Speaker 1: All right, we got a brand new Awkward Tuesday for you today. Thanks so much for finding the Brook and Jeffrey Second Day podcast.
Speaker 2: And it is a spicy one. You think that'd be a good description of it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, God, this woman called in for advice and then she did not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one thing to knowledge that there's one thing to do the exact opposite. Oh my gosh. It goes sideways for yeah, and in just a second. But first we'll start with comments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, last week, if you remember, the Awkward Thursday was about like a thirty day girlfriend trial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where he wanted to skip all of the dating and just be in a relationship for thirty days before they're even their first day.
Speaker 3: Yes, and someone named See commented, my husband and I did a trial relationship on our first time meeting. Long story short, Today we're celebrating our daughter's first birthday.
Speaker 2: I never comment, but I thought i'd share.
Speaker 4: Wow to kill.
Speaker 5: I did do the same thing once, and it was the worst relationship I've been in it last three weeks.
Speaker 2: You couldn't even do the thirty days.
Speaker 3: No way to prove the odds wrong.
Speaker 2: Some people win, some people don't. All right, let's get to today's new awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, Now, in life, when you go to school or you get a job, sometimes it doesn't take a whole lot to misbehave and get the acts where they kick you out.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, happen all the time.
Speaker 6: But you'd think in a senior home it should be pretty difficult to get booted. Oh well, for one granny, that's actually happening, and the circumstances for why are pretty amazing. In fact, it's so out there. Her granddaughter's reaching out to us for help.
Speaker 2: She can't stay anywhere I have No, it's not Brooks.
Speaker 6: You're gonna hear what happens in a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Next, it's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 6: When you first start dating somebody, they should know a little.
Speaker 7: Bit about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And.
Speaker 6: When you move in with that somebody, they should really know a lot more about you.
Speaker 2: They're about to find out if they don't.
Speaker 7: Let's say, up, those steps have already happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you've actively chosen to hide something from that person, something not great, and it's about to blow up pretty soon. That's where our listener Julie is at right now in her relationship, and she is asking for our help. Julie, you want us to stop drama from happening in your life right now?
Speaker 8: Pretty much? That's why I'm calling in, Julie.
Speaker 2: Do you listen to our show because we actually really like drama.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we kind of need it for our show to be good. So this goes against our business model.
Speaker 8: I mean, you guys are probably right. There's no way that I can stop what's gonna happen. I just need a little bit of help managing it.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, Yeah, let's just dive into it. What's going on in your life? What made you reach out to the show for help?
Speaker 8: Okay, So I've been seeing this guy for about six months. His name is Jason. He's very sweet.
Speaker 2: Wait can I ask? Because Jeff set it up, like you live with him? After six months? Are you guys living together?
Speaker 7: That's what your email said.
Speaker 8: Yeah, things moved a little bit fast. We've been living together about a month and a half.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a big commitment. Do you guys sign a whole year lease?
Speaker 1: It's in his name, so you know, let's ruin his credit if we need to move out.
Speaker 6: Sure, So It wasn't something that you moved into a place together. You just jumped under his.
Speaker 2: Romantic Yeah I know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I was romantic and my lease is ending, and so we took it as a sign, you know.
Speaker 6: Okay, but that's not the dramatic part that's come into your life.
Speaker 8: Yeah. So basically I haven't really told him about my family at all. My family can just be a little bit much.
Speaker 7: Trust me, I understand.
Speaker 1: What are we working with with your family? Like, why haven't you told them?
Speaker 8: Well, there's a lot of drama, but for now, I'm just going to focus on one of the singular relatives.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I have a grandmother who is a little bit older, and it's getting to a point where basically she just needs more support from me.
Speaker 2: Okay, that doesn't sound like a bad thing, Like that's loving. Yeah, you're going to help your grandma out.
Speaker 7: I'll be honest.
Speaker 6: When you said family drama, your grandmother was not the person that came to my mind as the dramatic person.
