Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It is our one on Wednesday. It's the day before the day the NFL season opens up, and we have something special for you, well, something special for us. We hope it translates to something special for you. It's something called hot Dogs and hot Takes. Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 3: No, Boddy?
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait wait wait, that didn't come on. Let's go, Todd. I didn't even hear you. No, no, no, no, you have to do it again. Hey, it's our one on this Wednesday, the day before the day, and we have something for you.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: Hot dogs and hot takes. Yeah, who is it better than we do? There you go, one single person?
Speaker 3: Yes, nobody.
Speaker 2: Hot Dogs and hot takes today coming up next hour, piping hot hot takes. This is the fourth annual. I don't even know if it is the fourth annual. We want to make it sound like we've been doing this a long time. This is where you can win the game and lose credibility all at the same time with a hot take, a couple of hot takes, you know, for instance, last year, one seat O'Connor said Lamar Jackson would be the MVP hot take. No, it was a real take and spot on. I do like that. When Seaton says Lamar Jackson MVP last year, Todd goes, I would have gotten murdered if I said that is my hot take.
Speaker 3: You would not. Why would you get.
Speaker 2: Crushed that a guy had already won a unanimous MVP could possibly win another MVP.
Speaker 5: I just I felt at that moment that I would have been You guys just would have went all over me for that.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: See, to be fair, Todd had just given possibly only one of his hot time takes, and we spent like.
Speaker 3: Five minutes making fun of it. Okay, what was it?
Speaker 2: And then I don't remember what it was. It was something about the Broncos. I think Broncos are finishing nine to seven and one or something like that. I would have road divisional playoff game, and the hell, all right, we'll bring back some of our hot takes from a year ago. And these guys wanted to have a food accompaniment, so we have hot dogs and hot takes. Let's go combing up today. Yeah, we got some mustard, butter and syrup, but hot takes.
Speaker 3: We're gonna happen. No, there's no hotcakes.
Speaker 5: We haveing hot dogs and hot cakes, hot take takes. I thought we're telling yesterday we were gonna be able to do like pancakes and hot dogs because of hot takes hotcakes.
Speaker 2: Unless I misunderstood you did, and it's called not listening. It was hot dogs, hot takes. This is where you get murdered for stupid things. Yes, okay, this is where we pile on.
Speaker 5: I searched the impression that we were hot dogs and pancakes together.
Speaker 3: All right, you make the pancakes.
Speaker 5: You guys wouldn't survive that with if you had me put the batter and everything in there.
Speaker 2: That's true. But that's why I would like for you to just go out there and do you know, take the first hour off some time, an hour two to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, wow.
Speaker 2: Dan Orlovsky from the Mothership will join us in about fifteen minutes. Nobody's joining us an hour two on the program. Hey, maybe Dan Lebotard will join us again for that disaster that happened yesterday.
Speaker 5: Is that all about it?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, no idea. You were the one corresponding with Dan Levatard.
Speaker 5: Guest, you're talking to him for like three minutes, and then I'd even paying attention to what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Coming soon. The Jalapanio Lime Moonshine. Early reviews mine say this flavor is outstanding. We'll let you know when you can order that. And once again, first come, first serve with Jlapanio Moonshine. It was one of those where I was like, hmm, I don't know, and then all of a sudden I had to taste and I went, oh, I know.
Speaker 3: Stat of the Day.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Patani America, the official trading cards of this program. First down, we're brought to you by the great folks that Express Employment Professionals. They provide the workforce you need. With Express, you can lower labor cost, reduce turnover. Go to expresspros dot com to find the location nearest to you. That's expresspros dot Com. Yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: Now, to win the Hot Take game, it's not necessarily. You could win it in two different ways. You could win it day of and you can win it six months later. Like see O'Connor saying that Lamar Jackson win the MVP might not have been the hottest take of the game last year, but it sure worked out for him six months later.
Speaker 3: Yes, So like I.
Speaker 2: Didn't win the Hot Take game initially, I don't think he did. In the long run, he did win, right.
Speaker 6: Because his predictions, most of them came true. Now to win the hot Take game, like last year, if you would have said something wild, like you know what, I think the Cleveland Browns are going to make the playoffs and Joe Flacco is going to be the court back, that would win you the hot taking but no one would say that in the right mind.
