Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe.
Speaker 2: Getty, Armstrong and Getty and Hee Armstrong and Getty Strong and Armstrong and Getty. Except we're not actually here, We're home.
Speaker 3: Oh, I hope you enjoy this carefully curated Armstrong and Getty replay.
Speaker 4: So I just kind of staying from the Mayor's office about five minutes ago, saying that this is tragic and unacceptable, and then they're gonna be out there tomorrow offering resources and help and trying to clean up this area the best they can.
Speaker 3: What are we talking about? The Mayor of Los Angeles? What's tragic and unacceptable? Ssj's my friend, ssj's Subterranean Sewer Junkies the shocking report for Matthew Seedorf of Fox eleven LA. They do a great job talking about well subterranean stor junkies. Matthew will start with thirty and work our way, Michael talk to us.
Speaker 5: Matthew an up close, exclusive look underground at living conditions too extreme for words. It's hard to imagine someone in the trash, human waste going in an overpowering stench.
Speaker 6: I gotta get back.
Speaker 5: Just moments earlier, we watched someone climb out of that storm drain using the sewer as shelter water. Her answer is hard to understand. But the area eighty eighth and South Grand overwhelmed with r v's tents and trash.
Speaker 6: Wow, how far down the road of of being a junkie do you have to be before you make those decisions? Of course they're gonna they portray this all as homelessness. And you know, in the lack of affordable housing.
Speaker 3: You can't well, I don't think Matthew and Fox eleven do frequently it is, but.
Speaker 6: The world will, the world at large will because you don't just like you can't afford some place to live and decide, I'll go live in the sewer.
Speaker 7: I'll go live in wet filth in the sore. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Years ago, I read a book I wish it might have been entitled The Mole People. It was a journalist, a writer who went down into the legendary much discussed bowels of the subway system of New York City, including closed stations that no longer use tubes and the rest of it, and found like small cities of people living down there somewhere down under lock sums were bummed junkies.
Speaker 7: Some are mentally ill, but just crazy crazy. If I can, if I.
Speaker 3: Can find that title, I'll tweet it or something or posted Armstrong and Giddy dot com. Fascinating book out of date, The fascinating Matthew Seedorf continues.
Speaker 5: One Noah with nonprofit Clean La with me was picking up garbage here Monday. We got a lady living down there. When you saw not one but two people emerge from the storm drain, I can't explain that you know a person living like a rat worse than the rot. Come on, Hello, And just two weeks ago it happened again another street in South LA. Another person living underground?
Speaker 7: Is a human is a human being? Why are we accepting this?
Speaker 8: Why all the officials they have to do something, They have to fix this problem.
Speaker 3: Ah, there we have it. All the officials, they have to do something. Why do we accept this? Oh boy, and that lovely human emotion has led to the waste of bill tens of billions of dollars in the state of cal Unicornia alone.
Speaker 6: Joe, we're all one medical bill away from living in the sewer. Incorrect, sir.
Speaker 3: The title of the book I refer to, Thank you very much, Katie the mole people life in the tunnels beneath New York City.
Speaker 6: So I'm not exactly. I don't know that much about big city sewers. So where are you exactly in relation to the cities pooh?
Speaker 3: Do you believe it is part of your world? Are you like neck deep in it?
Speaker 7: Or you live in uh property on the poop river? So what what is it?
Speaker 6: I mean? I don't, I don't.
Speaker 9: I've seen a couple of like YouTube documentaries of people that have gone down there, and it's like ankle up to your ankles walking around and slud.
Speaker 7: But just ankle deep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just your ankles. Is not a big deal, that's right, doctor Johnny. Ankle deep in the uh human waste? Yes, yes, holy crap, if you pardon expression, that is a certainly look.
Speaker 3: I will join that hispanic fellow and announcing that's that's a that's a rough way to live like a rat.
Speaker 7: Oh wow? And is it pitch dark down there? What are they using for light?
Speaker 2: Light?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean that they have certain little light fixtures that they hang. But if they dry places to sleep or they saw it, so yeah, in the particular video that I saw, a lot of them had hammocks.
Speaker 6: They would up in.
Speaker 7: There you go and comfortable.
Speaker 3: I'm not an expert in this by any means, but uh, there is an inner section of storm drains sometimes and sores that's changed from the olden days when they used to be the same thing. Like in London famously, if it rained, you know, everybody, everybody's poop rolled into the Thames and it was incredibly polluted. Oh god, oh yeah, I know it's horrific. But we don't we don't do that in the civilized world anymore.
Speaker 6: But I don't.
Speaker 7: I can't speak to LA's sores in particular.
Speaker 6: Is there more?
Speaker 3: Uh, it's just another person saying people don't deserve to live like I want.
Speaker 6: I want to hear it again.
Speaker 7: Well let's hear it. Sure, sure, Hey, it pieces me off. That's why I I what should I do?
Speaker 5: But it's the clean neighbor's angry say they've reported the problems but feel ignored.
Speaker 7: Like we need John Hell, we need that money. The public here need.
Speaker 5: Then a shocking snapshot of survival at its lowest point. This person doesn't deserve to live like this, not even the neighbors.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, Hispanic guy, I'd like to argue with you, it's possible that they do deserve to live like that. It's possible that if you looked at their life choices for the past decade or so, that you'd think that's about where you're gonna end up or dead yep.
Speaker 3: Yep, subterranean seword junkie, Yeah exactly. I like the first neighbor that gal who And this is so familiar, folks. I'll bet a lot of you are gonna nod your heads or shout at the radio. You've begged the authorities to do something about the junkie camps.
Speaker 7: You've begged them to clear them out.
Speaker 3: You're like, we didn't have junkies in the park ten years ago, fifteen years ago, the street corners in front of businesses. We used to have civilization here. What's happened? Yeah, well, we can't really do anything because the ordnance click and you get ignored. But then you know, Hispanic guy comes out and he's a boohooing over the junkies. And I'm not saying they don't have miserable lives and they don't deserve some Christian charity.
Speaker 7: Crappy, but crappy indeed.
Speaker 3: But how about that the law biting. Who's our advocate? I guess we are our advocate anyway. Oh, that reminds me. You remember that Prince George's County, Maryland. I'm pretty sure that's right, that condo complex where the bums and junkie camp right next to it would break in constantly.
Speaker 7: You're in a defecate in the halls.
Speaker 3: Then they stole all the wires so the lights went out, so the deep deep blue I think it's Saint George's County. I'll verify that.
Speaker 7: Where is that? I got too much open?
Speaker 3: But they're so liberal they would do nothing about it. But then they declared the condo uninhabitable and are kicking all the residents out. So the residents are now suing the county with the help of some good said Goldwater Institute ought to get involved in this because they had a huge win in Phoenix or a very very similar issue. But those poor sons of guns living in that condo complex, they're victimized over and over again by the bums and junkies and the progressive authorities. It's horrifying.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's Prince George's County Maryland at the Maryland or condos, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I'm not happy that poor gal is climbing out of the sores like a rat according to the onlooker. But I'm a lot more worried about those law abiding folks who are getting kicked out of their homes because these authorities will.
Speaker 6: Clear out the junkie camps. Well for all of our LA listeners. When you flush your toilet today, oh boy, think about.
Speaker 7: Fire hole duck or duck or jump or something I don't know, Oh, fire in them hole.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, we gotta go to break or something that is. It is gonna take me a minute to recover.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getdy show show podcasts and our hot links.
Speaker 10: The Armstrong and Getting Shot.
Speaker 7: So I was right in a way.
Speaker 3: I looked up the meaning the definition of the word nostalgia a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you looked it up online, which is not as good as back when we used to look it up in the paper dictionary.
Speaker 7: Okay, al right, So but I was right in that.
Speaker 3: I mean, for instance, because of the changing in media, the change in media over the last couple of decades. Radio has been gutted, okay, and there are a lot of changes to the industry. I'm not nostalgic for when it worked better. That's not nostalgia. That's things have gotten crappier, which I don't think you'd probably call nostalgia.
Speaker 6: Or so, if I lived in a nicer house ten years ago than I do now, that wouldn't be nostalgia. It was just a nicer house.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm not nostalgia about before I had arthritis.
Speaker 7: I mean there's a difference.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, then then tell me something that is clearly is clearly nostalgia.
