Speaker 1: Well, maybe he can't take the teat Susan, it's one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'll take the teeth for one thousand, Alex.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to make sure we heard that right. Maybe he can't take the teet Susan.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, Katie Green back from maternity leave, joins us only one more thing podcast.
Speaker 4: I am just so.
Speaker 3: I'm uncomfortable even saying this sentence. But are we talking about your teeth?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're fine, We're talking about my breasts. Hanson.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have a hell of a time with this because I'm pissed. I am so sick of this just judgmental. Here's here's a a comment I won't say from which social media outlet? Are you breastfeeding? Quote end quote? I sure hope. So you waited so long, so make sure you do it right, all right, Susan, that's not her name.
Speaker 4: Here's the deal. I was induced.
Speaker 1: I also went through an emergency C section, which delays your milk production, and I had a really big problem producing breast milk. So I tried and tried and tried and drove myself into a pit trying to get them to do what I wanted them to do, and My doctor said, hey, you know what fed is fed.
Speaker 4: We're gonna put them on formula. You can combo feed.
Speaker 1: So I was getting like a very small amount of breast milk, so I'm putting that in with his formula, so he's getting the benefits of it and whatnot.
Speaker 4: Super that the judgment on.
Speaker 1: Women who don't slash cannot breastfeed is one of the most fucking obnoxious things I've encountered this entire time.
Speaker 4: Hi, yeah, the women anger, Come on, give me a break. Don't tell me what to do. You're not me, you don't know.
Speaker 1: And plus, my son has a tongue tie so he can't latch. He has a tongue tie, like directly in what it does. It's a web that attaches his tongue to the bottom of his mouth.
Speaker 4: It wanted us to do surgery.
Speaker 1: My other doctor said, don't do it because sometimes it repairs itself. So I'm not trying to cut my son in ways that aren't necessary.
Speaker 4: But don't tell me what to do and tell me, oh, I hope you're doing it right. Just suck it.
Speaker 3: The neus in, you idiot. The never ending evolvement of parenthood from pregnancy on through I'm guessing the rest of my life. A lot of it is it was my first big encounter in the world with you just gotta ignore people. I mean, at some point it's just a you don't know my situation. I'm not gonna argue about it with you. There's lots of details. I don't know all my details. You don't know all your details. So I'm just gonna whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, And I've I've been very transparent about the whole thing the entire time.
Speaker 4: You guys know, I've been talking to it about you. You're right, You're right.
Speaker 3: On this show that does become a problem because you talk about something and you just kind of want to share it as maybe a universal but people come.
Speaker 4: In with all the stuff.
Speaker 3: You didn't give all your information because on some of it's private or mane of it.
Speaker 4: But so you don't know what you're talking about. Yeah, you don't know all of it. You just you don't know all of it.
Speaker 1: And Joe, you actually weren't here the last time that I talked to Jack, but my and it was one of the things that I wanted to put out there because I didn't even know it was a thing.
Speaker 4: But postpartum anxiety.
Speaker 1: I've always heard of postpartum depression and all this, you know, but I've been dealing with post part of anxiety. So I've been talking to doctors and like trying to get that under control because my blood pressure and all the things just through the roof, and I've been I've been trying to handle that while also trying to be a good mom. And then it's like these little things that usually I would just toss in the trash and not give a holy s about, but.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, you waited so long, do it right?
Speaker 1: What is right to your, right to you, is not right to me, So you can absolutely take that and just I'm doing all the hand gestures of the up years and.
Speaker 2: Go because there's less editing involved if you do that. Yeah, yeah, gosh, dang it. It dawns on me that all my kids were born prior to the ear of social media.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, different world.
Speaker 2: Because I'm like, why are you looking at social media? But then the answer as well, because it's you know, of all the different social media because we all take a glance.
Speaker 1: At it, you know, semi regularly, and it's how I've stayed in contact with our listeners while I've been gone to like, you know, take that's.
Speaker 4: Your fa mistake and no shit, well people are like normal, good people. But there is the I mean that you wouldn't believe when I had.
Speaker 3: Cancer, the number of I hope you dies I got. I mean, it's just it's more than you would think you'd get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, shouldn't that Yeah, more than you'd think you'd get exactly, So.
Speaker 4: You just yeah, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: My sweet son is beautiful, he's happy, he's healthy, he's fed, he is getting the benefits of breast milk through combo feeding. And also, uh, there's something called colostrum, which is what comes out before breast milk. There's a bunch of that, so he's not missing any of those antibodies or whatever. But it's just it's these little moments where people are like, oh, you waited so wrong, do it right?
Speaker 4: Really, hope you're breastfeeding. Just just shut up.
Speaker 3: With all with all of it. When I'm in the right mood, I can take it. And this doesn't have to be uh, you know, social media, just in general people. I feel like most people once they become a parent, for a while they're like, oh, I see this is way harder than I thought it was. Every kid is completely different, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. I'm gonna stop any opinions on anything I've ever seen ever happen because most people, But that's why I was gonna say, most people. I feel like that's what you kind of naturally come to. You realize, oh, every kid's different. So when I saw, you know, pre having kids, when I saw a kid acting up in the store, that wasn't necessarily because the parents were doing.
Speaker 4: A bad job.
Speaker 2: You have no idea what's going.
Speaker 3: On it anyway, So most people you end up being less like friends I have who are already parents, like offer no judgment most of the time on anything, but not everybody. As Joe just said, some people feel like it's licensed to really weigh in all the time.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of our discussion of people who listen to watch videos with their phone without earbuds or headphones, listening to the audio loud in public, at a restaurant, in a gate, at an airport, whatever.
Speaker 4: Those are the.
Speaker 2: Same people who will still weigh in knowing nothing about your situation. With certainty. I think I swear to God, those two behaviors are tied, right, yes, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess what blows my mind. It's like the amount of moms who have been like, well, I know you don't want to hear this, but and then insert unnecessary like future advice here. It's like, I know, I know for a fact that when you were pregnant or you had just had your baby, the second anybody did this to you, it just irritated the hell out of you.
Speaker 4: So why Like I could.
Speaker 1: Never see myself if one of my friends got pregnant tomorrow. I would never be like, oh you just you just.
Speaker 4: Wait, like that's not that's not you know, right right right, right right.
Speaker 3: I can I can judge myself on where I am in my spiritual fitness on these things. When I'm doing well, I can take these the way they're intended. This is someone who is trying to help me and make my life better.
Speaker 4: Now, this person was not trying to pin or make my life better. This was judgment.
Speaker 3: If I'm not spiritually fit, I only take it as judgment. You think you're smarter than me, and I want to fight you. So it's usually one of those two things.
Speaker 2: It sounds like Jack is judging Katie right here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 1: And are you breastfeeding? Quote end quote. I hope, so you waited so long, so do it right. So if I'm not breastfeeding, I'm not doing it right. So you can take that and you know, do with it what you will. But I mean it, everybody's family is different. My sweet baby had to be on a supplemented formula he because he was born so small and had to be whisked away to the nick you immediately, and so they wanted us to up his calories, so we did that with formula.
Speaker 4: Sue me.
Speaker 2: Sorry, right, Yeah, I think yes, I think it's time for father Joe to weigh in with his counseling. Yeah, yeah, I yeah, yeah, it's it's well, and you're dealing with all sorts of stuff neuropsychologically that that we're not at this point.
Speaker 4: You don't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you're lack dating.
Speaker 1: You weren't going to talk about it on the air, But I've been seeing the dots on his shirt from his nipples earlier.
Speaker 2: I got to get the pants. There's a balance to be struck between being a bitter, hateful hermit on the one hand and letting idiots' comments.
Speaker 4: Get to you.
Speaker 2: You do not need to justify yourself to anyone but your baby and your husband.
Speaker 1: Right, And I'm using this strictly for this podcast, like you, like, I mean, I've read worse than this over the last three months.
Speaker 4: The busy bodies.
Speaker 2: Of the world recognized themselves having even heard this in its entirety. Yeah, are they immune to that as well?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 1: I mean, this will probably go right over this person's head, to be honest with you, but it was just something that caught my eye in the sense of, like, dude, I know I'm a new mom, and i know this is the first time, but I'm also I'm not tone deaf, and I'm listening to my doctors, my doctors and his doctors. So and yeah, I am dealing with some weird, weird stuff. Man, I have And I texted you if you got more than a few times while I've been off where I mean, I had a couple of episodes where I just I lost it. I felt disconnected. I felt like I wasn't even here and it was a thing that I didn't even know existed. Like when it hit me, I was like, what I've never heard of this before. I've heard of postpartum depression where you get sad, and I've never heard of this like manic ang chiss moment that can hit. And once I looked into it, I realized that it's like a one in five thing.
Speaker 4: Wow, And I had no idea.
Speaker 1: And so that was one of the things I was like, you know what, when I'm gonna come back and we do our podcast or we go on the air, I want to make sure that it's something that's addressed, because like, if it's one in five, I'm not the only person that didn't have any idea that this existed.
Speaker 3: Well, for ratings purposes, if you could crack a mic anytime you feel this coming on and make sure you record it just like lose your mind.
Speaker 1: Now, absolutely, that would be so much work for Hanson's.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, thank you, Jack. Jack's the one that wanted to sell my contractions, by the way, so we'll just we're going to sponsor them. Yeah, we were gonna.
Speaker 1: Spire this contraction brought to you by you know, Elk grove Ford.
Speaker 3: In terms of how to deal with it, I wish Joe could explain a little more of this bitter, hateful hermit lifestyle. It's got an appeal to me like that might be my.
Speaker 4: Sweet it's ignoring it.
Speaker 1: You just don't give them the gratification that I'm giving it right now, which usually I wouldn't. And I've been in this for twenty years, and usually I wouldn't give this person my time of day.
Speaker 4: But it's like it happens so much to moms.
Speaker 2: And so here's a variation on that.
Speaker 4: I used to.
Speaker 2: Run into people now and again. They'd, you know, they'd find out who I was and what I did for a living, and they'd say, oh, you know, and you get this once in a while, Yeah, your show really isn't my cup of tea.
Speaker 4: I didn't really like it or whatever.
Speaker 2: And if I cared about the relationship with a person or it came up in conversation, I would explain to people. And these numbers are outdated because radio, my god, has changed completely. Podcasting is obviously taken over to a large extent blah blah blah, but it used to be back in the day. That's certainly in a major market, if you could regularly get one percent of listening audience one percent, you could make a living. If you can get two percent. You can make a really good living. If you got five percent, you would get rich, wealthy five percent. And my response was, you're in the ninety five percent.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 2: It's fine. It doesn't make me mad. I'm not sad. I'm not disappointed. You're in the ninety five percent. It does not matter to you. Those people are in the ninety five percent who are wrong or you don't get or they're dopes, or they're they got no like concept of when their opinion is welcome when it's not. You're in the ninety five percent, and it's more like ninety nine point nine percent because the circle of people you ought to care about what they think is very very small if you think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have four of them in front of me, and then I have my husband and my parents and my in laws.
Speaker 4: That's about it.
Speaker 2: You know, if you go down to the bus station commit a triple murder, you don't need strangers to tell you that's wrong.
Speaker 4: The people you care about will tell you what's wrong right.
Speaker 2: And the stuff only that very small circle knows about same thing. You can count on them.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about this, I will tell you, dude.
Speaker 1: The old ladies that love me with my little baby and my stroller everywhere I go. I was walking through I was walking through a parking lot last week with Van.
Speaker 4: We had just gone to lunch, and these two ladies looked at me and they had to have.
Speaker 1: Been in their mid eighties. One of them had a walker, and the one with the walker went, you go girl, It's like yeah, and she came over and she looked at bad and she's like, he is such an angel, and like the amount of the amount of good outweighs the bad bye.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, a trillion.
Speaker 1: But it's just I don't know, Like I saw this thing and I was like, you know, more moms get hit with this bsan than gets addressed.
Speaker 3: I feel that way when I see people like clearly starting out their family, think, oh, that is so awesome through that period of your life.
Speaker 4: And he's he's such a good baby.
Speaker 1: I mean, we sat at lunch the other day for like an hour and a half and he just sat there and kind of looked around and he's just started to cool and social smile. So when I get like really close to his face, his eyes like change and they light up and he's just oh, oh my God, I'm so in love.
Speaker 4: It's obnoxious. It's obnoxious.
Speaker 2: There you go, and don't ruin that feeling by beating Susan with both your fits, leaving her with a bloody nose.
Speaker 4: Well, that's why I brought it to you, guys. He's not in here right now.
Speaker 3: Figuring out where she lives, going to her house, slashing her.
Speaker 2: Head like she was the light bag. No, don't do it.
Speaker 4: I already found her. Oh my life, it's extended.
Speaker 2: No, no, deepreps, deeprep.
Speaker 4: That was here tired of floting. Hey, he don't worry about other people. Hey, how many times are a day do you feel?
Speaker 2: Do you feed Van?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, I don't know how many times a day, but I will say that it almost three months. He is taking twenty eight to thirty ounces of food a day.
Speaker 4: So you're starving your child.
Speaker 1: Oh, just you know, Michael, Michael, I will come in there and I will choke slam you.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I guess that's it. You're not feeding him enough. Shut up, Jack,