Speaker 2: I thought you had, like a terrible mom or something like those are.
Speaker 4: Oh right, she's a terrible grandma. Is she awful person?
Speaker 8: Yeah, she's not an awful person, but she does whatever she wants to do, and you know as she got older that ever really changed. And she's about eighty five years old. Now she lives in like a senior living facility, so you don't.
Speaker 2: Even have to have her like come live with you or something. That's what I thought this was good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well that's kind of the thing is like she's been living there for about six months and now they're they kind of like want to kick her out.
Speaker 2: You can actually get kicked out of those facility places god by being a jerk. So she's getting kicked out.
Speaker 8: I think she's getting kicked out today or probably tomorrow.
Speaker 7: She had many warnings Okay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she's had many warnings about it.
Speaker 6: Are we allowed to know the reason why she's being forcefully discharged from her senior living facility?
Speaker 2: It sounds like reasons, Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 8: She just makes Arnold Palmers pretty much every day, and then every night she's inviting guys into her room.
Speaker 2: And lemonade.
Speaker 5: She's making them liquored up.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, she's piking them for sure.
Speaker 1: So she's getting drunk during the day and then getting randy at now.
Speaker 8: She's having too much fun for the senior living home, and I just I don't know how my boyfriend's going to react to this, because it's kind of like I have to take her.
Speaker 2: In, now, you take you have to take her in?
Speaker 8: Yeah, she doesn't really have any other place to go, so I think she has to come live with me and Jason in this apartment. And it's just like, I don't know, it's just really awkward, Like I don't know how he's going to react when I tell him, and we haven't really talked about like all that deep floor that you just try and avoid, you know.
Speaker 6: And it's really awkward because it's his apartment that she's going to be moving into, and they just started living together themselves. It's adding a whole new layer to the relationship.
Speaker 2: Is there another bedroom.
Speaker 8: Count he might have to get rid of his office?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, so much?
Speaker 6: Or Grandma's climbing into the queen size bed with the two of you.
Speaker 4: I also see.
Speaker 5: Your struggle because it's not like you can just afford to buy a home whole apartment for her.
Speaker 6: It's like, OK, yeah, wow, now I see why you're in such a tough situation.
Speaker 2: You aren't paying half the rent right now?
Speaker 8: Right, I won't be when grandma moved in from.
Speaker 6: All right, Okay, yeah, yeah, that's probably a good thing to offer at the very start of the call when we do this, but we need to think of some advice for how to tell your boyfriend that you have a grandma first of all, that loves to party.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be cool.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be the good part of the news.
Speaker 2: It's it's not great.
Speaker 6: To live with in action, and yeah, it's also going to be living with the two of you in the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Like Arnold Palmers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, yeah, I mean I think she would definitely make drinks for him. I think that could be a selling point.
Speaker 5: Okay, a drinking partner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, until she snatches them back out of his hands and drinks them herself but tries to.
Speaker 2: Hit on your boyfriend.
Speaker 8: Oh god, oh my god, I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 7: All right, we got a lot of work to do.
Speaker 6: But when we come back, we will give you our advice and let you call your boyfriend to introduce him to the new member of the family and his new roommate right after this.
Speaker 10: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 4: Hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 6: Someone's getting a brand new roommate and she's eighty five years old and down the clown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, grandma.
Speaker 6: I don't even know her name, and I kind of wish that she was moving into my place after what we are.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a setup for a sitcom right now.
Speaker 6: Honestly, that's how it feels, because our listener Julie reached out with quite the conundrum that she's in because on one hand, she's in a newer relationship where she just moved in with her boyfriend named Jason, what about a month ago, and.
Speaker 2: They've all been together for six months. Yeah, because there's a lot of stuff about each other that they.
Speaker 7: Do not know all that's new.
Speaker 6: And then on the other hand, Jason doesn't even know that Julie has this wild grandma and that she's gonna be living with them as soon as she gets kicked out of her retire ironman home in the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, that's happening within a day, by the way.