Speaker 3: I think how much fun I used to have playing pond hockey with my friends all the winter long and girl friends I fell for. But that was fun riding my bike to the pool. But it was fun playing the pond hockey. So why is it nostalgia as opposed to that actually was fun and I wish I could do that again. Well, it's a sentimental longing for the past because it was fun and nice and good.
Speaker 7: It's not it's different than those other things.
Speaker 6: But I feel like the emotions very the emotions very similar. I feel like.
Speaker 7: Same quadron of your brain. I'll give you that I.
Speaker 6: Had a cool sports car once that I can't have now because I got kids.
Speaker 7: I like driving that car. Is that nostalgia?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't think so, not per se. Anyway, this is all a long, wishy washy lead into an absolutely charming story about one of the last vestiges of local culture in America. I despise the absolutely uniform big box hell that's spread across the country.
Speaker 6: Anyway, got a TJ Max, you got a Best Buy, you got a Home Depot, you got the same restaurants, the same store as they all have the same design.
Speaker 7: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Everybody's you know, listening to the well actually different music depending on your neighborhood. But so anyway, this is about Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and parking chairs. Not only is it tradition, it's the law in Pittsburgh snows there a lot. If you dig out a parking space, like in front of your house on the street, you put a chair there until you can get your car or your your wife gets home or whatever, and she parks her car there.
Speaker 7: Because you cleared it.
Speaker 3: It's your space, and it's not again, it's not just a tradition, it's the law. And if somebody moves your chair, you're probably gonna get cussed out, get your face punched, or you can even get a ticket. That's like a civil ticket violation thing. Frequently, the note on the windshield will call them a quote jag off, which is a delightful Midwestern term defined here by the Oxford English Dictionary as Western Pennsylvania slang for a stupid, irritating, or contemptible person that's with a G. That's a J as a matter of fact, jas and Joseph, but then G there, yes in the middle. Yes, it's not the k sounded two f's at the end. If you want to get super thorough on it, yeah, I just Pittsburgh's Mayor Corey O'Connor Biga said, there's a lot of chairs popping up on your street, so please back to chair law or whatever you want to call it in the neighborhoods, he told reporters last week.
Speaker 6: In other words, don't be a jag off. Don't be one of them. Right, let's see, Yeah, there are all sorts of charming stories. Oh it went viral. Uh.
Speaker 2: This gal.
Speaker 3: Chopped ice for nearly two hours for the family Dodge caravan. And then she sat down on her chair and had a glass of Pinot noir, and her daughter took a picture of it and put it up online and she became Yinser famous, which is a reference to a Pennsylvania culture.
Speaker 6: I think it's like a different world there. I don't understand any of these terms.
Speaker 7: Ah yeah, yeah, but how charming.
Speaker 6: And then you tried that.
Speaker 3: In a lot of parts of America you get shot either if you're one side of that the bargain or another.
Speaker 6: You want to talk jag offs, I mean, come on.
Speaker 7: Let's see. Uh blah blah blah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Cities accustomed to blizzards have customs for saving a spot. In Chicago, it's called dibbs. Boston sanctions the use of space savers after a declared snow emergency. Still not everyone as a fan, don't do it, said Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott Icily last week.
Speaker 6: That's some good writing.
Speaker 3: If I see your chair, it's coming with me and going into the trash.
Speaker 7: So wow.
Speaker 3: In violent, lawless Baltimore, there is no shared culture.
Speaker 7: There's no common agreement on More's and custom.
Speaker 6: Why would you be anti to putting the chair thing there? Well, how long do you get to save a spot? I guess it would be one of the things, because.
Speaker 3: Pretty soon all the spots as long as it takes. Yeah, I think that's an interesting contrast though. In Yeah, in Pittsburgh they're saying, hey, this is our customer tradition and you need to respect it. In Baltimore there's saying, fu, I'm taking your spot in your chair. You want to come at me, Come at me, bees blue, Blue Blue, I got my gag.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, we'll even Baltimore. You got a jag off in your site and you ain't gonna let them get away. Oh boy, you don't want that.
Speaker 3: The parking chair, like the perogi, has become a kitchy emblem of Pittsburgh, as comforting as strawberry jello, pretzel salad. Boy, that's a Midwestern throwback right there. T shirts proclaim respect the parking chair. Tiny chairs dangle on Christmas trees. Besides fake Heinz pickles, heines like it's a.
