Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shots streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys At now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And it is time for another edition of mix Shots. Mickey Spagnola is showing up just in the nick of time for the start of this show. In the mick of time, that's right, somebody's gotta go to a rainy day here at the Star in Frisco. And so no, there are not football players out on the football field. They are in the on the football field indoors today, right, Mickey, Yes.
Speaker 1: Ford Center, Yep, door practice.
Speaker 4: Went out there in the rain.
Speaker 1: You were just yeah, so long ways, Oh that's where Mickey is out of breath.
Speaker 3: I wanted to toss it quickly. I wanted to toss it quickly to Mickey to see how out of breath he is. After over, he is and he has some breaking news from Cowboys practice, right Mickey.
Speaker 1: And of course that I decided to speed up the process and took the elevator right to come down it was going up.
Speaker 5: And that's the only one that goes to the third floor.
Speaker 4: That's good if you're on the elevator was going up. Isn't that a good thing?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I have to come down, so give us the breaking news. What's out there?
Speaker 1: What is happening out there? Cavante Turpin, no helmet, no pads, So I don't think he's going to practice today. He was listed on the injury report. Mike said he would start with the rehab group.
Speaker 5: And it looked like.
Speaker 1: He's not going to be limited unless he goes and puts his pads on. Marquise Bell was over there also, but he was doing the chords, but he had his pads on, so chances are he'll do a little something. Tyron Smith, this looked like another rest of day for him. And if last year, last week's rest day did what that did. Just put him out there right there you go, And Bryant is wearing number seventeen.
Speaker 3: That would be not Dez. But Bryan Bill's just not going to let.
Speaker 4: That really smart, right because I'm sure there's something out there. Oh my god, that missed yesterday, Ryan Gosh.
Speaker 1: But seventeen means he's probably not ready to play anytime soon since I think another person has seventeen.
Speaker 3: Oh he's wearing number seventeen.
Speaker 6: Brandon.
Speaker 5: There you go, very good, Savannah.
Speaker 4: You guys got me on.
Speaker 3: There's the most famous seventeen Cowboys history dom, Sam Hurt done married, Come on, be funny.
Speaker 1: And us And that's about all there was to see with the ten minutes we were allowed or I was allowed to stay there.
Speaker 3: You get special privileges.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I got there a little. That's because you guys. I didn't want to get made fun of for being there for that. Yeah, all right, way Bill, I found my play by play for that first game. I talked about it, Giant the Giants game.
Speaker 3: Need a notebook? What happened to eat a notebook like I have here now?
Speaker 1: Because then it gets filled up and then you got to get another notebook.
Speaker 3: I do. I'm about run out. I got a little notebook for the first half of the season, and so at halftime of the game on Sunday, so you switched to my second notebook.
Speaker 1: So you just just get you get a different legal pad each week, and it's always on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then forget it and you start talking about whatever you wanted to talk about and it's got it right here. We got a fill time when you go searching for.
Speaker 5: It right there.
Speaker 3: I have a six to nothing. I have a little concern coming into action today.
Speaker 1: Well that is nothing but game probably.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing with Everson jokingly said, who do we play this week? Ah, that's my concern in this room.
Speaker 5: Isn't that the way players are?
Speaker 3: But that room over there, yes, is there a concern They don't know who they're playing this week?
Speaker 5: You just got to play the next game.
Speaker 4: What's the what's the attitude in the they like, you know, we were going to build on this past week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we we got in the locker room yesterday was in the morning, so they hadn't done anything.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't There wasn't a lot of availability.
Speaker 1: Feel any vibe in there. There was many players in there either, yea. So it's it's kind of hard to but just hearing.
Speaker 3: Them talk even after the game. And I've actually had the opportunity to talk with dak on Monday night at an event that he was at, I get there. There's a good positive frame of mind in that locker room coming out of the Philadelphia game. They have a determination that kind of like what we were talking at the end of the show yesterday that okay, there's a confirmation. Hey we're as good as that team on the other side, and now it's just a matter of week to week. Just take care of business and continue doing what you're doing, and you're going to be there in the end.
Speaker 1: How did McCarthy say it today? You know, we always hear about keeping your house clean. Yes, I think he doubled down. He said farm your own land and keep your house clean. I hadn't heard the farm your.
Speaker 6: Own Yeah, that was a new one.
Speaker 4: That's why we played bad against some losing teams because they don't know what the hell he's talking. That's right, coach to raise their hand and say, what the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Clean?
Speaker 3: They didn't do that against Arizona, No.
Speaker 1: They did not, and that You know, there's always some games that come back to haunt you at the end of the season.
Speaker 4: You talk about it every year.
Speaker 1: Right, there's one, right, and it's like, okay, that's gonna pay a big price for that.
Speaker 4: I think right now we're always trying to make up for San Francisco. That's that seems to be. You know, don't slip back into that frame of mind. You know, no one's thinking of you know, Philadelphia. I think made them say, okay, you guys, forget about san Fran. If we could, if we keep playing well from here on, san Fran would be in the in the in the rearview mill, especially if they keep losing. They lost three in a row.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know what happens with that game is it's one thing to get beat right, but to get drummed is another thing. When you looked at it as Okay, we'll see where we're at, and this team has haunted us over the last two years, and then you lay an egg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but when you look at the time, san Fran was the best record wise, was the best team in the NFL, and now you played against Philly record wise, best team in the NFL. So I think they're trying to They tried to make up for san Fran by being hopefully consistent from here on. Now.
Speaker 3: How do people feel about the Detroit Lions right now?
Speaker 1: I think they are pretty much overlooked.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree, I think they're really good.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're overlooked, but I think they're really good.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think they're really good.
Speaker 1: No, I think they're stocked, but I think they're good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I don't think anybody.
Speaker 1: Everybody's got this idea, Oh that's the Detroit line.
Speaker 4: I think they're thinking like that.
Speaker 6: But I'm going to play out over the next few weeks of how they do. I actually have to look up who they are playing.
Speaker 4: Everyone's going to be looking at our record versus days as we approach that game, and that.
Speaker 6: One is an end of December or early January.
Speaker 5: It's December.
Speaker 3: I think Lions are playing the Chargers this week. But and they're six and two. Okay, Cowboys are on the verge whether five and three right now, on the verge of their sixth win if they beat the Giants on Sunday. You know what happened to the Lions a couple of weeks ago. A few weeks ago, they lost to Baltimore thirty eight to six, and everybody's thinking still the San Francis, Yeah, exactly. That's that's my point. Everyone feels pretty good about the Detroit Lions and their arrow is pointed up. And yet three weeks ago they lost to Baltimore thirty eight to seven.
Speaker 4: That's when everyone said they are the number one team in the NFC. Well right, and all of a sudden they get blown out of like, oh, that's what they tell about the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: The Chargers coming up, the Bears, the Packers, and the Saints. So those are their next three games.
Speaker 1: Chargers, Bears, Packers, Saints for next four games.
Speaker 4: The only thing you worried about with those games. When I always look at the Vision games, they're always different. You can't just say, oh, well, I reckon is this? No division games and division games? So the Bears, to me, that's going to be a tough game for them. What do they play?
Speaker 6: They play the Bears at home at home that.
Speaker 3: Sunday game on Thanksgiving they play Green Bay Troy. The only reason, the only reason I brought up with the only reason I brought up with Detroit was because of their thirty eight six loss to Baltimore. Okay, you just said Chicago, it could be a tough game for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a division game.
Speaker 3: Chicago plays tonight. Chicago plays Carolina tonight. We have an opportunity tonight to scout our next opponent, Carolina.
Speaker 5: All those days between.
Speaker 3: Look out for the Carolina Panthers. A week from Sunday. Not to get ahead of ourselves. You got the Giants and then the Panthers.
Speaker 5: And they're at home.
Speaker 1: And then they get the Cowboys at home. Should have made them travel to.
Speaker 3: Chicago. Has incentive to beat Carolina because because they've got Carolina's first round drafting. Oh, they also have their own. You talk about some ammunition to get. Now, Justin Fields is highly questionable to play tonight. They haven't.
Speaker 4: They have to.
Speaker 3: Figure out they got the Beijing who rookie undrafted rookie.
Speaker 6: He's no, he's been a little good for them. Yes, she's been decent for them. I don't know how to spell.
Speaker 3: It's B, A, G, E and T beijet A Shepherd University.
Speaker 4: What where is that?
Speaker 1: It's got to be Division two.
Speaker 4: You know grambling more than you know they that school that.
Speaker 3: Is the Shepherd Shepherd. Yep, give me something, all right, I'm giving you some more here.
Speaker 4: Give me something Shepherd I mean, and I'm not just how to spell his name, but whether.
Speaker 6: Hell, I don't know what he did you know, stat wise for them in the last couple of games, but from what I did watch, Uh, the broadcast was talking about how because Fields was out, they were like this guy stepped up and he's he's actually like proven to be a pretty good leader for the most part.
Speaker 1: So West Virginia, that's Shepherd, wohs. A matter of fact, when I googled Shepherd, five things came up before the university, and one of them was pie.
Speaker 4: I mean this, I have never visited a D two.
Speaker 5: Let's see D three.
Speaker 3: Well you look that up. He and there's a reason that we're talking about Tyson Beigent here because and he has four Chicago, as Savannah alluded to, he has appeared in four games now okay, and most recently at New Orleans he was eighteen out of thirty for two hundred and twenty yards two touchdowns, but through three picks at the Chargers in a loss, twenty five out of thirty seven, two interceptions, no touchdowns. Okay, Vegas and Minnesota played. The Cowboys are about to face a quarterback here that nobody knows anything about in Tommy DeVito, right, Yeah, undrafted, but he's got a better resume coming out of college than what Beigent has out of Shepherd University because he led Tommy DeVito l at Illinois to an eight and five record last year.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: Illinois guys had a lot of success here recently.
Speaker 4: I bet Beijing's Canadian.
Speaker 3: And he's he was born in West Virginia and went to high school in West Virginia. But Tommy DeVito, I was looking at him. I didn't. Okay, we had some fun with Tommy DeVito yesterday, but I looked, dove a little deeper into his background and a Jersey guy, don't you know. He's living a dream right now playing for his hometown, home state team, the New York Giants. He's been trained to be at quarterback since he was six years old. If you look at his story growing up, and he had success we talked about. He was at don Bosco Prep, which has produced a number of NFL players coached by former NFL He got a cup of coffee in the NFL quarterback out of Rutgers Mike Teal. Okay, Mike Teal says that Tommy DeVito has the best arm of any quarterback he has been around, and then he concludes that includes NFL quarterbacks. Okay, that he's been around.
Speaker 1: So I was right there.
Speaker 3: He's a talented thrower. He he's Here's what Mike Teale said about Tommy DeVito. He's as talented a thrower as I've ever seen. He's up there with as good as the NFL guys i've seen. This was he was his high school coach.
Speaker 5: SO Division Division two.
Speaker 3: Now what you're talking about? Now you're back on Shepherd University. Okay, get finished with with Tyson, Beijing and Shephard. Go ahead?
Speaker 5: Which one was Beijing? Shepard?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: But before that they were in ai A.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're not playing Chicago this week.
Speaker 1: Before that, before that, they were in the Mason Dixon Conference.
Speaker 4: I want to hear this, thank you. Yes, I'm with you. I want to hear this because I just want to know what they do. Give me something on them.
Speaker 1: Thank you with their their conferences, Mountain East Conference, the mich.
Speaker 3: Conference.
Speaker 1: No, that was before joining the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference.
Speaker 4: This is very interesting to me. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we're done with Tyson Bajing. Okay, that gets you get you ready for too much? That gets you ready for tonight only. The reason I brought up tonight's game is because the Cowboys next opponent after New York it's Carolina, not Chicago. Can I get back on Tommy DeVito's the task at hand here, and.
Speaker 1: We don't want to hear anything about four seasons anymore.
Speaker 3: No, we're not. I mean, I'm serious. I'm I stayed up late last night researching back in six You know what happened in sixty three, sixty years ago tomorrow? In sixty three, it was relatively early November. Mike McCarthy was born. His sixty third day is tomorrow. Oh, okay, all right, back on Tommy DeVito. He's as talented a thrower as I've ever seen, says Mike Teal, who was a star quarterback at Rutgers and was drafted actually by the Seattle Seahawks, and was his high school coach at Don Bosco Prep in New Jersey. Okay, Tommy DeVito was under armor All American, led his high school to a state championship, and they had been down for several years before he got there. Trent Dilfer, who is he was invited to the Elite eleven camp. Okay, Tommy DeVito was. And Trent Dilfer runs that. He says, if de Veto had played six A high school football in Texas, he would have been a five star recruit. He had that kind of talent. Okay, Okay. Instead he was in New Jersey, Okay. He has been trained by a quarterback trainer since he was six years old. Has a compact throwing style. He at the Elite eleven camp, he roomed with Tua and then he performed so well there he got invited to the opening up in Portland, a Nike deal, and so he was highly touted coming out of high school and wound up had several offers and wound up going to Syracuse and actually started in twenty nineteen at Syracughes and then he wound up transferring to Illinois and led them to an eight and five record last year. He has six one, two hundred and ten pounds and when you look at him, he could run around a little bit. And when you look at him, he reminds me a little bit to Brock Purty. He's the same size as Brock Purty, six one two ten. Ok Now, the question will be he doesn't have the team around him that Brock Purdy has around him. But the question will be, also can he process like Purdy has? But he's he's got a number of snaps in college underneath his belt, you know, And so.