Speaker 2: Or if I said somebody's gonna die, come back to life, die and come back to life, but not win the Comeback Player of the Year, you would have said that's crazy, Dan Wild.
Speaker 3: But it did happen.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sedan, I was gonna give one of my hot takes right now, but I shouldn't know. You gotta wait till next hour. Next hour, we don't have any guests, so we're gonna fill it up with let's just keep bringing that hot dogs and hot takes, hotcakes. Yeah, I thought we were having hot hotcakes.
Speaker 5: I was all excited about hot dogs and pancakes. That's so oddly wonderful.
Speaker 2: Eight seven seven three DP Show operator Tyler is sitting by to take your phone calls. Got a name maple syrup and butter for those hot cakes.
Speaker 5: I know what you guys like, what are you talking about? Sitting but hot dog?
Speaker 3: Never once?
Speaker 5: Why don't we do hot cakes?
Speaker 2: Which sometimes you hear what you want to hear, and that's what happened.
Speaker 5: You have waffles. You're not gonna be pick XO waffles. You're not gonna let me have the hot dog at the.
Speaker 3: Show's seven minutes in. Come on, we can do better than this.
Speaker 2: Maybe we can't be a good show.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: Then all of a sudden, social media, why do you guys always pick on Fritzy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we have to, we need I do.
Speaker 5: Tell them to write in on social media and flood to Twitter about that.
Speaker 2: I know you're the one who did come up with a suggestion box for this show. I did, and it was an anonymous with handwriting. We all know you're creepy handwriting and.
Speaker 5: My passive aggressive wording give it away as well.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll have a poll question seet and we'll do the honors. Phone calls are always welcome. Email address DPA Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at TP show it'll be the Ravens and the Chiefs coming up tomorrow night. Ravens still getting three. This is where we overreact because do you remember last year the Lions beat the Chiefs. Oh my gosh, here come the Lions. Uh, the Chiefs. They're not going to repeat. Well, it's a long season. All you need to do is get into the postseason. We were correct about the Lions being real, and we were correct about the Chiefs still being dangerous. They end up winning. Now is it motivational? Is it pressure to try to repeat? I think it might be motivation. I don't find it pressure because nobody's done it before. And I don't know if people are still embracing the Chiefs and saying they are the team to beat because last year we watched them get embarrassed by the Raiders late in the season and we thought, wow, they are not going to repeat as champs. And then all of a sudden, they did what they need to do.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It was Mahomesy and again to the rescue, Travis Kelce, Isaiah Pacheco and a great defense, and now we have a team that could repeat.
Speaker 6: Here, yes, Pauli, I found some articles about the Chiefs last year at the end of September, they opened with the loss of the Lions, they just get by the Jacksonville Jaguars, and then in Game four, with no Aaron Rodgers, they just squeak by the Jets. It was like the sky was falling, you know. And mahomes numbers last year were the worst of his His regular season numbers were by far the worst of his career. But it's don't you think they've entered the category of the Patriots ten years ago that if they're in they're the favorites.
Speaker 3: Yes, they'll find a way to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, but you know when you look at what Mahomes did now, I know he's on his own plateau, his own tier, but he didn't play great last year until he really needed to play great. But this was you know, you had Rashid Rice, Isaiah Pacheco. It felt like they had guys they were depending on that you wouldn't normally depend on. And Kelsey was wonderful when he needed to be. But that was really a defensive effort by Kansas City last year.
Speaker 3: That was what was amazing.
Speaker 2: Like, we give Mahomes credit for winning back to back titles, but it's real It's almost like it was that defense and then Mahomes after that, not the other way around. And normally we lead with the quarterback. They said, yeah, he led them to a championship. He knows how to close a game, and that, to me is invaluable. It's valuable. But trying to find that where you go that guy knows how to close out a game. Brady knew how to close out a game. How many quarterbacks in history know how to close out a game? And that's the difference. That's the difference between being great and an all time great and the greatest of all time. Winning those games. You might not have great numbers, and Mahomes's numbers in the Super Bowl, you know, aren't mind boggling, but when you need to have a play, it just feels like game on the line. Every time Brady was playing in a Super Bowl, got the ball and he had to score a touchdown to win, I would just say he's going to and I think the defense he but even go back to when they face the Falcons, that was a foregone conclusion. I mean it really was, where you just going, He's gonna win the Super Bowl? Now you know he got help White scored the touchdown, but still you just said he's gonna win the game. Mahomes has that feeling of he's gonna find a way. It's Marianna Rivera, It's it is Enter Sandman, and it's ballgame lights out. All right, So we'll come up with the pole and well seton what's pole question? We're looking at first hour on the program, it's it's Hot Dogs and Hot Takes Wednesday. We can start semi negative number of coaches fired before the end of the season.
