Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone, Elvis durand the Elvis durand phone tappen.
Speaker 2: All right, I guess today's phone tap is very self explanatory. But let me give you just a little bit of background. Danielle plays the wife of a dead guy. She's the widow and she's grieving over the loss of her husband, but she has one last request for the funeral home. Let's listen in.
Speaker 3: Funeral, Yes, Hi, I have a couple of questions about possibly having a funeral at your funeral home. My husband actually passed away yesterday and I actually have a very odd request, and people have been telling me that I'm crazy, But is there a way that before the viewing of the body, you could cut my husband's unit off and I can take it home with me?
Speaker 4: Can you hold on one moment? Sure?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 4: Did I hear that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hi, I actually called a few minutes ago, and this really nice woman with help me. My husband had passed away yesterday. I called about twenty different funeral homes just to ask if it was possible, before the viewing of my husband's body, if I could cut my husband's unit off and I can take it home with me. Okay, my husband was only thirty nine years old, and he died of a heart attack. And it's kind of like the only thing I have left. Okay, if I was to come in and do it myself, and I didn't know how I could do that, whether I'd have to bring in a baggie with me, whether it would need to be put in formaldehyde, how I would be able to cut it off, what looks.
Speaker 4: Well if it's at the time, as long as it's only time we embomb him, right then it'll be bombed, so you wouldn't need distort it from mouth to tacks.
Speaker 3: But has this ever been done? Has anyone ever happened? Do you understand, though, why this is something that I'd want done?
Speaker 4: I can understand.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't. I don't know what else to do, what else to save. And I haven't even told my family because I know they're going to think I'm crazy.
Speaker 4: So what is it? You wouldn't want to tell them? If you're going to do this, you wouldn't want to, you know, involve everybody.
Speaker 3: And I figured that since the body is usually fully clothed and it's it's when it's viewed, nobody would know.
Speaker 4: Nobody would tell her.
Speaker 3: When it's embombed. Does that mean that it would remain in a stiff position, it would be sick?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would remain, It would remain preserved.
Speaker 3: Can I take it out or is it something that I need to keep in a bag?
Speaker 4: I never thought about about storing anything. I would imagine you would need to keep that in a some kind of container. Right. You know who would be able to tell you? Would be our embomber? Oh, he would our Obama happens to be a female.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: She is she around? Is it possible for that? I should talk to her.
Speaker 4: Hold on a minute. Let me see if I can get her on a two way call it.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much?
Speaker 4: Hello Gary? All right? Can you hear her?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi Jerry. My name is Mary Anne. I was explaining to the gentleman that since you were the embomber, that you might be able to answer some questions that I have.
Speaker 1: What kind of question? Have not help?
Speaker 3: I had actually asked him if it was possible to cut my husband's unit off and save it. And it's kind of like the only thing I have left? Is this something that I would need formaldehyde for it?
Speaker 1: If I wanted to keep it, you would have to have some type of a solution that would be a preservative. What would just keep it in?
Speaker 3: I didn't know if I could keep it in a plastic bag.
Speaker 1: If I needed to keep it in a jar, you would probably have to have a field container.
Speaker 4: He's also wanting if it could be used, if you know, if it could be if it would be usable, and that's why we called you.
Speaker 1: I would highly doubt it.
Speaker 3: I mean because he had said that if it was embalmed, it would always be stiff.
Speaker 1: No, because it's not attached to anything, and I would I would not recommend it because you would have to use some type of a conservative solution, and that's not something you would want to have the immediate contact with.
Speaker 3: Is it something that you could mount? Maybe because you know how some times they stuffed animals after.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't see that's something you would have to get a tax to germist. Okay, now that might be a possibility that attack the germists want to step this point.
Speaker 3: Is it something I can use if they did that, ma'am.
Speaker 1: I don't know, And then I that's a question I can't answer.
Speaker 3: And then the taxidermists could stuff it. Then could I mount it?
Speaker 1: I would imagine. So, but those questions the taxi the ermists would have to address because they could tell you whether or not they would do it, could do it, or would be willing to do it, and then they could tell you what their preservation procedures would be after they've done whatever they're going to do.
Speaker 3: And do you, I mean, is this something you would do? Would you save your husband?
Speaker 1: I'd keep my memories.
Speaker 3: You just keep your memory.
Speaker 1: I keep my memories and move.
Speaker 4: On, all right.
Speaker 3: All right, I think I'm gonna I'm gonna rethink think it because people keep telling me that I'm crazy. So I'm going to talk to my sister about it and make my decision and then, you know, figure out what to do. But I want to thank you for your health because you've been very.
Speaker 1: Helpful, no problem, and you take care and I wish you.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Take care, all right, I'm the Elvis Duran phone tap. This phone tap was pre recorded with permission granted by all participants. The Elvis Duran phone tap only on Elvis Duran in the Morning Show