Speaker 1: Black hairdressers should have full health insurance.
Speaker 2: I'm talking PPO.
Speaker 1: They have to be deemed essential workers because I'll tell you what in the deep deep quarantine like for sure, like EMT workers and shit. I was banging on pots, but when I saw a black hairdresser with some bags of hair, I was like, bang, bang, bang on the pot.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Welcome to adulting. I'm Jordan Carlos. I am joined by my co from Go, Michelle Buteau. Michelle, how are you?
Speaker 4: Oh, heo?
Speaker 5: What's been going on?
Speaker 2: What's been going on? I am part of this.
Speaker 1: Unfortunate club of parents that have seen.
Speaker 2: Their child in distress.
Speaker 1: I took my family to kids and husband down to Miami to see my dad for his eighty third birthday.
Speaker 2: And on the plane to him, I know, happy birthday, Papa.
Speaker 1: On the plane, my son threw up three times and passed out. And yes, and so I knew what to do because I'm a fainter. I started fainting, and if you're a fainter, I feel you, you know, like it's crazy. I started fainting when I was little, like in church, standing up in the back when there's no seats and stuff.
Speaker 2: But that was the scariest shit ever.
Speaker 1: And yeah, man, it's like you're not even like someone's friend where you're like it'll be okay, or like someone's sitting in the back row like you got the sis. It's like, no, you're the mom, this is your child. You feel helpless. You were stuck in the air. This is the time where you try to see if there's a doctor on board. You know, all the parents out there who have been through like the not allergy, the this, the that, the hospital, like I ooh, baby, I feel for you.
Speaker 2: We are in it together, and fuck, we're gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: Set this up for me. What happened? Like he was he was blowing cheerios everywhere, like what happened? It was the altitude.
Speaker 1: We had a very early flight, so we woke up super early, so he was too tired and groggy to have breakfast.
Speaker 2: So that's lesson learned.
Speaker 1: No first flights of the day, right, get a good night's sleep and wake up, have breakfast, get yourself a late afternoon flight or an evening flight.
Speaker 2: So that was number one. Number two. I do believe the altitude was a little too high.
Speaker 1: I felt it because I am very sensitive to to high altitude, like, okay, you know I've performed in Aspen and Veil before and ooh ooh baby, very nice. Ooh, but like blacking out after one glass of wine. I'm like, you mean o to like two bottles?
Speaker 5: What is this like?
Speaker 2: On stage?
Speaker 1: Out of breath, just standing there, I'm like, oh my god, what's going I don't know. Shout out to musicians that perform in high altitude places, because I know you see stars. I think we were going high to avoid turbulence. And he really wasn't drinking water, he really Yeah. The pass out part was like, no, ma'am, not on my watch. I felt like I did, feel like Viola Davis and Kingwoman. I'm like, no, no, well, so yeah, I protect my baby at all costs. But then what comes with that is like the residual anxiety otis is like, hey, my mom going on the plane, does that mean I'm gonna be sick again? And so it's really wild. It's really wild. But wow, what a love, what a trooper. Shout out to people on the plane who just like held it down for us, stayed calm and non judgmental for my little booboo getting sick because people don't you know, it's very divisive, like people like kids or they don't. I could tell the people that didn't like kids. They were like, I hope it's gonna be okay. I said, thank you so much. That's the thing too, It's like, oh, it's like breaking up in public.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I mean all you had is like those little drink napkins to stop it up. There's never enough of those.
Speaker 1: I'm a twin. I'm a twin mom, and I come fucking ready. So I already had a pack of wipes, like in my bra like I'm not fucking around. I have blankets, I have a change of clothes, Like I'm out here prepared.
Speaker 2: I'm a catastrophizer. So I'm already.
Speaker 1: You want to have catastrophizers as friends because we've already thought about it and we are already fucking on it, do you know what I mean? So like people were like, oh, you're anxious, Oh you're this This is like, no, bitch, I'm prepared. I could see it all happen. Like what's that movie with Robert Downey?
Speaker 4: Okay, Robert j.
Speaker 2: Robert Downey Junior. Is that his name?
Speaker 1: Or like Theabaska Shiit, what's the name of that iron Man?
Speaker 2: Iron Man?
Speaker 1: You feel like iron Man because you already have like like a catastrophizer that's also a twin, mom. You already have like this little fucking screen in front of your face, and you're just like, I got this. This, These are all the things that can happen, and these are outcomes, and you're fucking prepared and so like I was fucking prepared. But like, emotionally, nothing will ever prepare you for someone that you love, that you are supposed to protect.
