Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour in this Tuesday Dan and the Dan EDGs Dan Patrick Show, more of your phone calls, new poll question live on NBC Golf Channel, streaming on Peacock. It will be the Texas Children's Houston Open that'll be coming up this weekend on Golf Channel, NBC and Peacock eight seven seven three DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com Twitter handle a DP show.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Those watching on peacock, make sure you go to Danpatrick dot com pick up some great deals. Everything is on sale, most of it under twenty dollars. Have a poll question for the final hours, Seaton. You want to clean up what we had in the first two hours of the program.
Speaker 4: Yet we're putting up two new ones for the third hour retiring at thirty sounds awesome or not for me?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Russell going to put up there.
Speaker 4: The Titan should draft a quarterback or trade down that pick. And for the first hour, well the first two hours we had up there where if you lived in Arkansas, would you rather a title in basketball or a national title?
Speaker 3: It should say?
Speaker 2: Now, how this started was accidental. I'm looking at the matchups in the Sweet sixteen, the point spreads, and all of a sudden, I started going down the list and saying, is that a football school or basketball? Like Arkansas is a basketball school, wanting to be a football school, And as Tom is Michigan State said, most schools want to be a football school because that's where your money is, that's where your revenue is. Like BYU, BYU is a football school, Alabama a football school. Florida I would say a football school. Maryland maybe not either, Arizona. I'd say it is a basketball school. Duke basketball school, Arkansas basketball school, Texas Tech football school, Old Miss football, Michigan State basketball, Kentucky basketball, Tennessee football, Michigan football, Auburn. They want to be football, but they're successful in basketball. Purdue basketball, Houston basketball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pull BYU temporarily feels like a basketball school. Didn't they get the number one high school recruit. Yeah, that kind of forces your hand towards basketball school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're only getting for one year. Yes, that's the problem. Hey, we got the number one recruit. Great, you get to enjoy him for one year. And Tom Izzo brought up that he does go after the guys that would be considered one and done. Jason Richardson's son is going to be one and done just like his dad at Michigan State. But you know, you start to think about nil, you start to think about how that affects your team. And I know that we keep talking and focusing on the players, so all the players, they're jumping around. The players didn't say let's have the transfer portal during March Madness.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: Dick Vitao tweeted this out yesterday. Dickiev said, isn't it absurd that the transfer portal opens during the heart of March Madness. Okay, Dick should be calling out who are the grownups who agreed to this? The kids didn't, the grownups did. Dicky b goes, there's so much instability in college basketball, yet the upper echelon from administrators are talking about messing with one golden event March madness, talking about expanding, and he says pathetic. Yes, so call out these people who are they, But don't blame the kids, because look, this is business, and yes, is it uncomfortable for everybody? Yes, You've got kids who are going to be playing these games coming up this next week that are going to transfer to another school. You're going to have this until they find a way to allow everybody to navigate in a timeframe that is conducive to what their needs are. That's a coach. I mean, nobody has a problem with a coach leaving right now. No one is going to have a problem with a coach trying to poach players. Your team's out of the tournament.
Speaker 3: You're going to be proaching players who are in the tournament. It's going to happen.
Speaker 2: It does happen, it has happened, will continue to happen. But yes, it's going on. But let's not confuse with what Will Wade did at McNee State. So his team is playing in the tournament, he's talking about leaving to go to NC State. Sean Miller going to Texas a couple of days after his team was eliminated. I mean, this happens, This happens right now. This is when schools make changes. You bring in a coach after your season is over. Players are going to look at it same way. And until somebody gets a good handle on this. And I've not heard anything yet. I mean they're trying to figure out the name, image and likeness and what you can and cannot make. What can the school pay you? And now they can pay you coming in as a freshman. Where's And they were doing this before I know that, but now they're like, no, you can actually be everything's above board.
Speaker 3: Now you can.
Speaker 2: You can give the enticement of what you're going to pay somebody before they get there, because there is no big time recruit who's going to say, all right, I'm trying to choose between Florida and Kentucky. I'll just hope that you guys take care of me when I get there. You're want that you want this map down? When do I get paid? Do I get a sign And now I'm going to tell you that. Talk to a source yesterday said, okay, you cannot mention the names. I said, no names. You you ask for a signing bonus. You want to know when you get paid and can you have a say in who you recruit? Now this is a package deal, right like this is there's a player that this is happening right now coming out of high school. And so I mean, you're asking for these things. And you know, Tom Izzer was talking about this with Michigan State. He's like, hey, you know it's about money. They all know that it's there. They want theirs. And then now you'll get players who will hold your current team hostage because if you don't match what I'm going to get if I go to this school, then I'm going so imagine that. But it's business. This is coaches do this. Les Miles did this at LSU. It felt like on a yearly basis, Hey, you know who's interested in me? Oh god, lest don't tell me. Arkansas? Yeah, Arkansas, and then all right, we'll give you a raise. So this is what's happening. Does it take away from March madness a little bit if you allow it to. But this is next time next year. At this time, you're gonna be saying, oh god, that guy played for that school. Oh he transferred to Yes, that's happening now, and we'll continue to happen. But we get up in arms with the players, like how dare you do this to our game? No one says anything about the coaches who do the same thing. And the coaches have been doing this. They didn't have to sit out a year. Remember that we're going to discourage you. We're gonna make you sit out a year. And players did coaches. Don't imagine if you said that to Will wait at mcnee's state. Hey, you can leave, but you got.
Speaker 3: To sit out of here. Eh.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's he gonna do? I think I'll stay right here till the end of my contract, yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: Going back to the portal opening in the middle of the NCAA tournament last year, it was worse. In twenty twenty four. The college basketball transfer portal opened on March eighteenth. This year, they pushed it back a week. Last year, the portal window was forty five days. They've tightened it to thirty days. So it's going in the correct direction. Still not perfect, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: We started the show, we talked about the injury to Juju Watkins. It's been confirmed she will have ACL surgery and this is a long process that will affect next season for her, and it's a big blow for the sport because she is one of those you know, you have an athlete, you have somebody really good, but they cross over into becoming more than that. It becomes more of basketball, but social media and you know her by her name, her first name, Juju, And you know you got Hannah Hidalgo at Notre Dame. You got Page Beckers at you cunning LSU has a couple of players. South Carolina has a great team bets at UCLA. I mean, you have some players there, but this was there was so much more menim and you built this upon the interest in Kitlyn Clark last year and there was a clean handoff from Caitlin Clark to Juju. And now blows out her knee and is going to be gone for a while and it's probably you know, I would say eight months, eight months to be fair, but it's the doubt when you come back from this. And as I've said many times about my knee surgeries, when I first came back from my first one, you were afraid to do anything, like you didn't want to jump. You watch you know, you did lateral movement left and right because you're like, oh my god. You know, medicine has come a long long way. I mean I had my first surgery probably at twenty four, and just had a knee replacement a couple of years ago. But taking care of it the right way and making sure she rehabs and keep her out as long as possible until she is mentally as tough as what you know, physically, her knee is going to have to endure. But yeah, very disappointing because I was looking forward to that Yukon USC matchup again.
Speaker 3: All Right, see, so we have a poll question for the final hour of the program. Yeah, we got several of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Okay, get a couple of phone calls in here.
Speaker 6: Yes, we're getting a lot of people on Twitter asking about their college and where they stand. I'll just throw one out there, Okay, University of Missouri journalism, which is a compliment.
Speaker 2: I would say there they become a football ish program.
Speaker 6: They've had a few good years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that. Uh who is it Eli Eli drinkwater? Yeah yeah, I think he's done a pretty good job there.
Speaker 6: But in the eighties and nineties very basketball ish.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I go back to Steve Stepanovitch at Missouri. John Sunvold think.
Speaker 3: Was the point guard on that team. All Right, you got another school that people would like our opinion.
Speaker 6: On Stamford if you had to take away academics.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, their volleyball school, swimming school, swimming school.
Speaker 6: How about this, they're an Olympics factory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could I could see that that.
Speaker 6: May surpass their basketball or football acumen.
Speaker 2: Well their football program that pick up a white courtesy phone in a while, like what happened basketball is m Well, they were known for women's basketball more than men's basketball. Had somebody say well what about Oklahoma and I thought, well, wait a minute, Oklahoma is a football school. And then some people are saying, well what about the women's softball? I go, okay, yeah, all right. I don't know if that would go over well with the alumni, like hey, Oklahoma, well we're great at softball and you do dominate, but you guys want to be a football program, and you are.
Speaker 3: You are a football program. Yes, Marvin, it.
Speaker 8: Kind of hurt when Lincoln Riley and Caleb Williams both left. Yeah yeah, that's supposed to be the school that you go to, not leave.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Zach in Knoxville, Hi, Zach, what's on your mind today? Oh?
Speaker 10: Hey DP, thanks for taking my call. I know I just called into a national radio program, but if you could respect my privacy, I would appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Tiger.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 10: Based off your parameters of what you're talking about with schools being known for something, I think nationally it's what have you done lately, but in the city, it's what the historical context of it is. Because Tennessee will beat Akron and UT martin their first two football games, and then everybody's here saying it feels like ninety eight. But if you think about it, Rick Barnes, what he's done over the last eight or ten years is kind to turn them into a basketball school.
Speaker 9: And then you got to.
Speaker 10: Think about what Pat did. Pat Summit did here, and they're kind of a women's basketball that's the most prolific.
Speaker 3: Program though they used to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Zach, let me ask you the following Tennessee can win the SEC football championship or Tennessee can win the national title in basketball.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm not a Tennessee fan, and that's why I love being here.
Speaker 3: Heckling then, but I think they.
Speaker 10: Would take I think they would take the SEC championship.
Speaker 3: Where did you go to school?
Speaker 10: I went to Pellisippi State. I'm a community college along, but I'm from Connecticut actually, so I'm a Yukon.
Speaker 3: I'm a Yukon.
Speaker 2: Okay, if Yukon could win, No, you're not gonna never mind. I was going to say, if Yukon won their conference championship in football, or that the men's team or women's team won a national title.
Speaker 3: I know where you'd go, yes, Paul, I.
Speaker 6: Just looked up Pelissippi State Panthers and I don't know much about their background, but they have football and baseball and basketball.
Speaker 3: Pelissippi, Pelisippi State Panthers.
Speaker 6: It's a small school in uh Knoxville, Tennessee, Okay Community.
Speaker 2: College Emmitt in Connecticut. Hi, Ammitt, what's on your mind?
Speaker 7: Hey? Dan?
Speaker 12: Hey, I am at six to two and a scale two hundred to two thirty depending on the week.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 12: I think these schools all want to be what they're not, obviously being in the basketball capital of the world and a huge Dan Hurley fan. Now after Calhoun, they keep trying to make us a football school and we are everything but a football school.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Jim Mora I had some a little bit of success there, would you say, Marvin football wise?
Speaker 8: Yes, but kind trying to be a football school is what ruined Yukon basketball for a few years.
Speaker 3: It ruined the Big East, that's correct. They all wanted to have football programs.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you just ruined the best basketball conference in history.
Speaker 3: Harvey in Florida High. Harvey.
Speaker 7: Hey, Hey Dan, first time caller, longtime watcher, UH five seven. I'm eighty years old. Okay, I'm a walking, talking way back machine, and I can tell you to start with about University of Kentucky when they are aspired to be both a football and basketball.
Speaker 3: Powerhouse with Bear Bryant.
Speaker 7: Late forties and early fifties, Hey, among other things. I'm also I also have a linked to Paul's si U Carbondale. Anyway, I just I just got a lot of whole man things going for me. Okay. Eightolph RUPs teams in the late forties and early fifties were I mean they were, they were top drawer basketball. Of course, I even had pat Riley connection, a fellow that I played uh driveway basketball with was the manager of the team the UK when one of the managers when Pat pat Riley played. So, I mean, I can I can answer your question if you've got anything about Bear Bryant.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know I just mentioned Bear Bryant. But I'm I'm up against a commercial break here, Harvey. But you can always call in you want to call in and correct me. Yeah, Having eight off Rup and Bear Bryant at Kentucky with you RUPs, runts and Bear went from there to what Texas A and M and then he went to Alabama after that. Yeah, so Harvey's eighty years of age, He's got a lot of information. I think pat Riley jumps center when Kentucky played Texas El Paso or yeah, Texas Western in the National title game. I think pat Riley and that that wasn't a very tall Kentucky team. But I think Ryles was the he jumped center that day when they lost to Texas Western.
Speaker 3: All right, let me take a break now.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to show off for Harvey to let him know that I know what he knows. Getting old has some benefits. Sorry, we'll take a break. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Fox Sports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 13: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David, and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's.
Speaker 3: Going on in the world.
Speaker 13: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together, I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 3: That's Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 2: For the second time in two games, the Lakers, playing with Lebron and Luca, lost, so following a seven game absence by Lebron, they've lost their last two. They got roughed up by Orlando last night, so the victory snapped a six game losing streak at home for the Magic and you start to look at the Lakers. You lose that game, you're in a fourth place tie in the West with Memphis and a half game behind the third place Nuggets. The Nuggets have been playing without Joker for a while, but Lebron came back and he had twenty four eight and six. Luca had like twenty four to seven and seven. But now we're starting to get to that interesting time where you know, you start to look at where you're going to be seated, and who you're going to be playing with and against, and you know what the second round matchup could be, home court advantage, all of these things. Yeah, it feels like that, and I don't know, you know, jokers situation, but missing five games at this time of the year doesn't seem like they're too concerned with where they're going to be in the play they'll be in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: You just want to be in the top four. You want to have home court advantage there, Yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 6: Look at the West. The eighth seed right now is Minnesota with forty one wins. The two seed is Houston with forty six wins. Just five games up and down. It's going to vary over the next few weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just back and forth. I was watching Boston with Jason Tatum had a big night, but then he had an ankle injury in that win against the Sacramento Kings. You know, you have to give somebody a landing spot. And you know, they thank God that they police this because you would have guys who would do this. And I remember in high school they would get underneath you. They'd put your their foot underneath you, so when you go up to take a shot, you would see them invade your space. So if you came down, you were going to land on their foot and you were going to roll your ankle. And that I mean, they were good at outlawing that, making sure that you are if you go up you can come back down. But yet Tatum rolling his ankle, and but the Celtics did get the win, all right. You know, it's quiet week for the NFL, and sometimes that's when things get done. I know there was a lot of attention with Aaron Rodgers last week. Six hours in Pittsburgh. I don't know what you do in six hours in Pittsburgh unless you know you take a physical you watch, you know, some videos of the steel Curtain and you go to a Pirates game or something, but they're not even there. They're in spring training. But six hours, okay, did he get everything answered that he needed to get answered? Did the Steelers get everything answered that they needed to And you know, he might not sign with anybody until after the draft, which I go, no, it can't go on that long. If I'm Pittsburgh and I said this before you're Pittsburgh, I don't lower yourself. And you're probably gonna draft a quarterback if that quarterback is there, if Jackson Dart is there, I think you're going to draft a quarterback. But Aaron Rodgers, Okay, you wait, Minnesota doesn't feel like that's happening. I guess the Giants can still happen. Whatever the Giants are doing. Do they take Shador Sanders? You got Jamis Winston? What if you don't? What if Cleveland takes shud or you know. So there's all kinds of scenarios here, but it's quiet, and it feels like that's when something gets done. Russell Wilson, he's still he's waiting. What's he going to do? I mean, the Giants have Jamis, they don't Russ. But if you don't get shod or Sanders, do you want Jameis Winston as your starting quarterback? Or Tommy Salami what's his name? Tommy de Vito still there? Yeah, yeah, So there's there's things going on. I just don't know if we're going to have any movement anytime soon. But when it's quiet, that's usually when somebody's going to make a decision. The Puka Nakuas story. Now he's on a podcast and he's a wonderful player. He's turning twenty four, and he waited went into great detail of how long he's going to play in the NFL.
Speaker 14: I want to retire at the age of thirty. I'm twenty three right now. I'm going into year three. I think of Aaron Dnald, like man like to go out.
Speaker 6: At the top.
Speaker 14: I think it would be super cool, but they'll also be like yo, like I want to. I want to have a big family, just like I want. I want to have at least the starting five. I'm like, I can't have a big familus I need five boys. I need five boys for sure, that's cool, but also be like man, I want to be able to be a part of their lives and like, like be as active as I can with them. So I'm like, I don't want to be the injuries are something that you can't control part of the games. Like I'm man like, you never know. Hopefully like the rest of the Camara go healthy. But I'm like, man, you have soular surgery, you have knee surgery, you have ankle owner and be like yo, like, by the time my kids could be eighteen, I'm like, I could be very walking if I like, if you play the game and like you sustain all the injuries, I want to retire early.
Speaker 2: Okay, it sounds good in theory that you're going to play six more years, and that may feel like an eternity, like six more years because he's turning twenty four, you get that big contract, You're not you know now the rams if you're going to negotiate with him, you know that he says he's only going to play always thirty, and what kind of contract are you giving him? Do you have a contract that leads up to when he turns thirty, just to say all right, here's your contract. But it's almost like he's negotiating against himself. You know. If I'm the Rams, I'm like, uh, wait a minute, you're twenty nine. You want a three year deal. Didn't you say you were retiring at thirty. Yeah, that was a long time ago, when I was twenty three. Yeah, Paul, Yeah, Dan, you're right.
Speaker 6: The math doesn't add up for Puka to get that big contract based off what he's at now. He got the fifth round contract for four years. He'll be twenty seven in year one of his big deal. He only makes nine hundred and fifteen thousand a year. He makes a million next year, a million one in twenty twenty six. So if he got one of those four year whatever deals, it would start at age twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Would you rather have Puka Nakua or Bronck Perdy?
Speaker 6: That old fatafic? But you're right though, he's negotiating against himself with that hard window.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, all right. We'll get to more phone calls here. We got caught up in uh, what is your school? What's the identity of your school? And it started with Arkansas and people have asked, what about my alma Monter Dayton. We Dayton's of basketball school always has been, always will be. But they've had John Gruden who graduated from there, and Chuck Noell graduated from there. But it's a they've had success. Division three national champs. I think they beat Ithaca seventy three to nothing. No national title game, but yeah, it's a basketball school definitely. Here's here's something for you, you know, when you want to talk about the transfer portal and the impact it's had on the NCAA tournament. Twenty nineteen, the percentage of points from transfers in the tournament sixteen percent, went up to twenty eight percent, went up to thirty four percent, went up to forty four percent, went up to forty eight percent. This year, the percentage of points from transfers in the tournament fifty two point seven percent.
Speaker 15: Ow Stell of a Day Stan a day, Stall of a day, Stan a day. This is the Stele of the Day.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards to the show. Matt in Charlotte. Hi, Matt, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 16: You know?
Speaker 11: Five ten? I think, thank you. I think the biggest example playing out in this difference between you know, identifying your schools is at Penn State. I'm told they've won twelve to the last fifteen national titles in wrestling, which includes three different times four peaks in a row, which is just you know, that's that's better than UCLA.
