Speaker 1: I got to come see the new house.
Speaker 2: You haven't been here?
Speaker 1: No, I have agoraphobia. I never leave the house.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're a training that's like so that's like all the girls.
Speaker 1: Hello, beauties, Welcome to another Beauty Translated minisode. Minisode number eleven to be exact. This time, I'm joined by past guest and friend Zeta Zane. Welcome back, Zada, Thank you so much for being here. How have you been. I've been doing well. I've just been here in my closet recording podcasts with a puppy. But how have you been miss?
Speaker 4: I actually got a new puppy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, introduce us.
Speaker 2: Awesome precious.
Speaker 1: Yes, that looks like my sunny, except my sunny is like the apricot color.
Speaker 4: He's a Barnado.
Speaker 1: Berniese mountain dog and a doodle. We need to have a puppy day.
Speaker 4: So that'd be so cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna catch up with Zeta and all of her excellent news and are let's celebrate that segment. But first we're gonna talk about why we fucking hate it here? Yeah, why we fucking hate it here? So I have a couple of things I wanted to discuss versus like this ongoing thing with like Lance Armstrong and Caitlin Jenner.
Speaker 2: What are what are those two men saying?
Speaker 1: Right? What do they have to say? Well, the men while the men are talking talking, So yeah, they think that trans people should not participate in in gendered sports. I had this whole thing, I had, and so like a week ago, they recorded a podcast together and they have of course together, Lance Armstrong and Kaitlyn Jenner are the only thing that they're going to fucking talk about is trans people in sports. And of course, Lance Armstrong's take, many people were surprised to learn, was that he feels that trans people should have their own category of sports and should not be able to participate in engendered sports. And Caitlyn Jenner agrees with him, of course, And I just I find it funny and ironic because Caitlyn Jenner is a tranny who plays golf in the Women's Golfing League and Lance Armstrong is most famous for cheating and in his sport and only having one testicle. So like, like, you know that tea is a little low, Mama, The tea levels are low.
Speaker 2: Can we get it?
Speaker 1: Can we get it? Can we get a look at his levels.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you how I feel about these conversations. Honestly, the trans people in sports conversations are just bait. Yes, that's really all it is.
Speaker 4: It's bait.
Speaker 3: It's it's the easiest way to generate engagement these days to be a SIS person or even a white late transitioner.
Speaker 2: You know who it's, mam. But you know it's it's.
Speaker 3: Really easy to generate engagement when you talk about things that quite frankly, you don't know enough about. And even more so than that, these conversations are so they're invalid because they like from the jump, because they assume that we're all the same, they all trans people are the same, and we're just we're absolutely not. You know, listen, I'm not someone who wants to participate in sports. I don't really see that for myself. This doesn't really fit my fantasy, you know.
Speaker 1: But it's not that type of girl.
Speaker 4: We have another kind of girl.
Speaker 3: But honestly, if you really think about a carbon if I was Caitlin Jenner and I was that bricky and you know, old, and I said I really transitioned that late, I too would think that no trans people deserve to be in sports. But that's the thing, Like, you know, one thing that these conversations lack is nuanced. And you know, listen, life is not about black and white answers, even if it hurts your feelings.
Speaker 4: You know, that's the truth of the matter.
Speaker 3: I'm not about to get like Joe Rogan on it of right, you know, or anything like that, But I'm saying, like there are moments there are people that have literally been on hormones or blockers since they were kids, right, you know what I mean, Like their biology is so similar to like the a natal person of their gender. You know, so those people, like, you know, like there are.
Speaker 1: Just like versus somebody who started when they were fifty or.
Speaker 3: Exactly, you know, exactly, And like that's the thing people don't understand, Like we're all so people are all so different across the board, and you know, a lot of this ship if we're got to be real about it's a case by case basis. I mean, I'm like that's the realty, you know. Like everyone wants an easy answer, you know, people want easy answers. They want an answer that covers a wide gamut of questions and issues that matter to them, and so that's why we keep seeing these lame discussions that they're honestly tired, they're they're overdone, and we keep seeing these discussions about trans people in sports, and it's just because people don't want to.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they don't want to or if they're just not at that point yet.
Speaker 3: It's you know, we're at that point where like, you know, we need to show people that we're all we're all different. They know we're here now, they know we're here, We've come out of the shadows. They know that we you know, deserve to like live or whatever. Will kind of in some places they do, but you know, like getting like but actually looking at us as you know, subdivisions of various trans people who make up a trans population.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a lot, Yeah, there's a lot, a lot of variety.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I just want I want to say, like, honestly, the gender conversations, you know, unless we're the ones doing it like you, girls like us, you know, hush that girls like us, Unless we're the ones having those conversations on a podcast, it's just all.
Speaker 4: A part of the gender grift.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a total grift right now, that so many people are cashing in on.
Speaker 4: It's like a gold rush.
Speaker 1: You know, and it's the only thing that's made Lance Armstrong relevant. And I want to also say this show, the show that he's on, the reality show that he's on, fucking called Stars on Mars, which is like supposed to be a bunch of celebrities I've never heard of, including Lance Armstrong, that are pretending to be on Mars in this reality show, and there is they're promoting a clip of him discussing his like basically doubling down on his position on the show. Adam Rippon is one of the other I do know who Adam Rippon is. He's the gay figure skater.
Speaker 4: He's one of schwarts from vander Hump Rolls is on there as well.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, he has him there. He's trying to rehab his reputation.
Speaker 1: We don't want to talk about that, but Adam Rippon, you know, a bunch of people in the house challenged Lance Armstrong on this stance he took on the podcast with Caitlyn Jenner, and uh, they basically told him all that they don't fuck with him anymore. They're like on the show, Yeah, they're like They're like, yeah, I'm not a fan of Lance, and you know, like it's.
Speaker 4: Oh, I need to see that episode. I need to watch that.
Speaker 1: It comes out today.
Speaker 4: Damn di does he get royalties if we watch that?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 1: Probably? And like there, I feel like all of this, like I have a I'm a conspiracy theorist about this kind of stuff. I feel like all of this is just to boost the numbers for Lance and to boost the numbers for this fucking show.
Speaker 3: You know, I agree, because talking about trans people is the fastest way to get yourself on the front page of any website, is the fastest way to turn yourself into a trending topic, because you know, we're so polarizing, you know, even though we're humans, you know, we're so polarizing our existence and how we live our life and the things that.
Speaker 4: We go through ticket where we are.
Speaker 3: It's a polarizing thing for a lot of people because most people can't even comprehend the concept of you know, having dysphoria or just like being translated.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't make sense to them.
Speaker 3: You know, And I get it. I kind of get it because you know, let me put it this way, I'm gonna draw I'm gonna draw a parallel for you. I was watching One thousand Pounds Sisters last.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, those girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love them.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: To tell you something, I will admit, when I first started watching the show, I didn't have a lot of empathy at first because I they were When I looked at them, I was like, they're the way they look is really foreign to me. And that was definitely like a moment of like me being like fat phobic, right, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, Then that when I when that, when that went off in my head, I was like, oh my god, yeah, this is how like transphobia works. Like they look at us and they're like that don't make no sense to me, Like how did we get here?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: And then the other thing about it is like even when you're it doesn't matter if you pass or not, because they're still going to do that if they know your tea, they're still going to have those those thoughts in her head. So it's like, you know, we all have the potential to be a little bit prejudiced to someone just because they're unfamiliar to us. It just so happens that we're everyone's favorite target, right, now.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, because yeah, that's the time we're living on.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, you know, I'm not saying I empathize with transphobes or anything like that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I found myself in positions where I wasn't being the best person because I judge someone by their appearance or my perception of their lifestyle. I've had moments like that, and I just want to you know, I just think that's something that we all need to like really talk about. And I'm like, I'm saying, like, we don't have real conversations these days. All the conversations are to drum up, used to drum up clicks, and you know, so it's good to like actually like stay here and talk to you about it, because that's the real tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had no career before you started.
Speaker 1: Talking about us, right exactly.
Speaker 3: It's it's plain as day. It's the gender grift. Like so many people catching on are cashing into.
Speaker 2: The gender drift.
Speaker 3: So many people, Yeah, people are using it to get themselves elected to office.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, And I truly believe that will be the only way the Republicans are going to try to get into the office in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, they have no platform, so you know, it's just easy to focus on us.
Speaker 2: We're the newest well you.
Speaker 3: Know, everyone else were the newest thing on the block, right, you know, we've been here forever.
Speaker 4: But you know, I mean and yeah, I just.
Speaker 1: Want to point out like a couple of last things I want to say about the like trans people in sports whatever, it is all a grift, It is all of a distraction because when you think about it, the Olympic Athletes Association settled this years ago. Many sports associations settled this thing years ago. Why is it just now being dug back up? And it's literally all about fodder for for getting people to engage and to you know, sign on with these transphobic beliefs. And the only other thing I want to say too is that, like, our bodies are such a big part of the conversation when it comes to trans people in sports and how weird and different our bodies are, but so many people tend to forget that, like male and female CISP bodies are also very very weird varied. Yes, they're very varied.
Speaker 2: Have you just weird? Does our as we are?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Have you ever seen men with titties that.
Speaker 3: Got everywhere everywhere day and when I'm out, no wrong, right have you seen?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And it's like and it's like humans are varied in general, you know, and so I for me, it all just looks like a grift because you're telling me that a woman as cists woman can't become stronger than than me. H, that's a fucking lie because look I.
Speaker 4: I meet Ronda Rousey and Ali she sucking me up.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, thank you, thank you me. And first of all, she's transphombing too, so she's definitely gonna wunk me up.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to try our best to fuck her up.
Speaker 2: We have to get a crew because.
Speaker 1: The time is that bitch has been punched in the face. She's going to need f FS by the time she.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, I mean listen, And that's the other thing, Like a lot of I've seen some woman with braw bones like Easter Island datues, you know, so like it's really like, you know, what's really going on. People come in alls and sizes. It's just easy to escapegoat a poorly understood group people for a gain. And you know, we're just you know, this this the time that we're in. It's all about engagement amplification, and you know, this is just what people are resonating with because you know, for better or worse, you know, society, I guess in general and not and I want to I don't want to be specific like here, like I want to say, like Western society is kind of like grab with a debate that they've never had.
Speaker 2: To have before.
Speaker 3: You know, you have to remember like even when the gays were marching for their rights during you know, Stone after stone wall, postone Wall, they you know, we we were not welcomed in their activism, their their activist spaces.
Speaker 1: So or even in their in their gay spaces that weren't yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: And you'll see, like you know, there's videos like if for anyone listening, if you've never heard of Sylvia Rivera, please google her. She has a very famous speech called y'all bet or quiet down now. And in that speech, she's addressing a large group of gay men who are marching for their rights and for you know, you know, equality, and she's like, y'all, I'm not going to cast me out of this, like I fought for y'all, I you know, you're not going to exclude me. And that has been the narrative for such a long time. You know, we because it's like we got to gay marriage, we got all this stuff right, but trans people were never it was always like station.
Speaker 1: It was always like we'll get to you later, you know.
Speaker 3: And I've talked about this before in some of my writing. When I worked for Woosy.
Speaker 4: You know, the hrc.