Speaker 5: Sounds like he's Tony Romo.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's the other thing. Look at the guys in not only Cowboys history but around the NFL. Who he's in Tony. Remember when Romo was in camp, who was ahead of him on the depth chart? You know? Three, you had Quincy still.
Speaker 5: Here, Oh it was the baseball player.
Speaker 3: Then Chad Hutchinson, No, the Drew Henson.
Speaker 5: Henson, okay, he was in that.
Speaker 3: He was buying him for a little bit. And then you brought Bledsoe in and you had Vinnie in here, and all along, the best quarterback in camp was probably Romo during those three years. You know, he finally got an opportunity his fourth year.
Speaker 5: In two thousand and four.
Speaker 1: If Quincy Carter doesn't get cut, Romo gets cut, right, because they brought in Testa Verity to beat a backup to Quincy. And then they had just made that trade to get Henson in here, and they paid him some money, so he was gonna make it and then Romo.
Speaker 3: And Romo is a guy who had a lot of snaps in college.
Speaker 1: Played four full seasons Easter in Illinois and was the Walter Payton Award winner YEP for the best division one double A.
Speaker 4: It was so white.
Speaker 3: So where the Giants are right now with Daniel Jones going out for the year, Tyrod Taylor uninjured reserve, now they get to take a look at Tommy DeVito and they're hoping Tommy DeVito winds up being there, Tony Romo or their Brock Purty, well.
Speaker 4: Party fewer mistakes by party. You know, even throughout his early career, he just didn't He didn't have the propensity to.
Speaker 3: Throw until until Deebo got hurt and he didn't have Trent Williams and again Cincinnati the and then and.
Speaker 5: Then they had to play from behind.
Speaker 4: And they had to play with lesser talented players, because that's what he's dealing with. So you put receiver right now, lesser talented play right.
Speaker 3: So a year ago, at this time, what do we know about brock Purty Outside he was he had a nice career at Iowa State, and he was the last pick in the draft and he hadn't got an opportunity to yet in San Francisco. And then he gets put on a great team and doesn't make mistakes. But if you put Rock Purty on this Giant's team, he's not going to be brock Purdy, he's not, no.
Speaker 4: Not and that that show when we finally found his weakness as far as playing from behind, that's something that he seems to have a problem with. And you know everyone's got the achilles heell, that seems to be his. But I'm waiting to see what the vitos. Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 3: The point of all this is the Cowboys got to be ready to play because tell me, Doto could be their brock Birdy.
Speaker 4: If you cover those wide receivers, you can throw them, He can throw them to the way he wants to throw them. If you're if you're pasted to that wide receiver, then it's yours. So I'm never really worried necessarily about the quarterback himself. You have to worry about the wide receiver. If you're a cornerback or a dB linebacker, you know, cover your man. Any quarterback right now can hit an open receiver. That's just that's that's the way it is. You let Dobbs come in, you let him hit an open receiver, you're gonna have problems. You don't stop the run so the doves won't be under so much pressure, then you're gonna lose. You're gonna have those problems.
Speaker 3: You don't, and you don't think the Giants aren't looking at that Cardinal's tape to see, Okay, how did Dobbs have success? That's why this guy can run something.
Speaker 4: No one really, I wouldn't say, cared about dob but you weren't thinking of him as that person that we think of him now, you know, the person that came into Minnesota and did a good job, the person that beat Dallas and and running away. Now all of a sudden, his reputation's up here. We don't want him to make a rep on us. We don't want to Veil making a rep on us.
Speaker 1: So here's the Giants problem. Evan Neil, Ben Breddison, John Michael Schmidtz, Justin Pugh and Andrew Thomas, all that stuff we heard about the Giants before the season started, right, people were picking the Giants by the way to beat the Cowboys in that opening because they added you know, the oh that defensive front with Dexter Lawrence and Ashawn Robinson. And now they picked up Cavon Thibodeau, all this and all this, they got this guy, they got drafted tight end Jalen Hyatt, and they forgot about improving their offensive line, and it's coming back to bite them in the butt because they've lost two quarterbacks to injuries. Right.
Speaker 3: Well, the issue that they've had on their offensive line has Andrew Thomas, who was playing at a pro bowl level last year, got hurt that first game of the year against the Cowboys, and so he's been out for seven games and he returned last last week.
Speaker 1: Well, he was the one that falls started that got him in trouble. It's eight yard line.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people that fall start.
Speaker 5: When his lined up.
Speaker 3: The one that Evan Neil, the right tackle, is the one that It's not like they haven't invested in their offensive line.
Speaker 6: He's injured.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well in his first round pick, but he's been and he's been playing all year. In last game he got hurt and uh, but but he is not. He has underperformed at right tackle.
Speaker 4: And once again, the reminder of the first game is first drive they were driving on us. I mean, you know, it was looking like until a.
Speaker 3: Fall started with a bad snap, false start and then a loss of fourteen yards on a bad snap and then a block field goal, and there goes the Giant season.
Speaker 1: Third and two eight. Yeah, then the next game they scored thirty one points, and since they haven't scored more than sixteen in any game.
Speaker 3: But you mentioned their offensive line. In twenty twenty, they spent the fourth pick in the draft on Andrew Thomas and in twenty twenty two, the seventh pick in the draft on Evan Neil. So they have invested in their offensive line. But just because you spend picks there doesn't mean that they're the players that you thought they were. Although Andrew Thomas has been here after a shaky first year.
Speaker 1: Justin Pugh of free agent pickup, uh yeah, somehow his name brings yes.
Speaker 3: He was signed in early October. Man. He's a veteran guy who walked in the door and started games for him now too, and he's actually shored things up a little bit.
Speaker 6: So the person that will replace Evan Neil will be Tyree Phillips out of Mississippi State. He's been in the league since twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: He was with Baltimore right and he was a third round draft pick in twenty twenty. So and here's a here we gotta break, we gotta go way.
Speaker 4: Talking giants though time good stuff.
Speaker 5: Second break it is.
Speaker 6: We've been talking giants.
Speaker 1: There you go, Yes, all right, I got one for you when we come back in a moment.
Speaker 3: Here on mix shots.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: They snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped left. He'll look full a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 8: You know that sounds anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping. There's no topping of cool PEPSI finish nachos better with PEPSI.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite wood a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgate. It's going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning Swager Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Light and the Cup, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 3: Demict shuts.
Speaker 6: K Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: All right, we continue with our giants talk.
Speaker 1: Yes, and everybody's talking about you know, they just got to hand the ball off to Saquon Barkley and that'll solve all their problems. Don't let Tommy DeVito throw the ball too many times. Well, I looked up Barkley's stats and we've been talking about what the Giants' offensive line. Yes, Barkley right now has rushed for twenty eight more yards than Tony Pollard, and both guys right now are averaging four point yards per carry, four point zero four point zero yards per carry, and Tony Pollard has two touchdowns and Barkley has one.
Speaker 5: So when we talk.
Speaker 1: About offensive lines and one of the problems the Cowboys have been having, well, even if you're Saquon Barkley behind a porous offensive line, you're not running very well either.
Speaker 4: He had what injuries, had some problems with injuries he has.
Speaker 3: Had, yep, he has now watching him against Las Vegas, he looks like he's healthy and he ran for five and a half yards of carry against Las Vegas. Sixteen carries for ninety yards. It was long. I'm not sure what the long was, but were first series of the game he was breaking off eight and nine yards of snap. And then the game before that against the Jets he had one hundred and twenty eight yards on thirty six carries. So the last two games he has accounted for two hundred and eighteen yards on fifty two carries, which is four and a half yards of carriy no, yeah, four and a half yards of carriage.
Speaker 5: So he had a long of twenty six.
Speaker 4: And see that's the thing about this game. I don't feel like being surprised again. I don't want another Cardinal's field. Now, having said that we rarely do this at home, we used the one we you.
Speaker 3: Know, eleven straight wins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, use the when we do something like what we did in Arizona, it's on the road.
Speaker 1: Here was here was old Tommy boys problem against the Raiders. He was sacked six times.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, and Daniel Jones was sacked twice and then eight total eight sacks.
Speaker 6: But that goes to show their O line is not holding and when you.
Speaker 3: Maybe they need to hold, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know when you're looking at our defense, who's been very consistent and Michael Parsons especially, you should be a little scared if you're Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 1: So in the last two games, they're quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: Have been sacked ten times.
Speaker 4: Ten times.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in the last two games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got well, they got.
Speaker 3: Eight and one game, so they did well. In the other game, only got sacked twice.
Speaker 1: No six, eight, oh, no twelve, they each got sacked. Jones and to Vido each got sacked twice.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I mean, obviously, if you're the Giants, we're going to run the ball.
Speaker 1: And the week before that, Tyrod Taylor sacked four times.
Speaker 3: They've been sacked as a team forty nine times this year.
Speaker 5: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: That's why I figured it out that they were on they were on pace for like ninety six sacks.
Speaker 5: That's unheard of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's why they're going to be running the ball against.
Speaker 3: Us, or they should be. We thought they would be against in the season opener, and they were. They ran the ball the first drive and then after that not so much.
Speaker 4: Well, they thought Daniel Jones was washed.
Speaker 1: By the Yeah, yeah, yeah, run your quarterback and then go see where he's at on the bench.
Speaker 3: They ran it, or the infirmary.
Speaker 1: They ran it twenty They ran it twenty five times.
Speaker 5: Twenty five times.
Speaker 1: Against the Raiders, they ran it.
Speaker 3: And that was a game that was way that can't be right.
Speaker 1: What rushing against the Jets says they ran the ball fifty two times.
Speaker 3: Yes, Barkley had thirty six carries against.
Speaker 5: So you wonder if he had one hundred, it was.
Speaker 3: Like three and a half yards of carry point six Did.
Speaker 4: They win the game?
Speaker 5: Scored ten points.
Speaker 4: Well, even when we were knocking the heck out of Jones, they kept running him. You know, they kept calling playing unlace no, that wast nose scrambles, that was rpo when he for some reason they kept doing.
Speaker 3: But this is the first time that Tommy DeVito has taken all the snaps in practice this week. Seconcern you, Mickey.
Speaker 4: A little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Against the Cowboys, they rant it twenty eight times and Daniel Jones led the the army with thirteen runs the ground attack thirteen and they kept running them when the score was like thirty four to nothing.
Speaker 5: What was that about?
Speaker 3: Because they didn't want it to be fifty four to That just get the clock going right. Barkley had twelve carries for fifty one yards against the Cowboys and the opener.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure that that's not going to be their game plan is to put the quarterback in danger as they did Jones. I can't see him doing that.
Speaker 1: Now because the backup just arrived, right, and that Barkley.
Speaker 5: Is that who?
Speaker 4: Yeah, another Barkley.
Speaker 6: There are other backup Matt Barkley from US.
Speaker 3: He.
Speaker 5: Got a few years from under him.
Speaker 3: And on defense, the guy that just jumps off the screen at you is number ninety seven, Dexter Lawrence three d and forty pounds and he gets doubled or tripled team about every play. Now, they traded away Leonard Williams, I like, yeah, and Thibodau had re sacks against.
Speaker 1: The Jet Which one do they put up against Steele?
Speaker 3: Lawrence is the inside guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lawrence is in.
Speaker 4: Is going to go up against them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it doesn't matter. If he's in, he can be out.
Speaker 3: They can, but he's that's not what he does.
Speaker 1: I know they could play that wide nine that gives the Cowboy.
Speaker 3: Although I wouldn't put past Dexter Lawrence being able to get to the quarterback as a wide nine.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, I watched a couple of plays that Steele struggled down.
Speaker 5: I think it was a sack each time.
Speaker 1: It was weird because I don't know if it was the same guy did it twice, but he let him get into him right, The guy stunned him and then he just kind of went off, You've got to use your hands and get out right, and he let the guy get into his body and it stopped his momentum and the guy just went right around him inside both times.
Speaker 4: And and that that's all about footwork. You could see his footwork was bad.
Speaker 5: It was none.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I think obviously that injury is really affecting his footwork. He's he's not moving well at all. And that's what we always admired about him as a big man able to move right as well as he was a year ago.
Speaker 1: Now he was better when he was healthy run blocking than he was in past protection right, but not like that. So yeah, But have we.
Speaker 6: Seen any issues with him in the previous games outside of the Eagles, Like, is there any standout plays that you guys can remember where there was an issue, because I think it it was really just against the Eagles is where we started to notice a couple of things been a little consistent, I would say in the other matchups, right, because there hasn't been anything noticeable, not like outside of the Eagles. So has he been playing and it was just the match up.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe he was because they were basically silent count the whole game. By the way, I don't know if that bothered him, but that's a good point he's had. He's had some I think, uh, pass blocking problems, but not to that extent.
Speaker 4: How did he play in losses? I think, is yeah, something that we should look at because you know, that's where we were having problems. We couldn't keep the keep the quarterback safe, right, But it wasn't as glamoring as as Surmanda was saying as it was against the Equals.
Speaker 1: And then you know what also happens is obviously none of the offensive linemen are perfect. But when I was going back and listening, it was like on TV they pointed out how poorly he was playing. So now everybody out there that's not at the game, they're hearing, oh, he played bad, and then it just kind of well, snowballs, but he did they weren't wrong. But when it gets pointed out right now, everybody's got.
Speaker 3: Coming off in a cl injury. I mean it could be the cumulative effect of having now played eight straight games on that, you know.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't just the ACL he hit the triple crown, got all three of them well, I.
Speaker 4: Mean we also had the buyeh. I mean, so it's not just eight straight weeks.
Speaker 3: We have been toys. This is the second straight week after the buye. So, and you got a bunch of games in a short amount of time coming up starting Sunday, three games and twelve days, four game, four games and nineteen days, and we continue with more mix shots.
Speaker 5: In a moment, you're taking the breath.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 2: Cowboys football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Cup, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Milierbrown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 3: They snapped the press guy who looks white.
Speaker 4: It's not there.
Speaker 3: He escape flapt. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 7: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a cool, pepsy finish nachos better with pepsi. That's what I likes.
Speaker 6: Sean Polite is your twenty twenty three Cowboys Fan of the Year, and now he needs your help. Vote for Sean to be giving the ultimate title of NFL Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan by casting your vote at NFL dot com slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 4: I gotta say before we move on, you take all the drama out of this. The readings, which is tracks has always made us just, don't you know yours? Is it's so you know?
Speaker 3: Perfect?
Speaker 1: Yes, they don't have to they don't have the nerve to criticize.
Speaker 4: No, no, she hasn't given us anything to criticize. I'm waiting on something that she don't give us.
Speaker 3: And there's so much more enjoyable.
Speaker 4: Boys, Yeah, there's so much more.
Speaker 3: Can we just for all the time? Can you hand that copy over to Mickey? Just no, no, no time, say just provide laughter.
Speaker 6: He's going to have to do this tomorrow. I won't be here tomorrow and I don't kill so someone's going to have to pick up the pick up the pace next week.
Speaker 1: So we've been talking about how the Giants need to run the ball, right, So I just happened to look and see and in Cowboys have played eight game games, right, yep, only one team has averaged more than four point one yards of carry.
Speaker 5: Running the ball. You know who that was? Who it was Arizona.
Speaker 1: They happened to average seven point four yards of carry.
Speaker 5: Still in that game, oh, in that game.
Speaker 1: In that game, okay, And the reason why they ended up with thirty carries for two hundred and twenty two yards thanks to Joshua dobbs On six carries going for fifty five and Rondell Moore three carries for fifty four, including the forty five yard touchdown. So you said, by the way, Bill that they need to pull up the tape of the Arizona game running that far right.
Speaker 4: That's a secondary issue because there's no recognition by secondary at all. Your safety, that's what your safeties are there for. It's no way that the quarterback should be behind the safety on a scramble.
Speaker 1: So they had five carry Joshua Dobbs had five carries for eleven yards and one carry for forty four yards. So they allowed big plays in that game. They had a twenty six yard run, a forty four yard run, and a forty five yard run for a touchdown. That'll beat you everything.
Speaker 4: That's safety. That's all secondary stuff right there.
Speaker 3: Nick Harris has an interesting tweet that Mickey won't like. Yes, the Dallas Cowboys have twelve players in the top ten of Pro Football Focus graded position rankings through Week nine, the most of any team in the NFL.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go to school on that.
Speaker 3: I told you would like it.
Speaker 4: Football Focus. That's a pretty credible the players.
Speaker 3: Would you like to know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, spags, what'd you like to know?
Speaker 1: I didn't I was looking something up, all right.
Speaker 3: Tyler Smith third of eighty offensive guards graded. He ranks number three in the league. How do you think I heard that? Yeah about that? Hunter Lipke third out of ten full backs in the litterly ten full backs. Yeah, he's third. D law fourth out of one hundred and seven edge rushers.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, they need to play him more snaps. He's been playing less than fifty percent of the snaps lately.
Speaker 4: Has he talked about it?
Speaker 3: No, But well maybe that's why he's playing so effectively. Well maybe they got a rotation going there because they.
Speaker 1: Used Armstrong quite a bit in the game.
Speaker 5: On Sunday against He.
Speaker 3: Yeah, deron blaand and fifth out of one hundred fourteen cornerbacks. What do you think of that, mister corner.
Speaker 1: Well, we can see that pre touchdowns need pro football for tell us that it's only giving up one touchdown, right the one too? Was it Davonte Adams?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ceedee Lamb fifth out of one hundred eighteen wide receivers.
Speaker 6: Not shocked there, okay.
Speaker 3: Osa Odigazua fifth out of one hundred twenty six defensive tackles. Michael Parson sixth out of one hundred and seven edge rusher six. So DeMarcus Lawrence is fourth and Michael Parson's sixth. This is Pro Football Focus graded position rankings. Jake Ferguson sixth out of sixty eight tight ends, Tyron Smith eighth out of seventy seven tackles.
Speaker 4: That's surprising.
Speaker 3: Dak Prescott ninth out of thirty six quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: Ranked seventh right now in.
Speaker 3: Quarterbacks, Zach Martin tenth out of eighty offensive guards, and Mark east Bell tenth out of eighty one linebackers.
Speaker 4: Markis Bell.
Speaker 3: There you go, So, Mackey, what do you think of Pro Football Focus? Now?
Speaker 1: What do you think of ticket Source? Some reason they found my email and sent me this. Ticket Source says they carried out a new study to reveal the most influential teams in the league, and the Dallas Cowboys rank number one. And it looks like it's judged by Instagram, X, Facebook, Google, searches Wikipedia and they come up with an influent score. The Cowboys were first, New England was second, Philadelphia was third, Pittsburgh was fourth.
Speaker 4: And Green Bay was fifth.
Speaker 1: Ticket Source ticket Source.
Speaker 3: I have no, we didn't need We could have figured that album right.
Speaker 5: Most influent show, Yeah, that's easy.
Speaker 3: Most.
Speaker 1: Every time we say so, They're still America's team.
Speaker 4: No doubt. No, every time we play we get the highest ratings. I mean that still never changes.
Speaker 1: Well, that was the game on Sunday, right, did you.
Speaker 5: Get the ratings?
Speaker 3: I didn't say it.
Speaker 1: I heard somebody mention that it was the most watched game on television so far or watched show.
Speaker 3: Well, you go back in September, remember when Taylor Swift showed up at the Kansas City game that was supposedly the most watched game ever. Well, Kansas City was up on Chicago that game, like thirty five to nothing at halftime, and they switched to the Cowboys Cards game at halftime. And so the real reason wasn't Taylor Swift. It was because the Cowboys were on.
Speaker 1: Well, I heard, and I believe it was the Chargers. It was either the Charger, No, it was the Rams game. That the station, the NFL, the station in Tyler air the Texans game instead of the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Like they switched to it.
Speaker 1: They heard it. It was scheduled to be because they considered Tyler a in between market, like they close to Houston, close.
Speaker 4: To ain't it ninety miles away from us?
Speaker 5: The people were pr that's.
Speaker 3: That's like when you get people from New York making those decisions like.
Speaker 4: Saying that the Cowboys. Yeah, well, we're in Beaumont's.
Speaker 1: When somebody told me that, I said, did did the NFL realize that? Back in the day when there were blackouts, still in the eighties, when it wasn't the sellout, people used to drive to Tyler get a hotel room so they could walk that.
Speaker 3: We had a cowboy in ten I said on our house that picked up the Tyler station.
Speaker 1: And I pointed that out too, by the way, and the and the NFL said, no, you're you're doing the Texans didn't go over Bow.
Speaker 3: The last time they make that decision, right, all right, we're out of time on this edition of mix Shots. Some of us will be here for a fabulous football fight song Friday tomorrow. I'll listen.
Speaker 6: I'll be listening.
Speaker 1: Don't you worry what I bet she gives us picks to click while somebody else on Friday didn't do that.
Speaker 3: I didn't feel very confident with my picks.
Speaker 4: Actually, But you had done it better. You had done the score. You were closest to the score. Yeah, that's right, you were here.
Speaker 3: All right, We'll see you tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 4: Go cowboys.
Speaker 1: Guess it's been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club