end up with them. You did, you can just do whatever the fuck you want. And uh, you know, you just got to drop a lot of that negative ship. You just got to drop a lot of that boisterous, arrogant shit to get you shot.
Speaker 2: And you get you.
Speaker 1: You just learn the mellow out. And all of us in this room should live as long as we want. We shouldn't go to prison.
Speaker 2: All that we pass it.
Speaker 1: Once you get out of your twenties, that's the kill zone right there. If you make it out of that, there's no Now you're og. So here's the playing Xbox Nordy. That's all I do.
Speaker 2: I play one year old. Let me just say this, this right, got a one year old on.
Speaker 4: Here's a problem is they never expected us to make twenty one. Now after we make past twenty five, now they call us a OG. But back in the days, they used to call you a OG after thirty five.
Speaker 1: Forty, But now they call you a OG twenty. Is that messing up all community? I'm out of too, g understand this, man, I'm on hold, I'm on another channel, right, I'm on the channel it. It's cause niggas I fuck with, I like, and that's the only people I care about.
Speaker 2: Can you send me that app?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want?
Speaker 2: Anything else is.
Speaker 1: Relevant, and they can come up and they can learn. If they don't want to take advice, they can learn the way we learn. You did. What I'm saying might have to make detoy through the penitentiary, but they gonna figure it out.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 2: If I funk with niggas, I funk with and that's the only Let me just tell you something. I can never thank you for anything you ever.
Speaker 1: Did for me.
Speaker 2: That's really and you continue to do it for me. You have never fronted on me.
Speaker 1: I really really appreciate everything. I really love you as a person. I love you as an artist. You already know that.
Speaker 4: I know. I can guarantee you when we go downstairs, I can probably know more lyrics than you know to your own ship.
Speaker 1: Stop it. No, no, no, no, that was.
Speaker 2: Because the way he called his verses. No, he really knows. I'm not gonna take that.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, Ice Team, big up to your beautiful wife, Coachy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything is good. We're not gonna ask you no Coco questions and none of that right. You know why this is hip hop right? So to me, well, you love it.
Speaker 2: You open that door, You open that.
Speaker 1: Door, you open that door.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but your wife, Chanelle is in the building. I got a one year old daughter, look y'all beautiful.
Speaker 10: Like you.
Speaker 1: I was happy.
Speaker 2: I'm happy.
Speaker 1: I'm just very fortunate to still be here, to still be in the game. I never wanted to be at the top of the game. I just always wanted to be in the game. Just bubble, you know, and just chill. I'm about to turn fifty nine. You know, I didn't know that, Nigga. I'm standing the waist, handsome in the face, nig you know.
Speaker 5: What to do.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna know you for fifty one. So so just from that age, just from my age.
Speaker 1: My perspective is going to be a little bit deep. Of course, the people I grew up with is a little bit different. So that's kind of like, you know, you say you cut from a different cloth. I'm cut from a different cloth. So I hold that code that all that I've always held it. And I was telling them earlier, the only thing you leave on earth is your your reputation and respect that I've earned.
Speaker 2: So my kids.
Speaker 9: Forget the money, Jack Thriller, were coming down, you're.
Speaker 2: Telling me, But I'm in it like this, right.
Speaker 1: The only thing that that you have in life is your name and your respect and your honor and my kids.
Speaker 2: It's regardless how much money I can live. And it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: If my son says I'm a little ice and they say your father was a sucker, then that's his life. He's gonna live under that. So if I'm an honorable cat, people are gonna look out for him. They're gonna go, that's your dad, you know, the same way we look out for Biggs kids, the same way we look out And that's what I'm all about. It's by maintaining my respect and my honor for my kids. That's all. It ain't about the money. It's not that that shit, you know, all that shit comes and goes. It's all about that. As long as you a player has his health and his freedom, anything can happen. Right. If you have your health and your freedom, that's all that matters. So I'm at home playing Xbox, eating cockos. I take my black ass the law and order. I come back home. I mod my motherfucking business. I'm trying to stay the fuck out the way. I don't want to be on your blogs, and none of that old bullshit pop out when I've got something to sell. When i'm pushing something other than that, I'm cool. I'm chilling because we all got everything we need. Remember this, we all got every thing we need. It's all about now what you want? And I can't tell you what you want. We got what we need. What do you need? A pair of pants and shoes, a car and rent and food.
Speaker 2: That's all you need. Everything else is what you want, right, That's all you need. But we got that. So your life is based around.
Speaker 1: What you want and and and you don't know what I want.
Speaker 2: I might just want to chill and watch TV from from the bottom of my heart. And I'm gonna speak for my partner as well, both partners. It's kind of awkward.
Speaker 9: This is a religious experience. Attention, but half for all of us.
Speaker 4: We want to thank you because you know what and then and we also understand that you had started your podcast, you had dig your podcast, but you need to stop that and come with drink Champs.
Speaker 2: Network fucking with you did I did fifty nine episode. This is what we're doing. I am Shug Night and puff Daddy together. I love it if they had never had bet if Sugar Knight and Puff Daddy got together, this is what drink chat Blackford iss come on to do it all myself.
Speaker 4: I said, thank you so much because you know why I security.
Speaker 2: There really isn't no other platform of hip hop.
Speaker 4: No, we will give real talk, but not only that, we praise our legend, right because every time in our game, after you get ten years, you're finished. And in every other music or genre of anything, after you get ten years, you're a legend. Well come on, man, when you get ten years and hip hop saying you oh it, and we don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: But here that's another place, you know. My I mean, if I met George Clinton, I know George Clinton. We've got telling much money, he got break. He's motherfucking George Clinton absolutely got it, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's how I mean. You know, I'm not a digtional swoots. Just so you know that you are George Clinton and hip hop makes you you may the kids.
Speaker 9: This this my kids.
Speaker 2: This is my children, all all of them. They might not look like it, they all my children. That's dope.
Speaker 4: That's all my but you are the George Clinton of our hip hop and we're gonna continue to praise you.
Speaker 2: Keep you alive. Come on, make sure thank you God. Damn I see makes him no drink Camp.
Speaker 11: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d j e f N.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink Champs on.
Speaker 11: Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by yours truly, dj e FN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real norriegon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mineus at Who's Crazy on ig at, dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going
Speaker 2: To drink champs dot com