Speaker 1: Thank you for you're coming back. Part two is underway. Have you ever got caught cheating? I did.
Speaker 2: I got caught cheating. I was living with this girl and came home, turned the light and the other girl I was dating within that within the house with her.
Speaker 1: I was like, I got the wrong apart.
Speaker 2: And they both was like this, yeah, yeah, motherfucker. And what you're gonna do now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I sat there comments I was camping there, I was. I was cool as the funds. I sat there with looking at both of them, and they did all day, what you gotta say? Nine? What you gotta say?
Speaker 1: Nine?
Speaker 2: I was cool as ice. I just said, who's gonna stay with me? Which one of y'all gonna stay with me? That's why I'm explained to wow. And one of them was like, see, I knew you didn't came, motherfucking and left, and the other one sat there and was crying. I say, you leaving too, And she just sat there and she was like, and that's why I explained it to and me and her he kept it going cold. If I haven't get I'm only explaining one time, explaining one time to one person.
Speaker 1: You are you are you? And you who am I talking to Wow?
Speaker 2: I talked to her me and her. We was cool. I told exactly what happened on Surreal Ship. So what about marriage? Would I get married? Yeah? I would like to get married. I would like to get married. But like again, it's gotta be like it's gotta be with that motherfucker, that friend man. No stress, no, none of that. Even if you feel stressed, you gotta you gotta believe in yourself that this ain't ship, This ain't bigger than us. You can't keep making situations bigger than us. Like you have to understand situation at hand and know that if we are going to grow together, we're gonna constantly have issues because the level that we are on now, we got illicual issues on that level, right, you know what I mean? Now we go here, it's new issues with this shit. It might be I gotta be out of you might have to be out of town more. I gotta be out of time more. Now that asthma, trust you know what I mean. Now we get to this level. We got a new house, we got new that. Now we got new neighbors and shit, now we got to do this and do that. And the house we got different issues with the house, like we got different issues with the house. Like it's level, but for every level, it's a new devil, you know what I mean, And so therefore you have to deal with that. But you cannot let that be greater than where you're trying to go in your situation. And you have to learn from that from each level. A lot of people they go to another level and then they argue and they never think that, no, we got another issue. We got differ on this different level. If we're now making money and we successful, that's gonna come with extra holes, extra niggas and shit like that. And so therefore you gotta be able to handle that, you know what I mean, And you gotta be able to deal with that. And then it's gonna come to another level where you won't even spend time together, you know what I mean, And you got to be able to be cool with that. So you gotta be able to hit You got to be able to know that we are bigger than any issue on this level. Until I find that woman, then we're good. But we definitely have to grow together and have some issues in order to grow.
Speaker 1: I heard you talk, and I hear the pain, the love and your voice for your mom? Are you looking for that and to make you say that was your right hand? You say there was a place that you could always go and you could lay and it was perfect. And you haven't found that in that one person. Are you looking for that and to mate?
Speaker 2: So I searched for that love and it doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: You know that's unconditional, But so your partner's gonna love you under conditions. You don't cheat, you don't hurt me, you don't lie to me, you don't do anything. Your mom is gonna look, you could do the most heinous. She's gonna say, yeah, that boy wrong and he deserved it. Whatever happens, but that's my baby. Yes, that's unconditional. I'm not so sure outside of the family dynamic you can get that.
Speaker 2: You can't. And you search for it when you miss it. When you miss it, that's when you miss it. You don't even realize what unconditioned. No one who still has their parents even know what unconditional love is. Right now, I don't think they know. They just know that they love their parents. You know, unconditional love when you no longer, when you no longer have that shit, you'd be like, Oh, that's what that was, and you search for it and you can't find it. I've lost women trying to find that, you know what I mean. I lost people in my life trying to find that, you know. But I also lost people in my lives in my life from not allowing me to be different, you know what I mean. I'm no longer the same and I never would be the same. So any anything that you expect from me of how I used to be, and I'm not doing that. I honestly think you selfishly around men for your own good because of how I make you feel, But you're not willing to convert your feelings towards me, you know what I mean, So me trying to find that in women, I no longer do that. And I admit that I think I have done that because I was looking for that feeling I couldn't find it, and I accepted the fact that that is gone and it's never coming back. And so now I feel kind of like the love that's there can't compete with that. So I'm not as gung hole when I have to. I have to train my mind to go that this is a different love that you have to invest in and you have to build it and grow it and build it to something. It would never be this, And you have to stop comparing and people who lose people, You have to stop comparing loves because you'll be miserable your whole day. You have to go, this was that and that's over. Now you have to build another kind of love and another kind of trust with this person. Then can stop comparing and searching for this because you would never you would never have this ever again, you know what I mean. And so that's that's why I am with it right now where I'm like not trying to put that upon people and deal with it myself and uh and just and just keep it moving. You know.
Speaker 1: Are you willing to change for a woman?
Speaker 2: Yes, I am. I'm willing to change definitely.
Speaker 1: And I and.
Speaker 2: I and I have changed, you know, I've changed totally.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Uh, in my older years, I'm no longer thinking the way that I used to think. You know, I used to think about career and jokes and stuff like that, and now my mind is different, you know, I'm older. I'm thinking about legacy, you know what I'm thinking about, you know, kid like setting up you know, like, yeah, my son, making sure my son is straight.
Speaker 1: You know you want more kids? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe I'm not sure. You know what I'm saying. I met personally, I don't feel like I really want to right now. I feel like I'm too old to have a kid. And you know what I mean. I just feel like, you know, I wish I would have had more around the same time I had my son. But again that's over.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. But but you see how quick you said you're willing to change. Yeah, majority of the women are willing to change. He better accept me how I am. You see how quick demand was willing you said, I'll be willing to change. Men are always asked to change. Women accept me as I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's real and and that's that's a word. And look, that's where a lot of disconnect is, you know what I mean, because they're not willing to change and play they play their position in a sense. They may not because they go, hey, take me as I am or not, because that's how everybody else does. They take them how they are. When it's like, no, you have to you have to make this thing work for you. You got to look at how the good in this person and see what they can bring, what value they can bring, and then work from that. If you really think this person can elevate you love wise, money wise, spiritually, then invest in this person, you know what I mean. Don't don't come with just your ways and your ways only and think that this is supposed to happen, because yes, it's gonna be some people that will adjust to yours, but then they'll be miserable. And can you live with that person being miserable in your life? Like, like you you don't even want that, you know what I mean? Like I don't want to know. If I'm not bringing you joy, we shouldn't even be around each other at all. I went out with a with a woman who wanted a kid, and I told her. I was like, man, it was the hardest thing in the world. Where I was like, you just gotta I want you to go high your kid. You'll find love again, but you gotta go. You gotta go high your kid, you know. And it was the hardest thing in the world. But I'm the type of guy where I'm like, I want you to have joy and I want you to live.
Speaker 1: You be mad at me because I denied you the ability to be.
Speaker 2: Exactly and I don't want to live with that, and I don't want to live with you looking at me all day long going you know what I mean? And so I want you to do whatever it is you need to do in order for you to be happy. I'm big on if it makes you happy, it don't got to make sense whatever it is. If it makes you happy, it don't have to make sense whatever your situation is. If you got a husband, or you got a wife, and y'all got some people on the side, and y'all taking care of y'all told you, man, that's your business, and you do that as long as it makes you happy. It don't have to make sense only for you, only to you. Right.
Speaker 1: Where are you on interracial dating?
Speaker 2: I think nowadays, man, there's so much shit to like worry about in the world. Why would you care about who dating who you know? But me personally? Like what I date outside my race, I don't think so, No, not at all, Like not like being a full blown relationship like that. I'm not saying that I wouldn't. I don't know what to happen, you know what I'm saying. Anytime I say I won't do something.
Speaker 1: It happens I lead this interview.
Speaker 2: I've walked down the street with the white woman right out of this interview. Look what you're doing. Like I said, I said, I will, and that's why I got her right now because I said so. It's like, you know, it's like again, if it makes you happy nowadays, go with it, Like I'm just all about people having enjoyed because there's so many haters out here. There's so many people that disrespect you. It's so much hate. There's so much hate online comments, all that shit. It's just hatred. And it's like, dude, whatever makes you happy, just go do that shit, Go do that ship, Go get happy and get out the way, because these motherfuckers are here to destroy you. They don't care what it is. They are gonna leed negative comments. I just don't. I don't get how they are right now in the world, you know what I mean. One day I looked at Dwayne Wade page. Dude, I could the hatred that's on that man's page.
Speaker 1: It's like, that's that man's really they want the man to disown this child, that's your child. How did that? What does that affect you?
Speaker 2: Bru it's the most weirdest shit in the world. And why do you think your opinion matters? I feel like this ain't no fortune. Five hundred motherfucker leaving no bad comment nobody because they ain't gonna fuck up their own shit. And it ain't got time to leave negative comments. It ain't something positive or something you want to leave out that then why would you leave that? So anybody leave a negative comment? No, you showing, you showing your economic situation. You should not be doing that shit.
Speaker 1: If you don't like what this man or this woman hath going on their life? Why are you following them?
Speaker 2: Why you It's so this how fucked up everybody is. They will follow a motherfucker they do not like, just to see what this motherfucker do every day. And fuck they hold they up, Yes, they hold baby fucked up. Were looking at what this person do. What all you gotta do is unfollow.
Speaker 1: I name the person, get it. Then name the person that don't like a particular food, but theyn go to that restaurant to eat. Name So you don't like this person, why are you following them?
Speaker 2: Why are you fining? And it's so bizarre, That's what I mean it's like the hatred and they want to keep up with what that person is doing, and they feel like they want to see what they do. It's so bizarre. People be on my page and they be like leaving the nastiest ship, and I'd be like, why do you what do you think? What do you want me to do about your comment? And I never met you a day in my life? Right, what do you want me to do about that shit? There's nothing I can do about it. I don't even know you. I told you, man, I'm telling you Like Martin Luther King and them, they couldn't have had pages. Hell no, they couldn't have page. They couldn't have pages. It's like it's like you you have a device where you can touch someone that you admire.
Speaker 1: You could talk to them. That didn't happen on Iday, No did it? You can talk to We never had that. We never had that kind of action, couldn't do.
Speaker 2: You can talk to James or Jones and you can do that. Now you have you have the ability to reach out to who inspires you, and you your time to be yes, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Why didn't you ask them some economics ship or.
Speaker 1: Howah the business or ask them about relationship advice or whatever it is, you know, and I think the best I just want to throw this out there.
Speaker 2: The best relationship care that you can have is watching a stand up special. I just want to throw that out there.
Speaker 1: Have you ever did that?
Speaker 2: And I ain't even just saying mine, but have you ever watched the sand stand up special with a woman? And?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And what the comic was talking about, y'all discuss because they'll talk about relationshipship right. Yeah, it's great. Any couple should watch the stand up special in there that helped that situation. I just want to throw that out there.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I heard you had a bad experience with a threesome in Atlanta. What made you experience? What made you want to try that?
Speaker 2: Well, one of the girls was in the NBA, the w NBA, and that was kind of odd. Okay, I talked about it in my special.
Speaker 1: I know you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was a real situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We Uh.
Speaker 2: This girl was like, yeah, yeah, I want to get down with you and I was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like I want to get down with you too.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, She's like, I'm gonna call my girl up. I was like, man, whoa.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, let's go to the room. We go to the room, and she walked in that mouter fact. She was like six five hooper hooper hooper, like knee bandy Jones. She came in there like what's happening? What we're doing?
Speaker 1: And I was like, see see that ain't me. I wouldn't. I didn't. Never thought I'm old school, dug. I like my women like basketball one on one, one on one. You never had no, no, no, why my attention span ain't too long? What I need to focus on this right? What I got right here? Okay, I'm right here.
Speaker 2: So really, never have you ever been approached? Yeah and you turned it down? Yeah, yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah me. I think the biggest thing is because I'm afraid because really, prior to becoming who I was who I am now, I mighta would have done it, but I had already started to become a known commodity. And the last things I say to nah, it ain't it ain't. Yeah, it ain't worth it. So I have to be I have to be careful of certain situations now. But I mean, I like, man, I'm trying to be because you hear people talk about it.
Speaker 2: So look if the woman that you deal with, if she came to you, it's like, man, I got a young lady that I want to join us this evening and you trust her, Yeah, you wouldn't do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what all do? No I would. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: No. I wouldn't say do it just with anybody, but I would say that do it with some people that you trust and that y'all you know, y'all know each other and you know it's good.
Speaker 1: But man, this is I got total vision. I have a singular focus. Yeah, I got the task in hand.
Speaker 2: I got it and and I'm all about that too, absolutely focused.
Speaker 1: Because somebody gonn get left out?
Speaker 2: Three threesome, Like would you be jealous if that's probably what it is? Wouldn't want to see them.
Speaker 1: Get downe they didn't do whatever? But I like, you don't answer me like that ain't not even that's never been my thing though it ain't never there ain't never been my bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I focused on one person definitely, But if the situation a right and it and and it work out, because I've turned down that ship a gazillion times. But the situations that has happened where I'm like, yeah, yeah, this is cool, you know, and it worked out and it was and it was beautiful, and I've had it where it wasn't beautiful. Yeah, it was like you know, it was like two girls they just left me out. What Yeah, that wall, I don't even take that. I'm waiting.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting on.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting to get tapped in, like.
Speaker 1: Hold man, now, come on that.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to every every ain't like get I'm trying you get to double that, you get ready. I was like, all right, let me go get on my phone.
Speaker 1: Fucking what I think you're in your special laws where women younger women called an older man mister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all. That's an eye opening, ain't it. Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I'm at the age that used to be older. I remember when I was I was a teenager who it was old.
Speaker 2: Old old, No, no, no, I mean that's an eye opener. That's why I name my special that. Okay, mister, it's like that simple phrase, That simple phrase sums up everything about you when you're getting older. When the woman goes okay or a young lady goes okay, mister or mister, you know what time it is or sir? And then that shiit you like, oh my god, I'm the chaperone in the party. You just be like Joah, I gotta get out of here. I gotta go.
