Speaker 1: Hey, we got it for you, a brand new one. I know you love those new episodes. Thank you so much for finding the Second Date podcast. It's Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning, and I think.
Speaker 2: You're gonna enjoy it today. I do you think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, guess we probably shouldn't post it if we all thought it sucked, But here we go.
Speaker 2: What do we got? In the comment sectionallexis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Casparava said, my ex boyfriend and I were together for four years and he introduced.
Speaker 2: Me to you guys.
Speaker 3: Oh, but then we broke up, so I had to stop listening for a little while.
Speaker 1: It heard.
Speaker 2: But I'm doing better now and I'm finally all caught up.
Speaker 4: And just so you know, we don't listen to him anymore.
Speaker 5: We child you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love you.
Speaker 4: We're happier with us. He's a dirt bag.
Speaker 2: You want us in the In the breakup, he listens, the volume goes weird, something witches. Yeah, I don't worry. He sucks. Yeah. Yeah. The brand new episode starts right now. Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. Second Date updates.
Speaker 3: Today, We've got a lovely woman named Tory joining us, and Tory says she's doing her date a favor by giving.
Speaker 6: Him another chance.
Speaker 3: Hey, okay, probably something he doesn't even deserve.
Speaker 6: That's according to her email. Those are her words, not mine.
Speaker 1: It's either going to be he did something really bad or she's really entitled.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Both of those sound like good scenarios to me, So let's find out.
Speaker 6: Tory.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show, and I appreciate you being generous and humble enough to make the first move using our help. Of course, tell us about the guy that made you want to do that. Hi?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I had matched with Chad on honestly more than one dating app over the last six months.
Speaker 2: Oh, the same guy. How is that?
Speaker 1: Like, if you commit to one dating app, you should stick with just that one.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 7: Well, it's hard out here on the streets.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, it's a numbers game, broke cast a wide net, get as many matches as you can from as many different.
Speaker 1: Sites, which is obviously the same people on all the sites if you're all matching with Chad, all the same strategy.
Speaker 7: Literally. Yeah, and I had unmatched him before, but he was basically begging, like, give me one shot, and I was like, okay, well maybe this's gonna be my good karma.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have a question.
Speaker 1: Do all guys have to beg and plead to get a date with you? Or was there something wrong with Chad where you didn't.
Speaker 2: Think you liked him?
Speaker 7: Not all guys need to beg and plead, but he was just like, you know, he wasn't the hottest guy, but he was cute enough. And I was like, you know what, I've been out here searching for perfection. Obviously that's not working for me, so I can get a project.
Speaker 2: Oh god, all right.
Speaker 6: Okay, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: To hear this, I'm sorry, I'm overwhelmed how romantic it was.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of construction workers, Brooke who love projects, and that doesn't make them bad people, all right, so keep going.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I was like, okay, well I'll go out with you. And I was honestly a little bit disappointed. But he just wanted like a regular restaurant day. Oh like a restaurant is so ghost you know? Ghost like yawn like everyone does that.
Speaker 4: A new word learning.
Speaker 6: Broke and Jeffrey in the morning. So ghost?
Speaker 4: Yeah it did? You get ghosted?
Speaker 3: So you were expecting more than a restaurant. But that was what you were given.
Speaker 7: That was what I was given. And you know what, if it was a train wreck, it wouldn't last all my I knew it would only be a set amount of time.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So you are willing to settle every turn.
Speaker 4: Willing to just have this steak out.
Speaker 3: You've been so brave in this so far tory. We're all very minded. So tell us about how the restaurant went.
Speaker 7: So he overed me to the restaurant. That was nice. And then like right when I met him, I was like, Okay, his styles could be a little bit better, but honestly, what guys can't fashion?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the clothes are in easy fix.
Speaker 7: Yes, a break for that.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's nice.
Speaker 7: We're at the restaurant and he tries to order scallops at the menu and I was like, honey, this isn't a seafood place. That is the last thing you want to do. Tassa and wine instead.
Speaker 6: Oh, that is really good advice.
Speaker 2: The way he ordered. And you shamed him in the middle of and.
Speaker 7: I mean, yes, but like I didn't shame him. I honestly I was saving his life, like ordering peacefood if not a peacefood restaurant is dangerous.
Speaker 4: I mean, you don't go to Applebee's for the oysters?
Speaker 7: No, I mean he was like thank you, Like that's so true, and I was like, yes, it is.
Speaker 3: So aside from his terrible choice in food and fashion, what did you like, would you guys connect on?
Speaker 7: I like talking to him. You know, we talked a lot about his childhood, which I always like to do because I feel like you can learn a lot about a person. And honestly, his upbringing was just kind of like simple. But I have heard of people who have gone to public schools and go on to make something of themselves, and I think he's doing just that.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: What what's so funny? You haven't heard of people going to public schools?
Speaker 2: And public schools are amazing schools.
Speaker 4: I went to both.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I went to Calage School until I got kicked out, and then I went to public school because I had.
Speaker 1: And neither system wants to claim host.
Speaker 3: Okay, So he's making something of himself despite disadvantages in his upbringing totally.
Speaker 7: Which is like it's so commendable, Like I can admire that.
Speaker 2: So his greatest his greatest hill he's climbed is going to.
Speaker 4: Guys give her credit. At least she's not saying, oh, it's a deal breaker.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, you've made a lot of sacrifices for Chad, and I think that's it's a big thing for you to do.
Speaker 6: How did you end the date?
Speaker 7: It was better than I had expected, and like by the end, I honestly I was seeing him a little bit differently.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: I like, you're open to seeing people for who they are, that's great.
Speaker 6: We're seeing him in a different outfit possibly.
Speaker 2: I mean, was there a kiss or did he just get you another uger?
Speaker 5: Home?
Speaker 7: We hug outside the restaurant, and then that's the last that I've heard from him.
Speaker 2: Oh have you texted him?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: I don't do that, so I am surprised, Like she didn't check in at all, and it's been like four days, so this is quite rare for me, Like, this doesn't really happen.
Speaker 4: Maybe he has the same rule you have, and you're in a standoff right now. Someone's waiting for the first text.
Speaker 2: Like that is probably pretty common.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well you don't.
Speaker 3: Like me that I'm not going to text you eight It is very unbecoming public school behavior of him.
Speaker 4: To leave you on wed like that, So it's etiquette.
Speaker 7: To Yeah, I would never do that, So, Tory, I do think it's like a male chivalry etiquette.
Speaker 6: Thing he needs to It is disgusting. You're right, so let's let's call it his job whatever.
Speaker 3: We're going to get to the bottom of this, and we're going to take the reins. We will dial up Chad and figure out why he has the nerve to not be calling you back after.
Speaker 2: Four days you, Jeffrey, thank you, You are welcome.
Speaker 6: We're going to do it with your second date update right after this hold.
Speaker 1: On Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 3: How many glaring red flags can one woman ignore in the pursuit of finding a decent guy? For our listener, Tory, she's looked past at least four, but we've counted goodness one.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Still, those counts are one his clothes, to his dinner selection of scallops at a non seafood restaurant.
Speaker 2: To say that even picked a restaurant to begin with, Jeffy.
Speaker 3: Even that that was a borderline pink flag. Three, his simple public school upbringing, and for the fact that he's rudely not texted her after almost one full business week. Wow, that is not cool, or, as Tory would say, that is so ghost. But just like her selfless generous self, Tory is willing to give him one more chance and has asked us to reach out to Chad on her behalf.
Speaker 1: I mean, Toy, has it ever crossed your mind that he is just so intimidated.
Speaker 2: By your perfection that that's why he hasn't called you?
Speaker 7: Honestly, that is what my mom said.
Speaker 2: Sounds like something your mom would say.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully we can convince him that you're not too good for him. Equals well, we're not going to cut you down, We're gonna lift him up higher.
Speaker 4: There you go, Jeff, thank you.
Speaker 7: That is so kind of you.
Speaker 3: I don't know, we'll see how this goes. I'm just going to dial Chad's number and hopefully, hopefully has the respect to pick up the phone number of a call that he doesn't recognize.
Speaker 1: I'm a public school kid, would always pick up a call, and I don't know, let's find out.
Speaker 6: I'm going to dial it right now.
Speaker 5: Here we go, Hello, Hey, is this Chad speaking?
Speaker 6: Picked up really early.
Speaker 2: There and energetically you did.
Speaker 5: I'm actually already working. Uh. Who is this? Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is this is It's a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 2: You sound so likable.
Speaker 5: Chad, Good morning. Why are you guys calling me?
Speaker 3: We're calling because we're doing a segment it's called a second Date Update, and we're trying to get some answers for one of our very confused listeners who went out with you recently, a woman named Tory.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, and miss is on the radio.
Speaker 2: You mean, wow toy right?
Speaker 6: Wo wow? What a knockout right right? Yeah, But to answer your earlier question, yes, it is on the radio and podcast.
Speaker 5: Uh okay, So what is it night all about?
Speaker 3: Well, Tory is a little confused because after your restaurant date, she says, you haven't reached out to her at all.
Speaker 5: Tory hasn't reached out to me either.
Speaker 2: She doesn't do that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's not really her thing, that's her job.
Speaker 1: She'll only reach out to radio stations who then reached out to.
Speaker 5: Her.
Speaker 6: Oh what is that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean she is a perfect example of why I'm just so sick of dating in the Bay Area.
Speaker 1: Oh huh, geez, what do you what do you mean though, what do you mean so sick of dating?
Speaker 2: Like that sounds negative.
Speaker 5: She's just like any of the other forty nine ers that are out here.
Speaker 2: Okay, the football team, which is the NFL team.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, forty nine ers is a term here where a girl is actually a four but she's acting like she's a nine. None. Yeah, I'm telling you it's a term in the Bay Area. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, you don't find Tori attractive? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 5: She's fine, It's just look, I know I'm not the best looking dude, but like I cannot handle a forty nine er.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think she's the best thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right at the beginning of the day, and I could tell something was wrong with her, So I asked what happened and she was like, you called me an uber but it wasn't an uber.
Speaker 1: Black, oh, which, of course she followed up with, thank you.
Speaker 5: Guys, I have never taken an uber black in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, we heard you into public school, so you probably wouldn't. I'm getting chat. I also.
Speaker 5: You heard that I went to public school.
Speaker 6: Well we were.
Speaker 2: It was a joke.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of obstacles to overcome during this date for her.
Speaker 1: So wait, so right from the very beginning, did you make up your mind?
Speaker 5: I'm a go with the flow kind of guy, so like, I didn't try and put too much stock into it. I just thought like, huh, I've never actually taken an uber black. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Counted like make a little mental note.
Speaker 9: So right, was there anything else?
Speaker 5: We got to the restaurant, we sat down, she asked like, how many courses are we getting? I was like, like an appetizer and just like get what you want? Right? You want to text this toast with your spaghetti?
Speaker 2: Yes, right, there is so good.
Speaker 4: She wants a moose booch a pre starter, but.
Speaker 1: She hasn't probably tried Texas toast before and that's why she doesn't know she wants.
Speaker 3: It Texas toast at the restaurant she goes were at the private schools.
Speaker 2: It's better.
Speaker 3: Okay, So all of this put together was kind of a turn off to you.
Speaker 6: It sounds like Chad.
Speaker 5: I mean, all these things just kept going on throughout the entire night, where she just had this like air about her and made her a forty niner.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wait though, wait, maybe that's I mean, maybe it's just she was raised wealthy.
Speaker 2: That's not her fault. I mean, honestly, it's not.
Speaker 1: She didn't choose it, and it's probably just the lifestyle she lives.
Speaker 5: It was really just like a vibe thing like when when she was talking about these things, it's not about like what she was saying, it's about how she was saying it.
Speaker 3: Than now kind of well, I exactly, I am curious on what she would say and how she would say it to you.
Speaker 6: Whence we bring her on the phone.
Speaker 2: Right now, I feel actually kind of bad.
Speaker 3: Because she has been listening to this conversation the entire time.
Speaker 5: No way is this.
Speaker 2: It's in a moose moose trap, Tori, are you there? Don't think I use that right?
Speaker 7: Did you call me a forty nine er?
Speaker 5: Oh my god? Uh, you're doing okay to Tori?
Speaker 7: Actually kind of no, that is so beyond rude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't know you were listening, Tori.
Speaker 2: He was trying to be honest and maybe a little funny.
Speaker 7: I don't know you would think that when somebody's talking behind someone's back, they're not going to be that mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're you're you're one to talk about being rude, calling the kettle black.
Speaker 6: You mean the uber black?
Speaker 5: Right? Right? Right, right right?
Speaker 7: What do you mean, Chad? I've been perfectly.
Speaker 5: It's like I ki't you a chance Tory. At one point in the date, you were just like, so is that jacket secondhand shop or what?
Speaker 2: But that's really in right now to do?
Speaker 7: Did you maybe not take the things that I said in the right way because you went to a public school? I don't I don't know what mean the public school?
Speaker 2: Well, it means that you don't understand subtext, Chad?
Speaker 5: What public school were great? You know we're.
Speaker 6: Joking, joking, you use the word subtext.
Speaker 1: I do think that you're being as close minded as you felt like she was?
Speaker 4: What right now?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean sometimes when you feel rejected by someone or judge by someone, the natural response is to reject them and judge them back.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I totally get that, And honestly, daddy would say the same thing.
Speaker 8: Your daddy, that's her real dad, my father.
Speaker 7: Excuse me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, sorry, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe she can do the more normal life stuff with you, Chad, and then she can also introduce you to more of the higher end things than we're accessible, like.
Speaker 6: A reverse my fair Lady.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let her pick the restaurant. You can take her fish.
Speaker 3: Remember My Fair Lady where he takes the poor woman and he shows her the finer things they like you?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yes, a classic who has not seen My Fair Lady exactly.
Speaker 4: Gets I don't know.
Speaker 5: It was part of my I really appreciate that. I don't feel like going through a relationship being Torres blained, Oh, that wasn't.
Speaker 2: As good as forty nine ers.
Speaker 7: Se honestly that I love. I'm going to take that. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Her.
Speaker 7: Okay, And you know what, Chad, If anything, I'm in ninety four.
Speaker 2: And wait, isn't that, like she said, nine to acts like a four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I might give you a fifty nine, but definitely not a ninety four.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, numbering people, yeah, I hate that.
Speaker 3: Let's do this instead. Let's offer to send you to on another date. So fine, I like it, have no numbers. Just let's just send you on another day. If you're willing to give Tory one more chance, Chad, then we would pay for it.
Speaker 5: I do not want to come back out with her.
Speaker 7: Well, my feelings are really hurt. But I'm going to be the bigger person here and I'm going to say, Okay, I hear you, the bigger.
Speaker 2: Persons accepting you couldn't have said no.
Speaker 6: I'm still going to give the wind to toy in this.
Speaker 1: Situation, will give you forty nine ers for life, Brook.
Speaker 7: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I don't know why the term ninety fourth or just doesn't have the same zing that forty.
Speaker 5: Nine or does.
Speaker 4: No forty nine popped here, I'm gonna start using that.
Speaker 2: Only mean words fun.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 3: And even though yes, her and I are both kind of ninety four ths and we do share that elite private school connection, I do think that she could have handled herself a little better.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, even you were being judged to the other judges.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I expected a little better from a fellow preppy princess.
Speaker 4: Of course, Jeff thinks he's better than the other girls.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's why I'm a ninety four the other This.
Speaker 8: Is what in private school is like, exactly so much fun, more private, just get to judge everyone, no judgment when you email our show, well well.
Speaker 1: A little bit, okay, we can't see what number you are, yeah
Speaker 3: But we will call whoever's not calling you back on your behalf and Whenever you need help, reach out to us online wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey