Speaker 1: And That's what You Really Missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and That's what You Really miss podcast. We have a returning customer. One returning customer.
Speaker 2: A vip AN MVP of season five, cord Over Street is here.
Speaker 1: We remind him of a lot of things. There's a lot of thoughts involved, but Cord is just Chords here.
Speaker 2: He's got a lot going on. We have a great little catchup. Yeah, he's so busy, and we quiz him on what he remembers about season five, and let me tell you, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Just like us.
Speaker 2: So get ready buckle up for the best. The person who could have chemistry with an aunt anything and an ant I don't know.
Speaker 1: Cord Over Street. Thanks for popping on, Cord.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, me get to see you guys.
Speaker 2: We've we've been. We just finished watching season five. I don't know how much of it you remember? Zero Yeah, y'all go.
Speaker 1: To New York only New York for a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't remember much of it, to be honest. I'll see I'll get tagged and stuff here and there.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh, I forgot we did that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dank a couple of highlights. Kevin was like syphilis, yes, thank you, Chamydia closed.
Speaker 4: Okay, Chami and fake life and in real.
Speaker 2: Life, wow wow everyone get tested. Get no.
Speaker 3: I don't really remember much of the season five, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Well, you sort of took over as the The beginning of the season was awful, you know, like we were going through a really tough time personally, and so the show had to be rethought out. We were just trying to like get through our days. And then I am sort of became the de facto new like leader of you know, like I don't know of all of us, right, like sort of stepped in and like took over Finn's mantle a bit and then went to New York and we brought back Sam sades. Like you had a lot to do actually in this season, Like you became and you were fine and you were dramatic.
Speaker 1: And didn't watch it neither Tony. But I wasn't in it, That's why. But you were, like you are the star.
Speaker 2: You're acting your ass off court.
Speaker 4: Oh thanks, guys. You guys are sweet.
Speaker 1: Even when like you had that crazy storyline where you and Mercedes were dating. Sam and Mercedes were dating and you had that crazy storyline where you like met her friends, and you had like all these very cringing microaggression things that you had to do and pull off, and yet you were still so charming and so good and so funny, and even despite all of the wild storylines, it was like you were just really really great.
Speaker 4: I mean, I remember there's like one moment from that that's like still cracks me up because I'm like, I don't know if you'd be able to get away with it, but I was like, I think I was able to get away with it because you're just you have to just just dive into it. But it was just like one of those things where I remember it was like I feel like it was raining, but we were on the lot and walking on like running across the street to meet her background singers.
Speaker 3: Yes, And in the script that.
Speaker 4: Was like he does a Kevin Hart doing a Chris Tucker or one of the other the other way around.
Speaker 3: And it was like, oh no, the line was.
Speaker 4: Cloud it would take me. Oh they kiss that fat ass. No, that's like the first thing I say to.
Speaker 3: It was like, no, it's in there.
Speaker 4: It's all in there, And maybe they cut it out later they went they.
Speaker 3: Oh my brd on TV. I mean, I just loved the where TV was back then.
Speaker 4: You could get away with saying anything, and it's like, yeah, comedy, it's as soon as you put.
Speaker 3: A filter up on comedy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you kind of lose a little bit of the natural dumb things that people would say in a room or you know, just pitching ideas. But there's a lot of there's a lot of moments in that that season probably just rewatching would feel like the first time seeing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We also had one of our favorite nationals, which was City of Angels, so we all went to La. We did the Boss in La. We did still haven't found what I'm looking for a fan favorite. You dated Penny.
Speaker 3: Wild. I mean.
Speaker 2: That storyline was also great. We like to say that you could have chemistry with the Wall. It's like no matter who they put you with, it's insane that like every it's and we're not just like trying to like fake it till you make it. You know, no, you can't fake it that much. Cord, like, you just are so good with everyone, even if it's not romantic, Like you and Darren have this like really great friendship, likeam was it was so good.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean it's just like, yeah, it's like there was definitely a it was like I kind of I've seen in a while, but like I remember like there was like a shifting moment where something shifted and I was like, you probably all both know this, but there's like a little switch that flicks where it's like something turns on and it's like you're in it. You're there and it's in it. It kind of you know when you you find the sweet spot assay in your performances and stuff, And that's like I at first I didn't really know what I was doing, and then I kind of kind of like was able to recognize that feeling and then everything kind of started getting a lot better and a little bit more dialed in.
Speaker 2: I remember even watching you like how you worked. It's funny you say that because like watching you work in season five, I have distinct memories of like something is different for him, like you did understand in a deeper level, and like seeing you flip that switch, like you would take bigger swings at things. So like the comedy was like getting bigger and better because I think that you like trusted that you knew what you were doing, and you could take bigger swings at certain things, and that also made it even more impactful when you had these like really nice adult conversations like between Sam and Mercedes later on in the season and New York.
Speaker 4: Where there's just like some different layers and contrasts, And I think a lot of that kind of came with just following a bunch of the writers and really funny people around and just picking their brain watching like obviously being in a cast with so many talented people watching them up close and kind of seeing and then there's a thing that's like you feel like if you go really big, it comes off cheesing, doesn't work. But then there's like I watched a lot of stuff with Jim Carrey is like, oh it's not you can go as big as you want, as long as you believe it as much as anybody else.
Speaker 3: Yes, And uh, yeah it was. I gotta go back and check that out.
Speaker 1: You should. It's a really good season for you. I mean, in general, it was actually a really fun season to watch because I I became teena graduated halfway through. So we did first well, let's talk about Trio, because Trio was when we did the high school, the lock in with with Lauren and we had our infamous makeout session.
Speaker 3: They got cut, but it was just so.
Speaker 2: It made it.
Speaker 1: There's just the closest part of it.
Speaker 3: He had just kept pushing more and more.
Speaker 1: Like we have footage and we like that didn't make it, but.
Speaker 4: It was like, it's probably the craziest, the craziest thing I shot on that shows not accurate.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think I think with it ended.
Speaker 4: Up being really tame versus what it was.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agreed.
Speaker 1: And then your bus, your bus when you go to New York and you're pursuing your acting, your modeling career, and you're dating Mercedes. You guys are living together, and the bus in the in the episode where you cheat on Mercedes, you cheat on Mercedes, right, and you're naked in like every scene literally you have like your shirt off in every scene.
Speaker 2: Were you miserable? Now, sweet Potatoes?
Speaker 4: Now I look back on it and I'm like, you know, you know, I got there at some point in my life. It's a good it's a good you know, Yes, yes, it's it's a terrible reminder to where it's it's almost impossible to live up to that at thirty six, but you know, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: You thought, like we thought we weren't looking our best, you know what I mean. You look back, you're like, I was my best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think. I think that's it story.
Speaker 4: Of my life.
Speaker 1: But I felt bad for you during the process of that because it was like, oh, Kurts Cords shirtless again in this episode, and you're just like, oh god, no.
Speaker 4: I think at the time I was I was I would get done working and I would when I would get home, I would put on like a forty pounds vest and like two or three pairs of sweats and walk on an incline for like an hour and then get in the sauna and then try to go to bed. But like you know, I was hungry, brain was wired from all of the day and you know, working out late at night.
Speaker 3: So I would be doing that like regular, I forget about.
Speaker 4: All that stuff, and I'm like, oh man, that was like I probably didn't need to go that hard. I was like twenty four at the time, and my metabolism was doing what it was doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. But it's like we were surrounded by but like we would hear all the stories of like oh, this person did this when they were on this show, and this person did this to be in a movie and we're shirtless, so like you would just like take all that in and be like, I guess I have to do that.
Speaker 1: We're just like in it, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know, things live on the internet for forever, so.
Speaker 2: Exactly, yeah, exactly. It's hard when you know, in like three weeks a couple of million people are going to see you shirtless, so you want to try to look your best.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know what's crazy now, it's like you look at like the lowest the ratings, you know, ratings were on the show like that, and people are like, oh no, like kind of you know, we're not panicked, but like they're just like, yeah, you know, you're comparing the highest to the lowest, and it's like now, like our lowest would be unbelievable ratings for TV show.
Speaker 1: You also, you were growing your hair out epically during this season and then you cut your hair on the show. Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get really like tired of having long hair.
Speaker 1: And did you did you cut it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 4: I think they I remember they wrote they wrote it in because we were cross shooting a couple of different episodes. So at one point when me and Darren were doing uh, I think best day of my life in New York, we did it in Times Square.
Speaker 5: I was wearing a wig and oh yeah in that scene and because I cut it, I cut it in LA before we went to shoot, and then then that's that episode was right before.
Speaker 2: I loved speaking of New York. I loved like when we all got to do that episode, the Chlamydia episode. We were at Serendipity a bunch, oh yeah, And and like you and I got to film a lot of scenes over a couple episodes were just like playing video games and like being like boys like lads, lads, lads, which we never really got to do, which it was really I never got to do that, and it was really fun, Like you and I had so much more stuff to do in the back half of the season, like with the.
Speaker 4: And yeah, there's a lot of fun stuff in there. And also like shooting in New York was so cool because normally we would you know, LA shuts down when we were shoot in l A and we would we finish shooting out in the freezing cold at like one o'clock in the morning. Everything's so open in New York, so you know, we could go out and get drinks and kind of hang and actually have get to have a little fun outside of oh that, but yeah, I loved I loved filming in New York.
Speaker 2: It was so much fun that I was. I forgot that too, because like what we were shooting in New York, it.
Speaker 3: Was almost because crane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good memory, a steel trap memory.
Speaker 4: It's, yeah, I just remember weird things here and there. Most of the stuff I've I forget until like you know, it's kind of like that. I feel like I forget like ninety percent of things until I start talking with people about it, and then it's like comes back, like you're in a therapy session.
Speaker 2: Right, maybe I did Thanks for going to do this. We could at Yeah, but like when we were shooting in New York, we weren't doing that much. So we were doing like exteriors, so like those aren't really extensively like long scenes, so you're shooting a little piece here, a little piece there, and so we could like go.
Speaker 1: Out and do other Yeah, you weren't doing.
Speaker 2: We weren't doing sixteen hour days like we would be doing in La you know.
Speaker 4: And it was also so much of those location dependent you know, and all right, this is set at night time, so you know, we have the day to where sometimes I think we started like two or three o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 4: But there was there was the one like it was like I think it was early March or late February, but it was what it was set like in the springtime in New York. So I remember like kind of like right when it was starting to get warm, but it was freezing and we were out on that in Brooklyn. We were out on that wherever that carousel thing is. Yeah, and I was pretty much in just a flannel in jeans and that was like the I think the coldest day of filming I had ever experienced.
Speaker 1: It was all looked cold and like you could see the breath and you're like, that doesn't look like spray.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I remember they gave us like long John's like thermals to wear underneath everything.
Speaker 3: And then we were right on the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a breeze, a cold, cold breeze.
Speaker 4: It was not ideal, but yeah, the serendipity thing was so was so cool going there.
Speaker 3: I my nephew.
Speaker 4: He just came up to when I was living. I lived in New York like a year. He came up to New York and visited because he had never been for his like fourteenth birthday.
Speaker 3: With the serendipity walked around. I kind of gave him the.
Speaker 4: Tour of the city, but I went back in that frozen hot chocolate.
Speaker 1: So good, so good. I'm so jealous.
Speaker 4: It was so good.
Speaker 1: You were also on another Rye Murphy show recently.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we did a little uh pop been for Doctor Odyssey, which is really fun.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, it was so fun. It was it was you know, getting back with like a lot of familiar crew. You know, Paris was directing, worked with Paris, and then I knew Josh uh from like just old like TCA things with Fox and when he was on the Fringe and stuff, and yuh, it was good getting to hang and work with him and uh, you know, it was it.
Speaker 3: Was like got to see all of all of a lot of the crew that.
Speaker 4: You know, all still work with Ryan.
Speaker 3: And we were shooting on the old sound stages to be filmed on, which is kind of which is cool and wild.
Speaker 4: It was definitely weird going back on like a different set with being like walking through it's like kind of you know the sound stage, but everything.
Speaker 3: How it's built out is so as really Florence. But yeah, everybody was really cool, Like.
Speaker 4: Don Johnson was just like super sweet, and I Twain was on the episode and like everybody, everybody was just sick.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: It was a really fun environment for that.
Speaker 2: Did you know Saya from before this?
Speaker 3: I worked with her on like a c MT uh intro video for like CMT music or to the Taylor Swift, like briefly when I was like I think we were on tour, h Like I met there, did the did the bit for the day and then I flew into uh from there to Delaware or wherever.
Speaker 4: We were or something like that.
Speaker 3: Crazy, but I didn't really know.
Speaker 4: What she was like so sweet.
Speaker 2: We talked icon.
Speaker 4: We had we talked about a lot of like she's like really interesting person to talk to, but could have been nicer and uh, I feel like she was talking about doing a musical or something with her music. I'm not sure if I'm right on that, but which would be sick.
Speaker 1: The dream so well, that would be definitely.
Speaker 2: That I couldn't be wrong though, well regardless, it needs to happen.
Speaker 3: Don't fact check me on this.
Speaker 2: Luckily I don't have Shanaia's number, so I can't. So we're just going to take your sing as he got to sing with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Wait, he got to sing with her?
Speaker 2: Do you know that story? Cord No years ago, during Shania's first residency in Vegas, I went with Telly and a bunch of people, like we all went and in the back of my mind, I was like, God, wouldn't it be great if do you remember like during Glee we went to a really like heavy Shanaia period where we all became really obsessed with Shanaia for no reason, like out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: I think you guys were a little bit late to the party of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the second time around. And so then she started her Vegas residency and we went and we were like standing up singing the whole time. We were the only people singing there. And there was also a country I don't know if it was a CMA Awards or something like that. We're also in town that weekend, so like one section over from us was like everybody like Riba and like all these very famous country singers, and we're the only people standing in the entire coliseum. And she does this whole bit where she starts pulling people out of the audience to come up and sing with her.
Speaker 3: She has like she pulled the loudest person she could find.
Speaker 2: She didn't so I think they normally pull up, like let's say it's three people, right, and so she finds her three people and we're all like, oh my god, Like Kelly has to Telly knows every Shanaia harmony, every song known to man. Her husband slash manager, was sitting the row behind us, and then like calls security over and I see it happening out the corner of my eye and they come and get Telly and they bring him. They walk him up to the stage and they call Shanaia over in the middle of her like talking, and they're like, we got one more for you. So because they ran out of room, she sits Tlly right next to her on this like fake campfire set up up, and then the first song whatever I think it was, like, come on over. She leans over and like gives the mic to Telly, and obviously he knows every harmony and sings in perfect harmony with her, so she basically sings the next three songs with him as a duet, ignores everybody else on that stage, and like gives him the mic and he doesn't really need the mic because that voice carries.
Speaker 3: And I wish I could have seen that.
Speaker 2: Oh it was we were freaking out and I didn't take video. You weren't allowed to have video out or anything. But he comes back and he has this like polaroid taken with her, and he's covered in glitter because I guess she was covered in glitter.
Speaker 3: He's covered in tears.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: The rest of the night, he kept getting recognized for people that were at the show. It was like, you know, he's a.
Speaker 3: Star, Yeah I have. I haven't.
Speaker 4: I saw Brittany do a residency there. Other than that, I haven't really. Oh yeah, he's just like he's just always excellent, like his super Bowl stuff, like his live show.
Speaker 1: It's just like Chef's kiss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody's doing what he's doing like.