Speaker 1: How has it been for you dealing with inevitable you're becoming older?
Speaker 2: It's uh, it's something else, you know, it's it's it's it's it's like the women are like, wow that like the older women they wow, now Jack, Oh, the ones that been married for thirty years, twenty years finally divorced. I ain't had nobody else but him. Oh they out here, they are here strong, they like, yeah, oh yeah, they out here, Like wow, what about I'm young one to see the young ones, the young ones not to you? Yeah, I can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: You know what's the cut off? What's the cutoff? I mean, you won't go below.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight?
Speaker 1: Too low? I think thirty two thirty five.
Speaker 2: They got to have an older spirit. If their spirit is older than then then I'm cool, you know what I mean, Like they're very mature and cool, then cool. But yeah, just yeah, yeah, that's that's that's what I kind of look for. Just how mature you and how do you hold your own or whatever. But you can't be having no future posters hanging up on your wall and ship like kind of Amigo's posters.
Speaker 1: So there is there an age that's too young for the Oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Like twenty three, twenty twenty five. Yeah, like that's that's young man.
Speaker 1: I thought you were supposed to go happen. I thought you're supposed to go half your age plus seventh?
Speaker 2: Who told you that?
Speaker 1: I thought that was your grandma said, really, I thought it was.
Speaker 2: So if you're gonna havelf your age plus seventh, I ain't never heard that in my life, half your age plus seven? Yes, sow twenty five, thirty to thirty two? I've never heard that. What's the plus seven for?
Speaker 1: That's your cutoff? So half your age? You fifty right? Right? Plus seven? Thirty two, so you'll cut off you'll be thirty two. So anything from thirty two moving forward you good? I mean thirty Why are you adding seven? If they about to be thirty one? If they're about to be thirty two or a couple of months, that'd be good too. But wait a minute, why do you why do you add to that was just the thing. Actually, I think Why wouldn't.
Speaker 2: You add five or nine? Why is it seven? I just old her saying, oh, that's some of the Southern sh you grew up, which is cool. I ain't at the South.
Speaker 1: But but why is why is it that people get upset the older men that date younger women. Have you dealt with that?
Speaker 2: Man, I've seen it happen a lot of times. I just know, I don't know me personally, I like, you know, it's got some type of connect it's got to be some type of almost connecting with struggle, you know what I mean. You're trying to get that out the park. I don't know that park. I'm like, I can't, I don't know. Like, yes, I would be lying if I didn't say that I dealt with I've had dealings with younger women before, but even then, I just was like, you know, just it just it was something that just you know, I don't know, you know, I don't know. It's kind of it's kind of odd. But like I said that, they act very very much. Yeah, yeah, it's all love or whatever, you know, but not now if they like selfie in and and like I can't, man, no, I'm out of there. If I see all that should happened, but you.
Speaker 1: Will get that self away. There was this viral video that you posted. I think you had on some bail bottom gen oh shit, and then all of a sudden you and you come out with the bill bottom jeans. Then it seems to be a thing now because everybody, even even dress slacks, have a little wider bottom. Every seems like everything goes back to the seventies because that was the thing in the seventies everybody had, why everybody had, and all of a sudden, dion Gate. Dude.
Speaker 2: It was the wildest shit ever. I was just on some James Brown shit. The whole outfit looked like James war that he did wear, and I was just like, man, I'm like this this is dope, you know. And I was like, I'm a rock this shit and wore that shit, man, And I don't know why that shit went out the gate. To this day, I still don't understand that shit. I lost jobs I had people could come into my shows. I'm what, man, because of my outfit. I had a woman tell me one time she was like, man, I wish I could come to your show. And my boyfriend was like, I'm You're not going to that gaya ass niggas show like and because you people stopped fucking with me, even people in the business, they stopped fucking with me over that. And I just could not believe that ship. I was like, wow, over outfit, but here go to he go to il shit. Henry Styles from from One Direction. He wore the same suit maybe a month later praised him. He was in GQ magazine with the same not a version the same because it was a Gucci suit different. I get that, but still in awe. He was praised and won awards for wearing that suit. And it's like, it's almost like your people, our people there they're ship on some ship and don't have nothing to replace it with, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They'd be like, get your ass out of here and fucking not not to replace it with instead of looking at it like, man, this brother's just doing his thing or yo he he he wear some ship from the past, because that's all it was.
Speaker 1: And they just everybody winning fire Ohio.
Speaker 2: Body wore that.
Speaker 1: Kelly pendergra Band, Marvin Gay you named.
Speaker 2: To this day, people bring that shit up. That's It's everything that I've done in my career. That was like the most monumental ship and it's only with black folks. Ain't a white person yet came to me and talk to me about my bold bottoms. But you know who hired me white folks when black folks wasn't even hot one fucking with me. I was doing all white white shows, TV shows and all that, still getting my money, quietly, quietly getting my money and getting it, you know what I mean. But black folks, man, I wasn't gonna know best, stress less, sexiest black man, most successful. How can you have?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I had hit at You know how hard it is to have a hit TV show. It's like lightning, No, no, the bottom you had like one, two three. I had like three hit shows, Grownish, Blackish, Andy, trop Becker. I had all these shows, hitch his shows and couldn't present, couldn't present on no award shows, wasn't a part of nothing. Nobody invite me to no parties. And still to this day, I don't go to that shit because don't nobody fuck with me like that, you know, And it's like it's weird. It's like the national commercial movies, all that shit, anything that any other more than a lot of what other motherfuckers got going on that's invited to these ships. And I'm saying that I need to go to this, but I'm just saying, like to have these conversations with these guys in and me. I think it all stemmed from from those fans. After those fans, it was, it was, it was down. It was down ever since then, all the way into all the way into now. And I just never understood that. I never understood why my own people would do that shit to me. What it is?
Speaker 1: Why why are we so willing to attach that to our celebrities, our prominent figures in our community.
Speaker 2: Well I think they. I think if I had to guess, I would think that they was like, Yo, we look up to you, and if you're being you're looking gay or promiscuous, then yo, then then then you let us down.
Speaker 1: If the joke is funny, can I not sing it? Mean?
Speaker 2: Man? My ticket sales shot down after that. I couldn't sell out a room because of those goddamn pants.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like I wasn't funny or nothing like that, but you know what, it was a group of people who was like, man, fuck go you funny, We respect you, we love you. And they rocked with me, and I just kept going at the pace that I went. All those that hated on me, that shit got old, and the new audience came and they was like, no, this motherfucker's dope. So all these motherfuckers that hated on me, they went to the wayside, and a whole nother audience is up there, you know what I mean, the whole new people, people that love me, and and I fucked with them, you know what I mean. And those that did that shit, that shit was hurtful. Man, that ship I mean, oh man, that shit fuck with me. More so it was my people. It was my people that was doing that. There wasn't no other races. It was my people that was like, yo, but it shouldn't bother you. I was like, why you saying it? So give me, give me, give give me the reason. So what do you hope to accomplish by that?
Speaker 1: It seemed like you wanted me to become successful because y'all rock with when when I was on Undisputed, you called me unk and everything. Then I got these shows outside of Undisputed, I'm on now all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, they saying that shit about you, And look, that's that's all they because they looking for something to hate on you about. They looking for something that they can bring you down one and all of that, and then who's to say that gay is bringing down as that negative?
Speaker 1: I look, it's the.
Speaker 2: Weirdest ship in the world. It's like, man, it's like it's I don't I don't know what it is, man, And I'm quite sure some righteous brother out there is gonna be watching this and let me explain, I ain't teacher, brother, and it's like, Nah, don't have nothing to do with it. You still have to be human. You still gotta treat people with respect, regardless of what they're into. All day long. Your opinion don't matter, and you should look at your opinion. You should look at all the opinions that you motherfuckers be leaving. Which one made you rich or healthier? None of them? So why you still leaving the motherfuckers? Because your spirit is fucked up and you constantly want to just fuck over people and make them feel just as miserable as you doing shit, and they.
Speaker 1: Do that shit.
Speaker 2: But now you look out, everybody wearing ball bottoms, everybody wearing them shits. They everywhere they wearing the motherfuckers and videos and everything, and ain't nobody talking shit about them, ain't nobody talking about but coming out the gate, you make these fashion choices and you either the hottest shit moving or you burn, you know, but you gotta take those risks. And so therefore I just I took a risk, and I'm gonna keep taking risk. I'm gonna keep doing what I do and rocking what I rock whatever, you know, and and I'm not gonna worry about them. I think, why where I fucked up was.
Speaker 1: I respond and they told you don't respond.
Speaker 2: Yep, and I respond that and I shouldn't respond to that ship, you know, But I ain't have no pr team at the time and no shit like that, and I don't now, but I do know, and I'm just like, you know, just let people think whatever you want to think. But yeah, that was that was.
Speaker 1: That was because people gonna think. But people gonna think. Look, they were just looking for a reason because because here's the thing, I don't know how many people they're like, well, because they've never seen I don't really post so and I don't go on ig live. And the back to the think I'm like, so, let me get this right. The first time I've ever been on IG live. That's what I'm gonna post. You've never seen me post anything I have, but I think there's one picture you might find on the internet with me, and that was from twelve thirteen years ago. But because I don't post, I'm I'm very private. Yeah, you don't need to you don't need to know what I'm doing. Me too, I'm the same way. I'm private as hell. Like I don't be putting. I don't be throwing shit out there like that. I put out there.
Speaker 2: Work ship, whatever, workout video, work a ship like that. But then that's about it, not none of none of my personal ship. But I just think that if there's something with black men or black women and gay that hasn't been resolved, then people don't want you to live and be you. It's like it's almost like they want everybody to be the same, right, And it's like, an't y'all ain't y'all bored with just the same ship? Like Lenny Kravis is refreshing to me, that motherfucker go out there and net shirt and some leather shorts and this guitar. That motherfucker be rocking, and every woman in that motherfucker waiting lined up together put dion.
Speaker 1: The way I look at it is that what somebody eats, what someone dresses, like, what someone are in their private life, how does that impact me? It doesn't.
Speaker 2: That's I mean my life. It doesn't. And if you consume with your life while you consume with others, yes, that lets me know your life ain't that interesting. It's not for you to leave a negative comment, for you to say something, for you to sit back and be like, I'm gay. I'm missed something that in the third you didne just missed out on breaking bread with me. You didnet missed out on we could have been breaking bread together. Instead, you rather go I'm gay rather than go, hey, man, fuck that. I got you over here. These motherfuckers talk shit about you. I got you the fucked out and I'm going man, good looking dog. I appreciate that. What city you in? Atlanta? When I come down there, brother, we're gonna hang out. We're gonna die da da and we're gonna break bread. And now we now we now we're not we now we breaking bread?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Instead of you leaving your negative ass comment you fucking your chances up. So it's been many times people in the left of Good comment my page and I've been like, oh, man or man, I can't afford to get you your show. I got you. I'll give you tickets, come on through or whatever. And they come through and we take pictures and hang out and you know what I mean, just being nice, But your negative shit, it don't get you nowhere. It gets you a bunch of people that's negative, like you saying, ah, good one, and then where does that go? What money are you getting from that comment?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Nothing, And it's it's it's it's a bizarre world that's going on with that.
Speaker 1: Because you write you wrote a letter of Willi Lynch's letter where you compare your experience to Willie Lynch's letter. Why did you feel you needed to write that letter.
Speaker 2: Because I just felt like I felt like, again, like I said, black people are notorious for building up their own and then tear them down, you know what I mean. Nobody's like reprimending you or going hey, we understand what happened or or or or that was a mistake or okay, cool, whatever, you know, like it's it's just it's there's no leadership with us, you know what I mean? It's no, it's no place if another race says something fucked up about us, there's nobody to answer to. Is it if you say something about like a Jewish community or something that they have a community that you have to go talk to, Yes, that you have to. Yeah, donate money, talk to, tell me you understand, learn their culture.
Speaker 1: It's guaranteed that it's gonna ever be back what it was.
Speaker 2: Let somebody say something about us, who they'd have got an answer to? No, nobody nothing. We split it ourselves because we split our goddamn self. So how much unity do I do you expect for me to have when you're saying all these things? Or what kind of unity do you think that we're gonna we're gonna have by you saying negative comments all the time. You know, we should be policing ourselves in a sense if somebody do something wrong, we should be able to grab our own and go yo yo yo yo. Yeah he said that, but we got them take them to the NAACP. The n douale A CP office to me, should be a place where we go and we correct things and do everything. It shouldn't be for just award show ship and all that. This should be your headquarters. That should be up in every goddamn city that we can go to and have a place for refuge or where we can go hang out and talk and have conversations about certain things. Correct our own, deal with our own, had talked to our own. If somebody do something and I shun away from them, you know what I mean. There's a lot of black folks who be in situations and everybody get away from them. Don't nobody be around, Don't nobody talk to him. Don't I even know nothing? And I'm sick of that. I think that we should be like, yeah, he fucked up, but we got him. We got him. Hey, rest of the word. He said sorry, he already said sorry, motherfuckers, we got him. Come on, man, I know what I mean to take them and take them back and talk to him, and we don't have that.
Speaker 1: You know that. What I learned over the last year and a half is that. And my sister told me this. He says, Shannon, do you actually think you could have risen to the heights you've risen with our people looking like you? She's like, yeah, they're gonna be a few that's gonna say things that's gonna be jealous, gonna be envious, that's gonna dislike you. But the majority of the people that look like they got you, He said, how you get that name on? White people? Didn't give you that name. Your community gave you that name, and it means something. And I had to learn. The people that rock with me, I rock with them, and I'm the same way and the people that don't rock with me. Because you know what my grandfather said did, I'm gonna tell you something. He said, the devil will never show up as the devil because if he did, you wouldn't do to deal with it.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't do the deal.
Speaker 1: With your enemy. Will never show up as the enemy because you wouldn't allowed me in your.
Speaker 2: Sorce and say that word, man, say that goddamn word.
Speaker 1: So now, yes, we gotta be careful everybody that was in your sir, because you learn a lot as you start to go here and they don't go with you.
Speaker 2: God, the devil's the devil's best attribute is pretending he doesn't exist. To your point, that's the exactly what thing what it is, and you have to know that that devil is out yeah, for sure, and it's gonna be out there. With everything that you do, that devil is going to be there, and you got to be able to to fill that out and maneuver properly, prayer fully until you can get out that situation or you deal with that situation.
Speaker 1: Because when I look at the comments like on club, ain't nobody leaving those? Ain't nobody leaving that? On Nightcap? My people, my community, they rock with me. Yeah, but if I post something on my own thing that's like, y'all follow me just to leave that. Yeah, yeah, y'all. Y'all, y'all don't even like Nightcap. Y'all don't like Club Sha Shae. So y'all don't even come on to pay y'all y'all like I don't even want to give no mules. I don't even think anything like that. But I was like, man, there got to be something better in your life.
Speaker 2: And it's the same thing with my people, man, my fam that follow me. I know my fam, my family that follow me. When when I do stand up, the shows be sold out and people be there. I know the love I feel that it's a different love during that bail Bottom shit, this is a whole nother This is a whole nother family. Yeah, God, yeah, I love and the Mayah. They beat, they dead when I'm DJing, They there when I'm do movies, they there when I do whatever. And I feel that love and this is and I'm so glad the group of people, the hatred that that was there. It's so it's so small, it's so small, it's so.
Speaker 1: All y'all in the room together, couldn't feel it.
Speaker 2: B but but but but see, our minds be kind of fucked up, yes, because we would read through ten thousand comments. It'd be that one comment that'll fuck your whole day up, you know what I mean. It used to be like that. Now I don't allow that shit that you absolutely right, I don't lie that shit.
Speaker 1: Go to a stadium. There could be eighty thousand fans in that stadium. Seventy thousand, seventy nine thousand of them are for you. Yeah, but you'll hear that one thousand that booths.
Speaker 2: You'll hear and and nothing else is and you can't hear ship else but that on the rid.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I do a show.
Speaker 2: And it'd be two thousand and three thousand people that it'd be one motherfucker in the front row. I look at that nigga all night long, like what your arms folded for you? Why you mad? Why are you looking so mad?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And you focus on that, but you have to train your mind that the energy that But that's how powerful that hate is. That hate for one motherfucker is greater than a room full of motherfucker. Yeah, and you got to know that, and you got to know that. And I'm not about to let this.
Speaker 1: Let these people have it on that I'm having a great time, a good time.
Speaker 2: And all these other people having a good time. And you can, you can, you've gone with that bullshit.
Speaker 1: I got an opportunity to see it firsthand. Oho and I for Nightcap. We went on to it with Atlanta, Houston and Dallas sold our show. The love the respect that I received, I said, Man, you know what, these few that got something to say, I ain't even worried about I'm worried about it.
Speaker 2: It's non void. It knocks that out, that love that you received, that love, it is powerful if it's so and it's so necess it's so necessary, it is. And I want people to know that your nice comments and the stuff you say. Man, for motherfuckers going through what they going through. Man, that shit means something. Man. We love reading that shit, we love seeing that shit, and we love providing that. You know, it's just these negative people man, that be on your page. You'd be like, Man, I could post something and don't nobody like it. I'm gonna have fifteen thousand people telling me how fucked up I post some positive thirty people be on that motherfucker going congratulations, right, you know what I mean. It's like they love the mess. And you got to understand that with the social media shit and don't let it fuck with you. Don't let it bother you, and you know, keep it moving, stay prayed up, and keep your business going.
Speaker 1: In the news the last week or so, these Hollywood parties, they've been going back and forth to everybody, the old Hollywood party. Are you gonna be what is the Hollywood you go to? Thell? Have you been to? What are the Hollywood parties?
Speaker 2: Hollywood party?
Speaker 1: Yes? Have you been to these parties that supposedly X Y and Z be going on?
Speaker 2: Nah? Man again, I'm not invited to none at all.
Speaker 1: No, you real slow with that.
Speaker 2: I ain't invited to that ship, Like I promise you, man, all the cool motherfuckers go out. No, don't nobody call me. Don't nobody call me, don't nobody be like, Man, it'd be good to have d here. Never had that call, man, And and now I'm like cool with it. At first I was like, yo, what's the problem. But I don't even worry about that shit no more.
Speaker 1: I've never been I've never been a partier. I went to one party in college, so as I got older, it didn't. So it doesn't bother me. Man, you such and such got something. I'm good. Yeah, yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: It comes I'm working because there's nothing. Really, I don't see how what I'm gonna benefit that party to baby see buff elbows with some slaves or entertaining. But at the end of the day, I'm past that stage. We're going out and being at parties is a thing.
Speaker 2: It's like this. If I go out, there's a reason i'm there. If you see me there, there's a reason i'm there exactly.
Speaker 1: And know that everything I do is purpose and drive.
Speaker 2: It's purpose driven. Now I'll go to some small ship around l a few people. Yeah, and we'll hang out a kick it, and that's that's my try, that's my love, that's my be in there. We're kicking it.
Speaker 1: A few people ain't no few people at.
Speaker 2: Ain't no pictures, ain't nobody standing on ship and we all just grown having a good motherfucking time chilling out, you know what I mean. I'll do that in a heartbeat. But as far as me sitting back and just partying like that, like, nah, I ain't. I ain't even invited to that kind of ship.
Speaker 1: You like me, I gotta go. I mean, I gotta like really trust the person, like I know he ain't.
Speaker 2: And I've been I've been to parties, I've been to him, but you got to go to him to find out if you want to keep going to you know what I mean, I've been to him. I've been like, you know what what am I doing here? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Money?
Speaker 2: Did I make did I mean? My wife? Did I get healthier? No? All right, let me get on out of here, right.
Speaker 1: Obviously, the PD, the situation P did it. He was on an episode of Blackish. Yeah, and you were there. Yeah, I mean it's tough because I, like I said, I met the man one time, standing out in front of the mall. He dapped me up. His bodyguard dapped me up. That was it. I don't know the man. I don't know the man, and so I don't even really feel comfortable speaking on the subject because I don't know enough about it. I read what they put in the paper about the baby oil and all this other stuff. I saw the the video with the situation that happened with Cassie, and that's But what do you what are your thoughts? I mean, do you have any?
Speaker 2: So I'll never kick a man right down, regardless of what he did. He just file if it wasn't filed, you know, I just keep my mouth closed. I won't write no jokes about it. I won't tell nothing, you know what I mean, because I know how that feels, whether you right or wrong. I just don't want to be in the midst of that, you know what I mean, where I just don't do nothing. But I wrote for him, you know the Billboard Awards when you hosted, Yeah, I was the writer for that right And to be honest with you, the times that we had with some of the most inspirational moments I ever had with a guy. I don't know how many billionaires you hang out with, you know, they slide a little different. They slided a little different, you know what I mean. And seeing how he got down was so inspirational to me. That and that shit was he never that shit was never happening. I mean, wasn't all of that shit that everybody talking about. But I don't drink the smoke. I don't do none of that. I came in, took care business, and then it was out. But being at the house and all of that, it was never none of that. He always had profound fucking work for me, you know. Like I remember one time he was like, man, stop spending your money on so much materialistic shit. He was like, spend your money on things that free up your time. He was like, you want to be the freest motherfucker alive. He was like, spend your money on drivers, people, clean your house, doing these things, because the more time you have free and more time you got to think about making money and.
Speaker 1: Create and create.
Speaker 2: He was like, so spend your money on that. He was like, two hours in traffic, there's three meetings or some sleep. He was like, that's how you got to look at how to spend your money. And he was like also, he said a lot of people hate on him a lot, but they had the same He was like, yeah, but they had to say twenty four hours as he did, you know what I mean, as far as to make moves, and which I thought was profound. It was like, right, we all had to say twenty four hours. You know. He got a jet alledge that, you know, and I'm quite sure people make jokes about this, but I'm being I'm being for real, like we all have the same twenty four hours, you know what I mean, What are you gonna do with your twenty four hours? And how are you gonna change your family's life within the twenty four hours? And that was what I took took away from that where it was like, Wow, I want to use I want to change and use my twenty four hours a little differently than I had before.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And so these are things that I because I like to learn, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I like to learn in the presence of somebody that I feel I can learn from them. I look at them, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And this is before any of that, you know what I mean, This is before any of any of that came out.
Speaker 1: I was just like that.
Speaker 2: So you know when that stuff came out, man, I just you know, I mean, I feel for everybody involved, definitely, and you know, prayers out to everybody, you know. And uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I read that you were that you were at a death Jam party and you asked jay Z to take a picture with you. He's like, bar all these here.
Speaker 2: Hurt my soul Jack crushed me. Dog J jump out of a car. Dog Me and my boy Reggie outside right, where's the Depth Jam party? About six SUVs pull up and we're like, man, who's this Jay jump out? He's gonna walk right up to me.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: How the party were like this? Damn that's Jay? Were like shit, that shit popping. He was like, all right, shit, I see y'all went there. We're like bad he going there. Me and my boy reads high five all that out. We're going to party. It's this girl I know in there like this and I see J over there chilling and ship everybody in there, math red all the death Jam artists right, Jay over that chilling vibing out and I told her girl, I walked up to her. I was like this, hey, take this camera, right, I had one of them yellow boys that you.
Speaker 1: I gave her that right.
Speaker 2: I was like, look, I'm gonna go over to J. We're gonna dance over here. When I get over here and ask her for a picture, just have it ready and take it because I don't want him waiting. She was like, all right, me and her dance over there. Man, I get over there. I was like, hey, J, can I get a picture? He was like, man, dog, all these roles in and ship. You want to take a picture with a nigga? What is wrong with you? I was like, I look at that bitch, dance back into you.
Speaker 1: You're like, you're right, You're right, You're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: I was like this, I just I just wanted a picture. He was like, man, no, no. I said, all right, all right, thank you mama, and I left again. Didn't nobody speak to me in that party? Oh goddamn.
Speaker 1: It's tough in that situation, and I'm not there. But like when you go to a bed like that, I mean a lot of times they they take your phone. I mean I've been to places where you put that phone in this they put it. Now you go to some place like that, they put that phone. Yeah, yeah, the Yeah, all of that.
Speaker 2: This was like nineties. This went ja was like white hot, like white hot, just like Jay was everything, you know, and so yeah, back then they wasn't like that. Everybody had big jerseys on pants and all of that, and yeah, yeah, it was a whole different ball game.
Speaker 1: You wrote for comedians. You wrote Ricky Smiley, the prank Phone calls Nick Cannon, you work with Cat What when you write a joke for another comedian? How do you? Because I remember asking, I was talking to somebody and I was like, I think it was Snoop and I said doctor Dre. No Hoole wrote a song still Dre Dre. He wrote that song for doctor Drake. But you got to write the song knowing is for him, but it's company's coming from you through your creativity. When you write a joke, I mean, you got to write the joke like this jokes for Ricky, for this joke for Candon, this joke for Nick Cannon, this joke can't fordon. How do you? How do you separate yourself?
Speaker 2: So the majority of people that I've written for Conan O'Brien, all these guys I wrote for Coning for like nine years, eight years, when you're writing for these people, these people are already characters. Basically, you really don't even have to write a joke for them. You just have to pay attention to them because they not paying attention to themselves, right, So what I like to do, I like to pay attention to them and tell them what they just said and it's so wild, and then write it in a way that they can say it where it's them. Because the more you you are, the less rehearsal we're gonna have correct And so that's that's my process of writing. It's like with Cat, the stuff that I wrote for Cat, Cat didn't even use. He ain't using none of that. He's just I would just tell all you have to do around Cat is go he'll say something. You go that's funny, and he'll go huh, and then that'll be it. But you wasn't writing for Cat, you know what I mean. It was just he'll be like, oh okay. But other people like you, like I would write stuff depending on how they how they are, you know what I mean. Like Snoop is a character. Yes, you really ain't got to write a joke for Snoop. You just gotta have Snoop say this in a snoop way, you know what I mean? And then you got gold you know what I mean. And so that's that's that's how it really was like writing for all these people, you know, it's like just looking at how they are and having them organize what they should say in a way that they should say it. And yeah, I was always blessed to write for people like that.
Speaker 1: Obviously I had Kat on at the beginning of the year, Yes you did. People still talking about that. It's now at over seventy six million US Jesus and a lot caught a lot of criticism because the things that Kat said and they said I should have. I was like, when people come on, I have no idea. It's not like, let's just say for the sake of argument, I was going to interview a political figure. I have the questions. Now I have also fact check situation. If they say X, Y and Z, I would say, would know this, blah blah blah blah. I had the president President Trump, if I had VP Madam VP Kamla Harris, I can be able to fact check. But when I'm asking him a question, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what you're gonna say exactly. You don't.
Speaker 1: Do you believe I bear culpability for what people say on my platform?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. You're providing a platform for people to talk. It's so, I mean, I we're in the era right now.
Speaker 1: I ain't.
Speaker 2: Man, I've never seen these many motherfuckers talk in my life. Motherfuckers is talking right on everything, y'all. I mean everything you turn on, some motherfuckers is talking. So you can't control what these people are saying, you know what I mean. But you did kick some shit off where now everyone's gonna say anything and everything. I think in order to.
Speaker 1: Like try to that virus, try to get that.
Speaker 2: Viral moment, and you see it happening, and it's just it's not gonna happen. It was what y'all had wash what I like to call just a moment in time. Yeah, it was a moment in times. You were very just asking questions like you would do. He answered the way that he answered, and the stuff that that was the tripped out thing too, the things Kat was saying that was like a lot of it. He said it before, said the ship a gazillion times. I don't know why that ship took off the way it did. Because he didn't said it a gazillion times, but you I don't, I don't know everybody just oh, you know what I mean. But I think maybe he hasn't said it in a while and that's and that's what happened or whatever. But yeah, I just I just think that the situations is I really, I really don't understand that. But I don't. I don't think that you were responsible for his answers. That's that's that's that's foolish.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of a lot of it had to do with is that what he did was peel the scale back, or he peeled a layer back and let you see because I didn't know that comedians that this many comedians that h I don't like him and he don't like me, and he don't like her, and bump, I didn't know. I didn't. I don't think a lot of people because I think you guys did a great job. I don't know your relationship with all the comedians. I mean, there's so many and so many good ones, your relationship with those. But I think he peeled a layer back and let people see the underbelly of the workings of how it is in comedy and everybody ain't buddy buddy. Although look, we're trying to get everybody to.
Speaker 2: Laugh, and everybody ain't buddy buddy, I mean, and hasn't been. It's a few comics out there right now that it's just one comic. Man, I don't care what I do. This motherfucker got a problem with me every goddamn time. I don't care, to the point where I'm like, dude, what is your problem?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: Why every time I even show up? Why do you even think I'm thinking about you? Yes, I'm not even thinking about you. But there's issues that comics have and they have their own read like you got comedians now that don't like younger comics because they got it so quick. You got older comics that that refused to move out the way that don't want to accept that. Yo. They not keeping it moving no more, They not writing no more, they not doing artists and trying to blame other people. The game has changed. It's a it's a different ballgame. But you can't be mad at them. So everybody's mad at everybody for some goddamn reason, you know what I mean. And it's like that's never going to change. What Cat did. He just put it out there, whether it was true or false.
Speaker 1: He just put out what he It was his truth. It was his true At the end of the day, it's nothing nothing.
Speaker 2: Nobody can nobody can change that. And you all you did was ask the question. So no, you know Cat, And I think Cat knew what he was doing too. I knew Cat Cat. Cat knew exactly what he's doing when he came on your show because Cat don't do podcasts.
Speaker 1: No he doesn't, he don't, so he knew what he was doing. I've been trying. I had been trying to line Cat up for over a year and Cat doesn't fly. Cat took the tour bus and he wasn't going to be on this side of town. And I told a story that I went to my lawyer's office on a Friday and as the door opens up, I'm getting off, there's this young lady about to get on. She's like, hey, Shanna, how you doing. I was like, hey, how you doing? I said, I don't know you. She's like, you come here. I said, yeah, my Marvin. Marvin is my agent. She said I didn't know that. I said, I've ever seen you. I said, yeah, he's been there for like three or four years. She said, it's funny. She said, today is my last day. I said really, I said, well, congratulations, I hope. I said, so what do you be? On my man? Asking what are you going to do? She says, I'm going to be the executive assistant to Cat Williams. I said, I've been trying to get Cat for over a year. This was a Friday. The following Thursday, Cats sitting in my chair.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: The following Thursday, we're doing the CJ. He was my producer, and I remember when we wrapped the interview. CJ is shaking his head. So I covered my like.
Speaker 2: What I was like, did I say something to d say something?
Speaker 1: And he's telling me it's gonna break the internet. We're hoping to get ten. I say, you think you'll do ten minute? He's like, yeah, he gonna do ten. He said, nah, it's gonna do twenty. I say twenty million. I said nobody. I said, look, only Joe Rogan is doing sit Down. They get twenty million views. Nobody else man, I said, come on, CJ. He said, I'm telling you shall He said, this is gonna be talked about all of twenty four. So we drop it that Wednesday, and I'm looking and I call him. I sayd CJ, do you see how many people are watching in the chat? He said, nah, how many? I say seventy thousand, and then it jumps to ninety, then it jumps to one ten, so we get to like one thirty. I said, so, c J, how many do you think it's gonna do? He says it's gonna it's gonna be big. I say, CJ, re what. Look it got to like we did twenty four million views in like two days. And so CJ starts looking. CJ's like, okay, the record. I mean somebody had like Joe Rogan had two he had wanted like forty fifty million or another like fifty seven fifty eight million.
Speaker 2: I said, CJ, you think we can get that.
Speaker 1: He's like, yes, go break that. I said, come on, CJ. CJ said yeah, geez. And it did seventy six million views in eight months. That is razy. I never would have imagined it. And like I said, when he started talking, and I'm you know, I'm just asking what I do. I ask you a question, I let you take it as long as you want. I don't cut you off and try to direct you somewhere else. That's why the interviews go so long, because I don't cut the guests off because I want them to fully explain what they want he or she wants to say. And then I listened like some of the people like, well, shall shouldn't let him said that. That's the whole objective of an interview, is that you invite someone else and you let him or her say their peace. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think let me ask you a question? Since that people that gave you opportunities and people that work with you and all of that, have you felt a shift with them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It happened. I mean it changed once I did that.
Speaker 2: What is like a jealousy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know what, you can feel it. You can feel it through the screen.
Speaker 1: You can feel it.
Speaker 2: And I'm just gonna not say the name.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was. I was surprised because a lot of people that I thought I was cool with, I ain't say, well, you know, we hung out, we went to dinner together and stuff like that. But things that I never say anything about them. But what Kat did, Cat did for a club shaysha, what the television did for sports because before the television you can only hear it. So baseball, somebody hit a home run, you couldn't see it. Football, you could hear the announcment call it, but you couldn't see it. He put Club Shasha on the map and we had to be taken serious. And I remember having a conversation. I called the team, CJ, who's the EP of the show. Here now the EP of the show, and I see, CJ. I'm not gonna make myself sick. This is our thriller. Yeah, Michael Jackson made himself sick trying to recreate thriller. Bad was amazing, Invincible, was unbelievable, but it wasn't gonna be thriller. And you have to be okay with that. I sayd CJ. As long as we do great content. The likelihood of us ever getting another video to do this is Hayley's comment. Yeah, but I'm okay with that as long as we continue to do great content. And then people started to saying, well, he's trying to get I invite people on they share their story. Monique shared a story. I went back and looked afterwards. Monique has said a lot of the things that he said on my podcast. She has said it no other show.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. It's it's the effect that you have, brother, I'm telling you, it's the effect that you that you have put out there that this this generation has has tapped into that of the people haven't. And I think that it's your demeanor, your character, and the way that you carry yourself that brings the best oute of people and the vulnerableness out of people, and people want to it's a safe space, you know what I mean, and and you're genuine. But that's what you provide with This is what you provide on first take and and and and dispute it is it was always how genuine you was, you know what I mean, and and you provide that now. And if you just keep doing what you're doing with that genuine shit, you can be the best motherfucker at anything you do, because it's not the thing you do, it's how you doing the thing.
Speaker 1: You know what it is is that the one thing that I do is that before I interview anybody, I never look at previous interviews because when you come sit down across from me, I'm not looking at you would judge the eyes. I have no predetermined idea who or what you are. I want to come up here and I want to genuinely have an authentic conversation and that person will open up because they can look at me and say he ain't judging me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you feel it. I felt the same way. Like we didn't go of a old questions, He didn't do.
Speaker 1: None of that.
Speaker 2: He sat down. It was love and we sat down and we talked and that was it. And feel more comfortable than a lot of interviews. You know what I mean? I honestly do you know?