Speaker 3: Knew that bathroom laws were going to be the next like you know assault, like writing assault to LGBTQ people. But they thought that the trade off of pushing gay marriage through you know, trumped for lack of a better term, you know, any need to pursue like trans equality initiatives. So you know, just saying that, you know, just like think about that. Like our major advocacy group, the biggest advocate degree that we have for lgbtq QQ rights in America, literally saw the signs and ignored them. Now I'm not saying that they were the only like arbiters of like our safety and they were like they were like the main but they're the front line that they're the money, right, They're the money gays, They're the games of the money and money talks and like they could have like lobbied against those rules, those those laws and all of that stuff. But it's like now it's almost like because they let it, because it's gotten so big, it's grown so much. It's like HRC and their funding is not enough. Now you need, you know, empathy to come from like the highest levels of our society in order for people to see that we actually deserve to be here. So you know, a lot of people have let us down up until this point, and that's why we're here right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you're going to give, you know, money to the HRC or other big LGBT organizations like that, think about maybe giving your money to a trans led organization that specifically centers the needs of trans people. Yes, that is more important now than ever. I think trans.
Speaker 4: Travel find y'all can donate to trans Travel FUD.
Speaker 1: Trans Atlanta Atlanta Housing.
Speaker 4: Atlanta, Transland Transhouses.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you also don't need to you know, like the Transgender Like Legal Center. I don't know if that's what it's called, but you know, like, you know, there are places that have trans leadership destination tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Also, we've had them on the showy.
Speaker 4: Song Southerners on new ground. Shout out to them. They do a lot of good work, and not just for trans people.
Speaker 3: They do a lot of good work, you know when it comes to like like you know, radical initiatives like ending money bail, which you know they did accomplish under Keisha line spots, and I think it got uh reverse under this new guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Real but yeah, you know, like these these motherfuckers got making so much money talking about us, you know, and they don't know anything.
Speaker 1: About us, you know what I'm saying, And they're fucking cheating themselves, so like what the fuck? You know?
Speaker 3: And you know, honestly, I wouldn't even say it's it's a vicious cycle too, because they say this ship and then anyone no offense.
Speaker 2: You know, Like we're sitting here.
Speaker 3: Talking about it, you know, you know what I'm saying because it's unfortunately it's newsworthy, right yeah, you know ya.
Speaker 2: But we also when we.
Speaker 3: Talk about it, we were able to kind of like break him down like bit by bit and really exposed like the arguments for like what they are. So you know, on top of that shit, girl, you know, every time something like this comes out, you know, you got to you gotta be out there because me, like, you know, this is the real team.
Speaker 1: Right, because I think it's all about like it's always scapegoating. So what follow the money, follow the whatever, follow the money, you know, just like look at like why these people are trying to get the attention that they are, and it's really just because Lance wants to make himself relevant again, you know. All right, listeners, we're going to take a quick break. That's it for all why we fucking hate it here. When we come back, we're going to celebrate some good news going on in Zada's life and the let celebrate that segment, all right, listeners, and we're back sat to tell us all about your new EP, boy Eyes that that just came out and your tour of Europe that you just went.
Speaker 3: Okay, awesome. So yeah, first of all, thanks for asking. You know, I worked on that project for about a year and I really earned it. I learned so much about production mastering all of that, and I feel like after that project was released, I crossed over from just being like a person who DJs really well and gets asked to DJ in places, you know, to a bona fide artist.
Speaker 4: So It's been nice to see people.
Speaker 3: Resonating with my work, you know, like the music is not just like sitting there, like it's actually getting like played, which is nice. Know I get played more like in the UK than I do and you know in America because it's a very underground sound, which is fine, you know whatever. But I am like kind of iterating on the things that I put on that last project, and we're moving in a direction. I think that it's going to see more actual like vocals, lyricism and all of that. You know, it may or may not be me, but you know it may be someone else, you know, but I'm heading it in that direction where I'm trying to, you know, just give a little bit more because like you know, I'm always telling people this, you know, like the electronic music world, it's so funny, like it started. It was started by black and queer people, and we don't own it anymore. Yeah, you know, we don't own that space anymore. And that's fine. You know, it's grown a lot and it's super diverse and it's here to stay. But I really really feel like I have a responsibility to kind of stake my aim as a black trans woman and E. D M. Because you know, there's Honey Dejeon, but there's not a lot of us, and there should be a lot of us, you know what I'm saying. Absolutely, you know, I'm not the kind of person that's like we need at least like one or two trans people. I'm like, I would I want us in every single space and I want to you know, I don't.
Speaker 4: I want us doing everything.
Speaker 3: Yes, So you know like that that if you really like showed me, like you know, you work on something really hard, you put it out there and like, honestly, my fan base is mostly like trans people and like queer people and gay men, which I love.
Speaker 2: I'm here for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually just did a trans.
Speaker 4: Party in New York City called body Hack.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that sounds amazing.
Speaker 4: Like nowadays in New York and it was nowadays is like.
Speaker 1: I want to go there. I want to go girl. I've been hearing about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's honestly incredible. But I did make a joke when I was there. Have you ever been to Musa shows?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Where is that isn't Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I've never been there.
Speaker 3: On the I made a joke that it was like a big muchacha and then like that it's like a huge like beer garden.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: But then they also have this like crazy dance floor. It's like a small it's relatively small dance floor. But the sound was designed by the same The sound was designed by an apprentice of the man who engineered the sound for Paradise Garage. So it's like the spiritual successor to Paradise Garage. And if you don't, if it were any listeners who don't know about Paradise Garage, look it up. It's kind of it's like the birthplace of like disco and a house and all of that stuff, and it you know, it's a it's a face that black queer people really like made, you know, you know, something for themselves. So I really looked that up, if we all and so yeah, to get to get to play and nowadays it just felt so right, yeah, you know, and the crowd was amazing and they were there for me, which is crazy. So you know, like they're people there who like, you know, I'm a huge fan of yours. It's like so nice to like have you here. I'm really on and it's just like wild to me, Like this music is like resonating and I'm glad it is because even though a lot of the tracks don't have words, they still screen tranny and yeah, you know, so I'm just glad that it's like it's hitting out there. And I have some more projects in the works right now. I already got a few demos, like signed by the label that represents me right now, which is Night Slugs.
Speaker 2: I have to have a single coming.
Speaker 3: Out on a compilation with a new label called Classical Records, which is really making waves in the underground music scene, especially like in New York and London, like they're really killing it right now. And so, you know, it's a slow, steady climb to something amazing. I don't know what it is on the other side, but I'm just excited to keep going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm so fucking proud of you. You've you've been in publication recently, You've been going to Berlin, You've been all over the world. People know you all over the world. I'm very very proud of you. And to just know have known you for this long and to just see your journey, I'm amazed, so thank you.
Speaker 2: And I didn't even have to go on drag race.
Speaker 1: No, you didn't even have to go on fucking drag race, thank god, because we'd never hear from you again.
Speaker 4: You know, honestly, drag was never for me anyway.
Speaker 1: Oh well that's what I wanted to actually ask. I'm sorry you aren't doing drag again, missus Cayenne Rouge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been doing it, but like I don't even know why girl, Like you know, listen, a lot of the young trans girls love doing drag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just like they love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, well because it's more visible now, I think I would have been into it. I think if I knew that trans girls were doing it, but I used to think, you that's like bagshit exactly.
Speaker 3: But you know, the girls were doing it, but they were doing it with a lot of bullshit being thrown at them.
Speaker 1: Yes, I I wasn't aware, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that's you were starfish. She wasn't aware.
Speaker 4: I was just like she's like, I'm a sis woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, you know, like even when I did it back in the day, when I was doing it as like my main source of revenue or i'm sorry income, whatever you want to call it, it really wasn't like a safe space for like the trans girls, like you could be in there and like, you know, you would probably be the most sickly invention in the building, but you know, the girls would say anything to you. So for a while I kind of just got over it, you know, like I was like, I'm different from y'all.
Speaker 2: Right, I need to see this to remind.
Speaker 4: Myself that I'm different from y'all.