Speaker 2: And you can't.
Speaker 3: Oh, but but passing out of it all that must have been really rough because if he passes out, I mean, you don't know what's going on if somebody passes out.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: That's That's why I try to keep him awake. That's why I took his shirt off. I put you know, a cold rag on the back of his neck, pulled his ears, put it on his forehead, his temples.
Speaker 2: Talk to him a lot. What's your name? Who am I? Where are you? Where are we going?
Speaker 3: Like you know, you just he just wanted to he wanted to sleep. Was he like I gotta sleep?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, he want Yeah, when you pass out. You just have to do what your body wants to do. But like I have done comedy shows where people have had seizures.
Speaker 2: We have done an adulting.
Speaker 1: Show where yeah absolutely yeah, Like shut it down, give them space, give them something cold, get them in the fresh air.
Speaker 2: I don't know what else to do besides that, Like we couldn't get blood pressure, we can't get a temp reading, Like you.
Speaker 5: Don't you just gotta was there a doctor on the flight? There was.
Speaker 1: She was very nice, doctor Megan. Shout out to you, thank you for coming. She was very sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There should be an air marshal and a doctor on every flight. Yeah, an accountant, a therapist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a black hairdresser here, sure, since we hear, just brave me.
Speaker 2: The fuck up.
Speaker 3: By the way, black hair dresser shout out to them. I just did a show in Oswego, New York at Suni Oswego. There's a lot of black kids that go there from the city and they don't This is what happens to you know this. It's like black students go way out to Yonder to go to school and then they don't factor in their hair. So I feel like folks need to like airlift, black hairdressers, black barbers to these locations.
Speaker 2: Doctors without edges.
Speaker 3: Truly, truly, Oh my gosh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: What else?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I think that's about it. I think we've done enough share time.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The good thing about doing adulting is a getting it off your titties.
Speaker 2: It's just nice to get shot off.
Speaker 1: It's like feelings sometimes are really like a gas bubble.
Speaker 2: Get it out, you'll feel better.
Speaker 3: But all my chest. One quick thing about my chest before we move on. I got electrolysis on my chest for my birthday. My wife was like, she's like, I got you a gift and I was like really, She's like, yeah, laser hair removal on your chest. So my chest is now completely Picture it, Michelle.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to because I've been on vacation with you. But I like the taco meat.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did too, but it's gone. It's gone. It's gone forever forever. Well, I mean after six sessions.
Speaker 1: I will say one of my one of my best childhood memories growing up with my dad is his chest hair and like how proud he was and like you know, he even had an ascot on with like very low buttons. Like just out here and like even now, like you know, he's a beautiful, frail eighty three year old who still has so much pride in his new shirt and his gold chains, his crucifixes and stuff icy in Papa's and like he's got he's always had, like the taco meat and the and I was like, that is so muchis moo? I fucking love it? But yeah, man, whatever you want to do to feel good about you, I'm here to support the cause.
Speaker 5: Brother, Yeah, thank you. It hurts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of girls do it on the puss. Can you imagine they do well? Well, someone very much wiser than me said beauty is pain?
Speaker 4: Was that a h?
Speaker 3: It was the subject of this old documentary called Queen of Versailles.
Speaker 5: So yeah, she's wise than to me. Oh my god, give myself some credit.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 5: Have you never seen Queen of Versailles?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah I have. It's satisfuck.
Speaker 1: What it is kind of everything wrong with America.
Speaker 4: I know, but I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't stop looking at I love Lauren Greenfield's documentaries. They're just like, yes, that is us. Yes, I love Patty Kaplan documentaries.
Speaker 1: You know she's done the real, real sex g string, Diva, taxticap confessions, like anything that will humanize people.
Speaker 2: That we always look down upon. I'm just like, give it to.
Speaker 1: Me, Patty, give it to med Patty. You know what, I'm gonna give it to y'all. L O L what am I mall cop with the segways? I love it so much. Write it down, never stop, put it on a magnet. It's my favorite. I was saying. I not only like the fact that we get to get our feelings out, but we can also do this nice check in with friends that we've known for a really long time, but like not in like a straight up, stand up way, but in a more sincere way. And so this is what I love about hanging out with our next guest. Why it's the nac I mean, we love him so much and we know you will too, if.
Speaker 2: You don't already.
Speaker 1: Okay, mm hmmm, let's just say it was a thick time. Oh my god, hi everyone, how the fuck are you? When I was fifteen, it was the first and last time I ever snuck out in the middle of the night to go dancing.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I loved dancing.
Speaker 1: It was always time for the percolator and play and I worked at Wild Pair Cherry hillmell again she's lived a life. And I got a finger banged that Pens landing and Gota, thank you so much. Left my wallet there with my mom's credit card.
Speaker 2: She got a phone call. Anyways, Oh no, as he.
Speaker 1: Was fingering me on Penn's landing, my eyebrow, Pierson came out.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyways.
Speaker 1: Seventeen had a Camaro nineteen seventy seven Camaro. I look like Jenna Jackson and bon Jovi had a baby. It was a whole lass mess.
Speaker 5: And you are on an escapade right now, don't Yeah, jove, my.
Speaker 2: Friends, we're going to go to the limelight and we.
Speaker 5: Just whoa stand by.
Speaker 1: We dressed up in a shoelace. I don't fucking know what it was, but all like, we were a mess, but we were doing it. We had our Snapple bottles. We were ready to go. And I was such a mess driving in the city. I never drove in the city before in a Camaro is like all front, it's all hood, no back. Sure, So these turns were wet and wild, and a couple of times I was driving down the street like the wrong way.
Speaker 2: What yeah, because I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's a New York City driving lesson right there. I missed my turn.
Speaker 4: I'm my backup.
Speaker 1: But I will say we got in. I don't know how we got in. We were seventeen and I had the time of my life. It was the first time I ever saw drag queens voguing club kids platforms, and I was like, this is how I want to retire. Like I hadn't even graduated high school, and I was just like, can I just go to.
Speaker 2: The club all the time. I wasn't even doing drugs of drinking.
Speaker 1: Just loved the excitement of dancing with people I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I was the same way I interned at Fat Farm when I was like right out of high school.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: People I interned, They're like, I am Pasha, But I did. And I obviously worked in accounting now. But it got you on trade to all these different clubs. Uh oh wow, Yeah, it was like it was insane. Did you go to Justin's before you went?
Speaker 4: I went to nell Now I went to Nell's.
Speaker 2: Did you get the wings that Justin's?
Speaker 4: I never went to Justine. I never got to go to Justice.
Speaker 3: Okay, Nells was popping in the West. Villain Nels was popping in the West. I got in no cover charge, you didn't have to buy any drinks. It was just because, like I worked at fat farms. So they're like, all right, that's that kid, can go. I love that for you, Thank you. What kind of guy are you in the club? Are you just like sitting back watching everybody? Are you like creeping up on.
Speaker 5: I'm reading a book, literally reading a book.
Speaker 2: What kind of guy were you at the club? DJ?
Speaker 4: Don Will, I'm I'm in, I'm on the wall.
Speaker 3: I don't really dance, Okay, I'm boring in the club unless I'm really drunk and I'm fun unless you're really like how many drinks does to take for us to meet fun?
Speaker 4: Done? Well?
Speaker 3: My club days were like the Incredible Hawk days, like the the Hennessy and Aliade. Yes, Alisa, Yes, it's a different it was a different me. It was a different time.
Speaker 1: We had fucking Alosa, We had an engineered fucking food. You guys have like crafted cocktails. Back in my day, I had to drink some blue shit. Didn't even know what the fuck it was.
Speaker 3: Gold Schlager, Goldschlager, Alie said, jaegermeister jagger hoodsard Yeah, Jaeger bombs.
Speaker 5: Jaeger bombs.
Speaker 2: What are Yeager balls?
Speaker 4: Bombs?
Speaker 2: Bombs?
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't want jagger balls. That sounds salty. No, I don't want the msg.
Speaker 4: Or do I?
Speaker 2: I'm always conflicted. Listen. I used to drink a smooth criminal back in the day.
Speaker 4: Do you know what the fuck that ye?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine this face ordering a smooth criminal? It is Hennessy and Bailey's Oo. I'd like, I don't know why I have so many cavities.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting.
Speaker 1: No, everybody had a gross drink when they were like fucking nineteen twenty.
Speaker 4: I bucked out a lot, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, why am I blocking out Hennessy and Bailey's Damn. We don't have to talk about it. Very excited to bring our next guest. Yes, one of our favorites.
Speaker 4: Start clapping, start clapping.
Speaker 5: You know him from the Daily Show and so many other things.
Speaker 1: Former stand up comedian, host, producer, Please give it up for.
Speaker 5: A problems as well.