Speaker 3: It's around back in the day.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, But how many schools have a wrestling program. Everybody has a basketball program, So we let's not compare it with UCLA. We're talking about a national reputation. I always known for their wrestling as well. I mean Oklahoma State for their wrestling, Penn State for their wrestling. But they're all football schools. They want to be football schools. Penn State is a football school. RJ in Iowa, Hi RJ.
Speaker 16: Hey guys six three, two thirty five. Dad played for the legendary coach Lucetta at HF PAULI.
Speaker 17: I think you might appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 16: The question I had for Dan was this transfer portal. In football, we hear about how they can't they can't start the transfer portal until the the semester's over. And now we're in basketball season and you're telling me that we can't start the we have to do it like before the semester's over. I don't really understand the logic between those two.
Speaker 2: And I mean, I'm still trying to figure this out of the timing of all of this, and maybe you know it's unavoidable because of the semesters that you're on and being able to transfer to a school and start the school, but it's just it's a bad look when you have the bowl season and transfer portal season and now you have March Madness than you have transfer portal Rob in Indiana High Rob.
Speaker 17: Hey, dan Ay a really long time. First time with your conversation about various colleges and what they're known for. How about strolling Wisconsin in there girls and boys hockey, basketball, football, what's your opinion?
Speaker 3: Well, I would say football.
Speaker 2: They've been really good in basketball, but I would say Wisconsin's a football school now, I mean we're throwing in other things women's you know, hockey. That's great for you if you go to Wisconsin or you live in Madison. I'm talking about nationally. When people say Wisconsin, what do you think of sports wise? And I think you think of football. It doesn't mean that, Hey, what about our baseball team? Or I get that. I'm talking about the What's the first thing that comes to mind when I say UCLA, it's basketball, USC it's football, like that's you know, there's certain Maryland.
Speaker 3: I don't have an opinion.
Speaker 8: Yes, Martmon, Yeah, Wisconsin is in a really good spot because one and you know, one season they can be playing for the Big Ten championship in football and then in March they'll be playing in the Final four. So they're in that really good spot of either one of those programs can make a deep run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not winning a national title, but still being competitive. They're in the picture in those sports. Luke and Ohio, Hi, Luke, what do you have for me?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 5: Dam hey, Luke. I was just wondering. I know it's probably getting repetitive, but you see Bearcats. I know they won some titles back in the early sixties, they went to the playoffs when I was going there in twenty twenty one. Would you consider them a football or basketball school?
Speaker 2: I would consider them football now. You know, they were very successful back in the sixties. I mean they had other pockets where they were very good in basketball. But I mean they've been in the playoffs. I think Cincinnati probably views itself as in Cincinnati's a college town too. They love their basketball. There was Xavier in Cincinnati. But I would say, you see is probably a football program.
Speaker 8: Yes, Marv, I'm gonna have a Paul Patts moment. I'm going with basketball because the uniforms are just phenomenal. Okaypacial uniforms in college.
Speaker 3: Basketball, Cincinnati has the best uniforms.
Speaker 8: Maybe I'm going with the Kenyan Martin Steve Logan Cincinnati ra or late nineties, early two thousands, they had the Jordan brand, the perfect color, perfect color scheme, black, red and white, perfection.
Speaker 3: I did not think I was getting that today. That was not on my bingo card.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul, if we're going to discuss the best uniforms in college basketball, you may have to remove North Carolina from the conversation. I'm not even a fan of them, especial because they're a football schools basketball uniforms.
Speaker 3: If Bill Belichick gets gets into the national title in missus Belichick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if she'll be missus Do you think she's gonna be Missus Belichick at at some point?
Speaker 6: He yes, Oh yeah, I'll take that.
Speaker 2: Okay, who gets married first, Travis Kelcey or Bill Belichick at all?
Speaker 3: Topic? Got it's good, she rev. Let me take a break. Let's ponder that question.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to just react off the top of you know, off the cuff here, something like that. All right, we'll take a break. Last call for phone calls, What we learn, What's in store tomorrow?
Speaker 1: After this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 3: Last call for phone calls? What we learn? What's in store tomorrow?
Speaker 2: And people got fired up on that topic of what is your school? What's it known for? I loved it Rick and Syracuse? What is Syracuse? What is Syracuse? When you think of Rick, I'll ask you Syracuse is a football school or a basketball school?
Speaker 5: I want to say basketball.
Speaker 17: Craig Fork went to my high school, but I don't know that.
Speaker 18: Or is it a lacross school.
Speaker 2: I would say it's a sports media school. I mean, in my world, you think of Syracuse. I mean you think of full Sale University, but you also think of Syracuse and Missouri and Northwestern Arizona State. Uh Frank frankin Connecticut, Hi Frank, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 18: Shout out to my neighbors Paulie and Marvin.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just want to.
Speaker 18: Say you're missing Saint John's. Saint John's is known as a basketball school, but we forget that it produced a great golfer, got a great golf team, Keegan Bradley. Yeah, major winner and now are Ryder Cup captain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let's be fair, Frank, Saint John's a basketball school. They don't have football, they have basketball, they do have a good golf program.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's what people think of.
Speaker 2: If all of the Danis didn't as you brought up Keegan Bradley, they didn't even realize Keigan Bradley went to Saint John's, Bob and Montana Hi, Bob, Oh, hey, DP.
Speaker 9: Everybody obviously knows that Montana is a football school, despite their men's basketball team last week playing a great first half against Wisconsin. But the real reason I'm calling is I'm curious. Is today a world record day for the DP show itself to the most number of callers? In which case of b I keep stats on this. Today couldn't be like your very own stat of the day for the most callers in history.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thank you, Bob. It could be.
Speaker 2: I didn't think of it, but yeah, could be all right, so who is engaged first, Travis Kelcey or Bill Belichick? Todd, I'll start with you.
Speaker 19: I'm gonna say Travis Kelcey, Setan, Travis Kelty, Marv Travis Kelcey, Paul Belichick.
Speaker 6: He's all in.
Speaker 2: Feels like there would be more pressure from her with Belichick than Taylor Swift with Travis Kelcey, because that might be you know, it'll be a Sunday and she'll say, Hey, I got an idea.
Speaker 3: Why don't we go engagement ring shopping? Sure? Sure, that sounds great, gues Ton. I guess not publicly.
Speaker 19: Is her family ever weighed in on this. Belichick's girlfriend's family on what they think of this whole thing and if you want to have children and how.
Speaker 3: Does that all work.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of little side topics, you know.
Speaker 19: It's just we're other than like she needs to be c seed on all his email. That's one thing, but there's a lot of stuff there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, why don't you do some research before you?
Speaker 18: Gy know?
Speaker 19: Oh, I love my twenty something year old marrying a seventy something You're old. Perfect, It's exactly how I envisioned it.
Speaker 6: So bizarre.
Speaker 3: Good for him though, thank you time.
Speaker 2: Would you if you're single and you're seventy years old and all of a sudden, a twenty four year twenty four year old comes up to you on a plane and says, hey, can I sit here?
Speaker 3: Hey? Would you like to go out to dinner? And you're gonna say, what, what time? Where were we? Exactly? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't make fun of it if if you were presented with the same scenario, or someone.
Speaker 19: With a daughter on the other end, I would have a I don't care how fa famous he is and richie is. That's just I would not want that for my daughter, for sure.
Speaker 3: No, But for you, Yes, for me, I'm like, let's go, let's.
Speaker 6: Go around the world in my boat.
Speaker 11: Let's go.
Speaker 5: What's going now?
Speaker 3: So Bellichick asked your daughter out, then you're to say no to that?
Speaker 9: I would.
Speaker 19: I would be very uncomfortable with my daughter.
Speaker 3: She's a little bit younger than Bill Belichick's girlfriend.