Speaker 6: So how does she deliver all that information in a way that her boyfriend will be receptive to?
Speaker 4: Brook?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I think I have this for you, Julie.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think I've got this because anybody can stomach a guest for a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how you pitch it.
Speaker 1: You pitch it as grandly needs a place to stay for a week, which is true.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, which is true.
Speaker 6: Okay, I just don't say how many weeks it's going to add up.
Speaker 7: What do you think about that? That's an interesting way to frame it.
Speaker 8: It sounds crazy enough that it just might work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you know when the week ends, you're just like, oh, shoot, she's got to say one more week, and then you just keep doing that in perpetuity until.
Speaker 5: And legally if she stays for thirty days of squatter and then can't be kicked.
Speaker 2: Out, see even better. Yeah, blame grandma.
Speaker 8: All right, I'm similar to how I moved in.
Speaker 7: So yeah, perfect does use that same thing. Jose What about you? What's your advice?
Speaker 5: I think you got to play on his emotions, stretch the truth a little bit, maybe tell him she may not have a lot of time left, just in general risky kind of true.
Speaker 4: She's eighty five.
Speaker 2: She sounds like she's in great health. Have fun at night.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't bring up the alcohol until after she's passed out on the couch one morning. Yeah yeah, yeah, then that'd be a natural way to talk about it. But I don't know, what do you think about that advice?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I'm a little superstitious, so I don't really want to summon the reaper on this one.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh, always risks a karma or you're gonna curse yourself and she'll be around for another fifty years.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I think I'm going to take Brooks advice, and I have an angle of my own that i'm gonna use. Oh it's going to be a surprise, but it's still gonna be pretty smooth too. I don't think he's gonna say no.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm a little bit skeptical because nobody offers better advice than this group.
Speaker 7: But it's probably better than what we say.
Speaker 2: Jeff is never sarcastic, No, not at all.
Speaker 6: But it's your phone call. You could do it how you want to, so we'll be on your side no matter what. I'm going to die your boyfriend's number and we'll let you make this awkward call.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, thank you, good luck.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 10: Hello, Hey babe, it's me, heybabe, how's it going.
Speaker 8: It's good, It's good. How are you doing.
Speaker 10: I'm doing good. You call them from work or something.
Speaker 8: Ah, something like that. I'm kind of busy right now, but I just wanted to give you a call because I was thinking of you.
Speaker 10: Very cool. I'm just chilling. I can't wait for this weekend. Oh my god, I'm so excited.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this weekend is going to be awesome. But I have some news for you, and I'm not sure how you're gonna handle it.
Speaker 10: What are you talking about?
Speaker 8: Okay, so I don't know how you're gonna take this, but I'm just gonna get straight to the point. When's the last time that you changed a diaper?
Speaker 10: What a diaper? What are you talking about?
Speaker 8: I mean, okay, let's say hypothetically we had a third person enter our apartment life and they were going to be there for a very long time. That could be very exciting.
Speaker 10: Right are you saying what I think you're saying.
Speaker 8: I'm basically saying a big change is about to happen, and it's coming in the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 10: Wait a minute, twenty four hours. Did they get pregnant like a year ago?
Speaker 8: What you No, I did not get pregnant. Okay, was come straight out with it earlier. But I have a grandma.
Speaker 10: What I've never been more confused in my life.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Basically, I have a grandma and she's at an assisted living facility and she's about to get kicked out because she likes to drink and rickroll people.
Speaker 10: Whoa that?
Speaker 6: What are you?
Speaker 10: I didn't even know you had a grandma. But she's like getting kicked out of her retirement.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Listen, Apparently one of the attendants caught her multiple times. She had several men, older ones, younger ones, it didn't matter. They all came into her room, and security and the nurse staff, everybody. They've just reached a point where they're absolutely fed up and they just don't want her anymore.
