Speaker 1: Well, here we are.
Speaker 2: We have one of the managers in the front end that was I don't know what you're pointing at, veteran veteran, Yes, Alex Cora, the manager of the Boston Red Sox and also, contrary to a sweatshirt, one of the biggest USA fans, I mean on the planet.
Speaker 1: Don't let the sweat your fool you. I mean, we're hey, com on wealth, We're probably hey. We were presenting the Americans are nerves.
Speaker 3: Hot.
Speaker 1: They're hot, they're hot, momentum, good hitters, good pitching. So let's place out. We got YACHTI man, we got YAI. If you lose with Yatty, probably he's called the Pistes from the dugout yachty. Does he have a.
Speaker 4: Picture that's the Marlins?
Speaker 1: That's not is mar team? Mar Team? Behind the plate? Is Vaski there too? Fascu much heady head? Did he retire? He retired, but he's I don't know how it works. He's playing, so he's like Kurtshaw, Yeah, yeah, but he plays. Maybe he figured it out too late for that.
Speaker 2: What's happening in the Red Sox can Besides the fact that you are, by the way, you are locked into the WBC because nothing makes me laugh more. First game, I'm doing Brazil Usa text from this guy. Brazil's using real signs? What are they doing?
Speaker 1: Hey? The one sign with men at second that that doesn't work? All right, all right, well we'll get right into it then.
Speaker 4: All right, that's one thing you are incredible at. Do you feel like that is a lost art that is going to die with your generation of player in the sense that you're really good at picking up tells, telling guys, hey, gout. You know, there's so many videos out there of the picture coming set seeing you over his shoulder and.
Speaker 1: Your and that that one, that one, I mean, obviously we gotta be careful because I did whether we we messed up in seventeen and we paid the price. But the Philly one, the Philly one that I saw the video. So Roman Anthony is to my left and roams at the play with the bases loaded, and we have this running joke in the dug out, like we running we're gonna run the three room play, you know, like we're gonna hit a homer, and then that one say we're gonna run the four four room play. He hits a homer. And everybody's like, oh, he was tipping his change up a AC we laid the sign. Whatever, bro, don't give me so much credit. Man, it's not that easy. I was telling the guys yesterday we had dinner and we were talking about you know, tipping and this and that, and uh, you know how people kind of like they paranoia is real, right, Okay, click saying, uh, there were two years there that we finished last and uh, they were all over us. Oh they got this guy, they got the bro.
Speaker 3: If we have.
Speaker 1: Everybody like people claim we did, we'll be in first place. Man, Like we were in last place for two years. But going back to the question, isn't art is something that it benefits a player. We're gonna help him to go through a process and learn from it. And some guys are good, some guys are not. And as you guys know, you guys play with with guys that they live and die kind of like with tips and tails, right, Like, Hey, if you give me five pitches, I'm good, right, Sean Green, you say give me three out of ten, I'll take advantage of it. But to see the ball hit the ball, especially now ninety seven ninety eight sing cut right, it's really it's hard man. So any advantage man we can, we can give to our hitters, help them in the vitor room and kind of study guys. We'll do it. We'll do it. I thought for sure two things.
Speaker 2: First of all, I thought, for sure, you bring Alex Cintron in here, because when I played with Alex Centron, he said he had every.
Speaker 1: Guy, had everybody, but he hit one eighty.
Speaker 2: I'm like, imagine how bad you would have been if you didn't have everyone's pitches, dude.
Speaker 1: Jerry Corus having the Alex Center experience now in Team Puerto Rico as a coach, Alex is a bench coach. Joey's the third base coach. Bro I mean like he is the whole experience play together. I got him, I got him, I got no we score one run or two runs against we don't have everybody he uh. And then the other thing is is Bregman.
Speaker 2: Bregman was big because there is good about finding things right, because he'll and then he tells teammates too.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, you know who you know? Alex was good. Roberto Alomar. I played with him in winter ball and he was excellent about it. But like you guys know, sometimes you try like do I see it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: And no, he's making that up. No, it worked for him. You know, likes you have your check points, you have your ideas, and you're convicted about it. But uh not everybody has everybody man, Like, I'm not telling you.
Speaker 2: Centron told me he had every pitch and I'm like, dude, you hit one a any bro.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work nough. But hey man, you gotta pay attention to the ship too. That's true.
Speaker 4: Pictures, Yeah, for sure, for sure we were hit on Alex Bragman. There just one more. I thought it was a slam dunk.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 4: What is that off season like for you? Because you're saying you saw firsthand the connections he made with those young guys. What is that off season like for you when you're watching? Could he could he sign here? Could he sign here? Eventually he didn't end up signing an he went to the Cubs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this time around, Scott did a good job with Alex coaching him through the process. At one point the communication was off, and not in a bad way. I think it was more business right. Alex needed to do what was best for Scott Boris and for Alex, you know, and uh, you know, our relationship is great. We we stay in touch a little bit through the off season and you know, at one point we didn't talk because of that. But uh, that Saturday in Boston, it was a tough one, you know, because we I thought he was gonna come back. You know, at one point between Friday and Saturday, I think I was like, Okay, this is gonna happen. And then we were in a bowling event, you know, as a team because he was fan fast, and all of a sudden, everything came out bro Like, everybody left the building and it was not hard or tough. It was, you know, okay, what we're gonna do now? And credit to correct, you know. Three days later we pivot, you know, run prevention pitching Ranger Suarez, and then he made the trade right before spring train started, Caleb Durban. He's he's a good player. He's a good player. We got Monastereo ironic enough, you know, we have a better team now than what we had. I don't want to say last year during spring training because last year we had Raffie, we had Alex, we had Casas. But is a good baseball team athletic defensive. We're gonna hit and I feel very comfortab where we're at.
Speaker 3: I want to talk a little bit about that.
Speaker 5: I'm trying not to bring up last year, but you guys got a little bit of a taste back in the playoffs, ended up losing in a wild card series. A lot of different guys, a lot of moving parts. I know you're looking for maybe another upgrade at second base. There's a lot going on, Like what's the mindset right now for you as you inch closer, you know, to starting the season in major leagues here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the most important thing is getting our guys back. He's been no Roman, no Duran, Noah, Bruce Duran is back tomorrow. He's back tomorrow. So we got tackle Tuesday for Mexico. Yeah, now I'll get outside. You know, our guys back is very important because, as you guys know, is the chemistry. We get it, I understand. But to get those guys in the lineup and see how he's gonna play out, that's very important. And by Wednesday we get everybody back, we play them. I think that there's two or three decisions that we have to make roster wise. The other thing is lineup wise. We talked about it yesterday. We got Yoshida, Rafaela, A braw Anthony, Am I missing somebody else? I'm duran right. We got five outfielders for four spots. Three are gonna play, one is gonna be the age. How are we gonna manage that whole rotation? And we will make it work. I tell you that how we're gonna deploy Yoshida when he doesn't start, or a bread when he doesn't start. You know, like we're gonna have good players on the bench, which is not a problem, it's actually a blessing. But we have to talk players. This is how we're gonna do it, and then at Tacks Cincinnati when we get there and hopefully have a good season.
Speaker 4: Rom and Anthony could have been in spring training with you guys and could have denied going to Team USA. Do you do you like playing in this international tournament as AJ calls it, an exhibition, the WBC with all the superstars, is better for his development? Or would have been better for him to be in spring training this year for your team in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had that conversation and I was a full yes go When the Rosa call me. Being around Judge and Kyle Schwarber is going to be very important that I told him we have a relationship with Alex. I get it. You know, he's our guy. We play with him and we're gonna hang out with Braggy. But talk to Judge, talk to Schwarve about facing lefties. He's going to be huge. He's having a great tournament. You see the pois Man, the bats. Even in that Italy game, right it seems like people were anxious and there are bats and all that. He was calm and that's who he is. And I think this whole experience in the exhibition tournament is going to be only an exhibition if the USA.
Speaker 2: By the way, just so you know, like when Puerto Rico loses, you'll say it's an exhibition.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean as much. It means a lot, but you know what I'm saying. Like for him, he's probably the only opportunity for him to play with Judge. He will always play against Judge. He's an opportunity for him to play with Kyle. Kyle just sign a big contract with the Phillies, they're not going to play together, So having that time with them and talk about baseball and hitting and you know the other aspects of the game is going to be great for him and for us.
Speaker 5: To I want to talk a little about Jaron Duran. He's been playing for a couple of years now. I actually had an opportunity and privilege to play with him in the Olympics or in the pre pre trials.
Speaker 3: I mean, absolute study. He can fly.
Speaker 5: He was coming into his own little bit, a little immature, but at the end of the day, he's a beast. And I want to ask you this question about him. Are you looking for him kind of to take that next step being a leader on this team and you know, moving forward because we've seen a lot of really good things out of him.
Speaker 1: He's important for us. And just reading articles and then you know, watching interviews and the people talking about him. This offseason, you know, he was a four win player. Pretty good. That's pretty good, and that was a bad season, right, So I mean, if he shows up here and plays like he did last year, he's gonna help us win games. The one thing about him he got here in twenty one, so he's been through everything here. He was a backup player in twenty one. He was part of the roster squat or in the wildcard game. So he saw the good days and then he saw the bad days. And now that we were able to take that step forward, we got better. We have high expectations this year and happy for him because you know how it is man Losing sucks, you know, and finishing last, especially in this city, it's hard. He's hard on your family, on the player, on the coaches, everybody else. So for him to be able to still be in that clubhouse and let the kids know how it is is important for me, you know, as I always said, Yes the manager is important on the big league level, he's less of Alex in the clubhouse. It's better, you know, like let the players take care of the players. I'll do my thing, you know, making sure they you know, they're in the right spots. I thought that was Duran. I saw some bad bags, but you know what I'm saying, Like, my job is to set up the lineup, put him in right spots, make sure they're good at their jobs. But having Jaron Durant the clubhouse is used for us.
Speaker 2: You mentioned your roster construction a little bit earlier, and you mentioned Durban.
Speaker 1: You traded for Monasterio came over.
Speaker 2: Is it true that you're trying to go to Pat Murphy route and go whole bunch of little guys because.
Speaker 1: He won back.
Speaker 2: Yes, he went back to back Manager of the Year. So are you trying to go that route so you can win the award?
Speaker 1: I mean, if I didn't win in twenty eighteen, I'm never gonna win it.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the reality one like what one hundred and five.
Speaker 1: Games, one hundred and eight or something like that. Yeah, but now, good players athletic versatility is very important at this level. If you look, people talk about the Jays last year, but they were versatile. Clement was amazing for them. He played third, he played short, he played second. And when you have those type of players, is this here now, IKF? You know, like we can use him to help Trevor survive quote unquote the whole season. You have really good players on the bench, and when you do that, you know you can maximize the roster. You can win a lot of games. And going back to the little guys, man the strike zone will say it plays out. You know, maybe it's something that our front office they recognize and they don't take advantage of it. But by the way you mentioned Ike's here.
Speaker 2: Did you talk to Carlos Febles, who used to work for you here about the base running at third and how ikf should have had a bigger lead in the whole deal because he was there was.
Speaker 1: Actually I talked to Iksy the other day. We talk about it. You know.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: I mean, like the thing is like if Rojas doesn't slip, we're not talking about the play, yeah, Or if we don't have true media and we can filter our show against rities with bases loaded and one out, he never hits the line right to third base. You know what, I don't have true media in the dugout to kind of like make decisions based on the filters, you know, and man, it sucks for for them. It's something that you know. I know Carlos took it very hard because the criticism was. I mean, at one point in the off season I have to call him a few times, are you okay? Are you okay? And h yeah he was. But it's part of coaching it. He stops smiling because that did smiles more than anyway. I'll tell you why he's smiling right now. He's coaching the Dominicans.
Speaker 2: One more game, one more game, you never know, one more game then then it will be smiling.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's from now. That's how it works. Do or die? Make sure we got to make sure everyone knows the rule. It's either an exhibition, exhibition, a tournament of the work of the world tournament.
Speaker 4: Right, you said, you said less Alex in the clubhouse? Who's that guy? Since you can't be in the clubhouse and Braggie can't be in the clubhouse, who can Who do you feel like today on March thirteenth, can be that guy?
Speaker 1: Crochet and Trevor Story, those two. I mean what Trevor did last year? He played one hundred and fifty four games, right, So that that that says a lot right the way he goes about it. He's not a vocal leader, he's not gonna get on people's faces, but he will show up and prepare and he's gonna play hard, which is very important. And then you got Crochet every five days. You know that that's something that good teams have. Max Free last year, Derek Cole with the Yankees a few years ago, right, he's back this year school ball with Detroit. You know there's other teams in the Al East besides the Yankees, right, oh yeah, I mean both More is a good team too, really good Toronto, They're great Tampa. They're gonna pitch this here again. Back to the Trump which is painting the butt, you know, But having Cruche every five days, that's that's a leader right there. It's like Randy Johnson, Bank of the Day, Kurt Schill and Pedro Martinez every five days. You know, you're gonna have that guy that either he's going to extend the winning streak or stop the losing streak. And that's a luxury that we have.
Speaker 2: Well, you also have Sonny Yes, Stranger, Yes, Mayo Crochet, Viedo Oviedo, that's that's his favorite guy.
Speaker 1: By the way, he loves Oviedo.
Speaker 4: That that guy's a hugante man. He's a giant. Like I think he's very underrated.
Speaker 1: So good luck giant. That is throwing strikes now, so hopefully we can continue to do that. And when he's in the strike zone, he's up there with the best of the best. So we just got to throw strikes early. We have a lot of too many Wilsa is gonna be loaded.
Speaker 2: Why do you navigate the Al East because honestly, I mean, Yankees are obviously always the rival of the Red Sox, but the Blue Jays were a few inches from winning the World Series. The Oriols in Tampa's just kind of Tampa, right, they figure it out somehow, and they you know, they're in it.
Speaker 1: They will pitch, they're gonna play defense. Last year, I remember around this time, nobody was talking about Toronto the previous year. They just had a bad season. Bo was hurt, Laddy didn't play well. George West banged up. Your star players played at stars. You know what's gonna happen. You're gonna make the playoffs. And they have pitching, right, they will have pitching this year. Again, Baltimore is kind of like the same. It's basically Toronto last year. And with young teams you have to be patient, right, Like it was like Houston in sixteen fifteen they make it, do plaoffs in fifteen. They don't make it in sixteen because the league is kind of like, oh, they're good, so we have to fucking play hard against them, right, same thing with Baltimore this year. They have talent. Man, they're gonna be in the hunt. We're gonna be in the hunt. I don't know how many teams are gonna make it out of the Al East because we're gonna be banging heads, but man, it is I think all around the league is very competitive. We are in a great I mean as a sport, we're in a great spot. You know, like any night, any team can beat you because somebody in that mound is going to be throwing ninety seven and if they're throwing strikes that night, they can go five or six and then the bull bullpens are impossible. So Bro, we go to Cincinnati right away, Ludolo, I mean right away, abbot abbot, Yeah, but still the good it's a good rotation. Then we go to Houston. Then we got the Padres. I mean it's not easy. I'm not saying that he used to be easy when we play, but it's a little bit harder because of the pitching.
Speaker 2: So we just got to be ready. Well, Excorra, thank you. We wish you nothing but the US and go USA.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna go there for sure. If you want to visit Puerto Rico, guys, you know what, you don't have to bring your passport, right, So is the reality of it, do you guys win. We all win. That's the reality of it. But hey, no, Puerto Rico. When Joey Korra dies, he's here for his country. You know there's something special going on. True. Well, thank you, Alix. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, here we are.
Speaker 5: We got Richard Grisham back with his again, the president of Out of the Park Baseball twenty seven. As we know, it's the twenty seventh year of Out of the Park Baseball. As people are understanding, Richard, how's everything going and talk a little bit about this new upcoming OOTP man.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, I'm just I'm so happy to be here. I love Foul Territory. We've we've been able to spend a little time together over the years, so it's been amazing to watch how Foul Territory has conquered the world. So congratulations to you, guys. It's been awesome to watch. I am so yeah. Out of the Park Baseball it is. It's our twenty seventh straight year of releasing this game. It is a computer game, and it is a strategy game. So when a lot of people think about baseball video games, they think about how quick they can be with their thumbs on the controllers and stuff. But out of the park baseball is all about managing a franchise, managing a game, managing being a general manager of a real Major League Baseball franchise. So when you when you take the chair of the general manager and out of the park baseball, you know you pick your franchise and you're in complete charge, not just the major league club, but the minor league club. You know, every single player in your organization is under your purview. You make all the trades, you sign, all the free agents you you know, you can even manage all the games, you set your lineups, you'reations.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 6: It's everything about about major League Baseball that you know that you could possibly have to do. It charges you to do, and you can do as much of it as you want to, or you can you know, you can delegate as much as you want to. But either way, at the end of the day, if your team wins the World Series or if your team has the worst record in baseball, it's all on you and uh and and you've got the entire world of baseball at your fingertips, and you can be caught.
Speaker 4: If you're the one charge of the game. You can be caught misspeaking at a interview after a poor decision. But anyway, No, the one person that's not on the show today has used it the most and that's Scott. He started using it before we ever made this connection, and he has used it so much. But you've you've seen the maturation of this product. Oh oh otp. Twenty seven. What is the best? What is what is your most exciting thing about the twenty seventh version compared to some of the earlier versions.
Speaker 6: So it's a great question. So a couple of things. I mean, number one, what's awesome right now is today the game comes out today worldwide and we have the Real World Baseball Classic in it, and this is the first time we've ever had the real World Baseball Class Again it when I say the real meaning it's license. Like we've worked with Major League Baseball in the World Baseball Classic to have the real federations and the real players, and that was unthinkable not that long ago, just because we didn't have the resources available to us to do something incredible like this. So that that's something to me that you know, I know, you know, five ten, fifteen years ago, just that wouldn't have been able to happen it, but it did now, you know. And another thing that is pretty amazing when you look at the twenty seven years that this game has been made, you know, and you guys have seen it in action, right Like if you're managing a game in real time, you're you're playing it and it's being played in a beautiful three D stadium, you know, with with dynamic crowds and players running and jumping and swinging, and it looks like real baseball. It wasn't that long ago, five, six, seven, eight years ago that when you would manage a game in real time you would just see a flat screen and little tiny chest pawns sort of you know, walking around the screen. Like it's not only has it become really just beautiful to watch in action, uh, but also now that we have all of the different three D animations and the stadiums and stuff, it really it's a compelling experience. Whether you're you know, you're you're looking at all the different statistics of your guys, or whether you're managing the game. It's sort of like no matter where you go, it really just it's really just looks looks so nice, especially compared to what it did three, five, seven years ago. It's it's it's amazing the progress that it's made.
Speaker 1: Richard.
Speaker 2: I know you guys run simulations on this, and you mentioned the World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 1: Who wins?
Speaker 2: Who wins on the simulation what country wins this year's World Baseball Classic? So that way I know what I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 6: Well, I will tell you this. We've been running some sims the last few days based upon the current situation, and I'll tell you this, I don't think it's gonna be a big surprise.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: The Dominican Republic team looks really, really good. We run a lot of sims, and I'm telling you right now these days, the Dominican Republic wins the most out of all of them. But I will tell you so, you know, we run a lot of simulations for the Major League Baseball season, and there's not a tremendous amount of discrepancy at the top, but there's you know, there's usually some material difference between Okay, well, we think, you know this team is going to win. This team with a World Baseball Classic, the margins are very thin. So the Dominican Republic is coming out on top of the most but it is razor razor thin margins between them and the United States and Japan, Like, those are the three teams that are when when we run those seams, one of those three teams is winning almost all the time. Dominican Republic as a slight as but boy, it's close.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you, know, you said you can manage a team you pick and choose. Are there any other different ways that you could play this game? Or is it all just about managing your way through the whole process of out of the park baseball?
Speaker 6: There are so many ways to play perfect to play out of the park baseball, including perfect team and also drive for the pennant. So those are just a couple of different ways. So one of the reasons out of the park baseball is so popular is because it is so big, right, and you literally can manage every aspect of a major league team, not just the rosters, but the finances and the scouting and and everything. But to some people that can and be kind of overwhelming because running a major League baseball franchise is a big job and it's very complex. So there's other ways, Like if you're just a regular baseball fan, right, but you're not necessarily looking to make sure you know how much your backup shortstops fourth year salary option guarantee is you just want to experience the entire history of baseball. You know, you can jump into a mode called Drive for the Pennant that allows you to say, well, I want to go back to you know, nineteen seventy five and play the Red Sox and it'll just guide you on a path and various points during the season, it'll give you a decision, Oh, do you want to make this trade? Or oh, it's the seventh inning of a of a tie game, so now it's your opportunity to decide what to do. Or oh, you know this this injury just happened, so do you want to bring up, you know, one of your your your young guys, or do you want to go try to sign a veteran presence or something like that. So there's a mode it'll just sort of guide you on the rails of the course of a few hours over a season and you get to make decisions. That's a really fun way to play the game without having to feel like you need to manage everything. And then we also have an online competitive mode called Perfect Team where you can open digital baseball card packs and you can get current players and historical players, and you can just set a lineup in a rotation and you can send that team out to play against your friends or against a deep pool of players. And there's tournaments and there's drafts, and there's all sorts of different ways to just have fun building your team that way. So there's a bunch of different ways. And the best thing is you can you can just dip your toe in the water and have a little fun, or you can go all in and take over everything and anything in between.
Speaker 1: Richard, I just want to know.
Speaker 2: For twenty seven, Todd wants to know, did you fix the thing where the five white Sox beat the twenty twelve Reds. Still every time he swears that you rigged at game when we simulated the game against each other. So I just want to make sure that you fix that so if we do it again, Todd can win so I don't have to hear about it anymore.
Speaker 6: Listen, there's absolutely no rigging of anything out of the bark baseball. Even if I could, I wouldn't know how to do it. But there's just no way to do it. But that's I mean, you guys know this better than everybody. That's one of the greatest things about baseball is what At the end of the day, anything can happen. Anything can happen, And just when you think you've seen it all, nope, you have not. There's still something more that this incredible sport will unveil to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you need one of those umpires made a bad call. When you talk to him next, let him know I'm still mad. No, all jokes aside, Richard, We appreciate you coming on here again.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 5: Out of the park Baseball twenty seven. It's coming out today. Like Richard said, get your hands on one. It's absolutely incredible. Use your mind to play this wonderful game of baseball. That's what it's all about. Thanks again, from one Jersey guy to the next, we appreciate you man, have a great day, My pleasure.
Speaker 6: You guys are the best. All love to Foul Territory. Appreciate it. Cheers.
Speaker 3: What are YOURTP twenty seven now?
Speaker 5: By scanning, the QR code includes World Baseball Classic players, schedules and more, updated with dynamic weather, updated player models, and new animations.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Legends live in.
Speaker 7: Out of the Park Baseball twenty seven, the brand new edition of the renowned baseball strategy game enjoyed by fans around the world, is here.
Speaker 6: The newest and.
Speaker 7: Biggest version of Out of the Park Baseball is packed with loads of features and improvements, including all new advanced stats tracking changes the game. Forever play the real world baseball classic as it happens. Out of the Park Baseball twenty seven is here. The Infinite Baseball sandboxvailable March thirteenth, twenty twenty six.