Speaker 4: Why Sinnac.
Speaker 5: Where is he there?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: My god, God, who does that?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you who does it?
Speaker 4: Whyatt Sannak?
Speaker 6: You all were talking about drinks and I saw this backstage and I was like, this sounds like a drink you would find at a black nightclub. Uh, it's thick miss, black label. Like they've made a point to even call it black label.
Speaker 4: Thick miss.
Speaker 1: I mean miss is spelled with a y, so you know it's real, So you know it's black. I'm I was ever a stripper and also into weather.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 6: Makes some noise coming to the stage right now, black label thick miss.
Speaker 4: Here she is black label thick miss.
Speaker 2: Yup, it's time for the percolator. Everyone.
Speaker 6: Chelei dances to one song for fifteen minutes straight on loop.
Speaker 4: Here she is black label, take mess. You know what?
Speaker 2: You should be a DJ at a strip club?
Speaker 4: That was the dream?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 4: This was the fallback? Yeah? Boy, I failed.
Speaker 2: Have you been to a strip club before?
Speaker 4: I have? Oh you wanted a story?
Speaker 6: Yes? At more just checking in just to tick the box and yeah, yeah, I've been to Uh, I've been to a lot of strip clubs.
Speaker 2: Oh, in New York, Atlanta, LA, where Miami.
Speaker 6: I think the first trip club I went to was in Atlanta. My cousin took me sure and it was part of a college visit.
Speaker 2: Hold on again credits.
Speaker 6: It was it was part of a college visit. And my child who grew up watching a different World. So I was like, I want to go to an HBCU. I knew about Morehouse. I was like, I want to go to Morehouse. My mother was like, I don't want you to go to Morehouse. And my cousin had gone to Morehouse, and so we were in Atlanta, and my mother told my cousin to scare me out of going to Morehouse, and so he took me on a tour of Morehouse and then also the city of Atlanta, and so he took me to the campus, told me that and this is a horrible thing, but as like a seventeen year old, I like, it was just like one of those weird things. Told me that there's a horrible male rape problem at Morehouse. Yeah, my mother told my cousin do whatever it takes for this child to not go to a black college. That's the most anti black shit ever. And my cousin was like, oh, yeah, niggas be raping niggas here. And I was like oh. And then my cousin's like, but you're in Atlanta. Let's take you to one of Atlanta's finest strip clubs. And then he took me to this strip club that's like a dive bar that I feel like somebody probably knows of because now it's like a is the Clairemont Lounge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, woa, yeah, wow, okay, yeah, ready to go bam the Claremont know it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was the first time I went to a strip club and it was a terrifying experience. And uh and but yeah, that was It was a terrifying experience. But it was also one where I was like, I'll try again.
Speaker 3: It can only get better. You never not even Magic City. You didn't take you to Magic City. No, because this whole thing was to scare me away from Atlanta by all means necessary.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I went to school in North Carolina. That's still crazy.
Speaker 3: It's like, in one breath, your your cousin or uncle was just like my cousin, cousin.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a black family, so he could be my uncle.
Speaker 6: I have a lot of I have a lot of cousins who are actually my uncle, and I'm somebody's uncle when I call him cousin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's just He's just like, this is where you know one dude violated another, and this is where doctor King slept.
Speaker 1: Uh, how did you find out?
Speaker 6: That was kind of ship she was known for? And then I think at some point he capped to it like that was ship she.
Speaker 2: Was known for.
Speaker 3: Why didn't she Why did she not want you to go to Morehouse? And and you said anti black racism?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 5: Like you know, just just just asking why?
Speaker 6: Like why, I mean, we both grew up in Dallas, we grew up, we knew each other as children.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 5: This is where we reveals.
Speaker 6: I think in her mind she thought that by going to a black college, I would not be able to be accepted in white society, Like I wouldn't get hired for a job at a law firm if they saw like more House or Howard or something like that. Yeah, And that she didn't put enough faith on my own abilities as a human being, and that it doesn't really matter what school you go to. It just matters your work ethic and your ability. But also that oh sure, thank you, uh three three professors from southern or here.
Speaker 2: That's so wild.
Speaker 1: I mean, can our parents just be the last generation to do that shit.
Speaker 4: I mean, people still are gonna do it. They're gonna find a way.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. What was the journey coming to New York then? Because I've only just known you in New York, right, yeah, and you feel like a New Yorker.
Speaker 4: So I was born here. That was the doctor who delivered me for real?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I rolled deep, I bring, I bring the doctor who delivered me. It was a c section. We know each other well. No, I was born. I was born here. My grandmother had moved from North Carolina to New York, you know, great migration and whatnot. Came to New York, lived in Crown Heights, all right. Yeah, it was very different when she lived here. But I was born. My mother lived here. I was then born here. My mother and my father split up when I was about a year old. My father was New York City cab driver. She remarried. My mother, my stepfather, and I moved to Texas. But I would come back out here, yeah, and spend time with my father when he was around, and then with my grandmother.
Speaker 2: Okay, so New York is a part of your history.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that was like every summer I would come here and it was that thing of like I hated going back to Dallas.
Speaker 4: No offense.
Speaker 3: I hate going back to Dallas too. Now you all don't understand, You're like, oh, it don't shit, hole it is. It's the worst. We killed one charismatic president and we can't live it down, all right.
Speaker 1: I have so many questions about Texas, especially Dallas, and especially for anyone who is black or queer or questioning or whatever the fuck living in Texas perhaps listening to this podcast, like we what are we telling them? Because it could it could be twelve, it could be forty two, you know what I mean, Like it could be someone just stuck in a rut there not knowing how to get out, not knowing that the world can be a better place for them, that they could feel seen and they don't have to like live this fucking lie. What are we fucking telling these people, especially in Texas. Now I feel like, no offense.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go to Texas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no you don't. You don't have to.
Speaker 3: It's the state is narrow minded and getting more narrow minded. But the cities that we grew up in actually are like haven cities, right, So Houston's a big haven city. Austin's a big haven city, and then Dallas is like a haven city because there's a huge quick community in Dallas. Oakland shout out to Oakland, which is an amazing place, and it's one of the biggest in Texas.
Speaker 5: So it's biggest in Texas.
Speaker 3: It's just big. But I felt that I had to leave the state. I think you felt the same way too, because there was no give and take.
Speaker 6: It was like, well, I mean, for me, I never really felt connected because I always felt like I was from New York and I was brought to Texas. I didn't have agency like I was four, So like I had said at four, I was like, I musta stay here, and they were like, that's not how that happens legally. I was like, let me get my own lawyer. It's a squirrel.
Speaker 4: It's a squirrel.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But you talk about in your special Brooklyn, it's like Brooklyn is home, you know, and it feels like like you you are mad Brooklyn at you could be the mayor of Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I mean that's a very low bar. The current mayor of New York is not great. But no, But to something that you all were saying, like what do you say to somebody who's in a place like Texas who is a person of color, who's queer. I understand the desire to leave, but then there's also a part of it that's like there's a privilege in being able to leave, and I feel like for the people who don't have that privilege, I would say, find your people and find strength in your people, and don't let fucking closed mindedness win out, because yeah, Texas is getting more hate filled and more closed minded. And what you see is you see a lot of people like there was a story, I want to say a year ago where it was like all these like left leaning people from California had moved to Austin and they were like, ah, Austin, that's great, and then all of a sudden, shit gets hard and they're like, we're out. And that's a great privilege to be able to do that. But not everybody has that privilege. And it feels like you only win these things with numbers, and it's about organizing those strength and numbers to be like, fuck this, we're not going anywhere. You have to live with us just the same way we have to live with you, and you have to actually learn to accept and respect us. And also we need to get the keys of power because you all are sucking it up.
Speaker 4: That's the thick miss talking.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're about the same age.
Speaker 6: That's very sweet of you to say we're about the same age. When truth be told, I'm I'm older. Okay, sorry, I'm your uncle, I'm your uncle, cousin, I'm your uncle. I was just curious, are you like something else? Truly, I don't know. I don't know this or not.
Speaker 4: I don't know this. Are you? Are you?
Speaker 3: You're You're not married. You're not married, no ever been married. You're about to I'm about to fucking get down on two knees.
Speaker 2: And oh that sounds like something else.
Speaker 3: Too, Yeah, yeah, Dallas style.
Speaker 4: Are we doing?
Speaker 3: No, I'm just I'm just wondering what it's like to date in twenty twenty three in Brooklyn at this point, Oh, okay, we these people.
Speaker 4: Are on the fence about dating.
Speaker 1: I don't I feel like dating is always going to be hard, but especially now because you just have access to everything and everyone, so you can find out way too many things about the person, you know what I mean? Like, I think a challenge for yourself is not to go down that rabbit hole of their page and just ask them questions and just figure out chemistry and then find out they've been arrested, you know, like.