Speaker 10: Wow, that is crazy. I'm sorry to hear that. But why were you saying she's like coming to our house. It's like, what do you mean.
Speaker 8: Basically, I'm hoping that you'll let her sleep in your bed?
Speaker 10: What dude, I'm not looking up with your grandma.
Speaker 4: This is really here.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, No, that's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, delivered news ever again.
Speaker 7: Ever, truly your delivery.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 8: Meant that me and you, Jason, we can sleep on the couch, that she have a place to get over her hangover.
Speaker 2: Okay, what.
Speaker 10: I didn't hear anything you just said. I just heard a bunch of voices laughing, like the people on the line. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Yeah, these people are part of a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: And honestly, we should have stopped Julie from talking probably three minutes ago.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Jason, I'm sorry. I just I really didn't know how to tell you, and I just figured this was the only way. Like, I didn't need help, so.
Speaker 2: To say that that is not the help we offered.
Speaker 6: No, we didn't mention anything about diaper changing at all.
Speaker 10: This is like a frank right, you're joking.
Speaker 8: No, Jason, I'm just kidding about having a baby. But my grandma's going to move in.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 8: She actually means the world to me. She's really really sweet, and I'm wondering maybe we could just have her come in for a week.
Speaker 2: Oh, now you're gonna do it.
Speaker 8: She got there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Grandma needs to live with you, Jason.
Speaker 10: I'm still like getting over the fact that thought we were having a baby, and yeah, so this.
Speaker 2: Is much better news than the baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Actually, I have a feeling that Grandma Judy is going to be a lot more work than a baby.
Speaker 5: But focus on that. She likes to make drinks and maybe she'll cook once in a while.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean there is the chance that she could, you know, make us drinks and cook and you know, she can hang out with your dog while you're at work.
Speaker 7: Okay, there's some positive.
Speaker 4: Now we're talking.
Speaker 8: But you need to know that at the assisted living facility, they do not let her cook. They do not let her near hot objects or sharp object.
Speaker 7: She's a liability, all right. I don't know if you're selling it very well, Julie.
Speaker 2: But Jason fainted. Are you on the phone?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Bro, are you okay? Jason?
Speaker 10: I had no idea she had a grandmother until like two minutes ago.
Speaker 1: That's why it's always risky to move in with a new girlfriend right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't know yet.
Speaker 7: Still, at least she's a fun grandma.
Speaker 10: Yet. I guess like she can stay for like forty eight hours. But we should probably be looking for other places like right away.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, apartments that don't have any stoves or hot objects, plug ins, anything.
Speaker 4: Around maybe yeahleases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just get her in that for that forty eight hours, so we'll see when she leaves here from there.
Speaker 8: Jason, thank you so much. You seriously are so sweet for letting her say. I'm like, I'm seriously so grateful.
Speaker 7: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 1: And Julie did tell us that she'd pitch in for half the rent now that Grandma's moving in.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Oh, I.
Speaker 8: Was hoping you guys would forget.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's much cheaper than that nursing home. So rerook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that whole situation is going to end up working out for all three of them, but I just can't wait for her boyfriend to come back to his apartment next week and walk in on Grandma doing.
Speaker 7: Body shots off the Jonas brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think Grandma has that type of pull.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually feel like what's going to end up happening is he's going to end up having to move out ye get food from his own place.
Speaker 6: Oh no, maybe, I mean you think she was wild at the Senior Center, there's no rules now that she's out in the wild.
Speaker 2: Who knows what's going.
Speaker 1: To go down, but also not as much access to other older gentlemen.
Speaker 6: True, I don't think she necessarily cares if they're older.
Speaker 2: We gets on a dating app.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we could see her on TMZ on the arm of Jason Momoa next week.
Speaker 2: You're not even high for her, I know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, Or maybe you'll find her on our podcast wherever you get yours, we're available Apple, Spotify, just search us Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.