Speaker 3: Yah, let me wait on that.
Speaker 2: One two or fewer three or more two or fewer two or fewer, fewer two or fewer Yeah, I mean, I'm looking at coaches who have left a job prior to the end of a season. Since twenty fourteen. There's a lot of coaches, man, a lot of coaches I don't even get to finish the job that you try to start.
Speaker 3: So we'll have that for you coming up as well. What else do we have?
Speaker 2: It feels like most seasons there's two or three coaches fired before the end of the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two or three, all right.
Speaker 2: I wonder if the over under is one and a half or would it be.
Speaker 3: Two and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going two and a half.
Speaker 3: Two and a half.
Speaker 2: Maybe DraftKings has that. I mean, I hate to skew negative so early on the hot dogs and hot takes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, which is better? Hot dog job? Okay? All right, here we go. Would you rather have hot cakes today or hot dogs today?
Speaker 2: I should have asked this. I did a preemptive strike. I got a hold of Tyler last night. I said we need hot dogs, and he goes, okay, And then I came in and then I realized someone thought we were having hotcakes. Todd wants hotcakes. Seaton hot dogs are hotcakes with hot takes. I'm turning into more of a hot cake guy as I get older.
Speaker 3: But at hot dogs, okay, Marvin, hot dogs.
Speaker 6: I think Paulie both rhyme like hotcakes and hot takes would have also worked.
Speaker 3: But I'm going to be grateful for the hot dogs. Okay, thank you, Yes.
Speaker 5: And hotcakes over hot dogs that they were having them together.
Speaker 3: He wants both, which is great. No, that's that was a misunderstanding.
Speaker 2: You had a misunderstanding because you thought I said hot cakes, not hotcakes and hot dogs.
Speaker 5: And I'm happy with the hot dogs over hotcakes. You're just gonnain.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't believe you, but you know that's what we're having hot dogs.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, to give you example of a great hot take last year, imagine last year in the hot take game, we would have said someone has said Patrick Mahomes will not finish top five for at League MVP. That had been a scalding hot take coming off the season he had the year before. Yeah, he finished seventh for m VP last year. Okay, that's that would have been the scalding one last year.
Speaker 3: Overrated.
Speaker 2: Don't let Nick write here that he'll be calling up to defend his boy. My Super Bowl pick is tomorrow, I know, and man, it could get out of hand. It could get squirrely Chargers again. No, no it I I think I can be talked out of it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: Historically, you think of a pick, yeah, then think of eight other picks and go back to your first pick.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I wish I would have done that on the SAT. I would have done better, but it didn't work out.
Speaker 3: No, it did not.
Speaker 2: Damn did I outsmart myself. I got numbers in the teens on my ACT and I I know, and then my mom goes, you need to apply yourself. And I said, all right, the next time, I'm not going to sleep, I'll stay out all night and go in and just take the test. And then I did better, and I said, I applied myself. Mom the night before, just stayed out, had some beverages, went in and took it at eight in the morning.
Speaker 3: All right, so we'll come up with the poll question here. Wait, did you come up with one seaton?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna go with that. Coaches one? Oh wait, we're skewing negative? Yeah, okay, how many? Way too much positivity flying around right now.
Speaker 3: I don't think so we'll pick the coach or coach it. No, oh, we have to. No, it's ugly, but you have to.
Speaker 2: I got already got one written down. First coach I think is getting fired.
Speaker 3: No offense? But is this you follfense?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, that was no offense. No whoa?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay, let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's rally. I don't know did well? All right, man, I don't know if that was good. I have a coach too, let's go.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that first segment was good. But you know what, Dan is gonna join us. I'm gonna make Orlovsky give us a couple of hot takes that are a little bit fun, you know what, Fritzy, maybe frame it that way because I don't want ky go. I don't want people to go, oh my gosh, you picked the Falcons to win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: We want some fun takes out of if you.
Speaker 5: Were already communicator and he set that to me by text, Yes, sir, he's ready with fun takes.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, let's take a break here, just getting started. Morale is high ish and uh. We'll talk to Dan Rolofsky from the mothership right after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. He's Mike Karmen. I'm Dan Bayern.
Speaker 7: We have a fantasy football podcast called I Want Your Flex.
Speaker 1: That's right Dan.
Speaker 8: Every week we're gonna scour the waiver wire to find the pickups to turbo boost your fantasy lineup, sit starts, fantasy football players rankings to get you ready to dominate the competition.
Speaker 7: Listen to I Want Your Flex with Mike Carmon and me Dan Byer on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts and wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: We bring in Dan Rolofsky ESPN football Analysts part of NFL Live and they're extending it to two hours on Mondays this football season. Dano with Mark Spears, Ryan Clark, Meta Kaimes, Laura Ruttledge will be there for the Jets and Niners on Monday in Santa Clara three Eastern on ESPN.
Speaker 3: Great to have you back on. Are the Chiefs on scholarship this year?
Speaker 7: Meaning are we giving them a pass type of thing.
Speaker 2: Even if they have a slow start. They lost to the Lions last year opening night. You know, they could have lost to the Jets. I mean they struggled a little bit there. Mahomes didn't play great during the regular season.
Speaker 7: So yeah, so go back to last year. I don't think the Lions winning down there was that surprising, you know, just because the style of play. I do think the people being out in that game, Chris and Travis had their part. And then obviously the story of the season, which was one that everyone teetered back and forth on was it going to matter or not, was the drops in the penalties, And that was really why Patrick didn't play to Patrick's level and all that. So, you know, it's silly or it's odd to think that the team that won the Super Bowl is a better football team this year than they were last year. But I don't think it's even close that they're a better football team this year as long as Hollywood and Xavier Worthy or healthy players, because just the addition of speed now they got. I was saying this yesterday. I mean, Patrick is by far the best player in the NFL, right, most important player in the NFL. He's got a rookie starting at left tackle. I mean, you can make the case we often have the conversation who's under the most pressure in the NFL? That left tackle rookie from BYU Bob. You know, he's he's got a lot of pressure on him. So you know, we got to see what that looks like. But I do think if they play to you know, the way that the talent kind of aligns it, they'll be a better football team. So the expectation, you know, they're the team to be.
Speaker 2: But I wonder if it's pressure or motivation to try to repeat if I said pick one or the other for the Chiefs, is there pressure to threepeat or is it motivation to three p I think it's.
Speaker 7: An obsession to three p You know, I don't you know they are. Patrick has long been different when it comes to the way he viewed his career. I think that's why he took that long contract. The same with Travis, the same with Andy Reid. I think there's this obsession to go do it because no one's done it. I think for Patrick it he realizes that places me firmly into the conversation with Tom Brady, like because I've done something that he's never done. Obviously, Tom has the longevity in the seven. So I think there's an obsession within that group, within that organization to go get it done. I don't sense a ton of pressure. I think it's more them wanting to go do something that's never done before.
Speaker 3: When do you make your Super Bowl pick?
Speaker 7: I've made him already. I actually shared them to ESPN yesterday.
Speaker 2: Okay, who wants to guess Orlovsky's Super Bowl picks?
Speaker 5: Todd dani Alaski has the forty nine Ers beating the Chiefs and keeping them from the three people see.
Speaker 3: No Connor.
Speaker 2: Eagles Chiefs Eagles Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Marvin Chiefs forty nine ers. Okay, guys are boring, Paulie.
Speaker 6: I think he's got Ravens Niners.
Speaker 3: Ravens Niners. I think he's got the Lions in there.
Speaker 7: Lions who Lions, Chiefs who went second?
Speaker 3: It's Seaton.
Speaker 7: I got Chiefs Detroit, I think, yeah, Chiefs Chiefs Detroit. No, was that you, Dan, Chiefs Detroit? Yeah? I got Chiefs Detroit in the Super Bowl. I think I got the Chiefs winning, though. I took. My AFC championship game was Kansas City Houston, and then my NFC championship was Detroit Philly, I think, and I had Kansas City beating Detroit in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Give me this surprising team who doesn't make the playoffs. Start with the NFCIX.