Speaker 7: Native to Pittsburgh. Well, Steelers logos, et cetera.
Speaker 6: That's the culture of Pittsburgh. We'll do another town next Wednesday when we do Omaha, Nebraska. And there are no other cities that have a culture anymore. Their culture is the big box. It is going away a lot. One thing I liked when I was in Louisiana, New Orleans. There's quite a bit of culture there. I was. I was amazed that they've been able to hold on to as much culture as they have there because everything is becoming so homogenized and it sucks.
Speaker 7: The Armstrong and Getty Show, Armstrong, Jack.
Speaker 5: And Jar here to tell you your day will be just fine. Just download the cost you Armstrong and Getty on the Man.
Speaker 11: That's the podcast.
Speaker 6: Subscribe right now arm Strong and.
Speaker 10: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 12: The attack was on a fleet of ambulances. They belonged to hut Soolo, which is a volunteer led ambulance service. It's actually run by this Jewish community. Now. Security footage caught three people in hoods pouring accelerants on the vehicles before igniting them and flee it. Oxygen cylinders inside exploded. No one was hurt. A largely unknown is Limis group Harracotta Saabell you mean, claimed the responsibility on social media, but police have not yet confirmed the authenticity of their claim.
Speaker 6: That same group.
Speaker 12: Claimed responsibility for three other attacks in Europe in March alone. The Jewish community in London is relatively small, about one hundred and fifty thousand people. In the last year, there have been over a thousand anti Semitic hate crimes reported to police.
Speaker 6: Wow, islamis blew up a bunch of ambulances in London. That is what globalizing the Intafada means. Mayor Mum Dannie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no kidding, he knows that free press with a great piece the terrorizing of British Jews. Britain keeps saying anti Semitism has no place here. Britain keeps being wrong.
Speaker 6: Did you see that video? I think I posted it through the group. It's got too much nasty language in it. I think for us to run on the radio anyway, it's this woman says, says, let's play a game. I'm going to read a quote or show you a tweet and you tell me whether it's Nick Fuentes or Mayor Mum Donni's wife. Wow, And they're all missus Mumdanni. But they sound like the sort of thing that you'd expect out of you know, Hitler want to be Nick Fuentes, who gets you know, beating up in the media all the time because he's had dinner with Trump or whatever. But Mamdanni's wife said all these horrifying quotes about Jews and all that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know this, This will just take a minute.
Speaker 7: I got this ready to talk about something slightly.
Speaker 3: Well, it's on the same topic, more or less agree or disagree. This is the late Christopher Hitchens, who did a worldwide tour where he would who is the scholar who he often debated about the existence of God or religion?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Boy, there was quite a few of them. Yeah, yeah, there are a couple of heavyweights. You're more acquainted with this than I am. But anyway, and the more I think about it, it was incredibly brave what he did. Whether you agree with him or disagree with him, I think, ironically, this is Hitchins in London at one of those debates.
Speaker 7: Thirteen Michael as a Silphie Muslim.
Speaker 6: I'm very ruffled by the title of your book.
Speaker 9: Did you have to settle it for the literal negation of allah work? There?
Speaker 6: Yes? I thought, I thank it. At the moment, it's very clear to me the.
Speaker 11: Most toxic form that religion takes is the Islamic form, the horrible idea of wanting to end up with Sharryan the state of religious law and the best needs of getting there is jihad, holy war. That Muslims have a special right to feel aggrieved enough to demand this, I think it's an absolute obscene wickedness, and I think their religion is nonsense. God speaks to some illiterate merchant warlord in Arabia, and it contains the answers to au him, don't don't waste my time. But the same about it also that that God speaks the changel Gabriel speaks on the Arabic All religions claim to be revealed truth and Islam, but dangerously says ours is the last and final one. There can't be any more after this. This is God's last word. Now, that's straight away temptation to violence and in tolerance.
Speaker 6: And if you.
Speaker 11: Note it's a temptation, they seem quite running to full force every a lot. That reminds people they were a very serious struggle with very to pray religion.
Speaker 6: I wish he didn't smoke. Chris Ritchens could have used his voice now, Yeah, yep. So the Iranians are his lobists, you see, part of the deal. And we're dealing with that right now, or Trump's time to deal with that. Bachraine just put out a UN backed anction for getting the straight of Horn Moves open. Bach Rain came up with a draft for the UN Security Council resolution that would authorize countries to use all necessary means, which means of course, force to protect commercial shipping in and around the straight of Horn Moves. That's according to a text seen by Reuters Today. Diplomat said the draft text was backed by other Gulf Arab states and the United States, although they said it was unlikely to get through the Security Council. Why because permanent members of the Security Council include Russia and China who have veto power.
Speaker 7: You mean, they don't just do the right thing in the Security Council.
Speaker 6: But at least, but at least it will force Rush in China to vote against it, and I don't know, to my mind, at least point out to more people how stupid the UNN UN Well, yeah, exactly, it's I mean, I guess I sort of kind of get how that might be useful in diplomatic circles, but it reminds me of the time for your birthday, years and years and years ago. I got the American Pork Council to name their Men of the Year or something like that.
Speaker 7: There's a sign, there's a certificate, and it really was years ago.
Speaker 3: I think that had about as much weight as that the UN declaration would have, which they're not even going to get.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I think it's a pretty big deal that all the Gulf Arab states joining with the United States, Yes, against Iran. That is that has never happened before. Yeah, standing up and raising their hands. You're absolutely right. So we'll see how that turns out. I was just looking at the political reporting on the you know, who's the administration negotiating negotiating with that whole question, and they're talking about one particular person. I don't remember what the name was. It doesn't really make any difference. He's a hot option, one administration officials said, cautioning that no decisions have been made. He's one of the highest but we've got to test him because we can't rush into it to see if he actually speaks for the regime, which I think is interesting. So you negotiate with somebody and then kind of wait and see does he actually have any oof behind him?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, any any skilled negotiator knows you've got to make sure you're talking to the decision maker or somebody who at least has tied the decision maker. Otherwise you're wasting your time. And man, that's a real conundrum, right.
Speaker 6: And another quote from an administration official that Politico had, it's all about installing someone like Rodriguez Rodriguez down in Venezuela, that we can say, Okay, we're gonna keep you here, We're gonna not take you out. You're gonna work with this, You're gonna give us a good deal, and we'll go forward from there. So putting somebody you know in charge that says, yeah, not gonna get a new clear up and I'm gonna attack your basis, not gonna attack Israel. I don't know if that'll work, though. What's her name? Downe in Venezuela isn't surrounded by people that you know for religious regions reasons, Like Christopher Hitchins was just explaining, feel like she needs to die, right, Yeah, And There are some pretty dangerous armed militias and drug cartel type organizations in Venezuela, but it's nothing like Iran that has this multi polar power structure, and it's very mysterious and knowing he knows quite who's in charge, because you know, you you might negotiate with.
Speaker 3: Some like the top civilian guy who's alive right now and he's got the army with him, but he doesn't have the IRGC and they're like, no, we're not going along with that. So what's the US to do? What are the Gulf States to do in that situation? Keep bombing our little hearts out? Is that what the President said?
Speaker 6: Right? And then meanwhile we've got all of those marines and airborne rangers and everybody either in the area of the Middle East or headed there, and Trump very likely to pull the trigger on some sort of ground invasion of the straight of horror moves the tack.
Speaker 3: Of a thing, man, when that goes down. Came across this on the Twitter machine. Why on all my tabs do some of them have the little bluebird and some of them have the X.
Speaker 6: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, let's see the deadline for that Trump set for a random open the Straight of Horn moves.
Speaker 7: The five days is Friday.
Speaker 3: The twenty two hundred marines plus all of their heavyweight gear of the thirty first Marine Expeditionary Unit arrive in Sentcom on Friday. The USS Tripoli and the USS New Orleans also dock the same day. None of this is subtle. A deadline without consequence is just a request. A deadline with twenty two hundred marines on amphibious assault ships arriving the same morning is a different kind of communication entirely, And from.
Speaker 6: What I understand, listen to one military expert, they are they are ready to go at a moment's notice. I mean that's what they are, so they will be there and Trump could say okay now and it is literally now. They can do it now. That's what they train for. Give us an hour, yeah if that.
Speaker 3: But back to this, and y'all always have to come back to this standard. Negotiating. Even threats land differently when you're dealing with religious fanatics, particularly of a certain bent of Shia Islam, that are are something like death cultists. I mean they they when when the twelfth money comes, is it? And I'm no theologian. But the culmination of God's will will be armageddon. That's that's good if that comes. How do you negotiate with somebody like that, Hey, we'll kill you, that's fine, go ahead.
Speaker 6: On the other hand, Trump threats land differently when they're from Trump, because you can imagine him doing practically anything.
Speaker 3: Yes, sure, nuclear war, barely, barely.
Speaker 6: And I mean even if he did that, I wouldn't be completely surprised.
Speaker 7: Oh boy, sickening thought. But yeah, I hear you. I wish we could do.
Speaker 3: You know, we had an emailer suggest a number of days ago, why aren't we dropping palettes of weapons, small arms in the areas that are most anti regime. Fifteen thousand guys with rifles who've had enough because their their husband got their wife got killed, or their brother got killed, or their dad got killed, or their little brother or whatever, and they're ready to go out in a blaze of glory. I'm sure they have that arm question. Yeah, you'd probably have to arm five million of them, honestly, But yeah, I'm sure there's an answer to that question. I don't know what it is, though.
Speaker 10: Armstrong arm Strong, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 8: Duncan has begun offering ice coffee and forty eight ounce buckets that have a handle, lid and straw, which is handy because after forty eight ounces of coffee, you're gonna need a bucket.
Speaker 6: That's one of the reasons I switched to espresso shots mostly for my coffee. I just pee less, but I get my caffeine.
Speaker 7: Wow. Thanks keep us up to date. That's great.
Speaker 3: I just don't like the pan though, as he was just hanging with old people featuring Jack Armstrong.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's just old people. I don't think that Seth Meyers joke was aimed at the just the old forty eight ounces of coffee, and coffee is a diarretic.
Speaker 7: You're gonna be a lot like a racehorse.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right, quick follow strong whole coffee.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yes, Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, during the last segment talking about the horrific child rapist who is going to be released perhaps in California because of the progressive laws, a good friend of the Armstrong and Getty Show, judge Larry texted, when a judge imposes a sentence like that three life sentences, it is the judge saying, based on everything I know about the crimes and the defendant, the defendant of a defendant should never be released back on the street, and that should carry much more weight than politically appointed parole board members amen to that.
Speaker 6: I need my alert sound effect that we use, Michael whatever or whatever that is that we play whenever. Yeah, there you go. Mercury is in retrograde, people, Mercury is in.
Speaker 7: Retrograde what we feared the most. I don't know much of the past.
Speaker 6: I don't know much about this, but I hear people mention it now and then. And if you're into the whole astrological science thing, mercury is in retrograde starting today through March twentieth, and if you're a Pisces, it is going to be a doozy this year according to astrologize. Oh do you understand what that means? Not the slightest me. I've heard it a million times. Well I probably have too, and I could easily chat GPT if I wanted to, but I don't care enough to even learn about it. But it's pretty interesting to me that astrological signs still have any aft whatsoever. But they do apparently I've talked about that online dating profiles and stuff that everybody puts their their sign in there.
Speaker 7: Why. Look, I don't want to offend anything.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 3: I have three hundred and eighty hods. This is not one of them. Yeah, it's all ridiculous. Your head is soft. Oh you should wear a helmet everywhere you go. Oh no, see that's unnecessarily. Oh no, no, good god. I think I'm a different sign than I used to be because they changed what dates are covered, and I don't care. I'm still me. Shouldn't I have changed character completely when that was done. Shouldn't I have become a different person with a different fate when they rejiggered the calendar?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Of course not, because it's ridiculous.
Speaker 6: Having said what I said, I did spend a good deal of my life back when newspapers were a thing like an actual paper. I always read the comics and it had the horoscopes at the bottom, and I always read it. I don't know why, but I always read what's it say about Pisces today? And Aldarina? I You're gonna have a fantastic name. Bloh blah blah.
Speaker 3: I read the Fortunes and Chinese cookies, fortune cookies, but I don't take them seriously.
Speaker 9: Yes, whenever someone starts talking about this seriously, I always go, oh, no, mercuries and gatorade again, what.
Speaker 7: Some excellent deflation. That's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: By the way, h something fortune cookie fortunes are terrible these days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've gotten worse. My kids always complete with fortune anything. They're not a fortune. I don't know what happened, but they're not like humor.
Speaker 3: They're not the ones Judy and I got were something like family is where you find love.
Speaker 7: Thanks for that? What the hell? Pretty soon they'll be ads.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to enjoy a meal, a succulent Chinese meal. I don't need you philosophying, a philosophizing anily right, I'm gonna meet a tall, dark stranger. I need to, you know, that sort of thing. That's what we're looking for. Give me something to laugh at. For God's sake, whose idea is this? I'm gonna start a fortune cookie company. A lot of money is coming your way. Did you ever go in San Francisco? I don't know if it's still there. Maybe you know, Okadie, the place that makes the fortune cookies. There in Chinatown. It's like down this little alley and everything like that, and it's been doing it for one hundred and twenty years or something.
Speaker 7: It's really cool.
Speaker 6: They were like the fortune cookie maker in America for a long long time. I don't know if that's still the case since the fortunes have gotten so bad over the years.
Speaker 7: And my cookies too, the cookie had none of that good what is that vanilla or whatever? It was terrible.
Speaker 6: It's kind of interesting the way they made the cookies and full them up like that, and they get they get the note in there. Because that's not as easy as it sounds.
Speaker 7: Yea, I spent a lot of time going down Alley's and the town. It's a little opium, little hooker, a little whatever. I don't know. I'm not judging.
Speaker 6: Just asking you to take a wet cookie and then be able to bend it and have it dry while the fortune inside it still does not get ruined on a piece of paper is not as simple as it sounds. If you were going to start out, you know, trying to craft that today? Is that what the hooker told you in the alley in Chinatown? Can we walked through Chinatown? Not that long ago Grant Street in San Francisco, if you've never been, And my kids and I and I don't know if they'd ever not since they were little. Anyway, the smells, my god, the smells. He gets some duck hung by its neck in the window and it's kind of swinging around, doesn't look too happy. Well, it should have thought of that before it committed its cries. And then a big bucket of chicken feed or duck feed or whatever, big buckets a raw chicken feed.
Speaker 7: It's a wet market.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess that's it's. That's what it is, essentially, big buckets of feet and beaks and all kinds of stuff like that. And the smells, my god, the smells. And then they're always hosing off the sidewalk to get the ooze that runs off the chicken feet. I guess, oh Lord. And then you got all those stores full of stuff. I can't imagine who buys that?
Speaker 7: Ever?
Speaker 6: How do you sell any of those things?
Speaker 7: Ever?
Speaker 3: I've wanted a gigantic jade elephant since I was a little kid. I walk by those stores, all I feel is lust.
Speaker 6: Jack. I always see the thing I say with my kids always when we're buy stores like that, Like, you know, there's an eight foot golden booter or something like that. I say dragon.
Speaker 7: Maybe a lot of dragons.
Speaker 6: And huge, I always say all around. Dang, I was looking for a big one.
Speaker 7: Do you have any bigger jade dragons?
Speaker 6: I need one that weighs three thousand pounds, not two thousand pounds to take home to my house.
Speaker 7: I like this one, but it's a dad undersized.
Speaker 6: It doesn't make enough of a statement. There's like these giant gold lions as tall as me and uh and I texted a friend, I said, what do you think chicks would think if I had one on each side of my bed, one of these giant lions size of an actual lion. That's a statement, You don't, you're a fool? How a person would react if you first time you were ever in someone's bedroom?
Speaker 3: In there, lucky enough to entice a new friend into your boudoir?
Speaker 7: They turned the corner.
Speaker 6: They back toward the door.
Speaker 9: Would you also have your giant your giant gong in this random as well?
Speaker 6: Right? You have that at the foot of the bed. Because when I've.
Speaker 7: Done once again?
Speaker 6: Should success beautiful?
Speaker 7: Every woman appreciates that It's the arm Strong and Getty Show.
Speaker 6: Armstrong and
Speaker 10: Barmstraw and Getty,