Speaker 1: That, and then you put put his He he also didn't allow phones and like I love that experience, like you lock your phone in a magnetic bag and you just dance your night away.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, it's like when you think about it, like as for a performer, it's it's really, yeah, you're the fans are trying to remember the show and every bit of it, so they film a lot of these things, or they reput for posting whatever, But at the time you don't ever really look at those videos when they go into your phone. Again, No, it's probably I mean, it is kind of odd when you're performing for a bunch of people and you just see a bunch of phone cameras and you know, like aimed at you can't really you don't really concern people are really enjoying their experience as much. So it's it's kind of those types of shows you really want, like that feedback from the audience versus just looking at a bunch of labors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of which, I mean, you just had a new song come out court and I text you about it because.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: You're just yeah, I can't say it enough. You're songwriter. I know you're like, do you sound great? Like, what's the story of this?
Speaker 4: I love the story of the song was so I kind of went through a kind of went through like a two or three year phase during the pandemic where it felt really uninspired to write anything. And I was dating somebody that like started the pandemic too for like three years, and I didn't really I kind of was like, did I just like lose like my creative bug? What m And I think it's I think it was just everybody kind of bunker it up during the pandemic, so I didn't really have a lot of time to be alone.
Speaker 3: And then towards the end.
Speaker 4: Of that reallylationship, there was like a little bit of cracks in the in the relationship, and you know, she would go out to dinner with her friends and I'd have like an hour and a half two hours at home alone to where I kind of start kind of start getting you know, the ideas and stuff.
Speaker 3: But I think it was like a week right after we broke up where I went into the session.
Speaker 4: I had this idea of trying to figure out how to get back to yourself after a breakup. And it's kind of like, you know, like I was, you know, doing I've been doing like relationships stuff for like three years. You kind of lose a little bit of your individual identities to trying to figure.
Speaker 3: All that stuff out.
Speaker 4: And sure, uh, you know, I think that's that's where I could just have that title in my head, and I was like went into the session. Like usually when you're going into writing stuff, it's usually stuff just kind of flows when you're going through a you know, a breakup or yeah thing. So uh, usually I try to, like if I'm going through anything like that, I try to just like fill my days up with creating and doing music.
Speaker 3: But I started having.
Speaker 2: A healthy, healthy outlet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I started having like ideas again when I spent I started like forcing myself to spend time alone, which is is a challenging thing to do. Yeah, and like put my phone away and go back to like analog paper and pen and just a guitar to where you know, there's probably some other inspirational like you know, influences in there or whether it be.
Speaker 1: Uh it's like space to think, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But yeah, I just kind of went like from like as soon as I kind of got single, I just was like was like spending a lot of time alone creating and doing something.
Speaker 3: I was like, Okay, I've got something to say again.
Speaker 4: But it's like really hard to you know, look yourself in the mirror and be honest and open about you know, I feel like it's easier to write music for other people than it is to write for myself and be like, what do I have to say? Totally because a lot of the time you probably don't even think the stuff that you have to say is interesting as just an individual exactly.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's kind of.
Speaker 4: A fair way behind the behind that is, you know, just going through the ups and downs of relationships.
Speaker 2: You're I think what you excel at though, like any good songwriter, is that like you're able to very succinctly in like in a relatable way, like verbalize really complex emotions. Like everything you just said is super relatable. But to be able to boil that down into two verses in a chorus is really difficult and have it still have as much meaning and impact without like stripping it of all that emotion and not just being you know, some generic lyric coming out. You're You're really good.
Speaker 4: At that, And I think that's like with anything like on the in the creative uh space, Like if you know where you're going, you can figure out how to get there. So like I kind of I like to work backwards to ward.
Speaker 3: It's like, what's the.
Speaker 4: Button at the end of something and then I know, I know yeah, versus I've done sessions and writing where sometimes you go in and you're not you're not coming in with an idea, and so sometimes it feels like it's random until something shifts and something happens, and sometimes it never does. So it's like if I can go in with like, all right, I need to make X, X and X and there's like more, I can figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it makes sense. Do you have more music coming out? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got to.
Speaker 4: I've got another song coming out next month, and then after that another one and another one. So I probably have like a full record like stacked up that I'm gonna start putting out one a month. It's it's I've had it for the like probably the last year, but it's been you know, going through mixing, find it, you know, having you know, the production done and uh and then also like waiting on timing because uh, the last four years I've been filming a show to where it's you know, three months, you're yeah, you're gone, and then you're playing ketchup when you get back and it's Almo. You know. It's it's a lot for your brain to kind of do all those things at once. So but I was able to get a build up a lot of music and have it ready to go, so now I can kind of go full steam.
Speaker 2: Great, are you gonna do shows?
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: I'm doing. No, I don't. I don't do the phone locking thing.
Speaker 4: But but but maybe I don't. I'm doing a show in Atlanta, like doing a little like convention for uh like Vampire Diaries stuff that they're Kayla and those guys are going down there. So I'm going down there, uh Thursday.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going down to do that. And I did that last year. It was so fun, like their fans are just insane and yeah, yeah different different breed, but yeah, that the song I had on the last episode of Vampire Diaries, I usually like play that down there, and it's like those fans absolutely just eat it up. They know, just blew that song up and so very very grateful for those guys.
Speaker 3: And it'll be fun.
Speaker 4: But I'm doing that, and then I think I don't have anything yet on the books. I've kind of been uh kind of just like in work release writing. I'm like in Nashville right now, just writing and recording and trying to finish out the rest of this record. But I think once that's done, just like put music out, get it out there, and then once it's out there, start like doing live stuff.
Speaker 1: That's on another season of Acapoco too.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: What you gone for us? Tell us what's coming on the show? Anything fun?
Speaker 4: There's a lot of fun stuff. I don't know what, but what all they what all I can give away? But this is I think I'm not sure. I mean we could go another season after this. It might be the last season.
Speaker 3: We don't. I don't know.
Speaker 4: They kind of we find out usually, Like I think last season we found it like five weeks before we started filming that we were we were going back. So but you know, the shows like it's just really really great, like heartwarming, fun comedy, and uh, it's had this really nice organic word of mouth kind of growth. So like each year, the you know, the fans get a little bit more, it grows a lot.
Speaker 3: And they get a little bit more into it.
Speaker 4: And uh, I mean.
Speaker 3: Down in Mexico for three months is not a bad Uh.
Speaker 2: You know right now, I didn't get to see you this last time.
Speaker 4: Just you know, just just come on down man, I'm thinking about moving down to port of article time.
Speaker 1: I mean, why not. What a difference to from like our show to going on to a show where you go three months in like to Mexico and then you're home for the rest of the year. It must be so nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I do love I do love having like twenty two. I mean you get a lot more like you can put a lot more of like action in ten episode seasons. But I do like the twenty two, in the twenty two episode format.
Speaker 2: Because it's that job security, that check exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's like you know, you're if it like when you're signing onto your show, you're kind of you can't really do other shows where you know, as as a as a as a regular, So when you're signing on to a show having a lot of downtime, like it's it's it's definitely different versus you know, when we were working it was like, you know, ten months out of the year at least, so you know, you felt like your time was, you know, very useful versus like when you have a lot of downtime, you've got to get really creative of like stuff you're working, stuff you're working on and so what you can't do. Also, there's like there's so many scheduling things you don't know because a lot of it's always up in the air. But I mean that shows so fun. It's like thirty minutes and ten episodes.
Speaker 1: It's want to dream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And like the people I get to work with are really really cool and easy going and so great.
Speaker 1: You did perform at els Fast this past year with Darren you appeared. We talked to Darren about it. He said it was a blast. Was it fun? I mean I did it one year and it was like the fans are just the same, and they're all Glee crossover fans obviously because of Darren, and it's just like felt like a rock concert all over again.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was, uh, I mean I hadn't really ever been.
Speaker 4: It was a lot bigger than I expected to be, Like to turn out the people, for sure, I mean the talented people they had come up on stage and performance for performances was incredible.
Speaker 3: But it was so fun. I just came in for we were trying to.
Speaker 4: Me learning lyrics is like if I haven't done it in a while, it was like it takes like I have to listen to the song a million times, and so before that weekend before I was just like listening to the Billy Joel moving out over and over because I was like, I don't know what my parts were. I can't remember.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It was so fun though, just literally no no rehearsal, just kind of like popped in and just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we pitched this to Darren. We're kind of we're half kidding, half not, but we pitched to Darren doing Loser Like Me. That the second version that we aught you and Kevin and me and Darren did.
Speaker 2: Together, one hundred episode version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then Breakaway and what was the other one, Kevin that we had pitched, But we'd love it if you would do it with us, half kidding, half not. What's the do you remember doing that one?
Speaker 2: It seems like the version of Loser Like Me. No, go listen to it, remember your part, and then we'll see you at Elson.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I mean you may think that I'm a break.
Speaker 4: Showing I Did we actually do that on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was the four of us.
Speaker 4: I I man, gosh, I really need to go back and watch this.
Speaker 2: It's just like riding a bike. You'll know it's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is stuff that I see from that, like that show that's like that you know, I'll get tagged on on just like little video clips. I'm like, oh man, somebody's like performances like hold up.
Speaker 3: Like and they're they're a lot better than I remember them being.
Speaker 4: I mean obviously just like we're filming everything on film and working with a you know, an infinite list of talented people. But I forget like how like how how like the quality was like on a lot of those things, like the performers, like getting to watch up close, like even that that number that Matt and Harry did where they're I think it was like a.
Speaker 2: Were they doing on the auditorium stage like where they have.
Speaker 4: A like like wallet walking up walls?
Speaker 2: Yeah, m h yeah, it's insane wild. Yeah, especially like when we got to season five and we're about to go to season six, where we remember absolutely nothing but the numbers. I think we all became really critical of the show, probably because we were, you know, unhappy for other reasons of like you know, Corey and things. But going back and watching it now, it was like every episode had a moment like that You're like, oh wow, this number was really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you can't help but get better when you do something, so you know, so much like so often like that. You know, I think everybody's bar starts getting higher and higher and higher. So then you uh, you know, it breeds a lot of really great work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: But I mean there's some numbers that you know, some of the dance numbers that you were just wheeling around through and like, you know, I was like, man, this this guy, this guy's forearms are probably exhausted. There was like one scene I'm seeing you like get launched into the pool. I'm like, oh man, this, I love it.
Speaker 2: That was improved too, good old Eric.
Speaker 1: They are like so many things that would have gone into doing that had they written that into the script. But Steltz is like, just doing.
Speaker 2: That was like cord gets a do fun things.
Speaker 3: Let me do this. That was great. Though, It's like I think the highlight.
Speaker 4: I think there's probably several little gifts out there if you just just launching yourself into the pool.
Speaker 2: I felt like when that aired, nobody caught it, and then it became like an internet thing a couple of years ago. It's like, yeah, great, people are seeing it.
Speaker 4: But then there's like also like really cool stuff where they use you to do like stuff like the fantasy stuff like safety dance and all this other stuff that you're like, oh man, that's ah, it's really cool to see you actually be able to use those skills, because probably one of the more qualified dancers that we had on the show that was, uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you miss dancing? Do you miss dance class?
Speaker 4: And no, I don't, just because you know, it's like it's like hearing your voice back on a recording. You know, when you think you're doing something in time or or you think you're aware of how your body moves, and then.
Speaker 1: You're and you watch it back and you're like, that's not what I sound like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, but watching it back, it's like that's how I'm moving, oh man. And you're like, our body looks so weird, and you're like, thank god that the editors we had were amazing.
Speaker 3: You could cut around.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It's it's one of those things to where I I am like I'm coordinated in certain things, but like like I got a lot better as time went on, but oh yeah, my body fell so foreign too.
Speaker 3: How it moved or how I was supposed to make it move.
Speaker 2: You're like, can we learn? Yeah. You went from like having like a baseball scholarship to do in Windy City.
Speaker 3: You know, Okay, okay, like I can figure out a body role. It's just let's just throw that in.
Speaker 1: They're like, just do that, cord, you just do you figure it out. Everybody just had to do free form rock out and do their own things. At some point they just learned that's yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I would have I mean I would always have like Harry trying to show me isolation tricks on the side, and.
Speaker 3: It's like a little bit.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, what season five have you? Guys just finished the whole season? Yeah, it's what's the most ridiculous thing you've seen?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's a lot because just remember context, you know, like we had just gone through all that stuff. The show had to be.
Speaker 1: Passed away, right, Yeah, And so we went on like like a two episode break so the writers could figure out what was happening. We did the Beatles episodes where you were dating Penny. You guys did applause, we did roar Like hours were great.
Speaker 2: The story was a little crazy some of the time, but like the musical numbers were like the music was.
Speaker 1: A plus plus in this season, if you.
Speaker 2: Ask me, that's all we had. Remember like Roor You're swinging on the vines.
Speaker 1: And definitely I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: Of Mary's Boy Child with Alex Nole the Christmas episode. The Christmas episode was too much.
Speaker 1: And then with City of Angels with my one of my favorites.
Speaker 4: Obviously, there's when we did I Love l A, right, Yeah, yeah, like Pink's hot Dogs and exactly you know what it was. It was like I got to do all the tourists tourist things and for the first.
Speaker 2: For years because he moved to l A and just like got booked.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well yeah, that like you know, like the tourists side of things is like when you live in a place is probably the most exhausting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't do that stuff I don't want to do.
Speaker 1: And also you're like on a hit TV show. You don't want to be going to like the Grumman's like Chinese theater at that.
Speaker 2: Point, and then they put on us, They put us on like the most of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 3: I just remember I got so sun burned that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody's the tourist hats, the props they gave us. We did puppet Master where they had the the puppets made after us, yep. And then and then we went to Full New York, which was like when you and Darren did all that stuff, And I loved watching that because I wasn't in most of it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think I think part of part of a lot of that stuff, like the all the crazy, wild, different things we did and got to do, probably comes from having twenty two episodes, because you know, it's you know, it's very much like you have so much time to fill bill. You know, like you see it a lot in sitcoms, you know, like How I Met Your Mother. It's like, Okay, now Barney has an episode where he's in space, you know where he's you know, it's it's it's it's like it's a fun side episode that doesn't necessarily.
Speaker 2: Have it's entertainment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which that's one of my favorite things about TV. It's like, you know, it's just pure just entertainment and fun. And now everything is so story packed where it's like if you miss an episode, you're kind of screwed.
Speaker 2: True, it's like Game of Thrones, happened, and everyone's like, we need to be this dense.
Speaker 4: I didn't watch I didn't watch Game of Thrones until it was like five seasons are out, so.
Speaker 3: I I had so much great great like I watched.
Speaker 4: I kind of binge watching it when we were on the road on tour because I was like, you have you know, seven hours eight hours of driving time? Wow, And I got an to it. I got into it that.
Speaker 2: Way, but so jealous. I wish I could watch it again for the first time.
Speaker 1: What a special show.
Speaker 4: Rewatching it. Rewatching it's fun too. I mean you pick up a lot of things you might you might have dropped.
Speaker 3: I rewatched. I rewatched all.
Speaker 4: The Severns right before I started season two, just to kind of and I'm never seen it.
Speaker 2: Have you never seen No?
Speaker 1: No, I know I just started it recently and like didn't get that far and was like, I need to like go back and actually like watch us now, and.
Speaker 2: I feel like you'll love it. Yeah, you got you got it.
Speaker 3: You got a lot of you got a lot of things taking up your time.
Speaker 1: John, I know, but I'm you know, I'm into it now. I have a little bit more time, Like people are sleeping, so like, I feel like I could get into it, and everybody's talking about it. So it's just one of those that I really want to see court.
Speaker 2: Isn't it crazy? She has two kids?
Speaker 4: Know, I was just about to ask you to have another kid, don't you?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: I have a son now as it's just oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because last time I saw you were closer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: That's right? Yeah, supports the baby and dog whisperer. So I could hand off both of my children and my late dog and they would just like fall into court time.
Speaker 3: I love I love kids and dogs. I had. I have two little nephews.
Speaker 4: I have four nephews, but I have two little.
Speaker 3: Ones that one's four and the other one is two.
Speaker 4: And I started taking the two year old to go golfing, got him a little putter and then let him drive the golf cart and he's like obsessed.
Speaker 3: So a lot of fun, like the best uncle lay dates.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's so cute. I bet your family loves having you there, right, Yeah, Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: It's great also because like you don't realize when you're when you're living. I mean, I'm kind of split my time back and forth from La to Nashville, but you don't realize when you're like fully in La like those those early years for the kids go by quick. Yeah, so you miss a.
Speaker 3: Lot of a little lot of that, but.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of there's a lot of kids. Brothers.
Speaker 4: Talking to one of my friends about doing like a time share adopted baby, you know, just like it's like one of my really good buddies where it's like, you know, just a just two dads just trying to have a kid. But you know, both dads are just bros. You know half the year, you know, you take the kid half to your all take them.
Speaker 1: Uh, that seems that seems that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Do you want a boyfriend?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: Are you just trying to say you want a husband?
Speaker 4: No, I was just I was just I just thought it would be a funny, a funny bit to where it's like, hey, you know, if if you haven't, if you haven't figured out your life partner yet, you can just go with somebody that you've been you know, friends with forever and just yeah, because.
Speaker 2: You know that's not going to go on.
Speaker 1: We can do whatever we want these days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure, baby, you know, I'm I'm I'm work shopping it. You know, it might end up just being like a wacky rom com idea, but.
Speaker 1: Honestly not a bad idea either. Take either.
Speaker 2: What's that's how I prefer to have a baby? I would do it in that case. Yeah, timeshare.
Speaker 4: Well, that's why being like a uncle's so great because you can kind of you know, you can kind of come and go for the fun stuff.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you're not so tired half the year, you know, like you discipline them. Yeah right, there's the fun uncle all the time.
Speaker 2: Well there's also like my nieces and nephews always responded to me disciplining much more than they would their own parents.
Speaker 4: But yeah, nobody expects their parents nowadays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Nowadays.
Speaker 4: Nowadays, you know it's like because no parents are laying down the law, you know, that's true. I'm like, man, I would keep this kid in line like that.
Speaker 2: A lot of soft parenting, a lot of you.
Speaker 3: Know, spoil the rod, does it? Spoiler rod? Spare the child or spare the rod, spoil the child. That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, spare the rod, spoil the child.
Speaker 4: There was a it was a fifties phrase then they used to like, you know, hit kids in public school, like you know, the teachers would rulers, give the kids as the rulers and stuff.
Speaker 2: No, that doesn't that doesn't know, we don't need to do that.
Speaker 4: But my grandma, I think my grandma was born in like the twenties or thirties. Uh.
Speaker 3: When she was alive, she was telling me these stories.
Speaker 4: She's like, oh, yeah, we used to make your dad and his brothers or whatever go out to the yard and pick out a switch.
Speaker 3: I was like, what a psychological Oh my god. It's like, you know, it's like that's this cycle.
Speaker 2: I mean, gosh, talk about trauma, talk about trauma. I mean I got I mean, I just got like a yard work, right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: If I if I didn't, if I didn't like landscape, the house perfectly, you know, that was another week yard work.
Speaker 2: I meant to send you a video I was. I was in Colorado and Keystone a couple months ago and staying with some friends and they took us on this like horse drawn sleigh ride to like a restaurant in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 2: It was amazing. And this little house like little restaurant, there's a there who sings, who serenades you the entire time. And he has this really extensive song list and there was a Paul over Street original in that song list. Oh I love that, And I was like, oh my god, I got to get him to play.
Speaker 3: Do you remember what song it was?
Speaker 2: It was you know what's like, it's super famous. Now I'm blinking on it.
Speaker 3: She thinks my tracktre sexy.
Speaker 2: Nope, slow song when you say nothing at all, Yes, yep, it's the classic. I was like, I can't because you know, he had like a hundred songs in there, and I was and like one of the top ones was that, and I was like, that's right, come on over Street.
Speaker 4: I went to a to a restaurant where there was there was it was like a like a cello or a cello and a guitar or something and they would come over to everybody's table and they would like serenade them. But there's it was like I felt like Larry David a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yes, Curby enthusiastic.
Speaker 4: There's like an episode where he's like kind of she's the guy who's coming over, and it was like right in the middle where in like this like like in tit's conversation at this like this this this like Italian like very operatic singer comes over and starts talking and we all just kind of like kind of just like had to stop. And like one of the guys who was telling the story got.
Speaker 1: So frustrated when the tray pass comes back.
Speaker 4: But it happened like there wasn't a lot of people at this restaurant, and so it happened like he came over to our table like three or four times.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you're great, you're talpted.
Speaker 2: But like leave us alone.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, lord, we all felt like such keep it.
Speaker 2: Put that in the Timeshare baby script. It's a good moment.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the Timescare baby script is. I think it's it's getting green let for sure. Yeah, I'm green lighting it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somewhere somewhere.
Speaker 4: I'm going to finance that. We're gonna shoot it on an iPhone.
Speaker 2: Great, that's it.
Speaker 3: I'll play the baby, Kevin, you can play the baby.
Speaker 1: I'll play the time Share Kevin.
Speaker 4: You know what, Kevin, Kevin has a knack for just finding roles where he's on wheels and you just stroll him around and like you know, you know, it's a lot of like credit to a lot of credit credit to you, Kevin, because uh, there's so much energy in acting that comes from movement and uh like performance wise, to be able to do that while sitting down for one percent of the time, that's it's a lot harder.
Speaker 3: Than it you would think.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Unless you're sitting down playing video games with me.
Speaker 2: That was honestly, I Jenna, it was so great you guys got just because we also like, oh, so for this your motivation is zone out and play video games.
Speaker 1: Just don't forget your line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is like fine, Like it was, Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 1: I love those. But like the man scenes that you guys did, especially in the STV one, it's just like very male heavy storylines.
Speaker 4: And like.
Speaker 1: And then the scene where I love the scene with you and Mercedes where which episode was it was it Old Dog New Tricks when you oh you get the dog McConaughey, Yeah, and he's eating like all of her stuff. Is that's the scene right when you're playing videos show.
Speaker 2: It's so good and it's torn up and she comes in the house and then the dog comes down the stairs with the hair.
Speaker 4: By the way that season. They put me in like a model house thing for like right episode and by the end of the episode, I was out. But like one of the guys that we worked there, who you know, remain friends with, and he like super sweet guy.
Speaker 3: It was like Charles Melton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot he was on it. And then irror stories with him and I was like, wait, why did he never bring this up to me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I ran into him.
Speaker 4: I ran into him something and I was like, hey, man, how's it going, Like uh, and like it all came back. I forgot that you came on for that episode. He's the sweetest, He's such a nice guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's I gotta I gotta re rewatch some of that stuff. It is.
Speaker 1: It is a fun one actually, when you know what you're getting into and your expectations are like low, and like the music's really good and the performances are really good, and like you just we were giving everybody just like a little bit of grace the season, the writers, the creators, the actors, like everybody just gets a little bit of grace this season because we've been through so much. And then to watch it back, you're like, wow, we did that. You know we got through it.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's definitely a different it's a different thing that I you know, it's a different experience when you're dealing with all that stuff on.
Speaker 1: Top of like the yeah, everything emotional stuff that we were going through. Yeah, personal, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like for some reason I thought that that was around season four, but I guess.
Speaker 1: It was end before, at the beginning of five or between the two. Yeah, essentially a crazy time.
Speaker 3: What happened in six you you guys got on the way.
Speaker 1: We haven't done it.
Speaker 2: We have zero I didn't tell you.
Speaker 1: The only thing I remember the finale episodes. That's the only thing I really remember. I think the last two that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna have.
Speaker 3: Some of the newbies on and there is I think we did over seven hundred musical numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 3: Thinking about that now, is like that.
Speaker 4: It would I think that would be so intimidating or daunting for any production to do that many.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we also had such a good like pipeline, like we had that down.
Speaker 3: It was kind of plug in and play.
Speaker 2: After a while, nobody's been able to replicate that, I think, because like we just happened to have all the right people making those decisions.
Speaker 4: And yeah, from like the people that were doing the music, like they would have a song turned around in a night, and then you have like Andrew Mitchell running around up and down platforms back.
Speaker 3: I mean we would do like sometimes three three songs a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we had like the best people in those positions possible, like make all that happen like it was a happy accident.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you guys are seeing this.
Speaker 4: There's like a whole new wave of kids discovering the show now because I mean it's streaming.
Speaker 3: It's kind of stuff lives forever.
Speaker 4: So it's like, yeah, it's like a big second wave when stuff is kind of living on those platforms.
Speaker 2: I feel like now it's like a third wave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very because there was like a while it was on Netflix for a while, and then it went to Hulu and Disney Now and Fox.
Speaker 3: Disney brought Fox and all that stuff, so and everybody's just all over those platforms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody buy and everybody. Well, Cord, thanks so much for hanging out with us again coming back on and congrats, like you're just you're still killing it the music.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for the thanks for the plug on this on the music. I'll send you some stuff, some sneak peeks of some of the new stuff, but it's please do. I'm super I'm super stoked on it. And there's uh, you know, I'm still kind of ironing out the track list order and stuff like that, but I've I'm pretty stoked on the stuff that I've got.
Speaker 2: So you're great.
Speaker 1: You're great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you guys for having me on here. I love you guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks for taking so much time. I would love to see you all.
Speaker 3: Right, Love you guys, Love you, Cord.
Speaker 2: Thanks Cord, Love you sweet man.
Speaker 1: That was so nice to catch up with with one of the course, that was just like a FaceTime that no, literally, you guys like we were just like chilling on a phone call. Well that's Chord, Chord, thanks for your time. He's he's writing. He's literally one of the best songwriters we know.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I can't go listen to the song and it's so good. And if you haven't watched Acapoco, go watch it. There's a new season coming and it's.
Speaker 1: A relief that he doesn't remember anything either, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, See, it's not just us everyone, and that's what you really miss. Thanks for listening, and follow us on Instagram at and That's what you really miss pod Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.