Speaker 7: Surprising team he does not make the playoffs. I feel like I've been adamant about this. The Dallas Cowboys, I think is a injustifiably just because of all the different pieces excuse me, that are part of their football team. You know, there is obviously the narrative, the pressure of you know, the contract situation with certainly Dak and Mike McCarthy, but you know their offense is going to start two rookies and all counts seem to be like they're gonna be good players, but it's a different animal be and those guys on a consistent week to week basis. Their running back room is a lot left to be desired. Defensive tackles still a question. Inside linebackers still a question. The Deron Bland injury is still a big deal because he's gonna miss the first what four or five six games, So I think a lot of the defensive pieces are missing, specifically Dan Quinn as well. I think Washington can finish second in that division, so I would say the Dallas Cowboys are on. I think the NFC nor is gonna be the best division in football. So I don't think Dallas and green or Detroit and Green Bay miss it. But I think you could have a really good Minnesota Vikings team. Not get in type of thing.
Speaker 3: What about AFC?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the AFC, I think Kids City's in.
Speaker 3: You like Buffalo Dolphins, I.
Speaker 7: Don't like the Dolphins to get in. No, as much as I love their football team, the Dolphins are in a tough spot because it's gonna take them a little bit to start this season to get truly healthy We'll see where Jalob's Phillips, Jalen Phillips is. Jub's got to come back from the injury. Think a couple of pieces on their offensive line. But then in the assumption game where everyone or when everyone gets healthy. Their final eight games are absolutely treacherous like they're and you could you could be a good team and not win one. It's it's that daunt think of a schedule. So it doesn't set up well for them. So I could see Miami missing out. I think Buffalo makes it just because how Josh would be so great. But I've concerned with the Milano injury. Baltimore. I think Baltimore is fantastic, obviously, but Baltimore's got a lot of question marks. You know, you're replacing fifty percent of the best inside linebacker duo and ball, You're replacing three offensive lineman, you're replacing a defensive coordinator. They have my attention for sure.
Speaker 2: Danilovsky, ESPN Football Analyst, NFL Live expanding to two hours on Monday, starting at three Eastern as they will be on the road in Santa Clara.
Speaker 3: Jets and the forty nine.
Speaker 2: Ers, you have, the Jets are always going to be interesting with Rogers being there. They have a lot of talent. They did win seven games and they had zero quarterback play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hard to.
Speaker 2: It feels like you're trying to troll people if you pick the Jets to be great this year, Like do you get that feeling? And it's a good roster And it really depends on I'm not comfortable with the coaching, but Rogers being healthy.
Speaker 7: I would say this, Dan, I don't think it's trulling because I would ask you, how are the Jets not good this year? If you just took the roster, the talent that they have, and we're honest about the talent, because that league is about talent, how do they not How are they not a good football team this year? You would say, Number one, some of the key d or pivotal pieces get hurt, you know, if Tyron Smith doesn't hold up. But then I would say, well, fashion who can maybe play there? Garrett Wilson gets hurt, God forbid? Or you know, Aaron Rodgers gets hurt again, God forbid. So you sit there and go, well, it's health. But then I could say that for everybody, and then well the coaching, offensive coaching, we can make we could have that conversation, but then you go, well, Aaron Rodgers, and he's got to give you some confidence that that won't be maybe as bad on the surface. So it's hard for me outside of health to see how the Jets aren't a good football team.
Speaker 2: And and also you go back to Buffalo, it feels I think Josh Allen's got second best MVP odds, and it feels like he might get more credit the better they are, because they may not be as loaded as now, they could be better. But I think with Dig's not there, I mean, we might look at Buffalo as an underdog instead of a favorite like we have in recent years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because you know, the favorite of recent years I think was coming off of that AFC Championship game with Patrick and whatnot. It's hard for me to see joshuin MVP just because Josh, if you're not Patrick, you're everyone thinks you so type of thing. So you know, people are gonna find ways because Josh's style of play as well, I do think that they will be a more consistent offense. I do think that Josh is capable of becoming that second version of Patrick where he plays a little bit of that point guard mold. That's what's going to be necessary. It really comes down to their defense, and I don't want to minimize poy'er in Hyde were as good at duo as the NFL, and Milano's is spectacular. So you're talking about losing twenty five percent of your defense to really high end players. So I think they're still the favorite in that division. They are, but I want to see how the defense looks more so than the offense.