Speaker 4: Like you know what I mean? I mean to me.
Speaker 6: The one thing that I've always found weird, at least since I've been in New York is when I came to New York in two thousand and eight, I came because I'd gotten on The Daily Show, and.
Speaker 4: So it's fine time. It was a job time.
Speaker 6: I feel like there's the strange thing of like when I started dating in New York. I remember going on dates where people would be like, what's John Stewart like? And I was like, oh, wait a minute, did you just did you just want free tickets?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And so there and so I think for me there was always an element of like, okay, like are you here to meet me? Are you here for free tickets?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: For my boss's show and so uh, And more often than not it was the free tickets.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, fine, just go to like oneiyota dot com.
Speaker 4: What is Oneiota dot com?
Speaker 2: It's the ticket thing where you get the tickets.
Speaker 4: Oh right. I thought it was like some pure blood dating site. One iota.
Speaker 6: I don't want one, but I'm open to anything else.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I'm sure site exists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say, like, if it's not your job. Sometimes people just yeah, sometimes people are just dating you for another reason other than you.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I had a couple of friends and I don't talk to no more because everything was a show. Like they had to have like a rich girl or a rich guy, or a hot this or hot that, and look at what they do and what they drive and shit, and I'm like, I could give a fuck. They can't even like put two sentences together that are interesting. Why would you ever want to sit on that?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So like, I think sometimes a lot. I'm sorry, are you put in your face in someone's crotch? That's not funny? Don't do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no, don't you deserve so much more.
Speaker 6: Your face deserves to be sat on by the best each of you. Your life deserves to be no one by the best the mayor of booklets.
Speaker 5: Yes, church beautiful.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, now it's time for questions for the audience. Where is my.
Speaker 5: Tambourine when you need it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: First question, how long is too long to be in a situationship dot dot dot when you're thirty two, that's what it says.
Speaker 4: When you're thirty two.
Speaker 1: I'd say a whole season, so three months, a semester, a semester. But also like some people like fucking drama and messiness, so if you want to waste your good years during that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Also, though, isn't like the age of thirty two kind of a situationship with yourself? I feel like there are a lot of people who if you're older than thirty two, if you are thirty eight and older and you were asked to reflect on thirty two, you'd be like, oh, yeah, I don't know her.
Speaker 3: This is a cute one for Michelle. Do the twins have a favorite Sesame Street? Muppet love? A producer from the street?
Speaker 2: What what show yourself? I need tickets?
Speaker 4: I also have a favorite muppet. I'll come out and take what it gets to ticket.
Speaker 1: My daughter loves Abby and my son loves the Cookie Monster because he loves cookies. Also, Sesame Street is amazing when you found the right dosage of edible because you're.
Speaker 2: Like, ooh so great.
Speaker 6: Everyone should go on YouTube. There's an old sesame street clip. That's just a great song about the subway and like it's wonderful because it's like both how like amazing and terrible? The subway is the same, all right? How do I get over a guy who doesn't give a shit about me? Whoa?
Speaker 3: Oh wow? That was sadder than a French new wave film. It's just how did I get to for a man who cares? Not?
Speaker 4: But I don't get it?
Speaker 1: Because why are you giving this person power? What don't you like about yourself? What happened? Did something happen to you when you started to believe that shit? This man doesn't deserve your fucking time or energy. Put that energy into you, put it you make a vision for high if you got to have some wine and hennessy, bitch, just live.
Speaker 3: You deserves some one good on your face? Always Ye done it better when he said it?
Speaker 2: And it does.
Speaker 4: I mean Michelle was the one who said it. You took it and yeah he made like the church.
Speaker 6: Every behind, every pastor, there's the woman who's actually doing all the work.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yes, it's it's the origin of man's plaining.
Speaker 4: It's a wild one.
Speaker 3: How do you keep having quote unquote sexy sex when you're trying for.
Speaker 6: Baby, Pretend like you're not trying for a baby.
Speaker 2: What's that sexy sex?
Speaker 5: Sexy sex when you're trying for baby.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Like if you can't drink and if you can't get high, then, like I said before, hotel sex is wonderful.
Speaker 2: You don't have to clean anything up, get.
Speaker 1: Yourself a nice tub, order some overpriced fucking eggs, like you know, make it a staycation, make it a moment.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh we got three? Oh thank you for women.
Speaker 4: That's some on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I don't here, take this one. Take this one that's poking out there. I will how my husband got me? Oh my, oh my god, oh my god, this is for you.
Speaker 4: Got you, dear Jordan.
Speaker 3: If I were your big sister and I am older than you, irl, happy face, how would you? I couldn't help me prioritize my bays when they are each in their twenties, thirties and photies. Xoxo, little siss Jay. Good question, great question.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? What in the black, missie?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think you have a sophie's choice here, and I feel like keep the twenty year old, ditch the rest m you can just pour all of your knowledge into them. You know, they're like a little vessel. Right, I'm thinking she stays with the twenty year old V six in line. You know what I'm saying, like, goes up, we've got car people, Okay.
Speaker 5: The rest of you are like, what's an engine?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: So uh but I say, like, why you even like to choose? Why not just have a fucking buffet? And so you don't want to any more? That's all I remember when I was saying these two guys. One was really really not I was not physically attracted to him.
Speaker 2: He was so.
Speaker 1: Short but so sweet, and the way he looked up at me, I just couldn't, you know. And then I was staying this really hot guy from I think Bermuda, the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: Something would have beat. And I remember thinking, if I could just.
Speaker 7: No and I remember from Boston, king Stun Kingston, Okay.
Speaker 5: I truly cannot.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I remember thinking if I could just combine these two people to make the perfect person. And that happens when you're dating a lot. You're just like, well like this part and that part, but you can't frank and sign people.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, but you could just.
Speaker 5: Ride it out, you know, truly, I love it? What's the next ones?
Speaker 2: Should I get a dog to start getting up early?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Should I get a dog to start getting up early?
Speaker 2: You set your alarm?
Speaker 4: Bitch? Who has this good? Why put that pressure on the dog? I know?
Speaker 2: What if the dog want to sleep in?
Speaker 5: Yeah, some dogs like to sleep as long as their person.
Speaker 6: But that's also like the logic of like, should I have a kid to learn how to make pancakes? I don't know how to make pancakes, and I don't have a reason to learn. But if I had a child, then I would need to learn how to make pancakes.
Speaker 4: So it makes sense.
Speaker 6: Sure, there's eighteen years of financial responsibility, but there's also the ability to know how to make pancakes.
Speaker 1: And I really feel like a little Greek yogurt. A pancake mix goes a long way.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure.
Speaker 6: It's so fluffy, and I wouldn't have known that if a little.
Speaker 2: Am I too old to like puppets? Is this from the Decame Street producer?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They've had it at Samet.
Speaker 2: Are you too old?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: You should like what you like? I'm sure there's like a meetup group. You know, just don't surprise people at a dinner party. I hate when people show up with their guitar.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what the fuck is.
Speaker 4: This all right?
Speaker 5: I got no open We.
Speaker 1: Were auditioning for America Scott Talent. Put that ship away.
Speaker 6: Here's a question for you. You're at a party. Someone could show up with a guitar or with a puppet.
Speaker 4: Which do you shoot? Wow, so many people guitar. You're going guitar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because at least I can, like hum to a song I want.
Speaker 4: I want to puppet.
Speaker 3: I want the ones that like show up at protests, you know what I mean, on stilts and everything, like.
Speaker 4: A bread and puppet situation.
Speaker 3: What's the question, Okay, how much is childcare worth to you? Question mark for example, money for forty six hours of child of fob? What's money for forty six hours of child free?
Speaker 5: Like child free for six hours? How much it works?
Speaker 3: That's what it says. How much is it worth? How much is it worth to you? This is sort of like getting an old fashion at a bar. You get what you pay for, Like you want.
Speaker 1: Someone that's gonna go through your fucking freezer and eat all your hot pockets, ignore your child.
Speaker 4: I got the next one, all right.
Speaker 6: It says I've been estrange from my sister for four years. How do I get over myself my anger, et cetera, to reconcile or do I smiley face?
Speaker 3: I don't want to get over there. They're like, I love my anger. That's a tough one.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one.
Speaker 4: That's a tough one.
Speaker 2: I say, leave for a little bit. I don't know. I'm the only child, so I really don't know who wrote this.
Speaker 3: Siblings are tough. But you know what, blood is thicker than mud. That's what you have to do. So at the end of the day, you are stuck with this person. You can be as strange for as long as you want. My dad was a strange from his brother for twenty years and life brought them back together and they've been making up for lost time. So eventually you will probably dovetail back with this person. I don't I don't want to rush it for you, but know that the day is coming.
Speaker 6: Fun but also if it doesn't come, but also if it doesn't come, it doesn't come. I mean, I think at the end of the day, you have to do and make the decisions that are the healthiest and best for you. Uah, and so I think that's the thing. And sometimes, as shitty as it is to be a strange from people and as aimful as that is, if that is ultimately what you both need to move forward in a healthy way, then that's what you have to do. And it fucking hurts like hell, but it's the choice that you have to make to do something because you know that the alternative is something that is never going to get better, and getting better is something that you both have to work on. So you may in your questions say like, how do I put my anger aside? Get past your anger and just recognize what you need to do for yourself to be the best, healthiest version of yourself. If that person is doing that, then you two will find each other again. If they are not, then just live your healthy life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm tired of being disappointed.
Speaker 3: Don Why Yeah, I was gonna say, it depends on the state of the sibling, you know what I'm saying, Like, you can be ready to get over your shit, but if that person's not in that space, echo and White said, it doesn't make any sense to try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I have cousins that are Trump supporters, and I'm like, bye, bye bye, have a good one and bye.
Speaker 5: This is a great question.
Speaker 2: This is the last question.
Speaker 4: Last question.
Speaker 3: Is it important to still be selective when dating in your forties?
Speaker 5: Did you write this question?
Speaker 4: You know? I wish I did?
Speaker 2: Did you know selective?
Speaker 1: I feel like it's subjective, right, Like what you're looking for, what you're going to move for. You want a relationship that's a different list than like some like having fun, doing a little something casual.
Speaker 4: So sure, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So why we ask all our guests, what's the most adult thing you want to do for yourself this year that you haven't done yet.
Speaker 6: I haven't really done a lot of traveling out of the country, and I've always wanted to go to Japan and so uh yeah, so uh maybe Japan taking a trip to Japan. Uh and yeah, and then maybe also replace my roof. Oh yeah, that's that's a very adult thing that I don't really want to do, but I.
Speaker 2: Feel like it's like a got to do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, because at some point, Yeah, the squirrels are going to come in and they're gonna be.
Speaker 4: Like, remember us, we were a legal team bringing it back, everybody, give it up.
Speaker 1: You know what I really wish why it would have said, is write a book, because I feel like their brothers got stories, and he's really only just begun, and so it's very exciting to see friends like that who are just, I don't know, full of wonder and possibility. So I'm excited for him. Maybe y'all go to Japan and write a book. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I wish he had said that too, because he does. I just feel like there's like so many layers to him. There's so many layers onion. He's a whole ass onion.
Speaker 4: He's just so.
Speaker 5: I mean, any man that shows up in a jumpsuit like.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, yum.
Speaker 5: Y'all didn't know, but he was in it.
Speaker 4: He was in a.
Speaker 5: Can we let up the scene? The scene?
Speaker 6: Do it?
Speaker 4: Color?
Speaker 5: Plum, right, that's what he was. He was wearing plum and like a knit hat that was like too cool for Sunday School.
Speaker 2: It was too much. It was too much.
Speaker 5: And he had a friend. Yeah, beautiful probly did creative ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was cool.
Speaker 1: Beautiful black man look like they're on their skincare routine. I'm talking about Beard glistening beard oil poppin'. You know it's from like somewhere on Bedtuy on Lewis Avenue, from an all black hands shop. Just coconut cocon nodding and ship so like beautiful.
Speaker 2: I wish y'all could smell them through the podcast. You cannot, We will do it for you.
Speaker 5: It smells like Throop Street on a good day.
Speaker 2: Ye true, true, through, It's true, honey.
Speaker 5: Okay, they say through.
Speaker 2: They say through, but it is really true. Florid of mer.
Speaker 5: Put what it is in the comments. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, right, keep it sharp like your pinky nail. Let's go. Oh god, you guys, I gotta go listen too much.
Speaker 5: This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 2: Our senior producer is g Holley.
Speaker 5: Our associate producer is Alex Cheat.
Speaker 2: This episode was mixed by John Bradley.
Speaker 5: Our guest booker is Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 2: Additional production support from Hannah Kyle Crichton.
Speaker 5: Theme song and live show DJing is by DJ Don Will.
Speaker 2: Our live show producer is Marion Ways.
Speaker 5: Artwork by Jamie back.
Speaker 2: Tell, Photography by Chais vander Moss.
Speaker 3: Executive produced by Karen kilgera Georgia Hardstark and Daniel Craik.
Speaker 2: Follow the show on Instagram at Adulting the Pod.
Speaker 3: Email your questions to Adulting Questions at gmail dot com.
Speaker 6: MMMM