Speaker 19: She's she's not gonna be twenty in a few weeks. Yeah, okay, but it's still in the ballpark of very odd and uncomfortable on the female parents side.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: Once I saw the Belichick girlfriend beach photos, nothing can surprise me with this relationship. Yeah nothing, Yeah, yeah, you sent those to me and I thought you'd been duped.
Speaker 3: Paulie goes, that's not real. Yes, I go no, it's real. It's real.
Speaker 2: And and there's video of it where he's on the he's on his back on the beach and holding her up with his legs and she's I can fly, and I go wow.
Speaker 3: Yes, paul I.
Speaker 6: Can almost understand him approving the act of them at a private beach or their backyard, but allowing someone to film it is next.
Speaker 3: Level and then letting it go viral.
Speaker 6: Right wagging the dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, that dude din't get married. I don't think so either. Well, no, he was married for like thirty years. He ain't get married. Okay, Pie of the Face.
Speaker 6: I guess the room. Yeah, before we're done.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you think in the next three years Belichick gets engaged?
Speaker 11: Yep?
Speaker 2: Does anybody want to take so Seaton? You want to take Paulie up on that?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 3: All right, Pie of the Face, Marvin, I will too, all right, Todd, he's got so many rings. Why does he need another word? He's got plenty of rings on. I love this.
Speaker 4: There's a very unusual confidence coming from Paul about this that he's just like, oh yeah, guys, trust me, this is this is happening.
Speaker 3: I know about these things. Guys, trust me, this is happening. Okay, I you.
Speaker 2: Know what, We're gonna clip that off and then we'll bring that back in two and a half years.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, trust me.
Speaker 6: It may already be engaged.
Speaker 2: Well we know, okay, maybe that's what Paul is Wow, all right, maybe some inside information I know a geriatric love details this is this is yeah Auto in Atlanta, hiatto, what's on your mind?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 5: Guys, just wanted to chime in real quick about what your school was known for.
Speaker 3: Georgia Tech.
Speaker 17: Is it football, men's basketball, or baseball?
Speaker 2: You're known for engineering? You got great great football uniforms. Great, I'm gonna say football. Yeah yeah, yeah, PAULI.
Speaker 6: But that window of coolness with their basketball team in the early nineties was awesome. Yeah, he's a weapon three.
Speaker 2: But I'm not letting other schools live off of that. So it's right right now. What do you think Georgia Tech is? I would say a football school.
Speaker 3: How about this Dane sports history Paul.
Speaker 6: Wayne Gretzky became the first player in NHL history to score two hundred points in a single season. That was eighty two.
Speaker 3: He was twenty over rated.
Speaker 6: Oh it's some bad news. Nineteen ninety seven, the Hartford Whalers announced they would move from Connecticut Carolina Hurricanes dam.
Speaker 3: And immediately won the Stanley Cup. If I'm not.
Speaker 2: Mistaken, still one of those moments that I don't know if I would take it back. But I was at the Jim Valvano celebrity golf event in Carrie, North Carolina and talking to Sean Burke and I don't know who the other guy was, Kevin Deneen or somebody, and I'm I'm just saying, how their owner terrible, what he did to Hartford, bab you know, just going on and on and on about this missed. You know, he led to Hartford, the guy standing right next to us, and you could see that both of the hockey players were like motioning over with their eyes, and I'm like, man, they got weird tics going on, like what's going on with that? And I I and then I and he they said, oh, this is our owner.
Speaker 3: What was his name?
Speaker 2: Last name carab began with a K, but they he introduced himself and I said, you know, I don't take anything back, but it was like coke cock, no, no, karb, carab something.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to call.
Speaker 4: Him that bad word and act like I wasn't.
Speaker 3: It was a coke cock. What is it, Todd.
Speaker 19: I'm just I'm just listening that you.
Speaker 3: Were googling it, that you were googling it had what we learned, ready, that's what we learned. What we learned. What we learned is I can't remember the Peter Carmanos.
Speaker 2: There you go, car Peter, get it. Peter, have a great day, everybody. Talk to you tomorrow.