Speaker 3: Could Josh Allen change his style?
Speaker 7: No, and he doesn't have to. He doesn't have to, though he doesn't have to. And I have said this since I think we had this conversation maybe about you know what Cam Newton and Carson Wentz a little bit just onto the football field. Josh has a certain skill, a certain physical talent that if you don't play to that way, you're making him a lesser player. Over the course of time, you might have a game or two stretch where you adjust it because that's what's necessary. But over the course of time, you can't change that style of play, nor do you want to. Because the highs are as high as anybody, and there might be some lows along the road that you sit there and go God bless if this didn't happen. But you're not paying him for that, you didn't draft him for that, and you don't have a chance to win the Super Bowl because of it.
Speaker 3: What's your policy on starting rookie quarterbacks?
Speaker 7: The number one thing is are we capable of supporting them so they can survive? Are we capable? I think the rookies in the quarterback needs three things. They need a really good scheme and play caller together. They need a plus offensive line and plus skill group. I will always go back to if we looked at the rookie quarterbacks that have come in and played at a high level, I'll go to CJ. Stroud last year. Okay, did he have a plus scheme? Yes, the Kyle Shannan scheme, Bobby Slowank. We didn't know if he was a good play caller. Turns out he is. Did they have a plus offensive line? Yes, Now that scheme helps that offensive line because of the play action. And do they have plus skill group? Absolutely? That's why part of the reason why CJ. If you go to Dak Prescott in twenty sixteen had one of the greatest offensive lines in the history of football. He had Jason Whitten Hall of Famer, you had Dez Bryant. Maybe in the conversation for Hall of Fame, he had Ezekiel Elliott. So just remarkable support group, Ben Roethlisberger, Russe Wilson. So they all have those similar traits. So that's like the surrounding parts. Those three things got to be in place. Second, he has to have something about his game that allows him to survive early on and then thrive. It's either unbelievable processing, it's remarkable athleticism, it's lights out ball placement. Like, he's got to have something in his game. And I think the third thing is he better be You better be darn sure that he can handle the suck of it, the failure of it, because in college you're not often going to walk into that building on a morning being the reason you lost in the NFL. You will, and you better be able to handle that mentally.
Speaker 2: All Right, it's time for hot dogs and hot takes. You don't get the hot dogs, but it's time for you to provide us with a couple of wild predictions this year. Okay, Now, now you don't have to believe in it totally, but just okay, just something that.
Speaker 7: We can be convinced into it, all right, A little fun, a little fun, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So let's start in the NFC. Give me a hot take.
Speaker 7: Washington wins the NFC East. Okay, I think Jaden Daniels wins Rookie of the Year. Washington wins the NFC East. Philadelphia stumbles out of the gates and there's chaos in Philly, so I will start with that one. The second one is the NFC North gets three playoff teams in and it's not Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, and Minnesota all make the NFC playoffs, and Sam Donald becomes, oh my gosh, Sam Donald doesn't stay get football conversation narrative?
Speaker 3: Pretty fun.
Speaker 7: The Los Angeles Rams win the NFC West. That's not that crazy, you know. San Francisco obviously the favorite. But the Rams win the NFC West. So I think those are probably but my my NFC ones.
Speaker 3: Okay, give me AFC down.
Speaker 7: Jacksonville wins the AFC South. You know, the whole conversation this off seasons Houston, Houston, Houston, Houston, Houston, and Tennessee gets Brian Callahan and Jacksonville hasn't been talked about a lot and Trevior Lawrence is in the MVP conversation, so finally takes that big giant leap. I have a fun one for the AFC West, but it's a little bit attached to college football as well AFC North. I'll sit there and say, well, I.
Speaker 2: Think that's it for the AFC that I have fun Wise, well, what's the AFC webs all Right?
Speaker 7: This is just like a hypothetically fun one.
Speaker 3: I could see it sounds like a harball, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I could so. I think I was big proponent of Antonio Pierce getting that job in Las Vegas, right, But I don't. I don't think they're gonna be a great football team, good defense, great football team. Hypothetically, they get into the back end of September October ish, they're not playing. Well, there's the future, doesn't look promising. Trade Davante to the New York Jets for a number one next year. They become the number one pick in next year's NFL draft. They pull a Houston Texans and they take at number one Shador and then at number find a way to use that second first round pick to get to number two and take Travis Hunter, and both of them go to Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: I'mbout a round of applause for dan Or last year that time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, I want that one to hit. I want that one to hit.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: I like that one and it's on the record. Now, it's not one of those. Hey you had a fun pick. Oh you actually believe the Raiders and this guy and this and this and this the dominoes that have to fall.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's I'm sure I'm gonna get a couple of social media ones off that. Now.
Speaker 2: Once again, this is just a hot take. This is having fun. Yeah, yes, don't want you to lose credibility, Dan, I don't want that. But if it hits it, yeah, absolutely absolutely you can take a victory lap us Save Travels. Thanks for joining us as always, and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 7: You guys are the best. Thanks Bud.
Speaker 2: That's Dan Orlovski NFL Live. Two hours coming up on Monday this football season, Marcus Spears, Ryan Clark, Mena Kimes, Laura Rutledge. They will be in Santa Clara Jets and the Niners. That'll be Monday. They'll start at three Eastern on the mother Ship. Take a break play the day. Coming up after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: Wap Oh My God.
Speaker 3: To Play of the.
Speaker 4: Day, ter LIFs, I got it play.
Speaker 2: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 1: Check this out.
Speaker 3: Here's the pitch from Contreras.
Speaker 4: Lookie Swans, HiT's a dry d plot, Paul, This ball's back. This's both gone home on Hooky Bets. Put a Mookie on Anna him a three run the shot here. The Dodgers have opened it up in the tent.
Speaker 2: The Angels intentionally walked show hey Otani to get to Mookie Bets. First time the batter ahead of Bets was intentionally walked since twenty sixteen. That's courtesy of AM five seventy LA Sports Dodgers Radio Network. Mooki goes two for five, drove in four of the Dodgers six runs. That's your play of the day. Play of the Day brought to you by tire rack dot Com, the official tire expert of the program. Go to tire rack dot com slash Dan try the tire decision Gun. See the full lineup of Hankook tires and special offers free road azard protection, mobile tire installation, tire rac dot com, the way tire buying should be. What show Heyo Tani forty four homers, forty six stolen bases, gonna get to fifty stolen bases? He stole third last night? Question is are they going to pitch to him? Can he get to fifty home runs? I think Ronald Acunya Junior the third didn't he have like seventy stolen bases and twenty home runs? Does that sound about right with the most homers, most stolen bases, yes, Paulin.
Speaker 6: Ronald Lecunya in twenty twenty three had forty one homers.
Speaker 3: Seventy three Oh god, he had that many home runs?
Speaker 6: Yeah, break down Wow, stell of the day, stant of a day, stant of a day, stantata day.
Speaker 3: This is the style of the day. Stat of the day.
Speaker 2: Ron to you buy Panini America the official trading cards of the program. The Broncos cornerback Patrick Sirtan signed a war year ninety six million dollar contract extension. That's getting paid. He's a really good player too. Dan Orloonski had some picks here, he had some hot takes there. The Commanders winning the East. I like the Commanders probably. Okay, there's a couple of teams I might like more than I should. Falcons Commanders in the NFC, I like them. I like Jacksonville to win their division. There's there's just a couple of these teams where you go, I'm just not quite sure.
Speaker 3: You have to prove it to me.
Speaker 2: The Raiders trade with Davante Adams to the Jets, and Shudor Sanders and Travis Hunter Colorado and what that is wild? That's not one of those where you go, oh, let me see, here's a hot take. It's here's something I've been thinking of for quite some time that would be wild and Davante to the Jets. So my Super Bowl pick tomorrow. Next hour, it's hot dogs and hot takes. We'll go around the room. We'll bring back some of our hot takes from last year, including Seaton saying that Lamar Jackson would be the MVP. I don't know if that's like crazy hot takes since he'd already won an MVP, but it did work out. And I don't know if you can be a unanimous pick as MVP and be surprised that you're going to be an MVP again. But I didn't hear anybody else make that prediction last year except for Seaton, so he gets to take the victory.
