Speaker 1: Second date of date DA dating older women. It's like adult braces, because we're gonna get to a point in your life where it's like, gosh, I probably need it. I know it's good for me, but it's also gonna be weird because everyone around me is gonna see me, They're gonna be judging me for it. I'm gonna try and keep it a secret, you know, keep my mouth shut. Literally. That is a younger man's perspective on dating up above his age. One day, one day, I might get to the point where I need adult braces and I need an older woman. But one of our listeners says he's brave enough to admit it right here on our show, and even braver to admit that she's not calling him back after their date. Okay, so let's talk to him. Nate, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hi, thanks for having me brave.
Speaker 3: Why is this brave?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Why is like that is such a weird r to take on it to deal with them, It's such a weird thing to say, like how much older is this woman? I mean, I guess if she's thirty years older, then that's a yeah, that's a thing to tax.
Speaker 1: What your retirement home. Did you meet this?
Speaker 2: I didn't meet her at a retirement home. I met her on a dating.
Speaker 3: App okay, okay? And what's your guys' age gap? Do you know?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm thirty two and she's forty nine.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not like you're a twenty two year old. That would be weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, only because like what do you want to do with a twenty two year olds?
Speaker 1: Are kind of which did the matter? It's seventeen years difference between the two of them, is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That sounds about right.
Speaker 3: That's a big gap, but you know it's not undoable.
Speaker 1: Notice what's her name?
Speaker 2: By the way, her name is Laurie okay.
Speaker 1: And how did you find Lauri online?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: I decided, after a long time of just using dating apps, like with people around my own age, that I needed.
Speaker 2: To branch out, okay, because I was getting kind of bored.
Speaker 5: So what do you think like an older woman has to offer you instead of a woman in her thirty.
Speaker 6: Well obviously experienced wisdom, but frankly, I just wanted something neway.
Speaker 5: Okay, And there's probably not much pressure for like babies and marriage because I could be her daughter.
Speaker 3: That's done.
Speaker 1: Actually, might be going out with your mom.
Speaker 3: I mean no, my mom is not Laurie. Thank god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you went out with Laurie. Where'd you guys go?
Speaker 2: You know, we want to have to eat.
Speaker 3: We had a nice time, really, like, what'd you guys connect over?
Speaker 2: We just sort of talked. She actually invited me out and picked the place. She's much more successful than I am. She was like, I'm going to treat you.
Speaker 1: Yes, the older people tend to be for some reason, it comes to the territory.
Speaker 3: They just have more money.
Speaker 1: You didn't feel emasculated at all?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I'm a pretty progressive guy, you know I'm not. I don't need to be quote unquote the man all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure we should.
Speaker 1: When you say that she was successful, what do you mean by that? Like you talking about her job, sort of.
Speaker 2: Dealing her job. She's a businesswoman, she's like, is one of like a higher up some company. Like she's like a boss.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 1: What do you do do you mind us asking?
Speaker 2: I am a valet.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's a boss. You're an employee.
Speaker 5: Did you notice, like at any point in your guys' conversation like, oh god, we do come from two different generations.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: I initially I was worried about that, but it ended up working. Okay. We talked about video games a lot, Like we talked about Rocket League, which is crazy, Like I can't believe that she even knows knows Rocket Lead you get all.
Speaker 3: Was there anything like sexy about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she plays video games, Brooke. That is sexy to.
Speaker 5: A man, you know, but I mean to her, it probably feels like she's talking to a teenage boy.
Speaker 3: I don't know she brought it, did she or did he bring it up? She just knew what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were just talking about what we were into, and I said, lately, I've been playing a lot of Rocket League, and she was like, I know a Rocket League.
Speaker 3: She didn't just say, oh, it's a game with the.
Speaker 5: Rockets, it's actually a card game, or like I buy it for my sons.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Nate tell us, was there any like weird stuff that happened during the day.
Speaker 2: I mean, like the waier thought it was weird. Like the waiter was kept looking at me like really, man.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's kind of rude.
Speaker 1: Imagine Nate, She's like drawing with crayons. What so, how did the night end?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: I invited her back to my place, which she declined, which is in her right to do, okay, and then she gave me a kiss on the forehead.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, I told you if she thinks of him as like it's.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, back in the day, I used to take things a lot slower romantically. So you started with a forehead kiss and then you slowly there's way more basis back in the day. I bet she kissed the surfer on the forehead?
Speaker 4: Was I born in the nineteen fifties or forties or something like? Have you seen what Alexis's mom is wearing out on it?
Speaker 3: He's not doing four head cans.
Speaker 1: No, don't wear much. Let's you left the date she went home. What's happened since then?
Speaker 6: Well, I've been trying to get a second date, but she's like really busy. I mean, she's got this crazy job and everything. But she did try to see if I was free this coming Tuesday at two pm?