Speaker 3: So it is honestly insane because I told myself I would never really do dragging in, but I started missing it. Yeah, you know, just like I started missing it because I kept seeing, you know, I was going to some shows and I was noticing the girls, the girls, but I was noticing that because I.
Speaker 4: I just feel like they could give a little.
Speaker 1: Bit more and you're going to show them how to do.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and you know, and so I was like, you know, I think I still got it. And I was asked to do it twice once won by my younger she's like a younger girl. I don't have daughters. I don't I'm not a mother, more of an auntie.
Speaker 1: I guess I love that.
Speaker 4: I think you transmitd me to do so much shit. Yeah, I don't really want to do that now.
Speaker 1: Auntie is better Auntie is way better.
Speaker 3: So my niece she asked me to do it and I was like, okay, girl, I'll do it just for you. And then an old friend, Elise source Fas, asked me to do it as well, and just because you know, people just wanted they just wanted the pleasure of me being there. And it was honestly great, Like I made so much money off of like one song I've only done, Like I've done the same song both times, and the song is like only three minute song, and each time I walked away with like a good bit of coin.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I love that they're so ready for miss Cayne Rouge to be bad.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I want to come out and see you the next time I fucking leave my house.
Speaker 2: You know, there's there's a lot to celebrate.
Speaker 1: Yes, there is, all of your accomplishments and just you're I mean, girl, you're fucking doing so well for yourself. I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, And honestly, girl, you want to you know something I've noticed, I now know two.
Speaker 4: Other black trans women who are now homeowners.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you know, listen, things might seem a little shitty right now because so many people are talking about us and they're saying horrible things about us. Yeah, but the reality is different. The world is changing. You know, a trans owning property is like an inconceivable It was inconceivable.
Speaker 1: Right and nineties even absolutely, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know, even in the early two thousands, I would say, you know, even then it was still hard to find housing if you were trans. You know, I would say, like maybe ten years ago things really turned around for us, would you.
Speaker 1: Agree, Yeah, yeah, But then you know recently I'm like, well, fuck, I don't know what's happened on Well, you know, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: That's see, but that's all taught.
Speaker 4: That's these people are just talking their passing laws that no one's really.
Speaker 1: Get it really is. Yeah, yeah, you know, like.
Speaker 2: There's workarounds for everything. Like you know, everyone's like.
Speaker 3: Freaking about, freaking out about the Supreme Court decisions on this and that and the third and you just have to remember that, like communities do more for each other.
Speaker 4: Than any government can do for their own people.
Speaker 2: And that's just the truth.
Speaker 3: You know, Mutual aid workarounds to you know, getting around these like crappy laws like ending it firm ad action. There's a workaround for that, right, you know, and you just have to think about, you know what these people are really fighting against and just remind you of like you're a trans girl. Okay, you found a way around all the barriers before.
Speaker 2: You just gonna have to keep doing it.
Speaker 1: You're gonna figure it out. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: We play the game of life on expert mode.
Speaker 1: Absolutely on expert Yes. Yeah. I want to thank you so much for being here. I'm so proud of you, so proud of all your accomplishments recently. Great job. Music has been amazing. I can't wait for more. And Zata, just tell everyone where they can find you and follow you.
Speaker 3: You can find me on social media at one the number one Zeta zan that z A I D A z A n E. You can also find me in band camp and I am available. You can listen to me.
Speaker 2: On all streaming platforms.
Speaker 3: I'm even on Pandora Baby period. So I'm on Pandora, last FM, I'm on Apple Music, I.
Speaker 1: Have radio, Yeah, radio, I'm.
Speaker 4: On them all.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm gonna we gotta get distribution to and so if you want to listen to me you can.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. I love that, and be sure listeners to tune in to our full length episode this Wednesday. We're going to be talking with a legendary trans trailblazer, prolific writer and transactivist, Dallas Denny, so tune in for that and have a great beginning of your week