Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Serial Killers with a C. This is episode seven.
Speaker 2: We've made it, Andrew, I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: Well, what happens when we get to ten?
Speaker 2: Let's throw a serial party confetti?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, like a funfetti cereal.
Speaker 1: I don't think they have that. All right, maybe multimeal makes it. I'll get down below, I can get a bag of that. Wait, you're gonna sing a theme song?
Speaker 2: I'll do like. I'll try a rap this time. It's Serial Killers with a C. That's right, cheerios.
Speaker 1: No, I gotta stop here.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: Hey, if anyone out there like writes music, send us a jingle. We'll make it our theme song.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that's a great idea, because I'm trying and it's not working out too well.
Speaker 1: No, it isn't so anyway, I appreciate that. No problem today is going to be very sugary. Can we say that?
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a classic and a new one.
Speaker 1: Okay, and both of them, like, really, my mom probably would never let me have for breakfast because there's they're really sugaring.
Speaker 2: I never understood parents that wouldn't let their kids have certain cereals. I felt like this cereal is bad for you just period.
Speaker 1: Well not if you're eating cheerios or rice crispies or cornflakes, but those are boring. Kids don't want to eat that crup.
Speaker 2: No, there's no sugar, no taste, no.
Speaker 1: So yeah, where do you want to go first? You want to go classic, you want to go new because you're going to love them both. I think I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's flip a coin. Flip. Okay, it says heads, which means chocolate berry crunch or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: You can't say what it is until you say new cereal.
Speaker 2: Well, the box is sitting right there.
Speaker 1: I'm very bad at hiding stuff anyway, So yes, okay, we'll go with the new one first. This is Captain Crunches chocolatey berry Crunch.
Speaker 2: I love Captain Crunch, the old cap'n okay, I love Cappin Crunch.
Speaker 1: This is a limited edition m It's Here's the thing though, it is a new cereal, but it was on the clearance rack at Target, so I'm not quite sure what that means.
Speaker 2: The one thing that I will say about Cappin Yeah, is the aftertaste it leaves in your mouth. It always feels like it leaves like a film in your mouth.
Speaker 1: And it also cuts the roof of y thing. But that's the original. This one may be different. Let's because the roof. Who opened this bag? Look at it's torn to shreds.
Speaker 2: Scott has a thing with opening bags. They have to be very specific in the way they're open.
Speaker 1: Well, do you understand if they're torn down the middle? You can roll it all you want, it's gonna get stale.
Speaker 2: Have we were discussed people that use like those bins?
Speaker 1: Yes, we did an episode two.
Speaker 2: Okay, someone went back and listened to all the episode.
Speaker 1: I remember I told you that my grandma put it right in the bin right away, and I would never eat it because it wasn't a plastic container. Who knows where it came from.
Speaker 2: I honestly can't remember, like things that happened twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 1: So I okay, here, so I'm pouring the capt'n crunch chocolatey berry.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, what was it?
Speaker 1: I said, cat cappin now, Oh boy, So the red looks like crunchberries from the Crunchberry cereal.
Speaker 2: It smells like know what? It smells like comy and it makes me sad like whenever there's a box of chocolate like good Diva and you're like, oh, this one looks good, and then it has that weird raspberry jam and you're like, nasty, this is what I'm worried it's gonna taste.
Speaker 1: Like, alright with you? So this is a sweetened corn and oat cereal. Here's the keyword that I don't like is chocolatey, because when they say chocolated, there's probably not a whole hell of a lot of chocolate in it, because I think there's some kind of ruling with a you know, FDA or whatever the hell it is that it has to be a certain percentage of real chocolate for you to be able to say chocolate E. It is naturally and artificially flavored. Okay, I do see cocoa powder in the ingredient, so there is some type of chocolate in here, all right, But there's all kinds of other stuff I cannot pronounce and things with asterisks. So good job, quaker.
Speaker 2: Let's just all I'm going to say is that when it's when it's the they don't even go into detail. It's just a red sugar puff and they're like, it's berry.
Speaker 1: It's some sort of berry.
Speaker 2: It's vague berry.
Speaker 1: It's so here we go. Our milk today a little bit thicker.
Speaker 2: All right, thick with two seas. It's right.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means, but I will laugh at it. Okay, all right, here goes?
Speaker 2: Here we go?
Speaker 1: Should we cheers our spoons?
Speaker 2: There's just Captain grunge.
Speaker 1: There's definitely I hate when people stare at us. Garrett is making faces outside. He can't have this anyway because he's diabetes. I do taste. I definitely taste Captain crunch.
Speaker 2: There's no chocolate. It's literally just Captain grunch with brown pieces in it, which I'm not hating on because I actually really like the taste of Captain crunch.
Speaker 1: You know, I like. I like when the pieces get soggy in the middle. I don't know why we did that with honeycomb, yep, even though I hated freaking honeycomb. But you know, I'm gonna let this actually fester than milk for a second.
Speaker 2: Fester. I want this thing sounds better than cereal. Let's fester because.
Speaker 1: I want to see if if it actually makes chocolate, if the milk is a little chocolate, then there may actually be some cho you do you really yep?
Speaker 2: Is it my favorite? No, but the fact that it just tastes like half the crunch with no chocolate taste, it really don't.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan. I definitely got that, and I haven't had cap'n Crunch in years.
Speaker 2: Oh it's one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: But I definitely know the taste peanut.
Speaker 2: Butter crunch, Oh my god, all day every day. What is the origin of Captain cap'in Crunch?
Speaker 1: Okay, you can't put me on the spot because I did not do any research. I usually know a lot about cereal. But I mean, he's been around, probably since the seventies. I can around. He's had different voices, no way, because the original Captain died. Oh here comes David Brody. He's probably when that ripped the bag open.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry I did not. The bag was already partially mangled. It was opened left handed, because Scotty's left handed. He only opens up if you poured it with the back facing you. I would never do that. I was port with the front facing me. Therefore I have to open the other side of the bag. But it was already mangled, like someone tried.
Speaker 1: It was not me this time, however, you did rip open the cocoa Crispy bag.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, would you like to try some chocolate coco berry Captain Crunch? I already did. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I found it to be much more enjoyable than regular Captain Crunch, which I'm not a fan of. I thought the chocolate cut the fruit down and it made it more balanced.
Speaker 1: Should I be looking at the milk?
Speaker 3: Milk was quality. It was strawberry, but a little hint to chocolate, which I kind of enjoyed. Yeah, the milk was good. Post Cereal milk not to be confused with Post Cereal was excellent.
Speaker 1: By the way, I check out Brooklyn Boys podcast. Thanks good enough to cut that out.
Speaker 2: I am going to give this three bowls and a spoon.
Speaker 1: It's funny because the milk is red, does not have a lot of flavor. Though, No, I don't know what's going on with this Cereal. This is some like.
Speaker 2: Actually, I mean I'm knocking it down, spoon. I'm doing just three bowls.
Speaker 1: Look how excited he is though on the box, Oh cappin, He's so happy to be putting two great flavors in one box.
Speaker 2: Can I just say, who decorates the back of like the cereal boxes. Like, who's the one that decided.
Speaker 1: A marketing genius.
Speaker 2: It's like a bowl of pudding with just red pieces of cappin.
Speaker 1: That's recipe. There's a recipe on here, I know.
Speaker 2: But it just is so weird that they mix like realistic pudding and cereal bits.
Speaker 1: Chocolate box chocolate berry crunch is a great topping on vanilla pudding, mocha latte, ice cream, and yogurt. It's good to know.
Speaker 2: I feel like these pieces inside of ice cream. I mean, my mouth will be destroyed.
Speaker 1: Look here, here's all the flavors on the side. There's regular original cap'n crunch It, peanut butter crunch amazing, and crunchberries. Crunchberries is still the.
Speaker 2: Thing, fantastic. Crunchberries are the best out of all of them.
Speaker 1: They borrowed some of these red berries from Crunchberries.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna put this idea out there to who makes the cereal Oh this is Quaker to Quaker make frosted cappin crunch, I'm into it, dude.
Speaker 1: It can't get much more frosted than this.
Speaker 2: Now, I want frosted pieces.
Speaker 1: That's instant, like fallover.
Speaker 2: I want diabetes.
Speaker 1: You've got it anyway, all right? So great? Are you doing three balls?
Speaker 2: Three bowls?
Speaker 1: Three balls for the chocolate berry Crunch from Captain Crunch? And I will do three balls as well. It's not often that we agree, but this is not something I would have every day, but I would have from time to time. Although it is limited edition and it's about to go away, so and you can't even try it.
Speaker 2: So I feel like this was probably released during Halloween and you just got it.
Speaker 1: No, No, this is a this is relatively new. The best before date is August fourth, so you know it's really not old.
Speaker 2: They just get to taste.
Speaker 1: We're just rambling here. We're already a ten minutes so we haven't even gotten to the classic. So let's move on to the class of the classic. This week is do you want me to give you a hint? Okay, can you follow your nose?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, it always knows good flavors you want. My nose was invented for the time.
Speaker 1: Just follow my nose, and it always knows dogs. Group of cereals. With that groupfood flavors are lemon, cherry, and lots. Now, since that commercial aired in the early eighties. There's more than just orange, lemon and cherry. There's now green. I don't know what the hell that flavor is because it's not apple and it's not lime. Oh you know, we're gonna have to do a taste test here. There's also purple, and there's blue.
Speaker 2: So blue is blueberry?
Speaker 1: No, it's not. There's nothing. There's no fruit anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says natural fruit flavors.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what, Let's see what the natural fruit flavors are. I don't see any fruit flavors.
Speaker 2: Now this is from Christmas, and I'll tell you why because it get free holiday gift. Shut up, Andrew, you're bringing in your nasty old cereal.
Speaker 1: It's not old. It was sealed and it has a best of data. Also. Wow. August ninth, twenty nineteen. Well, it's artificial flavors. They don't expect anything to expire artificial. It's naturally flavored. I don't see any fruit flavoring in the ingredients, but it is naturally flavored. Okay, so let's tear into this thing.
Speaker 2: I love fruit loops. I feel okay, here's a question for you. Yeah, so like the Avengers came out right and you know, it's like the best of the best superheroes. Sure, who's on your Avengers serial team?
Speaker 1: Like you mean characters?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like who heads it?
Speaker 1: Fred Flintstone? Shut up?
Speaker 2: He makes a crossover appearance.
Speaker 1: No, he's from Fruity and Cocoa pilas I know.
Speaker 2: But he's originally from the TV show The Flintstones. Yes, so it's like he made a crossover appearance.
Speaker 1: Cereal. Yeah, hold on, I want you to close your eyes for a second.
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like this is gonna get better.
Speaker 1: Orange shut up for real? Yeah that was orange. Hold on, I'll try to stick my finger in your mouth this time, right m m.
Speaker 2: That one tastes blue?
Speaker 1: Nope, yellow? One more time?
Speaker 2: Ready, M.
Speaker 1: I don't want to stick my fingers in your mouth.
Speaker 2: Well, just hand it to me and I'll put Okay, red, that was red.
Speaker 1: I think you're just guessing now you're lucky.
Speaker 2: But I know the flavors.
Speaker 1: You know, it's the same thing. People say skittles all taste the same, but I can tell the difference. They really are.
Speaker 2: Well skin skittles, well skittles, I feel like have has distinct tastes. Has there ever been a skittle Cereal?
Speaker 1: No? But perhaps we should suggest it.
Speaker 2: I mean, they make Reese's Puff cereal. Back to your Avengers list. Who's so Fred Flintstone heads it?
Speaker 1: I think Fred Flintstone leads it up. Okay, Digham has to be in there somewhere. Tagum, Yeah, I love it. Digam's the man?
Speaker 2: Okay, who's the villain?
Speaker 1: Count Chocula?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wait, aren't they making movies based off of cereals? Now?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think there are one hundred percent making a Count Chocula movie. I'll have to discuss this.
Speaker 1: There's a Count Chocular movie? I don't I really don't think there is.
Speaker 2: We'll start doing promos for it, free ads for you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, so classic cereal fruit loops. Kelloggs makes it, and it's a multitude of colors. Let's see. Hmmm, alright, Grugby. It tastes the same as I always remember. It's awesome and even when it was only lemon, cherry and orange, it still tastes the same. Yeah, it's delicious.
Speaker 2: I give this five bowls.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is the first perfect score.
Speaker 2: I just it's so good. You can't go wrong with them. And you know what, same thing. I like them when they're a little soggier. H but this is perfect when they got crunched, They're good. There's just an all around good cereal. You can't go wrong with fruit loop.
Speaker 1: And the fruity milk. I mean the f O T I E milk? Wait?
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, what is it?
Speaker 1: I mean? You don't how fruit is smelled, don't you?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, did you not know that it was f r o O T I did? I did?
Speaker 1: I think you didn't?
Speaker 2: But you said, wait, so what is the milk?
Speaker 1: F r O O T I E? Shut up? Or is it a y? I don't even know? I think a yu. Wait?
Speaker 2: Okay, so dig them two? Can Sam has to be in it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's got a great sense of smell. He couldn't lead you.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Fred Flintstone heads it up. Then we have dig them? Yeah we have two, can't Sam? I think Kappin should be in there.
Speaker 1: Really? Oh yeah, it is a good sailorship if need be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, duh, all right, his superpower would.
Speaker 1: Be great about snap, crackle and pop. But they're small so they can like run into a little place.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think they get their own spinoff movie. This is so stupid. Let's just wrap this up since it's been really long.
Speaker 2: What did you give froot loops?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, four balls? I'm going to give it four balls.
Speaker 2: What it's missing from this perfection?
Speaker 1: It's not perfection. There should be a marshmallow or two. One of these days I will get to a perfect score. But I just I'm not there yet. Okay, I'm not there yet. So thank you for checking out our seventh episode.
Speaker 2: This is crazy, and thank you guys so much for following along. Make sure you subscribe on iHeartRadio and wherever you're listening to your podcasts.
Speaker 1: And follow us on Twitter at Serial Killers PC. That is surreal with a C.
Speaker 2: Please, I have never had so many mentions in my Twitter before. I can't believe people are actually listening to this thing.
Speaker 1: And we're going to start coming up with some other segments and concepts and silly jingles and songs and junk as we go along, because this is all a work in progress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're figuring out what to actually do and say as we're a live as you can tell, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Feel free to help us out and send us ideas and suggestions. Thank you again for listening. This is serial killers. And I'm Scotty Bee. That's Andrew. And until next time, Crunch, said the Captain.
Speaker 2: Oh god,