Speaker 3: So weird time. Did you say yes or no to Tuesday at.
Speaker 2: Two I said no because I'm at work. I mean, I'd love to meet her at two pm on a Tuesday. But okay, I'm parking cars man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 3: And then she's just been elusive when you've asked her out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, this is definitely a new one for us.
Speaker 3: You don't think it's just that she's not interested because he's a younger guy that spent the day talking about video games and he, you know, doesn't have an equal job to her.
Speaker 1: I don't see a single wrong thing that what she said there, so.
Speaker 2: She wouldn't need at all.
Speaker 9: Though.
Speaker 2: The thing, I think if she didn't like me, she.
Speaker 1: Pursued him on the app like she swiped right on him, just the same way she swiped right on her, or whatever.
Speaker 3: You have ideas, so that they turn out to be not as great as he thought. I don't okay, I.
Speaker 1: Don't appreciate that attitude. Coming into the second part, we're going to call this lovely, mature woman who is totally into you one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to call her that when we talked to her.
Speaker 1: Okay, whatever the right thing to call her is. We're going to figure that out, and then we'll try and get you a second date update. Right after this second date update, we have a guy on the line named Nate, who just revealed to us he went on a date with a woman seventeen years his senior.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a big gaps in size.
Speaker 1: They're not connecting afterwards, and I know the girls in the room think it's because he was too immature and she's not going to want to talk to him about video games and Rocket League and that was a turn off, a gap, So yeah, excuse me, let me remind me you the And to my left, Jose Bolanos plays video games all the time and he's the most mature person I know. Hit him up at hilarious Jose on Twitch and find out what a catch he truly is. And I will say, for the record, I am the most single person I know. That's my choice. Maybe that's not how cool. No woman holds him down and that's why, But I also think that's it. I think our listener name brought up a good point to the ladies. Think she regrets going out with a younger guy after the date, but she's the one who is asking him to hang out.
Speaker 3: Again, Not a younger guy, just him and ask him time. No one's ever free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Tuesday, just the point that she's reaching out still engaging him asking to see him again. I mean that must mean something, right.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, like me to some degree. But she hasn't answered my last.
Speaker 3: Four tex She's busy. Okay, she's busy. She's a career woman.
Speaker 1: Let's just give it a shot. Respect a lady forever. We need to call and find out. I've never called someone this old one before, so I want to do that.
Speaker 3: When we're on the phone with her, she is going to hang up on us.
Speaker 1: Okay, I won't say it.
Speaker 3: Do we need Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: I'm not crossing any body parts. I won't say it. Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi? Is this slurry.
Speaker 8: Speaking calling?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sorry, you're on the radio right now. Your voice kind of took me by surprise. I don't know, Uh, I know why you have some weird I'm sorry. We're show called broken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, why are you calling?
Speaker 3: It's a great question, Laurie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We do a segment called the Second Date Update, and that's where we help our listeners who have gone out with somebody hook up with them one more time, go out with them one more I don't know if.
Speaker 7: You have I think you might have the wrong number.
Speaker 8: I'm so sorry?
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you the LORI that went up with a guy recently named Nate to dinner? Oh god, a little younger than you.
Speaker 3: What, I'm sorry? How do I know that you are having a reaction right now to that name?
Speaker 1: Sorry, We're not trying to like make this awkward for you, But Nate reached out to our show and told us that you guys went out and he's been trying to see you again.
Speaker 3: But oh god, he really liked you.
Speaker 5: Oh no, okay, okay, why.
Speaker 10: I'm well, I just I don't I think something got like some lires have been crossed here.
Speaker 1: We're we're a little bit confused because he told us that you even mentioned a specific time and a date like two o'clock on a Tuesday, where you wanted to meet up with you couldn't make it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well, I'm just I feel bad because I had to be honest. I haven't been one hundred percent up front with him about my I guess my intentions for wanting to meet up with him.
Speaker 5: You met him on the dating app, right, Like, I mean, if you meet anybody on a dating ap, it feels like the intention is to date romantic.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you're just looking for a fling.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm married.
Speaker 3: Wait wait what? Oh wow, what do you mean you're married? Why do you want an app?
Speaker 7: I don't mean to be on a dating the dating part.
Speaker 9: I play on this app and you can, you can look for friendship. I was, you know, I put on my profile.
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Woit? So you were on the wrong section or he.
Speaker 3: Was on the wrong section.
Speaker 1: Did you did that come up during your date that you're trying to be his friend?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 7: I I guess I didn't. I wasn't like explicitly saying, you know, I'm just looking for a friend.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 8: I just what's happening is I have a step son and he is he's seventeenth and he can't drive. He can't think you're aft driving? And I was looking at this app.
Speaker 9: You know, some friends of mine use it, and they said, you know, take a look because sometimes you can meet people that have different skills that can actually help you out in the real world.