Speaker 1: You know what Dave Chappelle. You were at the show when Dave came on stage and was responding to cat am I.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, was in San Jose. It was in the Empire. Yeah, I was with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He felt that Cat shouldn't have said he shouldn't have said those secrets because other racists don't share their secrets exactly. Yeah, Cat should have gone.
Speaker 2: He thought Cats should have called and made a call and talked to people instead of saying what he said on on your on your platform or whatever. And that was his whole thing. And he was like he didn't want other races seeing us going at it like that, and so that was his his whole big deal. He just felt like a conversation could have had if he really felt like that, you know, And so I felt like, no, if motherfuckers ain't calling each other, and that's on his heart, and you got a platform and he want to talk about Henna, he gonna bring it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah if you probably Now, I don't know how it conversations, how it works, and a comedic community. But if I never talked to somebody on the telephone, the likelihood of me picking up, if I got a problem with the picking on the.
Speaker 2: Phone thing, it ain't gonna happen. So therefore, what David saying, I get it that that never was gonna happen or would have happened, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean? Right? Yeah, So the net at the festival Netflix is the joke festival brunh Dave Chappelle, Cat Williams, Kevin Hart. Cat left before Cat got there, I mean, Kevin got there, Tiffany had his Mike ELPs little real. Did you did you interact with any of those? Was there any any tension or did you notice any No?
Speaker 2: No, no, we had a good time. No, we we was chilling. No, there wasn't no tension whatsoever. We had. We had a great time taking pictures, and yeah, it was it was no beef whatsoever. Wasn't nobody or nothing or whatever. And I didn't even notice that cav left Cat Lift, I mean before yep, Cat did leave. He did leave Yep, because I was looking for him, because I didn't see that was the only person that I didn't see, Scott, But I'll say everybody else definitely, like right after that picture that I think he left. But my thing is, man, we got motherfucker's got too much money, too many jokes to write about, Like come like all this beefing back and forth. I don't know if they think this is a way to keep everybody relevant or whatever. I don't. I don't even understand what's going on myself, you know, But to each his own. But people eating this shit up, and people think that they can keep doing it, you know. I told some people I was coming on the show, and they it was like, who you're gonna talk about? That's exactly what they said. It's like, who you're gonna talk about? And I was like, this, what the fuck you're talking about? Like I don't, I don't know, I talk about like that. I was like no, not like that, like no, But that's the mentality.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The mentality is you come on club who you're about to disk?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And it's like, I.
Speaker 1: Think the thing is that when you look at it, cat shit. I mean, we've had one hundred and fifty interviews. Yeah, Cat said what he said and Monique said what she said. But we're gonna go to Amber Rose.
Speaker 2: People be wilding you.
Speaker 1: You kissed ambarrolls on blacket.
Speaker 2: I did kiss Amberose, that sure did. And I kept sucking up so we can keep shooting. I fucked my lines up about the time. I was like, we gotta shoot this again. Come on, come in, give you something of that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, come on man, Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure? Did I love that Amber? Amber was? Uh yeah, Amber's good people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good people. You would flirt with Tracey Ellis Ross on the show.
Speaker 2: Chasey fine, man, come on man, Chasey fine, Jack, that's the boy. She fine fine. But I just I felt like I didn't want to like be with her, be with her like that, because that's royalty, that's Diana Ross's daughter. Not saying that I could have been with her, she could have been with me. I'm not saying that at all. But I did flur definitely. But I started thinking, like, you know, she's royalty daughter. I'm like, she don't, she don't she don't know how to do chores right, you know what I mean? She had in her life. Let her do everything. She would have to make a sandwich.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna get you to I'm gonna get you out here on this one. No Dion Jonathan Major, he you know, he had to issue and seemingly like.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Tracy, I love you baby.
Speaker 1: Everything got snatched away. But John John, I mean, it's that for me, the thing that I that I that I hate. And then I could be wrong and maybe I'm just overacting, but it seems like we get held to a different standard, Like we make a mistake and they just burned everything down to the ground, and other and other groups get to make a mistake and it's okay.
Speaker 2: Again back to what we were saying earlier. We tear our own down, man, we tear him down. And because he had a white girl that just really made black folks go.
Speaker 1: That's when he.
Speaker 2: And it's like stealing aw that was one of the greatest actors of our time.
Speaker 1: And he was. He was starting to blow.
Speaker 2: To man, I work with that man on that man changed my way of thinking when it comes to acting, you know, on the heart of theay Fall, you know, man, I saw I saw this man walk around in character when the camera was off. He was walking, Man, I saw that. On his days off, dog, I would see dude at the gas station in caw in his cowboy outfit, like gone like like, what are you doing? You know what I mean, what are you doing? Like that? Dedicated? That was That dude is a motherfucker you hear me. When it comes to acting, man, he's so cold with it. And so to have someone that talented be overlooked by a situation, it's a situation, it's something happened. Well, I don't know why everybody wants everybody to be perfect as fuck, Like, ain't nobody perfect? Whatever, such situation happened and happened, you know, Okay, his mentality, his mentality, But still in awe, he's still one of the greatest actors of our time.
Speaker 1: He really is.
Speaker 2: And so I hate that that happened to him, you know what I mean? I hate that that happened to him. And again, I just hate that there's not a place where black folks can go. Hey, man, I apologize, and everybody go, all right, man, he apologized, and this is what he's about to do for the community, for us right here about do this for the community, and we're gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Y'all right.
Speaker 2: That's what it should always be. It should always be, Hey, what you're gonna do for the community, or what you did, or how you're gonna make this better for us as a people. We bring him in and make sure everything okay is shit, you know, and that go with anybody do anything fucked up, you know, that's our own, that's our people. Quit tearing quit tearing motherfuckers down and getting rid of them and don't have nobody to replace them with because we don't and we don't. We don't replace them with nobody. We just get rid of them. And it's like, no, everybody make mistakes, let them learn from their mistakes, and then we keep the mother fucking moving. You can, you can, you can, and before we go, you can bast situations, make a lot of things good happen. You ever order some food and they fuck your food up, they'll be like this, you can keep that and we'll all bring your other one. You'd be like this for god damn. Yeah, I just keep sucking up to keep sucking up. Now you got two plate, you know what I mean. So therefore with these fuck ups, quit looking at Oh it's a fuck up. Just look at it like man, that's a fuck up. Now what good can we get out of this? Just always look at what the what's the good we can get out of this in any situation and it works, you know.
Speaker 1: Go check his netflick special loud. Okay, mister dion Cole, appreciate you, brother, Thank you. Thank you Ali Lounge on sixty six at Resorts World, Las Vegas for allowing club Shayshe to film our very special segment here today. Keep up with Ali Lounge on social media at Resorts World, Las Vegas and Ali Lounge, Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: All my life, grinding all my life, sacrifice, hustle, pet Price, one slice, got the brother, geys swap all my life, Poppy grinding all my life, all my life, grinding all my
Speaker 1: Life, sacrifice, hustle, pat Price, one slice, got the brotherct Geist Swap all my life, Poppy grinding all my life