Speaker 3: Lamp. I think I hit.
Speaker 2: I hit three out of four.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if we're keeping score. Supposed to be just fun, yeah, not for me, just fun.
Speaker 7: Not for me.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to provide entertainment. You're trying to win something.
Speaker 2: Correct, I'm trying to win the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to win the audience with content.
Speaker 2: At Desmond Ruder getting venched, called it.
Speaker 6: Esman murder helped you out so much.
Speaker 3: He's out of the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeh, benched and out of the league. Lions Texans winning ten games, No big deal.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Called it now that one that's impressive. Called it that's that's impressive. I had the Broncos winning the AFC West. That's impressive. Yeah, nobody else had that one, including the Broncos. Todd didn't even Todd had them.
Speaker 3: What nine? I love the one and a road playoff loss.
Speaker 9: I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that? All right, Andy and Florida, Andy, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 9: DP five eleven one seventy five?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 9: Anyway, So I got a way for you to do hot dogs and hot cakes on the same day, because so it sounds like a bad combination. But on the first night of Konica, my mom always made us hot dogs and potato pancakes. Okay, does that count as hot dogs and hot takes?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, I guess, but that's not part of the game that we're playing. But thank you Andy.
Speaker 5: Little Apple saw some sala cream on the side with the potato pancakes.
Speaker 2: Nicetas Yeah, yeah, okay said you're like one percent years here you go. When I did my twenty three and me, I was from an area and that I guess would be a Jewish area.
Speaker 3: It's a little blip on the swab on the stand, so they gave me a one percent.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: There was also like one percent or two percent West Africa. I don't know how to explain that. But then the other ones where you're just kind of looking through everything and you're like, oh, you're like a four percent Dutch or something like crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Paul, we did h I know a few people did twenty three and me and that my in laws actually, who are all Polish and really embraced the Polish heritage and lifestyle. One of the brothers did at twenty three and me and found out they were nine percent Polish and like eighty percent Lithuanian. That was a total curveball in their lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Well, you have that credit card commercial whether their father and son are going to a country and they find out that they're not from that country.
Speaker 3: I think overseas something like.
Speaker 6: Switch mid stride. If you lived your whole life embracing a certain culture and then you found out, hey, guess what we're actually from blank.
Speaker 3: I think that I would probably just stay.
Speaker 2: You know what, I what I've been telling everybody, as opposed to, hey I got a secret here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that you know.
Speaker 2: The flip side of that was my twenty three A meter where they basically confirmed I was like ninety eight point nine percent Irish. They're like, that's it. That's pretty much all you got. There wasn't anything else even remotely interesting other than you're just pretty much straight up Irish. That's not as far back as you go. It'd be great if it came back you're one hundred and four percent Irish. Think you can not be anymore from this area of the world. That's where you come from.
Speaker 3: Bryant in Virginia, Hi Bryant, what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: KDP. Nice to be back on. Just a quick question talking about Mahomes. Obviously, he's been pretty dominant out.
Speaker 7: Of the gate.
Speaker 9: If he won this year, do you feel like he would be in that.
Speaker 10: Tiger Wood's dominance stays basically where maybe he's not the greatest of all times, but has the most dominant run.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Now you can look at the window where the Steelers won with Terry Bradshaw, the Niners won with Joe Montana, where you're winning four super bowls. Mahomes doing this before he's what twenty eight, that would probably be the greatest run that we've seen in modern football history for a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Mahomes in four super bowls in quarters one through three.
Speaker 2: Is okay, two touchdowns, three interceptions, seventy four point two passer rating, but four order and overtime complete almost sixty seven percent of his passes five touchdowns, two interceptions, passer rating is a little over one hundred. He's a closer and I think sometimes you think, boy, he had an unbelievable super Bowl, but he has it. He's had unbelievable or really clutch fourth quarters in overtime performances, and that's why he's won three Super Bowls. All right, Seaton, We're going to answer the pole question next hour because we have to ask the question and then answer it ourselves. Of quarter which coaches get fired during the season?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 3: Okay, yes? Is that how we're phrasing this?
Speaker 2: Well, right now we have a number of coaches fired before the end of the season. But we'll start naming names, oh my goodness, and then it's time to play hot dogs and hot takes that'll be coming up.