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 11: They came across Nate's profile and I saw he's a valet and my son is having trouble with parking, Like.
Speaker 5: Why wouldn't you just be out front and ask him like hey and tell him what's going on as soon as you message him on the app.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean he we were talking about, you know, what do you like to do in your spare time? And so Nate brought up that he likes to play this game, Rocket League, and I was like, oh, I know Rocket League because I have a kid who plays Rocket League.
Speaker 3: Oh that's how you know?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, this is clearing up a lot of things. Yeah. I don't know what to say other than we need to tell you that Nate is on the other line right now and has been listening to this conversation.
Speaker 4: Oh great, okay, God, wouldn't that be good because now it's clear Nate, I mean, actually.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think this is I mean, I don't I can't believe he wouldn't just talk to me, but I could.
Speaker 1: Now's your chance to do it, Nate.
Speaker 2: You there, Yeah, I'm here. I'm in shocked.
Speaker 5: Nate, did you have any idea she was looking to just hire you to help her son?
Speaker 2: No? And I'm regretting calling the radio about it.
Speaker 3: That's a little embarrassing.
Speaker 7: Why do you think I bought you dinner?
Speaker 9: I bought you dinner. It wasn't a date.
Speaker 7: I didn't want you to think it was a date.
Speaker 9: It was like sort of an interview.
Speaker 4: You know, you don't want a dinner for interviews, Like I've never taken a babysitter out to dinner because I wanted. I've never been like, hey, is there a young thirty something man that wants to babysit my kids and let me take you out to dinner.
Speaker 1: Like that just seems you should give it a try.
Speaker 3: Works out really, well, that's weird, it doesn't because she's here.
Speaker 7: Well on the app, we were chatting before the date, and he was saying how he was interested in, you know, in other business and e commerce, and so I have experience in that, and I thought, you know, I'll scratch his back if he can scratch mine.
Speaker 3: I think literally.
Speaker 1: Some actual skin to skin contact.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 1: I can't see that.
Speaker 3: Like, I can see why there's a miscommunity.
Speaker 1: And Nate, are we clearing things up for a year.
Speaker 2: So just to be clear, the two PM thing, that's not like a hangout afternoon delight sort of Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Have to hang out with him on a Tuesday at two.
Speaker 9: No, my son's off from school at that time, so you know.
Speaker 10: I just thought, see that's perfect time for driving lesson before the cross lessons, or.
Speaker 3: A perfect time before your husband gets home.
Speaker 5: I don't know still, but okay, no, you can go to.
Speaker 7: My profile right now, I says, looking for friendship.
Speaker 1: Okay, hot tip. Men don't read the profiles.
Speaker 2: That just usually means you're not looking for something serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I.
Speaker 5: Mean maybe include a picture of you and your husband next time.
Speaker 3: That could be something else.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I guess I'll do that.
Speaker 2: I will do that.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, we still have Nate on the phone with us here. Maybe there's some sort of deal that we could strike up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, are you still looking for like helping your son out, because like I could use some money.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's interested.
Speaker 2: I'll pick money over the forehead kiss any day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm probably about the forehead kiss. I honestly, I didn't know what to do there.
Speaker 5: I do that to all my babysitters and people that help with my kids too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't day. When we leave, it's super awkward.
Speaker 10: I mean, I'm I'm absolutely willing, you know, if the offer stands, I'm willing to help you out with some business business document and you know different tips and everything.
Speaker 7: If you can help me with my son.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: What do you say, Nate, this once of a lifetime opportunity.
Speaker 2: You know, I've got your number. Let's work something out.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now I actually paying for a real business dinner this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well look at that, Nate. We're trying to hook you up with like a romantic partner, but we may have just gotten you a part time job instead.
Speaker 2: We go, you know what, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: Hey, make sure to put us on your LinkedIn. Okay, we'll do it.
Speaker 1: It'll be a reference for you.
Speaker 3: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: We get a lot of text in seventy five nine two from people saying they meet friends on these dating apps all the.
Speaker 3: Time dating apps. Will you go in the friend part b FF?
Speaker 1: You could meet friends on the dating part two? According to our listeners, it's more common than you'd think. Should we set up a friend Maybe we should set up a friend seeking profile for Brooke on Tinder.
Speaker 3: Sketchy dude.
Speaker 1: To have all these people who want to be your friend, you can reject them one by one, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or just claim I just hiring him for my kid.
Speaker 1: I swear now you get it, then you'll end up on some other morning show during another second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so sketchy. All that is so sketchy.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it's not for everybody, but if you ever do go out on a date, please just let's save it for the dates. Yeah, we're not doing the friend match online for this second. Yeah. If your friend's not calling you back.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry that hurts more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, painful. No, if you want help hooking up your romantic live email the show, we'll call that person wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning